Diablotin 3 session 75

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 75 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: May 27, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Did everyone level up? any new exciting powers I should know about?

<Dorien> I can grow magic plants!

<Dorien> :D

<DiablotinNarrator> that's cool :)

<Dorien> But nothing in game effecting, no ;)

<Lan-home> I feel like that's what got us into this who situation n the first place

<Lan-home> so maybe don't do that :V

<Dorien> Other than my bomb now doing stupid ridiculous damage

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien gives up chemistry to take up magical gardening

<Dorien> heee

<Lan-home> I get 6 attacks in a full attack?

<Dorien> Yeah, I figured if I was going to do so I should at least have the feat that lets me know what I'm doing

<Genevriel> I can turn into a life elemental.

<Dorien> Sweet!

<DiablotinNarrator> cool :)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, let's get started as there's a lot to get through today and I don't want to keep people late if I can avoid it :)

<Dorien> okie

Nycki has a baby

<DiablotinNarrator> Starting out with Hettie...

<Hettienne> coo

<DiablotinNarrator> Things have been going all right at home with Baby Minerva, as you and Nycki are getting used to having her around, and are finally able to set up Denise's room as a nursery and so on now that she's moved out.

<DiablotinNarrator> Although I imagine for now, since she's still tiny, you can just keep her in your room as things are getting organized :)

<Hettienne> (yeah :3)

  • Nycki wakes you up in the middle of the night, which wouldn't be too unusual because you get woken up a lot at night these days, but this time it isn't because the baby needs something.

<Nycki> Hey.. hey Hettie, I think it's startin'.

<Hettienne> oh shit hon :O

<Hettienne> (I assume we'd have planned on someone to call for this? Lathra or mikel?0

<Nycki> yeah, I ain't been able to sleep an' I thought it was just cause I was big as a house an' everything hurts all the time but I think it's more like... really happenin'.

<Hettienne> Alright, okay, okay.

<Nycki> (yeah I'd assume you have made arrangements - maybe with both, so in case one isn't available you can get the other)

<Hettienne> Uhh we gotta call... Lathra. Mikel.

  • Nycki nods

<Hettienne> I'm gonna do that, just uh, just stay here an I'll be right back

  • Hettienne will try to get a hold of them!
  • Nycki nods, then gives a groan that sounds pretty familiar (and painful)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can get both of them, and we'll say Lathra is able to come at once and Mikel can show up in the morning if things are still going on by then.

<Hettienne> (yay Lathra!0

  • Lathra will bike over ;)
  • Hettienne will go back to Nycki.

<Hettienne> Okay, how we doin'?

<Nycki> uhh... okay in between the parts where it feels like I'm tryin' to shit a watermelon.

<Hettienne> You know what maybe I'mma call Dee too if that's alright? If minerva wakes up we're gonna need more hands :x

<Nycki> yeah sure

  • Hettienne does that
  • Hettienne will also get Nycki some water and try to make her as comfortable as possible

<Hettienne> They're on their way babe

  • Denise can also bike over, but on her motorbike

<Nycki> nhhh.. this sucks >:(

<Hettienne> I know babe, I know :(

  • Nycki complains, trying to adjust herself to get comfortable somehow and finding it impossible
  • Denise will make coffee when she gets there
  • Hettienne will hold her hand, rub her back/shoulders, whatever she wants to try :x
  • Lathra arrives a bit after Denise (I assume Denise will get there first ;)

<Lathra> Good morning!

  • Lathra announces although it's like 2am

<Hettienne> Uh I guess? Technically?

<Lathra> How are you feeling?

  • Lathra asks either of you, but mostly Nycki

<Nycki> regretting my life choices

<Lathra> Hmm, yes, let's take a little check on how things are proceeding...

<Lathra> But if you've reached the stage of wishing you were dead, then I'd say we are pretty close! :)

<Nycki> nhnnh >:(

  • Nycki will grumpily agree to let Lathra examine her

<Denise> You just tell me what you need

<Lathra> Yes, I think not too long now. You can do it, it's only a little bit more of this and then it'll be over and you'll have your baby :3

  • Minerva will wake up with all the commotion now and start fussing

<Hettienne> Can you take care of Minerva?

<Hettienne> I mean I'll feed her an' then...

<Denise> yup :3

<Denise> I'll bring her over :3

  • Denise can fetch her for you
  • Lathra encourages Nycki to try getting up and walking around a bit, to see if that moves things along faster

<Lathra> Gravity will help, after all, that's the direction things need to move in :)

<Nycki> fuck gravity >:(

  • Hettienne will help her after Minerva is full
  • Nycki will grudgingly get up though and try walking, leaning on Hettie for help
  • Denise will baby snorgle
  • Denise will tell Minerva that sh'es gonna have a new littlebrother or sister soon, but she's the oldest, so she's gotta look out for them :3
  • Nycki will eventually, after some while of walking and leaning against you and/or the wall for support and grumbling a lot, get more quiet and focused

<Lathra> hmm, I think you are ready to have this baby... let's get you as comfortable as we can.

  • Nycki just nods, looking pale and determined

<Hettienne> You're doing amazing sweetie ;_;

  • Nycki settles for going to the edge of the bed so she has something to lean against, but staying standing

<Nycki> <w> this part sucks, baby, but you're almost here...

  • Lathra gets down on the floor so she can see what's going on and get ready to catch

<Hettienne> Not long now...

  • Nycki nods
  • Nycki pushes hard, with your encouragement and Lathra's advice on when to push and when to wait for a little bit, and finally the baby arrives, born with its caul over its face so that Lathra needs to clear that aside before it can start breathing on its own. It's a boy, with a bit of reddish fuzz for hair :3

<Hettienne> He's got your hair babe!!

<Nycki> oh :o

<Nycki> he's so small :3

<Hettienne> He's gorgeous...

  • Hettienne passes him to her.
  • Nycki cradles him

<Nycki> look at him, I made that :3

<Hettienne> Good job babe.

  • Nycki gives you a kiss

<Nycki> what're we gonna call him? :3

<Denise> What are you gonna... hyeah :3

  • Hettienne thinks...

<Hettienne> What's your idea?

<Nycki> well like... I know we mentioned Georges. D'you wanna go with that? :3

<Denise> :3

  • Hettienne tears up a little... Yeha... yeah let's do that.
  • Nycki puts her arm around you (that isn't being used to hold baby Georges)

<Hettienne> Dee, can you pass me Minnie?

  • Denise will bring her over

<Denise> Awww, you guys all look so sweet :3

<Hettienne> Look sweetie, it's your little brother...

  • Minerva gurgles
  • Nycki starts crying, but in a happy/exhausted way
  • Denise can make something for adults to eat
  • Hettienne is sniffling too; and hugging Nycki and the kids...
  • Lathra can stick around for a while to make sure things are okay and help out with cleaning up and so on, but will eventually leave you to your family :3

<DiablotinNarrator> (awww babies :3)

Argent and Dorien learn that the Warlord wants to see them and their friends

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - let's go on to our next scene, which is Argent and Dorien and... probably some other people but I'm not sure entirely who yet.

<DiablotinNarrator> Your phone rings, let's flip a coin to see who answers ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> (1 for Argent, 2 for Dorien)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d2

  • Denise rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d2 ] getting [ 1 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Argent answers the phone - seems more plausible anyway ;)

<Argent> HELLO!

<Bryson> Hello, is this Argent?

<Argent> YES!

  • Dorien stopped lunging for the phone after the last black eye.

<Argent> WHO IS THIS?

<Bryson> It's Bryson Arguelles. Ah, I wanted to meet with you and your companions to discuss some of the issues we talked about at our previous meeting.

<Bryson> Can we meet at 9am tomorrow, at my home?

<Argent> I will try and contact everyone. Can I call you back

<Argent> ?

<Bryson> Yes, please use this number [he'll give you what is presumably his home number, not office]

<Argent> Ill let you know as soon as I do

<Bryson> Very well, thank you. I appreciate your discretion in this, and your sense of urgency.

<Argent> ok

  • Dorien looks up from scribbling in his notebooks.

<Dorien> Who was that?

<Argent> Bryson Arguelles... he wants to meet with our cadre tomorrow morning

<Dorien> We're a cadre now? When did that happen?

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> well its a reasonable name for our little group I guess

<Argent> I got calls to make

  • Argent glares at the phone trying to decipher this challenge

<Dorien> Sure thing. Should I get ahold of Mis and Neddie?

<Argent> yeah that would be good

  • Argent will call people

Everyone meets with the Warlord

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - calling all PCs, I guess, plus who else? Misery, Nedezde, ...?

<Dorien> (yeah)

<Argent> (let people bring others that they want... ill grab Margaux

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Denise> (If enver wants to and is available sure?)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> I can only play so many people at once but it's good to know who all is in attendance :)

<Dorien> (heh)

<Denise> is hettie coming?

<DiablotinNarrator> We'll say this is a few days after Nycki gave birth, so that Hettie doesn't have to feel terrible about leaving her for a meeting ;)

  • Aubrienne will drive people as necessary

<DiablotinNarrator> (not like... the next morning or something ;)

<Genevriel> (I can come, I guess. I'll see if Madds wants to, since he was at our first meeting with Bryson.)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure, he can come

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so that is 12 people, I think, if I counted correctly

<DiablotinNarrator> you can all go to Bryson's house which is a mansion in the Grand (of course).

<Denise> fancy :3

  • Bryson will have breakfast foods available for you, as a thanks for showing up ;)

<Genevriel> ...

<Bryson> (I mean real breakfast too, not just muffins or something. eggs, bacon, toast, etc.)

<Dorien> Oooooh

<Denise> oooh

  • Genevriel (and by extension Madds) probably didn't leave the apartment without eating, but I guess it's the thought that counts. She will politely take a small something to nibble on.
  • Denise is up for second breakfast ^_^

<Bryson> Good morning, thank you for coming.

  • Hettienne is starving. Feeding a baby takes a lot out of you @_@
  • Bryson says once you have a chance to get some food and settle into your seats around the table.
  • Dorien is probably running on tea and cigareetes, so he will eat all the things

<Bryson> I'm sorry that it's taken this long to follow up on our previous discussion, but there were a number of things I had to look into, and I couldn't go through the normal channels for some of them.

  • Genevriel will have put some of the ointment on just before coming, so if he's compromised with a Cyst hoepfully she'll see.

<Dorien> (Good call)

  • Bryson is not
  • Hugonel will chow down while listening, not entirely sure what's up though.

<Bryson> First and foremost, the previous warlord, Fredericia Hartzell. I have reason to believe that she was for a time overtaken by one of these 'cyst' creatures, but that it was removed from her by the efforts of Reverend Mother Alma, her sister-in-law, sometime around the end of the war. This was, for obvious reasons, kept quiet - only a few people knew.

<Denise> :o

  • Dorien pauses with a mouth full of food.

<Aubrienne> Void...

<Denise> well geeez they coulda said :|

<Bryson> She is not currently affected, but there may still be others within the upper echelons of the military who are. As such, I am not sure who I can and cannot trust in that hierarchy.

<Dorien> Did you use that cream I gave you?

<Bryson> Yes, I used it to visit the former Warlord, and determine that she wasn't currently affected.

<Bryson> If you can produce more, I'll certainly use it to examine others in high ranks in the military.

<Aubrienne> So, what does this mean? You're going to have to go through the entire command structure?

<Bryson> Yes, and until I do so, I'm not comfortable relying on them for tasks related to the cyst - which brings me to my next order of business.

<Bryson> I found some information indicating Claar has a secret research facility, not one on the books so to speak.

<Bryson> In Morterasch, where her family's holdings are.

<Aubrienne> Of course she does. -_-

<Denise> is that the one we were at?

<Denise> or a different one?

<DiablotinNarrator> (That's a bit north of the city - not super far away but not the one you were at, which was only a couple hours drive away)

<Bryson> A different one. All that I was able to find was that it is for research into 'advanced constructs' of some kind - presumably some sort of improvements or enhancements to the warforged?

<Denise> I'm guessin we're gonna find out :|

<Bryson> If you are willing to undertake this investigation - in the utmost secrecy of course - I will provide transportation there and back via the teleportation circles, and ensure that whatever the results are, they are dealt with appropriately. If that means bringing Claar up on charges, we will do that. If it means eliminating her is the safest option... I authorize that if necessary.

  • Bryson says a bit unhappily, but firmly.

<Aubrienne> Whoa, whoa, is that what we do?

<Genevriel> I'm not an assassin.

<Bryson> If you can take her in without harming her, then obviously that would be preferable.

  • Aubrienne points to Gen and nods.
  • Denise shrugs

<Hettienne> I'm an assassin

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Hettienne> mostly retired.

<Genevriel> Does the Empire perchance have any items that might help us succeed in taking her in without harming her?

<Bryson> Any items I could procure would draw attention from possibly implicated parties. If they see me requisitioning suspicious equipment from the Treasury, then word may get back to her.

<Aubrienne> Right.

<Aubrienne> Okay, well, we need to plan this, right? Do we know anything about the facility?

<Bryson> I know roughly where it is, outside the village of Morterasch itself.

<Madds> Maybe Veronise or Clarence knows more about it. If we think it's safe to inquire with them, it might be worthwhile.

  • Argent nods

<Madds> They were all wrapped up in Claar's research, maybe they have been there, or at least heard about it.

  • Denise listens for this part - planning isn't her strength

<Argent> its not like some of us asking them more questions would be suspicious

<Argent> much better than going in blind

<Bryson> And they are still under supervision, correct? so they shouldn't be able to get a message to her if they decided to try and warn her.

<Aubrienne> Well, I assume we'll also scout it out like we did last time?

  • Argent nods

<Bryson> I think a small group would be good, if possible.

  • Bryson says, eyeing the dozen people around his table.

<Aubrienne> Well, the scout team is usually smaller, yes.

  • Bryson nods

<Aubrienne> Argent and Denise, with me in shadow form for support, like last time, presumably.

<Bryson> Very well.

<Aubrienne> Unless there's a more optimal team?

  • Aubrienne looks around, particularly at Argent, for confirmation.

<Hugonel> I'm happy to serve however I'm best needed.

<Argent> we'll figure it out

<Dorien> I'll put together as much serum and eye cream as I can manage

<Argent> how soon do we leave?

<Bryson> If this can be accomplished quickly and with minimum disturbance, that would be ideal. And depending on the results, I will assist as necessary in resolving the outcome.

<Madds> We can go talk to the other scientists today, and leave tomorrow maybe? Or even tonight?

  • Argent nods in agreement

Argent, Denise, and Gen question Clarence and Veronise

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - who all wants to go talk to the scientists?

  • Argent raises his hand
  • Aubrienne will let other folks do that while she goes to let Tits know she's going off into danger.

<Denise> I can if you need me...

  • Genevriel will since she has a sort of rapport with Calondres.
  • Dorien will be at the lab scrounging up supplies
  • Hugonel can go, sure

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - so Argent, Denise, Gen, and Hugo can go talk to the scientists. Others can be making other preparations :)

  • Veronise and Clarence are still being held in safe custody, but have some degree of freedom like being able to hang out with each other (which they seem to be doing a lot of)
  • Argent is hopeful that being together will make them more honest with us

<Argent> Hello again

<Veronise> Hello...

<Genevriel> Hello. How have you been treated?

<Clarence> We're all right. it's better than my last prison.

<Denise> hey

<Denise> I'm takin' good care of Daisy too

<Clarence> oh :)

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Clarence seems pleased with that, and that you named her

<Genevriel> The zygomind is still contained.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> (Has Dorien had any luck finding something that will kill it without releasing spores?)

<Veronise> Good... I hope soon I can get back to trying to find a way to destroy it safely.

<Veronise> Thank you for your help.

<Veronise> (not yet no0

<Argent> with your help now, that may happen sooner

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> what sort of help?

<Argent> We're looking for information on Claar's facility outside Morterasch

<Argent> have either of you been there or know anything about it?

  • Veronise glances at Clarence

<Clarence> I know a few things about it. I haven't been there but I helped design some of its features.

<Denise> oh goody

<Denise> how do we turn 'em off -_-

<Argent> yes please explain

  • Argent will SM to make sure he is being honest with us

<Clarence> Well... one of the items I developed, that wasn't quite ready for use in the war, was repurposed there. Flying constructs that deliver doses of .. well, whatever you put in them. Poison, or a sedative, for instance. Like robot wasps :D

  • Denise sighs

<Argent> what else?

<Genevriel> All right. How are the wasps controlled, and is there a way to turn them off?

<Clarence> They'd be programmed with simple commands - to guard a particular area, for instance. They aren't intelligent, they can only do what they're programmed to do, and nothing too complex.

<Denise> or do you just gotta swat 'em >.>

<Clarence> Swatting would work. So would finding a way to bypass them - they aren't powerful enough to follow you over long distances, for instance.

<Hugonel> So they're not actually controlled by a person - once programmed they're stuck with those orders?

<Clarence> Well, someone with the right skill set could change the commands - but in general, no, they can't be changed in the middle of a fight for instance.

<Clarence> There would be a central 'hive' that would be where the controls are set - if that was somewhere accessible, you could knock it out I suppose.

<Clarence> If I was controlling them, though, I'd put that somewhere out of easy access >.>

<Hugonel> Right, of course.

<Denise> what else is there?

<Clarence> well... there was something Suzetta showed to me. I don't know exactly what purpose it might be put to, but I can tell you about its properties.

<Clarence> She brought me a sample of a greenish metal substance unfamiliar to me once, to ask me to analyze its properties.

<Clarence> It was strongly magically resistant - in fact, more than just resisting, it was almost like it absorbed magic.

<Denise> huh

<Clarence> It was extremely strong and light, and would have made excellent armor or coating.

<Denise> okay

  • Denise says, cracking her fingers

<Clarence> I asked her where she got it, but I never got a clear answer on that.

<Genevriel> Another plane, I suspect.

<Clarence> possibly.

<Clarence> Using magic against it was ineffective in harming it, and actually seemed to 'heal' it in some sense, if it had been damaged.

<Argent> that is very useful to know, thank you

  • Clarence nods

<Veronise> Are you going to kill her?

  • Veronise asks worriedly

<Genevriel> Not if I can help it. We're not assassins.

<Genevriel> Anything you can tell us that might help us apprehend her safely would be helpful.

<Veronise> I don't know... she's been withdrawing more and more from sharing information with us. I'm not sure what she might be capable of these days. She's a spellcaster, of course - she knows spells such as teleport and dimension door that she might try to use to escape, if she's cornered.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Denise> I thnk we can lock her down

<Genevriel> I can, and possibly Aubrienne as well.

<Veronise> She can set up protective wards, and disguise herself, and she knows a great deal about divination as well, such as clairvoyance or detect thoughts, so she might know you are coming if you aren't careful.

<Veronise> I've never known her to use a lot of offensive magics though - beyond things like magic missile, the only one I know of is that one with the black tentacles.

<Denise> eww

<Veronise> She's more focused on protecting herself, though, than on harming others. In the war she would use things like walls of stone or repulsion or slow to halt attackers.

<Veronise> The woman I knew wasn't evil - she was devoted to learning more about the world, above all else, so that she could better protect it. I... I don't know what's changed but I'm very concerned :(

  • Clarence takes Veronise's hand, comfortingly.

<Argent> for her sake, its best that this gets resolved sooner than later, before it goes to far and there is no coming back for her

  • Veronise nods

<Argent> your information will help make that happen

<Veronise> Please... be careful, and don't kill her if you don't have to.

<Genevriel> Do either of you have anything else to add?

<Veronise> just the knowledge she alone has.. it would be a terrible loss to science.

<Genevriel> ...

<Hugonel> We will do our best to bring her back alive to face justice.

<Clarence> only to be careful... I'm less confident than Veronise, I think, that she can be saved.

<Clarence> I've had more... personal contact with her recently, and I do think she's dangerous.

  • Denise nods

<Clarence> The way she treated even her own father - I'm not sure she cares about anything anymore other than her own advancement.

<Denise> yeah.... that was harsh

<DiablotinNarrator> (Okay - anything else you want to do before you go?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I would like to get on so we have hopefully enough time to finish this today :)

<Genevriel> (I'm good)

<Argent> (im good)

<Denise> (also good)

Dorien says good-bye to Misery and Nedezde

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you have stocked up as much as possible on your anti-cyst serum, and presumably other stuff?

<Dorien> Yeah, explosives and eye cream foremost.

  • Nedezde and Misery can help you prepare

<Misery> Babe, as much as I love you, I don't think I'm in a good position to go on this. I ... don't want anything bad to happen to the baby.

<Nedezde> you're having a baby?!

<Misery> Yeah...

<Dorien> Heh... Um... yes?

  • Nedezde smiles widely and comes over and gives her a hug.
  • Dorien hugs her back

<Dorien> (Oh, her, heh)

<Nedezde> (well I mean... it can be a three-way hug ;)

  • Dorien hugs them both

<Misery> Be careful, okay?

<Misery> If you don't come back, I'll have to hook up with Neddie and raise your bastard in sin :p

<Dorien> ...

  • Nedezde raises an eyebrow at that too, but does not actually object ;)

<Dorien> I'll be careful. I intend to be around for a long time yet.

<Misery> good.

<Dorien> You won't get rid of me that easy

  • Misery gives you a kiss

<Dorien> AAnd you be careful too.

<Dorien> I love you. You know that, right?

<Misery> sure, I'll try not to trip over anything around the lab while you're gone.

  • Misery nods with a smile

<Misery> Yeah, I know. I love you too.

<Dorien> Neddie, are you coming with us?

<Nedezde> I don't know, apparently I have a baby to look after if you die ;)

  • Nedezde turns more serious, though

<Nedezde> I can come if you want me to but I won't hurt anyone - I can hang back and help out if needed.

<Dorien> I understand. I don't want to hurt anyone either. Hopefully we won't have to.

  • Nedezde nods

<Dorien> But if it comes down to that or letting these things invade...

<Dorien> Let\s just hope it doesn't.

<Nedezde> all right.

The heroes' heist of Claar

<DiablotinNarrator> So of the other NPCs, Margaux and Enver are happy to come smite things, Madds can come if requested but probably is less useful in a fight - he can have a gun for self-defense and hang around with Neddie, maybe ;)

<Genevriel> (Aww, less useful in a fight? He's a military man. Ah well.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (well he's not 15th level :o)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I mean he can be in the fights if you want but he probably has like 1/4 the HP of most other folks ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'm just trying to avoid killing some of the squishier NPCs here ;)

<Genevriel> (Gen wouldn't request that he come, but she'd invite him to come if he so desired.)

<DiablotinNarrator> He can come as your getaway driver if you want ;)

<Genevriel> (Sure.)

<Argent> (so we do careful scouting first, then make a plan to get in I guess.... not sure in how much detail you want to handle this)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yeah - I can skim over most of the scouting in a couple of sentences, as I'll assume you have the means to do it competently.

  • Denise nominates hette for the scouting team if she isn't alreayd on it

<Denise> (Hettie)

<Argent> (anyone who could spot magical traps would be most welcome)

<Hettienne> (kk)

<DiablotinNarrator> The factory is some ways outside the village itself - it seems like most of the villagers work there in some capacity or other. It's a large facility, you can explore around it and have a look at possible entrances.

<Hugonel> (I have true seeing but otherwise my divination powers are pretty limited)

<DiablotinNarrator> The factory is in a hilly area that has been cleared of trees and most other vegetation. Even at night, the smokestacks are still emitting thick columns of black smoke that give the air an acrid smell.

  • Denise wrinkles her nose

<DiablotinNarrator> The exterior of the factory is coated with some odd lichen and mold, with larger patches of fungus in some areas, which serves to help it blend in with its surroundings somewhat.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're able to scout around it and find a back entrance - an area where trucks can make deliveries or pick-ups, it seems, as there's a ramp leading to the doors there. You can make Perception checks as well.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+12

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Lan_phone> !roll 1d20+15

  • Denise rolls for Lan_phone: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+20

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 37 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+31

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+31 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 31 ] totals [ 41 ].

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 10 ].

<Denise> (is this everyone or just the scout group?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (scout group)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie and Argent, you can notice there's also a smaller door sort of underneath the ramp area - maybe it leads to a basement or lower level of some kind. It's somewhat concealed and might be less obvious of an entrance than the big double doors at the top of the ramp.

<Denise> (so we need Aubrienne?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Aubrienne rolled)

<Denise> (oh so she dd, I'm blind)

<Aubrienne> (So is Aubrienne)

<Hettienne> (mmm kay... imma check it for traps/security)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you can roll Perception specifically on the door, then.

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+20

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Hettienne> (:/)

<Argent> (you should get half your level as a bonus on traps)

<Hettienne> (oh right... 33)

<DiablotinNarrator> The door is locked and you think it might have an alarm set on it. If/when you open it, you could make a Disable Device roll to try and prevent the alarm from triggering.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - want to go get the others and make your plans?

<Hettienne> (yeah ok)

<Argent> (so plan is buff, sneak in this door capture Claar)

<Genevriel> (Hopefully everyone's clear on the capture part.)

<Hettienne> (lol)

<Dorien> (Let the sneaky people go first)

  • Genevriel pops off a Magic Circle of Protection Against Evil

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm just getting things ready in roll20, you can come on over there

<DiablotinNarrator> I just need to grab Enver and Margaux I think - I tried and it gave me an error so I've refreshed the page and am trying again

<DiablotinNarrator> there we go

  • Argent will have barkskin on himself, see invisible, enchantment foil, greater magic weapon (on rapier and on Denise's fists (+3)) and life bubble on everyone
  • Hugonel appears very strange - before your eyes, he turns into an extremely elderly version of himself, recognizable only through his purple silk scarf.
  • Dorien casts see invisibility, heightened awareness, and mage armor on himself

<Argent> !roll 1d8

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d8 ] getting [ 8 ].

<Argent> hp

<DiablotinNarrator> nice :)

<Dorien> (Oh right, I need hp too)

<Dorien> !roll 1d8

  • Denise rolls for Dorien: [ 1d8 ] getting [ 7 ].
  • Aubrienne will cast Mage Armor, Shield, Protection from Evil, and Stoneskin, plus using her Invisibility ring.

<Hugonel> OK, greater heroism and Grand Destiny on ... me, Argent, and two more: who wants it?

<Denise> me me me

<Hugonel> one more

<Hettienne> give me things

<Hugonel> sure

<Denise> thanks

<Hugonel> OK, so me, Argent, Denise, Hettie, +5 attack morale saves, +15 hp, immune to fear; also you can choose any 4 rolls to add an additional +5 on (stacks)

<Hugonel> this lasts for 150 minutes, so ... we'll be fine

<Hettienne> nice

<Denise> thanks man

Off to Roll 20 for exploration and combat, whee!