Homoventures Chapter 1, Part 2

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 1, Part 2 Next

Summary

Xan and Justen help Tai leave his abusive foster parents, fight some wolves, and meet a hunting, Party of Austvagoy elves. They are taken to their encampment, where they meet their shaman, Feoras.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

[DiablotinNarrator] In the morning, you and Justen wake up to find Tai has departed sometime in the night.

  • Justen yawns, stretching.
  • Xandhil snuggles against him

[Justen] Ready for a nice cup of salty butter tea for breakfast? ;) [Xandhil] bleh [Justen] I'm sort of acquiring a taste for it.

  • Xandhil just makes another face
  • Justen chuckles and gets up to get dressed.

[DiablotinNarrator] From downstairs, you hear some commotion, raised voices...

  • Justen looks up, startled.

[Xandhil] crap [Justen] ... we might want to get our stuff together now.

  • Xandhil scowls

[Xandhil] yeah...

  • Xandhil pulls on pants
  • Justen stuffs things hastily away. Fortunately you hadn't unpacked too much.
  • Xandhil sort of flails at his hair in annoyance, gives up, and pulls on a shirt as well, hiding away his wings to facilitcate the procss
  • Justen sighs and braces himself for whatever scene is waiting downstairs.
  • Xandhil straps on his sword and gives Justen a look

[Xandhil] ready? [Justen] Sure.

  • Justen opens the door to your room and heads out.
  • Xandhil follows

[DiablotinNarrator] Downstairs, as might be expected, is the source of the commotion - Berak and his wife and Tai having an argument.

  • NPC1 is now known as Berak
  • Xandhil is preparing a charm person spell, just in case
  • Berak is yelling in Saikhan, which I doubt either of you speak, but the gist of it is pretty clear anyway, thanks to hand gestures and body language and glares...
  • Xandhil yawns
  • Tai_ is mostly just .. glaring, not yelling.

[Xandhil] Good morning to you too

  • Berak cuts off abruptly on seeing you two.

[Berak] You.

  • Xandhil smiles as brightly as he can considering he hasn't been awake long

[Berak] What do you think you're doing, filling his head with stupid ideas! [Tai_] [m] not stupid... [Berak] They will kill him.

  • Berak says bluntly.

[Xandhil] maybe. [Berak] And you too, if you are fool enough to go looking for them. [Xandhil] but that's his choice

  • Tai_ sticks his chin out stubbornly.

[Xandhil] And ours, and anyway, I'm not too worried [Berak] Fine. His choice. But he takes nothing - all he has I gave him, and I will not waste it on idiots. [Xandhil] I thik he's earned what he has [Xandhil] he's given you back plenty

  • Tai_ has a pack and his bow and arrows and some leather armor.

[Xandhil] Really, if you'd given him much at all why would he even bother dreaming about people he doens't even know treating him better.

  • Xandhil sniffs disdainfully

[Berak] Bah!

  • Xandhil looks to him.

[Xandhil] Ready?

  • Tai_ nods.

[Xandhil] Not much to stick around here for [Tai_] Nothing.

  • Tai_ agrees.
  • Xandhil ushers him and justen towards the door
  • Justen heads out with you and Tai.

[Xandhil] ahhh, freedom

  • Tai_ looks around at the village as though seeing it with fresh eyes.
  • Xandhil stretches, and stretches his wings out to their full span once outside

[Tai_] I really hate this place.

  • Tai_ says with mild wonder.

[Justen] Well then, let's put it behind us. [Xandhil] well, possibly homicidal elves can't be much worse a prospect, anyway.

  • Tai_ nods, unexpectedly cheerful at the thought.
  • Tai_ shoulders his pack.
  • Xandhil will try and comb out enough of his tangles with his fingers to braid his hair and put it up for flying

[Justen] Which way are we going? [Xandhil] ummm...

  • Xandhil pulls out the map, eyes him, and then passes it to Tai
  • Tai_ looks it over.

[Tai_] If we want to find elves, they mostly travel along the edge of the desert, I think. [Xandhil] okay [Xandhil] we're not close enough to get there today, I'm guessing? [Tai_] No... it will be a few days, anyway. I've never travelled as far as that. [Xandhil] well... adventure ^-^

  • Tai_ nods, smiling.

[Justen] So, that way, then. [Xandhil] annnd..

  • Xandhil pokes Justen in the side

[Justen] Hm? [Xandhil] Now you wont be lonely ;p [Justen] Oh, very funny :p [Justen] Show-off.

  • Xandhil makes a face back, but flaps his wings to lift off the ground
  • Tai_ is impressed!

[Tai_] They actually work :o

  • Xandhil rolls his eyes, and will gain more altitude
  • Tai_ leads the way out of town, since he does know this area very well at least.
  • Xandhil will follow along flying, but will eventully get tired/lonely and rejoin the others ;)
  • Tai_ also has the advantage of being able to keep you well supplied with small game, so you're not subsisting solely on dried food and the gruel from Justen's magic spoon.

[DiablotinNarrator] I forget if Xan eats meat ;) [Xandhil] (I think he does, just not in large quantities) [DiablotinNarrator] ok [DiablotinNarrator] well... gruel with maybe some dried fruit and bits of rabbit ;) [Xandhil] (Yum!) [DiablotinNarrator] In the evening, you make your camp and can learn more about just how cosy your tent is with three people in it ;) [Xandhil] (yay!) [DiablotinNarrator] (answer: cosy verging on too small ;) [Xandhil] (hrm... we'll have to squish... very close @_@)

  • Tai_ does not seem to mind even a little @_@
  • Xandhil will probably have to pack in the wings though, bah
  • Tai_ is in fact quite eager to learn more ^-^
  • Xandhil is happy to teach >:D
  • Justen too ;)

[Xandhil] (what are these elves called again?) [DiablotinNarrator] (Austvagoy is what the humans call them, anyway.) [Xandhil] I wonder what the Austvagoy think of guys who fuck guys... [Tai_] I... never really thought about that.

  • Tai_ looks a bit worried.

[Xandhil] I guess we'll find out...

  • Tai_ nods.

[Xandhil] maybe they all do it

  • Xandhil fantasizes sleepily
  • Tai_ laughs at that.

[Xandhil] go off on hunting parties that devolve into hot, earlicking, ass fucking orgies [Tai_] Well if they're going to hate me for being half-human, maybe they'll at least think I'm cute and it'll balance out. [Xandhil] Just tell 'em its the human half that really good in bed. [Justen] They wouldn't get much hunting done that way. [Xandhil] mmm, maybe that's what the women are for [Justen] unless they set traps I guess.

  • Xandhil suggests sleepily
  • Justen is overthinking this ;)
  • Xandhil pats his ass

[Xandhil] you're not thinking about the right bit of this [Justen] oh right. the orgies? [Xandhil] yeah

  • Justen grins at that.

[Justen] Sounds sort of like hunting trips at home, really. [Justen] You notice no one ever actually brings back anything they killed? ;) [Xandhil] my parents don't do hunting trips [Xandhil] They just tell us to get lost for a few hours :p [Justen] oh, right. Your father doesn't believe in killing ;) [Xandhil] yeah... [Xandhil] I think Mom and Dad just don't bother with silly cover stories, because everyone fucks, and whatever [Justen] To be fair, mine don't really do hunting either. I think Dad gets enough bloodshed in day to day work :p [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] Do you know if Dez is working for your dad? [Justen] And it's not really Mom's thing at all - she likes being comfortable waaay too much ;) [Justen] huh? [Justen] Dez like your little brother Dez? [Xandhil] yes that dez, sneaky clove smoking always appearing out of nowhere knowing way more than he should... [Xandhil] Dez. [Justen] Uh... I don't think Dad would take him so young. I mean, I think he might want to, but Dad would say no. [Xandhil] ahh well, maybe I am imagining things >.> [Justen] I'm sure he would. [Xandhil] (How old is Dez?) [Xandhil] (15 or 16?) [Justen] (uh.. if you are 22, then Dez would be 15? he's 7 years younger) [Xandhil] (right) [Xandhil] yeah, probably.

  • Xandhil still sounds kind of skeptical

[Justen] Do you want me to ask him about it? [Justen] Dad, I mean, not Dez. [Xandhil] I don't think he could really tell you if he was [Justen] Well... no, probably not. [Justen] But he drops hints sometimes :p [Justen] When he wants you to know something but doesn't want to tell you. [Xandhil] Yeah... [Xandhil] See, Dez does that too, but more because he thinks he is being clever and cryptic, and maybe he forgets that some of us really are older and smarter :p [Justen] Yeah...

  • Justen nuzzles your neck.

[Xandhil] My father probably knows, anyway, if it is true, and that's probably good enough. [Xandhil] mmm :) [Justen] Don't get cranky now ;) [Xandhil] I'm not cranky!

  • Xandhil protests

[Justen] Not yet ;) [Xandhil] well they're all a million miles away and not my problem anyway, so I won't be cranky if you can keep me happy ^-^

  • Justen gives you more kisses to forestall any potential crankiness that might be building
  • Xandhil is happy to be distracted
  • Tai_ is happy to watch ^-^

[DiablotinNarrator] No further events that night, except perhaps some sexy sextimes :) [Xandhil] (woohoo!) [DiablotinNarrator] The next few days pass similarly, for the most part. You journey through the tundra, which is a bit squishy in places since it's actually above freezing this time of year. You see wildlife, but mostly at a distance or skewered by one of Tai's arrows.

  • Xandhil flies over the squishy bits

[DiablotinNarrator] By the fifth day out, it is starting to seem more desert-y. The sparse vegetation is getting even sparser, the ground is getting drier and dustier... [Tai_] Now is when we probably have to start being careful about water.

  • Tai_ suggests.
  • Xandhil keeps his eyes open for signs of life

[Xandhil] oh, right.... [Xandhil] I have some extra waterskins in my bag, at least, we can bring a fair amount of extra if we can find somewhere to fill them up

  • Tai_ nods.

[Tai_] There are supposed to be some spots with water, oases, I suppose the Austvagoy know them. We might have luck finding them if we can find one of those. [Xandhil] yeah, I keep thinking I see lakes or something in the dust from above, but it is just the sun on the sand. [Xandhil] I guess a real one would have more vegetation and stuff, maybe more wildlife [Xandhil] I'll keep an eye out [DiablotinNarrator] You make your camp that night in a bit of a hollow below some low hills that might hopefully provide a bit of shelter from the wind, which is very cold here. [DiablotinNarrator] Make a Listen check please [Xandhil] (That was quick!) [DiablotinNarrator] and I'll roll for Tai and Justen [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+6

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 19 ].

[Xandhil] !roll 1d20+7

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 13 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+4

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 17 ].
  • Xandhil can't hear over his teeth chattering?
  • Tai_ hears it first, then.

[Tai_] Wolves.

  • Tai_ says, sitting up in the tent.

[Xandhil] what?

  • Xandhil sits up from being snuggled for warmth

[Tai_] [q] we need to get ready in case they decide we're food. [DiablotinNarrator] (let's get onto infrno ;) [Justen] (I have no pretty backgrounds, but we can imagine :) [Xandhil] (heh) [insert fight with wolves here]

  • Xandhil finishes off the sleeping/unconsious wolves with his longsword

[Xandhil] (its pretty keen ^-^)

  • Tai_ retrieves as many of his arrows as he can

[Xandhil] is everyone okay? [Justen] A bit hurt...

  • Xandhil asks, taking out his wand

[Xandhil] well, come here then...

  • Justen does

[Tai_] I'm all right. [Xandhil] you want my wand, baby? ^-^

  • Xandhil makes lewd gestures

[Justen] Yes please ^-^ [Justen] make it feel better [Xandhil] you know I like to give it to you, feels so good ^-^

  • Xandhil will see if he can actually get it to work

[Xandhil] @_@ [Xandhil] 1d20+14 [Xandhil] (hah) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+14

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 18 ].

[Justen] (believe you need a 20?) [Xandhil] (yeah)

  • Xandhil coughs

[Xandhil] Perhaps it needs some warming up first ^-^ [Justen] (but you can try again as long as you don't roll a 1 ;) [Justen] I hear that happens to everyone sometimes ^-^ [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+14

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 31 ].

[Xandhil] bwa ha ha! [Justen] Not to me, obviously... ooh, better :) [Xandhil] !roll 1d6+3

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d6+3 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 9 ].

[Justen] Much better [Xandhil] mmm

  • Justen isn't quite 100%, but he does seem much improved.
  • Xandhil kisses him

[Xandhil] there, more better [Justen] :) [Justen] What about you, that bite looks sore.

  • Xandhil is looking a little mauled himself though, and eyes the wand

[Xandhil] yeah....

  • Xandhil pokes it, winces

[Xandhil] lemme see [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+14

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 30 ].

[Xandhil] !roll 1d6+3

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d6+3 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 7 ].

[Xandhil] tah-dah!

  • Justen smiles.

[Xandhil] "blah blah blah, magical theory, why would you want to study that, its so dull.." [Xandhil] ^-^

  • Xandhil flourishes the wand and puts it away back in his bag for safekeeping
  • Justen gives your ass a little squeeze.

[Justen] All right, mister magic wand - back to bed with us, I think. [Xandhil] do you think they'll come back? [Xandhil] Or did we scare them off?

  • Xandhil asks as we climb back inside

[Tai_] I think the winter wolf was their leader - without her I don't think they will dare. [Xandhil] good [Xandhil] sleepy

  • Xandhil collapses back into bed after wiggling out of his sword belt
  • Justen snuggles you up and keeps you warm

[Justen] (you both, really ;) [Xandhil] (yaay!) [DiablotinNarrator] On the following day, you can survey the scene a bit more clearly. [Tai_] Winter wolf pelts can be worth a lot... maybe we should take it. [Xandhil] sure [Xandhil] I dn't know anything about skinning, but if you do...

  • Justen shrugs

[Tai_] Yes, I can do that. [Xandhil] knock yourself out [Xandhil] maybe we can trade it [Xandhil] when we find the Austvagoy

  • Tai_ will take the time to skin the white wolf, then

[DiablotinNarrator] The fur *is* very white and pretty [DiablotinNarrator] All right, you can proceed onwards, looking for anything that looks like an oasis.

  • Xandhil pets it
  • Xandhil will scout from above :3

[DiablotinNarrator] Make a Spot check. [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+6

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 16 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] OK, around mid-afternoon you can spot a patch of vegetation that looks promising

  • Xandhil flies back down to tell the others

[Xandhil] should I try and get closer? [Justen] Sure... we'd see them if they were around, wouldn't we?

  • Justen asks Tai

[Tai_] I don't really know. I imagine they are good at hiding if they don't want to be seen... [Xandhil] okay [Xandhil] well if I see anything I'll come back, I guess [Xandhil] other than just water [Justen] Be careful.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil takes to the air again and will approach the oasis more closely

[Xandhil] (is it possible from where we are coming toi put the sun behind me at all? [DiablotinNarrator] You approach the spot, which is more of a sort of muddy puddle than a translucent pool, surrounded with some drab grey-green thorny bushes. [Xandhil] hmm. :/ [DiablotinNarrator] (um... probably not, no, if it's afternoon it would be in the west.)

  • Xandhil will land and wait for the others, then, if there is no sign of anyone else around

[DiablotinNarrator] As you are waiting, an arrow zips by your head, much closer than you would really have liked @_@ [Xandhil] woah!

  • Justen hears your shout and starts running.
  • Xandhil whirls around to the direction it came from

[DiablotinNarrator] It came from the general direction of the oasis, but.. you can make a Spot check [Xandhil] 1d20+6 [Xandhil] (bah) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+6

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 12 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't see anyone. [Xandhil] how close am I? [DiablotinNarrator] say... 50 ft maybe? [DiablotinNarrator] if that seems reasonable? [DiablotinNarrator] for how close you would have gotten

  • Xandhil will try to detect thoughts

[Xandhil] (60 foot cone) [DiablotinNarrator] right [DiablotinNarrator] OK, you detect there are minds present. 4 of them. Int scores ranging from, oh, 10 to 15. [Xandhil] (how close is Justen?) [DiablotinNarrator] probably still 100 ft away

  • Tai_ is also coming closer, fwiw

[DiablotinNarrator] Are you holding still until they reach you?

  • Xandhil will also use tongues if he senses any other thought in unfamiliar languages

[DiablotinNarrator] oh right, will saves ;) [Xandhil] (yes, unless I get a sense that someone is taking aim again...) [DiablotinNarrator] what's the DC? [Xandhil] (I don't know, since it is an innate power...) [DiablotinNarrator] ahh, right [DiablotinNarrator] we might need to know that ;) [DiablotinNarrator] I would treat it like a spell you can cast I guess. [Xandhil] yeah, it explains under the SLA section [DiablotinNarrator] *nod* [Xandhil] so it is... dc 17 [DiablotinNarrator] ok [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+2

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 3 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+4

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 14 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+5

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 16 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+7

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 14 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] aaand nobody makes it [Xandhil] (your minds beloing to meeee!) [DiablotinNarrator] Yes, it is an unfamiliar language.

  • Xandhil will use tongues then, so he can comprehend @_@

[Xandhil] (for most of the next hour, anyway) [DiablotinNarrator] They are mainly thinking about whether you pose a threat, whether they should shoot at you again and try to make you go away, how many of you are there, what are you, etc.

  • Xandhil will call out in... whatever language then

[Xandhil] [l]: Hello!

  • Berak is now known as Archers

[Archers] .... [Xandhil] [l] We dlon't mean any harm - we just want to fill out waterskins, and maybe trade [Xandhil] [l] err, *our* waterskins

  • Xandhil stumbles over the unfamiliar words
  • Archers stand up cautiously then, so you can see them, but they have their bows drawn and ready if you turn out to be threats.

[Xandhil] (are they elllllves? ^-^) [Xandhil] [l] Can we come closer? [DiablotinNarrator] It is a group of four elves, three male, one female. They're dressed in hides and furs, and have designs painted on their faces that helped them blend into the terrain.

  • Archers is now known as Elf

[Elf] [l] Slowly.

  • Xandhil nods, looking behind him to see how close Justen and Tai are
  • Justen and Tai are about 30 feet away by now

[Xandhil] take is slow, guys... [Xandhil] it

  • Justen slows to a walk, then.
  • Xandhil waits for them to catch up, and will also walk, looking as harmless as he can
  • Tai_ makes sure his bow is visibly lowered.
  • Elf watches you warily.

[Xandhil] [q] well - found some!

  • Tai_ looks nervous, but also excited.

[Justen] [w] does the girl get involved in the assfucking orgies too ;)

  • Justen asks as he finally reaches you.
  • Xandhil rolls his eyes
  • Justen puts a hand on your back, though, and you can tell he's relieved you're ok.
  • Xandhil doesn't really know what the etiquette here
  • Xandhil approaches

[Elf] [l] What are you?

  • Elf is one of the men, seems to be the designated spokesman for the group.

[Xandhil] [l] travellers. [Elf] [l] Traders? [Xandhil] [w] he wants to now what we are - I hate that question :p [Xandhil] [l] we have some things for trade, yes!

  • Elf waves his hand in what might be a welcoming, or at least non-threatening, gesture.

[Xandhil] [l] thank you! [Elf] [l] We have no slaves if that's what you're after. [Xandhil] [l] Oh, no. [Xandhil] [w] he was asking if we were after slaves, and if we have anything to trade

  • Justen nods, listening to your translation.

[Xandhil] [l] We're explorers, that's all.

  • Xandhil isn't sure how the word exactly translates, but he'll go with it

[Elf] [l] Ah. You aren't humans?

  • Xandhil shakes his head

[Xandhil] [w] he aslked if we're humans. I'm telling him no. [Xandhil] [l] No. [Justen] [q] Sure... all together we're about one human total, I guess. [Elf] [l] All right. We can talk of trade, then.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] They're willing to trade... [Elf] [l] We are just hunters, though. For trade, you need to come to the camp. [Xandhil] [l] they want us to go to their camp!

  • Xandhil smiles, excited
  • Tai_ looks excited too

[Xandhil] (that was [w] ;p) [DiablotinNarrator] (I figured :) [Xandhil] [l] thank you, that would be great! [Xandhil] [l] Is it far? [Elf] [l] We will be there by the sunset.

  • Xandhil nods

[Elf] [l] You will speak with our leaders, and they will decide what is to be done. [Xandhil] [l] my language spell will wear off by then - I have others, but they are not as good, and I have to touch whoever I am speaking to. But I can use this again tomorrow. [Elf] [l] Ah.. I wondered how you knew our language. Most outsiders do not.

  • Xandhil nods

[Elf] [l] But our leaders know the human language, some, if you know that. [Xandhil] [l] I learn quickly... but not that quickly.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] [l] Which human language? [Elf] [l] Of the warm-land savages, to the south.

  • Xandhil wonders if he means the language of Kholm, or just common

[DiablotinNarrator] (I will assume you're talking as you walk by this point ;)

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil eyes Tai

[Xandhil] [l] That will be fine.

  • Tai_ has his hood pulled up which is probably obscuring his features, fwiw.

[Xandhil] [w] You speak Saikhan, right? he says their leaders speak some human, but I don't know if they mean that or common :p [Tai_] [w] yes, I know it... if that's all they speak, then I can translate for you.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Elf seems disinclined to much further conversation, so you walk, the group of hunters keeping wary eyes on you the entire way.

[Xandhil] [w] so much for orgies :/ [Justen] [w] Maybe that's later. [Xandhil] [w] We'll just have to start our own ;p

  • Xandhil eyes Tai

[Xandhil] [w] nervous? [Tai_] [w] Yes... I don't know if they know yet what I am.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] [w] Stick close to Justen - if anything happens, he can get you out, and we can meet back up.... where? [DiablotinNarrator] It is around nightfall when you arrive at the camp. It is clearly a nomadic group, not a permanent village, you'd guess there are perhaps 30-40 people there all told, including the children, who peer out at you curiously from tents. [DiablotinNarrator] (oops, sorry)

  • Xandhil eyes Justen, whose teleport is not limited to self only

[Justen] [w] Uh... how far do we want to go? [Xandhil] [w] Does it matter? [Justen] [w] Like, back to Gsran far? [Xandhil] [w] sure. [Justen] (er, not Gsran, that was the other crap-ass village ;) [Justen] (Sambhal :) [Xandhil] [w] the nice inn? With the good beer? [Xandhil] [w] the last good beer in the empire....

  • Justen gives a little laugh.

[Justen] All right.

  • Xandhil nods then

[Xandhil] but, we'll be fine.

  • Justen nods.

[Justen] ok, now you ready to arrive? :)

  • Xandhil says reassuringly as we enter the camp, around nightfall ;)

[Justen] (that was ooc ;) [Xandhil] (hee, yes)

  • Xandhil waves at there children
  • Elf leads you into the middle of the encampment. Your spell has worn off by now but he says something that seems to be an announcement, as people sort of murmur and some hustle off.

[DiablotinNarrator] A male elf, strongly built and looking to you like he might be middle-aged or so (although it's hard to tell), blond haired and wearing some nicer furs than the rest as well as a couple of arm bands, emerges from one of the tents and looks you up and down.

  • Elf talks to him for a few moments - showing respect, you would say, so this guy must be someone important.
  • Xandhil tries to look polite?
  • Elf is now known as Chief

[Chief] (let's call him that for now ;) [Xandhil] (hee)

  • Chief looks you all up and down.

[Xandhil] (oh, did we get to fill out waterskins? ^-^) [DiablotinNarrator] sure ;) [Chief] You trade?

  • Chief says in heavily accented Aveyronnais.

[Xandhil] . o O (whew) [Xandhil] We have a few things... [Xandhil] Tai?

  • Tai_ pulls out the pelt of the white wolf.

[Xandhil] its, uh... only a little singed >.>

  • Chief steps up and touches it.

[Chief] You kill this? [Xandhil] Yes.

  • Xandhil hopes that is not a bad thing?
  • Chief looks mildly impressed, perhaps?

[Xandhil] . o O (whew again!) [Chief] What you want? [Xandhil] well... [Xandhil] We're explorers

  • Xandhil says, gesturing at himself and Justen

[Xandhil] We are looking for information, about a place in the desert

  • Chief ... may or may not have understood that
  • Xandhil waits to see how that goes over before elaborating
  • Xandhil offer his hand, palm up

[Xandhil] It would be easier to talk, with magic...

  • Chief looks at you quizzically, but puts his hand out.
  • Xandhil will cast comprehend languages

[Xandhil] There, now we can understand each other better.

  • Xandhil casts it on the chief, easier that way

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, I was going to say)

  • Xandhil repeats his earlier statement

[Chief] Ah. [DiablotinNarrator] (so he understands you, but still can't speak your language well)

  • Xandhil will cast it on himself as well ;p

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh) [Chief] What place in the desert are you looking for? [Xandhil] (plain of glass)

  • Chief frowns at that.

[Chief] ... For a fur? No. I cannot make that trade. [Xandhil] What would it take? [Chief] You need to speak with our elder, and our shaman. They know about these things more than a warrior does. [Xandhil] (sec) [Chief] (k) [Xandhil] (Sorry, David just got back from Avengers) [Chief] (*nod* [Xandhil] Could we speak with them? [Chief] ...It is late. And I should talk with them first. But perhaps, if they are willing...soon.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil looks back at Tai, questioning
  • Tai_ shifts nervously.
  • Tai_ takes a step closer to Justen and takes off his hood, letting them see him properly.
  • Chief looks at him more carefully.

[Chief] Half-breed? [Xandhil] well at least half >.>

  • Chief looks less than thrilled with that, but doesn't immediately try to kill him, at least?

[Xandhil] We found him with the humans... but he doens't belong there. [Chief] He doesn't belong anywhere. [Xandhil] . o O (Someone should have thought of that :p)

  • Xandhil shrugs
  • Chief lets go of your grip and turns to walk away without further ado.

[Tai_] [w] Was that... bad? [Xandhil] Ennnh.... [Xandhil] it was ambivalent :/ [Tai_] [w] I thought they should know sooner rather than later... should I have waited? [Xandhil] I don't know if it would have mattered.

  • Tai_ nods glumly.

[Justen] So... we just wait here, then? [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] I was going to ask if we could camp with them but...

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Justen] Well, they're not stopping us... [Xandhil] true [Justen] Let's just set things up, they can complain if they don't like it.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Justen begins getting things set up, then, towards the edge of the encampment.
  • Xandhil will help set up the tent and such, but again put his wings away when we catully go inside

[Xandhil] so.... [Xandhil] they're elves, they don't sleep. They probably have some kind of meditation but... do we want to all just crash out or not? [Justen] Probably someone should stay awake, in case? [Xandhil] yeah :/

  • Justen doesn't specify in case of what...

[Xandhil] we can take turns

  • Justen nods.

[Xandhil] I'll go first? [Justen] Sure. [Xandhil] then I'll wake you up

  • Justen and Tai settle down to sleep then, leaving you on watch.

[Xandhil] since I can probably manage it without burning down half the camp ;p [Justen] :p [Xandhil] ^-^ [Xandhil] You're just so hot, baby [Xandhil] rrowr [Justen] mm, you know it.

  • Justen says sleepily.
  • Justen curls up around Tai.
  • Xandhil scoots over in the tend so he can sit up by justen's head while he falls asleep
  • Xandhil pets them to sleep :3

[DiablotinNarrator] You sit up, waiting and bored. The noises of the camp grow more quiet, and you think people are probably resting, meditating, whatever they do exactly.

  • Xandhil will try and read...

[DiablotinNarrator] (just looking something up, sec :) [Xandhil] ('kk) [DiablotinNarrator] After about a couple of hours, you think, you hear a voice in your head. "The three of you, come to the white tent now and I will speak with you." [Xandhil] ...

  • Xandhil peeks out

[DiablotinNarrator] No one is visible in the immediate vicinity.

  • Xandhil wonders if it is a message spell and thinks back "Give me a minute to wake them up?"
  • Xandhil will start to get Justen up
  • Justen stirs, grumpy at being wakened.
  • Xandhil snuggles him a little also totally not jealous of how he is cuddling Tai :3

[Justen] mmm... [Xandhil] [w]get up sleepy head, we have a meeting

  • Justen forces himself awake, then.

[Justen] With who?

  • Xandhil pokes Tai awake

[Xandhil] dunno [Xandhil] someone in the white tent [DiablotinNarrator] (it was a man's voice, fwiw, and speaking Aveyronnais) [Xandhil] maybe its orgy time ;p

  • Tai_ rubs his eyes sleepily.

[Justen] Tell him we'll have the orgy in the morning :p [Xandhil] [w]come on, and be quiet, we're sneaking into some guys tent ^-^

  • Tai_ nods, no idea what's going on, but awake now.
  • Xandhil kisses Justen's head

[Xandhil] [w] I'll make it up to you later

  • Justen smiles blearily at that, and stretches.
  • Xandhil leans out of the way, and scoots back out to the tent entrance, scanning for the white one

[DiablotinNarrator] You make your way quietly through the camp, looking for the white tent. You are able to locate it without too much difficulty - it's off towards the far edge of the campsite, a bit away from the others.

  • Justen glances to you.

[Justen] [w] You go first, he invited you :p

  • Xandhil shrugs and slips sneakily inside
  • Justen follows, and Tai goes last.
  • Xandhil looks around

[DiablotinNarrator] Inside, the air of the tent is close, scented with some sort of smoke or incense you don't recognize. An elven man, slim and blond-haired (like most of the people in this group, it seems) sits by a small brazier, his tattooed face illuminated by its light.

  • Chief is now known as Shaman

[Shaman] Thank you for coming.

  • Shaman speaks Aveyronnais relatively well, it seems.

[Xandhil] uh, of course :o [Xandhil] (everyone looks like Xan? ^-^) [DiablotinNarrator] heh... their skintone is darker, and hair more towards yellow/honey blond I think - he is more fair?

  • Xandhil is not currently winged, because tents+sneaking man, fuck that

[DiablotinNarrator] I made a Gaia ;) [Xandhil] (ooooh?) [DiablotinNarrator] if you want a visual aid ;) [Xandhil] (whereat?) [DiablotinNarrator] I can send [Xandhil] :D [Xandhil] (or just toss him on infrno) [DiablotinNarrator] (send on imo) [DiablotinNarrator] oh that would work too I suppose [Xandhil] (got him) [DiablotinNarrator] I put him and chiefy-boy up on infrno anyway :) [Xandhil] (cool) [DiablotinNarrator] I guess the shaman's hair is closer to light brown. anyway :) [Xandhil] What did you want from us? [Shaman] To talk. To weigh your intentions. [Xandhil] ...is this an official visit, then? [Shaman] No. [Shaman] What are you called? [Xandhil] I'm Xandhil [Justen] Justen. [Tai_] Tai...

  • Tai_ says shyly.

[Shaman] Feoras.

  • Shaman is now known as Feoras
  • Xandhil smiles

[Feoras] You - you hide your true form?

  • Feoras asks you, Xan.

[Xandhil] only when its crowded... [Xandhil] (how biigs is this tent?) [DiablotinNarrator] pretty spacious if he's the only one who lives here

  • Xandhil lets 'em back out then :D

[DiablotinNarrator] you would have room for your wings if you want, as long as you're careful

  • Xandhil be's careful
  • Feoras nods, looking you over.

[Feoras] I have never seen one of you. [Feoras] Only the tales. [Xandhil] tales?

  • Xandhil asks, interested

[Feoras] Of the angels. [Feoras] Is that what you are? [Xandhil] My ... One of my parents.

  • Feoras nods.

[Feoras] Interesting.

  • Xandhil leaves that one verb free @_@

[Xandhil] (and gender free!) [Xandhil] I have a sister - she's the only other one like me I even know about. [Feoras] And you...

  • Feoras says, turning to Justen.

[Feoras] You have fire within you. [Justen] I... suppose so.

  • Justen admits warily.
  • Feoras looks at him more carefully, then nods, turning his attention to Tai.
  • Xandhil squeezes Justen's hand when the Shaman is distracted

[Feoras] Half in one world, half in another, belonging to neither, hm? [Tai_] I .. would like to belong. If that's even possible. [Feoras] Many things are possible. Thyis will not want you here, though. [Xandhil] That's the chief? [Feoras] The head of the warriors - he is powerful, but not the only strong voice here.

  • Xandhil asks instead of making snide remaks on the overratedness of belonging >.>
  • Xandhil nods

[Feoras] Borzya is our eldest, and she will carry much weight, as do I. [Xandhil] what's she like? [Feoras] She is... difficult. Her mind is not sharp any longer, but she is still the grandmother of many.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] . o ( Old @_@) [Feoras] If you can convince her of your good intentions, though, she can be a strong ally. [Xandhil] okay...

  • Xandhil eyes Tai
  • Tai_ nods, listening.

[Feoras] As for me, it is not me you must convince, but my spirits. [Xandhil] Your spirits?

  • Feoras nods.

[Xandhil] how do we do that? o_O [Feoras] I can take you there if you are willing. [Xandhil] and... what do we need to convince hem *of*?

  • Feoras smiles.

[Feoras] That you are worthy of being trusted with the information you seek. [Xandhil] ahh, okay.

  • Xandhil says, confident of that

[Xandhil] I think we're willing.

  • Xandhil glances over at Justen

[Justen] What does it involve, exactly? [Justen] Is it dangerous? [Feoras] I will give you something to drink - a potent mixture. It will bring you into the spirit realm with me. I will remain with you, so you will not become lost, and I will bring you safely back.

  • Justen nods then.

[Xandhil] cool :o

  • Tai_ looks wide-eyed and nervous, but nods as well.

[Xandhil] do we just talk to them there? [Feoras] You may be tested. I cannot say what you will face with certainty. [Xandhil] alright. [Xandhil] when? [Feoras] Now, if you wish.

  • Xandhil looks at the other two

[Xandhil] Well, I'm game :) [Justen] Sure. I wasn't planning to get back to sleep tonight anyway. [Tai_] All right...

  • Xandhil shoves Justen lightly

[Justen] What? [Xandhil] nothing ;p [Justen] Hmph. [Xandhil] grump. [Xandhil] .o O (<3)

  • Feoras has a pitcher of... something... which he takes and pours liquid from, into three clay cups.
  • Feoras hands one to each of you.

[Xandhil] Just drink it? All in one go?

  • Xandhil remembers the whatever it was called from Tai's inn

[Feoras] As long as you drink it all, it does not matter - you may sip or gulp, as you wish ;)

  • Xandhil nods, picking it up, and sniffs it @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] You can smell herbs and ... you're pretty sure piss @_@

  • Justen also looks wary after a sniff.

[Xandhil] D: [Xandhil] (Mushroooooms :V) [DiablotinNarrator] (damn straight ;) [Xandhil] err, right then D: Session Time: Wed May 09 00:00:00 22

  • Xandhil will try and drink it down all in one go without gagging D: D: D:

[Xandhil] . o O (Please don't be some awful Austvagoy trick....) [DiablotinNarrator] oddly, not as bad as you might have expected? salty, kind of like herbal broth of some sort? at least you can get it down quickly.

  • Justen also chugs his down as quickly as he can.
  • Tai_ sips, wrinkles his nose, sips again, then decides to just get it over with @_@
  • Feoras takes back the cups when you're finished.

[Feoras] It will take a little while before it works... [Xandhil] So, how long does it take to work>? [Xandhil] okay [Feoras] It depends on your body... for you, perhaps more quickly. [Xandhil] oh >.> [Feoras] Don't worry too much - I gave you a little less.

  • Feoras says with a hint of a smirk.

[Xandhil] . o O (Well at least I'm not father.... but he would probably keep it from working by sheer willpower)

  • Xandhil smirks back, but mostly at the idea of his father taking drugs

[Xandhil] I can take it. [Feoras] Can you. [Xandhil] I guess we'll see :) [Feoras] Mmm. [Feoras] Yes, we shall. [Feoras] You might want to lie down, you will become dizzy first.

  • Xandhil looks back over at Justen, wondering if he got more, and if it will work on him at all

[Xandhil] there see, you might get back to sleep afterall ^-^

  • Justen doesn't need much encouragement to stretch out on his back
  • Xandhil also lies down, resisting the urge to curl up beside him after eyeing the Shaman who is looking a little more forboding now
  • Tai_ lies back, still looking nervous.
  • Xandhil lies on his front for comfort, head on his arms

[DiablotinNarrator] Xan, the first thing you notice is that the ground underneath you feels... spongy, soft, gently waving up and down. [DiablotinNarrator] You can certainly see how it would make you dizzy if you tried to stand up, but lying down, it's really not so bad - sort of interesting.

  • Xandhil turns from watching Justen to watching the ground

[DiablotinNarrator] Your limbs feel heavy, almost swollen, tight, hard to move. [Xandhil] . o O (Or maybe I'll just keep watching the pretty sleep....) [DiablotinNarrator] But that passes before too long, and then you feel lighter. [Justen] [m] floaty.

  • Xandhil sits up, experimentally

[DiablotinNarrator] You are able to sit up, but, looking back down, you can still see yourself on the ground. [DiablotinNarrator] Some sort of silvery cord connects you to your body.

  • Xandhil looks at Feoras

[Xandhil] is this the Astral plane?

  • Feoras stands, also leaving himself sitting behind.

[Feoras] It is the path to the spirit world. [Feoras] Help your lover, he is less... prepared for this, I think, than you are. [Xandhil] He's just lazy :3

  • Justen is sort of struggling to get up.
  • Xandhil says, glad that he probaby can't blush when he is astrally projecting
  • Xandhil will help him though
  • Justen takes your hand and seems more... there.
  • Xandhil smiles at hi, then looks over at Tai
  • Feoras is assisting Tai.
  • Tai_ is basically all @_@ all the time.

[Feoras] Very good.

  • Feoras tells him, his voice calming.
  • Xandhil keeps hold of Justen's hand, just in case :3

[Xandhil] (also, <3) [Feoras] Follow me.