Diablotin 3 session 60

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 60 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: September 27, 2017
Diablotin date: Ninth-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Our timeline is a bit unclear but this would be ... I guess the day after Janelle and Ander's wedding. Also known as the day before the council are supposed to vote on the candidates.

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the things going on but I think that's correct - let me know if I'm wrong ;) it might be 2 days before the vote?

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll start off with Hugo, so that Steve can get on his way.

Hugo gets a visit from Eirini

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, first question - what do you do regarding Dasra, after Raimond's death at Silvia's house? She's upset, but not extremely hysterical or anything like that. Mostly just wonderinf if you want to stay with her, take her home, get someone else to come stay with her, or what?

<DiablotinNarrator> My understanding is that Gen is calling Xan to come and help Sirris out after he ate a tree, so someone is looking after that side of things.

<Hugonel> I think I want to get others to take care of her, mostly. I don't want to seem inappropriate esp. around her family, etc.

<Hugonel> I will of course go to the funeral whenever that is.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, that's fine. Funeral will probably not be until after the election (like in 2-3 days I'd guess).

<DiablotinNarrator> You can probably call someone in her family (who I don't know a lot about, but I presume must exist ;) to come and take her home, or to their house.

<Hugonel> (sounds good)

<DiablotinNarrator> (she probably has siblings or whatever. they probably disapprove of you ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> So, after that, you can make your way home. It's very late by the time you get there, I would imagine.

<Denise> (Probably she gets a lot 'f "How can you trust him after everything that happened" ;)

  • Hugonel heads home to decompress and descarf.

<DiablotinNarrator> You open your door, head inside, begin the descarfing process, and are startled to find Eirini sitting in your living room.

<Hugonel> Eirini! What on earth are you doing here?

<Eirini> I need to talk to you.

<Hugonel> Right now? It's been a long night.

  • Eirini seems serious and concerned and her hair is currently brown shifting into red (it's getting to be autumn again...)

<Eirini> Well if you don't want to talk, I can always leave...

  • Eirini stands to get ready to swish dramatically out of the room.

<Hugonel> No, no, it's fine, it's just ... I saw someone die tonight.

<Eirini> Was it someone you cared about?

<Hugonel> It was ... someone I knew, and had fought for, and whose death is meaningful to me.

<Eirini> Well that's too bad, but this is meaningful too.

<Hugonel> ... all right, what is it.

  • Hugonel sits, exhausted, and tries to be patient.

<Eirini> I think something's wrong with Linthira. I don't know who else I can trust among her court.

<Hugonel> What do you mean, 'wrong'?

  • Eirini pauses, contemplating how to answer that.

<Eirini> Something like what happened to Amanita, I think. But I'm not sure it's the same.

<Hugonel> All right ... what is it, exactly?

<Eirini> She's been acting oddly, out of character, ever since she helped to cleanse the Irminsul here.

<Hugonel> Hmm, in what way?

<Eirini> I think that... whatever she did, it was as though she took some part of that tainted power inside herself.

<Hugonel> Has anyone tried to ... talk to her about it? Is that even a thing you can do?

<Eirini> Her court has become increasingly secretive. People who dissent or try to confront her are punished. And a fight is brewing with the court of Winter, in the First World.

<Hugonel> All right.

  • Hugonel pauses to take all this in.

<Hugonel> How are they punished? Who has been punished?

<Eirini> Well, her favourite means is turning them into trees.

<Eirini> But there are other methods... less pleasant.

<Eirini> There was a nymph who was blinded... and then I heard she disappeared, so I don't know what happened to her.

<Hugonel> And this all started when Linthira helped cleanse the Irminsul?

<Eirini> Thinking back, yes, I think that's when it started. She withdrew for a while after that, but people thought it was just because she was drained from the efforts.

<Hugonel> What can I do to help?

  • Hugonel asks, dreading the answer.

<Eirini> I don't know. I needed to tell someone, who I knew would be safe to tell. I know that First World politics aren't something you can have much effect on. But my concern is the contact between the people in your government and the fey courts.

<Eirini> Linthira has the strongest ties with them, and if she's fallen under some corrupting influence, I fear what that might mean.

<Hugonel> Especially because our own government is in turmoil after the Emperor's death, and there are definitely corrupt forces among us as well.

  • Eirini nods

<Hugonel> I will need to tell this to those close to me, as I am sure it will affect them. Some of them remain well-positioned still.

<Eirini> all right... I trust your judgment in who ought to be told about this.

<Hugonel> As for you, my advice is to stay as far away from this as possible. Is there somewhere you can go to be safe?

<Eirini> Well, I'm here.

  • Eirini says with a shrug.

<Hugonel> Can you ... will you stay here?

<Eirini> Do you want me to?

<Hugonel> You can have the couch. I'm going to bed.

<Eirini> All right.

<Hugonel> We can talk more another time.

  • Eirini nods and will let you go off to sleep, then.

Argent, Denise, Hettie, and Aubrienne kidnap Sister Harmony

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - the group who are planning on kidnapping a priestess. Which I think is Argent, Denise, Hettie, Aubrienne - did you want to bring anyone else with you? I am assuming Argent and Denise can have invited Hettie and Aubrienne in on this plan.

<Hettienne> I think that's probably enough characters to keep track of idk

<Hettienne> are you bringing anyone heather

<Denise> (yessss... I waver on inviting Enver because if we get caught we'll both be in more trouble >.>")

<Hettienne> (yeah this would not be great for nycki's career idk)

<Denise> (BUt it might make sense for Nycky to at least be kept abreast :p)

<Hettienne> (well I'll tell her I guess and she can make up her own mind)

<Denise> (I dunno, I feel liek she coulds spin it. And possibly be able to provide some useful experience :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, Briony will let you know that her trusted contacts in the church are dealing with the other folks you named - the guards and temple workers and such. The issue with the Reverend Mother is complicated by the attack on Velten, but she's going to bring that to him.

<Hettienne> even if she can just make sure polce response time is... slow tonight )

<Hettienne> (that would be helpful xD)

<Argent> (ok)

<Aubrienne> (I'll tell Tits what's going on, obviously, but clearly this is not her sort of thing.)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> Nycki agrees that probably going along with it is not her best choice, but she can work from behind the scenes to try and make sure you don't get caught.

<DiablotinNarrator> Providing distractions or other means of impeding guards from showing up if they're called, that sort of thing.

<DiablotinNarrator> What about Enver?

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean he would go if asked, but if you don't want him to get in trouble, he will stay back - or can maybe be there to facilitate escape, if you want to try to use the sewers?

<Denise> (Yeah, that woudl be acceptable :)

<DiablotinNarrator> I wasn't sure what your plan was as far as how to get in/out

<DiablotinNarrator> I can tell you what you know about Sister Harmony's house and household, if that helps you plan

<Argent> *yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> She lives in a row house in the Castalia district. She's unmarried and has no kids, but has a couple of servants who don't live in the house - a maid and cook who come in during the day. She does have a housemate, though, if you want to call it that - a warforged named Agate lives with her.

<DiablotinNarrator> This is considered to be probably an act of charity - after all, the warforged often have a difficult time since the war's end, and she is being so kind in providing a place for this one to stay, etc...

<DiablotinNarrator> so thoughtful

<Aubrienne> (Do we know/can we find out anything about Agate?)

<Denise> (Can we ask Haft about Agate?)

<Denise> (Or geoff)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can roll Diplomacy if you want to ask around about Agate.

<DiablotinNarrator> And yes, Geff and Haft would be good choices to ask :)

<Argent> (I work with them so it should be easy for me)

<Denise> (lol)

<Argent> (ill use Blessed Infiltration regardless)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 12 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 30 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<Argent> (so 30)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+20

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Aubrienne> Is it worth adding +4 to that?

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

<DiablotinNarrator> I think you're probably okay

<Denise> (I'm not even going to roll, geeze)

<DiablotinNarrator> All right, so what you can learn from Geff and Haft, is that Agate was one of the very very few warforged spellcasters. Agate was designed to be able to cast arcane spells. Agate also had inbuilt electromagnetic capabilities - its spells also do electrical damage to those nearby, even if they aren't that kind of spell.

<Argent> (well thats good intel)

<DiablotinNarrator> Personality-wise, both of them say that Agate was always kind of a jerk (not in precisely those words, maybe, but that's your impression).

<Aubrienne> (Funtabulous)

<DiablotinNarrator> Neither of them know why Agate would be staying with a priestess. Probably in fact they both think that's a bit odd.

<Denise> I get they infected him too :/

<Argent> (likely)

<Argent> (or controlled somehow)

<Hettienne> I'd put money on it

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm thinking that in general, warforged with gem/stone names are casters. just for future reference for myself and others :) Warforged with weapon names are fighters.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - I just need to go to the bathroom and possibly restart my browser since roll20 is running really slow for me. I'll brb - plan amongst yourselves I guess :)

<Argent> so plan is we sneak in, use silence spell to quietly disable the warforged, then nab Harmony. Could use silence for her as well but we need to prevent the thing inside her from escaping, so somehting like Dimensional Anchor if Aubrienne can cast it

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I've got it.

<Argent> once we have them, escape to the sewers and then to the safehouse to hold them

<Aubrienne> All right

<Hettienne> WHen you say disable...

<Argent> well I dont think we can knock it unconsious so we don't have a lot of choices

<Hettienne> Just checkin'

  • Hettienne shrugs
  • Denise nods

<Argent> Aubrienne, can you ward against electricity?

<Denise> I can prolly hold her down so she don't get away

<Denise> YOu think we oughtta nab Agate too, so we can see if they did somethin to 'im?

<Aubrienne> I don't have anything specifically, but if I have a little time to prepare, I can probably learn it.

<Argent> I do now

<Argent> although he may be difficult to transport

<Argent> Ill cover myself and Denise, hopefully thats all we need

<Denise> I

<Denise> I'll figure out what I can

<Denise> I got that itenm what can take up electric stuff too, an zap it back, Argent

  • Denise says, petting her broach

<Argent> likely not much point in zapping back

<Argent> so Ill ward someone else then... Hettie

<Denise> depends on who >:)

<Argent> true

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - got my browser restarted, finally, so folks can get into roll20)

<Argent> (ill hand out magic in d20

<Hettienne> Have you guys cased this joint at all?

<Aubrienne> I'll cast Mage Armor and Shield when we're about to get in, plus Visualization of the Mind (Charisma) beforehand.

<Hettienne> D'you know if the big guy patrols the house or anythin like that/

<Aubrienne> I'll do Communal Darkvision and Communal Protection from Evil on everybody, just in case.

<Argent> Since they dont sleep assume its about

<DiablotinNarrator> it's a 3 story house, also, just so you know. I assume you're doing this at night?

<Argent> yes

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> Where's the bedrooms at? D'you know this lady's routine?

<DiablotinNarrator> as far as you can tell, the first floor is mostly the kitchen and a front parlour and a few other small rooms. Second level should be the dining room, and other living areas. Top floor would be the bedroom and probably her study/library, assuming she has such a thing.

<Aubrienne> Does anybody want Improved Invisibility?

<DiablotinNarrator> You haven't had a lot of time to observe her routine, but you can keep watch and make sure she comes into the house - probably in the later evening. And then... I'm guessing - wait til the lights turn off, so presumably she's in bed?

<Aubrienne> Greater, rather

<Hettienne> uh yes

<Argent> duration is really short so youll have to cast it when needed

<Aubrienne> Okay

<Hettienne> is there a balcony or anything on the third floor

<DiablotinNarrator> no, there isn't. you could try to scale the wall and go in through a window, but that would be tricky.

<Hettienne> alright, back door it is...

<Aubrienne> Harrowing is probably too annoying to keep track of...

Hettienne will look for traps, alarms, etc...

<Hettienne> I do have a grappling hook, on the other hand... but that might make noise

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can roll Perception on checking for alarms/traps/anything on the door.

<Argent> Aubrienne, check for magic such as alarm spells

<DiablotinNarrator> aww I just noticed Aubrienne's HP are still in the negatives from whenever her last fight was

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you don't think there is a trap or non-magical alarm on either of the back doors, although both are locked. Aubrienne, you can detect that there is low level Abjuration magic on the doors, most likely an Alarm or something of that sort.

<Aubrienne> Are we using the back doors? Or do we have another way in?

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne - if it's Alarm, it only covers a relatively limited area. For instance both the back doors, but probably not second floor windows, unless the caster went around casting it all over the house. they probably just cover the obvious entry points.

  • Argent will cast dispel magic at the alarm spell

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can make your Dispel check

<DiablotinNarrator> well that'll do it. Okay - with the Alarm cleared, Hettie, you can go to the door to try and pick the lock.

<Hettienne> TIme for some good old fashioned b&e

<DiablotinNarrator> well, they had a very good lock on there... once.

<Aubrienne> Jeebus

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie makes short work of it, though, and you're in through the back.

  • Hettienne sneaks sneakily, keeping eyes open for other alarms/traps

<DiablotinNarrator> Stealth checks all around as you enter

  • Aubrienne will use her ring to be invisible

<Hettienne> (Denise... be a rat :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> so Aubrienne is a rat, on Hettie's shoulder?

<Aubrienne> (If she'll let me, after the whole 'not casting dispel' thing. :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh. well you could ride on Denise if necessary ;)

<Aubrienne> Hettie's more like to be at range. And she's currently used to freeloading lifeforms.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, well, place yourselves as necessary in the entryway there, and let's move along :) There's an opening there, not a door, just an archway, that leads into another room. it's, as indicated, the foyer, with a staircase that curves up to the next level

<Argent> (stop to listen for movement, if good sneak forward into the room)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can hear someone or something moving around upstairs. Possibly the warforged, it sounds like a fairly heavy tread. on the next level up, that is

<Argent> going quiet now then upstairs and stop him

<Hettienne> (with those rolls can we get a direction beyond just up?)

<Argent> whispers

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you can also hear, since you rolled super awesome, some very faint noise from higher up in the house. You can't quite tell what it is, but not footsteps or anything like that.

  • Hettienne frowns.

<DiablotinNarrator> Like a faint rustling or breathing sound. And you think the footsteps are currently towards the front of the house, one level up.

<Hettienne> (just someone sleeping maybe...)

  • Argent will cast Silence on himself and let hettie guide him to where she heard the footfalls

<Denise> (Or... Giant killer moth.)

  • Hettienne will direct him wordlessly when we get up there.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, as you go up the stairs, you can tell more clearly that the pacing sound is coming from the room directly ahead of you. The door is closed, so you can approach if you want. The stairs also keep continuing up

  • Denise Murodea stays in the quiet zone and will let Hettie and Argent decide how to proceed
  • Argent will open the door with rapier in hand

<DiablotinNarrator> A warforged is standing just inside the door, Argent. It turns when you open the door and everyone can roll init.

  • Argent will move in to slow any escape
  • Argent will activate judgement for damage and smiting (counts as good and admantine)
  • Argent will strike the warforged

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Denise's turn

  • Denise will take Pummeling attack as a swift action, and charge

<DiablotinNarrator> * Agate will slam attack Argent twice and Denise twice. Hettie's turn next

<Hettienne> k well I move and shoot it

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> blam blam

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne's turn - Rat-Aubrienne, that is

<Aubrienne> I'll just hop off Hettie and shift to human form.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Argent's turn, then

  • Argent will swift action construct bane and full attack
  • Denise will attack it several time

<DiablotinNarrator> that is juuuust enough to drop it.

<DiablotinNarrator> Anyway - the warforged is down, you can proceed, or try to restrain it, or whatever.

  • Denise holds up her hands to the others in a "now what"' gesture, and points to it
  • Hettienne shrugs
  • Argent pulls out his manacles, and restrains its arms behind its back to the largest fixture, and then points upwards to move on
  • Denise nods and will follow

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay -you can manacle it to the fireplace grate, that probably is the sturdiest feature in the room.

<DiablotinNarrator> there, I revealed a bit more, there's a hallway you can see. doors straight ahead of you, hallway to your right

  • Hettienne is gonna stop and listen again

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Perception checks. I'll roll for Argent too. bearing in mind that in Silence you also can't hear things coming from outside the range of the spell...

  • Denise will also sniff the air :3

<DiablotinNarrator> well, Denise, you can pick up an odd odour. It smells like.. well, the closest thing you can compare it to is raw, rancid meat.

<Hettienne> I will also scent)

<DiablotinNarrator> it's not exactly like that, there are some other strange smells overlaid on it, but that's as close as you can get.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Denise wrinkles her name and gives everyone a concerned 'this is not in the plan' look

<DiablotinNarrator> You can pick up the smell too, Hettie.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Argent, is your silence done by now I imagine?

<Argent> (probably only like 3 rounds of silence left at the most, Ill dismiss it then)

<Argent> (now we listen)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • <Hettienne> (w) somethin stinks

<Denise> (w) COuld it be one of them meat eatin' plant trap things liek Gen was talkin' about?

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you can hear what sounds like someone breathing quietly in the area of the room straight ahead of you. Down the hallway, you can hear something a bit odder, like a quiet squishing sound.

<Hettienne> (we gonna need more silence :o)

<Denise> I can prolly take care of one sleepin' lady, cyst or no cyst...

  • Argent will point to the sleeping sound, put up the whisper signal and recast silence, then move towards where we heard sleeping

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Denise waggles her fist

<Denise> (COm on let me KO punch one thing ever in this campaign ;)

<Argent> (im hoping it will)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh. okay, you can enter into that room, with silence up

  • Denise is visibly healing, ftr

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - that is a lady lying in bed. she does appear to be asleep.

  • Argent will motion to move in and give Denise the KO punch signal

<Denise> (can do!)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure

  • Hettienne keeps watch in the hall...

<DiablotinNarrator> That will certainly hit the asleep lady

  • Argent will bind her with rope, gag her, and remove any holy symbols or hidden component pouches... and make sure its Harmony

<Hettienne> (now we put her in a sack, right?)

<Denise> (lol)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - as you're doign this, something else is going to happen - Aubrienne and Hettie, being out in the hall there, can make a Will save.

<Argent> (damn plant smelt us as well)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume you are working on binding her and so on, Argent, but this may affect how much you can get done. okay - Aubrienne and Hettie, you both feel your minds suddenly flooded with thoughts/bits and pieces of information that aren't yours and don't feel like they're coming from inside your head. It overwhelms you and you are confused for... some rounds, sec. okay - you each take 2 damage to Int and Wis, and are confused (a s per the spell) for 4 rounds). So let's roll to see how that effects you.. Hettie first... if the first attack drops her, then I'll give a chance for Hettie to snap out of it

<Hettienne> (does she drop?)

<DiablotinNarrator> which I think it does?

<Aubrienne> Oh, yeah, she super drops. That's 6 points into negative.

<DiablotinNarrator>okay that puts Hettie on "Does nothing but babble incoherently", which I think is ... fair after that.

<Hettienne> asshjkjdhkhdkhdkha

<DiablotinNarrator> the worst part is, with the silence still up, you guys can't hear it -_-


<Denise> (We might smell the blood?)

<DiablotinNarrator> but I'll assume Denise and Argent can see the flash of the gun at least, and turn to look

  • Argent looks back and sees Hettie shooting?

<DiablotinNarrator> yup. you probably can't tell from here what she's shooting at

  • Argent will stop his binding and move to the hall drawing his rapier looking for the next threat

<DiablotinNarrator> so Hettie hits herself in the head, Aubrienne bleeds some more on the stairs, and then it's Argent's turn. and Argent, when you move out there you also need to make a Will save

<Argent> is it from an evil creature?

<DiablotinNarrator> no. so Argent, you feel that flood of thoughts/information invading your mind, but you're able to withstand it.

  • Argent dismisses the silence as a standard, free tries to locate aubrienne....

<Argent> Something's affected Hettie... shes confused...(ill start moving until I can see the threat or Aubrienne...)

<Denise> I'll get her

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you can see Aubrienne on the stairs, bleeding out.

<Argent> (move next to her)

  • Denise Murodea will try and grapple her aunt

<DiablotinNarrator> and Hettie gets 'act normally' for her last round of confusion, so.. yeah. do with that as you will, Hettie. whatever you feel is 'normally' in this situation @_@

<Hettienne> ... Brie..

  • Hettienne screams.

<Denise> "Argent's got her"

<Hettienne> OH MY GODS I SHOT HER

<Denise> "She'll be okay."

<Hettienne> I shot her... oh fuck me

  • Hettienne sobs

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne bleeds one more round, which I think takes you to a dramatic -8 or -9 or something? and then Argent can act.

  • Argent casts cure light wounds

<DiablotinNarrator> the confusion wears off then, although you're still -2 on Int and Wis.

<Aubrienne> Wha...what happened? Is everyone okay?

  • Denise Murodea will try and talk her aunt into giing me her gun, but I'll take it if I have to >.>
  • <Denise> "It's gonna be okay, it weren't your fault, but just gimmer thundercunt to be sure it's all over. Somethin's messin with your head."
  • Argent will hand Aubrienne a potion of cure moderate wounds and head towards where we heard the munching sound

<Argent> drink this

<DiablotinNarrator> You go through into this little hall and the squishing sound is coming from the door on your right (so, up, on the map)

  • Argent calls back...

<Argent> Get Harmony

  • Argent will approach and open the door

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay Argent - inside that room is what looks like a wet, squishy sack of flesh, about 5 feet by 5 feet. It pulsates as you approach and you hear a voice in your mind. "What are you?" Okay, you recall back from your excursion to the nursing home, one of the notes you guys found mentioned something about a "chrestomath" That's what this is, you are pretty sure. It's like a ... flesh library.

<Argent> (ewww) (detect evil)

<DiablotinNarrator> The thing does not radiate evil, although it is super gross.

  • Argent will respond back with his mind "something special"

<DiablotinNarrator> "You aren't like the others. You are beyond them."

  • <Denise> (I will make sure hettie and Aubrienne arent goign to hurt each other, and grab Harmony)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can do that, Denise

<Argent> :I dont know about that but I am leaving and you are dangerous with your expelling thoughts:

<DiablotinNarrator> :You can't take the others, I need them.:

<Hettienne> (brb bio)

<Argent> you've lost them by your own actions if you command them, otherwise they have lead to their own downfall... which is it?:

<DiablotinNarrator> they feed me... I share my knowledge with them in return:

<Argent> IF you can stop spreading your thoughts, infecting minds: I offer you the same bargain then, knowledge for food.

<DiablotinNarrator> .... yes. I accept.:

<Argent> can Aubrienne teleport yet?

<Aubrienne> (Yes)

<Argent> assuming she can, she can take meatbag and Hettie back to the safehouse while Denise and I cart the other two underground since you have to be willing to teleport and I doubt unless dead the other two would be willing

<DiablotinNarrator> it's going to be a hike but yeah, especially with Enver to help, you can do it.

<DiablotinNarrator> You manage to get all relevant parties to the safehouse, where Briony can, with some concern, check them over and make sure they're safely restrained.

The Imperial election results are announced

<DiablotinNarrator> On the following day, the Council gathers to vote on their chosen candidates.

<Xandhil> (eek!)

<DiablotinNarrator> The results are announced by mid-morning. Revelyne Fourre is chosen as the candidate who will go through the Arch.

<DiablotinNarrator> Whoever was chosen in second/third/fourth etc. place is not announced.

<DiablotinNarrator> Revelyne will go into seclusion for 24 hours, then be presented to the Arch for its ... approval? or not?

<DiablotinNarrator> What will happen in that 24 hours might be.. significant.

<Hettienne> (riots?)

<DiablotinNarrator> we'll see!

<Aubrienne> (Which one is Revelyne Fourre?)

<Xandhil> (She's the church candidate, isn't she?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

<Genevriel> (House Owl, hubby is a Spokesman)

<DiablotinNarrator> She's the church-backed possible Evictor type.

<Genevriel> (Revelyne Fourre (Owl, age 27) - daughter of a high-ranking priest in the Order of the Owl, part of a minor noble family, married with no children (her husband is a Spokesman))

<Aubrienne> (Grr)

<DiablotinNarrator> I think it's likely this is a ... controversial choice. Some riots or localized protests are definitely possible, Hettie. if you want to go find some windows to smash :)

<Aubrienne> Have Denise smash some windows for you.

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise KO's the windows

<DiablotinNarrator> they didn't have a chance

<Hettienne> I wanna riot

  • Denise is probably taking part in more... organized....crime ;)

<Denise> (targeted 'riots' and looting etc >.>)

<Denise> (well I dunno, Ander might need me for ther things ;P)

<Denise> 9Enver can though)

<Denise> (Bring me home a nice new radio sweetie)

Solos

Denise accompanies a shocked Janelle and Ander after the assassination attempt at their wedding

  • Janelle will get into the car
  • Janelle just closes her eyes for a moment, trying to compose herself

<Ander> Hey, it's gonna be okay

<Janelle> I can't believe it...

  • Ander will reach over and put his hand on her shoulder
  • Janelle bites her lip

<Denise> I can belive it, all right..

  • Denise says darkly

<Denise> But it ain't right an it ain't good

<Janelle> all that... for nothing

  • Janelle sounds shocked and a bit shaky

<Ander> It's not for nothin'. Someone had to try first, get the idea in folks heads.

  • Denise practically growls

<Denise> Well we can't let her be emprrss anyway, so prolly you still got a shot.

<Denise> They just want to use the arch to let the Cysts in >:|

<Janelle> it isn't up to us...

<Denise> I dunno about that.

  • Denise says flatly

<Ander> Woah there, Dee...

<Ander> What're you talkin' about?

<Denise> I mean it though! We can't let them get near the arch.

<Janelle> well... that's why Silvia and everyone are there. To make sure things are safe.

<Denise> Yeah.... still.

<Denise> Like, i bet the arch'll just spit her right back out anyway :p

<Denise> If it gets a chance

<Ander> Well there's an image.

  • Denise still glowers

<Denise> Am I takin' you home?

  • Janelle looks over at Ander

<Janelle> there will probably be reporters already waiting there...

  • Ander considers
  • Ander considers

<Ander> Could go back to mine and Ralf's

<Ander> I figure your Father's place'll be a zoo too

  • Janelle nods

<Janelle> all right

<Ander> Hopefully it ain't turned into a pit in the last few days

  • Denise nods and will set out that way via a somewhat circuitous route in case anyone is followig them for whatever reason

<Janelle> I couldn't believe she actually said "upholding the dignity of the Empire", ugh.

<Ander> We can call up and let Ralf an' your brother know where we are.

  • Janelle nods

<Denise> Funny way to talk for someone who wants to let it get taken over by gross alien things with no bodies :p

<Janelle> Like the rest of us wouldn't have!

<Janelle> .. upheld the dignity of the empire I mean - not ...

  • Janelle sighs

<Ander> Yeah we gotcha...

  • Ander guides her to lean on him a little

<Denise> Prolly they got into just enough council folks, or bribed 'em, or whatever >:|

<Denise> They tried to kill the Patriarch! Prolly.

<Janelle> I don't know. I think that might have helped her...

<Janelle> if people were feeling concerned about the church and its security and ... I don't know. maybe they just weren't ready for this much change :/

<Denise> well imagine if they'd done it then. Ugh! Maybe that's why!

<Ander> I don't know, Jan, there is somethin' to what Dee's goin' on about.

<Ander> She does still need to go through the arch, and there's lots of ways that could go.

  • Janelle looks a little surprised, but turns to Ander

<Ander> Until she comes out of there confirmed, it ain't over

<Denise> . o O (Jan :3)

<Janelle> even if you're right... we still don't know who they chose next. I could be in last place.

<Ander> Could be, but could not be. I'm just sayin' this ain't certain yet.

<Denise> they wouldn't put you *last*.

  • Denise says with absolute confidence
  • Janelle smiles a little at Denise's faith in her
  • Janelle rests her head against Ander's shoulder

<Ander> You want Dee to go pick us up somethin', maybe? Some dinner? A drink?

<Janelle> oh... that would be nice. dinner. I .. hadn't even thought about food.

<Ander> Yeah... I figured

  • Denise grumbles a bit to herself about ot being *sure* no one is trying to kill them but she *guesses* its okay...

<Ander> Were not helpless, Dee...

<Denise> I know, just... I'm all worried 'bout everythin'. An Mad. Mad an' worried. And I bet it's worse for you. At least the mad bit.

<Janelle> Ander's right - it will be all right.

  • Janelle tries to sound reassuring.

<Ander> yeah...

<Ander> We'll be okay, Dee.

  • Denise nods, but thinking to herself that sometimes things being okay needs a little bit of help.
  • Denise will drive you to Ander and Ralf's place and leave you to your own devices while she goes to pic up some dinner and probably some liquor
  • Denise knocks at the door gain a while later
  • Ander comes to the door.
  • Janelle is sitting in the kitchen behind him, trying too look like she hasn't been crying, but not entirely succeeding
  • Denise passes over some containers from the diner and a bottle in a brown paper bag >.>

<Denise> boss!

  • Denise looks a little more bright eyed

<Denise> there's folks out chantin in the streets an stuff :D

<Ander> yeah... they set anythin' on fire yet?

<Denise> >.> I seen a few smashed in windows... Plus I heard the Colour GUrd is gonna make some kinda march and folks are out lookin' for them.

  • Ander makes a face.

<Ander> Swell.

<Denise> YOu still wanna stay here...?

  • Ander looks back at Janelle to answer that
  • Janelle purses her lips

<Janelle> yes... I mean, they don't know we're here. Going out would just be worse. But maybe you should call Ralf and make sure he gets here safely?

  • Ander smiles a bit wryly, amused at her concern for Ralf

<Ander> yeah, we can give im a head's up.

<Denise> I'd say I could go pick im up, but honestly boss, I did what I could to park the car somewhere safe, an I feel like prolly it ai't a good plan to take it out unless we need it.

<Ander> Ralf'll be alright.

<Janelle> Do you need to check on your family, Denise?

  • Janelle asks, concerned
  • Denise frowns, looking a bit concerned.

<Ander> You go ahead, Dee. We're just gonna hole up here all quiet, an Ralf'll be along soon. If your folks are okay, maybe go check in at the cellar an see what's goin' on there. If its anything I oughtta know about, have 'em call me here, okay?

  • Denise looks a little torn.... but only a little, because family

<Denise> Thanks boss.

<Denise> I promise I won't light nothin' on fire that didn't deserve it >.>

<Ander> *sigh*

<Ander> Stay outta trouble.

<Denise> Yes boss :3

  • Denise will head off then

Genevriel talks to August about raising Raimond from the dead

  • Genevriel would visit August as soon after Raimond's passing as possible... so probably the following morning?

<August> (okay, sounds good. visit him at his home?)

<Genevriel> (Sure. No Madds there to get his knickers in a knot)

  • Genevriel brings some home-baked treats for August - it's a matter of habit by now.
  • August welcomes you in

<Genevriel> Hi...

<August> good morning :)

  • Genevriel smiles, looking rather preoccupied/introspective.

<Genevriel> Yes... good morning.

<August> what's this you have here?

<Genevriel> (Oh, in terms of timing... is this the morning that the Owl candidate is announced as the probable new Emperor, or would that be tomorrow?)

<August> (that would be tomorrow)

<Genevriel> Some lemon and ginger scones - the recipe makes too many for just Madds and I.

<Genevriel> They do keep well, but I didn't want to come empty-handed.

<August> thank you, that'll make a lovely breakfast

<Genevriel> Oh - did I come too early? I'm so sorry.

<Genevriel> I never remember that you work late.

<August> well, even with the club closed, I'm used to sleeping odd hours.

<August> but it's fine - good to be up and about :)

<Genevriel> Right, it wouldn't be open. Poor Titania...

  • Genevriel sighs.

<August> how about you, how are you doing?

  • Genevriel finds a seat in whatever room August takes her to.
  • August asks as he puts on some coffee

<August> (kitchen)

<Genevriel> Me? I'm fine, thanks. A bit disorganized in thought this morning.

<Genevriel> How are you?

<August> Trying to take advantage of the quiet while it's here. I feel like it may all change shortly.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> You mean with this election?

<Genevriel> It's the first one I've gone through...

<Genevriel> I don't really know what to expect.

<August> Yes, that, and just in general.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Have you... Do any of your fellows know anything about the Cyst?

<Genevriel> Or the Dark Tapestry?

<Genevriel> (Do you or any of your fellows, that should have been... )

<August> The Cyst... yes, it's a term I've heard before.

<Genevriel> Do you know if there's an easier way to spot them than hoping whoever's been possessed has been possessed long enough that they dislike the sun's touch?

<Genevriel> I mean, that works, in a pinch, but it would be ever so much easier to catch them sooner than that.

<August> I think if there was something easy, we'd all be using it.

<Genevriel> And the host might survive better...

  • Genevriel frowns slightly and nods.

<Genevriel> We stopped an Irminsul from manifesting last night...

<August> how?

<Genevriel> I honestly have no idea. But if you feel up to it, we can go ask Sirris in a few days.

<Genevriel> The problem is that he won't be able to do it again, in all likelihood. It took a lot out of him.

<Genevriel> It started manifesting because one of the veterans from Seda Grove passed...

<August> I'm sorry to hear that.

  • Genevriel nods, somewhat hesitant.

<Genevriel> August, I have a confusing and possibly awful confession to make.

<August> only possibly awful?

<August> well now I'm intrigued

<Genevriel> He died, and his wife was so sad. I prayed, "Let him come back." And he did. At least long enough to tell her he was at peace and felt free. He might have lived longer if his lungs hadn't been beyond repair from a gas attack in the war, too.

<Genevriel> Is that awful? I was always taught that even though the magic exists to bring someone back, no priest of the Seven would ever choose to use it.

<Genevriel> And I'm not of the Seven... but I was raised that way.

<Genevriel> And I don't know if I could resist making such a prayer again, if I had the opportunity.

<Genevriel> Am I awful?

  • August listens and considers that question

<August> It was immediately after he died?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I have the feeling that it wouldn't work if I waited too long.

<Genevriel> But, as someone with the knowledge and ability to heal, I am quite likely to find myself witnessing more deaths in the years to come.

<Genevriel> So the temptation will be there.

<August> Well, I'm not a priest. So I can't tell you what a priest might think of this.

<August> But I can tell you what I think.

  • Genevriel nods.

<August> As I see it, healing magic can bring people back from the very brink of death, and no one thinks that's wrong.

<August> But you're a healer, so surely you know that sometimes the precise moment at which a person is dead might not be easy to tell, or might mean different things in different case.s

<August> Is it when they stop breathing? When their heart stops?

<August> And would the gods be upset if you healed them of a terrible injury after they stopped breathing, but perhaps while their heart was still managing a few more beats?

<August> Theologically, I believe the concern is with bringing back someone who has been dead for days or years - that if they've been reborn, it could arguably affect their soul's status.

  • Genevriel nods.

<August> But if they've been dead for only a few seconds... Well, I don't think that's enough time for their soul to have gone to the centre, be judged, and have a chance to make its way into a new body.

<Genevriel> I was hoping you might say something like that. I'd been thinking along the same lines, but... I wanted to make sure I wasn't just excusing something unconscionable because I did it. It's reassuring to hear it from someone else.

<Genevriel> I tossed and turned last night. Poor Madds... Finally I went to the couch so he could sleep.

  • Genevriel looks somewhat relieved.

<Genevriel> Hugo said our patient was having some vision about the Dark Tapestry as he lay dying.

<Genevriel> What do you know about it?

<August> That, I don't know about.

<Genevriel> No? All right.

<Genevriel> It's some Cosovode thing, I guess, but my understanding is that they aren't particularly forthcoming.

  • August nods
  • August thinks about that for a moment

<August> Well, the ones who come here and stick around might be more chatty than the ones who keep to themselves. I do know a few elves, or half-elves.

<Genevriel> I know the Orecalos.

  • August nods

<August> There's Kai, from the club. He's got the mystical mumbo jumbo down pat, but he's from here.

<Genevriel> So everything he says might well be bullshit?

  • Genevriel smiles a little.

<August> Well, maybe, but he mostly does that for the tourists :)

<August> in learning all that claptrap, maybe he picked up a real thing or two along the way

<Genevriel> Perhaps...

<Genevriel> I'll keep him in mind.

<August> And there's a lady of the evening name of Eideline. She's been here longer than most, and she knows a thing or two as well.

<Genevriel> Hm...

<August> Not just about the obvious aspects of her trade ;p

  • Genevriel writes the names down in the notebook she usually carries around with her.

<Genevriel> Those are the last things someone like me would be liable to ask about...

  • Genevriel replies absentmindedly.

<Genevriel> Oh!

  • Genevriel closes her notebook with a snap.

<Genevriel> I just realized how long it's been since I tried sleeping without Pleasant Dreams.

<Genevriel> I had an awful dream. Madds thought it was probably mostly a nightmare.

<Genevriel> It was heavily influenced by some recent unpleasant experiences...

<Genevriel> I should probably try it again now that I'm more or less on an even keel once more.

<Genevriel> I'll discuss it with Madds.

  • August nods

<August> How is he doing?

<Genevriel> Really well, I think.

<Genevriel> He worries a lot about me, though.

<Genevriel> He wasn't like that before the war.

<August> well, you're mixed up in some odd things at the moment. Maybe it was easier for him to understand who to worry about when the enemy was more obvious...

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> I don't think it's the worst thing ever. It might be a little endearing, actually. But I wish he didn't have to worry about me.

<Genevriel> How about you?

<Genevriel> Any close encounters of the strange kind recently?

<August> Not unless you count being up in the morning to talk to you :)

  • August teases

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Fair. That's fair.

  • Genevriel smiles self-deprecatingly.
  • Genevriel will turn the conversation to mundane things and enjoy second breakfast with August.
  • August enjoys scones and coffee with you

<Genevriel> (Gen should tell August about how lovely Madds' parents are, among the mundane things. ^-^)