Diablotin 3 session 40

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 40 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: September 11, 2016
Diablotin date: End of Fifth-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is the end of Fifth Month, and the weather is basically back to a seasonally normal temperature, although there are concerns that the unnaturally long winter will have affected crops, as they are being sown late.

<DiablotinNarrator> People are gradually being allowed back into the Shade - the damage there is extensive and will need repair, but as areas are deemed to be safe enough for habitation, people are permitted to return to their homes.

<DiablotinNarrator> The strange grove of trees remains, carefully guarded to prevent unwary folks from getting too close.

<DiablotinNarrator> (guarded by the military, I should add - not city guards)

Lathra returns home and goes on a date with Leiris

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you're one of the lucky ones who is able to return home and see how your place has fared.

<Lathra> (Woo!... ooo...)

<DiablotinNarrator> Aside from some debris and cosmetic damage to the outside, it seems fine, if perhaps suffering the effects of not having been lived in for a while.

<DiablotinNarrator> There is also, you find on arriving, a note that has been slipped under your door

  • Lathra is relieved despite the indifference she felt on the way over, and reaches curiously for the note

<DiablotinNarrator> It says "Lathra, I hope you're all right. I know you made it back safely, at least - I heard about it from Xan. I'd like to see you when you have time. - Leiris."

<Lathra> . o O (Woohoo!)

  • Lathra fishes a bottle out from behind a dessicated houseplant and has a celebratory swig

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<Lathra> . o O (I should probably tidy up a bit...)

  • Lathra goes to see whether any nice outfits have survived instead

<DiablotinNarrator> Your nice outfits are unscathed.

<Lathra> (Are we during working hours? Would Xan's shop be open at this time of day?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (let's say it's mid-afternoon, so probably yes, he'd be open for business.)

  • Lathra picks something playful that's almost suitable for cycling, sighs at the state of the floors and cycles over to Xan's
  • Leiris is at his desk in the front office, and doesn't quite glance up when you come in, being absorbed in a book.

<Leiris> Good afternoon, how can I help... oh :o

  • Lathra looks at some picture on the wall

<Lathra> Hello sir, I have a dreadful problem I was hoping you could help me with

<Leiris> Oh, really?

<Lathra> Why yes, really!

  • Lathra says earnestly, taking a chair

<Leiris> Well of course I'd be happy to help however I can.

<Lathra> It's terribly tragic, you see - I find myself quite without a companion for dinner and drinks tonight. I was hoping that your establishment might be able to research a date for me?

<Leiris> Oh! certainly, I think we could help with that. I mean... I could. Xan probably isn't needed ;)

<Lathra> Oh my, is my terrible problem really too trivial to bother him with?

  • Lathra wink!

<Leiris> Well, if we brought him, then we'd have to bring Justen as well, and then it's more of a party and less of a date :)

<Leiris> I don't know if you'd be interested, but as I came into a bit of a bonus lately, we could check out Oracle's in the Grand.

<Lathra> It sounds like you're already on the trail! I'll leave you to work, you contact me when you've found the solution.

<Leiris> Are you free tonight? I could pick you up around 8.

  • Lathra sweeps out the door and flashes Lieris a little smile as it closes behind her

<Leiris> ... I'll take that as a yes.

  • Lathra heads back to her bicycle and fishes out a jacket from the saddlebag
  • Leiris will knock on your door promptly at 8
  • Lathra has swept the entryway, and cracks the door open to answer

<Lathra> Oh, sir! Did you have any success resolving my problem?

  • Leiris wears a very nice suit and holds some flowers for you

<Leiris> Well, I've been working very hard on the case.

  • Leiris offers you the bouquet.

<Lathra> I'm very excited to see the results!

  • Leiris smiles
  • Lathra tips out one of the dead houseplants on to the unswept floor around the corner and deposits the bouquet

<Lathra> Well you simply must take me to your research immediately!

  • Lathra takes his arm and sweeps him out the door

<Leiris> If you'd care to join me, I'd be glad to demonstrate ... oh, well, yes, okay :)

  • Leiris is swept
  • Leiris takes you to Oracle's, as promised.

<DiablotinNarrator> Oracle's is a casino in the Grand, a magnificent building that gleams with polished wood and bright lights. Its windows are hung with red velvet draperies and what you can only assume are expensive paintings decorate the walls.

<DiablotinNarrator> The doorman seems to know Leiris, and lets him in with a polite nod.

<DiablotinNarrator> Inside the crowd is very well-dressed, and presumably very rich. There is background music, somewhat drowned out by the chatter of voices and the rattle of roulette wheels and dice, the cries of excitement or disappointment depending on how they fall.

<DiablotinNarrator> There is also, you can't help noticing, a very well-stocked bar.

<Lathra> This place certainly looks like it fits the bill!

<Leiris> It's a fun treat once in a while. And uh... I can't really go back to the Chance House, so.

  • Lathra tries obviously to restrain herself, and fails
  • Leiris will guide us through the crowds to get drinks ;)

<Leiris> I think they might break my kneecaps if I do.

<Lathra> No, I can't help it, what happened at the chance house?

<Leiris> Weeelll. I'm a fairly decent card player. Better than they'd expected.

<Leiris> ... I cleaned them out one night.

<Leiris> Then there were some uncomfortable conversations with their manager.

<Lathra> Well now that's a feat!

<Lathra> So now you're banned for being good at cards? That hardly seems fair.

<Leiris> Uhh technically I might be banned for telling the manager he could kiss my ass.

<Leiris> It's a bit of a blur.

<Lathra> Ahahaha, how delightful!

<Lathra> What I'm hearing is that it's past time we played some cards

<Leiris> That would be lovely :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can find a table with a couple of free spaces for you and Leiris to play cards. He is indeed very good, although he seems to be not trying to win tooooo hard.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you're enjoying your drink and game, you spot a familiar face in the crowd - there aren't many other Shadar-kai here, so Jed rather stands out. He's there with a short human woman in a hat and dark glasses.

  • Lathra waves to him
  • Jedrezej wanders over with his date (?) to say hello

<Jedrezej> Hi Lathra, having fun?

<Lathra> I certainly am!

  • Lathra offers her glass for clinking
  • Jedrezej will clink
  • Jedrezej 's date smiles as well and despite her efforts at disguise you recognize Princess Vera.

<Lathra> You must know my good friend and date tonight Lieris, the renowned researcher?

<Jedrezej> Pleased to meet you!

<Leiris> Likewise.

<Vera> We were just heading to one of the private rooms - would you like to join us?

<Vera> With four we could play some better games :)

<Lathra> Oh, I don't know... do they have drinks?

<Jedrezej> They have so many drinks @_@

<Lathra> Then we're in!

<Leiris> Excellent - I've never gotten to see the private gaming rooms here.

<Vera> Well, I have some connections with the owners...

  • Lathra wink wink

<DiablotinNarrator> As it turns out, the private rooms are extremely comfortable, and have a running supply of refreshments for your enjoyment.

<DiablotinNarrator> (but we should probably move on :)

Dorien pays off Lhyphena's debt

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, with your newfound monies, you could theoretically pay off Misery's mother's debt, and still have at least some left over for your own purposes. Or you could do something else, it's up to you :)

<Dorien> (Oh, I thought her debt was significantly more than I got?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, I looked up in the logs and it was 5000, and I assume it's been at least somewhat paid down, between her efforts and your's and Misery's repayment plan deal)

<Dorien> (Oooooh, ok. Then yeah, definitely pay that off first thing. Then start working on finding a cheap office to start my business.)

<Dorien> (Once I save up enough)

  • Lhyphena has been staying with you, although hopefully she'll be able to return to the Shade soon and stop cramping your style ;)

<Dorien> (Heh)

<DiablotinNarrator> (so how will you break the news to her? ;)

  • Dorien will take them both out to dinner and surprise them with the news there :)

<Dorien> (Somewhere decently nice after everything we've all been through.)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you can take them to a nice restaurant :)

  • Misery is mildly suspicious
  • Dorien holds the door open for them.
  • Misery goes in, looking around.

<Misery> Well I guess it's okay.

<Dorien> I'm glad you approve ;)

<Lhyphena> It looks very nice.

  • Lhyphena says politely.
  • Misery is happy with the complimentary breadsticks anyway ;)

<Dorien> I thought you two deserved a decent meal. I'm sure what the baracks food wasn't great.

<Misery> It was awful. I never want to see another lentil or bean.

<Dorien> Well, I can't promise that, but there's one thing I can promise you'll never see again.

<Misery> What?

<Dorien> Tilkiira or her organization.

  • Dorien will pull out the check and put it down on the table.

<Misery> Well I might still have to see her, since she's boning my father but... what's that?

  • Misery picks it up to have a look at it, and her eyes widen

<Dorien> A thank you. From the government for services rendered.

<Misery> Fuck :o I mean, uh, wow.

<Dorien> Yeah. That's basically what I said.

<Misery> This would be enough to pay off everything. But... you can't use your money on that.

<Dorien> I can use it on whatever I want.

<Misery> It's your money, though. You could use it to start up a business, like you wanted. Or ... on hookers and drugs, I don't know. It's for you :p

<Dorien> I can make all the drugs I'd ever want, and hookers are overrated. I've got something better.

<Lhyphena> Dorien, it's very generous of you. ... What are you expecting in return?

  • Lhyphena asks cautiously

<Dorien> And the business...

<Dorien> That'll happen.

<Dorien> One way or the other.

<Dorien> Nothing. I'm buying the two of you freedom, not transferring your lease.

<Dorien> You don't owe me anything.

<Lhyphena> I could never repay you.

<Dorien> You don't have to.

<Dorien> This is something I need to do.

  • Misery leans over and hugs you.

<Dorien> Misery, if you decide you want nothing to do with me after tonight, then I would still want you to have this.

<Misery><w> you're so getting laid tonight

<Dorien> Though I would be pretty broken up about it, I'm not gonna lie

<Dorien> :)

  • Dorien will hug her back, hard.

<Lhyphena> ... Thank you. I don't know what else to say, but ...

<Dorien> Just promise me one thing.

<Dorien> Don't ever go to a loanshark again.

<Lhyphena> I won't.

<Dorien> :)

  • Misery orders a ridiculously large steak.
  • Dorien will order a bottle of wine and toast to a new beginning

<DiablotinNarrator> Then the next day, I'll assume you can take the note to a bank and get the necessary amount to pay off the balance of the debt. It will leave you with, say, 800 GP, which is still a nice amount to allow you to pay rent on some office space and buy equipment.

<Dorien> (Yay!)

<Dorien> (That night I will take Misery home and show her some of the things I can do with my new "talent")

<DiablotinNarrator> (hahah)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'm sure she's very impressed ;)

<Dorien> ::3

Aubrienne learns a little something about the Wastelord

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you're obviously quite busy lately with caring for a new baby :3 Hyacinth is very cute, but does require a lot of work. Fortunately Tits and Gabby don't mind helping out, so between all three of you, you're able to still manage to get sleep and go to work and so on.

<Aubrienne> (Heh, Three Women and a Baby. We're our own sitcom.)

  • Aubrienne will be sure to thank them both for their help and patience (though obviously Tits moreso ;))

<DiablotinNarrator> One day, your aunt Svara comes to pay you a visit.

  • Misery is now known as Svara
  • Svara is really there for the baby, though, let's be honest

<Aubrienne> Aunt Svara! Hi, come on in. :)

  • Aubrienne hugs her and shows her in.

<Svara> How are you and the little one doing? :)

<Aubrienne> (I'm assuming Hyacinth is still perfectly fine? Nothing unusual?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup, so far normal baby things)

<Aubrienne> Well enough. Babies aren't terribly respectful of things like sleep schedules, but we're managing. :)

  • Svara chuckles

<Svara> Well, let me hold her for a while and give you a break :3

  • Aubrienne smiles at that and hands her over.

<Aubrienne> How are you doing? I haven't had time to catch up with family goings-on as much as I'd like.

<Svara> I'm all right.

  • Svara can give you some family gossip about how cousins and in-laws and so forth are doing.
  • Aubrienne will listen and comment accordingly :)

<Svara> I did have some more serious matters to talk to you about though, if you have time.

<Aubrienne> I'm not currently occupied, no.

<Svara> All right.

<Aubrienne> What can I help you with?

<Svara> This might seem like an odd question, but can you do a Harrow reading for me?

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry?

  • Svara is perfectly skilled at reading the Harrow, so it is a bit odd for her to ask you

<Aubrienne> I mean, of course I can, but, I mean...why not do one yourself?

<Svara> I'll explain after.

<Aubrienne> All...right. o.O

  • Aubrienne goes to retrieve her heirloom deck.

<Aubrienne> What's the question?

<Svara> The question is, who is the Wastelord?

<Aubrienne> o.O

<Aubrienne> Okay...

  • Aubrienne casts Harrowing

<Aubrienne> (Did you want me to do a spread, or is that not necessary?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I have a spread for you ;)

<Aubrienne> (Coolio :))

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - and I hope I'm doing this right :p

<DiablotinNarrator> First row: The Survivor, The Wanderer, The Empty Throne

<DiablotinNarrator> Second row: The Vision, The Midwife, The Hidden Truth

<DiablotinNarrator> Third row: The Tangled Briar, The Snakebite, The Big Sky

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's not actually urgent for you to interpret them, although of course you can if you want! I don't want to put you on the spot too much though :)

<Aubrienne> (Okay :) I totally want to, but it'd take me a while)

  • Svara looks ... worried/resigned at the spread of cards you laid out.

<Aubrienne> Well, that's certainly interesting.

<Aubrienne> Can I know what this is about now?

<Svara> All right... now look at this. It gets more interesting.

<Svara> Here, I need to hand you the baby for a minute.

  • Svara passes Hyacinth to you carefully, trying not to wake her.
  • Aubrienne takes Hyacinth equally carefully, but is very interested in what's going on
  • Svara draws out her own deck of Harrow cards, which are newer than yours, printed on paper instead of leather.

<Svara> My question: who is the Wastelord?

  • Svara then proceeds to draw the exact same spread you just did, laying it out on the table beside your cards.

<Aubrienne> Huh

<Aubrienne> Odd, but not completely out of the question, I guess.

<Aubrienne> Is something going on with, uh, Rat?

<Svara> It's happened to half a dozen different Harrow readers that I know of. Same reading, over and over. Sometimes the cards come in a different order, but it's always the same nine.

<Aubrienne> Why the interest in the Wastelord? That's kind of...historical now, isn't it?

<Svara> That's a good question.

<Svara> The Vjestaci continue to ... take an interest, let's say, in that Harrow deck you found.

<Aubrienne> I'll trust their judgement, but I still think it's best to leave it alone.

<Svara> In their efforts to learn more about it, they've sought advice in divinations.

<Svara> More specifically - they want to know who has it right now. The answer they got back was 'The Wastelord.'

<Svara> As you can imagine, that was a puzzler.

<Aubrienne> Wait, what?

<Aubrienne> It said 'The Wastelord' has it?

<Svara> That's my understanding, yes.

<Aubrienne> Is that maybe something we need to interpret? Like, the Wastelord has it because the Rats have it?

<Svara> I don't know. I'm not sure anyone knows. We're trying to figure it out - if it refers to a specific person.

<Svara> But I assume you might already know - since you know who has the deck.

<Aubrienne> I do...

  • Svara says gently but a bit pointedly, perhaps.

<Aubrienne> But I'm still not prepared to disclose their identity.

<Svara> I understand.

<Svara> But if they're a friend of yours, you might want to consider warning them about this.

<Aubrienne> I will, however, be looking into this as soon as possible.

  • Svara says, gesturing to the cards

<Aubrienne> Yes.

<Svara> All right.

<Svara> I won't push you - but there are a number of people who are quite concerned about what all this means. And they might not be as patient in trying to find out answers.

<Aubrienne> How concerned do I need to be?

<Svara> I don't think you're in danger, if that's what you mean.

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Svara> But something strange is going on.

<Aubrienne> Isn't it always?

  • Aubrienne says with a weary chuckle.
  • Svara nods.

<Aubrienne> I promise I'll look into as soon as I can. A day or two at most, I would think.

<Svara> All right. Please let me know anything you can.

<Aubrienne> Of course.

  • Svara gives Hyacinth a goodbye kiss, and a hug for you.

Denise learns that Janelle Rionet is going to try to be the next Emperor

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, Ander has a meeting this evening at some fancy restaurant, not at the club.

<Denise> (oooh fancy!)

  • Denise feels maybe not fancy enough, but that's okay, she is rich now :V
  • Ander is plenty fancy for both of us ;)

<Denise> so who're you meetin'? :3

<Ander> Janelle Rionet. Politics stuff.

<Denise> oh, huh

<Denise> She's a channel, right?

<Ander> Yeah. But she's also helpin' me out as far as organizin' stuff for my campaign.

<Denise> awww, right

<Ander> She knows more of the folks in the Great Council an' the rich sorts who do stuff like donate money an' all that.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I guess that's good

<Ander> Yeah, she's not a bad sort.

  • Denise doesn't relly know how these things work and will take your word for it!
  • Ander says, only slightly grudgingly

<Denise> well, prolly you won't need me so much.

<Ander> Well, I oughta keep security around even if I think I don't need it. You never know.

<Denise> yeah.

  • Denise nods

<DiablotinNarrator> You arrive and are escorted to a table where a very pretty and elegant blonde woman is waiting.

  • Lhyphena is now known as Janelle

<Ander> Mlle. Rionet, good evenin'.

<Janelle> It's nice to see you, M. Suterre. And your guest, Mlle...?

<Denise> Um, Murodea

  • Denise is not used to being mlle-d

<Janelle> A pleasure to meet you, Mlle. Murodea.

<Denise> you as well, Mlle. Rionet

  • Ander holds the chair for you to have a seat, then sits down himself.
  • Denise will sit but feel a litle awkward
  • Ander glances at the menu long enough to see there's steak, which is always a good bet at one of these posh places ;)
  • Denise struggles to read though it, not knowing what half the things are D:
  • Denise puts is aside and decides she will justorder whatever Ander orders
  • Ander orders a steak ;)
  • Denise will also, feelign a little relieved
  • Janelle orders the fish.

<Ander> well... so, where are things at?

  • Ander says once the ordering of food is out of the way.

<Janelle> The deadline for filing the paperwork to stand for election is next week. Yours is all already in, of course, no problems there.

<Janelle> Two other candidates have put in their names for the Shambles district so far - barring any last-minute changes, it will be three of you running.

<Ander> Who're the other two?

  • Denise listens but only ever paid vague attention to any kind of politics before

<Janelle> Loren Talmadge, House Bear, he's a foreman at the West End docks. War veteran as well, so that might be a problem if he cuts into your support in that area.

<Janelle> And Taveras Derant, a barber. He's a little older, and he's been part of various organizations for the betterment of the Shambles, so he probably already has a strong base of supporters.

  • Ander nods and then pauses for a moment

<Ander> Derant?

<Janelle> Yes?

<Janelle> Do you know him?

<Ander> No, just the name's familiar. Maybe some of his kin.

  • Ander takes a drink of his wine
  • Denise wonders if she has heard of him.... (K local?)

<Denise> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 23 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, you think you might have walked by his barber shop before. But the name doesn't particularly mean anything to you, I don't think.

<Denise> (okay)

<Ander> Well, so I got a one in three chance, that ain't so bad.

<Janelle> It could be worse.

  • Janelle agrees.
  • Ander and Janelle talk for a bit more, and your food arrives after a while, and that's a good distraction from boring politics stuff because it's a really good steak.
  • Denise daydreams abotu eating steak like this alll the time @_@

<Janelle> There's something else I'd been meaning to talk to you about.

  • Janelle says eventually, once the plates are cleared and you're pondering dessert.

<Ander> Oh yeah?

  • Denise wonders if they have ice cream :3

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably some kind of fancy sorbet ;)

<Denise> (close enough :V)

<Janelle> It's only indirectly related, but I thought you ought to know.

  • Janelle seems a bit nervous, and lowers her voice.
  • Ander looks curious
  • Denise seems a bit more interested in secrets :V

<Janelle> It may not be an issue for a long time, or ever.

<Janelle> So I'd appreciate if you kept it to yourselves.

  • Janelle says, including you with a slight smile
  • Denise nods

<Denise> Of course, ma'am

<Janelle> It's long been my ambition to put myself forward as a candidate for the throne - if I should still be young enough when the opportunity arises, which it may not for many years.

<Ander> You think they'll let you? Like, I can't imagine the House Owl folks are gonna be real happy 'bout waitin' on their turn.

<Janelle> I agree that will be a problem to contend with. But our House needs to take its place one day, and few people are ever going to want to delay their own House for us.

<Janelle> Maybe I won't succeed. But in order to even have a shot at trying, I'll need people like you in the Great Council.

<Ander> Rats?

<Janelle> Allies.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Well, you know, if I even get elected.

<Janelle> That's what I'm here to try and help with :)

<Denise> huh

<Denise> you think that would really ever happen? :3

<Denise> I mean, a rat Emperor...Empress, I guess

<Janelle> I hope so.

<Janelle> I don't think it's impossible, although it will be difficult.

<Janelle> It would have seemed impossible to have a Rat Patriarch once too, but institutions can change, if people have the will to change them.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well, i think it'd be real swell

<Denise> maybe folks'd take us seriously

  • Janelle nods

<Janelle> I hope you're right.

Argent returns to the sewers with Margaux; they find something malevolent

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Argent, you wanted to make a return trip to the sewers and check out how things are in the (former) kingdom of fungus

<Argent> (I did)

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux will go with you, of course. I know Denise wanted to as well, but since Heather had to step out I'll say you couldn't quite make your schedules match up, and you were concerned enough to not want to wait too long.

  • Ander is now known as Margaux

<Argent> (ok)

<DiablotinNarrator> (well if he finds something interesting, you can always go back as a solo or something ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Did you want to retrace the route you guys took the last time?

  • Argent will take a similar route we took the first time, assuming it is still intact.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> One thing you notice early on is that the growths of fungus you had seen last time in the tunnels are mostly dead or dying.

<Argent> Thats a good sign

<Margaux> Hopefully...

  • Argent will keep a reasonably cautious pace

<DiablotinNarrator> You head to the cavern area with the tree roots, where you encountered Amanita.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a terrible smell there - piles of rotting fungus + the festering remains of the dead zombie-things you fought.

<Argent> best have a good look around and be gone from here

  • Argent wrinkles his nose at the smell

<Margaux> It hasn't gotten any more pleasant, definitely.

<Argent> (how do the roots look? Better? Worse?)

<DiablotinNarrator> The roots look like they're still alive, anyway - fungal growths on them have shriveled and turned to a powdery mess, though.

  • Margaux looks around, trying to see if she can sense anything strange
  • Argent will bring some magical sense on line (detect magic/detect evil)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you don't detect evil but you do sense magic centered on that little structure/temple/whatever it is that Amanita was inside

  • Sirris is now known as Margaux
  • Argent will focus on it to try and get a read on its strength... (an however unlikely with his K:arcane, the school)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Argent> (and that wont be enough for the school, I assume)

<DiablotinNarrator> you don't know the school, but you sense that it's moderate power

<Margaux> There's a lingering power here.

  • Margaux adds

<Argent> There is still some magic on the temple where Amanita was... not weak, but not powerful either

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> what it could be, I don't know

<Margaux> We should check it out.

  • Argent nods and moves forward
  • Margaux stays near your side

<DiablotinNarrator> You approach the little building, which now that it's not completely covered in fungus, you think must be some sort of old Rat building - or at least, you don't know who else would have built it, it's clearly old and made of stone.

<DiablotinNarrator> Checking inside?

<Argent> (are there any distinguishing markings on it?)

<Argent> (and yes check inside)

<DiablotinNarrator> There aren't any markings on the outside that you can see, but it's still partly coated in dead/dying fungus, so maybe if it was entirely cleared off, there would be something. It's just cleared off enough for you to tell it's an old building.

<Argent> (after... inside first)

<DiablotinNarrator> (are you still keeping up your DM?)

<Argent> (if I can yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> Inside, there are some things you notice at once. There are some items that radiate with magic - sitting over to the side, there's a metal cauldron, a pair of white leather gloves, a cloak, a circlet, and a necklace. Also in the center of the floor is what looks to you like a summoning circle.

<DiablotinNarrator> And also, you can make a Perception check

<Argent> !roll 1d20+21

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 31 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You hear faint whispering in here. It reminds you uncomfortably of the voices of those fungus-brain-tentacle-things.

  • Argent will cast see invisible
  • Margaux looks unsettled as well

<Argent> (nothing invisible or etherial here?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't see anything invisible - it's as if the sound is just coming from all around you. Make a Will save. and Margaux needs to make one as well.

<Argent> (for me)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+12

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 29 ].

<Argent> (for Margaux)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Argent> (but she's immune to fear)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 25 ].

<Margaux> Something's not right...

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 13 ].

<Margaux> We should get out of here.

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 8 ].
  • Argent will attempt to dispel magic what might be affecting her
  • Margaux moves as if to take the items

<Margaux> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Margaux: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 65 ].

<Argent> (make a caster roll?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 27 ].
  • Margaux then draws her own sword and tries to stab herself with it.

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d8

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d8 ] getting [ 5 ].

<Argent> (+4 str bonus)

<DiablotinNarrator> so she takes 9 damage, and looks very confused

<Margaux> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Margaux: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 77 ].
  • Argent try one more thing, cast circle of protection from evil, to try and ward out the compulsion

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can try that - the Dispel Magic alas didn't help :/

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d8

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d8 ] getting [ 2 ].
  • Margaux cuts herself again for another 6 points

<Argent> (can I try and tackle her out of the room?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes)

<Argent> (since nothing else is working)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 29 ].

<Margaux> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Margaux: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 71 ].

<Argent> (that will beat her CMD)

<DiablotinNarrator> She isn't really fighting back, she's mostly just trying to attack herself anyway, so I'll say you can push her out of the room

  • Margaux looks pale and shaky as she looks down at her wounds

<Margaux> What happened?

  • Margaux asks once she's outside the structure
  • Margaux Lays on Hands on herself

<Argent> you heard the voices and started acting strange, then started cutting yourself.

<Argent> Nothing I tried would free you of it until I forced you outside

<Margaux> I heard whispers - voices telling me to hurt myself

  • Margaux leans against you

<Margaux> Let's get out of here.

<Argent> Do you remember what was inside?

<Margaux> there were some things... a circle on the floor... that's all I remember.

<Argent> (cant see the items from outside, have to be inside, correct?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> Do you want to go back in and take the items?

<DiablotinNarrator> Or just get out and/or come back another time?

<Argent> I'm scared to leave whats in there, just lying there for someone to wander in and take, or worse, end up

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> confused.

<Margaux> I felt like whatever it was, it was all around - not one of the items doing it.

<Argent> Ill cast silence, maybe if I cant hear it, I wont be vulnerable, go in and grab the stuff in my cloak, and if I have time, and there is no sign of anything in the circle, break it.

<Margaux> All right. if I think anything's going wrong, though, I'm going to come in and try to pull you out.

  • Argent pulls out his rope and ties it around himself.

<Argent> give me a 50 count, if I'm not out, pull me out if you can

<Margaux> all right

  • Margaux holds the end of the rope
  • Argent will cast silence and run in

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you're able to grab the things, although you still feel like some unpleasant force is in there with you

<Argent> (do I see anything in the circle?)

<DiablotinNarrator> No, you don't

  • Argent will use searing light to destroy part of it

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can do that.

  • Argent then runs out

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can make good your escape, and return up to the surface.

<Argent> (we do not examine the items until I can detect evil/chaos etc on them to make sure they arent messed up)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - none radiate evil or chaotic)

<Argent> (and magic, just in case...oh look, lets handle these gloves of overwhelming magic aura.. not)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'd need to check each to tell you the strengths, so let's do that later - I can email you or let you know this evening if you're around then)

<Argent> (ok)

Hugo learns that Eletheni is still with him

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, it's good to be back on the stage at last. And fortunately, the audience seems to have missed you :)

  • Hugonel is very good at pretending like nothing happened and all is well ... I hope
  • Hugonel has broken out his repertoire of springtime patter at long last
  • Zola claps from the audience with a cherry bomb and a cigarette :3

<DiablotinNarrator> You're getting back into the swing of things, bantering with the other performers, amusing the audience.

<DiablotinNarrator> (make a Perform check)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 32 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you're really feeling it tonight - as though your return to the stage is bringing out power you didn't even know you had

<DiablotinNarrator> So it's a bit of a surprise when suddenly your voice turns into a woman's.

<DiablotinNarrator> The audience, of course, thinks it's part of the act, and laughs accordingly.

  • Hugonel tries not to act too startled ... but is surely startled.

<Zola> :o

<Zola> Eletheni!

  • Zola claps excitedly! :D

<DiablotinNarrator> You're able to wrap up your intro of the next act smoothly(ish) and get off the stage.

  • Hugonel gets a drink at the bar before heading back to his dressing room.
  • Zola /of course/ intercepts him

<DiablotinNarrator> Of course, the next act was Lydienne and she thinks you were making fun of her, so that might come back to bite you later.

<Hugonel> (can't it be both things?)

  • Hugonel is in his dressing room, almost hyperventilating

<DiablotinNarrator> (presumably, since the audience thought it was hilarious ;)

  • Zola knocks rapidly *rapraprapraprap* and then opens the door!

<Hugonel> Go away! ... oh, Zola, no, I didn't mean you. But ... I have to go.

<Zola> Go where? What was that? That was Eletheni wasn't it? :o

<Hugonel> Yes. I could feel her inside me. It wasn't just her voice, it was *her*.

<Zola> Really? :o

  • Hugonel downs his drink and starts to weep, hands over his face.

<Zola> Ohhh, honey...

  • Zola will go over and embrace him.

<Zola> It's OK.

<Zola> Everything will be fine.

<Hugonel> I have to get out of here.

<Zola> OK.

<Zola> Do you want me to come?

<Hugonel> No.

<Hugonel> I'm fine.

<Zola> OK. I'll walk you out?

<Zola> Give me a ring later maybe?

<Hugonel> Yeah. Sure.

  • Zola smiles and gives him a kiss on the forehead, then wipes away the lipstick she leaves.
  • Zola will give him his space.
  • Hugonel gets into his street clothes and then heads out to find Sirris.
  • Sirris can be found at the temple

<Hugonel> (is he alone or with people?)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are almost always people around, but it's not in the middle of a ceremony or anything like that - you could get him alone if necessary

<Hugonel> Sirris. Oh good, you're here.

  • Hugonel says, while almost rushing up to him.

<Sirris> Hugo, is everything all right?

  • Sirris can tell you're agitated

<Hugonel> Ahhhh ... no?

  • Hugonel doesn't seem so sure himself.

<Sirris> Is it something you want to talk about?

<Hugonel> Yes.

  • Hugonel seems *very* sure of that.
  • Sirris will take you into one of the back rooms and sit you down.

<Sirris> What's wrong?

<Hugonel> Well ... I don't know where to start.

  • Hugonel gives a synopsis of his time as Eletheni in the First World, and how she used his voice for her magic.
  • Sirris listens with interest and confusion

<Hugonel> And now I'm back here, and everything is normal, except that ... now I have *her* voice. She's here, in me.

<Sirris> Your voice sounds like it always has, to me.

  • Sirris says gently.

<Hugonel> I mean, in my show, just now, I was performing and then out her voice came, clear as could be.

<Sirris> Hm.

<Hugonel> Others heard it too. It wasn't just me.

  • Sirris nods

<Sirris> So there is still some kind of connection between you, it would seem.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> And for Eletheni, that connection had *always* been there. Hugo had been her ... muse? She knew of him, remembered him.<Hugonel> But I thought, when I got back here, that maybe I had just made her up, that she wasn't a real lillend, just a ... product of whatever magics took me there in the first place.

<Hugonel> But if she's in me and her voice is still in me, how can that be?

  • Hugonel is trying to get it all out despite his agitation.

<Hugonel> It wasn't just her voice, it wasn't just an emulation, or a memory. Her power was there, behind it. I could feel it, just as when I was in the First World.

<Sirris> How does it feel when you speak with her voice? Are you still under your own control?

<Hugonel> I ... yes, I guess in the sense that I can do everything I would normally do. I think so? It's not like she is controlling me ... but then, it's not like I was controlling her, when she sang with my voice, either.

  • Sirris nods

<Hugonel> But lillends are so very ancient and powerful. I'm hardly an expert on celestials but even I know that

<Hugonel> So if she's real, I mean, really real and has always been real even before me ... she's still *somewhere*? Maybe?

<Sirris> It seems like that must be the case.

<Hugonel> I need to talk to her again. I need to understand what happened to me, what's happening to me, what she knows about all this.

  • Sirris considers that

<Sirris> I think before you attempt that, you need to think about what such a contact would mean. As you say, she is presumably a very powerful being, and her motivations and desires may not mesh with yours.

<Sirris> Would you be able to cope if her reaction was not what you hope for?

<Hugonel> I don't know. But how would I know? It's not like I have anything to compare this with?

<Sirris> I recommend meditating on the question of what you are seeking. It may be that the answers are already within you.

<Hugonel> You know what else is in me? An immortal snake lady!

  • Hugonel says snappily.

<Hugonel> ... I'm sorry, Sirris.

<Sirris> I understand. And what I mean is, if she maintains some form of contact with you, perhaps you can reach out to her that way first.

<Hugonel> I will try. I ... have to try.

  • Sirris nods

<Sirris> If I can help at all, I will.

<Hugonel> Have you ever heard of such a thing before?

<Sirris> Communication, or even bonds, between celestials and humans, certainly - but not precisely of this nature.

<Sirris> Would you be willing for me to talk about this, not naming names of course, with others who might have expertise in the matter?

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Of course.

<Sirris> all right.

  • Sirris gives you a hug

<Hugonel> Thank you, as always, for keeping me grounded.

<Sirris> I know it must be distressing for you. I hope that eventually it proves to be a blessing, though.

  • Hugonel heads off to try to figure this all out ... possibly with liquor.

Zola and Noren have dinner with her family; she discovers her father has purchased the Dark Tapestry

  • Zola gets all gussied up and helps Bastien put on a tie and a nice hat.
  • Noren will accompany you to a nice dinner with your family - were you wanting to go to a restaurant, or to their house?
  • Zola was thinking the house.

<Elianne> (okay, that's fine)

  • Noren squeezes your hand as you approach

<Noren> It'll be all right.

  • Zola was also thinking Zola would have given Eliane the heads up by phone about the changes too
  • Zola smiles broadly, Bastien in arm

<Zola> Of course it will.

  • Zola gives him a kiss on the cheek
  • Noren smiles back
  • Zola is feeling pretty good about it, actually... what could get her down?

<Zola> Especially with my two favourite boys at my side ^_^

<Elianne> (you head inside, then)

  • Elianne gives you a hug when you arrive

<Elianne> You look lovely :)

<Zola> Thank you! You too!

  • Zola squeeeeze<3
  • Elianne shakes hands with Noren as well

<Noren> It's good to be here, thank you for having me over.

  • Zola will set Bastien somewhere on a chest or table out of tail-stomping danger.
  • Mylene and your father come in, hearing that you've arrived

<Allaude> Good evening, both of you.

<Mylene> ... did you do something different with your hair?

  • Mylene asks you

<Zola> Good evening, Daddy...

  • Zola gives him a hug
  • Allaude hugs you back

<Zola> Oh, this? It's just one of my regular wigs?

<Mylene> Hm.

  • Mylene purses her lips, scrutinizing you.

<Zola> Good evening, Mother, thank you for hosting.

<Mylene> Certainly, thank you for bothering to come.

  • Noren shakes your father's hand politely
  • Zola shrugs off a swell of vulnerable feelings... .oO( Ugh, how can she still make me feel like a freak? )

<Allaude> Oh, before we sit down to dinner, let me show you my latest acquisition :)

<Zola> Oh?

<Mylene> Your father spent a ridiculous amount of money...

<Allaude> on a priceless antique!

<Zola> If it was priceless shouldn't it have been free?

  • Zola grins

<Allaude> Hahah, if only!

  • Allaude will bring you into the drawing room to show you something hanging on the wall - it's a large tapestry in an unfamiliar style.

<Allaude> It's Cozovode, do you like it? Very rare.

  • Zola examines it.

<Mylene> It takes up the whole wall :p

<DiablotinNarrator> It looks to you like it's a star chart of some kind. Like you can see it's black, and has little specks of gold and silver in patterns that look like constellations.

  • Zola gawps a little

<Zola> .oO( Well, no, it can't be... )

<Allaude> I think it brings a certain class to the place.

  • Zola casts Detect Magic

<Mylene> It smells of smoke :p

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you detect overwhelming magic.

  • Zola resumes gaping

<Zola> Daddy, where did you get this?

  • Zola sounds a little alarmed

<Allaude> Oh, why, do you want one? I don't think they have another...

  • Allaude pats it fondly

<Zola> No, I don't think there IS another... do you have any idea how powerful the magic is in this?

<Allaude> It's magic?

<Mylene> Well that explains why they charged so much.

<Zola> Yes, *extremely* powerful...

<Zola> (Do I know what the Dark Tapestry does, again?)

<Zola> (oh, charts stars, predicts futures)

<DiablotinNarrator> (in theory, predicts the future)

<Zola> This is... how did it...

<DiablotinNarrator> (but presumably you need to know how to use it)

  • Zola looks back and forth between it and her father.

<Noren> Are you okay, dear?

<Zola> ... yes, it's just... this ties into the book that Amanita had...

<Allaude> The what now?

<Allaude> Should there be a book that goes with it? That would be quite a coup, to have the matching set.

  • Zola scrutinizes the rug for signs it may instead just be a regular extremely powerful tapestry >_>

<Zola> Have you told anyone you have this?

<Allaude> Well, yes, I've told some friends, had them round for tea to admire it, that sort of thing. Everyone was very impressed.

<Zola> Gods... don't tell anyone else.

<Mylene> What's wrong with it?

  • Mylene asks, perfectly aware that you're freaking out quietly on the inside

<Zola> It's an extremely important artifact...

<Zola> (Is it known that this was stolen?)

<Zola> I don't think it's something you can just BUY.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I forget how much I told you before. but basically the monastery or temple or wherever where it was stored burned down and the thing disappeared.)

<Zola> Especially not if they didn't tell you what it was...

<Zola> It disappeared after the monastery where it was kept �burned down�.

<Mylene> Allaude!

  • Mylene turns her anger on her husband instead of you at least ;p

<Mylene> You are going to take this right back where you got it and get your money back.

<Zola> No!

<Zola> They shouldn't have had it either! @_@

<Allaude> Well, it was this young Cozovode lady - or I think she was young. It's hard to tell with them. She seemed to want to get it off her hands - said something about being done with it.

<Zola> We need to call the police...

<Zola> How much DID she charge? >_>

<Allaude> Twelve thousand >.>

<Zola> Well if it wasn't stolen, that'd be a steal.

<Zola> (Do I have Loick's office number now? :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, I think he gave you all his card)

<Zola> We should call the Chief Sorcerer...

<Zola> He can take it into custody and they can figure out what to do with it...

<Allaude> Oh, do you really think so?

<Mylene> And we'll be reimbursed for the expense, I assume? :p

<Zola> Maybe we can get some of your money back?

  • Zola smiles :)

<Zola> We can spin it, maybe...

<Mylene> Well it wasn't that good anyway. It has a tear.

<Zola> You saw it, and figured it was stolen, and that it should rightfully belong in Cozovode... we get your picture in the paper...

<Zola> A... tear?

<Zola> (Should it even be tear-able?)

<Mylene> (you presume not!)

<Zola> Something this powerful shouldn't ... tear

  • Zola looks for the tear

<Mylene> Yes, just here.

  • Zola looks
  • Mylene points it out, and once she does you can see - black against black, it's easy to miss, but it's definitely torn.

<Zola> Well that's not at all distressing.

<Allaude> I was going to get that mended.

  • Allaude says a bit defensively
  • Zola tries to think of what that might mean, if the rend is the result of the Codex, or if the location of the rend has meaning...

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't know.

<Zola> It's probably worth 12 thousand just to get it out of the house, Daddy.

  • Zola will go over and hug him
  • Allaude hugs you back

<Zola> Aside from the stolen part, it was a really good find, in a way :)

<Allaude> Well... if you think so. But I did like how it tied the room together.

<Zola> Maybe we can have a reproduction done to commemorate it :)

  • Allaude smiles at that

<Zola> Is the phone in the same place?

  • Allaude nods
  • Zola will go call the Chief Sorcerer's office

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay... that will take some explanation, but I imagine you can get Loick himself out there once you manage to convince them you're not crazy.

  • Zola presumes she might have to emphasize to an assistant how important it is...
  • Zola would probably just tell them to tell Loick it's about "the Codex" and the First World

<Zola> I suppose we could have dinner while we wait... >_>

<Mylene> Yes, before it all gets cold.

<Allaude> The Chief Sorcerer, coming here - how exciting. I feel like I ought to change into a nicer suit.

<Zola> He's a lovely man, Hugo's uncle.

<Mylene> I think he has two sons who are unmarried too, Elianne.

  • Zola wonders if this all makes it a better or worse time to tell her story >_>

<Elianne> Oh good.

  • Elianne says, plainly unthrilled :p
  • Zola gives Eliane a grin

<Zola> The Silveiras are known for being a quite fun time :)

<Elianne> All right.. I'll take your word for that.

<Zola> Anyway... I guess this all ties into my big news so I might as well get that out...

<Allaude> hm?

  • Zola will tell her parents about the fairy monarchs and how we hoped to free Amanita from control of the C- er... evil extraplanar forces sounds more appetizing

<Zola> Well it worked, and she whisked us away by ripping something called the Codex of the Dark Tapestry... the Dark Tapestry being what I think is in the drawing room >_>

<Allaude> well it is rather dark

<Mylene> gloomy :p

<Zola> .oO( And rent >_> )

<Zola> And once we got to the other side... we were all fairies ourselves... and she asked us to try to convince the winter king to help end the Blight...

<Mylene> o_O

<Zola> I was a teeny little green fairy!

  • Zola gestures how high and for once is not describing a cock

<Zola> It was quite a shock

<Allaude> I imagine so!

<Zola> But we persevered, and were sent home... and the Emperor even gave us a reward for our achievements ^_^

<Mylene> He did? :o Why wasn't there something in the papers? Or a ceremony? Why weren't we invited?

<Zola> Well, you can understand it's a little complicated?

<Mylene> Hmph.

<Zola> All the details about the blight, and the Irminsul in the Shade, and the Cyst...

<Zola> Five big ones is probably worth more than celebrity to most of us >_>

<Zola> Anyway, that's not really the big news...

<Zola> When I got back... I was changed.

<Zola> I'm... all woman now.

<Mylene> You're what?

<Zola> And I don't mean that in the usual stubborn way

  • Zola looks at her mother

<Mylene> I can't believe it.

<Noren> She's telling the truth - I've checked.

  • Noren says calmly
  • Zola chokes a bit
  • Mylene as well
  • Zola swallows and takes another drink of wine<Allaude> Some sort of magic?

<Zola> I guess?

<Zola> I don't think it's temporary though... and my friend Sister Valeen doesn't it's just cosmetic.

<Zola> It means Noren and I could have little ones some day :)

  • Zola gives him a smile and a kiss on the cheek
  • Mylene coughs again at that

<Mylene> Well. I ... I don't know what to say.

<Allaude> Congratulations? Is that all right?

<Zola> Yes, it is :)

<Zola> I was happy before, but this is a good thing too.

  • Zola shrugs at her mother.

<Zola> It's official now.

  • Mylene frowns, uncertain of how to react - perhaps having mixed feelings of her own

<Mylene> I suppose that's that, then.

<Zola> It is.

<Mylene> You got what you always wanted.

<Zola> Besides, don't you think Noren makes excellent son in law material? :)

  • Noren smiles at that

<Zola> He's decided to run for office, you know?

<Mylene> Maybe if he shaves that mustache :p

  • Zola laughs
  • Mylene can always find something new to criticize!

Hettie learns of the Phantom Rat

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, it's early afternoon, probably you're just puttering around the house having gotten up not super long before, when your brother Thierry shows up, along with baby Avionne.

<Thierry> Hey Hettie, how's things?

<Hettienne> Oh howdy!

<Hettienne> HOw's my little punkin butt :3

  • Hettienne coos over the baby

<Thierry> She's doin' good, but her mam needed a bit of a break so I thought I'd bring her out on a walk, now the weather's nice.

  • Avionne gurgles and waves her hands cheerfully

<Hettienne> Finally!

<Thierry> Yeah. It felt like it was gonna be winter forever.

<Hettienne> D'you want a coffee? I think there's some left.

<Thierry> Sure, that'd be swell.

<Hettienne> Awright, c'mon in the kitchen :)

  • Thierry follows you in and will have a seat
  • Hettienne will find a clean mug and pour him some.

<Hettienne> Now hand over that baby :3

<Thierry> seems like a fair trade :)

  • Thierry passes you Avionne in exchange for the coffee
  • Hettienne makes stupid faces and blows raspberries for Avionne :3
  • Avionne giggles
  • Avionne 's hair is coming in thicker now, dark like yours

<Hettienne> You're gettin' so biiiig!

<Denise> (she's almost 6 month now :3)

<DiablotinNarrator> (and her father's but whatever ;)

<Thierry> She's sittin' up on her own some now :)

<Hettienne> Gonna be a tough cookie, I can tell

<Thierry> uh huh, she's one of our kind ;)

<Thierry> So how're you doin'?

<Hettienne> Oh, can't complain

<Hettienne> Uh, I dunno if Serge Yves told you, I've been with Nycki again...

<Thierry> Yeah, word sorta got around 'bout that.

<Hettienne> I figured

<Hettienne> Well it's pretty serious, an' it's goin' good...

<Thierry> I guess I figure that's your business. You're a smart lady, you can figure out who's worth spendin' your time on.

<Hettienne> Well I'm gonna be spendin' a lot of time with her. A whole lot.

<Thierry> Yeah?

<Hettienne> We're gonna be movin' in together.

<Thierry> oh, huh. In here?

<Hettienne> Probably...

  • Thierry nods

<Thierry> Well, good luck to you, I hope that works out.

<Hettienne> It will.

  • Hettienne says stubbornly.

<Hettienne> (sm)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can roll)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 32 ].
  • Thierry seems a bit concerned for you, but not too upset about it or anything.

<Hettienne> (alrighty then)

<Thierry> Where's Denise gonna move to, then?

<Hettienne> She an' her boy are gettin' a place.

<Thierry> Oh yeah? That's good. Bet they'll be glad to have their own place :)

<Hettienne> She's a grown girl... she don't need to be bunkin' with her boring old aunt ;)

<Thierry> Heh

<Thierry> Well, I'm glad it sounds like things are goin' good.

<Thierry> Say, so... did you hear 'bout the Phantom Rat?

<Hettienne> The... the what now?

<Hettienne> Is that like, one of those costumed mystery men from the comics?

<Thierry> Yeah, I guess. 'Cept in real life.

<Hettienne> You're pullin' my leg. Really?

<Hettienne> What are they doin'?

<Thierry> Well, like, he goes around I guess in a costume, like you said - like with a mask an' cloak an' hat, so you can't tell who it is.

<Thierry> An' helps out folks in trouble.

<Hettienne> An he's a Rat? How can you tell?

<Thierry> Well, I don't know that he is, really. But that's what folks are callin' him. He's got a little silver clasp on his cloak that's shaped like a rat, I guess.

<Thierry> But maybe that's just to throw folks off.

<Hettienne> Is it for sure a man?

<Thierry> Well, I ain't seen him or nothin', but I heard about it from some folks who did.

<Thierry> So close by where I work, yeah, there's a paint factory.

<Hettienne> Uh-huh...

<Thierry> An' we all knew it was kinda a bad place - like not real safe, folks get hurt there, don't pay good wages, that sorta thing.

  • Hettienne listens, frowning.

<Thierry> So, anyway, one night they're runnin' overtime for some big shipment or whatever. Workin' folks real hard.

<Thierry> An' a fire breaks out. An' in a paint factory, I don't gotta say that's real bad news. But they had the doors locked so as folks couldn't sneak out for a break or a smoke or whatever.

  • Hettienne looks horrified.

<Thierry> It was lookin' real bad. Prolly a lotta folks would've died. 'Cept from out of nowhere, I guess, this guy shows up.

<Hettienne> Damn...

<Thierry> There's some scufflin', he busts open the doors an' lets the folks inside out.

<Thierry> Place still burned to the ground of course.

<Hettienne> Did they all get out?

<Thierry> Yeah, a few got singed some, but everyone was okay.

<Hettienne> Damn... Phantom Rat, huh. :o

  • Thierry nods

<Thierry> An' in the confusion an' all that, he just disappears.

<Hettienne> I wonder if Denise knows about this fella.

<Hettienne> And how long afore she's gonna hunt him down askin' to be his sidekick :p

<Thierry> There's even a story on him in the newspaper. Well the Rat newspaper.

<Thierry> 'WHO IS THE PHANTOM RAT?'

<Hettienne> What's it say?

<Thierry> Talks 'bout other folks who said he helped 'em out. Some Shadar-kai lady who was gettin' hassled by Colour Guard types, an' he an' some other fella swoop in an' beat 'em up. She said that other guy was Shadar-kai too, but who knows?

<Hettienne> Huh. :o

<Hettienne> Sounds like I need t' start readin' the paper more.

<Thierry> There was some other stories too, I forget all the details, but yeah, I wondered if you heard of this guy at all.

<Hettienne> Nope, all new to me :o

<Thierry> Pretty crazy.

<Hettienne> Maybe he can track down that fucker that did Serge Yves' boy.

<Thierry> Yeah... :/

  • Avionne starts to get a bit fussy

<Hettienne> Aw, baby girl.

<Hettienne> You lookin' for lunch?

<Thierry> Yeah, I guess it's about that time... I oughta get her home.

<Hettienne> Alrighty.

  • Hettienne somewhat reluctantly passes her back.

<Hettienne> COme 'round anytime. :)

<Thierry> Sure thing, an' you an' Nycki come by our place for dinner or somethin' some night too.

<Hettienne> Really?

  • Hettienne grins ear to ear.

<Thierry> Yeah, sure.

<Hettienne> That'd be real swell, Thierry.

  • Thierry smiles back

<Thierry> Well Rosalie's never even met her I don't think.

<Hettienne> No, I guess not. :)

  • Thierry will give you a hug as he takes Avionne back
  • Hettienne hugs you back

<Thierry> Take care, then. See you later.

<Hettienne> See you soon! :)

Solos

Aubrienne asks Ander if he's the Wastelord

<Denise> (so what's the set u here - grabbing us at work?)

<Aubrienne> (I think she might try to meet somewhere else, if possible. Her and Jed's, if it's open. Not sure where else would work.)

  • Aubrienne probably doesn't know what all is involved to get a meeting with Ander. :p

<Ander> (you could ask Denise! ;)

<Aubrienne> (That's what I was assuming. We can do that real quick, and it should be easy to flag her down at the club.)

  • Denise is indeed easy to flag down :)
  • Aubrienne will try to catch Denise as alone as is feasible at the club

<Denise> (ladies room conference? :V)

<Aubrienne> (That'll work)

  • Denise can be caught, in anycase

<Aubrienne> Denise! Just who I was looking for.

<Denise> hey Aubrienne :)

<Aubrienne> I was hoping I could ask a favor.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Denise> what's up?

<Denise> someone givin' you trouble?

<Aubrienne> I need to speak to Ander. Privately.

<Denise> oh, okay...

<Denise> you want me to set it up?

<Aubrienne> How hard would it be to set that up?

<Denise> what's it about?

<Aubrienne> It's about the deck. And I think more than that.

<Denise> prolly not real hard, dependin on what its about, an where you're thinkkin' to do it

<Denise> oh damnit I keep forgettin' about that thing.... good thing everyone else remembers :p

<Denise> but I ain't never told him about it

<Aubrienne> That's fine. I don't need to tell him about it, either.

<Aubrienne> But this is...related.

<Aubrienne> Rat stuff.

  • Aubrienne will say solemnly.

<Aubrienne> (And somehow keep a straight face)

<Denise> there's lotsa that goin; around >.>

<Aubrienne> o.O

<Aubrienne> So it would seem.

<Aubrienne> Anyway, can you set something up?

<Denise> I think so

<Denise> you can't tell me more what its about?

<Aubrienne> Uh, well, it has to do with our history, I think. How much do you know about the Wastelord?

<Denise> ....

<Denise> okay.

  • Denise looks concerned because she isterribel at bluff

<Aubrienne> (Sense Motive, maybe?)

<Denise> I thik he'll wanna hear it

<Aubrienne> Okay

<Aubrienne> Let me know when and where, I guess.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay

<Aubrienne> You're a doll.

  • Aubrienne gives you a hug.
  • Denise hugs back but still seems a bit worried
  • Aubrienne is worried as well, but trying to act cool
  • Denise will go see Ander @_@
  • Ander just finished talking with whoever he was talking with, fortunately ;)
  • Denise sits down and looks to make sure there's no one else about to come over

<Denise> boss...

<Ander> yeah?

<Denise> I was just talkin' to Aubrienne

<Denise> an she's got some things to talk to you about that ain't club talk sortsa things

<Denise> Rat things

<Ander> oh?

  • Ander frowns, wondering how all this word is getting around so fast >.>

<Denise> she seemed liek she was worried an it made me worried

<Ander> Well, sure, we can meet up with her. She wants to talk somewhere else?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I dunno where though

<Denise> she said to just let her know

  • Ander thinks about it for a minute

<Ander> What about at the Nite Owl, after we all get done tonight - we can grab some food an' talk, an' anyone there knows better than to bug me if I'm talkin'.

<Denise> if you thikn that's private enough, okay

  • Denise will relay the message

<Ander> at four in the morning, it'll be dead. but if she wants even more private, we can talk in the car or somethin'.

<Denise> okay

  • Aubrienne will be happy to meet there
  • Ander orders the all-day breakfast special, and coffee, anticipating he might need to be awake for this.
  • Denise will tell Ander on the way over that she said somethign about the wastelord
  • Ander files that away >.>
  • Denise will do likewise
  • Aubrienne will arrive at the appointed time

<Aubrienne> (I'm apparently under-knowledged. What's the Nite Owl, again? Bar?)

<Ander> (it's a 24 hour diner)

<Aubrienne> (ah)

  • Aubrienne makes her way over to where Denise and Ander are, ordering a coffee on the way.

<Aubrienne> Thank you for seeing me. I know you're a busy man.

  • Aubrienne says, sitting down.

<Ander> It's no trouble. What's on your mind?

<Aubrienne> Oh, quite a lot, actually.

<Aubrienne> I'm not entirely sure where to start.

  • Denise fidgets

<Ander> Denise said it was about 'rat stuff'.

<Aubrienne> You, ah, are holding an object in trust for us, yes?

<Aubrienne> It is. Definitely.

  • Ander nods
  • Denise gets a thoughtful look

<Aubrienne> And you're positive it is still in your possession?

<Denise> . o O (Mlle Rionet is a channel....)

<Aubrienne> I hope that's not insulting to ask.

<Aubrienne> But it is important.

<Ander> (I assume we're speaking Rat for all this, btw?)

<Aubrienne> (Oh, yeah, I would think so.)

<Denise> (yeah)

<Ander> I honestly haven't checked in the past little while. I got no reason to think it isn't.

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Aubrienne> Then I have something of a strange question for you.

<Aubrienne> What do you know about the Wastelord?

<Ander> It's a title from back in the old times, a... leader, I guess, of our folks.

<Aubrienne> Does it mean anything specific to you?

<Ander> Why?

<Aubrienne> The object you're holding for us, we went to the Vjestaci about it.

<Aubrienne> For advice, I suppose.

  • Ander nods

<Aubrienne> We didn't tell them who had it, but clearly they are interested.

<Aubrienne> Being who they are, the tried to find out with spells, and all questions regarding the identity of who holds the object came back with the same response: the Wastelord.

<Aubrienne> You're sure it doesn't mean anything specific to you?

<Ander> .. nah, it means somethin', but what exactly, that's kinda a long story.

<Aubrienne> I kind of figured.

<Aubrienne> There's more.

<Ander> oh?

<Aubrienne> Of course, they then tried to work on the question of the Wastelord's identity.

  • Aubrienne will produce her family Harrow deck.

<Ander> ah, ain't seen one of those in a while.

<Ander> I was never too good at it.

<Denise> ooh

<Denise> Masie had one but it wern't so... old :o

<Denise> an my gran has one

<Aubrienne> It's a family heirloom. And I *am* pretty good at it.

<Denise> she won't let no one touch it though :p

  • Denise nods
  • Aubrienne will get everyone to participate in a Harrowing (the spell, so for reals ;)) with the question "Who is the Wastelord?"
  • Ander watches with interest/a bit of bemusement

<Aubrienne> (Is the spread the same?)

<Ander> (yeah)

<Aubrienne> They order and such apparently can vary a bit, but every single Harrowing they've done on this question brings up these same cards.

<Aubrienne> (The order, rather. Derp)

<Ander> ... that's a bit unsettlin'

<Denise> what's it mean?

  • Denise says looking at the ictures on the cards but being a little lost with it

<Denise> (pictures)

<Aubrienne> Long story short, something from our past has come back, and it could be good or bad, but it looks like it's going to be big, either way.

<Denise> oh, okay

<Aubrienne> It's more complicated, but that's the gist of it.

<Aubrienne> Also, I'm worried about this.

  • Aubrienne points to the Snakebite.

<Ander> ... sounds sorta familiar, all things considered.

<Aubrienne> It means betrayal, poison, assassination.

<Aubrienne> And it's the present evil card.

  • Ander nods sort of resignedly

<Denise> :|

<Aubrienne> Look, I may be way out of line, but I'm kind of used to that, and, despite my profession I'm not one for obfuscation.

<Aubrienne> If you're the Wastelord, you may be in very real danger. If you're not, but you know who is, they need to know.

<Aubrienne> This is important.

<Ander> I got that message pretty loud an' clear, yeah.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

  • Ander sips his coffee and wonders just how to explain this
  • Denise watches him be ause she has no iea what he might or might not say about things

<Ander> Like I said, it's a long story, an' there's parts I don't understand either. An' I've talked to some folks who know a hell of a lot more'n me, an' they don't know what it all means either.

<Aubrienne> All right...

<Ander> But the real short version is, Rat talked to me inside the Arch, I guess I'm the Wastelord, an' now I got the power to give people the old shapechangin' ways.

  • Ander waits to see how that goes over
  • Denise also :3 D: :D

<Aubrienne> http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/community-sitcom/images/c/cb/2x16-Troy_LeVar_2.jpg/revision/latest/zoom-crop/width/320/height/320?cb=20121207210458

<Ander> (hee)

<Denise> it;s for real though

<Aubrienne> (I have no better way of describing her face right then :))

<Ander> (please don't end up crying in the bathroom!)

<Aubrienne> Ho...uh...wow.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

<Aubrienne> I guess we went traipsing through fairyland, so that's not entirely bizarre.

<Ander> it's still pretty bizarre

<Aubrienne> What did Rat say?

<Ander> well... so there's some whole other backstory to that.

<Aubrienne> Can I take notes? That's probably bad if it's a secret, but I've got a good memory. This is important. I want to know everything. We need to...I'm babbling.

  • Aubrienne stops to take a breath.

<Aubrienne> Please continue.

<Ander> again, this is the short version - an' if you're really into this, I'm okay to talk more, but it really don't make a lot more sense in the longer version, least not to me.

<Aubrienne> Okay

<Ander> There's this old lady, old enough she was born in the undercity, an' she thought she might have found a way to get folks to be able to shapeshift again. I said she could test it out on me.

<Ander> 'Cause... that's somethin' I always wanted. Always felt like it was.. missin', I guess.

<Aubrienne> I know the feeling.

<Ander> So she did her thing, an' I went into a ... dream? vision? I still dunno what exactly to call it, but it felt real.

<Ander> In that ... let's go with vision... I was a fella named Drej, way back before the Empire was a thing.

  • Aubrienne silently repeats the name 'Drej' to herself to be sure to remember it.

<Ander> He was the mate to Dorea - like the same Dorea who was the first Empress.

<Ander> An' they were Rats. or ... I guess whatever we were before we were us.

<Aubrienne> Hmm.

<Ander> Then there's some confusin' stuff where she had gone into the Arch, an' Rat got stuck in there, or somethin'. She didn't have that connection to her god no more.

<Ander> I weren't there for that part :p

  • Denise listens raptly because this is still all way beynd her

<Ander> But while she was in there, she saw a bunch of stuff for our people - she thought it was what would happen in the future, an' it weren't good. Like we'd be poor, workin' in factories - only she didn't know what those were - like slaves even.

<Aubrienne> Well, it sounds like she was right.

<Ander> She tried to stop it, but it came true anyway :/

<Aubrienne> Prophecy has a habit of doing that.

<Ander> She thought by sendin' us underground, away from everyone, we'd be safe there. An' she wanted Drej to lead 'em.

<Ander> then... there's this other stuff, I don't even know how to get into all that, with the human folk who were here before us, who'd been slaves.

<Ander> they knew the tunnels, an' the underground, 'cause they'd made it.

<Ander> or hidden there anyway, before.

<Ander> an' for us all to survive, we'd have to become one people.

<Ander> So us Rats are really like... a mix of them an' the ones who came from away.

<Aubrienne> Well, we do seem to have a habit of adopting strays.

  • Denise smiles at that

<Ander> Yeah. Anyway... Drej went into the Arch too. Not entirely 'cause he wanted to, but like... once he was in there, it was like we split apart again, an' that was when Rat showed up to talk to us.

<Ander> He told us to show folks the way, 'cause we were the lords of the waste an' the unwanted an' the lost.

<Ander> An' then I woke up back as myself, an' I could shift. But not just that - I could give it to other folks too.

<Denise> ?me gives a big stupid grin at that

  • Denise does

<Ander> ... I guess that version weren't so short.

  • Aubrienne smiles at that.

<Aubrienne> I appreciate you telling me...Wastelord. ;)

<Ander> I wish it came with a better name.

  • Ander says with a slight sigh

<Aubrienne> Any more direction than that? Just show people the way?

<Ander> well I wondered that myself.

<Ander> I was like, man, you couldn't give a bit more to go on?

<Aubrienne> Well, shit.

  • Aubrienne says, grinning.

<Ander> So I talked to some folks, who kinda like... know the Patriarch, an' he came an' we had a chinwag about it.

<Aubrienne> And?

<Ander> He did a spell to ask Rat for some more info :p

<Aubrienne> And our furry forebear said...?

<Ander> Which I guess is one of those perks when you're like boss of the church or whatever. you can just phone up the gods an' ask questions.

<Ander> well one thing that was kinda worryin' me was, did this happen 'cause somethin is gonna happen to Rat again?

<Ander> But I guess not.

<Ander> But it might be 'cause it's necessary for our people's survival. That was sort of a maybe, not a straight yes or no.

<Ander> I asked if I could give it to anyone who wanted it. An' I guess, if they really know what they're gettin' into, an' they want it, then yes. But what they're gettin' into could be dangerous.

<Aubrienne> The shapeshifting, you mean?

<Ander> Yeah. Best as I can figure, it might mean there's folks who won't like it, or who'll look bad at us who can do it, once it starts to get out.

<Ander> But maybe it's somethin' else dangerous about it too, I dunno.

<Aubrienne> Worth considering.

  • Ander points to the Snakebite card.

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Ander> But it's definitely dangerous for me. So I'm a bit wary of it gettin' spread around.

<Aubrienne> Understandably.

<Ander> But I don't know how I can give it to folks either, without explainin' it.

<Denise> least that its you....

<Aubrienne> Is it difficult?

<Ander> Nah, it only takes a moment, if the person's ready for it.

  • Ander waits for the inevitable question >.>

<Denise> its so swell :3

  • Aubrienne looks contemplative.

<Aubrienne> I feel like I'm looking a gift...rat in the mouth right now.

<Aubrienne> Sorry, you don't really know me, but this is something I've wanted for a long time. It's one of the reasons I studied magic. I'm kind of a nut for our people's history.

  • Aubrienne nods towards the Harrow deck.
  • Ander nods

<Aubrienne> But I don't want to impose, and it seems like it might be worthwhile to have some perspective.

<Aubrienne> For the moment, I just want to say I'm happy to help you with whatever you need.

<Ander> .. I appreciate that.

<Aubrienne> What are you planning to do with it?

<Ander> An' it ain't an imposition, if you want it.

<Ander> Like I said, it only takes but a few seconds, an' I guess I'm gonna have to get used to doin' it more often, the more folks find out.

<Aubrienne> Any chance I can take a rain check?

<Aubrienne> Not to be disrespectful.

<Aubrienne> I'd just like to give it some thought.

<Ander> Yeah, no rush. Unless I die, I spose.

<Denise> I still say we get aunt hettie to make you like, some kinda disguise :3

<Aubrienne> Well, I assume you're taking precautions against that.

<Ander> It's somethin' I try an' avoid, as a general rule.

  • Aubrienne smiles at that.

<Aubrienne> So, like I was saying, what are you planning to do with it?

<Ander> It seems like it's kinda my job to let folks have it, if they want it. But I don't feel like I oughta rush out in the street an' start handin' it out to everyone an' their brother.

<Aubrienne> Yeah

<Ander> So far it's been close friends.

<Aubrienne> It seems like finding out who needs it is the really tricky part.

<Denise> :3

<Ander> But it seems like the word's gettin' out already. Maybe Denise's idea of a costume an' a mask ain't a terrible one.

<Aubrienne> I believe that's already going around, so why not?

<Denise> I figure the harder part'll be knwin' if folks.... do know what ti all means

<Ander> Yeah, the Phantom Rat. I guess if folks think it's him doin' it, all the better for me not gettin' bumped off :p

<Aubrienne> Maybe not so great for him, though. ;)

<Ander> heh

<Aubrienne> I could try a Divination on it? It's not precise or anything, but I did just pick it up, so I'm looking for an excuse.

<Ander> Sure, I guess it can't hurt.

<Aubrienne> The First World was very educational.

<Denise> I didn't get any neat things comin' back :(

  • Aubrienne will cast Divination, asking "Who should Ander give shapeshifting to next?"

<Aubrienne> Well, I kind of reverse-engineered it, Denise.

<Aubrienne> Theater knew how to do it, and I remember a lot, so it was just working backwards.

<Denise> aww, still

<Aubrienne> Besides, maybe you did get something and just don't know it yet.

<Aubrienne> ;)

<Denise> I guess

<Denise> well at least I ain't made a wood

<Aubrienne> So there's that.

<Ander> (okay, Aubrienne, after 10 minutes of casting, you get the answer "the ghost of a rat")

  • Ander nibbles at his now-cold toast while waiting for the spell to finish

<Denise> :V

<Denise> THE PHANTOM RAT :V :V :V

<Denise> (sorry, possibly too soon, but its coming)

<Aubrienne> Okay, well, what I'm getting is you need to pass the ability on to "the ghost of a rat"

<Denise> :V

<Denise> THE PHANTOM RAT :V :V :V

<Ander> maybe

  • Ander thinks on that a bit

<Denise> or...maybe the ghost?

<Aubrienne> That would be my thought, yes, Denise, but it is just one interpretation.

<Denise> Can you giev ti to a ghost

<Denise> ?

<Ander> I got no clue @_@

<Aubrienne> The ghost?

<Denise> there's a ghost in the sewers

<Denise> who led folks who stayed behind when other folks Emerged.

<Ander> there's a ghost... one of our ancestors. well one of mine >.> hangin' out in the sewers an' guardin' ... dunno, somethin' that ain't even there no more. maybe it means I can help him move on.

<Aubrienne> It's worth a shot, I would think.

<Ander> or, hell, maybe I am supposed to track down the jackass in the costume an' give it to him.

<Aubrienne> Letting him finally rest seems a worthwhile goal regardless.

<Denise> or its the phantom rat

  • Denise agrees

<Aubrienne> Well, we can *also* try to find the guy in the costume, yes.

  • Denise makes KNowing Eyebrows at aubrienne when anders mentions guarding things

<Denise> (Ander, sheesh)

<Aubrienne> Not to invite myself into your business, M. Suterre.

<Aubrienne> But, as I said, I'm willing to help however possible.

<Ander> Oh I think you're pretty thoroughly up in this business.

  • Aubrienne grins

<Aubrienne> I seem to have a habit of that.

<Denise> what about the folks who are lookin' for... the thing? >.>

<Denise> are they gonna be a problem?

<Aubrienne> I don't think so, but I can do some, ah, damage control in that regard.

  • Aubrienne looks at Ander

<Aubrienne> Are you Vjestaci? Or Castalia-trained?

<Ander> Vjestaci, but I ain't real close with them. I mean I'm still on the rolls, I'm sure.

<Aubrienne> Well, how would you like to handle them? I'm sure they'd be real interested, and they are some of the keepers of our people's lore...

<Aubrienne> But it seems like you're kind of making new lore here. ;)

<Ander> My worry is, whoever finds out about this, they're gonna wanna either use it for their own ends, or decide I'm too much trouble an' try an' bump me off.

<Ander> But the Patriarch already knows, an' the channels, or least some of them, so shit, why not some of the Vjestaci too. least the higher up ones.

<Aubrienne> Do you want to meet with them? I think I can arrange it.

<Aubrienne> Getting the word out quietly to some of the leaders of our people doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

<Ander> Well, like you said - maybe gimme a bit to think on that.

<Aubrienne> Sounds good.

<Ander> I ain't opposed to it, but I wanna find out more 'bout who I think I can trust in there.

<Aubrienne> Of course.

<Ander> I guess I know where I can get in touch with you.

<Aubrienne> My liege ;)

<Denise> :D

<Ander> heh

<Ander> just Ander's okay

<Aubrienne> Aubrienne...though I guess you knew that.

<Aubrienne> I look forward to working with you.

  • Ander offers his hand to shake
  • Aubrienne smiles and shakes your hand

<Aubrienne> (Good there, I assume?)

<Ander> (yup, seems like a good stopping point :)

<Aubrienne> (Coolio)

<Denise> (yes. though now I realize I shoudl ask aubrienne sometime about Auggie ;p)

Argent shows Zola and Denise the stuff he and Margaux found in the sewers

<Zola> So... you found all this stuff where again?

<Argent> like I said, I found the stuff in the stone structure that Amanita was standing on when we found her underground.

  • Zola shudders a little

<Argent> Margaux and I went back to check on things, just in case

<Zola> Was there anything else... less inert? >_>

<Denise> I'm sorry I couldn't make it - I hope there weren't no trouble

<Argent> there was a lingering presence of those Cyst brain things... anyone in the hut, for a better word, could hear it

<Argent> made Margaux hurt herself

<Denise> that don't sound good >..

<Denise> is she alright now?

<Argent> I was able to fight it off, gathered this stuff, and destroyed what I figured was a summoning circle inside

<Denise> huh

<Argent> Yeah, she's a paladin and tough

<Denise> she's a spokeman? How'd I not know that :o

<Argent> she's not officially anything anymore

<Denise> huh

  • Zola peeRs out at the items arrayed on the couch in front of her
  • Denise too

<Argent> Margaux used to be the guardian of the arch, she's officially pensioned off now, or something like that.

<Zola> Awful young to be retired :P

<Argent> I guess she started young?

<Denise> hmm.

<Zola> Even still :P

  • Denise looks thoughful

<Denise> does she know all kinda things about the arch then?

  • Denise knew this before bt it is now relevant to her life for Reaons >.>

<Argent> She's experienced things most people haven't would be the best way to put it.

<Zola> Sounds creepy, if you ask me...

<Zola> ... what's it want with little girls? That's a red flag, if I've ever seen one.

<Denise> I dunno, I dind't know it was just girls :o

<Denise> it is kinda creepy though >.>

  • Denise looks at the suff

<Denise> (stuff - but someone remind me what there is?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (a cloak, a circlet, a pair of gloves, a cauldron, and a necklace

<Argent> It was a different way of growing up, I'll agree with you, and she did miss out on some things... she has a good heart

<Zola> Yeah, I didn't mean to cast any aspersions her way.

<Zola> Well, I guess we'll start with the witch's cauldron?

<Argent> ok

  • Zola will get Argent to write down what she finds so as not to have to mess with it while she's casting.
  • Argent finds some paper
  • Zola will cast detect magic on the cauldron and focus for the required rounds
  • Zola likely has to help him find a notepad under a pile of bras and boas or something

<Zola> (:P)

<Argent> <w> soon people will know the disaster that is my handwriting

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, you can make your spellcraft roll on the cauldron)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 15 ]
  • Denise grins

<Zola> (lol)

<Denise> better'n mine

<Zola> (What aura?)

<DiablotinNarrator> well, it's faint transmutation, but you don't know what it does.

<Zola> That was a bust :/

<Zola> Faint transmutation but I'm not sure what it does...

  • Argent writes it down

<Zola> Maybe we should have grabbed Hugo :/

  • Zola checks the necklace...

<Argent> if this doesnt work...

<Argent> (maybe you should hit yourself with heroism?)

<Zola> (Sure that works)

<Denise> or Aubrienne :3

<Zola> (oh hey, I have gallant inspiration)

  • Zola looks frustrated and will cast Heroism on herself, and be ready for Gallant Inspiration if she gets frustrated again
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 15 ]

<Zola> (17 lol)

  • Zola looks exasperated and casts Gallant Inspiration
  • Zola rolls [ 2d4 ] getting [ 3 4 ] for a total of [ 7 ]

<Zola> (24 total)

<DiablotinNarrator> is that for the necklace?

<Zola> (Yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> moderate transmutation, you believe it would help someone breathe in adverse conditions like if there was poison gas or they were underwater or the like.

  • Zola sighs in relief

<Zola> Moderate transmutation... this should let you breath when you shouldn't be able to... underwater, or in poison gas...

<Zola> Maybe spores too?

<Denise> cool!

  • Argent takes notes
  • Zola sets the necklace aside

<Argent> sounds useful

  • Zola will try the rest in order
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 19 ]

<Zola> (If that's a fail I'll do another GI)

<DiablotinNarrator> (in what order?)

<Zola> (cloak, circlet, gloves)

<DiablotinNarrator> that is a fail for the cloak

  • Zola rolls [ 2d4 ] getting [ 3 4 ] for a total of [ 7 ]

<DiablotinNarrator> it's faint abjuration

<Zola> (26 for the cloak )

<DiablotinNarrator> it has too much stuff for me to summarize easily so http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-the-dark-tapestry (but the name might be interesting...)

<Zola> (So Zola'd recognize it by name?)

<Zola> Well, of course...

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'll say yes)

<Zola> Faint abjuration... it has a bunch of different abilities... and it's a Cloud of the Dark Tapestry >_>

  • Zola spreads it out a bit and looks at the design <_<

<Denise> that don't sound good...

  • Denise eyes it dubiously

<Argent> Cloak of the Dark Tapestry

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's starry and pretty ;)

<Argent> is it dangerous?

<Zola> Well, it works for good folk, not evil, so there's that...

<Denise> hmm

<Zola> No, it's not that powerful...

<Zola> You can put it on and make it match the sky above...

  • Zola will list the other abilities.

<Zola> It just goes with the whole set, I guess.

<Zola> Well, moving on...

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 25 ]

<Zola> (circlet)

<Denise> there's a set?

<DiablotinNarrator> faint transmutation, increases the wearer's charisma-based checks by +3

<Zola> Oh, now this is lovely, I've been thinking about one of these...

  • Argent takes notes

<Zola> It's a Circlet of Persuasion

<Zola> Makes you more charismatic :)

<Denise> aww, you do' need that ^_^

<Zola> One never can be too charming :)

  • Zola will now try the gloves
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 23 ]
  • Zola rolls [ 2d4 ] getting [ 3 3 ] for a total of [ 6 ]

<Zola> (29 if I fail, I'll cast GI)

<DiablotinNarrator> faint conjuration, gives the wearer a +5 bonus on Heal checks

<Zola> Faint conjuration... it gives you a boost to your healing knowledge... the mundane kind.

<Zola> The cauldron, I'm not going to be able to help you with until tomorrow, unless we can find someone else to cast it for us.

<Argent> most seem to be utilitarian.. makes me wonder why they were there.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I wonder whose they were

<Zola> Maybe they're just Amanita's basic things...

<Zola> She might want them back, if so?

<Argent> The magic in the cauldron is weak, so I'll just leave it here for you to try again tomorrow

<Denise> they do't seem liek they'd be so much to to a faerie queen :3

<Zola> No, I suppose not.

<Denise> how long d'ou think that stuf was there for?

  • Denise asks Argent

<Argent> and if she really wanted them, why not just pop back and get them, or send someone? She may not have even known they were there.

<Zola> Wasn't she right in where you found them?

<Argent> I'm not sure... I didn't have much time to investigate.

<Zola> It could just be that she doesn't want to go back there for any reason... and I couldn't blame her...

  • Zola remembers the horrible pink mothman

<Argent> (can I remember if there was a lot of dust or anything like that would indicate how long they were there?)

  • Zola will look things over to see if anything looks particularly old, but magic items often have a rather timeless quality, so she's not very confident she can reveal any clues >_>

<Zola> Bastien, why haven't your learned Detect Magic yet, hmm?

<Argent> we found her on top, not inside... she may have been inside before we were there?

  • Zola looks at him reproachfully

<Denise> well, why don't I go see if I can find Aubriene? or Hugo I guess... an see if they can figure out the cauldron?

<DiablotinNarrator> (Argent, it's hard to tell as the fungus had grown over a lot of things, but the cauldron at least for instance had dust in it - perhaps had been there a long time. the gloves and necklace and circlet were sort of stored neatly, you think, but the cloak was dropped more hastily)

<Zola> Sure!

<DiablotinNarrator> (Zola, the gloves are definitely leather - possibly rat leather? you're not an expert though.)

  • Denise will step out and see who she can find :3

<Argent> well, the cauldron had dust in it... the gloves, necklace, and circlet were stored neatly, and the cloak looked like it had been dropped hastily

  • Zola squints at it

<Zola> This leather does look a little wierd.

<Argent> but with thte fungus grown over stuff and dieing and powdering, its hard to say for sure

  • Zola regrets neglecting her appraisals homework :V
  • Argent will examine the leather as well, now that Zola mentioned it... maybe my survival skill can help identify its source?

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure, you can make a Survival roll)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+17

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 27 ].
  • Denise will come back in after a little while

<Zola> I suppose the necklace would be quite sensible for an undercity dweller.

<Denise> I didn't see 'em but I left messages for folks to send 'em this way

<Argent> we could just ask Titania, she's a sorceror isn't she?

<DiablotinNarrator> (You believe it is probably rat or another small animal like rabbit or squirrel, and the way it's been tanned/processed is not quite like what you'd expect nowadays, so it could be old undercity leather)

<Denise> ....the boss is :3

<Zola> Well that's true, too, isn't it?

<Zola> I could give him a little inspiration too, and that'd probably tell us what we need to know.

<Argent> its rat or some other small animal...tanned differently, so undercity leather... there were rat markings on the stone hut, I just didnt stick around to clear off all the fungus to read them

<Denise> oooOOoooo

  • Denise looks at them

<Argent> if Ander isn't busy and is willing

<Denise> I can ask :3

<Zola> We can leave all this stuff here... my room locks and Bastien can stay with it.

  • Zola lets Argent carry the dirty cauldron >_>

<Argent> sure

  • Denise will go see if she can get her boss to identify some random magic items? :3
  • DiablotinNarrator is now known as Ander

<Argent> look its almost as big as your bra

<Denise> (oh are we bringing it to him?)

  • Argent holds up the cauldron

<Zola> Hahaha

  • Zola swats Argent

<Denise> heh

<Denise> biggern' mine, anyway p

<Denise> :

<Denise> :P

<Zola> YEah but you could probably run around with a pair of those strapped on and not worry too much >_>

<Argent> I thought it was a bike helmet when I saw it

<Zola> And then you wondered where Amanita parked her motorcycle? :P

  • Ander can be located at his usual table

<Denise> (is he busy?)

<Argent> not the cauldron Zola

  • Argent teases
  • Zola smacks him again

<Zola> (on the shoulder)

<Argent> (it feels like smacking steel)

  • Zola does look a little puzzled at that
  • Ander is between conversations at the moment
  • Zola gives it a squeeze to see if that's armour or just muscle
  • Denise will go over

<Argent> (both)

<Denise> Hey boss....

<Ander> Hey Dee, what's up?

<Ander> ... tell me that thing's full of punch :)

<Denise> Um, we were wonderin' if maybe you could do us a favour an look at some magic things that Argent found

  • Zola gives Ander a little wave from where she and Argent have held back

<Denise> heh, I dunno if I'd drink out of it >.>

<Ander> Sure, I guess so.

<Zola> Great, because I totally bungled this one...

  • Zola gestures at the cauldron
  • Argent will set it on the table
  • Ander takes a look at it
  • Zola will begin to sing quietly when he casts Detect Magic

<Zola> (+4 to his roll :V)

<Ander> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for Ander: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 20 ].

<Denise> (well)

<Ander> Where'd you find this?

  • Zola continues singing not entirely sure if that means he's done or not...

<Denise> it was down where we found Amanita

<Ander> It's for alchemy - it can keep liquids you put in it hot, an' makes your alchemy stuff better.

<Zola> Huh.

<Zola> You think Amanita's an alchemist?

<Ander> I mean I guess you could use it for cookin' or whatever too, if you didn't have a fire, but it'd be better for alchemy.

<Argent> I suppose it has its uses...

  • Zola asks not-Ander
  • Zola makes a face

<Zola> I wouldn't want to eat from that after who knows what unholy concoctions were brewed @_@

<Ander> You found it down in the undercity? it's prolly an old Rat thing.

<Argent> you could wash it first

<Zola> Yeah, the leather gloves looked a little wierd, andArgent thought they might be rat leather.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> mayb them mushroom guys were usin' it >.>

  • Zola is just not sure the cauldron can be washed enough ...

<Argent> thank you for the help, we don't want to take up more of your time.

<Denise> thanks boss :3

<Ander> No problem. You might wanna take that thing to the Vjestaci or someone.

<Zola> So I guess maybe some of it's from Amanita, and some of it's been sitting down there for who knows how long?

  • Zola says once we've stepped away.

<Denise> I guess so :3

<Argent> seems the best explaination with what we know

<Argent> I'm just glad none are cursed or dangerous

  • Zola will unlock her room once we get back

<Zola> That we know of... :)

<Denise> I wonder what was goin' on

<Zola> Only an amateur makes a cursed item you can figure out with a simple detect magic casting :)

<Denise> what are we gonna do with it>

<Argent> if you say so, not one for making cursed items

<Zola> I guess you could find out which ones belonged to rat folk and see where they belong now?

<Denise> okay

  • Zola silently says goodbye to the circlet ;_;

<Denise> well definitely Aubrienne's the one to ask 'bout all that, she knows the Vjestaci

<Zola> The cloak though... maybe we should show that to the Chief Sorcerer...

<Zola> It's not very powerful but maybe it has some bearing in all this...

<Denise> okay

<Argent> I don't necessarily follow, it may be named similar to that incantation, but its nothing really special or similar to the artifact that was used?

<Denise> I guess since it weren't with the old stuff tha' be okay

  • Argent will pile the gloves and the circlet into the cauldron

<Zola> That might be all of it, yeah, but it's no harm in letting him see it... and even though it's not that big of a coincidence... I'm not much for coincidences at all around this...

<Zola> The Dark Tapestry itself has been found...

<Zola> ... on my father's drawing room wall :|

<Denise> o_O

<Argent> The Dark Tapestry is a real thing, not some sort of metaphor for the night sky?

<Denise> really?

<Denise> huh

<Denise> what is it?

<Denise> other than. like, a tapestry >.>

<Zola> Yeah, it's a real thing, and a metaphor... possibly in a non-metaphorical sense...

<Zola> It's a chart of the stars and it can be used to see the future, if you know how.

<Zola> The Codex is used in conjunction with it...

<Argent> wow

<Zola> And, interestingly enough, it has a tear. It shouldn't have a tear.

<Zola> Artifacts don't tear... OR show up in my father's house...

<Argent> yeah, why was it in your father's house?

<Zola> So just in case that little cloak has something to do with it, I'd like Loick to take a look at it.

<Zola> Because he thought it would look good on his drawing room wall, and he bought it -_-

<Zola> He didn't even know it was magic, let alone so powerful...

<Denise> ...huh

<Zola> (I'm assuming Loick took it, Julie? :P)

<Denise> that's a heck of a cincidence :o

<Zola> Yeah :|

<Ander> (yes)

<Argent> who sold it to him?

<Zola> That's why I insisted we should let the Chief Sorcerer have it... and maybe we could cut his losses by saying he wanted to magnanimously give the Cozovode back their priceless treasure

<Zola> Some woman, clearly shifty, I don't know who...

<Denise> huh

<Argent> its a very strange story, if you ask me

<Denise> yeah o_O

<Zola> I don't like it one bit.

<Argent> is your dad known to host parties and show off stuff?

<Zola> (I'd guess not particularly?)

<Denise> maybe it was a set up for her t steal it back >.>

<Zola> Well, that was why I knew it couldn't stay in their house, just ...sitting on a wall in the drawing room.

<Zola> And he did show it around to some of his friends, but he's not really a big collector of objets d'art

<Zola> The big dummy -_-

<Argent> So it was you that recognized it?

<Argent> nobody else that you're aware?

<Zola> Who knows about anyone else he invited over...

<Zola> I doubt he'd have realized if any of his other guests did... maybe mother...

<Denise> why'd he want somethin' like that?

<Denise> like, was it magic?

<Denise> I mean, that made him buy it

<Zola> I suppose it could have been.

<Zola> I've been thinking I should get a memory of her from Daddy so I can show Loick who teh saleswoman is...

<Zola> Maybe I'll see something fishy.

<Argent> it seems like a crazy risky plan as a way to either hide it or transport it to a third party.

<Zola> I just assumed he has more money than sense >_>

<Argent> even if there was compulsion involved

<Zola> Unless they wanted me to find it, I suppose.

<Argent> if thats the case, then it likely ended up right where they wanted it to be

<Denise> mayeb you oughtta go see what happened wit our dad buyin' it

<Zola> Maybe, but I couldn't very well leave it at my parents' house... maybe they couldn't sell it safely and wanted it returned >_>

<Argent> or maybe whoever had it was in trouble and just sold it for quick cash

<Argent> Sometimes the simplest answers are the right ones

<Zola> That would be lovely...

<Argent> take the cloak to Loick for a look... we'll bring the rest to Aubrienne

  • Zola nods

<Zola> It'll probably amount to nothing special... maybe just a nice accessory for the codex -_-

<Argent> and if they end up not belonging to anyone... maybe a little circlet could be in your future

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> I do imagine I could make it go well with a dress or two :)

Lathra visits Marika in jail

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so you want to go and talk to Marika?

<Lathra> Yup! That's the plan, if I'm allowed in to see her :)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, they'll let you in

  • Lathra strolls in and takes a moment to see how Marika's doing
  • Marika is sitting on the floor of her cell, making some kind of arrangement with pebbles and straw she's found somewhere

<Lathra> Hey

  • Marika glances up long enough to see who it is, and then goes back to her design

<Lathra> Aha! Yes, well that's about right.

<Marika> what is

  • Marika doesn't look up and her voice is flat

<Lathra> Look, that girl you attacked... she really did want to help you, but she wasn't helping. And she wouldn't give up, because she thought that made her good.

<Lathra> But I'm not really her any more, not exactly. And I can see that you aren't good for me. So this is goodbye, and for what it's worth, good luck.

  • Marika glances up slightly at that

<Marika> how did you get to not be her anymore?

  • Lathra stops mid turn-towards-the-door

<Lathra> I could say "stupid magic bullshit" and it'd be true, but I think it was more about seeing myself from somebody else's perspective.

<Marika> can you just... stop. being someone?

<Lathra> I think you can, yeah, a bit. I'm still parts of her. Just... not all of the parts.

  • Lathra walks out the door
  • Marika doesn't even yell any insults after you

Zola brings Loick more troubling magic

  • Zola will drop by her parents' place to steal some of her father's memories :3
  • Zola will then head to Loick's office with the cloak
  • Loick can be located at work

<Zola> Good afternoon, Chief Sorcerer.

  • Zola provides him a pleasant smile

<Loick> Good afternoon, Mlle. Zola :)

<Zola> Please, it's just Zola :)

<Loick> very well, then

<Zola> How goes your day?

<Loick> Busy, and a bit stressful, to be honest.

<Zola> I can imagine that old rug didn't help >_>

<Loick> It's one of the factors, yes.

<Zola> I suppose it's no surprise that that's what brings me here today :)

<Zola> I thought it might help make things go more smoothly for daddy if you had a bit more to pin down the woman who sold it to him...

<Loick> (how many days later were you thinking this would be? like the following day, or 2-3 days later maybe?)

<Loick> (just trying to decide how far he might have gotten in his research)

<Zola> (sec, checking timeline)

<Zola> (Probably not the very next day, but not too long either, so maybe 2 days?)

<Loick> (okay)

<Loick> I'd certainly be interested in any further information he can provide about her.

<Zola> Well, he's certainly willing to answer any questions at all to help... but I thought a picture of her in your mind's eye might be even better...

<Zola> I just came from pilfering a few memories ... with his permission of course :)

  • Loick chuckles

<Zola> I got a glimpse of when she first approached him, and when he made the final purchase...

<Loick> That would be helpful, I imagine.

  • Zola will set the conspicuously starry cloak aside for now
  • Zola extends a hand
  • Loick accepts it graciously
  • Zola will cast her spell and share the memories with him...
  • Zola will also review them as she does for anything suggesting her father was charmed or compelled >_>

<Loick> (you don't think he was charmed, at least not in the parts you saw)

<Zola> (And was she Cozovode? I forget that part)

<Loick> (yes, she was)

<Zola> There...

<Loick> Thank you - that's quite a handy spell.

<Zola> Of course what you missed in the middle was all of daddy's concern over this stolen Cozovode artifact and how ever could it find its way home if he doesn't step up >_>

<Zola> Yes, I am quite fond of it myself :)

  • Loick chuckles

<Zola> Other people are less fond when I share with them the memory of that dreadful cyst thing crawling out of Amanita @_@

<Loick> I can imagine so...

<Loick> It's not a pretty sight.

<Zola> You've seen it?

<Loick> Yes...

  • Zola looks a little disturbed

<Zola> It's not ... happening to a lot of people is it? >_>

<Zola> Possession?

<Loick> I sincerely hope not.

  • Zola looks relieved
  • Zola gestures at the cloak

<Zola> This was the other thing I wanted to ask you about.

<Loick> hm?

  • Loick glances over at it

<Loick> What's this?

<Zola> It's just a little thing, really... Argent found it where we fought to free Amanita

<Zola> But it's a Cloak of the Dark Tapestry, so I thought maybe I'd bring it in anyway

<Loick> Ahh... interesting.

  • Loick takes a look at it

<Zola> I'm SURE it's just a matching accessory for the Codex... but what if it isn't?

<Zola> I'm not interested in coincidences after the Tapestry itself showed up in my parents' house >_>

<Loick> The Dark Tapestry - not just the specific item - is a broad concept in Cozovode theology and philosophy.

  • Zola nods.

<Loick> In the most straightforward interpretation, it refers in a poetic fashion to the night sky and the stars, but it's more than that.

<Zola> Yes, I had thought of that... what if it's just the Cloak of the Night Sky with a prettier name...

<Zola> ...prettier and more ominous...

<Loick> heh

<Loick> But it also has additional layers of meaning - as the Cozovode believe that the life force that drives all beings is 'star substance', then the Dark Tapestry is the... weaving together, I suppose, of the entire world.

<Zola> So... just a coincidence then.

<Loick> And beyond the world, in the broadest sense - the planes and so forth included - are the forces that are not contained in the tapestry.

<Loick> I'm not sure

  • Loick says, re. the coincidence comment

<Loick> It could be, but I'm not inclined to dismiss anything out of hand right now

<Zola> Well, we probably ought to see if she wants it back anyhow, even if it is just a coincidence, so it's probably best to leave it with you :)

  • Zola nods

<Zola> Do you ... have any idea as to why it might be here, now?

<Zola> And that tear? Like it was rent when Amanita took us to the First World??

<Loick> It's likely of Cozovode origin. Whether it came from the same source as your father's acquisition, I'm not sure.

<Loick> And yes, from the description of what happened, that seems likely.

<Loick> What other implications that might have, we're still trying to determine.

  • Zola nods

<Zola> Maybe Amanita will lend you the Codex? :)

<Loick> The Codex is necessary for the full use of the item, at least as far as I can tell. So yes, that would be helpful!

<Loick> Meanwhile, we would like very much for the Cozovode not to decide to murder us all in our sleep in order to get this back.

<Zola> Yes, I told my parents not to say anything to anyone...

  • Loick nods

<Zola> Presenting it as a major target for murderous thieves seemed reasonable.

<Loick> A not-implausible ruse.

<Loick> Since I do think there are people who would murder to get their hands on this.

<Loick> Perhaps who already have.

<Zola> It was stolen in a monastery fire after all >_>

<Loick> yes

<Zola> Well, that's it then... you'll let me know if you learn anything that isn't so dangerous you can't share? :)

  • Loick smiles at that

<Loick> I'd be glad to. Perhaps over a drink :)

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> That might be arranged... I'm sure a consultation with the Chief Sorcerer requiresa bit more than that most of the time :)

<Loick> Well, it depends who's doing the consulting :)

<Zola> And you'll think about my spin, won't you, if you return it to the Cozovode?

<Zola> It might make the loss smart a little less if he gets to look like a good samaritan :)

<Loick> Of course - in fact, I hope that your father's name wouldn't enter into it at all, if possible.

<Zola> You'd think that's better?

<Loick> ... if the Cozovode are as angry as I'm expecting, yes.

  • Zola sighs

<Zola> Well it's not like we robbed them >_>

<Zola> I'll tell daddy to keep hush hush

<Loick> I see you've never had the pleasure of negotiations with elves :)

<Zola> Not political ones, at least...

  • Loick chuckles

<Zola> Well, thanks for your help....

<Zola> I knew it was the right thing to get it out of there as soon as I could!

  • Zola will lean in and give him a peck on the cheek :3
  • Loick does not seem to mind that at all
  • Zola leaves the cloak with him and heads back out into the big wild world

<Loick> Lovely to see you again, Zola. Thank you for your help, and I'll be in touch.

<Zola> I'll say hello to Hugo for you too :3

  • Loick 's hand might stay on your arm a bit longer than strictly polite as he sees you out ;)
  • Zola is a touchy-feely kinda gal :3