Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 8

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 8 Next

Summary

Exploring the undercity further, Justen and Xan encounter a rat who turns out to be See, and Raina, as well as recovering some confusing notes that may be Father Willem's.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:


  • Justen will gladly accept some snuggling and hand-holding ^-^
  • Xandhil curls up on you in the pile of furs

[Justen] so...

  • Justen asks drowsily

[Justen] where will we go next? [Xandhil] mmm [Xandhil] maybe the temple, see what's going on there [Xandhil] then maybe the arena [Justen] mm.. nobody seemed too keen on going to the arena when this guy is there ].] [Xandhil] yeah, exactly [Xandhil] it could be dangerous

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] but I want to see the temple first [Justen] okay [Xandhil] see who is there, how things are running [Justen] do you mean you want to go to the arena when the main event is going to happen, or before that? [Xandhil] it could be dangerous too [Justen] I'll protect you ;) [Xandhil] before would be safer [Justen] okay [Xandhil] do you remember what Alma said about Raina? [Justen] uh... she's the seer or something? the crazy one? [Xandhil] yes [Xandhil] she's why it could be dangerous [Xandhil] I don't know if you can protect me from that

  • Xandhil snuggles

[Xandhil] we'll have to ust be careful [NPC2] Even seers don't like a flail to the face. [NPC2] (ww) [Justen] Even seers don't like a flail to the face. [Xandhil] harder to hit 'em when they know its coming ;p [Justen] But I get it. No fighting unless we have to. [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] It's got to be some kind of plan [Xandhil] of his [Justen] right. it sounded like he went with them without a fight, and that seems weird. [Justen] why would be want to be arrested? [Xandhil] I don't know [Xandhil] to get into a certain place [Xandhil] to get a certain kind of attention [Justen] or to a certain person [Xandhil] to have a different kind of access to spoecific people [Xandhil] there are a lot of reasons

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] or to go to the arena and take out a huge crowd of people... that seems to be what folks were suggesting [Xandhil] maybe [Xandhil] but [Xandhil] he could have done that any time [Justen] yeah... [Xandhil] If this has something to do with dreams,,, messing with this place somehow maybe [Xandhil] maybe he needs witnesses [Justen] but maybe it wasn't... I don't know. he's crazy, right? so maybe he was waiting for some certain sign or something. [Xandhil] that's possible [Justen] maybe his god told him to do it [Justen] ... is his god even the same as Rat in our world? [Xandhil] yes and no? [Xandhil] Like Kavreshar [Xandhil] But [Justen] why did I figure that would probably be the answer... [Xandhil] Well [Xandhil] I think that.... they want the same things from people [Xandhil] but have to go about getting them differently [Justen] man, my brain is too tired for complicated shit like that. [Xandhil] go to sleep

  • Xandhil kisses your chest

[Justen] mmhmm [Xandhil] I love you [Justen] I love you too, Stabby ;)

  • Justen kisses your forehead
  • Justen falls asleep easily
  • Xandhil does eventually, now that justen has him Thinking ].]

[Justen] (heh, I got away with 'Stabby', go me ;) [Xandhil] (?) [Justen] (I thought Xan might object to his new nickname ;) [Xandhil] (Oh, i missed it -_-) [@BalthCat] (Stabby "Long Dong" McWinger)

  • Justen wakes up eventually

[Justen] ... is it morning? how can you even tell here? [Xandhil] mmm?

  • Justen scratches and tries to decide if it's time to actually wake up
  • Xandhil is still dozing, curled up on you
  • Justen is happy to relax and snuggle a little longer, but eventually, nature will force him to get up and pee, at least ;)
  • Xandhil will grudgingly follow suit

[Justen] you sure you don't want to hold hands?

  • Justen teases
  • Xandhil sticks out his tongue

[Xandhil] my hands are full :V

  • Justen laughs

[Xandhil] okay, then [Justen] so... temple? [Xandhil] yes [Justen] assuming that we're not totally off-base and it's actually time to be awake [Xandhil] it will probably be fine [Justen] okay [Justen] lead the way, I guess. since I don't know where this thing is. [Xandhil] ... and I do? [Xandhil] we'll figure it out

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] we can ask around [Xandhil] if we need to

  • Xandhil will pack up his stuff

[Xandhil] I don't want to leave things here, just in case [Justen] yeah. I guess anyone probably knows. [Justen] oh, yeah - good call.

  • Justen gathers up his stuff too

[Justen] okay, I'm ready

  • Justen says shortly - it's not like you had time to unpack all that much ;)
  • Xandhil offers you his hand then, and we can head out :3

[DiablotinNarrator] Out in the main room, it's pretty deserted. A different woman, younger than the one from before, is at the bar, but other than that, it's dead. [Xandhil] well... I guess it could be 'early', if there's no one in the bar ].]

  • Xandhil whispers to Justen
  • Xandhil nods her way

[Barmaid] You need anything to eat before you head out?

  • Xandhil looks at Justen

[Justen] I could eat. [Xandhil] hungry? [Xandhil] sure [Justen] anything that's portable, so we can eat while we walk? [Barmaid] I could get you some bread and cheese.

  • Barmaid offers him a flirty smile

[Justen] Sounds good to me :) [Xandhil] sure

  • Xandhil repeats, perhaps a shade more surly
  • Barmaid gets some more of that same flatbread from last night, and some hard, salty cheese for each of you
  • Barmaid collects her fee

[Barmaid] Should we keep the room for you? [Justen] Can you hold it for a while, anyway? I'm not sure when we might be back. [Barmaid] Hey, if you want to pay in advance, we'll hold it as long as you like.

  • Xandhil glances at Justen again, and shrugs

[Xandhil] we may as well, at least for a few cycles [Justen] sure

  • Xandhil catches himself from saying days
  • Justen will add in some extra money for the room, then

[Justen] okay, I'm ready whenever :)

  • Justen says now that he has his food in hand (well, mostly in mouth)
  • Xandhil eyes the barmaid

[Xandhil] Do you know where the rat temple is? [Barmaid] Sure. [Xandhil] we heard Father Willem got arrested, and I wanted to see if it was true

  • Barmaid will give you directions to get there

[Barmaid] Oh yeah.. it's true. [Barmaid] The whole place is shut down, or was anyway. [Xandhil] huh [Xandhil] might not be much worth seeing then [Xandhil] thanks thought

  • Barmaid shrugs and goes back to cleaning
  • Xandhil will head out with justen
  • Justen heads out into the street with you

[Xandhil] okay, yeah, now we are definitely going [Justen] heh [Justen] I figured you didn't really mean it about it not being worth it :)

  • Justen gets oriented and will set off in the direction the girl indicated

[DiablotinNarrator] It's fairly quiet in the undercity today (if it is indeed day in any sense of the word) [DiablotinNarrator] Some people are hanging around in the market area, others look to be headed up above ground, maybe to work or scavenge or who knows what.

  • Xandhil trusts Justen to be the one with more of a feel for the pulse of the place, really

[Justen] It's tense.

  • Justen says quietly as you walk
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] if there was a raid her yesterday, no wonder [Xandhil] (here) [Justen] There's not enough of anything to go around... plus, people here seem like they're constantly expecting someone to kick them.

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] plus we can't be the only ones wondering is something is up [Justen] yeah [DiablotinNarrator] After a bit of wandering around, and one wrong turn, you come to what must be the temple - at least, it's the thing that's all closed up.

  • Xandhil eyes justen

[Xandhil] wanna sneak in?

  • Xandhil asks him quietly

[Justen] Sure

  • Justen is game for that :)
  • Xandhil will lead him off close by then where no one is apparently paying attention
  • Xandhil will cast detect thoughts just in case there is an active mind we can't see first, and if there's nothing after a moment or two of concentration, will cast invisibility sphere

[DiablotinNarrator] Okay, you don't detect any thoughts in there [DiablotinNarrator] You cast the invisibility sphere - how long will that last?) [Xandhil] (i can't remember if it is 1 min/lvl or 10, sec) [Xandhil] (7 min) [DiablotinNarrator] (ok) [DiablotinNarrator] You can get in a side entrance that's half-assedly boarded up [DiablotinNarrator] The temple is quiet inside, and there are no signs of any major disturbance - a bench knocked over, that sort of thing, nothing seriously damaged.

  • Xandhil looks for ways deeper into the complex
  • Justen pokes around too, but sticks close to you

[Justen] (I should probably be having you make listen/move silently/etc checks but... I'm so lazy ].]) [Xandhil] (I'm sure we're playing very close attention ].] I was planning to do dt again if we find a way in ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (fair :) [DiablotinNarrator] After you look around for a little bit, you do find a door covered with tanned skins - little skins, all sewn together... [Xandhil] ... [Justen] o_O

  • Xandhil mouthes 'nice'
  • Xandhil will try dt here ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] No sign of any thoughts from here

  • Xandhil tries DM as well, and will check the door to see if it is otherwise trapped before opening it

[DiablotinNarrator] oh, it's really just a doorway with the skin/cloth hanging in front of it [DiablotinNarrator] but no magic on it, in any case [Xandhil] (oh, well, okay

  • Xandhil will push it aside and continue the dm then ;p
  • Justen sticks with you, looking wary

[DiablotinNarrator] The passage is a narrow, winding tunnel that goes on for quite a ways, mostly downwards

  • Xandhil wishes he had his dads' telepathy -_-
  • Xandhil will be on high alert

[DiablotinNarrator] Eventually, you detect some magic!

  • Xandhil pauses and motions for Justen to hold up
  • Justen pauses too

[DiablotinNarrator] Faint abjuration, just on the corridor itself.

  • Xandhil peers more closely to get a better sense of what it may be

[DiablotinNarrator] a warding spell of some kind? something weak, like Alarm or something, maybe.

  • Xandhil doesn't wanna set off an Alarm...
  • Xandhil will dispell

[DiablotinNarrator] okay - more or less impossible for you to fail that... [DiablotinNarrator] The tunnel gradually opens up into a wider area - possibly another room, or a full dwelling-space beyond

  • Xandhil waves Justen on, then
  • Justen follows along, keeping his hand on his weapon just in case

[DiablotinNarrator] There is a weird smell in this area... something animal, unwashed, rank.

  • Xandhil makes a face, and looks around
  • Xandhil keeps one hand on his belt, close to his sword or his components, as needed...

[DiablotinNarrator] Some furs lying in a pile in one corner - not as nice as the ones you slept on.

  • Xandhil will search?

[DiablotinNarrator] The pile of furs stirs... [DiablotinNarrator] A rat scuttles out [DiablotinNarrator] Your invis. is probably wearing out soon...

  • Xandhil watches it
  • Xandhil can recast, but not silently

[DiablotinNarrator] It's a small-ish black rat, and its nose is twitching as it wanders around [Xandhil] (sec)

  • Xandhil will silednt cast invis on Justen, and then on himself, since he *can* do that (assuming I have time)

[Xandhil] . o O (It smells us -_-) [DiablotinNarrator] The rat comes up towards you, still sniffing, then freezes

  • Justen gives you a look, like "should we?"
  • Xandhil kinda shrugs uncertainly

[DiablotinNarrator] The rat begins to run away, heading for a small (like, rat-sized) hole in the wall

  • Justen looks inclined to go try and stop it if he can
  • Xandhil noids vigorously and will cast halt

[DiablotinNarrator] Is that a beguiler spell? does it just freeze them, or what? [Xandhil] (Sec, I'm double checking ;) [Xandhil] (yes, it is an immediate reaction, and keeps them from moving for a turn) [Xandhil] 9Their feet get stuck to the floor) [DiablotinNarrator] ok [DiablotinNarrator] The rat is immobilized then

  • Justen steps up to grab it as soon as it starts moving again

[Xandhil] (it isn't immobilized, it can't take movement, sorry, should have been clearer) [DiablotinNarrator] (ah, well. it's still not able to run away, anyway, as he goes to grab it) [Xandhil] (fair) [DiablotinNarrator] It can try to bite him I guess ;) [DiablotinNarrator] I imagine the rat's attack bonus is not great though ;) [Xandhil] (hee, yes)

  • Justen just scoops it up and holds it by the tail

[DiablotinNarrator] The rat is freaking out now, flailing around and trying to get away and/or bite him [DiablotinNarrator] Its squeaks are pretty loud, too

  • Justen gives you a 'should I just kill it?' look
  • Xandhil will try casting sleep on it, and if that doens't work, deep slumber

[DiablotinNarrator] Okay, you can send the rat off to sleep [Xandhil] (regular sleep works?) [DiablotinNarrator] yes [Xandhil] (cool)

  • Xandhil sighs

[Xandhil] that'll keep it out for a while anyway.

  • Justen looks relieved that it's stopped trying to bite him

[Justen] should I .. take it with us? [Xandhil] yes, i think so, for now [Justen] okay... [Xandhil] let me know if it starts to wake up? [Xandhil] well

  • Justen puts it in one of his pouches so he doesn't have to carry it
  • Justen leaves its head sticking out so it can breath

[Justen] (+e) [Xandhil] I'd like to know what's down there.... [Xandhil] ahh well, come on

  • Justen will carry on looking around the ... warren? nest? whatever this area is
  • Xandhil as well

[DiablotinNarrator] There's a somewhat higher part of the den where it does seem clear there were (are?) people living here - things like ragged clothes, scraps of paper, that sort of stuff. Several piles of furs that may have been beds.

  • Xandhil looks through the paper scraps

[Justen] It looks like it was all torn up, but there is writing on it - mostly illegible now, only a few fragments of words [Justen] (ww) [Xandhil] (what I should do is DT again, to see if the rat is a person, or just a rat) [Xandhil] (Do I think I could piece any of it back together?) [Xandhil] 9I take it anyway. maybe i can get a mend scroll somewhere ].]) [DiablotinNarrator] It's pretty shredded, and you're sure you don't have all of it - at most you can read a few words here and there. [DiablotinNarrator] (but yes, maybe a Mend could fix it) [DiablotinNarrator] (hah, now I'm wondering if the non-SK written language here is even legible to you... I don't know that it evolved the same as Aveyronnais writing ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (but I'm probably overthinking things ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (a wizard did it ].]) [Xandhil] (well, if anyone has a background for figuring it out..... it is probably San, but Xan will do in a pinch ;) [Xandhil] (and I can always cast CL) [DiablotinNarrator] (yeah) [Xandhil] (I was reading boooks at kalmans!) [DiablotinNarrator] (heh) [DiablotinNarrator] (but wouldn't those be in SK?) [Xandhil] (also presumably it was influenced through Imraen, and though her connection to Diablotin) [DiablotinNarrator] (yeah) [DiablotinNarrator] (This might be some even weirder thing, though... Willem-ese ... ;) [Xandhil] (Indeed, Nothing some spells can't take care of ;) [Xandhil] (magic solves everything, right ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (yeah - worth taking it, definitely)

  • Xandhil will look around and see if there is more to this place or what

[DiablotinNarrator] There is another section - again, blocked off by a curtain of hides

  • Xandhil will dt again

[DiablotinNarrator] oh, I forgot to mention there's also a fire pit in this area you're in now

  • Xandhil doens't want to get caught off guard by another rat sentry

[DiablotinNarrator] with some pots/utensils, but it's been out for a while, it's not still warm. [Xandhil] (Also now I can find out if this is just a rat or what ;) [DiablotinNarrator] There is a mind, yes [DiablotinNarrator] Int... idk, average-ish. maybe 11-12. [Xandhil] (Can I tell if it is the 'rat' or something else?) [DiablotinNarrator] Well, it's a cone-shaped emanation [DiablotinNarrator] you can tell you're looking in the direction of the rat (and justen) when you detect it, but it could be something further away, just still within that cone

  • Xandhil steps around justen ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] okay - when you're past him, it's gone [Xandhil] (And I assume it is not him ;p) [DiablotinNarrator] so... probably the rat, yes [DiablotinNarrator] The surface thoughts are chaotic, scattered... fear and other fear and hunger and anger and more fear... it's racing too fast for you to keep up with every detail, but 'have to tell' and 'going to hurt' and 'get away' and things are high on the list.

  • Xandhil looks to justen

[Xandhil] not just a rat

  • Xandhil says quietly

[Justen] ... [Justen] what should I do with it? [Xandhil] hold on to it if you can [Xandhil] (is it awake, Julie?) [Xandhil] (spell lasts 7 min) [DiablotinNarrator] It's beginning to stir but it's stuck in the bag he put it in

  • Justen makes sure the laces are tied tight to keep it from getting out

[Xandhil] its a rat... it can chew its way out [DiablotinNarrator] At that moment, the bag writhes and then suddenly basically explodes, knocking Justen off-balance as a full-grown person suddenly bursts out of the bag. [Xandhil] also that [Justen] holy shit!

  • Xandhil says, hand going to his sword

[DiablotinNarrator] It's a woman, shadar-kai, naked, looking panicked, backing away from you as fast and far as she can [SKwoman] get out get out get out get out.... [Xandhil] (charm)

  • SKwoman pauses in her frantic efforts to get away

[Xandhil] Calm down - you're safe. [SKwoman] no, no, you don't understand [Xandhil] tell me? [SKwoman] he's gone! [Xandhil] Willem? [SKwoman] nobody's safe [Xandhil] what aren't we safe from? [SKwoman] the Father [Xandhil] what's he going to do? [SKwoman] save us [Xandhil] how? [SKwoman] channel, have to find channel, channel knows [Xandhil] channel? [SKwoman] I keep her safe [SKwoman] but I lost her [Xandhil] what's your name? [Justen] ...see... [Justen] (ww) [SKwoman] ...see... 03* SKwoman is now known as See [Xandhil] See, right. [Xandhil] . o O (ack!) [See] he doesn't tell me [Xandhil] but he's gone to do it? [See] why [See] gone, gone, going away

  • Justen looks alarmed by all this crazy-talk

[Xandhil] where does he want to go? [See] outside

  • See starts shivering all over

[Xandhil] outside what [Xandhil] ...are you okay?

  • See falls onto the ground, hiding her face

[Raina_] That's enough, little rat

  • Raina_ steps out from the room you hadn't investigated yet

[Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] . o O (craaaaap)

  • Raina_ is thin, her hair hanging in long, knotted ropes, her eyes bright with fever-madness
  • Xandhil can proooobably guess who she is

[Raina_] (yeah)

  • Xandhil takes a step back towards justen

[Raina_] (I imagine Alma gave a good description, even if she's now 20-some years older...) [Raina_] you can't change anything now, it doesn't matter

  • Raina_ bends down to stroke See's hair
  • Xandhil 's curiousity fights his 'gtfo' instincts

[Xandhil] what's going to happen? [Raina_] The dream needs a new dreamer. The channel needs to be opened. [Xandhil] That's not a good plan

  • Raina_ laughs

[Raina_] This little land withers without a source of energy, of matter, of life. [Xandhil] there are other options [Xandhil] . o O ( anyone other than Willem, really)

  • Raina_ hums tunelessly, still stroking See as if she was a pet

[Raina_] options, yes... everyone dies, that's one option...

  • Xandhil isn't sure that isn't willem's option :p

[Raina_] we snuff out like a candle when the last wall collapses [Raina_] or we starve slow, knives at each others' throats [Raina_] which option is better?

  • Xandhil shakes his head.

[Xandhil] who is the channel?

  • Raina_ smiles

[Raina_] Who is Channel? [Xandhil] sure [Raina_] Channel is our saviour. [Raina_] Channel is my daughter. [Xandhil] Willem is going to make her the new dreamer?

  • Raina_ nods, humming again

[Xandhil] I'm sure he's told her just what shape to make the world [Raina_] he's taught her well [Xandhil] what did you teach her? [Raina_] how to see

  • See whimpers a little at her 'name'

[Raina_] oh little rat... I should have killed you long ago [Xandhil] . o O (I don't want to think about juuuust how creeoy that could be ]_[) [Raina_] go now

  • Raina_ says without really looking at you

[Raina_] go back where you came from

  • Xandhil glances at Justen

[Raina_] it's better there, and why should you get sucked down with the rest of us?

  • Justen seems perfectly willing to gtfo @_@

[Xandhil] we'll see. [Xandhil] Come on. [Raina_] no... you won't

  • Xandhil holds out a hand to Justen
  • Justen takes it, clutching you tight

[Xandhil] back out to the street

  • Xandhil tells him
  • Justen nods
  • Justen will teleport out, then
  • Xandhil will meet him outside then

[Justen] .... what the everloving fuck was that @_@ [Xandhil] shit [Xandhil] Raina [Justen] I got that part ].] [Xandhil] best I can figure out is... exactly what it sounds like [Xandhil] Willim had a daughter with raina, and he wants to use her to take over the dream [Xandhil] to take Imraen's place [Justen] so getting captured helps him with this crazy-ass plan, somehow? [Xandhil] presumably [Xandhil] I don't know where the girl - Channel - is [Justen] neither did... what's her name... See. [Justen] she seemed upset about it. [Xandhil] no [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] did you get and rat hairs, by any chance? :p

  • Justen checks his bag, or what's left of it

[Justen] yeah, there's a couple here [Xandhil] I rthink See - Ciatha - isn't really in the know too much [Xandhil] well okay, that's good

  • Justen tucks them away more safely

[Justen] ... what do we do, then?

  • Xandhil takes a deep breath

[Xandhil] good question [Xandhil] we could go back, and tell Ilphere [Xandhil] But then I don't know what she could do about it [Justen] we could find Kalman, and tell him [Xandhil] we could do that [Xandhil] that was my next option

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] he's got connections to people who might be able to do something [Justen] maybe he can help us ... I mean, it's not like we have anyone else to turn to right now [Xandhil] but I don't know what

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] come on then [Justen] okay

  • Justen gives your hand another tight squeeze, still a bit shaken up

[Xandhil] you okay? [Justen] yeah, just... too much crazy in one little room. [Xandhil] yweh well [Xandhil] imagine if her daughter gets put in charge of this place :|

  • Xandhil turns to give him a more solid hug

[Justen] yeah.. I really can't see any way that would be good. [Justen] unless her daughter is somehow a whole lot saner than either of her parents. but what are the odds of that?

  • Justen hugs back

[Xandhil] I don't know

  • Justen nods

[Justen] back up we go, then? [Xandhil] yeah [Justen] all right [DiablotinNarrator] You and Justen can make your way back up to the twilit surface...