Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 18

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 18 Next

Summary

The dragon and his party come to the city and are presented to May, who offers them rooms in the keep, while the kobolds set up camp with the Hrieffen. That evening, a storm rolls in and the city is attacked....by another dragon, Kepeskmiiriv, who had given herself over to the elements and become catastrophic after losing a previous battle with Gladius. The previous dragon-fighting plans are put into play, with May summoning the Eirenes and Laris gathering his troops and archers. Korivan gathers some of his booyahg to rendezvous with the Genasi, and has Kraaz fetch one someone to explain what is happening. He returns with Iosh, who is just a kobold after all, while Gladius joins the fight. Induriel joins the ritualists, though May finds herself stragely enervated. They use Iosh's connection with Kepeskmiiriv and the genasi connection with the elements to give Eyllia control of the storm and draw its power away from the dragon, to aid their allies and weaken their enemy. Laris find his new bow an effective weapon, and after Gladius brings her down, Kraaz, though badly injured, delivers the killing blow.

Session

Session date: 2018-08-19
In Game date: the day of the last session

Conversation on the way back to the city


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, y'all are riding back with the dragon and entourage in tow.
* Laris will send one of our entourage ahead to let them folks in the city know we're coming
<Laris> (the folks. I haven't suddenly become a hillbilly ;)
<Ealwin> You said you represented Nesu Abamatu and the Hrieffen tribe, both controlling these lands. Is it no longer a Turathi outpost?
<Meghan> There is no Turath any more, father.
<Ealwin> We both know that's not true. Let them answer.
* Zari-werk is now known as Wahal-ish
<Laris> The ruler of Nesu Abamatu is Domina Mamitu Lalu - her family were nobles of Bael Turath.
* Laris looks over at Sahhiru to see if he should explain more or if that's enough info for now.
<Sahhiru> Nesu Abamatu does not answer to a missing empress, but we cannot deny we are Turathi.
* Ealwin nods.
<Ealwin> I fear it would be impolite to inquire further. I know my lord's previous allegiance is a point of contention.
<Laris> We are not forced to be constrained by old allegiances and enmities.
<Ealwin> A wise outlook, I would think, in these times.
<Laris> But there may be some who feel differently, on a ... personal basis.
<Meghan> Then we'll have to do our best to convince them we mean no harm.
* Laris nods
* Remote is off
<Ealwin> You're Thantopolitan, no? You're a long way from home.
<Laris> Yes.
* Laris agrees with those statements.
<Ealwin> I would have thought your people pulled their foreign forces back after Turath's fall. How did you come to be here?
<Laris> The city was without leadership. I was stationed here as an interim governor.
<Laris> That was ten years ago.
<Ealwin> Quite the interim.
<Laris> When Domina Mamitu returned, she requested that I remain to provide guidance and support, so I have done so. Thantopolitan interests in trade through this port remain strong, and it is in our interests to preserve our investment.
* Ealwin nods.
<Ealwin> Of course.
<Ealwin> Domina Mamitu was elsewhere when Turath fell?
<Sahhiru> She was near Aethrennar.
<Sahhiru> More or less.
<Sahhiru> It was...some time before she made her way to Nesu Abamatu.
<Ealwin> And the Hrieffen? You are locals, as it were?
<Korivan> Yes
* Ealwin says to Korivan and Kraaz.
<Ealwin> Are these your lands we're passing through?
* Korivan nods, looking out at them
<Korivan> No..... this is city land
<Sahhiru> Under direct rule of House Lalu, he means.
<Korivan> Mmm.
<Korivan> Our lands are south
<Korivan> We will take....your poeple there @_@
* Ealwin nods.
<Ealwin> Excellent. I'm sure Lord Gladius will want to speak with you further.
<YOAW_Narrator> (He is currently occupied with the kobolds, riding with them and leaving conversation to Ealwin and Meghan.)
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> HOw long have you held this..quest?
* Laris changes topic to 'Lalu Land, starring Ryan Gosling'
<Meghan> My whole life.
<Ealwin> More or less, I suppose.
* Korivan nods and looks at her father
<Ealwin> We barely escaped Arkhosia when Bael Turath sacked the city.
<Korivan> (Do I have any idea how long that might be? :p)
* Meghan will move a hand up to touch the scars visible on her face.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roughly 23 years ago)
<Ealwin> It's been the life of a pilgrim since then.
<Meghan> That's glossing a bit.
<Korivan> It came to you with the fall of the city?
<Ealwin> What came to us?
<Korivan> the quest
<Ealwin> Ah, not exactly. It was something of an interest of mine and Lord Gladius' prior, but engagements in Arkhosia made leaving impossible. With the republic fallen...there was nothing preventing us from pursuing it.
<Korivan> Hmmm....
<Korivan> Is it Terus you seek? Or...knowledge.
<Ealwin> The latter.
<Ealwin> Truth be told, I'm not sure Lord Gladius expects to find Terus. But the search is meaningful in itself.
<Ealwin> It led him to our companions, and he freed them from bondage.
* Ealwin nods towards the kobolds.
* Korivan lokos over at them
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> We will share what we can.
* Eyllia (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Ealwin> We appreciate your hospitality, and hope to repay your kindness.
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll continue chatting with y'all along the way, taking a leisurely pace back towards the city, though you'll probably all speed your pace as you can see a storm rolling in on the horizon.
<YOAW_Narrator> Folks in the city have been prepping for their arrival, correct?
<May> (yup)
<Induriel> (yes)
<Laris> (hopefully!)
<YOAW_Narrator> The group will arrive at the keep just ahead of the incoming storm.

The meeting at the keep


<YOAW_Narrator> (In theory, there's no more dragon danger, so you can be trying to sell some goods, etc.)
* Sahhiru will lead Gladius, Ealwin, and Meghan to the great hall to be presented to May.
<Induriel> (Who else is there?)
* Laris will stay if he's needed there, but will otherwise go check on Dianthea and folks at the temple.
<YOAW_Narrator> (That's up to y'all. Ettelea and Loce, definitely. ;))
* Eyllia will be there. Wants to meet a dragon!
<Induriel> (Then you better believe I am too! :( )
<Laris> (heh maybe I should keep an eye on this then - temple can wait ;)
* Sahhiru will enter just before the other three to announce them.
<Sahhiru> Siru Lalu, may I present Lord Gladius, formerly of Arkhosia, and his companions, Ealwin and Meghan.
* Sahhiru is now known as Gladius
* Korivan assumes we will stick around, ut maybe Krazz can have someone take the Kobolds somewhere to set up where we can keep a eye on them >.>
<May> Greetings... um... Lord Gladius. Welcome to, uh... Nēšu Abamātu. And the rest of you as well.
<YOAW_Narrator> They will enter, all three will approach and make a bow.
* Gladius nods graciously.
<Ealwin> We thank you for welcoming us, Siru Lalu.
<May> What, uh... brings you to our little town?
<Ealwin> A pilgrimage of sorts. We seek wisdom and purpose, and are grateful for this respite from the wilderness.
<Meghan> He means a bed and a roof are a nice change from the road.
* Meghan winks at May, then gives an innocent look at her dad's reproachful look.
* May smiles nervously.
<May> Well, I've taken the liberty of having quarters made up for you. Hopefully they'll be adequate.
<Meghan> Oh, wow, thank you. I figured we'd ask about an inn.
<Ealwin> Your hospitality is most gracious, siru.
<May> It's no trouble at all. Will you be... staying long?
<Ealwin> We're not sure, to be honest. We were just passing through, but there may be something of interest to our quest here.
* Ealwin nods towards Korivan.
<Ealwin> We will endeavor not to outstay out welcome.
<Ealwin> (our, rather)
* Gladius seems to only mildly paying attention.
<May> Well, please let me know if I or my people can be any help. If it's wisdom you're after uh... I have an extensive library and I'd be glad to... show you around.
<Ealwin> I'd relish the opportunity, thank you.
<May> Well, ummm... I'm sure you're tired. Perhaps you'd like to eat and rest? I can have my servants show you to your quarters. We'll make sure the rest of your... ummm... party finds lodging in the city.
<Ealwin> That would be greatly appreciated, siru. The gods' blessings upon you.
<YOAW_Narrator> Servants will see them out to the quarters prepared for them.
* Korivan shrugs. If you wanna lode the Kobolds you can do that
* May will collapse into her chair.
* Gladius is now known as Ettelea
<Ettelea> If I may, Siru Mamitu, they didn't seem so bad.
<Ettelea> For all our concern.
* Meghan is now known as Sahhiru
<May> Well... he was very quiet at least.
<Induriel> . o O (*Their
* concern? Hah!)
<Sahhiru> For the ride, as well.
* Korivan nods
<May> You know, he could have just eaten us all. Like just... chomp. Dead.
<Laris> He did not seem so inclined.
<May> Lucky us.
<May> Keep hime happy while he's here.
<May> Very happy.
<Laris> But also keep an eye on his entourage.
* Laris advises
* Sahhiru nods.
* May nods too.
* Korivan also nods
<Sahhiru> His advisor...speaks for him a great deal.
<YOAW_Narrator> (nods for everyone)
<Korivan> Wholly...
<Laris> if I may, I advise posting guards in the corridor outside their quarters, and providing escorts if they wish to move about the keep or the city.
<May> Good idea.
<Sahhiru> I'll make sure it's done.
* Sahhiru will leave to go arrange that.
<May> And let me know if they make any odd requests.
<May> Like... odd for a dragon.

Laris meets with Dianthea at the temple of the Raven Queen before the dragon attacks


<YOAW_Narrator> (Folks can then go about their business, I suppose, whatever that was going to be. I believe Laris was going to the temple?)
<Laris> (yes, and probably I should also tell the troops they can stand down from immediate threat of 'omg we're going to die' but keep a heavier than usual presence on guard)
* Wahal-ish cracks her knuckles
<Wahal-ish> Alright crew, it's time to SELL
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, you can make your way there. A steady rain has picked up in the time since you arrived, and it looks like the city is going to be pretty well inundated.
<YOAW_Narrator> An acolyte at the temple will show you in.
* Laris will look for Dianthea
* Ealwin is now known as Dianthea
<Dianthea> Laris!
* Dianthea will rush up to you like she's going to give you a hug but stop short.
<Dianthea> You're okay.
<Dianthea> Thank fate.
<Laris> Yes. Everything is all right for now.
<Laris> The dragon and its entourage are in the city for the time being, and there seems to be no immediate danger.
<Dianthea> The dragon is *here*?
<Dianthea> In the city?
<Dianthea> And there's *no
* danger?
<Laris> Their intentions appear to be peaceful. But we are maintaining a watch on them, in case that changes.
* Dianthea sighs.
<Dianthea> Okay.
<Laris> I should say there is no greater danger than before, and probably less. There is never no danger.
* Laris says with a slight smile
<Dianthea> I was worried about you.
* Dianthea looks a little embarrassed to say that.
<Laris> Ah... did they tell you I rode out to negotiate with the newcomers? >.>
* Laris is not sure which part she's worried about
<Dianthea> Yes! I had to hear from one of your soldiers.
<Dianthea> We're not that far from the gate here.
<Dianthea> I know you were just doing your...wait, no, why was that your job?
<Laris> It would not have been appropriate for Domina Mamitu to go herself.
<Laris> But I apologize that I did not tell you before going >.>
* Dianthea sighs again.
<Dianthea> I'm sorry. I don't want to come in an upend your life here.
<Dianthea> I just...I was worried.
<Dianthea> It's a dragon.
<Dianthea> And you're just a you.
<Dianthea> Formidable as that may be.
* Dianthea smiles.
* Laris looks mildly embarrassed.
<Laris> If it had wished to attack, it had the opportunity to do so when it flew near the city before. That it did not suggested to me that it instead sought to communicate with us.
<Laris> My actions were perhaps too rash, but we needed to act decisively.
* Dianthea purses her lips, but nods.
<Dianthea> I know telling me wouldn't have changed anything, and it's not like I could have really aided you.
<Laris> I regret that I caused you worry, even so.
<Dianthea> What are you doing now?
<Dianthea> I guess the city is no longer on alert?
<Laris> I, ah... nothing at present. I have ordered the troops to stand down but remain vigilant.
<Laris> (what time of day is it at this point?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's probably early evening. 9 or so, for this time of year. Darker than usual, with the storm.)
<Laris> Have you eaten? We could have an evening meal. If it were not raining, I'd say we could go to my villa, but with this weather, the ride would be unpleasant.
<Laris> But perhaps in the next day or two.
<Dianthea> I think the temple was about to sit down to eat. I'm sure Merula wouldn't begrudge us some hospitality.
<Dianthea> I'd like that.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Very well.
<YOAW_Narrator> You're interrupted by a huge crack of thunder, clearly very near, and the sound of screams. Distantly, through the echo of the thunder, you can hear a horn from the walls.
* Laris looks concerned
<Dianthea> What was that?!
* Dianthea will rush to the doorway.
<Laris> I don't know. I should check on it.
* Laris will go with her to see what he can tell.
<YOAW_Narrator> Not too far away, you can see a building partially destroyed, flames guttering out in the driving rain.
<YOAW_Narrator> People rush around it, some running, some trying to aid the injured.
* Laris will hurry out to see what is going on, and try to direct the efforts to put out the fire/aid the injured.
* Sahhiru is now known as Harbinger
* Harbinger seems to materialize from nowhere at your side.
<Harbinger> Dominus Corvis.
<Laris> What is happening?
<Harbinger> I have spotted a dragon.
* Harbinger points.
* Laris looks
<YOAW_Narrator> In the sky, though it's difficult to make out, you can see a winged shape darting through the clouds. As you watch, it dives, spewing lightning seemingly randomly near the docks.
<Laris> (did Dianthea follow me out or is she still in the door of the temple?)
* Dianthea has ducked back inside for the moment.
<Laris> Harbinger, go alert the keep.
* Harbinger nods and runs off.
* Laris will return to Dianthea for a moment.
* Dianthea will run into you at the door to the temple, carrying bandages and other supplies.
<Dianthea> Sorry, Laris.
* Dianthea says, moving past you.
<Laris> It's all right. I must return to my post. Please, stay safe. There is a dragon attacking the city.
<Dianthea> I thought the dragon came peacefully?
<Laris> It did... I'm not certain if this is the same one or another, or if there has been some confusion.
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> Well, I'll do what I can here.
<Dianthea> Try to be safe.
* Laris nods
* Dianthea will look unsure for a second, then lean forward to give you a kiss on the cheek, then head over to help the injured.
<Laris> I am sorry our dinner has to be delayed.
* Laris will head off to the walls to muster his troops, who hopefully hadn't finished standing down yet...

May summons the Erinyes


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, folks at the keep.
<YOAW_Narrator> There warning horn will carry over, but no one is quite sure yet what is going on.
<YOAW_Narrator> (The, rather)
* May will run to the window and see if she can see anything.
<YOAW_Narrator> As you watch, you can see a couple of what look like lightning strikes, but the flashes will reveal a dragon flying over the city.
* Eyllia is also trying to find the cause of the excitement
<YOAW_Narrator> (Anybody looking can see basically the same thing.)
<May> ...fuck.
* Ettelea is now known as Sahhiru
* Sahhiru will find you.
<Sahhiru> Mamitu, we prepared for this.
<Sahhiru> Well, perhaps not precisely this.
<May> Yes... right.
<Sahhiru> But you have sacrifices to make.
<May> I need a barrel of pitch. the wood will be soaked by now.
<Sahhiru> I'll see that Temu and Kadanu coordinate our defenses.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> Someone will bring it for you. Go and be ready.
* May nods and heads for the courtyard.
<YOAW_Narrator> Guards will have brought the sacrifices, bound and gagged.
<YOAW_Narrator> Looking at the sky, your guards look almost as frightened as the prisoners.
* May brings a torch to where the prisoners are bound.
* May looks at the bound and gagged prisoners.
<May> For what it's worth... I'm sorry. I would not have chosen this method of execution for you. But know at least that your deaths will help defend this city.
<YOAW_Narrator> Two servants bring a barrel of pitch and help you prepare.
<May> Alocer... Iron Wind, Mistress of Erinyes, we consecrate this sacrifice to you. We call upon your aid in our struggle. Send your legion to crush our enemies!
* May touches the torch to the wood.
<YOAW_Narrator> The pitch goes up in flames, and the wood catches. The sacrifices struggle, screaming through their gags. Their struggles go on longer than you would have thought, though they take on a different aspect after a short while. At length, as the fire consumes them, they seem to burst, and a trio of erinyes rise from the conflagration. They alight, almost delicately, in front of you and kneel.
* Dianthea is now known as Erinyes
<Erinyes> By blood we are summoned, by blood we serve. What is your will, child of the House of Lalu?
<May> (Has the dragon actually attacked yet?)
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, it was attacking before you started the ritual)
<May> (Ok)
<May> Defend the city. Bring down the dragon attacking it.
* May points to where it's circling
<Erinyes> At your command.
<YOAW_Narrator> The three erinyes legionnaires take wing and soar off towards the attacking dragon.

Eyllia and Korivan converge on the Iron Drake


* Eyllia is surprised/confused about the new dragon
<Eyllia> (do I know where Vana is?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (She might still be with the Hrieffen, talking with their shamans. Otherwise at the ship, most likely.)
<Eyllia> Lysa! See if Vana is still with the Hreiffen... I'm going to head to the docks. If she is there, she should know what to do
* Eyllia will break into a run
<YOAW_Narrator> Lysa will do as you say.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Speaking of, what are the Hrieffen doing?)
* Sahhiru is now known as Kraaz
<Korivan> (well!)
<Korivan> Looks like YOu will have your wish, Hraal
<Korivan> (...Is that Gladius? Do I have any sense or idea what is going on)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're not sure, but it seems like it would be weird if it was Gladius)
<Korivan> (I mean, its attacking I think if we;re still ready we will go ahead with our plans..... although it seems to have brught its own storm so I'm not sure what to do with that)
<Korivan> (it does
<Kraaz> You can bring that thing to the ground, right?
<Korivan> (If I can see it - can I tell if the magic looks the same?)
<Korivan> We will do what we can
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll for it?)
<Kraaz> What do you need?
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 6 6 5 2 ] for a total of [ 25 ].
<Korivan> (18 :V)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Whoa, jeez)
<Korivan> (can we crit is in this game ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, yeah, no, it's magic looks different. This one's isn't...contained.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It almost seems like an elemental spirit)
<Korivan> (so.... is that even a dragon?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (What you see in the flashes looks dragon-shaped?)
<Korivan> (does that make sense? I gues Korivan doesn't know enough about dragons to say)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah)
<Korivan> (but if it is itself an elemental power do I think we can use the storm to ground it?)
<Korivan> (would we be fighting it for control?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're honestly not sure. It might be a contest of wills, yes. Hard to say.)
<Korivan> We will tryin to get you something to Fight Kraaz.... but this is is strange @_@
<Kraaz> What's strange?
<Korivan> I need the Genasi.... and a kobold @_@
<Kraaz> o.O
<Kraaz> What's the kobold for?
<Korivan> Information.
* Kraaz nods.
<Korivan> This is some.... elemntal power
<Korivan> It may control the storm itself
<Kraaz> Go to the genasi at the docks. I'll meet you there with a kobold. I'm a much faster rider than you.
<Korivan> Is she gone?
* Korivan frowns
<Kraaz> I was told they left this afternoon.
* Korivan nods
* Korivan will tag a few of the booyagh to come wth and get going then, because yeah, Kraaz is a fastboi
* Kraaz will grab his horse and get going.
<YOAW_Narrator> Those of you outside monitoring things will hear a great roar and see a dragon (presumably Gladius) take off from the keep and shoot into the sky to engage the other dragon.
<YOAW_Narrator> The dragon does seem to be dealing with something in the air, doing more dodging than attacking ground targets.
<YOAW_Narrator> You see Gladius make contact, the two of them tumble through the air, the separate and Gladius takes off into the clouds, the other one in pursuit. He seems to be trying to lead it away from over the city.

Induriel and Kraaz coopt a Kobold and go to join Korivan


<YOAW_Narrator> (Induriel, you're staying in your room?)
<Induriel> (I'll run out and try to figure out what's going on - looking for May and/or Sahhiru)
<YOAW_Narrator> (What is May doing after the sacrifice?)
<May> (Good question)
<May> (Going back inside to coordinate things)
<May> (And try to scry on the battle)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, just a second folks. I cracked a tooth.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Well, a crown)
<Laris> (eep)
<May> (Oh crap!)
<Wahal-ish> (SHIT)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I was just eating a Frito)
<Korivan> (cruel betrayal!)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, May, you will run into Sahhiru and Induriel at roughly the same time.
* Harbinger is now known as Sahhiru
<Sahhiru> May. It's done?
<May> Yes.
<May> They should be engaged already.
<Induriel> Who is attacking? Is it the dragon Gladius?
* Erinyes is now known as Meghan
<Meghan> No, it's not.
* Meghan says, approaching you.
<May> Meghan.... do you know what this is?
* Induriel looks up sharply at her, and bows
<Induriel> I am relieved. But then, who?
<Induriel> (Sharply at Meghan, that is)
<Meghan> I think it...*was* Kepeskmiiriv. The old master of my father's kobold wards.
<Meghan> We thought she was dead, but it seems worse than that.
<May> Worse than dead?
<Induriel> . o O (It seems they did not tell us everything...)
<Meghan> Do you know what a catastrophic dragon is?
<May> ...aren't they all pretty catastrophic when they want to be?
* Meghan frowns.
<Induriel> . o O (Something to do with the fall of Bael Turath?)
<Induriel> Ah, thankfully not. Not until now, I fear.
<Meghan> It's when a dragon gives into their elemental nature. They're just chaos and will, driven to destroy.
<May> Oh.
<Induriel> And this catastrophic dragon has followed you here?
<Meghan> My father will try to get her away from the city, but he barely bested her when she was a normal blue.
<Meghan> I think she might have followed Iosh. They have...a connection.
<May> Well, he will have backup.
<Induriel> What can we do to help?
<Meghan> Do you have any flying troops?
<Meghan> Drakes, that sort of thing?
<May> We have a squadron of Erinyes already engaging it, and the Hrieffen... may have plans of their own.
* Meghan nods.
<Meghan> Whatever you have to engage it, gather them at the north of the city. We'll try to bring it down there.
* May nods and tells one of the servants to run the instructions to Kadanu and the other leaders.
<May> I'm going to try to scry the battle so we can keep an eye on things.
<Induriel> Yes. Perhaps if we can change the environment to be more favourable - dispel the storm, or come up with an opposing element...
<May> In the amount of time we have?
<Meghan> Lightning is a hard one in that regard.
<Meghan> I don't know if there is an opposing element that wouldn't be more hazardous to your city.
<Induriel> Indeed.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can hear some yelling from not far off in the keep.
<Kraaz> Where are the...? You!
<Induriel> . o O (Now what? :( )
* Kraaz rounds the corner and points at Meghan.
<Kraaz> I need one of your kobolds. The Gaath has questions.
<Meghan> The what?
<Meghan> The other hobgoblin?
<May> Their spiritual leader. Korivan.
<May> Yes.
<Kraaz> Yes. He's trying to bring down that dragon and he needs some answers.
<May> Kraaz, if he needs information, I suggest you take Meghan with you. She seems to know what's going on.
<Meghan> I do, but I need to go help my father.
<May> Help him how?
<Meghan> You can take Iosh with you. He should have any answers you need.
<Induriel> .o O (Starting, perhaps, with this 'connection' he shares with the attacker...)
<Meghan> Help him fight.
<Kraaz> Fine, fetch him. Now.
<May> How are you... you know what, I should just not even ask.
<May> Kraaz, what's Korivan's plan?
* Meghan will rush off for a moment
<Kraaz> I *think
* to take over the storm. Or at least disperse it.
<Kraaz> He's headed to the docks to work with the genasi.
* Induriel nods
<May> Induriel, do you think you could help him?
<Induriel> That will reduce the attacker's power. We hope.
<Induriel> Yes, certainly.
<Kraaz> How fast do you ride, elduar?
<May> Then go. I should stay and direct the efforts from here.
* Meghan returns with Iosh in tow.
<Induriel> Let me collect a few items, and we will go.
<Kraaz> We'll wait, but not long.
* Kraaz turns to go, dragging Iosh with him.
* Induriel has already rushed off to collect a few components
<Meghan> Be caref...oh forget it. He's tougher than he looks.
<Meghan> I'm sorry for all this, Domina. I promise, we'll defeat Kepeskmiiriv or die trying.
* May nods.
* Meghan turns and strides off determinedly.
<May> Be careful.
* May sighs and looks out the window at the circling dragons.
<May> Oh screw it.
* May runs down the stairs after Kraaz and Induriel.
<Sahhiru> What are you? May!
<Sahhiru> May!
<May> I'll be back!
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tuck, roll Will for me)
<May> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 4 3 2 6 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> Your limbs feel suddenly leaden, and it is difficult to move.
<Sahhiru> May, are you all right?
* May falls to one knee.
<May> Guh!
<May> What..
* Sahhiru rushes over to catch you.
<Sahhiru> What's wrong?
<May> What was that?
<May> I don't know...
<Sahhiru> Can you stand?
<May> (Good question... can I?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (More or less, but you feel weary, like you've been running for a long time. Your legs are shaky.)
<May> I don't... feel so great.
<May> I thin k I can stand.
<Sahhiru> Let's get you to Temu, have her take a look at you.
<Sahhiru> Induriel can aid Korivan's working for now.
<May> No... I need to get to the docks. They need me there...
<Sahhiru> Hush. You can barely stand, let alone ride.
<May> What... what's going on?
<May> I was fine...
<Sahhiru> Perhaps part of the price for the ritual catching up to you? You didn't light them on the highest point, so Alocer may have taken more.
<May> Maybe...
<May> I really... need to learn to read the fine print...
<Sahhiru> A fine lesson, but one for later.
<Sahhiru> Let's get you to the ritual space for now.
<Meghan> (Oh, whoops)
* May nods reluctantly.
* Sahhiru will help you to where Temy and her people are prepping for scrying.


Korivan, Induriel and Vana use Iosh and Eyllia in a ritual to disperse Kepeskmiiriv's elemental power


<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz (with Iosh) and Induriel will rush off into the torrential rain towards the docks.
* Induriel tries to gather what information he can from Iosh on the way
<YOAW_Narrator> We'll say they arrive roughly as soon as Korivan and his folks do, both not long after Eyllia.
<YOAW_Narrator> (It wouldn't be much. It's raining heavily and you're riding hard.)
* Korivan has been trying to think about how to manage this on the ride
<Kraaz> Kor. Kobold acquired, and he's supposed to know about all this.
* Sahhiru is now known as Iosh
<Korivan> (My thinking at the time is t basically try and push the storm ad spread it out further so it is draining its power)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Makes sense)
* Eyllia is catching her breath and talking with Vana
* Korivan looks at Iosh for a moment
* Meghan is now known as Vana
<Korivan> That thing.... Is it an....elemental dragon?
<Eyllia> where did the other dragon come from?
<Induriel> Apparently so. A "catastrophic" dragon that has given itself over completely to the elements.
<Induriel> Its name is... was... Kepeskmiiriv.
* Korivan glances at Induriel
<Iosh> (Induriel is the only one here that speaks Turathi, right?)
<Korivan> (I do)
<Iosh> (Okay)
* Iosh nods.
<Iosh> Kepeskmiiriv. Tyrant dragon, old master.
* Korivan nods
<Iosh> Linked.
<Korivan> To the storm, yess....
<Korivan> Or somethign else?
* Iosh pulls aside part of the equipment harness he's wearing to reveal a softly glowing blue mark on his chest.
* Korivan peers at Iosh now that he's not 'covered' by GLadiu
<Induriel> Dispelling or weaking the storm will weaken it, then, is that correct, Iosh?
<Korivan> Good.
<Korivan> It is the storm
* Iosh nods.
<Iosh> She is storm now.
<Iosh> Makes her stronger. And weaker.
<Korivan> We can try and....disperse
<Korivan> Pul her apart @_@
* Iosh nods.
* Korivan looks at Vana and Eyllia
* Vana 's eyes widen.
<Vana> That's obviously not something we've done before.
<Korivan> Can you... help?
<Vana> But I guess none of this is.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Yes
* Korivan looks at Iosh
<Korivan> We can use your link....but it will take blood
* Iosh blood.
<Iosh> (Ack)
* Iosh nods.
<Iosh> Blood is strength.
* Korivan nods
* Korivan loks at Vana
<Korivan> Do you have a ritual place?
<Vana> In or out of the rain? Probably in, right?
* Korivan shrugs
<Vana> There's a space on the bow. Come on.
* Vana will lead you over there.
* Korivan is pretty thoroughly soaked anyway
* Korivan considers
<Kraaz> I'll leave you to it. Meghan said they'll try to bring it down on the north side.
<Korivan> Good fight, Kraaz
* Kraaz nods to Korivan, mounts his horse, and rides off.
* Korivan looks around the space
* Korivan looks at who we have for casters
<YOAW_Narrator> There's a carved and stained ritual circle on the deck.
<YOAW_Narrator> It's not entirely what you use, but it should suffice.
* Korivan looks at Induriel
<Induriel> . o O (Interesting. I must ask about this... later)
<Korivan> We start the channel - you make sure it keeps going?
<Induriel> Very well.
* Induriel steps into a position in the circle
* Korivan looks to Vana
<Induriel> The Summer Queen may be able to exert extra influence in calming a storm... I shall call on her to complement your efforts.
<Korivan> Not calming.... just spreading
<Korivan> Its too powerful to calm
* Induriel frowns
<Induriel> If you insist.
<Induriel> Let us begin.
* Korivan lokos back to Vana
<Eyllia> Where do you need me?
* Eyllia asks Vana
* Korivan nods because thats more her department and that was what he was going to ask :V
* Korivan will position his handful of hobgoblins
<Vana> In the center, Captain. You'll be the focus here.
* Eyllia nods and moves to position
<YOAW_Narrator> (Let's get the casters to make Will checks, please.)
<Induriel> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 6 6 4 3 5 1 ] for a total of [ 25 ].
<Korivan> (If this is for the rtual I'm using my bonus doe @_@)
<YOAW_Narrator> (kk)
<Induriel> (Minus the 1 and 3 makes that 21)
<Korivan> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 6 2 2 5 4 2 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not to shabby on either)
* Induriel calls upon the forces of the feywild to absorb/disperse as much of the storm as possible
<Korivan> (not that great, but if it works then good enough, Induriel can gkeep us going :x)
<Induriel> (I helped! :) )
<YOAW_Narrator> You draw on the elemental nature of the genasi, calling to the storm.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, can I get a Will check?)
<Eyllia> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 5 4 2 ] for a total of [ 11 ].
<Korivan> (If there's any way we can help her let me know)
<Korivan> (Like if I need to step out of the riual and let INduriel take over once it gets started so I can give her some extra support)
<Induriel> (I can take it! :D )
<Induriel> (I hope...)
<YOAW_Narrator> You feel your consciousness slip the bonds of your physical body, and your senses extend into the storm. It feels a little like when you use your elemental nature, but grander, more vast, orders of magnitude more powerful. You can sense individual drops falling, feel lightning crackle in your veins and thunder reverberate through your being. If anything, it's hard to concentrate on one part at a time.
<YOAW_Narrator> To the north, you can feel the presence of the dragon, Kepeskmiiriv, drawing the storm as well, an insistent and ferocious pull.
* Eyllia will try and reach out, feel the currents, and use the flow to draw the storm away from the dragon, with just the right push and pull
<YOAW_Narrator> You start to do so, and can feel the storm weakening for a moment until the dragon seems to notice and begins to fight you. It is distracted, though, by its attackers and is unable to spend much mental effort to oppose you. Centered on it's position, the storm is beginning to calm, less a raging hurricane and more just driving rain.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heather, roll Will if you want to try to cast to aid her)
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 6 4 3 5 ] for a total of [ 22 ].
<Korivan> (19)
<Korivan> (Fortify!)
* Eyllia knows how to use motion and distraction to great effect over brute force and will try and do so in this fight as well
* Korivan can see her strugglin and will let INduriel take over the channeing and stepnup to focus on Eyllia
* Induriel slowly draws more and more of the burden off Eyllia to allow Korivan's intervention
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, you feel a bolstering presence, a whispering at the edge of your consciousness that fills you with confidence. This is not so different than a normal fight. Ebb and flow, advance and retreat; these steps are not so unfamiliar.
* Eyllia dances in the sky
<YOAW_Narrator> Induriel, you draw upon your connection to the Feywild, diverting energy to the faerie realm.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, through the storm's senses, you can see the strike from Gladius that rips apart Kepeskmirriv's right wing. The attack is answered by a savage mauling blow as she falls, robbed of the storm's power, unable to keep herself aloft.
<YOAW_Narrator> The two of them tumble through the air, crashing a few hundred feet to the earth just north of the city gate.

Laris's forces try to aid the combat, but his weapon it the only one that has any effect


<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, your soldiers have been waiting. They look to you as the dragons fall.
* Laris will have the archers attack first, holding back the infantry for a bit until we see what this thing will do.
<Laris> Aim at the blue one!
* Laris will also use his cool new bow if he can :)
<YOAW_Narrator> Your archers unleash on the fallen dragon, though the arrows seem to have little effect. You see the erinyes and another figure you don't currently recognize, swoop out of the sky to continue the attack.
<YOAW_Narrator> Where your arrows hit, you can see frost blossom on the dragon's hide, and it seems to slow.
<Kraaz> For Bane! For Hrieffen!
* Laris will keep firing then, but get his archers to stop so we don't just hit the Hrieffen
<YOAW_Narrator> You see Kraaz come riding out of the gate, followed by a group you think is the elven contingent.
<YOAW_Narrator> They will close with the dragon, the tiny figures dwarfed by the huge beast you can now see is even larger than Gladius.
* Laris will try to aim for areas that seem like they might be particularly vulnerable on the dragon, like an eye or wing or the like.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Marksmanship, and add 1 to the roll)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 1 1 3 ] for a total of [ 7 ].
<Laris> (ugh :/)
<YOAW_Narrator> You don't hit an eye, but you do hit it in its front (paw?) mid-swing and, you're pretty sure, save Kraaz's life by interrupting that attack.
<YOAW_Narrator> They fight with the dragon for a bit, the elves working together quite well, and between the lot of them, the dragon falls. The killing blow comes from Kraaz, driving his glaive through the roof of the beast's mouth as it delivers a last bite against him.

Collecting the dead and wounded - including Gladius


* Eyllia celibrates the victory by swirling around in the sky and bringing rain!
<YOAW_Narrator> The elves will come back with their dead and wounded, the erinyes disperse, and Malliel brings Kraaz back on his horse, wounded but alive.
<YOAW_Narrator> Gladius seems grounded where he is, just a bit from where Kepeskmiiriv fell.
* Laris will get healers (i.e. I guess Dianthea and Merula and co) to tend to the wounded.
* Laris will also let Dianthea know he's alive ;)
<Korivan> (hopefully we can lot kill Iosh, but I'll leave that up to Vana and co)
<YOAW_Narrator> Oh, fair question. Just a sec.
* Iosh is still alive, but seems catatonic.
<Iosh> There's nothing particularly physically wrong with him, though.
* May will start giving orders to direct the rescue and recovery efforts, probably while Temu is trying to get her to stay still.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia will, eventually, be pulled back to herself, though it's going to feel weirdly constraining for a little bit.
* Eyllia lies on the deck of the ship, feeling the rain, arms outstreched grasping at the feeling of being so much more...
* Korivan sags against the ritual stone as the adrenalin wears off
<Laris> (is someone checking on the dragon tho? I mean Gladius.)
<Laris> (just like, hey you okay bro?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Nobody has yet.)
<Laris> (then I'll get one of our healers to go out)
<Laris> (I'll go with them if they want company, or if it's Dianthea and I feel obligated ;)
* Vana is now known as Dianthea
* Dianthea will go out.
<Dianthea> (:))
* Laris will go with her
* Iosh is now known as Meghan
<Dianthea> I'm glad you're all right.
* Dianthea will say as you ride out.
<Laris> Your bow was invaluable. It was able to slow the creature, which was a great help.
<Dianthea> It's *your
* bow, Laris.
* Dianthea says with a smile.
* Laris nods to acknowledge that.
<Dianthea> But I'm glad it helped.
<YOAW_Narrator> As you close with Gladius, you can see the wounds he suffered in the battle, including the long raking gouges across his chest and stomach from Kepeskmiiriv's last strike.
* Meghan is tending him, praying and placing her hands over his wounds. They close as you watch, but you get the impression they are not fully healed.
<Laris> We came to help if we can.
* Laris says to her once she's not actively praying.
* Meghan nods.
<Meghan> I appreciate it.
<Meghan> He's hurt, but he'll live.
<Meghan> We've been through worse.
<Laris> What about you, are you well?
* Meghan shakes her head dismissively, but you can see blood dripping between the plates of her armor on her stomach.
<Dianthea> Oh!
<Dianthea> Here, let me...
<Meghan> I'm...fine...
* Meghan falters, stumbling a bit.
* Laris will help her up
<Dianthea> Hold her a moment. This will be very cold.
* Laris nods
* Dianthea lays her hand over the wound. Frost forms on Meghan's armor.
* Meghan grunts, then sighs appreciatively.
<Dianthea> Better?
* Meghan nods.
<Meghan> It'll do. Thank you.
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> Laris, keep her steady. I'll see to Gladius for now.
<Laris> Of course.

Solos

Ritual aftermath with Induriel and Korivan


<Korivan> (So this is after the end of the battle, at the close of the ritual)
<Korivan> (from what Josh said, most of the people who were involved in that are pretty wiped, though Induriel was maybe fresher than the rest of us ;p)
* Induriel slowly comes out of his ritual trance, still overwhelmed from the feeling of directing so much power between worlds
* Korivan has mostly been working directly with Eyllia to help her keep control, but still looks pretty drained and tired
<Induriel> ...
<Induriel> We have won.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> (I assume we know when the eergy dissapates and the storm itself becomes more natural ;p)
* Kindlejosh (webchat@50-24-19-35.bcstcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net) has joined #gnomeland
* Korivan looks around at al the wiped out ritualists
<Korivan> (yo)
* Induriel sounds neither exhausted nor exhilarated, but thoughtful
* Korivan looks tired, but he's at least still stading which is better than can be said for soe of the others
<Korivan> That was well done
* Korivan checks on Eyllia, who is basically passed out (I think), and then on his Booyahg peeps, and Iosh
<Induriel> Yes. The strategy of draining power off into the Feywild worked perfectly.
<Induriel> Or, as well as we could have hoped.
* Induriel realizes what Korivan is doing
<Induriel> How are they?
<Korivan> Mmm. She did most of the work... and him.
<Korivan> She rests.
* Kindlejosh (webchat@50-24-19-35.bcstcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net) Quit (Client Quit)
<Korivan> He....
* Korivan frowns
<Induriel> We all played our part. They were indeed the focus, however.
<Induriel> Is he harmed?
<Korivan> His body lives.
* Induriel comes over to see for himself.
<Korivan> They all need rest.
* Korivan says, looking pretty exhausted himself
<Induriel> The marked one may need more than that, I fear.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Rest, and more. But rest first.
* Korivan says, checking the cuts >.>
<Induriel> I'm afraid he may not recover at all. But time will tell.
<Induriel> We should take him somewhere out of this rain.
* Korivan will gesture at some Genasi onlookers to help with that
* Korivan nods, tucking sodden braids back out of his face
<Korivan> (I imagine this involves a fair amount of pointing and gesturing, and that Eyllia and Vanna get seen to first ;p I don't knwo what languages the crewfolks know ;p)
<Induriel> I hope there were not many more casualties in the main battle.
* Kindlejosh (webchat@50-24-19-35.bcstcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net) has joined #gnomeland
<Korivan> I need to find Kraaz.
<Induriel> I think we have done everything we can here. Let us return to the others.
* Korivan says, rubbing his face as the last of the sleepy ritualists are taken away for naptime
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> You can take news... to the keep
<Induriel> I shall. And you... forgive me, Gaath Korivan, but you look like you need a great deal of rest yourself.
<Korivan> I will rest after I find the Hraal.
* Korivan says, taking a deep breath and standing up taller
<Korivan> I will come by... later.
<Induriel> Very well.
<Induriel> (Did you have anything else in mind for this scene? Or should we end it here?)
* Korivan nods then, making sure he has any of his important stuff with him, and turn to go
<Korivan> (NO I think we're good, thanks :3)
<Induriel> Gaath Korivan...
* Korivan turns back
<Induriel> You said before that my Queen has no interest here.
* Induriel waits for him to respond
* Korivan frowns after a moment when he realizes you're waiting for him to respond
<Korivan> If you wish to speak fo your quee.... you can do so after I have found the Hraal.
<Induriel> I merely wish to point out that my Queen *does
* have an interest in this place.
<Induriel> And that is most fortunate.
<Induriel> Otherwise, things today might have turned out very differently.
<Korivan> ....Another time, Ambassador
* Induriel nods
* Korivan says with a tired scowl, and turns again to go
<Induriel> Very well.
<Induriel> I hope you find Hraal Kraaz safe.
<Korivan> I will find him... all else can wait.
* Korivan will go find his poor horse :x
* Induriel will return to the main keep to report and hear news of the battle.

Korivan checks up on Kraaz


<YOAW_Narrator> After making some inquiries, you'll be told "your crazy Hraal that led the charge on the dragon" was taken to the temple of the Raven Queen, and pointed to where that is nearby.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're probably the one in the best shape. That ritual wiped y'all out.)
<Korivan> (wow, that's pretty sad :V)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Probably some minor to moderate feedback injuries, and everybody pretty wiped out.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Well, you have some assistance. ;))
<Korivan> (well I'll leave them with the Genasi then)
<Korivan> (that is true)
<YOAW_Narrator> (sorry, dropped for a sec)
<Korivan> (np)
* Kraaz (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Korivan will go to the Raven's temple then and demand to see him
<YOAW_Narrator> A cowed acolyte will show you to him.
* Kraaz 's torso and right shoulder are pretty heavily bandaged, and he has a few other wounds here and there wrapped as well.
<Korivan> Kraaz...
<Kraaz> Kor? Kor, hey, it's Kor! He's here, you're here.
<Kraaz> Kor, I killed a dragon.
<Kraaz> It was glorious.
* Korivan grins
<Kraaz> You brought it down, just like you said.
<Kraaz> And then I killed it, just like I said.
<Korivan> And we both live
* Kraaz mimes an upward spear thrust.
<Kraaz> It'll take more than that to end me.
* Kraaz grins lazily.
<Korivan> Good
<Korivan> I don't think the ancestors are ready for you yet
<Kraaz> Bane didn't need me just now.
<Korivan> not today
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> Good job with the ritual.
* Kraaz pauses.
<Kraaz> You look like shit, Kor. You should lay down.
* Kraaz says without irony.
<Korivan> The tribe needs to know where we are
<Kraaz> Right, right.
<Korivan> I'll have the Imperials send word
* Kraaz tries to get up.
* Kraaz settles back down.
<Kraaz> That, that sounds good.
* Korivan will gently keep him where he is, and do a cursory check of his wounds without getting to much into it
* Korivan nods
<YOAW_Narrator> He seems adequately cared for, though you don't really know what they put on him other than the bandages.
<Korivan> (Do I think he could be safely moved, though?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Smells different than what you use, at least a little.
<YOAW_Narrator> (He should probably wait the night, get another round of healing in the morning.)
<Korivan> (okay)
* Korivan whispers a prayer to Bane to keep watch on and look after our champion as well, and then will see if he can find another Acolyte to boss around for a bit
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'm sure you can find one. What did you need?)
<Korivan> (to get someone to send a message to the hrieffen)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, that's easy enough. There are soldiers in and out. Someone will go and let them know.)
<Korivan> (I don't care who as long s I am reasonably convinced they can get the important details across, i.e. wer're both alive, this is where we are, don't send like a million people to come check on us until the morning :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're pretty sure you scare the important information into them. :))
<Korivan> (good good)
* Korivan will go back to where Kraaz is then
<Korivan> We can move you back to the camp tomorrow
* Kraaz nods sleepily.
<Kraaz> Sounds good.
<Kraaz> They gave me more potions.
<Kraaz> A lot more potions.
<Kraaz> We should get some of those potions.
<Korivan> tomorrow
<Kraaz> You should get a potion, so you can sleep, too.
<Korivan> (Is he on an actual bed or, like, on a pallet on the floor, or what)
<Korivan> I won't need one.
<Korivan> Rest, Kraaz
<YOAW_Narrator> I think they ended up putting him on a pallet on the floor. He's a big dude.
<Kraaz> Right, rest.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Besides, the Hrieffen have slept in worse conditions.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Here it's at least dry. :))
* Korivan will make sre hes relatively comfortable and then just lean back on a nearby wall
<Korivan> Bane and the ancestors can watch over us
* Kraaz nods sleepily, settling back down.
<YOAW_Narrator> You...get some...rest...
<YOAW_Narrator> (ack)
<Kraaz> You...get some...rest...
* Kraaz is snoring pretty shortly.
<YOAW_Narrator> (I imagine you're doing the same not too much later, though if you're up for a little bit, Merula will come by and offer to bring a pallet over for you.)
* Korivan will probablyl fall asleep leaning against the wall sitting beside Kraaz
<Korivan> (but I mean, he cold wake up on a pallet half snuggles with Kraaz :3)
<YOAW_Narrator> I (and I'm sure Kraaz) would be fine with that. :)

Korivan checks in at the Iron Drake


* Korivan will come back to the boat the next morning to check on folks there
* Eyllia will be in the/her cabin, looking out the window
<Eyllia> (I'm sure you can be directed in)
<Korivan> Captain Eyllia...
* Eyllia turns back to face you
<Eyllia> Korivan?
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> I came for my people...and the kobold
<Korivan> it is good to see you are rested
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> That was a night, that's for sure
* Korivan still looks a little tired, but not shattered
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> YOu did well
* Eyllia is not carrying herself as tired, just more restrained than usual
<Eyllia> It seems everyone did well, as you say
* Zari (Mibbit@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<Korivan> Kraaz killed the dragon...
<Eyllia> I saw
<Eyllia> I saw quite a bit
* Korivan nods
* Eyllia closes her eyes
<Eyllia> He was injured? Is it serious?
* Eyllia opens her eyes again
<Korivan> He recovers.
<Eyllia> thats good
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> And you?
<Eyllia> Me?
<Eyllia> Oh, I'm fine... just trying to put everything together in my head
<Korivan> YOu channellled.... rode... very strong magic
* Korivan nods
* Korivan will try and assess if he things her eneries are off in any noticable way but he doens't really have a good asis for comparison
<Eyllia> I was the storm... I danced in the sky. Lightning was my blood, rain my touch!
* Eyllia gets excited thinking back on it
* Curtana_phone (~Curtana_p@2001:1970:5dab:1100:614b:b3c8:d2d7:2c5d) has joined #gnomeland
* Eyllia stands spreading her arms and gracefully spins
<Eyllia> Oh the ebb and flow
* Eyllia lines glow
<Korivan> That magic is.... part of you. YOur ties to your element are strong
* Eyllia pulls her arms in to hug herself and stops her spin
<Eyllia> Yep, still here
<Eyllia> Being a storm is not something I expect to happen very often, magic part of me or not
<Korivan> no.
<Korivan> it is only a part
<Korivan> It wuld be easy....to lose the rest
* Eyllia tilts her head
<Eyllia> Is that concern for me, or just stating a truth?
* Korivan considers
<Korivan> It is a truth... offered from....respect.
<Korivan> Or concern.
<Eyllia> I see
* Eyllia gives a sly smile
<Eyllia> I am rude, I should offer you a drink
* Eyllia glides over to a standing chest
<Eyllia> would you? A drink?
* Korivan nods
<Eyllia> Sit, please
* Eyllia guestures to a stool... there are not much for seats in the cabin even as nice as this one
* Korivan will sit somewhere that looks relatively sturdy
<Korivan> (That'll do)
<Eyllia> I really need Graham to find some wine...(she shuffles through some flasks in the chest)... as this is likely best after such a night
* Eyllia emerges with to metal cups with a dark liquid in them
* Eyllia hands one to Korivan
<Eyllia> not normally a morning drink
* Eyllia takes a sip from the cup, letting the aged fire rum wash over her
* Korivan sniffs it and will taste it
<Korivan> what is it?
* Korivan says, taking a more confident drink
<Eyllia> (it has a smooth caramel flavour with a strong spice to it, aged so it goes down smooth)
<Eyllia> Fire rum... not sure how old... but definitely not a fresh barrel
* Eyllia takes another sip
<Korivan> It's good
<Korivan> Where is it from?
<Eyllia> it stores at sea well, hence why we carry it. This one is distilled at Hearthstone.
<Eyllia> I prefer wine, but its been a rarity
<Eyllia> at least for us
<Korivan> The city has good wines, sometimes.... from Thantopolis
<Korivan> Where is Hearthstone?
* Eyllia points out to sea to the northwest
<Eyllia> That way last time I checked
<Korivan> An Island?
* Eyllia finishes her cup
* Korivan also
<Eyllia> more?
* Korivan nods and offers the cup
* Eyllia will take the cup and refill them at the standing chest
<Eyllia> you would call it an island, yeah
<Eyllia> do your people do much sailing?
* Korivan shakes his head
<Korivan> We ride.
<Korivan> horses.
<Korivan> Did you see Kraaz?
* Eyllia returns with full cups
<Eyllia> I did
<Korivan> Like that.
<Korivan> Not ships
* Korivan seems more relaxed, and takes another generous drink
<Eyllia> I rained on everyone in celebration after the fight... I'm not sure it was appreciated
* Eyllia giggles
* Korivan grins
<Korivan> We will have anoher celebration soon
<Korivan> YOur people will need to come.
* Korivan lifts his glass
<Korivan> Bring some of this, maybe?
<Eyllia> of the great dragon defeat?
* Eyllia will lift her cup with him
<Korivan> Yes.... to our victory
<Eyllia> no singing, dancing, and drinking will go on there, I bet
* Korivan grins again
<Korivan> No feating, or fighting, or games, or fucking
<Eyllia> I can tell I am right, just by that smile
<Korivan> Mm, yes.
<Korivan> We wil show you... a good time @_@
<Eyllia> that sounds a little... mundane for my tastes, but I do have a diplomatic roll to play here, so I suppose I could be forced to attend
* Korivan looks concered for a moment
<Korivan> ...Good
* Eyllia giggles at Korivan's look
* Eyllia finishes her drink
<Eyllia> I've probably kept you long enough, prattling on
<Korivan> The booyagh can us the rets.... but I should see them.
<Korivan> (rest)
* Korivan will finish is second glass of firerum
<Korivan> We will return your hospitality...soon.
* Eyllia will take his cup
<Korivan> ONce Kraaz can appreciate it.
<Eyllia> until then
* Korivan nods, standing maybe a little too fast and catching his balance on one of the ceiling beams
<Korivan> UNtil then, Captian Eyllia
* Eyllia glides to the chest and sets the cups down and will walk Korivan to the door
<Eyllia> I'll see if we have a barrel of rum or two to bring as gifts for the celebration.
<Korivan> Yes, good...
* Korivan will go collect his peeps, and probably check in on Vana as well

Korivan takes Iosh to the temple of the Raven Queen


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, you should be able to get Iosh transported to the Raven Queen temple easily enough. It's not quite as crowded as you might have guessed it would be. Presumably, some of the wounded are being cared for at other shrines and the Asmodeus temple.
<YOAW_Narrator> At the very least, Dianthea and Merula should be about.
<Korivan> (That is where Kraaz was though, right?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It was, yes)
* Korivan will have hijm brought either by his Booyagh peeps if they're recovered enough for it, and if not will see if he can borrow some Genasi
<YOAW_Narrator> (What Booyagh did you bring? More experienced folks, whoever was nearby, etc?)
<Korivan> (Somewhere in the middle - the best ritualists I could grab quickly. I was assuming it was only like maybe 3 people)
<Korivan> (it's only a small ship :x)
<Korivan> (Might not have had time to grab the very best, but would have avoided peopel who didn't have an aptitide for it)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Right. I think they'll be recovered enough to help get Iosh get there okay. He's big for a kobold, but that's not saying much.)
<Korivan> (good good)
* Korivan will take his posse up to the temple, then
* Merula will come to meet you when she is informed that you're there.
<Merula> Gaath Korivan?
<Korivan> (Do I know who she is?)
<Korivan> Yes... Are you the keeper of this temple?
<Merula> Among others, yes. I am Fata Merula.
* Korivan speaks Turathi, presumably :p
* Merula will respond in accented Goblin.
<Merula> Who is this you've brought to us?
* Korivan can switch to goblin then!
<Korivan> This is Ioah.... he came wiwh Gladius.
<Merula> Ah, one of the dragon's kobolds.
* Korivan nods.
<Korivan> His spirit was bonded to the dead dragon Kepeskmirriv
* Merula will look over Iosh, then turn her head to give Korivan a quizzical look.
<Merula> Bonded how?
<Korivan> Dragon magic.... there wasn't enough time to examine it closely
* Merula nods.
<Merula> We'll keep him comfortable and well, but it will take some time suss out what ails him exactly.
<Korivan> It was enough to use it.... to draw her power.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Good.
<Merula> May I examine him more closely?
* Korivan nods
* Merula will move closer, kneeling by Iosh (who is presumably on a cot or pallet).
<Korivan> His spirit was drawn too far out... she called it with her when she died. I think.
* Merula moves her hands through the air around Iosh in a strange pattern, chanting quietly to herself. You can readily sense her magic at work, but it is a quiet, gentle feeling, different certainly from your own.
<Korivan> If we give him some of her power.... we might call it back.
* Korivan will not speak over her chanting, that's rude >.>
<Merula> That's possible. You are correct. His fate is tied to hers, and, when she passed into shadow, she drew much of him with her.
<Merula> I will attempt to intercede on his behalf with my Queen, and sever the dragon's tie.
* Korivan nods
<Merula> I've never quite seen something like this.
<Korivan> hmm...
<Merula> This enmeshing, it's not usually possible without a deep connection. Do you know anything of his relationship to the dragon?
<Korivan> They were her slaves...until Gladius came
<Korivan> (well I'm extrapolating a bit from twhat K heard, but close enough)
<Merula> Hmm.
<Merula> I would have thought this only possible on a voluntary basis.
<Merula> If they were slaves...
<Merula> It bears looking into.
<Merula> But I think perhaps this is not yet his time.
<Korivan> People can volunteer.... for many things
<Merula> Question may be answered when and if he is well.
* Merula nods.
<Merula> You're not wrong.
<Merula> But this is...
<Korivan> What do you see?
<Merula> I've only seen it in families. Siblings that have grown up together, lovers that have been together for years.
<Merula> It's a twining of fates, and stronger, really, than any I've seen.
<Merula> I didn't think it was possible with an, ah, seemingly antagonistic connection.
<Korivan> Relationships change.
* Korivan says with a frown, thinking of anir'Valex
* Korivan looks at Iosh more carefully himself, trying to understand what she sees here
<Merula> I suppose that's true.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Awareness)
<Lan_phone> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Lan_phone: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 2 2 4 2 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Korivan> (12)
<YOAW_Narrator> It's not exactly your specialty, but you can see, essentially, that his spirit, what's currently left of it, is not solely his own. It is...woven, like a braid, with several others, one of which seems to be actively fraying the rest.
<Korivan> (That doens't bde well for the other kobolds :x)
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> Hmm.
<Merula> He's certainly in danger, but I believe he can be helped.
<Korivan> Yes...
* Korivan still stands by his theory, which is that a little heart heating probably goes a long way, especially for dragon hearts
<Merula> We'll take good care of him, I promise.
<Korivan> We will send word to his people.... or try.
* Merula nods.
* Korivan nods more confidently at that
* Korivan isn't sure about the language barrier, but we can figure it out...probably.
<Korivan> Yes... and the Hrieffen will remember the aid your people gave our Hraal.
<Merula> Your Hraal should be able to leave soon, I think. He seemed insistent on having Booyahg caretakers.
<Merula> I understanding wanting to be among your own, but I also tried to assure him he was getting the best of care here.
<Korivan> Is he awake?
<Merula> Now and then. We've tried to keep him sleeping, to aid his healing.
<Merula> Even with the blessings of the gods, his injuries were severe.
<Merula> Luckily, Dominus Corvis had us prepare.
<Merula> Well, 'luck' is something of a fiction for us.
* Merula actually winks.
<Merula> Not the dragon we prepared for, but we were prepared either way.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> (Do I know if there are any other hobgoblins here?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (No Hrieffen, though maybe an anir'Hrieffen slave or two, or some from further afield.)
<Korivan> (well they certainly don't count)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Right :p)
* Curtana_phone (~Curtana_p@2001:1970:5dab:1100:5133:ba96:5af0:a23b) has joined #gnomeland
<Korivan> I woudl have thought someone would have come...
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> If you allow two of us to stay, we can watch the Hraal, and help with Iosh.
<Merula> That would be fine. Do we need to send another runner to your people?
* Korivan shakes his head.
<Korivan> One of us will go.
<Merula> As you wish. If you need anything else, let someone know, and they can get it for you.
<Merula> As for me, I have others to attend.
<Merula> It was nice meeting you, Gaath, despite the circumstances.
* Merula will nod politely and take her leave.
* Korivan nods in return
* Korivan will go che k on Kraaz again with his peeps and make sure they're not doing anything dumb like healing im in a way that will get rid of his heard earned dragon-fighting scars
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh, fair. I don't think they will be. Most of them are SK; they understand scars. :)
<Korivan> (Well good >.>)
* Korivan will leave two of his peeps there and one back to the camp to a: let people know what's up, b: see if anyone can get anything out of the kobolds that's of any use without riling them up too much c: send Halgalaz to get me if there's any trouble or any news
* Korivan is going to go up to the keep :x

May offers Laris an official position


<@May> May will send a message to Laris sometime the day after the battle to come see her when it's convenient.
* Laris will make his way to the meeting, then.
<Laris> Domina, you wished to speak with me?
<@May> Yes, thanks for coming
<@May> I hear you had a pretty eventful night.
<Laris> It was more eventful than I would have preferred, yes.
<Laris> How are you recovering after yesterday's troubles?
<@May> I'm fine. The summoning ritual took more out of me than I expected but I'm fine now. How are the recovery efforts going?
<Laris> The wounded are being tended to by healers, and I've ordered repairs to begin on the structures that were damaged in the attack.
<@May> Good, good...
<Laris> I can also report that Hraal Kraaz and Gaath Korivan are recovering at the temple.
<Laris> or at least, were when last I saw them.
<@May> Oh? I would have thought they would prefer to be back at their camp.
<@May> Were they injured?
<Laris> The Hraal's injuries were quite severe, and he needed healing. Gaath Korivan preferred to remain with him. I believe they thought he should be well enough to be moved today.
* @May nods
<@May> I heard reports from Kadanu that you were seen personally firing arrows at the dragon. That was very brave of you. Especially to protect a city you're not technically custodian of any more.
<Laris> My bow seemed to have more of an effect on it than other weapons. And in such events, it is necessary for all to participate however they can in the defense of the city.
<@May> I was wondering if you might be interested in having a more... official... stake in the city.
<Laris> What do you mean?
<@May> Well, I was speaking with Induriel the other day and he noted that you're not technically under my employment. He made a good point. I know you have a lot of influence in the city and your loyal to her, but I thought we might be able to get you some sort of official title to go along with that.
* Laris considers that for a moment
<Laris> What would this entail?
<@May> Not much more than you're doing now, probably. I was considering naming you Lugal, which is essentially a Turathi warlord. The Hrieffen would probably call it a Hraal to my Gaath. You might have some additional oversight on our troops. Kadanu would report to you as well as to me. I would expect it would help our forces to work together more effectively.
<@May> If you prefer a lesser title, that could be arranged, but I think it's the most fitting.
* Laris nods
<@May> I want you to know I appreciate you staying, and all you've done for the city so far. I want to make sure that is rewarded.
<Laris> I feel it would be appropriate, as a position. And it would make it more straightforward to coordinate our forces in battle or in defense of the city.
* @May nods.
<@May> Good.
<Laris> But before I could accept, I would need to speak with my betrothed. It has implications for her as well, if I am to remain here longer.
<@May> Of course. Take your time. Let me know if there's any issue.
<Laris> I haven't even had a chance to show her my villa yet... I don't know if she will wish to live here more permanently.
<@May> hah
<@May> Well, I hope she does. She seems nice.
<@May> :)
<@May> Oh, and tell her to stop by some time. I promised her a tour of the library.
<Laris> I will convey your invitation. I think she may need some time to recover after the stresses of the past few days, but perhaps a visit to the library would be calming.
<@May> Of course.
<@May> Well, it's an open invitation
<Laris> She was of great assistance during the battle, particularly afterwards with healing the injured.
<@May> Good, I'll have to thank her for that.
<@May> She seems very... warm hearted.
* Laris smiles slightly at that.
<Laris> I think she is managing to fit in well here.
<@May> Good.
<Laris> Even if this is not how I would have preferred to introduce her to the city.
<@May> Well, it was pretty exciting, at least!
<@May> Also terrifying.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Was there anything further you wished to speak about?
<@May> Well...
<@May> Yeah, one more thing...
* Laris nods, listening
<@May> This is totally off the record, but... fair warning, you might want to keep an eye on Induriel. I think he's kind of got it out for you a little. He tried to get me to "Correct" you for suggesting that the elves should attend the conference with Gladius.
<Laris> Hm. May I explain further about the context of that statement?
<@May> Oh, don't worry, I don't think you did anything out of line. I just wanted you to know.
* Laris nods
<@May> He just has an easily bruised ego.
<@May> Trust me, I was his student for like eight years. I should know.
<Laris> I have concerns about the degree to which he has inserted himself into the affairs of government here. I understand that you have a prior relationship with him, and that you trust him as a teacher. I only wish to advise that, here, he is not acting as your teacher. He is here as the representative of a foreign power, and his motives are aimed to serve them
* @May nods.
<@May> I'm aware.
<Laris> Very well.
<@May> But thanks.
* @May smiles
<Laris> I don't mean to suggest we should not accept his assistance, or further develop our alliance with his people if it benefits us, but we should be wary of his efforts to undercut other similar emissaries who may also have a great deal to offer Nesu Abamatu.
* Laris inclines his head politely.
<Laris> I will be watchful, and I trust you will be as well.
<@May> Ugh. Don't I know it. He's been fighting me about this elf situation every step of the way. I have to constantly remind him he's an emissary.
* Laris nods
<@May> Anyway, I shouldn't keep you from your duties any longer than I already have.
<Laris> Meeting with you is certainly one of my duties. It is no trouble, Domina. I will speak with you again soon, I'm sure. The Hrieffen and our troops deserve to celebrate this victory, so I suspect there will be plans for another party in the near future.
<@May> Hah! That should be a good time. It's not every day we beat a dragon.
<Laris> Hopefully not.
* @May laughs
<@May> Well, I hope I'll see you there. And give my regards to Dianthea.
<@May> :)
<Laris> I will do so. Good day.

Laris checks in with Saḫḫiru regarding May's offer


* Laris will track down Sahhiru sometime after talking to May, maybe later that evening?
* Sahhiru is presumably coordinating repair efforts, mostly accounting.
* Kennesaw is now known as YOAW_Narrator
* Laris clears his throat slightly to get his attention
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'm imagining him with an abacus and a slate)
<Sahhiru> Hmm?
<Sahhiru> Oh, Laris, hello.
<Sahhiru> Please have a seat.
<Sahhiru> Or did you need something?
* Laris will come have a seat
<Laris> no, nothing right now. I think efforts are under control in the city, although we'll need some additional building materials.
<Laris> I just hadn't had a chance to see you alone since... everything.
<Sahhiru> Yes, it's been quite hectic.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> I'm glad you're safe.
<Laris> if it's a bad time, I can come back...
<Sahhiru> No, not at all.
* Sahhiru puts down his slate.
<Laris> I'm glad you're safe as well.
* Laris feels a bit awkward, but will put his hand out for Sahhiru's.
* Sahhiru will reach over to take your hand.
<Sahhiru> Are you all right?
<Laris> it's just been a lot to deal with in the past few days. I'm all right, but tired.
<Sahhiru> As are we all. Have you had a chance to rest?
<Laris> mmm... a little.
* Laris probably caught a few hours of rest the previous night?
<Sahhiru> Knowing you, I'm sure not enough.
<Sahhiru> You do have quarters here in the keep still. As do I...
* Laris smiles slightly
<Laris> It's true.
<Laris> Last night it was easiest to rest at the temple, but a proper bed would be more comfortable.
<Sahhiru> That can be arranged.
* Sahhiru smiles invitingly.
* Laris nods
<Laris> May spoke to me earlier this morning - she wanted to make me an offer.
<Sahhiru> Oh?
<Laris> A more formal position here. A title, and more official authority over the troops.
* Sahhiru smiles.
<Sahhiru> She hadn't told me yet, but that's splendid. Assuming you want the position.
<Laris> I think it would be beneficial. It would make it more straightforward to handle military matters where we need to coordinate both House Lalu's forces and my own.
<Laris> ... but I need to speak to Dianthea about it first. It wouldn't be fair to her to make such a decision without her input, as it would affect her future plans as well.
* Sahhiru nods seriously.
<Sahhiru> Of course.
<Sahhiru> I would hope her presence here, and the additional troops, reflects your family and your Senate's approval of your continued work in the city.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> And, of course, I'd be happy on a personal level if you decided to stay.
<Laris> I think so, but nevertheless, it is a long way from home for her.
<Laris> I know that May would say I can always leave the position if it doesn't suit me, or her. but I don't want to cause upheaval and confusion by taking an office and then leaving it shortly after.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> Even a short tenure in such a position would create a precedent for future cooperation.
<Sahhiru> Nesu Abamatu, if we are honest with ourselves, can only exist and thrive as a collaborative effort.
<Laris> I'd be asking her to choose this place as our home for the foreseeable future. It could mean not seeing her family for a long time... it could mean raising children here, if it comes to that >.> It's a lot to ask of her.
<Sahhiru> And on such short notice.
<Sahhiru> I understand.
<Laris> Yes. We told one another we could take time to decide on our future plans and on how we felt about one another, but then this comes up...
* Laris shrugs slightly
<Sahhiru> I don't think it's a decision that needs to be made immediately.
<Laris> All I can do is give her the choice.
<Sahhiru> I'm sure the voyage wasn't made lightly, so Fata Dianthea surely means to stay at least a while.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> Tell her the situation, listen to her, take some time to come to a decision together.
* Laris nods
* Sahhiru smiles.
<Laris> I'm sorry - I didn't mean to put these problems on your desk.
<Sahhiru> It's largely what I'm here for, advice and support.
<Sahhiru> On both a professional and personal level.
* Sahhiru will stand and walk around his desk/table to stand behind you.
<Laris> I ought to be able to handle things myself >.>
<Sahhiru> Everyone needs help. Recall what I just said about collaborative effort.
* Sahhiru will put his hands on your shoulders.
<Sahhiru> Is this all right?
<Laris> yes
* Laris leans back against Sahhiru
* Laris is very tense :p
* Sahhiru will start massaging your shoulders and neck.
<Sahhiru> I know you've been without...personal support here for some time.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I don't know what to do with myself, I suppose, now that's not the case. Now I have perhaps more than I can handle.
* Laris says, with a slight smile
<Sahhiru> A terrible predicament, I'm sure.
<Laris> I worry that I'll be spread too thin... that there won't be enough of me to go around. Maybe it's foolish. But I don't want to be unfair to ... to anyone who cares for me.
* Sahhiru (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Sahhiru (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Sahhiru> Would you prefer to suspend our...interactions for the time being?
* Laris hesitates at that
<Laris> no
* Laris says quietly
* Sahhiru will lean forward to kiss the top of Laris's head at that.
<Sahhiru> I appreciate that, but, I promise, I don't want to ask more of you than you have to give.
<Sahhiru> That's...not what this is.
<Laris> what is it?
* Sahhiru hesitates himself.
* Disconnected
* Attempting to rejoin channel #gnomeland
* Rejoined channel #gnomeland
* Topic is 'Lalu Land, starring Ryan Gosling'
* Set by Laris!~Curtana_n@d24-57-147-225.home.cgocable.net on Sun Aug 19 12:48:18 2018
* ChanServ sets mode: +o Korivan
<Sahhiru> Surely I am not solely physically appealing.
<Laris> no... not solely that.
* Sahhiru will move to lean against his table so that he's looking at Laris.
* Laris is bad at eye contact when trying to talk about things like this
* Sahhiru will lean forward to kiss Laris on the forehead.
<Sahhiru> You do not have to speak if you do not want to.
<Laris> You were the first person in... so long. who showed me that I could still have these kinds of feelings. I know I am not good at ... any of this. I wish that it was easier for me.
* Laris manages to get out
<Sahhiru> I wish that it were easier *for you*, but would not say it has been difficult.
<Sahhiru> Merely worth the effort.
* Laris looks up at him
<Laris> can I divert you tonight, then? if that is what you want.
* Sahhiru smiles reaches up to cup Laris's face.
* Sahhiru will lean close.
<Sahhiru> How can I resist?
* Sahhiru will kiss Laris deeply.

  • B O N E


* Laris is fairly quiet afterwards, but that's not too unusual
* Sahhiru seems like he wants to say something, but so far isn't, which is unusual for him.
<Sahhiru> Laris...
<Laris> yes?
<Sahhiru> I don't want to hurt you.
<Laris> ...all right...
<Sahhiru> Or cause you to be hurt, or...
<Sahhiru> Ah.
* Sahhiru sighs.
* Laris is a bit unsure what to say to that
<Sahhiru> I worry that I can't give you what you want.
<Sahhiru> And that we'll end up asking more of each other than we can give, but that we'll hurt ourselves trying because we...care for each other.
* Sahhiru will adjust so he can look Laris in the eyes.
<Sahhiru> I have responsibilities, and I don't know that I can afford to love you, however much I may...
* Sahhiru looks away.
* Laris tries to hold eye contact but is bad at it when he's emotional
<Sahhiru> I think we may be in an arena in which I have little experience.
<Laris> I... couldn't do this with you if I didn't already care for you.
<Sahhiru> I could...but I don't think that's the case.
<Sahhiru> And that is...concerning.
<Sahhiru> I'm not sure how to do...this, when it means more.
<Laris> you asked me before if I wanted to stop. but do you want to stop?
<Sahhiru> Yes. But I don't want to want to stop.
<Sahhiru> I'm not making sense. >.>
<Sahhiru> I want to be with you, more than physically, and that is alien to me, so my instinct to run, but I don't *actually
* want to.
<Laris> I am probably not the right person to try and explain your feelings - I have a hard enough time with my own :/
<Sahhiru> (instinct *is
* to run, rather)
* Laris says ruefully
<Sahhiru> Don't we make quite the pair, then?
* Sahhiru makes a half-hearted attempt at levity.
<Laris> If you want to stop I ... wouldn't hold it against you. I would still work with you... be ... useful. I would miss this very much, though.
<Sahhiru> I don't want to stop. But I think I'll need...your patience, I guess.
<Sahhiru> That is, if you think it worth the effort. I, too, would not hold it against you if you wish to stop.
<Laris> There is so much right now that's up in the air. I can't say what will happen. I just know that... if I have learned anything, it's that people we love can be taken away at any time. I don't want to waste whatever time we have.
* Sahhiru will lean in to kiss Laris, then just hold him until they fall asleep (assuming he's down with that)
* Laris will sleep eventually

Laris has another boyfriend now! It's Rufus.


<YOAW_Narrator> You can find him probably in a guest room (possibly converted into one, with all the visitors lately) closest to the barracks.
* Laris knocks lightly at the door
<Rufus_Metillius> If it's not an emergency, I'd prefer you go away.
* Rufus_Metillius calls from inside.
<Laris> Ah... it's not, I just wanted to see how you are.
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh!
* Rufus_Metillius will open the door a moment later.
<Rufus_Metillius> Laris, sorry, I thought you were one of my subordinates.
<Rufus_Metillius> A lot of them are kind of green.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> Good kids, but...ah, not an issue for the moment. Come in.
<Laris> I understand.
* Rufus_Metillius 's room is fairly spartan for the moment, with only a bed, table, chair, and a trunk.
* Laris steps inside
<Laris> I'm sorry I didn't come see you earlier. It's been... hectic.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
<Rufus_Metillius> You've been busy. Not a problem.
<Rufus_Metillius> Please, sit.
* Rufus_Metillius gestures to his one chair.
* Laris accepts the offer of the chair
<Rufus_Metillius> Everything all right?
* Rufus_Metillius will go to sit on the edge of the bed.
<Laris> For some values of all right, I suppose, yes?
<Rufus_Metillius> That's fair, I suppose. I'm sure no one is completely all right at the moment.
<Laris> We aren't currently under attack or threat of attack so I suppose that's an improvement.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> So, what are the other values?
<Laris> Rebuilding efforts... what to do with the newcomers...
* Laris sort of shrugs
<Rufus_Metillius> That's all?
* Rufus_Metillius narrows his eyes a little.
<Laris> oh... no, certainly not. I just didn't want to jump into burdening you with my problems, when you've barely had a chance to rest since you got here.
* Laris says with a self-deprecating smile
<Laris> How was working with Nakhtmin?
<Rufus_Metillius> They're...interesting.
* Rufus_Metillius chuckles a little.
<Rufus_Metillius> Good at what they do, certainly, but kind of...
* Laris nods
* Rufus_Metillius raises his hands and waggles his fingers while opening his eyes wide.
<Rufus_Metillius> You know how some practitioners are.
<Laris> woo-woo?
<Rufus_Metillius> Yeah.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles at that.
<Rufus_Metillius> Lot of extraneous chanting, waaay more incense than necessary, that sort of thing.
<Rufus_Metillius> I get the impression the Art isn't big with their people.
<Rufus_Metillius> So I imagine they learned in fits and starts.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> Amazing they're as good as they are.
<Laris> I honestly don't know a whole lot about their background, other than they left their homeland under somewhat dubious circumstances.
<Rufus_Metillius> Sorry, don't want to bore you. Inevitable evaluation of a fellow professional.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> Not unusual outside of the eternal city, eg?
<Laris> I think as you say, necromancy isn't well-loved among them.
<Rufus_Metillius> (eh, rather)
* Laris nods
<Laris> It's not boring, it's good to get a second impression of some of the people I've surrounded myself with here.
<Laris> I fear that in some cases, it's been a matter of taking what I can get, and so sometimes I second-guess myself.
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh?
<Rufus_Metillius> Second thoughts about someone in particular?
* Rufus_Metillius will raise an eyebrow.
<Laris> no...
* Laris says in a way that Rufus will probably find totally unconvincing
<Rufus_Metillius> You don't have to talk about it, but I am in sort of a unique position to understand your...romantic life.
<Rufus_Metillius> Also, you came here, with everything else that probably needs doing right now.
<Rufus_Metillius> What's going on?
<Laris> >.>
<Laris> I should have brought that bottle of wine to share
<Rufus_Metillius> We've got plenty of time.
<Rufus_Metillius> I mean, other chances to drink it.
<Rufus_Metillius> Right now, I don't really know everything that needs to be done.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> I sicced my people on cleanup, and I'm getting some much-needed rest.
<Laris> I'm sorry that you wound up doing so much work for little cause... infantry don't deal well with dragons. but as you say, it's helpful to have them for clean-up.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, I mean, they can function as passable archers. They arch.
* Laris smiles at that
<Rufus_Metillius> But, yes, they seem mostly to be adding to your labor details for the moment.
<Rufus_Metillius> At least undead troops don't complain about that.
<Laris> it's true
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, mine don't.
<Laris> maybe in a few days, if nothing else explodes, I can take you and Dianthea out to see my villa here. It's much more peaceful.
<Rufus_Metillius> I can only hope.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
<Rufus_Metillius> That'd be nice.
<Rufus_Metillius> ...Are you ready for that?
<Laris> well, Calkas will have it ready.
<Rufus_Metillius> That's not what I meant.
<Laris> >.>
<Laris> am I ready to have her in my house? yes.
<Laris> is there more than that for me to be ready for, at this point?
<Rufus_Metillius> Answer me this: for the time that have lived here, since you built the villa, have you spent more time here in the keep, or out there?
* Laris weighs that
<Laris> I spent any free time I have out there. Sometimes there's more free time than others.
<Rufus_Metillius> But I'd bet the majority of your time was spent here.
* Laris nods grudgingly
<Laris> Until Domina Mamitu arrived, there were probably entire months when I barely slept there at all.
<Rufus_Metillius> And how many people have you had out to the villa over the years?
<Laris> ah... I could probably count them on one hand.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> I thought that might be the case.
<Rufus_Metillius> I know you, Laris, as well as anyone. A leisure home isn't your sort of thing. You built a space deliberately away from your charges, whether you consciously meant to or not.
<Laris> It's my... retreat. I needed a place for myself.
<Rufus_Metillius> And that's good, you should have that.
<Rufus_Metillius> But now, here comes Dianthea and me.
<Rufus_Metillius> Are you sure you're ready to let us into your space?
<Laris> Rufus... I'm more scared that if I let you in, I'll never want you to leave.
* Laris admits quietly.
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh, my dear Laris.
* Rufus_Metillius will rise and come over to give Laris a hug if he'll let him.
* Laris lets him
<Laris> I didn't even build it for an entire year. because I thought I might still get to leave. to see you again.
* Laris says, probably muffled a bit against Rufus' shoulder.
<Rufus_Metillius> I missed you so.
<Rufus_Metillius> I even thought about leaving my post, coming here...
<Rufus_Metillius> But I don't think either of us could do that.
* Laris nods
* Rufus_Metillius will let go, but remain near.
* Laris looks like he's searching for the right words
<Laris> I didn't want to assume you would still feel the same.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, you've never been great at reading people.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
<Laris> No. but things can change a lot in ten years...
<Rufus_Metillius> And some things never do.
* Laris smiles at that
<Rufus_Metillius> I told Dianthea she should let you know I was coming.
<Laris> she thought it would be a nice surprise.
<Rufus_Metillius> I hope it's at least nice, but I know you hate surprises.
<Laris> it was nice. I was too anxious over your ship being late to worry about it very much.
<Rufus_Metillius> So our trials had some good outcomes, at least.
* Rufus_Metillius sighs.
<Laris> yes, very helpful of you.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm sorry, I know this is all so complicated.
<Laris> it is... but not so much so that we can't find our way through it, I hope.
<Laris> I want to give Dianthea what she wants. I want to try to be a good husband for her. We both agreed we can take time to work things out.
* Laris thinks for a moment about what he wants to say next.
<Laris> Sahhiru is... not inclined to commitment. I am a diversion for him. I don't know if I am anything more. He certainly has no objection to me pursuing other relationships.
* Rufus_Metillius frowns at that.
<Rufus_Metillius> Second thoughts?
<Laris> Perhaps just that I should not expect more from him.
<Laris> I don't know.
* Rufus_Metillius will take Laris's hand.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, I'm here, and I'm *here*.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'll help you however I can.
<Laris> I don't want you to think I'm ... ah.. taking advantage. ... all right, that sounds ridiculous when I say it aloud.
* Rufus_Metillius laughs at that.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm not sure you're capable of that. It took you years to 'take advantage' of me.
* Laris smiles at that
<Laris> I can only stop or gallop - I don't have the option of a walk, I don't think.
<Rufus_Metillius> So, with Sahhiru, you...
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh Laris.
<Rufus_Metillius> My poor heart.
* Rufus_Metillius gives Laris's hand a squeeze.
* Laris squeezes back
<Laris> I mean with you too, though.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> I know.
<Rufus_Metillius> If you'd prefer not to...gallop, I would understand.
* Rufus_Metillius looks genuinely unsure/fragile for the first time in this conversation.
<Laris> no... I want to. I've spent ten years alone in the wilderness. If fate has decided to suddenly bring my treasure here, at the same time as she gives me other opportunities, who am I to refuse that bounty?
* Rufus_Metillius smiles and leans in to kiss Laris.
* Laris kisses back
<Laris> Maybe it will be a disaster. But if so, I'm accustomed to dealing with disasters :)

Korivan reports to May about Iosh


* Korivan will go up to the keep after he takes Iosh to the templs and leaves some Booyagh to look after Kraaz
* Korivan at least knows where he can proooobably find May, and will check the library
* Malqatar is now known as May
* May will probably be in or around that area.
* May will look happy to see you.
<May> Korivan! Are you okay?
<Korivan> Yes.
* Korivan looks a little tired maybe, but uninjured
* May will make sure no one is around and then give you a hug.
<May> You have such a way with words. Do you know that?
* Korivan is somewhat surprised, but will hug her back
<Korivan> Hmm
<May> I'm sorry about the ritual. I tried to go but... I guess things worked out, though.
<Korivan> Yes.... YOur duties kept you?
<May> My constitution, more like. The summoning took more out of me than I thought. I almost collapsed.
* Korivan nods, but looks concerned.
<Korivan> You are rested now?
<May> Yes, although I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.
<May> How are you? I heard the ritual took a lot out of all of you?
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Yes... Captain Eyllia is recovered.
<May> Good. What about the kobold?
<Korivan> The others in the ritual as well.... except Iosh.
* Korivan frowns
* May frowns too
<Korivan> His spirits was tied to the dragon.
<May> Is he... dead?
<Korivan> No.
<Korivan> But.... his spirit is...withdrawn.
<Korivan> Their connection is.... damaging.
<May> I see. I'll have my best ritualists start working on him as soon as possible. We owe him a great deal.
<Korivan> I left him with.... Fate Merula.
* May nods
<May> And Kraaz?
<Korivan> Yes, and with my own people to watch him.
<May> How is he?
<Korivan> He will have good scars @_@
<May> Hah
<May> Well, I'm sure hes happy then
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> We will bring him back to the camp soon.
<Korivan> And when he is more recovered, we will clebrate
* Korivan grins
<May> I guess that's next on the agenda, huh?
* May smiles too
<May> Along with getting rid of a colossal dragon corpse.
<Korivan> No.... next is Kepeskmirriv.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> The power in her death may help Iosh.
<May> You think we can channel it somehow?
<Korivan> (Kepeskmiiriv, my bad)
<Korivan> Yes. Part of her spirit will be attached ot her heart... or other parts
<May> Did the ancestors tell you this?
<Korivan> That is just... how it is
<Korivan> Their bond may make it different
<May> Huh. Good to know.
* Korivan shrugs
<May> Ok, when do we start?
<Korivan> ...tomorrow?
* Korivan does still look pretty tired :x
* May nods.
<Korivan> GLadius may have.... things to say @_@
<May> I'll talk to Temu and get things ready.
<Korivan> good.
<May> You should probably rest more. You look exhausted still.
* Korivan nods
<May> I would offer to help but... I don't think that's the kind of rest you need right now.
<Korivan> No?
* May laughs
* Kindlejosh (webchat@50-24-19-35.bcstcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<May> Save it for the party, killer.
<Korivan> It could be.
<May> Get some real sleep
* Korivan 's brows furrow sightly when you call him killer, but he shrugs
<Korivan> Sex would help me sleep.... but I can wait.
* May blushes and looks around again to make sure no one is listening
<May> After the party. I promise. I have too much to do right now. Too many things to organize between the clean up, the ritual, and the party.
* May sighs
<May> This is my life now.
<Korivan> You don't need to promise... I understand
* May smiles.
<May> Thanks.
* Korivan will lean down to kiss you, though
* May will reciprocate, somewhat surprised, but amenable.
<Korivan> Later. BUt if you see Gladius.... tell him his Kobold is well cared for.
<May> I will. And if you see Kraaz, tell him I said he's a badass.
<May> ;)
* May leans up to kiss you again.
<May> And so are you.
* Korivan will meet you partway on that bcause I don't think you can reach on your own
<May> (lol)
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
* Korivan will evetually take his leave if you're not going to change your mind about later ;)
<May> (Heh, he can wait ;) He needs someone to make him wait every once in a while)