Diablotin 3 session 42

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 42 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: October 23, 2016
Diablotin date:

Housekeeping - magic items

<DiablotinNarrator> The gloves and the cauldron seem like they are probably Rat items. The necklace and the circlet are different, possibly fey in origin. The cloak is different again - you believe it might be Cozovode.

<DiablotinNarrator> so it's up to you guys what you want to do with them

<Argent> so thats just origin, nothing Historically Significant... like these gloves are used by ritual xyz

<Denise> everything from the undercity is Historically Significant ;p

<Argent> this is what I want...

<Zola> pfft

<Argent> gloves to lathra, she can give em back if she wants (healers gloves right?)

<Argent> cauldron to Dorien

<Argent> circlet to Zola, she wanted it

  • Zola just oooohed at it

<Argent> and not sure about the necklace or cloak (if we got it back from Loick)

<Argent> anyone specifically want them?

<DiablotinNarrator> Loick can give it back although I think he probably got Alma to touch it first.

<Zola> <Alma> I would like to touch the rest

<DiablotinNarrator> in and of itself it isn't that powerful, it's just knowing its possible connection to the Dark Tapestry that he's interested in. so after it's touched, he'd be willing to return it.

<Zola> What does the necklace do again? noxious breathing stuff?

<Argent> necklace of adaption

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah

<Argent> if not, I'll keep them and hand them out as needed

<Zola> denise/enver?

<Zola> for sewer stuff

<Argent> speak up peoples

<Argent> I would tell everyone about them, I figure its our little adventure group that should have them

<Zola> it's a circlet of persuasion?

<Argent> yep

<Zola> kk

<Denise> I'll take it but Denise woudln't be happy about the gloves and cauldron

<Zola> They could be on loan :3

<Aubrienne> "Not that I disagree with you, but if we're going to get caught up on provenance, shouldn't we be returning all the items? ;)"

<Argent> they are where they can be used, if that changes they can be given back

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> well, let's get started anyway, people can discuss further about item distribution in ooc or whatever :)

<Denise> D woudl maintain that it isn't the same, though her ability to argue that convincingly is probably weak ;p

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is mid-Sixth-month and the weather is pleasant and a bit breezy. The big news of the past few days is the engagement of Prince-Imperial Leolin Kizer to Lady Pamelia Escalera, Countess of Desperée, the daughter of the Duke of Mearim.

<DiablotinNarrator> The Prince-Imperial is 33, and the announcement of the upcoming marriage comes as something of a surprise, as he has not been known to have been courting the countess for long, or have any particular romantic ties, but the public's reaction is generally positive - any opportunity for a party!

  • Zola wonders if he's just found himself a beard.

Aubrienne accompanies Titania to Prince-Imperial Leolin's engagement party

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, as the guest of Princess-Imperial Titania, you are invited to attend the engagement party - Tits will have gone shopping with you for some suitably fancy duds :)

<Aubrienne> Hoorays!

  • Aubrienne classes up. :)
  • Titania has a slinky ice-blue number that is probably more appropriate for the cabaret than a palace shindig

<Titania> I can re-use it ;)

<Aubrienne> I'll say. :)

  • Titania also pulls out some of her real jewelry and puts her hair up nicely

<Titania> Ready to go? :)

<Aubrienne> As I'll ever be. :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The palace is a vast, sprawling complex, with some parts built a thousand years ago and other sections reflecting the tastes of more recent rulers. This particular part isn't one you've been in before, as you've mostly seen the more businesslike areas ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> The multitude of guests are arriving in their chauffeured cars, and a few old-fashioned hold-outs in horse-drawn carriages. You and Tits pull up in a taxi, though.

  • Aubrienne will offer her a hand out of the cab.
  • Titania takes your hand gracefully

<DiablotinNarrator> Photographers snap pictures of the glamourously-dressed nobles as they ascend the wide stone stairs that lead to the massive entry doors. Maybe it's your imagination that there's a flurry of activity as they take more pictures of you and Tits?

  • Aubrienne smiles brightly for the cameras
  • Titania as well

<Aubrienne> Are you famous or something? ;)

<Titania> Only because of my parents ;)

  • Aubrienne laughs

<DiablotinNarrator> The grand ballroom is decorated in blue and gold, with polished marble floors, and decorated with banners bearing the coats of arms of nobles, and chandeliers dripping with crystals that make everything seem to shimmer.

<Aubrienne> Wow. Just...wow.

<Titania> Yeah, imagine how good it is for sliding around in your sock feet.

<Titania> Once we were playing crack the whip and Marc whipped me into a pillar by accident :p

  • Aubrienne laughs

<Aubrienne> Aww

<Titania> At least I think it was an accident...

<Aubrienne> I hope you sought appropriate revenge.

<Titania> two words: Itching powder.

<Aubrienne> Nice. :)

<Titania> Speaking of, let me introduce you properly to Marc, he's just over there.

  • Aubrienne follows along
  • Marcelin is handsome in a muscly sort of way, with red hair and blue eyes.

<Aubrienne> (Anything in particular I would know about him?)

  • Marcelin is the middle one of Marl and Yanina's children, reputed as kind of a ladies' man, fun, outgoing... he's the tabloid favourite I'm sure ;)

<Aubrienne> (cool)

<Titania> Marc!

  • Marcelin turns and gives his little sister a hug

<Titania> Don't mess up my hair, it took ages. Ah... this is my girlfriend, Aubrienne Romilly.

<Titania> Aubrienne, meet Prince-Imperial Marcelin Kizer, you can call him Marc.

<Marcelin> Hi, you can call me.. hey. I was going to say that :p

  • Aubrienne gives a kind of joking curtsy

<Aubrienne> It's nice to meet you, Marc. :)

  • Marcelin bows very formally and politely
  • Aubrienne laughs

<Marcelin> It's lovely to meet you as well.

<Marcelin> So, how are we going to make tonight bearable? :)

<Titania> Drink every time someone says 'I didn't expect him to get married'?

<Aubrienne> Given my understanding, even our tolerances may not be that high.

<Marcelin> Yeah, I want to have fun, not die.

<Titania> Did you not bring a guest?

<Marcelin> No, because anyone I brought would just spark rumours that I'm next to get married.

<Titania> They'll say that anyway :p

<Marcelin> Yeah, but I don't want to put any of my friends through that gossip mill :p

<Aubrienne> You could have brought one of your guy friends. ;)

<Marcelin> True.

<Aubrienne> Though I suppose that's a whole other set of rumors.

<Marcelin> Maybe to the actual wedding :)

<Titania> When is that?

<Marcelin> Three months - which I think is about the shortest amount of time they could get away with. I would not have expected Leo to be rushing into things, but...

  • Marcelin takes a drink, having said the magic words, or close enough
  • Aubrienne follows suit

<Titania> Three months? That's hardly enough time to make a wedding dress.

  • Marcelin shrugs

<Marcelin> Maybe she's knocked up and they want to make it at least semi-convincing that it might be his? :p

<Aubrienne> That's a lovely thought...

  • Titania swats his arm, but nods pensively

<Titania> Aw, look, there they are. And she doesn't look pregnant :p

  • Aubrienne shakes her head and laughs

<Aubrienne> You two are terrible. :)

  • Titania nods as the couple of the hour arrive. Pamelia is indeed quite thin, with light brown hair and an elegant green gown. Leo escorts her graciously, looking rather serious and stiff.

<Titania> Speaking of relatives... I forgot how much she looks like Dad's side of the family, it's been a few years since I've seen her.

<Marcelin> Kissing cousins ;p

<Titania> Second cousins.

  • Titania corrects him

<Marcelin> Whatever.

  • Aubrienne whispers to Titania, "I was about to ask what's up his ass, and then I realized what that would sound like."

<Titania> <w> Please don't make me think about my brother like that ;)

<Aubrienne> Seriously, though, he looks like he's going off to war, not getting married.

  • Titania sighs

<Titania> I'm tempted to say he always looks like that, but I do think it's worse than usual.

<Aubrienne> That's so sad.

<Titania> I'll try to catch him later and see how he's doing.

  • Aubrienne gives Titania a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.
  • Titania smiles

<Titania> For now, let's get some of the good hors d'oeuvres.

<Aubrienne> Oh, fancy foods. ;)

  • Titania will whisk you away to fancy food and free booze ;)

Lathra helps Dasra sort out why Raimond has been taken away - hee hee, ho ho, ha ha

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you receive a phone call at home from Dasra, who sounds quite upset

<Lathra> Dasra dear, slow down, what's happened?

<Dasra> it's Raimond, they took him away!

<Lathra> Wha... *who* took him away?

<Dasra> His mother, or her staff anyway...

<Lathra> Oh of all the idiot... did they say anything about it to you?

<Lathra> . o O (Face. Palm.)

<Dasra> She got some kind of court document to say that I wasn't caring for him properly...

<Lathra> Do you have a lawyer already dear?

<Dasra> Yes, they're looking into it but it doesn't help right away... they took him to some sort of private facility. I went there yesterday and they wouldn't even let me in to see him!

<Lathra> Well I'm no lawyer myself but it seems awfully remiss for them to have not spoken to me when obtaining that document. Where's this facility?

<Dasra> Oh, it's out in the countryside - it was quite hard to find!

  • Lathra pinches the bridge of her nose

<Dasra> I drove out there yesterday, and it's in a big old manor house, I guess it's been turned into a rest home or something for recovering soldiers...

<Lathra> Their court document said you're not even allowed to visit him?

<Dasra> No, I don't think so, but the woman I talked to said it would interfere with his treatment :(

<Dasra> Of course my lawyers will keep working on the matter, but I'm scared of what could happen to him in the meantime.

<Lathra> Would it be alright for me to speak to your lawyers? I don't really know what I'm allowed to do, to be honest, aside from rushing to your place with a bottle.

<Lathra> I could try to visit myself, to find out about the treatment they're giving him.

<Dasra> Oh, of course, anything you can do would be so helpful... I'm in a terrible state, trying to keep myself together.

  • Dasra can give you her lawyer's contact information, and the location of the facility where Raimond is supposedly being cared for

<Lathra> That's perfect, thanks - I'll let you know what I find out, and I'll come by as soon as I can.

<Dasra> I know that Hugo already tried to talk to his mother, and that didn't help at all... :/

<Lathra> Oh dear, that's a shame

<Lathra> . o O (<_<)

  • Lathra will call the lawyers' office

<Receptionist> Good afternoon, Lucerne Sisters, how can I help you?

<Lathra> Hello, this is Lathra Scales - I'd like to speak to Dasra Neherin's lawyer please, I'm Raimond's cleric.

<Receptionist> One moment please.

  • Receptionist will transfer you, presumably.

<Lawyer> Yes, this is Runia Lucerne, I understand you're calling on behalf of Dasra Neherin?

<Lathra> Yes, in part - I believe she's already spoken to you on her own behalf?

<Lawyer> Yes, we're working on the case.

<Lathra> I'm calling to determine if I can be of help, and to get your advice on what I can do without being a hinderance. For example, could I visit the premises to review his new treatment?

<Lawyer> We might need to call upon you to make a statement as to the treatment Raimond was receiving while under his wife's care.

<Lathra> I can definitely provide that.

<Lawyer> Excellent.

<Lathra> Is there any recourse for us to know that he's in good hands and being treated well right now?

<Lawyer> As to visiting the premises, it's my understanding that Mme. Neherin attempted that and was rebuffed. It is private property, and they have the right to remove people from it. But if you were previously his medical supervisor, you might have more luck than she did?

<Lathra> I'm sure you agree that it's ridiculous that his wife has no access to him, though of course I see that they may be legally within their rights.

<Lawyer> I certainly agree, and we are working to try and have this ridiculous judgement overturned.

<Lawyer> May we call on you soon for a statement?

<Lathra> Oh of course you may, of course! And I'll try making a visit, so long as I won't be stepping on your toes.

<Lawyer> Thank you, yes, we appreciate that. We don't want to make this situation any more volatile than it already is, but if you go there and are refused entrance, it could support our case that this is not really about M. Neherin's medical care, or in his best interests.

<Lathra> Well, call whenever you need that statement, and best of luck. Goodbye!

  • Lathra hangs up when appropriate.

Argent stalks his father, then asks Zola about him

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, we'll go on to whoever is next.

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola? Argent?

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Argent, you wanted to stalk Hugo I believe?

<Argent> (that was my plan)

<DiablotinNarrator> How and where do you want to stalk him? :)

<Argent> (work first to get some personal information, then home)

<Argent> (as to the how, watch him, ask subtle questions of people about him, that sort of thing)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - I guess make a Stealth check and a Perception check

<Argent> (ill use my blessed infiltration for stealth )

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 17 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Argent> (ill take the 26 stealth)

<Argent> (perception)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+21

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 22 ].

<Argent> (lol)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can ask around and find out basic information anyway - where he lives, people's general opinions of him, that sort of thing. He's good friends with Zola obviously, so she might be someone to talk to further.

<Argent> (and she likes me for giving her that circlet :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> (definitely ;)

  • Argent will go chat with her then
  • Zola is, let's say, drinking a cherry bomb at one of the tables she likes to sit at.

<Argent> Hi Zola, how are you doing this evening?

<Zola> Hey Argent... I'm doing well, how about you?

<Argent> Ok, a little distracted these days, to be honest

<Zola> Yeah? I've just started to feel like things might be about to get back to normal...

<Argent> really, normal?

  • Zola chuckles

<Zola> Something like it, at least?

<Zola> Why, something still eating at you about our adventures?

<Argent> lingering effects, you could say

<Argent> amongst other things

<Argent> How is Hugo doing after his voice situation?

<Zola> Oh yeah? Have you figured out what your boon is, if that's what's happening with some of us?

<Zola> Hugo'll be fine... but he'd really like to talk to Eletheni...

<Zola> Not that I wouldn't as well... she seemed nice.

<Argent> it would be nice to know they're all doing well.

<Zola> Yeah, it would :)

  • Zola remembers that Argent was a woman there...

<Zola> So these lingering effects... is that... something you wanted to talk to me about specifically?

<Zola> We could find somewhere a little more discreet if you want.

<Argent> a little bit I guess, I was a little worried about Hugo... he always came across as reluctant in this whole thing.

<Argent> I'm not sure if that's really necessary

  • Zola was not expecting the topic to turn back to Hugo.

<Argent> unless there was something you wanted to talk about in private?

<Zola> Well, I think he'll be fine, once we figure things out... get a chance to talk to Eletheni. And he can decide if it's something he wants to keep on or if we need to try to get it fixed.

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> I just thought maybe you brought something back from Silver you might not want to share :P

  • Argent chuckles

<Argent> It was an experience for sure

<Zola> But really, if that was it... well I'd have guessed you'd be a little bit more worked up about it... most folks would :P

  • Zola sips her drink

<Zola> I asked Hettie if she could still turn giant and she said no... not sure if she's figured out anything else.

<Argent> I'm not sure Hettie would even want to try or admit that she could

<Zola> Pfff, that'd be a useful skill!

<Argent> in what way that wouldn't get her more attention than she would want

  • Zola shrugs

<Argent> just saying

<Zola> Yeah, maybe.

<Argent> I just figured that Hugo probably had it the worst of us, being so old and set in his ways

  • Zola laughs

<Argent> and I still feel a little guilty about getting everyone involved

<Zola> He's not that old...

<Argent> Are you sure?

<Zola> I'd say 100% but if any man was going to lie to me about his age, it'd be Hugo:P

<Zola> And it might've been your idea, but we all decided to go on our own... and it was the right thing to do AND it worked.

<Zola> Even the Emperor thought so.

<Zola> After the fact :)

<Argent> yeah, after the fact...

<Argent> So he really isnt old enough to be your dad?

<Argent> I mean, that hair can hide the white

<Zola> Yeah, I suppose it could...

  • Zola looks at you a little oddly.

<Zola> Are you sure it's my daddy you're wondering about?

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 32 ]

<Argent> Well I hope not, that would be an interesting scandle if Hugo was your dad

<Argent> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 19 ].
  • ChanServ sets mode: +o Zola

<Zola> (You got some magic tricks to make that a little better ? :P)

<Zola> Mmhmm.

<Argent> (definitely not intersted in your dad... definitely fishing for Hugo's age)

  • Zola sighs

<Argent> (yes was definitely failed deflection of the question)

<Zola> He's old enough to have had a few accidents in his time, but I haven't heard him talk about any.

  • Zola looks pointedly at your hair.

<Zola> So if you, or someone you know, is wondering if Hugo's a candidate... well, you'd probably want to ask Mommy first, since I doubt he'd know anything about it.

<Argent> yeah I know, very similar, but that doesn't really prove anything... I had a table that came in claiming I could be thier cousin once

<Zola> Don't suppose it was a table of Silveiras? :P

<Argent> of couse, it was a Silveira table.

  • Argent sighs
  • Zola laughs
  • Zola sips her drink again... the last drops

<Zola> Well...

<Argent> The short answer is... its complicated

<Zola> That sounds about right.

<Argent> even if it was true... is there much point? He'd just deny it anyway.

<Zola> Oh, I wouldn't say that. He might be awful skeptical though.

  • Argent pauses considering

<Argent> we should go talk to him

<Zola> Did you know your mother? I could maybe see if he remembers ...

<Zola> ...or the direct route, I suppose.

<Argent> Do you mind helping me with this

<Zola> Nnnnooooo...

  • Zola seems uncertain ...

<Zola> I was thinking more "Hey do you remember a fair lass with a mane of raven tresses oh eighteen years ago?"

<Zola> Less "Hey dad"

<Zola> I'm guessing you've had a bit more time to consider this... but it'll be a complete surprise to him, I think?

<Argent> There is a complication.... and if you don't want to be involved, I understand... you've been very open with me so if you are going to help, be a familiar face, there's a few things you'll need to know.

<Zola> Well, I'd be glad to help you both as a ... moderating presence.

<Argent> good, can we go somewhere private first

<Zola> ... yes, of course.

<Zola> .oO( Wait, more private than "Hugo might be my dad?" )

<Zola> I... i need a refill first.

  • Zola skitters off to get another cherry bomb... a double.

Zola scolds Bright and then goes for a spin in his car

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you wanted to talk to Bright - where do you want to pin him down?

  • Zola will try to get him someplace where there's at least semi-private booths so she can tell her story and/or lecture :P
  • Zola doesn't think she wants to catch him at home since that might suggest things that depend heavily on how much of a jerk he is :V

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

  • Bright is happy to meet you to go out for a drink :)
  • Zola will greet him with a kiss on the cheek when she arrives.

<Bright> how are you doing?

<Zola> I'm quite well... it's good to be back to something resembling normalcy!

<Zola> You??

<Bright> Oh, you know, taking things easy, apart from my highly demanding duties of course ;)

<Zola> Yes, I'm sure thinking of ideas is terribly taxing :(

<Zola> :P

<Bright> terribly

<Bright> so, what ideas can I think of for you? ^-^

  • Zola sticks out her tongue.

<Zola> I actually have a couple things I owe you... a fantastic story, and an awkward lecture...

<Bright> Oh dear.

<Zola> Which should I use as the lead?:)

<Bright> I suppose the awkward lecture first, to get it out of the way?

<Zola> I'm sure you can guess what it is.

<Bright> You want me to play nice with Noren?

<Zola> Something like that.

<Zola> I get that Noren drew first blood.

<Zola> But you went for the jugular.

<Zola> Or am I mistaken, and you thought Noren would just laugh that off?

<Bright> I didn't realize things had gotten quite so serious between you two, I suppose.

  • Zola is also totally SMing him through this to see if he's just blowing her off at any point.
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 23 ]

<Zola> (meh)

  • Zola will use inspired
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 33 ]

<Bright> Is he very upset with me?

<Zola> (For the record, Noren gets a talk similar to this where Zola tells him he started it and that she's going to chew Bright out for being a dick:P)

<Zola> (I'm guessing he mostly just thinks Birght was being an asshole?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah)

<Zola> Well, he thinks you were being an asshole.

<Bright> Mm, that's fair.

<Zola> I know I can't make you two be bosom buddies.

<Bright> But we do both enjoy your bosom so much... ;)

<Zola> But in the future, when you trade barbs, you need to leave me out of it.

<Zola> Talk about how your car is fancier than his or something.

<Bright> ... does he even have a car?

<Zola> (Not yet?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (not yet)

<Zola> Not yet? I might get one though... I've come into a little spare cash :)

<Bright> ooh, well, if you need some advice, I'm happy to help

<Zola> I suppose you would know which have spacious back seats :P

<Bright> Among other features :)

<Zola> There are other features that catch your eye?

<Bright> Certainly, I care about performance :)

<Zola> Ah, see, you'll definitely have one to flaunt at Noren once he finally gets one :P

<Bright> Mmhmm.

<Bright> I'll try to behave myself.

  • Zola will reach out to stroke Bright's cheek
  • Bright says semi-contritely.

<Zola> I'm glad to hear that :)

<Zola> I was worried you'd be dismissive.

<Bright> Well, I don't want to ruin this campaign by sleeping with the candidate's partner or anything. That would just be stupid. ^-^

<Zola> Stupid would be telling the press.

<Zola> :P

<Bright> so you're saying we can still enjoy ourselves as long as the press don't find out about it? ;)

  • Bright plants a kiss on your hand
  • Zola nods.

<Zola> Noren understands... or at least tries to... how I view all this.

<Zola> That's what made me so cross about that jibe.

  • Bright nods

<Bright> I'll try to avoid creating further tension. Except the fun kind.

<Zola> Thank you.

<Zola> And I told him I'm not going to be picking on you for saying things when he starts it -_-

  • Bright nods

<Zola> I ... actually think maybe we'll get married?

<Bright> Aww :)

<Zola> I might even propose myself... @_@

<Bright> He's a very lucky man - I hope he knows that.

<Zola> Awww, charmer :)

<Zola> There's maybe even kids in the cards ^_^

<Zola> ... but I'll tell you more about that after the adventure...

<Bright> all right :)

  • Zola will give a rundown of her sewer & First World adventures...
  • Bright listens with interest
  • Bright has several questions, mostly about poledancing

<Zola> ...so on top of 5 big ones, I've got new plumbing @_@

<Bright> how are you feeling about that?

<Zola> Pretty good, actually :)

<Zola> It just feels like it's all fallen into place, y'know?

<Bright> Good, I'm glad then :)

<Bright> I didn't want to say congratulations in case it was weird.

<Zola> It might have been a year ago...

<Zola> Maybe someday I'll miss it?

  • Bright nods

<Bright> Well, there's ways around that... :)

<Zola> It's true... we joked about that, Noren and I, if we ever wanted kids. So really I guess we're just going to save money? :P

<Bright> How frugal of you :)

<Zola> Did you do anything fun while I was whisked away to fairy land?

<Bright> Oh, just the usual really :)

<Bright> Went to a few friendly gatherings, drove around town in my fancy car... ;)

<Zola> You'll have to show me that fancy car sometime.

<Bright> wanna go for a ride? :)

<Zola> Sure, I'd like that :)

  • Bright will take you for a spin, then ^-^

<Zola> So does Calix get to sit in the back when you drive around revving your engine? :P

<Bright> oh usually I let him ride in the passenger seat, unless I have a guest ;)

  • Zola will probably ask to try driving it at some point :P
  • Bright will let you have a go :)

<Zola> Weeee!

Hugo contacts Eletheni; the Feels ensue

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you have your sending scroll, which you can use at your leisure.

  • Hugonel will use it on his day off, at home, just in case he is shaken up by whatever he finds out.

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Hugonel> Sending to Eletheni: "In Diablotin, now I sing with your voice as you did mine: why? I seek understanding of our bond, and your nature. I miss you."

<DiablotinNarrator> Reply: Our bond remains as ever, but now you sense its truth. We call to one another across planes. I will join you if you wish.

<Hugonel> Ohhh ...

  • Hugonel sits down in his chaise longue and cries.

<Hugonel> (after a few minutes) ...

  • Hugonel sits up and begins to compose a song to be sung in two voices.

<DiablotinNarrator> (aww)

  • Hugonel will eventually go and try to find Zola.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think she's in her dressing room with Argent? ;)

<Hugonel> (ok then!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I leave that to you guys to sort out timing etc)

Zola and Argent talk about his parentage, then Hugo joins them

  • Zola will invite Argent into her dressing room for their chat.
  • Zola scoots Bastien aside and sits on her little couch and points Argent to the spare chair

<Argent> I always end up in your dressing room. People will talk.

  • Zola shrugs

<Zola> You're not the only one :P

  • Argent chuckles

<Argent> touche

<Zola> So what needs MORE discretion than possibly maybe Hugo being your father?

<Argent> Its my other side that is a little complicated

<Argent> You may not have known, or realized, but when we were in the first world, Silver, was half human.

<Argent> her other heritage was hag... they're called changelings

<Zola> I just assumed she was fey... I didn't have the greatest attention span...

<Argent> it's a similar mirror to myself, hence, likely why that form was a good fit, at least how I figure.

<Zola> Are you half-fey already? o_O

  • Argent shakes his head no

<Argent> not half fey

<Argent> as far as I know, my mother is the daughter of Emkathon, I'm half angle or celestial, or whatever you want to call it.

<Zola> ... what?

<Argent> crazy eh?

<Zola> Emkathon like from the temple?

<Argent> Like the avatar of the serpent, yeah.

<Zola> She has a daughter?

<Argent> yeah

<Argent> called Katha by some

<Argent> its her that told me that Hugonel was my father.

  • Zola SMs the shit out of you
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 24 ]

<Zola> (meh)

<Argent> It was in a dream, at a serpent party... but I'm sure it was her

<Zola> What ... did she look like?

<Argent> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Argent> (does not appear to be decieving to you)

<Zola> .oO( Right, so he's crazy or the world's crazy )

<Argent> not normal

<Argent> red hair, wings, skull faced... like I said, not normal

<Zola> Skull faced? o_O

<Zola> Red hair?

  • Zola thinks

<Argent> yeah I know

<Argent> sounds like I'm crazy

<Zola> Do you have any ... proof that you're part ...celestial?

<Argent> I suppose saying I know wont be enough.

<Zola> A lot of crazy stuff has been happening lately...

<Argent> you done with that glass?

<Zola> (Is he asking for my empty or the rest of my drink?)

<Argent> (empty)

  • Zola downs the rest and hands it over
  • Zola wonders if he's just being polite or he's going to angel it or something.
  • Argent imparts it with his light making it glow with Daylight.

<Argent> Its a little bright for this small room

<Zola> ... well, that's something, I guess.

<Zola> Of course the right caster can hide their casting :/

<Argent> (bright light 60' radius)

<Zola> (Does it look like Light?)

<Zola> Have you always been able to do that?

<Argent> (its like the Daylight spell... that would be like 3 times as bright as a regular light spell)

  • Hugonel knocks on the door.

<Argent> I found out I could do it when I was in my early teens... its not something I showcased.

<Zola> Uh... just a second

  • Zola stands up

<Zola> Who is it?

  • Argent will dismiss the daylight spell

<Hugonel> It's just me, Zola.

<Zola> Shit

<Zola> ... ... ...

<Zola> ./~ Just a miiinuuuute ./~

<Argent> this is perfect

<Zola> Perfect? o_O

<Argent> we can talk with him and have it all out in the open

<Zola> You really want to talk about it in my dressing room?

<Zola> I mean, we can, but... it's not very... homey.

<Argent> and not be an ambush, since he's the one coming here.

<Zola> I think that it still might qualify as an ambush

  • Zola goes to the door and opens it a bit.

<Zola> Sorry about that, Hugo dear.

  • Zola awkwardly opens it the rest of the way

<Hugonel> She's real, and she's alive! I talked to her!

  • Argent smiles and waves

<Zola> Eletheni!?

  • Hugonel says excitedly without context.

<Hugonel> ... oh, hello.

<Hugonel> I'm sorry, Zola, I didn't realize you were busy.

<Zola> I... it's...

<Argent> I think its good news too

<Argent> if its Eletheni your talking about

<Hugonel> Yes, it's her. I used a Sending to reach her.

<Zola> That's wonderful news!

  • Zola , torn between the two scenes, gives in to the happy one, and gives Hugo a big hug

<Zola> Is she coming to visit?

<Hugonel> She says our bond is the same as it always was, but that my, uh, change is just the proof. She says she will come if I want.

<Zola> Do you? Want to meet her?

<Argent> ah the life of a plane-hopping celestial, must be nice at times.

<Hugonel> I ... yes, of course! I suppose I'm nervous about what exactly that would mean.

  • Zola is excited by that!

<Zola> I'm so glad!

<Zola> I'm glad that you're not upset, and I'm glad for me too, because I want to give her a big hug!

<Hugonel> I'm not sure what the protocol is, but ... I'm sure she would be happy to get to know you in this form ... wouldn't she?

<Zola> I invited her to the club!

<Zola> I think she'll still want to visit even though she is no longer in existential terror

<Hugonel> Well, then ... we can both perform for her.

<Zola> That'd be nice.

<Zola> Do you remember if she can change her shape? It might be a little ... conspicuous.

<Argent> she may... just may stand out a bit... not that I dont' want her to visit

<Zola> We'll work it out.

  • Zola hugs Hugo again.

<Zola> (More calmly :P)

<Hugonel> I don't think she can.

<Argent> always ways of working things out, I'm sure, like Zola said.

<Argent> even if it was a private performance

  • Zola nods

<Zola> .oO( Why don't we plan that all out right now hahahahahahahaha @_@ )

<Zola> ... excuse us a moment, Argent.

<Argent> sure

  • Zola pushes Hugo backwards out the door and shuts it behind her
  • Zola leaves Argent shut in her room

<Zola> So...

<Hugonel> ... what is it?

  • Argent goes and listens at the door

<Zola> There's something going on, and it's pretty crazy... and... with all this stuff with Eletheni, I'm just not sure you want to get into it right now?

<Hugonel> What are you talking about? Is something wrong? This can wait, if you're in some trouble.

<Zola> No, it's not about me...

<Hugonel> Don't be cryptic, Zola. What's going on?

<Zola> Argent has something to talk to you about.

<Hugonel> Argent does?

  • Hugonel asks incredulously

<Zola> ...yes, that's what we were talking about.

<Zola> It's just ... a little overwhelming, and I thought maybe now was a bad time... and so I thought maybe I could... postpone it... I don't know.

  • Zola flails a hand

<Zola> I've blown that, I imagine. Should we just go back in?

<Hugonel> Since I wasn't keeping my voice down, he's probably heard me, so yes, I think so.

  • Hugonel sounds miffed.
  • Zola turns around and opens the door again
  • Argent will have moved away from the door

<Zola> You might want to have a seat.

  • Hugonel sits.
  • Zola stands next to Hugo

<Hugonel> Argent? Zola says you're having some sort of problem?

  • Zola shakes her head a little at that <_<

<Argent> well, I recieved some surprising information and I'm just trying to work out the validity

<Hugonel> All right ...

<Argent> and I didn't intend to exactly put you on the spot like this, but I'm not sure how else to bring it up

<Argent> you've run into fey and such recently, but did you ever run into something unusual in the past?

<Hugonel> What do you mean? 'Unusual'?

<Argent> not human

<Zola> He's going to shoot us both if you beat around the bush like I did in the hall -_-

<Argent> fine... have you ever seen or met or interacted with a woman with red hair, wings, and a skull face?

<Zola> Well she probably didn't have a skull face at the time -_-

  • Hugonel pauses, and then looks at Zola, then back at Argent.
  • Zola eyes Hugo

<Hugonel> Who have you been talking to?

  • Zola looks up at Argent in surprise.

<Zola> So you know her?

<Zola> Uh, her name... Katha?

<Hugonel> That's ... not quite right. I may have known her, once, many years ago, but my memory of that time is vague.

<Hugonel> Yes, Katha. Or that is what ... I have been told.

<Hugonel> I don't have any direct memory of that either.

<Zola> .oO( Oh my gods )

<Argent> how long ago was this?

  • Zola sets her hand on Hugo's shoulder

<Hugonel> Almost twenty years ago. I was just a boy.

<Argent> What do you remember? What happened?

  • Zola gives Argent a questioning look

<Hugonel> I don't directly remember anything. I had a vision, rather, which I have reason to believe was of an encounter I had with her.

<Hugonel> Sirris helped me to understand these as real memories, and my Uncle Loick gave her a name: Katha.

<Argent> an encounter?

<Argent> like a conversation?

<Hugonel> As I say, it's not really detailed. But, something more than that, I think.

  • Argent sits down

<Argent> I had a dream, or a vision, I'm not sure... in it I found Katha.

<Argent> I'd been looking for information on her for a while

<Argent> and she know I had been looking for her

<Argent> I was helping Denise and Hettie out with something in the sewers.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Argent> we encountered a ghost, he was guarding Emkathon's tomb, or what was left of it... it was just a big hole and a small alter

<Argent> the ghost recognized me, referred to Emkathon as my grandmother.

<Argent> which is why I was searching for Katha

<Hugonel> Your grandmother ... how odd.

<Hugonel> Wait, Katha is your mother?

<Argent> Katha is Emkathon's daughter

<Argent> and as far as I know, my mother

<Hugonel> Who raised you?

<Argent> I was raised in an orphanage

<Argent> in the shambles

  • Hugonel sits pensively.

<Argent> Katha said that you were my father... and what you describe fits the timeline.

<Hugonel> ... how old are you?

<Argent> I'm almost 19

<Hugonel> It doesn't make any sense.

<Zola> No?

<Hugonel> Why would such a powerful entity abandon a child to poverty?

<Argent> good question? I never exactly had an opportunity to broach the subject.

<Zola> Perhaps ... over time she has distanced herself from what it means to be from this plane?

<Zola> Or she's a bitch.

<Argent> I'm sure being thousands of years old doesnt help either

<Argent> Hey I didn't ask for this but it is what it is

<Hugonel> But if that's true, what does that make you?

<Argent> I'm half celestial, as far as I know... called an aasimar

  • Zola looks Argent over

<Argent> and that would also make you my father

<Argent> explains the hair I guess

<Hugonel> I always assumed you were some sort of relation, but you must understand that I have a *lot* of cousins and they are ... active. I didn't bring it up because, frankly, if I introduced myself to every Silveira byblow out there, well, I wouldn't have time to get any work done.

<Argent> I've never had a parents all my life, and I'm not expecting anything from you. I just wanted to know where I came from

<Hugonel> Not out for a share of my 5000 imperials, then? That's good to know.

<Argent> well I could get my place spruced up... or find a nicer appartment, if you're offering.

<Hugonel> Well, for the record, I don't think "A ghostly vision said you were my dad" will hold up to the standard of proof of Imperial civil law.

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> I'd appreciate if you kept my other half of my heritage to yourself... its not a kind world out there for people who are different

<Zola> Of course.

<Hugonel> Just for the record, I'm planning on keeping both halves of your heritage to myself. I'm already looked down upon by my cousins quite enough, thank you very much. But ... for what it's worth, uh, I'm glad that you're apparently my firstborn.

<Argent> Thanks, I appreciate that.

<Argent> You handle yourself well for an old man too

  • Argent will leave on that note

<Hugonel> Void and shadow, I'm only thirty-six, you young whippersnapper!

<Zola> >_>

<Zola> I'm sorry I couldn't think of a better way to go about that :/

<Zola> I'm sure any other way would have been better...

Hettie and Denise bring the Scary Deck of Many Things to Silvia

<DiablotinNarrator> meanwhile, Hettie and Denise, you have a delivery to make :)

<Denise> :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You've arranged a time to bring the deck to Channel Silvia's house. Denise, you've asked to borrow Ander's car, and also Ralf I think?

  • Denise wants to make sure it is expected... and is borrowing Ander's car

<Denise> (yes - I assume it is me and Hettie and Nycki?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yup, that's fine

<DiablotinNarrator> Any other preparations you're making that I should know about?

<Hettienne> (well obviously Ander knows we're going, so i guess 'if we're missing get someone to send help' is covered)

<Denise> (I dunno... buffs form the boss just in case? :V)

<Denise> (yeah)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Denise> (I can run him over to the cellar too :p

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> what time of day is it?

<Denise> (Afternoon?)

  • Ralf has a shop to run these days, but he can take a bit of time off and leave Swynny in charge ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Who is driving?

<Denise> (me or Ralf probably?)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Denise> (whose the better driver?)

<DiablotinNarrator> uhh good question?

<DiablotinNarrator> let's say you :)

<Denise> (okay :)

<Denise> (Denise has some points in it at least.)

<Denise> (Hettie can ride shotgun ^-^)

<Hettienne> woo!

<DiablotinNarrator> Ralf and Nycki can squish awkwardly in the back seat? ;)

<Denise> (They're both small >.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> you know

<DiablotinNarrator> they would be extra small

<DiablotinNarrator> if they were in ratte form ;)

<Denise> hee

  • Denise isn't sure if they trust my driving that much :V

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> they'll stay human for now

<DiablotinNarrator> All right, Denise, you're driving from Ander's place across the river to Silvia's. It's mid-afternoon, so there is some traffic. As you're driving, you think you notice a car is following you. I mean, it could just be another car that is going across to the Grand for some reason...

  • Denise frowns

<Denise> See that car behind us?

  • Denise will describe it

<Hettienne> Yeah...?

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a black car, you can sort of make out that there are two people in it.

<Denise> I thikn it's followin' us.

<Hettienne> Hrm. :|

<Hettienne> Can you shake 'im?

<Denise> shoud I try an lose it r just keep goin'?

<Denise> I'll try...

<Nycki> Take a couple turns an' see if it follows, yeah.

  • Denise will see if she can dodge it

<Denise> (following Nycki's advice)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a driving check :)

  • Denise takes a few sharp turns

<Denise> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 27 ].

<Denise> (:D)

<Denise> I been practicin', just in case :3

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Denise, you take a couple of sharp turns and you don't see the car tailing you anymore. Maybe you lost them, or maybe it was nothing...

<Hettienne> Good girl.

  • Denise will get back on course towards Sylvia's place
  • Denise will take a less direct route if she can - once we're across the bridge, anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can do that

<DiablotinNarrator> After a few more twists and turns, you pull up at Silvia's house.

<Denise> (who actually hs the deck in its box?)

<Hettienne> (either me or Nycki I guess)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's up to you guys)

<Denise> (yeah)

<Hettienne> (maybe she would want to be the one carrying it)

  • Denise will get out first then
  • Nycki can carry the box, sure
  • Denise is slightly paranoid about this thing
  • Hettienne gets out and scans the area with her hand on her piece,
  • Hettienne too

<Denise> come on, lets get inside

  • Hettienne nods.
  • Denise ushers folks towards the door, and will ring
  • Nycki follows, with Ralf staying back to keep an eye on the car and the front of the house
  • Hettienne keeps a sharp eye out while we wait

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, as you're standing on the doorstep, a scruffy old grey cat winds its way against your ankles, walking down the path

<Denise> ummm....

<Denise> outta the way kitty... this aint' a great time >_<

  • Silvia answers the door.

<Silvia> Good afternoon, please come in.

  • Denise looks up from the kitty

<Denise> oh, good, thanks :3

  • Denise wil let Nycki and Hettie in
  • Silvia eyes the cat as well, and almost grudgingly lets it into the house too.
  • Hettienne waits until Denise and Nycki get inside before coming in.

<Hettienne> That your cat?

  • Hettienne asks suspiciously

<Silvia> No, but I know her.

<Hettienne> Alright.

  • Hettienne relaxes slightly.

<Nycki> We doin' this, then?

<Denise> unhuh

<Silvia> Certainly, whenever you're ready to make the exchange.

  • Nycki takes the box out carefully.

<Nycki> I hope you'll know what to do with this.

<Denise> That's what Aubrienne said - the 'Clouded seer' would knwo what to do :3

<Denise> somethin' like that, anyway

<Silvia> Mm.

<DiablotinNarrator> The cat jumps up onto the sofa and sits watching you.

<DiablotinNarrator> It has a white, filmy eye, but the other is clear and sharp.

<Hettienne> Uh, hi cat.

  • Silvia sighs

<Silvia> She is a ... colleague of mine.

<Denise> is she another channel? :o

<Silvia> Yes.

<Denise> oh, okay...

<Hettienne> Oh. Okay then.

<Hettienne> Good, I guess...?

<Silvia> Raina, are you here for a reason?

<Denise> SHe's kida cloudy too I guess.... why is magic so confusing :p

  • Silvia asks the cat

<DiablotinNarrator> The cat replies "mew"

<Silvia> -_-

<Silvia> Do you want to discuss this like human beings, or shall I just go ahead with this?

  • Raina shifts into her human form, being a rather disheveled old woman with one clouded eye.
  • Denise blinks, a bit surprised by the transformaion still
  • Nycki frowns, holding the box more tightly

<Nycki> We thought it was gonna be just you.

  • Nycki says to Silvia

<Silvia> I apologize for the confusion.

<Silvia> I wasn't aware she would feel the need to attend.

<Raina> Oh, like I would miss this :D

<Denise> what 'this'?

<Hettienne> YEah... what's goin' on here?

  • Denise says, perparng to advise her opinion about old women who can turn into scruffy cats

<Raina> The cards of the seers. They've been lost for a long time, but they've returned now, at this turning point.

<Hettienne> What turning point?

<Hettienne> I thought all the fey stuff was over an' done.

<Raina> This is a turning point for our people.

<Hettienne> Oh.

<Raina> The cards belong to us, and they show us the way forward from here.

<Hettienne> Because of... the wastelord?

  • Raina smiles, showing some missing teeth

<Hettienne> Wait you're gonna USE them?!

<Raina> The Wastelord, yes...

<Silvia> Raina, be cautious. These are a power artifact, and we are not going to just turn them into a divination tool.

<Denise> they're dangerous @_@

<Hettienne> Yeah, are you crazy, lady?!

<Silvia> don't ask... -_-

  • Raina just chuckles

<Denise> ....

  • Hettienne begins to regret her life choices

<Silvia> Raina, I do not often stand up to you, but today I am. To use these cards would be an unacceptable risk.

<Silvia> I will take them, and keep them safe.

<Hettienne> Maybe they *were* better off where we had 'em >.>

<Hettienne> Can you keep them safe from her?

  • Hettienne jerks her head towards Raina

<Hettienne> An' her... cat powers?

<Silvia> our powers are evenly matched. And I have the advantage of being sane.

  • Denise mutters, "Can anyone?" >.>

<Denise> like, if we put them back is she just gonna take them anyway if she wants them? -_-

<Raina> They can tell us the course of our future... our people... protect the Wastelord...

<Denise> how :p

<Denise> I thought they just messed up stuff for whoever used them.

<Raina> There are already those who would try to control him - or end his reign.

<Denise> yeah, I know that

<Denise> but I don't see how those ar gonna help.

<Raina> To those who can read them, the cards can show a path

<Silvia> Yes, but while you're reading them, who knows what else you would be unleashing? drawing 9 cards is madness!

<Denise> yeah @_@

<Silvia> I'm not going to allow it.

<Raina> You'll reconsider, when the time comes...

  • Raina shifts back into her cat form and wanders off.
  • Silvia frowns

<Silvia> I apologize for that.

<Denise> ...is she rihgt though?

  • Denise asks, uncertain but thinking of Ander

<Hettienne> Denise no :|

<Hettienne> She's cuckoo is what she is

<Denise> so's everythin', these days

<Denise> I didn't say t let her have them

<Denise> I just asked.... anyway.

<Silvia> She could be speaking from a place of madness, or vision, or both. I'm afraid the blessings of Rat are sometimes mixed. As perhaps in this instance.

  • Silvia says nodding towards the cards.

<Denise> :|

<Hettienne> Ugh let's get this over with. -_-

<Denise> yeah

<Silvia> I promise I will hold up my end of the bargain, and keep the cards safe.

  • Hettienne looks to Nycki.

<Nycki> ... all right.

  • Nycki hands them over, only slightly reluctantly

<Silvia> Thank you.

  • Silvia puts the box carefully into a bag, and closes it.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> jus be careful.... I think someone was followi'n us on the way here

<Denise> Tryin', anyway

<Silvia> I'll take precautions to make sure it's stored safely.

  • Denise will describe the car

<Denise> okay\

<Silvia> You be careful as well.

<Denise> we will!

  • Hettienne lingers behind the others for a bit as they start to leave...
  • Denise will head bac out then, to drive people back

<Hettienne> Say... you don't know anything about this phantom rat character, do you?

  • Hettienne asks Silvia
  • Silvia blinks slightly, surprised

<Silvia> I've heard stories, the same as everyone else. Why do you ask?

<Hettienne> Oh I dunno, just 'cause you're a seer.... I thought you might've, uh, seen somethin'.

<Hettienne> (sm tho)

<Silvia> I think that, whoever he is, he's brave - and very foolish.

<Hettienne> Maybe, I guess.

<Hettienne> Well, thanks.

  • Silvia nods, and bids you farewell
  • Denise will take folks home, hen, keeping an eye out for that car

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you make it home without further incident.

<Denise> (keen)

  • Denise will want to talk to Ander later thygh - she did say she would tell hi about the Thing >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> wow I actually ended a little early for once, it's amazing

<Denise> :D

Solos

Denise faces the Wrath of Ander, alone

  • Denise will swing by the cellar after dropping folks off to let Ander know everything is done :3
  • Ander is having a drink

<Denise> hey boss

  • Denise will order something and come sit with him

<Ander> how'd things go?

<Denise> welll... we handed it off, anyway

<Denise> I think prolly it'll be okay

  • Ander gives you a look

<Ander> prolly?

<Denise> (where are we and who's around?)

<Denise> (booth or bar, I mean)

<Ander> (booth - there are a few other people around at the bar)

<Denise> well...

<Denise> I mean, it shoudl be okay, but someone turned up who we weren't expectin' an' she said some stuff is all >.>

  • Denise fidgets
  • Ander frowns

<Ander> what sorta someone?

  • Ander wonders if somehow the Corriveaux are fucking this up too :p

<Denise> prolly I shoud tell you what it was thouh, now that you ain't got it, so you can see why the Vjestaci wanted it so bad...

<Denise> some crazy old channel lady

<Ander> okay...

  • Ander looks sort of puzzled and wary

<Denise> you heard of harrow decks, right?

<Ander> sure, yeah

<Ander> hadta learn to use one, but I was never real great at it

<Denise> this was a special old magic one that could change fate an stuff, I guess, dependin' on what card you draw @_@

<Ander> ...

<Denise> We found it in the undercity

<Ander> an' you took it... an' put it in my flat.

  • Ander says, as calmly and evenly as possible.
  • Denise looks a little guilty

<Denise> I tould you it were important an dangerous an', like, it weren't supposed to be that long :/

<Denise> we just had to find, liek, a more better spot

<Ander> yeah, but.. what the fuck, Denise?!

<Ander> That ain't okay.

  • Ander keeps his voice low, so he isn't shouting for the whole bar to hear, but he's upset.

<Denise> I... well... the whole thing weren't okay, but there weren't anyone else to trust with it, was there?

<Ander> You shoulda told me what it was.

  • Denise is too, not really used to getting in trouble ;_;

<Denise> I couldn't, boss, I'm real sorry...

  • Ander takes a drink, trying to keep himself from freaking out more

<Denise> ...plus...you got enough to worry about

  • Ander winds up finishing that one off and calls for another one.

<Ander> Stuff like that - powerful magic shit - it's got a way of ...makin' trouble.

  • Ander says once he's got his refill

<Ander> I mean, it coulda been worse, how you handled it, but still. I think I had a right to know what was sittin' in my safe.

  • Ander says a bit grudgingly

<Denise> :(

<Denise> well.... I told you now. It really weren't supposed to be that long :(

  • Ander sighs

<Denise> we had to figure out what to do with it to keep it safe from folks who wanted to use it

<Ander> How'd you manage to get into so much crazy shit, huh?

<Denise> welll... this one was Nycki's fault really >.>

<Denise> she heard about the treasure an where it was

  • Ander takes another swallow of his drink

<Ander> figures

<Ander> so what was the thing that happened today that got you worried?

<Denise> we took it to channel Sylvia, 'cause she said she's keep it safe without wantin' to use it

<Ander> okay...

<Denise> an this other channel showed up - Raina?

<Denise> and she was sayin' we *should* use in and were *supposed* to use it....

  • Denise drops her voice more

<Denise> ...

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> to help the wastelord

<Ander> ...

  • Ander finishes this drink too

<Ander> help the wastelord how?

<Denise> so, like, don't you talk to *me* about gettin' mixed up in crazy stuff >.>

<Denise> i don't know, and I aint; sure if she did either. I guess by doin' a readin' of some kind

<Ander> Aubrienne was sayin' all the harrow decks were givin' the same readin' on that...

<Ander> ugh.

<Ander> I'm gonna haveta talk to Janelle about this.

  • Ander says, sort of resigned/rueful.

<Ander> cause I sure as shit don't know what it's all about.

<Denise> I duno if anyone does

<Denise> but that's what they wre lookin' for, tryin' to scry an such, I guess

  • Ander nods

<Denise> but like... we didn't think they out to have it >.>

<Ander> no...

<Ander> you were right on that, I think

<Ander> did Nycki *know* what it was when she went lookin'?

<Denise> that's why we had to leave it with someone we coudl trust while we sorted it out, see?

<Denise> an no, I don't figure she did.

<Denise> she weren't super impressed it weren't somethin' more useful

<Denise> well

<Denise> YOu know what i mean

<Denise> it ain't like findin' a magic... pin, or a magic gun, or nothin'

<Ander> uh huh...

  • Ander sighs again

<Ander> I feel like I oughta be mad at someone, but I ain't quite sure who.

<Denise> I don't know - nothin' makes no sense these days :/

<Denise> . o O (Just don't me mad at me please please please ;_;)

<Ander> :/

<Ander> I wish you'd told me, Dee. I get what you were tryin' to do, but it's hard to figure how you trust me to hold onto it, but not to know what it is.

<Ander> I ain't mad at you. Just disappointed.

<Denise> its the only way other folks would agree

  • Ander nods

<Ander> I know it weren't just you in on this

<Denise> they ain't folkd I could lie to even if I tried :(

<Ander> :/

<Ander> yeah... you got an honest streak. I can't blame you for that.

<Denise> I ain't a great liar  :/

<Denise> got too many tells

<Denise> I'm sorry boss

  • Ander nods

<Denise> I knew I coulda told you

<Denise> it ain't that

<Denise> Just... they said no... an plus... I dunno, I thought it would be safer, I guess. For you. Maybe that don't make no sense.

  • Ander comes around the table and puts an arm around you.

<Ander> Always lookin' out for me, huh?

<Denise> well.. I try, anyway

<Denise> I ain't even sure how to do that these days :(

  • Denise leans on you

<Denise> or anyone else, mostly

<Ander> we're all just doin' what we can

<Ander> I'm glad I got folks like you on my side.

<Denise> me too, boss

  • Ander hugs you
  • Denise hugs back :3