Diablotin 3 session 19

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 19 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: August 16, 2015
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> The winter cold snap continues as it moves into Second Month. The weather is dark and dreary and frosty much of the time. However, this is good for business, as people seem to want to enjoy bright lights and loud music to lift their spirits.

<Lathra> (Huzzah!)

Lathra takes Gen to meet Tristan and Lurancy Rademacher

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you wanted to take Gen to visit Tristan Rademacher - you can arrange this meeting at his home some day at your convenience.

<DiablotinNarrator> Anything you two need to talk about before you get there?

<Lathra> (I think C may have wanted to do another scene today, but maybe that's better as a solo?)

  • Genevriel needs to ask Lathra about how to work things out if she moves in with her aunt and uncle, but this might not be the right time for that.
  • Genevriel would, however, like to know a little about this Tristan person and why we're going to see him, before she goes.

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, this is not the best time for that - you guys don't need my help on that :)

<DiablotinNarrator> but if you want to ask any questions about Tristan, or about what you can or should talk to him about, that sort of thing, this is a good time for that

<Genevriel> So... Mlle. Scales - aside from recognizing that he is from a House Wolf noble family, I don't really know anything about this M. Rademacher. Who is he, exactly, and why are we going to see him?

<Lathra> Well, Gen dear, Tristan is a fellow priest of Serpent, and it's largely in that capacity that I wanted to consult him. He's a dear friend and I'm hoping that he can either shed some light on your condition, or point us towards somebody who can.

<Genevriel> All right...

<Lathra> He helped me a lot when I was first investigating the tree-dreams with Aubrienne, as well.

<Genevriel> Tree dreams?

<Lathra> Oh my, have I forgotten to tell you anything about that? I felt sure we'd discussed it in connection with your own problems and Seda Grove...

<Lathra> Various people having Seda-grove related dreams and visions, some to the detriment of their health.

<Lathra> Nasty business, all in all.

<Genevriel> I wasn't at Seda Grove, Mlle. Scales. I spent the whole war in Psyra, not Korytsa.

<Lathra> Yes, quite right. Where is my mind?

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.

<Genevriel> Plainly going in many directions at once. Mine often does that as well.

<Genevriel> So... what have you discerned about these dreams and Seda Grove? And how might they link to my situation?

<Genevriel> I know there was a fire there...

  • Genevriel shudders.

<Lathra> Well, I'm not sure if they *link* to your situation per se, but... they do seem similar to me. I've tried to remain as sceptical as I can be in both cases, but if we take them at face value they're both related to the return or existence of ancient powers affecting us now...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> It's tenuous but worth a try.

<Genevriel> Very well.

<Lathra> The Seda grove dreams certainly seem linked to the supernatural attacks that we've experienced. It seems like these "fey" are trying to return to our plane, by means of growing a special gate-tree.

<Lathra> I'm summarizing and probably not accurate, but... that's how I understand it.

<Genevriel> Well, you've made this appointment so we'd better honour it. I should like to discuss this other avenue you've been pursuing with you in greater depth, though.

<Lathra> Now, for your particular problem, I am mostly hoping that we can find someone who might know more about "The""... uh, it.

<Lathra> Yes, let's not keep him waiting, while we stand on his doorstep!

  • Lathra knocks
  • Tristan welcomes you into his home, and his (noticably pregnant) wife will bring you some refreshments

<Tristan> It's nice to meet you, Mlle. Doucette. I'm glad you and Lathra were able to come by.

<Genevriel> Thank you, M. Rademacher.

<Genevriel> And thank you, Mme. Rademacher for the refreshments.

<Lurancy> You're very welcome, of course!

<Tristan> Do you mind if my wife stays for this conversation? She's also a priest, and aside from that, much wiser than I am :)

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> I think that would be acceptable but I do hope you will both keep everything in confidence.

<Tristan> Certainly.

<Lurancy> Of course we will.

  • Tristan is happy to spend some time chatting politely about unimportant things to help set you at ease, also, but we don't need to go through all that ;)

<Lathra> Tristan has been very accomodating to requests of discretion in the past

  • Genevriel nods.

<Lathra> So Genevriel would you feel comfortable outlining your situation, or would you prefer me to have a go?

<Genevriel> I can do it.

  • Genevriel explains her story again.
  • Tristan and Lurancy listen to the tale

<Genevriel> So, there you have it.

  • Genevriel concludes.
  • Genevriel will fill them in on who she has already approached for assistance in figuring out the mystery.

<Tristan> May I ask a few questions?

<Genevriel> Yes, of course.

<Tristan> Do you hear the voices all the time, or does it come and go? Do certain things seem to bring them on more strongly?

<Genevriel> They're there all the time, but sometimes they're easier to ignore than others.

<Tristan> What helps you to ignore them?

<Genevriel> Drinking, mostly. And being engaged in conversations with other people. Then I tend to focus on external stimuli, whereas when I'm on my own, the internal comes to the fore.

<Tristan> Do you have trouble sleeping, also?

<Genevriel> Yes. Oh, yes.

<Genevriel> And nightmares. Both waking and asleep.

  • Tristan nods

<Tristan> Well, one thing I'd like to suggest trying to start with is a spell that should help you rest.

<Tristan> It can prevent nightmares and any external influences on your dreams

<Genevriel> So in theory it will help us determine whether this is actually an external influence or part of me.

<Tristan> Yes.

<Tristan> I feel like I could probably teach it to Mlle. Scales, if she isn't already familiar with it.

<Genevriel> What is the spell?

<Tristan> It's called 'pleasant dreams'.

<Genevriel> Perhaps I could even learn it myself. Though perhaps one cannot cast it on oneself.

<DiablotinNarrator> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/4-winds-fantasy-gaming---3rd-party-spells/pleasant-dreams

<Tristan> If you want to try and learn it, of course I'd be happy to assist.

<Genevriel> I would try, if I could use it on myself. But The One might have different plans for me.

<Lathra> Is that the one you've been using for my other friend, Tristan? It seems very useful in these particular times.

<Tristan> Yes, that's the same one

<Tristan> It lasts for a full day, so it can be cast anytime, not just before sleep

<Lathra> Well Gen, I can certainly vouch for the results in my friend's case - I firmly believe that spell to be responsable for saving his life.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Should we tell them what your attempts to translate the voices have resulted in?

  • Genevriel asks Lathra.

<Lathra> We could, if you think you might be able to help us identify this entity, Tristan?

<Tristan> Well, I can certainly try, though I can't promise of course.

  • Genevriel lets Lathra recite the words.

<Lathra> Well, we have a lot of holes and garbled fragments, but there was a part that was rather clear...

<Lathra> I believe it went

<Lathra> "You are the instrument; We are the song.

<Lathra> You are the brush; We are the colours.

<Lathra> You are the fuel; We are the fire

<Lathra> You are the harvest; We are the seed."

  • Tristan and Lurancy glance at one another as they listen

<Tristan> That's worrying.

<Genevriel> (SM? Do they seem to recognize something about it? Or are they just as confused as we are?)

  • Tristan and Lurancy seem confused, yes, and also concerned
  • Genevriel tenses; one of her concerns has always been that it's an evil influence. :/

<Genevriel> How so?

<Lathra> It *is* more than a little ominous, isn't it?

  • Tristan nods

<Tristan> I mean it's worrying in terms of what happens to fuel in a fire, or harvests when they're ripe.

<Tristan> I feel like, whatever this is, it isn't Serpent speaking with you.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Tristan> Of course I can't be positive, but I've never known Serpent to be plural, if that makes sense.

<Lurancy> Serpent is one entity, though vast and encompassing.

<Genevriel> I suppose that I haven't really thought it was Serpent, either. I have an idea that it might be the one star at the centre of the Wheel, but it is just a feeling and might easily just be my poor mortal brain trying to categorize it into something I can make sense of.

  • Lurancy agrees

<Tristan> If that's your feeling, it may not be wrong - even if you're trying to put it into some form that makes sense to you, it might not be based on nothing.

<Tristan> Maybe what speaks to you is the stars, in a sense.

<Genevriel> I just really want to know what it is... Whether I'm a threat to myself or anybody else.

<Tristan> There was - maybe is - a place called the Court of Stars. Before the gods of the wheel arose, it was a sacred place.

  • Genevriel is getting a little upset but she isn't on the verge of breaking down. She's just desperate to understand.
  • Genevriel listens

<Tristan> The beings who existed there were powerful, perhaps divine even... I don't know if, like you said, this is my human mind trying to put it into a way I can understand, but I think of it as being like our Great Council - a meeting place for important discussions.

<Tristan> We recognize some of these beings today, and we can put names to them, and try and grasp what they are. Emkathon, Kavreshar - they were emissaries of Serpent, vastly powerful in their own rights. But there were others, perhaps many others.

<Tristan> What happened to them, where they went when the changes happened, I don't know. But such powerful entities likely didn't just die or fade away.

<Lurancy> Maybe they changed, like the angels did.

<Tristan> Maybe.

<Genevriel> What was their purpose, do you know?

<Genevriel> Emkathon and Kavreshar were servants of Serpent, were they not?

<Tristan> That's correct

<Genevriel> Whom did the other courtiers serve?

<Tristan> Other gods - ones we have forgotten, or never knew.

<Tristan> I suspect that the elves - maybe some Shadar-kai too - know more about the Court of Stars, simply by virtue of being so much older. But getting them to discuss it might be ... challenging. They put aside their gods long ago, after all.

<Tristan> What beings the elves worshipped long ago ... maybe they're still there?

<Lathra> (Would I know anybody from home who would be likely to know more about the court of stars?)

<Tristan> I don't know, this is only me speculating what entities could have given you these powers.

<Tristan> (from home meaning people still on the shadow plane, or people here, or either?)

  • Genevriel sort of laughs. "What could a god of elves want with a human like me?"

<Genevriel> Well, M. Orecalo might know something, I suppose. I could ask.

<Tristan> I don't know. I don't know if that's what this is. Like you said, we're trying to understand things that are, at some level, fundamentally beyond our ability to grasp.

<Lathra> (shadow plane I was thinking, although there could be people in the SK community I guess?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (The big library at Llorfir on the Shadow Plane - a librarian there might know things, or know where to find them anyway?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (conveniently, one of M. Orecalo's sons works there, as did his partner Dozilva :)

<Lathra> (oho!)

<Tristan> Sanadhil Orecalo?

  • Tristan inquires
  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I met him after a rough night on the Downs last fall.

<Tristan> He could certainly be of help - or others of his family, as well.

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Lathra> I've met him too - he helped us research the Fey, and Seda grove.

<Genevriel> It's worth a try.

<Lathra> It certainly is! Thank you so much for all your help Tristan.

<Tristan> Anytime. And I'll help you with that spell, at the very least - maybe getting some better rest will help.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Thank you.

<Tristan> Of course.

<Lurancy> If you ever want to return, just to talk, you're more than welcome.

<Genevriel> All right, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

  • Genevriel needs to sort out her feelings about the Church of Serpent before she starts hanging out with more of its priests than just Lathra as friends.
  • Genevriel doesn't quite trust them not to make her participate in a human sacrifice or orgy.

On their way home...

<Lathra> Well, that was more productive than I expected! Some rather wild theories to fit a rather wild case.

  • Genevriel nods

<Genevriel> Well, even if none of them pan out, we might be one step further along if we try that spell and it does silence my dreams.

<Genevriel> Then we'll know it is an external influence.

<Genevriel> That's something, right?

<Lathra> Absolutely! And quite aside from that, you might get a decent night's sleep, and a day free of nightmares.

  • Genevriel smiles wryly. "So you will get a decent night's sleep, too."

<Genevriel> I suppose the next thing will be to make an appointment with M. Orecalo at the university.

<Genevriel> But I think I will leave that for another day.

<Lathra> At the university? Not at his little shop?

<Genevriel> Shop?

<Genevriel> M. Orecalo is a lecturer at the Castalia...

<Lathra> Is he now? I never knew, I've only met him for private contracting.

<Genevriel> To be quite honest, I can't picture him running a shop. I don't think he is exactly a people person, which would seem to be requisite to shop-keeping.

<Lathra> He seemed rather charming to me, perfectly at ease.

<Genevriel> We... must be referring to different M. Orecalos.

<Genevriel> The one I know brandished his walking stick at me. Mind you, I had passed out in his yard.

<Lathra> Could there really be more than one? Still, I did think Tristan said "Xanadhil Orecalo"

<Genevriel> The names sounds similar but there is an extra syllable in the name of the gentleman I know. Sanadhil.

<Lathra> I really must start keeping a book of contacts.

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> My M. Orecalo was going to look into things for me anyway; now I have two reasons to visit him again.

<Lathra> Fabulous!

<Genevriel> Orecalos aside, I've been thinking about living arrangements, Mlle. Scales.

<Lathra> Oh? I imagine you must have, I'm sorry it's so cramped in my apartment...

  • Genevriel would have told you after her interrogation what happened - she's not being charged with anything, but her pension was discontinued.
  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> No, it's not that, Mlle. Scales - you've been more than kind.

<Genevriel> But with my pension gone, I shan't be able to keep my boarding house room anymore. Now, don't panic; I'm not proposing that I become your roommate permanently.

<Lathra> Well now I wasn't about to panic, but do go on!

<Genevriel> I've been thinking of taking up my aunt and uncle's offer of staying with them, after all. Dorien thought it would be all right, in spite of my uncle's health difficulties.

<Lathra> That seems reasonable, yes. Do they know about the difficulties you've been struggling with?

<Genevriel> No, I would have to lay out for them exactly what they might expect to deal with if I were to live with them.

<Genevriel> So they could make an informed decision.

<Genevriel> I realized while talking to M. Merrion the other day that I... well I think I want to see if living with them can help me regain some sense of belonging to a family.

<Genevriel> I don't feel that way; haven't since mine died.

<Lathra> That seems wisest, yes. If you're worried about it I'm sure you could be... selective with the details, but it'd be best if they knew how it could affect them, and how they can support you.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Lathra> Oh that would be wonderful, for you to have a family!

<Lathra> And of course if you're having a rough day you'd always be welcome to treat my home as a retreat.

<Genevriel> Thank you; Dorien said the same.

  • Genevriel smiles a little.

<Genevriel> Do you think this will make it hard to keep on track with- with quitting the drinks, though?

<Lathra> If your family are happy to work with us, I don't think it'll be a problem.

<Genevriel> All right... Do you think you ought to be present when I meet with them to see if they would mind my moving in with them?

<Genevriel> I'll need to introduce you anyway, but apart from that, you might be able to provide them with some insights about my... difficulties... that you may have.

<Lathra> I certainly can be if you'd like me to, dear!

<Genevriel> It might be sensible.

<Lathra> Well then count me in!

<Genevriel> I'll see when Tante Sylvise and Oncle Jerard might be free to meet, and let you know, then.

<Lathra> Excellent

<Genevriel> So, I'd be interested to learn more about these tree dreams, and Seda Grove...

<Genevriel> There was, apparently, a dryad? - perhaps a hamadryad - on our farm, but I never met her.

<Lathra> Oh yes, I'm sorry again for not telling you earlier!

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> It's quite all right; I expect I've been too preoccupied to pay much attention, anyway.

  • Lathra tells as much as we have time for, minus unneccesary names.

Dorien takes Misery to inquire about an apprenticeship with Julienne Sormet

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you arrange to meet Mme. Sormet for lunch at a little bistro in the Place D'Iena.

<Dorien> (Perfect)

  • Misery tries to look respectable
  • Dorien will wear a reasonably nice suit. Likely the clothes his mother got him for the holidays >.>
  • Julienne will arrive a few minutes late, looking apologetic and a bit rushed

<Julienne> Sorry I'm late!

<Dorien> Mme. Sormet! No problem at all! It's good to see you again. Is everything alright?

<Julienne> Oh, yes, it's just difficult to get away from work when there are experiments in process.

<Julienne> I'm sure you know how it is.

<Dorien> I can imagine. I recall last time I saw you, you were investigating a very unique compound. Did you ever make any progress on that?

<DiablotinNarrator> (just looking something up)

<Julienne> Some progress... the effects are very puzzling, though.

<Julienne> Quite random, as far as I can tell

<Dorien> Interesting...

<Julienne> Yes, the strange fluids are very risky. I certainly wouldn't advise them for casual consumption!

  • Dorien laughs, "No, definitely not."

<Dorien> Where did you acquire that specimen, anyway?

  • Misery sort of clears her throat politely

<Dorien> Oh...

<Dorien> ummm... right.

<Dorien> Sorry

<Misery> Hi.

<Misery> I'm Misery Vshal. Nice to meet you.

<Dorien> Mme. Sormet, this is Misery. She's a... friend of mine.And kind of my apprentice

<Julienne> Julienne Sormet, it's a pleasure to meet you as well.

<Julienne> 'Kind of'? :)

<Dorien> It's... complicated.

<Dorien> But she's shown a particular aptitude for alchemy. She's picking things up very quickly.

<Julienne> Oh?

<Dorien> Yes, in fact... that was kind of part of why I asked to meet you.

<Julienne> Well - let's order some lunch, and discuss it further.

<Dorien> Of course

  • Dorien will flag down a waiter

<DiablotinNarrator> Once you've managed to order some food, and have drinks in front of you, you can resume your discussion

<Julienne> So... you said it was part of why you asked to see me?

<Dorien> Yes. I ummm... I really hate asking favors of you after all this time, but... I was hoping I could persuade you to take on Misery as an apprentice. Part-time, at least.

<Dorien> or, if not, perhaps you know of someone who's in the market for one.

<Julienne> Oh...

<Julienne> Well, at the moment I already have an apprentice, Blanca. She's still just at the start of her training, and it will be several years before I could think about taking on a new student.

<Julienne> But perhaps I know someone...

  • Dorien nods solemly, but perks up at that last part.

<Dorien> Oh?

  • Julienne rifles through her bag, finding a piece of paper and a pencil eventually
  • Julienne scribbles down a few names

<Julienne> There - I don't know if any of them would be interested, but at least you could ask.

  • Julienne has written down names and contact information for three people

<Julienne> Emund Villaire is an excellent scholar - a bit temperamental, but brilliant.

<Dorien> Thank you. I really appreciate it.

<Julienne> Jois Cuvelle is quite reclusive, and I don't know if she'd be interested in an apprentice, but it's worth a shot.

<Julienne> And Korisse Severin is highly sought-after... she probably has requests from people wanting to work with her all the time. But I'd be willing to put in a good word with her for you.

<Dorien> Korisse Severin?

<Julienne> Yes, the film director, maybe you've heard of her?

<Dorien> I used to know a Korisse Valent when I worked at the plant.

<Julienne> Oh, yes, that's her - her married name is Severin.

  • Dorien raises and eyebrow

<Julienne> Well... I could put in a good word for Misery, at least.

<Julienne> >.>

<Dorien> Interesting... That's a very definite lead. We used to get along pretty well. Although... I don't know how she'd feel about seeing me after I'd blown up part of her family's plant.

<Dorien> I... would appreciate that.

<Dorien> Misery really is talented, and I'd hate to see that talent go to waste.

<Julienne> Maybe, so I'm not speaking out of friendship rather than actual knowledge, you'd be willing to join me this afternoon at my lab so I could see what you can do.

  • Julienne suggests to Misery.

<Misery> Ah... sure.

  • Dorien will squeeze her hand reassuringly under the table.
  • Misery gives you a bit of a nervous smile

<Julienne> Wonderful :)

<Dorien> Bear in mind she's had me for a teacher 'til now ;)

<Julienne> Well, I'm sure she can manage some basics, at least.

<Dorien> Definitely. I have every confidence in her.

  • Dorien will smile at Misery
  • Misery smiles back

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, after lunch Misery and Julienne can head off back to her lab, unless you had more to discuss?

<Dorien> Nothing specific. Just making small talk and catching up

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, cool

Zola talks about Noren with Valeen

<DiablotinNarrator> Did you want to meet Valeen in private (at her place, or yours) or somewhere else?

  • Zola would likely want to meet someplace semi-private at least. If Valeen wants to convince her to go out, she would, as long as it's a place with nice private booths :P

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - private booths at a bar it is, so that people can bring you drinks

  • Zola does admit that liquour might be appropriate
  • Valeen will already have a drink on the table for you when you get there
  • Zola is dressed simply, for her, in a plain black skirt and top, and relatively low heels.
  • Zola gives Valeen a kiss on the cheek before slumping down on her side of the booth

<Zola> Hey hun :/

  • Valeen gives you a concerned hug

<Valeen> What's the trouble?

<Zola> I'm an idiot :(

<Valeen> Why, what did you do? :o

<Zola> Well, things were going pretty well with Noren but...

<Zola> I didn't really know what he wanted out of things... us...

<Zola> Things were so nice, and sometimes I'd still see Bright or someone else... I just figured it wasn't anything to worry about.

  • Valeen nods

<Valeen> so what went wrong?

<Zola> We were just getting to know each other... I figured it wasn't the same as before, right? He's older, he's working so hard at his job, he has a moustache... maybe he's got his mind on his family duties too right? Maybe he just wanted to have fun...

<Zola> Well, it started to bug me, not knowing for sure... so I ask him, and he says he's serious...

<Zola> ... like, white picket fence serious. That he's always felt like that and he's just been giving me space so as not to spook me.

<Valeen> o_O

<Zola> And I just don't know what to do... I don't know if I'm ready for that, or if it's even want I want now :(

<Valeen> so.. why are you an idiot?

<Zola> Because we've been seeing each other for months and I should have asked sooner, now he's hurt, and maybe he'll be hurt even more when I decide what I want ;_;

<Valeen> Why's he hurt? You asked, he told you what he was thinking... did you tell him to shove off or something?

<Zola> I told him I need time >_>

<Zola> And that I'd been seeing other guys >_>

<Valeen> Did he get all bent out of shape about that?

<Zola> Not... like a pretzel?

  • Valeen nods

<Zola> He didn't look too thrilled...

<Zola> He's been picturing something different than I have.

<Valeen> What were you picturing?

<Zola> I don't know? What we were doing?

<Zola> I figured... there'd be some sort of *change* when it was time to take it to another stage, but it was all so... comfortable, like slipping into old comfortable clothes.

<Valeen> Sweetie... what do *you* want?

<Zola> I don't know ;_;

<Valeen> Don't worry about whether it's going to hurt his feelings, or what he'll think.

<Valeen> He's a big boy, he'll get over it, whatever it turns out to be.

<Zola> I just wish I'd been more careful.

<Zola> I don't want him to be dragged along behind me while I figure out what I want.

<Valeen> If you could have things however you wanted, how would it look?

<Zola> I don't know...

  • Zola tilts her glass and watches the liquid swirl around

<Zola> I ... want more, I guess... I'm not ready to just settle in.

<Zola> Maybe if it was a mad love I could surrender to it, but this is ... different.

<Valeen> how so?

<Zola> It's... like I said, more familiar, comfortable... kindof like an old friend, but a lover too?

  • Valeen nods

<Valeen> Do you love him?

<Zola> I do... I just don't know if it's the kind of love he deserves anymore.

<Zola> I don't want him to settle for someone who isn't going to settle down the way he wants. What's the good in that?

<Zola> He says he doesn't want me to be a housewife or anything, but ...

<Valeen> How about letting him handle his own feelings, and you worry about yours. Let him make up his own mind about whether he wants to stick around while you figure things out.

<Valeen> Or whether there are compromises he's willing to make so that he can be with you.

<Valeen> If there aren't, or if he doesn't think he can wait, then so long.

  • Zola sighs

<Zola> And what if he's being a fool? What if his love is a mad love and I end up hurting him, or using him? ;_;

<Valeen> Then that was a risk he took. You can't protect him from ever getting hurt, honey.

<Zola> I know... that's a part of it all...

  • Zola sighs, not really content with that, even though she might have said it matter of factly a week ago

<Valeen> You worry about you.

<Valeen> And if what you think want is to have more fun, then try that out and see how it goes?

<Valeen> If you're at a party with boys all around you and you're still thinking 'I miss Noren' then maybe that's a sign...

  • Zola nods
  • Zola dabs at her eyes a bit with a napkin

<Zola> I just feel guilty.

  • Valeen takes your hand

<Valeen> It's okay... You need to do what's best for you, not what's best for someone else. You shouldn't squish yourself into a different shape just to make him happy.

  • Zola gives it a squeeze in return.

<Zola> You're right.

  • Zola finishes her drink

<Zola> I just wish it was easier to think about him sad... like if he were a jerk or something :P

<Valeen> He could be a perfectly wonderful fellow, and still not be the right fellow for you. There's nothing wrong with that.

  • Zola nods

<Zola> So your prescription is to take two parties and call you in the morning? :)

<Valeen> At least two, and don't call me because I'm sleeping in after all those parties.

<Valeen> At least wait until the afternoon :)

<Zola> It's only decent :D

<Zola> Hector likes to call early in the morning, ugh!

<Valeen> Ugh... unacceptable.

<Valeen> Take some time, too. At least a month or two, or more if you need it.

  • Zola nods

<Valeen> If he loves you, that's no time at all to wait.

<Zola> I was thinking of maybe writing him a letter, do you think that's alright?

<Valeen> Depends on what it says, I suppose?

<Zola> I was thinking maybe it would be easier to put things into words that way...

<Zola> Instead of getting all worked up >_>

  • Valeen nods

<Zola> Or should I just... leave it be for a while?

<Valeen> You could write it, and then decide whether you really want to send it.

<Valeen> Maybe getting the words on paper would be enough, and you can stuff it in a drawer instead.

<Zola> What an awful thing to do to a poor letter from the heart

  • Zola pretend-sulks

<Zola> I suppose I could put it in my altar...

<Zola> That might work...

<Valeen> Well, look at it this way. If you got back together with him later, you could show it to him in 50 years when you're old and grey together, and laugh ;)

<Zola> It's a nice thought.

<Valeen> Putting it on your altar is a good thought.

  • Valeen orders us another round of drinks
  • Zola will steal another hug from Valeen in the meantime
  • Valeen has many hugs to share!

<Zola> Thanks.

Denise asks her mom about boys

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you wanted to stop by and see your mother?

<Denise> yes :3

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay- morning time?

<Denise> yeah

  • Elcina is up when you arrive, and her caregiver is puttering around in the kitchen, cleaning up from breakfast and so forth
  • Denise is a little tired from being up all night, and probaly still in her work clothes

<Denise> Mornin?

<Elcina> good morning, sweetheart :)

  • Elcina seems in a good mood, alert and not in too much discomfort

<Denise> hey mam :)

  • Denise will give her a big, but still careful, hug, then
  • Elcina hugs back gently

<Elcina> how are you doing?

<Denise> aww, I'm alright...

<Denise> how 'bout you?

<Denise> are things workin' out okay?

<Denise> with, uh..

  • Denise glances at the caretaker shose name Mikel probably told her but she forgets >.>

<Denise> your helper? >.>

<Elcina> yes, it's going well. Her name's Fay, she's a nice girl - she was a nurse in the war.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> you like her then?

<Elcina> Oh yes, we get along well, and she's a big help.

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> is she from' 'round here?

  • Denise asks, meaning the shambles
  • Elcina nods

<Elcina> She's one of us.

  • Denise grins

<Denise> well, a'right, I'm glad it's goin okay, then

  • Denise triiiiiiies not to think about the money stuff for now :(

<Elcina> thank you for helping with all this

<Denise> you're my mam - I gotta take care of you :3

<Elcina> well, I just wanted you to know it isn't taken for granted

<Denise> I know...

<Elcina> Even your father said the other night that things were better here lately.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well, good >.>

<Denise> I'm glad he's bein'...alright... about it

  • Elcina nods

<Denise> are things goin' better wth him an' Mickey?

<Elcina> Well... so-so, I guess.

<Denise> :/

<Denise> I told 'im he shoudl look at movin' in with uncle Alain

<Elcina> Oh, that might be a good idea... at least, I think your father couldn't really object, and Mikel would do him some good, so he isn't alone so much.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> maybe that'll work out, anyway...

  • Elcina nods
  • Denise sighs and g;ances back over at Fay

<Elcina> It's better than Mikel living who knows where. At least we'd know where he is and who he's with.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise fidgets with her hair

<Denise> mam....

<Elcina> yes, dear?

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> <.<

<Denise> ...Can I ask you about....some....boy things?

<Elcina> oh! of course :)

<Denise> Just, things are goin' real nice with Enver...

  • Elcina nods, smiling

<Denise> But don't wanna....end up gettin' into somethin' either of us ain't ready for.

  • Elcina nods more seriously, listening
  • Denise has thought a bit about how to say that part so it doesn't sound just liek "I don't wanna end up like you an' da"

<Denise> I just... I dunno what to do an I don't knweo what I want an what I'm doin' :/

<Elcina> oh, honey.

  • Elcina takes your hand

<Denise> 'Cept I do know what I want

<Denise> I just odn't know if I'm being smart about it :/

  • Elcina nods

<Elcina> When I was around your age, I felt the same way. Only what my mother told me was... well, it was some advice that wasn't so good.

<Denise> mm >.>

  • Denise is not Surprised to hear that

<Elcina> I love you, Denise, and I don't regret that we had you, not at all. I don't want you to think that's what I mean.

  • Denise nods, though she has somewhat confused issues on that matter too

<Elcina> But if we'd waited a little longer, things might have gone easier for us, and for you kids too.

<Denise> yeah :/

<Denise> I was thinkin' bout that, and with Maisie too...

  • Elcina nods

<Elcina> But... there's things you can do that won't wind up with a baby on the way.

<Denise> that's what everyone says >.>

<Elcina> Do you need more... details?

<Denise> no >.>

<Elcina> okay.

  • Denise does not need Details form her mother D:

<Denise> i talks to Mireva 'bout stuff... an just... I dunno

<Denise> Like

<Denise> I just feel like, it don't matter what I say afore hand

<Denise> but once things get, uh...

  • Denise is fidgeting desperately and not looking at her mother

<Denise> going

<Denise> like...

<Denise> then maybe that ain't what I want

  • Elcina nods

<Denise> and I'll just do somethin' dumb 'cause I ain't thinkin'

<Elcina> There's two of you there, he can do some thinkin' of his own too.

  • Elcina says bluntly

<Elcina> It ain't all on you, or it shouldn't be, if he's a good man.

<Denise> he is...

  • Elcina nods

<Denise> :(

<Elcina> but the bigger thing, the one you need to sort out for you an' him, is this - if something *did* happen, by accident or whatever, would you two wanna stick together an' work on making it work?

<Elcina> because - you don't gotta stick with him forever just 'cause there's a baby. you got your family to help you too.

<Elcina> but it does make things easier if he helps.

<Denise> Ugh, why can't boys be the ones who have babies >:|

  • Elcina smiles at that

<Denise> that wouldn't be so bad

<Elcina> maybe in our next lives we get to switch :)

<Denise> if we get next lives :p

<Denise> but then it woudln't be me an' him anyway :/

  • Elcina squeezes your hand

<Elcina> The gods will take care of worryin' about that.

<Denise> I know I gotta talk to him more

<Denise> and I know there's stuff we can do, or like... potions an stuff

  • Elcina nods

<Denise> but I dunno

<Denise> Mireva said you can use 'em for like... days an days after but that do't sound right :p

<Elcina> They work fine, as long as you take them soon after.

<Denise> an how do you know if they're any good?

<Denise> I mean, before >.>

<Denise> 'cause Maisie said she was bein' real careful with stuff :/

<Elcina> :/

<Elcina> I guess there's always somethin' that can go wrong.

<Elcina> Nothing's perfect.

<Denise> and plus then its just somethin' else I gotta buy :/

<Elcina> If he doesn't want a baby, he can chip in for that, I'd say.

<Elcina> It sounds like he's a nice young man and he'll want to figure it out with you.

<Denise> he's real nice - an real smart

  • Elcina smiles

<Denise> I just like him a lot

<Elcina> I'm glad

<Elcina> I'd like to meet him sometime :)

<Denise> you did meet him...

<Elcina> oh, yes - at the festival party?

  • Denise nods, but tries to cover a different kind of sad
  • Elcina tries to remember

<Denise> I guess it was real busy, and we weren't here long

<Elcina> I'm sorry, honey. You know I get a bit foggy too, after I've had my tea.

<Denise> I know

<Elcina> I do remember him, though.

<Denise> :(

<Elcina> But it would be nice if we had the chance to talk when it was less busy.

<Elcina> .. and for your father to get to know him, too.

<Denise> Da ain't gonna like him so I dunno 'bout that :p

  • Denise sighs

<Elcina> He ain't gotta like him, he's just gotta know the man who's courting his daughter so he recognizes him if they met on the street. He can act polite for an hour if he has to.

<Elcina> I'll have some words with him.

<Denise> well.... I'll ask 'im >.>

  • Denise has faith Enver can avoid running into her dad on the street, at least >.>
  • Elcina nods

<Denise> thanks mam

  • Denise gives her mother another hug
  • Elcina hugs back

<Elcina> I'm happy you've found a fellow you like so much. I hope you'll work things out.

Argent goes on a date with Mireva

  • Mireva wants to go out to a shadar-kai club :)
  • Argent is open to whatever to spend time with her.
  • Argent is not sure how to dress for something like that

<Argent> So how do you dress for something like that?

<Mireva> You can wear something nice, not too stuffy? Some of the people there will have a lot less on, but they won't kick you out for wearing pants.

  • Mireva says with a smile

<Mireva> Whatever you feel comfortable in, really.

<Argent> That's good, cause' it is cold out.

<Mireva> Yeah, you don't want to freeze your buns off.

<Mireva> 'Cause they're cute :3

  • Argent will pick a nice dark navy shirt and black pants.
  • Mireva dresses in a sparkly short black dress with a fringe at the hem
  • Mireva will bring you to the Eclipse

<DiablotinNarrator> The club is not nearly as crowded and busy as it gets at Tits' some nights. It's more laid back, with people lounging in small groups and having conversation. There is music being performed, but it's quiet enough to talk over.

  • Argent will gaze over the crowd, trying to get a feel for the place

<DiablotinNarrator> You'd say about 80% of the people there are Shadar-kai, with a few humans in the mix

<Argent> Hey, I don't stand out that much :)

<Mireva> Oh I don't know about that ;) You look great.

  • Mireva will lead you to a low table where you can sit on cushions
  • Argent may have coloured at the comment, or it may be the cold.

<Argent> different

<Mireva> Ugh, I should have picked a longer skirt

<Argent> but then you're legs would be hidden.

<Mireva> heh

<Mireva> but it would be easier to sit without giving the entire crowd a show ;)

<Argent> graceful flop?

<Argent> I could help you down

  • Mireva will accept your offer :)

<Mireva> I mean, there are times when giving the entire club a show is the point, but maybe not right now.

  • Argent will gently lower her down, alowing Mireva to keep her secrets
  • Argent will then slip down beside her
  • Mireva snuggles up next to you once you're settled

<Mireva> there, that's nice :)

<Argent> Is this a special event or are there different theme nights

<Argent> ?

<Mireva> There's different types of entertainment, but I don't know if it goes on a schedule or anything like that - maybe more whoever feels like performing any given time

<Argent> and tonight?

<Argent> do you know or will it be a surprise for both of us?

<Mireva> Sometimes there's poetry, or dancing, or music... sometimes things get a bit more spicy...

<Argent> spicy?

<Argent> they serve curry?

  • Mireva grins
  • Argent jokes

<Mireva> Not like that

<Mireva> I mean like sex shows :)

<Argent> wow

<Mireva> But tonight they've got a pair of entertainers from the Shadow Plane - illusionists, shadow magic, that sort of thing

  • Mireva looks to see if you're disappointed or relieved ;)

<Argent> that sounds neat

  • Argent has a somewhat relieved vibe

<Mireva> We could come back for another show sometime, if you're up for that. but I wasn't sure that would be your thing.

<Mireva> I know we've been taking things pretty slow, and...

<Argent> It was a good call to pick this show.

  • Mireva nods

<Argent> I would have stayed, because of you, but I'm not sure how well... I'm just...

<Argent> not that experienced in that sort of thing.

<Mireva> it's okay

  • Argent says a shyly
  • Mireva gives you a kiss on the cheek

<Mireva> You're real cute when you blush.

  • Argent will sqeeze her

<Argent> I am willing to learn, with the right teacher.

<Mireva> well, if you do wanna move things along, I'm happy to help :)

  • Argent smiles

<Mireva> but for now, we can enjoy the show

<Argent> ok

  • Argent struggles to control the swirling urges.

<Argent> maybe a drink as well

<Mireva> sure. they have drinks that aren't Onyx here, you know, for humans and stuff :)

  • Argent nods
  • Mireva will order us some drinks

<Argent> ah to be recieving drinks instead of bringing them... its a nice change

  • Mireva settles in with you to enjoy the performance, then

<Mireva> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> Although the show is not actually a sex show, but is focused on the magic, the costumes of the two women performing are ... quite revealing, let's say. So it may amount to about the same thing for Argent ;)

<Argent> (where do they keep thier component pouch?!"

<DiablotinNarrator> (lol)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think you know where)

  • Argent will be a little googlie eyed
  • Mireva seems to enjoy you being a bit shocked/surprised ;)
  • Argent notes her amusement at his reactions

<Mireva> Wanna stick around, or get out of here an' head home?

  • Mireva asks once they have finished their act

<Argent> what happens here now?

<Mireva> Well, people might start getting a bit more frisky, now the main show's finished

<Argent> are you feeling frisky?

<Mireva> I could be convinced... with the right guy ^-^

  • Argent has a heat in his eyes
  • Mireva kisses you again
  • Argent will kiss her back

<Mireva> You're okay with this? With staying here?

  • Mireva asks, checking to see if you're sure

<Argent> Just stay with me

<Mireva> of course

<Mireva> Any other girls come near you, I'll scratch their eyes out :)

<Mireva> Boys, you'll have to fight off on your own ;p

  • Mireva teases

<Argent> I doubt it will come to that

<Argent> but i'd fight to keep you

  • Mireva smiles
  • Argent will then continue to live the moment

<Mireva> (awww :3 baby's first exhibitionism :)

<Argent> (lol)

Hettie finds out that Nycki is sentimental about Maze Olivier

  • Nycki seems a bit down, you think, Hettie, this ... early morning, I guess it might be, when you finally have quiet time together

<Hettienne> Hey... what's eating you babe?

<Nycki> Ah... life, I guess. Or the other one.

<Nycki> Someone I don't even know that well is dyin', an' it feels like it's sort of... end of an era, I guess.

<Hettienne> Aw... someone from... work?

<Nycki> Yeah.

<Nycki> Lord Grey.

<Nycki> The old one. Not him who's there now.

<Hettienne> Oh... :o

<Nycki> I met him a couple times when I was just startin', and he was pretty ancient then.

<Hettienne> I guess I didn't really think about him still bein' around.

<Nycki> Yeah... he's gotta be 90-somethin'.

<Hettienne> Damn.

<Nycki> Even then, he was still pretty sharp, least when I met him.

<Hettienne> I guess he's had a good run...

<Nycki> Oh, yeah. Like, it feels stupid to be sad over it.

<Hettienne> Is the other guy, like... not as good?

  • Nycki smiles at that

<Nycki> Nah he's good. He's sharp too, an' maybe a sight nicer than the old fella ever was. Dunno if that's good for someone in his line of work, but it makes it easier to work for him.

<Hettienne> How come it's always a fella, anyhow...

<Nycki> I dunno. Just how it's worked out, maybe. They pick each other, it ain't like there's an election or anythin'.

<Hettienne> *You* oughtta take his job ;)

  • Nycki laughs

<Nycki> Well, there's some gals who'd like the spot if it comes up. I dunno that there's any men quite as ready for the job.

<Nycki> Some might want it, but ain't no one wants to listen to some twenty year old kid ;)

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Nycki> I dunno that anyone'd wanna listen to me, either, though.

<Hettienne> Why not?

<Nycki> Well, I guess I ain't taken a lot of team jobs. I work alone. Ain't so good with other folks. *Most* other folks.

  • Nycki amends, smiling at you

<Hettienne> I know how that is..

  • Hettienne grins back.

<Nycki> Or if I got the brains for all the politics an' that stuff that goes into the job.

<Hettienne> I wouldn't have the *patience* for politics.

<Hettienne> There's only so high you can pile the bullshit afore it falls on top of ya :p

<Nycki> Yeah

<Nycki> You ain't gotta be born knowin' that stuff... none of 'em are nobles or the like. The old Lord Grey, the one who's dyin', he came up from the streets, they say. But maybe you gotta have the right mind for it.

  • Nycki shrugs

<Hettienne> Maybe so...

<Nycki> I wonder if it's a dumb idea to go an' say goodbye to him. If I could find him. If they'd even let me in.

<Hettienne> If you find him you'd think they oughtta.

<Nycki> Right? You'd think I earned it at that point.

<Hettienne> Anyway, I don't think it's dumb, if it means somethin' to you...

<Hettienne> I dunno what I could do, but I'd help if you want.

<Nycki> Okay. Thanks.

<Nycki> Let's sleep for a couple hours at least, though - until it gets light out.

<Nycki> or well... go to bed, anyway. ain't gotta sleep :)

<Hettienne> Hehe. :3

  • Hettienne will do her best to improve Nycki's mood

Aubrienne tells her parents about Jean-Faust

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you were going to go speak to your parents?

<Aubrienne> (Yes, that's the plan)

<DiablotinNarrator> They're happy to have you over to dinner anytime, of course

  • Aubrienne will take them up on it :)

<Aubrienne> (I guess it's more breakfast or lunch for her...)

  • Ethaine gives you a hug when you arrive

<Ethaine> hello, darling :)

<Aubrienne> Hello, Mama.

  • Aubrienne will hug maybe a little more than usual

<Ethaine> come on in, let's get you a drink

<Ethaine> it's freezing out

<Aubrienne> That it is, and I've been out in it a bit more than usual.

<Aubrienne> A drink would be lovely.

<Albaric> Hello!

<Aubrienne> Hello, Papa.

  • Albaric calls from the kitchen where he's no doubt in the midst of cooking some delicious meal
  • Aubrienne will wander in to give him a hug that doesn't interrupt his cooking.
  • Ethaine pours you a drink, and one for herself as well

<Aubrienne> Smells great as always.

<Albaric> Thank you :) Nothing too fancy, just pork chops with apples.

<Aubrienne> How've you been?

<Albaric> Not too bad. Keeping warm, anyway.

<Ethaine> How about you, dear?

<Aubrienne> I don't doubt.

<Aubrienne> Uh, well...

  • Aubrienne looks unsure.

<Aubrienne> That's kind of complicated.

<Ethaine> oh?

<Ethaine> do you want to talk about it, or should we not pry?

<Aubrienne> No, I need to talk to you.

<Aubrienne> It's something important, for all of us.

<Aubrienne> Though I don't want to ruin Papa's meal.

<Ethaine> well, all right.

  • Aubrienne tries for playful, failing for the most part.

<Albaric> The meal's just about ready - good timing.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

<Albaric> And good food makes most things better, at least a little.

<Aubrienne> We, um, we should probably sit, then.

<Albaric> You two go ahead to the table and I'll dish things up, then we can talk.

<Aubrienne> All right.

  • Aubrienne will take her seat, as well as a big sip of her drink.
  • Albaric will do just that, and you can also have your drink at hand

<Albaric> (heh, yes)

  • Albaric will then join you at the table

<Aubrienne> So, I've been meaning to talk to you about this for a while.

<Aubrienne> I've just been waiting to get more information, and, well, I don't think I'm ever going to know all of it.

  • Albaric and Ethaine nod, listening

<Aubrienne> It's about Jean-Faust.

<Aubrienne> He's...he's alive.

<Ethaine> ...

<Ethaine> it can't be

<Aubrienne> It has to do with some of what happened during the war, but, essentially, he got taken away and can't come home right now.

  • Aubrienne will reach for her mother's hand.

<Albaric> what do you mean, taken away?

  • Ethaine takes it numbly

<Aubrienne> You've been reading about all the stuff with the fey in the papers?

  • Albaric nods

<Ethaine> yes...

<Aubrienne> They were in Psyra, at Seda Grove. They took or lured Jean-Faust away.

<Albaric> these... fey?

<Aubrienne> And some others, we believe.

<Aubrienne> Yes.

  • Ethaine just listens, stunned

<Albaric> why?

<Aubrienne> I'm not sure?

<Albaric> why him?

<Aubrienne> A little while ago Jean-Faust's old commander brought me his last letter, and he said they were calling to him.

<Aubrienne> I don't know.

<Aubrienne> There's a lot about this we don't know.

<Albaric> Who's 'we'?

  • Albaric asks slightly more warily

<Aubrienne> Well, a few friends and I have been looking into some things with the recent fey activity, and, with what's happened at the club, we, uh, we ended up meeting with the Emperor and some of his advisers.

<Albaric> O_O

  • Aubrienne looks a little abashed at not having shared this before, but tries to play it off

<Albaric> and... they told you this?

<Aubrienne> Princess Ilphere took me and Lathra - you remember Lathra, from the club and temple? - into, ah, one of Lathra's patient's dreams, but it turned out to be more than a dream.

<Aubrienne> And Jean-Faust was there.

<Aubrienne> It's complicated, but it comes down to Jean-Faust is alive, and I'm going to try to bring him home.

  • Ethaine bursts into tears
  • Albaric puts his arms around your mother, comforting her

<Ethaine> I just... oh... if it was true and he was really alive all this time...

  • Ethaine manages to get out between sobs
  • Aubrienne will get up to also hug her mother.
  • Ethaine manages to calm down after more hugs

<Ethaine> (at least, calm down to the level of quiet crying instead of sobbing)

<Albaric> sweetheart... this is a lot of take in, but - what does it mean for you? what are you planning?

  • Albaric asks eventually

<DiablotinNarrator> (a lot to take in, that should be)

<Aubrienne> Well, I'm still figuring all that out, but it looks like it means I'm going to go to where he is and see why he is there and try to bring him back.

<Aubrienne> I spoke to him for just a moment, and he said they needed him there.

<Aubrienne> I don't know exactly who he was talking about, or what they need him for.

<Ethaine> but what if... what if we lose you too?

<Aubrienne> That's why I wanted to talk to you.

<Aubrienne> I'm going to be as careful as I can be...but I can't pretend there aren't risks.

  • Ethaine clutches your hand harder

<Aubrienne> I won't be going by myself, Mama. I'll have other people to help me.

  • Ethaine nods shakily

<Albaric> is there anything we can do to help?

<Aubrienne> Not that I know of?

<Aubrienne> Pray, maybe?

<Ethaine> we'd be doing that anyway

  • Ethaine says quietly

<Albaric> If you can do this... if you can bring your brother home... that would be incredible. But if you can't... just please, come back safely.

<Aubrienne> I'm going to do everything I can.

<Albaric> Then... that's all we can ask.

  • Albaric moves to hug you
  • Aubrienne will tearfully hug back.
  • Ethaine hugs you as well

<Aubrienne> (hugs for all!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Awww)

<DiablotinNarrator> At some point, you can get back to your meal I assume, but they'll probably have other questions

  • Aubrienne will answer them to the best of her ability, but likely downplay any danger

Solos

Denise asks Hettie about boys

  • Denise will catch you some late morning/early afternoon, once you're awake

<Hettienne> Mornin'...

  • Hettienne shambles into the kitchen

<Denise> theres' coffee - should be real strong by now

<Hettienne> Music to my ears...

  • Hettienne pours herself a mug and sits.

<Denise> I could make some eggs if you want?

<Hettienne> I wouldn't say no.

<Hettienne> ... You tryin' to butter me up? :v

  • Denise will hop up to the kitchen

<Denise> Nooo......

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> Not really

<Hettienne> Uh-huh...

<Denise> well, I did wanna ask about somethin', kinda

<Hettienne> Well, spill!

<Denise> well i just wanted to see how you might feel 'bout havin' Enver stay over some nights

<Denise> is all >.>

  • Hettienne laughs.

<Hettienne> Oh is that all!

<Hettienne> Well I'd be some kinda hypocrite if I told you no :p

<Denise> well, I didn't figure you'd mind but it seemed polite >.>

<Hettienne> Just like... you're bein' careful right?

<Denise> Plus maybe it's dumb an all but I ain't so keen on him an Nycki meetin' up-

  • Denise sighs when your comment catches up to her

<Denise> Well we ain't really got to the 'be careful' stage I guess, not yet >.>

<Denise> Got some talkin' to do

<Hettienne> Part o' 'careful' means thinkin' of it aforehand

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I been doin' lotsa thinkin.

<Hettienne> You're a smart cookie, Den.

<Denise> no I ain't :|

<Hettienne> Oh horsefeathers you ain't. :p

<Denise> You never saw my report cards >.>

<Hettienne> Book learnin' ain't everything/

<Denise> yeah, well, still though

<Denise> Enver's real smart though

<Denise> ike, he always knows whwere he's at an how to get places, anywhere in the city, top or bottom

<Hettienne> You're sure stuck on him, huh.

<Denise> I guess...

<Denise> It sorta snuck up I guess?

<Hettienne> That can happen, heh.

<Denise> Like forst when he asked me out I was just all surprised an didn't really know what to think

<Denise> (first)

<Hettienne> Well I don't mind him stayin', but I can't guarantee Nycki ain't gonna be around.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> prolly ain't either of 'em real inclined to talk work :p

<Hettienne> An' like... I ain't no card-reader, but he might *have* to meet her at some point >.>

<Denise> oh?

<Hettienne> Well just, I dunno.

  • Hettienne is a little flustered, uncharacteristically.

<Hettienne> Dependin' on how things... turn out?

<Hettienne> With her, an' with him, an' so as.

<Denise> ahhh

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> hmm.

<Denise> things are goin pretty well, for you?

<Denise> you're happy an all?

<Hettienne> You ain't said anything to yer Da' about her bein' around, have you...?

  • Denise shakes her head

<Hettienne> Yeah... we ain't had any real deep conversations yet.

<Hettienne> No one's gettin' married or nothin' yet. >.>

<Denise> I ain't only seen him that one time

<Denise> married?

<Denise> what you thinkin' like that? :o

<Denise> (what, you...)

<Hettienne> Hey I said I weren't!!

<Denise> you said you weren't *gettin'* maried not you ain't thiknin' 'bout it ;p

<Hettienne> I dunno.

<Hettienne> I try not to get too ahead of myself.

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> I hear ya @_@

<Hettienne> ANyway, I don't wanna bring you down.

<Denise> you ain't!

<Hettienne> Old people problems :p

<Denise> i'm happy for you... 's long as you trust her >.>

<Hettienne> I do...

<Hettienne> . o O (well, I try to)

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Ugh though - Mam wants be to bring Enver by some time, for dinner or the like :p

  • Denise changes the subjest

<Denise> She met him at the Festival, but there was a lot goin' on and she weren't real clear :/

  • Hettienne nods.

<Denise> But she thinks he oughtta meet da :p

<Hettienne> Well, that's nice of 'er...

<Hettienne> As long as she can make 'im behave.

<Denise> she says she'll 'have words' :p

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Denise> so maybe

<Denise> I bet it won't be real fun though :p

<Denise> ut I do want him to meet mam

<Hettienne> Well, just like... if you already expect the worst, you'll be prepared right?

<Hettienne> :v

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> An' if it goes good, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> he ain't got no family fleft so It would be nice if at elast he could get on with mine, ya know?

<Denise> (left, least, bah)

<Denise> some of 'em, anyway

<Denise> >.>

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Denise> (are we done? its fine if we are)

<Hettienne> (kay)

Hugo and Zola discuss the Eirini problem

  • Hugonel will track you down at the cabaret one afternoon after rehearsal
  • Zola is... in her dressing room, her mood today has been markedly improved.
  • Hugonel knocks and then pokes his head in

<Zola> Hmm? Oh, Hugo dear :)

<Hugonel> Zola, darling, what do you think, the red or the green scarf tonight?

  • Hugonel holds up two for your selection.

<Zola> Come in, I can't very well see your whole outfit with just your upper half in view.

  • Hugonel steps inside.

<Zola> Hmm. Red, but that might just be my personal preference ^_^

<Zola> I had drinks with Valeen today ... it was a big help.

<Zola> Mostly she said the same thing as you did, but somewhat more convincingly :)

<Hugonel> I was thinking red too ... but then, that color has been on my mind a lot lately.

<Zola> I thought you'd pushed that from your mind.

<Hugonel> Well, I said I had. But I'm a very good liar.

<Hugonel> Especially to myself.

<Zola> It's hard not to be fickle in such a big, wide world ...

<Hugonel> I've decided I'm going to try to track down Eirini.

<Zola> Well now.

  • Hugonel sits down, shuffling uncomfortably.

<Zola> Why her? If she's not the one you think you remember from before?

<Zola> We could go to Klara and maybe just ask her if she killed Berthillion?

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> You're not serious.

<Zola> Well... I expect it would be more polite to say he killed himself.

<Zola> You know what I mean.

<Zola> If it was a fair trade then... well...

  • Zola gestures

<Hugonel> No, I don't even know what you mean. What fair trade?

<Zola> It seems less likely to trigger some sort of awful response than stalking someone through the city.

<Zola> His masterpiece... if he traded his life for insight.

<Zola> I can somewhat understand what would make someone do that... though I intend to live a long and gorgeous life.

<Hugonel> Right, but I'm not ... I'm not saying I don't care who killed him, but I care a lot more about what her, or their, or *whoever*, what their intentions are towards me, after so long.

<Hugonel> And if I am being targeted for the same arrangement.

<Zola> Maybe Klara knows?

<Zola> You said she reminded you in the same way, no?

<Hugonel> Well yes. I mean, you've met them both, though, and the physical resemblance is quite notable. Anything else could be just a projection.

<Zola> It just seems ... even less safe, I guess?

<Zola> But maybe the others could help...

<Hugonel> The others meaning who?

<Zola> The others who've run into things...

<Zola> I ... talked with a few of them >_>

<Zola> We sortof agreed we'd look into things.

<Hugonel> What exactly does that mean? What things, and how?

<Hugonel> I'm involved with this, I deserve to know.

<Zola> Well, sure, but you made it pretty clear you didn't have any interest.

<Zola> So now I'll tell you :)

  • Hugonel laughs bitterly.

<Hugonel> Not that I'm not interested, just ... afraid, I suppose.

<Zola> I sat and had a chat with Denise, the Mala tajna kid, and Argent, the waiter, and Aubrienne

<Zola> And they just didn't feel comfortable leaving it to the Emperor, I guess? Worried the small picture might get ignored in favour of the large?

<Zola> I guess I can see that.

<Zola> I told them about the party... without most of the names... and they told me about some attack outside Dorien and Argent's place.

<Hugonel> An attack? Was anyone hurt?

<Zola> Yes, but they got all patched up. Denise said there was a flying fiddler thing that made them all dance, and when they took out that crop, this crazy gnome thing came along with a bloody pick turned her into living ice.

<Zola> I guess they're going to start doing neighbourhood patrols and stuff? I said I'd go sometimes in case those fiddler things show up again. >_>

<Hugonel> Void and damnation. This is just bizarre. But I take your point about the small picture being ignored. That's exactly why I'm looking for Eirini.

<Hugonel> Wherever she is, and whoever she is, she picked me, at least once, maybe twice, to be with her, and maybe I can reach out to her and find out why.

<Zola> Maybe we can let them know we need help with that?

<Hugonel> It's not like taking me out of the picture that night at the club really affected any plans. I wasn't about to stop an assassination.

<Zola> There's a list or something... I'm not sure if anyone really wrote it down... maybe Argent.

<Zola> Well you did lead her on a tour, no?

<Zola> Did you show her the boiler room?

<Hugonel> No, why would I? An honoured guest hardly wants to be shown the innards of the place.

<Zola> Well she might have suggested she was curious and if you were enchanted you'd hardly quibble...

<Zola> Well, I suppose you might quibble a little...

<Zola> But you'd cave eventually

<Hugonel> Well, I don't recall doing that. When she enchanted me, we were ... otherwise occupied, mostly.

<Zola> Anyway, we already have a half dozen impossible tasks to figure out, why not another, right? :)

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> I just think that Eirini has been lost a little bit in all this other discussion, don't you agree? Are they even really still looking for her?

<Zola> I think you're right... especially since she's one of two we know who've actually BEEN here when something went awry >_>

<Hugonel> And I think that ... whatever she wants from me, killing me isn't it.

<Zola> She might just have wanted a nice tour of the place, and happens to remind you of some other sinister red headed enchantress.

<Hugonel> You don't believe that.

<Zola> It wouldn't really surprise me... have you seen her since?

<Zola> Unless she's Klara we haven't seen anyone like her since she disappeared.

<Zola> Folks were thinking that maybe we could convince Jonas to spill the beans about what's going on around here. Maybe he could shed light on Eirini too. He clearly knows a bit about her.

<Hugonel> I'd agree with that. At the very least, he seems to have conflicted loyalties.

<Hugonel> I was also thinking I'd try to find out how she came to be booked here in the first place.

<Hugonel> One doesn't simply show up at the door and say "Can I be your guest star?", after all.

<Hugonel> Someone must have recommended her or put her in touch.

<Zola> Yeah, there might be something to that...

<Zola> So the idea we had was to figure out if Tits is enchanted or not, and if she isn't, then maybe they do have a real connection and she can help us convince him to open up, right?

<Zola> And if not, well, we help Tits and maybe we ask Jonas the hard way.

<Zola> >_>

<Hugonel> Sure, that might work.

<Hugonel> Do you really think she's enchanted?

<Zola> I don't know, but from the sounds of things she didn't know about him all that long ago, and suddenly she's vouching for him?

<Zola> And if the stories about fossegrim are true...

<Hugonel> Sure, I get what you're saying. That's why I was reluctant to take what he said about Klara at face value.

<Zola> I'd just rather be sure, right?

<Hugonel> Right, right. These things are just such good liars and deceivers. It's hard to know what's true.

<Zola> You know, I was thinking about how sad it was that his river's all buried under the city... I was wondering if there was something we could do to help.

<Zola> Like an underground gallery or something, for him to... I don't know, sit and watch it? Whatever they do?

<Zola> I guess we'd have to ask.

  • Zola miiiight have gone off on a somewhat dreamy tangent there.

<Hugonel> I can't imagine that anyone on the Inner Council is going to be too keen on granting a special architectural request from the fairies.

<Zola> Well I wasn't thinking the whole river...

<Zola> I don't even know how big it is >_>

<Hugonel> Well, how about we wait and see if he's manipulating us all for his own self-interest before we go offering favours?

<Zola> There's other madness afoot too... you know dreams they were talking about in the meeting with the Emperor? Well apparently Aubrienne went into one with Princess Ilphere and saw her brother in one of them.

<Zola> So they're going to mount a rescue mission.

<Zola> So they might be a little more focused on that than Eirini for a bit...

<Hugonel> I ... don't understand. Aubrienne dreamed of her brother and the dream was real?

<Zola> No, I guess Princess Ilphere and her kids are big into... oneiromancy?

<Zola> So they literally travelled into one of the dreams of the soldiers who're afflicted.

<Hugonel> She has always been a strange one, the Princess.

<Zola> Inside there was something like an irminsul, but sick... and her brother popped out of it, or something?

<Hugonel> Hmmm.

<Zola> In any case, I said if they can't find anyone more qualified to go, I'd help too, but I don't imagine there's much use for me :P

<Hugonel> Well, Princess Ilphere would know enormously more about that than I would. She may be half-mad, but she is extraordinarily gifted and competent.

<Zola> Half-mad?

<Zola> ... maybe we should let Aubrienne know?

  • Hugonel shrugs.

<Hugonel> Just being around my uncle Loick for a long time, I think he thinks that her curiosity far outstrips her good sense in these sorts of things. I don't know her that well, personally.

<Zola> Well, I guess we could let her know... and then she can try to reign in any meandering the Princess wants to do while they're trying to save Aubrienne's brother.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Yes, well, good luck with that.

<Zola> :/

<Hugonel> Well, anyway, if I should disappear suddenly, either Eirini has found me and killed me, or more likely, seduced me once again.

<Zola> Well I'm sure we'll be able to find some possessions and hair in your dressing room to try to scry for you.

<Hugonel> Well, certainly some spare scarves, at least.

<Zola> How do you think we should go about checking out Tits?

<Zola> ... for an enchantment.

<Zola> Would a detect charm scroll be enough you think?

<Hugonel> I would imagine so, yes.

<Zola> You know, I considered learning that... but there's just so many options.

<Hugonel> Yes, it's not the most useful spell for daily use. How many people are charmed on the average day? I'm of course not counting people who are charmed by my stunning good looks.

  • Hugonel swishes his hair.

<Zola> Yes, if that were to register you'd surely be overwhelmed by the results.

  • Zola puts her hand to her forehead as if in distress... "So... bright... can't... think..."
  • Zola slumps at her vanity
  • Hugonel laughs.

<Zola> Alright, well, I guess I'll find a scroll unless you think your uncle has anything stashed away we could borrow?

<Hugonel> He might, but honestly, when he asks why we want it and we say, "Oh, to use on the Princess Imperial" that will shut us down pretty quickly.

<Zola> Well it seems like a legitimate use...

<Zola> You'd think her father would appreciate knowing if she's been mind-slaved to some river-imp

<Hugonel> Well I'm sure he'd want to know, but he might not want everyone else to know!

<Zola> Well if he did, he'd probably fix it pretty quick.

<Zola> And we're hardly everyone else.

<Zola> Can your uncle just check?

<Zola> Hmm.

<Hugonel> Perhaps. But he's not likely to keep us in the loop if he does.

<Zola> You'd think a thumbs-up would be reasonable.

  • Hugonel shrugs.

<Zola> It's just a fair bit of money to waste on what could just be paranoia >_>

<Hugonel> He's not likely to do it if it's just our paranoia. Which is why we might have to find out on our own in order to get them to take any action.

<Zola> I thought they had money dribbling out of their ears :|

<Zola> I'll visit one of the stores near the Castalia and pick one up.

  • Hugonel nods.

Nycki and Hettie visit Maze Olivier on his deathbed

  • Nycki has a few ideas of where to find the old Lord Grey

<Nycki> You sure you don't mind trailin' around with me when you're supposed to be sleepin?

<Hettienne> Hell naw!

<Nycki> a'right

<Hettienne> This is more interestin' anyway...

<Hettienne> Not like I need to be over-sharp to stitch buttons on.

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> There's a place on Thorne Terrace, used to be one of the team's headquarters back in his day

<Nycki> ain't used no more, 'cause it got too hot 'bout twenty, thirty years ago

<Nycki> You gotta move around a lot, like.

<Nycki> But it was his HQ, an' besides, after a while people forget about places like that, if they go quiet for a few years

  • Hettienne nods.

<Nycki> If he ain't there, then maybe he's at the house of the fella in charge now. that'd be harder - dunno if I wanna go bustin' in there :p

<Nycki> or could be he's somewhere else altogether, and I ain't got a clue

<Hettienne> Well there's ways besides bustin'...

<Nycki> yeah I guess

<Hettienne> Let's try the place on THorne anyways, see what that gets us

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> (Thorne Terrace is in the Pav, it's a pretty nice neighbourhood but not really flashy. The house just looks like any of the others on the street, although the curtains are drawn and it's quiet even though it's mid-morning.

<Hettienne> (any signs of plainclothes guards etc?)

<Nycki> (you can make a Perception check)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+9

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Nycki> (There's a guy sitting in a car a little bit down the street who might be keeping an eye on things, and there's a maid who doesn't seem to be doing too good a job at sweeping the steps and porch of the house across the street)

<Hettienne> (does it look like she's spotted them?)

  • Nycki nods in the direction of the car guy, but doesn't seem to have noticed the maid

<Nycki> I know that guy - sure there's somethin' goin' on here, if it isn't the old fella.

<Hettienne> What about that 'n?

  • Hettienne indicates the maid.
  • Nycki glances in the direction you indicate

<Nycki> Her, I dunno. But I don't know everyone.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Nycki> Maybe they just hired a real shitty maid.

  • Nycki pays attention, though

<Nycki> I could knock at the door, see if anyone answers. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be someone I know ;p

<Hettienne> You know how these folk work better 'n' I would... but if they don't wanna let anyone in, then they're tipped off...

<Nycki> they can't be worried someone's gonna bump off the old guy at this point

<Hettienne> True that.

<Nycki> but maybe they don't want him chattin' too much either

<Nycki> or maybe they just wanna help him go peaceful. I dunno :/

<Nycki> I could have a look in the old way.

<Hettienne> There a way in?

<Nycki> for a rat, sure ... there always is >.>

<Hettienne> A'ight...

<Hettienne> I can wait here

<Nycki> can you drop me off closer?

<Nycki> just lemme go in your sleeve or whatever, an' take a stroll by the house on your way

<Hettienne> 'course.

  • Nycki looks around

<Nycki> There's a phone booth down the end of the street, I'll meet you there

  • Hettienne nods.
  • Nycki goes behind some bushes to 'change'... emerging as a small, sleek rat with auburn fur

<Hettienne> :3

<Hettienne> Man I wish I could ever get the hang of that

  • Hettienne scoops her up.
  • Nycki -rat twitches her nose at you
  • Hettienne goes for a little stroll then, and will let Nycki hop down out of her sleeve when she's ready...
  • Nycki darts to one of the drainpipes of the house and will make her way from there...
  • Nycki will meet back up with you maybe 30 minutes later (it takes longer to get places as a rat ;)
  • Hettienne is loitering by the phone booth
  • Nycki shifts back to her human form

<Nycki> Got 'im :)

<Hettienne> He was there?

<Hettienne> Swell!

<Hettienne> Did you talk to 'im?

<Nycki> Nah. he's up in one of the attic rooms, they got guards around, an' some folks goin' in an' out, bringin' food or drinks or that sorta thing, sittin' with him...

<Nycki> It'd be pretty obvious if I popped out of a hole in the wall wantin' to chat.

<Nycki> but I'm thinkin'... maybe I can just ask. ain't like I got some secret reason for wantin' to see him, just wanna pay respects, you know?

<Hettienne> I guess...

<Hettienne> LIke we were sayin' they oughtta let you just for findin' the place.

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> well, it's either that or wait til night an' hope it quiets down with folks, try an' sneak in then.

  • Nycki sighs, wavering uncertainly

<Hettienne> They probably aren't gonna leave just 'cause it gets dark...

<Hettienne> Go on...!

<Nycki> okay... come with me though?

<Hettienne> 'Course! :)

  • Nycki puts on her resolve and will walk up to the door of the house, ignoring whoever might be watching
  • Hettienne saunters along
  • Nycki knocks
  • Hettienne glances around...

<Hettienne> (what's car guy doing)

<Hettienne> (or the maid)

<DiablotinNarrator> Car guy is watching over his newspaper; the maid has gone inside.

<DiablotinNarrator> A young woman answers the door - Hettie, you recognize her from the club as Gabby (Tits' good friend, and the de facto choreographer/leader of the dance troupe)

<Hettienne> ...

<Hettienne> . o O (Well that's unexpected)

  • Hettienne tries to hide her surprise though.

<Gabriela> ... Miss Hettie? :o

<Hettienne> Hey Gabby :v

<Hettienne> How's it shakin'?

<Gabriela> Ah... fine, thanks.

<Nycki> Could we come in, maybe? Mite cold for chattin' with the door open.

  • Gabriela considers for a moment, then nods.
  • Gabriela shuts the door behind you. The house inside is sparsely furnished, not like a place someone actually lives.

<Gabriela> What's going on?

<Hettienne> Well...

  • Hettienne glances at Nycki.

<Hettienne> We came to visit your man upstairs?

  • Gabriela nods. A couple of folks you take to be hired muscle emerge from the side rooms to look you over.

<Nycki> We just wanna pay our respects.

<Gabriela> Well, you aren't the first.

<DiablotinNarrator> The hired goons will frisk you for weapons.

<Hettienne> (I have my usual >.>)

  • Nycki also
  • Nycki seems okay with letting them relieve her of her weapon

<Hettienne> (I'm not gonna screw this up for her, so same)

<Gabriela> I'll take you up.

<Gabriela> Just...keep it down, okay? He's sleeping a lot of the time.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Nycki> sure

  • Gabriela will lead you up two flights of stairs to the attic.

<DiablotinNarrator> There are indeed, as Nycki described, other people around - one who is probably a nurse, others who might be family/friends, just keeping watch.

  • Hettienne takes mental note of the faces...

<DiablotinNarrator> The old man lies in the bed. He looks frail, small, wrinkled skin almost translucent over his bones.

<Nycki> Ah... hello, sir.

<Hettienne> . o O (Wow that is the oldest bird I ever saw)

  • Maze opens his eyes, peering around to see who's talking

<Maze> Who's that? Jess?

<Nycki> No, sir, it's Annyck. We met... well, a while ago now.

<Maze> Hm.

<Maze> The rat girl :D

<Nycki> That's me :)

  • Nycki seems amazed that he remembers
  • Maze nods

<Hettienne> :o

<Maze> You grew up pretty ^-^

<Nycki> Heh. Thanks, sir.

<Nycki> How're you feelin'?

<Maze> Tired. It's not so bad.

<Maze> Never thought I'd die in... well, not my own bed, but it's someone's bed anyway.

  • Maze says, looking around a bit puzzled at what his life has brought him to
  • Hettienne feels soooo awkward
  • Hettienne concentrates on fading into the wallpaper >.>

<Maze> Who's your friend?

<Nycki> Ah...

<Hettienne> I'm Hettie. Murodea.

  • Hettienne blurts.
  • Maze files that away somewhere, cross-referencing it
  • Hettienne figures it don't matter much one way or another if he knows her name since he's about to be dead

<Maze> Murodea... sounds familiar.

<Maze> doesn't matter now I suppose

<Hettienne> There's a lot of us about.

  • Maze nods feebly

<Maze> Did you ever find that treasure you wanted, Annyck?

  • Nycki kind of laughs

<Nycki> Ain't no treasure in the old city, sir. I figured that out by now. Anything worth havin's up here.

<Maze> Ahh, don't be so sure about that.

  • Maze smiles toothlessly

<Nycki> You got somethin' you're holdin' out on me, sir?

  • Maze wheezes laughter

<Maze> Past the boneyard, along the red road, in a room locked with a feather ...

<Nycki> what's there?

  • Nycki asks curiously

<Maze> something your people lost

<Hettienne> :o

<Nycki> ...

<Nycki> you're havin' fun, aren't you, you old bastard :)

<Maze> well what's the point in being this old if you can't irritate people

<Nycki> you handin' out secrets an' mysteries to everyone who comes to visit, or just the ones you like?

  • Maze smiles

<Maze> Just the ones who might stand a chance of figuring them out.

<Maze> it isn't like I have a lot left to do

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> I... I won't let you down, then.

<Nycki> I mean, we won't.

  • Nycki says, looking at you.

<Hettienne> .. That's right sir.

<Nycki> we oughta get on our way I guess

<Nycki> you... rest easy, sir.

  • Maze nods

<Maze> soon, I expect

<Hettienne> It was nice to meet you...

<Hettienne> . o O (what an awkward thing to say to someone who's about to die >.>)

<Maze> you as well, Mlle. Murodea

<Maze> Annyck, don't stop looking for your treasure. One of these days, you'll find it where you least expect.

<Nycki> ... yes sir.

  • Nycki will be quiet as we're shown out again (they do give us back our guns at the door before we leave)
  • Hettienne is relieved

<Nycki> can we head home?

<Hettienne> Sure, hon...

  • Nycki holds your hand

<Hettienne> You okay?

  • Nycki nods, then shrugs

<Nycki> I didn't think he'd even remember me.

<Hettienne> You said he was pretty sharp...

<Nycki> yeah

<Nycki> but he's met so many people, and I ain't anyone special to him

<Hettienne> I dunno... you got talents that're memorable

<Hettienne> ...plus you can turn into a rat :v

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> honey, he don't know about half my memorable talents :)

<Hettienne> Heh heh.

<Nycki> thanks for comin' with me

<Nycki> it's prolly weird for you... I mean, it was weird for me, an' I knew him.

<Hettienne> I'm happy t'do it

<Hettienne> It sounded like you met him afore the Hush though...?

<Nycki> Yeah... long time ago. I'll tell you 'bout it later, okay?

Denise and Enver talk about having sex

<Enver> (at his place or yours?_

<Denise> (his I think? I am not sure how we tend to coordinate dates but i expect there is a lot of random just stopping by on her part, and plan making from there?)

<Enver> (okay)

<Denise> (I don't know if he'd stop by hers quite as much?)

<Enver> (well, if Hettie says it's okay... ;)

  • Enver is happy to see you either way

<Denise> (I don't think she cares if he stops by no, but we haven't talked about him staying over for real yet)

<Enver> ('kk)

  • Denise will come by some days later, having had time to talk to various girl types and do some of her own thinking
  • Enver gives you a hug when you arrive

<Enver> hey :)

  • Denise hugs back

<Denise> hey

<Denise> I weren't sure you'd be up...

<Denise> but I brought some cookies

<Enver> oh, thanks!

  • Denise smiles

<Enver> there's tea made if you want some to go with the cookies :)

<Denise> oh, great :D

  • Enver will pour some for you, then

<Denise> I was kinda hopin' we could maybe talk 'bout some things, too...

<Enver> sure, what's up?

  • Denise has a little package of homemade iced lemon cookies - don't worry Aunt hettie, there are some at home as well :V

<Denise> well, I been doin' a lot of thinkin'

  • Enver nods

<Denise> bout.. you know.... >.>

<Denise> sex stuff

<Enver> oh. yeah. ah, me too.

<Denise> yeah?

<Enver> well, yeah

  • Denise smiles

<Enver> an' about you.

<Denise> I mean..

<Denise> thinkin' about what I want, and stuff

<Denise> and what you want

<Denise> an stuff...

  • Enver nods

<Denise> is that what you mean?

<Enver> yeah

  • Denise nods

<Enver> an' about what you said, about not wantin' a baby yet, an' what to do about that...

  • Denise has also just been thinking about sex a LOT and felt it was imporant to clarify >.>
  • Denise nods

<Denise> I feel like...

<Denise> it's all stuff we gotta sort out together, right?

<Denise> more... takin' care of each other stuff.

<Enver> yeah

<Enver> an', it ain't all on you, you know? like, it's both of us together.

  • Denise nods

<Enver> so I got some stuff.

<Denise> stuff?

<Enver> ah, it don't mean we gotta use it.... but I wanted you to know that, like, in case, I was thinkin' ahead.

<Enver> some potions.

  • Enver says, a bit shyly

<Denise> oh...

  • Denise realizes she has no idea how long they are good for

<Enver> is that okay? was that sorta what you were talkin' about?

<Denise> that's part of it, yeah

<Enver> okay... what else were you thinkin' about?

<Denise> I guess like...

<Denise> I feel like it ain't somethin I can trust myself about a whole lot

<Denise> but... you're right that it just ain't on me

  • Enver nods

<Denise> I got some advice from folks...

<Enver> me too, some

<Denise> mostly they all just say, you know, there's other things you can do an all...

<Denise> but there was some good other bots in there too

<Enver> yeah?

<Denise> like remindin' me it ain' all on me, that I oughtta talk to you more

<Denise> that bein' careful is more'n just about takin' precautions

<Denise> That like.... knowin' what would happen if somethin went how maybe we weren't hopin for...

<Denise> that's part of it too

  • Enver nods slowly

<Denise> that sorta thing

<Enver> If somethin' did happen like that, I wouldn't up an' leave you to it, Denise. I... like, that's what my father did, an' I don't wanna do that to some kid, if it came to that.

  • Denise nods

<Enver> I wouldn't wanna do that to *you*

  • Denise smiles at that

<Enver> I know you're tough an' prolly you'd be okay without me, but you shouldn't haveta.

<Denise> I ain't gonna ask you to make no promises

<Denise> I seen it happen, how things can change a person's feelings

<Denise> but right now it makes me feel better to hear that

<Denise> an I believe you

<Enver> okay

  • Enver takes your hand in his
  • Denise smiles

<Enver> was there more stuff you wanted to talk over?

<Denise> that were the big part I guess

<Denise> but with... tryin' other stuff

<Denise> or bein' careful

<Denise> the more regular kind

<Denise> can you help me if I'm bein' dumb about things?

<Enver> ahh... how do you mean?

<Denise> like... remindin' me to take a potion say

<Enver> oh, yeah.

<Enver> I can do that.

<Denise> or if we talk about tryin somethin, an I start gettin too carried away

<Enver> but you ain't dumb, Denise.

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> well, I ain't clever

<Denise> I bee around lots of clever folk, an I know I'm not that

<Denise> I don't mind so much

<Denise> I'm good at other things

<Enver> you want me to make sure things go like... what we talked about?

<Enver> like if we said one thing beforehand, not to go an' try other stuff?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> or like.... at least mayeb try an talk about it first?

<Denise> is that okay?

<Denise> 'cause like

<Enver> I can try

<Denise> I just don't wanna like...

<Denise> get all upset later?

<Denise> do during, whatever >.>

<Enver> I don't want that either

<Denise> I don't wanna get mad at myself, or mad at you

  • Enver nods

<Enver> okay

<Denise> ...is there stuff you wanted to talk about?

<Enver> but like... if it's somethin' you're sayin' you want while we're in the middle of things, I should wait an' try an' cool things off to talk about it first?

<Denise> I feel like it ain't fair to put it on you like that, i dunno :/

<Enver> well, I can try to do that. I just mean, I ... I wanna know that when you say yes, you really mean yes, if that makes sense? So I don't mind stoppin' to check for sure.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I think it does?

<Denise> Like, yes really it is what I want, not just what I want right then?

  • Enver nods

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise smiles, squeezing his hand

<Enver> an' I guess I wanted to know, too, about ... the other things we could try. like, ah... I got some ideas there, an' if you think they sound good, that sorta thing.

  • Denise smiles again

<Denise> I pretty much always like your ideas :3

  • Enver smiles, blushing

<Enver> I really liked the stuff we did the other day

<Denise> yeah me too @_@

<Enver> so, like, more stuff like that maybe?

  • Denise nods eagerly

<Enver> okay :)

<Denise> i feel like... just... knowin how we work a little better.... that'll be good >.>

<Enver> that's what, ah, someone said to me, yeah.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Denise> ..who?

  • Denise curiouses

<Enver> well, I talked to Leiv about ... this stuff, some.

<Enver> 'cause I figure, he's got a girl, he's gotta know some stuff :p

  • Denise nods, as that sounds reasonable

<Denise> they got a kid too, right?

<Enver> yeah

<Enver> turns out he knows a lot of stuff

<Enver> @_@

<Denise> I bet >.>

<Enver> but anyway, yeah, like... one thing he said was, it'll be better if we try other stuff first, an' figure out how things work for us

<Enver> then when we get to the real thing, it'll go easier, an' we won't be all... like, flailing around, heh

  • Denise nods

<Enver> or maybe just a little

<Denise> maybe it'll be easier, thinkin of it liek that

<Denise> like trainin' >.>

<Enver> more fun than most trainin' I ever did

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> just most? :V

<Enver> heh

<Denise> what you been trainin' for?

<Enver> mostly killin' stuff in the sewers... findin' my way around, all that.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I still can't imagine rememberin' all that stuff @_@

<Enver> heh

<Enver> well, I promise this is more fun than that :)

  • Denise nods
  • Enver leans over to give you a kiss
  • Denise kisses back

<Denise> okay

<Denise> but like.... maybe for now lets just so sit somewhere together and have some tea and feed each other cookies?

<Enver> I'd like that

<Denise> okay

  • Denise smiles, and then will go and do that with you :3

<Enver> :3

Argent asks Margaux about supernatural stuff

<Argent> (I could have sent Margaux a note... we can meet at the temple or at my appartment if that is more discrete)

<Margaux> (sure, that works. your apartment is fine, I assume you'll pick a time when Dorien is otherwise occupied :)

<Argent> (yep)

<Argent> (he goes off with his girl enough)

  • Margaux will arrive at your door, then
  • Argent will let her in

<Argent> Thanks for coming, its not much but it home.

<Argent> Tea? Coffee?

<Margaux> I'd like some coffee, thanks

  • Margaux peers around your apartment curiously

<Argent> my roomate Dorien is out...

  • Argent busies himself in the small kitchen

<Argent> ... my room is on the right... his the left

  • Margaux nods
  • Argent comes back out

<Margaux> it's nice!

<Argent> I wish it was warmer... but...

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> ... likely not an issue for you

<Argent> it will be a minute for the coffee.

  • Margaux smiles

<Margaux> soooo, what did you want to talk about?

<Argent> Care to sit? Place wasnt too far?

<Argent> And that...

<Argent> Ok let me start

  • Margaux will have a seat

<Argent> I did ask a few questions about myself and if anyone in the church was keeping an eye on me... the answer is yes, but no reason was given

<Argent> just a vague "if anything strange comes up" comment

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> Havent had much time to follow up though... all the strange fae stuff has been happening and I've been distracted

<Margaux> well, I guess that's understandable

<Margaux> it's all quite strange

<Argent> tangled with a few of them, just outside on the street

<Margaux> you did?

<Margaux> I'm guessing you won.

<Argent> yeah, me, my friend Denise, I think you bumped into her, Dorien, my roomate, and his cousin Gen and girlfriend Misery

<Argent> yeah we won

  • Argent smiles

<Margaux> Good!

<Argent> thats part of why I wanted to talk to you

<Argent> but before I get to that... have you ever heard the word "aasimar" before?

<Margaux> yes...

<Argent> I overheard something... a demon likely, refer to me as an aasimar. It was having drinks at the club I worked... its aura of evil was astounding.

  • Margaux 's eyes widen

<Margaux> it's a word I learned when I was in communion with the Arch

<Argent> whats it's exact meaning?

<Margaux> As far as I know, it means a person who has some celestial blood in them

  • Argent nods

<Argent> thats what I thought

<Margaux> what was the demon you saw?

<Argent> it looked like a man, at least as far as I could tell.

<Argent> its aura was so strong it overwhelmed me when I tried to gauge it.

<Margaux> D:

<Margaux> that sounds terrible

<Argent> More than I could deal with so, played cautious, tried to learn what I could, and passed the information along to people more capable of dealing with it, once it left the club.

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> it's good you were cautious - especially if it knew what you were

<Argent> I agree

<Argent> I wish I had been strong enough to do something about it, though

<Margaux> :/

<Margaux> could you track it down again, do you think? maybe with others, or with more preparation?

<Argent> assuming its where I think it is, yes.

  • Margaux nods
  • Argent will stand

<Margaux> if you do... I'd like to join you

<Argent> That would be great

<Argent> if it happens

<Argent> Coffee... anything exciting happen to you?

  • Argent slips back into the kitchen

<Argent> cream? sugar?

<Margaux> just black is fine, thank you

  • Argent returns with two steaming mugs, both black

<Margaux> Silvia... do you know her? Silvia Rionet...

<Argent> Rat noble... a channel maybe?

<Argent> I've heard the name before

  • Argent pauses

<Argent> Yeah, she's actually one of the reasons I wanted to talk to you.

<Margaux> Yes, she's a channel, and her brother is the Lord Chancellor... her husband is Sirris, if you've heard of him?

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> anyway, she came to talk to me to ask about any odd dreams or things like that lately. especially things about trees.

<Argent> yeah the trees acting like a portal, similar to the arch

<Margaux> that's what she said!

<Margaux> did she talk to you too?

<Argent> Denise and her brother did, prodded some of the investigation into the trees, which I've seen and heard personally. Denise filled me in on what she found out.

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> I should have realized that Silvia may think to talk to you, just as I did

<Argent> were you able to help her? Do you have any insight?

<Margaux> I think she's talking to all of us...

<Margaux> I mean, all of us who were part of the Arch.

<Margaux> not people like you and me

  • Argent nods listening

<Margaux> I think she thinks the tree...whatever it is... is some kind of fey version of the Arch. or something similar, at any rate.

<Margaux> A gate

<Margaux> And that when it finishes growing, it'll .. open, somehow.

<Argent> there is a fungus on the trees that has an evil aura... a gate opening from them may not be a good thing.

<Margaux> like it's corrupted somehow

  • Argent nods

<Margaux> I don't know if it's just a coincidence that it would grow in the Shade, either

<Margaux> maybe it is, but... maybe not

  • Margaux sips her coffee

<Argent> The current theory is that the tree in Seda Grove was a gate and it was destroyed, so the "Hamidryad" or something along those lines is angry or crazy.

<Argent> and looking for a reckoning

<Margaux> That could be part of it.

<Margaux> but I feel like the roots go deeper...

  • Margaux smiles at her own joke

<Argent> as for the Shade, the Shadar-ki to have fey origins, so maybe thier presence drew it there first

  • Argent scratches his head

<Argent> I'm not a figure this stuff out kinda guy

<Margaux> I don't know... it's just a feeling I have

<Argent> I'll see if I can dig into it a little more... I trust you feelings

<Margaux> but if it's just that the other tree was destroyed and they want some kind of revenge, why have a new tree grow here?

<Argent> maybe its an old tree coming back, not a new tree?

  • Argent shrugs

<Margaux> maybe

<Argent> I really haven't studied my ancient history to know

<Margaux> When the Arch is destroyed, usually it moves to a different place.

<Argent> the arch has been destroyed before?

<Margaux> So I suppose if this is similar, it would make sense that it would regrow elsewhere. To actually destroy it takes something more serious than fire.

  • Margaux nods
  • Argent is surprised

<Margaux> A long time ago...

<Margaux> There was a place called Am. It was the original home of ... well, I guess our people, for whatever value of 'our'...

<Margaux> It was destroyed - completely.

  • Margaux makes a sort of 'boom' motion with her hands
  • Argent nods his understanding and sips his coffee

<Margaux> They had an Arch, although they didn't call it that... it looked different for them.

<Margaux> it can look different in different places

<Margaux> I guess it could even look like a tree if it wanted.

  • Margaux considers that for a moment before going on

<Margaux> Anyway... it reappeared here.

<Margaux> And that's why humans - well, some humans - came here, to look for it.

  • Argent nods

<Argent> So the tree could be something similar

<Margaux> Maybe

<Margaux> But if this tree was destroyed a while ago - at least a year, or more, right? - I wonder why it wouldn't appear again right away?

<Argent> Oh... I think I know why... it was shattered.

<Argent> there are pieces spread out... in peoples heads

<Margaux> ... oh

<Margaux> that doesn't sound good

<Margaux> I can't imagine that it's very good for those people, at any rate

<Argent> that was why I wanted to talk to you about the trees and gates or arches... I've volunteered to go on a rescue mission

<Margaux> maybe one of them died, and this tree grew out of their head... :o

<Argent> into a dream where a friends brother is trapped.

<Margaux> ... rescue mission?

<Margaux> oh!

<Margaux> Dreams are very tricky.

<Margaux> you'll need to be careful.

<Margaux> they're unstable

<Argent> and we did find a dead Shadar-Kai where the trees were, in a mushroom farm under the grove in the Shade.

<Margaux> huh

  • Margaux has a 'what, I was right?' sort of look

<Argent> we thought he was just a farmer, killed by mushroom people.

<Argent> more fae

<Argent> but I don't think we figured out which came first

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> right now I would leave that as an unconfirmed possibility

<Argent> no real proof

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> so back to dreams... unstable, be careful.

<Argent> if we move through one of these shards of gates to where it leads, then what?

<Argent> should the door go both ways?

<Margaux> If it's really like the Arch... yes.

<Margaux> You should be able to get back through it. As long as the person who's dreaming is asleep, anyway.

<Argent> I think people figure it leads to the Fae home realm or refuge realm.

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> so thats good, gate swings both ways

<Argent> keep the fellow dreaming

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> if we wanted to close it, how would you do it?

<Argent> the gate I mean

<Margaux> hmm

<Margaux> well, if it's a tree, fire? but I'm not sure what effect that would have on the poor fellow whose head you're in.

<Margaux> the thing about dreams, though, is that they're malleable

<Argent> malleable? how do you bend them? Force of will?

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> like disbelieving an illusion?

<Margaux> someone very strong, anyway, could maybe try to ... shape it

<Margaux> like if it's a big tree, maybe they could shape it into a little seedling that you could uproot. I don't know, though.

<Argent> its a better suggestion than burning someone's dream to who knows what impact on them.

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> this is a big help. Thank you. It's giving me plenty of foreknowledge as to what to expect.

<Margaux> If the world on the other side *is* the fey world, there's no Arch there. or at least, there wasn't when I was connected.

<Argent> so no back door

  • Argent nods

<Margaux> right... unless someone has powerful magic, you probably need to get out the same way you went in

<Argent> well were supposed to have the princess imperial... I think thats her title, Ilphere with us... shes a powerful sorceror ive been told.

<Margaux> oh, well, that's good then

<Argent> she's the one bringing us into the dream

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> I hope that'll help, then.

<Argent> so do I

<Argent> Should I worry that my celestial nature may be... I don't know... visible in another plane or in a dream? If it is I may have to do some quick explaining.

<Margaux> oh... I don't know. I don't *think* so?

<Argent> good, makes it easier

<Margaux> But it might be that, if you encounter other beings there, they might recognize you... like the demon did, for instance.

<Argent> deal with that if or when it comes up

<Argent> thanks for the warning though

<Margaux> I probably don't need to tell you to be careful

<Argent> you already did, but I appreciate you saying it again.

  • Margaux smiles

<Margaux> is there anything else I can help with?

<Argent> I'll let you know how it went when we get back.

<Argent> Not that I can think of... anything I can do for you?

<Margaux> well, I'm curious now to hear what you find... so when you get back, come and talk to me?

<Argent> definitely

  • Argent grins
  • Margaux smiles back

<Margaux> thanks for the coffee

<Argent> any time

<Argent> although its not exactly the best coffee

<Margaux> no, it's good :)

  • Margaux will definitely finish it up before she goes
  • Argent will chat with her and see her out, or offer her another cup if she wants
  • Argent will gladly listen to stories about her experiences with the arch

<Argent> (and anything else she has going on)

<Margaux> (cool)

  • Margaux no doubt does have some weird/cool stories, not directly relevant to this mission but interesting nevertheless :)

<Argent> (neat)

Zola asks Titania about hosting Geffard and Osmyn's wedding at the Cabaret

  • Titania can be located in her office
  • Zola peeks in some time before her set and gives a rap at the door frame.

<Zola> Yoohooooo

<Titania> oh, hi Zola

<Titania> how's things?

<Zola> Just fine, you?

<Titania> Peachy, thanks

  • Zola steps and plops herself down in in one of the chairs across from her desk, nursing a glass of something

<Zola> I have a couple things I wanted to chat about.

<Titania> sure

<Zola> First up, we've got a request to use the club during the day sometime.

  • Zola grins

<Titania> oh yeah?

<Zola> Yeah, for a wedding :)

<Zola> ./~ Someone at the club's found true love ./~

<Titania> Are you tying the knot?

<Zola> Dear no, white's just not my colour :)

<Zola> But anyway, it's Geff!

<Titania> Really!

  • Titania smiles

<Titania> That's a little unexpected.

<Zola> Yes! I couldn't tell myself that he'd found his head in the clouds, so I didn't think it'd be fair to make you guess :D

<Zola> He'd like to use the club because it's a little more private.

<Titania> well, of course that's fine

<Titania> is there a date set for the big event?

<Zola> My friend Valeen will be the officiant, but aside from that it's all very much in the development stage...

<Zola> (Did he say like 2nd or 3rd month?)

<Titania> (something like that, yeah. I forget exactly)

<Zola> Sometime in 2nd or 3rd month I think he'd like to aim for.

<Zola> The other groom's from Psyra... I'm not sure if that'll mean anything different for the ceremony...

<Zola> Osmyn's his name... Geff said he'd bring him by to meet us sometime soon :3

<Titania> well I'd say there being another groom will affect the ceremony at least a little

<Zola> Pff, maybe Geff would look good in a gown :D

  • Titania chuckles

<Titania> somehow I doubt that

<Titania> anyway, I'd like to meet the fellow who could turn his head

<Zola> I'm excited to meet him...

<Zola> Valeen says he's a bit odd, but it's how Geff feels that matters <3

  • Titania nods

<Titania> I hope he'll be happy.

  • Zola manages to wiggles happily and sip her drink at the same time.

<Zola> We can make sure he's happy at least for a day at least :)

  • Titania smiles at that

<Zola> I'll get Geff to hammer out a date with his belovèd that works with everyone he'd like to come.

<Titania> wonderful!

<Zola> I know !

<Zola> I just love weddings ^_^

<Titania> is it something he wants to keep hush-hush?

<Zola> Well... I don't think hush-hush *exactly*, but I'm not sure he is comfortable with being very public about it either. He seemed to think there'd just be a skeleton crew, but when I suggested people to invite he warmed to the idea.

<Zola> And the more invites, the less hush, right?

  • Titania nods

<Titania> Yeah

<Zola> So maybe just private, not secret... why, did you want to buy him an add in the papers? :)

<Titania> well, I won't spread the word. Of course he can invite who he wants.

<Titania> No, just wondering if I should talk to any of the other staff about it.

<Zola> He agreed with inviting Jaspart and Valerien, and Neva, for drinks :)

  • Titania nods

<Zola> So we could just ask him, who did you have in mind?

<Zola> Everyone ? :)

<Titania> Well, is he hoping for music? people to serve the drinks? food?

<Zola> Well I told him I could accompany myself just fine on the piano, but not much else, and he seemed fine with whatever I wanted for music... and I told him Hugo and I could take him out to find a nice suit.

<Zola> I think maybe he's just not as imaginative about it as we are :D

  • Titania smiles

<Titania> I suppose he hasn't been imagining it since he was little.

<Zola> Do you know what he said to me?

<Titania> what?

<Zola> He said he feels so lucky to have found Osmyn that asking for more seems greedy.

  • Zola tears up a little

<Zola> Isn't that so sweet ;_;

<Titania> aww :3

<Zola> I think we've got room to expand his vision a little, and he's here to check in with to make sure he likes our ideas and is comfortable, right?  :)

<Zola> Do we have anyone who cooks Psyrene food?

<Titania> I can ask Elia if she's able to do that - if she isn't, I'm sure we can find someone who is.

<Zola> Right, right...

<Zola> Now, the other matter...

  • Zola eyes the clock, so she isn't late for her set

<Zola> I've been talking with Gabby...

<Zola> And I think she's right. We should do something /big/

<Zola> Something grand!

<Titania> did you have something in mind?

<Zola> Not a particular form, yet, but I wanted to soften you on it a little first :)

<Titania> heh

<Titania> Did you think I'd be soured on special shows after the last one?

<Zola> No, but it is a pretty big commitment.

<Zola> Maybe Theo knows of something we could adapt... to include everyone, or almost... have all the acts part of the same story.

<Zola> Advertise all over the place, drum up some real hubbub and excitement

<Zola> I'm not sure how we'd work in Gabby's belldancers, but that's Theo's job right? :)

  • Titania tilts her head, considering

<Titania> If you lot want to come up with something, I'm willing to put in the necessary advertising and funds.

<Zola> Great! I'll start getting people warmed to the idea ... I know some might be less keen to work their acts into a single one but... we'll make it work :)

<Titania> wonderful :)

<Zola> I better run, I'm up soon.

  • Zola stands, downing the rest of her drink.

<Zola> Up, give us a hug!

  • Titania will give you a hug gladly
  • Zola wigglehugs
  • Zola is warmed by weddings and liquour

<Titania> I'm glad you're doing okay - you seemed a little down there for a bit

<Zola> Yeah, well, you know me and boy troubles...

<Zola> Valeen helped straighten me out.

<Titania> glad to hear it

<Titania> Most boys aren't worth the trouble ;)

<Zola> It's the ones who are who'll do it to you though. :)

<Titania> true enough :)

  • Zola gives her a kiss on the cheek and heads out to make sure her makeup is still intact

<Titania> (were you going to check if she was charmed? I thought that was part of the plan, but maybe I'm wrong?)

<Zola> (No, that's not as subtle when youre sitting right across from her.)

<Titania> (or to ask about Jonas and how he can still get in despite wards etc)

<Zola> (Sorry, I was thinking I'd get someone to bring her out into the open for that.)

<Titania> (but if not, that's cool too, just checking :)

<Zola> (So Zola can cast and detect subtly)

<Titania> (she does come out most evenings at some point

<Titania> (doesn't just spend the entire night in her office, usually)

<Zola> Well my idea was to ask Aubrienne to call her out for lunch

<Zola> And then I thought that was funny because they might slip up :V

<Zola> .oO( No charm but... )

  • Zola can just do it now though to save the extra scene :P
  • Zola goes to take 25gp out of her monies

<Titania> (okay)

<Zola> (How about if her scene next week is likely to involve Tits then we'll do it that way, and if not, then now?)

<Zola> (If you know)

<Titania> (this coming week is dream adventure times)

<Zola> (Oooh.)

  • Zola could just have found Aubrienne really busy in preparation for that and lurked in a corner until Tits appeared :P

<Zola> (oh that reminds me, I need to steal something of Jonas')

<Titania> (heh)

<Titania> (lurking around when she appears is probably the simplest)

  • Zola tries to store the scroll in her cleavage?
  • Zola will sit somewhere smoking and sipping on something sweet until Tits comes out into the open and cast it

<Titania> (okay)

  • Titania has no charms on her
  • Zola sighs in relief... and does curiously check out the rest of the place while the spell is active. >_>

<Zola> (Waste not, want not ^_^)

<Titania> (I don't know of anyone else you'd know who might be there and have a charm spell active on them. it's always possible you'd spot a guest or something?)

<Zola> (Yeah, that's about what I figured.)

<Zola> (But you never know... it could be all NEVA IS POSSESSED D:)

<Titania> (heh)

  • Zola taps the expensive blank vellum tucked under the fringe of her top. -_-

<Zola> (I'm good then, I think maybe Jonas would be better for more than one person?)

<Titania> (okay)


Lathra helps Gen explain her difficulties to Sylvise and Jerard

<Genevriel> So I figured Gen would have made arrangements to meet with Sylvise and Jerard and Lathra all at once - would the Voclains want to meet at their home or somewhere public?

<DiablotinNarrator> at their home, I presume

<Genevriel> ok

  • Genevriel will escort Lathra to the Voclain residence. (What part of the city is it in? Grand, Pav, somewhere else?)

<Sylvise> (I don't remember if Dorien's background says, sorry)

<Genevriel> (ok)

  • Genevriel will explain to Lathra along the way that her uncle has not been well lately.

<Lathra> (ok)

<Genevriel> So I'm a little worried that my own issues - if I start randomly screaming or something - might not be good for him. I don't know if you can get a sense of that while we're there.

<Lathra> (Lathra will ask concerned questions

<Genevriel> But I do hope that between you and I we can give them a realistic picture of what to expect with my drinking and all, so that they can make an informed decision about whether to have me stay with them or not.

<Genevriel> Well, here we are - are you ready?

  • Genevriel has stopped in front of a well-to-do looking home.

<Genevriel> (Hopefully the Voclains aren't racist)

<Lathra> Oh yes, I think I'm as ready as I will be.

<Sylvise> (The housekeeper will show you in to the parlour, where your aunt and uncle are waiting, and then she'll go off to bring some tea and refreshments)

  • Sylvise rises to greet you when you arrive, offering you a hug, Gen
  • Genevriel will hug back carefully.
  • Jerard nods politely but doesn't get up

<Genevriel> Tante Sylvise, Oncle Jerard, thank you for seeing us. May I introduce my friend, Mlle. Lathra Scales. She works as a healer at the Cabaret.

<Genevriel> Mlle. Scales, Jerard and Sylvise Voclain.

<Sylvise> It's lovely to meet you.

<Jerard> Yes, quite.

<Genevriel> (Small chat for a bit... la la la - anything in particular that needs to be said?)

<Lathra> (No, Lathra will try to be charming as usual)

<Sylvise> (they mostly just want to know what's up I think)

<Sylvise> (so probably not a lot of smalltalk)

<Genevriel> (ok, sounds good)

<Genevriel> Well - I'm not sure if Dorien might already have told you, but I have been interrogated by Military Justice. They have decided that nothing I did constitutes a war crime, although I may be called upon to testify against some of my squadron members...

  • Jerard nods

<Genevriel> However, they did decide that, in saving the life of an enemy combatant, I disobeyed orders, and so my pension has been revoked.

<Sylvise> Oh, how awful :/

<Sylvise> That hardly seems fair!

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> I disobeyed orders.

<Genevriel> It leaves me in a bit of a bind financially, at least until I can stop relying so heavily on the drink.

<Sylvise> Well, our offer for you to stay with us still stands, of course, dear.

  • Genevriel nods gratefully.

<Genevriel> I might have to take you up on that offer. But M. Merrion also helped me realize that maybe that's just what I need. To - try to rebuild some sort of family bonds.

  • Lathra nods

<Sylvise> We're here for you, Genevriel.

  • Genevriel dabs at her eyes with a handkerchief.

<Sylvise> I hope it isn't so much rebuilding - that would suggest they were broken. But strengthening?

  • Lathra gets her handkerchief ready for the same purpose

<Genevriel> This is one of those difficult things that I need to discuss with you and Oncle Jerard so that you can make an informed decision about whether you really want to house me or not.

<Genevriel> I brought Mlle. Scales along to offer what insight she can about me... I've been living with her for a few weeks now as she has been helping me to work towards my goal of getting off the drink. So she knows a little about how... difficult I can be to live with.

  • Sylvise nods slowly, looking to Lathra

<Lathra> I'm a cleric, you see, as well as a medic.

<Sylvise> Oh, I see! A... Serpent cleric?

  • Sylvise searches for the right term for a moment, then goes with that

<Lathra> Yes, that's right!

<Sylvise> how interesting!

<Lathra> Well... I certainly think so!

  • Jerard sort of hmphs a little under his breath, but his wife ignores him ;p

<Sylvise> What can you tell us, then?

<Lathra> Oh, er... shall I continue then, Gen?

<Genevriel> I suppose so.

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.

<Genevriel> I'll be interested to hear what you'll say about me, but if you'd rather I leave, I can go to the next room.

<Lathra> Well, you can certainly stay for what I have to say - if Sylvise and Jerard have any questions they'd rather ask me in private afterwards we can do that, too.

  • Genevriel looks towards Jerard and Sylvise to see if they're comfortable with that.
  • Sylvise nods

<Lathra> (Do we know whether Tristan's spell is working for Gen at this point?)

<Genevriel> (It is, I believe)

<Sylvise> (it will prevent her from having nightmares. it doesn't tell you whether they are external or internally-generated nightmares however, so that is still uncertain. but she would certainly be able to sleep better)

<Lathra> (ok)

<Lathra> Gen is suffering under some fairly serious problems stemming from her experiences in the war. We're investigating them together, but at this point we're not certain whether they're psychological or... magical, of some variety.

<Sylvise> oh?

  • Lathra looks at Gen to see how she's feeling about being talked about
  • Genevriel watches everyone carefully to try to get a sense of how Jerard and Sylvise view all this...
  • Genevriel seems rather detached from your observations about her, actually.
  • Sylvise seems curious/puzzled

<Lathra> She's been having... hallucination-like experiences, and nightmares, both sleeping and waking. They're very hard on her, and being around people seems to ward them away somewhat.

  • Jerard seems more bemused

<Sylvise> How awful!

<Genevriel> Although sometimes I can't stand being around people.

  • Lathra nods

<Lathra> We've had some recent success with a spell to protect her from the dreams, but you should expect that she might at times be distressed, or acting in ways that might be frightening or nonsensical. She's spent a long time hiding her symptoms and she's very good at it, but... since she's trying to stop using alcohol to manage it, you should definitely be ready to support her if she's going to be living with you.

<Jerard> We can get her help. Professional help, if need be.

  • Jerard says stiffly

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Mlle. Scales is a professional.

<Sylvise> If that's what she wishes. She can decide for herself, Jerard.

<Sylvise> We'll help however we can.

<Lathra> Well if that's what you want Gen, then I'd absolutely endorse you seeing other professionals. <to Jerard> We *have* been consulting, trying to find a suitable expert.

  • Jerard nods at that

<Genevriel> I don't want to be objectified.

<Genevriel> I'm happy with Mlle. Scales and M. Merrion.

<Sylvise> Of course, dear. That's quite understandable, you'd want to stick with those you're close to.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Genevriel glances at Lathra - do you look like you've more to say?
  • Lathra is done for now

<Genevriel> They treat me like I'm a person. The army medics treated me like I was a curiosity. Spoke about me as if I weren't there. I don't want 'professional help' like that.

  • Sylvise nods sympathetically

<Sylvise> We'll do whatever would help to make you comfortable, dear.

<Sylvise> You could have Dorien's old room, or Lucette's if you prefer, or one of the guest rooms, although they're not quite as nice...

  • Genevriel observes Jerard closely... does he even want me here or is it all Sylvise?
  • Jerard does seem concerned about you, and you don't think he's averse to having you here.
  • Jerard might not agree with your current treatment plan, but he isn't trying to kick you out onto the streets.
  • Genevriel looks back at Sylvise.

<Genevriel> I... I know you are family, but I'm afraid it's really a very... abstract idea for me. I only really know you through letters, which... isn't enough for me to really feel like I am actually a part of your family. So... that's going to take some time.

<Genevriel> I need you both to understand that.

<Genevriel> I don't mean to hurt your feelings. I just - I've always been like that.

<Sylvise> Of course.

<Sylvise> But if you're going to be staying in our home, we want you to feel like you're welcome to join in with things like meals or making use of our library or sitting with us in the evenings. You aren't obliged to, especially if you aren't feeling up to it, but if you want to get to know us better...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I do. I need to feel like I belong, again.

  • Genevriel dabs at her eyes again.

<Genevriel> But that isn't going to happen overnight.

<Sylvise> We don't expect it to.

<Genevriel> And... when I first asked Mlle. Scales to help me with my drinking, I fully intended to just stop abruptly. But she explained to me that there are a lot of health risks associated with such a drastic course of treatment, and that I'd be much more likely to start drinking again if I quit that way.

<Genevriel> So most of my money is, I'm afraid, going to be spent on drinks still, as I slowly try to take less and lees.

<Genevriel> I can try to spare something to help with household expenses?

<Sylvise> Well, we do keep a wine cellar... would it be helpful if we provided some bottles from that as necessary, or would that only be unhelpful?

<Genevriel> I'd rather not rely on you to assist me with my vice.

  • Genevriel smiles gently.

<Sylvise> I understand that, but we don't want you to bankrupt yourself either.

  • Genevriel glances at Jerard again... he's the one she is most uncertain about, plainly.

<Sylvise> And please don't worry about the household expenses. We're not in any difficulty, financially, and we want to help.

  • Jerard doesn't seem to disagree with that

<Genevriel> I think I'd feel better if I bear the cost of the drinks myself.

<Genevriel> I would like to know if there is some way I can contribute to the household, though, some structured way, that wouldn't take work away from your domestic help?

<Sylvise> I'll give it some thought, dear.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Sylvise> But for now, please just ... take the time you need to recover.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I know this is very awkward, and I'm sorry.

<Lathra> Oh, do take one of the nice rooms, Gen. I know you tend to feel guilty but a little comfort will help reduce the stress on you.

<Genevriel> I don't want to take Dorien or Lucette's rooms. They might want them if they stay over at holidays or something.

  • Sylvise will help make any necessary arrangements about having your things brought over, and when you'll move in, and where you'll stay, and things you'll need, etc.
  • Genevriel tries to be helpful, and tries even harder to be positive.

<Sylvise> (the guest rooms are still quite nice, too - she can let you see them so you can pick which one you want)

  • Genevriel will pick the humbler/smaller of the two.

<Genevriel> (Do they have a garden, by any chance? I know it'll be covered in snow right now, but she does love plants)

<Lathra> (NO GEN BAD GEN)

<Sylvise> (they do)

<Genevriel> (It's still a guest room! Not a servant's quarters, Lathra  :) )

  • Genevriel would especially take to a room with a view over their garden, if there is one.

<Sylvise> (sure, we'll say one of them has a view looking onto the garden)

  • Genevriel will thank them and accompany Lathra back to her home, since I'm probably not moving in that same day!

Hugonel investigates Eirini's disappearance

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so what is your actual plan to investigate Eirini, Hugo?

<DiablotinNarrator> I seem to recall you said something about wanting to find out how she was originally hired/recommended?

<Hugonel> Yeah, I think that's the first step

<Hugonel> and from there, to maybe try to find where she was staying while here

<Hugonel> if that doesn't work, talk to Jonas

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> well, typically Atis Mercadet is the talent manager, who would do things like booking acts and recruiting artists and such - you could ask him

<Hugonel> sure

<Atis> (you want to talk to him at work, or some other time?)

  • Hugonel will track Atis down one day at the cabaret

<Hugonel> Atis, could I have a brief word?

  • Hugonel smiles warmly

<Atis> Anytime, Hugo. What's up?

<Atis> You don't have another job offer, do you?

  • Hugonel laughs

<Atis> Because I don't think my heart could take that.

<Hugonel> What job could be better than this one?

<Atis> That's what I like to hear :D

<Hugonel> No, I wanted to ask you about a booking from Ninth-Month.

<Hugonel> That Psyrene singer, Eirini.

<Atis> oh, that.

<Hugonel> Yeah.

<Atis> Look, I already told the cops everything I know.

<Hugonel> Right, right, I'm not here to arrest you. I just want to find her and wanted to know how you ended up booking her in the first place.

<Atis> Christofel recommended her. He knew her from Psyra, I guess, and so I gave her a shot. She had pipes on her, that's for sure, and she was a looker, so I booked her, figured we'd see how it went.

<Hugonel> Christofel? He's not Psyrene, is he?

<Atis> Nah, but he was over there during the war.

<Hugonel> Sure, sure. I guess I'll go ask him then.

<Atis> Wouldn't be surprised if he had a little fling with her, you know how it goes.

<Hugonel> I might.

  • Hugonel replies impishly.

<Atis> Heh, I bet. He seemed like he wanted to do a favour for a good friend who was down on her luck.

<Hugonel> Do you know, is he around yet?

<Atis> I think I saw him, yeah.

<Hugonel> OK, thanks.

  • Hugonel heads off to find Christofel, then.
  • Christofel can be found, although probably quite busy before the show making sure things are set up properly

<Hugonel> Christofel, my good man. I'll only be a minute, and I promise I'm not adding another costume change this time.

  • Christofel is a high-strung, nervous fellow, perpetually in motion

<Christofel> It can't wait until after the show, Hugo?

<Hugonel> Just a minute, that's all, I promise.

<Hugonel> It's not about the show.

<Christofel> Fine, what is it?

<Hugonel> I want to know about that Psyrene singer, Eirini.

  • Christofel looks warily at you

<Christofel> and you think that's just going to take a minute?

<Hugonel> I don't know. If you know where she's staying these days, sure, a minute is all it'll take.

<Christofel> I don't know. I haven't seen her since the show.

<Hugonel> Hmm, ok, well, do you know where she was staying then?

<Christofel> She had a room at the Starlight Hotel

<Hugonel> OK, great, thanks. Were the two of you close?

<Christofel> Ah... I wouldn't say 'close'. I knew her during the war, but not for very long.

  • Christofel has a vaguely shifty/guilty look ;p

<Hugonel> That sounds like a story. Look, I don't mean to pry, I'm sure the cops already talked to you.

<Hugonel> I'm just hoping to find her.

  • Hugonel tries *not* to look vaguely shifty.

<Christofel> If I knew where she was, I'd have told them.

<Christofel> Maybe she had other friends in the city she's staying with, I don't know. Maybe she left and went back to Psyra.

  • Christofel seems evasive to you

<Hugonel> Sure, that makes sense, I guess, if she was a fugitive and wanted to leave town fast. But as far as I know they really aren't looking for her, are they?

<Christofel> Well, I doubt they are anymore, if they haven't been able to find her so far.

<Hugonel> So I guess there's one thing that's still bugging me, Christofel. And that's that you don't seem that surprised that I'm looking for her.

<Christofel> Yes, I guess it's surprising that you'd look for a woman you fucked last year - you usually don't remember them that long.

  • Hugonel feigns a wounded look.

<Hugonel> Pierced through the heart! I must protest!

<Hugonel> I always remember ... I don't always *care*.

<Christofel> Are you through yet?

<Christofel> I do have a show to run.

<Hugonel> Well, look. If you do happen to know where she is, or know someone who knows where she is - let her know that I want to see her again.

<Christofel> Sure

  • Christofel says in an 'I'll get right on that' kind of tone
  • Hugonel shakes his head.

<Hugonel> Don't stress yourself out so much. The show will be fantastic, as always.

<Christofel> Of course it will.

<Hugonel> Thanks.

<Christofel> (anything further?)

<Hugonel> (what do I know about the Starlight Hotel?)

<Christofel> (you can make a k:local check)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+17

  • @BalthCat rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 27 ].

<Christofel> (It's a somewhat run down older place in Rhenea, used to be more posh than it is now)

<Hugonel> (well I could go down there and throw around a little money, see if anyone has seen her)

<Christofel> (you could, certainly)

<Christofel> (how about you make a Diplomacy check to represent that ;p)

<Hugonel> (happily)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+20

  • @BalthCat rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Christofel> (Okay, you can ask around)

<Christofel> (With a bit of smooth-talking and some financial incentives, you can find that she stayed there for say three days before the show, and had paid for the entire week, but skipped out halfway through. The last person who remembers seeing her was a maid, who said she was there late that night/early that morning - i.e. after the show would have taken place)

<Christofel> (The maid said she seemed agitated, upset, and that she was in a hurry to leave. A man came and picked her up in a car and they left together.)

<Hugonel> (ok, that's fine; I guess talking to Jonas is my last reasonable option, if there's time)

<Christofel> (sure)

  • Hugonel will find Jonas at a quiet time so they can have some privacy.
  • Jonas can be caught after the show, perhaps, before he leaves?

<Hugonel> Hey, Jonas, great show tonight.

<Jonas> Thanks, Hugo

<Hugonel> Listen, could I talk to you for just a minute, in private?

<Jonas> ...all right

  • Jonas can join you in your dressing room

<Hugonel> I need your help. I'm trying to track down Eirini.

<Jonas> ahh... why?

<Hugonel> Well ... it's not just to try to get some more action, if that's what you're thinking.

  • Jonas cracks a smile at that

<Hugonel> I need to find out - I want to talk to her about whether we met in the past.

<Jonas> you don't remember?

  • Hugonel shakes his head.

<Hugonel> Not clearly. It's ... a blur.

<Jonas> what makes you think I know where she is?

  • Hugonel shrugs.

<Hugonel> Do you?

<Jonas> It's possible.

<Hugonel> Well, if you *did* know, what reason would you have for not telling me?

<Jonas> If I did, I might also know that she doesn't want to be found.

<Hugonel> I'm not interested in turning her in to the police.

<Jonas> this is a personal matter?

<Hugonel> Doesn't it sound personal to you?

<Jonas> it does

<Hugonel> I'm not asking for you to reveal some secret hideout.

<Hugonel> Maybe if you could just let her know that I want to talk.

<Jonas> I'm still not sure why I should tell you anything

<Jonas> ... but I could probably get a message to her.

  • Hugonel smiles.

<Hugonel> That would be fantastic.

<Jonas> what should I say?

<Hugonel> Just to let her know that I would like to talk with her, someplace private, her choice. And if you could make it seem like I'm an upstanding gentleman rather than a crazed stalker, that would be *great*.

<Jonas> I'll see what I can do

<Jonas> You owe me, Hugo

<Hugonel> Sure!

  • Jonas smiles

<Hugonel> Thanks, Jonas.

  • Jonas nods and will be on his way to... wherever he lives