Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 5

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 5 Next

Summary

Preparations for the battle continue. Laris and Sahhiru meet with Montano of the Katalal, who agrees to meet them with mounted troops. One of May's teachers from Aethrennar, Induriel Antalanon arrives with an entourage, sent by the Aerthrenari queen to act as an envoy. Korivan endures a ritual to call forth the Hrieffen ancestors from the battlefields of Avalas, where he speaks to two of the tribes founders, Orak and Eryvet, who lend him strength and advice. May calls forth Pazaru, Princess of Hidden Things to bargain for her assistance in cloaking the allied troops in an illusion. Induriel cements the deal by offering the demoness a gift eh'd brought for May - a history of Nesu Abamatu written by a revered ancient scholar. Sahhiru visits [[Laris on the eve of the battle, and plans are finalized.

Session

Session date: 2018-02-11
In Game date: one an a half days after the previous session

Laris and Sahhiru meet Montano


<Kennesaw> Okay, so, Laris, Sahirru, and their escort are travelling south-west to the rendezvous point, yes?
<Laris> yes
<Kennesaw> You're pushing a little to get to the meeting point on time, but it's an easy enough ride through the grassland plains flanking the river.
<Laris> How many halflings did we manage to recruit?
<Kennesaw> Your allies march with you, perhaps a bit behind, as the Osoro lack cavalry of their own.
<Kennesaw> Let it not be said, however, that they did not answer their chief's call, as you are able to leave that morning with some 400 Osoro warriors, a mix of infantry and archers.
<Laris> nice!
<Kennesaw> (Trained Guerillas and Raiders, for game purposes)
* Laris will make sure they don't fall behind on their stubby little legs ;p
<Kennesaw> Heh
<Laris> (by which I mean, he'll slow down a bit to let them keep up, not that he's riding behind them with a whip and a bullhorn ;p)
<Kennesaw> About halfway through your march/ride, you'll hear the honking trumpeting sound from a ridge to your south, which your new allies (and a quick visual confirmation) confirm means the Katalal approach.
* Laris will signal for us to pause, then
<Kennesaw> A small force of twenty or so drake riders crest the ridge, then make their way swiftly down to your position.
* NPC1 is now known as Halfling_Leader
* Halfling_Leader looks to be a young, male halfling in leathers and drake-bone armor, astride a scythe drake, the common mount for halfling plains warriors locally,
* Laris will raise a hand in greeting, trying to show we mean them no harm
* Halfling_Leader mirrors your greeting.
<Halfling_Leader> You're the city folks leading the raid against the Maazikai, then?
* Kennesaw is now known as YOAW_Narrator
<Laris> That is correct. And you are a warrior of the Katalal?
<Halfling_Leader> Montano.
* Halfling_Leader is now known as Montano
* Montano looks at your Osoro host
<Montano> I see Cheif Iaga supports your fight.
<Montano> (Chief, even)
<Montano> And, I guess, gave you leave to cross our lands.
<Laris> She gave her warriors the right to choose if they wanted to join with our cause. As you can see, many felt it worthwhile.
* Montano nods.
<Montano> Oh, yeah, raiding the Maazikai, that's a noble goal at any time.
<Montano> And, after you imperials handed their asses to them at the city, now's a great time.
<Laris> Right now they are in disarray - we hope to finish them off.
* Laris agrees
<Montano> Really? Put an end to their demon sorcery once and for all?
<Laris> If we are able - as many warriors as we can gather will attack them together.
<Montano> And I suppose you'll be taking their people and land after?
<Laris> The spoils will be divided among the victors, as is appropriate.
* Laris says vaguely ;p
* Montano narrows his eyes at that.
<Montano> How many do you have, other than our cousins here?
<Laris> The Hrieffen war host, together with the Imperial forces, await us already at the site of battle.
* Montano seems impressed at that.
<Montano> The hobs are no joke. I heard they were working for the city now.
<Laris> We are allies.
<Montano> Or, sure, one big happy. I get you.
<Montano> Still, we're not likely to sit out a fight against the Maaz.
<Montano> Where is this host, and when do you need warriors?
<Laris> (uh at this rate is it tomorrow? or tonight? I forget our time line - I think tomorrow?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Tomorrow, I believe.
<Laris> Tomorrow, at the valley [whatever, if it has a name, or general directions/description if Laris doesn't know its name]
<Laris> We would welcome your warriors, any who wish to join us.
* Sahirru (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<Sahirru> And offer due consideration for your efforts, of course.
* Laris nods to that
* Montano nods as well.
<Montano> We'll be there this evening. Don't want to run ahead of word of our coming.
<Montano> See ya tonight, river rats!
<Laris> Very well. We must continue on our way now, as our allies are expecting our arrival.
* Montano shouts to the Osoro
<Montano> (To assorted cheers, jeers, and amiable comments about his heritage)
<YOAW_Narrator> With than, he turns and rides off, his troops falling in quickly behind him.
* Laris glances over at Sahhiru
* Sahirru shrugs.
<Sahirru> I do believe Kraaz will like him.
<Laris> I hope this whole 'division of spoils' won't come back to haunt us. But more warriors is good.
<Laris> shall we proceed, then?
* Laris offers with a gesture of 'after you'
* Sahirru nods graciously and spurs his horse onwards (as a figure of speech. Spurs are waaaaaaay off, I think)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I am wrong. Spurs are around at this point. Carry on, Sahirru)

Induriel arrives with his entourage


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, to clarify, the majority of your forces are camped out in a valley, waiting for Kraaz and his cavalry to lead the Maazikai et al. to them?
<Laris> I think so?
<YOAW_Narrator> Okie doke
<YOAW_Narrator> When and for how long is the camouflage/invisibility spell being cast for?
<Laris> that's up to May I guess
<May> As long as possible. I guess the when depends on when the attack is planned for.
<Laris> I think the following morning?
<YOAW_Narrator> I believe that is correct, yes.
<YOAW_Narrator> I'm just making sure of everything.
<May> Maybe people should move into position while it's still dark and shortly before dawn we can drop the spell
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, it's unlikely the Maazikai are going to go charging after Kraaz in the dark.
<Korivan> the idea is for the spell to be up so that they're more likely to follow Kraaz into the trap
<YOAW_Narrator> Then again, their whole force *does
* have darkvision.
<May> hmmm
<May> right
<May> So I guess the time really doesn't make too much difference.
<May> Can I get a sense of how long we're likely to be able to hold the spell?
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, let's get to that. :)
<May> heh
<YOAW_Narrator> Charles, did you have any concept of what type of/how big an entourage Induriel is travelling with?
<Biggles> A few people, I think! Under ten?
* Biggles is now known as Induriel
<YOAW_Narrator> Okie doke
<Induriel> Mostly elf servants, with one or two special advisers/personal retainers?
<Korivan> elf or Eladrin?
<YOAW_Narrator> Either way makes sense.
<Induriel> Elf, I think? I was under the impression that eladrin are generally higher status leaders & elves are commoners.
<YOAW_Narrator> More or less, yeah.
<Induriel> As long as that fits the world!
<Korivan> cool
<YOAW_Narrator> Though also gnomes and such are even common-er. ;)
<Induriel> Perhaps one of my advisers, just to be different. :P
<YOAW_Narrator> Anywho, we'll start with Induriel arriving in the early evening, I'm thinking?
<Induriel> Sure!
<YOAW_Narrator> (He has his own Calkas :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> Time to make up some NPCs
<Induriel> Okay... how about Valtheriel my elf personal secretary, and Mifflepon my personal valet?
<YOAW_Narrator> Given Zari's love of the character, there's a part of me that really wants to name one of these elves Castiel
<Induriel> (gnome)
<YOAW_Narrator> Let me write those down. Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I actually meant it was time for *me
* to make some NPCs :p
<YOAW_Narrator> But that's good.
<Induriel> Okay! I'm perfectly open to whatever fits the world, so don't hesitate to mention it if something isn't quite right...
<YOAW_Narrator> No, those work, though I feel like Calkas is going to look askance at Mifflepon :)
<Laris> (Hee)
<Induriel> Gnome rivalry!
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, I will add to that Malliel, your bodyguard, and we'll add assorted other as we go. :)
<Induriel> Sounds good!
<Induriel> So...
* Induriel arrives in the early evening at
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, so, you're riding up to the gates of the city, where you can see workers are still laboring at repairing some recent damage.
* Montano is now known as Malliel
<Malliel> This place is a hole.
* Malliel says flatly.
* Induriel shrugs elegantly
<Induriel> Alas, but we expected as much.
* Sahirru is now known as Valtheriel
<Valtheriel> Besides, they were recently besieged. You can't expect it to be pristine.
<Induriel> No. How long has it been since the original damage? We should keep track of their ability to rebuild...
* Guard (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
* Guard moves to stop you.
<Guard> You're not locals. State your business.
* Induriel sniffs
* Induriel stares at him for a long moment, then speaks
<Induriel> I am Induriel of House Antalanon, from the great city of Aethrennar.
<Induriel> I have been sent here by Her Serene Majesty, our glorious Queen, as an envoy.
<Induriel> My secretary Valtheriel will provide you with our documentation.
* Guard looks a bit taken aback at that.
* Valtheriel moves forward to present your credentials.
* Guard studies them for a long moment, then calls another guard forward.
<Guard> Apologies, Lord Antalanon. We'll give you an escort to the keep. Welcome to Nesu Abamatu.
* Induriel nods, and rides forward
<Guard> 'nick Other_Guard
* Guard will walk you too the keep, not far from the city gates.
<YOAW_Narrator> Nesu Abamatu is a fraction of the size of Aethrennar, of course, but besides the recent battle seems to be doing well for itself.
* Induriel surveys everything, making mental notes
* Induriel grudgingly makes a comment to the uncouth guard
<YOAW_Narrator> The keep is on a rise, and you can see down the main thoroughfare to the harbor, where several ships sit in port.
<Induriel> I see that your city is recovering. How long has it been?
<Guard> Oh, we lifted the siege a month ago. Siru Lalu and Dominus Corvus have had work crews repairing the walls day and night, since. Between the undead and the captives from the Hrieffen raid, the walls will be finished in the next month or so.
* Induriel tilts his head to one side.
<Induriel> I see. And it seems that commerce is well underway - the waterways and trade routes are also secure?
<Guard> Corvus ships keep off the pirates, and they have a peace treaty with the Osoro to keep the river clear.
<Induriel> Your Regent has been doing a good job, then.
<Guard> I'm sure she'll be happy to hear that.
<YOAW_Narrator> You arrive at the keep, a modest, but strong-looking, structure laid out in a traditional Turathi fashion.
<Induriel> . o O (Crude architecture... but it looks serviceable...)
<YOAW_Narrator> The guard informs those stationed there of who you are, and you are welcomed into the courtyard while a servant is sent to tell May of your arrival.
* Guard is now known as Servant
* Servant presumably finds May in the middle of her preparations for tomorrow's ritual.
* May is in the library, preparing
<Servant> Siru Lalu, you have a visitor.
<Servant> Well, ah, visitors.
<Servant> Emissaries, from Aethrennar.
* May looks up from the notebook she is furiously scribbling in
<May> Visitors? What?
<May> Who?
<Servant> A Lord Antalanon of Aethrennar.
<Servant> Sent by the High Queen herself.
* May stops dead.
<May> s eye twitches.
<May> How... what.
<May> No.
<May> No no no no no.
<May> Not right now.
<May> Where is he?
<Servant> In the courtyard. Should we send him away?
* Servant looks concerned.
* May runs to the window and looks down at the courtyard.
<YOAW_Narrator> You see a fabulous bunch of fae. :p
<YOAW_Narrator> Maybe a little less fabulous for road-weariness.
<YOAW_Narrator> One of the is very familiar. :)
<May> <w> Oh for fuck's sake...
<May> I'll take care of it...
* May heads for the door and down the stairs.
<Induriel> https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3614/3470439730_dcd79bf69e_z.jpg?zz=1
* May me will take a deep breath and open the door to the courtyard.
<May> You. Here. Why.
* Induriel and his retinue all bow as she appears
* Servant has followed, and looks dumbstruck.
<Induriel> Heri Māmītu Lalû, such a great happiness to behold you once again.
* Induriel says formally, ignoring her curtness
<May> Ok, yes, you too but... I'm kind of in the middle of a thing...
<Induriel> I greet you on behalf of my illustrious mistress, Her Serene Majesty Alcarinel, who has done me the honor of sending me as an envoy on behalf of the great city of Aethrennar.
<May> The Queen sent you here?
<Induriel> She has noted with pleasure your rise to prominence in your ancestral homeland, and wishes to extend the hand of friendship on behalf of her people.
<May> My rise to prominence? I've been here like a month.
<Induriel> And I am told that in that month, you have already taken great steps to ensure the prosperity of your city.
<Induriel> In any case, since I have the honor of having known you personally before, Her Majesty thought I would be a suitable ambassador.
<Induriel> Her Majesty hopes and trusts that this choice will please you. As do I.
* Induriel is still speaking very formally, not at all as he used to address May
<May> Ummm, look... Istyar... It's not that I'm not glad to see you, really I am. It's just... your timing isn't great.
* Induriel raises an eyebrow
<Induriel> Then I am grieved to have troubled you, Heri.
<Induriel> I hope I can make up for it in some way?
* May considers for a second.
<May> Well... how are you at summoning these days?
* Induriel stares at May for a second
<Induriel> . o O (Really? REALLY?)
<Induriel> Ah... I hope the Heri will remember that I do have some small skill in that area.
<Induriel> Which of course is as her service.
<Induriel> (at)
<May> Ok. Then why don't you and your party get refreshed and then you can meet me in the library. I could use your help on some calculations. I'll bring you up to speed.
* Induriel bows
<Induriel> It would be my pleasure, Heri Māmītu.
* Induriel snaps his fingers at his retinue to get about settling in as directed...
<Induriel> (Assuming she means here somewhere)
<May> (Yes :) )
* Servant can show you to rooms.

Korivan consults the Ancestors


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you're with your folks at the military camp, yes, prepping for your ritual?
<Korivan> Yup!
<YOAW_Narrator> All right. You'll be made aware that Laris has arrived with 400 halflings in tow.
<Korivan> Good...
<YOAW_Narrator> And, a little later, about 120 more halfling cavalry from the Katalal will show up. :)
<YOAW_Narrator> You, I assume, are deep in some meditation/trancing/drug trip
<Korivan> (that seems likely yes)
<Korivan> (probably fasting in there too to make the drugs work better ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> Halgalaz and the rest of the booyahg are chanting and playing several instruments
<YOAW_Narrator> You sit, staring across a ritual fire at Hrieffen Eryvet Klaar, your cousin who volunteered as the sacrifice, who is similarly drugged and being ritually painted.
<YOAW_Narrator> The chanting and music and gentle crackling of the blaze blend into the cacophony of the voices of the ancestors.
<YOAW_Narrator> Your vision darkens on all but the fire, slowly fading until it is just you and it, and then you find yourself, for the first time in weeks, in silence.
<YOAW_Narrator> Your vision expands again, but you are not in your tent, and it is not Klaar sitting opposite you at the fire.
* Korivan is unused to the quiet, but it is not unwelcome
<Korivan> (is it someone that I recognize or know?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Two hobgoblins, their faces unknown to you, but somehow infinitely familiar, return your stare. you are in what seems like a natural earthern amphitheater. Rows of other hobgoblins, and a smattering of goblins and bugbears, watch in what seems like anticipation.
* Malliel is now known as Female_Hobgoblin
* Valtheriel is now known as Male_Hobgoblin
* Female_Hobgoblin looks to be wounded, but unfazed by it.
<Korivan> Honoured Ancestors...
* Male_Hobgoblin has a spear laid across his lap.
<YOAW_Narrator> In the distance, you hear drums, warhorns, and the sounds of battle.
<Korivan> Thank you for this audience...
* Male_Hobgoblin continues to stare impassively.
* Female_Hobgoblin looks more encouraging.
<Korivan> I have come to call you to stand with the Hrieffen once more, as we perpare to figt those who would have seen us broken by their betrayal.
<Male_Hobgoblin> Valax is a great warrior.
<Female_Hobgoblin> Valax fights for Valax. Korivan fights for Hrieffen.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Valax split our people to join with our enemies.
<Male_Hobgoblin> Eryvet mistakes me. That was a statement of warning, not of praise.
<Korivan> Yes.
<Female_Hobgoblin> Korivan knows the threat of Valax, Orak.
<Korivan> He is strong, though his forces have not stood against ours. But to end his threat - that is why I have called on you.
* Female_Hobgoblin is now known as Eryvet
* Eryvet nods.
* Male_Hobgoblin is now known as Orak
<Korivan> (so, historically speaking - these would be orginal clan founders?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<Korivan> (keen)
<Orak> You have made allies with the foreigners.
<YOAW_Narrator> (alliance*)
<Korivan> We are useful to each other. Bael Turath's power is broken. They need our strength, they gives us opportunities to use it, to fivht and please Bane and honour your. The trade from the city serves us in this too.
* Eryvet smiles at that.
<Eryvet> There is more to strength than flesh.
* Orak grunts, but nods.
<Korivan> (honour you, that shoudl have been)
<Orak> What do you ask of us, Hrieffen Eryvet Korivan?
<Korivan> I ask that you sally forth from Avalas, to show those who have turned against the tribe that you stand with us, to destroy them and their allies the Maazakai.
<Eryvet> Ask them.
* Eryvet gestures to the surrounding throng.
* Korivan looks out at the host of the dead, and will stand
<Korivan> Honoured dead.
<Korivan> Valex and those who follow him have broken from the Hrieffen, turned his back on tribe and clan, on you, their ancestors. They treacherously joined with the demon summoning Maazakai, turning against their own and driving our warriors to join you here.
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear from the crowd a familiar grumbling.
<Korivan> I ask you to stand with those who still bring you honour and sacrifice, to avenge the betrayal of Valax, to destroy him, his forces, and the Maazakai for ever! Will you fight with us?
<YOAW_Narrator> What starts as a general growl of approval rises in volume, shouts of "Hrieffen!", "Eryvet!", and "Orak!" becoming a chant, the many warriors raising weapons and voices in salute.
<YOAW_Narrator> You turn to find Eryvet at your side, Orak standing in front of you.
<Orak> Take my strength, Korivan Gaath.
* Orak offers his spear.
* Korivan will take it @_@
* Eryvet places a hand on your shoulder, and a knife into your other hand.
<Eryvet> All of his strength, Korivan Gaath.
<Korivan> (Okay what does she mean? @_@)
* Orak stands before you, his chest bare, a mark similar to yours blazing over his heart.
<Korivan> (oh, yes @_@)
* Korivan understands, and will follow the lines with the knife in his hand
* Eryvet will take the knife back from you once Orak's chest is open.
* Orak seems unfazed by the knife, but looks at you with what you think is pride.
* Korivan will reach into his chest, then, and tear out his heart @_@
* Eryvet will chant blessings over you and the heart.
* Orak is still standing, somehow.
* Korivan will eat it, once the blessings have been said
<YOAW_Narrator> The frenzied shouts of the ancestors fade, the soft blessings of Eryvet last to leave you, as your vision shifts back to the mundane world. You come back to yourself and your tent, the smell of incense and blood strong in the air, Klaar held up by two of your shamans, his heart in your hand. In your other hand you hold a spear. The chanting of your shamans has stopped as they wait for you to speak.
<YOAW_Narrator> The now familiar voice of Orak speaks alone in your mind.
<Orak> It is time.
<Korivan> It is time @_@
<YOAW_Narrator> You can see the ancestors, afterimages behind your shamans, ready to take the blessings and guidance to your troops.
<YOAW_Narrator> An apprentice throws back the flap of your tent, allowing in the soft glow of the early dawn, through which you stride towards the rest of the Hreiffen, and victory.

May summons Pazaru


<YOAW_Narrator> Meanwhile, May and Induriel prepare their ritual... ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> So, May, Temu and her people have set up a ritual space in a sizeable room in the keep.
<YOAW_Narrator> They have prepared the basic elements of the ritual, candles, incense, an outer barrier circle.
* May will put the finishing touches on the circles, dot the I's and cross the pentagrams.
* Induriel surveys the area, noting the different objects and components
<YOAW_Narrator> I'm assuming May's style is a mix of Turathi and Elduar magics.
<May> (Yeah, that's about right. Plus little bits of other things she's read here and there.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Induriel, it's eclectic, but it looks functional.
<Induriel> . o O (Ugh. Why adulterate the pure art with this Turathi nonsense? Ah, well... as long as it works, I suppose...)
<May> (I like to think she's creating the Jeet Kun Do of summoning magic)
<Induriel> . o O (Obviously I arrived just in time.)
<YOAW_Narrator> So, May, I believe you settled on Pazaru, the Princess of Hidden Things, for your summoning.
<May> That's the one
* Induriel inspects the summoning circle carefully for possible flaws...
<YOAW_Narrator> Can I get Knowledge checks from both of you?
<May> (Does research or education help?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not with this)
<May> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 6 4 1 1 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<May> (Yeesh)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 5 6 3 2 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> Looking over her work, Induriel is able to spot several mistakes that could have proved...problematic.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> You *must
* be more careful, Mamitu!
<May> I knew that. I wasn't done. >.>
* Induriel looks at her reproachfully
<YOAW_Narrator> May and her attendants can make the appropriate corrections.
* May looks sheepish
<Induriel> Well.
<May> lol, no, it's not ;)
<Induriel> That, I think, takes care of the more egregious errors.
* May rolls her eyes when you aren't looking.
<Induriel> In the material *we
* covered, at least. I hesitate to answer for these... innovations... you have added.
<Induriel> I trust they won't hinder us, however. Or I hope not. :/
<May> They'll be fine...
* Induriel pauses
<May> Probably.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> Your forces are counting on this, correct?
<YOAW_Narrator> (When you're ready to start the ritual, can I get May to roll me a Will check with a bonus die)
<May> (I assume rituals helps?)
<May> They are. And it will work. Trust me.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<May> !roll 6d6
* Korivan rolls for May: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 3 2 2 1 5 3 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
* Induriel nods slowly
<May> (15)
<Induriel> Very well.
* Induriel assumes his position within the tracings.
* May will begin the invocation.
<YOAW_Narrator> Candles are lit in specific order, incense is lit, you being chanting.
* Induriel listens carefully, and stands ready for any part he needs to fulfill
<YOAW_Narrator> The shadows in the candelight move in patterns unrelated to anything in the room itself.
<YOAW_Narrator> May, you feel the attention of the divine, the realm of Baator hears your call.
<YOAW_Narrator> (This is, obviously, not a short ritual)
<May> Pazaru, Princess of Shadows, Lady of the Unseen... we call you.
<YOAW_Narrator> After an eternity, May, you have the distinct knowledge that you are being watched, and you are not alone within the ritual circle, though you see nothing.
* Eryvet is now known as Pazaru
<Pazaru> Mortal daughter, child of the divine realms, why have you called me.
* Pazaru 's voice seems to come from several places within the room.
<May> Pazaru, we have need of your... services.
<Pazaru> Not many know how to call me...
* May grins.
<Pazaru> What do you desire, Māmītu Lalû?
* May is a bit surprised that the demon knows her name, but tries not to show it.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Both of you know that her knowing May's name may not be an entirely good thing)
* Induriel 's lips grow a bit thinner, and he frowns slightly
<May> There is an army massing near here, on the plains. We want to hide it from our enemies. We ned you to blind them to its presence until the trap is sprung.
<May> Can you do this?
<Pazaru> Easily.
<Pazaru> Call me forth and I will do this for you.
<May> And what is your price, Princess?
<Pazaru> A bargain, is it?
<Pazaru> What have you to offer the Lady of Secrets?
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tuck, May would know, you don't actually want to call her forth. You need to negotiate for her to have it done, but actually calling *her
* would be...bad)
<May> (Ah, ok)
<YOAW_Narrator> A shape steps from the shadows, coalescing in front of May.
* Pazaru appears as a tiefling woman with midnight blue skin, tall, dressed like a Turathi lord.
* Pazaru is beautiful, as befits a god, but there's something predatory and leonine about her face.
* Pazaru lays a hand gently across May's cheek
<Pazaru> Tell me a secret.
* Induriel starts, but holds himself back
* Pazaru 's eyes flash at the last word.
* May shifts a bit nervously.
<May> If I tell you a secret... you'll do what I ask?
* Pazaru takes her hand away and makes what you would hesitate (as she's sort of a god) to call a pouty face.
<Pazaru> If you tell me a secret worth the lives of your men, yes, I will hide them from your enemies.
<May> What secret is worth that many lives?
<Pazaru> You mortals are terrible at judging such things.
<Pazaru> How about a gift?
<Pazaru> A memory, perhaps?
<May> A memory?
<Pazaru> Your greatest triumph? Most crushing failure? What is most important to you, heir of the dragon queen?
<Pazaru> The first spell you cast? The wound that left you so?
* Pazaru gestures to your scars and tail.
<Pazaru> Such beautiful pain, I'm sure.
<May> No... stop...
* Induriel clears his throat
* Pazaru 's fix on Induriel.
<Pazaru> Who are you, to interrupt this bargain?
<Induriel> Great Keeper of Secrets, Fell Mistress of that which is Not Known: we have another gift to offer in exchange, if it pleases you.
* Pazaru raises an eyebrow.
<Induriel> I stand as the humble second to Mamitu Lalu in this affair, and bring this:
* Induriel holds forth a scroll case
<Induriel> This is a document from the archives of the Queen Alcarinel of my people, the Eladrin
* Pazaru 's eyes flash again.
<Pazaru> What is it?
* Pazaru is all of a sudden at the closest portion of the ritual circle to you.
<Induriel> It contains the observations of the great sage Othorien, who is known to the Turathi as Otoru. In it, he speaks of the origins of Nēšu Abamātu and the surrounding area.
<Pazaru> By the hand of Otoru himself?
<Induriel> It includes his own marginal notes. I hope it may be a worthwhile return for the favour we seek... which, as you say, is no strenuous test of your great powers.
<Induriel> It is the original.
* Pazaru draws herself up to her full imposing height and turns to May.
<Pazaru> He speaks for you? You consent to this arrangement?
* May nods.
<Pazaru> Speak the words, Māmītu Lalû.
<May> Yes... I consent to the bargain.
* May says, hesitantly.
* Induriel bows and holds forth the scrollcase in the appropriate (and I hope safe!) manner
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear a clamor like the fluttering of many wings, and the shadows of the room writhe and twist for a few moment before everything becomes eerily silent. Pazaru, and the scroll case, are nowhere to be seen.
* May looks around and shivers.
<Induriel> (Is the Presence gone?)
<YOAW_Narrator> The room seems empty of anything non-material.
<May> Wow.
<May> That was a bit more intesnse than I expected...
* Induriel breathes out slowly
<Induriel> Summoning such a power is not a casual undertaking.
<May> If you hadn't been here...
* Induriel nods
<Induriel> Well, I am glad I was.
<Induriel> I'm sorry about the scroll; it was intended as a gift for you.
* May smiles.
<May> It's for the best, I guess.
<May> Tank you, Istyar.
<May> (Thank)
<Induriel> You are welcome, Winyamo.
<Induriel> Let us hope this bargain has the effect you seek.
<May> We'll know soon enough.
<Induriel> I suppose so. When do you expect word?
<May> As soon as we win.
<YOAW_Narrator> Speaking of which, we go back to your two dads.

Sahhiru visits Laris


<YOAW_Narrator> As Laris meet with your commanders to set up the strategy for the battle.
* Laris will have spent the night surveying the terrain, the gathered troops, and trying to get a bit of rest if he can (he probably can't.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Actually, come to think of it, I'mma have Sahirru visit you one last time to make you uncomfortable before the battle. :p
<Laris> (thanks ;)
* Pazaru Sahirru
<Pazaru> Ack
* Pazaru is now known as Sahirru
* Sahirru will come to find you when you are attempting to rest.
<Sahirru> (from the flap of your tent)
<Sahirru> I hope I'm not interrupting.
* Laris sits up
<Laris> is something wrong?
<Sahirru> No more than it has been.
* Laris will open the tent's flap and peer out at you
<Sahirru> I wanted to check on you...make sure you would be...at optimum proficiency for tomorrow.
<Laris> ....
<Laris> I will be ready. I'm used to fighting on little sleep.
* Laris does not point out that you're interrupting that little sleep, but hey.
<Sahirru> Of course.
<Sahirru> I...
<Laris> Are you nervous?
<Sahirru> I'm not one to put my trust in others, Dominus Corvus, but this is out of my hands.
<Sahirru> If I must make the leap, I'm glad it is you I am counting on.
* Sahirru seems imminently uncomfortable with that revelation.
<YOAW_Narrator> (eminently, rather)
<Laris> I am conscious ... painfully so, at times... of the fact that I hold many lives in my hands. I will do my best to keep them... and you... safe.
<Laris> I appreciate that you are here, when you did not have to be.
<Sahirru> I am not a warrior, but I did not feel I could abandon...our people.
* Laris nods, willing to accept that "our" in this context
<YOAW_Narrator> I apologize. I am interrupting. You need your sleep.
<YOAW_Narrator> (ack, ww)
<Sahirru> I apologize. I am interrupting. You need your sleep.
<Laris> Yes, but... it is no matter. A few moments more or less will mean little come dawn.
<Laris> Besides, I was not sleeping.
* Sahirru pauses.
<Sahirru> I sleep little myself.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Try to rest, even if you cannot sleep.
<Laris> It will help.
* Sahirru returns the nod.
<Sahirru> You as well.
<Laris> thank you
<YOAW_Narrator> With that, he turns and leaves.
* Laris will go and try to take his own advice of at least resting, even if he can't sleep. he probably doesn't do very well.
<YOAW_Narrator> In the early morning, your various officers will arrive to finalize last minute strategy.
* Laris will go over the plans with them
* Laris figures the best plan will be to draw them into the valley with our forces (well, the Hrieffen, mainly), then have the halflings and archers attack from the higher ground
<YOAW_Narrator> Kadanu and a few subordinates, Varenia, Kraaz's lieutenant Yanka, a halfling woman named Thidia who seems to lead the Osoro here, and Montano of the Katalal.
* Sahirru is now known as Kadanu
<Laris> (if that makes sense?)
<Kadanu> We'll hold the line, Dominus.
<Laris> Very good.
<Laris> Remember, although they are weakened, do not underestimate them. They may still have the power to summon demons into this battle, though perhaps not control them.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, it makes sense. You can anchor on the Turathi infantry, with your other infantry around them, with archer support, and holding your cavalry in reserve to flank or support as needed. That also allows for a moment to heal and refit for Kraaz's trooped coming in)
<Laris> (okay)
* Orak is now known as Varenia
* Varenia nods.
<Varenia> Should I tell our sharpshooters to try to focus on anyone that looks like a caster?
<Laris> Yes, target their casters first.
* Lan-phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
* Lan-phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Laris> !roll 7d6
* Korivan rolls for Laris: [ 7d6 ] getting [ 2 1 1 5 3 3 1 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Laris> 15 I guess
<Laris> !roll 1d6
* Korivan rolls for Laris: [ 1d6 ] getting [ 3 ].
<Laris> !roll 1d6
* Korivan rolls for Laris: [ 1d6 ] getting [ 3 ].

Solos