Diablotin 3 session 11

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 11 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: March 15, 2015
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Hettie and Annyck continue their pillow talk

<Nycki> (remind me where we left off?)

<Nycki> (oh right - checking up on the mobs, something seemed weird, etc.)

<Denise> (Nycki grimaced, sighing. "Part of keeping up on what the mobs are doin'. Someone washes up like that, gotta find out if it's one or another group bumpin' each other off. That one, though... somethin' felt off about it.")

<Hettienne> (Nycki was just telling me that she has to keep an eye on the mobs and who's killing who and such, but something felt off about Vorain... Vairon? I can never remember)

<Nycki> (Vairon)

<Hettienne> You prolly know that was my brother's boy.

<Nycki> I found that out, yeah. Sorry.

<Hettienne> D'you know who did it?

<Nycki> I been lookin' into it - so've the guard, so I hear some things

  • Nycki hesitates for a moment over whether she should tell you, but sighs and proceeds

<Nycki> they got their eye on a fella named Servan Aigel

<Hettienne> Is that the one armed man?

<Nycki> Yeah, dude got his arm torn off durin' the war

<Nycki> anyway - so far they can tell Vairon there was talkin' to him and a pal before he got done

<Hettienne> But why'd he off him? He weren't no criminal mastermind.

<Nycki> that, I dunno. Best guess so far is maybe Vairon knew somethin' this guy didn't want anyone to find out. but what that was... well, no one's found it out :p

<Nycki> What was Vairon up to durin' the war?

  • Nycki asks, figuring you might know more

<Hettienne> (I don't think I do... >.>)

<Nycki> (you guess maybe the navy - you don't know that he did anything else, anyway. but you could probably write to Serge-Yves and find out, if you wanted)

<Hettienne> Far as I know he was just in the navy.

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> Maybe there's some kinda connection there. maybe they knew each other beforehand.

<Nycki> Aigel's buddy, too, we're still lookin' into her.

<Hettienne> What d'you know about their boat?

<Nycki> They made a trip across the ocean, explorin' the new world an' such

<Hettienne> They just came back from the new world...

<Hettienne> I'd been thinkin maybe it had somethin' to do with something they brought back.

<Nycki> maybe so. or somethin' they saw over there.

<Nycki> but we don't know of any link Aigel has to the new world - so far's we know, he ain't been over there

<Hettienne> He don't work for no-one?

<Nycki> well, he was in the army... an' after the thing with his arm, he got brought into some kinda high-tech program for replacin' limbs and such. same folks as worked on the warforged project, I think.

<Hettienne> Is that government?

<Nycki> I got the feelin' that's still goin' on, an' he might have to do with them. but even we don't know the details of that program.

<Nycki> They were workin' with the government, but most of those stuffed suits wouldn't know a wrench from a screwdriver

<Nycki> scientists, weapons developers, that sorta folk

<Hettienne> Huh.

<Nycki> now the war's over, maybe they're kinda doin' their own thing now

<Hettienne> That don't sound good.

<Nycki> yeah

<Nycki> it worries me, but I dunno what it has to do with your brother's boy either. he weren't no scientist, from anything I could gather.

<Hettienne> Not the sharpest I ever met, no.

<Nycki> so... I wish I could tell you I solved the case, but it's still goin' on

  • Nycki snuggles up against you

<Hettienne> Well, I mostly don't want the same thing to happen to Serge-Yves...

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> he's off at sea, so for now at least he's prolly safe

<Nycki> when he comes back to town, then we'll look out for him,

<Hettienne> Yeah...

  • Nycki says 'we' meaning... you and her? her and the Hush?

<Hettienne> (sm? :v)

<Nycki> (you can roll)

<Hettienne> (23)

<Nycki> (you think she means her and you - at least, you want to believe that ;)

<Hettienne> (heh)

  • Hettienne smiles a bit.

<Hettienne> So 'we', huh...

<Hettienne> >.>

<Nycki> yeah, well... assumin' we don't kill each other before then? ;)

<Hettienne> Here's hopin! ;)

  • Nycki smiles
  • Hettienne kisses you lightly.

<Nycki> c'mere, let's do that again :3

<Hettienne> Let's...

  • Nycki will proceed to do that again as many times as you'll let her. no sleep for you! ;)

<Hettienne> (:v)

Gen and Dorien track down Polly Hayn

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien and Gen, you had planned to head outside the city to look for Audejan's laboratory, where Pol may be working.

<Dorien_Voclain> (Yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> unfortunately the last time you tried, you were unable to get there due to circumstances beyond your control - an accident on the road out of town blocked your route and it proved impossible to make your way there

<DiablotinNarrator> so you're trying again today

<Dorien_Voclain> (I assume we're taking a cab?)

<DiablotinNarrator> That is probably easiest

  • Genevriel imagines all the drinks she could have for the cost of her cab fare and looks mournful as she hands her share of money over.

<Genevriel> . o O (Trying to find out what happened to me is worth it...)

  • Genevriel tries to convince herself.

<DiablotinNarrator> You get driven out of the city, to the north, heading through the industrial areas full of factories and out into the countryside

<Genevriel> (So, what does this experimental farm look like? Gen would be very interested, since it's a farm.)

  • Genevriel seems to look a little more relaxed and happy once we get out into the countryside, Dorien. ^-^

<Dorien_Voclain> :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The cab driver eventually stops at a dirt path and is like "okay, this where you get out"

<DiablotinNarrator> The path is too narrow and rocky for a car to get over safely

  • Dorien_Voclain hands the driver a decent tip and asks him to wait for them.

<DiablotinNarrator> The driver asks how long you're gonna be

<Dorien_Voclain> Shouldn't be too long, hopefully. Depends on how things go.

  • Genevriel is taking deep breaths of the country air, oblivious to the conversation between Dorien and cabbie.

<DiablotinNarrator> The driver agrees to wait for you for an hour

<Dorien_Voclain> Good enough.

<Dorien_Voclain> Ready, Gennie?

  • Genevriel starts a little bit before turning back to you and nodding.
  • Genevriel walks quietly beside Dorien, taking in the sights as we follow the dirt path.

<DiablotinNarrator> The weather is cool but at least not raining

  • Dorien_Voclain looks at his cousin with concern. "You okay? We don't have to do this if you don't want to."

<Genevriel> I'm fine.

<Genevriel> (Well, as fine as she can be, anyway.)

<Genevriel> It's not like our farm, but it's nice...

<DiablotinNarrator> The land here is kind of rolling hills, you're climbing up one now, just about reaching the top

<Dorien_Voclain> Yes, it is.

<Genevriel> I miss it. Tending to living things.

  • Dorien_Voclain puts an arm around his cousin reassuringly.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you come over the hill, you can see the building before you - it's a fairly nondescript stone building with a slate tile roof. Surrounding it is a strange sight - a tangle of trees, strange plants you don't recognize, what looks like a large garden to one side but not containing anything you can identify as vegetables or fruit from here. The trees sway gently in the breeze, their leaves whispering faintly.

<Genevriel> (Whispering anything we can understand?)

<DiablotinNarrator> just a gentle shushing sound, not words

<Dorien_Voclain> Dorien's eyes get a bit wide.

<Dorien_Voclain> ...very interesting...

  • Genevriel wanders over to look closely at the plants to try to identify them, or which family they might belong to, anyway.

<Dorien_Voclain> (As we approach I'm going to keep a lookout for anything resembling the trees or mushrooms I found with Misery).

<DiablotinNarrator> You want to head off the path to look at them, Gen?

<Genevriel> (yup, I like plants! I can roll my K:Nature if you like)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure, that would be good)

  • Dorien_Voclain clears his throat

<Genevriel> !Roll 1d20+10

<Dorien_Voclain> Maybe... we should stay out fo there for now...

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Genevriel> (Destiny reroll, just because...)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Genevriel> (much more to my liking)

<DiablotinNarrator> well, these plants are very unfamiliar to you, but for some of them you can kind of guess what family they might belong to - "it's like a pine tree, but with sharper needles that are dripping some kind of blue fluid?", that sort of thing. You are confident at least in saying that these are some kind of new crossbreeds or hybrids, and possibly have some kind of magical influence on their growth.

<Genevriel> Hmmm. Interesting. What are they up to here, I wonder?

<Dorien_Voclain> (anything resembling the stuff misery and I found?)

<Genevriel> They're dripping blue sap or something...

  • Genevriel turns back to her cousin, smiling slightly. "You interested in taking a sample for analysis?"

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien - nothing exactly like that that you can see here anyway, but you do wonder how fast these things might grow - if the lab has only been here a fairly short while?\

<Genevriel> I think there's magic involved, possibly.

<Genevriel> But why?

<Dorien_Voclain> Very much so. But I think that might be an extraordinarily bad idea if we were caught. Let's meet with Audejans first.

  • Genevriel shrugs and yields to Dorien's wisdom.
  • Genevriel wanders back to the path.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you make your way back to the path, a pair of guards are approaching you from the direction of the building

<Guard> Hold up there! What's your business here?

<Genevriel> I came to speak with Pol Hayn.

  • Guard has her hand on her gun, but hasn't drawn it yet

<Genevriel> We fought in the war together.

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles at the guards, "Just here to talk. No need for guns."

<Genevriel> (Do the guards have any sort of identifying insignia or livery?)

<Guard> (they're in military dress)

<Genevriel> (what rank?)

<Guard> (uh, privates I guess - nothing high ;)

<Genevriel> At ease, soldiers.

  • Guard stares at you

<Guard> You can wait here, I'll see if someone is able to meet with you.

<Dorien_Voclain> Great. Yes. Thank you.

  • Dorien_Voclain gives Gen a sidelong look.

<Genevriel> If Sergent Hayn is at work today, tell her Sergent Gen Doucette is hoping to catch up with her.

  • Guard nods
  • Guard heads off towards the building, leaving the other one to keep an eye on you two
  • Genevriel behaves herself although she'd really like to look at more plants.

<Guard> The guard will return about 10 min later, with a woman you recognize as Polly, Gen

<Pol> Gen?

  • Genevriel smiles at Pol, a bit uncertain of her welcome but hopeful.
  • Pol seems surprised to see you

<Genevriel> In the flesh.

  • Pol will come over to you and give you a hug
  • Genevriel hugs her back carefully, not having expected a hug from her.

<Genevriel> This is my cousin, Dorien Voclain.

<Pol> Oh... hello

<Dorien_Voclain> Pleased to meet you

  • Genevriel introduces Pol.

<Dorien_Voclain> Pleased

<Genevriel> This is Polly Hayn, Dorien.

<Pol> Come on, I can take you to my office - we don't have to stand out here talking in the cold

  • Genevriel smiles gratefully.
  • Dorien_Voclain will follow warily
  • Pol nods to the guards, who continue off on their rounds, and leads you toward the building

<Pol> What brings you here?

  • Genevriel follows her in, and will look around the building to try to figure out what might be going on here. Also, is Pol in military uniform or is there anything else about her to suggest she is still in the military, only as a researcher instead of a soldier now?

<Genevriel> You, mainly.

  • Pol is in civilian clothes

<Genevriel> I ran into Spider some time ago. He told me you all thought I was dead.

<Pol> we didn't know... it was a pretty confusing time

<Pol> I'm glad you made it, though

<Genevriel> Thanks.

<Genevriel> Has he been making trouble for you?

  • Pol shakes her head

<Pol> Not really - but then, I'm not sure what he could do to me.

<Pol> Is he bothering you?

<Genevriel> That's good.

<Genevriel> Well, he maybe was trying to get a rise out of me. He mentioned war crimes. I was wondering if he's just bullshitting or if there might be something to it.

  • Pol looks a bit askance at that

<Genevriel> (Can I interpret anything from that? I do have some sense motive.)

<Pol> (you can roll it)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 18 ].
  • Pol appears a bit concerned about that, but also sort of like "really, he said THAT?"

<Genevriel> You don't know, then?

<Pol> Gen, I...

<Genevriel> That's all right. I guess I... go ahead.

  • Genevriel interrupts herself to let Polly speak.

<Pol> There is something to it, I think. For my work here, I got a pardon for anything I might have done before. I don't know how seriously they're looking into it, but ... has anyone but Spider talked to you about it? anyone from the army, like?

<Genevriel> No. You know how fucked up everything was. They might not know where to find me.

  • Pol nods

<Genevriel> I'll go to them.

  • Genevriel sighs.

<Pol> That might be better - better than if they have to track you down, anyway

  • Dorien_Voclain raises an eyebrow

<Pol> What are you up to these days?

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Cleaning tables in a club.

  • Pol brings you into her office, by this point - it is rather plain, with some papers and charts on the walls, some filing cabinets, an assortment of small plant seedlings in the window

<Genevriel> Not what I'd dreamed of doing as a kid, granted. But war does that to you, doesn't it?

<Genevriel> (Are any of the seedlings similar to the weird stuff growing outside?)

<Pol> I'm just glad you're okay. After everything that happened, I ... well, I worried about you.

<Pol> (some of them could be, yeah)

<Genevriel> Thanks. you were always the decent one.

  • Genevriel smiles.
  • Pol smiles back

<Pol> I don't know if any of us were decent. But I liked you.

<Genevriel> Thanks.

<Genevriel> I wish I could have been more decent.

<Genevriel> Anyway... water under the bridge.

<Pol> it was a crazy time. Everyone did things they regret.

  • Genevriel glances at Dorien, since he must be feeling like a third wheel at the moment.

<Pol> anyway, well... is there anything I can do for you?

  • Genevriel turns back to Pol.

<Pol> .... were you looking for work?

  • Genevriel raises her eyebrows in surprise.

<Genevriel> Not especially... no. I might not be the right kind of person for whatever jobs you have here, though, anyway.

<Genevriel> But... Spider did mention one other thing.

<Genevriel> You apparently saw what happened to me? I understand you didn't really want to talk about it with them. Which I appreciate.

<Genevriel> But I was wondering if you might be willing to talk about it with me?

  • Pol glances to Dorien

<Pol> if you want, yeah.

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles (I'm just here for moral support :3 )

<Genevriel> I would. I only have my perspective on things, and that's a really confusing one. Someone else's perspective might help me piece together a little bit more.

<Genevriel> Dorien's my friend as well as my cousin. I've told him a little about what happened.

<DiablotinNarrator> (sec, just logging into my notes so I can check something)

<Genevriel> I don't mind if he hears what you have to say.

  • Pol nods

<Pol> Well... it was at that farmhouse, the fire...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Pol> I ... don't know how much you want me to go into.

  • Pol still seems a bit nervous talking about this

<Genevriel> I ran back into the house to try to rescue them. I only managed to find two.

<Genevriel> One of the adults and the boy.

  • Pol nods

<Pol> I saw you run in, and I remember thinking you'd be killed for sure

  • Genevriel nods encouragingly.
  • Genevriel hopes to encourage Pol to speak freely without me filling in pieces, that is. Don't want a contaminated persepctive.

<Pol> but you came out, and you were holding the boy over your shoulder...

<Pol> you were burning. but not like... from the fire. You were just ... alight from inside, it looked like.

  • Genevriel tries to not influence Pol with her own expressions... it's hard, though!

<Pol> I tried to help you - I grabbed your arm

<Pol> I remember your skin rubbing off in my hands

  • Pol says with a grimace
  • Genevriel shudders slightly and nods, can't help it. That was gross.

<Pol> And you turned to look at me, but it was like you didn't even see me.

<Pol> You said "we are all one", and it wasn't your voice.

<Pol> it was like it was a voice coming through you, from somewhere else, or someone else

<Pol> does that make any sense?

<Genevriel> As much as any of it can, yes. What happened next?

<Pol> I fell back, and you ran off

<Pol> Meg came around the side of the building and shouted that we needed to go, so ... I didn't follow

<Pol> i'm sorry for that

<Genevriel> No, no need to apologize.

<Genevriel> The fire you saw inside me - what colour was it?

<Pol> white?

<Pol> it was glowing so bright it was hard to look at

<Genevriel> Huh.

<Genevriel> Do you remember anything else?

<Pol> that the boy didn't look burned... I thought that was strange.

<Genevriel> Anything more?

<Genevriel> (Gen will fill Pol in on what she remembers after it's clear that Pol doesn't remember anything else.)

<Pol> It's all a bit of a blur after that

  • Pol doesn't seem to have any more details

<Pol> does that mean something to you?

<Genevriel> A little. It confirms some of what I remember, anyway.

  • Pol nods

<Pol> Here, let me give you my number, so you can get in touch if you want to talk more

  • Pol passes you a card
  • Genevriel will explain (awkwardly) how she prayed for the boy to live and he did, how she ran with the boy to take him to a temple, then must have lost consciousness shortly afterwards. That she woke up in a medical tent days later, and then was kept under observation because of persistent injuries that wouldn't heal. Then the war ended, and now here she is.

<Genevriel> Thanks.

<Genevriel> I don't have a telephone, but you can find me most evenings at Titania's Cabaret, if you want to talk more with me.

<Pol> All right

<Pol> I should get back to work...

<Dorien_Voclain> Thank you for seeing us.

<Pol> But I'm glad to have seen you, Gen

<Pol> And nice to meet you too, Dorien

<Genevriel> Thanks, Polly. I appreciate your time. And I'm glad I got to see you, too.

<Genevriel> Dorien's actually an alchemist himself, you know.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Pol> oh yes?

  • Pol smiles

<Genevriel> Yes, a particularly brilliant one.

<Genevriel> I may be biased, though.

<Pol> well, keep in mind the possibility of work - I know you grew up on a farm, and gardening here might be... interesting, at least.

<Dorien_Voclain> I was an apprentice under Julienne Sormet

<Pol> Oh, yes, I know her work.

<Pol> Where are you working now?

<Dorien_Voclain> I'm sort of... between jobs at the moment. Things are a bit up in the air.

  • Pol nods, rather
  • Pol will walk you back out

<Pol> (and the cab driver did in fact wait for you, yay)

<Dorien_Voclain> (Yay!)

  • Genevriel would have said "I'll keep it in mind, thanks."

<Dorien_Voclain> It's been a pleasure. Thank you again for your time.

<Pol> you're welcome

Denise goes on a date with Enver, accompanied by Argent and Mireva

<DiablotinNarrator> So, double date night!

<DiablotinNarrator> The plan is to meet at Denise's place, as everone knows where that is

<DiablotinNarrator> and then go to the movies from there

  • Denise makes Mireva come over early, of course
  • Mireva will of course do so, to help with makeup and clothes

<Denise> :3

<Mireva> Are you doin' okay? Nervous or anything?

<Denise> uh, yes D:

<Denise> I'm okay though

<Denise> like, it's just Enver, right?

<Denise> Are you excited?

<Mireva> I'm more excited for you :) you're adorable

<Denise> >.>

<Mireva> but Argent is pretty cute, so... we'll see what happens

<Denise> yeah

  • Argent will give the door a rap when he arrives at Denis' place

<Denise> oh!

<Denise> A boy arrives :o

<Denise> I wonder which one :3

  • Mireva will accompany you to the door
  • Denise will hop up to answer it

<Denise> Hi Argent :D

  • Argent waves as he walks in

<Mireva> Hi there :)

<Argent> Hi girls. You both look great.

  • Denise is wearing blrown slacks and a green v-neck sweater, and her hair is all rolled up in a headband so that it looks short

<Argent> Thanks again for the invite.

  • Mireva has a purple silk blouse and black pants, and an amount of makeup like some of the dancing girls at the club

<Mireva> No problem, it should be fun :)

  • Denise is wearing make up too, but much more subtle
  • Enver arrives soon thereafter
  • Argent opted for a splash of colour in his navy blue shirt and black pants. His hair, despite efforts to make it behave is scraggly as ever.
  • Enver has a red sweater and grey trousers

<Denise> Hi Enver :3

  • Argent nods an acknowledgement at Enver's arrival

<Enver> Hi! You look really nice.

<Denise> thanks! Um, you too.

  • Enver is freshly scrubbed and his hair is slicked down

<Enver> So, uh... are you ready to go?

<Denise> I think so!

  • Denise looks at everyone else

<Argent> You bet

<Mireva> Sure :)

<Enver> Okay!

  • Enver leads you outside where he has a cab waiting
  • Argent will get one of the doors for Mireva

<Enver> (the cab is one of the larger kinds with two rows of seats in the back, facing each other, so you don't have to squish)

<Mireva> Why thank you ^-^

<Denise> aww, fancy :)

<Enver> Well, I figured you ladies might not wanna walk, especially if it decided to rain or something

  • Denise glances up at the sky

<Denise> yeah....

  • Enver opens the door to the cab for Denise

<Denise> thanks :3

  • Denise will scoot in and over to the far side
  • Enver lets Mireva go next, secretly hoping she won't sit beside Denise >.>
  • Mireva will take the hint and sit across from Denise instead ;)
  • Argent will sit next to his date
  • Enver gets in and sits beside Denise

<Enver> The Majestic, please.

  • Enver tells the driver

<Denise> so what are we gonna go see?

<Enver> Well... I wasn't quite sure what sort of movies you liked, but The Lucky Dog is showing, an' I heard it's real funny.

<Mireva> Is that the one with the dog who keeps getting into trouble, but he always escapes?

<Enver> Yeah, that one.

<Denise> Oh yeah!

  • Denise grins

<Argent> sounds fine to me

<Denise> that'll be fun then

<Enver> Great :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The cab drives you to the theater, which is quite a large and elegant one, in the Pav.

  • Enver pays the driver and you all get out
  • Argent looks around at the theater.

<Argent> Quite a place

<Enver> Yeah, it's pretty nice... there's a balcony and all

<Enver> so...

  • Enver offers Denise his arm to go in

<Denise> oh!

<Denise> um

  • Denise will take it
  • Denise gives him a sort of shy/nervous smile
  • Enver smiles back

<Enver> D'you want any snacks?

<Denise> Oh yeah! :D

  • Denise says 'cause that's at least easy
  • Denise is a growing girl @_@
  • Denise requires all of the snacks :V
  • Argent will follow Enver's example and offer Mireva his arm and follow the pair to the snack counter

<Denise> Snacks would be great...

  • Enver will get some popcorn and candies for you to share

<Argent> Something you would like?

<Mireva> Maybe a drink would be nice

<Denise> they shoudl sell beers

<Argent> Sure thing

<Denise> that woudl be real great

  • Mireva takes the moment while the boys are getting snacks and drinks to check in with Denise

<Mireva> <w> good so far? :D

<Denise> <w> yeah :3

<Mireva> <w> okay - if you need to escape, just tell me you gotta go to the bathroom and I'll go with you

  • Denise nods

<Denise> <w> Okay, thanks

<Denise> <w> but like its okay, jst like... hanging out, so far :3

<Mireva> <w> Yeah, well... that's what it should be like :)

<Mireva> <w> at least on a first date

  • Denise smiles
  • Enver returns with a large container of popcorn and a box of candies

<Enver> Wanna sit up in the balcony?

  • Argent will bring the drinks

<Denise> sure!

<Enver> sometimes, you can throw popcorn down at the people underneath... uh... but maybe that's not classy >.>

<Denise> hee

<Argent> only if they;re being loud :)

<Enver> like, aim for the lady in the big hat, see how many pieces you can get to land on it

  • Denise giggles

<Mireva> well, we don't wanna get kicked out ;)

<Enver> no, i guess not

  • Enver pays for your ticket, also, Denise

<Denise> thanks :3

<Enver> hey, it's okay - it's a date, right? :)

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise says, maybe blushing a little
  • Enver will lead the way up the stairs to the balcony. It's pretty deserted up there, only a few other people

<Argent> hope we can find a seat

  • Enver chuckles

<Denise> looks like we shoud be fine!

<Enver> the movie's been playing for a while, so I guess maybe most folks already saw it

<Argent> Its new to us, so thats all that counts

<Denise> yeah!

  • Denise grins
  • Enver heads down the front aisle to take a seat

<Enver> is this okay?

  • Denise will follow

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> easier to aim ;p

  • Enver grins
  • Argent will look to Mireva for her preferred location choice

<Mireva> do you wanna give them a little space? ;)

<Argent> yeah, but close enough that she can have help if she needs it

  • Mireva nods

<Mireva> We'll just be a couple rows back, okay?

  • Mireva checks with you
  • Denise gives her a mildly suspicious look, but nods

<Argent> Yeah, that way we won't get kicked out with you for throwing popcorn

<Mireva> exactly ;)

<Denise> ain't many tagets, anyway ;p

  • Mireva chuckles
  • Argent will hand them their drinks and head to the seats
  • Mireva picks some seats for herself and Argent, a couple rows behind you, as promised, where she will be able to see if you get up or anything :)

<Mireva> (or up *to* anything ;)

<Argent> (advantage darkvision :))

<Denise> (hah)

<Denise> (this is more lowlight conditions, really ;)

  • Enver settles in beside you, offering the popcorn
  • Denise will take some

<Denise> what about them candies?

<Denise> You gotta do 'em together

<Enver> oh yeah?

<Denise> ';cause then it 's like salty *and* sweet

  • Enver passes you the box of candies, then
  • Enver resists the urge to say "that's what she said"
  • Denise will take a few, om nom nom

<Argent> I've never been to a theater this nice before

<Mireva> yeah... it's really nice here.

  • Mireva takes some sips of her drink, and then pulls out a flask from her purse to top it up ;)
  • Argent smiles

<Mireva> you want some?

<Argent> sure

  • Argent will offer his drink

<Argent> what is it?

  • Mireva pours a few shots into your drink

<Mireva> It's cherry liqueur... tastes nice with the soda

  • Argent will take a drink and nod

<Mireva> (it's probably pretty sweet, but not bad if you like cherry anyway)

<Argent> (and its strong enough to help take the nerves off)

<Mireva> (yeah)

<Denise> (or the inhibitions, watever >.>)

<Denise> (where's mine, damnit ;p)

<DiablotinNarrator> The lights dim as the movie starts

<DiablotinNarrator> It is a cute comedy film about, as expected, an adorable dog getting into various shenanigans

  • Denise giggles at the funny parts
  • Enver too
  • Argent will chat with Mireva during the film, if she is willing.
  • Denise starts off trying to read the dialogue bits but then stops trying about halfway through because the silly dog bits are kind of pobvious anyway
  • Mireva is more interested in you than the film, for sure ;)

<Argent> (quietly)

  • Enver makes a casual move partway through to take your hand, Denise
  • Denise sorts of startles a bit because she was not super paying attention but looks over shyly

<Denise> . o O (ahhhhhh @_@)

<Enver> <w> uh... is that okay?

<Denise> Um, yeah...

<Denise> (<w> just kinda jumpy lately, ya know >.>)

<Enver> oh... yeah :/

  • Enver takes your hand more deliberately, so it's not like he's sneaking up on you
  • Denise smiles a little
  • Enver squeezes your hand and smiles back

<Denise> . o O (ahhhhhh @_@ :3)

  • Mireva will chat quietly with you, Argent
  • Argent just enjoys the conversation, an escape from the recent worries and work and does his best to make sure Mireva is enjoying herself
  • Mireva seems to be having fun, and the alcohol helps to relax too :)

<Mireva> <w> so, would you wanna do this again? just us, maybe?

  • Mireva asks after a bit

<Argent> <w> that would definitely be fun.

<Mireva> <w> sweet :D

  • Argent enjoys the leaning close to chat
  • Mireva leans up and kisses you
  • Argent will kiss her back
  • Mireva is happy to completely stop paying attention to the movie, then ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> When the lights come up, Argent will have purple lipstick all over his face ;)

<Denise> (and neck, and possibly collar ;)

  • Enver will keep holding Denise's hand if she doesn't pull away or whatever
  • Denise will not
  • Denise can handle hand holding :3

<Enver> That was ... fun :)

<Denise> yeah :)

<Denise> it was real nice

  • Denise says honestly
  • Argent will chuckle if Mireva points it out and pull out his hankerchief to wipe his face
  • Mireva will help you with that ;)
  • Denise glancesa bakc to see how they're doing
  • Mireva grins to you
  • Argent is still chuckling
  • Denise 's eyes go a little wide, but then she smiles and rolls them

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make your way back home, and head your separate ways, then (assuming you want to ;)

  • Denise would be open to further hanging out or what have you, but leave it up to someone else >.>
  • Enver will cautiously ask if you'd like to go have some coffee, then
  • Argent is glad to keep the night going with either some coffee or other drinks

<Denise> Oh yeah, sure!

  • Mireva is fine with that too :)

Hugo relates his tale of confusing redheads to Sirris

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Hugo wants to talk to Sirris, then?

<Sirris> (at the temple, or elsewhere?)

<Hugonel> (at the temple is fine)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

  • Sirris can be found there at some quiet time between services, say
  • Hugonel will try to dress as modestly as possible for him and will try not to attract too much attention on the way in.

<Hugonel> (just an ordinary neutral tone scarf, in other words)

<Sirris> Hugo, it's good to see you

  • Sirris says when you arrive

<Hugonel> Sirris. Good to see you as well.

<Hugonel> How have you been?

<Sirris> Oh, busy as always.

<Sirris> How about you? What brings you here?

<Hugonel> I had hoped we could find a few moments to talk privately.

<Sirris> certainly

<Sirris> is something troubling you?

<Hugonel> Yes, you might say that.

  • Hugonel frowns.

<Hugonel> I don't know whether to be troubled by it or not. Which itself is troubling.

<Sirris> oh?

  • Sirris will escort you to a more private chamber to talk
  • Hugonel will follow.

<Sirris> tell me what's on your mind

<Hugonel> I've been having visions. Well, not visions, exactly. Moments of recognition, or of a sort of strange familiarity.

  • Sirris looks intrigued

<Hugonel> The first one was on the evening when the Count of Radstock was killed. I was escorting a Psyrene singer, Eirini, around the cabaret, and was struck, in a moment, at her familiarity. Later, it turned out she was a person of interest to the police in the matter of the murder. She was never found.

  • Sirris nods, listening

<Hugonel> She was very beautiful, but it was more than that. I meet many beautiful women.

  • Sirris chuckles slightly

<Sirris> You find many women beautiful, it's true :)

<Sirris> but you say it wasn't simply that?

<Hugonel> It's a gift. I try to treasure it. I pride myself on not forgetting a woman I've been with. It's quite discourteous. I may have many women in my life but I value them all. I really do.

  • Sirris nods

<Hugonel> A few weeks later, I was at a literary salon and I met another woman, Klara Dannan, a music critic of some renown. Like Eirini, she is a redhead, and like her, I was struck by some resemblance. It was forceful enough that I invited her to come to the cabaret so I could talk to her in greater detail.

<Hugonel> That was last week, when she came. And when we were talking privately - not what you suppose, by the by - I had a distinct vision, or memory, of my time at the Castalia, where one of these women - or perhaps a third redheaded woman - was kissing me and saying "You won't tell, will you?"

<Sirris> that's odd...

<Hugonel> Now I don't know if that memory was real, or perhaps affected by my ... vodare habit, or affected by magic.

<Sirris> so you believe this was an event in your past that you have forgotten, for whatever reason?

<Hugonel> I don't know. But I've never been prone to such visions before, not even when I was discovering my Imperious bloodline.

<Hugonel> And while I've had my share of vodare-related hallucinations, this seemed ... different. Not random. Not arbitrary.

  • Sirris nods

<Hugonel> I feel silly even bringing this to you. I mean, perhaps it's nothing.

<Sirris> I don't think it's nothing - at the very least, it's something that is troubling you, and that makes it worth discussing and trying to get to the bottom of it.

<Sirris> If it's something that genuinely happened, perhaps you can recover that memory

<Hugonel> Is that something you can help with?

<Sirris> Perhaps. or perhaps you can.

<Hugonel> What do you mean?

<Sirris> I believe there's a spell that would assist in your recall... I don't know if it's within your capabilities, but perhaps a scroll or some other such option might be possible.

<Sirris> (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing---3rd-party-spells/r/remembrance)

<Hugonel> That's true. Spells do exist to retrieve memories. But I'm afraid, Sirris. What if it isn't a memory? What could that mean?

<Sirris> If that's not possible, there may be techniques of meditation I could help you with to try and seek the truth of the memory, but of course that might be more time-intensive process

<Sirris> If it isn't a memory, then perhahps it is a vision or a dream of some sort?

<Sirris> But it could still hold some meaning, even so

<Hugonel> It may, I grant you that. You don't suppose I'm going mad, though, do you?

<Sirris> I don't believe so.

  • Hugonel seems honestly relieved.

<Sirris> Your mind may be drawing these connections between seemingly unrelated women because of something you've sensed about them, something that they share, or that reminds you of another person, as you suggested. I don't think it's madness.

<Hugonel> I worry, sometimes. So many of my relatives have been mad. Mad Mortemer, you may not have heard of him.

  • Sirris shakes his head

<Hugonel> And then - well, the Arch has made so many go mad, and those people are in my lineage.

<Sirris> I think if you were mad, there would be more obvious signs.

  • Sirris assures you

<Hugonel> I hope so. I mean, I believe that's right.

  • Sirris puts his hand on your shoulder

<Hugonel> Thank you, Sirris. I often struggle to know what Serpent's will is for me.

<Sirris> We all do...

<Hugonel> Part of me is tempted by grandiose ideas. That there is a plan.

<Hugonel> But then I am reminded that I am just one of many, and not the most important.

<Sirris> while you are one of many, and not the most important, that doesn't mean there may not be a plan

  • Hugonel smiles.

<Hugonel> I wish I knew more.

<Sirris> I hope that knowledge you seek will come to you in time

  • Sirris gives you a hug

<Hugonel> Thank you, Sirris. As always, your insight is priceless.

Lathra pries more information about the ForestHeart from Thera

<Thera> (where would you like to talk to her? at/after a service, or maybe she can visit the club, or somewhere else?)

<Lathra> For most of my clients I think I normally go to their place, unless they prefer to meet at my apartment?

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, at her place sounds good :)

  • Thera will welcome you into her flat, an elegant townhouse near the edge of the Grand

<Thera> Can I offer you a drink, or some refreshments?

<Lathra> Well you most certainly can, and then I'd be absolutely unable to refuse, I'm afraid!

  • Thera smiles
  • Thera will pour you some coffee with some fancy liqueur added for a kick ;)
  • Lathra sheds her coat

<Thera> here you go :)

<Lathra> Much appreciated, thank you so!

  • Thera offers you a drink and a seat in the living room
  • Lathra accepts both

<Lathra> Now Thera dear I've got some news I rather thought you'd be interested in.

<Thera> oh, do tell?

  • Thera leans forward, listening with interest

<Lathra> Well, partially by coincidence and subsequently by investigation I've found that rather than being unique to you, unusual visions seem to be rather an epedemic of late - and what's more, in many cases there seems to be a running theme!

<Thera> oh... really?

  • Lathra waits to see how Thera reacts
  • Thera seems a little disconcerted and concerned

<Lathra> Why yes, and I thought I must check in with you and see whether your visions fit in, since if they do it'd be crucial to keep you up to date on what I find out.

  • Thera nods slowly

<Lathra> Would you be willing to tell me about what you've been seeing, if you've had any recent episodes? Or if you're not comfortable with that, I could tell you a bit about some of the other visions and you could say whether they're familiar?

<Thera> I ... suppose that would be all right. I try not to think about them too much - I know probably that's not healthy, that if they come from Serpent I should try to pay attention and understand them, but it's just so difficult...

<Lathra> Well, if they do come from Serpent then they could be significant, yes... but I can certainly understand why one wouldn't want to immerse oneself in something so overwhelming.

  • Thera nods, sipping her drink

<Thera> If you tell me what the common... threads are that you've noticed, I can try to recall if it matches things I've seen

<Lathra> Well let's see... most telling would be if you'd heard of a recurring icon called "the forestheart"

  • Thera practically drops her drink, and then sets it down more carefully

<Thera> ... yes, that does sound familiar

<Thera> what is it?

<Lathra> (Sec, checking logs for details)

<Thera> ('k)

<Lathra> Well now I'm not an expert, but from what I've been told it may be or have been some kind of living place, and possibly a portal to another world.

  • Thera nods

<Lathra> Other recurring details include the idea of "ones who came before", who may wish to or be returning, and a real place, Seda Grove, where some of the affected people have visited.

<Thera> I've heard about Seda Grove... not in visions, but in real life.

<Thera> such a tragedy

<Lathra> Yes, so I've come to understand. What had you heard, and does it relate to you at all?

<Thera> well, not directly? I heard about what happened from Prince Ruchard - he was in the war, although he wasn't there at the time the fire happened, but he knew some of the people involved.

  • Lathra nods

<Thera> after he told me about it, I had some dreams about it, but they might have been ordinary dreams.

<Lathra> Well, I suppose they might... and then again they might not.

<Thera> The Forestheart... I know that whatever it might be, the visions say that the Forestheart can't be destroyed - it will always re-grow.

<Lathra> One person I spoke to likened it to the Arch

  • Thera nods

<Thera> Yes - they say that about the Arch too, I think.

<Thera> That it can never really be destroyed - it will come back in a different location.

<Lathra> I'd definitely say that if your visions are connected to the forestheart, then they're connected to the others, and I'll be sure to keep you informed if I find anything out.

  • Thera nods

<Thera> Lathra, can I ask you some advice? unrelated to this issue...

<Thera> I'll keep it brief, I'm sure you're very busy

<Lathra> Why of course! That's what my time's for, as much as my other obligations!

  • Thera smiles at that, but still seems a bit anxious about something

<Lathra> What's troubling you, my dear?

<Thera> If a gentleman - a very wealthy, powerful gentleman, say - offers to take care of a lady... you know. to ensure that she has whatever she needs, and so forth... in exchange for her, well, companionship...

<Thera> is that really much different than being a whore?

<Lathra> Oh my, that's certainly a question to trouble one's conscience, isn't it?

  • Lathra sips her coffee and thinks on it for a moment or two.

<Lathra> To me, it seems like the important part of the question is less how similar the situation is to another, and more one of its own merits - that is: is the lady's companionship freely shared? Would she want to share it with him if he weren't offering his care? And if she changes her mind, would his care, and indeed his friendship, be withdrawn?

  • Thera nods slowly

<Thera> I... yes, I suppose that does make a difference. I don't know the answer.

<Thera> thank you, though

<Thera> that gives me something to consider

<Lathra> You're welcome, and if such a situation arises and the lady would need help resolving it, I'd be very glad to do what I could.

<Thera> thank you

  • Lathra winks
  • Thera smiles

<Lathra> Before I leave might I ask whether there's anything you remember about your visions that could be helpful? Little details that could help me research or identify what this is all about, or anything that stuck in the mind?

  • Thera thinks about it for a moment

<Thera> I saw that the Forestheart had been destroyed before... that's why I said it can't really be, that it will come back somewhere else

<Lathra> Which is what I'm rather concerned might be happening, perhaps here.

<Thera> But the last time it was destroyed, I think that elves did it. I saw elves around it, cutting into it, tearing it down.

<Lathra> Well now *that's* something new, to me.

<Lathra> I'll keep it in mind.

<Thera> I don't really know that much about the Cozovode... I thought they were very respectful of nature. that's why it seemed so shocking.

<Lathra> Well, there's certainly more research I need to do! Thank you so much for sharing with me dear, and for this delightful coffee!

<Thera> you're welcome... and thank you for your wisdom, too.

<Lathra> Any time! I hope that it proves wise!

  • Lathra raises her coffee to Thera and finishes it
  • Thera will finish hers as well, before she shows you out

Solos

Denise and Hettie catch up with one another

<Denise> (so - whaen does Hettie actually get home, or does she just show up for work?)

<Denise> (i.e. how much fretting am I doing here ;)

<Hettienne> (I probably come home with time to change my clothes at least ;)

<Denise> (okay)

<Denise> (At least nycki's place probably has a shower ;p)

<Denise> (but really you hardly wore them :V)

<Hettienne> (hee)

  • Denise is sort of puttering in the kitchen sort of cleaning, mostly pacing when she hears the door
  • Hettienne comes in and shakes her coat off.

<Denise> Aunt Hettie!

<Hettienne> Hey Den...

  • Denise looks liek she is ready for work and also like she barely slept a wink

<Denise> I was so worried!

<Hettienne> Oh Hon, I'm sorry.

  • Hettienne says guiltily.

<Denise> you alright though?

<Denise> didn't run in to no trouble?

<Hettienne> I'm fine. everything's fine, girl.

<Denise> :/

<Hettienne> Really!

  • Hettienne grins.

<Denise> Well, it ain't all fine, 's the thing.

<Hettienne> Weird but... fine.

  • Hettienne stops smiling...

<Hettienne> What happened?

<Denise> You know hows Ander was askin' around for us about the guy who offed Vairon?

<Hettienne> Yeah...

<Denise> he tried to jump us outside the cellar

<Hettienne> He did what?!

<Hettienne> One-armed motherfucker.

<Denise> him and some lady pal of his

<Hettienne> Is everybody ok?

<Denise> yeah

  • Hettienne presses her lips together, frowning.

<Hettienne> Well that's good at least.

<Denise> Ander got a little shot, and he set ralf on fire, but tey're okay

<Hettienne> On fire? O_o

<Denise> I guess, like, his arm can shott fire

<Hettienne> Damn.

<Denise> and like, these little dart things

<Hettienne> I guess... wow.

  • Hettienne shakes her head.

<Hettienne> I found out his name.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Ander told me

<Hettienne> He works for some... I dunno what you'd call 'em.

<Hettienne> Not quite the government, y'know?

<Denise> we that ain't no good

<Hettienne> No it ain't.

<Denise> 'Cause like - you don't mess with folks outside The Cellar, ya know?

<Hettienne> They were doin' some kind of experiments, replacing limbs and stuff with techno-junk.

<Denise> so it is liek a warforged arm!

<Hettienne> Sorta like the warforged, yeah/

<Denise> I think maye Ander were gonna ask geff about it

<Hettienne> messed the fuck up if ya ask me.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> :|

<Denise> anyway, we gotta be like, real careful now

<Denise> 'cause liek who knows where this is gonna go from here, ya know?

<Denise> I guess he didn't like folks askin' round bout him >.>

<Hettienne> Well, y'all ain't gonna be the only ones askin'///

<Hettienne> 'Specially now.

<Hettienne> Shootin' fire out your arm ain't exactly subtle

<Denise> well, weren't no one around for that, I don't think, cept Ralf and Ev

<Denise> I didn't see it, I just saw Ralf after

<Denise> but i did see the darts, 'cause he got me with one of 'em

<Denise> but it was jut like little

  • Denise holds up her fingers

<Denise> didn't even hurt really

<Hettienne> Likely poison...

<Hettienne> You're lucky you're a big girl. ;)

<Denise> yeah, maybe :)

<Denise> anyway

<Denise> I'm glad you're alright

<Denise> I weren't real sure what its al; about

<Denise> I got him a couple of good once in the face though, don't think he were expectin' that

<Denise> then I had to go after the shooter

<Denise> but she was upon the roof and she was too quick to follow

<Hettienne> Probably juiced up too...

<Denise> oh, huh, maybe

<Denise> she didn't look it

<Denise> but she did't have no trouble runnin all over the place in the rain, neither

<Hettienne> maybe she had like, spikes in her feet.

<Denise> huh maybe :o

<Denise> she were real qucik too - I missed when I shot at her, an' aI got pretty good aim, ya know?

  • Hettienne nods.

<Denise> I dunno

<Hettienne> Well, you can tell Ander what I told you...

<Denise> but like

<Denise> Oh I will

<Denise> an maybe I'm gonna get to learn to drive, too

<Denise> 'cause like that's safer :ew

<Denise> :3

<Hettienne> Oh, fancy!

<Denise> I know!

  • Denise grins, but tiredly

<Denise> I'll tell 'im

  • Denise will come give you a hug

<Hettienne> Sorry I worried you, hon.

<Denise> I'm glad your.... personal stuff, turned out alright


Dorien and Gen converse on the long drive home

<Dorien_Voclain> Once back in the cab, Dorien will turn to Gen.

<Dorien_Voclain> Did you get what you needed?

  • Genevriel rather expected he would.

<Genevriel> I'm not really sure.

<Dorien_Voclain> You know... you should consider her offer.

<Genevriel> I remember some of what she said. I don't remember being filled with white light or *me* saying "We are all one," though...

<Genevriel> Of a job?

<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah.

<Dorien_Voclain> It might be good for you.

<Genevriel> I don't know. Those plants are weird. Not right, you know?

<Genevriel> Also, it is far out of the city, and I don't know if... whatever power has laid claim to me... would allow it.

<Dorien_Voclain> Gen, sometimes you need to think about yourself. Bussing tables is killing you. Being out in the country might take your mind off things.

<Genevriel> Well, there is also the matter of potential war crimes tribunals.

<Genevriel> Depending on how that goes, I may not be free to work there or at the Cabaret.

<Dorien_Voclain> Are you really going to go to them?

<Genevriel> Yes. Dorien, I did things I should not have done. I need to take responsibility for what I did. And, equally importantly, not be assigned responsibility for things I did not do.

  • Dorien_Voclain sighs and rubs his forehead.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'll do whatever I can to help. My father might be able to pull some strings.

  • Genevriel 's expression tenses briefly.

<Genevriel> I don't want strings pulled. I want to be held accountable for my actions.

<Dorien_Voclain> Gen...

<Dorien_Voclain> I just don't want to see anything happen to you.

<Genevriel> Nothing will happen to me that I do not deserve.

<Dorien_Voclain> To hell with deserve. You're my cousin and my friend. And you're not the same person who fought in that war.

<Genevriel> You're wrong. The person who sits before you today is the sum total of everything that has happened to her in the preceding years.

  • Dorien_Voclain sighs again.

<Dorien_Voclain> Just know that there's still someone else who cares what happens to you.

<Genevriel> I am cognizant of that fact. But I cannot shirk my responsibilities in order to make you feel better.

<Genevriel> I wouldn't feel better, and didn't you start off this conversation by saying that I need to think about myself?

<Dorien_Voclain> I meant you should think in your best interests, not about how to punish yourself.

<Genevriel> What if punishment is in my best interests?

  • Dorien_Voclain raises an eyebrow at that.

<Dorien_Voclain> Gen, everyone has made mistakes. Some of us more than others. But you move on. Dwelling on it and letting it rule your life isn't the solution.

<Dorien_Voclain> (/me says, completely unaware of the irony)

<Genevriel> I need to face the consequences in order to be able to move on.

<Genevriel> Can't you see that?

<Dorien_Voclain> No. I can't. There are consequences you don't get to move on from. I don't want that for you.

<Genevriel> You're worried that I'll be executed.

<Dorien_Voclain> I...

<Dorien_Voclain> Yes.

<Genevriel> I'm not worried. Death isn't an end. It's just a change. Like a tree, returning to the soil. New plants grow from it.

<Genevriel> I should have died the night of the fire, anyway.

<Dorien_Voclain> Don't you think there's been enough death in the last few years? What would yours accomplish? It wouldn't settle any cosmic debt. It's not going to balance any ledger. What good would it do to anyone?

<Genevriel> It would be good for my soul. I told you that I am afraid of what will happen to me immediately after my death, because I am sure I will go to hell. I am tired of hurting and I don't want to hurt more. But pain... it can be cathartic, can't it? In the final analysis, I do not think hell is any more an end than death. It's another change, a change that offers the hope of redemption.

<Dorien_Voclain> I won't just watch you throw your life away.

  • Genevriel sighs.

<Genevriel> I'm not throwing it away.

<Genevriel> I'm trying to correct course back to what I should have been.

<Genevriel> And I am not as certain as you that I would be executed, anyway. Whatever I did in the war, I followed my orders. I eliminated enemies. I didn't do it very humanely, though, and that is what my trial will be about.

<Genevriel> I didn't commit treason; I didn't betray the Imperial Army's plans to the enemy. I didn't desert.

<Genevriel> I don't think they can kill me for being cruel.

<Dorien_Voclain> No, but they can lock you away for who knows how long.

<Genevriel> And that is worse than my current situation how exactly?

<Genevriel> Who knows? Maybe I could even do some good in prison.

<Genevriel> Maybe that's what I'm supposed to do.

<Dorien_Voclain> *sigh* You know something? Between you, Lucette, Emelinda and Misery, I'm beginning to think I just can't ever win an argument with a woman.

  • Dorien_Voclain slumps in his seat and stares at the passing countryside

<Genevriel> I wasn't aware it was a competition, Dorien.

<Dorien_Voclain> It's not. It's a lot more important than that.

<Genevriel> How do you mean?

  • Genevriel asks, genuinely interested.

<Dorien_Voclain> It's your life.

<Dorien_Voclain> That's important.

<Dorien_Voclain> To me, if not to you.

<Genevriel> I understand and I thank you for your concern. But it is only one life. My soul lasts a lot longer than this life.

  • Dorien_Voclain continues to look out the window, quietly.
  • Genevriel tries to figure out how to reassure Dorien, but she can't. She studies him for a while.

<Genevriel> I'm sorry that I've disappointed you.

<Dorien_Voclain> I... I'm sorry. It's your life. I just... I care about you. You're one of the very few things I do care about.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Thank you. I care about you, too. But it is my life, yes, and I must try to make sense of it. This makes sense to me.

  • Dorien_Voclain nods.

<Dorien_Voclain> Ok.

<Genevriel> I don't know exactly what the One is, except that I'm a part of it. And that by my actions, I have hurt it, and thus, hurt myself.

<Genevriel> I need to make amends to those others parts of the One that I have damaged or destroyed by my actions. That's how I can heal myself.

<Dorien_Voclain> I don't understand it. And I don't like it. But if it's what you want... I just hope that you find what you're looking for.

<Genevriel> I hope so, too.

<Genevriel> And I'm sorry that it makes you uncomfortable. :/

<Genevriel> But... if you're looking for work - maybe you could join Polly at the farm?

<Genevriel> Find out what they're doing.

  • Dorien_Voclain raises an eyebrow at that.

<Dorien_Voclain> Her offer was to you, not to me.

<Genevriel> That was before she knew you were an alchemist.

<Dorien_Voclain> She didn't offer after she knew.

<Genevriel> I'm an old friend of sorts. You are someone new. It wouldn't hurt to see if they have openings, would it? If you're interested, anyway.

<Genevriel> If not then forget I even mentioned it.

<Dorien_Voclain> Maybe... although, I'm sure once she learned who I was she'd retract any offer pretty quickly.

<Genevriel> Dorien, everyone has made mistakes. Some of us more than others. But you move on. You made one mistake, years ago. Dwelling on it and letting it rule the rest of your life isn't the solution.

  • Dorien_Voclain looks at you.

<Dorien_Voclain> I have no response to that.

<Genevriel> Well, think about it, will you? You're not going to ever be able to forgive yourself; I understand that. But Pol is no saint either. And after making that one mistake, you're not likely to repeat it ever again, are you?

<Dorien_Voclain> I... I hope not.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'll think about it.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> See, that's where you have an edge over me

<Genevriel> You won't repeat your mistake again. I did repeat mine too many times to count.

  • Genevriel flashes you a sardonic grin.

<Genevriel> Need a drink?

<Dorien_Voclain> ...yeah, I think I do.

  • Genevriel offers you her flask.
  • Dorien_Voclain takes a swig, grimacing.

<Dorien_Voclain> Void, what's in that?

<Genevriel> Really cheap gin.

  • Dorien_Voclain takes another drink.

<Dorien_Voclain> Tastes like gasoline.

<Genevriel> Dulls the pain, though. For a little while.

<Genevriel> Might also keep colds at bay as it burns your sinuses.

<Genevriel> Hard to say.

  • Dorien_Voclain chuckles.

<Genevriel> The empirical evidence suggests that it does; I haven't had a cold since moving to Diablotin, when by all rights I should. It is fucking cold here, you know.

<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah, it sure is.

  • Genevriel will relate some grimly amusing stories to Dorien in an effort to cheer him up.

<Dorien_Voclain> (heh)

<Dorien_Voclain> (Scene for now? :) )

<Genevriel> (I think so, unless you have more to add)

<Dorien_Voclain> (not at present, although Dorien will offer to buy you better booze for your flask if you insist on drinking >.> )


Genevriel revisits Sanadhil

  • Genevriel will have made an appointment to see M. Orecalo at the Castalia, I guess? Since that's the invitation you made, not for her to come a-knocking at your private domicile's door.

<Genevriel> (Although it would be fun to see if Arek or Dozilva identify anything peculiar about Gen.  ;) )

<Sanadhil> (heh)

<Sanadhil> (I assume hyou probably have to go through his assistant, but you will be seen in)

<Genevriel> Good afternoon, Monsieur Orecalo.

  • Genevriel greets you politely when she is let in.
  • Sanadhil rises

<Sanadhil> Good afternoon, Sargent

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.

<Genevriel> I did mention at our last meeting that I can't rightfully be addressed thusly anymore?

<Genevriel> I'm a retired veteran...

<Sanadhil> (Oh sorry, my bad, I waa skimming the log and missed that part)

<Genevriel> Mlle. Doucette will have to do, unless you prefer familiarity, in which case, Gen.

<Sanadhil> Mlle Doucette, then, my apologies

<Sanadhil> would you care to sit?

<Genevriel> It's quite all right. I was a Sargent and that can never truly leave me.

<Genevriel> Thank you.

  • Genevriel will take a seat.
  • Sanadhil settles himself as well - his walking cane is resting against his desk
  • Genevriel pulls your book out of a bag she has brought with her; she offers it to you.

<Sanadhil> Thank you.

  • Genevriel has taken very good care of it while it was in her possession. No coffee rings or gin spills or dog-ears or anything like that.

<Genevriel> Thank you. It was a very interesting read.

  • Sanadhil sets it neatly down on top of another pile of ordered books
  • Genevriel will chat about what was in the book with you for a while...

<Sanadhil> you're quite welcome...

<Genevriel> (Reasonably intelligently. I'm probably not as smart as you, but I am pretty damn smart)

  • Sanadhil easily discusses complex metaphysics

<Sanadhil> (it is not possibly for you to be as smart as San, no @_@)

<Genevriel> (not for a number of levels, no.  :) )

<Sanadhil> (indeed)

  • Genevriel seems quite animated while having intellectual conversations. Rather different from the last time you met her.

<Genevriel> (aka: she didn't drink in preparation for meeting with you. Or, didn't drink enough to mess with her head, anyway.)

  • Sanadhil is able to reference other religious and metaphysical stuff as well, outside of what's in the text

<Sanadhil> (serpent stuff, references to other religions, etc)

<Sanadhil> (Aveyrone gods, I *suppose* are worth mentioning a *little* ;)

  • Genevriel 's interest would be visibly piqued when he refers to other religious frameworks, but at a guess nothing approaches what I've sort of described about the One in game and ooc?)

<Sanadhil> (I don't think think so, no)

<Genevriel> (Do you think there would have been mention of people channelling starlight in Jahrom's work? The thing Julia wrote up back in D2 doesn't mention it except with respect to everyone having starlight in their composition, to a greater or lesser degree, if I remember correctly...)

<Sanadhil> (yes, that's pretty much how they see wizardy)

<Sanadhil> (and that's how their priests work - liek, that;s how they see magic)

<Sanadhil> (in general)

<Sanadhil> (so, very central)

<Genevriel> You seem to have made a study of different religions, M. Orecalo.

  • Genevriel hopes that is a reasonable assumption to make, at least.

<Sanadhil> I have been firtunate enough to encounter several, yes, in my studdies fo different magical practices.

  • Genevriel nods, trying to ge ther thoughts in order, apparently.

<Genevriel> (get her)

<Sanadhil> (*nod*)

  • Sanadhil is patient

<Genevriel> Have you ever encountered one that holds to the idea that we are all different facets of a single unifying force?

<Genevriel> A little bit like the Cosovode thoughts on star-power, except that Jahrom's description seems more philosophical than religious to me.

<Sanadhil> The Cozovode don't distingush the way you do.

<Sanadhil> Jahrom's way is religion

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> That's fair; I guess it is a little difficult to wrap my mind around it.

<Genevriel> I was raised in the Aveyrone Church so I have been used to having a focal point for my worship.

<Sanadhil> There are Cozovode who spend theor who lives trying to unravel the complexities of Jahrom's wisdom - it would be arrognace to believe that it would be easily accessible to you or I.

  • Genevriel tries to explain.

<Genevriel> Have you ever heard of someone who visibly channels something that looks like starlight?

  • Sanadhil considers

<Sanadhil> I have seen the power of the stars directly...channeled. It did not end well for the caster in question.

<Sanadhil> but that was an extreme case

<Sanadhil> and certainly unique

  • Genevriel nods.

<Sanadhil> There are several spells that draw on the power of the sun, hoeever - that might be more similar to what you mean

<Sanadhil> (The elves do conside the sun a star, that woudl be in the book)

<Genevriel> Perhaps.

  • Genevriel seems to be struggling with some sort of inner decision.
  • Sanadhil nods and will let you sit without poking you

<Genevriel> It might just be easier to show you.

<Sanadhil> show me what?

<Genevriel> A gift I was given but do not understand.

<Sanadhil> is it magical?

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> there is a spell I can cat on myself that will allow me to understand better what you have to demonstrate

<Sanadhil> a fairly simple divination spell

<Genevriel> Please understand... I was in the care of army medics for some weeks before the end of the war, and they rather openly wanted to make a study of me.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> I admit my curiousity

<Genevriel> I did not relish the idea then, and I do not now.

<Sanadhil> but you have questions yourself it seems

<Sanadhil> I can offer you a chance at better understanding

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I may be meant to accept this gift without question, but that is not my nature. However I am wary of showing it to you.

<Genevriel> I'd rather I didn't become part of some study.

<Sanadhil> I...can undertand that

<Sanadhil> what does that mean to you?

<Genevriel> It seems dehumanizing to me. I am a person, not an object.

<Genevriel> I'm not here to make some scholar famous.

  • Sanadhil smirks at that

<Genevriel> Or add to the fame they already have.

<Sanadhil> I assure you that is.... not my concern

<Sanadhil> I'm really not interested in renown.

  • Genevriel nods, swallowing.

<Sanadhil> I can't claim I'm not interested in unfamilar forms of magic

<Sanadhil> But I study it because I have a personal interest

<Genevriel> What I have may not be worthy of a second look, but if it should prove to be interesting after all, I would ask that you not publish your work about me without my prior knowledge and consent.

<Genevriel> Does that seem reasonable?

<Sanadhil> Entirely.

  • Sanadhil agrees

<Genevriel> I'm not a lawyer but that statement has a lot of loopholes, doesn't it?

<Sanadhil> likely, but I'm not one either, and I'm not really interested in pursuing them

<Sanadhil> As someone who highly values his own privacy, I completely undertand your meaning and I am willing to abide by your desires

<Genevriel> All right...

  • Genevriel debates the merit of stipulating in more exact terms what she means or taking you at face value...

<Genevriel> Well, I barely know you, but I will extend you my trust in this matter. I hope I won't regret it.

<Sanadhil> I'll try not to give you cause.

  • Genevriel will tell you about what happened to her... have you seen her descriptions enough to not need me to repeat them? Or do you want me to type it out so you know what you've got to work with? ^-^

<Sanadhil> (I've seen it)

<Sanadhil> (if you basically tell him what you told Dorien)

<Genevriel> (I think I've told Dorien pretty much all there is to tell, yeah...)

  • Genevriel will also report what Polly witnessed, since the light she described sounds like it could be starlight.

<Genevriel> It all seems to come from a collective entity that refers to itself as the "One"...

  • Genevriel concludes.
  • Sanadhil doesn't take notes or anything, but he does pay very close attention
  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> would you be willing to submit to the spell that I mentioned?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I'd rather not call up the fire, so perhaps if I request some water, that would be enough?

<Sanadhil> that's fine

<Sanadhil> I should be able to tell a great deal without you needing to cast a thing

  • Sanadhil will cast arcane sight
  • Sanadhil 's eyes glow blue
  • Sanadhil watches you for a moment
  • Genevriel tries not to let her nerves overcome her.

<Sanadhil> the magical energies you channel are divine in nature - not not particularly powerful, at the moment

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> That much I had divined for myself.

  • Genevriel smirks slightly at the play on words.

<Sanadhil> So you are correct that it is magic that is coming from an outside source, not dawring on your own connection with the stars, as with sorcery, wizardy, or bardic magic

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Genevriel nods.

<Sanadhil> That this happened to you in Psyra is interesting

<Genevriel> My questions are about the nature of this power, and why I have been selected, and to what end. I've asked but no answers have been forthcoming.

<Sanadhil> Are you familiar with the history of Aveyrone expansion there?

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> (Gen probably is, but I don't think Ceiridwen is... has it come up in game? There's a bit on the wiki, which I have read, but I can't recall what it says. May have to go find and review it before I respond to San's query)

<Sanadhil> (what's relevant here is that the area was missionized before it was conquored, and the people converted away from their own faiths, and then post conquest other faiths were outlawed)

<Genevriel> (Yeah)

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Genevriel recites the history of religious conversion and outlawing of the old faiths.
  • Sanadhil nods

<Sanadhil> Indeed

<Genevriel> So you think it might be one of their old religions?

<Genevriel> Well, one of their old deities, or pantheons, rather.

  • Sanadhil considers

<Sanadhil> Psyra was in part settled by other refugess from Am - the same civilization that founded the Empire

  • Genevriel nods, listening.

<Sanadhil> Their relationship to the animal totems changed and was influence by the same metaphisical events that resulted in the imprisonment of serpent here - but not in the same way.

<Sanadhil> Some of their totems were at least believed to be destroyed

<Sanadhil> and there were other powers, elemental creatures know as the Djinn, who had influence and engaged with the human population there as well

<Sanadhil> I think our portraitof the religious landscape there is certainly incomplete

  • Genevriel probably didn't know about them - that's recently rediscovered knowledge from Xan and Justen, is it not?)

<Sanadhil> (They were known from folklore, at least)

<Sanadhil> (You may not have heard of them being a real Thing)

<Sanadhil> (The djinn anyway - the other animal totles coming from Am is probably less well known, I think)

<Sanadhil> there are adherents to these older religious systems still practicing in secret in Psyra today, however

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> I have a sense that I do need to go back there someday. But for now, I think I am meant to be here.

  • Sanadhil nods

<Genevriel> . o O (Even if I hate it.)

<Sanadhil> I don't expect it would be easy to find them, in any case

<Genevriel> Probably not.

<Sanadhil> I do have a contact there that i could reach out to

  • Genevriel thinks about the semi-legendary status her Red Squadron held among the rebels...

<Sanadhil> I can guarantee she would have any answers

<Sanadhil> (can't!)

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> It is worth a try, though.

<Genevriel> You have my permission to contact her on my behalf, if you will.

  • Genevriel blushes slightly; she didn't mean to sound arrogant.
  • Sanadhil nods
  • Genevriel was just trying to be clear that it's okay if he contacts this person considering her earlier concerns

<Sanadhil> I can certainly do so.

<Sanadhil> How would be best to contact you?

<Genevriel> I work most evenings at Titania's Cabaret. That would be the safest place for your messenger.

<Genevriel> My neighbourhood isn't the most pleasant one in the city.

<Sanadhil> very well.

<Sanadhil> I will contact you if I learn anything of further interest

<Genevriel> Thank you, M. Orecalo.

<Sanadhil> most welcome, thank you for sharing this with me

  • Sanadhil will rise to see you out then

Noren and Zola go on a date

<Noren> oh - I guess the only thing I might need to know that I can't currently look up is whether I made up a name for the law firm Noren works for
<Zola> I don't recall one. You just said that ... Justen works there?
<Noren> okay

  • Noren will arrive to pick you up
  • Zola answers the door in a sleek black dress with white and black bead embroidery, she's skipped a wig in favour of posing her hair in curls about her face. She smiles broadly, her lips a bright red.

<Zola> Good evening, handsome fellow :)
<Noren> Hello there, lovely lady :) Would you care to join me?
<Zola> Sounds like a plan, Stan :)

  • Zola grabs her clutch from beside the door and turns to give Bastien a wave

<Zola> Don't wait up :)

  • Noren has a black suit and a green bow tie
  • Noren escorts you to the waiting cab
  • Noren opens the door for you to let you get inside
  • Zola slips into the back, setting her purse in her lap

<Noren> L'Ecru, please

  • Noren tells the driver, thereby also informing you where you're going ;)

<Zola> (I assume it has good reviews? :P)
<Noren> (it's a very elegant Plascencial restaurant in the Pav)
<Zola> Oooh, I've heard of l'Ecru but I've never been...
<Zola> (I assume Plascencial does not involve a lot of cooked placenta)
<Noren> (nnno. it's the south-west part of the Empire, more or less)
<Noren> Well, I hope you'll enjoy it :)
<Noren> How have you been doing?
<Zola> Have you? I'm not very familiar with Plascencial cuisine.
<Noren> A couple of business lunches- I haven't been for dinner before. but those were very good.
<Zola> I've been well, keeping busy :) Is that a perk to help make up for all the time they make you put in, fancy luncheS? :)

  • Noren smiles

<Noren> It's sometimes seen as a good plan for impressing important clients :)
<Zola> And who are they? Your important clients?
<Zola> Anyone I'd know?
<Noren> Well, right now, I'm dealing with a case involving some interesting issues in photography copyright. Well... I think they're interesting, anyway. but I don't want to bore you :)
<Zola> Haha... are the pictures interesting at least? :)
<Zola> "Why those are surely MY photos, those are MY buttocks!"

  • Noren chuckles

<Noren> Well, if you're interested in war photography, I suppose... they aren't all very pleasant, but they are important.

  • Zola nods... "I like my idea better, but I suppose that's not the sort of case you'd write home about."

<Noren> I don't think my parents want to know that I've seen anyone's buttocks, even in photographic form ;)
<Zola> I'd be worried if you hadn't, by this point :)

  • Noren smiles

<Noren> They prefer to be kept in blissful ignorance
<Zola> I suppose that is best, sometimes.

  • Noren nods

<Noren> How about your work? How are things at the club?
<Zola> Well, my friend Hugo invited a big critic to the club - because he thought she looked familiar; don't ask - and I managed to not completely blow it.
<Noren> Oh, that's good - I'm glad it went well :)

  • Zola sighs. "I wouldn't quite go so far as to say 'well'..."

<Noren> You're always your own worst critic, though...

  • Noren takes your hand
  • Zola smiles

<Zola> No really, if it wasn't for the encore, it would have been a wet blanket of a night for me...
<Zola> Luckily she liked the song I did, and it caught her ear. She even said it might do well.
<Noren> but you felt like the encore saved the day? :)
<Noren> er, night?
<Zola> Yes, just barely -_-

  • Noren nods

<Noren> is there going to be a print review?
<Zola> I forgot to ask >_>
<Noren> well, we'll have to keep an eye out for it ;)
<Zola> She did say she'll come back for another visit, so I'll get another chance to impress :)
<Noren> Oh, that's good
<Zola> I might have Hugo surprise me though, maybe I'll have more oomph :)
<Noren> Unless it was Hugo's charms that lured her back ;)
<Zola> He is quite a charmer, but I suspect he might not have been in peak form that night either.
<Zola> You'll have to come by some night yourself, you know.
<Noren> I would love to. I might not be able to stay up incredibly late... but maybe I could spin it as a client meeting ;)

  • Noren glances out the window as you arrive at the restaurant

<Noren> Oh, here we are :)

  • Noren pays the driver and holds the door for you
  • Zola smiles graciously and steps out to take in the establishment

<Noren> (Very elegant, it's near the river with a view across to the Grand, lots of polished mahogany and white tableclothes, quite busy)

  • Zola gives Noren her arm and lets him lead the way.
  • Noren will graciously accept
  • Noren has made a reservation, and the two of you are escorted to your table for two near the windows

<Zola> A lovely view as well :)
<Noren> Yes :)

  • Noren says, looking at you
  • Zola blushes.

<Zola> I'll have to be careful not to set them up so easy for you :)
<Noren> I don't mind working for my compliments ^-^

  • Noren surveys the menu
  • Zola will also, asking here and there if Noren's had an item

<Noren> Well, I had the black rice before - it's very ... unusual-looking, but it tastes delicious. It's the squid ink that makes it dark.
<Zola> Squid ink? D:

  • Noren smiles

<Noren> yes, it's a seafood dish, with various types of fish including squid, all cooked in a sort of rice casserole.
<Zola> Well it certainly does sound like an adventure
<Noren> We could have some appetizers first, and then decide on the main course

  • Zola nods.
  • Noren will order an assortment of samplers then, so you can both try them out
  • Noren also orders a bottle of wine
  • Zola gleefully tries new things, and will eventually go with the terrifying squid rice for the sake of adventure and perhaps also to avoid learning of other new terrifying Plascencial foods
  • Zola is also no stranger to wine :3
  • Noren keeps your glass well-filled

<Zola> (So he was in the war yes? Presumably just coming back at the end?)
<Noren> (uhh... checking)
<Noren> (I think it was more like... he was doing law clerk-y stuff during the war. but like... military tribunals and such. so involved in the war, but not in fighting)
<Zola> (Gotcha)
<Zola> Were you in Psyra for much of the war?
<Zola> Or at all I suppose?
<Noren> Well, not right in the thick of things for the most part. But in the vicinity, yes.
<Zola> The advantage of having a profession.
<Noren> Yes... they try to keep the lawyers and judges and such out of the immediate line of fire.
<Zola> I thought about enlisting to perform...
<Noren> oh?
<Noren> as ... yourself, or...?
<Zola> I worried it would be too much to keep up, to keep under wraps, you know?

  • Noren nods

<Zola> As Mico.
<Zola> If I'm going to do it, might as well give them what they know, right? :)
<Noren> That might have been difficult, yes... although I'm sure you would have been a hit :)
<Zola> I did a few radio broadcasts instead, though I'm not sure how they went over :)
<Zola> My agent wasn't entirely thrilled at the idea of working for free, so he didn't get excited over them.
<Noren> Well... I certainly heard some.
<Zola> Though I suppose we have him to thank for running into each other at Bright's :)
<Noren> Yes... it was a lovely surprise to see you again

  • Noren adjusts his glasses as he smiles at you
  • Zola smiles and has another sip of her wine. "I am still not sold on the moustache, but everything else has been fun" :)
  • Noren chuckles

<Noren> If you don't like it, I'll shave it off. If... well, if you would like to see me again, that is.
<Zola> Ohh, I'm just kidding... what a wretch I'd be if I made you do that ... before the third date at least :)

  • Noren smiles

<Noren> I'll look forward to it, then.
<Zola> If you can wrest more time from your copyright dossiers :)
<Noren> I'm sure I can manage.
<Noren> It's well worth my while :)
<Noren> Did you want to head anywhere else, after dinner?
<Zola> What did you have in mind? :)
<Zola> Surely they have dessert here, and coffe too...

  • Zola feigns innocence.

<Noren> Oh, yes, of course they do...
<Noren> But if you want to go somewhere more comfortable, we could do that too.
<Zola> My place is pretty comfortable... you could meet Bastien :)
<Noren> I'd be delighted to meet him.

  • Zola grins

<Zola> Before we kick him out, at least
<Noren> oh... :)

  • Noren blushes adorably
  • Noren somehow is no longer in a mood for coffee and dessert ;)
  • Zola however, is a terrible monster and makes him sit through it anyhow
  • Noren can be patient :D
  • Noren might tip the cabdriver extra if he can get you two back to your place faster though ;)
  • Zola eventually lets herself be ushered out and back to her apartment which she has made sure is tidy for company :3

<Noren> this is a charming apartment :)
<Zola> That's monied talk for small, isn't it? :)
<Noren> No, I mean you really have done nice things with it :)

  • Noren will greet Bastien also
  • Zola has certainly mentioned Bastien in the past, though he'd have been with her aunt.
  • Zola brings him up for some affection with Noren before suggesting he go mousing so as not to stare and creep out Noren

<Noren> (Bastien will probably sniff a little, but do so)

  • Noren stands there a little uncertainly, absorbed with looking at photos or your shelves or what have you
  • Zola sighs.

<Zola> You know, what i'd like right now is a weak buttoned blouse so I could just fling it open and show you my appreciation for your gifts in all their glory

  • Noren smiles

<Zola> Unfortunately, this thing's a bit like a tube...
<Noren> can I help?
<Zola> I think that'd be best :)

  • Noren is glad to come over and assist you with de-tubing
  • Noren turns you around for a kiss after dealing with the zipper
  • Zola smiles through it, her hand at his hip.

<Noren> ... is the mustache really terrible?

  • Noren asks after drawing back slightly
  • Zola chuckles

<Zola> Just different :)

  • Zola gives it a little kiss one on each side to show there's no hard feelings
  • Noren smiles
  • Noren has a few hard feelings, but not mustache-related ;p
  • Zola is suitably scandalized
  • Zola spends lots of time reacquainting Noren with his thoughtful gifts

<Noren> . o O (Best investment ever)

  • Zola probably at some point gets a little teary eyed because of how nice they are

<Zola> (Er, like as a gift, not like "oh my boobs are so... great! ;_;")
<Noren> you're so beautiful :)

  • Noren has removed his glasses by this point, but is close enough that you think he still probably sees more than just a zola-shaped blur ;)