Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 30

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 30 Next

Summary

The battle against the Osoro and their allies. The Osoro's Verbeeg allies use an embodied spirit to try to destroy the allied vessels, targeting the Iron Drake, but the effort is hampered by Korivan's alliance with the river, and Eyllia and Meghan are able to drive it off completely. Meanwhile the landbattle proceeds as planned, with Laris driving the Osoro forces back towards the Hrieffen calvary, until the enemies flee by the river. Back in the city, Induriel is forced to perform a service for Lady Morelos.

Session

Session date: 2019-03-03
In Game date: early summer

Laris and the Land Battle


<YOAW_Narrator> Let us begin with Laris then, I think. He's the only PC with the infantry, correct?
<Laris> (I think so)
<Induriel> No, I am too! Hah hah hah nope. :s
<Laris> (I was going to bring May with me but then Eyllia was like "let's have makeovers on the boat so you can flirt with boys" and that was PROBABLY more fun than hanging out with Laris)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I can't imagine how)
<May> (hee)
<YOAW_Narrator> Not to belabor, but remind me which all troops you're bringing with you?
<YOAW_Narrator> Also, how many ships were going upriver?
<Laris> (my personal archers and the 2 undead infantry - leaving the green ones behind in the city)
<Laris> (and idk if there's others from other contingents)
<May> (Are the Lalu forces going with you too?)
<Laris> (yes I assume - I just wasn't sure which ones specifically you were sending)
<YOAW_Narrator> Yes, which is archers and infantry, if I have this down right.
<Laris> (there's the 'support' and the 'specialist mages' but I wasn't sure if they were included)
<YOAW_Narrator> Plus 200 raiders from the Ankai and 100 archers from the Kobrakai.
<May> (Probably our 2 infantry, support, and trained archers will go with you and the veterans can stay with us on the boats if that works)
<YOAW_Narrator> Heather, are the 'peasant levies' from the Hrieffen mobilized for this?
<May> (The mages are probably better with us or back at the city)
<May> (Probably with us, since May will be scrying on the battle)
<YOAW_Narrator> Did you have a plan for what the mages are doing?
<Laris> (as for how many ships, I assume that's like... idk, maybe 5? I'm not sure if mobilizing all 10 is a good plan in a river ;p plus Eyllia's contingent of course)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia's contingent is just the Drake
<Laris> (okay. so maybe 5+1 then?)
<YOAW_Narrator> But legit. The ships are more mobile fortifications for the time being.
<May> (Not especially. We hadn't talked about the mages.) we can hold them back for a summoning if things go tits up)
<Laris> (so it looks to me like in total, Laris has 28 points of infantry, 20 points of archers, and the 5 support with him)
<Laris> (whatever that amounts to ;)
<May> (Laris, do you want the veteran archers too, or should we keep them in reserve on the boats as well?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, as laid out, I have it as a total infantry/archer force of 600 infantry, 300 archers, and 100 support.
<YOAW_Narrator> And waiting to hear about the Hrieffen levies.
<Laris> (you can keep them on the boats, it's good to have defenses there)
<May> (Ok)
<YOAW_Narrator> Coordination will be key here.
<May> (Is the plan to hit them from two sides and push them up towards the waiting boats?)
<YOAW_Narrator> As you know the Osoro et al can field some 1300 foot, 800 archers.
<Laris> (Sahhiru would be really mad if I got you killed because the ships were attacked and didn't have enough defenses ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> heh
<May> (Probably yes)
<May> (You would be on the couch for at least a few weeks)
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, I *believe
* the plan is to engage them with the infantry, then have the cavalry swing in to flank.
<Korivan> Lets say one of the levies yees, hold the other for further training for the second half of the campaign ;)
<Korivan> I thikn that makes sense?
<YOAW_Narrator> kk
<May> (Which is how many?)
<YOAW_Narrator> 1 unit, 100 troops.
<May> (Huh. That still leaves us pretty well outnumbered...)
<Laris> (we're taller though ;p)
<Laris> (we have the high ground just by existing)
<May> (I am suddenly not so confident in this plan...)
<Laris> (that's not counting any of the Hrieffen cavalry, Tuck. or the potential allies we're trying to recruit.)
<May> (Ahh, ok, right)
<YOAW_Narrator> Grr, internet
<May> (So our job is just to block an escape across the river)
<YOAW_Narrator> It's fucking up so bad right now
<May> :/
<YOAW_Narrator> Also, block potential reinforcements from Amanya Hatal allies.
<May> (Cool)
<YOAW_Narrator> Also provide mobile assistance and sorcerous support.
* May will make sure to look in both directions
<.>
<Laris> (we don't know what we might be getting from the Katalal, the Rionino, and the Pedernal)
<Laris> (I mean, we know we're getting *something
* from the Katalal, Montano is pretty firmly on board with this plan, the other two are more up in the air)
<YOAW_Narrator> This is me on the phone. I'm going to restart everything. Nothing is going through.
<May> eep
<Laris> (doh :/)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, phone is working for the moment.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Katalal are contributing 200 mounted archers and 100 cavalry. They're all in.
<Laris> (cool)
<YOAW_Narrator> You have a cavalry force that, at this point, might outnumber your evening infantry.
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, going to need some Warfare rolls. Can I get an initial one from Paris?
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, even
<YOAW_Narrator> Thanks autocorrect.
<Laris> (do I get my Strategy or Command included?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Strategy for this one
<Laris> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Laris: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 3 5 1 5 ] for a total of [ 19 ].
<Laris> (18)
<YOAW_Narrator> Your scouts (which mostly consist of Hrieffen scouts working between your formations) report the Osoro are massing along the river west of you. Their forces look to be some 1500 strong, outnumbering your force (infantry and archers) by about 3 to 2.
<Laris> (okay)
<Laris> (where are the ships at this point? still hanging back?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Their force is about 1/3 Osoro, then contingents from most of their vassal tribes.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Pedernal and the Rionino do not seem to be present.
<YOAW_Narrator> Where do you want them to be. They're close enough to make tactical commands possible.
<Laris> (I'd like them hanging back slightly - ideally if the Osoro get backed up to the river, then we can bring the ships in to pin them from the other side)
<YOAW_Narrator> Sounds good.
<YOAW_Narrator> You're moving to engage then?
<YOAW_Narrator> And, presumably, sending word for Kraaz to begin his advance?
<Laris> (yeah)
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, you have another advantage here: discipline. Iaga's troops don't fight together, and you can see them in loose confederations by tribe as they come into view.
<Laris> (okay - then once we engage we can try to peel them off from each other, drive wedges in and split the forces into smaller groups)
<YOAW_Narrator> The calls and battle instruments of the various tribes blend into a cacophony, psyching themselves up for battle.
<YOAW_Narrator> The terrain favors neither of you, at first glance, and it looks like the Osoro are going to rely on their numbers as they advance.
* May is keeping a close eye on how the battle is developing with a scrying ritual and has scouts out checking for reinforcements.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Hey, back on comp. Maybe we're good)
<YOAW_Narrator> Rufus will nod at that order. His troops are probably best equipped to hold a line, provide a bulwark to split enemy formations.
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll Warfare again, with your Command specialty.
<Laris> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Laris: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 2 4 5 6 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<Laris> (19)
<YOAW_Narrator> Likely typical of Iaga, her troops are anchored on the (supposed) safety of the river. You are able to split off portions of her force to deal with more individually.
<YOAW_Narrator> Largely, your imperial forces can occupy the main force, and you have the Ankai to smash whatever troops you isolate.
<YOAW_Narrator> It's keeping the battle from overwhelming your forces, and inflicting solid casualties upon your for.
<Laris> (okay. once we have them occupied, Kraaz can do his thing whenever he's ready :)

The River battle


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you have some sense that the battle has begun, a bit before riders come to inform Kraaz.
* Korivan will let him know, or send someone to
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz will happily rally his troops and head into battle. Are you accompanying them?
<Korivan> (I should think so yes @_@)
<Korivan> (I mean, as support, probably not charging in head first with him or anything ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (get, even the phone is being wonky)
<YOAW_Narrator> (grr, even)
<YOAW_Narrator> As you follow your people into battle, you feel a familiar sense of otherness, a second consciousness, closer for the moment than the ancestors.
<Korivan> (wel I did offer)
<YOAW_Narrator> You ride smoother than you know you are capable, and you find yourself alongside Kraaz as your troops crash into the Osoro flank like a flood.
<YOAW_Narrator> He grins to see you, then you are mostly separated by the chaos of battle.
<YOAW_Narrator> For her part, Iaga (or whoever she has commanding) pulls her force back as best they are able, fighting defensively where they had.been rushing in.
<Laris> (we can bring in the ships once they are backed up and on the defensive)
<Korivan> (Yes... back hem up to the river @_@)
<Laris> (yup)
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you sense something in the river, the tiny ripples of mortals and something larger, more interesting/concerning to your current frame of mind.
<Korivan> (well, then I shoud.... do somethign about that @_@)
* Korivan calls a warning, also
<YOAW_Narrator> (May and Eyllia, can I get Awareness rolls?)
<May> !roll 3d6
* Korivan rolls for May: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 2 4 4 ] for a total of [ 10 ].
<Eyllia> !roll 3d6+5
* Korivan rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6+5 ] getting [ 3 3 4 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 15 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, you'll notice, to the north of your position, a series of unusual ripples on the water. They seem to be headed towards the Drake, or at least the flotilla.
* Eyllia will call out what she sees, to let the other ships know, and moves to bring the Drake to flank its course
* May will look to where Eyllia is pointing
* May will direct some of her ritualists to see if they can pierce any invisibility effects in the area
<YOAW_Narrator> As the Drake begins its maneuver, the veil fades from a grouping of large canoes filled with tall, green humanoids, which begin to open fire on the Drake. Their large bows seem to outrange yours, as shafts fall among your crew. You ballista should be in range, however.
<YOAW_Narrator> Meghan and Marcus both move to place themselves between May and the incoming fire.
* Marcus (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<Marcus> Siru.
* May will use her dragonmark to summon her bow and quiver to her hands.
* Marcus says amiably as he raises his shield, rocking back under the weight of a verbeeg (and very big) arrow.
* Meghan (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<May> We need to get in range to return fire!
<Eyllia> Balistas!
* Eyllia calls out and directs the ship to close distance with the smaller boats
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake's crew rush to comply with the order, and you see one canoe shatter as a bolt pierces its hull.
<YOAW_Narrator> There's a rush of water under them as, moments later, a crocodile larger than the sunk canoe surfaces under the scattered crew, now hanging on to its scaly hide.
<Meghan> That can't be good.
<May> Huh.
<YOAW_Narrator> Lysa, overseeing the ballistae, will look to Eyllia for direction upon this new development.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you distractedly flow away from an attack, your focus drawn downstream. You feel an ancient anger, the need to answer a challenge.
<Eyllia> We still need to close! Keep firing at the canoes.
* Meghan is now known as Lysa
* May will direct the ritualists to protect the ships. Shields up! (If we can do such a thing)
<Lysa> Aye! You heard the captain!
<YOAW_Narrator> (You'll have to be more specific, Tuck. Raw force is mostly beyond the magical knowhow of your day. ;))
<May> (Hmmm...)
* Korivan can put his energies into this challege, yes @_@
<May> (Summon air elementals to deflect the arrows?)
<YOAW_Narrator> The canoes continue to close, now veering towards the Drake specifically.
<Korivan> (I woudl think some kind of binding is in order, for me... hold this thing in place, slow its movements and maneuverability, sort of thin. hold it with currents, or water grasses, or whatever)
<YOAW_Narrator> (That's certainly workable, yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will for me, Heather)
<Korivan> (I have rituals and dedication - do either apply for a bonus die?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'm willing to let dedication apply)
<Lan_phone> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Lan_phone: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 1 5 4 2 ] for a total of [ 17 ].
<Korivan> (16)
<YOAW_Narrator> Those of you on the boat, you'll see some sort of vegetation extend from the water, wrapping up and slowing the giant crocodile.
<YOAW_Narrator> The canoes, though several are down from ballista strikes, have moved within your arrow range, and their crews are raising shield to block the incoming storm.
<Eyllia> Balistas on the slowed lizard!
* Lysa readjusts the aim of the ballistae, bolt after bolt sent flying into the beast's hide by your trained crew.
<May> Archers, fire at will! Keep them pinned down!
<YOAW_Narrator> After several such striker, most of them seeming to have little effect, the crocodile dives, the verbeeg on it making for nearby canoes. (Though they are mostly shot down by your archers as they try.)
* Eyllia directs the Drake to cleave into the flank of the canoes, so we can circle and trap them between the rest of the ships
* Eyllia watches for boarders and the giant beast
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake overruns a few canoes. You can hear them shattering over the screams of their crew.
* May will take some potshots with her bow as the opportunity arises, but focuses on directing the fight with Eyllia.
<YOAW_Narrator> Several canoes have reached the Drake by this point, and boarders begin the (for them) short climb up the side.
<Eyllia> And the dance begins!
* Lysa Lysa moves to counter to boarders and protect the ballistae crews.
* Eyllia calls out, blades in hand to lead the assult on the boarders
<Lysa> (Heh, redundant Lysa)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Can I get a Fighting test from Eyllia and, presumably, a Marksmanship test from May?)
<May> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for May: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 5 6 1 1 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<May> (12)
<Eyllia> !roll 8d6
* Korivan rolls for Eyllia: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 6 5 1 3 5 5 4 1 ] for a total of [ 30 ].
<May> (...DAMN, SON)
<Eyllia> (25)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia knows what she's about)
<YOAW_Narrator> If May wasn't aware of Eyllia's skill before now, it's definitely on display now.
<Induriel> :O
<YOAW_Narrator> May gets a shot or two in, wounding several boarders from her perch to stern, but Eyllia flows from attacker to attacker, taking only moments to disable or kill before moving on to the next. She is never still, always a step ahead of any counterstrike, a second too soon for any defense.
<YOAW_Narrator> Lysa is similarly skilled, a second wave of skill and blood falling upon the Curadh.
* Marcus holds the stairs against opponent after opponent, keeping them from closing with May
<YOAW_Narrator> You see him take one of those giant arrows in the leg
<May> Marcus!
* Marcus yells, his skin paling more, and you see him bare fangs at the enemy, his eyes red and flashing with anger.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake's contingent holds off the attackers as the Corvis flotilla closes, the Curadh canoes practically pincushions of arrows now.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake itself jolts to the side, a powerful blow hitting it below the waterline.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can all hear a terrible cracking from below.
* Lysa is now known as Meghan
<Eyllia> That damned lizard!
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you're vaguely aware of a figure standing over you, as you seem to be, at least physically, on the ground right now. You see several flashes, deflecting attacks against you and the figure both, and it takes a moment for you to recognize Caelius, a sword in one hand and a spell maintained in the other.
<YOAW_Narrator> You get a sense that a moment is coming, on the river, that your power must be brought to bear.
* Eyllia will search the sides for the monster
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, you can see ripples for a moment after the attack, but whether it's croc or flooding in the Drake, you're not sure.
* Eyllia looks for Lysa
<Eyllia> We can't stop that thing from here
<Meghan> Maybe I can get a better look from the air?
<May> Be careful, those arrows are deadly.
<Meghan> Not as deadly as ending up in the water with that thing will be.
* Meghan will shudder, her wings appearing from her back, and she vaults into the air, spear in hand.
* May will direct the mages to have an elemental stay close to Meghan and protect her from arrows.
<Eyllia> I'll get it to surface... be ready!
* Meghan nods as she rises.
* Eyllia smiles slips into the water
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you can feel the creature, an enemy spirit manifested, fighting your current, struggling against the vegetation you are fouling its movement with.
<Korivan> (can I turn that constriction into more tha just retraint?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Give me another roll?)
<Lan_phone> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Lan_phone: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 3 6 3 6 ] for a total of [ 19 ].
<Korivan> (18)
<YOAW_Narrator> The beast's hide is too thick to make constriction a feasible means of assault, but you're able to cut off its path to the Drake for the moment. It's fighting to move at all now.
<Korivan> (okay)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Admittedly, that battle is taking place only partially on the physical plane. You are also tangling up its energy, its ability to affect the material.)
<Korivan> (keen)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you were gonna stab it in the eye?)
<Eyllia> (thats my plan)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Fighting again for me)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Like it's necessary, but numbers are fun :))
<Eyllia> !roll 8d6
* Korivan rolls for Eyllia: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 6 2 5 6 6 3 2 1 ] for a total of [ 31 ].
<Eyllia> (26)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, of course, moves through the water with a grace even the croc can't match, just outside the radius of its thrashing against Korivan/the river's grasping plants.
<YOAW_Narrator> She darts in, plunging her sword into the beast's eye.
<YOAW_Narrator> Spirit or not, it's inhabiting the form of the crocodile, and it rears, surfacing away from the source of pain.
<YOAW_Narrator> If breaks the surface, still struggling.
* Meghan spots it, wheels once to get the correct angle, then dives, her spear leveled at the weak point just behind its head.
* May will have the ballistae and archers all concentrate fire on the oversized gecko!
<May> (Scratch that! Don't hit Meghan!)
<YOAW_Narrator> At the last moment, Meghan shifts her position as she falls, holding the spear downward and bringing her whole body's weight to bear, plunging the spear into the spirit's hide.
<YOAW_Narrator> It roars and flails, rolling, swiping Meghan into the water, but those on the Drake can see its limbs slowing, weakening.
<YOAW_Narrator> After a few moments, it twitches a final time, and is still.
* Eyllia will try and rescue Meghan from the depths
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia is able to pull an unconscious Meghan to the surface.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Osoro begin retreating to their canoes, their forces breaking.
<YOAW_Narrator> Many of them die on the shore, unable to withstand your combined forces.
* May orders the ships to pursue and the archers to keep firing as long as they're in range
* Meghan is now known as Faire
* May will then get the ritualists to help her tend to Marcus and the otehr wounded.
* Faire will step from thin air onto the deck of the Drake.
<Faire> Everyone all right here?
<May> They're in retreat. We have some wounded, but we're ok.
* Faire nods.
<Faire> That's good. I had a thought about that.
<Faire> If you'd care to assist me for a moment, Heri Mamitu.
* Eyllia will have brought Meghan back to the Drake, and once she is safe on board, assess the damage to the ship from the water before finally boarding herself
* May will nod.
<May> What do you have in mind?
<Faire> I know some creatures of Faerie that might harass them further.
<May> Alright. Let's do it.
* Faire will set up a quick ritual with you on the deck.
<YOAW_Narrator> You follow most of it, but there are portions in some dialect of Elduar you don't entirely understand.
<YOAW_Narrator> You do understand, though, when dark shapes appear in the water beneath the fleeing Osoro forces.
<YOAW_Narrator> Broad, furred heads break the surface, dragging troops off the canoes, fouling their oars, and generally keeping them in range of Laris's archers longer.
<YOAW_Narrator> It takes you a moment to recognize them as giant otters.
* Faire grins.
<Faire> Turnabout seemed like fair play.
<May> That... is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Aftermath


* Rufus_Metillius will approach Laris.
<Rufus_Metillius> Things are over for the moment.
<Rufus_Metillius> Sir.
* Rufus_Metillius grins.
* Laris nods, looking over the scene, bloodstained and tired.
<Laris> Did Iaga escape?
<Rufus_Metillius> It'll take some time to be sure, but I think so.
<Rufus_Metillius> But most of her strength died here today.
* Laris nods
<Laris> What are our casualties like?
<Rufus_Metillius> Not unreasonable. I used my troops to soak up as much as possible, and we can reinforce from here.
<Laris> Alright.
<Rufus_Metillius> The Kadanu's boys and the Ankai are going to take a little longer to recover.
<Rufus_Metillius> (No the)
<Laris> (are the Hrieffen still pursuing the stragglers or have they stopped?)
<Rufus_Metillius> Kraaz's people got to charge into the flank like they like. I don't think they lost more than twenty, had maybe more than twice that wounded.
* Laris nods
<YOAW_Narrator> They fled over the water, so Kraaz is a little miffed he couldn't pursue further.
<Laris> (heh)
<Rufus_Metillius> You seen Gaath Korivan? I thought I saw him go down at some point.
<Laris> (have I?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not yet?)
<Laris> I haven't. Hopefully he's all right.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Laris> We could try to locate him.
* Rufus_Metillius looks like he's coming back from that vryloka vampire-rage thing, his skin coloring as you talk to him.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
* Laris reaches out and strokes his arm absently, just to reassure himself that he's there and okay.
<YOAW_Narrator> With a little searching, you can find Korivan and Caelius, the latter nursing a few minor wounds, the former mostly just exhausted.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles and grabs Laris's hand for just a moment, nodding before they both turn to go looking.
<Laris> Caelius, are you all right?
* Faire is now known as Caelius
<Caelius> Ah, Lugal, Magus, it is good to see you well.
<Laris> Gaath Korivan, do you need any help?
<Caelius> I think he's just overtaxed. I've been keeping an eye on him.
* Rufus_Metillius 's eyes unfocus for a moment as he extends his mystical senses.
<Korivan> (how aware am I?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Tired, but awake.
<Korivan> No.
<Rufus_Metillius> Yeah, just drained. I imagine communing with the river took it out of him.
<Rufus_Metillius> Hmm?
* Laris nods
* Korivan nods as well
<Korivan> Yes @_@
<Rufus_Metillius> The medics will be here soon.
<Rufus_Metillius> Just rest.
<Korivan> Yes... more is owed @_@
<Caelius> The river?
* Korivan nods again, mostly tryign to conserve what energy he has left
<Caelius> How imperative is it? We could probably get you over there.
* Caelius looks to the shore, not too distant.
* Korivan looks over and srt of takes a moment to mentally brace himself
<Korivan> Very well.
* Caelius nods, takes a moment, then stands.
<Caelius> Get his other arm?
* Laris will assist Korivan
* Rufus_Metillius will walk with you, ready to take over from someone if necessary.
* Korivan will lean heavily on you both to get down there
<Korivan> Tell Kraaz... I will return. The Booyagh know.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can all manage to get Korivan to the water's edge. When you arrive, the spirit, looking similar to before, but brighter, will rise from the water.
* Caelius is now known as Spirit
<Spirit> My champion.
* Spirit gives the sense of a smile, though she lacks features.
<Spirit> Well done, and well struck, and I am well fed.
<Spirit> I was right to take of you.
* Rufus_Metillius frowns.
<Laris> o_O
* Korivan nods, so tired, but committed
<Spirit> Leave him be, mortal allies. A bargain was struck, and we owe one another still. He will be safe and sated until and upon his return.
* Laris will check with Korivan that that's okay, but assuming it is, step back
<Korivan> We are.. true to all our allies @_@
* Spirit has, appropriately, a bubbly laugh in answer to that
<Spirit> Come, champion, time and tide wait for none.
* Caelius sighs.
<Caelius> Dangerous magic, spirit bonds.
<Caelius> Gods see him safely home.
* Laris nods
* Rufus_Metilius (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
<Rufus_Metilius> Okay.
* Rufus_Metilius sighs as well.
<Rufus_Metilius> I've got miles to go before I sleep.
<Rufus_Metilius> Best you get some rest, sir, and Caelius, get those wounds seen to.
<Laris> I'll rest after I talk to Kraaz, but yes. Take care, and I'll see you later.
<Rufus_Metilius> Maybe send word to the city, send Nakhtmin, and Sagax if we think we're out of trouble for the time being.
* Laris nods
* Laris has to let that stand for 'I love you, I'm glad you're alive, I'll show you just how glad I am later' ;)
<Rufus_Metilius> Aye, sir, you too.

Teatime with Induriel and Lady Morelos


<YOAW_Narrator> So, Charles, Induriel is back in Nesu Abamatu. :)
<YOAW_Narrator> Doing anything in particular?
* Laris will head off to try and locate Kraaz, and also get word to the ship people to see how they are/have May send word back to NA
* May will also be sending word to Laris on what happened ASAP
<Induriel> (Scrying, and perhaps doing something magical to help? Or to keep a lookout in case the enemy tries a surprise sortie against the city?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Cool cools
<Induriel> (I don't know if May had any particular role in mind for me.)
* Caelius (webchat@199.38.187.9) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<YOAW_Narrator> I think just magical support in case the city was attacked.
<YOAW_Narrator> The night after the battle, when word has reached the city, you are able to rest in relief.
<May> (Probably helping keep communication with the city through scrying and... yeah, that)
<YOAW_Narrator> Which brings it's own issues... ;)
<Induriel> Ah, sleep. No - wait! :O
<YOAW_Narrator> You find yourself in a garden, you think, with vines and roses wrapped around stone columns.
* Induriel admires the greenery, but with a sense of foreboding...
* Rufus_Metilius is now known as Bug_Elduar
* Bug_Elduar steps from the shadows.
* Induriel looks up
<Bug_Elduar> Ambassador Induriel. The Lady Morelos awaits.
* Induriel nods, and follows the Bug_Elduar
* Bug_Elduar (webchat@199.38.187.9) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Bug_Elduar (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
* Bug_Elduar will lead Induriel to what seems to be the center of the garden, a cozy open space with a fountain and trellises of flowers.
* Lady_Morelos (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
* Lady_Morelos sits at a small table, an empty chair across from her.
<Lady_Morelos> An amphora, some cups, and several plates of food lay on the table.
* Induriel bows deeply, and waits to be addressed or invited to sit.
<Lady_Morelos> Ambassador, please, join me.
<Induriel> Thank you, my lady.
* Lady_Morelos motions towards the chair opposite her.
* Induriel sits as directed.
<Lady_Morelos> Wine?
<Induriel> (As in, I should serve *her
* some? )
* Lady_Morelos (webchat@199.38.187.9) Quit (Client Quit)
* Lady_Morelos (webchat@199.38.187.9) has joined #gnomeland
* Lady_Morelos has her hand on the amphora, as though to pour wine for Induriel
<Induriel> As you will, my lady.
<Induriel> Though I fear I am most undeserving of your hospitality.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, you know what, it's conceivably possible you have tea at this point, so we'll say she's serving tea.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (That was the only reason she wasn't, but it looks like it could line up. So why not?)
<Lady_Morelos> Hospitality is not deserved, it is owed, but I understand your meaning.
<Lady_Morelos> I wanted to speak to you, to uphold the terms of our agreement.
<Induriel> Yes, Lady Morelos.
<Lady_Morelos> That will be all, Huinemait.
* Bug_Elduar bows deeply, glances at Induriel, and departs.
<Induriel> There was a battle today, between the forces of Nesu Abamatu and the Osoro tribe.
<Induriel> It appears that Nesu Abamatu was victorious, though the fate of the Osoro chieftain is uncertain.
* Eyllia is now known as Vess_AFK
<Lady_Morelos> Voisce's line was always wily.
<Induriel> (Does that name mean anything to me?)
<Lady_Morelos> She'll trouble you further if you don't finish it.
* Argent_AFK (vess@174.114.160.19) has joined #gnomeland
<YOAW_Narrator> (You could roll Knowledge, if you want)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 6 2 4 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<Induriel> (15)
<YOAW_Narrator> You seem to recall that's the name of Iaga's father or grandfather, whichever one took over the Osoro and established them as the predominant halfling tribe in the area.
<YOAW_Narrator> From your readings in May's library.
* Induriel nods
* Vess_AFK (vess@174.114.160.19) Quit (Ping timeout: 202 seconds)
<Induriel> I am sure they do intend to deal with her, to prevent exactly the kind of trouble you mention.
<Lady_Morelos> Smart lads.
<Induriel> This victory does solidify Nesu Abamatu's position, however.
<Induriel> Their trade routes will now be all the more secure.
<Lady_Morelos> Of course.
<Lady_Morelos> They outgrew their territory when the Turathi arrived, when the Hrieffen allied with them.
<Lady_Morelos> The Conqueror is surely pleased.
* Lady_Morelos makes a sour face at that.
<Induriel> (The Conqueror? I take it she doesn't mean May. :P )
<Korivan> (BANE)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's an appellation for Bane)
<Lady_Morelos> I'll never understand him. Civilized brutality. Hogwash.
<Induriel> The Hrieffen did indeed have a keen interest in this action, yes.
<Induriel> They grow in power and influence along with the city, I think.
<Lady_Morelos> Nevermind them, for the moment. The elves, the Amanya Hatal, did they participate in the battle?
<Induriel> (I didn't hear of them being involved, did I?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Some allies of theirs, but otherwise no.
<Induriel> A section of the armies was deployed to intercept them if they tried to intervene.
<Induriel> However, it seems they did not play any direct role.
<Induriel> Friendly neighbors of theirs were involved, but the Amanya Hatal seem to have stayed out of the conflict.
<Induriel> For now.
<Lady_Morelos> Roimë's still hiding in her cave, hmm? Far be it for her to get her hands dirty, yes indeed.
<Induriel> I do not know how much longer that will be possible for her, my lady.
<Lady_Morelos> Oh, she'll act in due time, I'm sure. She can't let things fall into the 'wrong hands,' of course.
<Lady_Morelos> Your Lady should be more scared of her than she is, I'll tell you that.
<Lady_Morelos> Your cousins are, I'm sure of it.
<Lady_Morelos> Though the First Blade is being cagey about it.
<Lady_Morelos> Tell me, how go your city's efforts to woo the Turathi girl?
<Induriel> They have been complicated by the arrival of *more* suitors from Thantopolis, my lady. :/
<Induriel> Three of them.
<Lady_Morelos> Are the wiles of Aethrennar so paltry?
<Lady_Morelos> Perhaps I should find some fine match for her myself.
<Lady_Morelos> *hmph*
<Lady_Morelos> Thantopolis indeed.
<Induriel> I have not by any means given up hope, my lady.
<Induriel> I do not think any decision will be made quickly.
<Lady_Morelos> Was she in the recent battle?
<Induriel> She was present, yes. I understand that an enemy sortie made it as far as her flagship... but it was turned aside in due time.
<Induriel> Thank goodness.
* Induriel says, partly to himself
<Lady_Morelos> And her would-be suitors? Where were they?
<Induriel> They all sought to play a role in the battle - the better to impress her, I'm sure.
* Lady_Morelos smirks.
<Lady_Morelos> Battle can decide much, Ambassador.
<Induriel> In matters of the heart, you mean?
* Lady_Morelos nods vaguely.
<Lady_Morelos> Now, I have a task for you.
<Induriel> Yes, my lady?
<Lady_Morelos> There is a certain volume in Lady Lalu's library. (Try saying that five times fast.)
<Lady_Morelos> I wish you to procure it for me.
<Induriel> Which book is it, my lady?
* Argent_AFK (vess@174.114.160.19) Quit
<Lady_Morelos> Kirku Ilūtu
<Induriel> (Do I know it?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Knowledge)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 4 3 6 3 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Induriel> (16)
<YOAW_Narrator> It's a minor work of Turathi magic. Rare, but not held in any great esteem.
<Induriel> (Do I have any idea of how I could pass it off to her, if I agree? Like, can I just dream bringing it with me to our next tea party?)
<Induriel> (And would that make it disappear from the real world?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, yes and yes.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You'd need it with you when you sleep, like a lexical teddy bear)
<Induriel> (How cute. :/ )
<Induriel> I shall do my best, then. If with my poor abilities I cannot manage it, is there another work that would satisfy your needs?
<Lady_Morelos> No. You will get me this book.
<Lady_Morelos> (scroll, rather)
* Induriel nods deeply and gestures to show acquiesence, since it's difficult to bow while sitting down.
* Lady_Morelos nods regally in return.
<Lady_Morelos> Do not dawdle, Ambassador. I am only so patient.
<Induriel> Yes, Lady Morelos.
* Induriel stands and bows
<Lady_Morelos> Good boy.
* Lady_Morelos smiles.
<YOAW_Narrator> Everything fades to darkness but her shadow, and then you wake up.
<Induriel> . o O (Dammit.)

Solos

Laris check in with Kraaz


* Laris will go find Kraaz after the battle
* Kraaz is presumably with his folks as they set up camp alongside the rest of the combined forces.
* Kraaz seems mostly none the worse the for wear.
<Laris> Hraal Kraaz, I trust you are well. Fortune favoured us today, it seems.
<Kraaz> Bane watches his own, Dominus Laris.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> I thought we'd be speaking. How fare your troops?
<Laris> Well enough - not too many casualties. And yours?
<Kraaz> Likewise. The Osoro pushed too far, just as we wanted. They can counter our cavalry some if they prepare, and did at their river site, but by then it was too late.
<Kraaz> Cowards, running off to the elves.
* Kraaz snorts in frustration.
<Laris> Do you have an impression of how many got away? And whether Iaga was among them?
* Kraaz shakes his head.
<Kraaz> I saw her boat outrange us. Not sure if she was on it, but it wouldn't surprise me.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> I'd say maybe half of them made it out. A third to a half.
<Kraaz> They were caught out, but the Osoro know how to run.
<Laris> We've accomplished our goal, then, I would say - their strength is diminished and their hold over the river should be likewise weakened.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> She'll regroup further west, pull up the rest of her people.
<Kraaz> Push her folks and their allies to field more troops.
* Kraaz shakes his head.
<Kraaz> It will not go well for them.
<Laris> No doubt. But I didn't see the Rionino or the Pedernal among them. Even if our emissary wasn't successful in recruiting them to our side yet, it seems they at least had second thoughts about throwing their lot in with the Osoro.
<Kraaz> Ha, I don't doubt!
<Kraaz> I'm hearing they had a rough time of it there for a minute on the river.
<Laris> If they were waiting to see which way the battle went, hopefully this will make up their minds.
<Laris> (have I heard much about that yet?)
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> (I imagine you've at least been informed. Basic stuff, folks are okay, some casualties, mostly wounded.)
<Kraaz> They never liked Iaga anyway. No one really did.
<Kraaz> This was a long time coming.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I understand there was some difficulty on the river, yes. But they managed to fend off the attack.
<Kraaz> That's good. It would be bad if something happened to Siru Mamitu.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Yes, for any number of reasons.
<Laris> Speaking of the river, ah, Gaath Korivan is currently... in it.
* Kraaz raises an eyebrow, then laughs.
<Kraaz> I'll bet he is.
<Kraaz> A day and a night, I think was her price.
<Laris> how do you mean?
<Kraaz> How much do you know about spirits, Dominus?
<Laris> It's not my area of expertise.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> Mine neither, but you pick up some.
<Kraaz> They're more like us...
* Kraaz gestures to the Hrieffen around him setting up camp.
<Kraaz> ...or we're more like them, I guess.
<Kraaz> We've got plenty of ambitions, but, when it comes down to it, we fight and we fuck. And the spirit just fought.
<Laris> o_O
<Kraaz> It tested Korivan's strength one way. Now another.
<Kraaz> Sealing the pact, you might say.
* Kraaz shrugs.
<Laris> He's ... having sex. with the river.
* Kraaz grins.
<Kraaz> How better to celebrate your victory and honor fallen comrades than to make more life. Or at least go through the motions.
<Kraaz> Half a year from now, there will be a whole crop of future warriors, mark my words.
<Kraaz> (Goblinoid gestation being faster than human/elduar ;))
<Laris> I... suppose you're probably correct.
<Kraaz> It's the cycle of such things.
<Laris> We make our future warriors in other ways.
<Kraaz> With, ah, what was the word...marriage?
<Laris> Oh, I meant with necromancy. But that too, yes.
* Kraaz laughs and nods.
<Kraaz> Right. We'll claim our dead, of course, and perhaps some of the Osoro or others are worthy, but you'll have your pick.
* Laris nods.
<Laris> It is appreciated.
<Kraaz> Korivan should really do that, but I guess the rest of the Booyagh can handle it.
<Kraaz> Your troops did well, too.
<Kraaz> I hadn't seen them in action before.
<Kraaz> Is that on them, or on Magus Rufus?
<Laris> Some of both, I would say. It's certainly in large part due to his skills, but they do... improve with time, like living soldiers can.
<Laris> It's good to have his aid again.
<Kraaz> He seems like a good warrior. A good soldier.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> I thought he would be more distant, like the booyagh can get, but he's like a regular warrior.
<Kraaz> Drinks like one, too, when he's a mind to.
* Kraaz smiles.
<Kraaz> Good man to have around.
<Laris> He is. The military training strips away all the ... extraneous matters of ceremony, down to just the basic essentials.
* Kraaz shrugs and shakes his head.
<Kraaz> Your people, your ways. I guess if your ancestors don't mind, not my place to mind for them.
<Laris> It's not how things would be done at home, in a more formal context. But when you're on the battlefield, there's little time for ritual... woo-woo.
* Laris chooses Rufus' word for it.
* Kraaz grins.
<Kraaz> "Woo-woo." I like it.
<Kraaz> A little woo-woo isn't a bad thing, though. Good for morale.
* Laris nods
* Kraaz looks out at the troops.
<Kraaz> What do you think? Give them a day to rest, then start pushing west?
<Laris> If you think we'll be secure here to rest, yes.
<Laris> The Osoro won't devise some plan to ambush us in the middle of the night or something.
<Kraaz> Oh, they might if we wait too long, but I don't think they'll come back tonight.
<Laris> Then a day seems prudent.
<Kraaz> I'd make sure the river is watched, though, just in case.
<Kraaz> Hmm.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> We might need to send some troops west now. There's those old ruins to the west, old imperial outpost, I think. They won't stand up like Nesu Abamatu, but if Iaga digs in there...
* Laris considers that
<Laris> Many of my troops do not require rest in the same way. Their commanders do, but the soldiers, less so.
<Kraaz> My troops do, but we could push it if we need to.
<Laris> We could set off in the morning, and you could follow by the next day - with your mounted troops you'd likely gain on us anyway.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> That could work.
<Laris> You'll have your Gaath back by then, too >.>
<Kraaz> Yeah, and then he'll need to sleep.
* Kraaz says, smiling.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> We'll throw him over a horse, he'll be fine.
<Laris> Well... good.
<Laris> If you can spare a few scouts, though, it would be appreciated. If any are fresh enough to go along with us tomorrow, that is.
<Laris> They'll be more able to see what the Osoro are up to - more familiar with the land, and able to move more swiftly.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> We could, but I'll ask Montano first. They're more familiar with the land.
<Laris> Very well. If they can send scouts, that would be valuable too. Whichever is more well-rested and able to travel.
<Kraaz> Right.
<Laris> My troops are capable of many things, but scouting isn't their function. ... but I should see where Harbinger might have gotten to >.>
<Kraaz> That one...
<Kraaz> I don't dislike him, but, like I said, I don't like dealing with spirits any more than I have to.
<Laris> He felt it was important for him to be on this campaign. That he had a role to play. I don't think it's my place to gainsay the Lady's chosen.
<Kraaz> No, I wouldn't want to cross the gods.
<Kraaz> Especially after they oversaw this victory of ours.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Enjoy your celebration, and get some rest if you can.
<Kraaz> I'll get some.
* Kraaz says in a conciliatory tone.
<Laris> Very well.
<Kraaz> You as well, Dominus. Preparation and worry are two different things.
<Kraaz> Don't let the second keep you up.
<Laris> A good battle, Gaath Kraaz, and a good start. Let's continue this conversation in the ruins of the Osoro.
<Kraaz> (Gaath? ;))
<Laris> (er, Hraal. was still thinking about Korivan there ;)
* Kraaz grins.
<Kraaz> I'll drink to that.
* Laris nods and will head off to look for Harbinger, but if he doesn't find him pretty soon, will just head off to collapse in his tent for a bit ;)
<Kraaz> (Yeah, Harbinger is oddly absent that evening...)
<Laris> (I sort of figured he might be)
<Laris> (I'll trust Rufus can figure out a) how best to reinforce our troops with what materials we have available, and b) that he should also get some rest at some point ;)
<Kraaz> (Legit)

Korivan bargains with the River


* River_Spirit 's 'dwelling', as it were, seems to be a grotto, not unlike many found along the coast here (and a few in the higher stony banks of the river), illuminated by a diffuse light with no discernible source.
<River_Spirit> Ah, youth. The wave and the rock at once.
* River_Spirit says in a satisfied tone during a lull in the hard-to-parse sensory overload of the spirit's attention.
<River_Spirit> Unusual for one of your age to speak for your people, no?
<Korivan> I speak with the voice of the ancestors
<Korivan> Or.... the counsel me
<Korivan> (they)
<River_Spirit> So I have communed with the Hrieffen as whole, as well as in part.
<River_Spirit> Interesting.
* Korivan nods
<River_Spirit> And that has to do with this?
* River_Spirit lays a hand on Korivan's dragonmark, which glows in response.
<Korivan> Dragon magic.
<River_Spirit> (Or seems to, at least How much of this is happening on what plane, you're not entirely sure of.)
<River_Spirit> Yes, the gods' firstborn.
<River_Spirit> Powerful folk, though lessened these days.
<River_Spirit> Their champions fallen, enslaved, or absconded.
<Korivan> You know of that?
<River_Spirit> We of the world are duty bound to watch such happenings.
<River_Spirit> Pacts must be honored.
<Korivan> what pacts?
* River_Spirit gives you an appraising look.
<River_Spirit> One we're not meant to speak of lightly.
<River_Spirit> How much would you like to know?
* Xandhil is now known as Korivan
* Korivan grins slyly as he considers
* Lan_phone is now known as Korivan_
<Korivan_> I am... Very intrigued. But other matters concern me more now, so perhaps that is something to pursue... another time?
<River_Spirit> If you wish.
<River_Spirit> What matters concern you now?
<Korivan> we won the battle...
<Korivan> Our enemies fled
* River_Spirit nods.
<Korivan> My people will want to pursue.
<River_Spirit> As is your way.
<River_Spirit> You'll need to leave, I suppose.
<Korivan> They will need me, yes... when my time here is through
<River_Spirit> Isn't it nice here? Restful?
<Korivan> Now is not the time to rest
* Korivan says, moving towards her
<Korivan> (or I guess she's not that far. Snuggling up more, anyway ;)
<River_Spirit> Hmph
<River_Spirit> Mortals. Always in a hurry.
<River_Spirit> I suppose I should make the most of the time I have, then.
* River_Spirit will move to do so. ;)
<Korivan> Very restful @_@
* Korivan says as we lay entangled....some time later
<River_Spirit> It's good for the soul.
* River_Spirit says slyly.
<Korivan> mmm....but whose?
* Korivan asks, semi-teasing
* River_Spirit laughs at that.
<River_Spirit> Oh, come now. Surely you know why that's a silly question.
<Korivan> (do I? >.>)
<River_Spirit> (Hmm, fair question. Roll Knowledge?)
<Korivan> (education count?)
<Korivan> (for a bonus I mean)
<River_Spirit> (Uh, sure)
<Korivan> (12)
<Korivan> (not my best but enh)
<River_Spirit> (I'm going to say the concept is a little outside Korivan's wheelhouse on this one.)
<River_Spirit> (It's sort theologically esoteric)
<Korivan> ....humor me.
<River_Spirit> Hmm. Shall we make a game of it? A question for a question?
<Korivan> Very well
<River_Spirit> Hmm, what shall I ask?
<River_Spirit> Why do you think the Conqueror chose your people as his own?
<River_Spirit> (Actually, sorry, she would say Bane here.)
<Korivan> We embody what he values... strenght, challenge, the fight. We adapt and we overcome.
* River_Spirit seems to consider that.
<River_Spirit> That seems reasonable.
<River_Spirit> Well, I keep my word.
<River_Spirit> The reason I laughed was that I do not have a soul.
* Korivan nods
<River_Spirit> Not as your people reckon them, at least.
<Korivan> I see...
<River_Spirit> I'm more like...if your title had its own consciousness.
* Korivan nods, because that makes sense even i he doens't necessaryly have the words to explain it
<Korivan> YOu are wholly what you are
* River_Spirit nods.
<River_Spirit> I am the whole of the river, and no single part of it.
<River_Spirit> You are your people, as well as yourself.
<Korivan> Yes, I see
<Korivan> Shall we play again?
<River_Spirit> If you wish.
<River_Spirit> You may ask your question first.
* Korivan thinks for a moment
<Korivan> What can you tell me of the Osoro's forces, now that they have tasted defeat?
* River_Spirit muses.
<River_Spirit> They are regrouping, though I do not think effectively. This day will determine whether they continue to exist at all, though it will take time for those ripples to be seen.
<River_Spirit> But they do not yet believe they are defeated, and may be more dangerous for that.
<River_Spirit> They fancy themselves the otter, but they are more the serpent.
* Korivan nods, musing on that answer that is really just theb sort of thing he shoudl have expected
<Korivan> YOur turn then...
<River_Spirit> Hmm...
<River_Spirit> Why did you choose to attack the Osoro?
<Korivan> To strengthen alliances and to please Bane. To collect tribute for the ancestors. Because they controlled trade too tightly... and because our warriors were restless. Many reasons.
<River_Spirit> These are all *your* reasons?
<Korivan> In the end.... it is not my choice at all. It is the Hraal who decides.
<River_Spirit> Hmm. Perhaps he should be here, instead.
* River_Spirit says teasingly.
<Korivan> But I support this decision, and that is why.
* River_Spirit nods.
<Korivan> Kraaz strengths as a lover might not serve you as well.
<River_Spirit> Neither the wave nor the rock, as it were?
* Korivan shrugs
<Korivan> He is where he needs to be... and I am here.
<River_Spirit> Indeed.
<River_Spirit> Though you could be more here, I think.
* River_Spirit moves to avail herself again of Korivan's 'services'

May and Marcus get more intimately acquainted


* May will come to check on Marcus the evening after the battle while he is recuperating from his leg wound in his cabin.
<May> (Repeated for Heather's benefit ;) )
<Marcus> (I believe he has a small cabin somewhere on the Drake. Room for a cot and enough space to walk to it, I would imagine.)
<Marcus> (brb)
* May will knock before entering, of course.
<Marcus> Come in.
* Marcus says from inside.
* May will poke her head in and then enter, closing the door behind her.
<May> How are you feeling?
* Marcus is sitting on his cot, leg extended out from him.
<Marcus> Oh, Domina!
<Marcus> Uh, forgive me for not standing.
* May laughs
<Marcus> I am well enough, thank you.
<Marcus> Yourself?
<May> Please... you can call me May when we're alone. I think you've earned that much at least.
<Marcus> As you wish, May.
* Marcus smiles.
* May smiles.
<May> You... were very brave today.
<Marcus> Captain D'Azzure and Lady Meghan were brave. I did my duty.
<May> You're being modest. You probably saved my life several times over.
<Marcus> You're too kind.
* Marcus blushes, easily visible on his pale skin.
<May> May I?
<Marcus> (paler than normal, really, but not too far off)
* May will gesture at the cot next to him
<Marcus> Please, by all means.
* May will sit down
* Marcus scoots over to make sure there's room, though there's not much.
* Marcus winces a little as he does so, but tries to cover it.
<May> I'm sorry you got injured because of me. Next time I'll make sure to keep myself further back from the actual fighting. I'm not going to be winning any wars with my bow.
<Marcus> You had several shafts that were well-struck, but, yes, I would imagine your military strengths lie elsewhere.
* May laughs.
<May> Now you're being too kind.
* Marcus smiles again.
<Marcus> I'm sure plenty of Curadh would not make that claim of us.
<Marcus> And I did not get injured because of you. I got injured instead of you, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.
<Marcus> I'd gladly do it again.
<May> I hope you'll never need to.
<Marcus> That seems...optimistic.
<May> But it's nice to know that I have someone so... dedicated to my protection.
<Marcus> I live to serve, Dom...May.
<May> I hope that's not all you live to do.
* Marcus seems to consider that seriously, actually.
<Marcus> It is, though it is not the only thing I do, I suppose.
<Marcus> I am my Queen's sworn blade.
<Marcus> But that is not all I am.
* Marcus smiles.
<May> That's good. Everyone needs hobbies ;)
* Marcus grins now, his fangs still showing a bit more than normal.
* May 's smile fades slightly.
<May> Does it hurt a lot? Have the medics been taking care of it?
<Marcus> It's not so much.
<Marcus> And, yes, they've been perfectly attentive.
<Marcus> I'll be fine in no time.
<May> I'll be honest, I'd probably be screaming for a sleep spell.
<May> (ritual...)
* Marcus shrugs.
<Marcus> I'll be alright.
<Marcus> And I'm sure you're stronger than you're giving yourself credit for.
<May> Oh I have my strengths. Stoicism in the face of pain is not one of them.
* Marcus nods conciliatorily, smiling.
<Marcus> Also, it's not the first time I've been shot. Perhaps I should get better at dodging.
<May> You definitely should. Especially if you want to be guarding me in a more permanent role.
<May> I wouldn't want to have to replace a consort because they were too slow to duck.
* Marcus grins.
<Marcus> I would like to point out, at least, that I was hit in the leg. Ducking was not my problem.
<Marcus> But I take your meaning.
<May> Well... jump, then.
<May> ;)
<May> I just wanted you to konw that I deeply appreciate your bravery on my part today. I will make sure that it is recognized when we return.
<May> But for now... this will have to do...
* May will lean over and gently kiss him.
<May> (On the mouth. None of this cheek shit)
<Marcus> (hee)
* Marcus will definitely kiss back.
* May will linger for a minute and then pull away.
<May> Thank you.
* Marcus meets May's eyes, his own bright red now, rather than their usual green.
<Marcus> You are welcome, Domina May.
* May will stand, blushing a bit.
<Marcus> Forgive me, but it is probably best you take your leave now.
* Marcus is breathing deeply, eyeing May with an unusual intensity.
* May will bite her lip slightly.
<May> What would happen if I didn't?
* Marcus closes his eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath, but his gaze doesn't diminish when he opens them.
<Marcus> How much do you know of my people?
<May> Enough.
<Marcus> Then I think it is up to you to find out what would happen if you stay.
* May will take a step towards him.
<May> I've always been too curious for my own good.
* Marcus 's eyes flash hungrily.
* May will lean down into him and kiss him again.
* Marcus will give an unexpectedly ferocious growl and pull May down onto the bed with him.
<Marcus> (Good there, I assume?)
<May> (Yes :3 )