Diablotin 3 session 61

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 61 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: October 1, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> There are riots! After the announcement of Revelyne as the candidate who's been chosen to go through the Arch, there are various protests and civic unrest, especially in the Shambles, the Shade, Pearl, Rhenea... the poorer parts of the city and the ones more populated with Rats, SK, outsiders (in the general sense).

<DiablotinNarrator> The Colour Guard also holds some marches and counter-protests, and there are clashes as a result. Guards are also out in force, trying to keep order, but not entirely succeeding.

<DiablotinNarrator> As the news spreads there are also reports of protests in other parts of the Empire, notably in Psyra...

Hugo gathers everyone for a briefing session

<DiablotinNarrator> Now in the midst of all this, it's my understanding that Hugo wants to get people together to have a chat. So... maybe at the club, which is currently closed? it would be quiet anyway. Or at Hugo's apartment, whatever.

<Hugonel> (sure)

<Hugonel> (the club works)

<DiablotinNarrator> Tits can give Aubrienne the key ;)

<Aubrienne> (Woo!)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo did you want anyone else to be there (like do I need any NPCs?)

<Hugonel> (no, just the PCs is fine I think)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Dorien> (All of us?)

<Hugonel> (all are invited, come if you want, be there or be absent)

<Dorien> (k)

  • Denise will go
  • Dorien will show up
  • Hugonel sets out a couple wine bottles for people in advance, just in case we need it

<DiablotinNarrator> (free booze!)

<Hugonel> (how long is this after a) the wedding; b) the candidate announcement?)

<Aubrienne> (Hey, whoa, not free booze)

<Aubrienne> (Presumably Tits' booze)

<DiablotinNarrator> (this is 3 days after the wedding and 1 day after the candidate announcement. I think. timelines whyyy)

<Hugonel> (I'll drop a couple imps in the till to cover it)

<Hugonel> (ok thanks)

<Hugonel> (so is anyone *not* there?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (well I guess we'll assume Argent is there but quiet, in case Terry comes in late?)

  • Denise looks like she might have been out late and not slept

<Hugonel> (kk)

  • Denise has coffee
  • Hugonel is in a black button down shirt and is scarfless, I repeat, scarfless

<DiablotinNarrator> (I would assume this is in the morning, just so we have time for other things later in the day ;)

  • Dorien looks like he came straight from the lab, lab coat and all.

<Denise> (I was gonna say also like she's maybe been in some dustups, but she heals. I guess her clothes could be messed up and such but hey ;)

<Hugonel> Thank you all for coming. First, I do want to apologize if I have been out of touch the last little while. I know we have all been very busy with our various engagements and activities, and recent events have accelerated that pace considerably.

<Hugonel> I should begin by letting you know, if you don't know already, that Raimond Neherin has died, three days ago.

<Denise> Aww..... What happened to the tree? :o

<Aubrienne> Oh, no...

<Genevriel> We're still trying to ascertain that with certainty. For now, know that it seems to have been neutralized.

<Hugonel> As best I can tell, and much remains unclear, as you might imagine, Sirris, who was there at the time, took the tree ... into himself?

<Hugonel> It is particularly confusing, as you might imagine.

<Genevriel> Unfortunately he doesn't think he can do it more than once.

<Hugonel> What exactly it all means, in the long term, we do not know.

<Denise> huh

<Denise> coudl someone else?

<Hugonel> Sirris is ... very special. I couldn't say whether a lesser being could do so.

<Hugonel> I have yet to speak to Sirris since it all happened.

  • Denise looks dubious

<Genevriel> He needed a few days to recuperate.

<Denise> . o O (I bet Argent could do it)

<Hettienne> Wait he what

<Hettienne> No offense to your friend but that seems like areal stupid idea

<Hugonel> It is not my place to counsel him. I agree that there surely is some risk involved.

<Dorien> Doesn't that just... move the problem? How do we know it's neutralized?

<Aubrienne> Hettie, if anyone can handle it, it's Sirris.

<Denise> well it's prolly better than havin' another irminsul or whatever...

<Hugonel> We don't, but I suppose, at least, we have time to figure things out.

<Hugonel> At the time he took ill, well, of course I mean, his final illness, Raimond had some sort of episodic vision relating to the Dark Tapestry.

<Denise> oh swell -_-

<Aubrienne> And, yeah, it at least buys us some time.

<Aubrienne> Wait, what?

<Hugonel> I shared some of his memories, when he was delirious. They were very disturbing, and I do not claim any particular knowledge of their import, how the Tapestry relates to the Irminsul relates to the Cyst relates to ... void, it's complicated.

<Dorien> More wine?

  • Dorien profers the bottle

<Hugonel> Indeed, I thought we might need the strength.

<Denise> you got any whiskey >.>

  • Genevriel studiously tries to ignore the bottle.
  • Aubrienne goes to get stronger stuff

<Hugonel> I also have some more information, perhaps even more disturbing.

  • Denise rebraids her hair
  • Denise looks at Hettie
  • Hettienne rubs her stomach, looking upset and angry

<Denise> well we got some *good*-ish news?

<Denise> Like

<Denise> we picked up one of the priests yesterday whos got a cyst in her, so we can find out some more stuff

<Denise> and some big gross.... brian....thing

<Dorien> Wait... really?

<Dorien> You have one?

<Denise> and I know a few more got brought in too

<Denise> so like... we're closin' in on their network

<Denise> yup

<Genevriel> ...

<Dorien> Where?

<Aubrienne> As much as we can.

<Hugonel> That is good news indeed.

<Denise> (brain, not brian, clearly)

<Genevriel> A few more 'gross brain things' or a few more people possessed by Cyst entities?

<Denise> people

<Dorien> I need access to it, as soon as possible. I need to start testing...

<Denise> uh

  • Aubrienne sets down a few bottles of various liquors.

<Denise> Talk to Argent :p

<Denise> I dunno if it'll let you do that but if you ask nice it might just tell you :p

<Genevriel> Dorien, remember that there's a person involved, not just an extraplanar invader, please.

<Aubrienne> We need to be careful here, Dor.

<Dorien> I know, but... think of what we could learn! I might be able to find a way to detect them... even expel them...

<Denise> well, prolly we can figure out somethin'

  • Denise glances at quet Argent and shrugs

<Aubrienne> I understand that, and you should study it, but it's dangerous. For you and its host.

<Denise> (quiet)

  • Genevriel nods.

<Denise> the brain-thing is just..., it'll mess with your head

<Hugonel> I agree with Dorien. Well worth the risk.

<Dorien> Not studying it is dangerous for the whole dimension.

<Hettienne> I almost killed Brie...

<Aubrienne> But you didn't Hettie.

<Hettienne> I coulda.

  • Aubrienne puts a hand on Hettie's shoulder and gives it a squeeze.

<Aubrienne> I'm fine, I promise.

<Hettienne> Like a few inches higher and Argent'd've been scraping your brains off the wall instead of healin' you up

<Genevriel> ...

<Denise> but you didn't...

<Aubrienne> I'll remember to cast more protection spells next time.

<Denise> but still

  • Denise looks at DOrien

<Aubrienne> It's okay.

<Denise> YOu gotta be careful.

<Dorien> I'll be careful. I'm a scientist.

<Genevriel> I... have some news.

<Denise> un huh. I see where you live, Mr. Scientist

  • Genevriel sounds reluctant but duty-bound to share it.
  • Dorien raises an eyebrow at Gen.

<Genevriel> I can... apparently bring people back to life, as long as I'm there and do it right after they die. So, if you're in situations where one of you could get killed, or where a research subject could get killed, consider having me there.

<Denise> huh

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> huh

<Aubrienne> Wow.

<Hettienne> What

<Hettienne> Wait what

<Genevriel> Theologically an immediate resurrection is not so bad, but all the same, I am not sure that the Church would... condone it.

<Aubrienne> How exactly did you find out you could do this?

<Genevriel> So please keep this to yourselves.

<Genevriel> Hugo asked me to help when Raimond was doing poorly.

<Hettienne> Yeah what she said

<Hettienne> ... but he still died

<Genevriel> He died. I had the Deathwatch goggles on and he was very definitely dead.

<Aubrienne> What Hettie said.

<Genevriel> But his wife was so sad... and I lost my own family... I would have done anything to be able to bring them back.

<Genevriel> So I prayed for him to come back. He did, but his lungs were too badly damaged for him to survive so he didn't last long.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Genevriel> Perhaps in time I would be able to repair the damage done to his lungs by gas during the war, but I'm not there yet.

<Hugonel> I don't know what exactly happened there that night but, he did seem to ...revive, if only for a few moments.

<Denise> :/

<Aubrienne> I don't mean to criticize, or make light or anything, but you can bring people back but not heal them?

<Aubrienne> Ah.

<Genevriel> I can heal a great many hurts, but not organs... or limbs... that have been destroyed.

<Aubrienne> It sounds like you were able to give him a chance to say goodbye, and that in itself is something of a miracle.

<Hugonel> If it were not potentially heretical, it would be very interesting to know whether someone slain by injury could be so revived. But at the moment, given the political turmoil, probably best not to look for opportunities to experiment.

<Aubrienne> Hugo, that's positively ghoulish.

<Aubrienne> ...academically intriguing, sure, but ghoulish nonetheless.

<Denise> Andwayh, we ain't gonna sell you out

<Hugonel> We live in a ghoulish age. We've all had to see and do things far beyond what anyone should have to.

<Hugonel> Speaking of which ... upon my return from attending to Raimond ... Eirini came to visit me, with grim news.

<Hettienne> grim news??

<Hettienne> you dont

<Hettienne> fucking

<Hettienne> say

<Denise> (Yo terry... I'll catch you up in msg)

<Hettienne> what a surprise

  • Aubrienne smirks at Hettie.
  • Hettienne throws her hands up.

<Hugonel> Amanita is apparently affected by her role in cleansing the Irminsul.

<DiablotinNarrator> (not Amanita. Linthira.)

<Aubrienne> (I thought it was...yeah)

<Hugonel> Her behavior has been erratic, intransigent, and cruel.

<Hugonel> (sorry, my bad)

<Aubrienne> Because that's unusual for the fey.

  • Hettienne resists the urge to high-five you

<Aubrienne> Is this another cyst issue?

<Hugonel> Turning people into trees for minor infractions. Blinding her once-allies.

<Hugonel> I don't know. Eirini was afraid of Linthira, that's for certain, and that was very alarming.

<Aubrienne> To put that in perspective, we already knew she had done those things, we just didn't realize it was unusual.

<Hugonel> She was also deeply concerned about Linthira's influence on our government, which she characterized as strong.

<Aubrienne> She is the one with the most contact.

  • Denise sighs

<Aubrienne> Do we need to seek an audience?

<Denise> so she could mayeb got a cyst?

<Aubrienne> So to speak.

<Denise> do we need to kick her ass? :p

<Aubrienne> What she said.

<Hugonel> I don't know what is best. Last month I would have said we take this to Loick and Marl, perhaps have Princess-Imperial Ilphere "investigate".

<Aubrienne> I've got some choice words for my ersatz sister-in-law, or whatever she is, anyway.

<Aubrienne> Well, we still *know* Princess Ilphere.

<Aubrienne> We could still talk to her.

<Hugonel> I don't know who to trust. Honestly, given the extent of the corruption, even us meeting here seems risky. How do we know that we have not been compromised?

<Aubrienne> I could put up a circle, if it will make you feel better.

<Hettienne> well I know *I* ain't been compromised

  • Aubrienne smiles at that.

<Dorien> I'm fine

<Hugonel> I mean ... I don't mean to suggest that we are compromised at this moment. But vigilance is called for.

<Aubrienne> I don't think you can vouch for yourself on this, guys.

<Denise> then do the circle thing I guess, so we can all feel better about bein' right

<Dorien> That's... not a bad idea, honestly

<Aubrienne> I was joking, D, I don't...wait, really?

<Aubrienne> You think we need a magic circle just to meet?

<Denise> well I don't know what it does

  • Denise says

<Hugonel> I don't see any reason to object.

<Denise> but like, everythihn's so weird so why not?

<Denise> I mean unless it's hard or somethin' :3

<Aubrienne> *sigh*

<Dorien> It would make us all feel better at least.

<Aubrienne> Give me a second to go get my silver.

<Aubrienne> I didn't think I'd need it for this.

  • Argent will detect evil around the room and the people

<Aubrienne> I might have some in my dressing room, but, if not, I need to 'port home and back.

  • Aubrienne goes to search her dressing room.

<Argent> (anyone evil?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (not that I know of!)

<Denise> what kinda silver do you need, Brie?

<Aubrienne> Powdered silver. Why?

<Argent> there are no evil auras here. We are likely safe.

<Aubrienne> I can't just set up a ring of cutlery.

<Denise> :3

  • Argent will run the gambit of law and chaos to get a baseline for everyone as well

<Argent> (so who is what good/lawful/chaotic?)

<Denise> well that sounds liek prolly too much trouble.

  • Denise is chaotc good :D

<Denise> (shocking I know)

  • Aubrienne is neutral good.

<Hugonel> Chaotic Awesome (good)

  • Dorien is neutral neutral, though leaning toward neutral good.

<Denise> (He can only see if you are good or chaotic or lawful though. I suppose neutralness is sort of detectable by default :p)

<Argent> (basically you show up as none for all three, and you werent evil so.... by deduction...)

<Genevriel> (Neutral Good)

<Hettienne> (chaotic good)

<Argent> I wouldnt typically do this around friends, but I've got a measure of everyone's aura... even if they can somehow suppress thier evil aura while being possessed, they may not be able to exactly match yours, so I may be able to spot them regardless, at least amongst us.

<Hugonel> Well, so we're not corrupted. Now what do we do?

<Denise> well

<Argent> unless you know how we can get access to Linthira to assess her state, I have a suggestion.

<Denise> we gotta make sure that if this stupid curch lady is gonna be our stupid empress, she at lest ain't lettin the cysts, or Kaorti, or whatever, in.

<Argent> The arch has been warned, I dont think it would allow it, at least I would like to think that

  • Denise grumbles

<Denise> you know what she said> She said her bein' picke was to 'uphold the dignity of the empire' >:|

<Denise> She the worst they coulda picked >:|

<Aubrienne> Ugh.

<Argent> getting access to her in her seclusion would be difficult and risky

<Hettienne> Fuckin' bullshit

<Denise> un huh

<Hettienne> I hope the arch eats her

<Dorien> It might just.

<Aubrienne> We can dream.

<Genevriel> Hopefully she doesn't give it indigestion.

  • Denise mutters something about how much dgnity she'll have when it leaves her wearin' diapers for the rest of her life

<Argent> maybe we can find out by questioning the chrestomath

<Dorien> Wait, the what?

<Argent> in fact I highly recommend that

<Denise> that's the brain thing

<Dorien> Oh.

<Dorien> Proceed.

<Hettienne> I'm not goin' near that thing.

<Argent> It was kept by Sister Harmony, so may have been included in the Cyst's plans

<Argent> or at least used as a resource in developing them

<Aubrienne> It didn't read as evil, right, Argent?

<Argent> but to be honest... I'm just not trained or educated enough on how to approach it

<Argent> no its not evil... it seems like it was used as a tool or resource

  • Argent looks at Hugo and Aubrienne

<Argent> you're both Castalia trained are you not?

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+20

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 36 ].

<Genevriel> (That's for a K:Planes role on how to approach a Chrestomath)

<Aubrienne> (Why am I blanking on the name for Rat sorcerers?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (the Vjestaci)

<Hugonel> Yes, I trained at the Castalia.

<Aubrienne> (Thank you. All I could think was the Mala Tajna, and I know that's not it :p)

<Aubrienne> Vjestaci, but just as good.

<Aubrienne> Why do you ask?

<Argent> really anyone with arcane and planar knowledge would probably be best to work out information from it

<Argent> its basically a living library

<Aubrienne> I'd certainly like a chance to speak with it.

<Dorien> I might be able to help with that then.

<Genevriel> If any of us speak to it, you'll need to be careful. They're not especially good at regulating how much information they blast out at you telepathically.

<Genevriel> It could be overwhelming.

<Dorien> I'm sure my brain is big enough to handle it.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, there's lots of empty room in there for it to fill.

<Dorien> -_-

<Genevriel> And, although they are not predatory, they do sustain themselves on knowledge, in a relationship reminiscent of paratisitism.

<Genevriel> You'd want to be strong-willed if you're going to try communicating with one.

<Aubrienne> We can prep.

<Hugonel> I agree, there are things we can do to protect ourselves.

<Argent> Sorry Gen, I should have realized you may have some insight on it.

<Genevriel> I am easily forgotten.

  • Genevriel replies in a self-deprecating way with maybe a hint of reproach. ;)
  • Hettienne rolls her eyes

<Genevriel> If you wish to sustain it, Argent, you will have to 'feed' it knowledge.

<Genevriel> Usually that is damaging to the person from whom the knowledge is taken.

<Dorien> How damaging?

<Genevriel> They'd likely lose their memories and knowledge - whatever is taken from them to feed the Chrestomath.

<Argent> I only intend to keep it around long enough to glean what the Cyst are planning and then get it Dimissed

<Argent> (sp Dismissed)

  • Denise looks concerned

<Denise> and they were feedin' this thing?

<Denise> were they like... emptyin' out peple's heads to they could put cysts in there?

<Aubrienne> I wonder if it can choose what it takes.

<Denise> Is that what they did to Agate? :o

<Aubrienne> That might be therapeutic, if properly applied.

<Denise> I dunno about that

<Denise> hey maybe we can feed it the tree in Sirris's head :p

<Argent> Lets get some answers from it first

<Hettienne> lol

<Hettienne> (ww)

<Hugonel> I agree, if we take many precautions, getting answers from it first is preferable.

<Hettienne> Well, have fun with that

<Genevriel> Just be very careful. Denise might be on to something.

<Dorien> I would say it can't hurt to try but... It could probably hurt a lot, actually.

<Denise> Well, at lest it's somethin' we can *do*.

<Denise> I'm just gonna.... look out for the streets, I guess, for now. An the boss..

  • Denise sighs

<Aubrienne> Be careful.

<Denise> un huh

<Aubrienne> I know you can take care of yourself and all, but it's been bad out there.

<Denise> Oh I know

  • Denise dusts off her sleeves

<Denise> >.>

<Hettienne> I'll take the streets over that psychic scrotum anyday

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Genevriel> o_O

<Hugonel> Well, on that note, thank you all for coming. These are troubled times, but it is good to know that we have each other, at least.

<Dorien> It is.

<Dorien> If any of you ever need anything... a place to stay or... whatever. I'm around.

<Genevriel> Keep in touch and do consider calling me if you think I might be of assistance with anything.

<Aubrienne> Likewise.

<Dorien> We need to watch out for each other.

  • Denise nods to Dorien
  • Genevriel collects her things and heads out to pick up some groceries for her and Madds. :3

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - who would like to go talk to the chrestomath, or visit the Cyst folks, or beat up some nazis? I mean colour guard >.>

<Dorien> I would! :D

<Aubrienne> (A and B, but likely not C)

<Denise> (def beat up some colour guarders, possibly talk to some cyst folks? Or be there to loom as others do ;)

<Dorien> Any or all of those things

<Aubrienne> (I mean, I'll beat up nazis if necessary, but not going to go out of my way just now)

<Dorien> (Actually I am likely not very useful in beating up nazis)

<Genevriel> (I figured I'd just be doing the scene you meant for me last Sunday)

<DiablotinNarrator> (hee)

<Dorien> (But I will offer moral support)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, I can do that, Gen

<Argent> (ill make sure whoever is doing A or B is not alone)

Genevriel is present when guards try to take the patients from Silvia's home

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. I'll do Gen's scene first, then we can do interrogations, and then punch some racists :)

<Genevriel> (OK)

<Dorien> (k)

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, after this meeting, let's say you stop in at Silvia's house to check on the remaining patients. With Silvia and Janelle currently otherwise occupied, some of the other channels have been taking turns looking after the patients, although I'm sure you are stopping in regularly to check on them when you can.

<Genevriel> (OK - and maybe also seeing how Sirris is doing. ^-^)

<DiablotinNarrator> Sirris is at his own house, but it's next door, so you can check in there too :)

<DiablotinNarrator> However, when you arrive, there is some commotion going on.

  • Genevriel immediately goes on high alert. What's up?

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a truck outside, unmarked, and several uniformed people are standing guard outside, while others are in the process of removing the patients from Silvia's house. The Channel who was keeping an eye on things, Mikel, is currently standing by the door loudly telling them not to remove the patients, but he is being ignored.

  • Genevriel gets kind of angry about the guards, and approaches the channel for a report.

<Mikel> You can't take them, you don't have permission to take them!

<Genevriel> What's happening?

<Genevriel> (What kind of uniforms are they? City guard? Palace guard? Military?)

<Mikel> They came and just said they were taking them into protective care, an' had some papers to show for it, but I don't think this is right >:(

<DiablotinNarrator> Military, Gen.

<Genevriel> Do you have the papers?

  • Genevriel asks Mikel.
  • Genevriel wants to see what they say.

<Mikel> They just showed 'em.

  • Genevriel scans them for someone with an air of command, who might have the papers.

<Mikel> Should I go get Sirris an' them? I don't know who else could help :/

<Genevriel> Yes, a good idea.

<Mikel> okay

  • Mikel will run off to get Sirris and anyone else who might be available to assist
  • Genevriel will approach whoever appears to be in charge, expecting this to be a very bad idea but not sure what else to do.

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, there is one officer who seems to be in charge, you could talk to him.

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb sec, sorry)

<Genevriel> (Any insignia on his uniform that suggest his rank, unit, etc?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Medical corps, he's a Captain let's say)

  • Officer is a 40 something man with greying hair, looks very stern.

<Genevriel> Excuse me, Captain. I believe we are legally entitled to a copy of the papers you have authorizing you to take these patients from our care.

  • Genevriel stands firm and looks like she won't broker any nonsense.

<Genevriel> (I can roll Intimidate if necessary, lol. I am tall.  ;) )

<Officer> It's the Warlord's orders, mademoiselle.

<Officer> (you can roll intimidate, sure :)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 14 ].

<Genevriel> (I'll Destiny reroll)

<Officer> (okay)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 8 ].

<Genevriel> (Well, I'm not particularly intimidating.)

<Genevriel> (:) But I am projecting confidence, or trying to.  ;D )

  • Officer seems unintimidated, but will show you the papers. It is basically as he said - authorizing them to take these people into protective custody because they pose a potential danger to the Empire, on the orders of the Warlord.

<Genevriel> Thank you.

<Genevriel> (Do the papers say where they're to be taken to?)

<DiablotinNarrator> No, just "protective custody".

<DiablotinNarrator> Sirris, Xan, and Justen can show up around this time.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I assume Mikel filled them in on the basics of what was happening)

  • Justen will stroll up and put on his "I'm a lawyer" voice.

<Genevriel> My colleagues and I have been working very closely with these patients; we know how to keep them safe and safely. That being said, The Warlord's orders certainly carry some weight. My concern, and that of my colleagues, would be whether the healers who will be taking these patients under their care wi-

<Justen> Excuse me, what seems to be going on here?

<Genevriel> Oh, well, have a look at these.

  • Genevriel passes the papers to Justen.
  • Justen will get his glasses out of his pocket and look them over.
  • Xandhil looks casually and perhaps hastily dressed
  • Xandhil looks from Gen to the officer

<Justen> These are signed and dated after the death of Emperor Marl.

<Xandhil> Do we know there they're taking these people?

  • Justen points out.

<Xandhil> oooh

<Genevriel> Just into 'protective custody'.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I don't think they're taing them anywhwre, actually

  • Genevriel looks highly unimpressed by that fact, as she knows it probably means back to that godawful 'home' we broke them out of.
  • Xandhil says inclining his head to Justen

<Justen> No, they're not - at least not without additional documentation. While the Warlord is still the Warlord until such time as a new Emperor is appointed, I think we can tie this up until then.

  • Xandhil will smile at thr captain ~charmingly~

<Xandhil> If you will please have your men return the patients, showing the utmost care...

<Justen> Yes, while we take the time to review these papers more closely - to be sure no laws are being violated, of course.

<Xandhil> (I mean if you wanna roll a will save on that go ahead sir)

<Justen> (hahah)

<Justen> I'm sure you understand our concerns for the welfare of these patients.

  • Justen says with a smile
  • Officer nods understandinly.

<Officer> Yes, certainly. Bring them back in.

  • Officer orders, and the soldiers, looking rather confused, will do as he says.

<Genevriel> Thank you, Captain.

  • Genevriel smiles sweetly.
  • Genevriel will turn to Sirris and Mikel once the military people are gone.

<Officer> Of course we'll need to return once we've verified the orders. In the meantime, review the paperwork so you can be assured of its validity. These individuals pose a risk to the security of the Empire.

  • Officer will say as they head off.

<Genevriel> Is there another safehouse we can take them to in the interim?

  • Genevriel looks over at Justen. "And is that, in fact, advisable?"

<Sirris> Well, we could take them to the temple.

  • Sirris suggests, cautiously.

<Genevriel> Does the temple have legal protection as a sanctuary?

<Xandhil> Sirris, they would probably loev an excuse to raid your temple right about now :/

<Xandhil> no, because they won't officially recognize rhe worshi of Serpent -_-

  • Xandhil looks at Justen for confirmation

<Xandhil> BUt

  • Genevriel nods, thinking hard for a way to keep the patients safe.

<Xandhil> Alma would probably take them, and they can't do anything to her.

<Xandhil> Best I can come up with on the fly :p

<Genevriel> It's better than nothing. I am almost certain 'Protective Custody' means back to the hellhole they were being kept in and experimented on.

  • Justen nods

<Justen> Alma might be the best bet as far as someone with the authority to keep them out of her house, and protective care for them while we try to sort this out.

<Genevriel> There is a danger, of course... If any of them should die, it might give rise to another Irminsul, and this time we'd likely have no way of containing it. We'll have to assess the patients and see who is actually stable enough to move.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Would teleporting the less stable ones be safe?

<Xandhil> it shoudl be

<Xandhil> as long as any of the.... stuff they need goes with them

  • Genevriel nods.

<Xandhil> We can get word to Sylvia as well....

<Xandhil> Thanks.

  • Xandhil says to Gen

<Genevriel> For what? I didn't do anything.

  • Genevriel looks mystified. It really was Justen and you and Sirris. ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay so - plan is to teleport them to Alma's house?

<Xandhil> (I think so.... I mean someone can go ahead and warm her maybe ;p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<Xandhil> YOu bought some time.

<DiablotinNarrator> (get Xan to go warn her, and Justen to follow up with the patients?)

<Xandhil> (sure?)

  • Genevriel cracks a dry smile. "I'll have 'She was a good speedbump' put on my gravestone."

<Genevriel> I'll go check on the patients with Mikel's help, make sure we have everything we'll need.

  • Xandhil nods, and will disappear to go inform alma that she has to protect people against her sister in law :p

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - either you can accompany the patients, and Mikel can stay back here to make sure they don't come back, or vice versa, whichever you'd prefer, Gen.

<Genevriel> (Do I know how skilled Mikel is? Whoever's most skilled should probably go with the patients.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you're probably more skilled at healing than him)

<DiablotinNarrator> (also you can bring people back from the dead and he can't ;)

<Genevriel> (Yeah. Coincidentally, I'm still an asset at the farm so I should try not to be too conspicuous in relation to the patients that were abducted from the farm's sis ter facility... :P)

  • Genevriel will suggest she go with the patients and Mikel stay to report on whether the military comes back or not.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, sounds good

<DiablotinNarrator> you can hang out with Alma, it'll be swell ;)

  • Genevriel will borrow Alma's phone to let Madds know she will be late coming home with the groceries.)

Argent, Denise, and Dorien interrogate 'Sister Harmony'

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - on to the interrogations!

<DiablotinNarrator> Brian or Harmony first? I'm assuming Dorien wants to see Harmony and run his tests on her?

<DiablotinNarrator> so if Tuck needs to leave sooner, maybe her first :)

<Dorien> Yeah, if that's ok :)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure thing. who is going with? Argent?

<Dorien> (I can skip out on the meat sack if need be)

<Hugonel> (I can go for boosts if people think they will need boosts)

<Argent> (Ill go since I am hoping Dad will help out Aurbienne with Brian)

<DiablotinNarrator> (hee)

<Hugonel> (oh, for Harmony, no, no boosts needed there)

<Hugonel> (I'll do brian)

<Argent> (he may be powerless without his scarves though)

  • Denise will go because she's kind fo concerned about what has all been going on
  • Sister_Harmony is being held seperately from Agate and Brian, and is magicked up for wards and protective spells to (hopefully) keep her, or whatever is in her, from escaping.
  • Dorien will prepare several treatments that may have an effect of some kind on the creature based on previous research.

<Dorien> This would be much more efficient if I could move her to my lab...

<Argent> and a whole bunch less safer

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - can you make an alchemy roll, Dorien?

  • Denise would liek to check in on Agate as well

<Dorien> (Can I!)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 41 ].

<Dorien> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Denise> (Holy crap yes you can :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you have several concoctions you have prepared. One is applied to you (or whoever) and you think/hope should affect your senses to allow you to perceive them (like a True Seeing sort of effect, gears specifically towards the Cyst). One is applied to the person - an injected substance that could be applie via needle (or, less comfortably, weapon >.>) that should (you hope) give them

<DiablotinNarrator> a chance to force the Cyst out of them.

<Dorien> (Ok, I'm going try to do this as carefully as possible.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay.

<Argent> (question first before force out?)

<Argent> (then question after?)

<Dorien> (Yeah, but detection before either)

<Argent> (yes)

<Argent> lets see how successful your efforts have been Dorien

  • Dorien hands Argent a small jar of ointment.

<Dorien> Rub this on your eyelids.

  • Dorien does so also
  • Argent will do so

<Denise> I don't think I wanna see it >.>

<Dorien> Up to you.

<Denise> I'm good

<Argent> (so what do we see?)

  • Argent looks at Denise when he applies the ointment

<Argent> Does it help the depth of my eyes?

<Denise> it ain't your colour ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> With the ointment applied, you look at Sister Harmony. You can see what looks like a second, amorphous and distended shape layered over hers, the two of them bound together by strands of some viscous substance.

<Dorien> Holy fuck.

<Dorien> I'm awesome.

<Argent> Great work Dorien

<Denise> it is creepy

<Denise> ?

<Dorien> It's... not pleasant.

<Argent> Yeah not the best thing to look at

<Dorien> But it works. That's the best news we've had in a while.

<Argent> <to Harmony> I don't suppose you'll just tell us what you are up to?

  • Sister_Harmony glares at you sullenly
  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> It was worth a try

<Dorien> Was it?

<Argent> sometimes these things have such big egos that they just can't wait to blab

<Argent> I mean, were just lesser planar beings after all

  • Dorien shrugs.

<Dorien> Hey, you're the secret agent.

<Argent> (we are fairly certain the host retains memories of what its done when possessed? yes/no?

<Denise> what did you do to agate? were you gonna use the other warforged too? >:\

<DiablotinNarrator> (memories may be spotty at best, Argent. it could depend on how long they were possessed, or possibly other factors you aren't sure of)

<Argent> (I figured it was somewhere in the middle)

<Sister_Harmony> The metal bodies are strong.

<Denise> Ugh!

<Denise> did you feed his mind to that.... thing!?

<Sister_Harmony> Knowledge for knowledge.

<Denise> >:|

<Denise> what did you need to know so bad, huh?

<Sister_Harmony> Everything. We need to know everything.

<Denise> then go put yourself it one of them an' leave us alone :p

<Argent> You had things you needed to know sooner than later, what were you trying to learn

<Argent> ?

<Denise> oh it ain't gonna give any *good* answers, Argent >:\

<Argent> you think we can't hurt you while you're in Harmony, at least not without hurting her... but I suspect that may not be the case.

  • Sister_Harmony smirks unpleasantly
  • Dorien grins.

<Sister_Harmony> you won't hurt her... you are too soft.

<Denise> maybe you oughtta tuen on the lights Argent >:|

  • Argent will draw in his light and fire a Sunbeam beside Harmony
  • Sister_Harmony flinches away from the light, covering her face with her arm

<Argent> (and guage her reaction)

  • Dorien readies the hypodermic needle.

<Dorien> So far I'm one for one with my tests today, so I'm betting that means *this* might mean you have a real bad day.

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> you ned me to kep hold of her?

<Argent> Now that I have you attention, perhapse you should reconsider you answers?

<Denise> so she don't just look away? >:|

<Argent> (I dont know if I can intimidate this thing or not, but I sure am trying to)

<Denise> *iT*, I mean...

<Sister_Harmony> (you can roll in intimidate to try)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+22

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+22 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 22 ] totals [ 35 ].

<Sister_Harmony> why do your bodies have to HURT so much? the metal bodies are better >:(

<Denise> They ain't for you neither >:|

<Dorien> That's the price you pay for being made of meat.

<Sister_Harmony> your flesh prisons are disgusting

<Argent> TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO KNOW AND YOU WONT HAVE TO HURT? WHAT WERE YOU USING HARMONY FOR? WHAT WERE YOU LEARNING FROM THE chrestomath!

<Denise> *blink*

  • Denise then just glowers in support

<Denise> (I mean I can roll an assist on the intimidate but I dunno if it is needed :V)

<Sister_Harmony> The gates to other worlds... we must learn how to open them... how to use them. We need to come back >.>

<Dorien> No. You really don't.

<Argent> Which gates? The Arch, the Immrisul

<Argent> (im sure I spelled that wrong)

<Sister_Harmony> Any gates... all the gates we can open.

<Dorien> Why do you even want to come here? There's nothing here for you. Nothing but more hurting.

<Argent> when? When are you going to try and open the Arch?

<Sister_Harmony> but there is so much to learn here. so much to absorb.

<Sister_Harmony> it is too late to stop us

<Denise> hardy

<Denise> (hardly)

<Argent> Revelyne Fourre? Is she your agent?

<Sister_Harmony> if you stop this time, another will come. we will open a gate and we will return.

<Denise> go find somewhere else to infest >:|

<Denise> you run outta outer planes?

<Argent> (are we going to get more out of it... can I tell from a SM?)

<Sister_Harmony> (you don't think so... )

<Argent> (or will it be just more platitudes)

<Argent> Dorien, try you injection

<Dorien> Ok...

  • Dorien puts his goggles down
  • Argent will step away from Harmony and Cast Magic Circle against Evil

<Dorien> I'm honestly not sure what's gonna happen when I poke her. It might expel it, it might kill it. It might do nothing at all. We need to be ready for anything.

<Denise> gosh, lets all ~learn~ together.

<Dorien> That's the spirit.

  • Denise sas, glaring at Harmony
  • Dorien will carefully find a vein an begin the injection.
  • Sister_Harmony struggles some- Denise can restrain her if needed I assume
  • Denise can help if she's not complying

<Dorien> (After swabbing the area, of course. No reason to get an infection)

  • Dorien will then back up a few steps

<Argent> (great, she's allegic to the disinfectent...)

  • Denise keeps hold for now unless directly otherwise

<DiablotinNarrator> You inject your concoction into Harmony's arm and watch for reactions. She struggles a few moments longer, gives a scream, then slumps and goes limp. With your enhanced eyesight you can see the form is detaching from her, the strands connecting them growing thinner.

<Dorien> It's working...

<Dorien> Argent, get the light ready.

<DiablotinNarrator> Everyone, including Denise, can see as it emerges from her body. It's like what you saw come out of Amanita that time, sort of pink and spindly and gooey.

  • Denise makes a face and steps away
  • Argent will Sunbeam it when Denise steps clear

<DiablotinNarrator> it's sort of insubstantial and doesn't seem to be entirely physical, but yet at the same time disgustingly real.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can do so.

<DiablotinNarrator> you can roll for your damage, doubled because it's vulnerable to light.

<Argent> !roll 8d6

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 2 3 6 5 5 2 6 1 ] for a total of [ 30 ].

<Argent> (save DC is only 17)

<Argent> (ref)

  • Denise will just punch it if this doesn't work :V

<DiablotinNarrator> The creature seems to wither and shrink in the sunbeam, and dissolves into a sticky goo.

<Dorien> Welcome to the Prime Material Plane, bitch.

  • Sister_Harmony falls unconscious and may need some time to recover, if such recovery is possible. Briony can tend to her.

Hugo, Aubrienne, and Genevriel question the Chrestomath

<DiablotinNarrator> Who is going to see Brian? Aubrienne, Hugo...?

<Denise> Gen?

<Argent> (all three would be GREAT!)

<Hugonel> (more people = less dying)

  • Denise is noping out of that one (But I want to know if Agate is also infected and otherwise how he is.... so I can tell Geoff and Halft and maybe have someone more friendly on hand ro help him out if needed)

<Genevriel> (Let me see if I have any will-boosting spells I can cast on you folks; otherwise my presence would be pretty useless. Sec...)

<Denise> (YOu're smart though and can ask questions...)

<Aubrienne> (Do we know what alignment Brian is?)

<DiablotinNarrator> non-evil

<DiablotinNarrator> I think that's all you know so far

<Aubrienne> (Okay)

<Hugonel> (just the three of us then, seems like)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<Aubrienne> (Do we have a little time to prep?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, I'll assume you can take some time to prepare. Not like days, but a little while.

  • Genevriel explains to Madds about Brian.

<Hugonel> (OK, right before we go in, I cast Greater Heroism on all three of us, Grand Destiny on all three of us, and Moment of Greatness centered on me)

<Aubrienne> (Also, I know Gen did this, but can I roll to see what, if anything, I know about chrestomaths?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Sure, you can roll k:planes

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Aubrienne> I'll use my Inspired reroll on that

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 35 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> better :)

<Aubrienne> Not terrible. :p

<Hugonel> (that is much better than I can roll)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can all head in, and make a Will save vs. Brian.

  • Genevriel is ready to cast things if needed but has nothing that will really help us in advance.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+8

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Hugonel> (mind affecting, yes?)

<Genevriel> (I think I'm safe. Heh)

<Aubrienne> (It's probably redundant, but I will cast Owl's Wisdom and Visualization of the Mind (Wisdom) before going)

<Hugonel> (oh yes, also Eagle's Splendor on myself)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes mind affecting

<Aubrienne> (Am I right in thinking Greater Heroism + Moment of Greatness will end up adding +8 to our saves?)

<Hugonel> (yes but be careful, you only get 1 Moment of Greatness and 3 Grand Destinies)

<Hugonel> (only the GH is a continuous effect)

<Aubrienne> (Ah, okay)

<Hugonel> (each of these provide you +4

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+14

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 18 ].

<Genevriel> (I get an additional +2 to my save if it's emotion-based spell or effect)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Aubrienne> (Come on...)

<Hugonel> (aw, I only rolled a 4, does a 25 save?)

<DiablotinNarrator> alas the 18 is not going to make it. the others do.

<Aubrienne> (I'll use a Grand Destiny reroll just in case)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+14

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 21 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> success :)

<Aubrienne> (Woo!)

<Genevriel> (So if I get a +4 from Hugo's spells then my Will save is up to 32)

<Aubrienne> (I think Aubrienne is prone to racing thoughts, so I choose to believe she's just extra vulnerable. :p)

<Genevriel> (or if it's +8, I'm at 36

<Aubrienne> (It's +4 unless you expend a thing)

<Hugonel> (you're fine, Gen, even at +4)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - I'm assuming they have put Brian in an isolated warehouse or something of the sort - spacious and mostly empty (but well-warded and guarded).

<DiablotinNarrator> You can approach and as you get close enough, you feel its thoughts bombarding your minds, but you're able to withstand the pressure and keep going.

<Aubrienne> Hello?

<Aubrienne> Do you speak, or do we just think at you?

<Chrestomath> :You may do either.

<Aubrienne> Is one more comfortable for you?

<Chrestomath> :It does not matter. Your communication is limited.

<Aubrienne> I imagine that must be the case compared to communication by thought.

<Aubrienne> My name is Aubrienne. We've...met.

<Aubrienne> I'll let my companions introduce themselves.

<Hugonel> I am known as Hugo.

<Genevriel> I'm Genevriel.

<Aubrienne> Is there something we can call you?

<Chrestomath> :I am Glauketheli the Serene.

<Aubrienne> A pleasure to meet you, Glauketheli.

<Genevriel> Pleased to meet you, Glauketheli.

<Hugonel> We recognize and esteem you, Glauketheli the Serene. Yet we have many questions for you as well.

<Aubrienne> Firstly, I suppose, could you tell us how you came to be on this plane, in our city?

<Chrestomath> :The silver one promised I would be fed.

  • Chrestomath points out hopefully

<Aubrienne> What exactly would that entail?

<Genevriel> Knowledge. Memories.

<Genevriel> Lost to us?

<Chrestomath> :I consume thoughts. If you have some you wish to give to me, I will accept them.

<Aubrienne> Oh, hmm. I rather like my thoughts.

<Aubrienne> How much would you need to take?

<Chrestomath> :It need not be lost to you. It could restore them to perfect wholeness, or alter them to a more favourable form.

<Genevriel> And do we get to choose what they are?

<Chrestomath> (basically it uses Modify Memory to 'consume' the thoughts)

<Genevriel> Or do you rummage through our heads and pick what you like?

<Chrestomath> :It matters not what they are. All knowledge is valued.

<Chrestomath> :A few short minutes is all I need... perhaps we can trade.

<Aubrienne> I guess I have a few hangovers I wouldn't mind trading.

<Hugonel> Oh, void yes.

<Genevriel> All right... I've got one I can give you in exchange for having you restore it to perfect clarity.

<Genevriel> Whose do you want first?

<DiablotinNarrator> Just each of you let me know what memory you're trading :) and whether you want it erased, enhanced, or altered in some way.

<DiablotinNarrator> Doesn't matter in what order, but it wants something from each of you.

<Hugonel> I will go first. I have a memory that I would like restored.

  • Hugonel steps forward semi-bravely.
  • Chrestomath awaits your appetizer... I mean, offering.

<Hugonel> (I offer him the memory of the first time I met Eirini, which I apparently remember only in skull face form)

<DiablotinNarrator> (... Katha?)

<Hugonel> (shit, yes, sorry, names)

<DiablotinNarrator> (lol okay)

<Hugonel> (I have to stop listening to music while playing)

  • Chrestomath accepts your memory and offers it back to you, clearer than before.

<Chrestomath> (as we're short on time I will let you know later what it looks like)

<Genevriel> (I'm trading the very patchy memory of pulling the boy from the fire, how I prayed, what answered my prayers, making it possible for me to heal the boy, and how I managed to survive my own burns. And I and would like it restored to perfect clarity.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, likewise then :)

<Aubrienne> (I'll trade the memory of the first spell I ever cast, which I would like returned.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (aww okay :)

  • Chrestomath seems to float a little perkier, less droopy and blobby than before

<Genevriel> (Basically Gen is wondering "WTF are you, One? Did I actually die, did it bring me back to life? And did it give me any sense of why me that I have forgotten?)

Argent, Aubrienne, Hettie, and Denise attend the riots

<DiablotinNarrator> ok so we've got Argent, Aubrienne, Hettie, and Denise... where would you all be together. I guess heading back from the meeting at the club, or else leaving from questioning the prisoners/willing participants in their own interrogation? maybe easier if it's earlier.

<DiablotinNarrator> because Hettie wasn't at the interrogations.

<Argent> ok

<Denise> well if we know there is stuff happening we couls have met up at Hettie's place beforehand ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> true :)

<Denise> maybe they came over after the interrogations :V

<DiablotinNarrator> come on over after the interrogations for punch and pie!

<DiablotinNarrator> by which I mean punching nazis and then eating pie

<Denise> So Hettie can get Aubrienne to spell check her sign ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

  • Denise has not had time to bake a pie, alas, so storebought will have to do ;)
  • Aubrienne can pick up pie along the way.

<DiablotinNarrator> So word has it that there is a group of Colour Guard gathering in the Castalia district who are going to march in the Shade and be general assholes. You can plan accordingly - if you want to try and encounter them along the way, or be there when they get there, or go and bust things up before they even get going, or what.

<Denise> the Shade don't need their nonsense

<Denise> But prolly the guards in the Castalia are gonna be more on their side :p

<Denise> we can meet 'em at the border

<Denise> (DO I know of any broader planned resistance?)

<Denise> (I cna make a roll... if I can find my phone :V

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can roll k:local if you want, sure)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+3

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 21 ].

<Lan-cloud> !roll 1d20+11

  • Denise rolls for Lan-cloud: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+16

  • Denise rolls for Longpig: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Denise> (Hettie's got the skinny. Prolly helpd to be dating the hush ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh, yes

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you've heard (from "sources" who are definitely not your wife ;) that there are going to be some SK counter-protesters aiming to ambush them, and you have an approximate location.

  • Hettienne will share that then >:3
  • Denise helps her aunt get dressed ;p

<Denise> btu that sounds swell.

<Aubrienne> What's the plan?

<Argent> meet up with them... challenge thier approach, let them take the first swing and make em run?

<Argent> And should we cover our faces?

<Denise> prolly

  • Denise is going to ditch the suit for this and wear more, like, her training gear for this

<Aubrienne> (Side note, how would Tits feel about me participating in this?)

<Argent> (how do the colour guard dress?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably ... mixed feelings about you getting directly involved, but think these dudes are cunts, so they deserve whatever they get.)

<Denise> (I think mostly like regular people with rainbow armbands?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, they don't have a full uniform... yet >.>)

<Argent> (so grey scarves covering our face sound ok?)

<Denise> (yup)

<Argent> I'm sure Hettie can whip some up in like 20 seconds from material around here

  • Denise is wearing layerd undershirts and loose knee-pants
  • Denise 's hair is braided back too
  • Argent will use the scarf to cover his face and hair, wrap it around and such
  • Denise is showing off her shadar kai tattoo ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> (all right I've got roll20 set up :)

<Denise> (and her gunshot scar :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> so we've got our mob in the middle of the road, and two groups of SK on either side ready to ambush them when they go by :)

<Hettienne> (Yeah I've got loads of scraps)

<DiablotinNarrator> and you guys down at the bottom, but you can position yourselves where you'd like

Solos

Denise talks to Haft about Agate's Cyst entity

  • Denise will head over to Hafts place, probably late at night, and knock on the door
  • Haft will answer it.

<Haft> Hello Denise.

  • Haft says as though it's perfectly normal for you to show up on his doorstep late at night.

<Denise> Um HI Haft.... can I come in for a minute?

<Haft> Yes, you can come in.

  • Haft steps aside so you can enter his house.

<Denise> thanks...

  • Denise steps inside

<Denise> um... so I got some bad and kinda scary news for you.

<Haft> What is it?

<Denise> It's about Agate

<Haft> is something wrong with him?

<Denise> yeah :/

<Denise> gosh, I don't even know where t' start @_@

<Denise> you know how we were askin' why he might be stayin' with some church lady?

<Haft> Yes.

<Denise> well

<Denise> the lady he was stayin with was possessed by this... monster from the outer planes

<Denise> an they put one of them in him too :/

<Haft> they put a monster in him?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Like, these things.... they don't got bodies of their own on this plane, so they need to possess other folks

<Denise> an warforged bodies are pretty great for them, 'cause you dont need to eat or sleep an you're real strong an tough

<Haft> did it hurt him?

<Denise> well...

<Denise> like, theres a few things, with that

<Denise> the first is, we ain't got it out yet.

<Denise> the other things is....

<Denise> they were feedin' his memories to this.... other monster from the outer planes

<Denise> while it's in him, he ain't just all himself, I guess

<Haft> all of his memories?

<Denise> I don't know. I don't think so?

<Haft> can you get it out of him?

<Denise> *I* can't, but I think prolly someone can. They got some... non-possessed church folks lookin' after him.

<Denise> But like

<Denise> I'm kinda worried about, like - what if he ain't the only one they got? :/

<Haft> you think they may have put these monsters in others of us as well?

<Denise> maybe...

<Haft> if that is the case, are you sure you can trust me?

<Denise> Like, the folks who did this... they were in all kinds of stuff in the war, like, with Seda Grove, and the blood forged, an all that

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> Well... I hope so!

<Denise> Like, if I couldn't trust you I don't think you'd have asked me that...

<Denise> and, like, you didn't attack me soon as I walked in the door >>>

<Haft> this is true

<Denise> we got ways to tell, now, so I guess we coudl make sure

<Haft> We would need to find all the others.

<Denise> yeah :/

<Denise> I dn't know how to do that - I figured, like, you or geoff maybe coudl check up an see if any of 'em are doin' anything that ain't usual for 'em.... like living with priests or whatever

<Haft> Geff may be able to help locate them.

<Denise> yeah...

  • Denise probably looks really tired, but Haft may not realized that ;p

<Denise> I don't know whre to find him an I dunno what he'd do if I came knockin' on his door ded in the middle of th' night >.>

<Haft> I can go to him.

<Haft> But who do I tell him to report to about this?

<Denise> um.

<Denise> Ar...gent?

  • Denise says, uncertainly

<Haft> Very well.

<Denise> or lik, if its gotta be a militry person then, like, um.... Madds.... Falgout? At elast he knows what's goin on anyway >.>

  • Denise says, trying to remember Gen's boyfriend's name. Major is pretty important, right?

<Haft> I will tell this to Geff.

<Denise> but I don't think we know who that's *real* important se can trust, an everythin's all messed up an prolly the stupid new emprrss is workin for the monsters >:/

<Denise> okay

<Denise> Thank you Haft...

<Denise> I'm sorry about Agate.

  • Haft nods

<Haft> You look tired, Denise. You need rest. I will proceed from here.

  • Haft pats you on the shoulder in a meant-to-be-comforting gesture

<Denise> yeah.... I got about a million other things to do tho :/

<Denise> but maybe I'll go take a nap >.>

<Haft> Geff says humans need rest or they become inefficient. You will be more efficient after you rest.

<Denise> well... he prolly got a point

  • Denise will give Haft a hug
  • Haft pats you on the back
  • Denise will go home and crash and hope that Haft does not, in fact have a cyst in him ;p