Diablotin 3 session 76

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 76 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: June 17, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> My first and clearly most important question is, is anyone giving Servan a weapon? I just want to know how/if he's going to factor into this fight :)

<Malqatar> Ummm... I got a spare dagger I use for opening letters.

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah I wasn't sure who might have a weapon to spare

<DiablotinNarrator> (assuming you're even willing to let him have one ;)

<Malqatar> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> he'd prefer a gun but he's not picky

<Malqatar> I only have the one and it's my baby.

<Genevriel> I can give him my non-lethal shotgun with salt cartridges.

<Argent> ill lend him my revolver

<Denise> I think we talked about this - I only have the gun I got from Ander and no.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Argent's gun seems best :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Let's go over to roll20 and roll init then

Off to roll 20 for combat, huzzah

<Malqatar> (I assume we tie her up, gag her and... I don't know, staple her third eye shut or something?)

<Malqatar> (Maybe her other towo while we're at it.)

<DiablotinNarrator> once she goes unconscious, it closes of its own accord

  • Genevriel checks on Claar, ties her up, gags her, etc.

<Hugonel> (I could cast power word blind on her, render her permanently blind. Take that, third eye!)

  • Malqatar looks at the smoking, fused lump of metal in his hand and sighs.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - what are you going to do from here? Call for authorities? gather up what you can and burn the entire place to the ground? ;)

  • Genevriel will cast Detect Magic to remove any magical items from Claar's person, as well.

<DiablotinNarrator> She has.. many.

  • Malqatar will examine the robots
  • Argent likes the plan of gathering and burning

<DiablotinNarrator> They look to be warforged bodies, just not activated yet.

<Hettienne> If there's a phone I could call Nycki >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> The tanks along the sides contain the recognizable spindly elongated pinkish-grey forms of cyst entities.

<Dorien> (Are they like... ensouled, just turned off? Or not yet finished?)

<Genevriel> We should contact the Warlord so she can be taken into custody and the Imperial Guard can collect and document evidence from the premises.

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien - you'd say they are not activated yet. I.e. they are constructed but haven't been made 'alive' yet.

<Dorien> Void...

<Genevriel> Also make sure there's no way those Cyst entities can get out of their tanks. They might be needed for questioning...?

<Dorien> ...

<Aubrienne> We can cast Magic Circle if necessary, no?

<Argent> I think this is obvious evidence in support of our worries about Claar.

<Aubrienne> Also, Sending to get in contact with whoever we need to contact.

<Dorien> I'd feel a lot better if we just burned the damned things.

<Denise> I guess like.... who can we trust to look at 'em?

<Denise> The warlord don't evwn know who he can trust of his own folks yet

<Genevriel> Well, he can trust himself.

<Aubrienne> But burning all this might not do what we want. They at least seem to be contained right now.

<Denise> yeah but he aint' no sorcerer

<Genevriel> Burning all this destroys the evidence.

<Dorien> I could pump their chambers full of my serum. See what that does to them. I don't know if it will kill them but it might.

<Genevriel> I don't much like them myself, but I doubt killing them is the best course of action when they might have information about their plans for invading our plane.

  • Dorien looks unhappy, but won't protest.

<Denise> well like... I guess we can... make sure somehow that only folks who can be trusted with it can....do whatever...with this? >.>

  • Denise looks to Argent

<Argent> I know who to get a hold of

<Argent> let me do so, well keep Claar in custody, and keep those cyste contained

<Argent> as much as I want to tear this place down to the foundation, we need the evidence

<Dorien> Are you sure we can trust your friends?

<Argent> They're far from perfect, but they're trustworthy.

<Denise> okay

  • Argent will find a way to get a hold of Briony and Sister Alma

<Denise> I'll let Ander know.

  • Dorien will go about his usual task of taking samples of anything suspicious

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can find a phone somewhere, I assume she has one ;)

  • Denise can leave keeping an eye on Aigel to Hettie :V
  • Genevriel will tend to injuries if anyone has them, and keep monitoring Claar for weirdness or waking.

<DiablotinNarrator> And that's a good question, what are you doing with Servan? just keeping an eye on him for now?

<Denise> (Judith is in the car with Madds still, I assume?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

<Dorien> (I assume turning them over to the authorities when they get here.)

<DiablotinNarrator> which authorities >.> Briony and Alma?

<Aubrienne> Well, they are authorities, I guess.

<DiablotinNarrator> well if you are also calling Ander, he's going to at least get the Warlord out there, presumably.

<DiablotinNarrator> so you could turn them over to the Warlord, or to the church, basically.

<DiablotinNarrator> or yes, I suppose, kill them when no one is looking ;)

<Dorien> We can call both and let them fight it out.

  • Genevriel would be more in favour of the Warlord. And she is always looking.

<DiablotinNarrator> I will assume you can gather up any notes, unusual items, etc. and occupy yourselves with those until such time as the others show up.

  • Dorien is good at scrounging.

<DiablotinNarrator> At which point they will take over and you can go home. It's very late by this point.

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb bio)

  • Dorien will hold a funeral service for his revolver the next day. Everyone is invited. Please send cash in lieu of flowers.

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> Claar and the cyborgs (well, former cyborgs) will be taken into custody by the Warlord, the church will take charge of dealing with the cyst entities.

<DiablotinNarrator> Now I have a short scene for each of you... I want to try and keep this within time limits as much as possible, and we're already later than I'd hoped, so I'm sorry if these are brief.

Dorien and Misery break the news to Sylvise and Jerard

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you can continue to try and come up with ways to safely kill the zygomind, and some of the things you found in Claar's factory may be able to help. With time and consideration you come up with the idea of flooding the entire barn with a cloud of spore-killing gas, which you can deliver via the killer robot wasps you found there ;)

<Dorien> (Sweet :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> Now, I also believe you have some news to break to your parents? ;)

<Dorien> Ahem... Yes.

  • Dorien will show up for dinner at their house one evening not long after all this is over.

<DiablotinNarrator> (alone or bringing Misery with you?)

<Dorien> (With Misery, of course)

<Dorien> ;)

  • Sylvise and Jerard are glad to see you, of course

<Dorien> How are you two doing?

<Sylvise> Oh, we're fine. How are you?

<Dorien> Good. Really good, actually.

<Sylvise> oh?

  • Sylvise glances back and forth between the two of you, trying to guess what you're so happy about

<Dorien> Actually, I had a question for you mom. Do you still have that old crib up in the attic? The one you used for me and Lucette?

<Sylvise> Well, yes, of course we do, but why... oh :o oh!

<Jerard> hrm?

<Dorien> we might be needing to borrow it soon.

<Sylvise> They're having a baby, Jerard!

<Jerard> oh :o well... when is the wedding?

<Sylvise> I don't think her people do weddings, dear.

<Jerard> well obviously they'll have to get married...

<Dorien> We haven't really talked about it, but... IF we get married, it will be our decision.

<Misery> We'd have to have two more kids first :p

<Dorien> Let's... take things one at a time, hun.

  • Sylvise smiles

<Sylvise> Jerard, they will sort things out on their own.

<Jerard> Hm. Well, good luck to you both.

<Dorien> Thank you. thank you both for everything.

  • Sylvise hugs you and Misery
  • Dorien will give his parents teary eyed hugs.

Aubrienne says farewell to Jean-Faust in the First World

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Aubrienne next?

<Aubrienne> Sure :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, I believe you wanted to try taking Jean-Faust to the First World and see how that goes?

<Aubrienne> I believe that was the plan, yes.

  • Jean-Faust is nervous as you make your preparations to go. Are you going through the Irminsul?

<Aubrienne> (I think that's what they told us to do, right?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah I think that was the plan)

<Jean-Faust> What if it makes me worse again? :/

<Jean-Faust> what will you do?

<Aubrienne> Then I'll come get you, and we'll work through things, like we did this time, <Rat> little brother.

<Aubrienne> I'll always be here for you.

  • Aubrienne smiles reassuringly.
  • Jean-Faust smiles back

<Aubrienne> Ready?

<Jean-Faust> As ready as I'll ever be, I guess...

<Aubrienne> (I'm assuming this conversation is happening in front of the Irminsul?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah)

  • Aubrienne will offer Jean-Faust her hand and step through.
  • Jean-Faust takes it and steps through with you

<DiablotinNarrator> The world brightens around you, and you find yourselves in a forest with a large tree behind you where you've just stepped through.

  • Jean-Faust looks around nervously

<Aubrienne> See, not so bad.

  • Jean-Faust nods

<Jean-Faust> It's nice... it feels good to be back here.

<Aubrienne> I had a feeling it might. You've got a strong connection to this plane.

<DiablotinNarrator> "Hey, what're you doin'... oh, it's you!" calls a voice. Danys approaches you with a big smile.

  • Aubrienne smiles brightly and goes to hug Danys.
  • Danys comes over, one of her ratte friends perched on her shoulder, and gives you a hug in return

<Aubrienne> Nice to see you, Danys.

<Aubrienne> Who's your friend?

<Aubrienne> This is my brother, Jean-Faust. Jean-Faust, Danys. :)

  • Danys smiles, but her expression changes as she looks at Jean-Faust, surprise and a bit of confusion.

<Danys> Draga? I thought you were gone for good.

  • Danys comes over to take his hand.

<Jean-Faust> ... do I know you?

<Aubrienne> Draga?

  • Jean-Faust asks, looking similarly confused

<DiablotinNarrator> (You know the word... name...? is a term of affection in Rat, like 'darling' or something, so maybe he's met her before?)

<Danys> I missed you so much... I didn't know if I'd ever see you again.

Stuff missing here because my connection failed

  • Danys asks you both, stepping back to give him some space since he seems confused

<Aubrienne> Well, I am, but as for Jean-Draga here, that's up to him.

<Jean-Faust> I... was hoping to stay for a while. See how things ... go...

  • Aubrienne grins.
  • Jean-Faust says uncertainly, glancing over at you

<Aubrienne> Sounds like they might go pretty well.

  • Danys grins

<Danys> Yeah, of course they will :)

  • Jean-Faust turns to you

<Jean-Faust> We'll see each other again soon, though, right? You're coming back and you'll bring Hyacinthe for visits?

<Aubrienne> Of course. I haven't gotten to take Titania here, yet, and there's so much to see.

  • Jean-Faust smiles
  • Jean-Faust looks more at peace here, and you have hope that he'll be all right - especially if he has Danys to look out for him
  • Jean-Faust gives you a big hug
  • Aubrienne gives him a big hug back.

<Jean-Faust> <r> Thank you

  • Aubrienne will hold out an arm towards Danys.

<Aubrienne> Come here, you get another one, too.

  • Danys will come join in your hug :)
  • Aubrienne doesn't really have words. She'll just cry a few happy tears and nod.

Hettienne receives a visit from Serge-Yves

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie's up next.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're busy with the babies, of course - it was such a relief to get back to Nycki and little Minerva and Georges after all that you went through.

  • Serge-Yves will come by to visit and hold his new niece and nephew :3

<Serge-Yves> Aw look at these little bundles of joy :3

<Serge-Yves> How's bein' a mom treatin' you?

<Hettienne> Yeah they came out real cute :3

<Hettienne> Well... it's tirin' that's for sure.

  • Serge-Yves nods

<Serge-Yves> Well, if you want a break, you got lots of folks who'd be willin' to take care of 'em for a bit I'm sure :)

<Hettienne> Perks of havin' one o' them big Rat families, heh.

<Hettienne> I'll take you up on that, just watch out ;)

<Serge-Yves> Yeah, I knew just as it was comin' out of my mouth that it'd get me in trouble ;)

<Hettienne> Not the first time *that*'s happened either I bet

<Serge-Yves> hah

  • Hettienne snickers

<Serge-Yves> Hopefully I'll be pickin' up a bit of extra work, but I should still have time to babysit now an' then.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Serge-Yves> Some researcher's askin' for folks who've been to the new world to just talk about it, answer questions an' the like, an' make some extra money that way. Seems easy enough.

<Hettienne> Oh yeah? Who's that?

<Serge-Yves> Orecalo... one of 'em.

<Hettienne> Hm, alright...

<Hettienne> SO they're probably not gonna trick you into lettin' em harvest your organs... Probably

<Serge-Yves> uh ... I sure hope not :o

<Hettienne> I hear things about some of them palace types is all >.>

<Hettienne> Anyway!

<Hettienne> Congratulations!

<Serge-Yves> I mean, I got an organ for 'em if they want it, but like... that's a whole other kind of research :p

<Hettienne> Pfff.

  • Hettienne laughs.
  • Serge-Yves is happy to chat and hang out with you and hold babies to give you a break :3

<Hettienne> (thanks bro :3)

Denise finds out that the Ander and the Empress are expecting

<DiablotinNarrator> Next up, Denise.

<DiablotinNarrator> Ander will always make time to talk with you :)

<Ander> Hey Dee - how's things?

<Denise> They're okay, I think - gues it deoends on what all turns out to be the case with the Cyste stuff? Liek are they're gone now for real or did we just stop 'em comin' here for now :x

<Denise> how are you though, boss?

<Ander> I'm doin' okay. Still tryin' to wrap my head around all this, but I'm gettin' there. Janelle's a big help.

<Denise> Everythin' going okay? Liek, I'm sure bein' Emperor is a real swell headached for you...

<Denise> Things are okay with like... you an her...an ralf?

<Ander> Yeah - it's workin' out.

  • Ander says with a smile

<Denise> okay

<Ander> Can you keep a secret? ;)

  • Denise will trust that you know what you;re doing with all that @_@

<Denise> ARE YOU HAVING A BABY?

  • Ander laughs

<Ander> Man, okay, I guess it ain't much of a secret then :)

<Ander> Janelle don't wanna tell a whole lotta folks yet, before she's sure things are okay, you know?

  • Denise looks around to make sure not any and everyone heard that excited squeal

<Denise> yeah :3

<Denise> I won't say nothin'

<Denise> :3

  • Ander nods, smiling

<Denise> I'll just be like.... over here bein' real quietly excited like :3

<Ander> Well hopefully in a couple months everyone'll know, then you don't have to keep quiet :)

<Denise> Gosh, yeah, *everyone* everyone :o

<Ander> Yeah.

<Denise> liek the whole empire @_@

<Denise> gosh

  • Ander nods

<Denise> well they won't all get to snuggle 'm and teach it to throw a punch

<Denise> like, when they're old enough >.>

<Ander> nah, that's gonna be your job ;)

  • Ander says with a grin

<Denise> :D

<Denise> I'm really happy for you boss :3

<Ander> Thanks :)

  • Denise will give him a big hug
  • Ander hugs you back

<Denise> an Janelle :3

<Ander> I'll let her know you said so.

<Ander> I'm just real glad you're around - it's good to have someone I can just talk to, who ain't some palace type. I mean... they're nice, mostly, but you know.

<Denise> uh huh

<Denise> Well boss, I'm here, an if you;re gonna keep me around, I ain't goin' nowhere

<Denise> You're the best, and Janelle an Ralf an the whole empire are real lucky to get you

<Ander> If you want that, yeah. I mean - you got a life, I mean, you an' Enver might have plans, I don't wanna get in the way of that. But if you wanna stick around, I can always find a place for you at my side.

<Denise> thanks boss :3

Hugo asks Loick for help getting a new job as a diplomat

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you can go next.

<Hugonel> (cool)

  • Loick will stop in to talk with you.

<Hugonel> (at home, presumably?)

<Loick> (yes)

<Loick> Hugo, how are you doing?

<Hugonel> Ah ... good afternoon, Uncle. I'm ... well, I think.

<Hugonel> It's been a crazy year.

  • Loick nods

<Hugonel> I half expect the city to burst into flames or something, just to spite my sense of calm.

  • Loick chuckles

<Loick> I know the feeling...

<Hugonel> What have you been up to?

<Loick> Oh, this and that. Trying to keep busy even in retirement.

<Loick> Listen, I may have an opportunity for you, if you're interested.

<Hugonel> Oh?

<Loick> Word has reached me that the Empress wants to establish a more long-term diplomatic presence in some of the other adjacent planes.

<Loick> How would you feel about being an ambassador?

<Hugonel> An ambassador ... to what?

<Loick> Well, there may be several options in play, but if you're asking my advice, I'd suggest you go for the First World. It's more pleasant than some of the alternatives, and I believe you have excellent qualifications for the role.

<Hugonel> The First World ... well ... yes, I'm interested! Mostly in what it means to be an ambassador to a *plane*. It's not like there is a single First World country to hang out in.

<Loick> No, indeed. It's still a work in progress I suspect, this plan. They may decide to appoint several representatives to cover the various courts or areas of the plane, I'm not certain.

<Hugonel> What do I have to do to convey my interest?

<Loick> I would be pleased to put your name forward to the Empress, with my recommendation behind it of course.

<Hugonel> Well, then ... let's do it!

<Loick> Excellent!

  • Loick claps you on the shoulder.

<Loick> I think this will be a most interesting change of career for you.

<Hugonel> The cabaret has been very good for me ... but people are moving on to other things. And the people has mostly been why I've stayed around as long as I have.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> I'll be fascinated to hear all about it. If I were twenty years younger, I might consider it myself, but... alas ;)

<Hugonel> I'm sure you'll find ways to keep yourself entertained.

  • Loick chuckles

<Loick> I can always visit you.

<Loick> Just drop in unannounced... it'll be a delightful surprise :)

<Hugonel> It always is, Uncle. :)

Argent invites Margaux to travel with him

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - next up, Argent. I think you have a girl to invite on your trip? :)

<Argent> (I do!)

  • Argent will swing by and visit Margaux
  • Margaux probably hasn't been unaware of your packing/preparations...

<Margaux> oh - hi :)

<Argent> All rested up from smiting evil?

<Margaux> More or less.

<Argent> good to hear

<Margaux> I'm still worried about those things ... whether there are more of them, what they wanted...

  • Margaux says with a bit of a shrug

<Argent> I know... its a setback, hopefully a big one, but that doesn't mean that they're done

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> Sister Alma has those prisoners, and I'm sure she'll get something useful out of them to help keep things safe

<Margaux> I hope so.

<Argent> I wanted to ask you something...

<Margaux> oh?

<Argent> with things calmed down and at least in some semblance of control... I'm going to go on a trip for a while, and I want you to come with me, if your willing.

<Margaux> where are you going?

<Argent> It's a trip to the Planes.

  • Margaux smiles at that

<Margaux> I'd love to.

<Margaux> Maybe we can find out where they came from... or ... or find out who my parents were... or just see new places and new things :)

<Argent> All of the above... and help those in need as well

  • Margaux nods excitedly

<Argent> I was planning on traveling with Silver and Aux at the start, till I got my feet under me. Does that sound good?

  • Margaux chuckles at that

<Margaux> Well, I'm sure it'll be interesting!

<Margaux> I'll be honest - I wasn't sure what you were planning. But... I'm glad you want me to go with you :3

  • Margaux says, taking your hand.
  • Argent smiles

<Argent> It's not like we wont come back here and check up on things either

  • Margaux nods
  • Margaux gives you an excited hug

<Argent> I want to forge my own path, but that doesnt mean I need to walk it alone.

  • Argent hugs her back

Genevriel makes peace with Tehan

<DiablotinNarrator> And finally, Gen's turn...

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you're at home one day - as things have settled down, Veronise has resumed her work at the experimental farm, with you as her second in command (and so you can keep an eye on things there :) - but this is a day off for you, so you're taking the opportunity to relax a bit.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a knock at your door.

  • Genevriel answers.

<DiablotinNarrator> Standing outside is a young man, and after a second you recognize him as Tehan - the boy you saved from the fire.

<Tehan> Hello, Genevriel...

  • Genevriel looks... something. All sorts of things.
  • Tehan speaks Aveyronnais with a Psyrene accent

<Genevriel> Hi... Tehan?

  • Tehan nods
  • Genevriel hopes she remembers his name right.

<Tehan> It's taken me a while to work up the courage to come and talk to you. May I come in?

<Genevriel> Yes. Of course.

  • Genevriel swings the door wide enough for him to come in.
  • Tehan steps inside, looking around a bit curiously.

<Genevriel> I should apologize for not... trying to talk to you sooner.

<Genevriel> Would you like some tea? Or coffee?

<Tehan> It's all right. I can understand it being... difficult. I felt the same, to be honest.

<Tehan> Coffee would be nice.

  • Genevriel falls back on social niceties.

<Genevriel> All right...

  • Genevriel smiles nervously.

<Tehan> Eventually I just felt I couldn't put it off any longer.

<Tehan> There's something that's been pushing me to come and speak to you, but I've been afraid.

  • Genevriel closes the door behind him and nods slightly.

<Genevriel> I've been afraid to talk to you, too.

<Genevriel> Um... you can go to the sitting room if you like, or come with me to the kitchen while I brew the coffee.

<Tehan> Thank you.

  • Tehan will come join you in the kitchen.
  • Genevriel kind of robotically brews some coffee. How do you talk to the kid whose family you helped destroy?

<Tehan> After what happened that day... ever since then, I've felt ... different. It changed me.

<Genevriel> Yeah...?

  • Tehan nods a bit uncertainly

<Tehan> Ever since then there's been a voice... in my head. I know this probably sounds crazy.

<Genevriel> "We are all one?"

  • Genevriel hazards a guess.
  • Tehan nods

<Tehan> Do you hear it too?

<Genevriel> Yeah... Yeah. You were dying, and I wasn't a healer. I just prayed to... whatever was out there that could help you.

  • Tehan nods

<Genevriel> The... ummm... As far as I've been able to piece together, they're the spirits of everyone who died while the Arch was broken and Serpent was trapped.

  • Tehan 's eyes widen a bit at that

<Genevriel> They're what answered.

<Tehan> It sounds like you've been able to figure out more about it. It's so confusing...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I'm so sorry...

<Tehan> please don't be.

<Tehan> It's confusing, but without you - or without them - I wouldn't be here. I owe you my life.

<Genevriel> No, no you don't. I helped kill your... your family. You don't owe me anything.

<Genevriel> . o O (Except maybe a knife through my chest.)

<Tehan> We would have killed you if we'd been able to. It was... an awful time. I think we have both lost our families, yes?

  • Genevriel nods, looking away. It's still hard to think of never seeing Andri or her parents again.

<Tehan> There's one voice that stands out, among all the ones I hear. I don't know for certain but... I think it is your brother's. He kept asking me to come find you.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> You reminded me of him.

<Tehan> He said to tell you about Miel, and the horse he made for you when you were children... he said you would understand that, and know that I was speaking the truth.

<Genevriel> ...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> . o O (But how? He died after the Arch was fixed and Serpent released...)

<Tehan> I know this is probably all very strange, and I don't want to impose on you. But I hoped that... if you were willing, we can try to figure this out. I don't understand it either, but perhaps working together will be good for both of us.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> . o O (Is this what you need me to do?)

<DiablotinNarrator> The voices seem to swell for a moment with affirmation and support.

<Genevriel> There's at least one other. I'm not sure what we have in common... other than that we all very nearly died.

  • Tehan nods

<Tehan> Maybe there are more. Maybe we can find out what this all means.

<Genevriel> Sure.

  • Tehan smiles with relief

<Genevriel> Are you... marked in any way? Do you have any gifts?

<Genevriel> My arms are permanently burnt, but I can heal people.

<Tehan> Well... other than feeling like my mind isn't entirely my own, I don't think I'm marked in the way you mean.

<Tehan> But I do have some abilities I didn't before all of this happened.

  • Tehan will hang out with you and talk further about your respective abilities (and drink coffee)

Titania's Cabaret reopens

<DiablotinNarrator> Now... one last thing for everyone.

<DiablotinNarrator> Tits' grand re-opening!

<Dorien> (Woooo!)

<DiablotinNarrator> You are all, of course, invited, whether or not you're involved in the show :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The club is packed on the night of its grand re-opening, and the crowd is bubbling with excitement. The anticipation of performers both familiar and new to this stage grows with each passing minute.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can spot friends at other tables, and wave to them or go over and chat. Lathra is there with Leiris, and many others are in the audience.

<DiablotinNarrator> At last the show begins, with Tits herself coming out to deliver the opening welcome.

<Titania> Thank you so much for coming. It's been far too long - but I hope we'll make it worth the wait :)

<Titania> Without further delay, I give you the magificent Zola!

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola takes the stage and performs several of her old familiar numbers. The crowd goes wild for her, of course, but falls more quiet as she begins Mico’s biggest hit "Ring Ring Ring" - at first they wonder if she’s simply covering the popular song, but the rendition is too spot-on.

<DiablotinNarrator> As the realization dawns on the audience they begin to cheer more wildly, some shouting "Mico!" and others "Zola!" without distinguishing between the two.

<DiablotinNarrator> As her set concludes, Zola finishes her performance by descending from the stage and approaching the table where Noren sits. The spotlight follows her, suggesting she’s planned this ahead of time.

<DiablotinNarrator> "Noren," she says, taking his hand as he blushes under the bright light and the gaze of the audience, "would you make me the happiest girl in the world and marry me?"

<DiablotinNarrator> As he stammers out a yes and stands to embrace her, the crowd cheers and applauds, their happiness contagious.

<DiablotinNarrator> The air is hazy with smoke and the smells of perfume and alcohol, and the band’s music is a constant joyful background to the hum of conversation and laughter. It feels like old times and old friendships, like a memory that’s now fading into the past, as you move on into new lives and in some cases, new worlds - but you know that wherever you go, this place is still here for you whenever

<DiablotinNarrator> you miss it.

<DiablotinNarrator> The end.