Diablotin 2 session 69

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 69 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] It is the beginning of 9th-month, the start of what should be the harvest season. Unfortunately, it seems as though the poor weather has diminished this year's crops, much like last year. Harvests have been poor in many areas.

[DiablotinNarrator] The big news recently is the arrest of the Count of Sephinos, Trevan Rademacher, and various associates, on charges of treason. The Duke of Psyra, his father, is reported to be furious at the treatment of his son, and there are rumours (currently unsubstantiated) that war may be coming.

Seth and Gwen

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, your Aunt Gwen comes looking for you. Where would she be likely to find you?

[Seth] (at the Society, most likely - doing a lot of research these days)

  • Gwen finds you at the Society, then.

[Gwen] You aren't the easiest person to find, you know.

[Seth] Ah, Aunt Gwen. My apologies. My research has taken me in some very interesting directions lately.

[Gwen] Great.

[Gwen] We need to talk.

[Seth] Of course. Here?

[Gwen] No, somewhere more secure.

[Seth] All right. Come with me.

  • Gwen nods.
  • Seth will lead Gwen through to a place where no one would come, or scry them.

[Gwen] ...Nice place you have here.

[Seth] This isn't mine. It's just a spot.

[Gwen] OK, whatever. Listen, weird things are going on.

[Seth] My definition of 'weird' may not be yours. What is it?

[Gwen] 'It' is a large number of things.

[Gwen] One is, the shakeup in the Hush.

[Seth] Which faction is taking charge?

[Gwen] Neither, not really.

[Gwen] Maze's protegee Martan is taking over. I don't know if it's a coup of his own initiative, or if there's some other reason behind it.

[Seth] Hmm, that issue has been far from my concern, of late. There had been talk, about the young Olivier.

[Gwen] What sort of talk?

[Seth] Well at one point there was talk that Maze was trying to portray Martan as Martan Kizer reborn. That, I *think*, has been refuted.

  • Gwen gives a brief laugh.

[Gwen] I think he'd give him a different name if that was the case... seems a bit obvious.

[Seth] Well, yes. But in any case, I do have a potential connection to Martan Olivier. He has been seen a great deal in the company of my sometime travelling companion, Ysabeau Chanuier.

  • Gwen nods.

[Gwen] She the one who's fucking the Emperor?

[Seth] Yes, it appears so. She was also involved with my companion Dominik Rademacher for quite some time. She seems to get around.

  • Gwen nods.

[Gwen] Popular girl.

[Seth] In any case, I would be surprised if she would be all right with her consort leading the Hush. She ... isn't that type.

  • Gwen shrugs.

[Gwen] Maybe she's just a good actor.

[Gwen] Anything you can find out from her - discreetly, of course - let me know.

[Gwen] If she's that much of a slut, maybe you can... nah, never mind.

[Seth] Well ... yes. I could certainly raise the issue without her suspecting it was of your interest, or the Duke's. She would, of course, assume it is the Warlord's interest.

[Seth] Uhh ... no.

[Gwen] Yeah, no.

[Gwen] How closely are you still working with Nash?

[Seth] I'm not sure I'm *working* with her at all. I speak to her regularly.

  • Gwen nods.

[Seth] I still am not exactly sure what she is trying to do, and now that apparently there is a change in the Hush ... is Nash going to remain as Warlord?

[Gwen] I suspect not.

[Gwen] So it might be prudent to cut back on your association with her.

[Seth] Surely Martan Olivier will not be the Warlord, though?

[Gwen] No, no.

[Gwen] I don't know who will be. There are only rumours at this point.

[Seth] But the rumors about Maze and Nash being ousted, are more than that?

[Gwen] Maze's departure isn't just a rumour anymore... it seems pretty likely to be true.

[Gwen] And if Nash isn't taking over, then I can't see how she would stay as Warlord.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] I see.

[Seth] Honestly, I don't talk much to Nash about that side of her work.

[Gwen] That's probably for the best.

[Gwen] Less reason for her to need to silence you if things go bad.

[Gwen] And I don't just mean in that bard-y silence way :p

[Seth] And my visits to her are quite discreet. Sometimes I don't even use the door.

  • Gwen nods.

[Gwen] So, anything you can find out about Martan, via this Ysabeau girl, would be helpful.

  • Gwen seems as though she's still worried about something else, though.

[Seth] Why doesn't the Duke just ask the Emperor about this?

[Gwen] Yeah, about that.

[Gwen] Have you talked to the boss lately?

[Seth] Not lately. I come when I'm asked, not otherwise.

[Gwen] Well, if you do see him, tell me if you think he's acting... strange.

[Seth] All ... right ... ... Strange how?

[Gwen] I spoke to him yesterday... He was a bit distracted, maybe. And forgetful of things I'd told him before - and he never forgets things. I'm worried he might be sick... or maybe he's just preoccupied with something. I hope it's that.

[Seth] Hmm. Thank you for telling me. I'll be alert for anything.

[Gwen] Maybe, even, make up a reason to go talk to him? If you can think of something plausible, anyway.

[Seth] I'm sure I can, especially with this latest news.

[Gwen] Because if he's going loopy, then it could be just because he's old and sick, or it could be that he's being poisoned, or affected by a spell, or... I don't know what.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] So this business with the Hush, you think this is the Emperor's idea alone?

[Gwen] Maybe. I hope so, in a way. It's good for him to take charge of it.

[Gwen] He's been letting it slide for too long.

[Seth] You're not angry that he would choose this Olivier child over you?

  • Gwen laughs.

[Gwen] Oh, void. I don't want that job, what a nightmare. If this kid is easy to work with, then I'm happy.

[Seth] But you did want it, didn't you, when Marl first took power?

[Gwen] Maybe briefly. But I've reconsidered.

[Seth] Especially now with it being factionalized the way it is.

[Gwen] Like I said, nightmare. The kid is going to have a lot of work to do, even if Nash is out of the way.

[Seth] Well, they may be getting even more interesting than that, in some very weird ways. But about that, I'll have to let you know when I'm able to say more.

[Gwen] ... All right. Find out what you can, and let me know.

[Gwen] Stay safe.

[Seth] I will.

  • Gwen will go on her way.


Dominik, Fredericia and Marl

  • Fredericia has you over for dinner, Dom.
  • Dominik will go then
  • Fredericia welcomes you in.

[Dominik] Thank you for the invitation.

[Fredericia] Well, of course :)

  • Fredericia 's servants serve a nice meal, which you are in the middle of eating when...

[DiablotinNarrator] A servant comes to Fred's side and murmurs something in her ear. She frowns, but nods.

[Dominik] A problem?

[Fredericia] Apparently your boss is here, unexpectedly.

[Fredericia] Obviously I can't tell him we're in the middle of dinner, bugger off.

[Dominik] No, I don't think that would be very appropriate, alas.

[Fredericia] I suppose we can set an extra place for him, if he's hungry.

[Dominik] But I'm very curious to see what he wants.

[Fredericia] So am I...

  • Marl enters a short while later. Fredericia rises and curtseys politely to him.
  • Dominik rises and shows his respect

[Fredericia] Good evening, your Majesty.

[Fredericia] What an unexpected pleasure. Would you care to join us for dinner?

[Marl] Thank you, but no, I've already eaten.

  • Fredericia nods.

[Marl] I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but I have some important matters to discuss with you.

[Fredericia] Of course. Privately, or ...?

  • Fredericia says with a glance to Dom.

[Marl] Both of you may remain.

  • Dominik nods

[Marl] I imagine you've heard rumours about what's happening in the Hush at present.

  • Fredericia nods.

[Marl] I am attempting, inasmuch as such a thing is possible, to bring things back into some semblance of order.

[Marl] Consequently, I will shortly be replacing the Warlord.

  • Dominik looks very interested in Marl's words.

[Marl] I wish to invite you to take the position, if you want it.

  • Marl says to Fredericia.

[Fredericia] Me?

[Marl] Yes.

[Fredericia] ...

[Marl] I understand you may need time to think it over...

[Fredericia] No, I don't. I'll take it.

[Marl] Very well.

  • Marl nods.

[Dominik] Is Nash loosing her other duties as well or is this just a split of responsibility... if I'm not being to forward in asking.

[Marl] Nash will be .. retiring.

  • Fredericia nods.

[Marl] She has served the Empire for many years, she deserves a rest.

[Dominik] And her replacement in her other duties will be?

[Marl] Martan Olivier will be taking over the Hush, if that is what you're asking.

[Dominik] That was the question.

  • Marl nods.
  • Dominik smiles to himself

[Marl] He seems amenable to working cooperatively, I hope it will all go smoothly.

[Fredericia] Should I speak with him? Or wait...

[Marl] Wait until the official announcement, at least.

[Fredericia] Very well.

[Fredericia] Can I ask, is there a war coming? If I'm to be Warlord...

[Marl] I don't know yet. Possibly. Are you prepared for that eventuality?

[Fredericia] Oh yes.

  • Fredericia says with a smile.

[Marl] Good. Well, we can discuss details soon - I see no reason to continue to interrupt your meal.

[Marl] Good evening.

  • Marl will depart.
  • Fredericia turns to you, grinning.

[Dominik] Congratulations Warlord. It will be a pleasure to serve under you.

  • Fredericia laughs.

[Fredericia] Do you want a new title? Because I could probably give you one :)

[Dominik] Hmm... I'll have to think on that for a bit

  • Dominik smiles

[Fredericia] Don't think too long. The title of Lord High Fucktoy is going fast.

  • Fredericia teases.

[Dominik] I didn't realize I had rivals that I had to deal with.

[Dominik] Some past garbage yes, but nothing so recent.

[Fredericia] Well, now I'm going to be rich and powerful... well, richer and powerfuler... you might ;)

[Fredericia] But really... I will need generals. You might do well at that.

  • Fredericia says more seriously.

[Dominik] I suspected as much... and I was being serious about serving you in that capacity... even though I do like to feel closer to the fight.

[Fredericia] If he's right, then you might be closer soon enough.

[Dominik] The Black Rademacher, taking up arms against his own cousins and uncles...

  • Dominik muses

[Fredericia] Yes, well... family is family I suppose. But treason is also treason.

[Dominik] I'm sure they would expect nothing less of me.

  • Fredericia grins.

[Fredericia] I'm not hungry anymore.

[Dominik] Myself neither

[Dominik] What will do since dinner has ended so suddenly?

[Fredericia] I sort of feel like fighting something.

[Fredericia] But possibly I could be convinced to do something less violent.

[Dominik] Ah, but the eagerness to swing a sword should never be abated... we could throw on some armor and you could see if you could bruse me before I tire you.

  • Dominik teases

[Fredericia] Yes. Let's go.

  • Fredericia says eagerly.
  • Fredericia will proceed to attempt to beat the crap out of you, for fun :)

[Dominik] Should we make a wager then... winner gets to decide what we do afterward? anything they want?

[Fredericia] All right :)

  • Dominik smiles deviously

[Dominik] Then lets at it!

[DiablotinNarrator] (let's ... roll a d20 and add your respective level to see who wins ;)

  • Fredericia seems quite pleased with her victory.
  • Fredericia isn't too tired to exact the terms of her victory, fortunately.


Ilphere and Sanadhil

  • Ilphere is eager to meet with Sanadhil after reading the materials he shared with her...!!
  • Sanadhil will invite Ilphere over to his house @_@
  • Ilphere gladly accepts.
  • Ilphere teleports over as she is too impatient to sit through a carriage ride.
  • Ilphere then knocks on the door.
  • Sanadhil answers.

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon - that was quite prompt :)

[Ilphere] Good afternoon... I couldn't wait for the coachmen and grooms to ready a carriage...!

[Ilphere] This is too ... massive...!

[Sanadhil] well - I quite understand! please come in

[Sanadhil] yes.

  • Ilphere steps inside.

[Ilphere] He knew...! He must have...!

[Sanadhil] yes, he must have

[Sanadhil] well

[Sanadhil] he at least much have figured it out quite quickly

[Ilphere] I suspected, when I first heard of the thesis, but having read it...

[Ilphere] Indeed...

[Sanadhil] it is...entirely possible, however, that he coudl have engineered it, if he was ever able to track down the necklace, or realize it was not part of the treasury...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] yes

[Ilphere] But why...? What is he playing at?

[Sanadhil] that I have no idea

[Sanadhil] really.... there is enough that we still don't know

[Sanadhil] I do find it interesting that it was so difficult to find his thesis.... *and* that D'Angremond's notes were missing

[Ilphere] Has anyone else seen this...? Phedre...?

[Ilphere] Yes, most suspicious.

[Sanadhil] I haven't shown anyone

[Sanadhil] other than yourself...

  • Ilphere nods...

[Ilphere] Who ... whose counsel could we trust?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure.

[Sanadhil] I....

[Ilphere] In this, perhaps... Alma...?

[Sanadhil] You have heard about Mlle Chanuier, yes?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] Heard what? What is it now...?

[Sanadhil] I was thinking of the Countess, yes

[Sanadhil] That she is ...involved with the Emperor? or , yes, of course, we discussed this, nevermind.

[Ilphere] Yes... and whether she is truly his mistress, or playing some game, she may be in great danger... :(

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Should we warn her?

[Sanadhil] I admit, when I originally heard the stories I feared she may have been enchanted.....

[Ilphere] Yes...

[Sanadhil] we shoudl be able to tell if that is the case...

[Ilphere] although her actions of late confuse and somewhat dismay me...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] I would be heartsore if she were to come to harm... :(

[Sanadhil] She has become much more expert in dissembling, also

[Sanadhil] perhaps we should cousel *all* the rest.

[Sanadhil] It seems prudent

[Ilphere] Yes, you may be right...

[Ilphere] I will speak to Ysabeau as soon as I can, though...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I will speak to the countess... I can see if we can't discretely distribute the notes I have taken on that section of his thesis among the group, as well

[Sanadhil] starting with her @_@

  • Ilphere nods.

[Sanadhil] there was something else I wanted top ask you...

[Ilphere] Oh...?

[Sanadhil] I want to speak to the Lord Marshall about his daughter

[Sanadhil] Even since the Countess's wedding, I've been thinking he must know something more, to explain his protectiveness of her....

  • Ilphere nods...

[Sanadhil] but it may require revealing what was in Theonee's journal

[Sanadhil] is that acceptable?

[Ilphere] I think at this late juncture, yes...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] I would be most interested to know how that turns out...

[Sanadhil] alright, then, I will certainly tell you if I am able... I admit the man makes me somewhat nervous.

[Ilphere] You know, I have some... personal business to attend to with Maze Olivier; perhaps I could attempt to see if he does know something. Although I doubt he will be forthcoming.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] perhaps he knows something about what is going on with Mlle Chanuier as well, though he may be even less inclined to reveal that

[Ilphere] Indeed...

[Sanadhil] if he does have anything to say, of course I would be ost curious to hear it as well!

[Sanadhil] may I enquire about the personal business?

[Ilphere] I found some ... items in my grandmother's personal effects which suggest that there may be some connection between him and my family.

[Sanadhil] ahh, I see

[Ilphere] She lost two children when they were quite young...

[Ilphere] But upon some closer inspection it seems they were not lost so much as ... misplaced. Taken.

  • Ilphere sighs.

[Sanadhil] taken?

[Ilphere] I know not why, save that it involved Nouel Izzaguirre.

[Ilphere] He may have been their sire.

[Sanadhil] didn't he have smoething to do wth the necklace?

[Sanadhil] ahh

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Ilphere] Indeed he did...

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Ilphere] The names of Cordovera's children were Jessamine and Jeremaez.

[Sanadhil] ahhh, I see

[Sanadhil] its strange how everything seems connected somehow,..... you plan to tell him?

[Ilphere] I cannot believe that he does not know...

[Ilphere] If he is truly a master of secrets.

[Ilphere] But if he does not, then yes.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil looks thoughtful

[Sanadhil] I would be grateful for the confirmation... or corroboration, I suppose, even if I have other sources.

[Sanadhil] And if I didn't.... I would want to know. I know it isn't meaningful to everyont, though.

[Ilphere] Well... we will see how it goes.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Good luck.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Ilphere] Thank you...

  • Ilphere returns the smile.

[Sanadhil] I suppose it is noce to have something a littl less overwhelming on your plate :p

[Ilphere] That is so...!


Sanadhil and Butler

[DiablotinNarrator] Sanadhil, how do you want to approach Butler?

[Sanadhil] Ummmm :3

[Sanadhil] Sneakily :3

[DiablotinNarrator] Well, you could either do it in the context of a cult meeting, or try to arrange to speak with him elsewhere, or just approach him spontaneously at his house or something.

[Sanadhil] I want to try and arrange a meeting elsewhwere, for sure

[Sanadhil] I can get kell to send him messages to arrange it, I suppose ^-^

[DiablotinNarrator] Sure. Arrange a meeting at a tavern or something?

[Sanadhil] perfect

[DiablotinNarrator] Go to the Dreaming Demon, it's close ;)

  • Sanadhil can disguise himself for coming and going, at least :V

[Sanadhil] if it seems secure, sure :p

[DiablotinNarrator] It has some private rooms upstairs, as well as reasonably quiet booths downstairs.

[Sanadhil] private room for sure

[Sanadhil] brb

  • Butler will meet you at the appointed time, then. He looks moderately put out, but then, he kind of always looks like that.
  • Sanadhil will have cast glibness for sure @_@

[Sanadhil] (and heroism)

[Sanadhil] Thank you for coming... I realize it may seem a bit of a strange request

  • Butler takes off his cloak, which was all he wore in the way of disguise.

[Butler] Just a little. What's this about?

[Sanadhil] Well... it is about the matters of our circle of acquaintances, shall we say, and your child.

  • Butler looks puzzled.

[Butler] What about her? she doesn't have anything to do with that.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I admit i had developed a possibly misplaced suspicion after speaking with the both of you at Countes Alma's wedding that you may have thought her to be The One.

  • Sanadhil SMs D:
  • Butler frowns.

[DiablotinNarrator] (what's your roll?)

[Sanadhil] (38)

  • Butler looks uncertain.

[Butler] I... she might be. I've taken precautions to ensure that she's not.

  • Butler admits.

[Sanadhil] I agree - I'm quite certain it isn't your daughter. But why did you think it might be her?

[Butler] Why should I tell you?

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Butler] If she's not, then everything I did was worth it, and it doesn't matter anymore.

[Sanadhil] Everything you did?

[Butler] To her... keeping her safe.

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] Well.

[Sanadhil] I was trying to figure out what drew you to your involvement with Phedre

[Sanadhil] Where it was honest interest, a desire to try and protect your daughter, or ....something else.

[Butler] What sort of something else?

  • Butler says defensively.

[Sanadhil] but if you ever thought she ws the one, it means that you have to have known that *before* the rituals

[Sanadhil] Some greater connection, with the Serpent, or some other power using the Arch.

[Butler] I never had the dreams. Not the way ... some do.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] but something else?

[Butler] I think my father... what he was... maybe that shelters me from it.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] that is possible.

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] but why did you join, then?

[Sanadhil] what do you want?

[Butler] ...I want an end to the gods. The gods who demand impossible things of mortals and expect them to jump when they say jump, and promise things they don't deliver, and tear people apart...

[Sanadhil] (is he being honest as far as I can tell?)

  • Butler is, you believe.

[Sanadhil] I can understand that.

[Sanadhil] :|

  • Sanadhil wonders if anyone elever told him about his mother D:

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Sanadhil] I... know some things, that may be of interest to you, though I can promise you won't like to hear them.

[Butler] There isn't much I like to hear these days. Go ahead, if you want.

[Sanadhil] ...Alright

[Sanadhil] There are two things..... one if about your mother, and the second concerns yourself andf Theonee Deverara

[Butler] ...

[Butler] I'm listening.

  • Sanadhil waits for some kind of signal that Bulter hasn't changed his mind

[Sanadhil] Then... your mother first

[Sanadhil] The reason she hasn't returned, as she was supposed to.

[Sanadhil] Part of her spirit is trapped in the Arch.

[Butler] I know.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Alright.

[Butler] They're keeping her there in reserve.

[Sanadhil] in reserve?

[Sanadhil] I suppose, that is one way to look at it.

[Butler] As if she was a ... a weapon, not a human being's soul.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] how long have you known?

[Butler] I've long suspected... I just had a feeling, I guess. But my aunt confirmed it a few months ago.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] alright

[Butler] It doesn't surprise me. Nothing horrible they do surprises me anymore.

[Sanadhil] That's...understandable.

  • Sanadhil kind of wants to derail and ask why he because a spokeman :3

[Sanadhil] ...and they still show you favour?

[Butler] No.

[Butler] My powers are gone... I don't know what finally pushed them over the edge, but they did eventually take them.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] but you maintain your position - does anyone suspect?

[Butler] No... I've worked hard to keep it quiet, obviously. And there's rarely a reason I would need to use them most days.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Butler] But I intend to retire soon. I'm tired of the charade.

[Sanadhil] Well... on to the other matter then.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I have an associate who was asked to retrieve a book from the imperial library by the Hush

  • Butler listens, trying to figure out where this is going.

[Sanadhil] it turned out to be a diary, written by the Althea Deverara.

[Sanadhil] it revealed that her daughter had chad a child...in Greywatch...

[Butler] ...

  • Sanadhil watches to see if he makes the connection

[Butler] When?

  • Sanadhil tells him the date

[Butler] ........

[Sanadhil] -_-

[Butler] It couldn't be...

[Sanadhil] I am afraid so.

[Butler] She wouldn't... why wouldn't she tell me, if it was true?

[Sanadhil] though the diary has ben destroyed, and there's nothig else I can tell you.

[Sanadhil] I can't say. Presumably you were about to be married, at the time.

[Butler] The child... it lived?

[Sanadhil] The diary implies that pains were taked to conceal it, but Althea seems to have thought so.

  • Butler sits down heavily on the bed.

[Butler] It can't be...

[Butler] Was it a boy or a girl?

[Sanadhil] A girl, I think.

  • Butler looks in shock, more or less.
  • Sanadhil will gve him a minute to process

[Butler] So... there's another child... and it might not be Marrith... and everything I did to her might have been for... nothing.

[Sanadhil] ...Would you like somethig to drink?

[Butler] Yes.

  • Sanadhil will pour him soe whiskey because he thought it might be necessary :3
  • Butler takes it without really looking at it.
  • Sanadhil pours him a big drink :p

[Sanadhil] but you *did* know something, before?

  • Butler nods.

[Sanadhil] what was it?

[Butler] "Your child and the child of another who passed through the Arch will give you a grandchild on the 5th of Second-month in your 52nd year. And the birth of that child will herald the death of your faith and the rebirth of another, the death of your love and the rebirth of another, the death of your child and the rebirth of another."

  • Butler recites blankly.

[Sanadhil] ...what is that from?

  • Butler takes a drink.

[Butler] Legend Lore. By the gods, I hate that spell.

[Sanadhil] Understandably.

[Sanadhil] -_-

[Sanadhil] On who was it cast?

[Butler] On me.

[Sanadhil] on yourself?

[Sanadhil] ahh, yes

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Butler] So I had to keep Marrith away from Kalman. I .. I thought I had to anyway. Until next year, when it'll be all right... if they still want to ...

[Butler] She's going to hate me -_-

[Sanadhil] She might understand...

[Sanadhil] she might understand better than if you'd done it for no reason at all -_-

[Butler] I should have known better.

[Butler] I should have know that those bastards would have it the way they want, no matter what I tried to do.

[Sanadhil] Do you hate the Serpent as well?

  • Sanadhil asks mainly out of curiousity

[Butler] I don't know. I don't know what it wants, or what it would do if it came back to power.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Butler] I don't think it could be worse.

[Sanadhil] No....

[Sanadhil] This is why my people foreswore the Gods.

[Butler] Smart.

[Butler] I don't suppose they welcome immigrants, though.

[Sanadhil] ...No.

[Sanadhil] :/

[Butler] ... I need to talk to Theonee.

[Butler] Maybe she understands. She always was more... in touch with that sort of thing.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Will you tell Phedre?

[Butler] Not yet.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Butler] Not until I've talked to Theonee, at least, and ... see what she has to say.

[Sanadhil] Princess Ilphere knows, as well... I've been leaving the matter of telling Phedre to her.

[Butler] -_-

[Sanadhil] But.... for now, I'd rather you not tell anyone you heard it from me.

[Sanadhil] She was the one who deciphered the diary

  • Sanadhil says, somewhat apologetically

[Butler] ...wait, the Hush wanted this book?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Butler] Why on earth would they...

[Butler] ...

[Sanadhil] I'm not certain

[Sanadhil] if the child was born in greywatch, the certainly coudl have known about it

[Sanadhil] but as to why they thought it was important to conceal *now*, I can't say

  • Butler finishes his drink.
  • Sanadhil pushes him over the bottle :p

[Butler] I... appreciate you telling me this. Since no one else would.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I felt it was.... important.

  • Butler nods without really looking at you.

[Butler] I have to go now.

  • Sanadhil nods as well.

[Sanadhil] Take care.

  • Butler stands and leaves, looking kind of dazed.
  • Sanadhil will wait awhile before leaving himself :p


Ilphere and Maze

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere, you wished to go and speak with Maze Olivier... are you going to his home, or going to send a message for him to meet you somewhere else?

[Ilphere] Hmmm... I could go to his house I guess?

[Ilphere] he mght be more likely to talk to me there

[DiablotinNarrator] sure

[Ilphere] (Do I have to make an appointment?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, probably pulling up in an imperial carriage is enough of an appointment :)

[Ilphere] (Or can I just say I'm the Princess and I'm coming to talk to you)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yep)

[Ilphere] (okie dokie then :V)

  • Ilphere pulls up to M. Olivier's home.
  • Maze will graciously welcome you in, your highness.

[Ilphere] It is good of you to receive me, ser...

[Maze] Of course, Princess. How can I be of service?

  • Ilphere scans his face, looking for some resemblance to the boy in her drawing, or to her grandmother...

[DiablotinNarrator] (possibly yes to the boy in the drawing, at least...)

[Ilphere] Is there somewhere we might speak privately?

[Maze] Certainly.

  • Maze will escort you into a drawing room.
  • Maze shuts the door.

[Ilphere] I am told you are a great keeper of secrets...

  • Ilphere begins once settled.

[Maze] I can be.

[Ilphere] It seems my family has some as well...

  • Maze listens.

[Ilphere] I had hoped perhaps you could shed some light on one.

[Maze] I can try...

[Ilphere] My grand-mere recently passed on; you may have heard...

[Maze] I did - my condolences.

[Ilphere] (Sm, is there any reaction?)

  • Maze seems sympathetic for your loss, but not otherwise affected.

[Ilphere] (I suspect 27 is not enough to beat his bluff anyway)

[Ilphere] I found this among her effects.

  • Ilphere withdraws the old picture.
  • Maze looks at it.

[Ilphere] Do you... do you know who these children are?

  • Ilphere watches him.

[Maze] It's a charming portrait. I assume they are relatives of yours?

[Ilphere] (do I need to roll sm again or am I still going on that first poo roll?)

  • Maze turns it over and sees the names on the back.

[DiablotinNarrator] (first roll)

[Ilphere] (ok)

[Ilphere] Indeed they are...

[Maze] ... It's lovely.

[Ilphere] Jacobin was my father's father. The other two...

[Maze] My sister and myself.

[Ilphere] So you did know...

  • Maze says quietly.

[Maze] Not for many years.

[Ilphere] When did you discover the truth...?

[Maze] I suspect much the same way you did.

[Maze] I found notes when I was going through his things after he died.

  • Maze seems to assume you know who 'he' is.

[Ilphere] She spoke of you on her deathbed... She was confused, she thought it was another time.

[Ilphere] She was begging my grandfather not to take you away.

  • Maze nods.

[Maze] I'm sorry ...

[Maze] If I had known I might have... spoken to her, to let her know I was alive and well.

[Maze] I thought it was her own decision to send us away.

[Ilphere] What happened?

[Maze] I'm not entirely certain. She had an affair, I know that much. And at some point the affair ended, and .. my father wanted his children. I think there would have been some considerable scandal, so they tried to keep it quiet by sending us away.

[Ilphere] Do you remember her at all...?

[Maze] I don't know how much her husband was involved. Maybe more than I thought, apparently.

  • Maze smiles slightly.

[Maze] I have a memory from when I was very small. A woman in a garden, with roses all around. But I don't know if it was her or not. It could have been a nurse, for all I know.

[Maze] Jess remembers a little more, I think.

[Ilphere] (does that sound like anywhere i know?)

[Maze] (well, there is a garden at your family's house.. it was all overgrown when you lived there, but it did have roses)

[Ilphere] That could have been the garden at my father's house...

[Maze] I'd like to see that.

  • Maze says with a smile.

[Ilphere] It's somewhat overgrown now... but I would be happy to show you some time.

[Maze] Thank you, your highness.

[Maze] I should have more time soon enough.

[Ilphere] Oh...?

[Maze] Maybe I can make gardening a retirement project.

[Ilphere] You are leaving the Emperor's service...?

[Maze] I'm leaving this post, at any rate. I'll always be at the Emeperor's service, should he need me.

[Ilphere] That reminds me...

[Ilphere] My friend, Ysabeau Chanuier... you know her, do you not?

[Maze] Yes, indeed.

[Ilphere] Is it true that you sent her to play at spies with Marl...?

[Maze] Oh no... that's all her own initiative, I believe.

[Ilphere] So that is what she is doing, hmm...

[Maze] She's quite industrious.

[Ilphere] She is in terrible danger...

[Maze] From what source?

[Ilphere] The Emperor...

[Ilphere] He is a monster...

  • Maze seems surprised to hear this.

[Maze] Do you wish me to let her know?

[Ilphere] I had told her as much before...

[Ilphere] But now there is more...

[Ilphere] He knew, he knew that the necklace held Kavreshar bound.

[Maze] Well, maybe hearing it from a different source would be ...

[Maze] Hm.

[Maze] I'll speak with her. Thank you, your highness.

[Ilphere] I hope you have more luck with her than I did, then.

  • Maze nods.


Ysabeau and Alma

  • Ysabeau climbs into the carriage; the pregnancy's starting to show but she isn't super awkward yet.

[Ysabeau] Good morning, Sister.

  • Alma has arranged for us to meet with the Duke of Corcyra, and has offered to drive you.

[Alma] Good morning, Ysabeau :)

[Alma] You're looking well.

  • Ysabeau settles herself down on the bench across from you and folds her hands in her lap.

[Ysabeau] Thank you. :)

[Alma] It won't be too long before you need help getting in and out of these things :)

[Ysabeau] I'm about halfway there! I can feel the baby moving, but Martan can't yet.

[Alma] That's always the exciting point isn't it? When you know *for sure* it's not just overeating.

[Alma] :)

[Ysabeau] It's such a strange feeling, feeling something moving inside. But it makes it all so real!

  • Ysabeau agrees.
  • Ysabeau is very happy and excited about it, plainly. ^-^

[Alma] Murienne ought to take a look at some of your pregnancy literature. It can only help when it comes time for such things in her healing classes.

[Ysabeau] It's not like I'm locking what the midwife gave me up. ;)

[Alma] Also, I always found some of the more technical ones were quite useful at discouraging me from making uh... mistakes.

[Ysabeau] She can read it if she wants.

[Alma] Well maybe I'll have to nag her for you then :)

[Alma] "Your sister is too nice, get to reading."

[Alma] She's doing well, yes?

[Ysabeau] Murienne is very sensible, Sister - she's not likely to make mistakes after seeing what I have gone through.

[Ysabeau] She is very well, yes.

[Alma] That's good.

[Alma] Anything else new and exciting, or should I just get into what I learned?

[Ysabeau] Nothing worth mentioning, no. Do go on, Sister.

[Alma] Well, I learned a few more things about Moncaire. It seems that he was either never a real person, or was replaced by the babau before he acquired the items, possibly before he became Ms. Hartzell's assistant.

[Ysabeau] Huh

  • Alma will relay what she's learned about them from researching them specifically:

[Alma] ("they are normally used as assassins, being able to polymorph themselves to look human and having some skills that are beneficial in combat - they can fly, teleport, weaken people with a gaze attack, wrack targets with pain, and are coated with a 'protective slime' (mmm) that makes them harder to attack with weapons.")

[Alma] I'm hoping that I'll be able to borrow the cloak to attempt further scrying with the benefits of its anonymity.

[Ysabeau] Lovely.

[Alma] Yes. If there was ever really a doubt about demons, they're certainly repulsive creatures on the whole.

[Ysabeau] Do you suppose he assassinated our former chief sorceress?

[Ysabeau] And if so, to what end?

[Ysabeau] Did she know something she shouldn't have?

[Ysabeau] Did she tell anyone else about it - are their lives in danger?

[Ysabeau] Is the new chief sorceror safe?

[Alma] I do indeed. The office of the Chief Sorceror is in part responsible for dealing with the issue of Kavreshar, and it's likely the babau is the one that Earric told Sanadhil is working directly with Kavreshar.

[Alma] I do not think he's safe in the slightest, but he's at least aware of his danger. Someone was already spreading rumours that he's out to assassinate the Emperor, and now I've confirmed for him that Moncaire was a demon.

[Ysabeau] Someone was trying to spread rumours that the chief sorceror wants to kill Marl?

[Alma] Yes indeed.

[Alma] Which sounds very much like the babau is continuing its work elsewhere, or perhaps that Kavreshar itself is propagating this dischord.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Ysabeau] I wonder how much the Emperor knows.

[Alma] It's a good question, but ... well considering I suspected he might have been replaced by the demon masquerading as Moncaire, I took the liberty of touching the Duke of Brissarthe's sleeve.

[Alma] He seems to be a good man... and a man, not a demon. So unless I am to be overtaken completely be paranoia, I must assume he has passed this information on to the Emperor as is his duty.

[Ysabeau] Oh so you visited with him? That's good. :)

[Alma] Yes, I spoke with him at the wedding... I could not resist completely the opportunity to speak with people such as he and the Lady Chancellor.

[Ysabeau] How is she?

[Alma] Oh, I was sure we spoke of this just after I returned to the city...

[Alma] Yes, I wanted to mention how ... distant she was, in case he should chose to speak with her and ... find that unsettling or disappointing.

[Ysabeau] Oh...

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure that he wants to, anyway.

[Ysabeau] Although I've sort of been thinking about it.

[Ysabeau] But I don't know if I want to, either.

[Alma] Well, it may bring him closure, as long as he's not expecting... warmth? Which I expect is some part of what he desires. Don't we all?

[Alma] Perhaps that is something better given by the Lord Marshall, in time.

[Alma] ... of course I am not familiar with the Lady Chancellor, it is merely my impression from one short meeting.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I don't know either of them so you have an advantage over me. ;)

[Alma] The Lord Marshall seems like a lovely, if perhaps stiff man ;)

[Alma] Oh, I forgot to return the comb...

  • Alma pulls that from her things and hands it to you.

[Alma] I hope it looks the same as when you gave it to me, but I imagine it should be easily changed :)

[Ysabeau] It's fine. Thank you. I hope it was useful?

[Alma] Well, it seems you were somewhat prescient, Ysabeau @_@

[Ysabeau] I was?

  • Alma will tell you everything that happened, including how completely nervous she was, and how foolish she felt, sneaking around like a spy.

[Alma] ... and who came out of the house but the Duke of Friaul!

[Alma] He was talking with Livianne, who I eventually recognised from Andusk.

[Alma] I confirmed the Duke's address and rode by, by carriage, in order to confirm it is indeed his house.

[Ysabeau] I can't say I'm surprised, honestly.

[Alma] Well the question is, then, what does Thea want from Leonien Kizer?

[Ysabeau] I would be curious to know what they plan, though -

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Thea or her invisible friend.

[Ysabeau] I wonder if Marl ever visits his grandfather?

[Alma] I assume he does at some point. After all he came to my wedding :)

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Maybe it would be easier to harm him at his grandfather than at the palace, who knows?

[Alma] Yes, possibly.

[Ysabeau] Hopefully it's not Marl trying to off his grandfather like Marel was.

[Alma] While Thea is not particularly evil spirited, she does seem to be quite erratic. I imagine she's completely unpredictable. If Phelix is the invisible one, or if Phelix is Kavreshar, I imagine she could be convinced to do anything.

[Ysabeau] That's just too disturbing to think on it, really.

[Ysabeau] I suppose so, Sister, especially if she thinks she loves him.

[Ysabeau] Do you suppose the baby is his?

[Alma] Oh I do not at all think it's anything involving Marl's will. I think she quite hates nobles. I got the impression from watching her that she's waiting for something to "wipe the slate clean", possibly some sort of revolt, or in the case of Kavreshar, worse.

[Alma] I think the question for us to decide is whether we go directly to the Duke of Friaul and warn him, or whether we should try to determine first what her plan is. I don't think it's likely, if Leonien is anything like his dream counterpart I imagine he's crafty and not particularly forthcoming. We might not know if Thea wants something he has for Kavreshar.

[Ysabeau] :/

[Ysabeau] I wish I were better at this stuff.

[Alma] So do I.

  • Alma shakes her head.

[Alma] It's so... huge.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Ysabeau will be pensive for the rest of the ride to Guillame's house.


Alma, Ysabeau and Guillame

  • Alma arrives with Ysabeau by carriage at the appointed time.
  • Ysabeau steps out gracefully.
  • Alma will walk with Ysabeau to the door and knock, or whatever us rich nobles do.

[Alma] (* Alma nobles at the door until a servant opens it.)

[Ysabeau] (bellpull? ;) )

  • Guillame will receive his guests in the study he now endlessly inhabits

[Alma] Good afternoon, Your Grace :)

[Ysabeau] Good afternoon, Your Grace!

  • Ysabeau curtseys.

[Guillame] Good afternoon

[Alma] How have you been?

  • Guillame directs the greeting generally, pauses, and then bows to Alma

[Guillame] Your excellency.

[Guillame] I've been... busy, I suppose.

  • Alma has been appropriately deferent to you since you became a Duke.

[Alma] Yes, I imagine that would be the case. I hope you've been well aside.

[Guillame] Yes, well enough, I suppose.

[Alma] Glad to hear.

[Alma] I've been busy since we met last, and we thought we should consult with you on the matter of Thea Vermillion.

  • Alma will describe what she learned via the scrying.
  • Ysabeau listens in to what the two nobs have to say to one another.

[Alma] I decided it was best to determine immediately in whose home she was working, and so I teleported there...

  • Guillame listens
  • Alma describes that adventure in a slightly less embarassing manner than she was willing to tell Ysabeau.
  • Ysabeau keeps a very straight face, no hint that she knows anything other than what you're telling him.

[Alma] I drove by in carriage to determine that it was indeed the home of Leonien Kizer.

[Guillame] [perplexedly] Leonien Kizer's house...

[Alma] Yes... Ysabeau actually predicted it might be him, oddly enough.

[Alma] The question is, what does she want?

[Ysabeau] It isn't that difficult. He's the Emperor's grandfather.

[Ysabeau] You want to stir up trouble? Mess with the Imperial family.

[Ysabeau] The Kizers were a pretty obvious target, I should think.

[Alma] I took her conversation to mean that she is waiting to put something into action, whether it's to steal something or bring harm to the household, I don't know.

[Alma] And at the end... when she spoke of everything being "washed away"... well I found that quite ominous.

[Guillame] Yes...

[Alma] So the question is... what do we do?

[Ysabeau] There was a flood in the dream, wasn't there?

[Alma] Yes, there was...

[Ysabeau] Flood or fire, neither is something I'm looking forward to.

[Alma] If the invisible entity is Phelix, or Kavreshar in masquerade... then we really ought to learn what Thea wants from the Duke of Friaul.

  • Guillame nods, looking concerned

[Alma] As well, we must warn the household soon.

[Ysabeau] You know, I was thinking on the carriage ride...

  • Alma turns to Ysabeau

[Ysabeau] M. Argo works for the Kizers, doesn't he?

[Alma] Oh... why yes he does. He might be the perfect person to carry the warning.

[Ysabeau] Maybe we should bring him in. But then he also works for Nash, and I have reason to believe she is not to be trusted.

[Ysabeau] So we'll have to think about this carefully.

[Ysabeau] The other advantage with M. Argo is he could spy on Thea with greater ease than we could.

[Guillame] For that matter, is it prudent to assume that there are no Kizers plotting against the Duke?

[Guillame] It's less likely, but I don't feel comfortable ruling them out.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Guillame shakes his head.

[Alma] My concern is that if we do not investigate the matter personally, the Duke may deal with Thea, and we may not be able to determine what her goals were. I imagine he'll have no reason to confide in us if he knows what he goals might be.

[Ysabeau] true

[Guillame] Any suggestions of how to proceed?

[Alma] I think that within a matter of days, we should attempt to spy on Thea and determine who she lives with, and what she wants from the Kizers.

[Alma] The question is whether we can find out what she wants when she's not within the household.

[Ysabeau] How good are you at sneaking, M. Rionet?

[Ysabeau] I'm not. but I could cast sphere of invisibility on you, or on something you carry.

[Guillame] I'm reasonably competent...

[Ysabeau] Sister had originally thought we all could go... but I think we'd make too much noise.

[Alma] Well, I can cast Silence, and dispel it should we need to use magic.

[Alma] Unless the house has protections against teleportation, I can get us inside... and then we can attempt to read Thea's thoughts...

[Alma] But there's a lot of complications ...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Guillame] There certainly are

[Ysabeau] One being if we get caught and they find out it's me.

[Alma] You?

[Ysabeau] It wouldn't look very good politically, I'm afraid.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Why is that?

[Ysabeau] It hasn't been officially announced yet, so please keep it quiet.

  • Alma looks perplexed.

[Ysabeau] [q] Lord Grey will be retiring, and Martan will be taking his place. Marl's orders.

[Alma] :o

[Alma] Well... if it isn't public yet, he can't be accused of having spied on Leonien Kizer via you, when you're accompanied by His Grace and myself.

[Guillame] Well, we all have reasons not to be caught, so we'd best not get caught.

[Ysabeau] I don't think it matters when it happens. Leonien Kizer will know, and it might bring Martan's loyalty into question.

[Ysabeau] Something which I have reason to be really quite anxious about.

[Ysabeau] So... I can help out by casting spells on you, but without knowing what sorts of protections Leonien Kizer might have in place - and if he is anything like his counterpart in the dream, he may have many - I think it would be wiser for me not to actually accompany you. I'm sorry.

  • Ysabeau does look unhappy about this.

[Alma] Well, we may chose instead to follow her outside the Kizer residence. She may think of what she wants on her way to or f rom...

[Ysabeau] That, I would be more comfortable with.

[Guillame] We could do one, then the other if necessary.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Guillame] It is more likely that she would think about her mission on the way to his house, I would imagine?

[Ysabeau] Quite possibly, Your Grace.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Alma] Yes, possibly. We could try to spy on the house, and then follow her surreptitiously somehow.

[Guillame] Rather than about town, or upon return?

[Guillame] I suppose we don't know how to find her on the way to, so maybe on return is best.

[Ysabeau] Sister, don't you know where she lives?

[Alma] Yes, I could teleport us close to the location.

[Ysabeau] Do you know approximately what time she must report to work each day?

[Alma] No, I have only scried her the once. She reported to duty at [!] o'clock on that day.

[Ysabeau] Well, your own servants, you two - do their shifts vary or are they required to report for duty the same time every day?

[Alma] I don't have as complex a household as I imagine the Duke does. He may have varying needs by varying days. Presumably she reports at the same time.

[Alma] We could arrive somewhat early at least.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Guillame] Their shifts are regular, excepting when something comes up - but some of them have shifts that vary by weekday.

[Alma] Yes, say if someone visits His Grace on a particular day.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] To eliminate some of the uncertainties, perhaps - we scryed her on the 24th.

[Ysabeau] That was a Fifth-day.

[Ysabeau] Why don't we try the next Fifth-day?

[Ysabeau] (That would be like in a day or two, probably, in game?)

  • Guillame nods

[Alma] Do we think it's safe enough to wait that long, with her within the Kizer household?

[Guillame] I couldn't hope to say.

[Alma] Well, I could teleport there to determine where it is, and then watch her routine?

[Guillame] And then we could meet you at the Kizer residence?

[Alma] Hmm... well I trust Ysabeau's ability to read her thoughts better than my own, I admit... so if I determine where it is, and study both locations, I could teleport us with greater ease.

[Guillame] Ah, I see.

[Alma] If you are both waiting at my home, I could return there when she leaves, and immediately teleport us back in order to follow her.

[Alma] Or here, for that matter.

[Alma] No, my home would be best... now that I think about it.

[Ysabeau] I can make my way over to your house, Sister.

[Alma] I can return there several times a day.

[Alma] Shall I study the location tomorrow, and then we can plan for the next day?

[Alma] Or for that matter, I could study the location today.

  • Alma plans out loud.
  • Guillame waits for the Sister to decide

[Alma] What do you suggest Your Grace?

  • Alma inadvertantly does not decide :P
  • Ysabeau twiddles her thumbs, waiting for the nobs to decide.

[Guillame] Well, if time is of the essence, then most probably you should begin your reconnaissance today; I am available for the rest of the day, although I do have this paperwork.

  • Guillame gestures at his desk.
  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Very well, I'll teleport nearby and study the area so that I can return without mishap.

[Guillame] Mmle Chanuier is welcome to make herself at home, of course

[Ysabeau] ...

  • Guillame nods to Ysabeau

[Ysabeau] Um, thank you. Is Silvia about?

[Guillame] Yes, I believe so...?

[Ysabeau] Perhaps I could go visit with her so I don't distract you from your paperwork.

[Alma] Well, I can investigate the location after our meeting, will arrange for you two to arrive at my home tomorrow.

  • Alma says, implying she's not going to run off and do that while Ysabeau and Guillame are waiting.

[Guillame] I was suggesting that we wait in case something of import came up... but I suppose that in that case, you will be able to retrieve us.

[Alma] Yes, teleporting here from that location would not allow me to teleport us back to follow her... it's a complication of the nature of priestly magic.

[DiablotinNarrator] The group of you who are gathered at Guillame's house - what time of day were you there, jooc?

[Alma] (We said good afternoon)

[DiablotinNarrator] It is late afternoon by now. Normally Silvia would be home from school by now, but ... she isn't.

[Guillame] (I guess she wasn't home after all!)

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, normally she would be :)

[Alma] If I run into any sort of trouble I will just teleport home :)

[Guillame] (I said that she was in the solo, but Guillame's stretched a bit thin, so it's ok)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah... he might have thought she was, and just been assuming she was back)

  • Guillame sends a servant to the school to look for her when he realizes that she's late.

[DiablotinNarrator] A servant arrives with a note just as the servant you are dispatching is leaving.

  • Guillame reads it

[Alma] Is everything alright?

[DiablotinNarrator] The note indicates that your sister apparently departed without permission from school at the lunch hour, along with several other students.

[Guillame] It would seem not... apparently Silvia, among other students, decided to absent herself from school as long ago as lunchtime...

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] Does it say which students?

[Guillame] It seems remiss of the school to wait this long to inform me.

[Guillame] (does it?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it doesn't name the others, no)

  • Ysabeau is thinking of Murienne and Amiel.
  • Guillame sighs

[Guillame] Now where can she have gotten to?

[Ysabeau] And who did she go with?

[Alma] I can send her a message if you'd like?

  • Ysabeau looks anxious.

[Guillame] I don't know Ysabeau, sorry.

[Guillame] I never know in this sort of situation whether to chase her down or just wait until she's done...

[Guillame] Would you get a response, Sister?

[Alma] She could if she wished.

[Alma] Perhaps I could simply ask her to confirm what time she's expected home?

[Alma] And you can deal with things when she returns?

[Guillame] In that case, yes... yes, ask if any help is required and what time she's expected to return.

[Alma] Otherwise I could scry for her :)

[Alma] Certainly. I will just need a few minutes.

[Guillame] Let's see if she has a message first.

  • Alma nods :)

[Alma] I'll adjourn to the parlour so I can concentrate, if you don't mind, Your Grace.

[Guillame] Certainly - I'll have the staff send some refreshments.

[Alma] Thank you :)

  • Alma leaves to cast Sending. "Silvia, Your Grace, it's Sister Alma. Your brother would like to know if you need help with anything, and when you are plan to come home."

[DiablotinNarrator] "We're fine, I'm having an adventure with Muri, Amiel, Reed and Thorn! We're exploring in the sewers and... what's that noise? It sounds like... singing..."

[Alma] The SEWERS.

[Alma] (Does singing in the sewers mean anything to me?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (other that creepy as fuck?)

[Alma] Oh dear.

  • Alma will flag down the nearest servant.

[DiablotinNarrator] A servant can certainly be flagged down.

  • Ysabeau is quietly fretting in the room where Guillame is, then.

[Alma] Excuse me miss, but please fetch a portrait of the Duchess of Coindeliere, her used brush and another possession of hers, and bring them to the Duke of Corcyra's study.

[DiablotinNarrator] The servant will go off to do so.

[Alma] She's in the sewers with Murienne, Amiel, Reed and Thorn... !

[Alma] And she ... thought she heard singing.

  • Ysabeau jumps up, looking very pale.

[Ysabeau] Singing?

[Alma] Yes, singing.

[Ysabeau] She heard singing when we are at the Temple too.

[Alma] I took the liberty of asking a servant to bring things here to help me scry.

[Ysabeau] When we were reacting to Emkathon.

[Alma] I hope you don't mind Your Grace.

[Ysabeau] Reed and Thorn - the tosher children?

[Alma] Yes, I suppose that's why they all thought it was insufficiently stupid to avoid doing.

[Ysabeau] They may have been affected by that voided statue, or by witnessing the deaths of all the people closest to them.

[Guillame] Well, I'm sure that Silvia is perfectly adventurous enough to choose the sewers for herself... I did much the same when I was her age.

[Alma] They probably just thought they'd go on an adventure. Have Silvia and Murienne learned any spells?

[Alma] That's the sort of thing that'd prompt that... -_-

[Alma] .oO( Oh maybe it's a Rat thing? )

[Ysabeau] Only the most basic novice spells...

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Well I'll see if they're alright once those items come.

[Guillame] Silvia also

  • Ysabeau is getting worked up.

[Ysabeau] Murienne hated the sewers, why would she go into them?

[Alma] I can take us there immediately, if we must.

[Alma] Oh, dear.

[Ysabeau] She isn't strong enough to fight the things that might be down there.

[Alma] My armour is in the carriage, I should make sure Marielle is handy.

[Alma] But I'm sure this is nothing -_-

[Ysabeau] Amiel, maybe, he's almost ready to be ordained.

[DiablotinNarrator] The servant returns with a small portrait of Silvia, her hairbrush, and one of her books.

[Ysabeau] But even so...

  • Alma immediately casts Greater Scrying on Silvia.

[Guillame] Jonnti, please prepare my adventuring gear now.

[DiablotinNarrator] The servant will go to do so.

[Ysabeau] I didn't bring mine...

[Alma] We'll be fine, I'm sure.

  • Ysabeau will need to go home to get her armour and weapons. Her eyes well up.

[Guillame] You're welcome to borrow anything that you need, although we likely don't have any parallels to your magic items?

[Alma] (DC is 25 and she gets a -16)

[Alma] (and another -5 if she's "familiar" to me.)

[Alma] (But probably isn't?)

[Ysabeau] I don't have any that are useful for combat, anyway... my crossbow is well-made, but not magical.

[Ysabeau] If anything happens to Murienne... or any of them, oh gods.

  • Ysabeau will lapse into silence, praying to the gods to keep them safe.
  • Guillame directs Ysabeau after Jonnti to gather the supplies that she needs, if desired
  • Ysabeau will stumble after him.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can see Silvia and Muri in a dark chamber, huddled together, with other figures moving about at the edges of your vision. You do hear a strange singing/crooning sort of sound 'off-screen', and then a piercing shriek. Muri and Silvia both cover their ears, and slump to the ground as if unconscious.

[Alma] We're going, now!

[Alma] Meet me at the carriage!

  • Alma flies, metaphorically, to the carriage.!

[Alma] Never mind the armour. (As she changes her mind...)

[Ysabeau] (I am not sure if I can hear Alma since I'm off in some other part of the house with Jonnti?)

[Guillame] Ysabeau, no time!

  • Guillame calls after her.

[DiablotinNarrator] (you probably didn't have time to get too far)

  • Ysabeau runs back to you guys then
  • Alma will follow Guillame and reach out to touch the two of you, casting Greater Teleport!

[Guillame] . o O (I hope Silvia brought a knife...)

  • Ysabeau is caught between fear for Murienne and fear for her unborn child, since she has no armour or weapons to protect herself.

[DiablotinNarrator] You find yourselves in an underground chamber, presumably somewhere in the sewers. The children are clustered in a corner, with the boys trying to defend the girls, who both seem to be unconscious. There is some sort of ...thing that looks like a large stone scorpion menacing them. That seems to be what is making the eerie singing sound.

  • Ysabeau will pull herself together and cast Shout... stone scorpion = brittle maybe crystalline?
  • Reed has a large knife in his hand and is trying to fend off the thing.
  • Alma will immediately Dimension Door in front of the Scorpion

[DiablotinNarrator] (so order will be Alma, Scorpiothing, Guillame, and Ysa)

  • Alma casts Dimension Door so that she is immediately in front of the scorpion.

[DiablotinNarrator] OK. The scorpion will attack you, then.

  • Alma is oddly enough expecting that.

[DiablotinNarrator] (does a 20 hit?)

[Alma] (Yup.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (14 damage, and make a Fort save DC 18 please)

[Alma] (31 :D)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok - just the bite damage, then)

  • Alma seems to take that well, all things considered.

[DiablotinNarrator] The 'tail' was what bit you - it's not actually a stinger, but it ends in a lamprey-like mouth with creepy teeth.

[Alma] .oO( Oh how awful. )

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame's turn.

[Guillame] (Does it look like it has anatomy?)

[DiablotinNarrator] It looks like it's made of stone, or some stone-like substance, but yes, it has an anatomy

[Guillame] I will move to flank with Alma if possible, grabbing any stones that I pass.

[DiablotinNarrator] OK, you can flank with her.

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa?

  • Ysabeau will cast Shout, projecting her voice so it will miss everyone but the scorpithing if possible.

[Ysabeau] (DC 20)

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • Alma rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 13 ].

[Ysabeau] (fortitude partial or reflex negates)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it gets a 20)

[DiablotinNarrator] (reflex is only if it's an object)

[DiablotinNarrator] roll your damage, anyway

[DiablotinNarrator] (it's not crystalline, so 5d6)

[Ysabeau] (In ties the defender wins? So it won't be deaf or take full damage)

[Ysabeau] (18)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

[Ysabeau] (brittle also takes sonic damage)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it's made of 'flexible stone' I don't think it's brittle)

[Ysabeau] (ok)

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma's turn.

[Alma] (So Guillame is using a rock?)

[Guillame] (Some rocks, point blank shot was my plan)

  • Alma casts Harm on it.

[Alma] (AOO time :3)

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+10

  • Alma rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 16 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] (does a 16 hit?)

[Alma] (Yup)

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 2d6+5

  • Alma rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 2d6+5 ] getting [ 6 4 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 15 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] 15 damage, and another Fort save DC 18.

[Alma] (20)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

[Alma] (Now I need a concentration DC 25 to keep the spell?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes)

[Alma] (33!)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, you got it :)

[Alma] (DC 23 Will save on the Harm)

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+6

  • Alma rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 13 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] ok, roll damage

[DiablotinNarrator] oh right, Harm

[Alma] (No roll, it just takes 140 points :D)

[DiablotinNarrator] The creature collapses dead.

[Alma] Oh thank goodness.

  • Ysabeau runs to Silvia and Muri, triages them with a glance and will cast CMW as needed
  • Guillame dumps his rocks on it and walks over towards the kids
  • Alma will also see if there are any wounds.

[Guillame] Are you boys ok?

[Ysabeau] Muri? Silvia?

  • Guillame says, looking at Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] Silvia and Muri seem unharmed, apart from being unconscious. Reed and Amiel are each bleeding from a bite.

[DiablotinNarrator] (And looking pretty ill)

  • Alma will begin to treat them. "Where's Thorn?"
  • Alma casts Detect Poison

[DiablotinNarrator] (he's there, he's uninjured so I didn't mention him ;)

[Alma] (ok)

[Reed] Stonesinger...

[Alma] Hmm?

[Guillame] The creature, I assume?

[Reed] That thing. A stonesinger.

  • Alma checks everyone for poison.
  • Ysabeau will try to wake the girls since unconsciousness is worse than bleeding
  • Reed has been poisoned, Amiel seems ok apart from the damage of the bite.
  • Alma will Neutralize Poison and then proceed to cast Mass Cure Moderate

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa, you can wake up the girls after a bit with some shaking and shouting at them.

  • Guillame kneels down by Ysa and Silvia
  • Ysabeau will hug them both fiercely

[Ysabeau] (Muri and Silvia)

  • Guillame beams when Silvia comes to.

[Alma] (And everyone hurt heals 39 :P)

[DiablotinNarrator] Everyone looks healthy again.

  • Ysabeau feels like yelling at them all for being stupid, but holds her tongue.
  • Alma checks herself as well, pleased to find the spell took care of her wounds too

[Ysabeau] Thank the gods you're all okay.

[Silvia] It was such a pretty song...

  • Silvia says wistfully.

[Alma] So it's called a Stonesinger is it?

  • Silvia 's glasses broke when she fell, and she picks up the pieces.
  • Ysabeau will cast Mending on them, if she doesn't.
  • Reed nods.

[Reed] If you sing to them, they're supposed to go away - didn't work this time. Maybe we weren't good enough singers.

  • Alma checks over the boys one last time, if only to make them not feel left out with all the attention the girls are getting.

[Reed] It turns you into stone and then eats you.

[Ysabeau] ...

[Alma] D:

  • Ysabeau knows Muri is a good singer, so that seems strange.

[Guillame] Maybe this one was already pissed off

[Reed] Maybe...

[Reed] It does seem like this must be its lair.

  • Reed points to piles of debris and stone in the corners of the room.

[Alma] Well, I suppose we can't blame it then...

[Guillame] It would make sense that when they go away, they go to their lair, so maybe it was just cornered.

[Alma] It's just a creature.

  • Silvia hugs her brother.

[Ysabeau] Are they usually this close to the surface?

  • Ysabeau asks the tosher boys.

[Reed] I never saw one before.

[Reed] But I heard about 'em, so I guess someone's seen them.

  • Guillame hugs Silvia back
  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I wonder if something deeper down might be chasing them up.

[Ysabeau] Why did you all come into the sewers, if we might ask?

[Alma] That's a terrifying thought, Ysabeau D:

[Murienne] For an adventure...

[Alma] Mmhmm.

[Silvia] It *was* fun.

[Guillame] Word of advice - if you're away from home in the middle of an adventure and you hear beautiful singing... something probably wants you dead. Or enslaved.

[Silvia] Until that happened.

  • Silvia nods.

[Alma] Indeed, until then.

[Ysabeau] Had you planned this in advance or was it something of a last minute decision?

[Murienne] We had talked about it before... but we just decided to go today.

[Ysabeau] What sort of preparations did you make?

[Murienne] Because... herbalism lessons this afternoon, bleh.

  • Ysabeau eyes them all for armour, weapons, etc... anything other than the knife Reed had?

[Silvia] We packed some food, and we had a lantern but I dropped it.

[Alma] You know what herbalism lessons are good for? Treating poisons. -_-

[Guillame] Hah, that's true, Sister.

[Ysabeau] Indeed.

[Guillame] Silvia, I'm sure your teacher would have me scold you and forbid you to come down here again, but you're old enough to know what's stupid and what isn't. Just try to be safer, ok?

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Silvia nods.

[Ysabeau] You should have brought more weapons, some armour.

[Ysabeau] You should know how to use it.

[Alma] And don't forget telling someone where you're going...

[Ysabeau] I'm glad you had Reed and Thorn with you, they at least would have some idea of what might live down here.

[Guillame] . o O (Well that's no fun)

[Ysabeau] That came in handy.

  • Silvia smiles slightly at that.

[Ysabeau] Even if the singing didn't work.

[Ysabeau] But please, you must be careful. I was so worried, so were Alma and Guillame.

[Murienne] I think I'm ready to go home now. Enough adventure.

  • Alma checks around for other living things nearby (Deathwatch) and then looks for magic in case it has collected things.

[Ysabeau] Did you look for loot?

[Alma] Does anyone here know how to Detect Magic yet?

[Ysabeau] That's always an important part of an adventure, especially when you kill something.

[Guillame] Well, I suggest that those of us with the time head home on foot. After all, it's not like Sister Alma will always be handy to teleport you back.

[DiablotinNarrator] Silvia, Muri, Amiel, and Thorn all raise their hands to the 'can you detect magic' question.

[Alma] Well get to it.

[Guillame] (and it'll be an excellent reason not to document trade agreements today)

  • Alma looks at Thorn. (Where does he go to school again?)

[DiablotinNarrator] He doesn't, as far as you know.

[Alma] You can too, Thorn?

  • Thorn nods.
  • Alma looks mildly surprised...

[Thorn] I know a couple spells.

[Thorn] Prolly won't learn any more, though, since I can't go to the Castalia.

[Alma] What kind of magic?

[Ysabeau] Why can't you go to the Castalia?

[Thorn] No money.

  • Thorn shrugs.

[Ysabeau] Void, if that's all it is.

[Ysabeau] I can pay for you to go the Castalia.

[Ysabeau] But you must promise not to skip classes. :P

[Alma] At the very least we can look into what scholarships are available.

  • Thorn looks excited.

[Guillame] Indeed

  • Alma makes a note to remind Meg that she's here to help them succeed in the city ^_^

[Alma] (Or Lyndall ^_^)

[Ysabeau] Well, go see if there's any loot.

[Ysabeau] We'll head out after you're done.

[DiablotinNarrator] The kids go and collect the loot, then!

[Guillame] Yeah, be sure to look for any among those piles of rubble, especially.

  • Alma does check herself in case they miss :P
  • Alma will also check the schools on the items, since their Spellcraft probably won't be as good.
  • Guillame just watches them to see where they don't look.
  • Ysabeau supervises them and keeps ears and eyes open for more bad news.

[DiablotinNarrator] There are three magic items - a horn, a piece of amber shaped like a hand, and a light-weight sort of robe. And a few mundane but interesting items - a large beer stein with a bawdy tavern scene depicted on it that seems to amuse the boys, at least, a wooden ring carved to look like ivy leaves, a pearl necklace, a crystal hanging from a silver chain, and a pair of nice-looking knives.

[Alma] (Spellcrafts: 28, 19, 36)

  • Ysabeau will use Bardic Knowledge to learn what she can about objects

[Ysabeau] (25)

  • Ysabeau will tell them what she learns - want me to roll for each object?

[DiablotinNarrator] horn = faint conjuration. amber = moderate necromancy. robe = moderate transmutation.

[Alma] Some sort of naturalist might find value in the remains.

[Alma] We should make you all carry it out.

[DiablotinNarrator] It probably weighs like 1200 lbs... maybe you can get a chunk of it ;)

  • Alma prods it with her toes to see how heavy.

[Alma] Hrm, perhaps not.

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa - none of these items are especially legendary :)

[Ysabeau] (Okay :) )

[Alma] We'll have everything identified and appraised at the Society.

[Ysabeau] Let's get out of here.

  • Ysabeau will walk out with the kids.
  • Alma will also walk, as it's polite.
  • Silvia and the others will accompany you guys out, then.

[DiablotinNarrator] And we'll end there.


Sanadhil and Seth

[Sanadhil] Good morning M. Argo...

* Sanadhil smiles, pleasant but puzzled

[Seth] Ah, good morning, M. Orecalo. Have I arrived at a bad time?

[Sanadhil] no, not particularly... please come in

[Sanadhil] (it smells like delicious bread @_@)

[Sanadhil] (not that you eat ;p)

[Sanadhil] (freak)

[Seth] Is that an elven recipe?

[Sanadhil] Yes - they won't be ready for another few hours, or I would offer you some. Would you care for some tea?

  • Sanadhil takes off the apron when you enter

[Seth] Ah, certainly, that would be fine.

  • Sanadhil nods, and will fetch a fresh cup for Seth and bring his own hgalf drunk one to the parlour

[Seth] I was hoping to speak to you about our recent expeditions.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] of course

[Sanadhil] I have some news to share with yourself as well

[Seth] Oh? Well, please, go ahead.

[Sanadhil] this is a magtter I think needs to be raised with the others as well.... I've discussed it with ilphere, and send word to the Countess but....

[Sanadhil] I know you count yourse a 'Kizer man', but to what extent do you loyaties lie with the emperor?

[Seth] The Emperor *is* a Kizer, of course.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] I understand that the Emperor and Duke work differently, of course.

[Sanadhil] but if he was not acting in the best iterest of the family... or the empire....

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] If the Emperor were not acting in the best interest of the Empire?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Seth] That is almost paradoxical, but ... what exactly do you mean?

[Sanadhil] I have finally managed to track down a cpy of his thesis on magical binding

[Sanadhil] it discusses at length the original binding of Kavreshar in to the necklace.

[Seth] ...

  • Sanadhil can show you a copy (sec forwarding)

[Sanadhil] here...

  • Sanadhil fetches it from his giant pile of notes @_@
  • Seth furrows his brow.
  • Sanadhil sm's

[Sanadhil] (21)

[Seth] So he knew that Kavreshar was trapped in the necklace, before he was Emperor. Hmm.

[Seth] What are you implying?

[Sanadhil] I'm not certain, exactly.

[Sanadhil] But it is concerning

[Seth] Do you think that Marl arranged for Kavreshar's release? How would that advantage him?

[Sanadhil] That depends

[Sanadhil] perhaps nhe thought he could control it, or bind it again if necessary

[Sanadhil] perhaps nhe wanted the opportunity to appear heroic. perhaops there is some deeper plot we haven't yet uncovered....

[Seth] But releasing it in that manner? Knowing that it would cause such damage? That is ... I just don't understand.

[Sanadhil] we still don't know who *did* bring the necklace there

[Seth] Indeed.

[Sanadhil] the divinations indicated it was an accident

[Seth] And if it were in the Treasury, once emperor, he could release Kavreshar in safer circumstances.

[Sanadhil] it may not have been his intention to release it then

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] precisely

[Seth] Has your investigation revealed anything more about who exactly had the necklace and brought it?

[Sanadhil] no, unfortunatley not.

[Sanadhil] although....

[Sanadhil] do we know which faction of the Hush was vying for it?

[Sanadhil] perhaps we can learn what. or who,. they wanted it for, and retrace from there

[Seth] I would imagine Maze, since he was involved with its history.

[Seth] But I don't know.

[Sanadhil] perhaps Mlle Chanuier can find out :p

[Sanadhil] what did you want to discuss?

[Seth] Well ... I had hoped to discuss the stars. And Mme Belden's recent work on the star artifact.

[Seth] What do you make of it?

[Sanadhil] ahh, yes....

[Sanadhil] other than that is is powerful and shoul at all cost be kept from the wrong hands?

[Seth] Yes, obviously.

[Sanadhil] My people believe the stars to be the fundamental power of creation

[Sanadhil] Life, matter... all of it is formed by the substance of stars

[Sanadhil] in that respect, the 'power of the stars' seems quite vast

[Seth] Yes ... but obviously, the stars exist, leading to the question of just what is contained in the artifact. Particular stars - a constellation, like Rat prior to its restoration?

[Sanadhil] the implication is that it is the natual firmament of the shadowplan

[Seth] I suppose ... I am no expert on the planes.

[Seth] What do the Shadar-kai make of it?

[Sanadhil] of what? Their plane?

[Seth] Of the artifact.

[Seth] Of the stars.

[Seth] I don't know.

[Sanadhil] I don't think that they know of it specifically

[Sanadhil] as to the stars..... there are some very old texts that reference the stars, and the sun, but their scholars have apparently debated about wther they might date to the time of the occupation here, or to something else

[Sanadhil] I now suspect they date to a time when the plane had its own

[Sanadhil] The essence of creation is now imbued in the material of the plane itself, however.

[Seth] And the Legend Lore - what do you take from it?

[Sanadhil] Perhaps that is what happened when things started to die there and the essence could not return to the sky...

  • Sanadhil muses
  • Sanadhil makes a face at the mention of legend lore

[Sanadhil] it seems almost too straught forward in some respects....

[Sanadhil] if we coudl figure out how to taps its power, it could be limitles @_@

[Seth] Limitlessly dangerous.

[Sanadhil] limitless in all ways, absolutely

[Seth] Do you think it is connected to Emkathon, and if so, how? I admit to being unclear on the connection between the Shadow Plane and entities such as her.

[Sanadhil] I don't think it is directly connected

[Sanadhil] but possibly its power could be used to free her....

[Seth] Is that something you are planning to do?

[Sanadhil] it was the Serpent, Vrag, that the shadar-Kai antitheists sought to -hmm?

[Seth] I am asking if you are planning to free Emkathon.

[Sanadhil] I would like to see it done.

[Sanadhil] you?

[Seth] Despite the consequences?

  • Sanadhil sm's (if we're gong on earlier rolls I got a 21 ;p)

[Seth] (you succeed - I can't beat a 21; I am not trusting of you!)

[Sanadhil] It is already happening. Its only a matter of time. Would you see her bound?

[Seth] I don't know what I want of her ... I don't see that it is my decision alone to make. But I fear the consequences, either way.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] I ask your word that you will not do anything with her, or to her, without consulting me.

[Seth] This city is ... it is to me, much more than my home. If it should suffer the fate of Am, I would die.

[Sanadhil] . o O (What is it with everyone and oaths :p)

[Sanadhil] You wouldn't be alone -_-

[Sanadhil] But I don't want that to happen

[Sanadhil] Emkathon is Mercy.

[Seth] I understand that ... I do not think you wish the death of us all. But I do think you might make decisions without speaking to me, or to the others, that might inadvertently cost us all dearly.

[Seth] So again, I ask your word.

[Sanadhil] very well - I give you my word, I won't do anything to, or with her, without consulting you ot the others.

[Seth] Thank you.

  • Seth relaxes visibly.
  • Sanadhil nods, but kind of sighs.

[Seth] So many things have happened lately ... I would have thought the dream-world was the strangest thing that could ever happen to me.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] And most people are so completely ignorant of everything going on....

[Seth] Yes, exactly.

[Seth] Which is stranger, to meet the queen of her own realm, to free a Founder from his prison, to touch Mercy herself, or to touch a star?

[Sanadhil] is that rhetorical?

[Seth] Indeed.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Seth] And on top of all of that, my own powers grow daily, my communion with this city.

[Sanadhil] I hadn't thought you'd touched her....

[Sanadhil] but yes.

[Seth] Well, yes, not ... not the way you did.

[Sanadhil] @_@

[Sanadhil] I would....not recommend it

[Seth] I suppose you want her to yourself?

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] No, not at all

[Sanadhil] She's.... too much. She' not meant to be contained, or horded....

[Seth] Have no fear, M. Orecalo, I am already possessed of enough strangeness in my life.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Sanadhil] Indeed.

  • Sanadhil says finally, never quite trusting what he will say when people get him talking about Emkathon @_@

[Seth] One wonders how much the Emperor has learned of what we are up to. Thankfully we have not told anyone outside our group about Emkathon.

[Sanadhil] indeed - I hope he doens't learn of her

[Seth] Is there something I can do, to help with that side of matters?

[Sanadhil] how do you mean?

[Seth] I don't know. I am well connected to the Kizer family, and to the Warlord.

[Sanadhil] I'm not certain at this point.

[Sanadhil] I've been too busy gathering information to have a chance to think of what to do with any of it, lately

[Seth] All right. If there is anything, I am available at most times at the Society.

[Seth] Who knew that the architecture of wells was such a fascinating subject?

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Some more than others, I suspect....

[Sanadhil] I should prepare another presentation soon as well

[Seth] Indeed. I will be most interested to attend, in that case!

  • Sanadhil frowns trying to wrap his head arounjd something he could talk about bthat woudln't be completely world shattering :p

[Seth] I thank you for your time, M. Orecalo. I hope to speak with you again soon.

[Sanadhil] Likewise, M. Argo.

[Sanadhil] I'll come find you if I think of anything more concrete.

[Seth] I am greatly obliged.

  • Seth finishes his tea and leaves.

Solos

Seth, Ysabeau and Martan

  • Seth comes to Ysabeau's house at the arranged time.
  • Ysabeau greets you warmly and welcomes you to her house. This is the first time you'd have been here, I think?

[Seth] (yes, I think so - I was at your old place, a long time ago)

[Ysabeau] Let me help you with your cloak. What a dreary summer it's been.

[Seth] Thank you. This is a lovely home you've got.

[Seth] The design of the homes in this area of Place d'Iena is highly distinctive.

[Ysabeau] Is it? I suppose they were all built around the same time.

[Seth] Yes, within a couple of decades.

[Seth] How long have you been living here?

[Ysabeau] Oh just since early this year.

[Seth] And you additionally have rooms at the palace?

[Ysabeau] I have a suite, there yes. But I prefer the quiet here. I need it for my composing. The Palace can be pretty distracting.

[Seth] Indeed, I found the same thing.

[Ysabeau] Come inside, won't you? I know you don't need to eat or drink, but I have some wines, or I can put on some tea if you prefer.

[Seth] Thank you, some tea would be excellent.

[Ysabeau] Very good.

  • Martan is seated in the living area, but stands when Seth arrives.
  • Ysabeau will lead you into the living area.

[Seth] I do find that, although I no longer have the alimentary needs I once had, that tea and other hot beverages are quite soothing to the intellect.

  • Ysabeau laughs pleasantly at your comment.

[Seth] Ah. M. Olivier.

[Martan] Good day, M. Argo.

[Seth] I wasn't aware you were to be here.

[Martan] I hope it's not a problem. I can certainly leave if you need to speak to Ysa in private.

[Seth] No, I can't imagine that would be necessary. I presume that she keeps you well-informed on various affairs.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] I guess no introductions are necessary. Make yourself comfortable, M. Argo. I'll get the tea. Be right back.

  • Seth sits.
  • Martan sits as well.

[Seth] Are you ... residing here also?

  • Ysabeau has already put out some olives and cheeses and slices of baguette on a tray, so you can nibble on them.

[Martan] No, although I do spend as much of my free time here as I'm able.

[Seth] Ah, I see.

  • Ysabeau is within earshot of you both; it's not a big house. ^-^
  • Seth picks at an olive.

[Seth] Hmm, are these Psyrene olives, I wonder?

[Martan] I imagine they'll become rather scarcer in the coming months.

[Seth] One would expect. My ancestors were originally Psyrene, although I don't have any relations in Psyra today, to my knowledge.

[Martan] So your sympathies don't lie with poor oppressed Psyra?

  • Martan says lightly.

[Seth] I find that I'm rather too busy to be concerned with such matters.

[Martan] That's understandable.

[Seth] I don't have any reason to believe that Psyra is any more oppressed than it has been at any other time in the past few centuries.

[Martan] I agree.

[Seth] It's hardly the first time that some faction or another has decided to rail against the empire, and will hardly be the last.

  • Ysabeau wishes water boiled faster.

[Martan] Indeed... I hope it can be resolved without excessive bloodshed this time.

  • Seth shrugs.

[Seth] I would imagine that far more died of famine last year than will die on Psyrene battlefields.

[Martan] Probably. But the battlefield deaths are avoidable, at least.

[Seth] Perhaps not, at this point.

[Martan] We'll see, I suppose.

[Seth] Hmm, yes..

  • Ysabeau finally comes back in with a tray laden with cups, saucers, and a teapot under a cozy.

[Ysabeau] This winter isn't looking to be much better, with the crops rotting in the fields from all the rain.

[Seth] I suppose you're right.

[Ysabeau] Well, hopefully His Majesty is thinking ahead.

[Seth] Have you spoken to him at all about the matter?

  • Ysabeau shakes her head.

[Ysabeau] I'm his composer, he doesn't ask me about crops and famine. ;)

[Martan] I'm sure it's under discussion... after last year, they'll be better prepared, I hope.

[Ysabeau] I hope so too.

[Seth] Well. Yes.

[Seth] At any rate, enough pleasantries

[Seth] I have come to you today, Mlle Chanuier, to discuss some ... rumors that have come to my attention.

  • Ysabeau leans forward to pour you some tea.

[Ysabeau] Which ones?

  • Ysabeau passes you a cup, then pours another for Martan.

[Seth] Foremostly, rumors regarding you, M. Olivier, and your imminent ascendance to a position of preeminence in the Companions of Silence.

  • Martan accepts the cup of tea with a smile for Ysa.

[Martan] News travels quickly.

[Seth] In some circles.

  • Martan nods.
  • Ysabeau smiles, she's not imminently ascending to a position of preeminence, although the way Seth said it, it sounds like it could be her.
  • Ysabeau pours a cup for herself and settles back in her seat.

[Seth] I must say, I am surprised, Mlle Chanuier, that you are so ... nonchalant about this.

[Seth] In many of our travels you have frequently expressed reluctance or dismay with regard to risky activities that might harm you or your family.

[Ysabeau] Old habits die hard.

[Ysabeau] I was responsible for raising my sister from the age of ten onwards. I do get overly protective of my loved ones.

[Seth] Well. In any case. I do wonder what the previous occupants of the role will make of the change.

[Martan] I can't speak for them, of course.

[Martan] But one way or another, they'll have to accept it.

[Seth] I suppose so. The role is of course at the Emperor's leisure to appoint.

[Martan] Indeed. And, in a way, this is a concession to Maze - he could as easily have chosen someone who wasn't associated with him, to make a clean break.

[Seth] If I may ask, why did you accept the role?

  • Ysabeau sips her tea, since I assume you are addressing Martan.

[Martan] It's what I've been trained for... I expected I would come to this position sooner or later. It's just slightly sooner than I expected.

[Seth] Hm. I see.

[Seth] And Mlle Chanuier, are you similarly to occupy some role with the Companions, or will you be continuing in your present roles?

  • Ysabeau raises an exquisite eyebrow.

[Ysabeau] My only role with the Companions of Silence is likely to be akin to Quirille Olivier's. I'm a musician and composer.

[Seth] (sm)

[Martan] (rolling actual dice, heh)

[Seth] (sm 36)

[Ysabeau] (I'm not bluffing, so I'm not going to roll.)

[Seth] Well, then, M. Olivier, I wish you the best in your new role.

[Martan] Thank you. And I hope that we'll be able to work together fruitfully in the future.

[Seth] (sm on him)

[Seth] (40)

[Martan] (he hopes that ... you'll be able to work together productively in the future?)

[Seth] Perhaps so.

[Seth] Did the Emperor give any sense of why he chose this particular moment to make the change?

[Martan] Not as such, although I suspect the tensions with Psyra probably have something to do with it.

[Seth] Hmm, perhaps you are correct.

  • Seth sips his tea.

[Seth] Well, M. Olivier, at this point Mlle Chanuier and I do have some other business to discuss. Very boring, Society matters, you understand.

[Martan] Certainly.

  • Martan glances to Ysabeau to make sure she's all right with him leaving.
  • Ysabeau isn't sure.

[Martan] Perhaps I'll just retire upstairs, in case anything further arises that I can assist with?

[Ysabeau] Sure, if that's all right with you, M. Argo?

[Seth] Of course.

  • Martan will do so, then.

[Seth] A pleasant enough fellow.

[Ysabeau] I think so.

  • Seth says once Martan is out of earshot.

[Seth] Is it real?

[Ysabeau] What?

[Seth] Your ... relationship?

[Ysabeau] With him? Yes, it's the only real one.

[Seth] Ah. Well, that explains that.

[Seth] And your relationship with Marl is ... coincidental to Martan's rise to power?

[Ysabeau] My relationship with the Emperor was the most convenient way to meet in private. It was his idea. Marl's.

[Seth] Ah. Very clever.

[Seth] May I ask the purpose of your meetings with the Emperor?

[Ysabeau] I thought it was to set up a meeting with Lord Grey, but in the end, His Majesty asked for Martan.

[Seth] I see.

[Seth] How much does Martan know of our recent research expeditions?

[Ysabeau] He knows what he needs to know.

[Ysabeau] I imagine it is similar with your friends Nash and Leonien Kizer.

[Seth] You might imagine that, but in general I do not bother the Duke at all with matters involving our research, even the ones that are ... very serious.

[Seth] As for the Warlord, I have been very upfront with the group as to my conversations with her, and indeed, her authority was required to undertake the Shadow Plane trip.

[Ysabeau] M. Argo, we had a conversation once, you and me and the rest of our colleagues, during which I expressed my concern that people were not sharing everything.

[Seth] Yes, I recall.

[Ysabeau] I believe it was you responded by saying that I must trust the rest of you not to do anything foolish.

[Seth] I do not recall it that way.

[Seth] I have been extremely forthcoming with anything that others would like to know.

[Seth] Although I do think we should generally trust one another not to do anything extremely foolish, I think we know that some among our group are prone to foolish things.

[Ysabeau] I think I have generally proven not to be one of them.

[Seth] I would agree.

[Seth] But in the past few months, we have learned a number of ... very disturbing things. At least three things, any one of which might rock the foundations of the Empire, and collectively, around which I cannot yet wrap my mind.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I know. I can't either.

[Seth] And, whether we like it or not, our group is rather divided as to whether the Patriarch, the Emperor, and others ought to know about them.

[Seth] And so, when I learn that the new Lord Grey is involved with one of my travelling companions, I do not think it irrational to wonder where she stands on the issue of telling others about these matters.

[Ysabeau] No, I understand.

[Ysabeau] I don't think you are being irrational.

[Seth] It has nothing to do with a belief that you are foolish. But, if I am about to be arrested for my investigations, I would like a head start on my pursuers.

[Ysabeau] I seriously doubt anyone will arrest you.

[Ysabeau] Eventually we are going to have to make that decision. About whether to tell people such as the Patriarch and the Emperor or not.

[Ysabeau] You must see that.

[Seth] Yes, and I would rather it were made as a group. And thus I ask you again, does M. Olivier know about these matters?

[Ysabeau] M. Argo, he and I have a very personal interest in these matters. Yes, we have discussed them. You'll forgive me if I don't elaborate on how exactly they are of interest to us.

[Ysabeau] It is in his best interest that your research, and the research of others, continues.

[Ysabeau] In that light, you don't need to worry about him sending people to arrest you.

[Seth] If the matters of interest to our collective research involve M. Olivier, I do think he has a right to know of them, to whatever extent that knowledge helps him. But in that case, Mlle Chanuier, why do I not have the same right to know how his interests are relevant to ours?

[Ysabeau] M. Argo, you have associated yourself with Cornelia Nash. A woman who, I have been told by the Emperor himself, would cheerfully have ended my life if I hadn't been a more prominent personnage, as soon as she suspected I might be serving as a messenger between him and Lord Grey.

[Seth] I have no reason to think that to be the case. She has never mentioned you to me, although she is fully aware that you are part of our expeditions.

[Seth] I do think that for you to be so close to Lord Grey puts your life in danger, but not chiefly from the Warlord.

[Ysabeau] I know what sorts of risk I face; I accepted them months ago. All the more reason for me to be cautious about what I say to whom.

[Seth] I feel that it is your responsibility to inform our group that anything we discover or say will reach the ears of the empire's spymaster, who has a vested but mysteriously unspecified interest in our affairs.

[Ysabeau] I have shared our 'vested but mysteriously unspecified interest' with some of our group.

[Seth] Oh?

[Ysabeau] Yes. Does that make you feel any better?

[Seth] No!

[Seth] It makes me wonder why, if this is so important, you have shared it only with some, and still feel that somehow I am the one who is untrustworthy in this conversation, when I have been extremely explicit about my actions and words over the past several months.

[Ysabeau] I am worried about this information getting to Nash. That's why.

[Seth] And I am worried about everything we have done ... everything we have learned, getting to the ears of the Emperor and others, and yet apparently you have simply dismissed those concerns and taken it upon yourself to reveal all.

[Seth] Tell me, then, why your fears outweigh mine?

[Ysabeau] I doubt that I can.

[Seth] Then explain to me what it is that makes it so essential that you share our findings with M. Olivier.

[Ysabeau] Because his life is at risk if I don't.

  • Seth shakes his head.

[Seth] His life is already at risk. He took the riskiest job in the empire, leaving not one but two predecessors. Nothing I could possibly say to Nash could make her dislike him more.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Ysabeau] It's not her I'm worried about. Well, not just her.

[Seth] All right ... who then?

[Ysabeau] The Order of the Black Down.

[Ysabeau] Anyone who wants to fuck over the Empire, really.

[Seth] I have no love for the Order ... and have tolerated the Princess' involvement with less than enthusiasm ... but why would they be concerned about M. Olivier?

  • Ysabeau looks torn.

[Ysabeau] M. Argo...

[Ysabeau] I think you could help, I think all of our group could help, if I could be sure no one would put his life in danger.

[Ysabeau] In more danger than it already is just by him being the head of the Hush, that is.

[Seth] If you can tell me more, I can help, but if not, then my actions might inadvertently endanger him.

[Ysabeau] Your loyalty is to Leonien Kizer and to Nash, can you swear not to tell them?

  • Seth considers.

[Seth] Yes, very well ... although I am being asked to swear not to reveal something I do not yet know.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It wouldn't do to tell and then not get the oath, now, would it? Then you'd have the information and could do whatever you wanted with it.

[Seth] I said I would agree.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] He is Theonee Deverara's child, and Butler Belden's...

[Seth] I ... well, that is most surprising.

[Ysabeau] There's more.

[Seth] Oh?

[Ysabeau] I cast a Legend Lore on him.

  • Ysabeau recites it; she knows it by heart.

[Ysabeau] Do you understand now why I am so frightened?

  • Ysabeau lays her hand on her belly, which is looking pregnant.

[Seth] So, I must ask, not to question your interpretation, but ... M. Olivier is a man ... is he not?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Dominik was asked to find a book, it was Althea Deverara's diary. Althea wrote about Theonee giving birth to a daughter.

[Seth] I see. And M. Olivier ... is that daughter?

[Ysabeau] Emoune Sathin cast a Legend Lore on the baby when she was born. She got the same one I did. Because they feared for the child's life, Loch du Champe used a Wish to turn him into a boy, to hide his identity.

[Seth] I ... see.

  • Ysabeau will tell you Emoune/Loch/Falke's interpretation of the LL, and what she has come up with for the same.

[Seth] (can you give me a summary of what that interpretation is?)

[Ysabeau] (mine or the old one?)

[Seth] (either I guess?)

[Ysabeau] When a woman fathers a child - old = Tristane as Theonee's adoptive 'father'; new = Martan, since he was born female.

  • Seth considers.

[Ysabeau] And her daughter to Greywatch is kin - old = some indication that Althea was the natural daughter of Martan Kizer, so Theonee would kind of be related to Greywatch; new = both me and Martan were born in Greywatch

[Ysabeau] When the starlight returns to its first form - old = Rat reappeared; new = Martan is the 'starlight' borne within Theonee from the riddle you overheard from the Arch ceremony you witnessed, maybe he will be returned to his female form somehow OR putting the starlight back in the Shadow Plane

[Ysabeau] As the Serpent at last sheds its skin - I think everyone's just taking that pretty much literally

[Ysabeau] Then the mother of mercy seeks vengeance - old = Pasith would hunt down/harm Martan to prevent the LL coming true? new = Emkathon seeks Kavreshar

[Ysabeau] And the wheel shall soon cease to spin - old and new = end of the Way of the Wheel?

[Seth] Hmm, that is all very curious.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Seth] I will need to give it some thought.

[Ysabeau] Sister Alma knows everything, if you want to chat with her.

[Seth] Who else?

[Ysabeau] And after exacting an oath from Sanadhil not to pass it along to the Cultists - an oath I believe he will keep; he swore it on Emkathon, who has had a profound impact on him - I told him the Legend Lore.

[Ysabeau] I was anxious about telling him because of his past record of poor decision-making.

[Seth] Agreed.

[Ysabeau] But... we spoke at length, much like you and I have today, and I felt comfortable enough with his answers to my questions that I told him in the end.

[Seth] Does the Emperor know nothing, then, of all this?

[Ysabeau] Nothing yet... Because of the serious implications for the fabric of society, Martan and I have discussed reporting it to the Emperor - who else has the power and authority to enact preventive measures in case of riots, etc.?

[Ysabeau] But we haven't yet.

[Seth] Hmm, yet another thing to consider.

[Seth] Well. Is there anything else to all this that I should know?

  • Ysabeau shakes her head.

[Ysabeau] Martan is a good, good man, Seth.

[Ysabeau] I believe he could be good for the Empire, in his new role...

[Seth] All right. I will take you at your word on that. But power changes men greatly, and I do have concerns. But they are very small compared to our greater concerns.

[Ysabeau] I don't think he will change for the worse. But if he does, I'll be there to be his conscience.

[Seth] He is, after all, the great-grandson of Martan Kizer.

[Ysabeau] What's that supposed to mean?

[Seth] His namesake was a very wicked man.

[Seth] Corrupted by power.

  • Ysabeau raises an eyebrow.

[Ysabeau] And Nash isn't?

[Seth] I'm not saying she can't be ruthless. But she hasn't done anything to lead me to mistrust her.

[Ysabeau] M. Argo, she's running half of the organized crime in the city.

[Ysabeau] Vescan Corriveau works for her.

[Seth] I've heard that. She certainly uses them to her advantage, to control other crime, if so.

[Seth] If you can point to murders she's ordered, or similar sorts of things, I'm willing to listen.

[Ysabeau] Vescan murdered my sister's best friend, for a lock of Martan Kizer's hair.

[Seth] On Nash's orders?

[Ysabeau] I don't know that yet, but I hope to find out.

[Seth] I know that part of the story, I just don't see any reason to connect it to Nash.

[Seth] If Nash didn't have her fingers in the Corriveau network, she wouldn't be good at her job.

  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Seth] And we ought to bear in mind, as well, that the current Lord Grey is hardly unbesmirched.

[Ysabeau] So I hear.

[Seth] Well. You have given me a great deal to think about, Mlle Chanuier.

[Seth] I should like the opportunity to converse further with you on such matters, if the need arises.

[Ysabeau] Of course, M. Argo.

[Ysabeau] I hope my trust was well-placed.

[Seth] Please convey to M. Olivier that he has nothing to fear from me.

[Ysabeau] I shall. And thank you.

  • Ysabeau says, from the bottom of her heart.

[Seth] You are most welcome.

  • Ysabeau touches her belly once more.

[Ysabeau] Have a good evening, M. Argo.

[Seth] You as well.

  • Ysabeau will see you out.


Sanadhil and Ysabeau

  • Sanadhil will try and find Ysa at the society one morning
  • Ysabeau is often there, putting the finishing touches on her Castalia final project.

[Sanadhil] ahh, good morning Mlle Chanuier, might I co-opt some of your time?

  • Ysabeau glances up and smiles.

[Ysabeau] Certainly, M. Orecalo. Here or elsewhere? And how have you been?

[Sanadhil] Perhaps a walk? it is a lovely day. And well, thank you.

[Ysabeau] Glad to hear it. A walk would be fine.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Ysabeau bundles up her papers and places them into her satchel.
  • Sanadhil offers you his arm, then
  • Ysabeau glances at the books on the table, decides they probably aren't going to be swiped while she goes for a walk.
  • Ysabeau will take it.
  • Sanadhil will make polite chitchat for a while, asking after yourself and your sister and martan, etc
  • Ysabeau wonders if there will be even more rumours about her, on the arm of the infamous M. Orecalo in public.
  • Ysabeau chatters happily about her little family.

[Sanadhil] (I'm not infamous :p)

[Sanadhil] (There's really not any rumours about me that I'm aware of, other that I'm oooOOooo Foreign ;)

[Ysabeau] (Heehee)

[Sanadhil] (but think what you like, tart ;)

[Sanadhil] I'm glad to hear things are well then, and I hate to be a bringer of disconcerting news.

[Ysabeau] (I know. Ysabeau is mostly being silly, fancifully embroidering her inner dialogue.)

  • Sanadhil says, turning serious as we approach a quieter street near a park, perhaps

[Ysabeau] Oh...?

  • Sanadhil will stillcast glibness at this point, just in case he needs to stretch anything ;p

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Sanadhil] I took the liberty, after our conversation, of speaking to the Lord Marshall.

[Ysabeau] All right.

  • Ysabeau wonders if/when Martan will decide to do the same.

[Sanadhil] There was something about the way he was so protective of his daughter that made me suspicious...

[Sanadhil] It turns out I had cause.

[Sanadhil] I convinced him, eventually, to explain his actions to me.

  • Ysabeau listens quietly.

[Sanadhil] He had a legend lore cast on himself at some point - I'm not sure when, or by who, but presumably it was before Marrith came of age:

[Sanadhil] "Your child and the child of another who passed through the Arch will give you a grandchild on the 5th of Second-month in your 52nd year. And the birth of that child will herald the death of your faith and the rebirth of another, the death of your love and the rebirth of another, the death of your child and the rebirth of another."

[Ysabeau] When does he turn 52?

  • Ysabeau asks quietly.

[Sanadhil] Soon enough.

  • Ysabeau turns into one of the park's gates and looks for a bench or something.
  • Sanadhil will help her to one so she can sit @_@
  • Ysabeau lowers her satchel onto the bench and pulls out some graphite and paper and writes the Legend Lore down with a trembling hand.

[Sanadhil] There are always ambiguities in these matters, of course.

[Sanadhil] but it was concerning

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Very poor grammar, those gods use. Very concerning.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] very careful grammar, I'm sure

  • Ysabeau laughs nervously.

[Sanadhil] I didn't press him for many details

[Sanadhil] but I honestly don't know how he would react to meeting M. Olivier

[Ysabeau] There's nothing really new about the first important bit - we've known for some time that the Seven and the Serpent don't seem inclined to share.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] The part about his love is the most ambiguous. Could be any number of people, or anything.

[Sanadhil] yes, he doesn't seem like a man who loves much of anything.

[Sanadhil] His daughter, perhaps his mother....

[Ysabeau] Perhaps Theonee...

[Sanadhil] It might count the Lady Chancellor.

  • Sanadhil agrees

[Ysabeau] His wife has already passed on, hasn't she.

[Sanadhil] yes, some years ago

[Sanadhil] the idea of rebirth though...

[Sanadhil] there may be some hope in that

  • Ysabeau nods, swallows.

[Sanadhil] There are two artifacts currently in the possession of the society that I think could be used to bring someone wholly back from the dead.

  • Ysabeau looks at you directly for the first time.

[Sanadhil] the prophecy received my the cult implies the same will happen.

[Ysabeau] Which prophecy is that?

  • Ysabeau asks, to confirm whether it's M. Argo's or something new.

[Sanadhil] the one who will die and live again?

[Ysabeau] Ah yes, what's the exact wording, again?

[Ysabeau] Where did that information come from? It's been so long, now.

[Sanadhil] the one who will die and live again is something that Mlle. Lozada Boyne has seen in visions.

[Sanadhil] That was what they asked of the Serpent when they invoked it, and M. Argo overheard.

[Sanadhil] they asked where they would find her

[Sanadhil] and the answer they were given was...

  • Sanadhil pausews to make sure he is remembering correctly

[Sanadhil] "She was conceived by one reborn, carried by one failed, raised by one chosen. Before her very birth, I spoke to her. Her womb is barren, except for he of whom she dreams, but she bears the light of the stars within her."

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] I still think it pertains to the chancellor

[Ysabeau] I think you are right.

[Ysabeau] So the one who will die and live again is still the Chancellor.

[Ysabeau] Not my - not Martan.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] But the legend lore he received adds more ambiguieties

[Sanadhil] They seek the chancellor, but she may not be the only one...

  • Ysabeau nods hesitantly.

[Ysabeau] Both the love and the child will die and be reborn.

[Ysabeau] As what?

[Sanadhil] I don't know

[Sanadhil] They wanted to create something like the Seventh.

[Ysabeau] Who did?

[Sanadhil] The cult - The Serpent.

[Sanadhil] still want, I suppose.

[Ysabeau] Why? What do the Seventh do, really? What's the point of them?

[Sanadhil] I have no idea. They serve the gods, they have some kind of unique abilities...

[Sanadhil] I think they are..... what the gods here have instead of Angels

[Ysabeau] But the Serpent has an angel - Emkathon.

[Ysabeau] Why does it need pale copies?

[Sanadhil] She is more than an Angel.

[Sanadhil] Perhaps it has other plans for her.

  • Sanadhil looks slightly troubled

[Sanadhil] Or does not expect her to survive...

[Sanadhil] She may need to change too, somehow.

[Ysabeau] Gods help us all if she does not. She is in some way part of the Serpent, the light part. I'm sure of it.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] They are both week - less than they were

[Ysabeau] They need to be together. The sum is more than its parts.

[Sanadhil] they would be unbalanced

[Sanadhil] but then, they already are...

[Ysabeau] They already are.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Perhaps being one again - the Serpent, Kavreshar and Emkathon - perhaps that is what would balance them.

[Sanadhil] maybe, if it is possible.

[Sanadhil] I dont' know that Kavreshar is pure enough.

[Ysabeau] How do you mean?

[Sanadhil] I think it made deals with hell

[Ysabeau] What makes you think that?

  • Ysabeau asks, puzzled.

[Sanadhil] well, our initial identification of it as a Hell Wyrm, for one.

[Sanadhil] And conversations I have had with Mr. Boyne.

[Sanadhil] Kavreshar was meant to be Justice, but that's not what it -he- is now.

[Ysabeau] No, he is probably Vengeance.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] That's not something that the Serpent needs.

[Ysabeau] All this talk of people dying and being reborn... This may sound crazy and I have nothing at all to base it upon.

  • Sanadhil listens

[Ysabeau] What if they have some link to the Serpent, Emkathon and Kavreshar? Some link which allows them be reborn as purer versions of those entities?

[Sanadhil] they would be diminished, not purer, if they were born into a mortal form

[Sanadhil] we can't contain that much power

[Ysabeau] Maybe that's why the mortal shells have to die.

[Sanadhil] they are much closer to the stars....

[Sanadhil] I don't think so

[Sanadhil] if they are changed by their rebirth, it will be into something new

[Ysabeau] 'New' is such an ambiguous word.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] I know it isn't much comfort.

[Sanadhil] But I thought you needed to know.

[Ysabeau] It isn't any comfort at all. But thank you for telling me.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] would you like to go back to the society?

  • Ysabeau shrugs.
  • Ysabeau rubs at her eyes.

[Ysabeau] I guess there is nowhere else to be.

[Sanadhil] I can leave you be, if you prefer...

  • Ysabeau stands up, shakes her head.

[Ysabeau] You should know, M. Argo cornered me the other day. He might come asking you about Martan one of these days.

[Sanadhil] me?

[Ysabeau] You or Alma.

[Sanadhil] asking me what about him?

[Ysabeau] Oh, I don't know. Your interpretation of the Legend Lore, whatever.

[Ysabeau] I might as well tell everyone, at this point it can hardly be considered a secret anymore.

[Sanadhil] ahh, yes

[Sanadhil] it might be useful...

[Ysabeau] We might get further ahead if I do. There's only His Grace, Her Highness and Dominik who don't know about it yet.

  • Ysabeau rubs at her eyes.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] It seems like having a family like everyone else is too much for me to ask for.

[Ysabeau] Well. I suppose I should try to do some more writing.

[Sanadhil] Mmm.

[Sanadhil] ¬_¬

[Sanadhil] I'm sure it would do you good to put your mind to something else for a while.

  • Ysabeau collects her satchel and settles it over her shoulder.
  • Sanadhil will escort you back to the society, then @_@


Sanadhil and Alma

  • Sanadhil will arrive at Alma's
  • Alma rises to greet you as Marielle escorts you to a sitting room.

[Alma] Good afternoon, M. Orecalo.

  • Sanadhil has adopted your custome of bringing a snack, and offers you a little tin of pastries with dried fruit

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon, countess, I trust you are well?

[Alma] Ah, thank you. I'm well indeed. And you?

[Sanadhil] the same, thank you

[Sanadhil] You received my note, then?

[Sanadhil] (my urchin-delivered note ;)

  • Alma probably didn't see the urchin :)

[Sanadhil] (hee)

[Alma] Yes, I did. It is... interesting.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Where did you find the Emperor's Thesis?

[Sanadhil] I borrowed a copy from Loick Silveira when i went to ask him about D'Angremond's notes about binding Kavreshar the first time

  • Alma nods.

[Sanadhil] the latter were missing, unfortunately

[Alma] Yes, I read that. An unlikely coincidence.

[Sanadhil] indeed

[Alma] Was there any indication of when they went missing?

[Sanadhil] I suppose anyone could have taken them before the position was refilled

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Sanadhil] the office was something of a disaster, though

[Sanadhil] either it had been well rofled through, or the previous occupant had little intrest in keeping order

[Sanadhil] it would be easy for things to get lost

[Alma] Ah, perhaps you have not yet heard. The late Ms. Hartzell's aide was in fact a demon.

[Alma] A babau. Likely the "scholar", Earric Boyne spoke of.

[Sanadhil] ... ahh

[Alma] I wonder if the notes went missing under its "care".

[Sanadhil] that would seem likely, if he was working for or with kavreshar...

[Sanadhil] so then, he's not ead, just disappeared?

[Alma] I have yet to successfully scry it, however I am highly doubtful that the disaster of the Bridge of Vanities was responsible for its death.

[Sanadhil] could it have vbeen the demon that was fought on the [other bridge]?

[Alma] Babau are apparently often assassins, and as Ms. Hartzell's body was never recovered, it seems likely that it is responsible for her death.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] I don't think so.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] so it is still at large then

[Alma] Yes. I will be continuing to try to at least determine whether it remains in the Empire.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Alma takes a deep breath.

[Sanadhil] How did you learn of it?

[Alma] A few individuals were alleged to be demonic impersonators. Moncaire was one of them. It was essentially nothing more than an allegation, but when you mentioned the "scholar" I put two and two together.

[Alma] I wish I'd been quicker.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure what you could have done, in any case.

[Sanadhil] At least we do have an account of what was in the notes....

[Sanadhil] though that is distressing enough in itself

[Sanadhil] I spoke with M. Argo some on the matter

[Alma] What did he have to say about this?

[Sanadhil] we both agreed that whether or not marl was involved in the theft of the Necklace, it seemes unlikely that he meant to release Kavreshar at that time

[Sanadhil] The legend lore implies as much, and it was bad political timing, if he'd actualy intended to release it at all

[Sanadhil] but certainly he sjould have known at the time what it was

[Alma] Certainly the Emperor would have no motivation to release Kavreshar at all.

[Sanadhil] I hope not

[Sanadhil] but it is a possibility

[Sanadhil] I don't know that he knew what it was, any more than what is stated in the thesis

[Alma] The Hush were responsible for the theft of the necklace from the Society. So it's more likely that answers would be had on that matter from Cornelia Nash or Maze Olivier. I'm not sure the Emperor would have had much influence there prior to his coronation.

[Sanadhil] perhaps he thought he could control it somehow

[Alma] Have you spoken with the Chief Sorceror about this?

[Sanadhil] not yet

[Sanadhil] I know he hazs read the thesis, but I don't know if he has made the connection

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure hw well informed he is of the situation - the coronation dragon incident was so long ago, now, and there hasn't been any overt indication that it is still a threat

[Alma] He seemed quite conscious of that being one of his responsibilities.

[Sanadhil] you spoke to him of it, then?

[Alma] Yes. I spoke to him at the wedding, and discussed Kavreshar and the potential that Moncaire was a demon working with him.

[Alma] If he didn't take the time to inform himself on the matter since then...

[Alma] Though it does seem more likely that, having read the thesis and already being privy to His Highness' experience in the matter, His Grace does not find the connection to be dubious at all.

[Alma] As much as I prefer honesty, I can't say I wouldn't understand a decision to keep word of foreknowledge of Kavreshar out of the public eye.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] he did suggest that i read the thesis.

  • Sanadhil ponders

[Sanadhil] was quite glad to lend it to me

[Alma] It is, after all the Emperor we're talking about.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I'm trying to sort out somet5hig regarding the Hush, and their involvement in the theft of the necklace...

[Sanadhil] or their interest in it, at least

[Sanadhil] when did the split happen? When did Nash start consolidating power?

[Sanadhil] because of the Hush split was an issue at the time of the necklace, it predats marl's ascention

[Alma] I'm honestly not sure. I find the whole affair completely unsavoury.

[Sanadhil] nevertheless....

[Alma] I would indeed like to know which side stole it, and why.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] perhaps mlle Chanuier has some chance of learning that

[Alma] Yes, she is seeing Mr. Olivier's associate.

[Sanadhil] Seeing, yes...

[Sanadhil] She told me of their relationship.

[Alma] I've considered asking him for assistance myself, he's a lovely gentleman :)

[Sanadhil] well, he might be i a position to know, at least

[Alma] I would be interested to know if the Chief Sorceror has been apprised of the contents of D'Angremond's notes. If not, I would probably add trying to find their contents to my considerably full task list.

[Alma] Though I'm not sure how one might recover them.

[Sanadhil] they've likely been destryoyed, but the account is well reported in the thesis

[Alma] So you don't suspect anything has been lost?

[Sanadhil] its possible, but I don'rt see how we could hope to find out.

[Alma] Could the thesis reconstruct the Binding?

[Sanadhil] it did seem a very thorough account

[Sanadhil] we woudl still need someone capable of casting it

[Sanadhil] otherwise it seemed fairly straight forward - just using extra casters to make it more difficult to resist

[Alma] Well, if we have the option of changing the outcome of all of this... perhaps we'll have time to find those who can. I trust the Emperor may be capable. And perhaps it's something that Princess Ilphere may take to?

[Sanadhil] possibly, but I do't think she is quite that advanced a caster

[Sanadhil] She may be able to assist, however

[Alma] Well, we can always hope this won't come to a head in the near future.

  • Alma seems... unconvinced.

[Sanadhil] I was rather hoping there was more to it, myself, but if all we need is one qualified caster...

[Alma] I will hold my optimism in check.

[Sanadhil] that is fair.

[Sanadhil] we still need to locate him, in any case

[Alma] I may have a lead on either Kavreshar or the "red head", of whom Earric spoke. Though to be completely honest I might rather not find Kavreshar myself.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] Yes, but it's all preliminary. I have more investigation to do before I can say for certain.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] if you need any assistance, I am available.... though I understand your feelings on locating kavreshar.

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Alma] I hear the cloak which was wrapped around the Star might be of use there...

[Alma] Something which would counteract attempts to detect scrying, or to scry me in return, would be a considerable relief.

[Sanadhil] in terms of keeping yourself concealed?

[Alma] Indeed.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I would certainly welcome your use of it in that case

[Sanadhil] but i wonder whether he can even be scried

[Sanadhil] if I were him, i wuld take pains to prevent it

[Sanadhil] he no doubt has the resources, or can access them readily enough

[Alma] Well, the individual in question was completely invisible to my scrying... so you're likely correct.

[Sanadhil] what individual?

[Alma] I'm not sure. Possibly Phelix.

[Sanadhil] have you considered other means of watching him?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Yes.

[Alma] I hope to try something a little less remote in the near future :|

[Sanadhil] well, as i say, if I can be of assistance, please let me know

  • Alma nods.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I do think this outbht to be made know to the others as well

[Sanadhil] i think Ilphere was planning to tell mlle. Chanuier, or I'd have done it myself

[Sanadhil] I'm somewhat concerned about her proximity to the Emperor

[Alma] I'll be meeting her in the next few days, and I'll make sure to see if she's been informed already.

[Alma] What for?

[Sanadhil] I meant her presumed 'relationship' with him

[Alma] Relationship? As a court musician?

[Alma] ...

[Sanadhil] no.

[Alma] I don't know of any such "relationship".

[Sanadhil] though I think she is using the pretense to relay information for the Hush...

[Sanadhil] it is still concerning

[Alma] Have you spoken to Ysabeau about this?

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Sanadhil] not about the matter of Kavreshar.... as I said.

[Alma] ...

[Alma] .oO( Well this just does not make sense. )

[Alma] Why would Ysabeau need to do anything on behalf of Maze Olivier?

[Sanadhil] on the behalf of M. Olivier, I rather expect

[Alma] Let alone ... entertain the Emperor.

[Sanadhil] Martan, I mean

[Sanadhil] he *is* also involved with the Hush.

[Alma] Well I suppose if she is in frequent contact with His Majesty then we ought to make sure she's aware of the situation.

  • Sanadhil nods in agreement

[Alma] As much as I cannot think of any reason to question the Emperor's motives, this is certainly a time of... extraordinary events. So if anything else does come to light regarding the Emperor's thesis, I would like to be apprised.

[Sanadhil] of course

[Alma] I suppose he would also be privy to her involvement in ... all of this, that of it which is more public.

[Sanadhil] indeed

  • Alma still doesn't quite find that whole revelation to sit very well with her...

[Sanadhil] thank you for your time, countess

[Alma] Yes, of course. Any time, M. Orecalo.

[Alma] I hope to Commune with Owl again soon... I may have time to ask the question you once suggested.

  • Sanadhil nods, and makes a mental note that Guillame and dom are the only ones that no one has talked to so ar about this

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Sanadhil] excellent

[Alma] Whether the lost angels might be redeemed...

[Alma] I trust you suspect Earric may be one?

[Sanadhil] I'd be interested to hear the reply - and to whatever else you ask that may be of relevance

[Alma] ... or know?

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Sanadhil] I believe it to be true

[Alma] If you think of anything else, feel free to suggest it, even if just by brief letter.

[Sanadhil] I shall, thank you.

  • Sanadhil starts considering @_@
  • Alma will see you out.

[Alma] Ah, give Dozilva my good wishes.

[Sanadhil] Thank you, I will pass them along.


Alma and Owl

  • Alma has set aside time to Commune with Owl, and instructed everyone that she is not to be disturbed.
  • Alma will sit on a mat on the floor, light the incense and concentrate on a silver bowl of holy water...
  • Alma finishes her praying after ten minutes, when it feels right, and begin to ask her questions
  • Alma asks the first one with no small anxiety:

[Alma] 1: Can the end of the Way of the Wheel foretold in Martan's Legend Lore be prevented?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 2: Should the Church of Aveyrone oppose the end of the Way of the Wheel?

[Alma] (er, I meant to ask If OWl wants the church to oppose")

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] (And that's to my corrected question?)

[TheGods] (yes)

  • Alma finds herself momentarily taken off guard, having somewhat given herself up to fatalism.

[Alma] 3: Are Phedre and her inner circle important to the outcome?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 4: Is it your will that the Church oppose the freeing of Emkathon?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 5: Is it your will that the Church support the freeing of Emkathon?

[TheGods] Yes.

  • Alma moves on, for now...

[Alma] 6: Did Matriarch Pasith have a choice in her role, partly residing within the Arch?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 7: It was her choice to stay?

[TheGods] She chose to serve.

  • Alma nods, understanding...

[Alma] 8: Is it your will that the Church support the restoration of the Arch of the Shadow Plane?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 9: Is it your will that the Church support the restoration of the Stars in the Shadow Plane?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 10: Is it your will that the Church support the restoration of the Arch of Aveyrone?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 11: Is it your will that the Church oppose the restoration of the Arch of Aveyrone?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 12: Is it your will that the Church support the waking of the Tal-Antar?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 13: Is it your will that the Church oppose the waking of the Tal-Antar?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 14: Would awakening the Tal-antar bring an end to that plane?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] Does Reverend Mother Esmena still follow the will of Bear?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] (She is order of bear right?)

[TheGods] (yes)

[Alma] 16: Does Bear still grant her his divine favour? (If that's an accurate way to phrase having powers.)

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] Is Sanadhil Orecalo under the influence of Earric Boyne's infernal powers?

[TheGods] Yes.

  • Alma records this last answer and stands to stretch and consider...
  • Alma wonders to herself if there'll ever be a time she doesn't want to ask more questions... and prepares herself to cast again
  • Alma resumes with:

[Alma] 1: Is Sanadhil a member of Phedre's inner circle?

[TheGods] Yes.

  • Alma lets out a sigh, and curses herself for her complacency in yet another thing...

[Alma] 2: Is Princess Ilphere aware of his involvement in the inner circle?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 3: Was your war against the angels necessary?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 4: Was the killing of the angels ... a mistake?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] .oO( I do not understaaaaand. )

[Alma] 5: Was Earric Boyne once an angel?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 6: Can such fallen angels be redeemed by the Seven?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 7: Can they be redeemed by Serpent, or Emkathon?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 8: Was it Serpent's will that Am was destroyed?

[TheGods] Unknown.

[Alma] 9: Is the Patriarch's illness the result of a malicious act?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 10: Is a demon masquerading as the Lord Admiral Metivier?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] ...

[Alma] 11: Is Madelen Levernois a demon?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 12: Is the birth of Ysabeau's child enough to spell the end of the Way of the Wheel?

[TheGods] No.

  • Alma takes a big sigh of relief.

[Alma] 13: Should the Phereia be kept out of the hands of the Order of the Black Down?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 14: Is the Phereia crucial to bringing about an end to the Way of the Wheel?

[TheGods] No.

[Alma] 15: Can Plane Shift access the plane of the Tal-Antar's dream?

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 16: Are souls imperilled with punishment in the plane of evil, as the Revelators say? (If that's how they put it?)

[TheGods] Yes.

[Alma] 17: Is this the will of the Seven?

[TheGods] No.

  • Alma leans over as the divine presence leaves her, resting on her arm tiredly.

[Alma] Two more... I should have asked Ysabeau to come.

Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Sanadhil will stop by her place one afternoon, after researching at Loick's office
  • Dozilva is reading when you arrive.
  • Sanadhil will knock, but let himself in

[Sanadhil] Hello?

  • Dozilva looks up and smiles to see you.

[Dozilva] Good afternoon :)

[Sanadhil] anything good?

  • Sanadhil loks at her book
  • Sanadhil smils andwill come stand behind her

[Dozilva] It is about painting. Maybe I think I might try painting.

[Sanadhil] painting?

[ Sanadhil] interesting

[Sanadhil] you just want to play with the colours

[Dozilva] Maybe :)

  • Sanadhil teases her, running his hand thought her hair for a moment

[Dozilva] But when you mix them all together, it says they just make grey-brown :p

[Sanadhil] (is she au naturel or enhattinated?)

[Sanadhil] sadly, yes...

  • Dozilva is au naturel :)

[Sanadhil] What about somethig else to fill your time?

[Dozilva] Such as what?

  • Sanadhil tightens his grip on her hair just slightly, smiling teasingly, but then lets it go.

[Sanadhil] Actaully, I was speaking earlier with someone who was looking for a librarian.

[Dozilva] Really?

  • Dozilva looks surprised but intrigued.

[Dozilva] Who was this?

[Sanadhil] The court sorcerer - his name is Loick Silveira... he's new to the post

[Sanadhil] and inherited something of a mess from his predecessor

[Dozilva] Hmm. It sounds interesting.

[Dozilva] What sort of mess?

[Sanadhil] a literal one.... rooms of books and scrolls stacked haphazarly everywhere, with no apparent system...

[Sanadhil] I was lucky he was able to find what I was after at all

  • Dozilva frowns.

[Dozilva] Why would someone let that happen? How foolish.

[ Sanadhil] I don't know

[Dozilva] Well, it sounds like he needs help.

[Sanadhil] the previous court sorcerer both died in an an.... incident, anyway, that caused many deaths

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Sanadhil] however, he is a powerful mage.... an abjurer, i think?

[Sanadhil] (is that right?)

[Dozilva] (transmuter)

[Sanadhil] (my bad -_-)

[Sanadhil] no, a transmuter

[Dozilva] (np)

[Sanadhil] in any case, because of his position, I would be concerned about him discovering by accident that you're not from this plane.

  • Dozilva nods.
  • Sanadhil frowns

[Dozilva] Maybe we can just tell him?

[Sanadhil] Possibly, yes...

[Dozilva] Do you think he would be scared about it?

[ Sanadhil] I don't know him very well, but i don't think so

[Sanadhil] he also has a reputation for being very...amorous.

[Sanadhil] ¬_¬

  • Dozilva arches an eyebrow.

[Dozilva] Is he handsome?

[Sanadhil] So i am told ¬_¬

[Dozilva] Hm.

[Dozilva] ...I am still not supposed to seduce people for jobs, right?

[Sanadhil] I would rather you didn't, yes

[Sanadhil] You shouldn't need to.

[Dozilva] Very well, then.

[Sanadhil] . o O (though it mght well still work -_-)

[Dozilva] So we will talk to him?

[ Sanadhil] yes.

[Dozilva] What should I wear?

[Sanadhil] Rather, I think it might be best if I talk to him first, so that if he reacts poorly to the idea, you're...

  • Sanadhil gets derailed by her interjection

[Sanadhil] well.

[Sanadhil] I'd rather speak to him first, but if he seems amenable, then probably anything fairly....fashionable?

  • Dozilva nods.

[Dozilva] I will think about it.

[Sanadhil] about whether you would like to, or what you shoudl wear?

[Dozilva] Thank you :)

[Dozilva] What I should wear.

[Dozilva] I already know I would like to.

  • Sanadhil nods then

[Sanadhil] then I'll speakl to him

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] and now maybe we can find some other way to fill your time... and convince you not to take much interest in handsome court sorcerers...

  • Dozilva laughs.

[Dozilva] I am sure he is not so handsome as you ;)

[Sanadhil] he's a transmuter, he can cheat ;)

  • Sanadhil kisses her though...

[Dozilva] Maybe you will just have to make me believe you are better, then ;)

[Sanadhil] mmhmm...

[Sanadhil] that is the idea.

  • Dozilva seems amenable to being convinced
  • Sanadhil will do his best ^-^