Diablotin 3 session 66

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 66 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: January 7, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Does anyone have questions before we get going? I know it's been a while so if everyone's forgotten what we're doing I can recap ;)

<Hugonel> yeah a recap would be good

<Dorien> Yes please

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, a short recap - you had been brought to Andusk, with the aid of Prince Ruchard's magic, in order to try and figure out why Ilphere and Vera seem to be stuck there.

<DiablotinNarrator> Once you arrived there, Xan and Justen went to try and gather information from some of their contacts, while the rest of you went to an inn in the Undercity to see what you could learn there.

<DiablotinNarrator> The innkeepers, who seem to be versions of Hettie's parents, served you some food and you learned from them that the Rat Temple (Father Willem's home church, so to speak) has been seemingly shut down or abandoned. You decided to go investigate that (once you finished your delicious mystery meat.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that was where we left off - did I leave anything important out?)

<Dorien> (Mmmmm, mystery meat)

<Denise> (We did a sending to Ilphere already, and she said she was being held by Loch)

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh right, the sending :)

<Argent> (yes I remember that... Xan is looking to how we gain access)

<Argent> (so to the church?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, unless anyone has anything they wanted to do first, or needed to talk about?

<Hugonel> (don't think so? unless we need to talk strategy)

<Denise> (I don'r knwo that we have anything to strategize as yet)

<Argent> (I would agree dont know enough to strat right now)

The PCs investigate the temple and find out what Willem's up to

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can finish up your food and make your way towards the temple - pretty much anyone in the Undercity can give you directions on how to find it.

  • Denise will try not to gawk at everything but still has a bit of culture shock

<DiablotinNarrator> The temple seems deserted, as you had been led to believe - you can make Perception (or Scent, if you have it) rolls as you approach it.

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+13

  • Xandhil rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 20 ].
  • Denise rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+29

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+29 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 29 ] totals [ 39 ].
  • Xandhil rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+29 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 29 ] totals [ 40 ].
  • Dorien will cast heightened awareness on... I guess Argent?

<Hugonel> (oh we're still rolling twice)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's cause Heather's in here twice)

<Argent> (bad heather, stop cloning yourself)

<DiablotinNarrator> (take the Denise rolls I guess since she's the one actually here ;)

<Argent> (39 perception)

<Denise> (Sorry, I turned off rolling on Xan)

<Dorien> (+2 for the spell, so 41)

<Xandhil> !roll 1d20+13

  • Denise rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Xandhil> !roll 1d20+12

  • Denise rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+9

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 11 ].
  • Xandhil rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Denise> (30 perception, 26 scent for Denise)

<DiablotinNarrator> Anyway those are fine - those of you who got a 25 or above can pick up a smell of death/decay coming from inside the temple.;

  • Denise wrinkles her nose

<Denise> well it doen't smell good...

<Dorien> Is there a graveyard here maybe?

<Denise> uhhh

<Denise> well, there might be dead....stuff >.>

  • Denise will go inside carefully, bracing herself

<DiablotinNarrator> How do you want to approach - go in the front door, or a window, or try to see if there's a back way to get in? It's built into the walls of the cave so to find another entrance might be tricky, but you could try.

<Genevriel> Or undead... stuff.

  • Denise is ust goign to go in the front way >.>

<Denise> I dunno if undead wyld just stay were they were

<Argent> if they couldnt get out maybe

  • Genevriel will flick on her Lifesense so if we hear any noises but nothing registers as alive, we'll know.

<DiablotinNarrator> what's the range on that, Gen?

<Genevriel> (It's like blindsight, and it stretches 30 feet)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Genevriel> I will let you know if there's anything alive within 30 feet of us.

<Genevriel> Dead stuff I can't find.

<Denise> I'm sure we'll find it, one wat or another >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> You head inside the building - the smell is stronger inside.

<Dorien> Or it'll find us

<DiablotinNarrator> You make your way past the entryway and into the main chamber, where you are able to identify the source of the smell - there are a couple of dozen dead bodies on the floor, laid out neatly in a large circle.

  • Denise will be alert

<Denise> ohhh...

<Dorien> Gods...

<Denise> eww :|

<Dorien> What happened here?

  • Denise looks to the magey types

<Genevriel> A creepy ritual, evidently.

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, as you enter into this room, you also detect something alive.

<Hettienne> Did the priest kill 'em? :o

<Genevriel> There's something living.

<Denise> maybe or he got 'em to kill 'emselves...

  • Genevriel will try to get a direction on that.
  • Hugonel stifles his gag reflex and stays clear of the bodies.

<Dorien> (Is there any sort of arcane significance to how the bodies are laid out? Arcana check?)

  • Argent will look for the living thing mentioned by Genevriel

<Hugonel> (yeah I was just going to ask - any sort of significance / known ritual?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can roll for K: Arcana, or if folks want to look at the bodies for possible causes of death, they can make Heal checks.

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+14

  • Denise rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 26 ].
  • Denise will also look for the alive person
  • Genevriel will check the living thing before the dead, in case it's someone who will die without a healer.

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+20

  • Denise rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 39 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> those are Arcana rolls?

<Hugonel> (yup)

<Dorien> (Sorry, that should be +21, so 40)

<Dorien> (yeah)

<Genevriel> (But I can certainly check the dead once I've made sure the living isn't about to join them.  :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Dorien and Hugo, with your Arcana check, you do think this was intended as some kind of ritual - there are faint markings on the floor and everything is laid out so precisely that it seems intentional. Dorien, since you got a 40, you think it has some resemblance to a summoning ritual, but it's weird and not quite right somehow. Maybe a ritual for sending someone somewhere else?

  • Woman emerges from the shadows at the far end of the room. She wears a ragged robe and has long, tangled red hair. Her eyes are clouded and she doesn't seem to see you, but she can certainly tell you're there - she holds a staff defensively as though she's ready to ward you off.

<Woman> Leave this place.

<Hugonel> Why?

<Hettienne> Who killed all these people??

<Argent> yes what happened here?

<Hettienne> Who killed all these people??

<Dorien> You sent him to the other world, didn't you? This was a sending ritual.

<Woman> They have ascended.

<Denise> uhh

<Denise> who*are* you :p

  • Woman bears a resemblance to Silvia, those of you who know her. Although she looks more worn and unhealthy.

<Sister_Silvia> I am Sister Silvia... I am all that remains here.

<Denise> (question for my own curiousity - are all the dead people human?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, the dead people are all human, as far as you can tell.

<Denise> (okay)

<Dorien> Why didn't you... ascend... with them?

<Sister_Silvia> One had to be left behind, to await his return.

<Genevriel> How does he get back?

  • Argent will detect evil

<Sister_Silvia> When he has gathered enough souls for the offering, then he will return, and bring this world to salvation.

<Genevriel> That's what I feared.

<Hugonel> What do you mean by 'salvation'?

<Denise> yeah I dunno if he's comin' back, prolly he'll just get killed :p

<Sister_Silvia> The souls here are not strong enough - pale copies of the true essence. He needs a purer source.

  • Sister_Silvia does not radiate evil, Argent
  • Sister_Silvia might radiate some crazy, though ;p

<Denise> (she suuuuuure does!)

  • Argent will detect Chaos just to be sure
  • Sister_Silvia does radiate that, yeah

<Genevriel> . o O (Hello? You souls out there... any thoughts on this?)

  • Genevriel silently asks the One.

<Sister_Silvia> This world is ending. Unless someone is strong enough to save it.

  • Sister_Silvia says in answer to Hugo

<Denise> [m] this place is so weird

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you get a sense from your voices of a lot of them saying "This bitch crazy".

<Denise> well I dunno how you think killin' folk is gonna save anything :p

<Sister_Silvia> They have ascended to the world beyond.

<Sister_Silvia> At least they will be spared when this world ends, if we are not able to save it.

<Hettienne> pretty sure they're just dead

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> like, they can go to The CEenter or wherever souls go I guess

<Genevriel> . o O (So we should stop her... plan... such as it is?)

<Argent> where is He havesting souls?

<Denise> Maybe they can get reborn somdwhere else but that woulda happened anyway?

<Denise> like, I don't think you cahnged anything except you killed them first :p

<Denise> if your world ends probably the same would happen anyway

<Denise> so.... yeah

<Aubrienne> What exactly is happening to*this* world?

<Genevriel> I know this is going to sound weird, everyone, but... many thousands of souls are currently letting me know she is nuts. Which, I suppose, is apparent. But you know, there was an infinitesimal chance that she was onto something.

<Aubrienne> She could be both crazy and on to something. A stopped clock and all that.

<Denise> I don't think she is though

<Sister_Silvia> He went to a brighter world, to seek more souls for the offering. The Black Ship will take them.

  • Sister_Silvia will answer Argent first

<Denise> the what?

<Dorien> The black ship?

<Hugonel> (have I ever heard of that?)

<Aubrienne> Offering to whom?

<Aubrienne> (Yes, likewise)

<Genevriel> The souls' opinion seems to be that she is not, in fact, onto something.

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can make k:planes checks on 'the black ship'. Dorien, you don't have to, you've seen it ;)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+16

  • Denise rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 28 ].
  • Genevriel will do a K:Planes thingy too

<Dorien> Son of a bitch...

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Dorien> She's talking about the dream ship.

<Dorien> The one I saw

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Aubrienne> (oy)

<Denise> what ship?

  • Denise asks Dorien

<Dorien> The one Zshua-agor showed me in my dream. It didn't look like a pleasure cruise.

<DiablotinNarrator> (nope, none of you who rolled know what the black ship might be :)

<Denise> so, uh, you give people to the black shi an then what :p

  • Denise asks Silvia

<Sister_Silvia> Then the bargain will be complete.

<Denise> an, like, who told you this was a good plan :p

<Denise> what bargain

<Sister_Silvia> The trade of souls in exchange for opening the Channel.

<Genevriel> ...

<Aubrienne> So these willing souls weren't enough, so you sent someone to go gather some souls with a better exchange rate? That about the gist of it?

<Genevriel> I really hope she doesn't mean 'Channel' as in her counterpart in our world.

<Genevriel> I rather like our Silvia.

<Hugonel> No, I think it might be much worse than that.

<Aubrienne> I think she means a way from here to our world.

<Argent> Who is "He"... the one doing the harvesting?

<Sister_Silvia> The Father.

  • Sister_Silvia makes a little sign of veneration at that

<Denise> Ugh

<Aubrienne> Guy that stabbed Jed.

<Denise> pretty sure he's just gonna get killed :p

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 35 ].

<Dorien> They sent him there with this ritual so he could get rowers for Zshua-agor's ship.

<Aubrienne> I mean, you did send one person to a whole world that's going to take exception to the idea of wanton murder.

<Aubrienne> I don't know how things go here, but folks in our world don't usually stand for that.

<Sister_Silvia> He is blessed - protected. He will fulfill his mission.

<Aubrienne> Oh, well, slavery then, rather than murder. Thanks, Dor.

<Denise> I feel like you're underestimatin' folks in our world :p

<Aubrienne> We have a lot of 'blessed' and 'protected' people, too.

<Dorien> Maybe we're underestimating him. If he's making deals with dream traders, who knows what kind of protections he has.

<Argent> Is the Father's body here?

<Genevriel> So this is a crazy thought, but... I've often wondered if there's... more than one version of us, in different worlds. Like Giant Hettie and Hettie, you're both pieces of the same soul. I have no proof for this, but, if that's the case, I wonder if this 'opening the channel' would catastrophically meld soul fragments together? Maybe only the ones from Andusk and our world, maybe more...

  • Argent looks at the circle of bodies

<Sister_Silvia> No - his ascension was bodily, not spiritual.

<Argent> Lucky him

<Denise> ugh

<Denise> Well, we'll just hve to count on other folks to sop what he's doin' I guess

<Argent> This was his home though? He stayed here, slept here, when he was on this plane?

<Denise> Unless we can do somethign' about the ship itself

  • Sister_Silvia nods

<Sister_Silvia> You speak without knowledge - you do not understand.

<Denise> pfft

<Dorien> Enlighten us.

<Genevriel> And in melding those souls it might make them stronger, and so her idea that Willem's foray into our world will strengthen this one might be true, in a convoluted sort of way.

<Genevriel> We do have a more stable plane.

<Aubrienne> But Willem bodily transported to our world. He didn't seem to meld with his counterpart.

<Denise> yeah...

<Genevriel> That's where this Black Ship and opening the Channel might come in.

<Genevriel> It's a lot of guesses, though.

  • Genevriel admits.

<Aubrienne> Well, madam, what exactly will opening the Channel do? (to Silvia)

<Denise> an that also means belivin' stuff she's said that you said are just crazy talk, too

<Sister_Silvia> When the Channel is opened, this world will have a guide once more. Channel will take her rightful place as the dreamer, and she will save us from destruction.

<Genevriel> I never said her talk was crazy. Just that she is. It would be crazy to meld soul fragments together.

<Aubrienne> Just to clarify, who is Channel, then?

<Genevriel> I can't even imagine the chaos that could cause. Well, I can. But... it is probably all just wild speculation. I should write a novel.

<Denise> Channel is.... Janelle I tjihnk? The girl she saw in the arch?

  • Genevriel smiles, remembering once, long ago, Madds said she should be a writer.

<Denise> maybe she thinks*they* will meld together.... that would be bad @_@

<Hugonel> That our Janelle will merge with this-Silvia?

<Denise> no, with Channle -the-person

<Hugonel> Ah. Hmm.

<Denise> so, like, our Empress an' their...dreamer, if that's what she gets to be :p

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that's just all kinds of bad.

<Dorien> They want her to be the one dreaming this place. To stabilize it.

<Sister_Silvia> Raina will recover our Channel from The Mother who holds her, and then when The Father makes his offering, the pact will be completed.

<Denise> ugh

<Denise> an, like, what's this got to do with Ilphere?

<Aubrienne> How much time does your world have?

  • Denise asks the people in her group

<Sister_Silvia> We cannot know the hour of the end, only that it will come. You would do well not to be here when it does so.

<Argent> maybe nothing... maybe why she's stuck here is for a similar reason, to stabilize the plane through other means

<Dorien> Or maybe she's meant for the ship.

<Genevriel> ...

<Denise> ugh

<Aubrienne> That ship sounds like it'd be a pleasure cruise for Ilphere. I mean, doesn't she deal with that weird extraplanar stuff all the time?

<Denise> I bet @_@

<Dorien> Not from that end.

<Aubrienne> Not that we shouldn't try to recover her, I'm just saying.

<Genevriel> So... bad thought. Our souls belong to the stronger plane, too. If Ilphere's going to be sacrificed to the ship, no reason we couldn't be, either...

<Denise> prolly she'd just like.... become the captain or somethin'

<Denise> we're not relly here though

<Aubrienne> That's not really any more danger than we were already in, though.

<Denise> an, ike, she's not really here either, she's just stuck sleepin'

<Hugonel> Do the souls to be sacrificed need to have doubles? Or does it not matter?

<Aubrienne> (To Silvia) Not for nothing, but did it occur to you to, you know,*ask* for help?

<Aubrienne> We've got a whole empire full of folks who might have been able to do something less...murder-slavey.

<Genevriel> Our physical bodies are still home, yes, but our metaphysical bodies - our souls, if you will - are here.

<Genevriel> Souls is what they're after.

<Aubrienne> Again, we were already in danger. No need to dwell on how much.

<Sister_Silvia> We have help. The merchant came to help when we needed him most.

<Argent> I'm sure he did

<Dorien> Of course he did.

<Denise> ugh.

<Aubrienne> Right, but, like, you could have gotten help that didn't require, again, murder and slavery.

<Argent> there is little we can do about it from here.... the best I can think is to find this Father's room, grab a belonging of his so we can scry him when we get back

<Genevriel> Can any of you cast permanence...?

  • Genevriel muses aloud.
  • Aubrienne raises her hand.

<Genevriel> No, never mind. It wouldn't work.

<Aubrienne> Fair enough, Argent.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> an then we see about Ilphere?

<Dorien> Well, apparently this one is necessary for his return (nods at Little Miss Murderface). Maybe we can cut that off somehow.

<Aubrienne> That doesn't sound ominous at all, Dor.

<Dorien> No, I don't mean... I mean like restrain her.

<Genevriel> That's why I asked about permanence, actually...

<Denise> or take her with us

<Denise> but like does she need to do anything or just like... be here to bake him a cake :p

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so... what are you guys doing? Trying to find something of Willem's to take for scrying, trying to kidnap Silvia...?

<Argent> they're desperate people making a horrible bargin with a creature that preys on the desperation... lets just do as I suggest and move on

<Argent> (yes lets find something of his for scrying)

<Denise> okay.

  • Denise will poke through more rooms
  • Aubrienne will likewise take a look around to see if there anything else of note.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can search around the temple - Silvia isn't really in a position to try and stop you, if she even really cared/understood.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can find (what you guess is) Father Willem's book of holy scriptures, that might be fun reading.

<Genevriel> Should we... cremate these poor people?

  • Genevriel asks out of Crazy's earshot, hopefully.

<Denise> ugh

<Genevriel> I don't feel right just leaving them there.

  • Denise says, eyeing the book
  • Denise will take it, though

<DiablotinNarrator> It's bound in ... some kind of skin. (ITSSKIN)

<Aubrienne> How controlled a burn can we even manage?

<Dorien> What did they used to do with bodies in the undercity?

<Aubrienne> We had facilities for it, Dor.

<Denise> yeah

<Genevriel> Would it really be a tragedy if this whole vile place got lost?

<Denise> a whole big ossuary

<Aubrienne> Not just, like, a pile and a match.

<Dorien> :/

<Genevriel> (Do I mean the temple, or the entire pocket dimension? Up to you. ;) )

<Denise> well this place catches than a whole bunch of other people would probably die too

<Aubrienne> I'm not overly concerned, Gen, but I wouldn't want it to spread.

<Denise> it iant liek they got a bucket brigade >.>

<Denise> an, like, you can't be like 'well these poor bodies' an then just be okay with other folks dyin' too :p

<Aubrienne> Overly concerned about this specific place, I mean. But there are other people in the Undercity, and while stone doesn't burn, there are other things that might.

<Denise> 'cause prolly these folks agreed to this

<Denise> 'caise they're crazy

<Aubrienne> Also, air would be a big problem.

<Denise> yeah

<Genevriel> Just as well, I hate fire.

<Dorien> Is there someone we could tell? The authorities?

<Denise> the smell will bring 'em, eventually >.>

<Dorien> Let them sort it out.

<Hugonel> The Andusk police?

  • Genevriel laughs.

<Aubrienne> I can shape stone to maybe bury them, but it's kind of a big effort.

<Denise> just leave 'em

<Denise> lets go back an, I guess wait to hear back from th' others

They leave the temple and return to the inn

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so taking the book and heading back to the inn to wait for Xan and Justen to return?

<Aubrienne> Should we try to let folks back home know what's going on?

<Denise> yeah, if you can :o

<Dorien> (I'll flip through the book while we're heading back.)

<Dorien> (Unless someone else wants to)

  • Aubrienne is interested, but we can both go over it.
  • Aubrienne will Send a message back home when we get back to the inn.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - to who and what are you saying?

<Aubrienne> (Not sure to who. What's the best bet there?)

<Aubrienne> (Seems presumptuous to Send to the Empress >.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> you could send to Ander?

<DiablotinNarrator> he probably can get word to her ;)

  • Denise approves this plan :V

<Aubrienne> (That was my thinking)

<Denise> also say HI BOSS if you've got the space :3

<Genevriel> (Did we rent rooms to sleep? Or are we just hanging out in the common room of the mystery meat tavern?)

<DiablotinNarrator> I believe you asked if there were rooms, and they said yes, but as to where you're hanging out, that's up to you :)

<Argent> (though we got rooms)

<Aubrienne> (I'll Send "Father Willem trading Diablotin souls to master of ‘Black Ship’, Zshua-agor. Seeks to ‘open Channel’, possible catastrophic effect on Empress if successful. Denise says hi.")

<Ander> "Will pass info along to relevant parties. Father Willem remains at large, Alma's group is assembled to track him down, efforts are underway. Hi Denise."

<Denise> :3

  • Genevriel tries to sleep though it's not so easy to do anymore without a Madds to cuddle.

<Denise> (I don't think its that late, we're just regrouping)

  • Aubrienne will relay that info.

<Genevriel> (I can nap!)

<Denise> (true)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, after you cast your Sending and have a bit of a chance to rest, Xan and Justen will arrive at the inn and meet back up with you.

  • Xandhil can knock on the door to your rooms, if you're up there
  • Denise will check the door, and thrn let them in

<Xandhil> Hi

<Justen> Hey - how are you doing?

  • Xandhil will try to assess whether people are traunatized or not >.>

<Hettienne> uh so this place is fucked

<Denise> yeha like really fucked

<Hettienne> that's how i'm doin'

  • Genevriel rubs her eyes and sits up.

<Xandhil> like fucked as in fucked up, or fucked as in just terrible >.>

<Hettienne> Yes.

<Xandhil> or I mean, in danger

<Aubrienne> I'd heard of this place, but didn't realize it was just the demiplane of assholes.

<Hettienne> Also yes

<Genevriel> All of the above.

<Dorien> All of the above

<Xandhil> Right

  • Genevriel laughs at her cousin.

<Genevriel> Definitely not related.

<Xandhil> well... it isn't*all* assholes, but it;s hard to find the few that aren't.

<Hettienne> Yeah the folk running this place seem... nice >.>

<Xandhil> mostly assholes, I will grant. But it's... not all their fault.

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> anyway - is the plane in immediate danger? I thught it was still fairly stable :o

<Aubrienne> Yeah, but "the demiplane of mostly assholes is just wordy".

<Xandhil> fair

<Aubrienne> (So much incorrect punctuation on that @.@)

<Dorien> Well, Father Willem and his flock seem to think it is.

<Aubrienne> Well, they did...

<Xandhil> hmm.

<Justen> They're kind of... crazy, though, right?

  • Xandhil nods.

<Justen> So what they say might not actually reflect reality.

<Xandhil> It's miles better than when we were last here, anyway.

<Xandhil> I don't think collapse is imminent

<Justen> Yeah, I haven't seen any holes in reality yet at all.

<Xandhil> ugh, I'd forgotten about that >.>

<Justen> They've still got things like grass and everything.

<Xandhil> Did you learn anything else?

<Genevriel> Father Willem is harvesting souls on our plane to give to a Black Ship to open the Channel to a new dreamer.

<Genevriel> In a nutshell.

<Xandhil> hm.

<Xandhil> okay...

  • Xandhil thinks for a minute

<Justen> wasn't that kind of their plan last time? I mean, not the souls and the black ship and whatever, but making Channel the new dreamer?

<Xandhil> yes

<Dorien> Why her?

<Xandhil> Because she's his daughter, she's got some magical aptitude, and he raised her to do what he tells her, and he assumed he could control her.

  • Justen nods

<Xandhil> Willem is one of the people in this plane who has understood it's nature for the longest

<Denise> Ugh.

<Xandhil> yeah...

<Xandhil> The Channel is... probably the heart of the dream. It was opened last time, and Ruchard - not Prince Ruchard, but the dreamer he's named for - closed and sealed it.

<Xandhil> that's in the palace as well, and that might be where Loch is keeping Ilphere

<Xandhil> As for getting there.... Our contact doesn't have access anymore

<Xandhil> Loch has been consolidating his power, and that means killing or disposimg of his rivals

<Xandhil> he's suggested someone else we can tqalk to who might be able to help, but I thought we shoudl check in first

<Argent> who is this other someone?

  • Xandhil makes a face

<Justen> His name's Sendhel... he's Xan's dad's counterpart here >.>

<Xandhil> he works for the Cozovode embassies, but he has ties to people on the Irrdin'errin...

<Xandhil> Pheria, specifically, who is Ilphere's counterpart here

  • Justen nods

<Dorien> We left someone called "Sister Sylvia" at the temple. I think she's part of how Father Willem plans to get back. We should keep an eye on her at least. She's crazy as a soup fork.

<Xandhil> and they have access to the palace.

<Xandhil> well... at least it wasn't Raina >.>

<Argent> what's thier help likely going to cost?

<Xandhil> That's.... hard to say

<Xandhil> Let us worry about that

<Hugonel> What should we be worrying about then, other than the imminent demise of our universe?

<Xandhil> maybe find out more abut the Black Ship?

<Genevriel> Dorien can fill you in a bit.

<Xandhil> is it here? Cna it be...dissuaded in some manner?

<Xandhil> oh?

<Genevriel> I... doubt it's*here*.

<Hettienne> Of all the things I don't wanna do, getting on some demon slave boat is nearish the top

<Genevriel> Maybe it is, though.

<Argent> we could check the docks?

<Genevriel> Since this place is a dream.

<Genevriel> Was.

<Genevriel> Whatever.

<Dorien> It's captained by a... thing... called Zshua-agor. A dream trader. I met him a few times in my dreams.

<Dorien> He collects souls as rowers.

<Justen> Our contact also mentioned some shadar-kai that had disappeared...

<Justen> could be related?

<Argent> no harm in looking

  • Xandhil nods

<Genevriel> Which way to the docks?

<Xandhil> I've heard of this ship.... it draveks between the dramlands, so it*could* be here...

<Xandhil> once you get out of the undercity, you can orient yourself the same was as in regular diablotin

<Dorien> Would it even need a dock? I doubt it's limited to waterways.

<Xandhil> (Travels)

<Xandhil> it's limited to the logoc of the dreamrealm it's in, I think

<Xandhil> (logic)

<Hugonel> what kind of entity is this Zshua-agor? Are there others of its kind? I've never heard of it.

<Xandhil> From what I understand, you can't travel to other....real? planes from here anymore. Not reliably, anyway. But traveling between dream realms is clearly still possible, or we wouldnt be here.

  • Xandhil thinks

<Xandhil> !roll 1d20+23

  • Denise rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 36 ].

<Dorien> I have no idea what he is. I wasn't particularly keen to look under his hood.

<Genevriel> Well, you can travel from here to other real planes if you get a bunch of people to ritually sacrifice themselves...

<DiablotinNarrator> (Merchants of the dreamplanes are their own... thing. there are more than one of them, but they're not like a race of creatures, per se - like there aren't thousands of them.)

  • Xandhil can explain this

<Hugonel> It sounds like these merchants have been around for a long time, trading in souls. But what's happening here seems unprecedented.

<Xandhil> they do have certain attributes in common...

<Xandhil> how do you mean?

<Xandhil> I mean, Andusk itself is pretty unprcedented

<Justen> I hate to say this, but our task here is to get Ilphere and Vera back... if the plane is imploding, or someone's trying to take it over, that isn't necessarily within our, uh, mandate.

<Xandhil> no, except that it may be related

<Justen> Also - Ilphere has studied this place extensively over the years, is my understanding, so if we can get her back, maybe she can do something to help.

<Genevriel> Except that they're killing people on our plane to try to prevent that from happening, and if they succeed it might... affect our Empress.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> That too - though I think stopping Willem in our world is going to be the key to ending that

<Justen> Whatever's going on in our plane is in other people's hands.

<Dorien> We may not be able to stop him from here, but maybe we can somehow keep him from returning and fulfilling the bargain.

<Xandhil> if we can finish here, then I guess you can add your efforts to that

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Our best bet there is probably still Ilphere

<Genevriel> But what if we can prevent it here? I'd rather do something than twiddle my thumbs while waiting for you to set up a way into the palace for us to rescue people.

<Argent> which is why we try and see if the ship is here

  • Justen nods
  • Genevriel nods.
  • Denise also nods

<Xandhil> I think that is probably your best bet

<Xandhil> We'll come back here when we're through with our meeting, and if youre not to be found, I'll do a sending.

  • Xandhil can tell you a little bit more about the merchants first though...

<Argent> (yes tell us about the citizens of leng)

<Xandhil> (They can drain dexterity with a bite, they heal quickly through their connection to Leng, they ahev weird anatomy soe anythign you think might be a critical hit or a well aimed attack they arent anticipating may or may not be as effectie as you hope)

They head to the docks

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so you want to head off to the docks?

<Dorien> (I believe that is the concensus)

<Denise> (yarp)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can head up to the surface city again, and it's similar enough to Diablotin that you can navigate your way to the riverside.

  • Hugonel keeps an eye out for any alternate versions of himself ...
  • Genevriel keeps an eye out for anything that might pose a threat.

<DiablotinNarrator> Mostly what you see there are small fishing boats or ferries that go back and forth across the river, but the waterfront is overshadowed by a large black ship. People seem to be mostly ignoring it/avoiding it.

<Denise> whelp, I guess it's here :3

<Dorien> That... would be it.

<Denise> do we wanna just.... sneak on?

<Denise> Maybe we can let all the rowers free :D

<Dorien> I doubt it's that easy.

<Argent> I suggest surveying it for a little bit first before taking any action

<Argent> although I'm good with freeing souls

<Denise> okay

<Genevriel> If the rowers are souls, they're dead already, right?

<Dorien> Not necessarily

<Aubrienne> I thought they were physically taken.

<Aubrienne> Their service isn't always permanent, as I recall.

<Dorien> When Zshua-agor approached me he offered me something if I would claim a soul for him. He never said anything about killing them.

<Dorien> I said no, by the way.

<Dorien> Just to be clear.

<Genevriel> So I guess setting the boat on fire is not an option. Supposing it would even burn.

<Denise> not until we get folks off, anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> so you want to stake it out and watch for a bit?

<Dorien> (Yup)

<DiablotinNarrator> get a beer in a quaint little dockside tavern? ;)

<Dorien> ("Quaint")

<Denise> (sure)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, there's enough of you that you can avoid getting shivved anyway...

  • Denise is used to hanging out n seedy taverns making sure people don't get shivved
  • Dorien is used to not getting shivved.

<DiablotinNarrator> You settle in and watch for a while. Most people who pass by continue to ignore or at least avoid looking at the ship, but eventually you see two people (or two figures, anyway) appear on the deck.

  • Genevriel remains thirsty since she won't drink beer...

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, one looks like the merchant you talked to, although it's hard to say for sure it's the same figure - it is mostly swathed in wrappings and a hood, and from this distance it just looks sort of shapeless.

<Dorien> I think hat's him. Hard to be sure.

<Dorien> (that's)

<Denise> huh

<DiablotinNarrator> (he might also have a hat)

<Hettienne> Gives me the heebie-jeebies :|

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> (What's the other figure?)

<Aubrienne> I think he trades in heebies and jeebies.

<DiablotinNarrator> The other, however, is a human (looking) woman. She looks actually rather like Princess Ilphere, although... not. As you watch, she stretches a tentacle from her shoulder and shakes... things... with the merchant, before beginning to disembark from the ship.

<Aubrienne> With a lucrative side business in wiggins.

<Hugonel> Pheria.

<Aubrienne> Presumably.

<Dorien> Well shit.

<Denise> ugh :|

<Genevriel> Do you suppose our Princesses just got sold...?

<Denise> I hopw not

<Denise> what do we do?

<Denise> maybe we can captur Pheria an' make her take us to Ilphere >.>

<Genevriel> Wait... if they did get sold, they may not yet be delivered.

<Genevriel> And that might give us the opportunity we need to rescue them without having to break into... secure places.

<Denise> you think maybe it's this merchant what's keepin' her from leaevin?

<Denise> hmm

<Hugonel> I don't think it would be too hard, at least for her, maybe for the merchant too, to just overwhelm them, magically.

<DiablotinNarrator> She's walking down from the ship, and now making her way to a waiting carriage - what would you like to do?

<Dorien> Some of us should follow her

<Hugonel> I'm going to charm her.

<Denise> uhhh, okay @_@

<Dorien> Hugo, I know you think you're hot stuff but... oh, you mean like magically.

<Aubrienne> I was just about to ask that.

  • Genevriel tries desperately to repress a mental image of Hugo making out with a tentacled Ilphere-like person.

<Hugonel> Yes, Dorien. Not like at the compound, which was pure unadulterated Hugo.

<Dorien> Ugh.

<Aubrienne> Please never say that again.

<Hugonel> But just in case this doesn't work ... uhh, be ready?

<Hettienne> Didn't someone say that we should not go anywhere near her?

<Hettienne> >.>

<Denise> yeah.... but...

  • Denise seems uncertain

<Hugonel> Well, I'm open to other suggestions

<Hugonel> But just standing here and watching her isn't an option.

<Aubrienne> We could just follow and keep an eye on her.

<Denise> yeah, maybe tha's better

  • Dorien rolls his eyes slightly.

<Aubrienne> Maybe Dor can talk to the trader, get some info? If it's the same guy.

<Denise> or we keep on with our same plan an try an take him out

<Aubrienne> For certain values of "guy".

<Genevriel> I think some of us should keep an eye on the ship in case new slaves are going to be delivered.

<Hugonel> Fine.

<Dorien> Sneaky people follow her. The rest stay here and keep track of the ship.

<Denise> if they sneaky folks even wanna >.>

  • Denise eyes Hettie and Argent

<Aubrienne> I can follow Pheria with my ring.

<Denise> not by yourself D:

<Aubrienne> Low chance of getting caught, and I can teleport away if it gets dangerous.

<Aubrienne> Though teleporting around here seems like a bit of a risk...

  • Hugonel casts a Friendly Face with Persistent Spell on himself, since we're going to be wandering around here

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so who is going where?

<Dorien> (Staying at the docks in case we ned to talk to Zshua-agor)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, Aubrienne, and... Hettie and Argent to follow Pheria, Dorien, Gen, and Denise to stay back and watch the ship?

Hugo, Aubrienne, Hettie, and Argent follow Pheria to the island

  • Hettienne will be a rat.

<Dorien> (Sure)

<Hettienne> . o O (this is such a bad idea)

  • Denise is not happy about splitting up, but is certainly not going to leave Gen and Dorien unprotected

<Denise> be careful :3

  • Hettienne grumbles in Rat
  • Hugonel will case Grand Destiny on each one of the three of us also

<Denise> 9Four of you?)

<Hugonel> (sorry, yes, all four of us)

<Hugonel> (you may add +4 to any three attack rolls, caster checks, saves, or skill checks, declared before you roll)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - well, the carriage can't go too fast through the crowded streets, so you can keep up with it relatively well. Make a Perception roll to make sure you don't lose it in the crowd or anything?

<Hugonel> also, Heroism on the three of you, and Greater Heroism on me, why not

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+18

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 35 ].

<Hugonel> (+2 to all attack rolls, saves, and skill checks across the board, and it does stack with Grand Destiny)

<Hettienne> (so make that 37)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+12

  • Denise rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 26 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> well the rat on .. Aubrienne's shoulder, probably? is able to keep track of it fine :)

<Hettienne> (yeah aubrienne)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can track it to a bridge that goes across the river to the equivalent of the Imperial Island, where if things are like home, you can guess probably is where the palace is, and/or various government buildings probably?

<DiablotinNarrator> It will come to the end of the bridge, where guards are stationed, and a large gate blocks the exit, and after a brief pause, her carriage is allowed through.

<DiablotinNarrator> Do you want to try to continue to follow? You'd have to get past the guards.

<Argent><w> could you "talk" our way past Hugo?

<Hettienne> (well rat + invis person might be able to)

<DiablotinNarrator> (true, or Hugo might be able to charm them)

<Hugonel> Yes, I think I could.

  • Hugonel casts Aura of the Unremarkable

<Hugonel> (once we're at the end of the bridge, that is)

<Hugonel> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aura-of-the-unremarkable

  • Hugonel gets out and speaks to the guards

<Hugonel> (their save DC is ... 24 Will)

<Aubrienne> (jeez)

<Hugonel> Good day!

<Hugonel> Please allow us to pass, good citizens.

<Guards> !roll 1d20

  • Denise rolls for Guards: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 9 ].

<Guards> Well this all seems in order, proceed.

<Hugonel> Why, thank you!

  • Argent nods as well
  • Hugonel gets back in the carriage.

<Hugonel> (sorry, nm)

<Hugonel> (how far ahead of us is the carriage?)

<DiablotinNarrator> not too far - you can still see it once you pass through the gate. You can keep track of it and try to catch up.

<Hugonel> (ok, we do so)

<Argent> (with a little more caution as we no longer have a crowd to conceal our actions)

<Hugonel> (yes although for the next 12 minutes we are still Unremarkable)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can follow it up to the point where it stops and Pheria gets out. She appears to be heading into a building - you don't know what specifically it is, other than 'large and imposing'.

<Hugonel> (are there guards at the door?)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are not, at least not outside.

  • Argent will casting Find Quarry on Ilphere

<Argent> (since we are on the island)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can sense she is within that range, about... let's say 1 mile away, and know the direction. she is not currently moving.

<Argent> (but not in the building Pheria went in)

<DiablotinNarrator> Correct, not that building.

<Argent> Ilphere is that way about a mile, not where Pheria went

<Hugonel> So ... we just go get Ilphere?

<Argent> Do we keep following or scout out where Ilphere is, since were here already

<Aubrienne> We could go take a look?

<Argent> agreed

<Hettienne> Didn't they tell us to stay away from her? :|

<Hugonel> From Ilphere?

<Argent> were staying away from Pheria

<Aubrienne> Yeah, we could try to track down Ilphere, at least get a sense of the situation.

<Hugonel> While I do want to see this tentacled version of our Princess, I agree that ... well, we might as well just try to retrieve our people, which is why we're here.

<Argent> Pheria isnt leading us to Ilphere

<Hettienne> Good. Just so we're clear

<Argent> (so we head towards where I sensed Ilphere)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so you're going in the direction Argent's spell indicates Ilphere is in.

<DiablotinNarrator> You walk some ways, looking inconspicuous, as various strange or alarming denizens of this place pass you by without seeming to pay too much attention. As you're doing so, Hugo, you are keeping an eye out, and see a man who you feel a strange affinity with. He is carried in a palanquin, and you glimpse him in passing.

<Hugonel> (uh oh)

<DiablotinNarrator> He looks Shadar-kai, but oddly pale, with silvery-white hair and pale white skin. As he passes, he turns to look at you, and seems to notice you, as no one else is doing.

  • Man orders his bearers to stop.
  • Man looks eerily like you, Hugo, only, creepier? ;p

<Hugonel> (it's probably been more than 13 minutes since the guards huh? dang. I still have Friendly Face on me though)

  • Man approaches you.

<Argent><w> Trouble?

  • Hugonel says nothing but looks ahead at the man, trying to size up the situation.

<Argent> (does he seem aggressive, angry, or just curious?)

  • Man does not seem aggressive at the moment, but confused/curious perhaps.

<Man> Who are you?

  • Man asks as he approaches, directing his question to Hugo.

<Hugonel> My name is Eletheni.

  • Hugonel extends his hand warmly, hoping that handshakes are culturally appropriate in Andusk.

<Man> What brings you here, Eletheni?

  • Man shakes hands, perhaps a bit puzzled, but not horrendously offended at least!

<Hugonel> I'm here with friends, and to make new friends. And you?

<Man> Why, I am here as befits my station as one of the rulers of the city. We don't often have... friendly visitors.

<Hugonel> My apologies, sir, I do not know all the names and faces of our rulers. I would know yours, if you would share it.

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugozel Silv'era, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And your young ... companion here?

<Hugonel> This is my son, Mortemer.

<Argent> Good to meet you Hugozel Silv'era

  • Hugozel nods a polite greeting to young Mortemer, then.

<Hugozel> Very forward of me, but would you care to join me for a bite?

<Hugonel> Ahh ... we are most appreciative of the offer, but we should be on our way.

<Hugozel> Oh no, how disappointing.

<Hugonel> I mean no offense.

<Hugozel> You have given none, I assure you.

<Hugonel> Perhaps ... what do you think, Mortemer?

<Argent> Father, I am loath to interrupt, but such an offer is a unique opportunity... may we at least consider even for a short time?

<Hugonel> Well ... if you are hungry, then I suppose it would not unduly delay us.

  • Hugozel gestures to his ride, then, inviting you to join him
  • Hugonel does so, trying not to vomit all over his scarf in sheer terror.

<DiablotinNarrator> Then we'll skip back to the folks at the dock... :)

Genevriel, Dorien, and Denise, spot Loch the Lich at the boat

  • Genevriel casts Magic Circle Against Evil as a bit of protection, and watches.

<Denise> are we just stayin' put or are we gonna go talk to ...him?

  • Denise isn't sure exactly what our plan is here

<Dorien> Well, it would give away our presence... I say we just watch for the moment.

<Genevriel> I was thinking of watching for a while

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> If nothing happens and we get bored we can go talk to him.

<Denise> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You keep an eye on the ship (the merchant has gone back into his cabin, so you can't see him, but you can see if anyone comes or goes)

  • Denise waits, rying not to get distracted

<DiablotinNarrator> After a while - it's hard to gauge the passage of time here, as everything is always in perpetual twilight - another carriage pulls up. A man (?) in a mask gets out and approaches the ship.

<DiablotinNarrator> He is in a hooded cloak and the mask covers his face so you can't really get a good look at him.

<Denise> huh.... I wonder who that is but I bet prolly no one good >.>

<Denise> maybe that's Loch?

<Denise> can you tell if he's a undead?

<Dorien> Maybe I can get a closer look...

  • Dorien casts Arcane Eye.
  • Dorien will send it to where it can hopfully get a better view of the guy.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can do that. You send it around to get a better look at him. The main thing you're able to tell is that there are no eyes in the eyeholes of his mask. Just blank blackness.

<Dorien> Creepy...

<Dorien> No eyes.

<Denise> does that mean a lich?

<Dorien> I'm not sure. Maybe just magical darkness or maybe something worse.

<Dorien> (While I'm at it I'll send the eye around the ship and see if I can see inside it.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can send it up to a ... what's it called, the holes the oars come out of, or around to some windows of the cabin?

<Dorien> (oar hole?)

<DiablotinNarrator> The masked figure meanwhile boards the ship and will wait to get some service around here ;p The merchant shortly arrives to greet him, and they have some ... exchange of words, which appears short and ... not angry, maybe, but curt.

<DiablotinNarrator> Anything you peek through to try and see inside the ship, Dorien, reveals only inky blackness within. It's like inside the ship is either magically dark, or peers into the Void itself.

<DiablotinNarrator> The masked figure points with a gloved hand in what looks to you guys like a "get the hell out of here" kind of way, and then storms off.

  • Dorien will suck it up and send the eye into an oar hole.

<DiablotinNarrator> The eye sees blackness.

<Dorien> Void... I can't see anything inside the ship.

<Dorien> It's like it's just empty blackness.

<Denise> the one guy is leaving...

<Denise> I don't think they're friends >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> The masked person goes and gets back in their carriage, and it sits there for a few moments, not driving away immediately.

<Denise> hnnnn what do we do >.>

<Genevriel> I think boarding a ship that we can't see in is probably not wise.

<Dorien> I'm not sure we could get on board if we wanted to.

<Denise> well, but do we just keep waitin' or go after the carriage or go talk to the guy an see who that was an why they don't like im?

<Dorien> I'm not sure that "On board" has any kind of sensible meaning, at least in a physical sense.

<Denise> they went on deck just fine

<Dorien> Hmmm

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, what would you guys like to do?

<Denise> I could go talk to the guy in the coach

<Denise> just like say hey whats' that ship maybe >.>

<Denise> I can oroly get away f somethin' goes wrong

  • Dorien shrugs.

<Dorien> Worth a shot, I guess.

<Dorien> If you're up for it

<Dorien> Tell him you're a dock worker maybe.

<DiablotinNarrator> So you're going to go up to the carriage, Denise?

  • Denise will go up to the c arriage yessss

<Genevriel> Can you keep your... eye... on her?

<Genevriel> Hettie will kill us if something happens to her.

<Dorien> Can do...

<Dorien> ...for a few minutes anyway...

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Denise will tap at the door :3
  • Masked_Figure is sitting in the carriage muttering to himself, Denise. Possibly casting a spell?
  • Masked_Figure turns to look at you after a moment, with those vacant eyeholes.
  • Denise will try and remember what he is doing

<Masked_Figure> What?

<Denise> Uh @_@

<Denise> um...

<Denise> Do you know what that, um ship is about?

  • Denise sounds legit terrified because she is

<Denise> It's, uh... Scray. Like, you @_@

<Masked_Figure> It's a ship of lies - stay away from it if you know what's good for you.

  • Masked_Figure gives a sort of weird chortling sound that might be his effort at a laugh.

<Denise> (scary)

<Masked_Figure> Don't worry, girl. I'm not going to hurt you. The opposite, in fact.

<Denise> Well... I'm kinda like..... worried abotu the... people on it?

<Denise> D:

<Denise> Are hyou.... Loch? D:

<Masked_Figure> Yes, that is my name.

<Denise> I heard... um... father willem was selling people to the ship @_@

<Loch> He is a madman - it would not surprise me. As for the people on it, I will endeavour to ... extricate them, before the vessel departs for foreign shores.

<Loch> No one takes my people without my permission.

<Denise> okay.. that;s good @_@

  • Denise does seems little warily relieved at that

<Denise> Are we all... your people?

<Denise> What does that mean?

<Loch> The people of this world are all my people, in that I am responsible for their safety as best as I'm able. Nobody gets to come into my plane and interfere with them.

<Denise> oh, uh, great ^_^;;

<Loch> If all goes well, there will be many changes soon. Be prepared, child. Be ready for a new world.

<Denise> what's happening? :o

<Loch> There will be a union - or reunion, one might say. And when it is complete, we will no longer be cut off, alone. We will have the vastness of the planes spread out before us. We will be freed.

<Denise> how? :o

<Denise> gosh

<Loch> All in due time, child. Rest easy.

  • Loch tosses you a couple of coins because you look like you're probably A Poor, and will drive off in his carriage.
  • Denise will scrabble for the coins
  • Denise will hughtail it back to the inn

<DiablotinNarrator> (and we'll end there for now, but you can go back to the others :)