Homoventures Chapter 4, Part 7

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 4, Part 7 Next

Summary

The boys decide to explore the lake bed as Imbros to see if there is any truth to Athos's story by taking advantage of their abilities to change their shape. They find the ruins of a small settlement, and Xan charms a local aquatic creature, which gives them a tour of the area. They find a magical obelisk dedicated to Orelius which grants them swiftness of the horse once activated. They trade a sheep to the crabturtle creature for some artifacts it had collected from its home in one of the inundated buildings.

Session

Session date: July 15, 2014
Diablotin date: Spring 2275


<DiablotinNarrator> You and Justen sleep well at the inn - it's not as noisy after midnight as the ones in the city, people here seem to go to bed at a more reasonable hour ;)
<DiablotinNarrator> In the morning, did you have anything you wanted to do before you set out to the lake?
<Xandhil> breakfast?
Justen agrees that is an excellent plan
Xandhil wants to make sure we can stash our stuff at the inn still while we're out
<DiablotinNarrator> The innkeeper can serve you a morning meal of porridge and fresh oranges
<DiablotinNarrator> And it's fine if you want to leave your stuff, if you're planning to stay another night?
<Xandhil> prooobably
<Xandhil> we can pay for one ust in case
<DiablotinNarrator> okay, that will be fine
<Xandhil> unless the in is really stuipid expensive, we can probably swing it
<DiablotinNarrator> nah
<DiablotinNarrator> it's just a little inn, and it's the less-fancy one in the village, even
<DiablotinNarrator> probably a gold or two will be ample
<Xandhil> keen
<Xandhil> that's all easily sorted then
<Xandhil> in which case - lake-ho :D
Justen has a question
<Justen> Should I take my armor and my flail? Will I even be able to use those?
<Xandhil> is your armour magic?
<Xandhil> I can't remember ;p
<Justen> Yeah
<Justen> so at least it won't be ruined by going in the water
Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> I don't know about a flail underwater
<Xandhil> it might be harder to use
<Justen> well, I could find a spear or something else like that, maybe
<Xandhil> you wanna use my sword?
<Justen> a poking weapon
<Justen> oh, yeah, that could work :)
<Xandhil> its a pretty sweet sword ;p
<Justen> well, if you're okay with that
<Xandhil> pretty... keen... even :V
Justen grins
Xandhil will hand it to him
Justen gives it a few practice swings
<Justen> it's so light :3
Xandhil probably sorted through stuff in the bag of holding the night before, and will leave most of the basic geari in the room unless it might be handy underwater/won't get ruined
<Justen> (makes sense)
Justen also debates over taking his cloak of resistance
<Justen> it might look all billowy and cool - or it might just get tangled up in things :p
<Justen> I can probably live without it
<Xandhil> yeah
<Justen> All right, I guess I'm ready
<Justen> want to go skinny-dipping? ;)
<Xandhil> heh
<Xandhil> I think we're planning on more than dipping ;p
<Justen> true
Justen makes sure his hair is braided too, for avoiding hair-in-the-face
Xandhil too - braided and pinned up
<Xandhil> so - sea elf foer you, and merfolk for me? ^-^
<Justen> well, I've never seen a sea elf before - can you be one first so I can see what they look like?
<Justen> if you want to be a merXan after, that's cool though
<Xandhil> welll, this is from Father's book descriptions
<Xandhil> so hopefully it is right enough
Justen nods
<Xandhil> if you feel like you re not breathing ight underwater, let me know
Xandhil will do his best sea-elf
Justen examines you, paying close attention to the gills on your neck
Justen gives them a kiss for good measure
<Xandhil> heh that feels weird
<Xandhil> there are gills on the ribs too
Xandhil shows you
<Justen> oh, weird
<Justen> okay
<Justen> I'll give it a try
Justen closes his eyes for a second and turns into a reasonable facsimile of a sea elf - although still rather looking like himself too, apart from the gills and the bluish skin, which makes an interesting contrast with his red hair
Xandhil smiles
<Xandhil> very nice
<Xandhil> although hmmmmm
<Xandhil> I woner if the breastplate over the lower gills will be a problem
<Xandhil> we can try it and see I guess?
<Justen> (his breastplate? he's in chainmail, so it's fairly flexible at least)
<Xandhil> (oh n/m)
<Xandhil> (
I
have a breastplate, hah)
Xandhil is ooc not sure how mythril does with water
<DiablotinNarrator> I... also don't know, but I would imagine it's pretty resistant to it.
<DiablotinNarrator> I'll check if the book says anything useful
<Xandhil> (srd doens't say)
<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, nothing helpful. I'm going to assume that it's highly resistant to water at the least - maybe if you left it sitting at the bottom of the lake for years it wouldn't be so hot, but it should be fine for a short excursion
<DiablotinNarrator> (heh I remembered I have the pdfs of all the books... I'm just peeking in the underwater adventure book to see if it says anything useful ;)
<Xandhil> (hee)
<DiablotinNarrator> (nope, just cool stuff for aquatic types of armor - chitin, shell, sharkskin, etc.)
<DiablotinNarrator> (living coral @_@ to which you can graft stinging polyps)
<Xandhil> (eek)
<Xandhil> (which I almost typed as eelk hee)
<DiablotinNarrator> (heh, appropriate)
<DiablotinNarrator> (anyway - we won't worry about your armor ;)
<Xandhil> (keen)
Justen waits to see what you're going to turn into ^-^
Xandhil isn't goign to do it until we are at the lake :V
<Xandhil> (unless we are already, I wasn't sure)
<DiablotinNarrator> (oh, I was figuring we had gone there, but I guess we never actually said that)
DiablotinNarrator will wait to change until we're at the lake too >.>
<DiablotinNarrator> (er, Justen will)
<Xandhil> (enh. whatever - I though Justen might just be practicing ;)
<Justen> (fair, he can switch back for walking there, so he doesn't have to answer awkward questions from villagers)
<Xandhil> (yeah)
<Justen> Where do we want to go? A bit away from the village, I assume?
Justen asks as you walk
<Xandhil> yeah
<Xandhil> out of sight >.>
Justen nods
<Justen> There's some trees in that direction, maybe we can go past those
<Xandhil> sure
Justen heads in that direction, then
Xandhil goes with
<Xandhil> I hope this is not just totally boring with nthing but weird underwater plants
<Justen> well, even if that's all it is, I've never been able to breathe underwater before, so that'll be kind of neat.
<Xandhil> yeah, fair ^-^
Justen arrives at a more sheltered area away from the sight of villagers, and will change his shape again
Xandhil heads up to the water and will turn into a merman with a pretty green/blue tail
<DiablotinNarrator> look at you, all colour-coordinated and stuff
<DiablotinNarrator> ;)
Justen admires your new look
<Justen> (er that was Justen talking too)
<Xandhil> heh heh heh
<Xandhil> you could you know, if you wanted to ;p
Xandhil slips into the water
Xandhil hesitates briefly before trying this whoe gill-breathing thing @_@
Justen as well
<Justen> weird...
<Xandhil> yeah
Xandhil tries talking underwater to see how that goes @_@
Justen 's voice also sounds odd underwater, but you can make it out okay when you're close to him, at least
Xandhil assumes his is the same
<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah)
<DiablotinNarrator> The water here is relatively warm (although cool compared to the heat of the air) and there is a rocky shoreline that turns into silt and weeds the further out you go
<Xandhil> where do you want to go first?
Xandhil looks around underwater to see how well he can see and figure out how hard it is to orient himself
<DiablotinNarrator> You have about a 40 ft line of sight, after that it gets too murky to see. This of course could change if anything stirs up the silt.
Xandhil wonders if that would make it hard to breathe
Xandhil mostly doens't want to loose sight of which way is up
<DiablotinNarrator> The lake seems like it gets pretty deep towards the middle, but you can't tell how deep yet
<DiablotinNarrator> Light comes from up, so that helps a bit, at least here where it's still fairly shallow.
<DiablotinNarrator> if you went down really deep, then it might be harder to tell, yeah
<Xandhil> alright - head straight in?skirt around the edges some?
Justen shrugs
<Justen> It seems like if there's interesting stuff, it may be in the deeper parts, otherwise someone woudl have found it by now.
<Justen> I mean, at this depth, humans can swim down and look around if they want - or things would wash to shore.
<Justen> like that sword that Athos mentioned
<Xandhil> alright then - lets go :D
<Justen> okay :)
Justen paddles pretty well with his webbed fingers but he probably can't go as fast as you with your tail :)
Xandhil will try not to get too far ahead, swimmig around him some
<Justen> show off ;)
<Xandhil> ^-^
<DiablotinNarrator> (you have a swim speed of 50, he has 30 ;)
<Xandhil> only for you
Justen grins
<DiablotinNarrator> fortunately your darkvision will help with the lack of light in the deeper parts of the lake
<DiablotinNarrator> or low-light.. I forget which you have. Justen has darkvision ;)
<Xandhil> (low, but wouldn't I get whatecer merpeople have?)
<DiablotinNarrator> (true, lemme check what they have)
<DiablotinNarrator> (also low-light)
<DiablotinNarrator> so that'll help
<Xandhil> (phone)
<DiablotinNarrator> ('k, going to run to the bathroom then)
<DiablotinNarrator> (back)
<DiablotinNarrator> There are some fish here, but they all scatter when they notice you coming
<Xandhil> (fair ;p)
<DiablotinNarrator> So you want to head to the bottom and look around there, yes?
<Xandhil> (yes!)
<DiablotinNarrator> OKay - you can get on roll20 to see what you can see :)
Xandhil wonders if anything worth seeing might be buried under sand
<Xandhil> (and then I charm a monster so it is chillin' with us instead of trying to eat us while we investigate a magic obelisk!)
Justen keeps a wary eye on the crab-turtle nevertheless
NPC1 is now known as Crabturtle
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: what was that?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): What are you doing here?
<Xandhil> (says the creature)
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: We're exploring
<Xandhil> we heard there was a big batle here a lomg long time agi, and that it was all covered over by this lake
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): Do you have any food?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: what do you eat?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): fish mostly
<Xandhil> but I like lots of different things
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: no, they all ran away from us
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): oh well
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: do you know anything about this stuff?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo gestures at the obelisk and the structure
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I know there's more of those piled-up rocks
<Xandhil> but that tall rock is the only one like that
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: cool
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I live in one of the other piled-up-rocks-places
<Xandhil> it's good shelter
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: I bet!
<Xandhil> are there others like you around?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): some
<Xandhil> I'm the biggest though
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: well.. you re pretty big!
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it seems pleased with that, if you can gauge emotions on a turtle-crab ;)
<Xandhil> it's back over here, do you want to see?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: Maybe in a bit - I wanna finish looking at this obelisk. Where is it?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it gestures with a large claw off in the direction it came from)
<Xandhil> that way, not far
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: okay cool.
<Xandhil> we can meet you over there if you dont want to wait, but I don't think we'll be very long
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I'll just watch what you're doing.
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: sure.
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it sidles up beside you)
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo is confident is his day/lvevl duration spell :V
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (how YOU doin)
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: (hee)
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): are there more of you?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: No, just us!
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo says, looking back at the obelisk
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo probably needs to recast his DM, having lost concentration
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo says to Justen in Aveyronais, "it's going to wait while we look at this for a bit and then show us the structire where it lives. My charm should last, uh... like a week? but the language one will only last about another hour"
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier nods
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier: it seems... friendly at least?
<Xandhil> for now?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: yeah, that's the spell. Otherwise it might try to eat us, I think
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier: fair
Xandhil (Lan-lazing@74.196.224.254) Quit (Excess Flood�)
Attempting to rejoin channel #gnomeland
Rejoined channel #gnomeland
Topic is 'Diablotin, land of the Clelesgtioan poets.�'
Set by BalthCat on Fri Jun 29 05:25:12 2012
<Xandhil> (>.>)
<DiablotinNarrator> (oops)
<Xandhil> (did it all come through?)
<DiablotinNarrator> (nope, only up to "it was all covered over by this lake")
<Xandhil> (sec. let me paste it in chunks then)
<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): Do you have any food?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: what do you eat?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): fish mostly
<Xandhil> but I like lots of different things
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: no, they all ran away from us
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): oh well
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: do you know anything about this stuff?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo gestures at the obelisk and the structure
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I know there's more of those piled-up rocks
<Xandhil> but that tall rock is the only one like that
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: cool
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I live in one of the other piled-up-rocks-places
<Xandhil> it's good shelter
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: I bet!
<Xandhil> are there others like you around?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): some
<Xandhil> I'm the biggest though
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: well.. you re pretty big!
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it seems pleased with that, if you can gauge emotions on a turtle-crab ;)
<Xandhil> it's back over here, do you want to see?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: Maybe in a bit - I wanna finish looking at this obelisk. Where is it?
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it gestures with a large claw off in the direction it came from)
<Xandhil> that way, not far
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: okay cool.
<Xandhil> we can meet you over there if you dont want to wait, but I don't think we'll be very long
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): I'll just watch what you're doing.
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: sure.
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (it sidles up beside you)
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo is confident is his day/lvevl duration spell :V
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): (how YOU doin)
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: (hee)
<Xandhil> Nary R. (GM): are there more of you?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: No, just us!
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo says, looking back at the obelisk
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo probably needs to recast his DM, having lost concentration
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo says to Justen in Aveyronais, "it's going to wait while we look at this for a bit and then show us the structire where it lives. My charm should last, uh... like a week? but the language one will only last about another hour"
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier nods
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier: it seems... friendly at least?
<Xandhil> for now?
<Xandhil> Xandhil Orecalo: yeah, that's the spell. Otherwise it might try to eat us, I think
<Xandhil> Justen Olivier: fair
<DiablotinNarrator> (yay, thanks!)
<DiablotinNarrator> (sorry, just looking up what school of magic I want for this ;)
<DiablotinNarrator> The magic on the stone is weak illusion and abjuration - probably something to preserve it. The illusion part you're less certain about.
<Xandhil> huh
<Justen> what is it?
Xandhil could try dispelling i, but doens't want to ruin the protection
<Xandhil> abjuration, which makes sense for why i is so well protected
<Xandhil> and illusion? weak illusion though
<Xandhil> (Can I make K:arcana? or did you already roll for me?)
<Justen> (you can make a roll to try and make an educated guess)
<Xandhil> !roll 1d20+17
@BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 37 ].
<Xandhil> (:D)
<DiablotinNarrator> OKay
<DiablotinNarrator> You can rule out most of the things that would mean the stone itself is an illusion, since it's plainly
there
.
Xandhil was womdering if the text might be iillusory or something similar
<DiablotinNarrator> Some options might be - Magic Mouth, which would have to be triggered by some specific condition; a spell to mislead Divinations (Nondetection would be most likely, since you
were
able to use DM on it); Illusory Script (although you don't seem to have triggered that if so)
<Xandhil> hmmmm
<Xandhil> maybe magic mouth...
<Xandhil> that would be cool
Xandhil looks it over more carefully, reading it and looking at the glyphs
<DiablotinNarrator> The text as best as you can translate it is: "This stone marks the fall of the horse-lord Orelius, may his name be ever remembered with glory. His loyal servants Epher, Tenek, Seri raised this stone in his memory."
<DiablotinNarrator> Then you get some carvings of horses around the base
Xandhil digs doiwn a little to see if that really is the base
<DiablotinNarrator> You can shove your hand down about another six or eight inches or so into the silt, but there's nothing else carved that low.
Xandhil touches it
<Xandhil> I don't know how to make it work :/
<Justen> :/
<Justen> Maybe it depends on a certain ... I don't know, certain person or type of person?
Xandhil sees if there are any hidden spots or anything
<Xandhil> maybe, yeah
<Justen> we probably don't even show up as human to it, if that's what it's looking for.
<Xandhil> I could
<Xandhil> it might be a terrible plan >.>
<Justen> could what?
<Xandhil> cahnge back for a moment?
<Justen> hmm
<Justen> would that affect the spell on Pinchy there?
<Xandhil> it shouldn't
<Justen> well.. okay
<Justen> should I hold onto you in case we need to swim for it, though?
<Xandhil> yes
Justen will wrap his arms around your waist, then
<Xandhil>
<aq> (to pinchy) Just a sec, I'm going to do something weird.
Xandhil breathes out the water from his lungs as much as he can before changing back to human
<Xandhil> ("human" - lets be fair I'm not 100% sure Xan counts as human >.>)
<Justen> (heh)
<DiablotinNarrator> okay, what are you doing once you change back?
Xandhil will touch it?
<DiablotinNarrator> It remains the same
Xandhil tries real human before he needs to re-enfish to breathe>.>
<DiablotinNarrator> No change
<Justen> no luck? :/
Justen asks once you're breathing again
<DiablotinNarrator> (mrr?)
<Xandhil> no
<Xandhil> I don't know :/
<Xandhil> maybe it isn't magic mouth
<Justen> What does it actually say?
<Justen> the words, I mean
<Xandhil> "This stone marks the fall of the horse-lord Orelius, may his name be ever remembered with glory. His loyal servants Epher, Tenek, Seri raised this stone in his memory."
<DiablotinNarrator> When you say the name 'Orelius' a voice begins to speak, the words coming out sort of bubbly but clear enough.
<Xandhil> pfft
Xandhil listens though
<DiablotinNarrator> "Wanderer, you speak his name with reverence. May you be blessed with the swiftness of the horse always."
<DiablotinNarrator> (the voice is in Psyrene, ftr)
<Xandhil> huh
<Justen> that was it? the name?
<Xandhil> I think so yes
<Justen> man, should I say it too? or does it only work the once, or what?
<Xandhil> find out?
<Xandhil> I don't know if it will say anything different
<Justen> Orelius?
Justen tries, feeling a bit goofy
<DiablotinNarrator> The voice repeats its message
<Justen> ...cool
<Xandhil> yay, blessing of... a possibly long dead...maybe god
<Justen> does it do anything or is it, uh, metaphorical blessing?
<Xandhil> I don't know - do you feel any faster?
<Justen> let me try?
Justen swims off a short distance, then back again. He does seem slightly faster to you!
<Xandhil> neat!
<Xandhil> maybe a litle faster?
<Justen> yeah, I felt a bit faster
<Xandhil> cool
<Justen> I wonder how long it lasts.
<Xandhil> always? :V
<Xandhil> who knows
Justen nods
Xandhil shrugs and turns to pinchy
<Xandhil> "if you can say "Orelius" it will make you faster. but we're ready to go whenever"
Crabturtle can't really make the sounds in Aquan, alas
<Crabturtle> Let me show you around :D
Crabturtle heads off back in the direction it came from, through the thick weeds there
<Crabturtle> (I'll show you the rest of the map, so you see where I mean ;)
Crabturtle 's 'house' is the structure in the lower right corner
<Xandhil> cool - nice place
<Xandhil> do you ever find anything in the sand?
<Crabturtle> Oh yes, sometimes. I can show you.
<Xandhil> that would be great!
Crabturtle rustles around in the weeds and pulls out some stuff - some pieces of bronze armor, green with age, and an arm ring that is probably gold, and some pretty shells and rocks, and a bowl that looks to be made out of blue-green stone
<Xandhil> oooh pretty
Xandhil picks up the bowl and arm ring
<Crabturtle> you like those?
<Xandhil> hey, can we have these? There's gotta be a tone of other cool stuff here that you coudl find, but we can't stay for very long.
<Xandhil> yeah, they are very nice finds!
<Crabturtle> well....could we trade for them?
<Crabturtle> If you can get me some kind of food other than fish, I'll let you have them.
<Crabturtle> like... a sheep. I got a sheep once, that was great.
<Xandhil> (was looking up spells)
Xandhil turns to Justen
<Xandhil> he wants a sheep. I could try more spells to get him to just give it to us :p
<Xandhil> (it)
<Justen> or we could just get it a sheep... how expensive can a sheep be?
<Xandhil> fair
<Xandhil> it doens't have to be a good sheep :p
Justen chuckles
<Justen> is cooked okay? I'm sure we can get that
<Xandhil> but we only have about (time) left on the communication spell
<Justen> ask it to meet us at the surface with the stuff and we'll bring a sheep?
<Xandhil> (it is 10min/lvl)
<Xandhil> okay
Xandhil will relay this
<Justen> I'm sure we won't be able to talk to it by then, but it'll understand - it'll still be friendly, anyway?
<Xandhil> yeah
Crabturtle agrees to this plan, although it seems a bit cautious about coming to the surface
<Xandhil> we'll stay away freom where there are people
<Crabturtle> okay
<Justen> ready to go, then?
Justen asks you
<Xandhil> I guess..
Xandhil takes another quick swim around the struxtur, takign some mental notes on the construction >.>
<Xandhil> (quicker than usua? ;)
<Xandhil> (how does that even work?
<DiablotinNarrator> (heh. your base speed is increased by 10')
<Xandhil> (nice! swim spoeed of 90 @_@)
<Xandhil> (is it permanent?)
<DiablotinNarrator> (swim speed of 60...)
<DiablotinNarrator> (90 would be a bit extreme @_@)
<Xandhil> (I misread earlier, I thught you;d said 80)
<DiablotinNarrator> (oh, heh. no, 50)
<DiablotinNarrator> but yes - permanent, as far as you know anyway :)
<Xandhil> (keen!)
<DiablotinNarrator> You can return to the surface, where Pinchy will hang out while you go find a sheep...
<Xandhil> what's the best way to do this...
Xandhil turns back into himself
Justen as well
<Justen> probably buying a live sheep is a bit suspicious...
<Xandhil> butcher? Find a shepherd?
<Justen> butcher might work best, yeah
<Justen> say we're planning a roast :p
<Xandhil> okay
<DiablotinNarrator> (SRD says a sheep is going to cost you 2 gold but I don't know if I believe that ;)
<Xandhil> (possibly not in sheep country ;)
<DiablotinNarrator> (but it still isn't going to break the bank or anything)
<DiablotinNarrator> (true, true)
<DiablotinNarrator> you spend a few gold on a very nice sheep carcass @_@
Justen will lug it back to the lake
<Xandhil> (I was making sure I didn't have any helpful spels, but I don't - lug away, muscles ;)
Justen delivers the sheep to a very happy Pinchy.
Crabturtle scuttles off into the lake with its prize, leaving you with the bowl and the arm band.
Crabturtle waves a claw to you before disappearing
<Xandhil> oh man, sweet
Xandhil waves back
<Justen> what are they?
<Justen> other than a bowl and an arm-band.
<Xandhil> no idea:D
Xandhil casts detect magic just in case
<Xandhil> but the bronze probably woudln't survive very well out of the water
<Xandhil> giold is more durable... and stone
<DiablotinNarrator> the arm-band radiates faint transmutation. The bowl doesn't radiate magic, but it is pretty.
<DiablotinNarrator> it could use some cleaning though ;)
<Xandhil> a little magical
<Justen> should I try it on?
<Xandhil> go for it
Justen slides it on, then
<Xandhil> maybe it is enlarge person
<Xandhil> Giant Justen ^-^
<Justen> hah
<Justen> I can be as giant as you want, baby.
<Xandhil> double your size >:D
<Justen> (there's no visible change)
<Justen> I can wear it for a while, see if anything happens I guess? it might be something you don't notice until you're in a fight
<Xandhil> yeah
<Xandhil> I can look at it and try and figure it out later too
<Xandhil> make a short list of things it could be, anyway
Justen nods
<Justen> well, was that more interesting than plants?
<Xandhil> way!
<Xandhil> and it isn't
too
late
<Xandhil> want to get some lunch?
<Justen> sure - as long as the butcher doesn't ask why we're not eating our delicious sheep.
<Xandhil> maybe we can find Athos and tell him what we found, and go see that wisewoman if we head out this afternoon?
<Justen> Sure - I bet he'd be interested to hear about it.
<Justen> I was considering trying to seduce you while we were underwater, but .. with that tail, I'm not even sure how that works ;)
<Xandhil> yeah me either @_@
<Justen> still, it might be fun sometime
<Justen> if we were both sea elves ;)
Justen gives you a kiss before heading back into the village
<Xandhil> sometime
<Xandhil> put those gills to good use ^-^
Justen nods
<Justen> could do that even without the water, I guess ;)
<Xandhil> possibly
<Xandhil> maybe less fun though
<Xandhil> all floaty...
<Justen> yeah, the floatiness would be half the fun
<Justen> mmm... maybe a nap before we give up our room? >.>
<Xandhil> yes
<Xandhil> that sounds great
<Xandhil> after all that swimming,,,,
Justen smiles
<Justen> I didn't necessarily mean for sleeping, but if you prefer... ^-^
Xandhil rolls his eyes
<Xandhil> maybe a nap first
<Xandhil> you can wake me up however you like ^-^
<Justen> sounds good :)
Justen will have some lunch at the inn with you, then, and you can retire for a nap afterwards