Diablotin 3 session 41

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 41 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: September 25, 2016
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is early Sixth-month, and the weather is warm and sunny. Most of the inhabitants of the Shade have been allowed to return to their homes, and repair work is underway on the damage that occurred during what people have taken to calling the Fey Invasion.

Hugo meets with Loick

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you wanted to go talk to your Uncle Loick - do you want to meet him at his house, or at work?

<Hugonel> I'll go to his work

  • Hugonel will dress in relatively plain but stylish clothes accessorized with his most 'I am an arcane caster of note, not a witless fop' navy scarf.
  • Hugonel will also have called in advance - no surprises!
  • Loick will make time to meet with you, and greets you when you arrive at his office.

<Loick> Hugo, how are you doing?

<Hugonel> Uncle, so good to see you. I'm well - or as well as can be expected, given the circumstances.

  • Hugonel smiles warmly, trying not to freak out too much.

<Loick> Well, come and have a seat.

<Loick> Do you want anything? a drink?

<Hugonel> Ah, no, thank you.

  • Hugonel sits comfortably.

<Loick> what's on your mind?

  • Loick asks, also having a seat

<Hugonel> Well ... it's about what happened in the First World, and what happened to me afterwards.

<Hugonel> As you may recall I was, in that world, a lillend named Eletheni, but when she cast spells, she did so using what was recognizably my voice.

  • Loick nods

<Hugonel> Well, recently at the cabaret, I was doing my act, and I found myself singing a magical ensorcellment in what was recognizably Eletheni's voice.

<Loick> o_O

<Loick> that must have been disconcerting

  • Loick smiles slightly at his own pun ;p
  • Hugonel tries to ignore that and continues.

<Hugonel> Well ... yes. Most of the audience thought it was just part of the act, some sort of trick, of course. They would have no way to recognize what was going on.

<Loick> When you say singing a magical ensorcellment - what sort of ensorcellment was it?

<Hugonel> As near as I can tell, it was akin to, or perhaps exactly like, the lillend's bardic powers.

<Hugonel> I've done a little experimenting since then. It does seem to be something I can use quite freely, always in her voice.

<Loick> Hm. so it seems as though some sort of link persists between you?

<Hugonel> I don't know. It's possible that it's more like a ... gift. Given and now received, with no link remaining. But as you say, perhaps something more persistent.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> Can you demonstrate this for me?

<Hugonel> Of course.

  • Hugonel will use Inspire Competence to give Loick a bonus to spellcraft checks ;P
  • Loick considers with interest

<Loick> Have you become a bard in any other ways I should know about? Such as ... well, I don't know, an affectation for flamboyance?

<Hugonel> You mean ... moreso?

<Loick> Or a change in the nature of your spellcasting more broadly?

<Hugonel> None that I can immediately detect.

<Hugonel> My arcane power still seems to come from my Imperious bloodline, not from Eletheni.

<Loick> hmm

<Hugonel> I don't have her spells

<Loick> Well, there are a few possibilities I can think of.

<Loick> One is, as you said, perhaps this is a gift that was ... exchanged, in some way. You have received this power because of your time spent as her. If that's the case, she might also retain some ability of yours.

<Loick> Another is that there's a more direct connection that joins you.

<Hugonel> Hmm, yes, I see.

<Loick> Either way, it seems the person who might have more answers is Eletheni.

<Hugonel> If she actually exists. I don't know to what extent or in what ways any of our counterparts have an existence that preceded or follows our time in the First World.

<Loick> I can't say, but there are previous cases of people making the journey to another plane or demiplane and finding a ... a version of themselves, or some other being that they share a mind with for a time.

<Loick> So based on those instances, it's possible that she existed before your arrival and continues to exist today.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> In which case ... I suppose I should be flattered that I am some sort of muse for an immortal celestial being.

<Loick> Don't let it go to your head ;)

<Hugonel> I have actually found the opposite. More ... this latest adventure and its aftereffects have been putting my existence in perspective.

<Loick> How so?

<Hugonel> Perhaps just an ... awareness, or a perception, that I have not used my time in this body as effectively as I might ... and that that time is finite.

<Loick> Not if you make your own demiplane...

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> Uncle, if your jokes were not so abstruse I'd almost think you were aiming for a career in light comedy.

<Loick> As I've gotten older, I find that more and more of what we do seems like a farce designed for the amusement of higher powers. I might as well try to entertain, if I can do nothing else.

<Hugonel> Do you have any way to help with my efforts here? I know I don't deserve it, but I ask for your aid, sincerely.

<Loick> Honestly, the best idea I've had so far is that you could try to contact Eletheni. It would at the least confirm or deny your suspicions as to whether she exists or not. And perhaps she knows more about what is happening.

<Hugonel> A Sending spell, then, perhaps?

<Loick> Yes. If you aren't able to cast one yourself, I could procure a scroll for you.

<Hugonel> That would be most appreciated.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> In return, perhaps you could assist me in some current endeavours.

<Hugonel> What sorts of endeavours?

<Loick> The Dark Tapestry sorts.

<Zola> (Zola would have told Hugo, btw)

<Hugonel> Ah. Yes, I see. Well, I'm happy to help with that. How can I be of assistance?

<Loick> Your friend Zola - who is exceedingly charming, by the way, remind her of my invitation for a drink sometime - was able to share with me her father's recollections of the woman who sold him the blasted thing.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Loick> A Cozovode woman, or so she appeared at any rate, with red hair.

<Hugonel> Red-haired women do appear to be the bane of my existence. Why should this be any different?

<Loick> You have a type?

<Hugonel> No, not exactly.

<Hugonel> It'll be fine. Anyway, please go on. Red-haired Cozovode woman selling ancient artifact on the black market, stupid Zola's father buying it ...?

<Loick> Well, the trouble is, any Cozovode we could ask about this who might know about it are likely to get extremely cross that we have it.

<Loick> And any we could ask who wouldn't get extremely cross aren't likely to know about it.

<Hugonel> Quite a dilemma.

<Loick> Sanadhil Orecalo has been our best source for information about it so far, and even then I think he knows more than he's letting on :p

<Loick> One thing I do know - we can't actually use it, even if we wanted to, without the Codex that accompanies it and allows correct interpretation of its symbols and signs.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> All right ...

<Loick> It's entirely possible that this woman has left town in a hurry. But on the off-chance that she hasn't, perhaps you could ask around about her. And see what you're able to find out about the Codex, as well? Perhaps it'll be nothing, but that's no worse than what we have right now, at least.

<Loick> Obviously you aren't the only person working on this, either - so don't feel as though the weight of the Empire is on your shoulders.

<Hugonel> I assume that Zola can be enlisted in this task as well, if she hasn't already?

<Loick> Certainly, her assistance would be much appreciated...

<Hugonel> All right then. I'm happy to help. I'm happy to help even without the scroll ... but of course, I appreciate the offer of a scroll.

<Loick> Let me get that for you before you go. You can use it as you see fit.

  • Loick will actually get one of his assistants to fetch a Sending scroll ;)

<Hugonel> Thank you, Uncle. For everything.

<Loick> I'm always glad to help you, Hugo. And it's good to see you taking more of an interest in serious matters. Perhaps even one day you'll find a calling other than professional loudmouth ;)

<Hugonel> I ... thank you for your advice.

  • Loick pats your shoulder affectionately

<Loick> Although I do admit, you do it very well.

  • Hugonel smiles.

Hettie and Denise consult Silvia about the Harrow Deck of Many Things

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie and Denise, you wanted to talk to a Channel? perhaps also with Mikel?

<Denise> yes!

<Denise> he's be a good introducer - I'd asked him ages ago but then disappeared >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> how important did you tell him it was? i.e. how high-ranking a Channel should we be looking at here? ;)

<Denise> very!

<Denise> very important!

<Denise> importantest! :3

  • Mikel lets you know he was able to get us a meeting with Channel Silvia, who is like the highest Channel you can get.

<DiablotinNarrator> (maybe other than Raina but... you know. more coherent >.>)

<Denise> (heh)

  • Denise nervouses but tells Hettie when it's set up

<Mikel> She's real smart, but she ain't snobby even though she's a duchess or whatever. She's a good sort.

<Denise> okay...

  • Denise *thinks* she is one of the people who kows about Ander's thing too
  • Mikel leads the way to Silvia's house, then, and you can meet with her out in the garden.
  • Denise admires the garden :3
  • Silvia has a very nice garden!

<Denise> the rest f the cty is still just turnin' green :3

  • Hettienne doesn't know anything about plants but it looks nice.
  • Silvia is a short woman with red hair with a few strands of grey in it, and she wears dark tinted glasses that shade her eyes.

<Hettienne> . o O (...fashioon!)

<Silvia> Good afternoon. Mikel let me know you had some important issues you wanted to discuss?

  • Denise nods
  • Denise looks to see if Hettie wants to take the lead on explaining >.

<Denise> >.>

<Hettienne> Well, I dunno how much word gets around among you mystical types...

<Hettienne> But we found this thing, a real old Harrow Deck.

<Hettienne> What did Aubrienne call it?

<Denise> the Harrow deck of... many things?

<Hettienne> Well I forget but it's real powerful magic, an' if you pull out a card, crazy shit is gonna happen.

<Denise> she said it was real powerful

<Hettienne> Yeah.

  • Denise nods

<Silvia> I've heard a bit about that. I know the Vjestaci are quite interested in locating it.

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Hettienne> We been keepin' it safe.

<Hettienne> Trouble is, we're not sure where 'safe' is

<Hettienne> Like, who oughta have it, and who is gonna do somethin' stupid with it.

<Silvia> You're concerned about it falling into the wrong hands?

<Hettienne> Even if they're real smart, y'know?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Denise> yeah

<Silvia> That's a valid concern... the smarter people are, often the more overconfident they are, because they think their intelligence will protect them from falling into the same pitfalls others might encounter.

<Silvia> Of course they're often wrong.

<Hettienne> See that's what we're thinkin'

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> And the fact the Vjestaci want it so bad kinda makes me think they are in that category

<Silvia> Ideally, what would you want to see done with the deck?

<Denise> I don't know what it is even supposed ta be for - liek, who would make somethin' that can mak so much stuff go wrong?

<Silvia> Artifacts of such power are often not 'made', at least not in the same ways as ordinary magical items.

<Hettienne> Is there any way to make it... I dunno, good?

  • Silvia considers that for a moment

<Silvia> I don't think there's any way to guarantee that it could only be used for good. But there might be ways to tilt the balance of the deck so that a good outcome was more likely.

<Hettienne> Well that's a start...

  • Denise nods

<Silvia> But the temptation, I worry, would be that if one use of the deck resulted in a good outcome, then trying it again becomes more likely.

<Hettienne> Ugh.

<Denise> I dunno if there is any way to use it smart

<Hettienne> Can you make it so that no one can use it? Like some kinda magic lock?

  • Silvia thinks

<Silvia> I could lock it away under whatever precautions I can muster, but even that wouldn't be a guarantee that no one could ever use it.

<Denise> I dunno there is anything that can keep out anyone forever :/

<Denise> is that what you woud do if we gave it to you, though?

<Silvia> I can honestly say I have no desire to use it at the present.

<Hettienne> :/

<Silvia> I can't say what future circumstances might bring.

<Denise> well... what do you think about the Vjestaci?

<Denise> are they too clever for their own good? >.>

<Silvia> From what I know of them? They would claim they're the best qualified to deal with this item - but they'll also think they are competent to deal from it, so to speak.

<Denise> hmm

<Silvia> at least some of them.

<Denise> I mean, we cna't leave it where it is, I dn't thik that's safe either, really >.>

<Denise> 'specially not with them lookin' for it

<Silvia> All artifacts have a means of being destroyed. That means may be extremely diffifult, however.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> an like - this is something' from our people - I dunno if destroyn' it is right either :(

<Denise> an Aubrenne say that like - it might want to be found?

<Denise> or used even...

<Silvia> Yes. I think that items of this sort, powerful artifacts, seek out people after a fashion. They want to be used, or they appear at times when their use might be significant in some way.

<Denise> I'm real glad we found it, an not smeone else

<Denise> Hmm.

<Denise> I dn't even know who all should be decidin' this :/

<Hettienne> But ain't we sorted out the fey thing?

<Silvia> I definitely think it shouldn't fall into the hands of the Imperial government or the military or anything like that.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> no. It's a Rat thing.

<Hettienne> What use could we have for it that would be, uh... useful?

<Denise> I dunno, but it seems liek lotsa things are still goin' on

<Silvia> I don't know.

<Denise> like - it ain't winter, but the fey are still here, and whatever those....things were... I dunno if it's all down with that :|

<Silvia> I could try to seek answers to that question, and perhaps the issue of who is best placed to care for it, or how it should be kept safe.

<Denise> seek with who?

<Denise> or d'you mean, lke... channel stuff?

<Hettienne> Ooo.

  • Silvia smiles slightly at that.

<Denise> it might be good to have *some* answers, anyway

<Silvia> I suppose in a sense it is 'channel stuff'. I'm a seer, and I have connections to other visionaries. I could inquire if any have received insight into the matter.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> we know the vjestaci have been tryin' to use magic to see who has it - I dunno if they thought to look an see who *should* :p

<Silvia> I'm not sure that would occur to them.

<Hettienne> :/

<Hettienne> Then we *definitely* don't want 'em to get it.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I guess we leave it where it's at for now an hope they dn't figure it out >.>

<Silvia> Do you believe it's secure where it's currently stored?

<Denise> well... as it can be, I guess

<Hettienne> It ain't no long term solution though.

<Denise> but I thik there's other reasons we might not wanna keep it there

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> . o O (Getting too dangerous for the boss :|)

<Silvia> All right.

<Denise> we'll talk to the others an see about maybe figurein' out somethin' else

<Silvia> If you do need a different secure place to store it, I'm willing to offer my services.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> it ain't up to just us, so we'll see.

<Silvia> Certainly.

<Hettienne> I think it'd be alright here if they agree.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay

  • Denise looks a little relieved at Hettie's approval

<Silvia> I'll see if I can learn more about why it might have appeared now, and what is best to do with it.

<Hettienne> Thank you kindly.

  • Denise nods

<Silvia> Thank you for telling me about this.

<Denise> thanks for talkin' to us about it.

<Silvia> Well, for one of my most promising Channels, I could hardly say no :)

  • Mikel blushes

<Denise> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Denise> (DOES SHE SEEM TRUSTWORTHY :V)

  • Denise grins when she compliments her brother though, and gives him a friendly arm punch ^-^
  • Silvia seems honest.

<Denise> (yay)

  • Silvia seems like she would also be honest if she felt she couldn't be trusted ;)

<Denise> (I think we're good, then?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup, I think so for now)

<Denise> (thanks!)

Zola accompanies Noren to a campaign strategy session with Bright

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, Noren's paperwork is all submitted for his candidacy, and things seem to be gearing up for the campaign.

  • Zola thinks about catchy pro-Noren jingles

<Zola> ./~ There's no ig-Noren him! ./~

  • Noren is a bit nervous about how everything is going to go
  • Zola gives him a kiss on his anxious cheek :)

<Zola> Don't worry, we'll have a blast.

  • Noren smiles at that

<Noren> Speaking of which, I have dinner tonight with my, ah, campaign advisor. Want to join us?

<Zola> Certainly!

<Zola> What's that little pause about though? :)

<Noren> Well, it's Bright Rionet.

<Zola> He's your campagn adviser?

  • Zola looks surprised

<Noren> Well... an advisor. I think his father wants me to get a bit more experience at... talking to people? schmoozing?

<Noren> So he thought Bright might be able to help.

<Zola> Ahhh, public relations :)

<Zola> "Campaign advisor" seemed a little too focused for him.

  • Noren nods

<Noren> I don't know how much he's really going to do. I mean.. it's Bright.

<Zola> I guess I'll be too busy looking pretty to be whispering in your ear :)

<Noren> You always look pretty - but you still manage to whisper in my ear sometimes ;)

  • Zola grins.

<Zola> That's not the stuff you'll need to hear just before you go on stage... not if you want to look composed at least :)

  • Noren smiles

<Zola> And as for Bright, he does spend most of his time socializing surely he can put some of that into words for you :)

<Noren> Well, I'd hope so. He has connections, too.

<Zola> Something to do with all that socializing :P

  • Noren nods

<Noren> In any case, we'll see what he has to say tonight, I guess.

  • Zola nods

<Zola> What time?

<Noren> Six - that should give you enough time to get to work, I hope.

<Zola> It should... it's not like I can't be a little late anyway :)

  • Noren nods

<Noren> I'll see you later, then.

  • Noren gives you a kiss and will head off to work
  • Zola gives him a kiss, and a grope, since she is cruel as well as kind, and he's not about to give a speech :)

<DiablotinNarrator> All right, you can meet Noren and Bright for dinner at a nice restaurant in the Pav, let's say

<Bright> Zola! it's lovely to see you :)

  • Zola will get herself all dolled up, and picks out a nice new dress since she still hasn't hit up Hettie to tailor the others

<Zola> Bright, dear :)

  • Zola will give him a kiss on the cheek

<Zola> It's been ages! I've been so busy since I got back @_@

<Bright> Were you away?

<Zola> Oh dear, that's a long story @_@

<Zola> I was whisked away to fairy land, but we'll leave that for another day...

<Bright> All right... it sounds like quite a tale.

<Zola> It was @_@

<Zola> Is...

<Zola> Noren says you're going to turn him into a Charmer of the People :)

<Bright> I'll do what I can :)

<Noren> Surely policies and principles are more important than how many cheeks I kiss... >.>

<Bright> Mm, depends who the cheeks belong to.

<Zola> And whether they're paying attention when you mention your principles...

  • Bright says with a smirk

<Zola> Maybe Bright should hear what those are first, honey?

<Noren> Oh, well, yes.

  • Noren can explain his goals and interests over appetizers
  • Zola assumes she is not secretly dating a horrible colour-guard poor-people squasher.
  • Noren supports things like better access to education, infrastructure improvements in Rhenea, increased benefits for veterans, job creation, etc.
  • Zola smiles as she listens and snacks on tiny tasties
  • Bright listens politely

<Bright> Well, that all sounds good - but you'll need to spice up how you present it if you want to sell it. Besides, all those things will cost money, and people will worry it's going to cost them in taxes or by cutting other benefits.

<Noren> Well, clearly increased taxes would be necessary - on nobles :)

<Bright> Hah.

<Zola> Hey now, not all nobles are rich.

<Bright> No, but plenty of them are. And they're the ones you'll have to be working with.

<Noren> Not the ones who'll be voting for me though.

<Bright> The election is just the first step.

<Bright> And if you get there having pissed off most of your potential allies, it'll be a short, unpleasant term of office.

<Zola> And their help getting you elected could be good, even if they aren't in the district.

  • Noren smiles

<Bright> Have you seen who you're running against yet?

<Noren> No...

<Zola> We can take 'em :)

<Bright> Well, there's a fellow named Charlen Audemars, and a woman named Tatiane Renaud. There are good reasons to worry about both of them.

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 29 ]
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 23 ]

<Zola> (k-local on both, Charlen and Tatiane)

<Zola> (Well, really just if I know anything he doesn't say)

<Bright> Audemars is a war veteran, and as far as I can tell, a colossal asshole :p

<Zola> Well, hopefully he'll show that to everyone >_>

<Bright> He'll appeal to the law and order crowd though. Stricter punishments for crime, increased guard forces, that sort of thing.

  • Zola rolls her eyes

<Bright> Tatiane's got some powerful backers. As in her father is mobbed up, so she probably is too.

<Noren> Who's her father?

<Bright> Guy named Altheo, runs the Rutting Boar - not that a respectable fellow like yourself has ever been there, I'm sure.

<Zola> (How classy is it now ? :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably about as classy as it ever was...)

<Zola> Noren can pay for classier than that :P

<Noren> Hey, now, I don't need to pay... I mean.

  • Noren blushes

<Zola> You do there, honey.

<Zola> :P

<Noren> Well that's not the point!

<Bright> Mmmhmm.

<Zola> And it's not like you've never ^_^

<Bright> Anyhow, she's one of the Corriveaux family, so we can assume they're backing her.

<Bright> She's also a Serpent worshipper, though, so we might have some inroads there, there are some people who won't care for that.

<Zola> So's half of Titania's, I'm not sure I can take Noren there ever again if you want to make an issue out of that.

  • Bright shrugs

<Bright> I don't have a problem with it myself, it might just be something we can use against her if necessary.

<Zola> I guess Ander Suterre is running in the Shambles...

<Bright> Oh, yes, but we're on his side :)

<Bright> Or he's on ours?

<Bright> Whichever

<Zola> Well, I guess that's what I meant... they might be keen on taking some of the wind out of her sails

  • Bright nods
  • Zola sips her wine

<Bright> We'll see what we can figure out.

<Noren> So... what exactly are you going to do in all of this?

  • Noren asks Bright

<Bright> Image consultant? Social coach? Inspiration and motivation?

<Zola> Social lubricant :)

<Bright> I do have plenty of that ^-^

<Bright> It's really up to you, though. My father just expects me to help out. If there's something I can do for you that would make this go easier, I'm glad to do it. For instance, if Zola gets bored and needs some company... ;)

<Noren> Mm. I think she'll be fine.

<Zola> I'll be busy helping Noren take Rhenea by storm!

  • Zola gives Bright a bit of a chiding look
  • Bright smiles and looks utterly unchided

<Noren> Well, this should be ... interesting.

<Bright> Fun!

<Noren> Something like that.

<Zola> You never know, maybe you'll find you like doing something productive, for a change.

  • Zola says a bit stiffly

<Bright> Maybe. But I'm much better at being charmingly useless :)

<Zola> Well one ought to diversify, that's what my investment advisor says.

  • Zola pops a bit of food into her mouth and munches sassily


Lathra is accosted by Titania

  • Titania will pull you aside one evening, Lathra
  • Lathra is pulled

<Titania> Hey - how are you doing?

  • Lathra is caught off guard

<Lathra> I... think I'm doing well, why do you ask, dear?

<Titania> Well, I know there have been a lot of things going on, with your recent travels and so forth, and I wasn't sure how you were faring.

<Lathra> There certainly has been a lot

  • Titania nods

<Titania> Are you holding up all right?

<Lathra> I am! Better than ever, I'd say.

<Titania> Oh, well, that's good to hear

<Lathra> In fact...

<Titania> I've been worried about... well, a lot of things, but all of you among them.

  • Titania looks up at your 'in fact', pausing

<Lathra> Well thank you for thinking of me!

<Lathra> In fact... I was considering trying out... performing? Of some kind? And I thought you'd be the perfect person to ask for advice...

<Titania> Performing?

  • Titania seems a little surprised by this, but intrigued as well

<Lathra> Yes... I'm afraid I haven't really thought it through, but recently the idea's had more appeal.

<Titania> Well, I'm certainly open to hearing more.

<Lathra> Perhaps I should get back to you when I have more for you to hear.

  • Lathra grins
  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> you know I'd be glad to give you an opportunity to try out a new act, if that's what you're interested in

<Lathra> Oh my! That could be wonderful - what an opportunity!

<Lathra> But uh to be very clear... I don't *have* an act

  • Lathra >.>

<Titania> If you put something together and run it by me, we'll see what we can do.

  • Lathra nods

<Lathra> Well I'll do my best, and you can tell me if my best is worth anything

  • Lathra winks
  • Titania smiles at that

<Lathra> Titania... are *you* ok? I've been so busy lately, I feel like we've barely talked.

<Titania> And of course feel free to involve others in it - you don't need to go on solo if you feel like you'd benefit from a bit of support.

<Titania> Well, it's been sort of ... odd lately. As you've probably noticed.

<Lathra> Oh my yes, "odd" is putting it mildly

<Titania> Aubrienne and I are ... well, dating I guess? and that's good, but it's also complicated :/

  • Lathra nods

<Titania> Especially since she has baby Hyacinth to look after now.

<Titania> I want to try to make things work, but it wasn't really what I was expecting ...

<Titania> And just in general, I'm terrified that she's going to meet my family and find out what dating a princess actually entails, and run screaming :/

<Lathra> Hah! I suppose most might, but I've never seen Aubrienne run from anything...

<Titania> I hope so.

<Titania> Sorry to dump this on you :/

<Lathra> From my other clients it seems to me like the more mature, achieved, and intelligent a partner is, the more work the relationship is - and it goes without saying that a child takes a lot of time and energy. It's natural to feel - overwhelmed? Is that apt?

<Titania> Definitely.

<Titania> Taking things seriously is hard work :p

<Lathra> Undoubtably!

<Titania> Let's grab a drink sometime - we should talk more often.

<Titania> Or go on a double date, maybe :)

<Lathra> Yes let's! Any time!

<Titania> all right :)

  • Titania gives you a hug and will let you get back to work
  • Lathra gets back to it with a smile

Argent and Denise meet Emkathon Jr.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you and Denise (and Margaux and Enver) are invited for this ... sleepover... at Mireva's new boyfriend's house.

  • Argent is carrying an overnight bag, I guess, unsure as to what the social protocol is in this situation

<Margaux> It's just hanging out, right? Not like... weird stuff?

  • Denise has brought a few Things too ^-^
  • Margaux is a bit nervous of what all this is going to involve

<Denise> YOu don't gotta do anything you don't wanna

  • Denise reassures her

<Argent> its just social, nothing wierd.

<Enver> It's a big place - everyone can do their own things if they want.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> lots a rooms for privacy ^-^

<Argent> its like visiting a hotel

<Margaux> well, okay

  • Denise is't sure abotu that, but shrugs

<Denise> It'll be fun, anyway :)

<Argent> it will be good to do something just for fun

<Denise> yeah!

  • Denise will knock
  • Auggie will answer the door - at least you assume it's him, from Mireva's description.
  • Auggie is handsome, probably a few years older than you (early 20s or so?) with dark wavy hair and a slim build.

<Denise> um... Hi, were Mireva's friends :3

<Auggie> Hi, it's nice to meet you. Come on inside :)

<Denise> you too :)

<Denise> thanks

<Argent> Thanks for having us over

<Auggie> It's no problem, thanks for coming.

  • Mireva will sweep in to give you hugs once she sees you're here
  • Denise is DTH

<Denise> (down to hug)

  • Denise can make any introductions on her side, since Mireva and Margaux haven't met, I dn't think

<Argent> (not that I know of)

  • Margaux will gladly be introduced :)
  • Auggie leads the way into the room, where a few people are already gathered, sitting around, talking. Nobody you recognize, I don't think, but one stands out in particular, since she has wings @_@

<Auggie> (like large, colourful bird-type wings)

<Argent> uh who is that?

<Denise> uh...

  • Denise can't stop starring until elbowed probably

<Auggie> Oh - that's Em. She's really nice - and don't worry, she's used to people staring. Here, let me introduce you.

<Argent> ok

  • Em is talking with a shadar-kai who has a red streak in her hair, but will smile when you all come over. She has curly red hair and looks maybe a similar age to Auggie, early 20s or so.

<Denise> sorry >.>

  • Auggie introduces you around, with some help from Mireva since he doesn't know all your names yet ;)

<Auggie> Everyone, this is Emkathon Orecalo.

<Denise> I didn't mean to stare, I just wasn't expectin' anyone with wings :o

<Emkathon Jr> Just Em is fine, though.

  • Em smiles at that

<Argent> yeah... why do you have wings?

<Emkathon Jr> I don't think most people do expect it, really. It's understandable to stare.

<Denise> are they real?

<Emkathon Jr> They are, yes. You can touch if you like, but gently :)

<Emkathon Jr> I have wings because I'm not entirely human.

  • Em adds by way of explanation

<Denise> oh, okay.

  • Denise seems to accept that
  • Denise pets them gently
  • Argent glances at Margeaux

<Denise> they're real pretty :3

  • Margaux looks curious, like she has a lot of questions

<Argent> May I ask what the non-human part is?

<Argent> Sorry if I'm being rude, I'm just curious

<Emkathon Jr> It's all right, although it's sort of a complicated story. I have angelic and demonic parentage, I suppose is the simplest way of expressing it, but they come from the same person.

<Denise> ...huh.

<Argent> that's different.

<Denise> maybe you shpuldn't tell just anyone that >.>

  • Em smiles slightly

<Emkathon Jr> I'm used to people asking about it. And my personal feeling is that it's better to be open, than to try and hide what I am and let them be worried or suspicious.

<Denise> and folks don't give you any trouble?

<Emkathon Jr> Oh, no, they do. Fortunately not too many.

<Emkathon Jr> But I can handle myself if things turn ugly.

<Denise> well i guess yo'd have to :o

  • Denise gives her an appraising look, sizing her up

<Emkathon Jr> And when I was littler, my brothers would beat them up if necessary ;p

<Argent> Does your brother have wings too?

<Emkathon Jr> Most of my brothers are half-brothers, they don't share the same parentage.

<Argent> well I suppose families can be complicated

  • Em nods
  • Argent says as if he had personal experience
  • Denise gives him a side eye at that

<Denise> How do you know Auggie?

<Emkathon Jr> We're both followers of Serpent - we met at the temple.

<Emkathon Jr> How about you?

<Argent> We're friends of Mireva

<Argent> and honestly just met Auggie tonight

<Emkathon Jr> Oh, that's nice :) She's a lot of fun.

<Denise> she's real swell, yeah :)

<Argent> are we hogging you? I'm not sure how things work.

  • Em chuckles

<Emkathon Jr> It's not really a formal event - usually we'll sit around, someone will put on some dreammist, and we'll talk or listen to music. Eventually everyone falls asleep ;)

<Argent> ok

<Denise> sounds fun :P

<Denise> :)

<Denise> (ack!)

<Emkathon Jr> It's usually pretty relaxing.

<Argent> sounds like it.

<Denise> well, I didn't really know what was goin' down, so I brought some liquor - I figured folks weren't really gonna complain ^-^

<Emkathon Jr> No, I doubt anyone will complain about that :)

<Argent> listen, your name... its a little unusual. Does it have any specific significance? I mean, me, Argent, its pretty obvious.

  • Argent points at his hair

<Emkathon Jr> heh

<Emkathon Jr> Emkathon... well, my parents were present when she was released. It was an important moment for them. I guess they wanted to recognize that and honour her, in a way.

<Denise> huh

<Argent> how do you feel about it?

<Denise> oh - sorry, Mireva's wavin me over there - nice to meet you though!

<Argent> if I'm not being too forward.

<Emkathon Jr> About my name?

  • Denise smiles and sidles off
  • Denise looks back at Argent who is hopefully really just being curions and not going all 'worky' over there >.>

<Argent> well being named after what... a celestial being? an Angel, I guess?

<Emkathon Jr> well... I respect it, and try to live up to the name. But I also usually feel more comfortable being Em - myself.

<Argent> like the Shadar-kai, taking your own name

  • Em smiles at that

<Emkathon Jr> Yes, sort of like that. I lived on the Shadow Plane for a while, so maybe some habits rubbed off.

  • Em takes the hand of the shadar-kai with the red streaked hair

<Emkathon Jr> I never introduced you to my partner, how rude - this is El :)

<Argent> Helloe El, I'm Argent, this is Margaux...

  • Argent looks to see who else hasn't moved on
  • El smiles and nods, but seems kind of quiet/shy, especially compared to Em's outgoing and talkative personality

<Argent> (is it an act or is it he really quiet/shy?)

<El> It's nice to meet you.

<Argent> Good to meet you too

<Argent> How did you two meet?

  • El has a bit of an accent still, too, so may not be completely fluent in Aveyronnais conversation

<Emkathon Jr> Well, I wanted to learn more about how the Shadar-kai worshipped Serpent. And there are a few communities left there that follow that faith, so I went to live in one, and train with them.

<Emkathon Jr> El grew up there, and that's where we met :)

<Argent> and braved the trip back with you. I hope you're enjoying your time here El.

<El> It's a very different place. But I'm glad that I came.

  • El says with a slight smile

<Argent> well we should met the others, maybe we can talk again later

<Emkathon Jr> Of course :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The evening progresses quite smoothly - as predicted, there's a cone of dreammist incense lit, people have some of those drinks, mostly there's sitting around and talking and giggling, and maybe a few people slip off together for a while but then come back to the main group.

<Denise> (raises hand)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Argent was wondering what Margaux's impression of Em was? Should we tell her about our heritage?

<Margaux> I'd like to talk to her again sometime... maybe not with so many other people around >.>

  • Margaux says

<Argent> well people are breaking off from the main group from time to time, we could try and get her alone.

  • Margaux smiles at that

<Margaux> She might think we're flirting ;)

<Argent> so what? if it works, all the better. I mean... another aasimar, or something similar, named what's supposed to be my grandmother...my mind is racing

  • Margaux nods, squeezing your hand

<Margaux> let's try to talk to her later, then. If we can get her alone.

<Argent> ok

  • Argent will try his best to make it happen as the night progresses

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, eventually you find yourself drifting off to sleep. And you have a dream when you do so.

<DiablotinNarrator> In the dream you're walking through twisting, narrow alleyways, like in the Shambles.

<DiablotinNarrator> You keep seeing someone just ahead of you, rounding corners before you can get close enough to see them clearly. All you can catch is glimpses of colourful wings, and the hem of a dress or robe.

  • Argent would pick up the pace if he can

<Argent> Wait!

<DiablotinNarrator> You run faster and finally come out of the maze of alleys and into a courtyard or a square. The woman is standing with her back to you, so that you can see the red hair, brightly feathered wings, and a plain white dress.

  • Winged_woman doesn't turn to face you, but you hear her speak

<Winged_woman> You've been looking for me, little one.

<Argent> Are you Katha?

<Winged_woman> Yes, I was given that name once, very long ago.

<Argent> am I your son?

<Winged_woman> Would that make you happy? Would it answer your questions?

<Argent> It would help me know who I am, where I came from. If it's true, you could tell me who my father is.

<Winged_woman> You already know him.

<Argent> I know lots of men, that really doesn't help. Why are you being so cryptic?

  • Winged_woman laughs

<Winged_woman> Very well. Come and embrace me, and I will answer you.

  • Argent will move forward to do so
  • Winged_woman turns to face you and her face is a skull, bare bone and teeth, no eyes in the empty sockets.
  • Winged_woman holds out her arms to you
  • Argent taken back slightly, although he expected it.
  • Argent will step into the embrace
  • Winged_woman hugs you close, and whispers a name in your ear.

<Winged_woman> <w> Hugonel Silveira

<DiablotinNarrator> And with that, you wake up.

  • Argent is very shocked

<Zola> (The real question is whether it was a warm hug)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it was a motherly hug ;)

<Zola> (Aww :3)

<Zola> (Wait, would you also describe Mylene's hugs as motherly? :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, she only gives bitchy hugs ;p)

<Zola> (;_;)

Solos

Argent tells Margaux about his parents

  • Argent thinks back to that very strange night as streets flow past him on his bike.
  • Argent slipped quietly through the halls, finally finding an open balcony to get some air and clear his head
  • Margaux notices you've left the group and goes to find you

<Margaux> Are you okay?

<Argent> yes... no... I don't really know

  • Argent shakes his head
  • Margaux comes over to you and puts her hand on your arm

<Argent> she found me, in my dreams... seems fitting considering who is here... probably made it easy for her

<Margaux> what happened? I was sleeping, did someone try something...?

<Margaux> who?

<Argent> my mother

<Argent> Katha

<Argent> Emkathon's daughter

  • Margaux looks surprised

<Margaux> You had a dream about her?

  • Argent nods

<Argent> I chased her down in the dream, I asked her if she was my mother, and who my father was.

<Margaux> and what happened then?

<Argent> she knew I had been looking

<Argent> she asked me to hug her, and I did, and I felt, I knew it was her, and then she whispered my father's name.

<Argent> and I woke up

<Argent> If felt true... that doesnt mean it is

<Argent> I don't know

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> but it did feel true?

  • Argent grabs his head

<Argent> I had really given up wondering who my parents were... I didn't even start looking until you and that ghost

  • Margaux draws you closer
  • Argent does not offer any resistance

<Argent> I need to just pull myself together

<Margaux> whatever answer you were given... it doesn't change who you are, or what you stand for.

<Argent> was it fate or destiny that I ended up at Titania's? Did someone else know?

<Margaux> I don't know.

<Argent> she said my father was Hugonel Silveira... Hugo? How is that even possible?

  • Margaux frowns, looking puzzled

<Margaux> Maybe it's one of those strange things that happens in dreams

<Margaux> maybe it isn't true?

<Argent> Maybe

<Argent> now I'm gonna stalk the poor guy without even realizing it, just cause I'm wondering if it could be true

<Margaux> but... if it was true, would it be upsetting to you?

<Argent> I'm not sure what I think about it... part of me is five, all excited I know who my dad really is... other parts are saying it doesnt change who I am.

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> I think... it's all right to feel both of those things.

<Argent> The only family I've ever really had were street kids like me

<Argent> I'm not a street kid anymore

<Argent> Maybe Hugo knows something... even if its not true he may have another piece

  • Margaux nods
  • Argent takes a deep breath and says a quiet prayer to center himself

<Argent> I think I'm ok now

  • Margaux hugs you tight for another moment and then loosens her embrace

<Margaux> Okay. Do you want to leave, or go back to the group?

<Argent> I'll be fine. How are you doing?

<Margaux> Kind of woozy... that stuff sort of went to my head. but I'm okay.

<Argent> lets go back, no need to be rude to our host.

  • Em looks out onto the balcony to see who's there

<Emkathon Jr> Hi - everything okay?

<Argent> Strange dream, I just needed to get some fresh air. Care to join us?

<Emkathon Jr> Sure :)

  • Em steps out, stretching her wings

<Argent> do they work?

<Argent> like a birds?

<Emkathon Jr> Can I fly, you mean? Yes, but it's sort of hard work. It works best if I can drop off something, like a roof, or a balcony :)

<Argent> not as convenient as I imagined then

<Emkathon Jr> well, I don't get as many opportunities to really use them here as I might like. When I was flying more regularly, they felt stronger. Just like any muscles I suppose.

<Argent> weather really hasn

<Argent> t been great for it either

<Emkathon Jr> no, definitely not

<Argent> The dream I had, you see, it was about my mother, which is a little strange, since I was raised an orphan

<Emkathon Jr> oh... I'm sorry. Was it an upsetting dream?

<Argent> confusing would be the better word

<Argent> I don't really talk about my heritage much

<Argent> or at all really

<Emkathon Jr> your heritage?

<Argent> I guess I'm like you in that way

<Argent> Do you know who Katha is?

  • Em looks a little surprised

<Emkathon Jr> I've heard the name before.

<Emkathon Jr> And... 'is'? She'd have to be a couple of thousand years old, if she was still alive.

<Argent> considering her parents, I feel she is still alive.

<Argent> that's who I dreamed about

<Argent> Katha

<Emkathon Jr> ... interesting.

<Emkathon Jr> I'd really like to talk to you more about that. And.. probably my dad would too, but I don't know how much you want to share with other people.

<Argent> Our paths crossed so I would like to talk to you more... honestly, though, I would like to keep it at that.

<Emkathon Jr> I understand

<Emkathon Jr> I'd be glad to meet with you again, under less... distracting circumstances.

<Argent> good, with the fey and the colour guard, and considering the journey I just went through to the first world, I don't need more attention on me.

  • Em smiles at that
  • Em will let you know how you can get in touch with her

Zola visits Aubrienne and Hyacinth

<Aubrienne> (So, what're we thinking for the setup here?)

  • Zola will drop by sometime when she assumes the baby will have you awake.
  • Zola knocks quietly just in case >_>
  • Aubrienne answers the door, holding Hyacinth.

<Aubrienne> Zola!

<Zola> Ohh, everyone's awake, good :)

<Aubrienne> Hi, come in, come in. :)

  • Zola has a basket, and Bastien at her feet

<Aubrienne> Oh, hello to you as well, Bastien.

<Aubrienne> Make yourself comfortable.

<Aubrienne> Sorry about the mess. Kind of busy.

<Zola> Don't eat anything, or touch the baby

  • Zola advises Bastien
  • Zola hefts the basket

<Zola> I brought you some lunch for later :)

<Zola> Something you don't have to cook

<Aubrienne> Oh, you're the best.

  • Zola will take it into the kitchen area

<Aubrienne> What brings you to the neighborhood?

<Zola> Just a visit :)

<Zola> How's everything been?

<Aubrienne> Hectic. @.@

<Aubrienne> I thought the fey stuff was upending my life, but a baby...no contest.

<Zola> I imagine...

<Zola> I hear they don't sleep the night at first >_>

<Aubrienne> It's good, she's a doll, really, but it's an adjustment.

<Aubrienne> Well, she's not so bad as I hear some of my cousins were, but she has her good nights and her bad ones.

<Aubrienne> How are things with you?

<Zola> I bet you weren't thinking you'd have to deal with accidental babies :P

<Aubrienne> Yeah, not really something I've had to be concerned about. ;)

<Zola> Me too, until now >_>

<Zola> But things are good with me :) Noren's got everything worked out to run for the Council seat in Rhenea... so I'll have a side project to work on...

<Aubrienne> Well, that's nice.

<Aubrienne> Busy time for all of us. :)

<Zola> I've only got one jingle so far... ./~ There's no ig-Noren him! ./~ But I'm not sure it's gonna stick :P

<Aubrienne> Hmm. That's going to be bugging me now.

<Zola> Hah

<Zola> Maybe we should keep it then... let me know if you can't get rid of it :)

<Aubrienne> How're you feeling about that? Getting involved with politics, I mean.

<Aubrienne> Well, being involved with someone involved with politics.

<Zola> Oh, fine, I'll just stand up and smile and talk about how great he is :)

<Zola> Sing a few songs, pow!

<Aubrienne> Well, that seems right up your alley.

<Zola> But I'm guessing you mean having some of the nastier stuff come my way...

  • Zola shrugs

<Zola> Honestly... when he told me about it, we were taking a bit of a break... I thought he was saying that if we weren't going to be together he was going to go for it... not an ultimatum, but... you know.

<Zola> But then he said none of it mattered, and he didn't care what anyone said.

  • Zola smiles

<Aubrienne> Aww, that's nice.

<Zola> Yeah, I was all misty eyed in a flash ;_;

<Zola> So we can take whatever comes our way. :)

<Aubrienne> Well, the best of luck to you both. :)

<Zola> Thanks!

<Zola> So you and Tits eh? :)

<Zola> How long did I manage to miss that?

<Aubrienne> Uh, wow, a while now. ;)

<Zola> In hindsight... so many clues!

<Aubrienne> She didn't want anyone to think I was getting special treatment. Me either, really.

<Aubrienne> And, you know, she already gets so much press.

  • Zola nods
  • Aubrienne sighs.

<Aubrienne> She's the best...

<Zola> ^_^

<Zola> She's a swell gal, that's for sure.

<Zola> I hear Hyacinth was staying with her for a while too :P

  • Zola laughs at that

<Aubrienne> Heh, yeah, she was letting me stay with her til the Shade was reopened, and I ended up needing a plus one.

  • Aubrienne smiles at that, but a little hesitantly.

<Zola> Well, I bet you're glad to be home, even if you were staying with her :)

<Aubrienne> Absolutely. It's great being there, but she didn't sign on for a baby, and I don't want to push her.

  • Zola is paying attention to Hyacinth too as we chat, even if she's mostly just a wiggly lump :P

<Zola> You have family to help out too, right?

<Aubrienne> Oh, yeah, absolutely.

<Zola> That's good... it's a tough job alone.

<Aubrienne> I just...she's special, you know? There's a lot of interest in her, and my family doesn't have any experience with politics and fey and...everything.

<Zola> Ah, so you're a little reluctant?

<Zola> To let her out of your sight, I mean? I guess that's pretty normal for moms too :)

<Aubrienne> I just don't want to put that on them if I can help it.

<Zola> Not just aunts

<Aubrienne> Heh, yeah, I guess so.

<Zola> Well, you know, I was going to say that if you needed help I could probably chip in.

<Zola> I don't know much about babies, but maybe I could watch her a bit while you do your sets, and maybe some night when you need a break? Bastien and I can keep her entertained :)

<Zola> And it... it'd be practice for me...

<Zola> >_>

<Aubrienne> Are you sure? That'd be great, but I don't want to impose on you, either. :)

<Aubrienne> Practice? Is the pitter-patter of little feet in your future? ;)

<Zola> Mayyybe... probably?

<Zola> I'd said something about thirteen kids in a ... bit of a tiff with Noren and he picked up on that real quick :P

<Zola> And you know... I'd thought about it but, it wasn't really ... gonna happen, right? Not without a lot of Imps.

<Aubrienne> Thirteen? Are you one of my cousins? :p

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> I don't know how I'll have time to actually have thirteen, but you never know, us Cats can be fecund :P

<Aubrienne> And now that you have the opportunity, you're thinking about it more?

<Zola> Yeah, I think... I think even that's why this feels so right?

<Zola> I was happy with who I was... who I am. I didn't need the change...

<Zola> Maybe it came because I was maybe ready to have a family?

<Zola> I think if I wasn't I'd have just been annoyed.

<Zola> Well, not JUST annoyed... conflicted :P

<Aubrienne> Can I ask a question about that?

<Zola> Yeah, sure... if I can ask equally personal ones when I think of them :P

<Aubrienne> This is actually not about your situation, but you have the closest experience to something I'm considering...I'm bungling this. :/

<Zola> Maybe? I didn't figure you the type to become a dad? :P

<Aubrienne> Heh, no, not that. :)

<Aubrienne> Before we got back, were you considering, like, a magical solution?

<Aubrienne> Or, not solution, I mean, I know it wasn't a *problem*...

<Zola> Sure it is, you couldn't make a baby in the parts I had :P

<Zola> It's a problem if you want to make one, at least.

<Aubrienne> Fair enough.

<Zola> But yeah, it was an idea... that's what I wanted a long time ago... to save up enough money to get it done, but a permanent change isn't cheap if you don't know the right sorcerer.

<Zola> And then... I think with Noren's help before his parents sent him away, I realized I didn't need it...

<Aubrienne> I guess...in that regard, does the fey thing...I was going to say "dropping this in your lap", but that seems a little too on the nose.

<Zola> But if we wanted a child of our own, one of us would need a womb

<Zola> More like FROM my lap?

<Zola> :P

<Aubrienne> Heh

<Zola> It does... and I'd like to know if it was them, or something else?

<Zola> But I guess they're off hiding in the First World now

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Aubrienne> *sigh*

<Zola> It's more than that too... I feel like I'm a little closer to Bastien now too.

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Zola> And I think I can maybe do her staring thing...

<Zola> not that I mentioned it...

<Zola> She? I?

<Aubrienne> Tiny you?

<Aubrienne> ;)

<Zola> Yeah, all that hypnotic stuff seemed so natural then.

<Zola> Now it's almost gone.

<Aubrienne> But still there somewhat?

<Zola> I think so, but... I can't be sure?

<Zola> Because you wouldn't really feel it when it was happening to you.

<Zola> So I can't even ask if people feel offput by it.

<Zola> Other than if I make googly eyes at them.

<Zola> @_@

<Zola> But it just /feels/ right. Hopefully I'm not crazy :P

<Zola> I admit I practiced a little when I got back, in case I remembered any of it. She knew some interesting spells I've never even heard of.

<Zola> Has anything come up with you??

<Zola> Your eyes are normal, if nothing else :)

<Aubrienne> I've got a pretty decent memory of what happened, though not all of her memories from before that, like she had of mine.

<Aubrienne> I've been able to piece together some of her spells, though most of them are beyond me for now.

<Zola> That's fantastic.

<Zola> Well you heard about Hugo, right?

<Aubrienne> I *heard* Hugo. How's he doing?

<Zola> He seems a little rattled by it... I've been giving him some space...

<Zola> I wanted so much for there to be a sign of her when we got back ...

<Aubrienne> A sign of Eletheni?

<Zola> Yeah... but I guess it's still not really a sign that she's not just a figment.

<Zola> Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

<Zola> And it's not my head :P

<Zola> Hopefully we can find her, and if he doesn't want what he came back with, we can find a way to fix it?

<Aubrienne> Well, Eletheni was a lot more different from Hugo than Theater was from me or tiny you was from you.

<Aubrienne> Is it causing him problems? Other than I suppose possible embarrassment?

<Zola> I don't think so? But maybe he's not telling me yet.

<Aubrienne> Makes me worry a bit about those of us that came back seemingly without any aftereffects.

<Zola> So you just know a few more spells? Nothing extra?

<Aubrienne> I worked out an approximation of her, uh, multiple-future vision.

<Aubrienne> *shrug*

<Aubrienne> No physical change, and if there was a mental one, how would I know?

<Zola> Maybe you didn't need any :)

<Aubrienne> Heh, I suppose that's a good way to think of it. :)

<Zola> And maybe the others just haven't figured it out yet, or dont' want to say...

<Zola> Though I imagine if Hettie could grow giant she'd have found it out by now :P

<Zola> Maybe Denise is just more in touch with nature... and can't figure that out here in the city :)

<Aubrienne> As if she wasn't formidable enough. ;)

<Zola> Hahaha

<Aubrienne> Hettie, I mean.

<Zola> Denise too, really :P

<Aubrienne> True. :)

<Zola> I still think we should at least try to find out if this is all the Fey Boon, otherwise I think they still owe us all one :P

<Zola> And maybe advise that they warn people next time.

<Zola> If it is

<Aubrienne> Seems like if they wanted to pay us back they could actually ask what we want.

<Zola> Yeah, unless they did, somehow?

<Zola> Maybe on the way back, as we were being re-remade, they were able to know from our deeper minds something that we desired?

<Aubrienne> Well, I *do* wish I had Theater's broadened perspective.

<Aubrienne> You wanted to be able to stare at folks? ;)

<Zola> Maybe they had a short list? :)

<Zola> And, you know, maybe on some level you didn't want the same perspective? Maybe it scares you on some level?

  • Zola ventures, not really knowing this at all :P

<Aubrienne> Fair. She paid a dear price for it, certainly.

<Zola> It really is a neat ability, though, the mesmerism.

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Zola> Very subtle... as long as you aren't actually oggling.

<Aubrienne> As if you needed a power to mesmerize people. ;)

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Denise said that when Argent joked about giving me the circlet he found.

<Zola> I said any little bit helps :)

<Aubrienne> Circlet?

<Zola> Yes, they haven't told you about all that yet?

<Aubrienne> No...

<Aubrienne> More artifacts?

<Zola> Artifacts? >_>

<Zola> Did they mention...?

  • Zola tries to read if they mentioned the Dark Tapestry without actually saying it >_>

<Aubrienne> I haven't had a chance to talk to Argent much since we got back, and Denise and I had some other things to handle, so she hasn't said anything to me about a circlet or anything like that.

<Zola> Well, it was in with the things Argent and Margaux found down where we encountered Amanita?

<Zola> That's the only artifacts I know Argent found ...

<Aubrienne> Oh, I didn't know they'd gone back.

<Aubrienne> What all did they find?

  • Zola will list the items (did you need the list yourself?)...

<Zola> The cloak we're pretty sure is Amanita's, but the other stuff may have been there from before... maybe some of your people's things?

<Zola> They're going to see if they can find out who they belong to.

<Zola> And the Chief Sorcerer has the cloak for now, just in case it's related to the D... the Codex

<Aubrienne> Sounds reasonable.

<Aubrienne> There's always something, huh?

<Zola> Yeah...

<Aubrienne> Lot of intrigue for a couple of entertainers. ;)

<Zola> ... and that's not it.

<Zola> You need to keep this quiet, right?

<Zola> Well, if you want to know...

<Zola> >_>

<Aubrienne> I can keep things quiet, I promise.

<Aubrienne> What's going on?

<Zola> The Dark Tapestry itself has appeared.

<Aubrienne> It has?

<Aubrienne> Where?

<Zola> The family drawing room

<Zola> @_@

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry?

<Zola> My <w> father </w> *bought it* and had it hanging in the drawing room. The Dark Tapestry.

<Aubrienne> ...

<Aubrienne> I don't know what to say to that.

<Zola> Neither did I!

<Aubrienne> He just *bought* it somewhere?

<Zola> Except "We're calling the Chief Sorcerer!"

<Zola> No, not somewhere, from some shifty Cozovode woman.

<Zola> We had dinner while we waited for Loick Silveira to come pick it up.

<Aubrienne> That must have been awkward.

<Aubrienne> So the Chief Sorcerer has it?

<Zola> Yes.

<Zola> And the cloak

<Zola> That's why I wasn't willing to leave the cloak up to just being some accessory of Amanita's...

<Zola> The thing just APPEARED in my parents' house!

<Zola> Well, it didn't just appear, but you know what I mean.

<Zola> Things like that just don't happen.

<Aubrienne> That can't be a coincidence...

  • Zola sounds alllmost paranoid.

<Aubrienne> Remind me to do a harrowing for you. :)

<Zola> And Daddy too, might be a good idea >_>

<Zola> I thought I had a pretty good plan to cover up his illicit purchase too...

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Zola> We just say he saw it, and knew it belonged in Cozovode, and he knew he had to buy it and give it to the Palace to return it... he gets his name in the paper, and it softens the very expensive loss.

<Zola> Seems workable, right?

<Aubrienne> Possibly. I imagine the Empire will reimburse him.

<Zola> Well... it was quite a lot

<Aubrienne> Though do you think they'll really advertise it?

<Zola> 14 large.

<Zola> Which is, admittedly, a steal

<Zola> No, not at all.

<Zola> Loick said to keep Daddy's name out of it completely, that they're going to be irrationally mad, no matter what.

<Zola> Even though it was their stupid monastery that burned down, and a Cozovode woman was pawning it.

<Aubrienne> Someone burned down a monastery to get it?

<Aubrienne> And then just came here to sell it?

<Zola> Well they waited a few decades, I guess? Maybe their idea of waiting for the heat to go down is a little longer term than ours.

<Zola> Though she seemed to be in a bit of a rush to sell it.

<Zola> I'm hoping the Chief Sorcerer can figure out what it's doing here, and now... maybe they'll catch her? Maybe she wanted me to find it, somehow?

<Zola> Oh, and get this.

<Aubrienne> You think?

<Zola> It had a tear.

<Aubrienne> o.O

<Zola> Rend the Dark Tapestry @_@

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Aubrienne> Yeesh.

<Aubrienne> Something we should take to M. Orecalo, perhaps?

<Aubrienne> Or maybe, just maybe, I should prioritize and let the Chief Sorcerer handle this. ;)

<Zola> I'm sure he's been in touch with him, or his father, if he thinks that's wise.

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Zola> Anyway, I thought that maybe Argent had told you about that before I told him not to tell anyone.

  • Zola dismisses that, now that she's explained it all

<Aubrienne> Oh, no, I think he's got secret-keeping down.

  • Zola looks at Aubrienne oddly

<Aubrienne> Come on, he's not just a busboy. Or security intern, or whatever he is now.

<Zola> Well he does seem a little gung-ho for a waiter...

<Aubrienne> Which would make sense of one Denise's 'associates', but he doesn't seem to be one of them.

<Zola> But he's also quite young...

<Zola> so it's not like he was

<Zola> in the war or something.

<Aubrienne> I trust him, and I think he's one of the good guys...I'm just saying, he's got some things going on we don't know about.

<Aubrienne> But, then again, seems like we all do. ;)

<Zola> >_>

<Zola> Yeah, weirdness seems run of the mill these days.

<Aubrienne> So it would seem.

<Zola> Speaking of things on the go...

<Zola> I guess I do have another secret...

<Zola> And I'm not sure how much longer I want to keep it.

<Aubrienne> Well, now, this is quite the gab session. :p

<Aubrienne> What's up?

<Zola> I didn't even think about it until you said that... but I think it feels right to tell you now.

<Zola> Just remember that it's still a secret...

  • Aubrienne mimes locking her lips and throwing away the key

<Zola> It's my family name...

<Zola> Torvalle

<Zola> And, I guess my birth name.

  • Zola looks to see if that sparks anything

<Aubrienne> (I'm guessing it would?)

<Aubrienne> Torvalle? Like...

<Zola> (It's Mico's name and a big store chain, and that happens to be owned by his parents.)

<Zola> I was born Micholas.

<Aubrienne> @.@

  • Zola laughs a little awkwardly

<Aubrienne> Zola...*you're* Mico Torvalle!

  • Aubrienne immediately has to calm Hyacinth.

<Zola> Yeah, was, and from time to time I dress up as him.

<Aubrienne> Oh my gods!

<Aubrienne> How...wha...who knows?

<Zola> That's why he's willing to show up to my birthday party :P

<Zola> Hugo, of course... and Tits and Gabby knew me when I was just starting out with dressing comfortably.

<Zola> My agent arranges everything, and keeps it all secret because it's good money for him.

<Aubrienne> Huh

<Zola> But you know, I've had one of my own songs on the radio, so I might want to throw in the towel with all that.

<Aubrienne> And you're thinking of, uh, going public?

<Zola> Yeah, maybe ... retiring him.

<Aubrienne> Seems like it could make things easier.

<Aubrienne> But you've certainly had your reasons, I know.

<Aubrienne> I'm here for you, if you need anything.

<Zola> Aww, thank you <3

  • Zola hugs
  • Aubrienne gives you a somewhat awkward one-handed hug.

<Zola> It was just when I started out performing as a woman that someone picked up on Mico's first single, and I didn't want to let that go...

<Zola> So I decided to do both.

<Aubrienne> That's fair.

<Zola> I'm a little worried that the city won't like me as much as Mico ... but I guess that's life :)

<Aubrienne> Zola, people love you.

<Zola> And ever since Noren got me my first pair of tits... they've been a real pain to bind down -_-

<Aubrienne> I mean, I know we've all been sidelined for a bit, but you're big deal, and your star is only rising. :)

<Zola> I know... c'mon, you don't think that worry won't be enough to STOP me? :)

<Aubrienne> Gods, I sound like an agent.

<Aubrienne> Heh

<Aubrienne> Backing up a second, Noren got you your tits?

<Zola> Oh, and you know who else knew? Leiris' father... Stean Cuville, he just knew, from that interview

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't told you that yet...

  • Aubrienne laughs along

<Aubrienne> Well, I guess it was a good investment. ;)

<Zola> He pilfered his parents coffers for the money... which is why they sent him away for a few years.

<Zola> He thought so too :)

<Aubrienne> Oh, wow. Even more drama.

<Aubrienne> You should talk to my friend Kori. She'd make a hell of a movie out of it. :)

<Zola> Yeah... when he came back, I worried things would be weird, or that they'd be a problem, but he just doesn't care what they think.

<Zola> I hope he doesn't miss them much.

<Zola> The tits, not his parents, they're here in town

<Zola> But these puppies are, I guess, all natural... ish.

<Aubrienne> They seem fine to me. ;)

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Yeah I haven't seen him pining yet.

<Zola> Speaking of Korisse... what's the story with the movie?

<Zola> I can't believe I forgot about that... but there's just been so much insanity the past month...

<Aubrienne> Not sure. I think she managed to postpone things, but I'm going to be seeing her soon to talk about it.

<Zola> I hope it works out!

<Aubrienne> Here's hoping.

<Zola> Like I said, I can fill in if you need a hand :)

<Zola> You know what you should do, for a laugh?

<Aubrienne> I'd certainly appreciate it.

<Aubrienne> Hmm?

<Zola> Ask Tits when she was going to tell you she knew Mico :P

<Zola> Watch her squirm about before you let her know I told you :P

<Zola> Then, of course, remind her that I love her, and adore her for all her help keeping the secret you used to torture her >_>

<Aubrienne> Oh, that sounds wonderfully devious. I'm totally going to do that.

<Aubrienne> For now, why don't we dig into that lovely basket you we kind enough to bring. :)

<Zola> Sure thing! I'll go get it.

  • Zola will get it from the kitchen or whereever she stashed it

Denise and Hettienne fill Argent and Aubrienne in on what they learned from Silvia

<Denise> so - I assume Hettie;s place will be the nbest place to gather?

<Denise> I can spread the word

<Denise> and make snacks and coffee :D

<Hettienne> I was just gonna say

<Hettienne> Denise is in charge of snacks :v

<Denise> (before work? After work?)

<Denise> (Before might be better?)

<Hettienne> (whatevs)

<Aubrienne> (Either is fine)

<Denise> (okay - should I start?)

<Hettienne> (k)

  • Denise makes sure everyone is settled with snacks/drinks as desire

<Denise> so, uh

<Denise> the deck - I know we all've had other stuff to worry about

<Denise> but there's some stuff goin' on that makes me feel we can't just leave it where it's at - it ain't safe for Ander.

<Denise> Me'n hettie went to talk to Channel Sylvia though

<Denise> finally >.>

<Aubrienne> What did she say?

<Denise> she said she was gonna do some, like.... divinationy stuff to see if she can get some idea of what the best thing to do is

<Aubrienne> Sounds reasonable.

<Hettienne> we asked if there were a way to make it less dangerous

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> The answer was pretty much 'nope'

<Hettienne> :/

<Denise> yeah :/

<Aubrienne> Well, that's not unexpected.

<Aubrienne> Crappy, but not unexpected.

<Hettienne> Yeah, I guess.

<Hettienne> I just hoped bein' a channel, she might know some way

<Denise> she said, though, that if it ain't safe where it's at now, she coud look after it an keep it safe

  • Hettienne nods.

<Hettienne> So, I know my opinion, but what do the rest of yas think?

<Denise> She said she ain't interested in using it right now, but she can't promise that wouln't ever change if somethin' good came up, which at least is honest

<Aubrienne> <Rat> I'm all for keeping it safe, but I'm wondering if it's maybe where it's supposed to be.

<Nycki> Why should we trust her any more'n anyone else?

<Denise> (Oh yeah I assume we are speaking rat here, sorry ;)

<Aubrienne> (Does Argent speak Rat?)

<Denise> 'cause she's got more sense than anyone else we thought of >.>

<Argent> (yep)

<Aubrienne> (cool cools)

<Hettienne> The vjestaci... they want it so bad it makes me nervous.

<Denise> yeah

<Argent> Does someone else know Ander has the Deck?

<Denise> they've been tryin' to find out

<Denise> but I guess their divinations are bein' all tricky about it.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I'm more and more convinced the Vjestaci shouldn't have it.

<Hettienne> An they're magic types, so it's probably only a matter of time

<Aubrienne> Would giving it to the Channels protect it any better, though?

<Denise> I ain't even told him what it is, bt he does know folks are after it

<Hettienne> Though maybe it don't want them to find it...

<Aubrienne> I think you're right about that, Hettie.

<Denise> Channel's sylvia's rich *an* powerfuul - she's gotta have better ways to keep it safe.

<Denise> plus, like, she gets it

<Denise> that it's real dangerous an stuff

<Argent> Do you trust her? Is there any stress in her life that would tempt her to use it?

<Denise> I do trust her - I don't know everythin' goin on in her life, but I don't think it were for stuff like that she was meanin', either

<Hettienne> She seemed solid to me.

<Denise> and if not the Vjestaci, I don't know where else we can go

  • Nycki sort of grimaces/sighs

<Denise> an' not the hush :p

<Nycki> No, I weren't gonna say that

  • Denise nods

<Nycki> Just, Silvia Rionet's shacked up with that fella who runs the Serpent church, an' she's the sister of the Lord Chancellor. it ain't like just cause she's a channel she ain't got other ties, folks who might have sway over her, you know?

<Denise> everyont's got ties, Nycki :p

<Nycki> I know, but hers are kinda ... widespread an' high up.

<Denise> you got any better ideas?

<Argent> anyone know a foundation about to be poured?

<Nycki> Prolly Ander ;p

<Denise> an', like - the Chancellor is one of us, That hardly even counts

<Denise> >.>

  • Nycki shrugs

<Nycki> Like I said, I ain't got any better ideas, I just figure the more we know 'bout the person we're thinkin' of handin' it over to, the better.

<Aubrienne> What is it we're specifically worried about with leaving it where it is? Maybe we can solve those problems and it'll be fine as is.

<Aubrienne> The Vjestaci...maybe we can convince them it's better off left alone, and it does seem to be at least partially protected from their divinations.

<Denise> well, fist off, if they figure out who they're lookin for, there really ain't much the boss could do to stop 'em

<Denise> and plus.... other stuff

  • Denise says wyih emphasiss and a Look at Aubrienne

<Aubrienne> Maybe,Denise, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to give it to someone else.

  • Aubrienne says, returning the Look.

<Hettienne> What is goin' on here?

<Denise> he's got enough to deal with

<Hettienne> Aright, if he don't want to hold it no more then that's that.

<Aubrienne> He's always going to have a lot to deal with. He's kind of a leader in the community.

<Denise> yeah - but, if he dn't even kow what he's dealin' with, an he don't - then that ain't fair.

<Aubrienne> So maybe we tell him.

<Aubrienne> Let him decide if he wants to be involved or not.

<Hettienne> Then he definitely ain't gonna want it.

<Argent> if he's smart he'll wnat nothing to do with it, if not, well...

  • Denise looks to see what other poepe think of that idea

<Enver> I think if we wanna leave it with him, we owe it to him to tell him what it is.

<Hettienne> I'd still feel better if it were with someone who

<Hettienne> s got half a clue about the thing.

<Aubrienne> *We* could get a clue about it.

<Aubrienne> Do some research, I mean.

<Hettienne> Aw hell naw Bree.

<Hettienne> That is all kinds of a bad idea.

<Hettienne> None of us is keepin' it.

<Denise> wait, what?

<Aubrienne> I'm not talking about us keeping it.

<Aubrienne> I'm talking about being able to offer some better advice about it to Ander.

<Aubrienne> Or whoever else it goes to, if we go that route.

<Hettienne> He could just ask Silvia :p

<Aubrienne> True, I suppose.

<Hettienne> Gods know I ain't got nothin' against Ander... but why d'you want him to keep it so bad?

  • Denise gives Hettie a Look

<Denise> Because.

  • Denise says, with what she hopes is Meaning and Finality.

<Hettienne> Oh 'because'.

<Hettienne> Well if it's 'because,' why are we havin' this fuckin' meetin' at all

  • Hettienne throws her hands up.
  • Aubrienne tries to keep a serious face.
  • Denise sighs

<Denise> YOu know why :p

<Hettienne> Yeah I know why you think why, but I ain't sure that's enough reason.

<Denise> me either!

<Denise> I'm not sayin' it - she is :p

<Nycki> Ain't no one sayin' much of anythin' here

<Argent> this isn't getting us anywere, really... so just to throw it out, I suggest we hid it someplace else if Ander can't keep it

<Denise> well, the ony thing is, prolly the Vjestaci would have an easier time findin' it

<Denise> I think - we should gve it to Channel Sylvia, and if not, we at least need to let Ander know what it is.

<Hettienne> ... because Ander is what's confusi' their spells.

<Denise> yes

<Aubrienne> Yep.

<Aubrienne> You give it to Channel Sylvia, and there's a solid chance their next divination points right to her.

<Hettienne> We oughtta at least give it to her so she can do her magics.

<Hettienne> Maybe Ander could go with it. :p

<Denise> I feel like, if they divine she's got it, she knows they want it and she don't trust 'em to be resonsible neither

<Aubrienne> We could set up a meeting between them, maybe?

<Denise> I don't think the Vjestaci realllly wanna start nothin' with the channels

<Aubrienne> That's true.

<Aubrienne> But that's also assuming there's no crossover there.

<Aubrienne> They're both Rat cultural institutions. They've got influence with one another. That could be good or bad for us here.

<Argent> they scratch eachothers backs

<Hettienne> Uhh

<Hettienne> hate to break it to yas, but Ander ain't squeaky clean hisself.

<Hettienne> He's got plenty o' back scratchin going on.

<Aubrienne> I'm not denying that. I just feel like his concerns are such that it's unlikely he resorts to ancient unfathomable magics to solve them.

<Hettienne> We met Sylvia...

  • Hettienne nods to Denise.

<Hettienne> We trust her.

<Hettienne> Oh he don't?

  • Hettienne gives you a Look

<Denise> I think he's got more sense'n that

<Denise> but like

<Aubrienne> His everyday concerns, I mean.

<Denise> yeah

<Aubrienne> *sigh*

<Denise> well, like - why don't *you* do a divnation thingy?

  • Denise asus her

<Aubrienne> It's sounding like maybe we need to let him in on what's going on, and maybe try to get him and Channel Sylvia in the same room to talk about it.

<Aubrienne> I was considering it.

<Aubrienne> It's closest we can get to asking the deck what it wants. Though, given what it is, I'm not sure following what it wants is always the best course...

<Denise> why don't you ask if givin' it to Channel Sylvia is the best for now.

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Aubrienne> I can do tha...

  • Aubrienne gets a weird look on her face.

<Aubrienne> Divination! I'm an idiot.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Like Thea did

<Denise> you said you could do that?

<Aubrienne> I'll do a Harrowing, but I can also just do a Divination as well.

<Aubrienne> They're usually a little less in need of interpretation.

<Denise> okay

<Argent> this will take a few minutes

<Argent> anyone need more coffee?

<Aubrienne> Yeah, it's gonna take a bit.

  • Aubrienne gets out her deck.
  • Argent gets up to refill his cup
  • Argent looks for anyone else

<Nycki> Sure I'll take some more

  • Hettienne passes hers over.
  • Argent uses his expert waiter skills to balance the mugs and heads off to refill

<Denise> please

<Aubrienne> How exactly should we be phrasing this?

<Hettienne> Uh...

<Aubrienne> What should we do with the deck? Who should have the deck? Should we give the deck to Channel Sylvia?

<Hettienne> Is givin' Silvia the deck what will keep it safest?

<Argent> Rat please tell us if giving the Deck of Many Things to the Channel Sylvia will keep it safe from being used?

<Hettienne> Yeah, what Argent said.

<Denise> well, she even said prolly it won't

  • Denise sighs

<Denise> this is haaaard

<Denise> ask if it is our best option

  • Argent returns with filled mugs

<Hettienne> how about if it gives the best chance of not bein' used.

<Denise> for keepin' it safe from being used stupid :p

<Aubrienne> I don't actually care about bugging the gods, and it's not like I can only cast this once.

<Argent> Its good to be polite

<Hettienne> So we're in for a long night of god-botherin, is what you're sayin'

<Aubrienne> (I care about bugging the DM, obvs, but the gods...meh ;))

  • Hettienne reaches for her coffee with a nod of thanks to Argent

<Enver> (okay, so what are you casting? Divination?)

  • Aubrienne will cast Divination with the question "Does giving the Harrow Deck of Many Things to Channel Sylvia give us the best chance of it not being used?"

<Argent> if this doesnt work we could invest in a long boat trip and accidentally loose the cargo at sea

<Denise> <m>not being used *stupid* >.>

<Enver> (okay, you wanna roll for that?)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 88 ].

<Aubrienne> (Crap)

<Aubrienne> (Let me check. I feel like I have something that helps with this)

<Aubrienne> (Oh, no, it's something I was looking at but haven't actually picked for my feat from...last level >.>)

<Enver> (heh.. well, feel like picking a feat in a hurry now? ;)

<Enver> (or do you have Destiny points?)

<Aubrienne> (I can do that. I was going to pick up another Arcane Exploit to get the Harrow Bloodline ability, which will let me roll twice and add 5% to my accuracy)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 37 ].

<Aubrienne> (That's better)

<Enver> (okay, sec to compose my answer to that)

<Enver> (talk amongst yourselves ^-^)

<Aubrienne> ("I'm on hold with Rat")

  • Denise fidgets

<Argent> how did we end up finding this thing in the first place?

<Argent> and have you figured out a good dress style for Denise, Hettie?

<Denise> we wanted to find a Rat trea -UGH!

<Denise> :P

<Hettienne> Heh.

  • Denise sighs

<Argent> Don't worry, I'll find something new to tease you about soon... but this one has some good mileage.

  • Denise sighs

<Denise> just quit it, okay? -_-

<Denise> I don't even know if I wanna wear a dress an I'm all worn out on thinking :|

<Argent> just trying to chill the tension down

<Denise> it ain't workin' on me :p

<Aubrienne> "The clouded channel will see the cards for what they are if you put them in her hands."

<Hettienne> SO... that sounds... good?

<Denise> so, she'll know what to do.

  • Aubrienne shakes her head a little to clear it.

<Denise> yeah.

<Aubrienne> Conceivably.

<Aubrienne> It at least sounds safe to hand it over to her.

<Argent> I say we have some faith that its the best option we have right now

<Hettienne> Right.

<Hettienne> Good.

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Denise> okay good.

<Denise> So, Hettie an I can get f from the Boss, an bring it to her. I just wanna set it up so she know's it's comin'.

<Hettienne> She got a phone?

<Denise> i dn't know the number.

<Hettienne> Well, we can send her a message someway.

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> we can sort it out - but at least we got a plan now.

<Aubrienne> Sounds good.

  • Denise will break out the liquour and give everyone a shot ;p

<Hettienne> And now I gotta go to work :p

<Denise> yup!

<Argent> great way to spend the evening after deciding the fate of an artifact.

<Argent> anyone want a lift?

<Hettienne> No thanks, I wanna get there in one piece :p

<Denise> heh

<Denise> I gotta go pick up the boss in a bit.

<Denise> I bet you'd like it though!

  • Denise says to Aubrienne

<Aubrienne> I would, but I drove.

<Aubrienne> I can give you a slightly less dangerous ride if you like, Hettie.

<Hettienne> Sure :)

<Argent> suit yourselves... I'm off

  • Argent downs his coffee, grabs his jacket and heads out

<Aubrienne> Rain check? ;)

<Argent> sure

Denise fills Mikel in on various Ratte News bits

<Mikel> (so I assume this would be after the conversation with Silvia, and with the group talk?)

<Denise> (yeah)

<Mikel> (where did you want to talk, Hettie's place?)

<Denise> (That's probably best, yeah)

<Mikel> (kk)

  • Mikel brings over some leftover snacks from a channel meeting, say :)
  • Denise will call from the club phone the night of the group meeting to get him to come over sometime the next day

<Mikel> hey, I got some crackers an' cheese, if you want any.

<Denise> aww, you're the best :D

<Denise> you wants some coffee? or tea or somethin'?

<Mikel> there were some little pickles too but those all got eaten

<Mikel> sure, tea sounds good

<Mikel> how's stuff goin?

  • Denise makes tea

<Denise> well, gosh, you prolly heard most of it already @_@

<Denise> I like your hair though!

<Mikel> thanks, it was Helgea's idea, but I think it looks okay? Bit chilly though.

  • Mikel runs a hand self-consciously over his hair

<Denise> well, it's warmin' up

<Denise> plus there's always hats :)

<Mikel> yeah

<Denise> but I lik that you kept it long - it's more you that way

<Denise> well, the not-shaved bits

<Denise> you know :p

<Mikel> well, glad you like it

  • Mikel says re. his hair

<Denise> so, things are still goin' good with her...?

<Mikel> yeah, they're good. It's kinda complicated but I like her a lot.

<Denise> you ian't had any trouble pver it, have you?

<Denise> Like, either of you?

<Mikel> Naw, nothin' like that.

<Denise> okay

<Mikel> I just wish she didn't haveta go out with other guys... it ain't really like I'm jealous, 'cause I know they don't mean nothin' to her, but just... it ain't how I'd like it to be.

<Denise> :/

<Denise> what's she say?

<Mikel> She says only likes me. An' she ain't gonna do it forever.

<Mikel> (she only likes me, that should be)

<Denise> has she got a plan?

<Mikel> well... yeah, but I don't know that I like it too much.

  • Mikel sips his tea

<Denise> you gonna tell me?

<Mikel> She says if she figures out the right guy, she could marry him. She'd pick a guy who was old an' rich, she says. An' then.. just wait for him to kick the bucket, I guess.

  • Mikel shrugs

<Denise> oh :|

<Denise> I can see why maybe you wouldn't be so keen on that

<Mikel> Yeah... like how long would we have to wait? Am I just gonna sit around for a few years, maybe? What if she changes her mind while we ain't together so much.

<Denise> an like - if they'd let her get married, why not to you in the first place, right?

<Mikel> yeah... well, I guess the idea would be it'd be someone they'd wanna butter up. not me.

<Denise> well, they should butter you up. you're one of Channe Sylvia's best students :p

  • Mikel smiles a little at that

<Mikel> She did say that, I guess :)

<Denise> yeah!

<Denise> We decided we do want to give her the deck, we just need to set it up so she knows it's comin'

  • Mikel nods
  • Denise says as an aside

<Mikel> sounds like a good plan... I think she'll look after it right.

<Denise> well, Aubrienne did a Divination too about if t was a good idea an it seemed to say she'd know what to do

  • Mikel nods

<Mikel> I hope it'll work out okay then.

<Denise> yeah me too

<Mikel> how's things with you an' Enver? you guys had any chance to look for houses yet or anything like that?

<Denise> the stuff with the Vjestaci is bringin down het on Ander that I don't like :|

<Mikel> :/

<Denise> not yet, but we talked more about it

<Denise> we got more money than we though we would have to work with so we can be a little more picky I guess

<Denise> Plus we stil got some time

  • Mikel nods

<Mikel> what sorta things do you wanna look for?

<Mikel> an... are you gonna look close to home, like? >.>

<Denise> well - like, not *too* far from everything an everyone, ya know?

<Denise> Plus, a nice kitchen, and some extra room...

  • Mikel tries to get a sense of if you're planning to move to the other side of the river ;p

<Denise> well you an Alain are over in Pearl an I dunn if Hettie an Nycki are gonna stay here or what, so I dunno :/

  • Mikel nods

<Denise> I don't wanna go too Far but Enver's picky about location 'cause of undercity stuff

<Mikel> I mean, you should take what you can find that you like - don't matter so much if it's in the Pav or Iena or what, if you can get around.

<Denise> He'd be happiest if we could still find someplace on the wall :p

<Denise> we were talkin' about gettin' motorbikes!

<Mikel> oh, that'd be swell!

<Mikel> that's bettern' a car anyway for gettin' around some streets

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Argent's got one - his is *real* fancy though, like, almost cost as much as a house, I checked @_@

<Mikel> wow

<Denise> so unles they're fallin' off the back of trucks these days proly somethin' not so fancy as that

<Denise> but it ain't really the same, ya know?

  • Mikel nods

<Denise> Plus around ma and da's place they'd prolly just get nicked >.>

<Mikel> :/

  • Denise shrugs

<Mikel> well it sounds like a good idea

<Denise> well, we'll see

  • Denise is now wondering if fancy mtorbikes *do* fall off the back of trucks the way cars sometimes do >.>
  • Mikel nods

<Mikel> Da's lookin' at what stuff to do to fix up the house...

  • Denise nods

<Mikel> an' since you talked to him, I don't think he's even taken one overtime. he seems ... I dunno. more calm.

<Denise> really?

  • Mikel nods

<Denise> like - that's real good, just... I dunno

<Denise> it seems liek a lotta stuff changin all at once

<Mikel> well yeah. I hope it's good changes though.

<Denise> he ain't never listened to sense before

  • Mikel smiles a little at that

<Mikel> I think he an' Mam been talkin' more too.

<Denise> that's good

<Mikel> now he don't just come home an' fall asleep in his chair. he even stays in their room some nights. least, that's what Yvie said.

<Denise> huh

<Denise> an mam's doin' okay?

<Mikel> yeah, I guess so. I was thinkin' about her though, an' I wanna see what you think...

<Denise> yeah?

<Mikel> well, like...I wonder if the priests, they might be able to do more to help her. especially if we got the money to pay for it now.

<Mikel> I don't wanna get her hopes up too much though, you know? in case it don't work or they say they can't do it cause it's been so long or whatever.

<Denise> there's more they could do?

<Mikel> I dunno. maybe? like there's more powerful healing spells, but some of 'em cost a lot of money to do.

<Denise> oh

<Denise> how much money?

  • Denise says, preparing to readjust her budget

<Mikel> I dunno.

<Mikel> I'd have to ask.

<Denise> I don't really know any priests...

<Mikel> Channel Silvia knows some. well, like, her fella's one, anyway, plus she knows the Patriarch even.

<Denise> right

<Denise> I guess Argent knows some

<Denise> Mireva's datin' one now - a serpent one though

<Denise> but he's a Rat

  • Mikel nods

<Mikel> Channel Silvia's man is a Serpent one too. she's got some ideas on how somehow it's all sorta ... the same, I guess, but I'd still rather have a Rat one if we could.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> like - Rat an serpent are the same?

<Denise> or all the gods?

  • Denise is conused, but shrugs

<Mikel> I dunno exactly, it's confusing.

<Denise> well I bet we could find a Rat one somewhere, anyway, an prolly mam would like tat better is not a channel

<Mikel> yeah

<Mikel> I just didn't wanna tell Mam we could do it if we can't, you know?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well, if you wanna look into it, you lemme know, okay?

<Mikel> yeah, I will

<Denise> I can put sme money aside...

<Denise> like I guess it wold be the same money anyway?

<Mikel> yeah - like the money that's put aside for her care now

<Denise> for takin' care of mam, yeah

<Denise> okay

<Denise> well - can you set things up with Channel Sylvia about the deck?

<Mikel> Sure - you wanna bring it to her place?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> there is another thing that's been goin' on...

<Mikel> oh?

<Denise> I was gonna talk to you about it before an then I got impatient >.>

<Denise> I can turn into a rat :3

<Mikel> uh what?

<Denise> just what I said :3

<Mikel> how'd that happen?

<Denise> welllll... that's complicated

<Denise> but a bunch a other channels already know...

<Denise> or two, anyway

<Mikel> is it magic?

<Denise> Channel Sylvia an Channel janelle

  • Mikel nods

<Denise> well, it's gotta be sme kinda magic!

<Denise> but it's like - from Rat magic

<Mikel> huh

<Mikel> can you just do it anytime?

<Denise> yeah!

<Denise> wanna see? :D

<Mikel> sure!

  • Denise will rattify herself and scamper up to her brother

<Mikel> hey look at you :)

  • Mikel picks you up
  • Denise squeaks but allows it
  • Mikel is practiced at handling rats anyway, and doesn't do anything too alarming, but will set you on the table so he can look you in the face better

<Denise> [r]it's pretty great!

  • Mikel chuckles
  • Mikel will cast a spell so he can talk to you in rat talk ;)
  • Denise sniffs th cheese

<Mikel> [r] you want some of that?

<Denise> huh, that smells *real* good now @_@

<Mikel> [r] well have some!

  • Denise will adorably nibble a piece of cheese

<Mikel> hee

<Denise> [r with her mouth full]don't lauh at me is tasty!

  • Mikel laughs

<Mikel> [r] how'm I supposed to not laugh at that

  • Denise chitters

<Denise> anyway... yeah

<Denise> there's a thing, about bringin' back the change to folks

<Mikel> yeah?

<Denise> I guess.... it's real hush hush still

<Denise> it's gotta stay that way for now, but it's not gonna forever

<Mikel> okay.. I won't tell no one

<Denise> 'cause, like, it's supposed to be for folks who want it

<Denise> it's gonna get dangerous

  • Mikel nods

<Denise> but it's important

<Denise> right?

<Mikel> yeah :o

  • Denise will scamper down off the table so she can turn back into her human self
  • Denise takes another piece pf cheese

<Denise> so, there's that :3

<Mikel> that sure is a thing

<Denise> I'm all excited an nervous too

<Mikel> I bet. Have you been explorin' around like that?

<Denise> not too much yet - Enver an' I been talkin' about it though

<Mikel> well, if you want, I could show you some neat places sometime

<Denise> yeah, that's be swell!

<Mikel> okay :)

  • Denise grins

<Mikel> I should prolly get goin', I'm gonna meet Helgea for dinner

<Denise> okay - say hi for me :)

<Mikel> sure :)

  • Mikel leaves you the cheese and crackers, and heads off

Aubrienne agrees to appear publically as Titania's date

<Aubrienne> What's the setup for the scene?

<DiablotinNarrator> I was thinking sometime while you're home together, after getting the baby to sleep, so you have a bit of quiet?

<Aubrienne> Okie doke

<Aubrienne> Her place or mine? ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> hmm, whichever

<DiablotinNarrator> either is fine :)

<Aubrienne> Aubrienne's then, I guess? We're usually at Tits', so it'd be a change. :)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure

  • Titania is a bit fidgetty, despite having already had a couple of smokes

<Aubrienne> Everything okay?

<Titania> Oh... sorry.

<Titania> Yeah, I'm all right. It's just, I was meaning to talk to you, but it's hard to find a good time.

<Aubrienne> You seem a little antsy.

  • Titania shrugs

<Titania> can we talk?

<Aubrienne> Sure, always.

<Aubrienne> What's on your mind?

<Titania> Well... a couple of things.

  • Aubrienne is starting to look a bit concerned

<Aubrienne> Okay...

<Titania> I know you need to take care of Hyacinth... and I don't feel like I have any right to complain about that. It's your family, and you need to do what's right by them. And she's a sweetheart, anyway.

<Titania> But it's kind of... well, it's just tough sometimes. I'm sure it's tougher for you :/

<Aubrienne> Are you complaining about it?

<Aubrienne> That came out wrong.

  • Titania smiles sort of wryly

<Aubrienne> I mean, you have every right to be upset, and every right to tell me if you're upset.

<Titania> I guess so. But I'm trying really hard not to be a jerk about it.

<Aubrienne> I don't think you have to try that hard not to be a jerk. ;)

<Titania> I just wonder, I guess, if there's anything we could do that would make things easier.

<Aubrienne> ...Probably?

<Aubrienne> I know I've kind of monopolized her care when it's not, strictly speaking, my responsibility.

<Aubrienne> And if, in doing that, I've made things more difficult for you, or not made you feel like the wonderful person you are and deserve to be treated like, I'm sorry.

  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> I'm just being selfish. I signed up to be the center of attention, don't you know? :)

  • Aubrienne grins.

<Aubrienne> So did I, at least for an hour or so a night on stage. ;)

  • Titania takes your hand

<Aubrienne> I could see about getting my family to take care of Hyacinth more, I guess.

<Titania> I don't want to ask you to neglect your niece. She's a baby, she can't help being selfish. I can.

  • Aubrienne squeezes your hand.

<Titania> I just wanted you to know that sometimes I miss the way things were. But I'm not planning on going anywhere.

<Aubrienne> ...You know I would understand if you were, right?

<Titania> Yes, but ... I don't want to mess things up with you.

<Aubrienne> Again, maybe that didn't come out right, but, seriously. I love you, and I love what we have, but I want you to be, you know, all fulfilled and stuff.

  • Titania nods

<Titania> I know that things change. Things will keep changing. We can't always keep things the same, much as we might want to sometimes.

  • Aubrienne smiles wistfully

<Aubrienne> I like to think they'll change for the better. I mean, it wasn't that long ago you were just my boss. And not too long before that, you were just the beautiful princess in the papers.

<Aubrienne> I know, that's a self-centered point of view, but sometimes I like to bask in my luck.

  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> for right now, I mostly just wonder if getting a babysitter every so often, or letting your folks look after Hyacinth for a day, might help keep us both from going crazy :)

<Aubrienne> That's probably a good idea.

<Aubrienne> I'm sure they'd love to see more of her.

<Aubrienne> I'd suggest a trip, but I was kind of absent from work for a couple weeks there recently. >.>

  • Titania nods

<Titania> Well... there is something else I was going to mention. that kind of depends on having someone to take care of the baby for a bit.

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Titania> My brother Leo is getting engaged. It isn't in the papers yet, but it probably will be in a day or two. And there'll be a big party, of course.

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's nice. :)

  • Titania sort of shrugs

<Titania> It is what it is, I guess. I ... well. I hope it'll work out for them.

  • Titania doesn't sound entirely convinced

<Aubrienne> It's not nice?

<Titania> It's business.

<Aubrienne> Ah

<Aubrienne> :/

<Aubrienne> Well, uh, here's hoping?

<Titania> And ... well. Leo already has someone else. But not someone suitable. You know?

<Aubrienne> Ahhh

<Titania> He cares about how things look :/

<Aubrienne> That sucks.

<Titania> Yes.

<Titania> It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. It's not even like Father is forcing him into this or anything like that.

<Titania> Not overtly anyway.

<Aubrienne> o.O

<Aubrienne> What does that mean?

  • Titania sighs

<Titania> My family are fucked up?

<Aubrienne> Fair enough.

  • Aubrienne squeezes your hand.

<Titania> Leo is the oldest, and he's the most like Father, and he wants to be respectable and do things correctly and be proper and dignified and whatever.

<Titania> But he's gay. And that isn't correct or proper or respectable. So he's going to marry Pamelia Escalera and hope things work out, I guess.

<Aubrienne> Ugh.

<Titania> Right.

<Aubrienne> Again, I say, that sucks.

  • Titania nods

<Titania> But anyway... all that aside. I usually manage to avoid the formal events, but he's my brother - I can't just not show up.

<Titania> But I'd like to take a date :)

<Aubrienne> Did you have anyone in mind? ;)

<Titania> Well, if you're free... ;)

<Aubrienne> I think I can pencil you in.

<Titania> I'm not just asking you to make a point to my brother, by the way. I realize after that little speech it might seem like it :/

<Aubrienne> Heh, no, I flatter myself to think you're happy just having me along. ;)

<Titania> But it will be Commented Upon.

<Aubrienne> Is that a problem?

<Titania> and our photographs will likely end up in the papers.

<Aubrienne> I don't want to get you in trouble.

<Titania> Not for me...

  • Titania chuckles at that

<Titania> I already got myself into enough trouble that they just shrug and sigh now. Nothing else I can do is shocking.

<Aubrienne> Well, I guess that's good?

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Titania> As far as my family goes, anyway.

<Titania> I can't speak for what the tabloids will find shocking ;)

<Titania> So if you don't feel up to facing that, or facing my relatives, I'd understand completely.

<Aubrienne> Oh, no, I'm totally down. I've faced a flower queen and and ice king and, come to think of it, I've already met your dad. I can handle this.

<Titania> All right :)

  • Titania leans over to give you a kiss
  • Aubrienne happily kisses you back

<Aubrienne> Now, when is this engagement party?

  • Titania gives you the date, which I haven't set yet :)

<Aubrienne> So, does a princess do her own dress shopping? ;)

<Titania> This one does.

  • Aubrienne grins

<Titania> Want to go dress shopping with me? :)

<Aubrienne> Absolutely. :)

<Titania> great

<Titania> We'll scandalize the palace, it'll be fun :)