Ashnabis session 44

From RocksfallWiki
Ashnabis session logs
Previous Session 44 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: December 6, 2020
Fair Cycle date:

Introduction


<AshnabisGM> Jinush, or Yenu in the local reckoning, is the last month of the year, the end of what passes for winter in the Sestapor and the first deeply rainy month. The fall crop had better be all harvested now, or else it will soon be too soggy for fos to grow, never mind cereals and vegetables.
<AshnabisGM> Remembering this summer's drought, you occasionally remember a holy oath sworn never to complain about the damp, but that promise is too swiftly forgotten along the wet banks of the Kaskos in the rainy season.
<AshnabisGM> But soggy boots are the least of your problems; matters far more sticky are afoot in Kaskind. And extricating yourselves from these muddy situations will require more than brute strength and willpower...

Katenzhi receives a generous offer from Sulazh for their fos harvest


<AshnabisGM> Katenzhi, your recent conversations with Atsa Lerushti have left your dreams as fitful as your lover's visions, all fire and maidens and forgotten temples.
<AshnabisGM> It probably doesn't help that Oignestros has brought you a bounteous crop of the pale oracle, which you and Bivizmi are working to turn into a pale-white fos that you now are taking to market.
<AshnabisGM> You're dozing at home aboard the Menagerie one afternoon on a day off from the registry when you hear a call from the shore, in an older, patrician female voice.
* Katenzhi will grumble slightly and peek over the railing
<Sulazh> Yes, hello, proprietor? I seek the vessel Menagerie.
* Sulazh is a woman, perhaps in her fifties or sixties, dressed lavishly in a gown of heavy green and gold brocade, and her long black hair carefully ornamented with a headdress of green ornamental feathers.
* Katenzhi will stand up and look the woman over cautiously.
<AshnabisGM> She does seem vaguely familiar to you.
<Katenzhi> What for?
<Sulazh> I seek Katenzhi daughter of Romoga of the Lovresi. Are you she?
<Katenzhi> Who's asking?
* Sulazh frowns.
<Sulazh> I am Sulazh of the Ichos, Mother of the Sixth Dawn, Sister of the Ichonorga, Keeper of the Grey Candle.
* Sulazh says proudly.
<AshnabisGM> You do remember the name now - she has done business with your family before.
<Katenzhi> (Do the titles mean anything to me?)
<AshnabisGM> They do not.
<Katenzhi> You know Romoga?
<AshnabisGM> Other than that they are extremely fancy sounding and probably not how a normal human introduces herself.
<Sulazh> We have had business dealings. Are you Katenzhi?
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> What can I do for you?
<Sulazh> We have met before, once or twice. I'm afraid my eyes aren't what they used to be. I am here to conduct business.
<Sulazh> It has been some time. Your parents were always fair dealers with me, and I am hoping we can do the same.
<AshnabisGM> You ponder and remember the name, and after a moment, the face. Sulazh is an important noblewoman from Khutu who runs a major plantation outside the town, a worker of magic and a dabbler in experiments involving fos. She has done business with your family before, as she says.
<Katenzhi> Sulazh... I do remember that name. You're a manifest, right? I do remember you. Sorry, I have to be a bit cautious nowadays.
<Katenzhi> Please, come aboard.
<Sulazh> Ahh, where do I do that? Is there a walkway?
* Sulazh looks about.
<Sulazh> Oh, no matter.
<Katenzhi> (I assume there is one?)
* Sulazh takes some fos, waves her hand, and flies aboard.
* Katenzhi grins slightly.
<Katenzhi> You're very light on your feet.
<Sulazh> Ah, very humorous.
<Sulazh> I have come to conduct business with your enterprise. I understand that you have a product to sell that may be of some interest to broader markets.
<Katenzhi> I might. May I ask how you heard about it?
<Sulazh> There has been talk. Those of us who pursue knowledge of the Source are always attentive to such matters.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> I suppose that was bound to happen sooner or later
<Sulazh> You can't expect that such a thing would remain a secret.
<Katenzhi> We were hoping at least until we got it to market, but I suppose that was wishful thinking.
<Sulazh> Market is what exists when you have a buyer, in my experience.
<Katenzhi> Are you offering to be one?
<Sulazh> I would have thought that was evident, yes.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> Would you like some wine or something?
* Sulazh looks over the state of the Menagerie - how clean would it be at the moment?
<Katenzhi> (With all the rain, probably reasonably? although there might be some mud in places.)
<Sulazh> Ahh ... yes, I suppose, that would be fine.
* Katenzhi will get a couple of mugs and a bottle.
<Katenzhi> So... how much do you know about our product?
<Sulazh> I know that it is purported to be a potent in seeing the Unfolding of the world as it is, and that to come.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> More or less. It's very powerful for divination, but less useful for other workings. A niche item, but but very useful in the right hands.
* Sulazh nods.
<Katenzhi> What sort of volumes are you looking to purchase?
<Sulazh> Hmm. Tell me more about it. How did you learn about it? Are there other producers or sellers? Do the Osnabi locals use it?
<Katenzhi> We found it on an expedition near here. The locals do know about it, but they have been trying to keep it from being widely known. As far as I know we are the only producers of any real volume so far. But I imagine that won't be true next season if things go well.
* Sulazh nods.
<Sulazh> What are you calling it?
<Katenzhi> The locals call it The Pale Oracle. So far we haven't come up with anything much better.
* Sulazh considers that for a moment.
<Sulazh> Adequate, I suppose. We can always rename it later.
<Katenzhi> What do you propose?
<Sulazh> You and your partner appear to have lucked into quite a find, if one were to have the right buyer for your product. I would like to be that buyer.
<Sulazh> I will take whatever you have.
<Katenzhi> (How much do we have, after refining?)
<AshnabisGM> Well, you have quite a bit. Oignestros is very good. Probably your whole stock would sell locally for 500 horns - depending on how you price it.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> I think we can make a deal. I'll need to let my partner know, but it would be good to have something lined up already. Where do you plan to sell it?
<Sulazh> I would be taking it back to Khutu. The Imperium has a strong interest in these sorts of fos products.
<AshnabisGM> You're not quite sure who or what 'the Imperium' is, but then you're not up on politics.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Sulazh> How much do you have available, and at what price?
<Katenzhi> If we meet with my partner Bivizmi, we can all hash out the details, but I think this is the start of a good deal.
<Sulazh> I understand - but I wish to reach at least some sort of agreement today. Pending your partner's assent.
<Katenzhi> We have about (X amount). We were hoping to get 700 horns for it.
<Sulazh> Yes, that will be fine.
<Sulazh> Additionally, I would further like to purchase the rights to your fields and formula. My offer is five.
<Katenzhi> five hundred?
<Sulazh> Thousand.
<Katenzhi> ...
<Katenzhi> ...
* Sulazh says, perhaps a bit disdainfully.
<Katenzhi> ...
<Katenzhi> That... that would be... acceptable... I think.
* Sulazh nods.
<Katenzhi> I'll talk to Bivizmi about it tonight, then.
<Katenzhi> Where can I contact you?
<Sulazh> Send an envoy to my plantation. They will know where it is.
<Katenzhi> Alright. I'll send word as soon as I have a firm answer.
* Sulazh smiles.
<Sulazh> Very good. Oh, and how rude of me. Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. I am confident that this infusion of funds will make your new husband very pleased.
* Katenzhi narrows her eyes slightly.
<Katenzhi> Oh, I'm sure.
* Sulazh smiles.
<Sulazh> I look forward to your response.
<Katenzhi> I'll be in touch.
<Sulazh> Very well, I look forward to it.

Daifan and Balinteze share information and frogs' legs


<AshnabisNarrator> Daifan, you haven't seen as much of Balinteze in the past little while, as you've both been quite busy, but you are able to make plans to meet them for dinner after work one day.
* Balinteze will meet you at the row of vendors and market stalls that provide takeaway food for travelers and passers-by near the docks.
* Daifan smiles to see them
<Daifan> its been too long
* Balinteze gives you a hug
<Balinteze> It has... I hope you're doing okay?
* Daifan hugs back
<Daifan> yes... mostly just busy
<Daifan> you?
* Balinteze orders an assortment of fried frogs' legs coated with spicy sauce, and some flatbread for mopping up the sauce.
<Balinteze> Me? I'm starving, I feel like I've been running around all day.
* Daifan smiles
<Daifan> Kikhash has you running off your legs?
* Balinteze gestures with one of the frogs' legs for emphasis.
<Balinteze> Kikhash has been keeping me busy. He's always got plenty of things going on at the fort - they're busy planning what to do about the remains of the Cormorant Fleet, and dealing with the mystics at the Academy, and a dozen other things.
<Balinteze> Besides that, he's working on figuring out a way to deal with the problems upriver at the kelta. Since it seems unlikely they'll actually be able to catch Zefa committing a crime, he's trying to see if it's possible to remove her in another way.
* Daifan nods
<Balinteze> That sounds like he wants to have her murdered, which isn't what I meant... at least, I don't think.
* Daifan shrugs
<Balinteze> I mean to have her reassigned. That's the way envoys tend to do things - make it seem like everything is out in the open, just the usual course of business, not a personal grudge or a concern that one of their number is actively sabotaging peace efforts. All very neutral.
<Daifan> Mmhmm.
<Daifan> I know how that works
<Daifan> it's not just the envoy way, in Daligash
* Balinteze nods
<Balinteze> Of course, if he manages this, then they'll have to appoint someone else to run the kelta there. It couldn't be Kikhash himself because he's too busy with things at the fort - and besides, I think he would be seen as too political a choice.
<Balinteze> Jaigadu would be eminently qualified, of course, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in settling down - he likes to travel from place to place so he can be welcomed with open arms and celebrations wherever he goes. At least that's what Kikhash mutters to himself.
<Balinteze> What about your friend Junan, do you think he'd be interested? He's not as senior, maybe, but that could be a benefit in this case - he hasn't made as many enemies.
<Daifan> Mmm... how much work would it be?
<Daifan> Junan is good at these things, but he would much rather lay around in bed with a bottle of wine...
<Balinteze> I don't really know. I imagine he'd have to move out there, but I don't know if it's the kind of thing you have to be around for all the time. I mean, Zefa is doing it while she runs an inn as well.
<Daifan> I could see what he thinks?
<Balinteze> Well, I don't know if they're even considering him, but I wouldn't be surprised. It wouldn't be a bad idea for him to know that it might be an option, if he wants to put himself forward for it, anyway.
<Balinteze> If he's interested.
* Daifan nods
<Daifan> I'll see
<Daifan> He woudl know more about what it woudl take, I guess
<Daifan> He might like it better than trompig around the swamps
* Daifan smiles
* Balinteze chuckles at that.
<Daifan> It seems like a lot of peopel on my team are startig other things.... I don't know how long we'll se together
<Balinteze> What about you - do you have ideas of what you might do after this?
<Daifan> after?
<Daifan> I don't know.
<Daifan> I was very lucky to find the people I am working with - most of them
<Daifan> Llillilli talked about setting up her own surveyog business but I don't know if she was serious
<Daifan> I don't mind it - its beter than a lot of other work
* Balinteze nods
<Daifan> But something that didn't need me to go tromping through the swamps all the timr... has its appeal ;)
<Balinteze> Well... if you ever had to find another job, I might be able to put in a good word for you at the fort.
<Daifan> what kinds of jobs would they have, for me?
* Daifan frowns dubiously
<Balinteze> There's always work for servants, but it isn't necessarily like emptying chamber pots kind of servant work. Delivering messages, arranging meetings - there's a value to having people who know other aspects of the colony well, to know who's the right person to talk to about this issue or that.
* Daifan nods
<Balinteze> Especially if they can do it subtly and without attracting attention - envoys are not good at not attracting attention, just look at their hats ;)
* Daifan smiles at that
<Daifan> I willl... think about that
<Daifan> It would be useful I think, to now what sorts of things are happening at the fort... even just so Banei is not caught off guard
* Balinteze nods
* Daifan sighs
<Daifan> Oh there is... some less fun thngs I wanted to tell you also
<Balinteze> oh?
<Daifan> more about Galdai
* Daifan will explain the Baby Situation
<Balinteze> Ah... that seems shifty. Not illegal, or even something you could complain about to the church really? She would claim she's just being charitable and helping out some poor family, I'm sure. But definitely dubious.
<Daifan> I wish I knew what she was planning
<Daifan> It al feels very ominous
* Daifan considers
<Daifan> hmmm...
<Daifan> YOu know
<Daifan> Maybe it is possible to find out
<Balinteze> oh?
<Daifan> I could ask Spoons and the others to help
<Daifan> maybe use some of that new fox that Kathenzhi is working on
<Daifan> to see if we can divine something of her plans...
<Balinteze> hm... that's an interesting idea.
<Balinteze> It might be worth a try, at least?
<Balinteze> If it doesn't work, you're no worse off than before.
* Daifan nods
<Daifan> I'll talk to them and see.
* Balinteze nods
<Daifan> It won't be proof, in any way that counts
<Daifan> but I'll know what we are up against
* Daifan smiles
<Daifan> See, jusy hanging around you makes me more clever
<Daifan> I shoul do it more :3
<Balinteze> Do you think she's going to leave the baby with them for a year or more? That seems risky, whatever her plan is. Not least because, she's old and might not live another year :p
<Daifan> I wonder - because she is planning for her granddaighter to care for this baby....
<Daifan> if that is part of her plan.
<Daifan> she is keeping her available for this purpose
<Daifan> but why would she plan for somethig that hapens after her own death?
<Balinteze> Babies are a lot of work, so I guess maybe she's just trying to outsource the nursing and diaper changing and so on. but it feels off to me.
<Daifan> yes, but in the meeeting we had with her, that is what sshe said - that after she dies her granddaughter woudl raise the baby
* Balinteze nods, considering
<Balinteze> People plan for things after their own deaths a lot. To make sure that their family business or their estate is looked after the way they would have wanted - to make sure their family is taken care of - things like that. But Galdai doesn't seem motivated by things like that.
<Daifan> yes
<Daifan> and this is not her child in any way that matters. Does she just want to ruin Zefa's life?
<Balinteze> (I think you mean Ziftu? her granddaughter?)
<Daifan> (yes)
<Balinteze> (kk, just being sure :)
<Daifan> Maybe she is that petty, but this is very convoluted.
<Balinteze> I don't know if she wants to ruin her life, or just doesn't care if it's ruined as a side effect of whatever she's actually doing. The whispers back home are that she's losing it - that she's gone off into the swamp because she's crazy. I don't think that's quite right either.
<Balinteze> Mind you, she might be. But I don't think that's the whole story :p
<Daifan> no
<Daifan> there is part of me that thinks... why shoudl this matter to me now?
<Daifan> But it does. I don't feel like our people are safe.
* Balinteze nods
<Balinteze> She went through a great deal of effort to get them, and it seems unlikely she'd just give up that easily.
<Daifan> mmhmm
<Daifan> well... I will talk to spoons
<Daifan> for now, I am going to steal one of your spicy frog legs, and we can have a nice walk and not thinks about her any more :3
<Balinteze> Okay :)

Veznara and Ikhavor speak to Voice Tegus, which doesn't go well


<AshnabisNarrator> Veznara, after your return from the Auggi, you fully expect to face some repercussions from the Voice, given how angry Voice Witis was at your intrusion. But none is immediately forthcoming - maybe the word hasn't reached the Voice temple here yet, or perhaps they are not as upset about it as Witis was.
<AshnabisNarrator> You are working on copying some texts at the temple when Ikhavor peers around the door, and smiles to see you there.
* Balinteze is now known as Ikhavor
<Ikhavor> Hand Veznara, it's good to see you. How are you doing?
<Veznara> Oh, hello! I'm well, thank you. How are you, Stoneguard Ikhavor?
<Ikhavor> I'm well, thank you.
<Ikhavor> I heard you were out at the Auggi again, so soon after your last visit?
<Veznara> Please, come in! Yes, I was sent there to help rebuild the temple after a storm had damaged it.
* Veznara ushers her in, quietly looking around to make sure they're alone.
* Ikhavor steps inside, taking a seat on a bench near the window.
<Veznara> There was, ah, an incident...
* Veznara says quietly
<Ikhavor> What happened? :o
<Veznara> I'm afraid I managed to get Voice Bitsaar in some trouble. Or so it seemed, at the time - I haven't heard anything more about it since.
<Veznara> In any case, I have learned something new.
<Veznara> Does the name Ruzuldaar mean anything to you?
* Ikhavor shakes her head.
<Ikhavor> Ruzuldaar is a strange name - I don't even think that's Aummesh. But it kind of sounds like Rushultagri... could it be related?
<Veznara> Yes, it very well could.
<Veznara> Have you ever heard of Izhozh of the Rodimulba?
<Ikhavor> It doesn't sound familiar, no.
<Veznara> Well, apparently Ruzuldaar is the name of a specific Ancestor who was revered in this area.
* Ikhavor listens with increasing interest to your account of events.
<Veznara> Izhozh was a stoneguard who served here, and found out about this.. focus of reverence, I suppose.
<Ikhavor> How did you learn this?
<Veznara> From Izhozh himself.
* Veznara says simply
* Ikhavor frowns
<Ikhavor> Voice Bitsaar allowed you to question him?
* Veznara nods
<Veznara> I fear it was a transgression.
<Veznara> And yet...
<Ikhavor> Yes. It wasn't proper for you to question one of the ancestors like this... but it sounds like they gave valuable information.
* Ikhavor sighs heavily.
<Veznara> You haven't heard anything about this at the Temple here?
<Ikhavor> Here? No. But the Voice are going to be angry, I suspect, if they hear about this.
<Veznara> Yes. I hope I can trust you not to tell them. :/
<Ikhavor> Did he tell you anything else of interest?
<Veznara> Well, we were interrupted before he could make it clear... but I gather that they took this Ancestor away. And *that
* may have been the trigger of events that led to violence and death... which I think we already know something about. :/
<Ikhavor> So... this must be the remains of one of the stoneguards who were looking for Rushultagri?
* Veznara nods
<Veznara> I think so.
<Ikhavor> Were there others there as well?
<Veznara> Yes. There was no opportunity to speak to them, unfortunately.
* Ikhavor nods.
<Ikhavor> I understand why you did it - I might have been tempted to do it myself too, if I'd had the opportunity. Of course, as a stoneguard myself, it's more proper that I would consult members of my own order... but I won't tell the Voice of what you did.
<Veznara> Thank you.
<Ikhavor> When you say you got Voice Bitsaar in trouble - do you mean that Voice Witis found out what had happened?
<Veznara> Yes, he was the one who interrupted. I'm a bit surprised that there don't seem to have been any repercussions so far... it seems that Voice Witis decided not to report it, perhaps?
<Veznara> Well, no repercussions here, for me, as yet. :/
<Ikhavor> I'm not sure. Maybe he did, but those he reported it to haven't acted on it - or at least not yet.
<Veznara> That is disturbing in its own way.
<Ikhavor> If you think about it, Voice Witis obviously knew about what was in there, or he wouldn't have been so cross to discover you and Bitsaar...
<Ikhavor> And if he knows the truth about what happened to those stoneguards long ago, and what they found, that might mean other Voice priests know more than they're letting on as well.
<Veznara> Yes. I'm afraid so.
<Ikhavor> Maybe Voice Tegus knows something... he might be more willing to talk to us?
<Ikhavor> But it would mean telling him what you did.
<Veznara> Do you really think he would?
<Veznara> It seems to me that he does not want anyone to know about this.
<Ikhavor> I don't know. I'm not really even sure what they know - maybe it truly is a secret that the priests of the Auggi have kept to themselves for all this time.
<Veznara> There was one ossuary there... a very old one, decorated differently from the others in the room.
<Ikhavor> It would be a risk, and the risk would mainly fall on you, so it would be your choice.
<Ikhavor> differently how?
<Veznara> For one thing, it was made of marble rather than slate. And the decorations on it were floral, with carved leaves, and flowers... and fruit.
<Ikhavor> Unusual...
<Ikhavor> In a way it's a shame you didn't go to the fancy tomb first - who knows what you might have found there? Now it's probably too late, of course.
<Veznara> yes I suppose you might have a right to ask to speak to them... but at the very least that would draw more attention, even if Voice Witis consented. Which seems... well. He wouldn't be eager about it, to be sure.
<Ikhavor> I think trying to do so, at this point anyway, would be met with strong resistance.
<Veznara> I'm afraid so. I hope I haven't botched things completely.
<Veznara> As for speaking to Voice Tegus... I don't know.
<Veznara> Perhaps.
<Veznara> I have heard that he is a good man.
<Ikhavor> I think he is. I also think he responds well to honesty - he would not take kindly to being deceived or lied to.
* Veznara nods
<Veznara> If there is something being covered up here, I am sure he feels conflicted about it.
* Ikhavor nods
<Veznara> Though that would mean he did mislead me.
<Veznara> Understandably, I suppose.
<Ikhavor> If you want to go and speak to him, I'd be willing to accompany you.
<Veznara> Thank you.
<Veznara> Perhaps that *would* be the best course.
<Ikhavor> Very well.
<AshnabisNarrator> You and Ikhavor can make your way to the Voice temple to talk with Tegus, then.
* Bivizmi is now known as Tegus
<Tegus> Ah, Hand Veznara, Ikhavor. A pleasure to see you.
<Veznara> And you as well, Voice Tegus. I wonder if I might have a word with you?
* Ikhavor bows respectfully.
<Tegus> Yes, of course.
* Tegus says neutrally.
* Veznara accompanies him to somewhere they can speak privately.
<Tegus> How can I help you?
<Veznara> I must ask for your pardon, Voice Tegus. I have committed a transgression.
<Tegus> All ... right.
* Tegus asks, somewhat in confusion.
<Veznara> You may know that I recently had occasion to go to the temple at Auggi, to help reconstruction there after a storm had damaged an old part of the structure.
<Tegus> Yes...
* Tegus 's eyes narrow.
<Veznara> While there, I was fascinated with the history of the place. In my eagerness to learn more, I... fear I overstepped.
<Tegus> In what way?
<Veznara> I persuaded the younger acolyte there to permit me to consult Ancestors who were not my own.
<Tegus> I see. Which Ancestors?
<Veznara> A Stoneguard, one Izhozh of the Rodimulba.
<Veznara> I have confessed this to Stoneguard Ikhavor, and now I confess it to you.
* Tegus frowns.
<Tegus> I see.
<Tegus> And what questions did you ask of this Ancestor, and what did you learn?
<Veznara> I expect you remember my last visit, and what we discussed then. It seemed to be related.
<Tegus> I do.
<Veznara> There was a name, Ruzuldaar...
* Tegus frowns.
<Tegus> What about the name?
<Veznara> It was the name of an Ancestor here who was particularly revered. And it seems there was a conflict over it.
<Veznara> Voice Tegus... I fear I have stumbled upon something that is.. tricky. And I'm not sure what I should do.
<Tegus> You could always forget that you ever saw or learned anything, and never speak of it again.
* Tegus says firmly and pointedly.
<Veznara> I have not, other than here. Is that your advice, then?
<Tegus> It would be wisest, don't you think? For a promising young Hand with a bright career potentially ahead of her?
<Veznara> Is that what the *Ancestors* would want, Voice Tegus?
<Tegus> As you know, our joint Body of Hand and Voice divides our mandate. And it is not the mandate of your Order to make such decisions.
<Veznara> I do not want to cause trouble, nor to harm the corps.
<Tegus> Indeed.
* Tegus says, sounding unconvinced.
<Veznara> But I don't understand what is at stake. Will you not help me, give me at least some idea?
<Ikhavor> Voice Tegus, if I may speak on behalf of the Stoneguards for a moment...
* Tegus turns to Ikhavor.
<Tegus> You may speak.
<Ikhavor> If members of our order are, or were, involved in this matter, do we who are let living not have a responsibility to hear their words and understand what happened?
<Ikhavor> (yet living, that should be)
<Tegus> What makes you suppose that we of the Voice have not already heard their words? This Stoneguard has been safely in the temple at the Auggi for a very long time.
<Tegus> What Hand Veznara is asking is that she, specifically, has some right to hear those words and have that understanding.
<Ikhavor> I don't doubt that you have. But as a Stoneguard, I feel a responsibility to my predecessors.
<Ikhavor> What Hand Veznara did was wrong, and she has acknowledged that. But does that mean that no one, even those who have the right, can speak with these ancestors?
<Tegus> I understand. Those of us, all of us, come anew to this land, see where our Ancestors have lay long forgotten to us - though not to the Voice, not to those like Witis, who have always been here.
<Tegus> We aim to understand, to know those ancient times, to know what connects us to this place, where our Ancestors abandoned their military campaign centuries ago, leaving those who are now the Aummesh as their descendants.
* Veznara nods
<Tegus> If you and I would speak of this, some other time, perhaps. But Hand Veznara, hear this now. I respect that you have confessed this transgression. But your punishment for it shall be straightforward. I forbid you from speaking to, or working with others to speak to, any Ancestor not your own, in all of Ashnabis.
<Tegus> And should you violate that, then, Hand Dezmali will be brought into this matter. And I guarantee you, she will not be so kind as I have been today.
* Veznara nods
<Veznara> Will I be able to mitigate this punishment, if I earn it in your eyes/
<Tegus> Not today.
<Tegus> I have seen enough of you for today.
* Tegus says, still neutral in tone.
<Veznara> Perhaps another time, then.
* Veznara bows her head, and prepares to leave
* Ikhavor will also bow and depart.
* Veznara breathes out when they're away
<Veznara> Well. :/
<Ikhavor> I'm sorry that didn't go better. I thought he would be more understanding.
<Veznara> Did I approach it badly?
<Veznara> I mean, it wasn't a good situation to begin with, but maybe I should have broached it differently...
<Ikhavor> I don't know what could have been a better way to approach it, but I'm not an expert at diplomacy...
<Veznara> I'm not either, evidently. :/
<Ikhavor> But it seems odd that he wouldn't just go right to Dezmali if he feels that strongly about it. Why keep that back as a further punishment?
<Veznara> That only makes me think it must be truly important. Something they would go to tremendous lengths to continue to conceal.
<Ikhavor> Yes but - conceal from who? If he took it to Dezmali, he'd need to explain it to her. Maybe he is reluctant to do that.
<Veznara> Perhaps it *would
* be best to forget all about it...
* Veznara says, not at all convinced or convincingly
<Ikhavor> I'll give it some time and try to follow up with him later. He did seem amenable to that, maybe.
<Veznara> If you think so. It did occur to me that it might be the Stoneguards most of all that he wants to conceal it from... I'd be careful.
<Ikhavor> For now, maybe it's best to let it lie for a while.
* Veznara nods
<Veznara> Yes. For a while.
* Ikhavor nods and will take her leave.
<Veznara> I do want to do some research, first... if we can both wait?

Llillilli speaks at Liwhis' trial before King Whuthe


<AshnabisGM> Lllillilli, last night, you and Thelef packed hastily and made your way to Sulise, heading out this morning for the short trip overland and then even shorter by sea. You're just approaching now, the great lithus and coral arches at the east edge of the royal settlement in the shallows before you.
<AshnabisGM> Here your task is ostensibly simple: to defend Liwhis on the basis of your knowledge of his actions when Pfaeshes was overtaken by Yeggun Shotser and the Cormorant Fleet.
<AshnabisGM> But, as with any matter of the People, you suspect that there is much more going on here. The fate of one huwhi is clearly entangled with the complex politics between the king, the humans under their protection, and the solars, some of whom clearly work against the royal will.
* Ikhavor is now known as Thelef
<AshnabisGM> Thelef, being of the lethillae grade and one of the royal advisors, is immediately greeted with esteem by the thorns guarding the east gates. More surprising, perhaps, is the great deference shown to you - though whether that is because you are selleluf, or because you are Thelef's wife, you cannot say.
<AshnabisGM> You go to Thelef's chambers, where you have stayed before, to await your opportunity to speak.
* Llillilli looks for the pfethes behind the smiles :p
<AshnabisGM> (and can talk to Thelef for a few, if you want to)
<Llillilli> Well. At least people aren't openly hostile yet.
* Thelef nods.
<Thelef> I should try to talk to King Whuthe before the trial, if I can.
* Llillilli nods.
<Thelef> How are you holding up?
<Llillilli> Fine.
* Thelef nods
<Llillilli> ¬_¬
<Thelef> Not everyone here is against us.
* Thelef says by way of reassurance.
<Llillilli> We'll see.
* Llillilli sits down.
<Llillilli> I can wait while you go to the king. I don't have any friends here.
* Thelef sits with you, putting his hand on your shoulder for comfort and encouragement.
<Thelef> You have me.
* Llillilli snorts, but grins anyway.
* Llillilli leans against you.
* Thelef puts his arm around you.
<Llillilli> You should to see Whuthe.. Liwhis needs every chance.
<Thelef> I know this is difficult. I hope that we can resolve things for Liwhis in the best way possible.
<Llillilli> Poor Liwhis.
<Llillilli> It will never be the same for him.
<Thelef> His life, his plans, all of that was already upended. I can't imagine how he must be feeling now.
* Thelef sighs.
<Thelef> I'll go try to talk to the king. Wish me luck.
<Llillilli> GOod luck... I hope you will not need it but I expect that you will.
* Thelef will leave, after giving you another hug.
<AshnabisGM> It's quiet without Thelef ... but uninterrupted.
* Thelef returns a while later.
* Llillilli stands up as you come in.
<Thelef> Well... I did get to talk to King Whuthe. Liwhis is going to have a public tribunal, led by the king themself.
<Llillilli> (what kind of expression does he have, etc?)
* Thelef seems a bit concerned, but not totally discouraged.
<Llillilli> HOw was it?
<Thelef> I think the king is taking this quite seriously. I hope that means it will be a chance to bring some of these issues out into the open - the way the solars regard us, for instance.
<Llillilli> Seriously how?
<Thelef> Well... I think they are aware of the, hm... what should I say... the gravity of the charges against Liwhis, but also that this is something at least some of the solars have been hoping to provoke for some time.
<Thelef> They can't simply dismiss it, or the solars would be outraged. But by holding a public tribunal, it gives various people a chance to speak - including you, for instance - and show all sides of the matter.
<Llillilli> I hope it will make a difference.
<Thelef> You'll be asked to speak about Liwhis's behaviour and actions during the occupation of Pfaeshes.
<Thelef> And of course of any other matters you might be asked about, but I think that will be the main area where they will want your opinion of the matter.
* Llillilli nods.
<Llillilli> When will this be happening?
<Llillilli> How soon?
<Thelef> In a few hours' time, now that we have arrived.
<Llillilli> GOod. I don't like waiting.
<AshnabisGM> You wait, and indeed, in due time, two young thorns come to escort you to the tribunal.
<AshnabisGM> You are escorted into a large oval chamber of lithus and stone, very old and very deep, lit by orbs hanging high above you. Dozens of hith are clustered into the room. You, Thelef, and Liwhis are the only humans, though whether the other huwhi of the community were disinvited or simply stayed away, you do not know.
<AshnabisGM> King Whuthe sits upon a high pedestal at the north end of the chamber, ostensibly neutral as final arbiter of this matter. They see you, and you think what passes for a half-smile crosses their lips as their tongue extends in and out rapidly just once, barely visible from this distance.
<AshnabisGM> Seated at the center of the room is Liwhis himself, upon a stool carved from the sea floor itself. He appears unharmed.
<AshnabisGM> Around his wrists is a band of twisted thin, blue-green seaweed, as if to bind him firmly, though you have no doubt he could sunder it if he wanted.
<AshnabisGM> He sees you enter, and smiles briefly, but even your arrival cannot bring him much joy.
* Llillilli tries to give him an encouraging look
<AshnabisGM> At the east end of the chamber, the narrow end of the oval is filled with solars of various rank. You see Fellis, head of the solars here in Sulise, in their splendor, standing next to Thethu, Liwhis' victim.
<Whuthe> We are summoned here today to adjudicate the matter of Liwhis and Thethu, a dispute of physical violence. As your king it is my privilege to speak on this matter of justice.
* Whuthe waves their arms across the room in recognition of the gathered crowd.
<Whuthe> All here are sworn to be bound by my judgement and to respect the authority of this tribunal. What is said here cannot be unsaid, under sunlight or stars.
<Whuthe> Liwhis, of the whesef grade, you have claimed to me that your actions were provoked, and that you should not be held accountable. We will see now if this is so. Let us commence.
* Fellis is adorned in a grey-green mantle that matches their green, grey, and gold crest.
* Fellis quirks their head in perhaps a gesture of surprise upon seeing you here, but then returns their attention to the proceedings.
<AshnabisGM> The proceeding is complex, made moreso by the archaic Hithaeli used in some of the procedures. It is not like the workings of human reckoners, in which questions are asked and answered.
<AshnabisGM> Rather, it is more like a song in which the claims are advanced and refuted, witnesses summoned under a spotlight to incant their minor recitatives, then fall back into shadow.
<AshnabisGM> Throughout it all, Liwhis is enjoined to silence. His chance for rejoinder comes only at the very end, once all others have had their say.
<AshnabisGM> Finally, after an interminable length, it seems, you are called forth. "The selleluf Llillilli, huwhi of Kaskind, is summoned to the light. They will speak to the actions of the accused at Pfaeshes."
* Llillilli steps into the light as directed.
* Whuthe extends their hand in your direction as greeting.
<Whuthe> Lllillilli, you are recognized by our justice.
<Whuthe> Sing now your song, of what happened at Pfaeshes, and the actions of Liwhis for or against the People there.
<Llillilli> Thank you your majesty.
<Llillilli> My associates and I came to Pfaeshes during the occupation by the Cormorant pirates, to bring aid to those who had been left behind.
<Llillilli> We found the town being terrorized. The hifishae, abandoned, had been destroyed by the pirates. Many eggs, many hifis, were left behind to die.
<Llillilli> We spoke to the Heptachei lineage, Liwhis' family there. Their patriarch, a great friend of the People, so I had been told, had been taken hostage and much abused by Yeggun.
<Llillilli> LIwhis himself had been engaging in sabotage and other acts of warfare against the occupiers.
<Llillilli> When we arrived he had been caught by the pirates and chained up outside like an animal, left outside for all to abuse.
<Llillilli> We took him from that place, barely alive.
<Llillilli> I find the very idea that he would collaborate with the Cormorant ridiculous. It's an insult to the intelligence of anyone who hears it.
<Llillilli> He has dedicated his whole life to the People, lived among you as a foster.
<Llillilli> This is nonsense, offensive nonsense.
<Llillilli> That's all I have to say.
* Llillilli crosses her arms.
* Whuthe raises their arms towards you, a gesture of inquiry.
<Whuthe> Have you ever heard Liwhis speak ill of any of the People?
<Llillilli> Never.
<Whuthe> And have you ever seen Liwhis take any action against the people, in Pfaeshes or elsewhere?
* Llillilli snorts.
<Llillilli> Of course not.
<Whuthe> And have you yourself ever spoken such words, or taken such actions?
<Llillilli> I have spoken words in anger.
* Llillilli says after a delay.
<Whuthe> Thank you. You may step away from the light.
<Llillilli> ...
* Llillilli does so
<AshnabisGM> The remainder of the tribunal proceeds, more or less as you might expect.
<AshnabisGM> Liwhis can hardly deny that he struck Thethu, but in his final statement pleas for understanding at how angry he was, how insulted, at having been so accused.
<AshnabisGM> He steps back and awaits the king's justice.
<Llillilli> (can I roll Sm to try and get a read on the room?)
<AshnabisGM> (sure)
<Llillilli> !roll 1d20+8
* Lan-werk rolls for Llillilli: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 16 ].
* Daifan rolls for Llillilli: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 26 ].
<Llillilli> (can I have Daifan's roll :p)
<AshnabisGM> (it's a bit hard to say, really, not having been at one of these before. It's sombre, and it's clear that the solars, at least, wish to see Liwhis punished severely. The king's mood is impenetrable.)
<Llillilli> (is there anyone besides us who seems sympathetic)
<AshnabisGM> Yes, you think so. You think that many of the hith here who are not solars do have some sympathy, but whether that sympathy extends all the way to 'let him go', you can't say. Maybe it's the sympathy of 'I'm sure glad I wasn't the one they provoked.'
<Llillilli> (kk)
<AshnabisGM> There is a saying among the People, 'May shadow keep my heart's rage secret from the sun.' They may simply be grateful they didn't get caught saying or doing nasty things to the solars.
<AshnabisGM> After a time of consideration, the King speaks:
<Whuthe> Liwhis, of the whesef grade, huwhi of Pfaeshes, you are found responsible of the violence against honored Thethu, solar of the whesef grade.
<Whuthe> To strike a solar is to strike at the sun itself. When our grandmothers were still unhatched, the punishment was to be burnt by Sellu's focus at dawn. This would be a just punishment for your crime.
* Llillilli draws in a breath sharply, scowling
<AshnabisGM> A grim hush falls over the crowd.
<Whuthe> But I am also moved by the testimony of others, that you acquitted yourself admirably during the recent incursion of the hairspawn into our royal lands at Pfaeshes. As the grandspawn of my own trusted friend Sileshu, I doubt this not. You are a fool, but you are no traitor.
<Whuthe> I therefore commute your sentence of death.
<Whuthe> In its stead, I hereby banish you from all the lands of the People where my word holds as law, until such time as you earn the grade of lethillae. Be that one year or your full natural life, you shall not swim in these waters again until that time.
<Whuthe> This is my word.
* Llillilli cringes and looks at Liwhis.
<AshnabisGM> As the crowd is full of murmurs and whispers, Fellis moves forward from among their gathered throng of solars.
<Fellis> Your Majesty, thank you for your gracious and temperate will, sparing the life of this errant youth. May they learn some dignity in their time afield.
<Fellis> It is, of course, your place to govern land and sea, the boundaries in between, and that which grows and swims within.
<Fellis> So, too, is it mine to govern the sun, the shadows, and all that are infused with Sellu's spirit. And what we have seen today is that we have taken too many risks, and a shadow has come upon your kingdom.
<Llillilli> . o O (you piece of shit)
<Fellis> It shall thus be so, in all the sunbeams and shadows of Sulise, that no longer shall the pfullaes be permitted outside the People.
<Fellis> Huwhi can be our friends, but from this day forward, I and my acolytes no more shall allow them the mantle of age. Neither stripes nor gold nor crest will we bestow. Their infancy shall be the consequence.
* Whuthe is inscrutable.
<Whuthe> So it may be.
<Whuthe> This tribunal is ended.
* Whuthe says, with a dismissive gesture.
* Llillilli thins her lips, her hands balled into tight fists at her sides.
* Thelef will go forward to Liwhis and carefully untie the bonds around his hands.
<Thelef> Come - we will take you to safe harbour.
* Fellis is now known as Liwhis
<Liwhis> Thank you ... thank you.
* Liwhis says, still somewhat stunned by all of this.
<Llillilli>
<m> such haeful people.
<Llillilli> Let's get out of here.
<Thelef> We'll find a solution. For now, we'll take you to Kaskind.
<Llillilli> We will take care of you, brother.

Solos

Katenzhi tells Bivizmi about Sulazh's offer


* Katenzhi will go immediately to Bivizmi after her meeting with Sulazh.
<Bivizmi> Oh, hey.
* Bivizmi is at the family shop. She seems a bit tired, but otherwise well.
<Katenzhi> You are not gonna believe what just happened!
<Bivizmi> Oh? What?
<Katenzhi> So an old business partner of my parents approached me today. She's interested in buying up our whole stock to take to market. She didn't even blink when I asked for seven hundred horns.
<Bivizmi> All of it?
<Katenzhi> All of it.
<Katenzhi> And that's not all.
<Katenzhi> She wants to buy the fields too. And our process. She offered us five THOUSAND horns for everything.
<Bivizmi> Five thou ... sand? Whoa! ... wait ... who is this person?
<Katenzhi> Like I said, she used to do business with my parents. She's a manifest. Owns a plantation on the outskirts of town. Sulazh Ichos.
<Katenzhi> She's crazy rich, apparently
<Katenzhi> And possibly crazy crazy too.
<Bivizmi> Oh, I know who that is! She does her own business, sends it back home to Khutu. She is crazy rich.
<Katenzhi> She said something about sending it to the "Imperium". I don't know what that is, but she kinda made it sound like some kind of manifest organization.
* Bivizmi nods.
<Bivizmi> It's not that.
<Katenzhi> You know it?
<Bivizmi> I don't understand it all, but I know a little bit.
<Katenzhi> What do you know?
<Bivizmi> It's what they call the sainted Emperor, Eluli Ula, in Khutu, and his group of noble advisors.
<Bivizmi> I think that Sulazh has a brother or uncle or something who is one of them. A member of the Imperium.
<Katenzhi> Oh. Oooooooooh...
<Bivizmi> So she is going to take it back to the Emperor ... and put it under his control.
<Bivizmi> I mean, to *their
* Emperor. There is no *the
* Emperor anymore
<Katenzhi> Is that... bad? I'm not much for politics.
<Bivizmi> Well ... I don't think it's bad for us really. I mean, money is money.
<Katenzhi> I mean... I guess. It means we sell out and hopefully get these cultists off our back and on hers.
<Bivizmi> Did you ... tell her about the cult?
<Katenzhi> No. I Kinda feel like we should, but... man, I don't know.
<AshnabisGM> (also, how much would you have told Bivizmi about the stuff you learned from Atsa last time?)
<Katenzhi> (All of it. No reason not to)
<AshnabisGM> (ok)
<Bivizmi> I mean ... if we tell her, it could kill the deal, or reduce the price.
<Katenzhi> Yeah... but if we don't they could kill her.
* Katenzhi sighs.
<Bivizmi> I mean, if they kill the sister of a saint's chosen councillor, don't they get what they deserve?
<Bivizmi> I guess we don't want to see an army of Khutuans bent on revenge traipsing through the persimmon trees.
<Katenzhi> She does seem like she can handle herself.
<Katenzhi> And honestly, if it keeps you safe...
<Bivizmi> I'm not worried about that. I mean ... not really.
<Katenzhi> I am.
<Katenzhi> It's the only thing I worry about.
<Bivizmi> But also ... this is our thing. We did it. We made a new kind of fos. I want to get credit for it. This is my thing, you know?
<Bivizmi> Our thing.
<Katenzhi> But isn't this what we wanted? You could build your own workshop with that kind of money.
<Bivizmi> Sure ... and I mean, it's good money. But what if this turns out to be really important? Maybe five thousand isn't enough.
<Katenzhi> Biv, that's more money than you or will see in years. If we sell it ourselves we probably wouldn't make near that for a long time...
<Bivizmi> Sure, I mean, I get that. And we wouldn't have done nearly as well as we did without Oignestros, this season.
<Katenzhi> Yeah, and who knows how long he's going to stick around.
<Katenzhi> Just think, you could have your own shop independent of your family. I could buy my own boat...
<Bivizmi> But still ... this is a thing we did. Not just to sell it, but because we are partners. Making something incredible. You don't just find a new kind of fos every week.
* Katenzhi sighs.
<Bivizmi> I guess I had dreamed of being the sole purveyor of the Pale Oracle to all the lands ... you know?
<Katenzhi> Even if we kept it, how long would we be the only sellers? One season? Two?
<Katenzhi> People already know about it. Sulazh knew.
<Bivizmi> Sure, but we would be the first, and the best. The ones who get remembered and noticed.
<Bivizmi> It's not just about the money - it's about the reputation.
<Katenzhi> Is being noticed worth dying?
<Katenzhi> ...again?
<Bivizmi> ... maybe?
* Katenzhi stares at her, dumbfounded.
<Bivizmi> It might be worth the risk of dying. Not actually dying.
<Katenzhi> ...and if you die... what about me?
<Katenzhi> I can't go through that... not again.
* Bivizmi shifts uncomfortably, without responding.
<Katenzhi> You may not care if you live or die, but I do.
<Bivizmi> I don't want to die. But more than that, I don't want to die forgotten.
<Bivizmi> You don't know what it's like, to have all these brothers and cousins and everyone, who gets praised, and you're here, the little baby, always protected.
<Bivizmi> And I'm the best! The best of all of them! And they know that!
<Katenzhi> Biv, you're a genius. Everyone knows you're the best. There will be other chances.
<Katenzhi> But I can't go on not knowing when someone is going to come along and... I can't live like that.
<Bivizmi> How do you think I felt when you got sent off into the middle of a war with pirates?
<Katenzhi> I... I didn't know you were worried.
<Bivizmi> I didn't know I should be worried until I realized what they had sent you into.
<Bivizmi> But now, every time the Fort sends you off somewhere, I'm thinking, I wonder what they're setting Kat up for this time.
<Katenzhi> Then I'll quit. If this deal goes through I won't need the money anymore.
<Bivizmi> That's not ... that's not what I want.
<Katenzhi> You want to be remembered.
<Bivizmi> Because I get it, you have your family, and it sounds like it's fun to get out and see the colony, and let's face it, we wouldn't be in business if you hadn't been sent out in the first place.
<Katenzhi> Then what do you want?
<Bivizmi> I don't know. I need to think more. But for the record, I think if she's offering five thousand, we should ask for at least ten. Because I think what we're doing here, what we're on the cusp of, could be around for a long time. They could write about us in books.
<Katenzhi> Yeah...
<Katenzhi> I can't read.
* Bivizmi sighs.
<Katenzhi> Think about it.
<Bivizmi> I will.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> I just want what's best for us. Both of us.
<Bivizmi> I know.
<Katenzhi> I'll put her off on an answer for now. In the meantime I'll talk to my friends about the cult. It's a longshot, but maybe if we can neutralize them...
* Bivizmi nods.
<Bivizmi> Yeah. They need to know too, because they are involved, even if not in the same way as us.
* Katenzhi nods.
<Katenzhi> I'll let you know what they say.
<Bivizmi> All right.
* Katenzhi will take her hand and step close to her.
<Katenzhi> I love you.
<Bivizmi> I love you too.

Daifan asks Katenzhi about getting some fos


* Daifan will try and catch Kat at the ship some evening
<Katenzhi> (We can say the evening after the previous scene)
<Daifan> (sure :)
* Katenzhi will be on deck, pacing around and trying to work but looking preocupied..
* Daifan waves up
* Katenzhi glances over and waves back
<Daifan> Can I come aboard?
<Katenzhi> Hey! I'm glad to see you. Come on board.
* Daifan hold up the bottle
<Katenzhi> Doubly glad.
* Daifan smiles and will board
<Daifan> I admit, I botught it as a bribe
<Daifan> I dnd't think you would mind
<Daifan> are you busy?
<Katenzhi> I accept any and all donations.
<Katenzhi> In general, busier than I have any right to be, but at the moment, no. What's up?
<Daifan> I wanted to ask you about that new fos you were working on marketing
* Katenzhi groans slightly.
<Katenzhi> That shit has been so much more trouble than it's worth.
<Katenzhi> What about it?
<Daifan> no?
<Daifan> NOt going so well?
<Daifan> well... I would like to get some, if I can
<Katenzhi> It's kind of going too well.
<Katenzhi> What do you need it for? And how much?
<Daifan> for divinationmagic
<Daifan> and I'm not sure - I want to have the other folfi help me
<Daifan> so everyone should have a little
<Katenzhi> How many are there?
* Daifan will give you an approximate number
<Katenzhi> I can arrange that, assuming it's not a gigantic spell. But on those same lines, there's something you need to know about that stuff.
<Daifan> oh?
* Daifan will find a place to sit and two clean-ish cups for some wine
<Katenzhi> Apparently, the people who live near where we found it are part of some cult called the Maiden's voice. They use the stuff in their rituals and they are absolutely obsessed with keeping outsiders from getting it. Most of them are from the Sashnir clan. They're the ones who worship the persimmons and they're why we keep finding those fucking things everywhere.
<Daifan> hmm
<Katenzhi> They... they're the ones who killed Bivizmi.
<Daifan> oh.... I see.
<Katenzhi> Yeah. They want us to not sell it.
<Katenzhi> One of them told us about it, probably at great risk to herself.
* Daifan nods
<Daifan> I dn't think they will bother us in Banei >.> BUt are they goign to try and stop you?
<Katenzhi> Yes.
<Katenzhi> I... I don't know what to do...
<Katenzhi> This is our dream, me and Biv. She wants this so bad she's... she's willing to die for it. Again.
* Katenzhi starts tearing up.
<Katenzhi> Sorry...
* Daifan will put a cpmpanionable arm around Kat
<Daifan> Its okay - it sounds very stressful
* Katenzhi takes a drink from the bottle.
<Daifan> what part is it that is so important to her?
<Katenzhi> She wants to be "Remembered". She wants to prove that she's special. That she was the one who first cultivated and refined it.
<Katenzhi> I just want her alive.
<Daifan> Mmhmmm
<Katenzhi> Everyone is so obsessed with this stuff. The Cult. Bivizmi...
<Katenzhi> Sometimes I think I should just burn the whole lot of it.
<Daifan> maybe what you need to do is theother things - take away all the mask of secrecy all at once - bring it in to view, let her have her fame
<Daifan> make it harder for them to hassle you from the shadows
<Katenzhi> Maybe...
<Katenzhi> But it will take time to set it sales of it.
<Katenzhi> We don't have time.
<Daifan> how much do you have prepared?
<Daifan> maybe you could, I don't know - make an event of it
<Daifan> invite a certain number of ptential buyers to a special event to reveal it
<Daifan> it doens't all ghave to be ready
<Katenzhi> (That is a very good question, Julie and/or Steve, how much do we have sale ready?)
<Daifan> just enough to get the secret out
<Daifan> and increase demand ;)
<Daifan> Jimba would have good ideas how to do that, I woudl think.
<Daifan> I bet you can even spin the cult sory to inscrease its value ;)
<AshnabisGM> (I don't really know ... you can't have sold much yet)
<Katenzhi> And what if they just kill us out of spite at that point?
<AshnabisGM> (I am really just making it all up)
<Daifan> then othing has changed
<Katenzhi> (I didn't think we'd sold any yet?)
<Daifan> because if they are the type to do that, they will regardless
<Katenzhi> (I meant, how much of it is ready to be sold)
<AshnabisGM> (yeah I know - I really don't have a number in mind. Some hundreds of doses, for sure)
<Katenzhi> (Cool)
<Katenzhi> That might actually work...
<Katenzhi> I'd have to organize it quickly.
<Daifan> mmhmm.
<Daifan> you and Bivizmi must know some contacts who coudl help? Maybe your soon to be inlaws? Othe than Jimba, anyway.
<Daifan> figure out who you want to sell it to
<Daifan> just promise me - not Galdai >.>
<Katenzhi> Yeah, I can make a list.
<Katenzhi> Hah. No.
* Daifan smiles
<Katenzhi> I'll talk to Biv about it.
* Daifan gives Kat a little hug
* Katenzhi hugs back.
<Katenzhi> Thanks.
<Katenzhi> You're a good friend.
<Daifan> If there is more I can do to help, let me know
<Daifan> your family have all been so kind to me, it is the least I can do
<Katenzhi> I don't want to see you get hurt too over all this.
* Daifan smiles
<Daifan> me either - but i have many friends to look out for me ;)
<Katenzhi> Yeah. Me too
* Katenzhi grins.