Homoventures Chapter 1, Part 1

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Chapter 1, Part 1 Next

Summary

Xandhil and Justen set off for Thenqa, and meet Tai.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date: Sixth-month, 2272

[Narrator] It is the start of Sixth-month, 2272, and you have decided to undertake an adventure - to seek the ruined city (cities?) of Am, lost in the Silver Desert many centuries before. [Narrator] After bidding farewell to your parents (who are trying not to seem too anxious) Xan and Justen set off for Thenqa, the only city in Kholm, by train - the line there opened up a few years ago, but mostly carries freight. There are relatively few passengers headed in that direction. [Narrator] You have reserved a private compartment for the journey, which will take eight days, stopping at Ronague, Caulderon, and Florissant, as well as numerous smaller communities. [Narrator] The compartment is not luxurious, but adequate for your needs in that it has two narrow benches/bunks and a little curtain you can draw across the window in the door for privacy... [Narrator] Food is served in the dining car at mealtimes for a small extra cost - simple fare, but tasty enough. [Xandhil] :) [Narrator] Your fellow passengers pay you relatively little attention. Most seem to be either natives of Kholm, heading home, or merchants and traders headed in that direction to buy and sell their wares.

  • Justen does get a bit antsy cooped up in the train for that long @_@

[Xandhil] we can go up top for a bit :D [Xandhil] as long as there aren't any tunnels [Justen] I suppose we could :)

  • Justen chuckles at that.

[Justen] Maybe tie our hair back so it doesn't get completely tangled? [Xandhil] mmm

  • Xandhil runs a hand lazily through Justen's hair

[Justen] or do you want an excuse to brush it later? ^-^ [Xandhil] yours maybe... ugh I am never letting mine get like that again @_@ [Justen] Heh... you may have to get used to it, there won't be baths and mirrors where we're going. [Xandhil] mmmhmm [Justen] And I just mean in Thenqa :p [Xandhil] I have a system :) [Justen] Oh do you?

  • Xandhil says, sectioning his hair for braiding

[Xandhil] I *am* the experience adventurer here, you know ^-^ [Justen] Yes, but isn't there basically no weather on the Shadow Plane?

  • Justen teases.

[Xandhil] no, it is basically just always kind of cool and bleh - but it is still windy when you fly @_@ [Justen] You won't be used to bone-chilling cold, brutal winds, desert sandstorms... ^-^ [Justen] Do they have sandstorms? [Xandhil] Yes, well there *is* a reason I brought you along [Xandhil] and... maybe? [Justen] Only one reason? :p [Xandhil] >:D [Xandhil] maybe more than one [Justen] oh right. you also need me to carry the gear ;) [Xandhil] no no [Xandhil] That's why Father lent me the bag of holding ^-^ [Xandhil] but you can be my porter if you really like ^-^ [Justen] How thoughtful of him to spare my back. [Xandhil] really he just wants me to bring back all the cool things [Xandhil] you know, blah blah blah research, history... [Justen] Well if you need to take out the tent and bedrolls to make room for more 'cool things', I can probably manage that.

  • Xandhil says sort of dismissively, but you can tell he is actually excited

[Xandhil] noted :)

  • Xandhil starts pinning the braid to his head
  • Justen watches as you braid your hair, lounging back on his sad little bench/bed.

[Justen] Pretty ...

  • Xandhil smiles
  • Justen just catches his hair back into a loose ponytail.

[Xandhil] do you want me to do yours too? we can start a new fashion trend [Justen] I'm ok like this, thanks. [Xandhil] or convince all these Thenqans that we really are a bunch of big city weirdos ^-^ [Justen] I don't think we'll have any trouble with that.

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Xandhil] shall we then? [Justen] certainly :)

  • Xandhil will take his hand, and teleport up to the train's roof?
  • Justen will teleport up to the roof of the train with you.
  • Justen laughs, standing and holding his arms wide as the world whips past.

[Justen] Is this what flying's like? ;)

  • Xandhil steadies himself against Justen pressing against him

[Xandhil] No, because I can go wherever *i* want ^-^ [Justen] Oh, fine - it's still pretty good, though :) [Xandhil] its cool [Xandhil] too bad you can't do wings though :(

  • Xandhil says, as though this is a discussion they have had before

[Justen] Yeah... I almost got a fly potion when I was shopping to come here, but ... it doesn't last very long, it would hardly be worth it :/ [Xandhil] are they expensive? [Justen] A few hundred? I forget exactly, like 500 maybe, or 700? [Xandhil] I mean... I bet we could mke it worth it, maybe, sometime...

  • Justen laughs.
  • Xandhil tries to remember how long the spell lasts

[Xandhil] polymorph would be better though [Narrator] (1 min/level) [Justen] True... [Xandhil] I read that's how Empress tristane had her kids, like ....75 years ago?

  • Justen seems intrigued by that thought.

[Xandhil] However long it was [Justen] Wait, are you asking me to have kids? ;)

  • Justen teases.

[Xandhil] (I... don't know if Justen knows about his dad, heh)

  • Xandhil sticks out his tongue

[Justen] (he knows enough to know there was shapechanging involved @_@) [Xandhil] we wouldn;t need a spell. [Justen] True.

  • Justen looks sort of thoughtful.

[Xandhil] what? [Justen] Oh... [Justen] Just something Mercy and I were talking about a little while ago. [Justen] About kids. [Xandhil] oh? [Justen] Well. [Xandhil] I bet mercy wants some someday [Justen] Yeah. Someday like soon, I think. [Xandhil] heh [Xandhil] ran out of siblings? [Xandhil] :p [Justen] Yeah, well, Ysabel is like 9, so... [Justen] No more babies on that front ;) [Xandhil] is she seeing anyone? [Justen] Not right now... kind of gone off dating I think. [Justen] She scares men off :p [Justen] Anyway, we were just sort of saying how... I mean, there's nothing wrong with humans, but we feel sort of... different. Like we want to pass on what we have, whatever we are... [Justen] Well, like she does. I don't care so much.

  • Justen says with a quick shrug.

[Xandhil] mmm. [Justen] And I might have. Um. Said she should have a baby with you. [Xandhil] o_O [Justen] I was mostly joking. Mostly. [Justen] A bit. [Xandhil] oh no, you *weren;t* D: [Justen] Welllll... no, not entirely. But if she hated the idea I was going to pretend it was a joke. [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] iiiifff....? [Justen] She didn't rule it out. [Xandhil] Why would you... why.. @_@

  • Justen takes you in his arms.
  • Xandhil looks up, looking a little... confused/deer caught in headlights

[Justen] Because you're special, like her. Because I trust you with my sister. Because you'd give her a gorgeous baby ;) [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] I.. [Xandhil] Justen... [Xandhil] what did she really say? [Narrator] (I have to look it up ;) [Xandhil] (This is after Ilyana's arrival, right?) [Narrator] (yes) [Narrator] (oh your story provides no help ;) [Xandhil] ('k, and no, it is just a drabble ;) [Narrator] (I thought it had her response, but it ends with him making the suggestion :) [Justen] She said she would talk to you about it. [Justen] I mean, neither of us would want you to feel uncomfortable - if you don't want to, she won't be offended. I don't even know if she's totally convinced it's a good idea or not. [Xandhil] I'm... really not @_@ [Justen] Why? [Xandhil] well, I mean... [Xandhil] she's your sister @_@ [Xandhil] and [Xandhil] like... [Justen] ... a girl? ;) [Xandhil] I can't just... give her a baby @_@ [Xandhil] YES [Xandhil] also A GIRL

  • Justen doesn't laugh, to his credit.

[Xandhil] and.. [Xandhil] also, I dn't know, after everything with GTaz, and Fathers, and... [Xandhil] (Taz and Father) [Justen] It wouldn't be the same as that! [Xandhil] well what *would* it be? [Xandhil] they're pretty much only civil because of mom [Justen] It would be... Mercy having a kid. That she would take care of. [Justen] Not hand off to someone else because she can't handle it. [Xandhil] by herself? [Xandhil] and I mean... [Xandhil] I coudln't just do that! [Xandhil] I mean, I now Taz does it all the time [Justen] Well, I'm sure Mom and Dad would help, and I'd help out, and ... whatever, she has a dozen babysitters lined up already, I'm sure. [Xandhil] but... [Xandhil] I'm not just...a sperm bank @_@ [Justen] No, of course you're not.

  • Justen strokes your cheek affectionately.
  • Xandhil flushes furiously

[Justen] You could be there to help out too - I mean, you and Mercy could work that out, but I know she wouldn't just ... pretend like it wasn't your kid too. [Xandhil] I.. I just don't know, Justen [Justen] I didn't really mean to mention it... It should have been her to bring it up. [Xandhil] no.. no

  • Xandhil hugs him
  • Justen holds you close.

[Xandhil] Its probably - I mean, its a lot to think about @_@ [Justen] Don't worry about it for now. I mean, it'll be weeks until we get back. months, maybe. [Xandhil] ha, right >.>

  • Xandhil snuggles in to your chest

[Xandhil] don't worry about it. Ass. [Justen] Mmm. What, you want me in your ass? I didn't quite hear you ^-^

  • Xandhil sniffs

[Xandhil] what, first you want me to fuck your sister and now you're hitting on me? perv :p [Justen] She does look a lot like me... ;) [Xandhil] @_@ [Justen] A boy could get confused ^-^ [Xandhil] do *you* want sex or not? @_@

  • Justen laughs.

[Justen] Always. [Xandhil] ugh

  • Xandhil rolls his eyes
  • Justen tips your chin up for a kiss.
  • Xandhil kisses back but seems perhaps still preoccupied @_@

[Justen] [m] I could get you ready for her, send you in all hard and hot... ^-^

  • Justen miiiight be teasing? ;)

[Xandhil] okay no, stop that @_@ [Justen] Oh, ok.

  • Justen pretends to pout.

[Xandhil] (kp, sec) [Xandhil] can we think about something else? @_@ [Justen] Of course. [Xandhil] annnything else, for now? [Justen] What are we looking for, when we get there?

  • Xandhil paws at your chest a little

[Justen] Oh, or did you mean sex. ^-^ [Xandhil] we can do both ^-^ [Justen] fuck *and* talk about archaeology?

  • Xandhil says, undoing a button

[Xandhil] too much for you to handle? [Xandhil] well if you're not going to do any talking... [Justen] I can't promise great intellectual contributions. [Xandhil] better put that mouth to use, boy [Justen] mmm. [Xandhil] mmm ^-^

  • Xandhil runs his hands up to your shoulders to push you down to your knees

[Justen] You are going to scandalize the farmers we're driving past, you know ;) [Xandhil] good ^-^

  • Justen says as he runs his hands down your legs.
  • Xandhil steadies himself against your shoulders ion the rattling train top
  • Xandhil will then give a somewhat distracted rendition of his plan to find some klocals who know the desert better and maybe see if we can turn up any old maps, etc
  • Justen is ... sort of listening?
  • Xandhil mostly wants to prove that he can, in fact, talk about arcaheology and fuck at the same time ^-^

[Xandhil] Just agree like a good boy... oh yes, that's very good @_@ [Justen] Mmpgpsghhhhk? [Xandhil] yes.... maps... [Xandhil] in...shops @_@ [Justen] Mmmf.

  • Justen gives up on trying to contribute to the discussion ;)

[Xandhil] ^-^ [Narrator] You disembark in Thenqa at last. It's not much of a city compared to what you're used to, but good-sized nevertheless, and bustling with people. The air is brisk but not excessively cold, since it is early summer. [Narrator] Did you have anything you wanted to do in Thenqa before setting out into the uncharted wilderness? ;) [Xandhil] (maps! and local stories ^-^)

  • Xandhil takes Justen antiquing :V

[Narrator] OK, you can roll Search on the maps, and Diplomacy on the locals :) [Xandhil] (search first) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+9

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 25 ].

[Xandhil] (diplomacy) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+10

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 11 ].

[Narrator] (heh) [Narrator] well the search for maps is relatively productive at least? [Xandhil] (LOL.kay fine then.... maybe the locals can tell we're homos and don't go for That Sort of Thing :p) [Narrator] hee [Narrator] also you look a bit like an elf. [Narrator] and ... they have Issues with elves. [Xandhil] (oooh riiight @_@)

  • Xandhil will try not to get bitchy

[Narrator] You can certainly find and purchase some maps that seem promising, showing locations of various ruins in the desert and so on. [Narrator] in particular one old one showing what it calls the Plain of Glass, which is purportedly somewhere waaay out in the desert. [Justen] So it's, what, a big pane of glass?

  • Justen seems unclear why this would be relevant to your interests.

[Xandhil] maybe! [Xandhil] we could find out :) [Xandhil] (have we discussed the whole.... your father razed this place to the ground thing?) [Narrator] (perhaps not in those precise terms?) [Xandhil] I mean, this thing is pretty old, and probably the jerks here are too scared of Elves to go find out :p [Justen] Yeah, they do seem .. not the biggest fans. [Xandhil] we could be the first people to see it in thousands of years :3 [Justen] Well, unless these elf guys know something about it? [Xandhil] maybe [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] Hmm. [Xandhil] They are... not my fathers elves [Xandhil] he did tell me a bit about them though [Justen] Like a different ... empire? [Justen] Or whatever elves have? [Xandhil] yeah.... not even an empire or anything [Xandhil] like... they're nomads or barbarians... [Xandhil] they're slavers and they hate outsiders >.> [Xandhil] is what he said [Justen] Oh, hm. So maybe not as welcoming and friendly as the Cozovode. [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] yeah >.>

  • Justen says, a bit sarcastically

[Xandhil] but like... with violence [Xandhil] not with just Attitude [Justen] Hmm. [Justen] Well, if we run into any, maybe you can brainwash them into liking us ;) [Xandhil] oh probably :D [Xandhil] that could be cool [Xandhil] to see what they're really like [Justen] Well, if anyone knows about what's out there, I guess probably they would. [Xandhil] if they know anything more, yeah [Justen] And maybe the stories about them are exaggerated... [Xandhil] ...

  • Xandhil eyes the disapprioving locals, and looks back at you

[Justen] Ok, maybe not? [Xandhil] we'll be okay though [Justen] If they're slavers, who do they sell their slaves to? The other elves? [Xandhil] I dunno - to each other? [Xandhil] They might just keep them [Justen] Or are there even more people out there who want to buy delicious little boys ;) [Xandhil] or maybe there are like.... other people, or things out this far @_@ [Xandhil] orcs maybe :p [Xandhil] and if they try and sell me I expect you to set them on fire :p [Justen] Oh, well, they probably *would* think you were delicious, but not in the fun way :p [Xandhil] heh, maybe [Justen] Let me see how much they're asking first - maybe I'd just buy you ;) [Justen] Then I'd own you, and that would be ... amusing ^-^ [Xandhil] oh ho! [Xandhil] is that what its like is it? [Justen] It could be, with the right master... ;) [Xandhil] Gonna smack my ass to keep me in line? :p

  • Xandhil shoves said ass at you

[Justen] You could use it, you're a mouthy little bitch.

  • Justen gives you the slap you're asking for.
  • Xandhil giggles

[Xandhil] you like it ^-^ [Justen] Mmhmm. [Xandhil] anyway, at least we have the map, and I think we should go

  • Justen nods.

[Xandhil] we can maybe check out some of the other paces around the way [Justen] Yeah, it seems like there are a lot of little ruins and things out there. [Justen] It'll be a while before we even get to the desert, though @_@ [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] so.,... [Xandhil] are we ready to go? [Xandhil] to reeeeeal adventure? [Justen] I'm ready. [Justen] To... walk for three weeks ;) [Xandhil] sucker ^-^ [Narrator] You journey out of the city on foot, heading north-east, keeping the mountains to your left as you travel through the rolling hills, mostly barren except for low shrubs and hardy purple-grey flowers. [Narrator] For the first week or so you can follow a road, but gradually it peters out into a trail, which you keep following for almost another week, before it disappears entirely. [Narrator] At the end of the trail, the edge of the wilderness, is a village, crossed and circled by several small streams. It has perhaps thirty circular houses, a few more tents, or ger, presumably erected by traders or herders who are temporarily in town, and a small inn to accommodate other travelers. [Justen] Want to stay here? It might be the last bed for a thousand miles ;) [Xandhil] Luxury @_@ [Xandhil] yeah, definitely

  • Justen will head up to the inn, then.
  • Xandhil hesitates, trying to decide if he should make himself loook more normal
  • Xandhil decides... no, fuck that, and hurries after his boyfriend

[Narrator] The inn is circular, like all the structures in the village, but larger than most, with a common room on the main level and an upper floor with a balcony overlooking the main room and several (presumed) bedchambers off the landing.

  • NPC2 is now known as Berak

[Xandhil] [w] do you think it will be okay like this? [Xandhil] [w]or should I put them away >.> [Justen] [w] not sure. [Justen] [w] if things get weird, put them away?

  • Xandhil nods
  • Berak approaches you as you enter, wiping greasy hands on his apron.
  • Xandhil smiles
  • Berak looks maybe around 50, stout and bearded and ... what passes for friendly around here.

[Berak] Good day, travelers! Welcome to Sambhal, and the inn of the Lowland Streams. Your honoured host is Berak - what can I do for you?

  • Berak speaks Aveyronnais fluently, although with a bit of an accent.

[Xandhil] We're looking for a room for the night, and whatever other comforts your inn provides

  • Berak is eyeing you a bit warily, but probably doesn't get so much business that he can just kick out potential customers because they are funny-looking.

[Berak] Certainly, a room! [Berak] Wherefrom have you traveled, sirs? [Xandhil] From Diablotin

  • Justen nods in agreement.

[Berak] Ahh, the city.

  • Berak says as if that explains everything @_@

[Berak] Very long journey - you must be tired.

  • Xandhil smiles, as though of course it does :)

[Xandhil] quite yes - not so many nice inns on the road out this way [Berak] No, no - this is the last you will find! [Berak] You are merchants? [Xandhil] no... adventurers. [Justen] Explorers.

  • Justen adds.
  • Xandhil nods

[Berak] Ahhh... you seek treasures, then? [Berak] Buried in the desert? [Xandhil] we just want to see what's out there [Xandhil] My father is a scholar, at the Castalia [Berak] Out there? Pah. Dust and cold and savages. [Xandhil] perhaps! [Xandhil] But the sands may have secrets, afterall [Berak] This is true, very true. [Berak] Come, sit down, I will have my wife make you food. [Xandhil] thank you.

  • Berak ushers you to a seat near the fire at the centre of the building.
  • Xandhil sits reaching out to the fire a bit

[Berak] Drinks, while you wait? [Xandhil] umm.. what do you have? [Berak] Butter-tea or gorzala. [Justen] Uh... gorzala.

  • Justen says, on the grounds that it has to be better than butter-tea.

[Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] what is Gorzala?

  • Xandhil asks, being the smart one :3

[Berak] Ahh, strong spirits. [Berak] Made from roots and herbs. [Xandhil] oh, okay :) [Xandhil] I'll try that too :3

  • Berak will bring you two of those, then. It comes in tiny little wooden cups.

[Xandhil] do you... sip it, or drink it all at opnce? [Berak] Sipping is for women!

  • Justen will toss it back, then.

[Justen] Wooh. [Xandhil] well okay than!

  • Xandhil will toss it back also

[Xandhil] @_@ [Xandhil] *hack*

  • Justen pats you on the back.
  • Berak chuckles.

[Xandhil] nice

  • Xandhil croaks
  • Berak gets you each another, and then heads off to what is presumably the kitchen to see about food.
  • Xandhil stares at it suspiciously

[Justen] [w] you're allowed to sip it, he's not looking ;) [Xandhil] :p [Xandhil] [m] you still are :p [Justen] [w] I know you're not a woman, though ^-^ [Xandhil] you're gonna have to carry me to bed later ^-^ [Justen] mmhmm.

  • Xandhil will defiantly take the other shot @_@
  • Xandhil coughs

[Xandhil] or maybe I'll be dead first

  • Xandhil flushes with the heat

[Xandhil] wow, straigt to the head @_@ [Justen] Yeah, it really has a punch to it ... [Justen] I guess out here, what else are you going to do, though... [Xandhil] imma just lean on you now...

  • Justen smiles.
  • Berak returns some while later with plates of tlaluk meat and boiled root vegetables, and some sesame bread that is still warm from the oven.

[Xandhil] oh I know...

  • Xandhil stops reaching for Justen's pants as their host returns and reies to sit back up

[Xandhil] shit! I mean hi!

  • Berak politely ignores your ... whatever you were doing, strange foreigners ;)

[Berak] Dinners! [Xandhil] tahnkz @_@ [Xandhil] food is... prolly... good

  • Berak puts them down and leaves you to it, tending to other guests who are drifting in.

[Xandhil] I think my stomach is on fire [Justen] Yeah, eat some of that bread first I think @_@

  • Xandhil mutters, and does that

[Narrator] The other guests at the inn are few - a priest, apparently come from Florissant to minister to the natives (who may or may not be heathens), a merchant from Rhegium who deals in ever-ice and seems to be a regular visitor here, and a few locals who are just there for the drinks and food after a long day of farming or herding or whatever they do here.

  • Xandhil feels less ridiculously drunk after food

[Narrator] The staff are Berak, a barely-seen woman who is presumably his wife, who mainly keeps to the kitchen, and, doing the sweeping up and clearing of mugs and dishes, a young boy ...or is he? [Xandhil] (speaking of food, gimme a few min to grab some?) [Narrator] (sure) [Narrator] (dun dun duuun) [Xandhil] (back - and... Merlin? :V) [Narrator] (lol)

  • Xandhil eyes the young 'boy'

[Narrator] The servant is at least half-elven, possibly more. Slim and not too tall, he has a distinctly non-human cast to his delicate features, pale green eyes and fine black hair cut short to about his chin. He looks maybe seventeen, but you would guess that he's actually a few years older than that. [Xandhil] (oh, it was the young part that's suspicious?) [Narrator] (yes) [Xandhil] (okay then, heh) [Narrator] (well and I guess 'boy' if he's not really that young ;) 03* Berak is now known as Serving_Boy

  • Serving_Boy keeps darting looks at you when he thinks you're not looking - particularly at you, Xan.
  • Xandhil smiles when he catches him looking

[Xandhil] . o O ( probably the wings )

  • Xandhil nudges Justen

[Justen] Hm?

  • Xandhil eyes the boy
  • Justen glances in that direction.

[Xandhil] ("boy") [Justen] [m] Cute ^-^ [Xandhil] mmhmm [Xandhil] we could play cultural ambassadors

  • Xandhil whispers teasingly
  • Justen gives a little chuckle.
  • Xandhil will detect thoughts, because he can

[Narrator] Thoughts: present. Int: I dunno probably about a 14. [Serving_Boy] . o O (What are they? Other than beautiful @_@. I wonder why they're here...) [Serving_Boy] . o O (Maybe I could go with them... wherever they're going...) [Xandhil] . o O (oh come find out!)

  • Serving_Boy comes over to your table with the excuse of clearing away your plates when you've finished eating.

[Xandhil] [w] he wants to come with us [Justen] o_O [Serving_Boy] [w] Are you... uh, what are you?

  • Serving_Boy asks shyly.

[Xandhil] Just people :) [Xandhil] My father was a half elf, like you [Serving_Boy] Oh... you look a little like an elf, so I wondered... if you were like me. I've never met anyone like me before. But you're not...? [Serving_Boy] Oh!

  • Xandhil laughs, friendly, at answering the question as it was asked ;)
  • Serving_Boy smiles.

[Xandhil] My mother was from.... somewhere else ^-^

  • Serving_Boy nods, listening avidly.

[Xandhil] What's your name? [Serving_Boy] Tai. 03* Serving_Boy is now known as Tai_ [Xandhil] I'm Xan, and this is Justen [Berak] Tai, don't bother the guests!

  • Berak shouts at the boy, who hurries away.
  • Xandhil pouts

[Berak] Forgive him, sirs, I hope he wasn't disturbing you with his nonsense. [Xandhil] no, not at all [Xandhil] we were enjoying talking to him [Berak] Ahhh, well. All right, then. [Berak] He takes fancies in his head, you know - flighty. If he is bothering you, just send him away.

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] Was he... is he from here?

  • Berak shakes his head.

[Berak] Foundling - wife and I took him in, else he'd likely have died. The Austvagoy don't keep half-breeds - probably he was born to one of their womenfolk and then left for the wolves. [Xandhil] :/ [Xandhil] lucky kid, then [Berak] He's a good worker.

  • Berak says with a shrug.

[Berak] Handy with a bow, as well - they have a natural talent for it, they say.

  • Berak does not seem especially affectionate to the boy he has apparently raised since infancy.

[Xandhil] mmhmm [Xandhil] is there much call for that around here? [Berak] Sometimes. Wolves, mainly. [Berak] Worse in the winter.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] well maybe its self preservation, then >.>

  • Xandhil looks at Justen

[Berak] Ah, hah. Well, he has chores to take care of, but when he is finished, I suppose there is no reason he can't talk with you. [Xandhil] we'd like that [Xandhil] Not so many young people on the road out this far @_@

  • Berak nods and heads off, keeping an eye on his guests and bringing them more drinks as necessary.
  • Justen returns your glance.

[Justen] [w] What's your thought? [Xandhil] I dunno [Justen] [w] Fuck him senseless and be on our way tomorrow? ;) [Xandhil] I wanna hear what Tai says >> [Xandhil] oh, well, sure if that's what you're thinking

  • Justen grins.
  • Xandhil whispers back

[Justen] [w] Well, you said he wants to go with us. [Xandhil] [w] I don't know if he meant it or was just.... fantasizing ^-^ [Justen] [w] Might be sort of inconvenient... but on the other hand, maybe he knows his way around.

  • Justen nods though.

[Justen] [w] No point worrying about it unless he asks, I guess.

  • Xandhil nosd

[Xandhil] [w] and I might not want to Share, longterm [Justen] Mmm, heh.

  • Justen squeezes your leg under the table.
  • Xandhil sort of leans against him unobtrusively in response
  • Tai_ finally finishes up his chores, and is able to come and sit with you - most of the other guests having retired to bed or home by this point.
  • Tai_ seems a bit shy actually sitting down with you, as if he's not usually allowed to do that.

[Xandhil] they work you hard [Xandhil] ?

  • Xandhil asks casually

[Tai_] I guess... they don't have to take me in, so.. I owe them.

  • Tai_ says with a little shrug.

[Xandhil] how long have you been here? [Tai_] Since I can remember. [Xandhil] :/ [Xandhil] that seems... dull?

  • Tai_ nods.

[Tai_] I like it best when I get to go hunting... at least then I'm on my own, and outside. [Tai_] [m] Nobody telling me what to do... [Xandhil] heh [Justen] Mm, that does sound preferable. [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] do you get to do that much? [Tai_] Whenever they need meat.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil looks around the emptying inn

[Xandhil] do you wanna come up to our room and... talk some more? [Tai_] I'm ... I don't know if I'm supposed to... [Justen] If we say it's all right, then who's going to tell you it's not? ;) [Xandhil] :) [Xandhil] I mean, we're the ones paying, right? [Xandhil] And if you're done all your chores... [Tai_] Well... yes @_@ [Xandhil] and Berak's not here now anyway

  • Xandhil whispers conspiratorially

[Tai_] No.. I'm supposed to make sure the fire is safe and then I'm allowed to go to bed... [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] then when the fire is safe... [Xandhil] you can come see us instead :)

  • Tai_ smiles shyly.

[Tai_] All right. [Xandhil] I mean really [Xandhil] (do we have fires in our rooms?) [Tai_] (no probably not) [Xandhil] (okay nm then ^-^) [Tai_] (central heating ;) [Xandhil] (heh)

  • Tai_ points to your room.

[Tai_] That one's yours. I'll... I'll be there soon. [Justen] Where do you usually sleep? [Tai_] In the kitchen. [Xandhil] hmm [Justen] Oh. Well, this'll be more comfortable than that, I hope :)

  • Xandhil frowns

[Xandhil] yeah

  • Justen heads up to the room, then, while Tai finishes up his last few tasks.

[Narrator] The room on the upper level is snug, if simple. Two single beds with thick tlaluk-wool blankets are waiting for you. [Justen] Shall we push those together? ;) [Xandhil] bah, single beds :p [Xandhil] yes! [Xandhil] well.. you can [Xandhil] I will supervise

  • Justen moves them into the middle of the room, pushed up next to each other.

[Xandhil] from over here [Justen] Certainly, sir ;)

  • Xandhil watches his butt

[Xandhil] are they comfy?

  • Justen makes sure the blankets don't get caught in between the beds, so there is snuggle-accessibility.

[Justen] Not bad. Down mattresses, nice warm blankets...

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] [w] Is this kid going to get in trouble if he spends the night up here? [Xandhil] I don't know... [Xandhil] he's not a kid :p [Justen] :| [Justen] I know. He just looks so young... i know he's not really, same as you ;) [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] he can make his own decisions [Justen] Yeah. [Xandhil] and really if they are gonna treat him like crap maybe he needs some incentive to leave [Justen] Good point, I guess... [Justen] Where would he go, though? [Xandhil] anywhere he wants? [Justen] I suppose you're right. [Xandhil] he can clearly take care of himself pretty well [Xandhil] I mean [Xandhil] we can at least show him a fun time, right? [Justen] Definitely... if that's what he wants. [Xandhil] oh I'm pretty sure he does ^-^

  • Justen smirks at that.
  • Tai_ comes quietly to your door.
  • Xandhil will let him in

[Xandhil] hey :)

  • Tai_ slips inside, looking around as if he's a bit nervous.

[Tai_] Hi :) [Tai_] Oh you moved the... beds... @_@ [Xandhil] we thought it might be.... warmer [Xandhil] o O (hotter!) [Tai_] Oh. Yes, probably. It can get cold in the rooms at night. [Xandhil] Mm, luckily Justen is very warm [Justen] It's true. I never get cold.

  • Justen sends off a little warmth, just as a demonstration.

[Tai_] Oh! [Xandhil] :) [Tai_] Are you a sorcerer? [Justen] Me? Not even a little. [Xandhil] I am though [Justen] That's just a ... family trait. [Tai_] Oh, really? [Xandhil] (to who?) [Xandhil] mmhmm [Tai_] (to Xan)

  • Xandhil casts dancing lights
  • Tai_ looks suitably impressed.

[Xandhil] but that's just a silly spell, really [Tai_] Are your ... wings, is that a spell too? [Xandhil] No.... those are mine

  • Xandhil rufles them

[Xandhil] did you want to touch them? [Tai_] ... can I? [Xandhil] if you like

  • Tai_ reaches out to touch your feathers gently, then.

[Tai_] Soft @_@

  • Xandhil flutters his eyes closed for a second

[Xandhil] mmm, yes.

  • Tai_ draws his hand back.

[Xandhil] it sort of ..tickles [Justen] Not as much as getting some of the little fluffy ones up your nose.

  • Justen teases.

[Xandhil] :p [Xandhil] I told you.... [Xandhil] that's why I have to.. anyway ^-^

  • Tai_ looks uncertainly from one of you to the other, as if he's trying to figure out what exactly your relationship is, and what you want from him.

[Xandhil] I'm sorry, we didn't mean to make you uncomfortable [Tai_] No, it's ok... [Xandhil] we just thought you seemed.... lonely?

  • Xandhil glances at Justen as if to confirm his analysis
  • Justen nods.

[Tai_] I... I am :( [Xandhil] and that maybe we could help with that, some, then.

  • Xandhil smiles a little more coyly

[Justen] Do you want to stay with us tonight, Tai?

  • Justen asks more directly.
  • Xandhil manages not to roll his eyes

[Xandhil] . o O (takes all the fun out of seducing them...) [Tai_] I don't really know... what to do...

  • Tai_ says, blushing.
  • Justen glances to you ^-^

[Xandhil] oh, well

  • Xandhil comes and slips an arm around him

[Xandhil] we can help with that.... [Xandhil] what would you....like... to do? [Tai_] @_@ [Tai_] go with you?

  • Tai_ blurts.

[Xandhil] go where, hmm? [Justen] Ahh... [Tai_] I dream about find the Austvagoy, and...and maybe they'll let me join them.

  • Tai_ admits as if this is a secret he's never told anyone.

[Tai_] (finding, rather) [Xandhil] (I thought he just had bad foreign grammar, heh ;) [Tai_] (heh, no, his grammar is ok ;)

  • Xandhil eyes Justen
  • Justen shrugs.

[Xandhil] If we go there, and they don't want you, what will you do then? [Tai_] I don't know. [Tai_] Are there other people like me in the city where you come from? [Xandhil] Some.... [Xandhil] But we're not going back there for a long time

  • Tai_ nods.

[Xandhil] but you don't need us to go to Diablotin, if you wanted [Tai_] No... I know how. Go to Thenqa, then go on the train. That's how the travelers all do it. [Tai_] But I don't know if I would like it there, in the city... [Xandhil] you don't need us to go to the Austvagoy, either

  • Tai_ looks a bit more apprehensive at that.

[Tai_] I don't know if all the stories about them are true.... [Tai_] I don't think they can all be. I think the humans here are scared of them and tell stories that make them seem worse than they are. [Tai_] But... if even some are true, they could try to kill me. I don't know. [Xandhil] well, we don't even know all the stories. [Tai_] Ohh... there are a lot @_@ [Xandhil] I bet

  • Justen sits down on the bed.

[Justen] Come sit here, we can keep talking, it'll just be more comfortable :)

  • Justen suggests 'helpfully'

[Xandhil] yes, good idea

  • Xandhil will steer him so he is sitting betwen us
  • Tai_ will come to sit on the bed, then.

[Xandhil] (unless he resists ;) [Tai_] (nope!) [Xandhil] (hee, didn't think so ;) [Tai_] Mostly all the stories about them are about how horrible and savage they are. How they burn farms and rape women and kidnap children to sell as slaves... [Xandhil] charming @_@ [Tai_] I'm not saying it doesn't happen... but I've never met anyone it happened to, anyway. [Xandhil] but hyou want to go to them anyway? [Tai_] But there are ones that talk about how they are masters with the bow, how they navigate through the desert by the stars, how they sing songs that nobody understands, but they're beautiful... [Tai_] I just don't think they could be as awful as people say. Not all of them. I mean...

  • Tai_ looks embarrassed.
  • Xandhil strokes his arm soothingly

[Tai_] They left me near here. If they really wanted me to die, why didn't they leave me somewhere far away from everyone? [Xandhil] they could have left hyou somewhere better >.> [Tai_] Maybe. [Tai_] It hasn't been so bad... [Tai_] But they didn't know who would take me in - they just left me somewhere they knew humans would find me. [Xandhil] I guess [Xandhil] well.

  • Xandhil eyes Justen
  • Justen eyes you back.

[Xandhil] maybe we could take you.... that far.... [Xandhil] We do want to find them [Tai_] If it didn't work... if they didn't want me... I'd go my own way, I wouldn't bother you... [Xandhil] if it doesn'tr we can take you somewhere better

  • Tai_ says, curling up a bit unhappily.

[Xandhil] but we'll worry about that... later

  • Xandhil strokes his back
  • Tai_ gives a little sigh at your touch.
  • Xandhil smiles at that

[Xandhil] . o O (ahh, there we go....) [Xandhil] For now you should relax... [Xandhil] and think about what else you might like....while we're here [Justen] Mm, yes. [Tai_] I... can I ... @_@

  • Tai_ seems to have no idea even how to ask for what he wants.

[Tai_] .... kiss? [Xandhil] of course you can...

  • Xandhil murmurs, pressing up closer to him
  • Tai_ moves awkwardly to kiss you, then.
  • Xandhil will guide him, tilting his face
  • Xandhil will slip him some tongue also
  • Tai_ turns his head the way you show him @_@
  • Tai_ 's lips open eagerly.
  • Justen slides closer behind him, pressing him between you.

[Tai_] ohh...

  • Xandhil takes tai's hands and puts them on him

[Xandhil] anything you want...

  • Xandhil murmurs
  • Xandhil kisses his neck
  • Tai_ explores a little, hesitantly

[Xandhil] Help him, Justen... [Justen] Mmhmm...

  • Justen pushes a hand under Tai's tunic, sliding around from his back to his chest.
  • Xandhil will start working on the buttons

[Tai_] I've... I never... [Xandhil] its okay [Xandhil] we'll show you... [Tai_] No one here would ever... *ever*... [Xandhil] all the more reason to go

  • Xandhil kisses him again