Diablotin 3 session 67

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 67 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: January 21, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Denise reports her conversation with Loch to Dorien and Genevriel

<Diablotin_Narrator> well, I think we can start with Denise and crew, I guess, since Argent is with the other team - maybe Denise can let people know about what she and Loch chatted about ;)

  • Denise will take her money and come back over to Gen and Dorien

<Dorien> (I'll be Dorien for now if needed)

<Denise> well... that went okay I think @_@

<Denise> He said he's not gonna let them take any folks away or like interfere in "his" plan

<Dorien> uh... what's his plan?

<Denise> and that he was to....reunite this place with the other planes?

<Denise> he didn't give me details

<Denise> just like - 'we'll be free'

<Denise> an 'we won't be cut off' an stuff

<Denise> but liek, maybe he wants to stick this plane back to the real ones? I dunno - but we can't let him do just whatever he wants to the princesses

<Dorien> so he's not making a deal with the guy on the boat, though?

<Denise> no, he didn't like him very much

  • Dorien nods

<Denise> he said it was a ship of lies

<Denise> and he'd try an get folks back before it left

<Denise> so that's good, right?

<Dorien> I wouldn't have thought I'd be agreeing with the lich, but yes. I think that's better than the alternatives, at least?

<Denise> yeah....

<Denise> so what do we do now? Keep waitin' here or...?

<Dorien> Hey, he gave you some money, we can buy another drink while we wait.

<Denise> here or at th' other place?

<Dorien> I feel more comfortable keeping an eye on the ship, personally. I mean.. not comfortable. It's awful. But at least this way we'll know if it's doing anything else weird.

<Genevriel> I'd also prefer watching the ship.

<Denise> okay

  • Denise will get us some new drinks, slightly selfishly disappointed
  • Genevriel hopes there is something non-alcoholic for her.
  • Denise can pay a little more for some potable non-booze ;)

Hugo and Argent have dinner with Hugozel; Aubrienne and Hettie remain rats

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay, we'll switch over to the other group who are hanging out with alt!Hugo)

<Hugonel> (OK, so we're just going for dinner with him now?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (well, you're going for ... a bite :)

  • Diablotin_Narrator will bring you to a charming little restaurant alongside the river.

<Diablotin_Narrator> (oops ww)

  • Hugozel will bring you to a charming little restaurant alongside the river.

<Argent> (still on the island?)

<Hugozel> (no, off the island - if you want to object to going off the island I can back up to allow that :)

<Argent> (I'm fairly confident we can make it back without issue, so I have no problem)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay)

  • Hugozel clears the place out so we can enjoy a private little chat.
  • Hugozel basically just waves his hand and is like "you're all done your lunch now, bye" and people agree and leave ;p

<Argent> (is it a respect thing, an intimidation thing, or a magic charm kinda thing?)

<Hugozel> (little from column a, little from column b... possibly quite a bit from column c)

  • Hugonel tries to look like that is a perfectly normal thing to have happened.

<Hettienne> >.>

  • Hugozel will have a seat at the largest table, and indicate that you're welcome to join him.
  • Hettienne looks for cues as to wtf she is supposed to do >.>

<Argent> (arnt you and Aubrienne still rats?)

  • Argent will sit after Hugonel
  • Hugozel will order some dishes from the terrified waiter ;p

<Hettienne> (oh right, lol)

<Hugonel> (don't worry, we're all rats compared to him ...)

<Hugozel> So. Eletheni and Mortemer. Interesting names.

<Hugozel> Very sweet of you to name your son after my late, unlamented great-grandfather.

  • Hugonel tries to judge whether he is being sarcastic or something with that comment.

<Hugonel> (with my 0 Sense Motive)

<Hugozel> (heh. well you think he is not just being politely complimentary)

<Hugonel> Ah, well, yes.

<Hugonel> This is a lovely restaurant. I don't think I've been here before.

<Argent> I know I have not

<Hugozel> It's acceptable. the view is good.

<Argent> (is there anything special about the view?)

  • Argent will look at the view

<Hugozel> (it looks across the river at the palace)

<Argent> Can we see where you reside from here?

<Hugozel> Yes, just barely.

  • Hugozel will point it out.

<Argent> (can I orient our current location to where I sensed Ilphere?)

<Argent> (and can I see it?)

<Hugozel> (you think the area where you could sense Ilphere is probably the largest building on the island - which has a big domed roof and is quite visible from here. Where specifically in there, you're not sure, but that was the direction you sensed her in.)

<Argent> and that one?

  • Argent will point to the larged domed roof

<Hugozel> The Hall of Oracles. Our council chambers and meeting place.

<Argent> Ah... that makes sense now that you say it

  • Hugozel turns to Hugo once the food arrives.

<Hugozel> I believe we share something in common, Eletheni. A certain unnameable bond.

<Hugonel> I feel what you are saying, though I do not know what it is called. Please enlighten me.

<Hugozel> My mentor calls it a resonance. A harmonic attunement of beings.

<Hugonel> Who is your mentor?

<Hugozel> Loch du Champe.

  • Hugonel nods.
  • Argent will have an impressed look on his face

<Hugonel> Ever since I was very small I felt certain connections, maybe 'resonances' like you say.

  • Hugozel nods

<Hugozel> He believes that these resonances can be exploited to great effect - profound shifts in our world.

<Hugonel> Exploited how?

<Hugozel> They can be used to facilitate drawing our plane into alignment with a more stable plane. Like calls out to like.

<Hugonel> Well ... I don't know about any of that. But it sounds fascinating.

<Hugozel> If you would be willing to go with me to speak with him, I'm sure he would be able to make it clear. Perhaps I'm not explaining it well.

<Hugonel> It would be a great honor to arrange such a meeting someday.

<Hugozel> Mm. Yes, although time is of the essence.

<Hugonel> It is?

  • Hugozel smiles, showing small fangs.

<Argent> (so vampire)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (it would seem so)

  • Hugozel fixes his gaze on Hugo

<Argent> Are the Kaorti here too?

  • Hugozel is distracted for a moment and turns to look at you, Argent

<Hugozel> what do you know of them?

<Argent> I know they are from the far realms, they come to Planes and "harvest" from them all the resources

<Argent> we've had trouble with them and when you said time is of the essence, I thought maybe thats what you were refering to

<Hugozel> You're more clever than you look :)

<Hugonel> I've often said that he's a clever boy.

  • Argent gives Hugo an annoyed glare

<Hugozel> They have sent scouts but our plane lacks sufficient energy to be of great interest to them, I think. And we've killed any that we've detected, which may be something of a deterrant.

<Argent> That's good for you, at least in that respect

<Hugozel> Less good for their hosts, but there are necessary sacrifices.

  • Hugozel turns back to Hugo

<Hugozel> All right, enough chit chat... come with me.

  • Hugozel attempts to dominate you, Hugo. You can roll a will save.

<Hugonel> (ok, sec)

<Hugonel> (has it been 130 minutes since I cast my Grand Destiny spell?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (uhh I'll say no, it hasn't been that long)

<Hugonel> (ok, will use it then)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+19

  • Lan-werk rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 34 ].

<Hugonel> (can I try to use my amazing Intimidate power that I've never tried before?)

<Hugozel> (you can!)

<Hugonel> Why, good sir, I think someone of your intelligence and grace would know that trying something like that on someone against whom you're outmatched is ... imprudent. Wouldn't you agree?

<Hugonel> (does he count as type: human, or is he something else?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> his type is undead (augmented humanoid)... so I think probably not "human"

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+25

  • Lan-werk rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+25 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 25 ] totals [ 39 ].

<Hugonel> (ok,*only* 39 then)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (lol)

  • Hugozel looks shaken
  • Hugozel stands and steps away.

<Hugonel> I wonder how your 'mentor' will react when he finds out that you have shared so much information with us?

<Hugozel> This isn't over.

  • Argent stands

<Hugonel> Thank you, good sir, for the meal. It was delightful.

<Hettienne> . o O (what the fuck is happenin)

  • Hugozel turns into a wisp of vapour and floats away.

<Hettienne><rat>... okay

<Hugonel> Hmm. Well, I was going to be happy to go with him, but then he had to go and try to charm me, and we just can't have that.

<Hettienne><rat> so that ... happened O_o

<Argent> He's going to be trouble

<Waiter> um... excuse me. Do you want a to-go box?

  • Waiter gestures to the plates of uneaten food.

<Aubrienne><rat> That feels like it's going to come back to bite us. No pun intended,

  • Argent looks at Hugo

<Hugonel> Yes, of course, what do you expect?

<Hettienne><r>uuughhh

  • Hugonel says to the waiter, exasperated.
  • Hugonel turns back to the group.
  • Waiter will pack up your food, then.

<Hugonel> Once he knew that we were not ordinary inhabitants of this realm, he was always going to be trouble.

<Hugonel> He tried to charm me because he realized, in some way, that I was his double.

<Argent> He's a vampire, its something they do

<Hugonel> Right. So we should definitely go. But I thought that Hettie and Aubrienne should be able to enjoy some of this food, don't you agree, friends?

<Argent> lets go back

<Hugonel> Indeed.

  • Hugonel takes the food and we head out.
  • Argent will leave the restaurant with the boxes

<Waiter><m> fucking vampires

The party hears what Xandhil and Justen have to say

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay - so Xan was going to do a sending I think? to let people know what's up. Who were you going to send to?)

<Xandhil> (Aubrienne I think)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay - so let's have that arrive as they're leaving the restaurant I think)

<Xandhil> (okay)

<Xandhil> "We have a way to get us in to the palace - Can we meet back at the Inn to discuss and plan?"

<Aubrienne> "Can do. We have more specific location of prisoners, discuss in person. Met Hugo's double, our presence is known and rescue timetable may be truncated."

<Argent> (so round up folks and head back to the inn)

<Aubrienne> (That would be my thought)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay - you can regroup at the inn and make your plans.

<Denise> (I assume soneone will come retrieve us?)

<Argent> (yes)

<Diablotin_Narrator> yeah, they know where they left you, so I assume they can swing by there and then head back to the undercity to meet up with Justen and Xan

<Denise> (keen)

<Argent> My dropping the Kaorti may leave Hugo's double thinking were here looking for means to deal with them

<Denise> what?

<Argent> fun story, we ran into Hugo's vampire dream double

<Denise> huh

<Hettienne> well, aren't we kinda? in a roundabout way

<Denise> I talked to Loch @_@

<Hettienne> What? Why?!

<Xandhil> uhhh..

<Hettienne> WHat possessed you, girl??

<Argent> wow

  • Hugonel lays out the lunch leftovers for whoever wants it.

<Denise> He just thought I was some street kid >.>

  • Hettienne is not too mad to eat.

<Hettienne> Are you*sure*?!

<Denise> he came by the boat an' yelled at the merchant

<Denise> I told he I' was scared Father Willem was sellin' folks to the boat

<Denise> he said he weren't gonna let them take any folks from ~his plane~

<Denise> an that CHange was comin.

<Denise> He wants to like... stick this plane somewhere with the other ones I think?

  • Xandhil nods

<Argent> yeah using resonance or something from the doubles to "stabilize the plane" the vampire was yammering about that too

<Denise> He gave me money :p

<Xandhil> Hmmm... interesting

<Xandhil> Well

<Xandhil> That's better than Pheria's plan @_@

<Xandhil> I mean, maybe not for the people involved

<Xandhil> From what we were abot to find out, it looks like the Merchant is double dealing with her and Willen=m

<Argent> what's her plan, selling souls to the black ship too?

<Xandhil> No... she wants to secure this plane to a stable dream plane

<Xandhil> Probably Leng.

<Xandhil> So that would be terrible

<Denise> isn't that where the merchant is from? D:

<Argent> for most of the regular people I would say

<Xandhil> exactly.

<Xandhil> I hope this incident with your double won't make things too much more difficult... If you have some kind of anti-scryings spells, this would be a good time to use them.

<Xandhil> any of you that he met

<Hettienne> I don't think he noticed me'n' Bree

<Hugonel> I don't have anything to protect against scrying, I'm afraid.

<Xandhil> (Actaually wait,)

<Xandhil> (I thought it was self only but it isn't)

<Xandhil> Who all did he meet?

  • Xandhil nods

<Argent> Hugo and myself

  • Xandhil can caset nondetection on Hugo and Argent then
  • Argent will cast see invisible

<Argent> I'll notice the sensor if one happens

<Genevriel> So, it sounds like we should rescue the princesses and get back to our plane to prevent anyone with doubles here from being used for their soul resonance, then...?

<Xandhil> I..... yeah.

<Xandhil> So

<Xandhil> I did a sending to Channel

<Xandhil> Becuse I wanted to know if it really was her that Janelle talked to in the Arch

<Xandhil> And it was - she said Mother took her there, and I'm afraid she meant Raina

<Xandhil> in the underarch

<Xandhil> So, anyway, as much as we need to rescue the princesses, and that's still a priority, I'm concerned that if we just leave them to sort out their stabilization issues on their own, it will still have an impact on our plane

<Genevriel> Right. They'll keep trying and I can't really blame them. We'd fight against oblivion if the roles were reversed.

<Argent> Is there a way we could help them stabilize it? Do we even want that?

<Justen> Ilphere probably knows more than anyone about what is going on with this plane... so rescuing her would be a good first step towards sorting it out.

<Genevriel> So, what do you propose?

  • Xandhil nods to Justen

<Xandhil> Get her back, and then sort it out

<Justen> We have a way to get into the palace, at least. From there, finding Ilphere and Vera and securing them. Then.. we'll see, I guess.

  • Xandhil nods

<Argent> they're in the Hall of Oracles, where in there... its a big building?

<Xandhil> We're goign to need physical disguises - there's too much magical detection to try and use magic.

  • Xandhil nods

<Genevriel> Is everyone good to go, or would it be prudent for you Arcane casters to get some rest so you're at maximum capacity for spells?

<Aubrienne> Do we have the time for that?

<Aubrienne> It feels like the sooner we go the better.

<Xandhil> If Hugo's double is working with Loch, then we might not

<Genevriel> Well, let's get some costumes together, then, and go.

<Hettienne> Uhhh I didn't exactly bring a wardrobe department

<Xandhil> The person who is goign to help us with this is from the Embassies. Were going to meet him at the house of one of our local allies...

<Xandhil> There's be more to work with there.

<Xandhil> But uh.. He's, hmm. A dangerous letch.

<Genevriel> We're big boys and girls. We can say no.

<Xandhil> Yes, I just want you to know what to expect.

<Xandhil> He knows what's going on and where we're from

<Aubrienne> We already have to worry about a dangerous lich. I think we'll be fine.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> true enough

  • Denise frowns

<Denise> Well I guess let's go...

Everyone gets into disguise and goes to the hall where Ilphere and Cordovera are being kept

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay, you can head to the "local ally's" house.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Which is a big fancy house in the rich section of town - equivalent to the Grand in your city.

<Xandhil> The owner isn't here, but his partner is....

<Xandhil> Uh, fair warning, that's the double fo the Warlord's husband, if any of you have ever met him?

<Xandhil> He name is Cesar Nasarius....

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Xandhil> And the contact from the Embassy is Sendhel

<Xandhil> Cesar is a good guy. Sendhel is more...self-interested.

<Genevriel> He's your father's double, isn't he.

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> He is.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> You're not responsible for him. No need to be so apologetic about him.

<Xandhil> I don't think he knows that I'd I'd rather keep it that way.

<Xandhil> no.... I'm apologetic about you having to deal with him >.>

<Xandhil> Do keep in mind - he is a lot more dangerous than he appears

<Genevriel> We'll be fine.

  • Genevriel can't help but glance over at Hugo. She hopes no one notices.

<Genevriel> Well, mostly fine.

  • Hettienne snickers.
  • Xandhil seems to be known/expected by the guards, at least, when he knocks
  • Cesar will welcome you into the house - he's a middle aged (maybe around 50-something) human with mostly-grey hair and big muscles ;)

<Cesar> Hi :)

<Xandhil> Hi :)

<Xandhil> These are the rest of the group...

  • Genevriel nods a polite greeting.

<Xandhil> Is Sendhel here?

  • Sendhel is lounging on a couch but will get up when you arrive. He's probably mostly SK, with some other stuff thrown in to explain the blue-green eyes. He looks like San but, uh, tartier.

<Xandhil> (and less scrawny)

<Sendhel> (yeah)

<Sendhel> darlings, you made it :) is it time for dress-up?

  • Sendhel gives an appraising look over his subjects
  • Denise eyes this guy a little dubiously

<Sendhel> Yessss, I think can work with this >:D

  • Hettienne eyes him very dubously

<Argent> shall we then

<Genevriel> Let's get on with it, then.

<Genevriel> Time may be short.

<Sendhel> come along, then, poppets ^-^

<Denise><m>goody >.>

  • Sendhel will take you to ... presumably Kalman's wardrobe and fling open the doors to give you free access to a whole lot of tarty clothes.
  • Cesar looks to Gen and Denise...

<Cesar> Hey, so, you might find more things that fit in my wardrobe, if you like :)

<Xandhil> I can take care of mysef and Justen.... except the clothes

<Denise> okay...

<Genevriel> Sure.

  • Denise says, eying the stuff in the closet dubiously again

<Denise> I bet hettie can sort us out though if we gotta make changes to things...

<Denise> :3

  • Aubrienne moves in to start perusing the available tarty outfits

<Hettienne> I don't think anythin' in here is gonna fit me without a lot o' work...

  • Denise has 1000% confidence in her aunt :3

<Sendhel> So let me go over my plan - so you can take it into consideration as you're dressing :D

<Aubrienne> We could always layer things. Eventually everything would get covered, right?

<Hettienne> What're we even supposed to be

  • Genevriel will accompany Denise and Cesar to Cesar's wardrobe. Safety in numbers, right?

<Xandhil> yes.... what*is* the plan?

  • Sendhel points to Argent, Gen, Denise, and Justen.
  • Genevriel raises an eyebrow pointedly.

<Sendhel> You four - litter bearers. You just need to look like slaves, which should be easy enough.

<Sendhel> Nobody pays attention to slaves anyway :p

<Denise> great :p

<Argent> what about our weapons and armor, im not about to walk into that palace unarmed

  • Sendhel pulls out a plain looking bag.

<Sendhel> Into the bag with them!

  • Argent looks at Xan

<Xandhil> bag of holding I assume

  • Genevriel smirks a little, then turns to Justen.

<Xandhil> We only need to get in, then we can rearm

<Genevriel> We can be a matched pair.

  • Genevriel gestures at the red hair.

<Justen> heh, yeah

  • Argent nods accepting
  • Xandhil sighs and will go first, dropping his rapier in the bag
  • Justen puts in his flail + armor
  • Argent will then drop his rapier, revolver, a dagger, and strip of his mithral chain shirt, but keeps his knuckles which he tucks into his belt

<Hugonel> I'll be fine with no weapons, I have my scarf if needed.

<Hettienne> >:|

<Denise> I dno't got nothin anyway 'cept my wraps

  • Hettienne grumbles unhappily at turning over her guns

<Genevriel> I just have my club, but I suppose a slave wouldn't have one.

  • Genevriel drops it in.

<Aubrienne> (I don't think Aubrienne even brought a weapon)

  • Sendhel eyes Argent in particular.
  • Xandhil will pointedly take the bag from Sen once everything's inside

<Sendhel> You're really too pretty to be a load-bearing slave, but we'll pretend ;)

  • Sendhel gives your butt a smack

<Justen> hey, what am I, chopped liver? :p

<Xandhil> -__

<Xandhil> -___-

  • Argent frowns at Sendhel
  • Sendhel winks at you

<Argent> stay focused

  • Sendhel pouts but will get back to his description of everyone's roles
  • Sendhel points to Hugo, Aubrienne, and Xan next.

<Sendhel> You get to be delegates from the Embassy with me. You can probably pass for shadar-kai or elves with some makeup assistance.

<Aubrienne> o.O

  • Sendhel then turns to Dorien and Hettie, finally.

<Aubrienne> If you say so

<Sendhel> You two will be our prizes :) a pair of breeding slaves as a gift for my dear friend Pheria. Clearly the breeding is already underway!

<Xandhil> like I said.... I can take care of my own disguise

  • Dorien glances to Hettie, mildly horrified

<Hettienne> no

  • Genevriel stifles laughter.
  • Hettienne crosses her arms.

<Aubrienne> Oh, yeah, that's going to be a no go.

  • Xandhil sighs
  • Sendhel looks slightly piqued at your refusal
  • Denise looks facinated y horrified at how this is going to go

<Sendhel> Do you have any other suggestion, then, darlings?

<Denise> C...cann't she just be a goft on her own? >.>

<Denise> An dorien can be a elf or a a shadar kai too?

  • Sendhel eyes Dorien

<Sendhel> I ... suppose so. He's skinny enough to be an elf.

<Denise> or he can be like.... her doctor or somethin' I dunno >.>

<Genevriel> Seriously? I doubt breeding pairs of slaves have to fawn over one another.

<Genevriel> WE four are going to have to carry you lot. For fuck's sake, it's a disguise.

<Hettienne> I believe those two are gonna carry us and you're gonna PRETEND< so shut yer yap

  • Hettienne snaps

<Hettienne> he can get*disguised* as an elf.

<Dorien> That would be fine with me.

  • Dorien says hastily, before Hettie kills him.

<Argent> Its settled, lets be done with this

<Aubrienne> Okay, is there a specific look we need to be going for here, being Embassy folks?

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay, Sen will assist with the disguises as needed (he can take 20 on the ones that need a bit more.. work, like those who are pretending to be elves or SK ;)

<Argent> (how bad is the slave dress, from what I saw)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (loincloth?)

<Xandhil> strike a line between fancy and slutty

<Argent> (rest of stuff in Xan's bag then)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (okay)

<Genevriel> (Do women also get chest wraps? 'Cause if Gen has to parade naked through the streets, that's going to go over about as well as Hettie and Dorien being a 'breeding pair')

  • Xandhil says, gesturing at the closet

<Diablotin_Narrator> Sure, chest wraps are fine.

<Hettienne> ( but it's only a disguise... (:O )

<Genevriel> (Hey, if you get to be a special snowflake, so do I)

  • Denise would also prefer chestwraps.... hers are magic though so that's probably a no go :p)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay - you can imagine up what disguises you wish, and since Tuck isn't here I'll assume Dorien gets the sluttiest outfit possible.

  • Genevriel covers herself up as much as she possibly can while still giving off the 'slave' vibe.
  • Xandhil probably looks like one of his brothers :p

<Xandhil> so - where's the litter?

  • Cesar can show you where - they have one although I'm sure Kalman doesn't actually use it much.

<Xandhil> will this do?

<Cesar> (are you asking about your disguise, or the litter, and who are you asking?)

<Xandhil> (litter and Sendhel)

<Genevriel> (How many people are we actually looking at carrying? Even with Justen's 26 STR and Denise's whatever STR, 7 people seems a bit much)

<Genevriel> (or 6, whatevs)

<Denise> (not everyon has to be in it....Hettie and Dorien and one or two SK)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (I dunno, Justen's 'heavy load' is almost a ton.)

<Denise> (others can walk)

<Denise> (also that yikes)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (920 lbs)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (but also yes, some folks can walk)

<Argent> (so off we go)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Yes - you can head off in the direction of the island (again, for some of you).

<Argent> (who gets to stare at who's butts while carrying these lazy asses?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> maybe put the girls in front and the guys in back?

<Denise> (sure, Argent can stare at my butt and Justen can stare at Gen's :p)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (heh)

<Genevriel> (I mean, Gen's butt isn't *bad* but she might be a tad uncomfortable if she knew someone were ogling it)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay, well, you can make your way back to the guard post at the end of the bridge, and Sen can have a 'friendly chat' with the guards there until they let you through.

  • Sendhel smirks, pleased with his own performance

<Sendhel> There we go, darlings. The palace - and your destiny - await.

<Argent> (did we have a back way into the Hall?)

  • Sendhel can get you there.
  • Sendhel can talk to the guards there and distract them while you guys proceed in

<Sendhel> ("distract")

<Argent> (head can be distracting)

<Diablotin_Narrator> I like that you just said "can be", like maybe not always?

<Diablotin_Narrator> depending on the quality

<Argent> (exactly)

  • Argent will retrieve gear and dress once were safe inside
  • Sendhel would be affronted if you think his head-giving is not distracting, darling.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay - you are inside the large domed building which is apparently the 'Hall of Oracles'. It's pretty quiet here, so what would you like to do?

  • Argent will Find Quarry to get an orientation on Ilphere
  • Denise will put her wraps back on and her real clothes
  • Xandhil can retrive his things as well
  • Aubrienne will at least cast Mage Armor

<Hettienne> thank fuck.

<Hettienne> (YES. CLOTHES PLEASE. AND GUNS. YUB YUB)

  • Genevriel changes back into her clothes and rubs her aching shoulder
  • Xandhil can redistribute everyone's stuff, yes
  • Denise will stretch as well
  • Denise can show Gen a good one that will help some :3

<Diablotin_Narrator> Argent, you can pick up a direction to Ilphere.

<Genevriel> Thanks

<Argent> She's that way... "xxx" far

<Argent> Ilphere

  • Genevriel smiles for Denise.

<Aubrienne> Should I try to make us invisible, or will the magic give us away?

<Argent> probably plenty of magic here

<Genevriel> I can cast another magic circle of protection against evil that would protect us all if you stay close enough to me, if you think that would be beneficial

<Argent> (invis and head out)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (the head out is for Sen)

  • Aubrienne will cast Invisibility Sphere on an easily carryable object.

<Aubrienne> This way we can switch off if necessary.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay you can make your way towards the direction you can sense Ilphere in.

  • Genevriel will cast MCAE on herself. As long as you're within 10 feet of me, you're protected.

<Xandhil> (Is sen stayog wkth us or... did he just get us in and leave us to our own devices?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (he's busy distracting the guards ;)

<Xandhil> (I assume the latter, but just making sure >.>)

<Xandhil> (okay)

They meet Loch the Lich who wants to save his plane

<Diablotin_Narrator> You make your way carefully through the hall, avoiding being detected (as far as you can tell, anyway) and eventually you arrive at a large circular room. At the center you can see a raised platform with two women who look like they're sleeping. You can also see a relatively large number of creatures that look like skeletons, but with polished black bones, surrounding them on guard.

  • Xandhil will try to see if we are heading anywhere he is familiar with

<Argent> (k-religion on the skeletons?)

  • Xandhil will try DM on Ilphere and Vera

<Argent> !roll 1d20+11

  • Lan-werk rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Xandhil> (well the area I guess, but mostly interested in what's going on with them, and whether a Break Enchantment would help)

<Diablotin_Narrator> they're Black Skeletons, shockingly. Basically tougher than regular skeletons.

<Genevriel> If we choose to do something about these sentinels, please let me cast a spell before you rush in.

  • Genevriel murmurs just loud enough for the melee fighters to hear, she hopes.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Xan, you can detect that they're under a powerful enchantment - possibly like a sleep spell but stronger?

<Denise> I might be able to wake them.

<Denise> (LOL)

<Xandhil> I might be able to wake them.

<Diablotin_Narrator> (just punch them in the face, that should work)

<Denise> (LOL yes)

<Xandhil> They might be able to extricate themselves

  • Loch Dimension Doors into the room, arriving near the dais (in the middle of the skeletons)

<Argent> (crap)

<Xandhil> (well my DM is probably still up :V)

  • Loch is magic ;)

<Xandhil> (no kidding ;) Does he have any active spells?)

<Loch> I assume you are here to rescue your companions. Perhaps we can discuss this like reasonable people.

  • Loch speaks in your general direction.

<Aubrienne>*sigh*

<Loch> (I'm gonna say probably true seeing...)

  • Argent will step forward

<Denise> (goody)

<Argent> what exactly would you like to discuss?

<Loch> My continued use of them for a temporary period, in order to save the lives of thousands of people on this plane.

<Denise> (How far away are we)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (say about 40 feet)

<Argent> temporary period? Days? Years?

  • Xandhil will silent/still cast Telepathic bond with Ilphere

<Loch> Days - perhaps even less, if I can utilize the energy of other doubles as well.

  • Loch eyes Hugo. well not eyes. he doesn't have eyes. looks generally in Hugo's direction.

<Argent> So your plan is to use the resonance from the "doubles" to secure this dream plane

<Argent> that the short version?

<Genevriel> And what effects will your use have on these two and other 'doubles' once you've accomplished your goal?

  • Xandhil will give Ilphere the short short version of what is happening

<Loch> Correct. Their souls will draw towards one another, permitting the planar alignment to take place.

<Argent> And like she said, what is the cost to them?

<Loch> They will not be harmed by this process. It is merely a ... guidance mechanism.

<Genevriel> And what will a 'planar alignment' mean? Will your plane and ours become one?

  • Xandhil will also ask her opinion on the feasibility of this plan

<Xandhil> (Though I guess I could also roll myself :p)

  • Genevriel will also roll K: Planes to see if she can figure out what a 'planar alignment' might mean.

<Loch> No, not one. You are aware of the Shadow Plane, and its connection to your world - it would be similar in essence to that. A related plane adjoining yours, drawing on its energy to sustain itself.

<Xandhil> !roll 1d20+23

  • Lan-werk rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 35 ].
  • Argent looks back at the rest for the technical issues

<Denise> Well I don't know of you've got time with everyone else tryin' their plans :p

<Genevriel> (I'm trying to figure out if there could be long-term bad effects on the 'doubles' or on the planes)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Xan, you're uncertain whether this could work. Gen, you think it could work, but there could be unforeseen long term effects - it isn't something someone has tried before, at least not to your knowledge, since the creation of the Shadow Plane, and that was ...a long time ago.

  • Genevriel will explain this to her companions.
  • Xandhil nods

<Genevriel> I can't say whether the long-term effects could be helpful or harmful, though.

<Xandhil> I think there's something you can use that has much more potent resonance than any people with resonance

<Loch> what do you mean?

<Xandhil> The Arch.

<Xandhil> It's what defines the inner planes

<Xandhil> it connects them all

<Xandhil> through the center

<Loch> Mm... there is a minor complication with that.

<Xandhil> which is?

<Loch> Our Arch is currently storing a void shard. To release it could be extremely damaging to our plane, and any attuned to it.

<Xandhil> Oh damnit.... is that where it is...

  • Xandhil thinks

<Xandhil> that's going to be a problem still if you align the planes

<Loch> If it could be safely extricated and removed, perhaps.

  • Genevriel wonders what a void shard is. Another K: Planes roll?

<Denise> A....what? D:

<Denise> That sounds bad

<Hettienne> uhhh

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 36 ].

<Xandhil> It's... pretty much exactly wht it sounds like

<Xandhil> (ALso you can assume I am relaying this all to Ilphere, so I'm open to advice and glib commentary :V)

<Denise> Maybe we can take it an, like, throw it at the Kaorti :p

<Aubrienne> If it*could* be safely 'extricated and removed', why haven't you done so yourself?

  • Loch gives you a 'do I look new here' look

<Xandhil> It's presence causes the realm to errode faster... probably that's what's eroding your connections to the other planes*now*

<Xandhil> That won't get better if you leave it where it is anyway

<Xandhil> what is the issue with extracting it?

<Loch> The issue is where it goes once it's extracted. It is the essence of nothingness - it destroys what it comes into contact with.

  • Genevriel has gone really quiet.

<Aubrienne> How exactly is the Arch containing it?

<Genevriel> I... I might have a solution.

  • Genevriel looks kind of frightened but resolved.
  • Xandhil looks at her

<Aubrienne> What're you thinking, Gen?

<Genevriel> I... serve the One. Which, as far as I can tell, is a multitude of souls that were trapped in the Void over millennia. The One is willing to take the shard back so that you can use the Arch.

<Xandhil> what?

<Aubrienne> How would that work?

<Genevriel> I can help the One reclaim the void shard without damaging this plane or those linked to it. Then the Arch is safe to use. And you can gain stability for your plane without having to *use* anyone else.

  • Genevriel addresses the last to the lich.
  • Loch seems to ponder that for a moment

<Xandhil> Are you sure?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Loch> This is a sacrifice you are willing to make?

<Xandhil> Is there anything we can do to help?

<Genevriel> Well, you could take me to the Arch in this plane...

  • Genevriel suggests.
  • Xandhil nods

<Loch> Very well - I am willing to let you make this attempt. If you die, I can always go back to my previous plan.

<Denise> gee, swell :p

  • Genevriel nods.

<Argent> Lets be clear, if this works, you will free those two

<Argent> and let the rest of us leave in peace

<Loch> I agree to these terms.

<Xandhil> okay...

<Loch> Permit me to take you to the Arch - do you all wish to go?

  • Argent nods yes

<Denise> yeah

  • Xandhil nods also

<Diablotin_Narrator> Assuming no other objections, Loch will take you to the Arch, then, leaving his skeletons to guard Ilphere and Vera, and probably surprising some people when you arrive.

  • Loch makes a 'here you go' gesture
  • Genevriel nods, and turns to Dorien.

<Diablotin_Narrator> (does your telepathic bond with Ilphere keep up, Xan? I forget how long that lasts or if there's a distance limit)

<Argent> (10 mins per level, and no range as long as on the same plane I believe)

<Genevriel> I don't want to say goodbye, because I'm not sure if this will actually be a goodbye. But, if it is, please tell Madds that I loved him to the end. No - tell him I'll always love him.

<Denise> (yeah it's fine)

  • Dorien will give you a hug and assure you he will tell him that

<Argent> Is there anything we can do to help you Genevriel?

  • Genevriel hugs Dorien and tells him to give her love to his parents and sister, too, just in case.

<Denise> :3

<Denise> Are you really sure?

<Genevriel> To be honest, I don't actually know what I'm doing. I'm just putting my faith in the One. It's time.

<Denise> okay...

<Aubrienne> :/

  • Xandhil frowns, looking Concerned, but won't interfere

<Argent> You dont have to go alone

<Genevriel> And so, I don't know if there's anything you can do to help. But thank you.

<Denise> Yeah, I been in there before...

<Aubrienne> It might help.

  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Aubrienne> Or at least, you know, make it so you don't have to face whatever by yourself.

<Genevriel> No, thank you. I'm doing this to try to spare lives, so I'd prefer not to be responsible for putting any of yours in danger.

<Denise> :|

  • Genevriel turns around and faces the Arch, then lets the One guide her.

<Diablotin_Narrator> You step up to the Arch - you can feel its power calling to you, and the voices in your head guiding you onwards.

  • Genevriel follows the voices.

<Diablotin_Narrator> You enter the Arch, and find yourself in an empty space. It's dark, and floating before you is a shard of emptiness that is even darker than the darkness around it.

  • Genevriel reaches for it, respectfully.

<Diablotin_Narrator> The voices are louder here, more clear than ever before. They call on you to bring this lost shard home.

<Genevriel> I will, just tell me how.

<Diablotin_Narrator> The shard quivers with a sort of barely-contained power as you reach for it.

<Diablotin_Narrator> (oh this is actually sort of a relevant question - is Gen wearing gloves?)

<Genevriel> (She likely is, yes - she only takes them off for bathing and sleeping)

<Genevriel> (Or other hygienic acts)

<Diablotin_Narrator> (ok)

<Diablotin_Narrator> When you touch the shard, the voices swell and sound almost joyful. You are able to hold it in your gloved hands, and you feel it grow ... calm, if that makes sense. Its agitation ceases and it begins to dissolve in your grasp. It feels comforting, in a way, as it melts and filters into your body.

<Diablotin_Narrator> When you open your hands, it is gone - as is the pain in your hands.

  • Genevriel is surprised by the sudden loss of pain. It's almost painful NOT to feel the pain, and that's something she'll have to think on...
  • Genevriel wonders what to do next.

<Genevriel> . o O (Is there somewhere I should take this? Something I should do to bring it to you?)

<Genevriel> . o O (Ok)

  • Genevriel hopes she can find her way out.

<Diablotin_Narrator> You emerge back out from the Arch into Andusk, and feel suddenly exhausted.

  • Genevriel falters and nearly collapses, then.
  • Denise can catch her :o

<Genevriel> So tired...

<Argent> You're back, we got this from here

  • Genevriel tries to steady herself, and is grateful for Denise's help.

<Genevriel> It's gone... you can use the Arch.

  • Loch nods
  • Xandhil will DM Gen and see if he can see anything different

<Loch> Very well. Our bargain is completed, then. I will release your friends and permit you to leave unharmed.

<Denise> Don't forget about the people on the ship though.

<Denise> you gotta make sure they don't get taken away neither.

  • Denise admonishes the lich
  • Loch appears to actually realize who you are after a moment

<Loch> Ah, the urchin. Yes, certainly, I will deal with them in due time.

<Denise> um, good. :x

<Argent> Lets go before we wear out our welcome

<Hettienne> Please.

  • Loch will retrieve Vera and Ilphere for you, with a moment's spell. They seem unharmed and awake, if a bit dazed.
  • Xandhil nods

<Ilphere> We can get home from here, thank you for your help...!

<Ilphere> And you, don't do anything stupid...!

  • Ilphere says to Loch

<Loch> Tell that to yourself.

<Ilphere> oh you know how she is to try and reason with... >.>

  • Xandhil sighs
  • Genevriel struggles to stay awake and on her feet.

<Diablotin_Narrator> You going to get Ruchard to pull you out, then?

<Argent> (yes)

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay, you can tug on your silver cords for your exit, and wake up back in the palace in your proper clothes ;)

<Genevriel> (How do I feel here? Same?)

  • Denise sits up in her cot

<Diablotin_Narrator> Gen, you still feel exhausted but maybe that's from the strain and exertion of the trip (you did carry a litter full of people, even with help ;) Your hands do not feel painful, though.

  • Genevriel surreptitiously peels back a glove to see if her arms are still there.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Your hands/arms look different - the skin is still blackened but the cracks in your skin are filled with a faint glowing light.

  • Genevriel quickly pulls her glove back up and hopes that no one saw.
  • Xandhil sits up self-consciously from where, despite them being on separate but close together cots, he'd managed to sprawl half across Justen while sleeping

<Ruchard> are you all okay?

  • Denise looks around at everyone

<Denise> I'm okay :3

<Xandhil> Fine >.>

<Aubrienne> Seem to be in one piece.

<Argent> I think so

  • Genevriel nods, pensive.
  • Ruchard seems relieved
  • Ruchard then goes over to his mother and sister, who are starting to stir and wake up as well
  • Ilphere hugs her son

<Ilphere> Did you use the new spell? Tell me all about how it worked...! :D

<Aubrienne> She's fine.

<Diablotin_Narrator> Okay - we'll conclude there for the day, mission accomplished, I'm sure everything else is fine!

<Argent> (do we still have the journal?)

<Diablotin_Narrator> oh, Willem's book?

<Diablotin_Narrator> who was carrying it?

<Argent> (i dont remember but I know we grabbed it)

<Denise> (I forget)

<Diablotin_Narrator> I'll say yes, you can still have it.

<Diablotin_Narrator> even though that sort of implies you should also have half Kalman's clothes with you ;)

<Argent> (whoot loincloth!)

<Diablotin_Narrator> heh

Solos

Genevriel tells Madds about her latest misadventure

  • Madds has waited with some concern for you to wake up, and will have some food and drink ready for you when you do.
  • Genevriel stumbles drowsily out of their bedroom, yawning. She smiles when she sees Madds' thoughtful preparations.

<Genevriel> Thanks, love.

<Madds> How are you feeling?

<Genevriel> Less tired.

<Madds> That's good - you were pretty exhausted.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Ridiculous, since I basically slept all day.

<Genevriel> This smells lovely. I'm glad you're a good cook.

<Madds> well, I hope it helps a little.

  • Genevriel settles into her chair at the table.
  • Genevriel will tell him about Andusk and the rescue mission while they eat.

<Genevriel> So we had these three options for how to save Andusk, all of which required unknowable uses of other peoples' souls.

<Genevriel> And we had to pick one in order to be able to do anything for the princesses.

  • Madds also settles in to listen

<Madds> That sounds ... awful.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Pheria, who is Princess Ilphere's double, was apparently trying to sell souls into slavery on this creepy interplanar ship in the hopes that the creatures that own it could help Andusk gain stability.

<Genevriel> Loch the Lich was trying to use our Princesses to accomplish the same.

<Genevriel> And this Father Willem fellow, who is apparently Chancellor Rionet's double, is trying to collect souls of doubles here on our plane to power some weird ritual that he and his followers thought could stabilize their plane.

<Genevriel> Oh, Loch was hoping Hugo would let him use his soul, as well, since Hugo's old enough to have a double there.

  • Genevriel eyes Madds, doing the math quickly... If he's 28 he's a little too young, right? ;)

<Madds> (right, presumably)

<Genevriel> How do you even make a decision like that?

  • Genevriel asks rhetorically.

<Madds> I'm not sure how I could.

<Genevriel> Right?! Fortunately, there was a loophole. Xandhil pointed out that Loch could just use the Arch to get the 'resonance' he needed.

<Genevriel> Problem was, they were storing a... a piece of the Void in there to keep it from destroying everything it touches. That rendered the Andusk arch pretty well useless. Hence this weird fixation on using peoples' souls.

  • Madds frowns a little at that

<Genevriel> Now for the next installation of the continuing drama of 'Your girlfriend's a freak.'

<Genevriel> The One exists in the Void, right? So I thought maybe it might like to have the shard back. It did.

<Genevriel> So I got them to take me to the Arch in Andusk, and I retrieved the shard... I think.

<Madds> ...okay...

<Genevriel> It sort of felt like I absorbed it.

<Genevriel> And now my arms don't hurt anymore - good thing, right? But they're still ugly as sin only now they also glow.

<Genevriel> Figured I ought to warn you in case they keep you awake tonight.

<Madds> well... I'm definitely glad that they don't hurt anymore. But absorbing a ... shard of void... sounds like it could have other side-effects.

<Madds> other than glowing.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> That's why I thought it might be good to have August over. Maybe between the three of us we can figure out what to expect.

  • Madds nods

<Madds> but for now you're feeling okay?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Although I feel like I should apologize to you. I could have died, doing that. I half expected I wouldn't be coming back from it. But it meant, in theory, that we were able to save all those souls in Andusk. So, it feels like it was the right thing to do in that respect. But it would have been hard for you. So, I'm sorry.

  • Madds reaches over to take your hand (carefully)

<Madds> You did what you thought was right. It must have been very frightening, to not know what would happen, but you did it anyway. That's nothing to be sorry for.

  • Genevriel squeezes his hand playfully.

<Genevriel> They don't hurt anymore, remember?

  • Madds smiles at that
  • Madds squeezes your hand back, then.
  • Genevriel becomes somewhat more serious as they hold hands.

<Genevriel> Madds, thank you.

<Genevriel> I feel like I don't say that often enough.

<Genevriel> But thank you for being... such a rock through all of this.

<Madds> Ah.. thanks :)

<Genevriel> Maybe your guts are a roiling mess of anxiety and you're just really good at hiding it. But your steadfastness definitely keeps MY guts from becoming a roiling mess of anxiety. And that's big.

<Genevriel> Without you, I'd be freaking out a lot more than I am right now.

<Madds> Well... I guess I figure at this point, whatever was happening is already happening - all we can do is wait and see. Worrying over it just makes it worse.

<Genevriel> Worrying is what I do. Should have been my middle name.

<Madds> heh

<Genevriel> Anyway, I want you to know that I really do appreciate everything you do for me.

<Madds> I appreciate you too, Gen. Not everyone would take on a challenge like that, for a bunch of strangers especially, and that's one of the things I love about you.

  • Genevriel smiles a little shyly in acknowledgement.

<Genevriel> (Nothing else important to say to Madds alone - at this point Gen is likely to focus on her food. Seems too pat to say I love you back right here and it's still a little hard for her to say.)

<Genevriel> (So we can move along to August, if you like)

<Madds> (okay)

  • Genevriel helps Madds clear the table and do the dishes while we wait for August.
  • Genevriel will slip in a long embrace if she can, before August shows up. ^-^
  • August will arrive a little while later, also a bit concerned since Madds' message was probably a bit on the alarming side.
  • August is relieved to see you standing there looking alive and well ;)

<Genevriel> Hi, August - what?

  • Genevriel turns to Madds.

<Genevriel> What did you tell him? I was just tired.

<August> He said you'd been gone to a dream plane and came back and all but collapsed.

<Madds> I lied a tiny bit when I said I wasn't worried... but seeing you up and around helped a lot :)

  • Genevriel smiles a little.

<Genevriel> Well, have a seat in the living room, you two. I'll just finish up the coffee and we can get down to business. Madds, feel free to tell him the good news about our mission while you're waiting.

  • August will go have a seat, and Madds can give him the overview of what you told him.
  • Genevriel enters the living room not long after with a tray laden with coffee, cream, sugar and a plate of sweets.

<August> ah, this is very thoughtful, thank you :)

<Genevriel> It's nothing. I'm finally back to functioning more or less like a real human being so it's the least I can do for the two of you having put up with me all these months.

  • Genevriel pours coffee for the gentlemen and herself, then settles back into the couch next to Madds.
  • Genevriel turns to August.

<Genevriel> So how far did Madds get in recounting our mission to Andusk?

  • Genevriel just wonders if Madds mentioned the Void shard at all.

<August> Up to the point where you ... absorbed a piece of the Void?

<Genevriel> Excellent stopping point.

  • Genevriel smiles at Madds.

<Genevriel> That's what it felt like, anyway.

<August> I admit I have no idea what that would feel like, but I take your word for it.

<Genevriel> I'm not sure if it's still... in me, or if I was just a channel for the One and it has passed through me.

  • August nods

<Genevriel> But it had some interesting side effects. My arms don't hurt anymore, but they're still all crispy and black, and now they... glow. In between the charred bits.

<August> hm... interesting.

<August> May I see?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> As long as it doesn't put either of you off your dessert.

  • Genevriel gives each man a questioning look and awaits their assurance before removing her gloves.
  • August nods

<Madds> it's fine...

  • Genevriel removes the gloves with care and extends her arms for examination, then.
  • Genevriel will Detect Magic on her arms, now that she's conscious enough to think of it.
  • August examines them, not touching for the moment, just looking them over

<August> (they don't radiate magic, they look the same as usual to your spell)

  • Genevriel 's arms might shake a little, betraying how concerned and anxious she ACTUALLY is, in spite of the veneer of good humour she has been displaying about the whole situation.

<August> well... I can see how that would be alarming, but at least for now I don't see anything that seems dangerous about them? I don't know what might happen in the future, of course, but maybe it's just a ... cosmetic change, a side-effect from your contact with the Void.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Genevriel should also do a Heal check on her arms, now that she is conscious enough to think of it.

<August> If you want, though, I can bring the question to the others, and see if they have other insights into it?

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 36 ].
  • Genevriel acquiesces to August's suggestion.

<Genevriel> It wouldn't hurt.

<August> All right.

<August> Is it all right if I give them the background information, as to how this occurred?

  • Genevriel nods, swallowing anxiously.

<Genevriel> It's not like they'll think I'm... subhuman or something, right? Not like *some* people in this city.

  • August reaches out to touch one of your hands carefully, patting it in a calming way.

<August> Not at all.

  • Genevriel had thought she'd put her fears of being seen as an Outsider behind her, but apparently not.

<Genevriel> Do you think I'll... maybe... slowly become nothing? Xandhil and Loch said the Void shard would destroy anything it touches.

  • August considers that

<August> I think if it was going to harm you, it would have done so immediately. I don't think it would be a gradual effect.

  • Genevriel nods, almost piteously relieved.

<Genevriel> I thought that might be the case. But it's impossible to be certain about anything, really, isn't it.

  • Genevriel takes a deep breath.

<August> Unfortunately, that is the state of life, yes. But even if this brings changes, I hope they will be beneficial ones for you.

<Genevriel> Well, there's no pain. So that's one benefit already.

  • Genevriel smiles bravely.

<Genevriel> And I'm still here, for now, just like everyone else.

<August> Indeed.

  • Madds puts his arm around you to give you a hug.
  • Genevriel leans in to him, accepting his hug gratefully.

<DiablotinNarrator> (that seems like a good stopping point?)

<Genevriel> (sure)

<Genevriel> (thanks)

<DiablotinNarrator> (np!)

<Genevriel> (Does Gen get anything worth noting from her Heal check?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh - not really, I don't think - they still look burned/crispy, but the glow is not a ... health-related matter, I guess?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (It's not a symptom of some illness or injury, anyway)

<Genevriel> (Heh, yeah)

<Genevriel> (Would a K:Planes or K:Nature check yield any information?)

<Genevriel> (Or K:Religion?)

<DiablotinNarrator> I guess it would fall under K:religion, but this is not a typical thing that happens, so it would be pretty hard to roll.

<Genevriel> Might as well try, in case I get a nat 20  ;) <DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+21

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 39 ].

<Genevriel> Nope, not a nat 20

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<Genevriel> close but no cigar ;D

<DiablotinNarrator> well it's still a very good roll

<Genevriel> You don't have to come up with something on the spot if it's good enough to give Gen some insight. Feel free to email if you want to think about it

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen can think that proooobably the shard went on to wherever it was going, and isn't still inside her :)

<Genevriel> okay, that'll provide a little relief

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean, I don't think she can know that for 100% certainty, but it seems like the more likely outcome

<Genevriel> Thanks  :)

<DiablotinNarrator> np :)