Homoventures Chapter 4, Part 3
- Session date: June 17 2014
- Diablotin date: Spring 2275
<DiablotinNarrator> Abelet Sotiris
<Xandhil> (do we have any idea where to find him? :V)
<DiablotinNarrator> He works at the university in Nys.
<DiablotinNarrator> Sleyght had apparently talked to him somewhat, but thought that he wasn't being completely forthcoming
<DiablotinNarrator> He also stated that because Sotiris was in poor health he had been unable/unwilling to accompany the expedition
<DiablotinNarrator> Basically he was hoping you would talk to him, see if you could get anything else out of him ;)
* Xandhil is pretty good at that sort of thing :V
<Xandhil> '/me also have experience dealing with cagey university professors :V
* Xandhil doesn;t know if we have more details than that though?
<Xandhil> "he works at the university" ids still kind of broad >.>
<DiablotinNarrator> He is somehow affiliated with the museum there - an antiquarian and historian
<DiablotinNarrator> You can certainly find directions to the museum
<Xandhil> (does he have a title - like ...professor or...something?)\
<DiablotinNarrator> (how about 'Director'? or Master is always safe :)
<DiablotinNarrator> You can make your way to the museum - unless there was anything you wanted to do first?
<Xandhil> (I don't think so?)
* Xandhil defiitely wants to look around the museim though!
<DiablotinNarrator> The museum is a sort of dusty, cluttered place - glass cases filled with trinkets, old stone statues standing about, without any obvious sort of order or plan
* Justen gives a bit of a sniff
<Xandhil> well.... its ecclectic
* Xandhil subtly detects magic :V
<DiablotinNarrator> Nothing too major - mainly abjuration, like perhaps alarms on the cases if someone were to open them.
* Xandhil was just curious :3
* Xandhil tries to see if there is anythinghere he may have read about
<DiablotinNarrator> well, you were doing a lot of reading about Psyra :)
<Xandhil> (And I wonder if Xan has ever heard about San's statue adventures :V)
<DiablotinNarrator> (hahah >.>)
* BalthCat (~email@example.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Xandhil chatters at Justen
* ChanServ sets mode: +o BalthCat
<DiablotinNarrator> There are some large statues of hybrid animal-human figures that you are sure you read about before
* Xandhil looks to see if there are any plaques or cards or anythig that say what they are
<DiablotinNarrator> Some little handwritten cards that give what is presumably the name of the place they were found
<DiablotinNarrator> but not a lot of details
<Xandhil> augh, I should know that these are...
<Justen> Are they like... gods or something?
<Xandhil> oh maybe...
* NPC1 is now known as Old_Man
* Old_Man is now known as OldMan
* OldMan who walks with a cane enters the room and notices you looking at the statues
<OldMan> Ah, may I help you?
* Xandhil smiles
<Xandhil> I was just trying to remember what these are...
<OldMan> The zoomorphic or human-hybrid figures are very ancient - perhaps as much as two thousand years old.
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> (FURRIES FOREVER)
<OldMan> While it is impossible to say what they truly represent, I believe they are meant to depict spirits - ancestor-animal spirits.
* Xandhil nods
<OldMan> If you see here...
* OldMan indicates one of the figures, a worn but still recognizable stag-human
* Xandhil looks where indicated
* OldMan is gesturing to the base of the carving
<OldMan> The wavy lines here may indicate that it is not something that stands in our world, so to speak - that it is part of the heavens, or another plane.
<OldMan> Of course, others theorize that these are instances of therianthropy - depicting shapeshifters, or people wearing the garb of animals for some purpose.
* OldMan seems dismissive of that theory
<Xandhil> that's not necesarily contradictory though
<OldMan> But these statues, even larger than a human, seem too ... grand for that. Perhaps it is merely my preconceptions talking, though.
* Xandhil grins at that
<OldMan> I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. Abelet Sotiris - I am the director here.
<Xandhil> Have you ever seen thre hall of the Emperors?
<Xandhil> oh yes!
<OldMan> Many years ago, yes. With the statues of rulers stretching back to the dawn of the Empire.
* OldMan is now known as Sotiris
<Xandhil> Very nice to meet you, sir.
<Xandhil> I'm Xandhìl Orecalo
<Xandhil> and this is Justen Olivier
* Sotiris offers his hand to shake
* Xandhil will shake!
<Sotiris> What brings you to the museum?
* Justen also shakes hands
<Xandhil> (is it Theodore Sleyght?)
<Xandhil> 9I can't fond my logs -_-)
* BalthNote (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #gnomeland
<Xandhil> We're actually members of Theodore Sleyght's expedition
<Sotiris> Ah? I understood that they had departed last week.
<Xandhil> yes, we're suppose to go out and meet them, but we only arrived in Nys last night
* Sotiris nods
<Sotiris> How are you finding the city so far?
<Xandhil> It's very interesting - I always find it striking when I travel - all the different ways that people can live together in such big groups
<Sotiris> If you are staying for dinner, I may strongly recommend Antalya's, if you wish to sample the best of our local delicacies.
<Xandhil> We'll have to try that, thank you.
* Xandhil considers for a moment
<Xandhil> Would you care to join us perhaps? My father is a professor at the castalia, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed if I didn't take the opportunuty for find out more about the university while I was here
<Sotiris> Oh? What is his area of expertise, if I may ask?
<Xandhil> Magical Theory for the most part, but he's done a lot of work on early Imperial History as well
* Sotiris nods
<Sotiris> Well, I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to speak with you, I'm sure. I would be pleased to join you for dinner.
<Xandhil> (San would be put out that he didn't recognize the name ;)
<Xandhil> What time would be good? We haven't been here long enough to learn the local dining customs...
<Xandhil> (Dogs begging me for walkies)
<Sotiris> Perhaps we may meet back here at about 6?
<Sotiris> I prefer to dine a little early these days.
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> that sounds lovely.
<Xandhil> and it will give us plenty of time to look around more :)
<Sotiris> Very well. Until then, M. Orecalo and M. Olivier.
<Xandhil> until then, Director!
* Sotiris nods politely to you both and walks slowly off.
<Sotiris> (if you need to go for walkies we could take a break here?)
* Xandhil grins at Justen after he's gone
<Justen> hot date for dinner? ;)
<Xandhil> Pretty much all professors have a weakness for free food ;)
* Justen laughs at that
<Xandhil> add some winr to the mix - this should be easy :V
<Xandhil> now come on, I want to poke around some more...
* Justen will obligingly follow you around
* Xandhil drags him to some more dusty museum displays until he gets fed up and drags me out into the sunshine, no doubt ;p
<DiablotinNarrator> Did you want to go to dinner, or have your bath first? ^-^
<Xandhil> is justen going to let me *not* take my bath? >.>
* Justen votes bath
* Xandhil will grudgingly go since he was so good about the museum >.>
<Xandhil> that was your plan all along, wasn't it ;p
<Justen> well, after all the dust in there, it'll feel good to wash off.
* Justen takes your hand
* Xandhil sighs, but squeezes your hand
<Justen> I asked people at the party last night and they gave me some good recommendations about the best baths ;)
* Justen will lead the way
<Justen> And - just for you - I'm willing to pay the extra few imps for privacy
<Xandhil> define... "best" >.>
<Xandhil> oh well
<Xandhil> I'm glad I'm worth it ;p
<Justen> hey, that way I get you all to myself
<Xandhil> while we bathe ;p
<Justen> yes ^-^
* Justen brings you to a rather elegant tiled building
<Justen> right here - best baths in Nys, guaranteed.
<Xandhil> It does look very nice....
* Justen leads the way in and exchanges a few words with the attendant who greets you
* Xandhil tries not to look too out of place >.>
* Justen requests a private bath and gets a knowing look back
* Xandhil also tries not to blush >.>
<DiablotinNarrator> Knowing looks aside, an attendant will show you into a small chamber where you can disrobe.
* Justen does so :)
* Xandhil does so more nervously
<DiablotinNarrator> There are some thin white sheets that are there, and wooden sandals
<Justen> Okay, so I got the gist of this last night - we take a sheet that we can wrap ourselves in when we're walking around, and the sandals are because the floor gets hot
* Justen wraps one of the sheets around his waist
<Justen> like this I guess
* Xandhil will try to artfully arrange it and find a pair of sandals that someone else's feet have been in, ew
* Xandhil eyes them dubiously
<Xandhil> do you they they wash those?
<Justen> well they probably get wet a lot.
<Justen> that's like washing...
<Xandhil> if I get like.... warts or soe weird foot growth, I'm blaming you ;p
<Justen> that's fair
* Xandhil will put them on
* Justen then opens the door into the next room once you're both ready
<DiablotinNarrator> The next chamber is fairly small as well, and lined with benches around the walls. This room is really hot, so that you start to sweat immediately on stepping in.
<Justen> So this is the ... relaxation room, or something like that. We sit here for a bit and ... relax, I guess.
<Justen> after this, then we get to the hot bath, and then a cold bath to finish off.
<Justen> And you can get a massage and stuff, but ... I can do that for you ;)
<Xandhil> relax, melt into a muddle, whatever
<Xandhil> is this were're we supposed to make out? ;p
<Xandhil> because it is way too hot and muggy :p
<Justen> well it couldn't hurt.
* Justen chuckles
<Justen> it feels fine to me, but if you say so ;)
<Xandhil> you would
* Justen leans back and stretches
* Xandhil 's hair is all sticking to him all over
* Xandhil tries to wrangle it into a bun
<Justen> I think the idea here is to sweat out all the sweat you possibly can, so you wash it all off after ;)
* Justen smiles at your hair-wrangling efforts
<Justen> you're all rosy and glowing ^-^
* Xandhil sighs
* Xandhil gives in and will lean against you
<Justen> mm :)
* Justen is content to sit here with you for a bit, until you start to get sticky and miserable
<Justen> ready to move on?
* Xandhil says, miserably
* Justen helps you up in case you're dizzy, and will open the door into the next room
* Xandhil is a little
<DiablotinNarrator> The next room is still warm, but not as stifling, because it's larger. It's decorated with beautiful blue and green and white tiles in intricate patterns. There is a pool in the middle that steams slightly.
<Xandhil> the tiles are rerally pretty...
<Justen> I wonder if they heat it with magic
<Xandhil> I dont' have any components on me, so I can't check ;p
* Justen removes his little sheet and leaves it on a bench at the side of the room
* Xandhil 's mouth twitches ibto a smile at that
<Justen> ready to take the plunge? ;)
* Xandhil leaves his sheet with yours
<Xandhil> (and I lie, DM doesn't require components so I can totally check :V)
<DiablotinNarrator> indeed, there are indications of magical enchantments that would serve to warm the water
<Xandhil> (and I will, why not :3)
<Xandhil> it is magic
* Xandhil confirms
* Justen walks carefully down the tiled steps into the pool
<Justen> well, that's nicer than thinking that someone's shoveling coal into a furnace somewhere underneath us I guess
<Xandhil> not too chily for you, I trust ;p
<Justen> this is just about perfect
<Justen> it's the next one that worries me ;)
* Xandhil will get into this one carefully
* Justen stands about chest-deep in the deepest part of the pool
* Justen ducks his head under water to rinse his hair
* Justen comes up dripping prettily ^-^
* Xandhil looks to see if there is anything to wash with or if just water is meant to do the trick
<Xandhil> mmm :)
<Xandhil> this is actally pretty nice
<Xandhil> but nice
<DiablotinNarrator> There is a cabinet beside the benches that looks like it has some supplies
<Xandhil> I didn't think I could get hotter after the lqast one
* Xandhil goes to investigate
<DiablotinNarrator> Some soaps, oils, sponges, a few metal tools like nail file and .. backscratcher you assume?
<DiablotinNarrator> oh probably tweezers, razor, etc.
<DiablotinNarrator> manly grooming tools ;)
* Xandhil brings over a selection
* Justen smiles up at you
* Xandhil sniff tests all the things >.>
<Justen> are you gonna wash my back?
<Xandhil> I'll wash yours, you wash mine? ^-^
<Justen> sounds good :)
* Xandhil brings stuff over and will get back in the water
<Xandhil> is this one okay?
<Justen> mmm.. you look like a pretty little water nymph or something... ;)
* Justen sniffs it as well
<Justen> I approve
<Xandhil> water nymphs can be dangerous you know
* Xandhil says, splasihing you lightly
<Justen> yeah, like genies? ;)
<Justen> ... are there boy water nymphs? or only girls?
<Xandhil> I think only girls?
<Justen> oh well
<Justen> genies can be either, though ^-^
<Justen> so maybe a boy water-genie
<Xandhil> do you have any wishes that need granting? ^-^
* Justen reaches out to draw you closer
<Justen> mm... well first, how about washing my hair for me?
* Justen smiles suggestively
<Xandhil> well that's an easy wish ;p
* Xandhil runs a hand over your head, not trying to go through thr hair, just push it out of your face
<Justen> well don't they say about wishes, the more complicated they are, the more likely something is to screw up? ;)
<Justen> I figured I shouldn't press my luck
<Xandhil> oh well then
<Xandhil> come here
* Justen comes as told
<Xandhil> (is there anywhere to si in the pool?)
<Justen> (around the edges are steps that descend into the pool, you could sit on one and have J sit on the next one down)
* Xandhil gestures for him to do so
* Justen sits obediently
* Xandhil will massage his scalp for a bit, just enjoying the xcozyness and warmth and Justen-ness
* Justen closes his eyes contentedly
* Justen leans back against you as much as he can
<Justen> that's nice...
<Justen> so in our house... when we're filthy rich... want a pool like this? ^-^
<Xandhil> as long as we can afford somoene else to clean it ;p
* Justen chuckles
<Justen> well of course
* Justen twists around a bit and stretches up to kiss you
* Xandhil thinks about playing coy, but doesn't really want to :3
* Xandhil kisses back instead