Diablotin 3 session 20

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 20 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: August 30, 2015
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> The start of Second-month begins with the celebration of the first anniversary of the war's end. Parties and festivities are somewhat overshadowed, however, by the continued icy weather and perhaps the muted feelings of those who served or who lost family members and friends, and are still harbouring that pain.

Hettie and Nycki make plans to find the Rat treasure

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, Nycki is a bit subdued and withdrawn after your visit to Maze, but you can get a chance to talk to her several days later.

<Denise> (Georges :( )

<Hettienne> (where are we?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can be where you want - at your house, or hers, or out somewhere? wherever you think you might want to broach this subject of 'so, you lied to me some more' ;)

<Hettienne> (sigh)

<Hettienne> (at my house i guess)

<Nycki> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> Fortunately lately Denise is out a lot more with this boyfriend of hers, so you have the place to yourselves

<Hettienne> (heh)

  • Hettienne has poured them both a drink, and comes over to sit next to Nycki.
  • Hettienne hands you the glass.
  • Nycki looks up as she takes it

<Nycki> thanks

<Hettienne> Cheers.

<Nycki> yeah, cheers

<Hettienne> How you doin' babe?

<Nycki> well, okay I guess

<Nycki> I dunno why it's eatin' at me so much

<Hettienne> What part of it?

<Nycki> all of it

<Nycki> is he just makin' up some shit to fool with me? why should I even care?

<Hettienne> It kinda seems like... maybe he were more to you than what you told me

<Nycki> >.>

<Nycki> maybe

<Hettienne> :/

  • Nycki sighs

<Nycki> I knew him when I were a kid. But like, I didn't know who he was then.

<Hettienne> Why didn't you want to say?

<Nycki> He told me not to tell anyone.

<Nycki> ... I know you're prolly thinkin' it sounds like he was some creep messin' with a little girl, but it weren't like that.

<Hettienne> I just... I don't get it. You'd tell me he's the boss off the Hush but not that you knew him growin' up.

<Nycki> I know :(

<Nycki> I don't mean to lie to you. it just comes out sometimes an' then I dunno how to fix it without makin' it worse.

  • Nycki looks into her drink
  • Hettienne looks down at hers.

<Hettienne> I guess when it's your job it's hard to stop.

<Hettienne> Please just... say you'll try

<Nycki> it ain't just that. I think it's just .. me.

  • Hettienne finds her eyes unexpectedly stinging and waterin.

<Nycki> I'll try.

  • Nycki says quietly

<Hettienne> I wanna be ab;e to trust you, Nyck...

<Nycki> I know :/

<Hettienne> I'm just a dumb fuck who's still in love with you.

  • Nycki looks over at you
  • Hettienne says with a hitch in her voice.

<Nycki> I love you too, babe.

  • Hettienne leans her head against your shoulder.

<Nycki> If I can't tell you stuff sometimes, it don't mean I don't...

<Hettienne> Nycki...

<Hettienne> I'm a fuckin' mess for you.

<Nycki> :(

<Hettienne> Must be that time of the month.

<Nycki> Maybe you were better off without me, huh?

  • Hettienne sniffles and forces a little chuckle.

<Hettienne> No, babe, never.

  • Nycki takes your hand.
  • Hettienne squeezes it hard.

<Nycki> this is just stupid shit. like, it don't matter if he told me twenty years ago not to say anything. what's it gonna matter now?

<Hettienne> Why don't you... why don't you tell me 'bout your treasure?

  • Nycki smiles

<Nycki> yeah

<Nycki> so, it was a story my grandma told me when I was a little one, 'bout some big treasure our folks used to have, but we lost it when we came up to the surface.

<Hettienne> what was it?

<Nycki> Fucked if I know. I think she meant it to be like, our culture, our language, maybe, that sorta shit. I was little, I figured it was gold coins an' jewels.

<Nycki> I met him, like, explorin' down in the sewers, lookin' for it. I mighta been, I dunno, six or seven?

<Hettienne> maybe it's some magical shit :3

<Nycki> maybe!

<Nycki> He was nice about it, like. Told me it was dangerous down there, but he wasn't like some grown-ups where they'd just scoop me up an' take me back home for a whupping or whatever.

<Hettienne> We oughtta go look again.

<Nycki> you wanna?

<Hettienne> Hell yeah!

  • Nycki smiles

<Nycki> okay

<Nycki> well, we got his clues, sorta. if he ain't just pullin' my leg.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Nycki> The boneyard... there's a big old place down there where our folks would put their dead. That's my best guess on that.

<Nycki> they tried to seal it all off

<Hettienne> Damn...

<Hettienne> That is some spooky shit.

<Hettienne> I love it.

<Nycki> I think that's what he was doin' down there... back in the day. like, chekin' stuff was sealed up proper an' all that.

  • Nycki smiles

<Nycki> It ain't never sealed up so good that we can't figure out a way in, though.

<Hettienne> 'Course not...

  • Hettienne grins.

<Nycki> Your Denise's boy there... he's clever on the underground. If we get stuck, might be we could ask them for some help on it.

<Hettienne> What, like a double date? :v

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> sure, like that :)

<Hettienne> I'll ask 'em...

<Nycki> it'll be good, doin' somethin' like this with you. like old times, workin' together.

<Hettienne> Yeah.

  • Hettienne nuzzles into your hair.

<Hettienne> :3

  • Nycki leans close to you

<Nycki> I'm sorry I fucked up, Hettie

<Hettienne> We'll keep workin'...

  • Nycki nods

<Hettienne> I know I ain't perfect neither.

<Hettienne> I love you babe.

<Nycki> love you too

<Hettienne> I don't wanna lose you ever again

  • Nycki smiles at that
  • Nycki kisses you
  • Hettienne puts her arm around your waist and snuggles closer.

<Hettienne> (*smooches*)

Dorien takes Misery to meet Korisse

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you wanted to take Misery to meet Korisse?

<Dorien> (Yes, plz)

<DiablotinNarrator> It takes a bit of doing to arrange a time to meet with her, as she's quite busy, but you can manage to get in to see her eventually

<Dorien> I assume I would have contacted her agent or assistant or whoever to set up an appointment

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah

  • Misery will wear a nice blue dress for the meeting, figuring this is probably the kind of thing you dress up for.
  • Dorien will attempt to look nice as well.
  • Korisse 's assistant will probably see you in as well
  • Misery tries not to fidget nervously
  • Korisse looks like she may have started the day well put together, but has become a little more frazzled as things went along
  • Dorien wil smile when he sees her.

<Dorien> You look just as busy as ever.

  • Korisse is taking off a work apron as you join her in the small office space of her studio, the walls of which are covered in art black and white photos and stills from movies

<Korisse> Hello, Dorien - I try, anyway!

<Dorien> It's good to see you, Korisse.

<Korisse> And you must be... Misery? is that right?

<Misery> Yes, ma'am.

  • Korisse asks, perhaps a tad anxiously
  • Korisse nods

<Dorien> How's work?

<Korisse> chaotic at the moment...

  • Dorien nods

<Korisse> un, please, have a seat...

<Dorien> Thank you...

  • Korisse looks around, glad that her assistant has, in fact, cleared some space
  • Misery will have a seat as instructed

<Dorien> I ummm... I see you're very busy, so I'll try not to take up too much of your time...

<Dorien> I assume Mme. Sormet told you why we're here?

  • Korisse smiles

<Korisse> she said you were looking to set up an apprenticeship?

  • Korisse looks between the two

<Dorien> Hopefully. Or something similar.

  • Misery nods

<Korisse> I admit I was a little surprised - I hadn't really given the idea a lot of thought before, with my current work....

  • Dorien nods.

<Korisse> Are you, um, familiar with my work?

  • Korisse asks, a bit hesitantly, to Misery

<Misery> I've seen some of your films, ma'am. Not all of them. But I saw 'Hearts Divided' three times... that was my favourite.

  • Korisse smiles and maybe blushes a bit

<Misery> it was so sad!

<Korisse> thank you...

<Korisse> yes... that didn't play well for all audiences, I'm afraid, but I was quiet fond of the effect

<Korisse> but, ah - in terms of alchemy, I was thinking more of my other work

<Korisse> speaking of effects

<Misery> oh, ah, right.

<Korisse> though there is some of that in hearts divided, it is a bit more subtle...

<Misery> I've seen things in your films, but I suppose I don't know what was done by you...

  • Korisse bites her lip
  • Korisse nods

<Misery> Was the effect with the fire tracing the outline of their silhouettes your doing?

  • Korisse will give some examples for more populist big budget films - big explosions, moster effects, etc

<Misery> because that was very pretty

<Korisse> oh yes....

  • Dorien smiles

<Korisse> that was much trickier than it looked!

  • Misery nods

<Dorien> She's got a really good eye for detail. And she's a good alchemist. I've trained her on a lot of the basics.

  • Korisse nods'

<Korisse> Photography, and film, have a very interesting relationship with film... it's not quite traditional, though not as, mm, philosopical, maybe, as some of Dorien's interests

  • Misery gives a look that says 'Dorien's interests are philosophical? :o'
  • Korisse looks at him
  • Dorien grins

<Korisse> Unless things have changed... I'm sorry to assume

  • Korisse looks a bit concerned/embarassed

<Dorien> I admit I'm a bit more... grounded... these days

<Korisse> that's a shame :|

<Dorien> I guess life does that to you.

<Korisse> I know it was... a very big setback

<Korisse> i was glad to hear you'd been working again

<Dorien> Oh.. yes. I ummm...

<Korisse> I know it wasn't where you wanted to be though :/

  • Korisse treads delicately >.>

<Dorien> Well... no... but Things are looking up.

  • Korisse smiles

<Korisse> I hope so, you have a brilliant mind

<Dorien> Thank you. Coming from you that means a lot. I always respected your work very much.

<Misery> He really does...

  • Dorien turns to Misery and smiles.

<Korisse> You just need to find ways to.... stay focused, perhaps

  • Misery smiles back

<Dorien> Well... I'm starting to find some.

<Korisse> that's good

  • Korisse smiles
  • Korisse looks back to Misery

<Korisse> Woudl you like to have a tour of the studio?

<Misery> Oh! yes, thank you, that would be great.

<Korisse> its mostly the processing lab, here

  • Misery nods
  • Korisse will get up and re-don her apron then, and take you both around to see her little set up
  • Dorien will follow in academic fascination
  • Misery is also very intrigued, and will ask questions at various points
  • Korisse has several projects on the go, some of them she explains are quite standard, while others are just in the development phase
  • Korisse will natter on some as well about light and imagery and illusions and such

<Korisse> ...and that's what we have going on at the moment.

<Dorien> Amazing... you have quite a set up.

<Misery> Thank you for the tour, it was really interesting.

<Korisse> Well, as you say, it's important to keep busy...

  • Korisse says a little wistfully
  • Korisse nods
  • Korisse looks to Misery. i suppose, if you are in terested, the next step would be for you to some in, for an afternoon, say, and see how well we get along, and if you do find the actual work that interesting.

<Misery> I'd like that, ma'am. Thank you.

<Korisse> alright - it would probably be best if you set it up with my assistant - she keeps track of all of my appointments

  • Korisse smiles apologetically
  • Misery nods

<Korisse> but it was very nice to meet you.

  • Dorien will nod to Korisse. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to both of us."

<Misery> Yes, thank you. It was great to meet you too.

  • Misery will arrange some suitable time with your assistant, then

<Dorien> It was really good seeing you again.

<Dorien> It brings back a lot of good memories.

<Korisse> you too, Dorien.

<Dorien> Maybe... we could do lunch or something... when you're less busy.

<Korisse> @_@

<Korisse> I would like that, but less busy! @_@

  • Dorien smiles

<Korisse> I'll try nd find an open lunch :)

  • Dorien laughs

<Dorien> Well, hopefully having an apprentice will clear up your schedule a little.

<Korisse> yes, I had been thiking about that...

  • Korisse smiles

<Dorien> Thank you again, for everything.

  • Korisse will have her assistant show you out, I guess?

<Dorien> (sure)

  • Dorien will breathe a sigh of relief when they are out of the building

<Dorien> That went...much better than I could have hoped.

<Misery> yeah? what were you expecting? >.>

<Dorien> I... I'm not sure. I mean, I did blow up her family's munitions lab.

<Misery> part of.

<Dorien> Yes. Thank you.

<Misery> part of her family's lab. >.>

  • Misery takes your hand
  • Dorien smiles. and squeezes her hand in return

<Misery> it went fine - she obviously doesn't hold any grudges towards you or anything like that. she seemed perfectly nice.

<Dorien> She is. And she really is brilliant. And practical. I think you two will get along well.

<Misery> I hope so. It isn't settled yeah, anyway - she could still decide I'm awful after we spend more time together :)

<Dorien> She'll love you.

<Misery> heh

<Misery> well, thank you

  • Misery will take you home and demonstrate her thanks more enthusiastically ;)
  • Dorien hesitates, as if he's going to say something more, but decides not to.

Dream Adventures

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so going on this endeavour are: Aubrienne, Jed, Lathra, Argent, Denise, Zola, Hugo, Ilphere, and Vera. I think I got everyone?

<DiablotinNarrator> Ilphere is making Ruchard stay out to observe things from Raimond's room, in case anything odd happens at that end.

<DiablotinNarrator> Dasra will also be keeping an eye on her sleeping husband during this excursion.

  • Dasra is a little surprised Hugo is there
  • Dasra smiles though

<Dasra> Thank you for coming... do you think you can help him?

  • Dasra asks Hugo
  • Zola is armed and armoured :V

<Hugonel> I ... I really don't know.

  • Denise is hella nervous and excited and mostly being quiet and checking her stuff >.>

<Hugonel> I know that my friends are very competent, and if I can help them at all, then I will. But I don't think any of us really knows what to expect.

  • Dasra nods
  • Denise is not wearing a suit today though, but more practical street clothes and good boots

<Dasra> well... I appreciate it.

  • Dasra gives you a kiss on the cheek.
  • Hugonel smiles.

<Hugonel> I think the thing that gives me the most confidence is that the Princess is coming along. That way, if we all get trapped, we know someone really competent will have to come retrieve us all.

  • Zola is wearing leather armour and hefting a double-barrel shotgun, with a rapier at her side >_>

<Aubrienne> That's a good look on you, Zola.

  • Zola has rather wicked looking leather boots on that may be slightly less practical than required, but well, heels.

<Zola> Hah, well, let's hope I can figure out how this all works >_>

<Denise> You lok liek a real moll ^-^

<Denise> put up a good fight :D

<Zola> Aw, thanks kid.

  • Zola gives Hugo a potion of cure light wounds to babysit
  • Zola will mage-armour Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - I think peeps are generally ready?

  • Cordovera will also give herself a Mage Armor

<Cordovera> (I assume Ilphere is covered in spells that she doesn't share ;)

  • Zola does not actually have MA (that was Damir)

<Zola> (Hugo you're on your own)

<Lathra> (Ready)

<Jed> I got your back, Hugo :P

<Hugonel> Thanks, Jed.

  • Aubrienne will distribute a potion each to Denise, Jed, and Argent

<Aubrienne> Just in case.

<Denise> thanks :3

<Aubrienne> Still, be careful.

  • Lathra wears her hide armor, but leaves her snake at home.

<Cordovera> Well... is everyone ready?

  • Lathra also wears a hip holster with a spiffy-looking revolver
  • Denise eyes the princess nervously @_@

<Ilphere> :D

  • Denise nods though
  • Cordovera has a staff and a gun at her side as well

<Lathra> I believe so, dear.

  • Zola leans on Hugo nervously

<Aubrienne> As we'll ever be.

  • Zola does not have a wig on today, but she did do her makeup
  • Cordovera will get us gathered together so that her mother can cast the spell to take us into Raimond's dream (I assume we were doing all this prep in, like, their sitting room, so we don't wake him up ;)

<Ilphere> Everybody ready...? :D

  • Raimond seems to be resting calmly, but he looks thinner, more pale and haggard

<Zola> :/

  • Jed whispers to Aubrienne "Is it too late to go to the bathroom?"
  • Aubrienne nods to Ilphere, casting a worried look at Raimond
  • Aubrienne whispers back, "I think you could technically do that in the dream, but it seems rude."
  • Cordovera joins hands with whoever is next to her
  • Aubrienne does likewise

<Denise> (nooooot me D:)

  • Zola takes Hugo's and Denise's

<Zola> :3

  • Denise sticks close to Argent and yeah, Zola
  • Hugonel breathes in deeply.
  • Lathra will play buffer between Cordovera and Den
  • Ilphere begins to cast...!
  • Zola watches with interest :3
  • Denise shifts nervously

<DiablotinNarrator> The world fades around you as the spell takes hold...

<DiablotinNarrator> You find yourselves in a field of high swaying grass. It is yellowed and brittle, and there is an autumn chill in the air.

  • Zola steps on it tentatively

<Lathra> Ah!

<DiablotinNarrator> It seems to stretch out in all directions. The only landmark you're able to see, some distance away, is a large, gnarled tree, its few remaining leaves a burnt orange.

  • Lathra smiles at the scenery

<Ilphere> Ooh, there we go....!

<Denise> . o O (well at least it ain't cold here/)

  • Ilphere brushes the grass with her palms.

<Aubrienne> Is it a good or bad sign that the forest isn't here?

<Ilphere> It's so lovely, isn't it Hali...?

<Cordovera> It's just a different dream... I'm not sure it means something specific?

<Cordovera> Maybe it does to him, I suppose.

<Zola> Autumn ... might be a worrying metaphor...

<Aubrienne> I was thinking that.

  • Aubrienne looks at the tree in the distance, then to Ilphere.

<Aubrienne> Shall we?

<Ilphere> Winter is coming...?

  • Ilphere steps lightly towards the tree.
  • Aubrienne keeps an eye out as we walk
  • Jed follows the group, watching the rear.
  • Zola peers at it as well to see if it has anything nasty hanging from it like before
  • Denise will glance at Argent, and spread out a bit to flank the others with him in case of trouble?
  • Hugonel looks carefully for any signs of red-haired women.
  • Zola has a nice rear, as she walks with Hugo arm in arm
  • Ilphere hums an eerie but catchy little tune

<DiablotinNarrator> The branches are bent low, heavy with some kind of thick-shelled seeds, like walnuts as big as a fist, only... not walnuts.

<Jed> (Not that rear ;) Well... not mainly.)

<Ilphere> Hmmmm...!

  • Ilphere examines the nuts.
  • Denise eyes them uneasily

<Ilphere> *sniff*

<DiablotinNarrator> The tree's trunk, as before, has a hollow within it, which looms black and unusually deep...

  • Hugonel twirls his cane occasionally and prods the ground experimentally, as if to ensure that it's really real, whatever that means.

<Zola> Does it look healthier than before, maybe?

<Denise> <m> would that be a good thing if it's feedin' on folks?

  • Aubrienne will move towards the hollow, taking a look inside.

<Zola> Well... maybe it's... a step? I don't know...

  • Ilphere picks a nut.
  • Jed backs up a step.
  • Denise will warily go up with Aubrienne, just in case she needs a strong arm
  • Ilphere shakes it.
  • Hugonel tries to stay well back, not knowing much of what is going on.
  • Zola watches the tree for a response
  • Lathra peers over Ilphere's shoulder at the nut

<DiablotinNarrator> The nut cracks in your hand and some kind of black ichor spills out from inside it

<Ilphere> Ooh! A soft centre...!

  • Aubrienne looks up at Ilphere's comment.
  • Ilphere sniffs the ichor.

<Zola> D:

<Hugonel> Ahh ... Zola dear?

<DiablotinNarrator> Around you, the grass rustles with the breeze - or is it something moving, unseen in the tall stalks?

<Ilphere> (any ideas?)

<Ilphere> Hmmmm?

<Zola> I'm going to take that as a "no", with regards to it being healthier

<Ilphere> Maybe it's juice...?

<Lathra> How does it smell?

  • Ilphere holds her hand up to Lathra for a sniff
  • Lathra balks, but then leans in and sniffs it
  • Zola makes a horrified face

<DiablotinNarrator> (Ilphere - you've seen black ichor before in dreams - certain kinds of magical corruption, for instance, might manifest this way... but it was also part of the visions related to the blood of the Serpent)

<Ilphere> Mm, hmm...

<Ilphere> Well...!

<Aubrienne> Something significant?

  • Denise re;lie's on Argent's ridiculous perception to tell us if anything is really out there >.>

<Lathra> (Could I make a K:R on that?)

<Ilphere> This sort of thing can be a manifestation of magical corruption...

<Ilphere> But...!

<Cordovera> (sure)

<Ilphere> In my experience it can also be related to the blood of the Serpent...!

<Cordovera> (and you can roll Perception for Argent if you want, also)

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Denise> !roll 1d20+17

  • Aubrienne makes some sort of religious gesture
  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Ilphere> Oh, those were good times...

<Ilphere> @_@

  • Denise rolls her own perception as well... and scent

<Ilphere> Good, funny times...!

<Denise> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Denise> (per)

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra - no idea?

<Denise> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Denise> (scent)

  • Ilphere adjusts her glasses.
  • Aubrienne gives Ilphere the sideeye
  • Zola adjusts her shotgun

<Lathra> ... the blood of the serpent...?

<Ilphere> Oh yes..!

<Zola> Serpent's blood is black and gross? o_o

<Ilphere> It's not 'gross'...!

<Ilphere> It is *potent*...!

  • Ilphere huffs.
  • Zola points at the black ichor on the ground

<Zola> That... is gross.

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise and Argent - the air is heavy, and there is a foul odour of rotting vegetation, and something worse.

<Ilphere> *You*'re gross!

<Ilphere> :|

<Zola> Wh- what? o_O

  • Jed nods at Zola. "I'm with you on this one."

<Cordovera> Mother, I'm sure she doesn't mean anything by it... people don't always, ah, understand...

<Denise> .... well, something don't smell right :|

  • Aubrienne steps between Ilphere and Zola, with a pointed look at Zola.

<Aubrienne> Princess, is it important?

<Ilphere> possibly...!

<Aubrienne> Do you think it's more likely corruption or the blood of the Serpent?

  • Zola eyes Hugo
  • Ilphere gently picks another nut and carefully wraps it in a handkerchief to save for later examination >.>

<Aubrienne> Is there a way to tell?

<Ilphere> In a dream...?

<Ilphere> (Julie?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (for the record, Raimond is House Cat, which would in theory at least mean he isn't direct descendant of the Trueblood line, but who knows)

<Denise> (can I figure out where the smell is coing from?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you'd need to study it more, Ilphere)

<Ilphere> It would require more study...!

<Ilphere> It is unlikely to be Serpent itself...

  • Ilphere admits.

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise - you aren't certain, it's sort of all around you rather than one specific source

<Aubrienne> Okay.

<Ilphere> But there are... others... entities beyond our planes @_@

  • Cordovera nods

<Aubrienne> O...kay.

<Cordovera> It could be some sign of Serpent's influence, or it could be another entity's touch...

<Ilphere> Something... new...! @_@

<Zola> Or old.

<Ilphere> Very old... @_@

<Ilphere> Oh how exciting...!

<Ilphere> We are truly privileged...!

<DiablotinNarrator> The grass rustles around you again, more sharply.

<Ilphere> Ooh!

<Ilphere> :3

<Ilphere> Shall we...?

<Ilphere> I think it's time to move on...

<Aubrienne> What was that?

  • Ilphere puts her hand in the tree

<DiablotinNarrator> Those of you looking around can see the grass moving about you, as if something or somethings are approaching you unseen

<Lathra> Yes, let's.

<Denise> ...

<Zola> C'mon honey...

  • Zola pulls Hugo towards the tree

<Hugonel> Zola, do you see that?

  • Denise will fan out that way with argent

<Zola> Trying my best not to, dear.

  • Ilphere goes on in!
  • Hugonel scoots away from anything invisible in the grass as best he can.

<Aubrienne> Ilphere!

  • Jed retreats backwards to the tree
  • Zola eyes the seemingly saner Cordovera
  • Lathra follows closely behind Ilphere

<Zola> Do we... follow?

  • Aubrienne looks at Cordovera
  • Ilphere pops back out.

<Ilphere> Are you all coming...?

<Jed> Not sure we have much choice...

<Ilphere> Oh I see...!

  • Ilphere begins to summon a Thing

<Cordovera> Is everything all right on the other side, Mother?

  • Ilphere holds up a 'don't iterrupt me while I'm casting' finger

<Cordovera> :|

<DiablotinNarrator> Ilphere summons a .... horrible thing. The monstrous form looks like a bloated jellyfish with tentacle-legs that knot upwards into a hideous stalk topped by a gaping mouth and empty, staring eyesocket.

<Zola> D:

<Denise> D: D: D: D: D: D:

<Ilphere> That should do it...! :3

<Zola> Sweet mericiful Gods D:

<Hugonel> Ah ... oh my!

<Denise> D: D: D: D: D: D:

<Ilphere> Alright, darlings, off you go...! I'll take care of our friends in the grass...!

<Lathra> O_o

  • Cordovera sighs

<Aubrienne> What the?

  • Ilphere waves to the THing to do her bidding :3

<Ilphere> Oh, he's with me....!

<Ilphere> :3

<Denise> D: D: D: D: D: D:

<Ilphere> GO on now, nothing to fear...!

<Jed> o.O

  • Zola hugs closer to the tree so as to get as far away as possible from the Thing

<Ilphere> Into the tree, silly children...!

<Cordovera> All right - be careful, Mother.

<Ilphere> Oh of course...!

<Lathra> I'm... not sure that's helping poor Raimond's dreams...

  • Aubrienne casts a glance at the Thing, then steps into the hollow.

<Ilphere> I'm no *amateur*...!

<Ilphere> :3

  • Jed follows Aubrienne
  • Cordovera will step into the tree as well

<Aubrienne> Let's go, folks.

  • Lathra heads back into the tree though.

<Denise> . o O (it ai'nt gonna be helpin' mine D: D: D: D: D:)

  • Zola feels suddenly like the First World is less scary than staying behind
  • Zola pulls Hugo after her
  • Hugonel allows himself to be pulled!
  • Denise goes as well D:

<DiablotinNarrator> *Argent also hops through

<DiablotinNarrator> You feel a vertiginous rush, as if you stepped suddenly off an unseen cliff, and the ground is coming up fast underneath you, and then you're there - wherever 'there' is.

<DiablotinNarrator> The light here is diffuse, as if the sun is hidden behind clouds, and the weather feels mild and pleasant. All around you is a meadow of grass and wildflowers, and off in the distance, trees.

<DiablotinNarrator> Honestly it's a pretty nice change >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Colours seem more vibrant, more alive.

  • Denise relaxes a litt, with the weather and the no eldrich terror or creepy ass princess... well hopefully D: D:

<Aubrienne> It's,,,beautiful.

<Zola> What the hell was that? o_o

  • Cordovera is a princess, but perhaps somewhat less creepy ;)

<Jed> We are not getting paid enough for this.

<Cordovera> One of Mother's summoned entities... an emkrah.

<Cordovera> She could have picked something less... alarming :p

  • Denise eyes Argent who probably looks cranky

<Aubrienne> Would that be related to the 'things outside our planes' she mentioned?

<Cordovera> Yes.

<Cordovera> Mother's an alienist... it's what she does.

  • Cordovera says with a bit of a shrug, as if she's fairly used to these sorts of things

<Zola> .oO( Gross, is what she does. )

<Aubrienne> To each their own, I suppose.

<Hugonel> While I'm glad she took care of whatever that was within the grass ... and despite the horridity of that *thing* ... I admit to some alarm that the Princess is no longer with us. Even though the environs are much more congenial here.

<Cordovera> It's actually good if she stays there - to be frank, she is much more powerful than I am, and she can maintain that dream-environment's stability so that we should be able to exit safely once again.

  • Hugonel nods warily.
  • Jed looks at Aubrienne. "We should put one of those things in our act. We could teach it to juggle."

<Aubrienne> Well, that's reassuring.

<Hugonel> All right, then.

  • Lathra stays quiet

<DiablotinNarrator> Little lights flit around you like fireflies - except when you look closer, you realize they're some kind of tiny fey creatures. Their laughter sounds like delicate bells as they fly away from you.

<Zola> Hmm.

<Aubrienne> Jed, you saw that thing. Think how handsy our audience gets. Now imagine those tentacles.

<Lathra> . o O (Is it *that* much weirder than worshipping an amoral snake-god?)

<Aubrienne> Hello?

<Jed> Is it still handsy if they're not hands?

<DiablotinNarrator> Behind you, the tree looks healthier on this side. It is green with leaves and vines hang from its branches, swaying gently.

<Aubrienne> Shh, trying to make friends.

  • Cordovera chuckles at that

<Zola> You know, maybe we should have learned sylvan before we came :|

  • Denise looks to see is there are any fruits or nuts or whatevcer D:
  • Aubrienne will hold out a hand and try to get one to land on it.
  • Denise eyes the little fey

<Denise> careful, they might bite >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise - no, just leaves and long, tendrilly vines

<DiablotinNarrator> The tiny creatures laugh at you as they dodge close to your hand before flying away again, Aubrienne.

  • Aubrienne smiles

<Aubrienne> Fair enough

  • Zola casts Prestidigitation

<Jed> I could cast comprehend languages, but we still wouldn't be able to talk back to them.

<DiablotinNarrator> Towards the opposite end of the meadow, where the forest begins, there is a low hill with what looks like the ruins of a tower or some kind of round building atop it.

<Aubrienne> I don't suppose any of you understand us.

<Cordovera> I could communicate with them, if we want to try that.

<Aubrienne> It seems worth a try, don't you think?

  • Zola flicks her fingers and makes a few miniature fireworks go off a few metres from the little fey

<DiablotinNarrator> They seem delighted by that, Zola - tiny cheers and applause

<Zola> They're cute :3

  • Denise just remembers the ones with the little swirds >.>

<Zola> :D

  • Cordovera nods

<Denise> well, they ain't armed, anyway >.>

  • Cordovera will use her staff to cast Tongues

<Cordovera> They want you to do it again - the fireworks :)

  • Hugonel will try Prestidigitation too.
  • Zola chuckles, and obliges
  • Aubrienne will do likewise, making little lights to chase them
  • Zola fires off a few more multicoloured ones above and around the glowing fey

<Aubrienne> (We can put on a whole show)

<Cordovera> What would we like to ask them?

<Aubrienne> If they've seen any humans?

  • Denise lets the smart folks deal with this, but watches the light show, maybe softeningn a bit on the little faeries :3
  • Cordovera will attempt to put this question to the tiny creatures, but it seems difficult to get them to focus and reply

<Zola> Maybe a rough picture of your brother might help?

<Cordovera> I think... it's tricky to understand, but I think they're saying they've seen one before

<Aubrienne> Sure.

  • Zola wiggles her prestidigitatey fingers
  • Aubrienne will make a glowing image of her brother.

<Cordovera> They say that he's with the ... flower queen?

<Lathra> She sounds pretty

<Aubrienne> Can they point us in a direction?

  • Denise wonders if this is liek the rat Queens used to do

<Jed> Pretty can be dangerous.

  • Cordovera asks them that, and in response they all fly off across the field towards the ruined tower.
  • Aubrienne lets the image fade, shrugs, and starts after them.

<Cordovera> I think that's pretty clear...

<Aubrienne> Did they say they'd only seen one?

<Zola> Unless they're very short of attention...

<Cordovera> I'm not quite sure - they aren't the most coherent conversationalists.

<Zola> I like them :)

  • Zola tugs Hugo along after Aubrienne

<Aubrienne> They seemed harmless enough.

<Denise> well, they ain't stabbin' us, anyway >.>

<Aubrienne> I'm glad you were about to communicate with them. :)

  • Denise follows along, staying up near the front

<Cordovera> The spell will last for some time, if they should happen to come back. Or other creatures who speak the same language...

  • Zola hums a little as we walk

<DiablotinNarrator> The walk towards the tower didn't seem like it would be that long... but you keep walking, and walking, and it barely seems to get closer at all.

<Denise> is this some kind tridck?

<Aubrienne> Some kind of planar effect?

  • Zola casts detect magic

<Cordovera> It could be...

<Denise> is it an illusion?

  • Denise asks Aubrienne
  • Zola looks to see if she can detect any sort of barrier or illusion effect at work

<Denise> like, maybe it ain't really there :p

  • Denise says, thinking of some of the tricks from your show

<Aubrienne> It's possible, I guess, but it'd be a pretty stable one.

  • Denise just shrugs then

<Denise> jus' keep walkin'; I guess :/

  • Denise looks back towards the tree

<DiablotinNarrator> Around you, a light breeze carries the whispered words "Leave here, you don't belong here, take your shadows and your weapons and leave before it's too late"

<Denise> ugh >:|

<Aubrienne> We don't mean any harm.

<Aubrienne> We're just here to talk.

<Aubrienne> Please.

<Lathra> (Are there shadows here?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra - there isn't really a ... sun, exactly, as far as you can tell? The light is sort of diffuse and hazy up above you, not from one distinct source. You guys all cast shadows, anyway, as do things around you, but they aren't really sharply defined because of the light.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne - the wind gives you no answer

<Aubrienne> Damned wind.

<Lathra> . o O (We don't have any more shadows than anything else here...)

  • Aubrienne keeps walking, more determinedly this time

<Zola> I don't suppose Message would work to... a tower?

<Zola> Wait, Aubrienne, do you think we'd be welcome if we put down our arms?

<Hugonel> I was wondering the same thing.

  • Aubrienne stops.

<Aubrienne> It's worth a shot.

<Cordovera> That seems like the kind of thing someone who means us ill might want us to do.

  • Cordovera points out cautiously

<Denise> yeah....

<Hugonel> True, but it's not as if we're defenseless just because we set down our physical weapons.

<Hugonel> I don't even know how to use this damn pistol, not really.

<Denise> plus it aint liek we can aly down out shadows :p

<Lathra> Also, they didn't ask us to discard our weapons - just to take them away.

  • Denise eyes Hugo

<Jed> Would we just leave them in a pile in the middle of the field? >.>

<Zola> Well...

<Aubrienne> We could head back to the tree and leave them with Ilphere and her pet monstrosity.

<Aubrienne> Sorry, Princess Ilphere and her pet monstrosity.

<Zola> (Can I think of what she might mean by shadows, if not the SK? Or if Flower Queens are allergic to weapons?:P)

<DiablotinNarrator> (what would you like to roll for that? k: nature would be most fitting for knowledge about some fey creature.)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 20 ]

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 15 ].

<Zola> (K-N)

<Denise> Look, i can fight okay with nothin', but thie pieces was a gift and I ain't gonna give it up on account of no creeepy wind. Plus if we do, an' we get in trouble, some folks need to be able to look out for all yof you who can cast spells, or you ain't gonna be castin' none.

<Cordovera> I'm fairly confident that if I went back and told mother I was leaving my weapons with her, she'd laugh, and then ask if I was planning to just let myself get killed >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola - well, quite a number of you are carrying cold iron ammunition/weapons - they certainly aren't fans of those.

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't think weapons in general are something the fey are 'allergic' to, though.

<Denise> we been walkin' forever already and we ain't barely no closer, turnin' back ain't gnna help

<Zola> Maybe the little sprites could help?

<Cordovera> Maybe it isn't a place you can.. walk to.

<Cordovera> Maybe we need to find another way...

<Aubrienne> Hmm?

<Aubrienne> Like what?

<Zola> Maybe... will?

<Denise> maybe they coudl carry us if they weren't flown off :p

<Cordovera> Maybe, yes.

  • Cordovera nods to Zola

<Zola> Well maybe they'd come back if I did s'more fireworks

<Aubrienne> So we just have to *want* to get to the tower?

<Zola> But we can try wishing our way there first, and try the sprites again once we stop looking sheepish if it fails :P

<Zola> I'm guessing we should link hands in case someone's not as wishy as the rest?

  • Cordovera nods
  • Zola isn't really sure about how it'd all work

<Cordovera> it can't hurt... at least, I don't think it can.

<Cordovera> >.>

  • Denise gets back in hand-holding position then :V
  • Cordovera will take Jed's hand, purely for the purposes of this endeavour of course
  • Zola links Denise and Hugo again

<Zola> (Would inspire competence potentially help here?)

<Zola> (nm, its one person only)

<Aubrienne> That's reassuring.

  • Aubrienne grabs Jed's hand and offers the other to Cordovera.

<Aubrienne> (whoops)

<Aubrienne> Let's give this a try.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Okay, what we're going to do is have everyone make a Cha check, and see how this goes :)

<Zola> (yay I like those)

<Aubrienne> (It kind of looks like Aubrienne offered Jed's hand to Vera. :p)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Denise> (den, then argent)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 14 ]

<Denise> !r 1d20

<Zola> (boo)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+1

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+1 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 1 ] totals [ 12 ].
  • Zola has too much cold iron

<Denise> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 15 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Denise> !roll 1d20+1

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+1 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 1 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Denise> (15 denise, 13 argent)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 8 ].

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 4 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne - you feel, somehow, like you can manipulate the landscape - maybe it's because you want to find your brother so much. You feel a resistance but you can push through it and pull the others along with you, and suddenly you're standing at the foot of the hill.

<DiablotinNarrator> Steps climb up to the ruined building. From somewhere in the distance, you can hear music - a woman's voice singing sweetly.

  • Zola wonders if we should plug our ears

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can go to roll20 also, I have a map. for no particular reason.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Around this area the flowers grow even more thickly, carpeting the mossy ground.

<DiablotinNarrator> The group climbs the stairs, navigating through some thorny areas, some more cleverly than others.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you round this corner and look up the remainder of the stairs, you can see a woman at the top of them. The woman's skin is a vibrant dark green hue, and her hair is made of flowers. When she walks, more flowers spring up in her path.

<Zola> Oh! :o

<Queen of Flowers> Please... go back.

  • Zola briefly grips her shotgun, then lowers it quickly.
  • Denise keeps quiet

<Aubrienne> I'd like to, but I'm trying to find my brother. We don't want to be any trouble.

<Queen of Flowers> I can't let you have him. I need him...

<Aubrienne> Why?

<Denise> it is like the Rat Queens >.>

<Queen of Flowers> He made a promise... This place is in danger...

<Aubrienne> In danger how? Maybe we can help, too.

<Queen of Flowers> He brings new life...

  • Denise eyes Aubrienne

<Denise> yup... babies >.>

  • Denise mutters
  • Queen of Flowers 's voice is light and airy - much like the voice you heard on the wind, you think. "The blight is spreading"

<Hugonel> How is it possible to stop it?

<Aubrienne> The blight? Black ichor, like the tree had?

<Denise> or them evil mushrooms in the shade?

  • Denise suggests to Aubrienne
  • Denise keeps her voice quiet, wary of dealing with this fey lady herself

<DiablotinNarrator> Between you and the woman, a figure seems to erupt out of the ground. At first you aren't sure if it's something she is conjuring, but by her screams, it isn't...

<DiablotinNarrator> The creature looks like a skeletal humanoid, about seven feet tall, its bones covered in festering moss, vines spilling from its chest cavity like entrails.

The group attack the monster. During the fight, the Flower Queen uses some kind of energy drain on the creature, absorbing something into herself. A man dressed as an Averonnais soldier appears from her tower and assists as well. Argen and denise get sprayed with seeds by the monster, which sprout into vines growing out of their bodies, but are unharmed once they pull them off. Fey are gross. Denise crits the crap out of it, but Aubrienne gets the killing blow.

<DiablotinNarrator> The flower queen is slumped over by the doorway, with the guy kneeling beside her

  • Aubrienne holsters her weapon and approaches carefully.

<DiablotinNarrator>(Aubrienne, it's your brother btw. just in case that wasn't clear ;)

<Aubrienne> Jean-Faust?

  • Denise helpos Argent

<Zola> Is she alright?

<Aubrienne> Little brother?

  • Zola hums a bit as she looks around to make sure there isn't anything else to fight

<Jean-Faust> I ... I don't know.... Aubrienne?

  • Aubrienne will rush to hug him fiercely.
  • Jean-Faust looks confused, but does clearly recognize you, and hugs you back
  • Aubrienne lets go after a moment.

<Zola> Lathra, I don't suppose you know much about fey healing?

<Aubrienne> Lathra? Can you help her?

  • Zola gestures
  • Aubrienne kneels by the flower queen.

<Aubrienne> Is there anything we can do?

  • Argent will have a good look at this thing and do subtle inquisitory things like detect evil etc >.>

<Jean-Faust> The blight... she took some of it into her to kill that thing...

  • Denise tells him to take a sample for Dorien >.>
  • Denise looks up

<Denise> she didn't need to, we coulda got it :/

<Jean-Faust> I can't leave her... she saved me.

<Zola> Maybe a channel could ... purify her?

<Lathra> I could try...

<Denise> we coudl take her - maybe she can tell us what's all goin' on :p

  • Zola tries a cure light wounds?

<Aubrienne> Would it hurt you to leave this place?

<DiablotinNarrator> (the damage to her doesn't seem to be physical...)

  • Aubrienne asks the queen.
  • Zola is not super surprised.
  • Argent will detect alignment her >.>
  • Queen of Flowers is basically unconscious right now, but JF will reply

<Jean-Faust> I know she can leave... she did when she came to get me.

<Aubrienne> There might be people who can help her.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Argent - she's chaotic and non good or evil, if you're running through the spectrum of detects :)

<Lathra> Can we get her out of the dream?

  • Lathra asks Cordovera
  • Cordovera will nod - "I think we can."

<Aubrienne> If there's blight here, and it seems likely the plants in the Shade represent blight back home...she might be able to give us some answers. I think we could help each other.

  • Cordovera nods in favour of bringing her back

Solos

Aubrienne speaks with her brother

  • Jean-Faust is understandably quite confused about emerging in some stranger's bedroom, and kind of has a bit of a freak-out ... I'll assume that this is after he's had some time to calm down, and that Dasra is willing to let you two use one of their various unoccupied rooms to talk it over.

<Aubrienne> (Cool)

  • Aubrienne will get Jean-Faust some water, if possible, or something stronger if he likes.
  • Jean-Faust will take water for now
  • Jean-Faust 's uniform looks somewhat worn, but not as much as you'd think after a year or more of wearing it

<Aubrienne> Have a seat. I imagine this is all a bit overwhelming.

  • Jean-Faust nods

<Aubrienne> Are you okay?

<Aubrienne> Sorry, that's a dumb question.

<Aubrienne> I mean, you're not injured or anything, are you?

<Jean-Faust> I... I think so? I'm not hurt.

<Aubrienne> Okay, good.

<Jean-Faust> Where are they going to take Eirlys? Will she be safe?

<Aubrienne> I believe so. I think they just want to talk to her, and I'm sure they'll give her whatever healing or help they can.

<Aubrienne> Who...who is she?

<Jean-Faust> I need to see her

<Jean-Faust> (probably by this point they've already taken her to the Orecalos - well, Ilphere has)

<Aubrienne> (They said we'd be able to see her, right?)

<Jean-Faust> (yes although I think they want to make sure first that she isn't like... contagious)

<Aubrienne> (Okie doke)

<Aubrienne> I can drive you over in a bit. It might be a little while before she's ready to be seen, anyway.

  • Jean-Faust paces anxiously

<Aubrienne> You didn't answer my question.

<Aubrienne> Who is Eirlys?

<Jean-Faust> I'm not sure what to say. She's ... I love her.

  • Aubrienne gives an awkward half-smile.

<Aubrienne> That's wonderful, bratic, but that's still not an answer.

<Aubrienne> Why don't we start with this: *what* is she?

<Jean-Faust> She says she's something called a blodeuwedd

<Jean-Faust> she's the Flower Queen

<Aubrienne> (Can I roll K:Nature for that?)

<Jean-Faust> (sure)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • @BalthCat rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 9 ].

<Aubrienne> (Wow)

<Jean-Faust> (heh)

<Aubrienne> (Can I use my Inspired reroll?)

<Jean-Faust> (sure)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • @BalthCat rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Aubrienne> (That's better :))

<Jean-Faust> (they're kind of like dryads, except for fields instead of for trees, as far as you know)

<Aubrienne> (coolio)

<Jean-Faust> (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/blodeuwedd if you want to read up ;)

<Aubrienne> What does that mean, the Flower Queen? Does she have subjects? A queendom?

<Jean-Faust> I ... suppose so, in a way.

<Jean-Faust> It isn't like here

<Jean-Faust> but she has power

<Aubrienne> Okay.

<Aubrienne> How did you meet her?

<Jean-Faust> in the woods... she called to me

<Jean-Faust> ... the woods!

  • Jean-Faust exclaims

<Aubrienne> What?

<Jean-Faust> Is my squadron all right? I should get back to them before the attack.

<Aubrienne> Which woods?

<Aubrienne> Bratic...

<Aubrienne> Sit down for a second.

  • Aubrienne will put a hand on his shoulder and try to get him sitting, or at least a little calmer.
  • Jean-Faust sits down, but still looks restless and jumpy
  • Aubrienne pulls a chair up across from Jean-Faust and puts her hand on his.

<Aubrienne> The war is over.

<Aubrienne> It has been for a while.

<Jean-Faust> ... that can't be. I was only gone for a few days, maybe a week...

<Aubrienne> You've been missing for [correct amount of] months.

<Aubrienne> (I forget how many specifically)

<Jean-Faust> (me too, off the top of my head. probably about 18 months-2 years, maybe? I can look it up ;)

  • Jean-Faust stares at you in disbelief

<Aubrienne> We got a letter from the army. Everyone thought you were dead.

  • Aubrienne is tearing up.

<Jean-Faust> ...

<Jean-Faust> I... I didn't know...

<Aubrienne> It's okay, I just...

<Aubrienne> I'm so happy I found you.

<Aubrienne> When your commander brought me your last letter, I thought there was hope, but I didn't know whether you were alive or not.

<Aubrienne> I just hoped and prayed and made myself believe it and...

  • Aubrienne will get up and hug her brother.
  • Jean-Faust hugs you back, stunned

<Aubrienne> Sorry.

<Aubrienne> Wait, no I'm not.

<Aubrienne> I'm not going to apologize for being happy you're alive.

  • Aubrienne will release him and sit back down.

<Aubrienne> Just a few days, huh?

<Jean-Faust> it's all sort of a blur

<Aubrienne> Maybe start from the beginning?

<Jean-Faust> ah... we were stationed at Seda Grove.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

  • Jean-Faust tries to compose himself to tell what he can

<Aubrienne> I knew that much.

  • Aubrienne tries to smile encouragingly

<Jean-Faust> The whole time we were there, I felt.. strange. I can't explain it. It just felt .. odd.

<Jean-Faust> I had strange dreams. I thought I saw things in the woods.

<Aubrienne> Well, it seems likely you really did see things.

<Jean-Faust> Lots of people seemed to have the same sort of experiences... people said it was haunted. One of the sorcs, Fairjeon, he thought it was something more than that.

<Jean-Faust> that there was some kind of magic going on

<Aubrienne> Smart man.

<Jean-Faust> So they thought, okay, maybe the slicks are messing with our heads... they tried putting up wards, I think. I don't think it worked very well.

<Jean-Faust> we'd patrol around in the woods, trying to figure it out

<Jean-Faust> It wasn't the slicks. I think they knew about the place, and knew what it could do, and let it handle us instead of just straight up attacking us

<Jean-Faust> I don't know

  • Jean-Faust takes a sip of his water

<Jean-Faust> I just know that the longer I was there, the more I felt like... maybe it wouldn't be so bad, to go like that.

<Aubrienne> To go like what?

<Jean-Faust> Instead of shot and lying in the mud.

<Jean-Faust> to just... leave. if there was something in there, to let it take me.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

  • Aubrienne looks concerned, but doesn't want to interrupt.

<Jean-Faust> I was scared... we all were. I'm not sure any of us were thinking straight.

<Jean-Faust> but when I heard her singing, it was like all that went away... all the things I was worried about, the war and all

<Jean-Faust> and it was so beautiful

  • Jean-Faust sort of trails off, staring into space

<Aubrienne> You heard her across the planes, or in your dreams, or...?

  • Aubrienne says slightly loudly, to get his attention.

<Jean-Faust> ...I thought it was dreams at first. then I started hearing it when I was awake too.

<Jean-Faust> One night I just... knew I had to find her.

<Aubrienne> How?

<Aubrienne> How did you find her, I mean.

<Jean-Faust> I followed the sound into the woods. She was at this tree, this huge tree, waiting for me.

<Aubrienne> Like the one we left through?

<Jean-Faust> I guess... It felt like it, but it didn't look like it, if that makes any sense?

<Aubrienne> Oddly, yeah, it does.

  • Jean-Faust nods

<Jean-Faust> if it's been so long... are you all right? and Ma and Pa?

<Aubrienne> They're...fine.

<Aubrienne> I mean, it's been hard, since you were gone.

<Aubrienne> But they're okay.

<Aubrienne> They were worried when I said I was going to look for you, but they'll be happy you're home.

<Jean-Faust> that's... good, I guess

<Aubrienne> And I'm good, for the most part.

<Aubrienne> We've been having some troubles lately.

<Aubrienne> They're, uh, they're kind of what led us to you.

<Jean-Faust> troubles?

<Aubrienne> Attacks from faerie. Or faeries, at least.

<Aubrienne> Speaking of which, that thing, back where you came from...what was that?

<Jean-Faust> I don't know... there were so many strange things there

<Aubrienne> Eirlys seemed scared of it, which admittedly seems like a smart reaction.

<Aubrienne> Do you know what she did to it? It looked like maybe she absorbed some energy or something from it.

<Jean-Faust> she talked about a blight. some kind of evil... I don't know if it's a disease, or something supernatural, or what, but the way she talked about it, it was spreading. she told me I would help keep it away.

<Jean-Faust> I think maybe because that ... thing, whatever it was, was partly plant, she could drain energy from it and take it into herself.

<Aubrienne> Did she tell you anything more about this blight?

<Jean-Faust> she doesn't eat - she just draws nourishment from the plants around her

<Jean-Faust> Some... I didn't understand some of what she talked about.

<Aubrienne> Do we need to make sure she has plants nearby?

<Aubrienne> I don't want her to get hurt.

<Aubrienne> And it's winter here...

<Jean-Faust> I ... I don't know. I'm not sure how close she has to be, or whether it's specific kinds of plants, or ...

<Aubrienne> I'm sure she will be okay.

<Aubrienne> Princess Illphere is with her. I'm sure she can figure it out.

  • Jean-Faust nods, looking worried

<Jean-Faust> She's going to have a baby.

  • Jean-Faust blurts

<Aubrienne> ...

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry?

<Aubrienne> She's pregnant?

  • Jean-Faust nods

<Aubrienne> Umm...you said you were only there a week...

<Jean-Faust> I... I thought I was. but I guess it must have been longer...

<Aubrienne> Uh, well, I guess [Rat equivalent of 'mazel tov'].

  • Jean-Faust nods, a bit stunned still

<Aubrienne> 'Auntie Aubrienne' has a nice ring to it.

  • Aubrienne smiles.
  • Jean-Faust manages a wobbly smile

<Aubrienne> Mom's going to be mad she's not a Rat.

<Jean-Faust> yeah...

<Aubrienne> But she's not from around here, so mom'll get over it.

<Aubrienne> Dad will just be upset he can't cook for her.

<Jean-Faust> maybe salads

<Aubrienne> That won't be, like, cannibalism or something?

<Jean-Faust> that lettuce was probably a jerk who deserved it

  • Jean-Faust for a moment sounds like your little brother again
  • Aubrienne laughs at that.

<Aubrienne> So, I think people are going to have a lot of questions for you.

  • Jean-Faust nods

<Aubrienne> Hopefully we can see Eirlys before that happens, but at some point I imagine you're going to have to talk to the Emperor and his people.

<Aubrienne> I promise, it's not that bad.

<Jean-Faust> the Emperor?

<Jean-Faust> @_@

<Aubrienne> Things have taken a somewhat weird turn in my life, lately.

<Aubrienne> All of your stuff is just a part of it.

<Jean-Faust> yeah?

<Aubrienne> Hopefully, talking with your lovely...is bride presumptuous? Anyway, talking to Eirlys hopefully will get us some more answers.

<Aubrienne> Come to think of it, if bride is correct, does that make you the Flower King? Flower Prince, perhaps?

<Jean-Faust> ah... I don't know.

<Aubrienne> Flower Consort?

<Aubrienne> Flower Concubine?

<Jean-Faust> >.>

  • Jean-Faust elbows you
  • Aubrienne slap-fights him off good-naturedly.

<Jean-Faust> I... I don't know what's going to happen now, Aubrienne.

  • Jean-Faust says after the slap-fight settles down

<Aubrienne> I don't either.

<Aubrienne> But I just got you back, so I'm going to do my best to see nothing else happens to you.

<Aubrienne> And, as I have a sister now, too, I'm going to do everything I can to help and protect Eirlys and your baby.

<Jean-Faust> ... thank you

  • Jean-Faust hugs you
  • Aubrienne hugs back

<Jean-Faust> (so, do you want to stick with him I assume, as he gets de-magicked and poked at by San and Ilphere? ;)

<Aubrienne> (I said that yes, Aubrienne would want to go with him if able, and she'd probably be pretty pushy if folks tried to stop her :))

<Jean-Faust> (fair!)

<Jean-Faust> (I imagine they can accept that)

<Jean-Faust> (if only to keep him from getting too freaked out as well ;)

Genevriel learns about potential patron deities from Sanadhil Orecalo

  • Genevriel will show up at the appointed time.
  • Genevriel knocks politely at your office door.
  • Sanadhil will indicate for you to take a seat when you are shown in.

<Sanadhil> Good afternoon, Mlle. Doucette.

<Genevriel> Good afternoon, M. Orecalo.

<Genevriel> How have you been?

  • Sanadhil raises his eyebrows and shakes his head slightly

<Sanadhil> Busy - even more so than usual

<Genevriel> And here I come, adding more to your agenda. I am sorry.

  • Genevriel replies wryly.
  • Genevriel does sound and look apologetic, too.

<Genevriel> I should try to be short and to the point, then?

<Sanadhil> It isn't all unrelated, and may have some benefit to you as well.

<Sanadhil> That would be most efficient.

<Genevriel> Very well, then; my purpose is twofold. Firstly, I am curious as to whether you have heard anything from your colleague in Psyra regarding ancient Psyrene gods?

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Genevriel pauses to allow you to elaborate. Evidently her second purpose will be revealed in time.

<Sanadhil> I have been in concat with my colleage, yes, and I have also discussed the matter extensively with my son, who is himself a scholar with some direct experience into the Psyran matters.

<Genevriel> You have a son - of course! That must be the M. Orecalo whom Mlle. Scales knows. Of course that is beside the point but it does solve one little mystery.

<Genevriel> Do go on; I apologize for the interruption.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> he runs a sort of... Academic consulting business

  • Genevriel nods and smiles slightly, pleased that the puzzle pieces are falling into place.
  • Sanadhil looks thoughtful, as if he is filing something away

<Sanadhil> Horse, Raven, Fox, Stag, and Boar, at the very least, and possibly others, were still being worshipped at least in the 600s, around the time of Orelius, but it is not clear whether they themselves had survived the war in heaven that had been raging since the fal of Serpent, or whether the aspects of worship had become more cultural by that point.

<Sanadhil> Are you familiar with the story of Orelius?

  • Genevriel shakes her head 'no'.

<Genevriel> My parents' library was short on ancient Psyrene history.

<Sanadhil> hmm.

<Sanadhil> Orelius was credited as being the founder of Psyra.

<Sanadhil> he was a warlord who was able to unite the tribes, mostly forcibly

<Sanadhil> he was also a follower of Horse, and after his reign worship of most of the other totems was greatly reduced.

  • Genevriel listens closely, plainly quite interested.

<Sanadhil> and then, as we discussed previously, missionization of the Way fo the Wheel eradicated most other worship, and it was formally outlawed after Psyra became part of the empire.

<Sanadhil> In any case, research onto the celectial planes has led us to conclude that, as far as the totems can be characterized, they may have been creatures called 'agathions'

<Genevriel> (With my modern Psyrene language knowledge does that term mean anything to me?)

<Sanadhil> (it isn't a Psyrene word, I dfon't think)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no)

<Sanadhil> These are creatures from one of the celestial planes, that are individually associated with various beasts, and offer assistant to mortal supplicants

<Sanadhil> or offered, in any case

<Genevriel> (ok, thanks... it sounds vaguely Greek but it is actually a race of Pathfinder Outsiders, Google tells me. ^-^)

<Sanadhil> (yup)

<Genevriel> Well... if the Seven still worshipped by most Aveyronnais are agathions, then they still offer assistance, as the clergy of the Wheel are able to channel divine energy, of course...

  • Genevriel is mostly thinking aloud.
  • Sanadhil shakes his head

<Sanadhil> No. When the Seven here challenged serpent, and when Rat was trapped in the Arch, they were able to overturn the balance of power in the Court of Stars and gain control of true divine Domains, becoming the gods as we know them now.

<Sanadhil> The Seven became much more powerful, but those who were not involved in the coup had to fend for themselves

<Sanadhil> They were hunted, as were other celestials, such as Angels

  • Genevriel nods slowly.

<Genevriel> Hunting 'outsiders' boasts a long tradition, then.

<Sanadhil> It is possible that some survived - the agathions do not *require* worship, their power is inherent

<Sanadhil> This was a matter of outsiders hunting each other.

  • Genevriel nods again, filing that away to think about more.

<Sanadhil> With the factions of the Court of Stars trying to seize or maintain power

<Sanadhil> or simply create chaos

<Sanadhil> Not all of their motivations are easily anthropomorphized.

  • Genevriel visibly reacts with interest when you mention the Court of Stars, but she has something to ask before we move on to discussing them...

<Genevriel> Would the power of the agathions present as different from divine power such as priests of the Wheel and Serpent have access to now?

<Genevriel> What I'm getting at is, can I rule out the possibility that an agathion or group of agathions is using me for their own inscrutable purposes?

<Sanadhil> I don't think it can be entirely ruled out, but I do feel that it is very unline other recorded instances of their interactions.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Sanadhil> However, as with the Seven, it is possible that the disruption of the balance of the Court of Stars caused them to change in some way

<Genevriel> Would it be possible to find out?

  • Sanadhil considers

<Sanadhil> I would have to give that some more thought.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Well, my second purpose was to ask if you can tell me about the Court of Stars, or can refer me to someone who could. Mlle. Scales introduced me to M. Tristan Rademacher and Mme. Lurancy Rademacher, who thought it was possible that my 'One' is an entity who was part of it, perhaps an ancient elven deity of some sort.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> That is what we have been discussing, yes, though the elven aspect is intriguing.

<Sanadhil> Can you elaborate on that?

<Genevriel> Not very much, I'm afraid. M. Rademacher spoke of the Court as if it was a physical place, not just a council of entities. Emkathon and Kavreshar were two of the entities who were part of it.

  • Genevriel will continue, sec.

<Genevriel> I think those are the only ones he, and by extension now, me, know were part of the Court. He suggested that I speak to elves and possibly even Shadar-kai, as he believes they would know more about the composition of the Court of Stars. But he also warned me that it might be difficult to find any who are willing to speak to me of it, since the elves, at least, set aside their deities long ago...

<Genevriel> He speculated that the elven deities might still be there at the Court.

<Genevriel> And that perhaps one, or some, of them might be what I am dealing with. But I confess that I do not understand why I should be selected, unless it is only a desperate act of beings who hope to regain some foothold among us.

  • Genevriel appears to be finished, uncertain now about how all this sounds in her own ears. She just really wants to make sense of things.
  • Genevriel brightens up for a moment.

<Genevriel> I do hear voices, but they speak a language I don't understand. Mlle Scales has had me memorize the sounds and try to mimic them for her, and she cast Comprehend Languages to understand what they were saying.

<Genevriel> But we still don't know what language it is.

<Genevriel> Maybe if I epeat the sounds to enough people, someone eill recognize it and give a name to it...

  • Genevriel looks up at you.

<Sanadhil> it is worth a try

<Genevriel> How many languages do you speak, M. Orecalo?

<Sanadhil> A dozen or so?

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> Well, that's about ten more than me. Do you mind if I try to 'speak' the words I hear? Apologies in advance if it's a language you do recognize, and I completely mangle it.

<Sanadhil> of course - go ahead.

  • Genevriel will recite some of the 'words' she has memorized by heart, the ones that Lathra was able to translate.
  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> It's a variant of Celestial, which does support out current line of thinking

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Could you teach it to me?

<Genevriel> Or do you know someone who can?

<Genevriel> Only, I have no money to pay...

  • Genevriel 's moment of hope is suddenly crushed again.

<Sanadhil> It s a fairly well documented language, commonly learned by priests.

<Sanadhil> I'm sure there are texts available that would be far more economical than a teacher.

  • Genevriel looks at you gratefully for the suggestion.

<Sanadhil> I do not, personally, have the time @_@

<Genevriel> I'll look into it, thank you.

  • Sanadhil nods.

<Sanadhil> Of course, whether it will help you or not to better understand this constant barrage of voices is another matter you may want to consider as well.

<Genevriel> Well, *not* understanding them has nearly driven me mad already, so I'm not convinced that the alternative would be worse.

<Sanadhil> Very well.

<Sanadhil> I suspect that what has happened to you is part of the afterefects of the return of Serpent

<Sanadhil> and the new changes wrought in the Court as a result

<Sanadhil> the balance of power has shifted again - whether tis is some old power trying to reclaim a lost foothold, or some new one making its own bid for influence.

<Sanadhil> hte connection seems clearer than ever.

  • Genevriel looks a little lost.

<Genevriel> The connection with...?

<Sanadhil> to the Court...?

<Genevriel> Ah, of course.

<Sanadhil> mm.

<Genevriel> Do you know the names of other entities that were part of the Court? Or do you know someone who might?

<Sanadhil> I'm not certain it woudl be possible to produce and exhaustive list

<Genevriel> Well, no. But more than two might b helpful.

<Sanadhil> The court was a neutral...place... for many entities from a multitude of planes

  • Genevriel nods, listening.

<Sanadhil> It's a little like asking for the name of everyone who may have ever been at the emperor's court

<Sanadhil> A general name for them woul be Empyreans

<Genevriel> I don't really need to know them all, it's true. I just don't know how else to find out what the One is.

<Genevriel> I'm afraid I'm not the kind of person who can just accept. I need to understand.

<Genevriel> A poor choice for a deity, really.

<Sanadhil> Not necesarily

<Sanadhil> It depends on what all they, or it, want from you

<Genevriel> I don't even really know that; I can only guess.

<Sanadhil> That doesn't mean that ubnderstanding is within your grasp

  • Genevriel looks a little discouraged.
  • Sanadhil shrugs

<Sanadhil> No reason not to try. Gods and their ilk have a long habit of underestimating us.

<Genevriel> Well... learning Celestial seems like my best next step, then.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> Yes, that seems reasonable.

<Genevriel> Then I can at least make sense of what they're saying, possibly.

<Sanadhil> My Pysran contact will - hopefully - be visiting the city soon as well, if you would like to speak with her.

<Genevriel> ... The agathions have been part of the Court of Stars?

<Sanadhil> yes.

<Genevriel> Then I should speak to her, yes. If nothing else, she can at least, perhaps, help me eliminate them as my mystery deities.

<Sanadhil> If you want another avenue to investigate, there are also the Bralani...

<Genevriel> What are those?

<Sanadhil> they are another celestial being that may be linked to the court..

<Sanadhil> And possibly some Elves

<Sanadhil> the Austvagoy consider them to be Ancestor spirits.

<Sanadhil> I don't think they are what has contacted you

<Sanadhil> But, they do have relationships with the inhabitants of this plane

<Genevriel> All right... how would you recommend I go about learning more about the Bralani, if only to eliminate them as possibilities?

  • Genevriel tries to be respectful of elven standoffishness since Tristan warned her about it. ^-^

<Sanadhil> They are chaotic creatures that can take the form of wind.

<Sanadhil> My son, Xan, was tested by one of them as a sort of Rite of Passage when he wished to travel through land protected by the Austvagoy

<Sanadhil> He was taken to what they called the Homewood - where they claimed all Elves originated, but we now believe to have been as aspect of the First World.

<Sanadhil> He could tell you more details of the encounter, but I don't think you will find anyone outside of the Austvagoy who could tell you more about their nature, and they are unlikely to be forthcoming

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Sanadhil says very dryly, meaning 'they would just kill you.'

<Genevriel> First World?

<Genevriel> I have heard that term recently in relation to the current fey invasion...

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> Maybe I should try talking to the next one that tries to kill me or my friends.

<Sanadhil> It is their home plane.

  • Genevriel 's voice is the dry one, this time.

<Sanadhil> Good luck with that.

<Genevriel> There was, apparently, a fey on my family's land. Probably a dryad, possibly a hamadryad. But they burned our orchards, so she might be dead. Or insane.

  • Genevriel sighs.

<Genevriel> At any rate, she's in Psyra, and I'm here.

<Genevriel> She was kind to my little brother.

<Genevriel> I never had the pleasure of meeting her or seeing her, though.

<Genevriel> Well, thank you, M. Orecalo.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> You've given me much food for thought.

<Sanadhil> If you have questions about the fey, if may be worth asking those to Karala as well, she has more experienc with them

<Genevriel> Karala is your Psyrene friend?

<Sanadhil> Though no doubt Xan will have her consult on his research anyway.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> Thank you; how best should I go about arranging to meet her while she is here?

<Sanadhil> I can send you more information on that once i know when she will be arriving.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I should leave my new address with you, then.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Genevriel provides you with the Voclain residence info.
  • Sanadhil reads it, and sighs.

<Sanadhil> You're acquianted with the Voclains?

  • Genevriel nods, hesitant... how do you know them? she wonders.

<Genevriel> They're my aunt and uncle.

<Sanadhil> Interesting.

<Genevriel> Why...?

<Sanadhil> Your cousin, Mlle Lucette Voclain, is a junior colleague of mine.

<Genevriel> Oh, right; she's studying here.

<Sanadhil> studying?

<Genevriel> Working? I'm afraid I don't know her very well... We've only met a couple of times.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> And the first time was when we were still children, years ago.

<Sanadhil> She has some teaching duties, and a stipend to continue her research

  • Genevriel nods.

<Sanadhil> her research may also be of some interest..

  • Sanadhil considers

<Sanadhil> she was researching arcane bloodlines in Psyra that trace back to interbreeding with the Djinn

<Genevriel> Djinn being, at a guess, also members of the Court of Stars?

<Sanadhil> The Djinn are elemental creatures, however there were some Angels - who were direct servents of Serpent, at the court - who took refuge with them, and themselves became Djinn

<Genevriel> Oh?

  • Genevriel isn't quit sure how thise might tie in to the One, but is willing to entertain the thought.

<Sanadhil> It is a connection that might be worth pursing, in anycase.

  • Sanadhil shrugs
  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> I'll consider it, thanks.

<Sanadhil> Your family were not Psyran, of course, but perhaps there was some connection to the boy you saved.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> Oh... he's still alive, I found out. They told me at my interrogation.

  • Sanadhil nods.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Didn't you say you were very busy?

<Genevriel> And didn't I say I would be short and to the point?

<Sanadhil> Mm, indeed.

<Sanadhil> It has been an interesting distraction.

<Sanadhil> But I do have other matters to attend to, yes

<Genevriel> Yes, thank you again. I have a lot of avenues of investigation to pursue now.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Genevriel will bid you a good day and let you get back to your work!
  • Sanadhil makes sure you know he would liek to hear how any of those go >.>
  • Genevriel assures you she will let you know what she can.

<Genevriel> . o o (No promises that I will tell you everything, though.)

Denise and Hettie discuss the dream adventure and going on a double date treasure hunt

  • Denise has been relatively subdues for the last day or so, after she was supposed to go onher crazy adventure through some kind of tree dream or whatever that was about >.>
  • Denise had Enver stay over the previous morning, though he was off before you got up, and Denise is drinking coffee by herself in the kitchen :3
  • Hettienne ambles in and pours herself a mug...

<Denise> afternoon

<Hettienne> So it is!

<Hettienne> How was your night? :3

<Denise> the night was alright :3

<Denise> Slept better'n I thought I would, anyway

  • Hettienne nods.

<Hettienne> You been kinda quiet past few days...

<Hettienne> I was a bit worried you'd fell out with your boy, but I guess not

<Denise> no!

<Denise> He's been great

<Denise> real great...

<Hettienne> Glad to hear it...

  • Denise smiles

<Hettienne> What's eatin' youy then?

<Denise> Well, I went with Mlle Aubrienne to do all that Fey suff

<Denise> we did get her brother back

<Hettienne> Uh-huh...

<Denise> an' some fey queen who's prolly knocked up by 'im

<Denise> that was all... well, like maybe I figured it would be, excitin' and neat an stuff

<Hettienne> Uhhhh... O_o

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> but on the way there, but the tree in the guy's dream, there was....I don't even know

<Denise> we never saw it

<Denise> but

<Denise> so

<Denise> Princess Ilphere was there

  • Denise says in a haunted tone

<Hettienne> Princess? :o

  • Denise nods

<Denise> she summoned this.... I dunno, this *nightmare* @_@

<Hettienne> LIke... a monster?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> it was all like.... kind a therre and kinda not, and it had like these.... ropey flech...things all hangin off it, for grabbin, prolly, and it was all.... like made of clear jelly full of... mouths

<Denise> well they dind't look like mouths

<Denise> but you could feel that's what they were

<Hettienne> Uuuuuh... D:

<Denise> and there were bits that were just.... wrong to look at

<Denise> @_@

<Hettienne> These are the people in charge of Aveyrone O_o

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> I'm sorry you had to see that, hon :/

<Denise> its just hard to put it outta my mind, is all

<Hettienne> Well... maybe I got an idea what might help

<Denise> but the rest.... the Fey world is real pretty

<Denise> oh?

<Hettienne> A little, anyhow

<Hettienne> Nycki an' me wanna do a little undercity trip.

<Denise> oh yeah?

  • Denise is definitely listening

<Hettienne> We got a tip, sorta, about some old treasure what might or might not be there

<Hettienne> But it's kinda something she wanted to do since old times.

<Hettienne> Aaaaanyway... *she* said maybe you an' your boy might want in

<Hettienne> What with him knowin' the ways and such. >.>

<Denise> ...she said that, did she? >.>

<Hettienne> I sweat I never mentioned it.

  • Denise sighs

<Hettienne> (swear)

<Hettienne> She just... already knew

<Denise> no, it figures :p

<Denise> is this like, a real thing?

<Denise> there's really a treasure?

<Hettienne> We don't for sure now

<Hettienne> (know)

<Hettienne> but, we gotta look

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> Supposed to be 'somethin' our people lost a long time ago'

<Denise> huh

<Denise> I bet Ander'd know about it

<Denise> well

<Hettienne> I dunno...

<Denise> maybe he 'd heard of it too, I mean

<Hettienne> Could be...

<Hettienne> I don't think Nyck'd be keen on bringin' him in, somehow

<Denise> Well I don't know that he'd be keen on goin' lookin' or nothin'

<Denise> but like, his gran I guess came out from the UNdercity, and she's still alive now

<Denise> so, just, if there *was* a treasure, maybe he'd heard about it, that's all :3

<Hettienne> Could be... the fella Nyck heard it from was old as balls.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I guess anyone who'd know much about it would gotta be

<Denise> but so

<Denise> you think that would be a good idea, for the four of us to go do wsomethin like that, all together?

<Hettienne> Hehe, like a double date is what I said to her :v

<Hettienne> Why not?

<Hettienne> You were worried 'bout her knowin' what Enver does, but she already knows, so what's the trouble?

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Denise> well I guess it'd give us somethin' to talk about >.>

<Denise> Like - it sounds real keen @_@

<Denise> even if there ain't a treasure, you know I like pokin' around down there :3

<Hettienne> Take your mind off that whatever it was.

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> I know if I ask him he'll be all keen to go

<Hettienne> It'll be fun! :3

<Denise> I just don't wanna get him in trouble >.>

<Denise> and I don't know if it would :p

<Hettienne> I'm sure he can make up his mind 'bout that

<Hettienne> I don't see a conflict, but ...

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Denise> .... Okay :3

<Hettienne> Awright! No we're on the trolley!

<Denise> :D

  • Hettienne seems pretty stoked.

<Hettienne> Lemme know what he says.

<Denise> oh I can tell you already :D

<Denise> (and I think we're probably good there?)

<Hettienne> (yupyup)

<Denise> (thanks :D)

<Hettienne> (np :))

Zola and Denise plan a joint birthday party

  • Zola is sitting at the bar after her set, drinking a cocktail and scratching at a little notepad

<Denise> hey Mlle Zola :3

  • Zola looks up

<Zola> Hey kid, how's things?  :)

  • Denise says, wandering up to the bar to fetch drinks for Ander and Ralf, who are Talking to People

<Denise> I think they're pretty good :)

<Denise> how are you?

<Zola> Just fine.

<Zola> I'm just thinking of what to do for my birthday... I think I'm going to have a party here in the back.

<Zola> I love parties, but planning them... not so much.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Denise> when's your birthday?

<Zola> Third month... sixteenth.

<Zola> It's always awkward too, when half your coworkers are still on the clock :)

<Denise> :o :o :o

<Denise> :D

<Denise> Oh gosh!

<Zola> What?

<Denise> That's *my* birthday :D

<Zola> Really? The sixteenth?

<Denise> yes! :D

<Zola> Well then oh MY gosh too!

<Zola> Do you usually do anything fun?

<Denise> When I was home, mam would make me a dince dinner

<Denise> when she could, anyway

<Denise> (nice dinner)

<Zola> Well, maybe we should have a double birthday party... after any family stuff...

<Denise> aww, this place is too fance for me @_@

<Zola> What are you talking about, you're here almost as much as I am :D

<Denise> yeah but I'm workin :3

<Zola> Well then invite your boss :)

<Denise> hah

<Denise> you probably got enough folks to fill up the back anyway

<Zola> Well, if you don't want to share a party, you still need to make sure you drop by!

<Zola> Friends too, if you want.

<Denise> I sounds like a fun time

  • Denise says, maybe a tad wistfully

<Denise> At least I gotta come by an have one of them cherry bombs with you :)

<Zola> Yes, you absolutely do.

<Zola> And you'll know some folk there anyway, from here if nothing else :)

<Denise> Maybe i could bring Enver by, I bet he'd think that was real swell

  • Denise considers

<Zola> Yes!

<Denise> an Mireva

<Zola> And Hettie too, of course.

<Denise> but Enver ain't never been here

  • Denise nods

<Zola> Well I'm sure any taxi driver can find it just fine :D

<Denise> oh, I just mean, he ain't even been before, like, I bet he'd think it was fun, is all :3

<Zola> I haven't figured out what to do for entertainment /exactly/ but we've got some time :)

<Denise> yeah, I guess you prolly wanna sit and watch somethin for once :)

<Denise> you could ask them folks from the Penumbra maybe?>

<Zola> Well, I might sing anyhow... some fun things, maybe some naughty things from before I was a respectable lady :)

<Denise> oh yeah? ^-^

  • Zola grins

<Zola> Yeah, my last gig wasn't quite so presentable :)

<Zola> The Penumbra might not be a bad idea ... though Jed's mother seemed to take issue with Bright, and he's sure to be there.

<Zola> Hmm... any ideas?

<Zola> I mean, like ...

<Zola> Kinds of music you'd like to see?

<Denise> you shoudl get Mico to perfom ^-^

<Zola> ... Hah!

<Denise> well, I guess he ain't really your style though

<Zola> Well my agent does know him ...

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Denise> :o

<Zola> Yeah, we've got the same agent.

<Denise> you ever met him? :o

<Zola> Uh, yeah, a few times...

<Zola> He's from out my way.

<Denise> that's so swell!

<Zola> I'd say birthdays are probably not his thing, but he did play a gig for Bright once... so I hear.

<Denise> well, he's a nob

<Denise> they get that kinda thing

<Zola> Yeah, he does have more money than he knows what to do with :P

<Denise> heh

<Denise> well, if he's lookin' for ideas, I got a fe ;)

<Zola> Yeah...

  • Zola looks pensive

<Denise> what?

<Zola> Oh, nothing... just thinking.

<Zola> You know my boy issue I was telling you about?

<Denise> uh huh

  • Zola sighs a little and reaches out to take a drink.

<Denise> not goin' so well?

<Denise> :/

<Zola> Well...

<Zola> I started to get worried that maybe he might have plans, like long term ones... and that I should sort that out...

<Zola> Well, turns out he does. When he first came back he said he'd just like for us to get to know each other again, see if it's like before... well I guess it's always been like before for him -_-

<Zola> And maybe he doesn't have plans exactly, but he's got dreams... a nice house, picket fences and a vacation spot on the coast maybe...

<Denise> gosh..

  • Denise tries to imagine having any of those things @_@

<Zola> He's a real romantic, but I don't know if I'm keen to settle down, or even able, y'know?

<Zola> So I said I needed to a little time ...

<Zola> I don't know whether I should invite him or not :(

<Denise> oh

<Denise> like, just as a friend?

  • Denise considers

<Zola> Yeah? I guess, maybe I should let him decide that.

<Denise> well

<Denise> would you still have as good a time if he were there as if he weren't?

<Zola> I think so?

<Denise> an if he weren't therem, would you have as good a time then?

<Zola> I'm not sure... it seems wrong not to have him there...

<Denise> maybe it'd be good to show him what you thing of as bein' a real swell time?

<Zola> Like, you mean a threesome?

<Denise> uh

<Zola> ... that's not what you meant

<Denise> well... that weren't what I was thinkin I guess @_@

<Denise> but like, its your birthday?

<Zola> I just thought maybe you meant like... try to get him into spicier things >_>

<Denise> well... kinda?

<Denise> I guess I mean more like.... if you like.... spicy things

<Zola> Hah!

<Denise> he oughtta get to see what all it means to you, for you to have a good time.

<Denise> if he's got these dreams an all, to se what what you want fits or don't?

<Denise> I dunno :/

<Zola> ... yeah, that's a smart way to put it, kid.

<Denise> (if what)

<Denise> I dunno, it all sounds real compicated to me

<Zola> My friend Valeen said I should spend less time worrying about how he's gonna feel, as he's an adult and all, but he's such a sweetie :/

  • Denise thinks about that

<Denise> well, there's a difference between not worryin' an' not carin. Like, maybe you don't gotta make him feel good about everythin', but that don't mean you can just do stuff you know is gonna hurt him and not care?

<Denise> like

<Denise> you don't gotta be mean?

<Zola> Yeah, of course... it's just... complicated, like you said.

<Zola> But no one ever said it wasn't going to be :P

<Denise> I just don't get how you can deal with more one.... or more'n one at a time @_@

<Zola> (more one?)

<Denise> (more'n one for both)

<Zola> (oh I see the distinction now)

<Zola> Well, when they're both so busy it makes the first one a little easier...

<Denise> (something something threesome HOW EVEN WHUT)

<Zola> And the latter's really quite easy...

  • Zola grins

<Zola> We've all got two sides... it's not like you have to stog 'em both in the same spot at the same time :P

<Zola> Though I hear some folk are into that

<Denise> ....

<Zola> It's like exercising, you've got to make sure you do your stretching first :D

<Denise> That's all... like... advanced techniques @_@

<Denise> I got plenty to deal with with just the one @_@

<Zola> Yeah, you better make sure you two get some practice in first :)

<Denise> oh yeah :)

<Denise> we're workin on that bit, anyway :3

  • Denise is looking a little red

<Zola> Awww :3

<Zola> Well maybe I'll get to meet him for our birthday :)

<Denise> yeah :D

<Zola> What's your favourite kind of cake?

<Denise> oh gosh, I don't know... maybe chocolate? :3

  • Zola jots that down

<Zola> I'll pen in Mico too, just for dreaming's sake :)

  • Denise grins

<Denise> heh, sure, you go ahead

<Denise> I gotta do somethi' nice for yoy too, though!

<Denise> I could make you a cake ^-^

<Denise> we could trade ^_^

<Zola> Oh dear, baking is not really my forté >_>

<Denise> well you ain't gotta

<Zola> Might be smarter for us to just give each other the pleasure of our company :D

<Denise> yeah

<Zola> It's early still, so we've got time to iron those things out.

  • Denise nods

<Zola> Speaking of iron... I've still got some cold iron shells for my new shotgun, for next time we go 'round the streets. :P

<Denise> yeah, I ain't ever thought about it this early before :o

<Denise> oh great!

<Zola> You punched that thing half into the ground before I had to use them

<Zola> :D

<Denise> yeah, it didn't seem to care too much 'bout Iron though

<Denise> thats

<Denise> why Argent was usin' his sword

<Zola> Yeah, it seemed like maybe that was the case... maybe we'll find out from that Flower Queen what it was...

<Denise> yeah well, you can let me know I guess

<Zola> I told Aubrienne I'd love to meet her, but I'm not sure she's taking any visitors... I mean, ones that aren't necessary, you know?

<Denise> is she even awake?

<Zola> I'm not sure yet, but surely the Princess'll find someone to sort her out.

<Zola> If she hasn't already, I mean.

<Denise> ...yeah >.>

<Zola> I guess she was taken to the house of that investigator's parents... Xandhil Orecalo?

<Zola> His father's a professor at the Castalia, and his mother is a librarian... or something.

<Denise> Uh, I ain'gt got no clue who that is :3

<Zola> The investigator? The guy who had the books Hugo and I read, and who gave the info to Aubrienne.

<Denise> oh right

<Zola> I guess they're all friends with the Princess... Tits too.

<Denise> wait, they're friends with Princess Tits, or they an Tits are friends with Princess Ilphere...?

<Zola> Both Princesses.

<Denise> wouldn't they be related?

<Zola> Well, by marriage?

<Zola> Or do you mean the Mr. Orecalo and Tits?

  • Zola looks confused

<Denise> gosh, I don't even know anyore @_@

<Zola> Princess Ilphere married the Emperor's brother.

<Denise> yeah, so she'd be Tits' aunt?

<Zola> Yeah, but that doesn't mean they were both close to this Xandhil's family :)

<Denise> I'm all confused -_-

<Zola> Maybe you need a drink :D

<Denise> crap!

  • Denise glances over

<Denise> I oughtta get back D:

<Zola> Hah, yeah, that's fair :)

<Zola> Say Hi to your boss-man for me.

<Denise> uh, okay :)

<Denise> I'll talk to you later :)

<Zola> Seeya kid.