Thirteen 2 session 10
The party returns to the cave to investigate the inside and show the Atenrosera party the marked location of the cannon. Hildie and Svald remain outside to keep watch. Oshwę'da', The Tsonnontouan spellcaster, confirms they are there. Tchuuoneega tries to feed her to the cave's spirit, but instead it jumps into Lucas, and the cave is swarmed with snakes who attack Tchuuoneega as the rest grab Lucas and flee. While the others try to figure out how to save him, Lucas communes with the spirit and offers to help it find another home. When the others draw it out of him, it emerges as a small snake that stays with him. They return to the cave to verify if it is now safe, and Skalla asks Oshwę'da if she thinks they will be able to negotiate reasonably. They return to camp to find that it has been attacked by the group who attacked the Tsonnontouan before, and make plans for a rescue.
- Session date: 2022-02-27
- In Game date: following directly on from the previous session
Session Start: Sun Feb 20 12:06:07 2022 Session Ident: #thirteen
Going into the cave
<Narrator> (Okay, was the plan to go back to the cave to check it out some more?)
<Welumque> If we know more about who or what they are, I can talk to them. But not knowing anything about them puts us at a grave disadvantage.
<Welumque> (nm, ignore me)
* Lucas is fine with going back in the cave but other people might have qualms about the results ^-^
<Welumque> Lucas ... will you be all right in there, mem?
<Lucas> I think so.
<Lucas> I'm not worried about myself...
<Welumque> What sort of spirit is in there?
<Skalla> is it just one?
<Lucas> Something young and curious and eager to grow. It may not know what harm it can do...
<Lucas> I can keep trying to work with it, if we wish.
* Welumque nods.
<Welumque> All right. I trust you.
<Hildie> I'll keep watch out here. Don't want whoever is out there sneaking up on us.
* Skalla nods to Hildie
<Skalla> or our new companions >.>
* Skalla says quietly
* Pierre shift uncomfortably
* Hildie gives her a half grin.
<Welumque> I'll stay close. As close as you want me.
* Svald is also uneasy
* Lucas will nod and venture back inside the cave, then, to try and communicate further with the spirit(s) within.
<Skalla> you can stay with Hildie of you want
* Skalla says to Svald
* Tchuuoneega (webchat188.8.131.52) has joined #thirteen
* Ohontekahenta (webchat184.108.40.206) has joined #thirteen
* Ohontekahenta will have gathered a group of his people to go investigate the cave.
<Narrator> (Who all is going into the cave?)
<Welumque> (I'm going in as close as Lucas wants me)
<Pierre> (Where does Skalla want me to go?)
<Pierre> (I'll probably stick close by her unless otherwise directed)
<Narrator> (Okay, and Lucas is going in, and it sounds like Hildie and Svald are staying outside?)
* Svald will stay near the entrance unless directed otherwise, yeah
<Skalla> Pierre, you can come with us
* Pierre nods
<Pierre> Yes, Mademoiselle.
* Skalla will follow Lucas and Welemque
* Pierre will follow Skalla
* Skalla will keep ane eye ou for.... I'm no even ure, inside -_-
<Skalla> (I think I wanted to look for more tracks and see if I could figure out what pther peopel had been doing hre and where they'd gone)
* Ohontekahenta is bringing two of his soldiers, one of the two spellcaster types, and Tchuuoneega.
<Narrator> (Okay. At this point, you can do that or accompany the Atenrosera folks into the cave. Which do you want to do?)
<Narrator> (Or, rather, you can also look afterwards.)
<Skalla> (I meant look around inside the cave though)
<Narrator> (Oh, okay.)
<Skalla> (we already looked outide)
<Narrator> Y'all can enter as a group, the Atenrosera spellcaster summoning light to see by. Lucas, you can definitely feel a stirring attention as you all enter.
<Ohontekahenta> You already located the cannons, yes?
* Lucas will try to reach out to the spirit, as much to keep it interested/distracted as anything else.
<Skalla> We know where they should be.
<Tchuuoneega> This way.
<Skalla> but it seems there's been other traffic through here - before we had a chance to confitm anything, we heards shots outside the cave...
<Ohontekahenta> You mean other people?
* Ohontekahenta looks at Tchuuoneega.
<Skalla> so, maybe we've both been beaten to the punch
<Skalla> . o O (If there was ever anything here...)
<Ohontekahenta> Show me where they're supposed to be.
* Skalla will check and see
* Tchuuoneega heads further into the cave, to where you had been before.
* Skalla will glace at what Lucas is doing, and Wave Pierre to go with them
* Tsonnontouan_Spellcaster (webchat220.127.116.11) has joined #thirteen
carful - but see if it is the same place. if anything is weird, come back)
<Tsonnontouan_Spellcaster> There's a strong presence here.
<Skalla> (want to check and see about other activity here, I mean :p)
<Skalla> yes, I did tell you that.
<Skalla> (non-spirit acvity in my case ;p)
* Ohontekahenta nods.
<Narrator> (Heather, roll Investigate)
<Skalla> (someday I will remember the roll - 4d3-8 as a base right?)
* Remote is off
<Skalla> !roll 4d3-8
* Lan-werk rolls for Skalla: [ 4d3-8 ] getting [ 3 1 3 2 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ -8 ] totals [ 1 ].
* Tchuuoneega will have lead you all to where you had been before, marked with the wooden x.
<Skalla> (can I invoke my Comfortble Oudoorswoman for a bonus or woudl it not aply here?)
<Narrator> (At this point, it's difficult to really make out anything in particular. You're not sure if anyone besides your groups have been in here recently, but you can't rule it out.)
<Skalla> (okay, that's fine)
<Narrator> (You could, but I don't think it's enough to tell anything more)
<Ohontekahenta> None of this appears disturbed.
* Tsonnontouan_Spellcaster seems to be focused on the images on the wall.
<Tchuuoneega> So it should still be there.
<Skalla> that's the hope
<Ohontekahenta> Oshwę'da', are they there?
* Tsonnontouan_Spellcaster takes a moment to pull themselves away from the carvings.
* Tsonnontouan_Spellcaster is now known as Oshweda
* Oshweda steps towards the x mark.
* Skalla will watch
<Lucas> !roll 4d3-4
* Lan-werk rolls for Lucas: [ 4d3-4 ] getting [ 2 2 1 2 ] for a total of [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ -4 ] totals [ 3 ].
<Narrator> It's certainly more interested in you than anyone else.
* Oshweda extends a hand out to touch the cave wall.
<Oshweda> There's definitely several large metal objects, not too far into the stone.
<Skalla> well, that's a relief
<Ohontekahenta> Can you take them out?
<Oshweda> With effort, and time.
* Skalla nods
<Skalla> that was our plan too. we can do it physically, but we have Svald as well
<Narrator> Lucas, you feel a sudden, sharp change in focus from the spirit.
<Lucas> (can I tell what it's feeling/responding to? is it upset/angry or anything?)
* Tchuuoneega approaches Oshweda.
<Tchuuoneega> They should be from about here to here.
* Tchuuoneega points, placing a hand on the caster's shoulder and directing their gaze.
<Narrator> (It's a sensation, you think, like it's spotted prey.)
<Lucas> (I'll try to pull its attention back to me, I guess. "Hey, so, haunt here often, baby?")
* Oshweda looks closer, concentrating on the stone.
<Narrator> (Hmm. I suppose roll Rapport again.)
<Lucas> !roll 4d3-4
* Lan-werk rolls for Lucas: [ 4d3-4 ] getting [ 3 3 3 3 ] for a total of [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ -4 ] totals [ 8 ].
<Narrator> Oshweda's light dims, and you all hear the loud scraping of enormous scales. Quicker than could be believed, a serpent of shadow and spirit rises from the darkness of the cave. For a moment, it seems as though it is going to strike Oshweda, but instead plunges *into* Lucas, who collapses.
<Narrator> The scraping is gone, but it is replaced with a deafening cacophony of rattles.
* Skalla will go over to him
* Welumque hustles over as well
<Ohontekahenta> Out of the cave!
<Pierre> Mademoiselle, be careful!
<Narrator> The rattles are loud, and clearly getting closer.
* Skalla casts a glace at Tchuuoneega as well, and will pick up Lucas, if she can
* Welumque lifts at Lucas to try to pull him out
<Narrator> Oshweda and the two warriors retreat.
* Pierre tries to help, eager to get out of there...
* Ohontekahenta makes sure his people move out before heading out.
<Skalla> I've got him
<Tchuuoneega> (quietly) It wasn't supposed to...
<Narrator> (Whoever wants to help get Lucas out, roll Physique)
<Skalla> oh wasn't it >:|
<Skalla> !roll 4d3-5
* Lan-werk rolls for Skalla: [ 4d3-5 ] getting [ 2 1 2 2 ] for a total of [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ -5 ] totals [ 2 ].
<Welumque> (uh, do I have anything to give me any bonus in this situation? For helping one of my poor mems?)
<Narrator> (Yeah, you can invoke an aspect to give you a +2)
<Welumque> !roll 4d3-6
* Lan-werk rolls for Welumque: [ 4d3-6 ] getting [ 1 3 3 3 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ -6 ] totals [ 4 ].
<Welumque> (hey, look at that!)
<Skalla> (yeah I could involke an aspect if I need to but idk if that is necessary)
<Welumque> (you should be pulling harder, Skalla, I'm outperforming you here)
<Welumque> (I'm an old lady)
* Welumque pulls and lifts with unforeseen might!
<Narrator> You're all able to get moving with Lucas in tow. The noise of the rattles is getting closer, and, as you leave the chamber, a glance back sees Tchuuoneega fall to his knees as rattlesnakes swarm over him, striking repeatedly.
* Skalla is distracted by This Fucking Guy
<Welumque> Got ... you ... Pallinaque ... come ... along ...
* Welumque grunts as she pulls mightily
<Pierre> !roll 4d3-3
* Lan-werk rolls for Pierre: [ 4d3-3 ] getting [ 2 3 3 1 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ -3 ] totals [ 6 ].
<Pierre> I have him, Madame.
<Welumque> It's FINE! Let GO!
* Welumque continues to pull unabated.
Trying to save Lucas
<Narrator> Hildie and Svald, you hear shouts, followed quickly by your new 'friends' running out of the cave.
* Hildie whirls around and points the rifle into the mouth of the cave.
* Skalla will let them go, backing awaya and watching out for oyther snakes
<Narrator> Shortly after, the rest of your group appears, lugging an apparently unconscious Lucas.
<Hildie> The fuck...
<Skalla> (let pierre and welmque take Lucas I mean)
<Svald> What happened?
* Svald has a shocked expression
<Oshweda> The spirits. What did he do?
<Skalla> Svald can you look at him? HE was... I'm not sure. Attacked? By a spirit
* Oshweda looks at Lucas.
<Welumque> Snakes. In the cave.
* Welumque says, panting and hauling still.
<Ohontekahenta> A spirit, and its servants.
<Skalla> I'm pretty sure your guide was trying to feed *you* to it
<Ohontekahenta> ...Where is Tchuuoneega?
* Skalla says to Oshweda
<Hildie> Snakes... Why does it always have to be snakes...
* Oshweda frowns at Skalla, then at Hildie.
<Skalla> buried in angry snakes, is where
<Svald> Oh... I can try...
* Skalla gestures back at the cave
* Svald approaches Lucas and Welumque.
<Svald> (what can I sense?)
<Skalla> just... be careful
<Skalla> help him if you can, but I don't want it to get you too
<Narrator> (Roll Notice)
<Svald> !roll 4d3-5
* Lan-werk rolls for Svald: [ 4d3-5 ] getting [ 2 2 3 1 ] for a total of [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ -5 ] totals [ 3 ].
<Narrator> It's hard to judge, but it feels like the spirit is attempting to merge itself with Lucas. I'm not sure how much experience you would have with this sort of thing.
<Welumque> Help him!
* Welumque says, to anyone who will hear.
<Svald> It.. it's trying to merge with him
<Svald> I don't.. I've never seen this before
<Hildie> What the fuck did he do?!
<Hildie> How do we get it out?
* Oshweda will come over to examine Lucas as well.
<Welumque> He has a connection to them ... from the war. It must have seen it in him, and drawn him in.
* Skalla will gab Lucas's hand and Squeeze
<Skalla> Don't let it take you - you can fight this, you're not alone
* Svald tries to pull it out, but really has no idea what they are doing.
<Narrator> (Roll Will)
<Svald> !roll 4d3-4
* Lan-werk rolls for Svald: [ 4d3-4 ] getting [ 3 2 3 1 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ -4 ] totals [ 5 ].
* Hildie looks back and forth between Lucas and aiming the gun at the cave entrance.
* Hildie is uncomfortable with any enemy she can't shoot.
<Skalla> (If I can give him any help through my 'I look out for my poeple aspect', lmk and I would ike to)
<Skalla> (Help ground him with my crushing grip or whatever ;)
* Welumque will just hold Lucas and quietly intone to whatever power will hear her
<Narrator> Svald, you don't feel like you can get a "grip" on the spirit.
<Oshweda> We need to get him to the river. That will help cleanse this.
<Svald> I can't...
<Welumque> Come on, we'll pull him!
<Svald> It's too slippery!
* Welumque starts pulling and hauling again
* Svald exclaims in dismay.
* Hildie will grab him by an arm and pull as hard as she can with her bum leg.
<Skalla> just pick him up
* Skalla will do so if she can
<Skalla> (if you want another physique roll lmk)
<Narrator> (Actually, yeah. It's a fair ways to carry him, even tiny as he is)
<Skalla> (Or. I'll just do one anyway to have time and you can ignore it if not ;)
<Skalla> !roll 4d3-5
* Lan-werk rolls for Skalla: [ 4d3-5 ] getting [ 1 3 2 2 ] for a total of [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ -5 ] totals [ 3 ].
Lucas makes a lil fren
* Tchuuoneega is now known as Child
<Narrator> (What would be a comforting place for Lucas?)
<Lucas> (someplace in the woods near home, probably. like if he had a place he liked to go for gathering plants and herbs and stuff.)
<Narrator> Lucas finds himself in the clearing near the lake back home, a late afternoon sun lazily pouring through the trees.
<Narrator> There's a young halfling child with eyes like Lucas's standing not too far away.
* Ohontekahenta (webchat18.104.22.168) has joined #thirteen02
* Tchuuoneega (webchat22.214.171.124) has joined #thirteen02
* Tchuuoneega is now known as Child
<Lucas> It's nice here, isn't it?
<Child> It is. Is this your home?
<Lucas> It used to be...
<Narrator> What is it now?
<Lucas> A place that is out of reach.
<Lucas> Do you have a home?
<Child> I don't think so.
<Child> Can this be my home?
<Lucas> What do you need, to make yourself a home?
<Child> A place to be. A place that's for me.
<Child> You have known my kind before.
<Child> So I...
<Child> Came here
<Lucas> I did know ... one like you before. And it hurt me. I want to help you, but I can't let you stay in me.
<Lucas> Can I take you somewhere?
<Child> I don't know. I only knew the cave, and here.
<Child> The people who came to the cave, they wanted to take me, I think, but they weren't right.
<Lucas> There are so many other places in the world. You don't need to stay in the cave if you don't want to be there.
<Lucas> I can take you away from there if you want.
* Child nods.
<Child> I would like to find a place.
<Lucas> Then you can stay with me until we find you that place. I'll help.
<Narrator> The light through the trees dims, and it begins to rain.
<Child> Ow! Ow, it hurts!
* Lucas will take his coat off and drape it over the child.
<Child> What is that? Why does it hurt?
<Lucas> It is the outside world. That's what it does.
<Lucas> You shed your skin and each time it grows tougher, so that you can grow too.
<Child> I don't know if I know how.
<Lucas> You will learn. I can try to guide you.
* Child looks at Lucas, nods, and moves to embrace him.
* Lucas hugs the child back.
<Narrator> You can all manage to carry Lucas to the nearby river, a few hundred yards away.
<Ohontekahenta> Oshweda, aid them. I will return to camp to tell the others.
* Oshweda nods.
* Welumque is staying right with Lucas, tears running down her cheeks as she continues to pray quietly to her self.
* Hildie glares at Oshweda.
<Hildie> Help him!
<Oshweda> This is not where my talents lie, but I will try.
<Skalla> in the river?
<Oshweda> (to Svald) Will you help me?
<Svald> I can try... I don't know how either though
<Svald> I couldn't get hold of it before.
<Oshweda> We'll need to disrobe him, and I'll apply the markings.
<Oshweda> I've aided in cleansing the serpent's touch before, but...
<Oshweda> We'll need to hold him in the water as covered as possible, but so he can still breath.
<Oshweda> The water will help wash away the spirit's touch.
* Hildie will drop down to her good knee and help them with him.
* Skalla will wade ut into the river to find a good spot
* Welumque will help however she can, maybe holding his head up, if she still can.
* Svald will aid as best they can.
* Pierre is at a loss, but also tries to help in whatever way seems needed
* Oshweda will pull out some pigments from her pack once Lucas is stripped and begin applying markings on his eyes, over his heart, etc.
<Oshweda> Okay, into the water. All together, let's be careful with him.
* Svald gingerly helps move him.
<Skalla> bottom's stable and it deep enough
* Oshweda will help you get him into the water.
<Oshweda> Blessed river cleanse the touch of this angered spirit from our brother...
* Oshweda chants this repeatedly in Tsonnontouan Atenrosera.
<Narrator> Lucas begins coughing.
<Narrator> (Lucas, you find yourself held by your friends, naked, in a river, coughing up something...)
<Hildie> Lucas! Can you hear me?
<Welumque> That's it .. that's it, boy.
<Welumque> Get it all out.
<Lucas> It's... fine...
* Lucas says between coughs
* Skalla will help him stay above the water
* Hildie collapses back on her butt in the mud, relieved.
<Skalla> is it?
<Narrator> You can find your feet, though still wracked by coughs. After a few moment, the head of a small rattlesnake protrudes from Lucas's mouth.
<Hildie> What the...
* Pierre starts back
<Narrator> It's certainly disconcerting, Lucas, but it will quickly slither it's way out and onto your shoulders.
<Hildie> Is... is that...
<Lucas> ... where are my clothes?
* Oshweda looks pretty terrified.
<Hildie> On the bank.
<Skalla> on the bank. Lea on me we'll get you there
<Lucas> This is under my protection. I'm giving it shelter for now.
* Hildie blushes.
* Skalla says, eyeing the snake, but if Lucas doesn't seem concerned...
* Skalla will help him out of the river
<Welumque> You gave us a scare, mem.
* Lucas will hastily get his clothes back on once he's on the bank.
<Lucas> I'm sorry... I didn't mean to.
* Welumque shakes her head.
<Welumque> We put you in there. We let you go, encouraged you.
<Lucas> It's all right.
<Hildie> Are you ok?
<Lucas> We'll see. I think yes?
* Svald eyes the snake
<Pierre> What happened?
<Lucas> That would be a long explanation. But the spirit should not be a risk in the cave now.
<Skalla> I guess we'll see what Tchuuoneega thinks of that. whatever is left of him >.>
<Hildie> I, uh.... sorry we had to strip you...
* Lucas nods.
* Skalla is currently soaked form at elast the wasit down, but hands him his dry coat
<Lucas> Sometimes you need to shed your skin. It happens.
The cave is now empty of serpents (probably)
* Pierre looks back in the direction of the cave uneasily
<Welumque> Let's get back to the cave then.
* Skalla nods
* Oshweda looks uneasy at that.
* Skalla looks at her
<Oshweda> You think it will be safe?
<Skalla> Well if your party isn't interested...
<Pierre> Uh... are you certain it's safe, Monsieur Lucas?
<Skalla> there's only one way to know.
<Lucas> Nothing in this world is certain.
<Narrator> You can all make your way back to the cave easily enough.
* Skalla looks at Svald
<Skalla> is it ...better?
* Svald tries to feel it out
<Narrator> (Roll Notice)
<Svald> !roll 4d3-5
* Lan-werk rolls for Svald: [ 4d3-5 ] getting [ 2 3 3 1 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ -5 ] totals [ 4 ].
<Skalla> other than full of snakes >.>
<Narrator> (On that note)
<Narrator> The soil at the mouth of the cave is scored with winding trails of dirt.
* Skalla frowns
* Hildie grimaces
<Narrator> (Svald, you don't feel the strong presence from before, though the area around is still strangely vacant.)
<Svald> It's not there...
<Svald> Nothing else is either.
<Skalla> what about the regular snakes
* Svald closes their eyes and feels for the presence of the reptiles.
<Narrator> (I'll go off the same roll.)
<Narrator> You can sense various snakes in the immediate area, but nothing like the mass that would have been in the cave before.
<Svald> Just, um, a normal amount
* Skalla looks around inside, and will step back inside
<Narrator> Seems like a cave...
* Hildie will follow her in.
* Svald will as well.
* Pierre follows reluctantly
* Skalla wants to g see if there is anything left from That Fucking Guy
* Lucas is going to stay outside, at the entrance.
<Hildie> (Scratch that, Hildie will stay at the entrance too.)
* Oshweda will reluctantly follow.
<Narrator> Returning to the chamber where the cannons are buried, you don't see a body, though there is blood on the stone.
<Skalla> I guess...
<Skalla> we can get what we came for, at least
<Pierre> Where did he go?
* Svald shrugs
<Svald> With the snakes?
<Skalla> the last I saw him, he was under a pile of writing snakes so unless that comes back to be a problem for me somehow....
<Pierre> But... did they drag him away somewhere?
* Svald shrugs again.
<Skalla> you wanna go looking?
<Pierre> I... well, no, but...
<Skalla> great. let's get this over with as efficiently as we can.
* Skalla turns to Oshweda.
<Skalla> Do you really have more people coming? Now that your'guide', who tried to feed you to the snakes, is gone?
* Oshweda looks unsure.
<Skalla> I absolitely do appreciate your help with Lucas, to be clear.
<Oshweda> We don't.
* Skalla nods
<Oshweda> were sent to recover the cannons for our tribe.
* Skalla nods
<Skalla> I'm sure we can work this out.
* Oshweda (webchat126.96.36.199) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Ohontekahenta (webchat188.8.131.52) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Oshweda (webchat184.108.40.206) has joined #thirteen
<Skalla> we can split them. Keeping in mind that we have the equipment *and* magic here to both retrieve and transport them, and to even confirm if theyre workable
<Oshweda> I'm not the one you have to convince, but I'll aid you in recovering them.
* Skalla nods
<Skalla> is Ohontehakenta convincable in this matter?
<Oshweda> I'm not sure.
<Oshweda> It's possible.
<Skalla> . o O (men >.>)
<Skalla> well, hopefully he'll see reason.
<Skalla> let's go back to camp
<Narrator> (Okay, so you're all heading back to camp?)
* Welumque will stay super close to Lucas and pay very close attention to him.
* Hildie will keep her eyes peeled. We're still not the only ones out here.
<Skalla> (yes, since that's where Ohontekahenta went)
Back to an empty camp
<Narrator> It's not too far back to camp, but, as it comes into sight, you don't see anyone around.
<Skalla> (fro either group?)
* Lucas seems okay if perhaps a little pensive
* Skalla takes a deeep breath
<Narrator> (Nope, no one from either group.)
<Skalla> we need to figure out where they went and what happened - did they get attacked?
<Skalla> Hildie, keep watching our backs
* Hildie nods and keeps her rifle readied.
* Skalla will have a look
* Welumque will see if she can see any signs of where they went / which direction.
<Narrator> (Roll Investigate)
<Welumque> !roll 4d3-5
* Lan-werk rolls for Welumque: [ 4d3-5 ] getting [ 2 3 2 2 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ -5 ] totals [ 4 ].
<Svald> (are there snake tracks, lol)
* Skalla rolls [ 4d3-8 ] getting [ 1 2 2 2 ] for a total of [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ -8 ] totals [ -1 ]
<Svald> !roll 4d3-6
* Lan-werk rolls for Svald: [ 4d3-6 ] getting [ 1 3 2 2 ] for a total of [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ -6 ] totals [ 2 ].
<Skalla> (I could use and aspect to make that better bu I think Skalla is just.... very stressed and frustrated at this point)
<Narrator> Welumque, you can find some spots where the grass is disturbed. It looks like things (people, you assume) were dragged off to the north.
<Narrator> You guys can find a couple of arrows here and there throughout the camp, though you didn't hear any shots.
<Welumque> (can I tell, dragged by what? by other people?)
<Narrator> (Other people, you're fairly sure.)
<Welumque> Here, see. People came and dragged others away.
* Welumque points to some spots.
<Skalla> away to where?
<Welumque> North. Perhaps there was a battle with some injured or killed? There was a period where we wouldn't have heard a commotion, while we were in the cave or dealing with snakes.
<Welumque> But this doesn't really look like a full-fledged battle.
<Svald> (Does anyone recognize the style of arrows?)
<Welumque> (I'm assuming there aren't any bloodstains / spatters that I can see?)
<Svald> (is there blood?)
<Skalla> (are they the same as the ones we found from where the other group was attacked)
<Narrator> There's a little bit of blood in a couple places.
<Narrator> (Yes on the same arrows)
* Svald tries to determine if there are any birds or animals nearby that might have witnessed what happened.
<Welumque> Just a bit of blood, here ... and here.
<Skalla> does your little snake frend know anythign about these people, Lucas?
* Lucas will try to see if it does
<Narrator> Svald, when you reach out mystically, there don't seem to be any animals in the area, like they were avoiding something.
<Narrator> (The snake can communicate to you that there are people here who were feeding it.)
* Skalla will take a momment to try and get her shit together under the guise of fixing her hair so it is more out of her face, adn also checing her ownweapons to see if her powder is dry after her little river venture
* Svald frowns.
<Hildie> They can't be far. We should go after them.
<Lucas> There are people here who were... feeding it.
* Lucas conveys to the others
<Svald> Feeding it what?
<Lucas> Mm... like what happened to Tchuuoneega, I would guess.
* Pierre (~Mibbitbras-base-mtrlpq4396w-grc-01-65-92-225-196.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Quit: https://mibbit.com Online IRC Client)
<Skalla> like he was hoping to do, I guess
<Skalla> well. We ned to get them back
<Skalla> so - we follow, find out what we can about their camp, and make a plan
<Welumque> To what end? what's our goal here?
<Skalla> To recover our people, at least
* Oshweda nods.
<Oshweda> If there's a chance they're still alive, we have to try.
<Welumque> Right, and I agree with that. But I don't want us to end up sharing their fate.
<Skalla> okay - then we go and get more infomration. We can't plan without it
<Skalla> can you follow them?
<Skalla> or Svald, do you think we canuh... use a bird or something
<Svald> I would ask one of the animals to look but... there aren't any
* Svald says uneasily
<Hildie> That's always a good sign.
<Svald> They are avoiding this place, I think.
<Skalla> well, maybe as wrl press on
<Skalla> are there any weapons left in camp?
* Pierre (~Mibbitbras-base-mtrlpq4396w-grc-01-65-92-225-196.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #thirteen
<Svald> I could go myself but... if there aren't any others I might stand out.
<Skalla> then no
<Narrator> (Some weapons are still there, yes)
<Skalla> take some extra guns if you can - if we can get them out *and* armed, then they can help us, too
* Hildie will grab an extra pistol or two and tuck them in her belt.
<Skalla> but let's not dawdle, we don't know what they want them for
<Narrator> (Why don't we stop there for now, then)
<Skalla> (sounds good!)