Diablotin 2 session 81

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 1 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] Despite a few skirmishes here and there, the war with Psyra seems to have been averted. With the death of the Duke and the imprisonment while awaiting trial for treason of his son Trevan, the Count of Sephinos, the abortive rebellion has fallen into disarray and confusion, allowing it to be mopped up. Psyra is firmly part of the Empire again - the troops newly stationed there make that much clear.

[DiablotinNarrator] The volunteer and conscripted soldiers, however, are returning home, to the great relief of the rest of populace.

  • Alma is relieved, to a point.


Dominik and Marl

[DiablotinNarrator] Dominik, the Emperor calls you for a private meeting in the weeks following your return.

  • Dominik attends promptly

[Marl] M. Rademacher - I haven't yet had the chance to congratulate you on your success.

[Dominik] Thank you Sire. I was doing my duty.

[Marl] Well, you, and the others who were with you, did it very well.

[Marl] I am now faced with something of a dilemma, however.

[Dominik] What sort of dilemma, if I may ask?

[Marl] I find myself in need of a new Duke of Psyra and Count of Sephinos.

[Marl] I have been considering you for one of the two posts, in fact.

[Dominik] Those are both quite respectable titles, or were at least.

  • Marl nods.

[Marl] Being Duke of Psyra right now will be a miserable job - the people won't like you, even though you *are* related to the former Duke. There will be more rebellions - probably smaller and less well-organized, but angrier. I need someone I can trust there, someone with a strong hand.

[Marl] Count of Sephinos would be an easier position, but it might still come with its own complications. Trevan was popular there, replacing him won't be a walk in the park.

[Dominik] I will take on any challenge you assign to me.

[Dominik] My political skills, I admit, are not as sharp as my blade however.

[Marl] It's not an assignment - it's up to you. I don't want to give you this duty if you feel you aren't prepared for it.

[Marl] If you take either position, I'd strongly recommend you marry a Psyrene girl and learn the language, at the very least, to show you're trying.

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] That would likely be most prudent

[Marl] You don't have to decide today.

[Dominik] When will you want a decision?

[Marl] Within a week's time. If you don't want the job, there are others who could take it, so don't feel you are obligated to do this.

[Dominik] I will give it due consideration... the opportunity is quite significant

  • Marl nods.

[Marl] Very well. Think it over.

[Dominik] Is there any news on recovering our losses during the raid?

[Marl] I presume you're referring primarily to Sylvain Marcoux?

[Dominik] Yes, I did not like abandoning him.

[Marl] Of course not.

[Marl] I am afraid that he has not been recovered. Efforts were made, but there is no trace of him so far. Searches continue, however.

  • Dominik nods thoughtfully

[Marl] I'll alert you if there is any word.

[Dominik] Thank you

[Marl] Now - I've received word that something of... considerable interest will be happening in a few days' time, at the Down.

[Dominik] The Down? With that cult?

[Marl] Possibly. I believe they are involved, at least.

[Marl] I mean to be there incognito, but I would appreciate your company, in case anything goes wrong.

[Dominik] I will be there with you then.

[Marl] Very well. I'll send for you when the time comes.

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] Do you have an idea of what I should be perpared for?

[Marl] I honestly don't know. Come armed, but nothing too conspicuous. A dark cloak would probably be best.

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] I will be prepared.

[Marl] Good then.

  • Marl dismisses you.
  • Dominik will leave, deep in his own thoughts


Ilphere and Sanadhil, the Cult

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere and San, Phedre has called you, along with the other members of the Inner Circle, to meet at her house for what she calls 'important news'.

  • Sanadhil will go, of course
  • Ilphere will attend as well.
  • Phedre welcomes you into her house. She seems excited, but waits until most have arrived before beginning.

[DiablotinNarrator] You notice that Butler is absent, but Phedre does not mention this fact, nor does anyone inquire as to his whereabouts, at least not within your earshot.

  • Sanadhil will probably tell Ilphere that his relationship with Phedre has maybe become a little more ....cordial, since Emkathon changd Earric @_@
  • Ilphere wonders what is happening...!

[Phedre] Thank you for coming. I have some news of great importance.

  • Phedre says once you are all gathered.

[Phedre] I spoke recently with the Chancellor, Theonee Deverara, and found her to be most receptive to our ideas.

[Phedre] She is, in fact, willing to serve as a sacrifice in order to bring about the restoration of the Serpent.

[Martine] Yes, but she's crazy.

  • Sanadhil nods, unsurprised
  • Phedre shrugs.

[Ilphere] I don't think that she is...

[Ilphere] She just has... a different point of view.

[Sanadhil] IN any case, it is her willingness that is important.

[Phedre] The state of her mind does not concern me so much as her complete and utter certainty that this is her destiny.

  • Phedre agrees.

[Phedre] She is willing to die for this cause, and is convinced - as the prophecies have indicated - that she will somehow live again.

  • Ilphere nods.

[Sanadhil] The Pheraeia may well have that power.

[Phedre] Perhaps, yes.

[Phedre] We have delivered the Phereia to Emkathon. She is, I believe, prepared to assist us in this goal.

  • Ilphere 's face lights up...

[Ilphere] WOnderful...! :D

  • Sanadhil nos

[Sanadhil] (nods)

[Phedre] We will accordingly gather at the Arch for the necessary rites to be performed. Theon e indicated that she felt the 6th would be auspicious, and I'm willing to accommodate her in this matter.

[Ilphere] Of course...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Phedre] Very well. I trust I will see all of you there, then. This will be a momentous occasion!

  • Sanadhil looks around

[Sanadhil] (TO Ilphere):Stay with me a moment?

[Sanadhil] Of course - may we speak with you briefly?

[Phedre] Certainly.

[Ilphere] : Certainly...

[Sanadhil] I've noticed that M. Belden has been absent...

[Ilphere] Yes... is he aware of what is to happen?

  • Phedre frowns slightly, but nods.

[Phedre] He is ... displeased with this course of events. He indicated to me that he is unwilling to participate.

[Ilphere] But will he... try to disrupt the ritual?

[Phedre] It is a possibility we should be on guard for, certainly. But I believe that his oaths will prevent him from taking direct action against our group.

  • Ilphere nods.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Sanadhil] Very well - then it would not be productive to seek to speak with him?

[Phedre] I have already made every effort... I'm not sure you would have any more success than I have.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Thank you then - we will see you at the ceremony, unless you need us for anythign further

[Ilphere] It may upset him more to be pestered.

  • Sanadhil nods to Ilphere

[Phedre] Thank you as well. I will inform you if I need anything before the ceremony - otherwise, I shall see you then.

[Ilphere] Until then...

  • Phedre bids you farewell.

[Sanadhil] I wonder what will happen - what ourt roles will even be.

[Ilphere] Yes...

[Ilphere] It will be fascinating to have any role at all...

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] so much has been happening of late

[Sanadhil] i can't decie how much I think thing will change, ultimately.

[Sanadhil] Its all very metaphysical

[Ilphere] Indeed...

[Ilphere] I suspect it is futile to try and make predictions...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] but hard not to guess!

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Ilphere] Of course...! :)

[Sanadhil] I am wary about one thing that remains unresloved though...

[Ilphere] What is that...?

[Sanadhil] More than Bulter, I am concerned about kavreshar disrupting our attempt

[Sanadhil] It eremains at large, and while in their his goal is the same...

[Sanadhil] I'm still concerned

[Ilphere] Absolutely...

[Ilphere] If Emkathon is there, however...

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Sanadhil] I am concerned for her as well.

[Sanadhil] And I'm niot sure what precautions we can take...

[Sanadhil] I suppose it will be best for us to ensure that the main action of the ritual goes forward, though?

[Sanadhil] If something does happen?

  • Sanadhil muses

[Ilphere] Yes... I will help with all of my power, of course.

  • Sanadhil nods


Ysabeau and Martan

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa, you approach the 5th of Second-month with some trepidation. In preparation for your anticipated delivery, Martan has suggested that the twins be sent to Alma's for safe-keeping while you will be unable to take care of them.

  • Martan has also been making sure to spend as much time with you as he's able in the days leading up to the big event.
  • Ysabeau is reluctant to let them out of her sight, but agrees that it might be for the best.
  • Martan has, you notice one day, a new ring, gold with a single ruby. You observe, however, that it looks as though it was once set with two more stones, now missing.
  • Ysabeau has tried to put a brave face on things but inside she is terrified.
  • Ysabeau catches his hand and looks at the ring.

[Ysabeau] What's this?

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Martan] Oh, this old thing? ;)

[Martan] Maze gave it to me - he's been gradually handing over more and more responsibilities, and he figured I'd be more likely to need it.

[Martan] It's a ring of wishes - well, wish. There's only the one left, you see.

[Ysabeau] Oh...

  • Martan indicates the single stone.
  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Wishes can be very tricky things - use it wisely, however you choose to use it, my love.

[Martan] It's a lot of pressure, trying to think what it might be best to use it for.

  • Martan agrees.

[Martan] I'm inclined to save it in case of an emergency, though.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] Maze says it should be used for the good of the Empire, but ... I don't know what that would entail, exactly.

  • Ysabeau shakes her head in agreement.

[Martan] Like you said - it could have ramifications beyond whatever the immediate problem is.

[Ysabeau] I trust you, and your judgement. I expect that it's not something you can exactly plan for, but... perhaps you'll just know when the time is right to use it.

[Martan] I hope I will.

  • Martan gives you a kiss.

[Ysabeau] I know you will...

  • Ysabeau kisses him back.

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, as you are trying to settle down to rest on the night of the 4th, you find it impossible to get comfortable. The mild contractions that you have been having for several weeks are becoming stronger, and bothering you more and more...

  • Ysabeau suggests that we should send for Murienne and the midwives.
  • Martan will stay by your side as long as you want him to, apart from leaving briefly to alert the rest of the household.
  • Ysabeau seems, now that push comes to shove, quite unwilling to let him leave her side.

[DiablotinNarrator] The midwife arrives before too long, as does your sister.

[DiablotinNarrator] And eventually, after much effort, shortly before dawn, your child is safely delivered - a girl.

[Ysabeau] (Who does she look like? ^-^)

  • Ysabeau cries over her beautiful little Jessamine.

[DiablotinNarrator] Her hair is light (at the moment at least), and you think Muri had dark hair when she was born, so ... more like Martan, perhaps? But it's hard to tell at this stage.

[Martan] She's perfect :)

[Ysabeau] So is her father...

  • Martan kisses your forehead, and then his daughter's.
  • Ysabeau smiles lovingly at Martan... he isn't gone yet. Oh gods, hopefully he won't be!

[DiablotinNarrator] You manage to rest for a while in the morning, waking every so often to nurse the baby, or just to look at her as she sleeps. Martan also takes the opportunity to sleep, having been up all night.

  • Ysabeau will take all the joy she possibly can out of every moment she has with her little family together.

[DiablotinNarrator] In the afternoon, you manage to get out of bed and Martan helps with a few necessary tasks such as brushing out your hair and helping you to clean yourself up - of course, the worst of the mess was already disposed of, but you still feel sweaty and grimy, in addition to weak. Eating a bit of food helps somewhat, though.

[DiablotinNarrator] After dinner, which you take upstairs in your room of course, grabbing your chance while the baby is sleeping, you hear that there is someone at the door. Shortly thereafter, one of the staff comes to tell Martan that it is for him, so he gives you a kiss and descends the stairs to speak to the visitor.

  • Martan returns shortly afterwards, looking a bit pale and anxious.
  • Ysabeau is immediately also rather anxious-looking.

[Ysabeau] What is it, love?

[Martan] Ysa, there's someone here who would like to see you, and the baby. It's my... my father. Is it all right with you if I show him in?

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] Please stay with us.

[Ysabeau] When he's here.

[Martan] Of course. He wishes to see all of us.

  • Ysabeau nods, anxious.

[Ysabeau] He is her grandfather, after all...

[Martan] All right, I'll tell him he can come in.

  • Ysabeau tries to be brave. She cuddles little Jessamine carefully.
  • Butler looks somewhat worn himself as he enters the room, tired, and older than his years.

[Butler] Good evening.

  • Butler says politely.

[Ysabeau] Good evening.

[Butler] I'm sorry to intrude on you at this time... I know it's not a day when you probably welcome visitors.

  • Ysabeau replies, swallowing... he lost his Lord Marshall title, didn't he? Do I have any idea what to call him?

[DiablotinNarrator] (M. Belden?)

[Ysabeau] (OK, fair enough.)

[Ysabeau] I'm sure you have a good reason to be here.

[Butler] I'm sorry I haven't come to speak with you earlier. I... I've made some terrible mistakes in my life, but I hope that I have the chance to put this one right.

  • Butler says to Martan.

[Butler] I've talked with your mother, not too long ago. She told me... well, it probably doesn't matter now. But she told me who you were, at least.

  • Martan nods, a bit uncertainly.

[Butler] I imagined the baby would be born by now. The words of the Legend Lore suggested as much. So before... before everything else happens, I wanted to see you, and the child, and say that... I'm sorry.

  • Ysabeau watches the two of them carefully, looking from one to the other.

[Butler] What's her name?

  • Butler asks you.

[Ysabeau] Jessamine Therese.

[Butler] Beautiful. She reminds me of my daughter, Marrith, when she was a baby.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] !roll 1d20+21

  • Alma rolls for Ysabeau: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 32 ].

[Ysabeau] (That is my roll for trying to sense any strange undercurrents or whatever... from me watching them both closely.)

  • Butler seems drained, mostly - exhausted. But he seems sincere in his apologies.

[Ysabeau] Hopefully she will grow up as strong as your daughter, M. Belden.

  • Butler nods.

[DiablotinNarrator] As you are talking with Butler, you hear a great roar from somewhere outside, and screaming in the street.

[Ysabeau] Kavreshar...?!

  • Martan rushes to the window to see what is happening.

[Martan] Kavreshar!

  • Martan shouts, turning back to you.
  • Ysabeau hurries to the window with him, tiny Jess in her arms.

[DiablotinNarrator] Even as he speaks, the house is struck from above by a blast of fire that turns the place into an inferno.

  • Ysabeau stops dead in her tracks when he says that.
  • Ysabeau is grateful the twins aren't here...

[DiablotinNarrator] The room is filled with smoke and flames lick at the walls.

[Martan] We have to get out of here!

[Ysabeau] Take my hands... Martan, take the baby!

[Ysabeau] Oh no...

[Ysabeau] Dimension Door won't work in here, will it.

[Butler] She can't run - not in her state, not with the baby. Take my hands, I have a magic item that can teleport us away from here!

[Martan] Can't teleport... can't dimension door..

[Ysabeau] No trap doors to secret passages underground?

[Martan] Come on - out the window.

[Butler] Hold my hands, we'll teleport in mid-air.

  • Ysabeau glances at Martan, worry for everyone else in the house evident on her features.
  • Martan helps you to the window, smashes it open. The fire surges with the additional air coming in.

[Martan] Come on - they'll get out, they're downstairs - we have to go now!

  • Ysabeau wraps her shawl around the baby and follows her husband's lead...
  • Martan jumps with you, Butler following last, you all holding on to one another. You see the ground rushing up at you, try to turn to shelter Jessamine from the impact, and then... it doesn't come.


Guillame and Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, you are just getting ready for bed when Silvia knocks on your door.

[Guillame] Come in?

  • Silvia hurries into your room.

[Silvia] There's something happening! Something very important!

[Guillame] What? Where?

[Silvia] At the Down. I have to get there now. Please take me?

[Guillame] You have to?

[Guillame] Okay.

[Silvia] I have a job to do when I get there. I'm not sure what it is, but it's important. I know that. And *she's* going to be there, too!

[Guillame] She? Emkathon?

  • Silvia nods excitedly.

[Guillame] Do I need to bring weapons? Or anyone else?

  • Guillame gets his gear together

[Silvia] I don't know... It might be dangerous but not the kind of dangerous you can fight with weapons.

[Guillame] Of course.

  • Guillame rolls his eyes and buckles on his rapier belt anyway
  • Silvia bounces impatiently from foot to foot.

[Guillame] We won't be late - we'll go together on Kicker, and make better time, and I'll be better prepared.

[Silvia] Okay, okay! As long as we get there soon!

  • Guillame gets stuff together and gets going


Sanadhil and Ilphere

[DiablotinNarrator] San and Ilphere, you are among those gathering at the Down in the middle of the night. The members of the Serpent Reborn are assembling as directed, wearing robes under their cloaks and hoods. The winter wind is bitterly cold, cutting right through you as you climb the hill and reach its top.

  • Sanadhil shivers and represses a cough as his lungs reject ther frigid air

[DiablotinNarrator] Are you bringing anything/anyone/making any particular preparations?

[Ilphere] (Probably best to leave the baby at home :V)

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh, probably)

[Ilphere] (I set my amulet of nullification against fire)

  • Sanadhil will have his few magic items and have told Arek what is going on... he can watch from the roof at my place, if he wants.

[DiablotinNarrator] (k)

  • Sanadhil will also have mage armor on, just in case
  • Sanadhil would have told Dozilva something, but probably not the whole of it, but she is welcome to hang with Arek I suppose?

[DiablotinNarrator] (all right - if there's any concern from either of them, she would do so.)

  • Sanadhil will also cast freedom of movement on himself and Ilphere
  • Sanadhil doens't have alot of other potentially useful spells, alas

[DiablotinNarrator] Phedre is present, and a short, slender woman you recognize as Theonee.

[Ilphere] (I'll also cast resist energy:fire just beforehand too, now that I think of it. For me and San)

  • Sanadhil can use false vision ti make it look empty if anyone is scrying

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

[Sanadhil] (Also cast nondetection on myself)


Ysabeau

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, you are disoriented, still coughing from the smoke, eyes watering, in addition to feeling like your guts are rearranging themselves each time you move.

[DiablotinNarrator] You are still holding Jessamine, thankfully, and she seems to be all right - at least, well enough to cry.

[DiablotinNarrator] You look around and see that you are in a white stone chamber without windows or doors. Descending from the ceiling is a large, curving shape - an inverted Arch, white like the chamber.

  • Ysabeau tries to soothe her - can I see or hear Martan or Butler?

[DiablotinNarrator] Butler and Martan are nearby, also trying to regain their breath. Butler is leaning on the wall for support, while Martan has sunk to the floor, coughing.

  • Ysabeau will check them to see if they need any healing...

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't have time...

[DiablotinNarrator] A few moments later, you are startled by the arrival of another individual in the strange chamber.

[DiablotinNarrator] A young, handsome man, tall and slim, with gleaming auburn hair. He is stripped to the waist, which reveals his large, bat-like wings, and there is a distinct smell of smoke and fire about him.

[Kavreshar] Your assistance is appreciated.

  • Kavreshar takes in the scene and gestures to you almost carelessly, Ysa.
  • Ysabeau backs away from him, protecting Jessamine.

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't sense any visible effect from... whatever he just did. But as you back up, you find you're trapped in some sort of invisible cage. You can move within its confines, you can still hear what's going on, but you can't get to Martan.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you are lurking in the wall of the under-Arch chamber, as you have done often of late. Normally it is quiet and uneventful, so you are surprised by the sudden arrival of people, the sounds of their voices muffled by the stone but still comprehensible to you.

  • Seth will listen to see if he recognizes them
  • Ysabeau prays to Emkathon and the Seven to help us after discovering that she is completely incapable of doing anything else to protect her husband.
  • Seth will scry using clairvoyance on the area, also, so he can both see and hear

[Martan] Ysa, get out of here, take the baby and go!

  • Martan shouts frantically to you.

[Ysabeau] I can't...

[Butler] I can't stop the prophecy from coming to pass - I tried that, and I failed miserably. But I can take control of it.

  • Ysabeau tries to move out of the prison to show him. :/
  • Butler sounds amazingly weary.

[Butler] My love and my faith are already dead, but I can make sure you're the child of mine who dies instead of Marrith.

[Kavreshar] Remember, though, not until after I've finished.

  • Ysabeau gives Butler the glare of death. Too bad looks can't kill.
  • Kavreshar says to Butler, smiling.

[Kavreshar] If there's anything left.

  • Ysabeau goes back to beseeching Emkathon and the Seven for aid.
  • Butler gives a single nod and folds his arms, waiting.
  • Ysabeau will try to figure out what she's trapped in.

[Seth] (how long would it take me to get to: a) Alma; or b) Nash?)

[Ysabeau] !roll 1d20+9

  • Alma rolls for Ysabeau: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 14 ].

[Ysabeau] (Spellcraft :/ )

[DiablotinNarrator] (A cube about 10x10, you would say. Invisible but impermeable.)

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - you could probably get to Nash more quickly than Alma, but both are in the Grand as far as you know, so it's a ways off.

[Ysabeau] (Can't tell what spell does that, though?)

  • Ysabeau will try to cast Dimension Door...

[DiablotinNarrator] You can Dimension Door out - the risk is, you have no idea where precisely you are or what's outside - if you end up in a wall, it's a d6 damage, which is fine for you, but would kill Jessamine.

[Ysabeau] (I can't direct where I'll come out - just another place in this room?)

[DiablotinNarrator] I was assuming you wanted to get out of the room - if you want to go somewhere else in the room, you can do that.

  • Seth goes up and out to try to find help: San lives near here, right?

[DiablotinNarrator] Yep, as far as you know.

  • Ysabeau will... and then I will start singing Haunting Melody, which does not have an HD limit.
  • Seth goes out into the area near the Down to find assistance.

[Sanadhil] (Seth has been to my house)

[DiablotinNarrator] (I just meant he doesn't know you're not actually living there full time atm)

[Sanadhil] (ahhh)

[DiablotinNarrator] (DC?)

[Ysabeau] (23)

[DiablotinNarrator] (Will I assume?)

[Ysabeau] (yes, will negates)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

  • Butler is shaken, but Kavreshar seems unaffected by your song, apart from mildly annoyed that you're interfering.

[Ysabeau] (so whoever fails is shaken for 18 rounds - that means -2 to to their attack rolls.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (OK, skipping briefly to what Seth is doing)


Seth

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you emerge from the Down, and find yourself in the middle of an unexpected crowd of people.

[Seth] ...

  • Seth looks around for any familiar faces.
  • Sanadhil is there @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] You can spot San and Ilphere, at least. I'm sure there are others you could recognize.

[Seth] M. Orecalo! Princess!

  • Seth shouts.
  • Sanadhil turns at the sudden shout

[Sanadhil] (i'm assuming we havent' started yet)

[DiablotinNarrator] (no, not yet)

[Sanadhil] M. Argo - what is it?

[Seth] Aid is needed! M. and Mme. Olivier are beneath us, under assault from Kavreshar!

[Seth] M. Belden ... he has betrayed them somehow. I do not understand ... but they need our help.

  • Seth is highly agitated.
  • Sanadhil frowns

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure what I can do from here

[Seth] Can you get down there?

[Sanadhil] I could get down, but not *out*

[Seth] M. Olivier's life depends on it!

[Sanadhil] and without an escape, I can't help him

[Seth] If Ysabeau lives, she can aid, can she not?

[Seth] You don't understand. THEY ARE GOING TO DIE AT KAVRESHAR'S HANDS.

[Sanadhil] yes, very well.

  • Sanadhil nods, agitated

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok pause while you consider that, skipping to Dom)


Dominik and Marl

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom, Marl is with you at the base of the Down, watching what happens.

[Marl] [m] I'm not sure what's going on here - Theonee just told me that I ought to be here for this, and not to interfere.

[Dominik] [w] wish I could tell you.

[Marl] [m] I don't know about the last part, but I figured I should come. She doesn't make very many requests, but if she says something's important, I believe her.

[Marl] [m] Wonder if we can get closer...

[Dominik] [w] why not, lets move up a bit

  • Marl nods and will approach the group as stealthily as he can.
  • Dominik does so as well


Alma

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, despite the many new responsibilities that accompany your recent elevation to the post of Reverend Mother, you still managed to find some time for a bit of quiet scrying in the evening before retiring to bed.

  • Alma has definitely been checking in on Martan and assorted others as the fates seem to be bringing things to a head @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] All right - you check in on Martan. Are you Sending to him first?

  • Alma won't bother to Send since she expects he's at home with Ysabeau... this is just in case something is ... out of the ordinary

[DiablotinNarrator] You see Martan - he's in a white chamber, with someone you are assuming is Kavreshar holding him by the throat and talking to him.

[Alma] D:

[Alma] Oh Gods...

[Alma] Danyel! Danyel!

[Alma] Kavreshar has Martan!

[DiablotinNarrator] Danyel hurries to your side.

  • Alma keeps sight of the scrying as she goes to get her component pouch and holy symbol.

[Kavreshar] You are very fortunate.

[Alma] You... stay with the twins.

[DiablotinNarrator] Danyel looks reluctant, but will agree to do that.

  • Alma will try to listen as she formulates a plan.
  • Kavreshar is saying to Martan.

[Kavreshar] Due to the circumstances of your birth, you are uniquely qualified to serve as a vessel for the Serpent's return. It can't take its own physical form here, but it can borrow yours.

[Kavreshar] And so, I strongly suggest that you stay here.

  • Alma will quickly return to the ball to try to scry Ysabeau

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau is in the same room.

[Alma] D: D:

[Alma] (checking my spells)

  • Martan looks over at Ysa, but nods slowly. You think he might be under some sort of mind-control - at least, that would be preferable to believing that he chooses this.

[Martan] I.. will.

[DiablotinNarrator] All right - Alma, what are you doing?

[DiablotinNarrator] Skipping back to Ysa, then, which Alma can continue to watch if she wants.

  • Alma will while she tries to plot


Ysabeau

  • Kavreshar glances up, as though waiting for some sort of cue, then looks back to Martan.
  • Ysabeau starts singing Song of Freedom to try to break the mind-control on Martan
  • Kavreshar strokes his face in what looks like a cruel parody of affection, his other hand curled lightly about his throat.

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok - that will take 1 minute, Ysa)

  • Ysabeau sings her heart out for as long as it takes, trying to get through to him

[Kavreshar] You're going to change now - and it's going to hurt. But you won't feel it for long.

  • Ysabeau runs towards them to try to break Kavreshar's contact with Martan
  • Alma will use Greater Teleport as soon as he says that
  • Ysabeau doesn't expect it will accomplish anything but she has to try... she sings as she runs with the baby in her arms...
  • Alma aims directly beside Martan and Kavreshar.
  • Ysabeau hopes she and Martan both live to laugh about how ludicrous she must look right now, some day.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma - you teleport into the room, and find yourself ... inside a force cage.

  • Alma presumes not near Martan?

[DiablotinNarrator] (no, fairly near - like about where Ysa was when she arrived, probably ;)

  • Alma presumably now sees Butler as well.
  • Kavreshar points to Ysa without turning away from Martan. Ysa, Will saving throw please, DC 22.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, yes, you can see him now as well.

[Ysabeau] !roll 1d20+12

  • Alma rolls for Ysabeau: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 20 ].

[Ysabeau] (I will use Destiny to reroll)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

[Ysabeau] !roll 1d20+12

  • Alma rolls for Ysabeau: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 20 ].

[Ysabeau] (dammit)

[DiablotinNarrator] You are held in place, unable to move or continue to sing.

  • Alma casts Antimagic Field if that will suppress the prison.
  • Alma will cast it quietly :3
  • Ysabeau cries and returns to praying silently for Emkathon to come.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma - no effect on walls of force, alas.

  • Ysabeau checks the baby as she does so, and covers her eyes so she doesn't have to see what happens to her daddy.

[Kavreshar] There. Master-Mistress, Father-Mother, I give this vessel into your possession!

[Alma] (I won't cast it then, as long as that's reasonable to figure out with SC)

  • Martan screams and twists, but cannot escape Kavreshar's grip.

[Alma] Butler, stop him!

  • Ysabeau will watch, though. Oh yes. She will watch.
  • Ysabeau hates Kavreshar so, so much.
  • Martan 's body shifts and swells as you watch, horrified. His form seems ambiguous, caught somewhere between male and female. He gasps for breath, trying to say something...
  • Alma tries Holy Word!
  • Kavreshar eyes him calmly, still holding him by the neck.

[Kavreshar] Yes?

  • Martan manages to gain a second of air, long enough to say something:

[Martan] I ...wish Ysabeau and our baby were somewhere safe...

  • Martan gasps in what feels to you like a final act of rebellion against his captor.
  • Ysabeau silently screams NO.

[DiablotinNarrator] The scene fades away as you and your daughter are removed from the chamber, Ysa.

  • Ysabeau crumples into a heap, but protective of the baby, wherever she ends up.


Seth, Ilphere and Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] Meanwhile, up top...

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, Ilphere, and San - what are you doing?

  • Sanadhil telepathically contacts Phedre: Butler and Kavreshar are below us.
  • Seth is going down the way he came up.
  • Sanadhil looks to Ilphere

[Sanadhil] Come on.

[Phedre] :Then we have to hurry.

  • Ilphere nods to Sanadhil.

[DiablotinNarrator] Atop the Down, something is happening...

[Sanadhil] :It may be too late...

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom, you and Marl are also close enough to see/hear this.

  • Emkathon walks amongst those of you who are gathered at the Arch. You didn't notice when she arrived or where she came from - she's just *there*. She carries with her the Phereia, whole and filled with some sort of liquid.

[Ilphere] :Emkathon...

[Ilphere] : Does she know they are here...?

[Emkathon] Let those who are gathered here remain gathered. Let those who are gathered here remain safe.

[DiablotinNarrator] The wind dies down suddenly at this, as though you are encased in some sort of large dome that is sheltering you.

  • Sanadhil will telepathically contact *her* and let her know the same, only also that they have Martan
  • Seth will wait before going back down if he sees Emkathon first!

[Seth] :Lady, your servants Ysabeau and Martan lie in grave danger beneath this place, at the hands of Kavreshar.


Guillame and Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] Guy, you and Silvia are arriving about this time.

[Silvia] I hope we're not too late!

[DiablotinNarrator] Guy, as you approach the down you can see that it looks like it is covered with a large, shimmering field.

  • Silvia gazes at it in wonder.
  • Guillame er, kicks Kicker to speed up

[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive at the base of the hill, where the shimmering light starts.

  • Silvia reaches out to touch it...
  • Guillame does also
  • Silvia's hand passes through the field. Yours does not - you are met with a seemingly solid barrier.

[Silvia] Come on, take my hand - I can take you through.

[Guillame] Okay

  • Guillame takes Silvia's hand and goes through with her.
  • Silvia leads you through the lights, and you emerge just next to Dom and ... someone. Marl?

[DiablotinNarrator] From within, you can't see the lights - it looks like perfectly normal nighttime.

  • Guillame blinks

[Dominik] Guillame?? What are YOU doing here?

[Guillame] (w) Where do you need to be, Silvia?

[Silvia] [w] Right here is fine for now.

[Guillame] (To Dominik) I now probably isn't the time to ask you firstly what's going on and secondly why I wouldn't be here.

[Dominik] Join the party

  • Dominik shrugs, but turns back to paying attention to the glowy girl
  • Guillame watches, unaware of his friends in peril below :/
  • Emkathon singles out a man you don't recognize amongst the assembled crowd - tall and slender, with almond-shaped eyes and long, steel-grey

hair falling past his shoulders.

[Emkathon] Laeken... so it's true. You're here.

[Laeken] Only to watch. I won't interfere.

[Ilphere] :o

  • Sanadhil also blinks at that

[Seth] ...

  • Emkathon looks at him and tears slide down her cheeks, falling into the Phereia.

[Guillame] :/

  • Emkathon steps back beneath the Arch, then.

[Emkathon] With these tears, I water the roots of this Arch, which once were torn asunder, making it whole once more.

  • Emkathon pours some of the clear, sparkling liquid at the base of each side of the Arch.
  • Ilphere watches with breathless anticipation...


Ysabeau, Guillame and Dominik

[DiablotinNarrator] At this point, Ysa, you and your baby arrive within the dome, near the base, with Dom and Guillame and co.

[Guillame] Wha...

  • Guillame tries to help her up

[Guillame] Are you alright?

  • Dominik will check on her as well

[Ysabeau] Martan...

  • Guillame looks around
  • Ysabeau says sadly.

[Guillame] I don't see him here...

[Ysabeau] I couldn't save him.

[Dominik] What happened? How did you get here?

  • Ysabeau checks her baby to make sure she is still alive.

[DiablotinNarrator] Jessamine is fine, although obviously upset and probably hungry by now as well.

[Guillame] Is... is that your baby?

  • Ysabeau just starts crying, and opens up her bodice so the baby can nurse.
  • Guillame takes that as a yes.


Alma

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you are still trapped in your little cage, watching what happens to Martan... Your only other option is to try and get out.

  • Alma will try to Dimension Door out, 5' behind Kavreshar

[Alma] .oO( Oh Gods protect me this is stupid. )

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you can do that.

  • Kavreshar is quite preoccupied at the moment, thankfully for you.
  • Alma will try to Force Shapechange on him -_-

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, what's the save DC?)

[Alma] (Heh, 23? :p)

[DiablotinNarrator] (will? or fort?)

[Alma] (Will)

[DiablotinNarrator] kk

[Alma] (Oh, and SR)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah)

[Alma] (CL roll 22 :/)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah no)

[Alma] (Oh ! uh that thing)

[Alma] (I reroll)

[Alma] (CL 30!)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, that will make it :)

[DiablotinNarrator] (now he gets his save ;)

  • Kavreshar 's form suddenly shifts against his will, turning him into a vast, fiery dragon-like beast.
  • Alma will take the first opportunity to try to grab Martan and teleport out

[DiablotinNarrator] You take 5d4 points of damage per round that you're close to him.

[Alma] (I can take it.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (back to upstairs...)


Serpent returns

[DiablotinNarrator] As Emkathon empties the vessel, the ground begins to shift and tremble beneath your feet.

[Ilphere] ...!

[Ilphere] Is that supposed to happen..?

[DiablotinNarrator] The Arch itself seems to groan, rising slowly from the earth, its two halves finally visible together and joined as one once more.

[DiablotinNarrator] As you watch, it begins to turn - or perhaps it's the colours that are moving, the black and white circling and beginning to blend into one another, becoming a swirl of mottled grey.

[Sanadhil] I don't know

[Sanadhil] but that looks....right

[Ilphere] Yes...

[DiablotinNarrator] Beneath this ring, emerging from the earth are several figures who weren't there a moment ago. One is Butler Belden, one is ... or was... Martan, and one is a hellfire wyrm. One is Alma.

[Ilphere] Like the stars I saw, that first night here...

  • Seth falls to his knees wordlessly.
  • Martan is floating some distance from the ground, his - her? - limbs hanging loose and eyes wide and shining with a light that seems to come from within.

[Sanadhil] Where's Ysabeau :o

[Seth] Ysabeau ...

[Seth] And the baby...

  • Sanadhil backs away form the hellyfire wyrm @_@
  • Martan speaks in a voice that bears no resemblance to his own, or indeed anything human.

[Ilphere] :o

[Sanadhil] :Ysabeau?

[Martan] I RETURN.

[Alma] No!

  • Sanadhil will try and reach out to her mentally, if she's somehow within 100 feet of him

[Ilphere] Sanadhil, can you reach her...?

[Ilphere] I can try a spell...

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil nods distractedly to Ilphere

[Sanadhil] ...trying.

  • Sanadhil is staring at Martan

[Ilphere] ... :o

  • Alma tries to think of what she can do to help Martan ;_;
  • Martan suddenly slumps to the ground like a puppet with cut strings, and the light goes out of his eyes, swirling around him for a moment before surging upwards and passing through the Arch-gate into whatever lies beyond.

[Sanadhil] (How close are we to him, versus how close are we to Kavreshar?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it meaning the Arch?)

  • Guillame looks to Silvia for guidance
  • Alma will push through the heat of Kavreshar if she can to try to grab Martan.

[Seth] (do I feel or sense anything unusual in my sensing of the city?)

[Sanadhil] :Are you there? Are yo safe?

  • Sanadhil recovers from his shock

[DiablotinNarrator] San - you have probably all fallen back from the Arch somewhat, and Kav and Martan are both right near it, so ... it's a toss-up really.

  • Dominik draws his Holy Sword and readies to charge the hellwyrm
  • Sanadhil would try to get to Martan as well, if he could

[DiablotinNarrator] Guy - Silvia seems inclined to stay where she is for the moment.

  • Sanadhil will try and telepathy him also... :Mr. Olivier - can you hear me?
  • Guillame follows Dominik's lead

[DiablotinNarrator] San - no response. Alma, you can attempt to rush up and grab Martan.

  • Alma will (Deathwatch as she goes to grab him)

[DiablotinNarrator] (He is fragile, Alma)

  • Ilphere will Wish to see Ysabeau (LW for Scrying), since Sanadhil hasn't indicated any response...

[Sanadhil] no answer, from either

[Sanadhil] (I thought I'd already said, sorry :3)

  • Alma will Word of Recall home, with Martan.

[Alma] (or try, I suppose)

[DiablotinNarrator] (no leaving the bubble!)

[Alma] (I don't know there's a bubble!)

  • Dominik will charge once Alma has Martin

[DiablotinNarrator] (true - but you do know when your spell doesn't work)

  • Alma makes some sort of angry frustrated noise.
  • Sanadhil will try to cacth up with Alma if he can
  • Alma will cast her most powerful single target heal
  • Emkathon reaches out to Kavreshar.
  • Emkathon seems unaffected by the heat or fear that's gripping just about everyone else in the area.
  • Kavreshar resumes his demonic form when she touches him.

[Alma] (I take 2 or 3 more rounds of damage ?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, we can roll but I am assuming you can handle it ;)

[Alma] (For a while yeah)

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom and those going to the hellwyrm, your target is no longer there.

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, he's much smaller anyway ;)

[Dominik] (not stopping with the stabby)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

  • Guillame will back Dom up in dealing with Kavreshar... and look for an opportunity for revenge.

[Dominik] (if a 27 doesnt hit this thing, I'm definitly destiny re-rolling)


Seth

  • Seth will go up to the Arch and attempt to meld into it.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you sidle up to the Arch and meld into it.

[DiablotinNarrator] Inside, it is not a grey realm of nothingness, but a black, vast space, full of stars.

  • Seth looks around to see if there are any other beings in here.
  • Seth will also call out to Emkathon.

[DiablotinNarrator] You see no other human-like beings... You sense presences, but nothing human lives here.

[Seth] (can I see the ordinary constellations of our sky, or are these different?)

[DiablotinNarrator] These are different.

[DiablotinNarrator] or perhaps, from a different angle.

[Seth] (can I even get out of here? if there's no stone?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (brilliant question)

[DiablotinNarrator] (no?)

[Seth] (awesome)

[Seth] :Emkathon? Serpent? Pasith?


Emkathon and Kavreshar

  • Emkathon and Kavreshar's wings unfurl and they fly up, out of your melee reach, Dom and Guy.
  • Guillame spits

[DiablotinNarrator] Was all of this concocted by the two of them? You can't be sure.

[Kavreshar] May this land be made clean.

[Emkathon] May this land be made whole.

[Ilphere] :o

  • Emkathon says before they disappear together into the Arch - not through, but *into*.

[Alma] ...

  • Alma will check on Martan again after her Heal.
  • Dominik pauses in mid strike lowering his blade


Seth

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you sense presences drawing near you.

  • Seth looks around, now more than a little bit worried.

[Seth] Emkathon?

  • Emkathon 's presence is near, you can feel it, Seth, although not see her.

[Emkathon] Seth. You should not be here...

[Seth] Tell me, Mother, how I should serve you.

[Seth] I will obey.

[Emkathon] I will send you home. You cannot survive here, not in your present form.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] I understand. I trust in your mercy.

[DiablotinNarrator] You feel stone beneath your hands and are able to find your way out again, Seth.

  • Seth emerges quickly - where am I?

[DiablotinNarrator] You are by the Arch - Circle? Gate? - on the Down.


Theonee and Butler die

[DiablotinNarrator] (Alma, Martan seems recovering... but ... possibly not quite himself.)

  • Ysabeau gives up on trying to feed the baby, who can't latch on because she can't stop sobbing.
  • Ysabeau gets up ever so wearily and walks towards her husband's corpse.
  • Alma prays to the Seven that Martan will be well, that she managed to stop it before it took him.
  • Sanadhil gets out of the way when Ysabeau comes to Martan
  • Phedre still has her razor at hand, standing beside Theonee, but is looking fairly stunned.
  • Seth will look for his friends, then, and head towards them.
  • Butler also looks stunned.

[Dominik] Void

  • Sanadhil looks to the gate
  • Dominik slams his sword back in its sheath
  • Theonee walks over to where Butler stands.
  • Ysabeau passes her baby off to Alma and cradles Martan instead.

[Theonee] Butler... I'm going now. Will you come with me? This is what was meant for us, from before we were born - that we should go to our destiny together.

[Butler] Fuck destiny.

  • Alma will hold the baby for Ysabeau, looking about and finding no more suitable candidate in case she feels the need to start casting.
  • Butler says hollowly.

[Theonee] There will be mercy for you there, and justice - both things you have long been denied.

  • Ysabeau gathers him up as gently as if he were a newborn baby and just rocks him.

[Alma] It'll be OK Ysabeau. We'll straighten things out.

  • Butler looks stunned, lost, but when she reaches out her hand to him, he takes it, as if out of long habit.

[Sanadhil] :|

  • Alma looks at the two of them angrily.

[Alma] What about your child?

  • Theonee looks over.

[Ysabeau] It was his choice, Sister... It had to be. Or it wouldn't have worked.

[Alma] It's great to talk of destiny, and then just leave the mess behind!

[Theonee] Our child will live, as I had hoped.

  • Alma looks down at Martan... unsure as to whether she can take comfort from Theonée's assurances.

[Butler] I can't believe I ... I tried...

  • Theonee shushes him.

[Theonee] Close your eyes.

  • Butler does as he's told.
  • Alma turns her back on the pair to watch Martan and Ysabeau, checking to make sure he's OK with Deathwatch again, paranoid.
  • Theonee nods to Phedre, who approaches with her razor.
  • Ysabeau strokes his hair gently away from his forehead, just willing him to live.
  • Butler and Theonee, standing beneath the Arch, look at peace in that last moment.
  • Sanadhil hesitates between watching and not

[Sanadhil] . o O (Willing sacrifice...)

[Sanadhil] . o O ( :| )

  • Phedre works swiftly, first Butler and then Theonee.

[DiablotinNarrator] They fall together, holding one another close as if for comfort.

[DiablotinNarrator] When their blood touches the ground and mingles there, their bodies vanish in the blink of an eye.

  • Phedre lets her blade fall and steps back...


Silvia and Marl

  • Silvia tugs at your sleeve, Guillame.

[Guillame] Yes?

[Silvia] [w] I know what to do... It's my job now.

[Guillame] What is? Tell me.

[Ilphere] :o

[Silvia] [w] Someone has to take care of it.

  • Silvia goes to Marl and takes his hand.
  • Silvia doesn't drop it in horror this time.

[Silvia] You have to go through it.

  • Silvia tells him, more confidently.

[Silvia] If you want to be emperor, you have to earn it.

[Marl] ...

  • Marl looks around as if hoping there's some way out of this, but there are a lot of people watching him right now @_@

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Seth] [q] So it has always been. The testing.

[Marl] Very well.

  • Sanadhil watches

[Ilphere] She's the Keeper...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] Nash...

  • Silvia leads Marl through the Arch, and they disappear together.
  • Ilphere holds her breath, waiting to see what will happen...
  • Guillame sets a grim face

[DiablotinNarrator] They emerge a short while later. Marl looks pale and shaken, but Silvia is smiling.

[Silvia] [w] He is... good enough.

  • Alma does her best to identify any cultists.

[Guillame] . o O (Feh... maybe *now* he is.)

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

  • Sanadhil repeats, and nods

[Ilphere] :D


People start to leave

[DiablotinNarrator] People begin slipping away from the group, shaken and puzzled by what they have seen tonight.

[DiablotinNarrator] Nothing prevents you leaving...

  • Sanadhil will go up and carefully put his hand on the arch before he leaves
  • Seth isn't going anywhere, and stays close to the arch
  • Ilphere also approaches the arch.
  • Alma stays with Martan and Ysabeau.
  • Ilphere reverently places her hands on its smooth stone.
  • Guillame does too

[Seth] It's so beautiful. Inside ... it is so beautiful. So many stars ...

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, you are holding Martan when he moans softly under his breath, and stirs.

[Ilphere] (I assume Laeken isn't here)

  • Sanadhil nods

[DiablotinNarrator] (long gone, yeah)

[Ilphere] I wonder what happened to the people inside...

  • Dominik is torn between helping Ysabeau and escorting the emperor

[Sanadhil] They're souls.

  • Sanadhil looks up at the sky

[Guillame] (To Silvia) Are you too tired to teach *me* a lesson?

[Ysabeau] Shhh...

  • Alma kneals down beside them with the baby

[Silvia] No... I'm all right. What do you need to know?

  • Ysabeau renews her gentle, soothing, hair-smoothing efforts. She starts singing softly to calm him, since he looks so frail.

[Martan] [w] You're... safe....

  • Martan murmurs, smiling at Ysa.

[Guillame] Just... about this. Tell me the story. I'm not exactly ready to head back to bed.

[Silvia] Oh... well, I don't know if I really understand it all myself.

  • Alma smiles broadly when he recognises her.

[Silvia] I might have to talk to someone older.

[Ysabeau] So are you... Though I'm not sure that you used the ring the way it was meant to be used, my love. I guess time will tell.

  • Guillame nods
  • Martan nods wearily.
  • Alma reaches out to brush some dirt from Martan's shoulder.

[Martan] [w] Sorry... I... saved you ;)

  • Martan 's voice seems ... different.
  • Sanadhil eyes the little family + Alma, glad to see them all alive but not wanting to intrude

[Alma] Oh, hmm.

[Ysabeau] I forgive you. And Maze had better.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] We need to get you home. And into bed.

[Ysabeau] Only...

[Martan] [w] Home... might not have.. bed anymore.

  • Ysabeau nods sadly.

[Ysabeau] Will my home be all right?

  • Martan nods.

[Alma] I can get you both there...

[Ysabeau] All three of us, you mean.

[Alma] Yes, yes, of course.

[Ysabeau] Sister - Kavreshar burned down Maze's house...

[Ysabeau] Can you find out if they're all right, and tell them we are? And where they can find us?

[Alma] Yes, I can do that.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

  • Ysabeau turns back to Martan.

[Ysabeau] Can you stand...?

[Martan] ...I can try...

  • Martan will stand, with assistance.
  • Ysabeau will help him up, though she is bone-weary from labour and terror.
  • Alma looks around and marvels somewhat that everyone seems to be here again.


Seth

  • Seth goes over to the Emperor, once he realizes that he's here.

[Seth] I suppose I shouldn't ask why and how you came to be here in the first place, Your Majesty?

[Marl] Theonee told me I should be here. I didn't expect... this.

  • Marl seems a bit stunned.

[Seth] I think that Cornelia did ... in some way.

[Seth] She will be ... not displeased.

[Seth] Are you ... how do you feel?

[Marl] Like I could sleep for a week.

[Ysabeau] Join the club...

  • Ysabeau murmurs as she guides Martan past Marl.

[Seth] No time for that, alas. Much to do. Although I admit that, not needing sleep, I can no longer empathize.

  • Marl gives you a grumpy look.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Seth] Which is, of course, my way of asking how I can serve you best.

[Seth] This place needs watching, now that it has power once again

[Marl] Take me home?

[Alma] We can teleport anytime you'd like, Mr... and Mrs. Olivier....

  • Alma hesitates a moment as she says that.
  • Alma will tell Hespera before she leaves their home, so that they needn't learn by surprise.

[Dominik] Very well Sire.

  • Seth nods

[Seth] Thank you M. Rademacher. I shall remain here for the time being, Sire, if it please you.

  • Seth says to Marl
  • Ysabeau surveys the area before nodding that they're ready to go... she wishes she had more arms, to both support Martan and carry the baby

[Sanadhil] I'm sure the arch can protect itself, M. Argo.

  • Dominik nods to Seth and will escore Marl out of the Downs... eyeing Ysabeau, Martin and child, who hopefully will be whirled away by Alma

[Seth] I'm not worried about protecting the Arch. I am worried about protecting the citizenry.

[Sanadhil] ahh

[Silvia] I should stay too.

  • Seth nods.

[Guillame] I thought you would

[Seth] We should contact Mme. Nash right away. I am confident she has much to share with you about your new role.

[Silvia] Oh, really? Good @_@

  • Sanadhil looks at Ilphere

[Sanadhil] Did you want to go back with your cousin and the Emperor?

[Ilphere_] Oh yes, sure...!

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil will see her off with them then @_@
  • Sanadhil will head home himself then... conveniently not too far away

[DiablotinNarrator] All right - people head off home, or to wherever they are going... and little wrap-up scenes can begin, and people can chat in gnomeland or whatever.

Epilogues

Dominik and Laurine

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom - within a few days, Marl's deadline for letting him know your decision has arrived.

[Dominik] (yeah I know I need a decision)

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh)

[DiablotinNarrator] (do you need to talk to Laurine or someone to be able to decide?)

[Dominik] (wanted to talk to Laurine first)

[DiablotinNarrator] (sure)

  • Laurine is not technically in mourning, since her husband might still be alive...ish @_@
  • Dominik will explain what Marl has offered him

[Laurine] ...

[Dominik] I don't want to leave you.

[Laurine] So you'd have to marry someone else?

[Dominik] If I was to properly take either title, yes.

[Dominik] and have a chance of holding it.

[Laurine] Then don't. We're just so close to being free... I thought it would take years, but now...

[Laurine] If we marry eventually, then you'd be a Duke anyway.

  • Dominik nods
  • Laurine takes your hands.

[Dominik] My mind can think of ruses and schemes on how to make things work... but in the end I don't want to live that kind of life.

  • Laurine nods.

[Laurine] We could just... be honest.

[Dominik] That's what I was thinking too

[Laurine] If Sylvain really is gone.

[Dominik] He hasn't been found.

[Laurine] I wonder how long we have to wait ...

[Laurine] I mean to marry. Obviously we don't have to wait for anything else ;)

[Dominik] It would be easy to find out... but I dont want to wait to be with you.

  • Laurine kisses you.

[Dominik] I'll tell Marl the snake-pit he would drop me into is not the fight I want to be in... and I have a daughter that needs a father while Sylvain is missing.

[Laurine] All right. Good then :)

[Dominik] He might not understand my reasons, but he will accept them.

  • Laurine nods.
  • Dominik kisses Laurine and celebrates thier decisions
  • Dominik will let Marl know the next day.
  • Marl accepts your decision.

[Dominik] (im sure the rest of my family, except my mother, does not)

[DiablotinNarrator] (heheh)


Seth and Nash

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - you have the opportunity to talk to Nash, who has been (as you surmised) providing Silvia with instructions in her new role.

[Seth] I am sorry I did not have a chance to contact you while the events were ongoing, but as you can imagine, they were quite chaotic, and actually quite brief.

[Cornelia] No, I understand. In a way, it worked out better than we could have expected.

[Seth] Yes, I see that now. I ... admit to still being quite astonished at the whole thing, and quite uncertain about the future.

[Cornelia] That's understandable.

[Seth] I do not much like uncertainty.

  • Cornelia nods.

[Cornelia] Nor do I. But in some cases, there is little choice.

[Seth] I see this, perhaps, as an opportunity for me to define my role here in the city. With respect ... with respect to Emkathon, and Kavreshar, but more importantly, to Serpent and the Center.

  • Cornelia nods.

[Seth] Marl will need my guidance, now that he is truly the Emperor.

[Cornelia] Indeed - I was glad to hear he passed the trial.

[Seth] I think one of my first pieces of advice to him will be to take him to speak to Raimar. After that ... well, my place is as guardian of this city, just as Silvia will guard the Arch.

[Cornelia] You'll both do well.

[Cornelia] She will serve until another comes to take her place... but you - I don't know about you.

[Seth] What do you mean?

[Cornelia] The guardian of the Arch has always been a ...temporary position. Once one reaches maturity, something changes - it is no longer possible, or at least no longer safe, to take that role.

[Seth] Yes, of course.

[Cornelia] But I don't know of any previous individual like yourself - I don't know if you will have a successor or not.

[Seth] Ah, well, yes, I see.

[Cornelia] Does that bother you?

[Seth] The city needs a guardian. She will always need a guardian. Whether me, or someone else. But I do not anticipate that I will soon be superseded.

[Cornelia] Very well.

[Seth] Thank you, Nash, for helping me to this place.

[Cornelia] I only wish I could have been there - as I'm sure do many others.

[Seth] It was ... amazing.

[Cornelia] Perhaps it is for the best, however...

  • Cornelia says, taking off her glasses momentarily.

[Cornelia] I have stood in the presence of a god before - I don't know that I could withstand it a second time.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] I understand ... now.

  • Cornelia puts her spectacles back on.

[Cornelia] May the Centre protect you, Seth.

[Seth] And you, Cornelia.

  • Cornelia bids you farewell, and you return to the streets of the city, which seem to hum around you with a new energy.


Guillame and Aden

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame - you are still not fully sure you understand what Silvia's new role is, but she seems happy at least.

[DiablotinNarrator] Aden comes to speak with you one evening not long after.

  • Guillame is proud anyway, and will try to understand what's going on in his and her own time.

[Aden_] I heard about what happened... sort of... Are you all right?

[Guillame] Yes, I'm just fine. I'm a little... well, it doesn't matter now anyway.

  • Aden_ embraces you tightly.

[Guillame] I guess I really just wanted revenge, on some level, and unless I was really wrong about who was responsible, that can't happen now.

[Aden_] I'm sorry... :/

[Guillame] But that's probably for the best... I mean, I've seen where that can go.

[Guillame] Thanks.

[Guillame] Has anything changed for you?

[Aden_] Maybe once the trials of his accomplices take place, that will help a little.

[Aden_] Well... no, not really. We are looking for a new Chancellor, though. I wondered... whether you would have any interest in it, or whether you were maybe hoping to restart the Levellers or something instead.

[Guillame] Maybe. I don't know if I can blame them now, considering that he was sort of working for the best... feh. Best not to dwell on it.

  • Aden_ nods.

[Guillame] Me... Chancellor?

[Aden_] Why not? You'd be good at it.

[Guillame] There's really no way I could turn that down. My father would have been delighted.

[Aden_] There's a lot of resolving disputes, and comforting people who've just lost relatives.

[Guillame] And you immediately thought of me?

[Aden_] Well... yes.

  • Guillame asks, mock-offended
  • Guillame grins

[Aden_] You were so good with me, when my mother... you know.

[Guillame] I know, silly.

  • Aden_ smiles.

[Guillame] Well, as I say - if they'll have me, I couldn't say no.

[Aden_] Well, I can't guarantee anything - but I'll suggest it to the Emperor.

[Aden_] You know I'll support you :)

[Guillame] ... thanks.

[Guillame] Has... hrm.

[Guillame] Has Marl been any different?

[Aden_] He's been... maybe a little better, if anything? He seems to listen more, at least.

[Guillame] That's what I'd hoped

[Aden_] Come - is Portia home? I ought to say good evening to her as well, if she is. And if not... you really ought not to be alone tonight ;)

[Guillame] She is... I was going to ask if you wanted to stay tonight, though - you can join us all for dinner.

[Aden_] I'd like that.

  • Aden_ will do so, then.


Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] Sanadhil - you have returned home safely to Dozilva and Arek.

[DiablotinNarrator] They are, of course, relieved to see you @_@

  • Sanadhil will explain what he understands of all that happened @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] A few days later, you are ... surprised, but perhaps not entirely surprised, to hear that Phedre has been arrested for murder.

[Sanadhil] :|

[Sanadhil] . o O (But it wasn't really...)

[DiablotinNarrator] Whether anyone will be able to convict her... uncertain at this point. After all, if the 'victims' were willing, and there are numerous witnesses to that fact...

  • Sanadhil is willing to witness on that front, if it comes to it.

[DiablotinNarrator] The fate of the cult remains uncertain - Viviane seems prepared to take over her mother's role if neccessary, however your numbers have recently ... decreased for various reasons.

[Sanadhil] they... we.... need something new.

[DiablotinNarrator] Meanwhile, your job at the Castalia has resumed, since students are back, and in some ways you are just as busy as ever.

[DiablotinNarrator] Consolidating your number of residences probably helps though @_@

  • Sanadhil will definitely see about acquiring the rest of rthe building, or at least the adjacent ones

[Sanadhil] (adjacent units, I mean)

[DiablotinNarrator] That can be arranged.

[DiablotinNarrator] Prices in Rhenea drop a bit, then probably skyrocket after nothing else blows up for a few months ;)

[Sanadhil] (indeed ^-^)

[Sanadhil] (I coudl always buy a few more, really... @_@)

  • Arek seems to regain some of his composure after a while as well.
  • Sanadhil is very much relieved at that
  • Arek , to prevent excessive boredom as a househusband, starts making notes for scandalous high-society romance novels ^-^
  • Sanadhil will probably be warily fascinated at first @_@
  • Dozilva encourages him in these efforts, because she finds it hilarious.

[Sanadhil] D:

  • Dozilva also, cautiously at first, begins to go out without her disguise, since Marl claims that a) he doesn't want people working in his palace under false identities, and b) he'll make sure she's safe.
  • Sanadhil anxiouses all over for that, and will try to make sure he is with her at first
  • Dozilva is also nervous at first, but it seems to go all right, other than a great deal of staring.
  • Sanadhil is relieved, and can help her cope with *that* at least


Alma and Danyel

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma - you are indeed one of those who pressed for Phedre's arrest, and for Esmena's dismissal from the church.

[DiablotinNarrator] What do you decide to do with the twins?

  • Alma ought to talk to Danyel about that...
  • Alma will call him into their room some evening after the dramatic night.
  • Danyel is still a bit relieved every time he sees you.
  • Alma smiles and gives him a loving kiss.
  • Danyel smiles back.

[Alma] I've been wondering what will happen to these two now...

[Danyel] So have I. Have you talked to Ysabeau about it?

[Alma] Not since the other night... I know she's willing to take care of them.

[Alma] Since /before/ the other night, I should say.

[Danyel] Yes... but she's got a baby of her own now too. It might be difficult for her.

[Alma] They have money for help.

  • Danyel nods.

[Danyel] But do *you* want to keep them?

[Alma] I'm... just not sure she'll... watch... or even if that's necessary anymore.

[Alma] I'm not sure... I want them to be safe, and protected...

[Alma] But I don't think I feel like... their mother.

  • Danyel nods.

[Danyel] Well, you know that if they are with Ysabeau, you'll see them whenever you want.

  • Alma nods.
  • Danyel gives you a hug.

[Alma] As much as I'm worried that Ysabeau might not ... watch, well... I'm worried I could never ignore it...

  • Alma leans her head on your shoulder.

[Alma] Maybe it stings a little to accept that I'm not the best person for this job.

[Danyel] You have a lot of other responsibilities.

  • Alma nods.

[Danyel] [m] And if we want, we can have one or two of our own someday.

  • Alma nods.
  • Danyel kisses the top of your head.

[Alma] Sometime soon, I think...

  • Alma smiles
  • Danyel smiles at that.

[Alma] I'll balloon out like Ysabeau and waddle about in my robes like an aubergine.

  • Danyel laughs.

[Danyel] You'll look lovely ;)

  • Alma will wrap her arms around him tightly

[Alma] So, unless some sort of ... situation comes up with Leonien Kizer... Ysabeau.

[Alma] They deserve the attention she'll give them.

[Danyel] All right.

[Alma] And ... we'll be close enough to enjoy their successes...

[Danyel] You can always offer to babysit for them if she needs a break :)

[Alma] True :)

  • Alma will lead Danyel out of the room with the sleeping babes.

[Danyel] (awww)


Ysabeau

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau - you are still becoming accustomed to Martan's new form. He still prefers to wear male clothing and keep his male name, but his body is female... You still think of him as 'him', and he seems to prefer that.

[DiablotinNarrator] You soon learn that Murienne and the others escaped unharmed from the house, fortunately.

[Ysabeau] (How is Martan adjusting to being female?)

[DiablotinNarrator] It will take time, obviously... for now, he is not willing to be turned back, however, despite various magical options.

[Ysabeau] (OK)

  • Ysabeau is supportive of whatever he decides, of course. And patient if he doesn't feel comfortable being a woman being with another woman.

[DiablotinNarrator] For a time, your house is very crowded with babies, until you manage to buy a new place with enough room for all three of them...

  • Ysabeau gives her small house to Murienne, with Martan's approval...

[DiablotinNarrator] Of course :)

[Ysabeau] (Maze and them get themselves set up again, or are they living with us?)

  • Martan secures up the new place as much as Maze's house used to be - old habits and all.
  • Ysabeau is fine with that. Martan is still the spymaster, isn't he? ^-^
  • Martan keeps on at his work, becoming more confident as time goes on.

[DiablotinNarrator] Maze and co. will remain in the city, but in their own residence, effectively retired.

  • Martan may still occasionally consult them though @_@
  • Ysabeau enjoys having them over often, I'm sure... Jessamine Sr., especially, must drop by - Yeah.
  • Ysabeau works hard at composing, raising babies and making the house a home for Martan and his staff.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can also enjoy taking the kids to visit your extended family - something you never thought you'd have :)

  • Ysabeau does, of course. Trips to the Haupts and the Desrosiers when possible.

[DiablotinNarrator] And Alma also often drops by to check on them ;)

  • Alma tries not to get caught DEing them.

[DiablotinNarrator] (lol)

  • Ysabeau loves all three babies as her own, and is watchful of the twins showing any unusual signs.


Ilphere

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere - you continue with your studies, of course!

[Ilphere] (of course..!)

[DiablotinNarrator] And your dreams, though no longer as troubling as they once were, continue to take you to strange, wonderful lands, and vast starscapes full of unknowable entities.

[Ilphere] (yay! :D)

[DiablotinNarrator] It's comforting to wake up next to Menard, if perhaps sometimes a little disappointing to have to wake at all... ;)

  • Menard knows little of what happened, only what you choose to tell him, and seems content with that.

[Ilphere] :3

  • Menard finds it all a little unsettling, to tell the truth @_@

[Ilphere] (well then it's better that I keep it vague :3)

[DiablotinNarrator] (indeed!)


General

[DiablotinNarrator] Livianne Kizer is chosen as the new Duchess of Psyra, the Sentinel begins publishing again after a lengthy hiatus, and life continues as normal... more or less...

[DiablotinNarrator] The Society is rebuilt and much of its former contents are restored or replaced.

[DiablotinNarrator] Those of you who knew him will learn that, shortly after these events, Rab felt called to leave the city - he believed that Pasith had finally been reborn, and was intent on seeking her out.

[DiablotinNarrator] Laeken... well, he is probably still around somewhere @_@

  • Sanadhil will look for him on occasion ;)

[Ilphere] (yeah! :V)

[DiablotinNarrator] Things change, and things remain the same, and life continues.... for now. The End.

[DiablotinNarrator] (...until D3 ;)

Solos