Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 17

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 17 Next

Summary

Preparations to face the dragon, Gladius, continue. Eyllia speaks with her storm chasers, who propose a more proactive plan for their involvement, and she and Vana take it to the keep and eventually the Hrieffen. May strikes a bargain with Alocer, The Iron Wind for assistance. Varinia sends Laris to nap, but he gets accosted by the Genasi and he elvish ambassadors who have their own intelligence to contribute. Mifflepon relates some additional information to Induriel who spreads the word that the dragon may be more formidable than originally anticipated. Gladius performs a flyover of the city, and is hailed by Laris before he retreats. The next morning the Hrieffen scouts return and report that Gladius is not alone - he travels with an older human, a younger Tiefling, and approximately 60 kobolds (warriors and non combatants). Laris suggests we try parlay, and he, Saḫḫiru, the Hrieffen leaders, and Harbinger meet Gladius and his compatriots outside the city, where they reveal they are on a pilgrimage to earn about Terus, the third child of Tiamat and Bahamut, who Korivan learns is the originator of his family's dragon mark.

Session

Session date: 2018-08-05
In Game date: covering 1-2 days following the previous session

Final prep (oog)


<YOAW_Narrator> Couple of questions
<YOAW_Narrator> May is summoning assistance, yes?
<May> Yes
<YOAW_Narrator> What kind?
* Wahala (Mibbit@199.38.187.9) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<May> I was thinking something for defense but if others have other ideas I'm open
<May> Like maybe an earth djinn or something to protect from its breath weapon.
<YOAW_Narrator> I know Temu's idea would be the standard response, which is to summon flying devils to harry it in the air.
<May> Well, we were hoping to ground it, right?
<YOAW_Narrator> *nod*
<Induriel> Evasion? Something to hide the town, or fiddle with th dragon's sense of direction so it doesn't find us?
<Korivan> yeah, if we can
* Zari is now known as Wahala
<May> Though I guess flying devils would be good whether it's grounded or not
<Korivan> I think our plan was air enelemtals and then things to buff/protect our frontline peeps
<Wahala> I'm just picturing acrobats in devil costumes
<May> And minor devils are probably an easier summon with fewer consequences
<Korivan> hee
<May> heh
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, there are certainly protective options as well.
<YOAW_Narrator> What do you want to go with?
<May> Hmmm
<May> I guess let's go with emu's option for now. It seems like one we're more familiar with.
<May> Temu
<May> Not Emu
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh, all right.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you're trying for air spirits (elementals), correct?
<Korivan> yes
<Induriel> It's fought Thanatopolitans before - any chance Laris' troops have heard of it & have historical insights?
<YOAW_Narrator> Oh, fair question.
<Laris> I mean, I think my troops have mostly been with me for the past decade or more, but I guess they might have heard things, or maybe someone got transferred in or whatever
<Eyllia> if you share the name, some of my people may know more about it, due to former alliances
<Laris> I think Korivan wanted to talk to Eyllia actually
<Korivan> nah, I asked terry when I saw him the other day and I don't think it wouldbbe useful
<Induriel> I passed the name (Gladius) on to May, so I expect she may have communicated it to everyone else.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris is organizing troops, yes?
<Laris> yes
<May> Yeah, I can if I see people
<Laris> and if we have or can throw together some ballistae I would be down for that. I assume if it really is one day we probably can't, but maybe with 3 days we would ...
<Eyllia> I actually thought about it, and the air genasi (only a couple on the crew likely) may at least be able to better direct actions to bring the dragon down, by reading the wind
<YOAW_Narrator> You guys probably have some ballistae on the seaward towers in the city wall.
<Laris> okay
<YOAW_Narrator> They're not likely too moveable, though.
<Laris> well, if we can try to aim them in the direction
<Laris> er, in the direction where we think it's coming from
<YOAW_Narrator> What ships you have in the harbor may have one or two each.
<YOAW_Narrator> I think the Drake has one (it's pretty light, so probably not more than that)
<YOAW_Narrator> Wahala's ships likely have a few between them.
<Wahala> Ballistaes!
<May> Once the sumoning is ready May will get with Kadanu to direct the archers for defense.
<YOAW_Narrator> Sinslingers :p
<Eyllia> yeah I think we figured the Drake really only has one or two at the most
<May> hah
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, I'mma start with an Eyllia scene then, I think.
<Laris> Laris will also get his fancy new bow ready

Eyllia talks to her crew about their plans


<YOAW_Narrator> I believe the Drake and her crew are mostly on standby right now, waiting to help with evacuation if necessary. Right?
<Eyllia> Yes we were staying in reserve for important people/things that may need to leave at the last moment
* NPC1 is now known as Lysa
* NPC2 is now known as Grahm
* NPC3 is now known as Vana
* Grahm will approach you not long after you arrive back at the Drake.
<Grahm> Captain...
<Eyllia> Eh Grahm! You've heard the excitement I take?
<Grahm> As much as I can take, yes.
<Grahm> What are we still doing here?
<Eyllia> We're earning favour, thats what.
<Eyllia> Besides, don't you want to see a dragon?
<Grahm> Not especially. -_-
<Grahm> I value my life.
* Vana (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<Eyllia> As do I
<Eyllia> Stay calm my friend... you needn't be so grim
<Eyllia> The Drake is fast, and we'll make ready for a quick depart
<Lysa> She's right, Grahm. Nothing to worry about.
<Eyllia> and think of the lavish rewards for saving those nobles who linger too long
* Lysa says, approaching the pair of you. With her is Vana, the most senior of your windspeakers.
<Grahm> Hmph.
<Grahm> I suppose that could be worth some risk.
<Lysa> That's the spirit.
<Eyllia> see you just needed the appropriate context
* Vana (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Grahm still looks sour.
<Eyllia> (which is a change from when?)
<Vana> Captain, I had a thought regarding this beast.
<Eyllia> Lets here it Vana
<Vana> Flight is one of it's main advantages, but that requires the cooperation of the air currents. They're more likely to side with us than with it, if you catch my meaning.
<Eyllia> That is a good thought
* Eyllia ponders
<Vana> If we're looking to assist these people, my 'speakers and I could call a storm, or at least winds.
<Vana> We'd likely need to be on land, wherever the dragon is arriving, though.
<Grahm> Wait, what?
<Eyllia> The dragon is likely no fool. You would need to be at risk to do what you are thinking.
<Eyllia> are you and the speakers prepared for that?
<Vana> We've talked it over, and, yes. I'll leave Stor (her apprentice) here, but take Tempe and Siroc with me.
<Vana> Better to pool our resources with the cityfolk than to chance it alone, no?
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> Docking rights for what... 5 years sound good Grahm... and a trade house?
* Grahm manages to grin despite himself.
<Grahm> Well, I have a hard time arguing with that, if you can get it.
<Eyllia> no risk no reward
<Eyllia> Lyse, Vana, lets go take our proposal
<Eyllia> I may get used to land that doesn't roll before this is over
<Lysa> Don't leave without us, Grahm.
* Lysa says, giving him a wink.
* Vana nods and follows you.

May, Temu, and Induriel work on summoning Alocer


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, y'all are preparing for winged assistance.
<YOAW_Narrator> Can I get you both to roll me Knowledge checks?
<May> (yup)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* @Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 1 1 4 ] for a total of [ 8 ].
<Induriel> :(
<May> (Does research help?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<May> !roll 7d6
* @Korivan rolls for May: [ 7d6 ] getting [ 6 6 3 1 2 1 3 ] for a total of [ 22 ].
<May> (So 20)
<Induriel> (The student has become the master!)
<May> :V
<YOAW_Narrator> (Well, devil summoning is more her area)
<Induriel> (That's my excuse, anyway!)
<May> (heh)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, you think your best bet will be Alocer, the Iron Wind, a vassal of Dispater (who happens to still currently be this city's patron :)).
<YOAW_Narrator> She commands several companies of erinyes, which would prove useful.
<YOAW_Narrator> Luckily, she's relatively minor, and easy to summon. Shouldn't take you too long.
<May> (Cool)
<May> (Sounds good to me)
<YOAW_Narrator> The two of you, along with Temu and her attendants, prepare the ritual. Presumably May is taking the lead here?
<Induriel> (Is there something more we can do to buff them, or debuff Gladius?)
<May> (Yes)
<May> (Might depend on how much time we have)
<YOAW_Narrator> Can I get you two to roll Will for me?
<Induriel> (Casting?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Yeah
<Induriel> roll !6d6
<May> !roll 5d6
* @Korivan rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 3 3 5 3 5 ] for a total of [ 19 ].
<May> (So 16)
<Induriel> !roll 6d6
* @Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 1 2 1 3 6 6 ] for a total of [ 19 ].
<Induriel> (17)
<YOAW_Narrator> Nice
<May> :)
<Induriel> (May is surpassing me in everything today! :O )
* Grahm is now known as Alocer
<May> (Nah, you beat me on the summoning :) )
<YOAW_Narrator> The circle is drawn, incense and candles lit, attendants chanting on the perimeter.
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear a distant keening that gets louder and louder, near deafening, then suddenly silence as Alocer appears in your summoning circle. She is an impossibly armored winged humanoid, her feet not quite touching the ground.
<Alocer> Why have you called, daughter of the House of Lalu?
<May> We require your assistance, Iron Wind, Mistress of Erinyes. We face a dragon, and we seek the services of your hosts in the fight.
<Alocer> You are wise in seeking aid against Io's children. What do you offer for our might?
<May> We offer the lives of two who fled their duties, traitors to our city. They are yours for your legion.
<Alocer> They are not fit for my legion, but they will make fine fuel.
<May> Then you will help us, My Lady?
* Induriel looks troubled at the sacrifice, though he tries to hide it
<Alocer> Burn them, living, on the highest point you can find. Then my furies will deign to fight this dragon.
* @May blanches a little at that, but nods.
<May> It will be done.
<Alocer> A bargain is struck. May you claim victory, daughter of Lalu.
<May> Thank you, My Lady
<YOAW_Narrator> There is the thunderous sound of thousands of wings beating, a brief echo of the same keening from before, and she is gone.
* @May exhales
<May> Man, I'll never get used to that part.
<Induriel> No. Me either.
* Induriel sighs
<May> I should... make the preparations.
<Induriel> I... greatly dislike the necessity of such human sacrifice.
<Temu> May...my lady. I can oversee it if you wish.
<May> No... I'll do it. I won't ask anyone to do that for me.
* Induriel nods
* Temu nods.
<Induriel> That is suitable.
<Induriel> The Mistress of Erinyes is a patroness of this cty; it is only fitting that Heri Mamitu be the one to preside over this sacrifice, I think.
<Induriel> Much though I would spare her the experience.
<Induriel> I regret the necessity, but this sacrifice will serve a dual purpose.
<May> I'm the priestess of the city as well as its ruler. It was only a matter of time.
<Induriel> Yes. It all makes perfect sense. It's just...
<Induriel> ...
<May> I know.
<May> Don't worry. I'll be fine.
<May> I think.
* Induriel nods.
<Induriel> I know you will.
* @May will tlak to the city guard and Temu about setting up the sacrifice.

Varinia tells Laris to go nap


* Temu is now known as Varinia
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris is presumably making sure troops are in position?
<Laris> (yeah)
* Laris has not rested and is a bit on edge
* Varinia will approach you with a report.
<Varinia> They're a bit spread out, Dominus, but they can converge as necessary.
* Laris turns to her
<Varinia> We'll have to wait and see.
<Laris> Until we know which direction it's approaching from, it's good to remain as mobile as possible.
<Laris> in case we need to reposition
* Varinia nods.
<Varinia> Yes sir. Magus Auspex has his troops near the keep for deployment as soon as we have word, though, at last report, they're only at about one-third strength.
* Laris nods
<Varinia> They weren't expecting action so soon, and it takes time to wake them.
<Laris> It's better than nothing
* Varinia nods.
<Varinia> ...Dominus, I hope this doesn't come off as insubordinate, but when was the last time you slept?
* Laris has to think about that for a moment
<Varinia> Or at least tranced?
<Laris> The day before yesterday.
<Varinia> We're as prepared as we can be for now. Maybe you should get some rest?
<Laris> I can manage. But... perhaps you're right.
<Varinia> We wouldn't let you sleep through anything, I promise.
* Laris smiles slightly at that.
* Varinia gives an encouraging smile.
<Laris> I'll try to rest - no guarantees I will be able to do so, but I can at least attempt it.
<Varinia> (Presuming you're somewhere on the city wall) The Queen's temple isn't far from here. I'm sure Fata Merula would put you up, and you'd be nearby if and when anything happens.
<Laris> All right.
* Laris will let Varinia tell him what to do in this case ;)
* Laris will do a last check of things anyway, before he heads to the temple

The Genasi and the Elves each come to Laris with an offer of assistance


<YOAW_Narrator> As you make ready to leave, you'll run into a small group of foreigners: the genasi captain and two of her crew, and the elven ambassadors.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia will have been informed that Laris was here, and he's coordinating the defense efforts.)
<Laris> Good day, Captain - and ambassadors.
* Varinia is now known as Ettelea
* Alocer is now known as Loce
<Eyllia> Ah yes, its good we ran into you. It appears that I may be able to offer more help to you in dealing with the dragon than I initially believed
<Laris> Oh?
<Eyllia> Vana, is my windspeaker (me guestures). She and her accolytes in my crew use thier skills to aid in sailing, but they are capable of much more, if for a short bit of time.
<Laris> They have power over the winds?
* Eyllia nods
<Vana> We have an alliance with it, lord.
* Laris nods
<Vana> (with them, rather)
<Eyllia> and through that alliance, they could conjure a storm to force the dragon from the sky. A significant boon, eh?
<Laris> Very good - your aid will be much appreciated if you can force our opponent to the ground, or move it into positions more advantageous for our troops to confront.
<Laris> You should coordinate with Gaath Korivan of the Hrieffen - his people are also working with the spirits of the air, I believe.
* Laris will direct them to where they can find Korivan
* Vana will look at Eyllia.
<Laris> At least so that your efforts do not interfere with one another.
<Eyllia> This task is not without risk. They will be exposed while doing so, and the dragon may likely recongnize thier efforts.
<Laris> We can provide troops to guard them.
* Zari (Mibbit@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<Laris> Is there a specific place they need to perform their invocations or can they do it from anywhere?
<Vana> The closer we are, the easier it will be to directly affect the dragon, but we can maintain a safe distance.
<Eyllia> open to the air and line of sight on the beast
* Zari is now known as The-Real-Wahala
* Vana nods towards Eyllia.
* Laris nods
* Laris gestures to Varinia
* Wahala (Mibbit@199.38.187.9) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
* The-Real-Wahala is now known as Wahala
<Laris> Can you find them a location where they will have sufficient protection?
* Loce is now known as Varinia
<Varinia> The northern gate towers should work.
* Laris nods
<Varinia> We'll keep you safe.
* Varinia says to Vana.
* Vana nods.
<Eyllia> We'll speak with Korivan to ensure unity in our efforts
<Laris> Very well. Thank you.
<Varinia> I'll get someone to take you to him.
* Laris glances over to the elven ambassadors to see what they want
* Varinia will call a soldier over to take you to the Hrieffen.
<Eyllia> and once things have been organized I'm sure discussion on approriate recompense for my crews efforts can be undertaken
<Laris> Let's see how things go before we plan for recompense - but your efforts will not be unnoticed, I assure you.
* Eyllia nods
<Ettelea> I don't mean to take up too much of your time, Dominus. We came to offer our assistance. We...have some experience with dragons.
<Laris> Oh yes?
* Eyllia delays departure to hear what the elves offer
<Ettelea> Granted, our experience comes from fighting alongside them, but my sister and I have some familiarity from the experience.
* Laris nods
<Laris> What would you suggest, based on your experience?
<Ettelea> Your efforts seem perfectly in keeping with accepted tactics. The dragon would be foolish to offer a frontal assault. That said, metallics can be skilled infiltrators, with their shape-shifting capabilities.
* Laris nods
<Ettelea> Having your troops spread out is smart. It covers the approaches, and dragons senses are so acute, it can sometimes be difficult for them to deal with widespread opponents.
<Laris> Our guards at the gates have been warned about admitting any strangers. Can they assume the form of someone specific, though?
<Laris> For instance, could it impersonate me, or another specific person known to the guards?
<Ettelea> Most cannot, but it is not unheard of. They'd need to know who they were impersonating, however, by any magic I know of.
* Laris nods
<Laris> That is fortunate, then.
<Ettelea> It is perhaps not much aid, but we are at least content to offer a few more sets of eyes on lookout.
<Ettelea> And, of course, aid in battle, should it be joined.
<Laris> Our divinations indicated that this dragon is loyal - although to what, now, I do not know. Its loyalty may be something we can exploit, according to the spirits.
<Laris> Does that suggest anything to you?
<Ettelea> Metallics, in general, seek causes.
<Ettelea> Arkhosia became that cause for most of them.
<Ettelea> For this one, now, I could not say.
* Laris nods
<Ettelea> But they are also more likely to parlay, so a chance may be had to ascertain such.
<Laris> We shall see when it approaches. I do not wish to fight needlessly, if we can reason with it or bargain through this.
* Ettelea nods.
<Ettelea> A wise approach, Dominus.
<Laris> I appreciate your counsel, and your offer of aid should it come to a battle.
<Ettelea> I apologize it did not come sooner. There was some discussion whether it was right to do so.
<Ettelea> In the end, my sister and I felt we could not sit idly by.
* Laris nods
<Laris> My thanks, then. We will take your suggestions under advisement.
* Ettelea nods.

The Genasi and the Hrieffen make plans


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you are in the middle of ritual preparations, likely a lot of burning herbs for the air spirits.
<Korivan> (sounds good!)
<YOAW_Narrator> You will be interrupted by a booyahg apprentice informing you some of the newcomers are there to "coordinate" with you.
<Korivan> What..newcomers?
* Vana is now known as Booyahg_Apprentice
<Booyahg_Apprentice> Not the beast-folk. The spirit people.
<Korivan> ahhh...
<Booyahg_Apprentice> Their shaman are here to speak to you.
* @Korivan looks out over the ritual site-in-prep
<Korivan> bring them here @_@
* Booyahg_Apprentice will bring Eyllia and her people to Korivan
<Eyllia> Eryvet Korvan, we meet again so soon
* Eyllia has a sly smile
* @Korivan gives you a weirdnlook because that is a really weord name combination and I have no idea what you mean by it
<Korivan> Captain... Yes.
<Eyllia> I've been told you are calling on air spirits to help defend, or ground, the dragon when it attacks, is this correct?
* @Korivan nods
<Korivan> I see you have brought some @_@
<Eyllia> This is my windspeaker, Vara. She and her apprentices plan to call aid from the wind to summon a storm to do just as I described if necessary
<Eyllia> and I would hate for each of our efforts to interfere with the others
<Eyllia> So we need to figure out how best to combine our efforts
<Korivan> Yes... We can work together @_@
* Ettelea is now known as Vana
<Eyllia> I'm glad to hear that
<Eyllia> Can you explain what specificially you are going to do?
* Eyllia gives Vara a raised eyebrow
<Korivan> As you say... Call on the spirits to control the winds
<Vana> You, ah, use smoke to call them?
<Korivan> And here you are @_@
* Vana looks around your ritual area.
<Vana> Oh, we're not wind spirits, exactly.
<Korivan> It's an offering
* Vana nods.
<Vana> We can call the wind without the need for your...offering.
<Vana> If that would help.
* @Korivan is trying to think about the naure of spirits ans such
<Korivan> How long can you power hold?
<Vana> With the three of us...a few hours. Days, perhaps, with some help.
<Korivan> Then we can....help.
* Vana looks a little unsettled at that pause, and looks to Eyllia.
<Eyllia> so your help... would be providing
<Eyllia> .."fuel" for the winds
* @Korivan is probably a little unsettling - there's clersly something in that smoke, and he *is
* carrying a staff with a skull on i
<Eyllia> Just trying to understand
<Korivan> Yes...
<Korivan> Our spirits may be jealous....this will be better
<Eyllia> I'm glad we worked things our then
<Eyllia> Will you need word sent to you to perform your part, or will you be aware when Vara starts her work?
<Eyllia> (Vana)
<Eyllia> (sp)
<Korivan> I will know @_@
<Korivan> But
<Korivan> It will be easier if she is here
<Vana> We would have less direct control if we're here instead of where the dragon is.
<Vana> But maybe, with some transference...
<Vana> I could ride the wind when we summon it. It's not *too
* dangerous.
* @Korivan nods
<Eyllia> will that leave you more vulnerable if the dragon recongnizes what is happening?
<Vana> Yes. >.>
<Eyllia> but makes the chance for success higher?
* Vana nods.
<Korivan> We can offer...some protection @_@
<Vana> Come to that, Captain, if we summon a storm, you or Lysa could anchor it.
<Vana> It's a thing of water as much as air, really.
<Korivan> mmmhmmm.
<Vana> It's, uh, kind of a middle path.
<Vana> It's not where your training lies, but it's intuitive once you are connected.
<Vana> We could remain here, and either of you could direct it closer to the dragon.
<Eyllia> Fine, we'll do that... but it will be me who takes the risk... show me what I must do
* Vana nods.
<Vana> We've got what we need; we'll prep you.
* Vana turns to Korivan.
<Vana> Whatever power you have to offer, gather it.
<Vana> We'll call the storm.
* @Korivan nods, and will turn to the Booyagh to let them now that our spirits (more or less) are here, and how this will work

Mifflepon brings Induriel some disturbing news about Gladius


* Mifflepon will seek you out after your summoning.
<Mifflepon> My Lord Antalanon?
* Induriel is resting - or rather, brooding - in his apartments
* Induriel looks up
<Induriel> Yes, Mifflepon?
<Mifflepon> I'm sorry to bother you, but I heard, that is, there is word...
<Induriel> Yes?
<Mifflepon> The dragon that is coming. It is Gladius?
<Induriel> Yes, that is correct.
<Induriel> You have heard of this dragon before?
* Induriel regards his servant with renewed interest and curiosity.
<Mifflepon> I know of it.
<Induriel> Indeed!?!?
<Induriel> What do you know of it?
* Induriel gives his full attention to the gnome.
<Mifflepon> It was at Yara Undume. Where my son died.
<Induriel> I am sorry.
<Mifflepon> (Yara Undume is a reasonably famous battle between Arkhosia and Turathi (mostly Aethrennari) forces.)
<Mifflepon> If it's the dragon I remember, it's far more dangerous than just an adult dragon.
<Mifflepon> It is a priest of some kind, sworn to their dragon gods.
<Mifflepon> Magic barely touched it, and it's breath...
* Mifflepon looks distant.
<Induriel> That is terrible. But how do you know this? Can you tell me what magic was used against it, and how it failed?
* Induriel says evenly, trying to be considerate of Mifflepon's unhappy memories, but eager to hear useful details!
<Mifflepon> I was there, at Yara Undume, serving Lady Valdea. My son was with the sorcerers. Lightning, fire, ice...all of it washed over the dragon, and it withstood them all.
<Mifflepon> Like waves against a rock.
<Mifflepon> It was sent against the sorcerers and...it prevailed.
<Induriel> (What dragon god is there that it would serve - Tiamat?)
* Booyahg_Apprentice (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Varinia (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tiamat and Bahamut are the main ones, both patrons of Arkhosia)
<YOAW_Narrator> (There are others, but those would be the ones that spring readily to mind)
<Induriel> (Hmmm. And normally Bahamut would be the 'good' one, and Tiamat the 'evil' one, still?)
<Induriel> (Were both invoked against Ratha? Since Ratha had turned to Asmodeus, and all...)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sort of. Bahamut is the god of justice. Tiamat is the god of wealth and grudges.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, Ratha was more of a 'try to become a god herself' type.)
<Induriel> (Sounds like Bahamut would be more opposed to Ratha than Tiamat, even, then. :P )
<YOAW_Narrator> (In AW, the two of them are more rivals than complete enemies.)
<Induriel> And it invoked the power of its god to do so? Do you remember specifically which of the dragon gods it served?
<Induriel> (Like Ares & Athena, kind of, I take it.)
<Mifflepon> I couldn't say, but I remember it breathed several types of energy. Acid, which we were told to expect; fire, lightning...
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, Ares and Athena isn't a bad comparison.)
<Induriel> Do you remember whether it seemed to take much damage from mundane weapons?
* Mifflepon nods.
* Induriel asks more brusquely, becoming increasingly disturbed at these revelations..
<Mifflepon> And enchanted weapons were not as easily dismissed, it seemed. It was eventually wounded and driven off, at great cost.
<Mifflepon> Mundane weapons worked against it as normal, but it is still a dragon.
* Induriel looks grim.
<Induriel> Indeed.
<Induriel> Come, Mifflepon. We must inform Heri Mamitu and Heri Sahirru of this at once - I would like you to be there to answer any further questions they may have.
<Induriel> This is disturbing, but I am glad you are able to provide this insight.
<Mifflepon> Of course, lord.
* @May will probably be setting up the sacrifice. I guess Sahirru could be there too if convenient.

Induriel bring his servant to share his intelligence with May and Saḫḫiru, but they are interrupted by the arrival of the dragon himself


* @May will probably be setting up the sacrifice. I guess Sahirru could be there too if convenient.
<YOAW_Narrator> You guys can track down May and Sahhiru.
* Induriel arrives with Mifflepon in tow
<May> Is everything ok?
<Induriel> I'm afraid not.
* Mifflepon reflexively tries to look unobtrusive, despite specifically being asked to be there.
* Induriel says grimly.
* @May raises an eyebrow
<Induriel> Mamitu, Sahhiru. This is my valet, Mifflepon. He has more information about the dragon Gladius.
* Sahhiru (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Induriel quickly relates what Mifflepon has already told him.
* Sahhiru looks at the gnome with interest.
<May> Well... fuck.
<Sahhiru> Language.
<May> Sorry.
* Sahhiru says evenly.
<Induriel> If all this is true - and I am sure Mifflepon did witness this as he says - this changes things.
<May> Yes, it does.
<May> It means we can't rely on any of our magic to work against it
<Sahhiru> Not entirely.
<Sahhiru> None of our efforts rest on casting directly against the dragon.
<Induriel> Perhaps we can gain more insight into its motives, perhaps? If it acts at the behest of one of the dragon gods...
<May> No, but what about the hrieffen plan to ground it? If it fails they may be sitting ducks for it's breath.
<Sahhiru> They are not directly in the line of fire, as it were, and it is unlikely such an indirect method will be resisted.
<Sahhiru> It merely makes combative magic difficult.
<Sahhiru> There are ways around resistances, and we've already planned for such without meaning to.
* @May nods.
<Induriel> (Seriously, can we cast some sort of divination magic to get an idea of what Bahamut or Tiamat wants?)
<May> Even if the spell fails the ERinyes may be able to keep it occupied in the air.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You could try, but none of you really has any pull with them.)
<May> (And I'd rather not deal with that secrets devil again if I don't have to >.> )
<Induriel> It seems likely that its resistances may extend to seeing through illusions or enchantments intended to confuse it...
<YOAW_Narrator> As you are speaking, there's a cry from the walls.
<Induriel> Perhaps magics that improve the aim and defenses of our own troops?
* @May turns to look where the sound came from
<YOAW_Narrator> If you turn, it takes a moment to see where people's attention is directed, but a speck on the horizon is growing bigger, moving through the air towards the city.
<May> ...
<May> Fuck.

Everyone gets into position, and Laris attempts to hail Gladius


<YOAW_Narrator> (Laris, you will be awoken/shaken by Harbinger, who lets you know there's a dragon coming. ;))
<May> Everyone get to your posts! Induriel, go tell the mages about its resistances. I need to finish this sacrifice!
* Induriel rushes off to do so.
<YOAW_Narrator> The dragon seems to be gaining altitude as it approaches the city, well out of range of your archers for the moment (but also well out of range of any of it's breath weapons, too.
* Laris will wake as quickly as he can and hurry to a position on the high walls
<YOAW_Narrator> The dragon will circle the city once, keeping it's altitude, then fly lower on a second circuit. It isn't currently making any offensive moves.
* @May will hold a torch, ready to set the scrificial fire and invoke Alocer's legions at a moment's notice.
<Laris> Gladius! Let us speak with you!
* Laris will call out, hoping it can hear us
<YOAW_Narrator> It seems to hone in on that, doing a close flyby of Laris' location on the walls, halting it's flight for a moment, then continuing on, back in the direction from which it came.
<YOAW_Narrator> It disappears off into the horizon, leaving the city still pretty on edge.
<Laris> ....well.

Time passes, and the Hrieffen Scouts return, bearing the news that Gladius is not alone


<YOAW_Narrator> Does anybody have anything significant they want to do over the next day?
<Induriel> . o O (Thank goodness. But surely it wasn't frightened off by us?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Seems like a goofy question, but just asking)
<Laris> (Did the Hrieffen scouts ever come back that we sent out?)
* @Korivan is going to chill with Vana :V
<Induriel> (Research on Tiamat and Bahamut, and how to overcome the powers they may grant a dragon cleric? :P )
<Korivan> (also that's a great question @_@)
<YOAW_Narrator> The scouts are about to come back, but not until the next morning, which is why I'm asking about the interim.
<Laris> okay - then nothing specific, just continue to keep working on our defenses and strategies. and try to rest since apparently SOME PEOPLE think that's IMPORTANT :p
<YOAW_Narrator> If you want to make a Knowledge roll, Charles, go ahead.
<Korivan> (I'm trying to think , if we have the storm bit covered, if there is anything else useful to accomplish since I don't know any more of this info.... I dunno, pray a lot to bane I guess :V)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* @Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 1 6 5 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> The multi breath weapon thing definitely seems Tiamat-ish.
<Laris> (And if there's time, and I hear this extra info, I would lobby for conveying said info to the rest of our 'team' - Korivan, Eyllia, and co.)
<YOAW_Narrator> From what you can gather.
<YOAW_Narrator> It looks like the magic resistance may just be a steel dragon thing.
<Induriel> (Oh, goody. :s
<Induriel> (Again, I shall pass this information on, of course.)
<Induriel> (Anything else?)
* @May will spend the day super on edge, but probably try to get some sleep if she can.
<Laris> Keep up the guards on the gates
<YOAW_Narrator> It seems like a lot of Tiamat's gifts are either for revenge or horde defense.
<Laris> in case it's going to try to approach in humanoid form
<Eyllia> (I'll just be passing the time by sword practice to keep myself focused)
<May> Yeah, no one in or out.
<Laris> well, no strangers - If Korivan needs to come in, I guess that's okay ;)
<May> heh
<YOAW_Narrator> On that note, folks will be notified in the morning that a Hrieffen rider is approaching the north gate.
<May> Korivan can come inside whenever he wants.
<Korivan> (I like hoard defense, as someone who is hoard adjacent)
<YOAW_Narrator> Y'all can be gathered in time to meet with her.
<Korivan> (I mean it is Kraaz's hoard technicay and thanks I will :V)
* @Laris will go out to hear what the rider has to say
<YOAW_Narrator> (Dammit, yes, hoard defense, not horde defense.)
* @Korivan will go out with Kraaz
<Laris> (yeah he will)
<Laris> (:V)
* @May will also go
* Mifflepon is now known as Hrieffen_Rider
* Sahhiru is now known as Kraaz
* Hrieffen_Rider is waiting, watering her horse.
<Hrieffen_Rider> Hraal, Gaath. Uh, Dominus, Domina.
* Hrieffen_Rider will say in greeting to you all.
* @Laris nods in greeting
<Kraaz> Draaka, what word?
* Hrieffen_Rider is now known as Draaka
<Draaka> The dragon is not alone, Hraal. It travels with a group of kobolds. Also, a tiefling and a human.
<Korivan> hmmmm
* @Laris frowns slightly at that
<May> How large a group?
<Draaka> Roughly sixty. A small tribe, it looks like.
<Draaka> None I recognize.
<May> That complicates things even more.
<Laris> Are they encamped, or on the move?
<Kraaz> How? Sixty kobolds don't really add to the threat of a dragon.
<Draaka> On the move. Hours from here now.
* @Laris nods
<Draaka> The other scouts are still following them, in case something changes.
<May> No, but the human and tiefling do. Especially if the dragon is loyal to them.
<Laris> We will wait to see what their intent is. The dragon had the opportunity to attack and did not - it may have been scouting for the others.
<Kraaz> 'For' the others? You think it is not the master?
<Induriel> I imagine it must be the other way round... the tiefling and human will be loyal to the dragon.
<May> It could be either.
<May> No assumptions.
* @Laris nods to May
<Induriel> No. But this does raise questions.
<Laris> They could be allies, not subordinates.
* Kraaz (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<Induriel> Are they nomads, looking for a permanent home?
* Kraaz (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<May> Let's just hope to the gods they're not also dragons.
<Kraaz> Can you tell us anything else about them.
<Kraaz> ?
<Draaka> The human was older, but rode well. The tiefling was younger, and seemed a warrior. Armored, at least.
<Laris> Did they seem healthy? Well-fed and armed?
<Laris> I mean the kobolds as well as the two others.
* @Korivan frowns
<Draaka> Reasonably so, yes. I'd say maybe 20 of the kobolds seemed like warriors.
<Korivan> It has formed some alliance...
<Draaka> The rest were children and other noncombatants.
<Korivan> something.... hybrid?
<Induriel> Will they respect a flag of truce, if we send out negotiators?
<Laris> They may be seeking something other than battle, then, if they bring their young and weak here. Whether passage through these lands, or trade, or a place to settle. We will have to see.
* @Korivan is listening, trying to make sense of what he is hearing
<Kraaz> What is it, Korivan?
<Korivan> A...tiefling....would be of Bael Turath. Arkhosia was a human empire
<Induriel> Yes. A group that includes both an Arkhosian dragon and a tiefling suggests that old rivalries have been put aside.
<Laris> It is an unusual alliance.
<Korivan> Something...that reaches across the stars @_@
* @Laris looks puzzled at that
<Induriel> But who is the tiefling?
<May> Good question.
<Draaka> They didn't quite look like Domina Lalu.
<May> Was there anything distinctive about them? Scars? Horns? Dragonmark?
* @Laris considers for a moment
<Draaka> Grey, for one. And they, uh, had a full tail. More like his.
* Draaka points to Sahhiru.
<Korivan> ...Hybrid
<Draaka> But pointy.
<Korivan> Yes
<Korivan> Not....
<Korivan> Hmm
<May> grey...
<Korivan> Not like you @_@
<Induriel> (Is this ringing any bells?)
<Laris> I suggest that we send out a group to meet them as they approach.
<Kraaz> Who, and where?
<Korivan> Born of two kinds....
<Kraaz> Draaka can take us back to them.
<May> Y/me looks at Korivan.
<May> You mean the tiefling?
<Korivan> Mmm... Yes.
<Induriel> How far away is this main body?
<May> It's a hybrid? Like... half teifling, half shadarkai or something?
<Laris> A small group but well defended.
<Laris> Some of the Hrieffen, some of my troops, and someone who can speak on behalf of the city.
* @Laris proposes
<Draaka> A few hours. They would make the city by nightfall, at the latest.
<Induriel> Or half tiefling... half dragon descent?
<May> I'll go. It's my responsibility.
* @Korivan shrugs
<Induriel> Let us send out negotiators as soon as possible, then, the better to meet them far from the city.
<Laris> Or, if they are that close, we could wait for them at the city walls. It's up to you, May.
* Sahhiru (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* @Laris will allow May to make this call since technically I GUESS it's her city
<Induriel> What? Mamitu, you are too valuable to risk in such a way!
* @Induriel is aghast
<Sahhiru> I must agree with Induriel.
<Sahhiru> Perhaps if the meeting were closer to the city, but, even so, this is what intermediaries are for.
<May> ...ok.
<May> If you think that's best.
* @May looks a bit relieved actually.
<Induriel> (Wait... to be clear, Gladius was flying over the sea, is that right? Before, I mean.)
<Kraaz> Outside or inside the city means little to the dragon, right? We could just invite them in. We seem to have done that with everyone else.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Over the sea when?)
<Induriel> But there`s still the main body of the dragon`s followers... or allies, or whatever they are.
<Induriel> I`m not sure they would assimilate smoothly.
<Induriel> (When we first heard of the dragon, wasn`t it spotted by a ship?)
<Laris> I would prefer to keep 60 kobolds outside the city until we know their intentions.
<May> We're getting ahead of ourselves. We'll meet them outside the city if they're willing. We'll see how it goes from there.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, it was spotted by a ship, but the dragon was on land at the time. Then it did a flyby of the ship.)
<Induriel> (The point being, if so, where did the kobolds etc come from? Another ship?)
* @Laris will send for some troops to accompany us on this because he assumes he's going ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (They spotted it on the coast, at the mouth of a river to the north, eating...something.)
* @Induriel will raise this question
* Kraaz will go get some Hrieffen.
<Laris> (which question?)
<Induriel> Where did they come from? Has the dragon accompanied them all this time?
<Laris> We don't know. That's why we're going to talk to them.
<May> We can ask them when they get here.
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, who all is going out to meet them?
* @Laris will go
* @Induriel will, if there's an organized parley
<May> Uncle, will you speak for me?
<Laris> (on behalf of who?...)
* @Korivan tilts his head at Induriel's 'volunteering'
<Sahhiru> It is my duty and my honor, Siru Mamitu.
<Korivan> Who do you speak for here?
<Induriel> My Queen, of course. If there is need to speak.
<Induriel> And if not, I will observe.
<Laris> Then let us also bring one of the elven ambassadors.
<Korivan> Your queen has no concern here.
<May> Induriel, no offense meant, but this is a domestic matter. Besides, I'll need you here.
* @Laris suggests 'helpfully'
* @Induriel casts a dirty look at Laris
<Induriel> Those traitors are not this city's allies
<Induriel> But as you wish, Mamitu.
<Laris> Mm.
* @Korivan looks at Laris but more confused.
* @Laris is happy to drop that if Induriel is staying with May.
<Laris> Hrall Kraaz, Gaath Korivan, will you come?
* @Laris asks
<Korivan> Mmm, yes.
* Kraaz already went to get some warriors to come with. ;)
<Laris> (fair :)
<May> Man, it's nice to be able to be here for a full game for once without it being past midnight :3
<YOAW_Narrator> (heh)
<May> (Oh, shoot, ww)
<May> ( :P )
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, those who are leaving to go meet with them can gather relatively quickly.

Laris, Saḫḫiru, Kraaz, Korivan, and Harbinger ride out to meet Gladius's party


<YOAW_Narrator> I believe it's Laris and some of his soldiers; Korivan, Kraaz, and some Hrieffen; and Sahhiru?
<Laris> (I think that's right)
* Draaka (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<YOAW_Narrator> Harbinger will also show up out of nowhere to accompany you, if you'll let him.
<Laris> (sure)
<YOAW_Narrator> You can all ride out north of the city, Draaka leading you.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can find a good spot in which to wait for them, in an open plain where you'll both have good sight of the other party from a distance.
<YOAW_Narrator> At length, you can see the other party on the far edge of the plain, staying to the woods. After a bit, three riders approach: the human, the tiefling, and a kobold.
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll come to a stop about halfway between the two groups.
* @Laris will indicate that a small group of us should probably go out and meet them in return
<Korivan> (I assume the actuall leaders shoudl probably ride out likewise?)
* @Laris Korivan, Kraaz, and Sahhiru?
<YOAW_Narrator> (Harbinger will want to accompany you.)
<Laris> (okay... I'll accept that, although a bit concerned)
* @Laris turns to Harbinger and will quietly say "Is this what you are here for?"
<YOAW_Narrator> (Bear with me a little, folks, I can only have so many NPCs at once. ;))
* Harbinger (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Harbinger>
I'm not sure, but I feel as though I'm supposed to be here.
* @Laris nods, then
* Kraaz is now known as Human
<YOAW_Narrator> As you approach, the kobold will turn to say something to the others.
<Korivan> (language will be fun here)
<Laris> Greetings, strangers. We wish to parlay with you on behalf of our people.
* @Laris will say by way of breaking the ice ;p
<Human>
<Turathi> Blessings upon you, in the names of the gods. You must be from the city to the south. Lord Gladius greets you.
<YOAW_Narrator> The kobold, who seems quite large for his species, has silver-tinged scales and horns.
<Korivan> (I would also like to see if I can get a magical sesnse of these peeps since they're here)
<Korivan> We are not of the city...but it allies
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sure. Roll Awareness.)
<Laris> We represent the city of Nesu Abamatu and the tribe of the Hrieffen, who control these lands.
<Lan_phone> !roll 5d6
* @Korivan rolls for Lan_phone: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 5 4 5 4 ] for a total of [ 22 ].
<Korivan> (14)
<Laris> What is your intention in travelling here?
<YOAW_Narrator> (They all seem pretty magical, and it's kind of all blending together. There's something shared between them all that makes it hard to differentiate them.)
<YOAW_Narrator> The kobold speaks softly to the human.
<Korivan> (ah ha ha fun)
<Human> We do not seek conflict. We are merely passing through.
* @Laris nods
<Laris> Where is your intended destination?
<Human> We do not have one, as such. We are...pilgrims, on a journey of faith.
* @Laris frowns slightly at that, puzzled
* Human 's attention slides over you all, then snaps back to Korivan.
<Human> Where did you get that?
* @Korivan is staring so that's only fair
* Human seems to mean your dragonmark.
<Korivan> From my ancestors @_@
<Human> And they?
* @Korivan listens to see if they say because.... I don't actually know
<Korivan> Terus
<YOAW_Narrator> A look passes between the three of them.
<Human> Then perhaps we have found a destination for now.
<Laris> What are your names, that we may properly address you?
<Human> I apologize. I am called Ealwin. This is my daughter, Meghan. And, of course, Lord Gladius.
* Human is now known as Ealwin
<Laris> (Meghan is the tiefling? and Gladius is in the form of a kobold?)
* @Korivan nods
<YOAW_Narrator> Gladius nods to you, Ealwin does a saddle-bound bow, and Meghan removes her helmet to reveal a scarred but smiling face.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<Laris> Greetings. I am Laris Valerius Corvis...
* @Laris realizes at that point that he doesn't really have a title to give them :p
* @Laris will go on to introduce Korivan and Kraaz though.
<Korivan> What do you seek on you pilgrimage?
<Sahhiru> On behalf of Siru Mamitu of the House of Lalu, and the city of Nesu Abamatu, we bid you welcome to these lands.
<Laris> We know that there are others travelling with you - a group of kobolds.
<Ealwin> Wards of Lord Gladius, yes.
<Ealwin> He'll turn in the saddle and gesture towards them.
<Ealwin> As to what we seek, you've already said it. Terus. The third child of Bahamut and Tiamat.
<Korivan> Mmmm.
* @Laris arches an eyebrow
<Ealwin> The one who didn't found an empire.
* Ealwin smiles.
<Laris> We will escort you the rest of the way to the city, with your... wards.
<Ealwin> We would appreciate the company, of course.
<YOAW_Narrator> Gladius nods, then barks a command back towards the kobolds, who move towards you.
* @Laris will also get a rider to go ahead and tell people we're coming, and to not shoot at the random kobolds/strangers as we approach ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh
<YOAW_Narrator> As it's just about 4 (here) why don't we call it there?

Solos

Induriel comes to talk to May about Laris's comment


<Malqatar> Alright, as usual you can probably find May in the library if you want :)
* Induriel goes to the library in search of May
* May is in the "Dragon" section, likely
* Induriel approaches her
<Induriel> Mamitu. Have you found any new information?
* May looks up
<May> Oh, hey Istyar. No, not much. "Creatures of legend", "Elemental breath", "Destroyers of cities", just the usual so far.
<Induriel> Ah. Well, there may yet be something useful there. Thankfully it may not be as pressing as it seemed a few hours ago...
<May> Yeah, it seems like our little town gets more cosmopolitan every day.
<Induriel> Ah. Yes. Though it seems they won't be staying.
<Induriel> In any case; do you have a moment? There was something else I wished to discuss with you.
* May shrugs.
<May> Sure, what's up? Pull up a stack of books.
<May> That's a joke, please don't sit on the books.
<Induriel> No, I wasn't going to.
* Induriel says a bit dryly.
<Induriel> Anyway...
<Induriel> I have something to say in my... official capacity.
<May> Ooookay.
<Induriel> And I'm sorry to have to bring it to your attention... but I feel I must.
<Induriel> Even though I have no wish to add to your burdens.
* May sighs and prepares for the worst.
<May> Go ahead.
<Induriel> Alright.
<Induriel> You remember when we were discussing who would go to meet the dragon Gladius?
<May> Yeeeees...
<Induriel> When I suggested that I would be willing to go, Laris Valerius Corvis immediately stated that one of the elves should be invited as well.
<May> Riiiiight...
<Induriel> As though they and Aethrennar were equally valued allies to Nesu Abamatu.
<May> And your issue iiiiiiis...
<Induriel> As the ambassador for Aethrennar - with whom Nesu Abamatu has just signed a formal alliance, and which provided you with valuable information about the dragon as he approached your borders - I find this equivalence objectionable.
* May sighs
<Induriel> I must ask you to correct Laris Valerius Corvis on this matter.
<May> Induriel, he was mostly joking. Neither you nor the elves had any place at that meeting.
<Induriel> Was he? I did not find it amusing.
<May> So you want me to... what, exactly? Put him in time out?
<Induriel> I would like you to make it very clear to him that Aethrennar is a valued ally, where Vanilorra is not.
* May thinks for a moment.
<May> Induriel... You're a valuable advisor and I appreciate you as both a ritualist and an ambassador, but I am not going to take time out of my already hectic schedule to soothe your ego over every perceived slight. If you have a problem with Laris, I suggest you take it up with him. Technically he doesn't even work for me. I think.
<Induriel> A "perceived" slight?
<Induriel> This is not about my ego. This is about rewarding proven allies appropriately.
<Induriel> Or... did the Vanilorrans offer you information and aid?
<May> The treaty that we painstakingly worked out assures that Aethrennar is being compensated. That doesn't give you any say in our internal affairs.
<Induriel> I'm not sure a possible dragon attack counts as "internal affairs".
<Induriel> But... was my information redundant? Had the Vanilorrans already told you the dragon's name and history?
<Induriel> And that he would be impervious to any sorcerous attack?
<Induriel> After all, they may well have known such things. Having fought at its side during the wars.
* May sighs
<May> How many times are we gonna go through this?
<May> Are you going to fight me on this every step of the way?
<Induriel> Fight you? I have been helping you!
<Induriel> But that does not answer my question.
<May> You've been fighting me ever since those elves arrived here.
<Induriel> By casting divinations about the dragon, and bringing my valet to warn you of what he knew about it?
<May> By actively hampering our diplomatic efforts with another city.
<Induriel> By advising you to beware of a pack of...
* Induriel bites back the rest of the sentence.
<Induriel> Well. Never mind that.
<May> Induriel, this is not a zero sum game! Aethrennar's efforts on our behalf do not detract from our relationship with the elves. Helping us doesn't give you the right to decide who we trade with.
<May> I suggest you focus on our relationship with Aethrennar and forget about Vanillora.
<Induriel> But the two are inextricably intertwined.
<May> Ok. Fine. If that's how you feel, then that's your prerogative. But I have a city to run and I'm going to do what's in its best interests. You said you were here in your official capacity as an ambassador, right? Well consider your complaint logged and under advisement.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> Very well then, Heri Mamitu Lalu.
<Induriel> With your permission, I will take my leave... and bother you no further.
* May sighs again.
<May> Look...
<May> I'm sorry if you took offense. But I'm not going to go "Coorect" Laris. If you have a problem, then go talk to him. He's a reasonable guy.
<Induriel> Hmmph.
<May> Maybe too reasonable sometimes.
<Induriel> A few minutes ago, you said that technically he doesn't even work for you. What *is
* he doing here? And in charge of an army?
<May> He's an advisor. As the ex-ruler he has contacts and information that are useful. And he represents Thantopolis' interests just like you represent Aethenar's. But he's also respected by pretty much everyone in the city. He's been here a long time. But you're right. He doesn't technically work for me... I should probably fix that.
<Induriel> I wonder...
<Induriel> He knows about me and Sahhiru, I'm sure.
* May raises an eyebrow.
<May> Ooooookay... well, it's been a nice chat.
<Induriel> Ah... yes.
<Induriel> Thank you for your time, Mamitu.
<May> Any time.
<Induriel> I'll leave you to your research.
* Induriel bows, and takes his leave.