Diablotin 2 session 66

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 66 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: May 1, 2011
Diablotin date: End of Seventh Month


Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] Two weeks have passed since Alma's wedding, and it is now the end of Seventh-month.

[DiablotinNarrator] Announcements in the papers have made you aware (if you were not already) of the engagement of the Treasurer, M. Aden Olivier, to Mlle. Zivia Rademacher, the wedding to be held on the 9th of Tenth-month.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is also report from the palace that Prince Menard and Princess Ilphere are expecting their first child to be born early in the new year.

  • Sanadhil wonders if Zivia is pregnant too Lo

Guillame and Aden

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, Aden invites you and Portia to take an outing to the Eleusinian Museum with him, his mother, and Zivia.

[DiablotinNarrator] Founded over fifty years ago by Prince-Imperial (and Head of the Castalia) Alexior Blessing in memory of his late mother, the museum houses items from the Blessing family's private collection of antiquities, as well as other items of historical importance donated to the institution by other parties.

  • Aden_ draws back to speak with you, as the ladies proceed onwards into the galleries.
  • Guillame hangs back with him

[Aden_] [q] I don't know if there's any point to this, but I thought, if Thea really was here the last time I visited, maybe we'd see her again...

  • Guillame nods

[Guillame] [q] It's work keeping an eye out, certainly

[Aden_] [q] Or else, maybe you'll be able to figure out what she was looking for here... if it really was her.

  • Guillame nods
  • Guillame will start paying much more attention to the other visitors and to anything Thea could have been looking for

[Aden_] Or if not, then at least hopefully we'll all pass a pleasant day together :)

[DiablotinNarrator] The ladies make pleasant conversation as you wander through the rooms and corridors, although Zivia seems perhaps a little bored by looking at old statues and maps and green-tinged copper swords wielded by long-dead warriors.

[DiablotinNarrator] In fact, the museum is quite impressive - it's been quite a few years since you were last here, Guillame, and you had forgotten how extensive its collections were. There are certainly many items here that would be worthy of study... or might attract interest from curious parties.

[Guillame] (Ooo!)

[DiablotinNarrator] Fortunately, it all seems to be well-guarded.

  • Guillame half-heartedly makes a list, while keeping his focus on looking for signs of Thea

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't spot Thea (at least not thus far).

[DiablotinNarrator] At last you reach the high point of the collection, the Chalice of Dawn. The large golden cup is kept by itself in a dimly-lit room, for it sheds a perpetual light. However, it is not without its unsettling qualities.

[DiablotinNarrator] Clutched about the narrowest part of the cup is a withered hand, severed raggedly at the wrist. It is blackened and shriveled with great age, but still holds the cup tightly.

[Guillame] It's fascinating...

[Aden_] Isn't it... eerie, though.

[DiablotinNarrator] The label on the item recounts how it was passed down in the Blessing family from Empress Beata (r. 142-157). It is said that its powers were once much greater than simply shedding light, including the legend that water poured from it could increase the fertility of the land for miles around, heal the sick, and perform other wonders.

[DiablotinNarrator] However, the hand clutching it was that of an evil thief who attempted to steal the cup in order to heal his daughter. Its power slew him, but with his dying breath he uttered a vow that he would never release the chalice until his daughter was restored to him.

[Guillame] [w] I wonder how much of that was true...

[DiablotinNarrator] Since that day, the hand cannot be removed, though it was severed from the thief's body, and the chalice's powers have ceased to function, apart from its ability to shed light.

[Aden_] It's an interesting legend, anyway.

[Guillame] [w] Hrm. Of course, because he is poor and trying to help his daughter, he's an "evil" theif...

[Aden_] Of course...

[Aden_] Maybe they should have tried burying him with his daughter. At least then she would sort of be 'restored' to him :/

[Aden_] Although for all I know, maybe they did try that.

[Guillame] It's a pretty good curse, for a thief.

[Aden_] Yes.. I think people were better at that sort of thing in the olden days.

  • Aden_ says wryly.

[Aden_] Dramatic endings and the like.

[Guillame] People take you seriously when you can glue shrivelled body parts to their silverware.

  • Guillame nods gravely.
  • Aden_ chuckles.

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, something about this is nagging at your memory. You can't quite place it, but it reminds you of something.

[DiablotinNarrator] Something from your time in the dream-realm, you think.

[Aden_] [q] Anyway... I suppose if it could be made to work again, it would be something she would be interested in - it would obviously help a lot of people.

[Aden_] [q] Maybe even help end the food shortages.

  • Guillame tries to remember, pushing past his distaste for those particular memories.

[DiablotinNarrator] (you can make an Int check)

  • Guillame rolls 1d20+2: (3)+ 2 = 5

[Guillame] (Whee!)

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh)

[DiablotinNarrator] Nope, maybe it will come to you later.

[DiablotinNarrator] The ladies have wandered on to other exhibits, leaving you and Aden to follow.

[Aden_] [q] At least.. I hope that she would be looking for something to do good. But...?

[Guillame] [q] I hope so too. I can't help but be a bit paranoid though, that if she's alive she's in it with him, or that there's something else going on entirely.

[Aden_] [q] What sort of something else?

[Guillame] [q] I don't know. Like, if he's not... that... at all, and someone else is doing it all...

  • Aden_ nods slowly.

[Aden_] [w] Or if he... it.. can take different shapes, and now it's using hers... -_-

  • Aden_ shudders at that thought.

[Guillame] [q] Yeah, that crossed my mind as well

  • Aden_ sighs.

[Aden_] We should probably catch up with the ladies.

[Guillame] [q] Yes, I suppose we should

[DiablotinNarrator] You do so, and proceed through the remainder of the museum, not spotting Thea in the crowds.

  • Guillame is both disappointed and relieved


Ysabeau and Martan

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, Martan joins you for dinner at your house this evening.

  • Ysabeau has been throwing herself into her Castalia final project of late, acutely conscious of a looming deadline in First Month. And so she has somewhat less free time than she did before.
  • Ysabeau has done what she could to make free time to spend with Martan and Murienne, though. :)
  • Martan brings in dinner, so that you don't have to cook :)

[Ysabeau] Oh, bless you.

  • Ysabeau kisses him and helps him bring whatever he brought in.

[Ysabeau] (Is Muri away this evening?)

  • Martan smiles, putting down the pies from the shop around the corner.

[DiablotinNarrator] (she is busy studying, let's say)

  • Ysabeau puts him to work helping her toss together a salad to accompany the meat pies.
  • Martan will help out, of course.
  • Ysabeau sets the table for two, then and enjoys dinner with him.
  • Martan makes casual conversation during dinner, trying to help you relax after a busy day.
  • Ysabeau is pretty relaxed by the end of the meal, then, and leads him in to the parlour so they can sit together on the sofa instead of across from each other at the table.
  • Martan joins you.

[Martan] I brought something else for you, too.

[Ysabeau] More than pie? ^_^

[Martan] Hopefully even better.

  • Martan takes a small box out of his pocket and offers it to you.

[Ysabeau] Oh...

  • Ysabeau smiles at him before opening it up carefully.

[DiablotinNarrator] Inside is a gold ring with a small green stone.

[Ysabeau] It's lovely. It matches your eyes.

  • Martan watches your reaction to see if you like it.
  • Ysabeau seems to definitely like it, maybe she even seems a bit overwhelmed.

[Martan] Try it, make sure it fits...

  • Ysabeau nods, slipping it on without DMing it first because why shouldn't she trust him? ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] It fits quite well, and looks lovely :)

  • Ysabeau admires it on her finger for a moment, trying to absorb that she is really going to be married, before she pulls him close for a hug.
  • Martan hugs you back.

[Martan] So... have you thought about when you'd like to actually do this?

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] I was wondering the same.

[Ysabeau] Probably before the baby?

[Martan] I think that would be a good idea.

[Martan] So I guess we have... about five months?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] I don't know whether you want a big ceremony or just something small - smaller would probably be easier to organize quickly, if that's what you'd prefer.

[Ysabeau] I don't really want anything big.

[Ysabeau] I mean, who would we invite? How would we afford it?

[Martan] I'm sure we could find a way... but probably there are more important things for us to spend our money on.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I was even thinking of eloping. But I don't know. I guess I'd kind of like to have Muri, Hettie and Merrow there, and some of my friends.

[Ysabeau] But if Ilphere is one of the friends can we do something small? I mean, she's a princess and all.

[Martan] I don't really know.

[Ysabeau] I don't either.

[Martan] As long as you're there, I'll be happy. But I could invite my parents, and maybe a few friends... nothing too elaborate, that's fine with me.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Let's go with small, then. :)

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] I'll ask Ilphere if she would want to come if it's not something big and elaborate.

[Martan] Good idea.

[Ysabeau] Actually, that brings up something else I should probably discuss with you.

[Martan] Oh?

[Ysabeau] Muri knows, of course. And I had to tell Sister Alma the other day.

[Ysabeau] But who else should we tell? How much should we tell them?

  • Martan nods.

[Martan] Well, it will probably be hard to hide before too much longer.... you're already looking a little more, uh, cuddly :)

  • Ysabeau grins and squirms closer to cuddle him as they talk.

[Martan] I don't think too many people need to know about the Legend Lore, if that's what you're thinking of. If there is anyone you trust, and you think they could help figure it out, then of course you can tell them.

[Ysabeau] I was thinking of the Legend Lore, yes.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] People are already wondering why I felt anything at the Temple.

[Martan] Well, if you feel like you have to tell them, if they're suspicious of you or something otherwise, then I suppose it's all right.

[Ysabeau] You're sure?

  • Martan shrugs.

[Ysabeau] I don't want to make things harder for you.

[Martan] We don't even know what it really means.

[Martan] I can hardly be embarrassed about something that I don't really understand.

  • Martan says with a slight smile.
  • Ysabeau tips her head up so she can look at him, and strokes his hair.

[Ysabeau] Are you frightened, at all?

[Martan] I'm... anxious, I suppose. Because of the uncertainty of what it all means.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] Are you?

[Ysabeau] A little, maybe? Maybe not. It's complicated...

[Ysabeau] I was scared, before I told you...

[Ysabeau] I wasn't sure how you'd react, me telling you we're one step down that path suggested by the Legend Lore already.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] I'm not scared about having a baby.

[Ysabeau] I am scared of what it might signify for you, though.

[Martan] I guess I feel to some extent like... whatever's going to happen, is going to happen. There's not much point in getting all upset before that.

[Martan] I mean, we tried to be careful, and this happened anyway. If it's meant to be... if the gods have some kind of plan... then who am I to fight it?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I understand what you mean, and admire you... That's part of why I am not as scared as I could be, I suppose... because of how you are taking it.

[Ysabeau] If there was a way to fight it, would you?

[Martan] Only if I knew I would win.

[Martan] Or at least, was reasonably sure :)

[Martan] Getting into a losing fight is a bad idea. Learned that much from Maze, anyway.

[Ysabeau] Oh, sounds like there's a story here...

[Martan] Well, look at where he is... it's not a good position.

[Martan] Make your peace with the way things have to be, work within the system instead of against it, and you probably live a longer, happier life.

[Ysabeau] Are you worried about him?

[Martan] More than I am about myself.

[Ysabeau] :/

[Ysabeau] I wish Marl would give me an answer for him.

[Martan] Hopefully he will soon.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Martan embraces you again.

[Ysabeau] I'll come as soon as I have anything. You'll tell him that?

[Martan] Of course.

  • Ysabeau makes the most of her evening with her love.


Dominik and Sydona

[DiablotinNarrator] Dominik, you arrive home one evening to find your mother sitting in one of the parlours, weeping.

  • Dominik frowns and approaches

[Dominik] Mother?

  • Sydona starts as you speak, and wipes her face.

[Sydona] Oh, Dominik... I didn't hear you come in.

  • Sydona has a bottle of wine beside her, which is mostly empty.

[Dominik] Has something happened?

[Sydona] No...

[Sydona] It's just that everyone's leaving, or already left...

[Dominik] That is what is bothering you? Your children are growing up and leaving?

[Sydona] Soon I'll be alone.

[Sydona] Zivia will be married in a few months, and she'll be gone, off to the palace or wherever they'll be living...

[Sydona] Jarvis told me today he's leaving the city. He wants to travel, he says. I have no idea what for.

[Sydona] And Theron...

  • Sydona begins to cry harder.

[Dominik] Please, you knew we would be moving on... it was bound to happen.

[Sydona] I know, but ... not like this! That girl is taking advantage of him, manipulating him...

[Sydona] She's talked him somehow into *marrying* her!

[Dominik] Now that is a surprise. I never figured her to be so clever of Theron to be so... human.

[Sydona] He's not... not himself, and she's probably just using him to get to his money...

  • Sydona dabs at her eyes.

[Dominik] He will do what he will do, and being upset about it won't change anything.

[Sydona] It's not too late to say that he was mad when she convinced him, that he isn't in his right mind and can't agree to such a contract.

[Sydona] But... I don't know.

[Dominik] If he is not in his right mind protesting like that will just drive him further away.

[Dominik] But if that's what you want to do.

  • Dominik shrugs

[Sydona] I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not.

[Sydona] Have you seen them together? Do you think he's really... happy with her?

[Dominik] I've seen them together, but who am I to judge such things.

[Dominik] especially about Theron.

[Sydona] I just thought you might... I don't know.

[Sydona] You're all I have left, you're my baby. And you'll probably be gone soon too.

[Dominik] We will always be around mother... and there is always grandchildren too.

[Sydona] Oh yes... those... Theron's girl is expecting, after all ;_;

[Dominik] You already have a granddaughter, or have you chosen to forget that fact.

[Sydona] ... I don't know. I...

[Sydona] I'm sorry, my darling. I have to tell you something.

  • Sydona takes another drink, just to steady her nerves or something.

[Dominik] oh?

[Sydona] ...There were others. He... he might have been your father, but ... he might not have. I think he is, because you look more like him than any of the others, but... I can't be sure.

[Dominik] what? Others?

[Dominik] You should explain yourself

[Sydona] I don't know what there is to explain. I slept with other men.

[Sydona] And if you wanted to marry that girl, I would stand up before the courts and swear that Alestin wasn't your father. Only if that was what you wanted.

[Dominik] After all that I went throught and all the confusion NOW you tell me this?

[Dominik] Who the VOID else could it have been?

[Sydona] I ... I was so upset when I heard, and he said it must be true, and I thought it probably was, and I just... I didn't want you to think your mother was a whore :/

[Dominik] You were worried that I would think worse of you at the time?

[Sydona] And *if* it was true - and it could be - I thought you needed to know that.

[Dominik] Then tell me who? Don't let me wander blindly into another relationship with my potential half sister who may not be my half sister.

[Sydona] [q] Jovien Escalera... and, there was a coachman, I think his name was Terris or Terrin or something like that...

[Dominik] The Damned Count of Dymera... I fucking new it.

[Sydona] Why? How?

[Dominik] Oh I ran into him at Sister Alma wedding. He had such lovely things to say about you. I had hoped to bump into him in some allyway in the future and clarify my displeasure with him.

[Sydona] ...

[Sydona] Don't do anything foolish, please?

[Sydona] ...I don't *think* it was the coachman. He had blond hair...

[Dominik] Do something foolish? I seem to blindly walk into foolishness...

[Sydona] It's all my fault :/

[Dominik] Oh lets see the foolishness... my daughter MIGHT be the child of my half sister or not... and the woman I'm involved with now had an affair with the man you Might be my father, but was diffinitly with my mother...

[Dominik] I should turn this into a play... I don't know if I should make it a tragedy or a comedy.

  • Sydona manages a laugh through her tears.

[Sydona] It's ridiculous... I don't even know what to think anymore.

[Sydona] All I can say is, I'm sorry. I'm sorry things I did when I was young and lonely and foolish have hurt you so much.

[Dominik] I'm sorry the man you married left you so hurt and lonely you would do such things.

[Dominik] Goodnite Mother.... I need to be alone for a while.

[Sydona] Good night, my dear. I'm sorry.

  • Sydona returns to her drinking alone, then.


Seth, Alma and Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, Alma, and Sanadhil, you return to the Nine Elms temple in order to conduct further exploration of its mysterious crypt and whatever lies below.

  • Alma is already at the church when you two arrive, as she decided to arrive early and do some work beforehand.
  • Sanadhil arrives at the appointed hour, dressed elf casual for exploration :3
  • Seth arrives early also, hoping to check out some of the architectural features of the new temple.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth and San, the feelings are about the same as last time, you think.

  • Alma gave Seth a tour of the church's upper area while we waited for Sanadhil to arrive.

[Seth] I have learned much about this place since last we spoke.

[Seth] It is ... most fascinating.

[Alma] It is?

[Seth] Indeed.

[Seth] Like many temples, this one was built on the site of an earlier one.

[Seth] This temple was built, perhaps around 1120, but an earlier temple was here for centuries before that.

[Seth] But the crypt is older still.

  • Sanadhil enters and sees the two of you talking, and smiles in greeting

[Seth] I believe it pre-dates the founding of the Empire!

  • Seth declaims melodramatically!
  • Alma nods, not entirely surprised.

[Sanadhil] by how much?

[Seth] That is difficult to say, given how little we know of the architecture of the pre-Imperial period.

[Sanadhil] but it isn't similar, say, to the buidings we saw in Saraknyel]

[Sanadhil] ?

[Alma] I was just thinking that perhaps examining the architecture in the Shadow Plane might provide historians with a perspective on evaluating pre-Imperial structures.

[Seth] Indeed, I agree.

[Alma] Is there anything of particular note about the previous temple?

[Seth] Indeed there is. The previous temple, which, let us call the first Wheel temple, is not well-known and seems to have been unnamed but the sources describe a location therein called the 'odyton' beneath it.

[Seth] As you know, this means 'enter not' in Archaic Aveyronnais.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] h,mmm

[Seth] The sources are vague but I do wonder whether this is an early reference to the crypt.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] or whatever lies within it...

[Alma] So you believe this temple is the FIRST of the Aveyronnais temples?

[Seth] I believe the early Imperial temple is the first, and that Nine Elms, which, incidentally, was not originally called by that name but the Furrow Lane temple, is the second.

[Alma] I see...

[Sanadhil] Ipresume there arn't any reports about this...strangeness?

  • Alma looks about, still finding it hard to believe this very normal temple is sitting on the remains of the second oldest.

[Seth] The older pre-Imperial structure may or may not have been a temple.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] I have been unable to find any reference to the strange sensations I and others have experienced.

[Alma] I haven't heard of any sort of reason to avoid the church, which you would think would arise if a number of the population experience a disturbing sensation.

[Alma] No rumours of haunting or the like...

[Seth] And yet, I feel them still, today. I would be very interested to know who else has felt them - surely in such a public place others have.

[Sanadhil] that depends on the cause, I suspect

[Seth] I suppose so.

[Alma] I tried a Silence spell, to see if it would counteract the effect, since you hear it as a whining, but Ysabeau said it was unaffected.

[Alma] Though I could try again with you both, if you would like.

[Seth] In any case, the fissure or chasm that we discovered is not part of the original edifice, but an apparently natural formation. It could, if disrupted, say, by an earthquake, cause considerable damage to the temple above.

[Sanadhil] It is not a sound for me either, though it would be interesting to see if it did have any effect for M. argo

[Alma] If you are alright with that, Mr. Argo?

[Seth] I suppose so. You will then immediately dispel it?

[Alma] I will cast it upon an item which we can leave behind.

[Seth] Very well.

  • Alma withdraws a coloured pebble from her sack and casts Silence on it.
  • Alma looks to Sanadhil and Seth to see if they appear to be reacting to a change.
  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, the 'sound' continues unabated, though of course everything else is silent.

  • Alma nods and will take the pebble over and set it at the bottom of the stairs to the balcony area.
  • Alma returns, her footsteps making sound again once she gets about 20' from the pebble.

[Seth] No effect as far as I can tell.

[Alma] Yes, I am not surprised.

[Sanadhil] indeed...

[Sanadhil] Should we proceed below, then?

[Alma] Shall we... yes.

[Seth] Agreed.

  • Sanadhil nods and gestures for Alma to go ahead - its her church ;p
  • Alma opens the door to the crypt and gestures you both through. She affixes a sign to the door to indicate it is closed for the moment.

[Alma] If we're going to open up the hole, I wouldn't want anyone to come down and have an accident.

[DiablotinNarrator] As before, San and Seth, the sensations increase somewhat as you go down into the crypt.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Alma seems not to notice any change, as she doesn't :3
  • Sanadhil takes out a little vial of something and swallows it once we reach the area where the fisure is concealed

[Alma] I have examined the area for magic, spirits, invisibility, and so on, but have found nothing.

[Seth] Before we go through, would you like me to inspect the area remotely?

[Alma] Go through?

[Alma] I thought we were merely examining it.

[Seth] Ahh, well ... we already examined it last time. You were preoccupied.

[Sanadhil] Ahh... I had thought the two to be the same.

[Sanadhil] A more thorough examination, if you will...

  • Alma frowns a little, but considers.

[Alma] Alright.

[Alma] Yes, I thought it would make sense if you could see if your powers would allow you to see far beyond the floor.

[Seth] I will try.

[Alma] I'm not sure if I would be able to teleport us below, as the "bottom" is quite a vague location.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] It *may* work however, and I can do that without scrambling our bones.

[Sanadhil] I have a spell we can use to climb safely... as well as rope

  • Seth stands still for a moment in concentration.

[Alma] I will open the floor once oyu have verified there are no particular surprises on the other side.

  • Sanadhil stands quietly, waitinf for Seth's assessment

[Seth] The bottom of the chasm has a hard floor. There is little to see in the immediate vicinity, which is all I can see, but possibly some light at the edge, suggesting a tunnel ... perhaps even an occupied tunnel? But that is all very unclear.

[Alma] How far down?

[Sanadhil] I wondered if there might be a connection to the undercity...

[Seth] That, I cannot say. I can only see around ten feet in any direction from the spot I am perceiving, so ... more than ten feet down, but how much more, I cannot say.

[Alma] Well, now that we have confirmed a location, I could teleport us directly.

[Seth] Certainly, if you think that simplest.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Alma] It would... only interfere with ... my ability to scry, or purge invisibility, which I imagine to be unnecessary today, so that is likely easiest.

[Alma] Should I leave the floor solid?

[Sanadhil] that should be fine

[Alma] If you aren't concerned I'll be incapacitated :)

[Sanadhil] I believe we are all capable of exricating ourselves if necessary

[Seth] Yes, of course.

[Alma] Alright then, gather 'round.

  • Sanadhil gathers
  • Alma raises her hands to touch each of you on the upper arm as she chants Greater Teleport
  • Alma focuses on the location Seth described.

[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive in a dark, narrow, uncomfortably warm space. You are surrounded by the smell of... flowers? There is a faint glow in a few spots on the walls, possibly from some luminscent worm or fungus.

[Alma] How surprisingly fragrant.

[Sanadhil] (is it enough for me to see by?)

  • Alma will cast light on a pebble.

[DiablotinNarrator] The ringing sound is louder here, Seth, and comes in waves, like pulses. You can't shake the feeling you're inside a heart.

[Seth] It is as if we are ... in the heart of the city, or ... oh, this is most odd ...

[DiablotinNarrator] San, the chill you feel somewhat counteracts the warmth of the crevice, and leaves your hair feeling as though it's standing on end.

  • Sanadhil absently runs a hand through his hair

[DiablotinNarrator] Each of you also begins to feel a tingling in your fingers, your toes...

[Alma] (Alma as well?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes, all of you)

  • Sanadhil looks at his hands

[Alma] Oh...

[Sanadhil] How strange...

[Alma] I feel *that*.

[Sanadhil] yes....

  • Sanadhil shivers

[Alma] I'm ... somewhat afraid to try to detect magic.

[DiablotinNarrator] It's exciting! It's strange, but that doesn't seem to matter so much... You all feel a slight but increasing sense of euphoria.

[Alma] (IS this in line with an abundance of positive energy?)

[DiablotinNarrator] The crevice continues for some distance beyond where your light reaches.

  • Sanadhil casts arcane sight

[DiablotinNarrator] (Alma - k: arcane?)

[Alma] (Sure.)

[Alma] (or planes?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (which is higher for you?)

[Alma] (Planes)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, you can roll that)

[Alma] (39)

[Alma] Do you see anything, Sanadhil?

[DiablotinNarrator] (Alma - the positive sensations could be in line with that, and the pleasant smells. The tingling... that's sort of weird and unexpected, you think.)

[Sanadhil] (do I?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (I'm getting to it! give me a second :P)

  • Seth casts detect poison

[Alma] I think some of the effects could be positive energy, the ... you feel it, the exhiliration? The smells too, from what I recall.

  • Sanadhil will also cast detect thoughts

[Alma] I'm not sure about the tingling... that seems strange. Perhaps it's some sort of regenerating quality? I am not hurt though.

[DiablotinNarrator] San, you can detect - out of line of sight, but within range of your spell - a strong magical aura.

[Sanadhil] there is a string magical aura... that way

[Sanadhil] (strong)

  • Sanadhil points
  • Alma also checks for evil -_-

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, this area is poisonous. You can roll Wis to determine what kind.

[Seth] (nope)

[DiablotinNarrator] (or if you have Alchemy you can rol that but I don't think you do)

[Seth] Something here is poisonous! I suspect this to be the cause of these sensations!

[Alma] Oh great...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] That makes sense.

[DiablotinNarrator] (anyone with Alchemy?)

[Sanadhil] (not unless I can access Sen Brain ;)

[Alma] (Nope, just Heal.)

[Sanadhil] (unless it is directly reminiscent of any of his drugs)

[DiablotinNarrator] (hey, you might be having a hard time accessing your brain atm ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] (not really, no)

[Sanadhil] (didn't think so)

  • Alma attempts to cast Neutralize Poison on herself.

[Sanadhil] We should... hurry?

[Sanadhil] ahead.

[DiablotinNarrator] Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be immediately fatal... yet?

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[DiablotinNarrator] San - detect thoughs only reveals your companions, if you can sense them.

[Sanadhil] (okay)

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma - Detect Evil reveals no evil in the range of the spell.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, when you cast Neutralize Poison, you can still smell the flowery scent, but the tingling in your extremities stops.

[Alma] Ah, yes the tingling is the poison.

[Sanadhil] ahh.

  • Alma casts Delay Poison on Sanadhil and Seth.

[Sanadhil] its tolerable..

[Alma] Who knows what effect it might have over time. This will delay the poison in your system until we get out.

[Alma] And then I can clear it properly.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Seth] All right, let's carry onward.

[Alma] Just don't go home without seeing me first :)

[Alma] Yes, certainly.

[Sanadhil] Of course.

  • Sanadhil says to both, and will press forward towards he big magic-y thing

[DiablotinNarrator] San and Seth, you feel strange sensations continue despite Alma's spell. The euphoria, and you start to have ...hallucinations? visions?

[Sanadhil] I don't sense any other minds in here...

[Sanadhil] I..

[Alma] Yes?

[Sanadhil] I thought I saw something, but it disappeared immediately...

[Seth] I see ... something ... as well.

[Alma] The tingling has stopped though?

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes)

[Sanadhil] yes.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you keep thinking about basements, and hearts, and veins, and this is like a vein in the city, an artery, and it leads to the heart, and the basement, the best things are always in basements...

[Seth] Yes ... but this feels ... so GOOD!

[Sanadhil] mm.

[Seth] We are coursing through the very veins of the city, towards its eternal heart.

[Sanadhil] Emkathon...

[Seth] There is no doubt, this is ... remarkable!

[DiablotinNarrator] San, you are a balance between light and dark, law and chaos. When they meet, the world always changes. And change can be good, or can be evil, and when good and evil meet, the world always changes, and change can be ...

[Sanadhil] Everything is changing... @_@

[Alma] Are you two... alright?

  • Alma watches the two to see if they are actually OK to continue on.
  • Sanadhil mutters quietly

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Sanadhil] That is how it is supposed to be.

  • Sanadhil keeps moving @_@

[Alma] I'm not so sure that's a good idea, M. Orecalo.

  • Alma will reach out to set her hand on his shoulder.

[Alma] I'm not sure the poison hasn't affected you.

[Sanadhil] No...

[Alma] Let's just go back to the bottom of the shaft to see if you're alright.

[Sanadhil] Something else

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] It;s not the *same* thing, no @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] You can all, even Alma, see a glow up ahead, that seems brighter than the fungus.

  • Alma will step in front of Sanadhil.
  • Sanadhil steps around her

[Sanadhil] don't you see?

[Sanadhil] There is no *stability* in the center, only balance @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, the ringing pulses in your ears, so loudly you can hardly hear anyone else.

[Seth] We must seek out the source.

[Sanadhil] its so clear

  • Seth walks towards it.
  • Alma darts out in front of the two and casts Wall of Stone to block them.

[Sanadhil] Changing again

[Alma] Yes, I changed things. Now let's go back and you can change your mind about this.

  • Seth slips into the wal.

[Sanadhil] (lets wait 'til julie i off the phone)

[Seth] (she is off the phone)

[Seth] (+l)

  • Sanadhil casts greater dispell :V

[Alma] (Doesn't affect it.)

[Alma] Well bugger.

  • Sanadhil looks at you confused, then will cast swift etherealness to pass through @_@

[Alma] Well there goes that.

  • Seth will try to go through it, and then, if that doesn't work, then under it or around it.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - the crevice continues up a long way - Alma can't possibly extend her spell upwards that far

[DiablotinNarrator] So you could go up, over, and down the other side if you want.

  • Seth will do that

[DiablotinNarrator] All right, so both Seth and San are through...

[DiablotinNarrator] And very near the... heart, the source, the core....

  • Alma casts Dimension Door to go through her own wall -_-
  • Sanadhil is muttering to himself quietly.... so Seth probably can't hear me :D

[DiablotinNarrator] You catch a glimpse in the darkness ahead of a glowing sphere, colours swirling into white. It is about the size of a clenched fist, pulses, and from it comes a high-pitched sound that seems to resonate inside your heads.

[DiablotinNarrator] And that's all you're able to see or hear, before you are struck both blind and deaf.

[Sanadhil] beautiful....changing...colours @_@

[Sanadhil] :Hello:?

[Sanadhil] :Everything changed again now it is the darkness....:

  • Seth stands still, waiting for the next thing to happen.

[Alma] Are you two alright?

[DiablotinNarrator] Well, Seth, you can 'hear' San's voice in your head.

  • Sanadhil moves forward even though he can't actually se anymore, rowards where the ball was

[Seth] (can I respond?)

[Sanadhil] (yes)

[Seth] :Hello?:

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma too, probably, as she approaches.

  • Alma tries to step in front of Sanadhil again.
  • Sanadhil does not appear to see you @_@

[Seth] :All has turned to null, no sight nor sound where once there was only joy:

[Sanadhil] :There is still joy

[Sanadhil] :perhaos that is all

  • Sanadhil may wond up touching Alma inappropriately, groping for the orb :V

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you come up a few moments later and find them standing, blindly feeling around. You also see the glowing sphere, and... then nothing. Darkness, silence.

[Sanadhil] :hello @_@

[Alma] .oO( Shit. )

[DiablotinNarrator] You can hear San's voice in your head, though.

[Alma] Sanadhil?

  • Sanadhil casts locate object, and teh locate creature o emkaton :D

[Seth] :What is happening?:

[Sanadhil] :Yes

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, hang on

[DiablotinNarrator] (when blind and deaf, you have penalties to casting, so I have to roll for you ;)

[Sanadhil] :Its too much for us, too much change, too much power....

[Sanadhil] (I can silent and still cast, which should negate?)

  • Seth will attempt to use clairvoyance on the area right in front of us.

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, that would.. it's only a 20% failure chance on spells with verbal components, so you can take the chance or use silent)

[Sanadhil] (okay - also i only actually have locate creature)

  • Alma tries to respond as if it's a sending... :Sanadhil, are you ok? I am blind... and deaf, I think."

[Sanadhil] :yes, everything is quiet and dark:

[DiablotinNarrator] Locate creature: You can sense her. She's right ahead of you.

[Sanadhil] :It is very calming. everything is so peaceful. i'm trying to find her..:

  • Sanadhil will go to where the spell says and try to pick her up

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you can clairvoy the area, and see your friends and the beautiful glowing sphere again.

[Seth] :is it ... Emkathon?:

[Sanadhil] :yes:

  • Alma tries to think of how to get the two under control...

[Seth] :she is so beautiful:

[Sanadhil] :Yes!:

[Alma] :Are you talking to Seth?

  • Seth moves towards the sphere once again, slowly.

[Sanadhil] :yes.:

[DiablotinNarrator] San - the ball is hovering in midair, about chest height. You can try to touch it...

  • Sanadhil will

[Alma] :Try to find me, I can get us out of here..."

  • Sanadhil thinks at the sphere

[Sanadhil] :can you hear me? There is someone who needs to change agin...

[Sanadhil] :Good, evil, good...

[Alma] :Sanadhil, what are you doing?

[DiablotinNarrator] San, your fingers touch the surface, and it's cold, and it burns, and it feels wonderful all at once. It's smooth and rough and yielding and hard as glass, and it sits at the fulcrum and you can feel that it loves you, even you.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can't move it, though.

  • Sanadhil cries out even though no oe car hear him, and cries

[Sanadhil] :She... she can't come. but she loves us so very very much.

[Alma] :Sanadhil!:

  • Alma struggles to find them in the darkness.

[Seth] :It is right for it to be so.:

  • Sanadhil hugs the sphere.... it burns so wonderfull, Dozilva would like that @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] It beats against you like a severed heart.

[Sanadhil] :I'm so sorry:

[Seth] :We will find a way. We must find a way to bring her with us:

  • Alma curses as she flails blindly.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you make contact with Seth.

  • Alma casts Neutralize Poison immediately.

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, rolling 20% failure chance - below 20 will be fail)

[Sanadhil] :You're not meant to stay.,. you're meant to change too, in time..

[DiablotinNarrator] Ok, Alma, you neutralize Seth's poison, you think.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - you feel your head clearing, though you can still feel some lingering aftereffects, smell the beautiful flowers that don't exist...

  • Alma will try to move along until she has him by the hand.

[Sanadhil] :Good, and evil, and good....

[Seth] :It's going away, can you feel that?:

[Sanadhil] :No, she's still here. Static. So wrong...

  • Alma squeezes his hand once she has it, and begins to look around for Sanadhil, trying to bring Seth with her.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth's clairvoyance can get you to him easily, if he so desires.

  • Seth will let himself be pulled along.

[Sanadhil] :Come see her...:

[Alma] Oh you bugger.

  • Alma casts Greater Scrying on herself.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can locate San, then, embracing the sphere...

  • Sanadhil strokes the orb comfortingly, thinking reassuring thoughts.
  • Alma tries to move herself based on what she sees, like some sort of screwed up puppet act.
  • Alma assumes from Seth's slightly less retarded demeanour that removing the poison worked, and will cast Neutralize Poison as soon

as she contacts with Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] San, you feel your head clearing somewhat, but you can still feel that love, radiating into you, and it's very, very hard to let it go...

  • Alma tries to pull Sanadhil away gently by the shoulder.

[Sanadhil] :I... I am sorry

  • Sanadhil still casts remove curse?

[DiablotinNarrator] on what?

[Sanadhil] (still/silent)

[Sanadhil] :A moment, Countess...

[Alma] :No, I'm sorry. I should have removed the poison in the first place.

[Alma] :What are you casting?

[DiablotinNarrator] You can roll your caster level check, San.

[Sanadhil] :break enchantment

[DiablotinNarrator] No change, San.

  • Alma supposes if we're calm enough to start casting things...
  • Alma closes her eyes and casts Remove Blindness.

[Alma] (on herself)

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you remove your blindness.

[DiablotinNarrator] Roll 1d20 please

[Alma] (6)

  • Alma peeks through her lids away from the orb.

[DiablotinNarrator] You manage to avoid looking back at the ball and blinding yourself again.

[Alma] :Well I can remove our blindness. Look away from the orb.

[Seth] (I can't hear you!)

[Alma] (I'm talking to Sanadhil anyway :P)

  • Alma attempts to teleport us to the surface.

[Alma] :Agh! My incantation failed.

[Alma] :Are we ready to go Sanadhil?

[Sanadhil] :I ...don't want to leave her....

[Alma] :I don't think it's going anywhere.

[Sanadhil] :...I know

[Alma] :So tell Seth to get ready to go. I need him to be willing in order to get us out of here.

  • Sanadhil telepathically promises he sphere who probably can't hear her that he will come back ;_;

[Sanadhil] :Mr Argo, the countess is preparing to evacuate us...

[Seth] :Yes ... I suppose ...:

[Alma] :Ready?

  • Alma prepares to cast Word of Recall
  • Alma stomps her foot in frustration
  • Alma tries again!
  • Alma arrives with her two blinded companions in the entryway of her home.
  • Sanadhil tries to dry his eyes, though he still can't see

[DiablotinNarrator] All right... let's wrap up there, assuming you can get them unblinded and, if you have enough spells, undeafened.

[Sanadhil] (clean up the blubbering, etc)

[Sanadhil] :Where are we?

[Sanadhil] (okay we can pick up later :)


Seth, Alma and Sanadhil

  • Alma removes her hand from Seth as his voice returns.

[Alma] That should be everything...

[Sanadhil] (i assume you did me first then?)

[Alma] (Yeah that's what I was aiming for :P)

[Alma] Would you both like to sit down for a few minutes?

[Seth] Well ... well.

  • Seth sits down.
  • Sanadhil runs his fingers through his hair again, trying to straighten i, wishing he had Dozilva's handy little spell
  • Alma leads us to a sitting room rather than the entry way for sitting down.
  • Sanadhil eyes are probably still puffy,, and he is pribably already sitting
  • Sanadhil follows Alma, rather, and will sit as soon as is proper

[Seth] No one can know about this.

[Sanadhil] Why?

[Seth] Unless I am gravely mistaken, M. Orecalo, we were in the presence of Emkathon.

  • Seth 's hands are shaking.

[Sanadhil] we were - we certainly were.

[Alma] Well certainly Laeken shouldn't learn about our expedition without some sort of insurance...

[Sanadhil] I used a spell to locate her.

  • Sanadhil looks to Alma

[Seth] Pardon? I don't understand.

[Sanadhil] That is absoluetly certain

[Sanadhil] When we were blind, below.

[Sanadhil] I used a location spell to find the orb... only I cast it on Emkathon.

[Sanadhil] it was her

[Seth] Ah, I see.

[Seth] I cannot see who can possibly be told about this safely.

[Sanadhil] the princess....

[Sanadhil] all those who were with us in the crypt will want to know what was there

[Seth] We could, of course, tell them that nothing of interest was there. Or ... anything, except what was actually there.

[Alma] I'm not sure that leaving Emkathon there unprotected is a good idea.

[Sanadhil] Telling and convincing are different matters

[Sanadhil] She's still imprisoned.

[Alma] Yes, I noticed.

[Seth] She seems to have done well enough for herself these past 2000 years.

[Sanadhil] which means that she is to some measure protected, save for against very powerful magics

[Sanadhil] and as we experienced, there are other protections at work as well

[Alma] I'm fairly certain what we experienced is merely incidental.

[Sanadhil] even so

[Sanadhil] your stone wall remains in place also

[Seth] Anyone who is told anything about this is in grave peril. We need to be very aware of that fact.

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Alma] Yes but to undo the Imprisonment one merely needs to be at the spot where it was performed. Presumably this is directly above the orb.

[Seth] What is needed, to undo an imprisonment?

[Sanadhil] a Freedom spell

[Alma] A powerful arcanist would be necessary.

[Sanadhil] it is very powerful magic

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] (Julie, do I know, or is there anythig I can roll to see if I know, what casters are around who might be able to cast somethig that high?)

[Seth] Let me ask it differently then. Let us presume for a moment that we might need to tell M. Rionet and Mlle. Chanuier and the princess. I agree that might be necessary.

[Sanadhil] Because of the nature of arcane learning, sorcerers are very limited in the spells of that level they can know....

[Sanadhil] it is not *likelY8 that anyone in the city has it researched

[Seth] I will have to trust your word on that fact.

[Seth] I am very concerned that someone would attempt to release her in a dangerous way or for ill ends ... perhaps the Black Down cult ...

  • Sanadhil considers

[Curtana] (you would imagine Vianca could. possibly Cunningham, possibly someone else at the Castalia. Possibly Theonee. Certainly there are others San doesn't know. But as to whether any of them would know it... unlikely?)

  • Seth glances over at San fleetingly.

[Alma] It's possible however that it may be known to summoned outsiders. For example, what if this demonic scribe you spoke of is a wizard.

[Sanadhil] I'm fairly sure there are no casters that accomplished among them....

[Sanadhil] but Mme Belden may be able to cast it. She's powerful enough.

  • Sanadhil nods]

[Sanadhil] I don't know the abilities of every caster in the city, certainly

[Sanadhil] it woudl be easier for a Wizard, absolutely

[Seth] What advantage would accrue to us from telling others? The risks are obvious.

[Sanadhil] or with a scroll...

[Sanadhil] you're right

[Alma] It might allow us to protect the location from someone trying to free her.

[Sanadhil] I was thinking only of our direct peers, who likely already suspect the truth

[Seth] Since she has not been freed, no one knows where she is who can also free her.

[Sanadhil] I... I can't imagine how anyone could wish her ill

[Alma] They may not yet know they have to look for her. "Discern location" is most likely a significantly more common spell for arcanists.

[Alma] And it's available to any priest with the capability.

[Alma] Finding her is a lot easier than freeing her.

[Seth] But why would we tell them that she is even in the city?

[Alma] Well I don't suggest we tell THEM.

[Sanadhil] indeed, why tell of her existence at all...

  • Sanadhil still seems a little shaken, perhaps?

[Alma] Reverend Father Theron, and through him possibly the Council of Reverends, is already aware of the existence of Emkathon.

[Seth] Fine, this is fine, it does not tell them anything about her location.

[Alma] No, but as I said, it's easier to find her than it is to free her.

[Seth] But presumably if they really wanted to find her, they could already have done so.

[Seth] In fact, I cannot see anything we can do to prevent them from doing so, realistically.

[Sanadhil] if you are not comfortable keeping secrets, tell them you know where she is and believe it in the best interest of the city to keep that information protected

[Alma] Except by guarding the location.

[Sanadhil] The Reverend fther trusts you

[Seth] I hardly think that guarding the location itself is safe, and guarding the crypt would surely be obtrusive.

[Sanadhil] She's so powerful - I don't think we can hide her any better

[Alma] That is precisely my point.

[Sanadhil] he power shuldn't ...leak...beyond the spell as it does.

[Alma] You shouldn't have been able to find her with a Locate Person either. Nothing ABOUT this is normal.

[Seth] I imagine that the return of Laeken has *something* to do with that.

[Sanadhil] why?

[Sanadhil] why do you think so?

[Seth] Because something has to have changed, and that is an obvious source of change.

[Alma] It does seem... questionable that for a thousand years no one noticed this effect.

[Sanadhil] S- M. Argo, have you had any luck discovering if there have been any others with your abilities?

[Seth] Obviously it has something to do with us as well, but the exact source is unclear; why, for instance, were you unaffected, Sister?

[Seth] I have not found any, no.

[Alma] I'm not entirely sure.

[Alma] Mr. Rademacher's obliviousness discounts the suggestion that mere proximity to the Arch could cause it.

[Sanadhil] She's not been touched by any related power perhaps...

[Sanadhil] not proximity, no

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Alma] M. Orecalo as well similarly dicounts the idea of it being related to blood.

[Sanadhil] not *singularly*

[Sanadhil] I'm sure it is a factor, especially i the case of Princess Ilphere

[Seth] Perhaps.

[Alma] Yes, precisely, it's something ... more I suppose.

[Sanadhil] it is a shame the Empress wasn't at the wedding - I could have asked her

[Alma] She was... not feeling well.

[Seth] Well I do not think it wise to go around asking guests retrospectively if they felt odd at the temple.

  • Alma looks at Sanadhil.
  • Sanadhil gives Alma a curious looks, but shakes his head

[Alma] You suspect the Empress shares a connection through blood, as ... Trueblood o_o

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] She's had visions before as well... I thought you knew this?

[Alma] No, you mentioned Theron Rademacher, but not the Empress.

[Seth] I don't believe I knew about the Empress' visions either.

[Alma] I suppose it's good I didn't invite poor Theron.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] liekly so.

  • Sanadhil rubs his brow as he is clearly not thinking straight still @_@

[Sanadhil] So.

  • Seth sighs deeply.

[Seth] So.

[Sanadhil] We tell the others? And no one else?

[Seth] Yes, I suppose so. But we must all be sworn to secrecy on this. Her safety may depend on it.

[Alma] I still think that the path is clear, and its days hidden are numbered, some sort of protections must be put in place.

[Seth] I still do not understand why you think that? Because you told the Reverend Father about her?

[Alma] Well I'm going on the assumption that the Order has resources as we do, and will eventually find out.

[Alma] Surely if they consult with a demon who predates the Empire, they know of Emkathon, even if they don't know about the pact.

[Seth] M. Orecalo, what is your sense of the Order's interest in Emkathon?

  • Alma looks at Sanadhil.

[Sanadhil] so far as I know, they continue to be mostly concerned with The One referenced in the ceremony you overheard

[Seth] And they are still convinced, as are we, that this is the Chancellor?

  • Sanadhil nods.
  • Sanadhil looks to Alma "that entirely depends on how willing earric is to be of assistance, i shoudl think. I have never heard of

her before Ilphere discovered the name."

[Seth] Then I think the presumption is that if they do know of Emkathon, that they either have no real interest in her, or else lack the ability to do anything about it.

[Sanadhil] Indeed, that seems fair.

[Alma] So they know of Emkathon because you told them? D:

[Sanadhil] What?

[Sanadhil] I did not tell them anything of her.

  • Sanadhil says, and quite honestly :o

[Alma] ... I thought you just said...

[Alma] My mistake...

[Alma] :|

[Sanadhil] I said I heard of her from Ilphere!

[Alma] No, I thought you said that they are primarily interesteed in Emkathon as she relates to The One...

  • Sanadhil gives Alma a slightly incredulous look, and looks to Seth

[Sanadhil] Perhaps I am not speaking clearly.

[Alma] We're all ... unsettled.

[Sanadhil] I said nothig of Emkathon. They are still interested in The One.

[Alma] Yes, I understand now.

[Sanadhil] Very well.

[Seth] Let me ask a different question. Truly, why are we interested in her?

[Sanadhil] She is Love...

[Alma] We need either to free her, or keep her imprisoned. Unfortunately we don't know which.

[Sanadhil] We can't keep her there.

[Alma] And why is that?

[Sanadhil] its just...

[Sanadhil] You can't understand.

[Sanadhil] It wrong.

[Alma] I can't?

  • Seth looks to Sanadhil.

[Seth] It is ... it was ... remarkable. I agree with you fully in that respect.

[Sanadhil] You didn't *feel* her

[Seth] But the idea that releasing her is the right answer is ... uncertain, and very risky.

[Seth] Laeken said as much.

[Alma] If her presence is the only thing that can keep Kavreshar from destroying the city, then I don't care how wonderful your trip was.

[Sanadhil] You have no idea.

[Sanadhil] but I have not the power to release her, so don't concern yourselves.

[Seth] I do have an idea, M. Orecalo, and I do not think that releasing her is so obvious.

  • Sanadhil says with a trace of bitter

[Sanadhil] No, you don't.

[Alma] One might also consider that perhaps your poison fuelled impressions are a little suspect.

[Seth] Perhaps you could enlighten us then?

[Alma] You were *poisoned*

[Alma] How do I need to elaborate?

[Seth] I mean M. Orecalo.

[Sanadhil] I dn't have the words. But even after you released me from the poisons effects... you have no idea how hard it was to leave her.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] There clearly is a powerful force drawing people, or at least, some people, to her.

[Sanadhil] (I'm assuming that since Alma magic'd us away he didn't really let go of her until we were whisked ;)

[Alma] One would imagine that you of all people, as guarded as you are all the time, should find such a powerful impulse to be unnatural.

[Sanadhil] I know.

[Sanadhil] And i don't.

[Sanadhil] And that should be telling in itself, shoudl it not?

[Sanadhil] There was no compulsion to touch her

[Alma] I... while I don't think it's likely that the "Mother of Mercy" would have nefarious interests, you should not assume it impossible that it's a manufactured feeling, not one that comes naturally in her presence.

[Alma] No compulsion?

[Sanadhil] no.

[Sanadhil] fascination at first

[Sanadhil] But....

  • Sanadhil really doesn't have the words

[Sanadhil] Such love...

[Alma] Well I felt no compulsion, and you two haven't experienced it without the effect of poison, so we can't say that for sure.

[Alma] When off your gourds you certainly did everything you could to ignore my suggestion that we stop and talk about barging in.

  • Sanadhil makes an absent graping gesture

[Sanadhil] (grasping)

[Seth] I have experienced many things in the past year, many visions, many strange emotions ... I grant that this was the most powerful, *in that moment*.

[Seth] But we need to reflect on this more deeply.

[Sanadhil] It is the most powerful emotion I have ever experienced. Ever.

[Sanadhil] Bt you're right. of course it bears more reflection.

[Alma] Regardless, if you look at it rationally, and if anything we've learned is truth, Emkathon volunteered.

[Seth] I agree that we should be loath to sunder such a powerful oath-linked bond of an entity far more powerful than we can imagine.

[Sanadhil] Then we need more information

[Alma] .oO( Yes, more world-shattering information that leaves us even more confused ... )

[Sanadhil] in that regard, nothing has changed

[Sanadhil] Is there anything further to discuss at the moment, then?

[Seth] I do not believe so. I will depart and think on these matters further.

[Alma] Well, I suggest you both launder your garments as soon as you return.

[Alma] It's possible that the poison might have gotten into the fabric, and the magical immunity will only last so long.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] I agree.

[Sanadhil] How long?

  • Sanadhil asks curiously

[Alma] About two hours in total... so I suppose you've not that much longer...

[Sanadhil] then perhaos we had best be on our way.

  • Alma stands and will lead you both out.
  • Sanadhil stands somewhat shakily and will head off ...home.
  • Alma closes the door behind them, intensely relieved there was no agreement not to tell anyone.
  • Alma immediately prepares a few letters.

Ysabeau and Symon

  • Symon will catch you after one of our less and less frequent quartet practices. "Come, have a drink with me. We haven't talked in ages."

[Ysabeau] Oh, sure. :)

[Ysabeau] Where would you like to go?

  • Symon will lead you to a nearby parlour.

[Symon] There's plenty of space for our cases here :)

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Symon will order us some casual drinks.

[Ysabeau] What have you been doing lately when we are not slaving over our instruments?

[Symon] Trying to avoid work as much as possible :)

[Ysabeau] Oh, Symon. You're incorrigible. ;)

[Symon] I've been half-attending some classes at the Castalia for fun...

[Ysabeau] Symon! You can't learn much if you don't go to *all* your classes...

[Ysabeau] Besides, why would you pay so much for something and then not do it?

[Symon] Well I'm mostly using it as an excuse not to pay attention to my father's work when I'm not performing.

[Symon] "Sorry, I have class!" seems to work well :)

[Symon] And you?

[Ysabeau] Oh, I've been up to all sorts of things.

[Ysabeau] Have you heard from the Palace about playing with the orchestra?

[Ysabeau] :)

[Symon] Yes, I have an audition coming up, actually :) That, and being invited to play at fancy events has also helped to keep my father placated :)

[Symon] Did you see he was actually invited to the Béziers-Rackley wedding?

[Symon] I think it did him good to see me "working" :)

[Ysabeau] I didn't realize! Sorry!

[Ysabeau] My mind must have been on too many other things that night.

[Ysabeau] Well, I'm glad he saw you working. Hopefully what you got paid also made an impression.

[Symon] Well I don't know that you've ever met him?

[Symon] Apparently the Countess has approached him about some business venture, so they're acquainted.

[Ysabeau] Ah, perhaps she wants to build a rail to her county.

  • Symon shrugs.

[Ysabeau] I hope she does! :D

[Ysabeau] One of these days I will ride a train.

  • Ysabeau sounds like she is making a vow of sorts.

[Symon] Any time, dear, just tell me where you want to go and I figure I can make it happen :)

[Symon] Maybe you could take that uh... Mr. Olivier somewhere?

[Ysabeau] Martan? :)

[Symon] Yes, some relation to Maze Olivier?

[Ysabeau] He's already been on trains. He's from Greywatch. He actually rode on one of the trains my father worked on!

[Symon] Well that has no bearing on whether you take him :P

[Ysabeau] (SM: are you jealous?)

[Ysabeau] (24)

  • Symon might be just a tiny bit disappointed.

[Ysabeau] Oh, Symon...

[Symon] Yes?

[Ysabeau] We're engaged.

[Symon] :o

[Symon] Engaged?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Symon] Wow... uh... congratulations.

[Symon] .oO( How long have they been seeing each other? )

  • Symon looks down at your fingers.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

[Symon] .oO( Oh there it is. )

[Symon] Have you set a date?

  • Ysabeau notices and extends her hand for you to inspect the ring.

[Ysabeau] Not yet; we only got engaged very recently.

  • Symon appraises it :)

[Ysabeau] But it won't be long before we marry.

  • Ysabeau blushes a little.

[Symon] Well, I suppose we'll have to free our schedules to play for your guests :)

[Ysabeau] I was thinking rather that you'd be some of the guests.

[Ysabeau] It's not going to be big. Just some friends and family.

[Symon] What, and give up a paying gig? :)

[Symon] Ah, I see :)

[Symon] Well I'm glad for you... maybe you'll get to settle down and have a family :)

[Ysabeau] Thank you Symon. That is the plan, yes.

[Ysabeau] But I hope I don't settle down *too* much. ;)

[Symon] I think long walks helps with that :)

[Ysabeau] With not settling down? ;)

[Symon] Yeah, about the waist and behind? :P

[Symon] That's what happens when you get married right?

[Ysabeau] To *men*, maybe.

[Symon] Well all the more reason for me to avoid it :)

[Ysabeau] You're right, I'd better keep Martan on a strict regimen of exercise.

[Ysabeau] I hope you don't avoid it forever.

[Ysabeau] I think you'd have beautiful children and be a fun father.

[Ysabeau] Once you put your dissolute ways mostly behind you, that is.

  • Ysabeau teases.

[Symon] Well the secondary advantage of looking for perfect true love is that it takes a while :)

[Symon] Though I did meet a nice young lady at the wedding.

[Symon] The Countess's bridesmaid, Miss Felise Lozada.

[Ysabeau] Oh?

[Ysabeau] Do tell.

[Ysabeau] Oh!

[Ysabeau] I know her.

[Ysabeau] She's really nice.

[Symon] We had a nice chat when she came by to compliment us on our playing :)

[Ysabeau] Good.

[Ysabeau] And she's House Cat, too. :)

[Ysabeau] If that matters.

[Symon] She is :)

[Symon] Though I saw the Chief Sorceror dancing with her later -_-

[Ysabeau] Oh, sorcerors. They've got nothing on bards. ;)

  • Symon chuckles.

[Symon] I hope to run into her again... perhaps you should suggest she join the Society ;)

[Ysabeau] Perhaps.

  • Ysabeau chuckles.

[Symon] I hear her mother is involved in that cult that skulks about the Arch:/

[Ysabeau] It's true.

[Ysabeau] But Felise does not want to have anything to do with it.

  • Ysabeau will tell you about how she was rescued from her mother at Ilphere and Menard's engagement party.


Ysabeau and Dominik

  • Ysabeau tracks Dominik down at the Palace one day...
  • Dominik is found in one of the parlours reading a book
  • Ysabeau looks around to see if you're alone.
  • Dominik is alone or at least separated from anyone else in the room
  • Ysabeau clears her throat lightly, once she is satisfied that you are alone.
  • Dominik looks up from his book

[Dominik] Yes?

[Ysabeau] Do you have a minute or two?

  • Ysabeau seems to be more conciliatory than anything.
  • Dominik nods, points to a seat and close the black bound volume he was reading
  • Ysabeau pushes the doors closed behind her and comes to sit down on the edge of the seat you pointed to.

[Ysabeau] I want to apologize for losing my temper.

[Ysabeau] I said things I shouldn't have and I'm sorry.

[Dominik] We were both angry and you were right that I should not have interfered with you.

  • Ysabeau nods, not going to push her luck.

[Dominik] I was... fooling myself about you.

[Dominik] about what I felt and what I thought you felt.

  • Ysabeau looks glum.
  • Ysabeau nods slightly, though.
  • Ysabeau brings her gaze to meet yours with visible effort, can't hold it for long.
  • Ysabeau fidgets.

[Dominik] What is going on with you? Something is wrong or at least bothering you.

[Ysabeau] Bothering me.

  • Ysabeau agrees.

[Dominik] I doubt there is anything you could tell me that would upset me right now, so just be out with it.

[Ysabeau] I'm engaged.

[Dominik] With Martin I'm assuming.

[Ysabeau] Martan and I...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] We're also expecting a child.

[Ysabeau] I wanted you to hear it from me, not someone else.

[Dominik] Congratulations. I know that is something you've wanted, when the time was right.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] We... haven't set a date for the ceremony yet but it will be before First Month, when the baby is due.

[Ysabeau] It's just going to be small, some friends and family.

[Ysabeau] Would you want to come, or... would you hate every moment of it?

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] I don't know.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] That's fair. If you decide within the next month or so, you'll let me know?

[Ysabeau] I wouldn't want to leave you out, if it's something you would want to go to.

[Ysabeau] You're still important to me.

[Dominik] I can't deny that there will always be a fire, a desire, when I see you... but I'm glad you're doing well for yourself.

[Ysabeau] Thank you, Dom... that means a lot to me.

[Ysabeau] How are things with you?

[Dominik] A mess.

[Ysabeau] :/

[Dominik] Nothing of your involve.

[Ysabeau] Should I go knock some heads together for you?

  • Dominik chuckles

[Dominik] There is little you could do, Ysabeau.

[Dominik] but I appreciate the sentiment

[Ysabeau] Well, if you think of something, you know where to find me.

  • Dominik tilts his head thinking, then has a sly smile.

[Dominik] No, there is nothing you should do.

[Ysabeau] Something other than being unfaithful to my betrothed. :P

[Ysabeau] You are incorrigible, Dom.

  • Ysabeau smiles to take the sting out of it.

[Dominik] I did not ask you to do anything

  • Dominik says playfully defensive

[Ysabeau] You didn't have to ask; I know that smile too well.

[Dominik] Its not my fault when I smile thats the first thing you think I'm thinking.

  • Ysabeau smiles again, biting her tongue.
  • Dominik shrugs

[Ysabeau] Well, I hope that once your mess is sorted out, you find someone a million times better than me to be happy with.

  • Ysabeau stands up, rubbing her back a bit.

[Dominik] Self deprecation does not suite you.

[Dominik] Have a good day

[Ysabeau] It doesn't suit anyone, really.

  • Dominik will go back to his book

[Ysabeau] You too, Dom. Have a good day.

  • Ysabeau smiles fondly then heads off back to whatever musicians do all day long.

Solos

Sanadhil and Earric

  • Sanadhil will eventually make his way home after leaving alma's house.... perhaps skirting near-ish to the Lozada/Boyne residence, but not actually going there
  • Sanadhil will cast sending once he gets home: "I need to see you, if you can get away."

[Earric] :If you insist. I expect you to be naked when I get there, though.:

  • Sanadhil can't send an eye roll, alas.
  • Earric knocks at your door about half an hour later.
  • Sanadhil has made tea
  • Sanadhil is not naked though
  • Sanadhil will let him in
  • Earric steps inside.
  • Sanadhil has not changed, either.
  • Earric looks around.
  • Earric sniffs slightly.

[Earric] Flowers? Are they for me?

[Sanadhil] They're from Emkathon.

[Earric] ...

[Earric] Explain.

[Sanadhil] I know where she is.

[Earric] Where?

[Sanadhil] The whole area is.... infused.

[Sanadhil] She's still imprisoned...

[Sanadhil] ...what will you do if I tell you?

[Earric] ...I'll... I don't know.

[Sanadhil] The whole area is infused wth powerful positive energy...

[Earric] What area?!

[Sanadhil] (is he getting visibly agitated?)

  • Earric seems ... tense.

[Sanadhil] I could show you... but I don't know what would happen to you if you went to see her.

[Earric] You've been there. What happened to you?

[Sanadhil] As I said - the area is infused with positive energy - in the arcane sense. There is also some kind of...powerful euphoric poison in the air.

[Sanadhil] when I saw her, in the orb that contains her, it struck me blind and deaf.

  • Earric listens intently.

[Sanadhil] I sought her out with magic - which souldn't have been possible, I don't think.

[Sanadhil] And I held her, and.... felt her love. @_@

[Earric] I want to go there.

[Earric] Wherever it is.

[Sanadhil] I know.

[Sanadhil] I don't know what will happen to you there.

[Earric] Neither do I.

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] I don't want you to go there alone.

[Earric] And you want to go back again, I imagine.

[Sanadhil] It was...very hard to leave.

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] The poison, at least, shouldn't affect me.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure how it worked, precisely

[Sanadhil] Its effects were delayed, but even then...

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Sanadhil] I don't know

[Sanadhil] I don't thnk it would be fatal, at least

[Earric] So you'll take me there?

[Sanadhil] I will...

  • Earric waits for the 'but'.
  • Sanadhil seems to be considering

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure the best way to do it.

[Sanadhil] I could return immediately.... but not leave again so easily

[Earric] Wait until closer to midnight?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] that could work...

[Sanadhil] I still think it will be..hard to leave again.

[Sanadhil] No one else understands.

[Earric] There were others there with you?

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Sanadhil] Two others...

[Earric] They didn't feel it?

[Sanadhil] They didn't touch her.

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] Well... a little time to kill, then.

  • Earric actually says without leering, for once.

[Sanadhil] I suppose...

[Sanadhil] I could try and find an antitoxin but I'm not sure how effective it would be.

[Sanadhil] I'm also not sure how to oevent the blindness

[Sanadhil] Its easy to say not to look at her.... but she's so beautiful @_@

[Earric] It might not be possible. I think ... she would have to choose to let you see her, and ... either she can't, or she won't.

[Earric] But you felt her. You touched her.

  • Earric looks at your hands, either warily or reverently.
  • Sanadhil hestiates about holding them out to him, but then will pull down (or up, depending) his shirt to show him where he was 'burned'
  • Earric reaches out carefully, but stops short of touching the spot.
  • Earric draws his hand back.

[Sanadhil] are you afraid?

[Earric] ...Yes.

  • Sanadhil holds out his hand instead
  • Earric takes it cautiously.
  • Sanadhil watches him carefully
  • Earric 's eyes are closed, his breathing slow as if he's trying to control himself.
  • Sanadhil will try to see if i can read his mind, but I'm assuming his will is too hgh :p

[Earric] (you would have to beat SR and then his save)

[Sanadhil] (yeah)

[Sanadhil] (although it isn't actually a spell so I'm not sure how that works @_@)

[Earric] (yeah, I suppose... uh... let's say it fails, for the sake of convenience ;)

[Sanadhil] (yeah)

[Sanadhil] :What are you thinking?:

[Earric] :That if it hurts... I deserve it.:

[Sanadhil] :She'll still love you:

[Earric] :And that will hurt far worse.:

  • Earric drops your hand.

[Sanadhil] Do you want to wait?

[Sanadhil] We don't have to.

[Earric] The longer I wait, the more scared I'll get.

[Sanadhil] then let's go.

[Earric] Everything I've done in my life, I've done because it seemed better than dying.

[Sanadhil] I'll go first and you can come to me.

[Sanadhil] It's okay.

[Earric] If I die tonight, then... at least it will have been something...

[Earric] You go.

[Earric] I'll find you.

  • Sanadhil nods, and will take his hand for a brief moment before closing his eyes and teleporting back to be with Her @_@

[Narrator] You feel at once the same surge of euphoria, the glorious scent, like no flower that's ever grown above the ground, and feel Her presence. The colours flash before your eyes, the hum rings in your ears for only a moment before it all goes dark and silent once again.

  • Sanadhil sighs, and opens his blind eyes

[Sanadhil] :...Hello?

  • Earric touches you - at least you assume it's him - in the darkness.

[Earric] :I'm here... I can see her....:

  • Sanadhil raises a hand towards where he expects the orb should be, fighting with the urge to hold her again and never let go @_@
  • Earric guides your hands to touch the orb.

[Sanadhil] (Do I have the drugged crazies and tingling again?)

[Sanadhil] :Oh...

[Narrator] The tingling is just starting. It's like, you think, everything here is designed to separate you from your body - to take away your flesh and leave you with nothing but star-substance, purified...

  • Sanadhil tries to remember to breathe

[Sanadhil] :so pure...

[Sanadhil] :Do you feel her?

[Earric] :I... I feel something.:

  • Earric 's hands are over top of yours, but not touching the orb.

[Sanadhil] :Don't be scared:

  • Sanadhil splays his fingers apart slightly, so that there is room :3

[Earric] :I can't. I can't do this.:

[Sanadhil] :You can:

[Sanadhil] :Don't you want to be love again?:

[Sanadhil] :loved... to be loved... to be love...

  • Earric 's heart is hammering against your back.

[Sanadhil] :Its so free... so freeing

[Earric] :It's enough to see her... she's still ... alive, in a way...:

[Sanadhil] :It's not enough.:

[Earric] :What if I touch her and it kills me. ...or what if nothing happens.:

[Sanadhil] :She loves you. You'll feel that.:

[Sanadhil] :Stop being afraid.... be love loved...:

  • Earric trembles as he gingerly moves his fingers to touch the orb itself.
  • Sanadhil can't feel his own heart racing - Emkathon is his pulse.... just pure exhiliration
  • Sanadhil lock's his finger's with Earrics... assuming he doesn't explode in a puff of smoke
  • Earric gasps inside your head, and tries to pull away, but can't.

[Sanadhil] :We're stars, shining so perfect, chaos and change...

[Earric] :Mother...:

[Earric] :It burns, it... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry:

[Sanadhil] :but she loves you... I feel it:

[Sanadhil] :Earric?

  • Earric is silent.

[Sanadhil] (he's still there?)

  • Earric is still there.
  • Sanadhil leans back against him slightly

[Earric] :You're right. She loves me. I don't ... I don't understand any of this.:

[Sanadhil] :You can't understand.... only feel Her:

[Earric] :She should just be ... still, nothingness.. but she isn't.:

[Sanadhil] :yes:

[Sanadhil] :...Can you hear her?:

[Earric] :She's... singing.:

  • Sanadhil just nods
  • Earric 's tears (you presume) drip onto the back of your neck.

[Sanadhil] :bodies.... I almosy forgot

[Narrator] You feel increasingly disassociated from your body. You can barely feel your hands and feet any longer, and your head is swimming, but you can still feel Her... and him.

[Sanadhil] :...lost in the sea...

[Sanadhil] :...I'm...

[Earric] :You need... :

[Sanadhil] :yes:

[Earric] :No, you need to get out of here:

[Sanadhil] :...anchor...:

[Sanadhil] :...help...:

  • Earric tries to pull you away.
  • Sanadhil can't really resist even if he tried.... which he kind of would

[Narrator] You feel Her absence more keenly when you lose her this time.

  • Sanadhil is shakes, probably crying awfully again, and more so when she is taken away

[Earric] :Come on. She'll wait for you.:

[Sanadhil] (not that he is able to hear it or is entirely aware)

[Sanadhil] :I'm a star...:

[Sanadhil] :I need her:

  • Sanadhil clings to earric instead

[Sanadhil] :hung in the balance... at the center:

[Sanadhil] :needs to change:

[Sanadhil] :everything needs to change...:

[Earric] :hold on:

  • Sanadhil clings tighter
  • Earric says .... something, you can't hear it, but you can *feel* the words in his chest.

[Narrator] There is another ...something... there, and you can feel yourself being lifted up into the air. You don't like the feeling of this... thing, touching you, especially when it takes you away from Earric... and further from Her.

  • Sanadhil screams, probably

[Sanadhil] (now am I sane enough fpr spells... @_@)

[Narrator] (not as such, no)

[Narrator] You fly further up, further, and then this thing ...sets you down, quite gently, on what feels like a ledge.

[Narrator] And then it's gone, which is a relief, because you have a feeling you really wouldn't have wanted to see what it looked like. The feel of it was awful enough.

  • Earric is beside you.

[Sanadhil] :what... no... what did you do...:

[Earric] :Shh... it's all right. The air's better up here, you'll feel better soon...:

  • Sanadhil clings to him, even thoughv his thoughts are all confused and hurt and ragey and scared

[Narrator] He's right about that, at least - the air:poison ratio is much better up here, although you're not out of the chasm yet.

  • Earric tenses, but holds you.

[Sanadhil] :..I don't want to be down here in the dark...

[Earric] :I know. I don't know what this is - a little ... viewing platform or something?:

[Sanadhil] ;can you see her?:

[Earric] :No... still sense her, a little, but it's far...:

[Sanadhil] :I miss her:

[Earric] :I had forgotten what it was like.:

  • Sanadhil sits up once he realizes he his clinging, trying to rub feeling back into his limbs.

[Sanadhil] :So overwhelming.:

[Sanadhil] :Too much...:

[Earric] :It's... not meant, for mortals to get that close...:

[Sanadhil] :Too pure for us:

[Sanadhil] :Like walking on the sun...:

[Earric] :Are you feeling stronger now?:

[Sanadhil] :...Yes:

[Sanadhil] :How are you?:

[Earric] :Everything hurts.:

[Earric] :I can .... share with you the ability to teleport out - if you're willing to use it.:

  • Sanadhil nods, hugging his knees and trying not to think about the horrible chasm/Emkathon dichotomy

[Sanadhil] :okay:

[Sanadhil] :I need out of here:

  • Earric just takes your hand, and you feel as if you could fly. Or teleport, which is more immediately useful.

[Sanadhil] :Home...

[Earric] :I'll be there:

  • Sanadhil says, and will go there, to his living room
  • Earric joins you instantly.

[Sanadhil] (Can I still feel him?)

[Earric] (feel him how?)

[Sanadhil] (any way other than physically?)

  • Earric is still in telepathic contact with you, at least.
  • Sanadhil has conveniently teleported himself onto a comfrotable divan
  • Earric joins you there, unless you're filling it.

[Sanadhil] (we'll say no becaus he is probably siting, not lounging)

  • Earric sits beside you, then.

[Earric] :...:

  • Sanadhil wipes away the wetness on his face

[Sanadhil] (my face, I mean)

[Earric] (heh)

[Sanadhil] :I don't know what comes next:

[Earric] :Neither do I.:

[Sanadhil] :..it still hurts to be away from Her:

[Earric] :I should be dead. By all rights. I suppose that's what mercy is, though.:

[Sanadhil] ;yes:

[Sanadhil] :But you're still the same. She just loves you anyway:

[Earric] :I don't know.:

[Sanadhil] :No?:

[Earric] :It's hard to tell right now.:

[Earric] :Maybe it will wear off.:

  • Sanadhil nods, and may sort of laugh a little oddly, not that he can hear himself

[Sanadhil] :I'm so tired, so empty...:

[Earric] :Do you want me to find someone to fix you up?:

[Sanadhil] :Not now. I can sort it out in the morning:

[Earric] :All right.:

  • Earric seems unusually subdued and still.

[Sanadhil] ;Are you alright?:

[Earric] :I feel raw.:

[Earric] :I'll live.:

  • Sanadhil sits up a little straighter and will silent cast clairvoyance in a location that will let him see most of the room
  • Earric sounds resigned to that.
  • Earric is just sitting with his hands in his lap, head hanging as if exhausted.

[Sanadhil] :I can't let her stay there.... but I think things are changing on their own. or through some force we don't yet know

[Earric] :She isn't contained anymore... not fully. I don't know what's happening, but I don't think it's up to you.:

  • Sanadhil nods, but doesn't know if he shoudl feel disappointed or just relieved

[Earric] :I should go...home.:

[Sanadhil] :|

  • Earric doesn't sound convinced by that last word.

[Sanadhil] :I haven't forgotten.

[Earric] :Hm?:

[Sanadhil] :Your freedom.

[Earric] :Oh.:

  • Earric says dully.
  • Sanadhil sighs/frowns.

[Earric] :Don't worry about it now.:

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil can't really give him a discerning look, since the Cv is probably aimed about at hsi back

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil rubs his temples
  • Earric stands.
  • Sanadhil does also, though shakily

[Sanadhil] :Will you be alright?

[Earric] :I have no idea.:

[Earric] :...Will you?:

[Sanadhil] :You....could stay...:

[Sanadhil] :I will survive @_@

[Earric] :You want me to?:

  • Sanadhil is conflicted between being aone and being aone with earric @_@

[Sanadhil] :... if you...let me be.

[Earric] :I don't think I could do anything right now even if you wanted me to.:

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] :then stay. ...Phedre might be confused anyway:


Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Dozilva has somehow found a healer for you so your blindness/deafness can get cured, and is now waiting to hear your explanation of wtf is going on...
  • Sanadhil pays the priest that she brought wth a polite smile, and sees them out
  • Sanadhil lets the illusion of being....kempt.... fall after they are alone.

[Dozilva] Oh, dear...

[Dozilva] You do not look so well.

  • Sanadhil nods, and holds a hand out to her
  • Dozilva takes it.

[Sanadhil] I... yes.

[Sanadhil] Thank you.

[Dozilva] Have you eaten?

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil thinks for a moment, then shakes his head

[Dozilva] I brought some bread, if you have something to put on it we can have that.

[Sanadhil] I had some tea at...somepoint

  • Dozilva gets some fresh bread out of her bag.
  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] Yesterday was very....tiring/.

[Dozilva] What happened?

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] I don't know how to explain.

[Dozilva] All right...

[Sanadhil] We were exploring something related to my resaerch and found somethig very

  • Sanadhil grasps at explanations

[Sanadhil] overwhelming.

[Dozilva] What was it that you found?

[Sanadhil] A God.

[Dozilva] ...

[Sanadhil] I can't get Her out of my mind.

[Dozilva] What god? What do you mean?

[Sanadhil] I don't know... what I shouold say.

[Sanadhil] I can't think about it rationally right now.

  • Dozilva takes your hand between hers.

[Dozilva] So, you should eat, and have rest.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] It must be very much to try and understand.

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Sanadhil] I just don't want to be alone, right now.

[Dozilva] Of course.

  • Sanadhil says, hesitantly.

[Sanadhil] I don't...trust myself.

[Dozilva] I am not leaving.

  • Dozilva reassures you.

[Sanadhil] Thank you.

[Dozilva] Was it a good thing, this god you found, or a bad thing?

  • Sanadhil pulls her close
  • Dozilva holds you.

[Sanadhil] She is Love.... Mercy.

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] you can't tell anyone.

[Dozilva] I will keep it sealed.

  • Dozilva promises.

[Sanadhil] Thank you.

[Dozilva] Thank you for giving this secret to me.

  • Sanadhil will just hold her for a little bit and try not to turn into a total mess on her
  • Sanadhil just nods.
  • Dozilva holds you as long as you need to.
  • Dozilva will continue encouraging you to eat something every so often, though, until you finally do ;)

[Sanadhil] You... mean a lot to me. And... I think I understand that better now.

  • Dozilva nods, uncertainly.

[Sanadhil] (does she think I'm crazy? ;)

[Dozilva] (just a little confused by what you mean, maybe)

  • Sanadhil will just kiss her since he can't worde so good right now
  • Dozilva kisses back.

[Dozilva] You know that I am here for you. I mean that I came here, for you. Because of you.

  • Dozilva tries to explain.
  • Sanadhil listens

[Dozilva] So your meaning to me, it is a lot too. I hold love for you.

  • Sanadhil hugs her tighter.

[Sanadhil] ...I'm not very good at this.

[Dozilva] It is well. I understand.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] Our marks upon each other, not so many yet. But more with time, I hope. I would be with you long enough for many more.

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Sanadhil] I promise - more.

  • Dozilva smiles.
  • Dozilva then forces you to eat something, and makes you come to bed ;)

[Sanadhil] (woot!)

[Dozilva] (possibly mostly just to rest, since you look like crap, but maybe fun times later ^-^)


Ilphere and Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere and Sanadhil, you are summoned to attend a rite at the secret shrine beneath the Templewood - presumably another initiation...

[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive shortly after sunset and join the other members of the Covenant in the underground chamber.

  • Phedre arrives last, once the rest of you are ready.
  • Phedre approaches you, Ilphere.
  • Sanadhil makes nice with other cult folks

[Phedre] [q] Our new initiate is readying himself now.

[Ilphere] [q] Oh... is it...?

  • Phedre nods.
  • Ilphere smiles.

[Ilphere] [q] I hope it will go well for him...!

[Phedre] [q] I hope so as well.

[Phedre] [q] I wished to ask you something. Perhaps if after the ritual he falls into a swoon, you could attempt to enter his dream, his vision...

[Ilphere] [q] Hm... His visions are very strong... It could be quite interesting...

[Phedre] [q] There might be valuable insight to be gained there, and I do not know if he'll remember it, or indeed be in any state to recount it when he awakes.

  • Ilphere nods.

[Ilphere] I would be willing to make the attempt.

[Phedre] Very well. Be ready, then...

  • Phedre moves to begin the ceremony.
  • Sanadhil waits until Iphere is done with Phedre before tp-ing at her

[Sanadhil] (Ilphere)

[Sanadhil] :I have some things I need to talk to you about, if you have time when we are through here....

[Ilphere] : Of course...

[Ilphere] : Phedre wants me to enter Theron's visions tonight...!

[Sanadhil] :fascinating! Alone?

[Ilphere] : Well, she did not specify... Of course, she is not familiar with the spell.

[Sanadhil] :of course...

[Phedre] Enter, Aspirant.

[DiablotinNarrator] The door opens and Theron enters, looking naked, chilly, and a bit wary.

[Phedre] What do you seek, Aspirant?

  • Sanadhil cuts off further thought, pating attention to the ceremony
  • Ilphere turns her attention to the proceedings.

[Theron] Peace.

[Phedre] And what do you see before you, Aspirant?

[Theron] Shadows.

[Phedre] Look to your own shadow, then, cast by your mortal flesh. Before you can gain peace, you must put the flesh aside, to gain mastery over your mind, body, and soul. Will you proceed?

[Theron] Yes.

[Phedre] This is the abode from which none leave unchanged, a path from which there is no turning and no return. Will you still proceed?

[Theron] I will, yes.

  • Phedre draws the straight razor from her sleeve and opens it.
  • Phedre cuts her own hand, then passes the cup and razor to each of the group in turn.
  • Sanadhil bleeds into the cup again
  • Ilphere draws a line across her palm and lets her blood drip into the chalice...
  • Phedre hands the cup and razor to Theron last of all, and he adds his blood to the group's.
  • Phedre then takes out a small vial, unstoppers it, and adds its contents to the mingled blood.

[Phedre] Great Serpent, master of creation and destruction, open the path for this Aspirant who comes meekly before you. Bestow your blessing upon him, that he may find peace, and work your will in this world.

  • Sanadhil envies @_@

[Phedre] With this cup, bind him to us, your humble servants, body, mind, and soul. If he should ever betray us, or work against your will, let his body waste away, his mind grow feeble, and his soul be forfeit to the Abyss.

[Phedre] Come, Aspirant, and drink deep.

  • Theron drinks from the chalice, then goes even paler than usual. He staggers, slumping to the floor.
  • Ilphere glances over to Phedre...
  • Phedre goes to his side, and beckons for Ilphere to join them.
  • Ilphere moves over toward them.
  • Sanadhil hangs back, watching

[Phedre] [q] Whenever you are ready...

[Ilphere] [q] It occurred to me just now that M. Orecalo is also experienced in lucid dreaming... it could be useful to me to have him along as well...

[Phedre] [q] If you think it best.

  • Ilphere nods, and motions to San...
  • Sanadhil nods and will approach then

[Ilphere] [q] I am going to attempt to enter his vision... Will you accompany me?

[Sanadhil] [q] Of course, if you like

[Sanadhil] [q] I am alwas pleased to assist in such matters.

  • Sanadhil smiles
  • Ilphere holds out her hand for you to take.
  • Sanadhil takes her hand then!
  • Ilphere will cast Dream Walk... :o

[DiablotinNarrator] As the spell takes effect, Ilphere and Sanadhil, you find yourself in a burned city. Charred buildings surround you, and the taste of ash is in the dry, hot air.

[DiablotinNarrator] It feels less like a dream, and more like a memory, either one from the distant past or one you haven't experienced yet.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is silence, except for, in the distance, a rattling, wooden sort of noise, like a broken wheel turning (or trying to, anyway) over cobblestones.

[Ilphere] (is it Diablotin/Sarakynel? or Sarasagel?

  • Sanadhil turns to Ilphere

[Sanadhil] is this anything like your visions?

  • Ilphere shakes her head...

[DiablotinNarrator] (it could be an amalgam of cities, or no city of this world... there is daylight, at least, so it's not the Shadow Plane)

[Ilphere] Except for the wheel...

[Sanadhil] Should we look for Theron? or the wheel?

[Ilphere] Head toward the sound of the wheel...

[Ilphere] It's the only thing we have to lead us at the moment.

  • Sanadhil nods and will go with her then

[DiablotinNarrator] You walk, trying to find the source of the sound...

[DiablotinNarrator] Up ahead of you, you can see a little boy with copper-gold curls, with his back turned to you. He runs around a corner and disappears from your view.

[Ilphere] Theron...

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Ilphere] Let's follow him...

  • Ilphere picks up her pace.
  • Sanadhil scurries along with her, mostly aiming to stay with Ilphere, but keepin an eye out for their quarry as well

[DiablotinNarrator] You turn the corner and see him ahead of you one more, further than he could have travelled in that short a time. This time, at least, he does not flee as you approach.

[DiablotinNarrator] The sound of the wheel is growing steadily louder.

[DiablotinNarrator] He stands by a fountain, as if staring at his reflection, except that the fountain spills salt and black sand instead of water.

  • Ilphere approaches cautiously...

[Sanadhil] :Should we speak to him, or just observe?

[Ilphere] :I'm not sure...

[Ilphere] : Perhaps observe for now.

[Ilphere] : It might be best not to startle him.

  • Sanadhil nods and keeps quiet, still sticking with Ilphere

[DiablotinNarrator] "I'm thirsty," the boy says without looking at you - perhaps he doesn't know you're there.

[DiablotinNarrator] He reaches his cupped hands out, and they begin to fill with the black and white grains.

[DiablotinNarrator] "He shouldn't drink that," rasps a voice from behind and above.

  • Sanadhil starts in the middle of shooting Ilphere a concerned look

[DiablotinNarrator] A raven (?) with tentacles instead of claws is perched on a shattered, headless statue. There is no other obvious source of the new voice.

[Ilphere] (pseudoHali?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes)

  • Ilphere glances over at the bird... "What are you doing here...? :o"

[Sanadhil] ...I'll take care of Theron...

  • Ilphere nods quickly to Sanadhil.

[DiablotinNarrator] "He's not nearly old enough to drink that," says the bird-creature. "Though it's old enough to drink him." It ... laughs? or something like it.

  • Sanadhil glances between Ilphere and the creepy incarnation(?) of her familiar(?) and will go over to the boy
  • Ilphere moves toward PseudoHali.

[Ilphere] What is it...?

[Ilah] The dust of empires.

  • Sanadhil will aim for an Authoritative Tone

[Sanadhil] Theron, put that down and come away.

  • Boy looks up at you, San. His eyes are not green as they should be, but dead and black.

[Ilphere] where does it come from...?

  • Sanadhil will try to charm him :3

[Sanadhil] (....though I'll try charm monster just in case :p)

[Ilah] It falls from between the millstones of time...

  • Boy lets the dust run through his fingers. Where it falls to the ground, blackness spreads like ink.
  • Sanadhil reaches out a hand

[Sanadhil] Come away, over here

  • Sanadhil can't help but remember the black goo from the Statue D:
  • Boy takes a tentative step, then falls to the ground, shrieking. His mouth opens wide as he screams, then wider... wider than it should, like a snake's mouth.

[DiablotinNarrator] The wheel sound grows louder still, until it sounds as if it's coming from directly above you.

  • Ilphere looks up...
  • Sanadhil steps towards the boy, but then looks up

[DiablotinNarrator] You look up, and the wheel - the Wheel - is visible in the sky, blocking out the light, turning erratically, juddering and creaking, pieces falling from it and crashing to the ground around you as it struggles to spin.

  • Ilphere gasps...
  • Sanadhil crouches beside Theron, avoiding any black goo

[Ilphere] (is something stopping it from turning? is it obvious *why* it is struggling?)

  • Boy writhes on the ground, scratching at his own face.
  • Sanadhil will try to hold his hands

[DiablotinNarrator] The wheel is on an axle, which is also half-shattered - the axle must come to ground *somewhere* in these ruins...

  • Boy manages to pull of some strips of skin before you can restrain him, but you do manage, San.

[Ilphere] We need to find the axle, Sanadhil...

[Sanadhil] We can't just leave him here....

[Ilphere] Can you calm him down...?

[Sanadhil] All i could do is.... try to put him to sleep -_-

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure that woudl be wise

[Sanadhil] I could immobilize him temporarily, perhaps...

[Sanadhil] but its a dream, who knows if arcane logic will ho;d

[Ilphere] You cannot charm him or something...?

[Sanadhil] he (is* charmed

[Ilphere] ...Oh. :/

  • Sanadhil will try suggestion

[Sanadhil] Theron.... stop hurting yourself.

[Sanadhil] and come with us

  • Boy laughs, a hollow sound far too old for such a young body, but settles.
  • Sanadhil will help him up to his feet then, but keep hold of his hand
  • Boy seems like he will come with you.
  • Sanadhil will still keep hold of his hand just in case
  • Sanadhil nods to Ilphere
  • Ilphere moves toward where she thinks the axle is, then...
  • Ilah tips its head to one side and takes flight to follow you.

[Ilphere] (what is the bird doing now?)

[Ilphere] (heh)

[DiablotinNarrator] You head through the deserted streets with the little boy and the raven-thing in tow.

[Boy] It's too loud...

  • Boy complains.

[Sanadhil] its okay.

[DiablotinNarrator] The axle comes to ground in a cleft in the ground, a rift as if the rocks themselves have been torn asunder. It continues down into the darkness.

[Ilah] Wheel-breaker, Wheel-maker, Wheel-taker, what will you do?

[Sanadhil] ...Emkathon....

[Ilphere] Who is who...?

  • Sanadhil stares down into the Chasm, thinking of Her @_@
  • Ilphere peers down into the rift, however far Darkvision will let me.

[DiablotinNarrator] It seems to go down forever, as far as you can see and beyond.

[Ilah] All are one.

  • Sanadhil looks down at Theron

[Sanadhil] What do you want to do?

  • Boy looks up at you. He seems gaunt and thin, as if he's wasting away before your eyes.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Boy] I want peace. Quiet. I want it to stop.

[Sanadhil] How?

  • Sanadhil looks at him, then at the bird

[Boy] I don't know!

[Ilphere] How can we help him?

[Ilah] It's a dream.

  • Ilphere asks Ilah.

[Ilah] You can make anything happen.

[Ilphere] ...Huh.

[Sanadhil] YOu can make it stop, then Theron

[DiablotinNarrator] One of the boy's fingers comes off in your hand. He's decomposing, apparently.

  • Sanadhil looks horrified

[Sanadhil] Ilphere!

[Ilphere] D:

[Sanadhil] Quick!

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] maybe i shoudl take him away?

  • Ilphere turns her attention to the boy, trying to visualize him becoming whole again.
  • Sanadhil has no lucid dreaming, though he coudl try...that ;)
  • Boy begins to look less crumbly... his skin smooths and becomes flesh-coloured again, not sickly grey...

[Ilphere] We have to fix the wheel...

[Sanadhil] alright

[Boy] It's hurting the ground.

  • Boy points to where it pierces the earth like a spear.

[Ilphere] How can we make it better...?

  • Sanadhil fumbles for mechanical analogoes

[Sanadhil] maybe it needs.... something to drive?

[Boy] Lift it up?

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Ilphere tries to will the wheel out of the hole...

[Sanadhil] to the stars...

[Ilphere] Yes... to the stars...!

  • Boy lifts his hands.
  • Ilphere raises her arms up as well, without really thinking about it..

[DiablotinNarrator] The wheel's axle begins, grudgingly, to pull out of the ground. As it rises higher and higher, the sound grows fainter and fainter, and the wheel spins faster and faster, freed from its constraints.

[Ilphere] Yes, yes...!

[Ilphere] It's working...!

  • Sanadhil wills it wo work, though isn't sure hwo much his efforts are helping

[DiablotinNarrator] The ground trembles beneath your feet as it finally rips free of the chasm, and coloured light spills out of the cleft in the ground, so bright you have to look away for a moment.

[Ilphere] Oh..!

[Sanadhil] Emkathon?

[Sanadhil] (or is it different?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it's certainly suggestive, San)

[DiablotinNarrator] When you look back, the ground has healed, as if the rift was never there.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Ilphere] ... Emkathon?

  • Sanadhil looks *very* concerned for a moment before he covers it

[Sanadhil] ....later.

  • Sanadhil says, though sadly

[Sanadhil] I'll explain.

  • Ilphere looks over to Theron.

[Boy] The little boy looks over at you both, and his eyes are green once more. He smiles at you, and you feel yourself being drawn away, back...

[Ilphere] We must go back now...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] (I need to cast it again, or is it automatic?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (you cast it again to get out)

  • Ilphere takes Sanadhil's hand and casts the spell once more.

[DiablotinNarrator] You find yourself back in the underground chamber, a little dazed but unharmed.

[Phedre] Welcome to the Covenant of the Serpent Reborn.

  • Ilphere blinks.
  • Phedre says, helping Theron up from the floor and draping a robe around his shoulders.
  • Theron looks shaken and pale, but smiles.
  • Theron looks over to you, Ilphere.

[Theron] [q] Thank you.

  • Ilphere smiles at him.

[Ilphere] [q] I am glad I could help...\

  • Ilphere says sincerely.

[Phedre] [q] We'll talk later about what you saw?

  • Theron nods.

[DiablotinNarrator] At that moment, the faint but unmistakeable sound of a woman screaming above ground breaks the stillness of the ritual chamber.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Theron] ...Lynnie? You told me she'd be fine!

  • Theron turns to run up, but is still weak, and stumbles.
  • Phedre looks concerned.
  • Sanadhil looks to Phedre..

[Sanadhil] I'll go see.

[Phedre] Be cautious.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil will head outside


Sanadhil, Earric and Taralynn

[DiablotinNarrator] You run up the stairs, San, and find Lynnie lying in the middle of the stone circle, twitching and whimpering. Earric lies slumped against one of the rocks, a short distance away.

[Sanadhil] ...What...

[Earric] She was going to go in. It seemed best to stop her before she got too far.

  • Earric looks as though he can hardly move.

[Sanadhil] what did you *do*!

  • Sanadhil crouches beside her

[Sanadhil] Tara?

  • Taralynn moans, and hardly seems to hear you.

[Earric] Look - if she saw them, they would have to kill her, or make her join, and I doubt you want either of those things. This was the only way I could stop her.

  • Sanadhil looks all kinds of conflicted

[Sanadhil] ...are *you* alright]

[Earric] Now get her away from here before anyone else wanders out!

[Sanadhil] I have to get ther to a healer....

  • Sanadhil nods

[Earric] She'll be fine. I think.

  • Sanadhil will sort of half pick her up with telekenesis?

[Earric] Go, I'll be all right.

  • Sanadhil will also make himself look like he is not wearing a cult robe :p
  • Taralynn can lean on you and sort of half-walk, half get dragged/carried.

[DiablotinNarrator] A carriage waits a short distance away, presumably the one that Earric and Taralynn were waiting in?

  • Sanadhil heads over towards it - is it private or a rental?

[DiablotinNarrator] Private but unmarked.

  • Sanadhil charms the driver

[DiablotinNarrator] No driver. Possibly earric was driving?

[Sanadhil] (good enough)

  • Sanadhil will help her inside
  • Taralynn slumps against the seat once she's in, crying.

[Sanadhil] Tara.... what happened?

[Sanadhil] ...

[Taralynn] I... it hurt, Tris... it hurt so much...

[Sanadhil] what hurt?

  • Sanadhil looks concerned

[Taralynn] Everything... I don't know...

[Taralynn] It's stopped now... but I can still feel it echoing.

[Sanadhil] Do you want to see a healer?

  • Taralynn cradles her belly.

[Taralynn] Is the baby all right?

[Sanadhil] we'll see.

  • Taralynn nods.
  • Taralynn doesn't seem to be injured or bleeding at all, fwiw.
  • Sanadhil casts locate creature on her baby?

[DiablotinNarrator] It seems to be where it should be.

[Sanadhil] Its still there.

  • Taralynn looks relieved.

[Taralynn] It hurt so much, I thought...

[Sanadhil] I know.

[Sanadhil] it's okay.

[Taralynn] Is Theron all right?

[Sanadhil] yes.

  • Taralynn nods.

[Sanadhil] I think he'll be better, now.

[Taralynn] I'm glad, then...

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Taralynn still looks pale and miserable.

[Sanadhil] Do you want to go home?

[Taralynn] ...Not without him.

[Taralynn] Or.. does he have to stay there longer?

[Sanadhil] he fainted - he's okay now, they're just taking care of him. They won't keep him.

  • Taralynn nods.

[Taralynn] ...what did he do to me?

  • Sanadhil thinks of how to answer

[Sanadhil] He didn't do anything Tara.]

[Sanadhil] But his baby is...afected by things the same way he is, I think.

[Taralynn] ...

[Sanadhil] There are a lot of things changing right now. I don't understand all of it rither

[Sanadhil] But its gong to be alright

  • Taralynn lays a protective hand over her stomach.

[Taralynn] You can't know that.

  • Sanadhil hesitates over giving her a hug

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] but change can be guided.

[Sanadhil] I know how important this is to you.... this life.

[Taralynn] More than anything.

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] I won't let them hurt you, or your baby, or your husband.

[Sanadhil] I promise.

[Taralynn] ... I heard him say that if I saw them, they'd kill me.

  • Taralynn says, glancing over to where Earric (presumably) is still lying.

[Sanadhil] You didn't see anything.

  • Taralynn nods.
  • Sanadhil glances over also

[Sanadhil] It might be best if you...don't pry.

[Taralynn] Sometimes Theron says things... I might not have a choice.

[Sanadhil] I thknk he'll be a little more in control of himself now

  • Taralynn nods.

[Sanadhil] but it would be dangerous, for both of you, if he tells you anything on purpose.

[Taralynn] All right.

[Sanadhil] I'm sorry you're mixed up in this.

[Taralynn] She said that this might make him better... for that, I'd get mixed up in a lot worse things.

  • Sanadhil smiles
  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] he seemed.... his mind seemed clearer.

  • Taralynn nods.

[DiablotinNarrator] Theron and Phedre emerge from the clearing a short while later. Theron looks extremely relieved to see Taralynn alive and (mostly) well.

  • Sanadhil will hop down from the carriage as they approach and clear out of the way
  • Sanadhil will maybe go chck on Earric -_-
  • Earric is sitting on one of the fallen stones.
  • Earric glances up as you approach.

[Earric] Think we're keeping everyone from leaving?

[Sanadhil] what?

[Sanadhil] the others?

  • Sanadhil gestures vaguely to the ground

[Earric] I mean, they can't leave as long as they know someone's up here... I suppose some of them can probably teleport away, or get out by other means.

[Sanadhil] ahh...

[Earric] Secret meeting room with only one exit... bad planning...

  • Earric sounds drained.
  • Sanadhil glances over at the carriage

[Sanadhil] Its best to make your own contingency plans in such matters, I find....

[Sanadhil] are you alright?

[Earric] Mm-hmm.

[Earric] Is she?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Earric] I didn't want to hurt her....

[Sanadhil] what did you do?

  • Earric sounds mildly surprised by that fact.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] your connection?

[Earric] I gave her pain. She met Theron at one of the public meetings, after all, and ... I kissed her then.

  • Sanadhil nods, just figuring it out before he explains

[Sanadhil] ahh.

[Sanadhil] I should have guessed.

  • Sanadhil sounds mildly annoyed at himself

[Earric] She kept saying something was wrong with the baby, and she was starting to panic... she got out of the carriage to go find him and... I had to stop her.

[Sanadhil] Hmm

[Sanadhil] I hope she'll stay away.

[Earric] Hopefully.

  • Phedre returns to the clearing.

[Phedre] I sent them home.

[Sanadhil] Good.

[Phedre] Earric, you shouldn't have let her get that close.

  • Earric rubs his brow.

[Earric] I know.

[Sanadhil] He does seem a litle ill...

[Earric] I'm fine.

  • Earric struggles to his feet.
  • Sanadhil shrugs

[Phedre] Go home. Wait for me there.

  • Phedre instructs him sternly.
  • Earric nods, giving you a little sidelong glance.

[Sanadhil] :be careful...

[Earric] :hah

  • Sanadhil turns to Phedre and smiles

[Sanadhil] Wold you like me to let the others know it is safe to leave?

[Phedre] I will do so, but thank you.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Earric disappears, presumably teleporting home as instructed.
  • Phedre returns to inform the others, leaving you alone in the stone circle in the dark.
  • Sanadhil feels strangely exposed @_@
  • Sanadhil will cast invis, in case she is talking with Phedre or the others for a while

[Sanadhil] (and wait for Ilphere for a little while)

Sanadhil and Ilphere

  • Sanadhil waits (invisiby) for Ilphere to emerge after the meeting
  • Ilphere strolls out, hugging her cloak around her shoulders against the slight chill (I forget what time of year it is, can strike that if it's like, 30 degrees out ;p)
  • Sanadhil reappears close to one of the fallen stones

[Ilphere] (within my sight?)

[Sanadhil] (yeah could be an evening chill, anyway ;)

  • Sanadhil looks thoughtful
  • Ilphere starts slightly, then smiles. "Oh...! Good evening again..."

[Ilphere] Was everything alright...?

[Sanadhil] I think so. She felt something was wrong with her child during the initiation, and tried to forece her way in.... earric stopped her. She's fine now.

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Sanadhil] Did you come in a carriage? There are some things I'd liek to talk to you about away from here

[Ilphere] No, I teleported... less attention that way... :) I am glad that Taralynne is alright...

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] Perhaps we could adjourn elsewhere to converse further?

[Ilphere] Certainly...!

[Sanadhil] I do have more to say about that as well. My home perhaps?

[Ilphere] Very well...

  • Ilphere nods agreeably.
  • Sanadhil doesn't live too far away, since we are in Rhenea, and offers you his arm
  • Ilphere takes it graciously.
  • Sanadhil walks with you a ways quietly, or making random polite conversation, until we are far enough away from prying ears

[Ilphere] So, I take it that you have news...?

[Sanadhil] I can't remember what i told you about Earric's.... power over us?

[Ilphere] Well, I do recall that he is able to sense us to some degree...

[Sanadhil] much, yes.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] And perhaps influence us more easily than those not affected...?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure about that - I don't think so

[Ilphere] What else was there, then...?

[Sanadhil] he can sense us, I believe he can spy on us to a limited extent, and he can also cause ovrwhelming pain....

[Ilphere] Oh, the scrying, that's what I had forgotten... I'm not sure I knew about the... other thing.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] That is what he did to.. Mme Rademacher. He'd told me about it before, but I'd never seen it used.

[Ilphere] Oh dear... :( But... you said she is alright...?

[Sanadhil] But she recovered well enough, and her child is fine, yes

[Ilphere] That is a relief.

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Ilphere] I would feel terrible if that was the price for our helping Theron...

[Sanadhil] Though I'm concerned about how she felt during the initiation.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Me as well.

[Ilphere] What did she say...?

[Sanadhil] I've warned her to keep away, and not to ask him prying questions. I think she understands, and I hope he does as well. If she'd seen anyone..... I think Phedre woudl have killed her.

[Ilphere] Truly...?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Ilphere] But she must know that we two are members... Phedre does not worry about that...?

[Sanadhil] She was cross with Earric for not having stopped her sooner, though he was weakened. I presume form having his blood drawn and she knows Theron is as well.

[Ilphere] Obviously...!

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure What she thinks, precisely, but I believe she is safe enough for now. I suspecft that Phedre told her no more than she was taking Theron somewhere he could be helped.

[Sanadhil] But I do't think she knows what all that entails

  • Ilphere nods.

[Sanadhil] It's curious to me that the child....reacted somehow, when we were inside his dream.

[Ilphere] Yes, very interesting... It would of course carry the Rademacher blood...

[Sanadhil] * Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] But I do not think she has been through the arch since becoming pregnant... I could be wrong...?

[Sanadhil] I warned her about that as well.... that the child may show signs of his condition.... I wonder if the same is true of the Empress..... and of yours as well.

[Ilphere] Perhaps it is enough that the father has.

[Ilphere] ...

[Ilphere] How did you know...? O_o

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] there was an announcement in the paper. Congratulations

[Ilphere] Oh Menard... He is a step ahead of me this time..!

  • Ilphere laughs.

[Ilphere] Here I was thinking it was some strange mystical ability... The mystical ability to read Common, apparently...!

[Sanadhil] not quite!

[Sanadhil] however, there is more.... bigger news as well, that may relate

[Ilphere] What is it..?

[Sanadhil] M. Argo and the Countess decided to investigate the chasm beneath ther Nine Elms church more thoroughly. I was lucky, I suppose, that they decided to invite me as well.

[Ilphere] Lucky indeed...

  • Ilphere is clearly a bit annoyed at being left out.

[Ilphere] When was this..?

  • Sanadhil gives you an apologetic look

[Sanadhil] I wasn't informed of the nature of the meeting ahead of time, and only coincidentally recived the note.

[Ilphere] Well, what happened...?

  • Sanadhil tells you (I think it has been 3-4 days maybe?)

[Sanadhil] Our suspicions are correct...... Emkathon is there @_@

* Sanadhil says in a hushed/reverent voice

[Ilphere] :o

[Ilphere] Truly...?

[Sanadhil] She is protected - there is some kind of euphoric poison which is designed to, I think create a sensation of sensory depreivation - anyone who sees her is struck blind and deaf

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] but it is possible to view the area remotely without damage

[Ilphere] What... what is she like..? How is she held...?

  • Sanadhil pauses, trying to find the words

[Sanadhil] She's.... beautiful. You saw the light in Theron's dream? Like that, only ...more. She is still mostly imprisoned

[Ilphere] Mostly...?

[Sanadhil] but her power radiates beyond the spell. When I was blinded, I was able to detect her with a location spell, for instance... and her Presence...

[Sanadhil] You can feel her through out the room. But I held her @_@ Ilphere.... it was so ovwewhelming

  • Sanadhil escorts the princess inside his house to continue their discussion.
  • Sanadhil shakes his head as if to clear it

[Sanadhil] ....Woudl you care for a drink?

[Ilphere] I... well, alright... :o

  • Sanadhil nods, and pours us each a small glass of wine.

[Ilphere] Who else knows that you found her...?

[Sanadhil] Well...

[Sanadhil] M. Argo thought it best that we only tell those among our society research circle who already knew of the chasm.

  • Sanadhil sips his wine

[Sanadhil] I agreed, initially, though the countess was more hesitant. i suspect she wishes to tell Reverend Father Theron.

[Sanadhil] I...

[Sanadhil] As i said, it was very powerful. Like tnothing I'd ever experienced before.

[Ilphere] Does Laeken know...?

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] We thought it might be dangerous.... though I think we need to learn what his arrangement with Emkathon entails.

[Sanadhil] However...

[Sanadhil] I did tell earric.

  • Sanadhil waits to see how she will respond

[Ilphere] So... Phedre will probably know as well.

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure.

[Ilphere] How did he react...?

[Sanadhil] He demanded to know where she was. He was conflicted - between desire to see her and fear.

[Sanadhil] I did take him, in the end.

[Sanadhil] I'm not..... I'm still not convinced of my ability to think rationally where She is concerned @_@

[Sanadhil] Though I am trying to be more conscious of it, at least

[Sanadhil] But.... he touched her, and I thnk it changed him somehow.

[Sanadhil] She is Mercy...

[Ilphere] Perhaps something of his former nature...?

[Sanadhil] Nothing so complete.

[Sanadhil] but something of it, perhaps

[Sanadhil] A tempering of his demonic nature, perhaps?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure if it will last.

[Sanadhil] Tonight he told me that he felt bad for hurting...Mme Rademacher. he sounded confused.

[Sanadhil] Phedre said nothing to me about it, in any case

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Ilphere] Hmmm... I don't quite know what to make of it...

[Sanadhil] Nor do I.

[Ilphere] What do we do now...?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure

[Sanadhil] Emkathon is becoming loosed from her prison, somehow

[Sanadhil] something is changing, or has changed, and I'm not sure what.

[Ilphere] In Theron's vision... The pit that the wheel was lodged in was rather reminiscent of the chasm.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] and the light, as I said, was reminiscent of her

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure what it means - I don't have your skill at interpreting dreams

[Ilphere] Restoring it is definitely linked to Emkathon... but will her release set it turning true, or is it the other way around...?

[Sanadhil] I'm sure there is a connection of the blood....

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] (and I haven't had time to email Julie to ask her so we won't know any time soon :( )

[Sanadhil] (clearly you just haven't had time to think about it ;)

[Sanadhil] (she wouldn't have had tme to answer, anyway ;)

[Ilphere] (well in this scene I wouldn't have, it's true)

[Sanadhil] both are desirable, in any case?

[Ilphere] Absolutely...

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Ilphere] But ideally we would know which to work on...!

[Sanadhil] yes.... Ideally.

[Sanadhil] Do you plan to go and...See her for yourself?

[Sanadhil] (See Her)

[Ilphere] Oh... I would dearly love to... :x

[Ilphere] How accessible is the chasm?

[Sanadhil] there are certain recommendatins I woudl make then

  • Ilphere listens...

[Sanadhil] it is in the crypt in the church, which are publically accessible - the chasm is still closed, but you could potentially teleport.

  • Sanadhil will describe the effects you will encounter, including the poison, and the blindness/deafness effect

[Sanadhil] She can safely be viewed remotely

[Sanadhil] but the experience is not the same

[Sanadhil] Don't go alone.

[Ilphere] I have no scrying ability, unfortunately...

[Sanadhil] Take strong preecautions against the poison

[Ilphere] Would you go again...?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I...don't think that I should.

[Ilphere] I don't know who else I would get to accompany me...

[Sanadhil] Perhaps with stronger protection against the poison...

[Sanadhil] but even so, it would be... hard to leave Her

[Sanadhil] your cousin?

[Ilphere] Theron... perhaps.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] I meant Dominik.

[Ilphere] Oh, you meant Dominik...?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] Someone who is not as strongly affected would be helpful

[Sanadhil] It might be dangerous for Theron./

[Sanadhil] evene if he is better now, he may be more susceptible

  • Ilphere nods...

[Ilphere] Dominik, then...

  • Sanadhil also tells yout about Alman's wall of Stone, and makes some suggestions about potential precautions you could take, etc

[Sanadhil] I suppose Mlle Chanuoer and the Duke may also be interested to see Her @_@

[Sanadhil] or, to experience her, in any case

[Ilphere] I suppose...

[Ilphere] I don't see as much of Ysabeau lately.

[Sanadhil] No?

[Sanadhil] I see her fairly often, at the society and the Castalia, usually she is quite busy studying

[Ilphere] I fear we have somewhat lost touch.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] She has different priorities, perhaps.

[Ilphere] I think she does not approve of my studies.

[Sanadhil] I don't think she believes us to have any scruples

  • Sanadhil sips his wine

[Ilphere] I agree.

[Sanadhil] That we would like to see the city.... the whole Empire..... destroyed to sate our curiousities, perhaps

[Ilphere] It is... well, it makes me sad.

[Ilphere] We were such good friends, and now she thinks, what...? That I am some kind of monster?

[Sanadhil] Mmm :|

[Sanadhil] Yes... I am used to encountering bias, but it is disenhartening when it comes from unexpected sources.

[Ilphere] The last time I had any long conversation with her, she wanted me to go and sneak some file for her... I expect otherwise it would have been even longer since our last tea.

[Sanadhil] She said she thought i would care less, because I'm an outsider.

[Ilphere] Well that is just... racist... :/

[Sanadhil] Mm.  :|

[Sanadhil] She did apologize, at least. Unlike others.

[Ilphere] Perhaps we could talk of something more cheerful... :/

[Sanadhil] Well, i am no expert on friendship, in any case - though I do value yours.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Ilphere] And I yours... :)

  • Ilphere says sincerely.

[Sanadhil] cheerrs to that, then :)

  • Ilphere toasts... "to friendship" :)

Ysabeau and Marl

  • Ysabeau has grown to enjoy her pretend romantic liaison with the Emperor, if only because it's an excuse to dress up.
  • Marl has invited you to join him tonight for a ride in the park, so that you can be seen in public together.
  • Ysabeau will dress appropriately (horseback or in a carriage?)

[Marl] (carriage)

  • Ysabeau is relieved since she doesn't actually know how to ride horseback.
  • Marl offers you a hand to help you into the carriage.
  • Ysabeau is dressed in emerald green samite trimmed with black lace, tonight.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

[Marl] You look lovely tonight.

[Ysabeau] And you look dashingly handsome. ;)

  • Marl smiles.

[Marl] I have a little something for you.

[Ysabeau] Is that so? I do like little somethings.

  • Ysabeau smiles.
  • Marl retrieves a box from under the seat. It's probably about a foot square, and fairly flat.

[Ysabeau] Oh, that is a bit larger than little.

  • Marl just smiles.

[Ysabeau] Is it breakable?

[Marl] No.

[Ysabeau] So, not a commemorative plate.

  • Ysabeau teases.
  • Marl chuckles.
  • Ysabeau shakes it slightly, making a game of trying to guess what it might be.

[Marl] If that's what you'd like, I can probably get you one.

[Marl] (The box sounds as though it has something fabric in it, perhaps... it slides around a bit)

[Ysabeau] I get to see the real deal fairly often, why would I want a plate of you in my dining room? ;)

[Ysabeau] Hmm...

[Ysabeau] Too small for a gown. Sexy lingerie?

[Marl] Well, if it was all you wore, it would be quite alluring, I'm sure.

[Ysabeau] Ah, a little wisp of a shawl, perhaps.

  • Ysabeau begins to open it.

[Ysabeau] (So what is inside?)

[Marl] (The box does indeed contain a fine, lightweight black shawl)

  • Ysabeau fingers the cloth delicately.

[Ysabeau] How pretty!

  • Marl smiles.

[Marl] I thought it might suit you.

[Ysabeau] It goes with my gown tonight. How did you know? ;)

[Marl] I must have read your mind.

[Ysabeau] That would be a useful skill, indeed.

  • Ysabeau smiles.
  • Ysabeau unfurls it and wraps it around her shoulders.

[Marl] Beautiful :)

[Ysabeau] Indeed, it is lovely. Thank you, Your Majesty.

  • Ysabeau smiles, knowing he meant her.
  • Ysabeau will reward him with a most excellent kiss.
  • Marl responds in kind.
  • Ysabeau resists the temptation to nip him before breaking off, not wanting to give him the wrong idea.
  • Ysabeau wonders where that came from and chides herself silently.
  • Marl draws back.

[Marl] I'm glad you like it.

[Ysabeau] (Do we have a driver? And is it an open or closed carriage?)

[Marl] (one of those ones where you sit side by side, with a bit of a roof over you, but it's open in the front, and the driver sits up behind... my carriage terminology is failing me ;)

[Marl] (sort of like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HansomCab.gif)

  • Ysabeau feels strange, slipping her hand into his, as if he were Martan.

[Marl] Now, there are a few matters we probably ought to discuss.

[Ysabeau] Yes, I have a few things to mention to you, as well.

[Marl] Very well.

[Marl] You may go first, then.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Very well.

  • Ysabeau hopes the driver can't hear her.

[Ysabeau] [q] Normally I wouldn't consider telling you this, but I feel that it has the potential to cause some problems... in light of our little show.

  • Marl listens.

[Ysabeau] [q] I'm with child. No doubt once it's obvious, some people will think it's yours.

[Marl] ..Ah.

[Marl] Well, that's no great problem, so long as you're prepared to withstand the gossip.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Marl] Congratulations, by the way...if they're wanted.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

[Marl] When is the child due?

[Ysabeau] First month.

  • Marl nods.

[Ysabeau] The father and I will be getting married... fuel for more gossip, no doubt.

[Marl] Congratulations for that as well, then.

[Ysabeau] Thank you, Your Majesty.

[Marl] And yes, no doubt there will be gossip... it was intended, after all. This will be... more than we'd anticipated, but it should be manageable.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Do you think there might be any danger to my child?

  • Marl considers.

[Marl] I don't believe so. The Empress will not be bothered, certainly, and so long as I don't show you or the child particular favour, I doubt anyone else will be excessively jealous. If that's what you mean.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Marl] I will try to keep the rumours to a minimum, insofar as I can. No giving your child a title the day it's born, for instance.

  • Marl says with a slight smile.
  • Ysabeau grins.

[Ysabeau] I appreciate that.

[Ysabeau] The thing is, when it's born, it will bear a fairly... close resemblance to the Kizer family. My fiance is Martan Olivier, who does look quite surprisingly like Martan Kizer did.

[Marl] It will look like what it looks like... unless you feel like altering its appearance at birth, we may be stuck with that coincidence.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Marl] It could take after you, after all - you and your sister have quite a striking resemblance, I notice.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It's true. It's probably just a mother's nerves.

  • Marl squeezes your hand reassuringly.

[Ysabeau] How is Her Majesty feeling?

[Marl] Ready to be delivered, I think.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] I hope she's doing better than she was the day of Sister de Beziers' wedding.

[Marl] Oh... yes, better. I'm not sure what came over her that day, but it hasn't reoccurred, at least.

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] Did she accompany you to the Temple, or stay at the Palace?

[Marl] She came to the temple, but began to feel ill when we drew up... I sent her back home, she looked so pale.

[Ysabeau] Hmmm.

[Ysabeau] Was she ill for very long?

[Marl] By the time I returned home that evening, she was asleep... I gather she felt better, though.

[Ysabeau] I felt a little strange too, but not terribly so.

[Marl] Oh?

[Ysabeau] You might ask her whether it faded as she put some distance between herself and the Temple.

[Marl] I will ask, certainly.

[Ysabeau] I'd be interested to know what she says.

[Ysabeau] So... you had something to tell me as well, Your Majesty?

  • Marl nods.

[Marl] Well, something to arrange, at least.

[Ysabeau] Do tell.

[Marl] A rendezvous.

  • Ysabeau smiles slightly.

[Ysabeau] Do you have any preferences for where it should occur?

[Marl] I hoped we could meet at an inn... somewhere with private rooms available.

[Marl] Perhaps somewhere in Pearl, but not too ... unsavoury.

  • Ysabeau smiles again.

[Ysabeau] Very well, I'm sure something can be arranged.

[Ysabeau] I know of a place or two that might do.

[Marl] Good.

[Marl] Well, you would need time to secure the location, and to invite your ... friend to join us. I imagine that could take a little while to arrange?

  • Ysabeau raises her eyebrow; Maze is not really any friend of hers.

[Ysabeau] It may. I'm not sure what his schedule is like. :P

  • Marl chuckles.

[Marl] I thought you were ... more closely involved :)

[Ysabeau] (SM: He wants to meet Martan, or Maze?)

  • Marl seems to be referring to Martan.

[Ysabeau] Ah, you'd like to meet with the younger one, then, not the elder?

[Ysabeau] Or both of them?

[Marl] I think the younger would be more convincing. Especially if she can disguise herself appropriately.

  • Ysabeau giggles.

[Ysabeau] I think she'll be able to manage that.

[Marl] Perfect.

  • Ysabeau is amused, trying to imagine Martan in drag...

[Marl] I'll leave the details up to you - send me a message when you've made the arrangements, and I'll ensure that I'm there. Better if I don't have too much advance warning.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Very well, Your Majesty. I look forward to it.

[Marl] Splendid.

  • Marl will enjoy the rest of your carriage ride, and return you home unmolested ;)
  • Marl gets invited in for a drink, and stays about an hour before departing, just enough to put on a good show.

Ysabeau and Martan

  • Ysabeau will have made her way into the Grand later that same evening, off to Lord Grey's.
  • Ysabeau hires a plain carriage to convey her, and hopes she remembers the address right.

[Martan] (You can be admitted to see Martan)

  • Martan embraces you.
  • Ysabeau smiles and embraces him back.

[Ysabeau] (what room are we in?)

[Martan] (a parlour, probably)

  • Ysabeau kisses him if no one is watching.

[Martan] How are you doing?

[Ysabeau] Well, thank you. And you?

[Martan] I'm fine.. better now that you're here :)

[Ysabeau] Oh, have you had a rough day?

[Martan] Just busy.

  • Martan sits down on the sofa.

[Ysabeau] (If there's no one watching I can give him a backrub through his clothes... ;) )

[Martan] (no one is watching as far as you can tell :)

[Ysabeau] Do the portraits have eyes?

  • Ysabeau teases.
  • Martan chuckles.

[Martan] They'd be a bit offputting if they didn't, I think.

  • Ysabeau laughs.

[Ysabeau] You know what I mean.

[Martan] You're safe, don't worry.

[Ysabeau] Turn around then, so I can reach your shoulders and back. :)

[Martan] Yes ma'am ^-^

  • Ysabeau will give him a skillful rub.

[Martan] Mmm :)

[Ysabeau] Mmm-hmm. :)

  • Martan relaxes, leaning back against you.
  • Ysabeau will just make small chat for a bit, before getting to the meat of things.

[Ysabeau] You've probably figured out that I have some news. ^-^

[Martan] Well, I thought you might have come over just to rub my shoulders, but...

[Ysabeau] Well, that and news. And perhaps a tour of the house if such is allowed... or at least your part of it. ;)

[Ysabeau] Anyway...

[Martan] You came over to see my bedroom? ^-^

[Martan] Because I could arrange that.

[Ysabeau] You have seen mine many times. It's only fair, don't you think?

[Martan] Certainly :)

[Ysabeau] But news...

  • Martan nods, listening.

[Ysabeau] Our powerful friend would like to meet, soon. At an inn in Pearl City. One that is not too distasteful. But he only wants to meet you, first.

[Martan] Me? ...all right. I can handle that.

[Ysabeau] And he would like to see you in a dress. I didn't know he went in for that kind of thing, but ah well.

[Ysabeau] Can you handle *that*?

  • Martan gives a startled laugh.

[Martan] If I have to, I suppose.

[Ysabeau] Have you done disguises before?

[Martan] Not female.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Well, I have something that might help.

[Martan] Oh?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] But it will only alter your appearance. To be convincing I might have to tutor you in womanly ways.

  • Martan laughs, but nods.
  • Ysabeau will explain about the comb Verity gave her.

[Martan] So you'll teach me to curtsy, flutter a fan... any other useful feminine skills? ;)

[Ysabeau] Sway your hips, sit down with your legs closed, all that kind of stuff. Yup!

[Martan] Well, I'll do my best.

[Ysabeau] When would you like to begin? Remembering that I'm going to be gone for [blah time period] to check out Shadow Plane Arches.

[Martan] Whenever you like, I suppose.

[Ysabeau] Right then... no time like the present?

  • Martan grins.

[Martan] All right. What's my first lesson? :)

[Ysabeau] Stand up! Up, up!

  • Martan stands up as ordered.

[Ysabeau] Walking.

  • Ysabeau will instruct him in how to walk like a lady. It will conveniently require that she place her hands on him to correct his posture, hehe.
  • Martan will attempt to follow your instructions as best as he can. He's a pretty quick learner.

[Ysabeau] Very good!

[Martan] What's my reward? ;)

[Ysabeau] Nothing unchaste. We're ladies, remember.

[Martan] I don't know, some ladies... ^-^

  • Martan pulls you closer.
  • Ysabeau smiles and gives him a very chaste kiss, teasing.

[Ysabeau] That's how very good friends, or sisters, might greet one another.

[Ysabeau] Except without the pulling me close part.

[Martan] Well, we're very good friends :)

[Ysabeau] Very true.

  • Ysabeau will give him a very unchaste kiss.
  • Martan grins.

[Martan] I imagine this lesson could continue upstairs? ;)

[Ysabeau] Perhaps a short recess from lessons.

[Ysabeau] Or a longer one. ;)

[Martan] All right.

  • Martan will show you his bedroom, since you asked ^-^

[Ysabeau] (Does it state anything about him? ;) )

[Martan] (it's fairly plain, not a lot of personal items ... so maybe it suggests a place he hasn't been long, or doesn't expect to stay long...)

  • Ysabeau looks around.

[Martan] Not much to look at, I know...

  • Martan does have a chest at the foot of his bed that could have things in it.
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] It's for sleeping, what more do you need?

[Martan] You.

  • Martan suggests hopefully.

[Ysabeau] Hmm.

[Ysabeau] I should test the bed out, probably.

[Martan] Feel free!

  • Ysabeau laughs and pulls him over to it.

[Ysabeau] This is not part of your lesson.

[Martan] Oh, good :)

  • Ysabeau will test the bed quite thoroughly with Martan.

[Martan] (the bed is satisfactory ;)

[Ysabeau] (Better than mine? ;) If so we might have to steal it when we're married.)

[Martan] (probably better quality, but smaller)

[Martan] (he's probably only got a single)

[Ysabeau] (Maze is mean!)

[Ysabeau] (He's a young man, he should have a decent bed for sporting with women)

[Martan] (Maze probably doesn't want to encourage sporting! at least not under his roof ;)

[Ysabeau] (Maze is just jealous.)

[Martan] (heheh)

[Ysabeau] It's very comfortable, but rather small. I think we'll keep mine for the timebeing.

  • Ysabeau teases once they're recovered.


Sanadhil and Ysabeau

  • Sanadhil stops by the Society library to exchange some books, and pauses as he sees Ysabeau working there
  • Ysabeau is working so hard she doesn't even notice you.
  • Ysabeau is dressed in a blue cotton daydress with a lightweight black shawl over her shoulders, since it is a bit chilly in this gloomy summer.
  • Sanadhil reshelves his volums, selects some new ones, and then steps off to the side
  • Sanadhil will cast detect magic on Ysa @_@
  • Sanadhil watches her for a moment
  • Sanadhil strolls over casually then, having finished his assessment
  • Ysabeau becomes aware of you as you get closer, and looks up.
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] M. Orecalo. Good afternoon.

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon to you as well, Mlle Chanuier.

[Sanadhil] hard at work?

  • Ysabeau stretches; she's been hunched over a book longer than she thought.
  • Ysabeau glances at a clock on the wall.

[Ysabeau] Oh, goodness! Yes - I guess I have!  :o

[Sanadhil] ahh, well then perhaps I won't apologize for disturbing you, afterall

  • Sanadhil smiles
  • Ysabeau smiles once more.

[Ysabeau] How have you been?

[Sanadhil] Busy as well, with the expedition...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Yes, it is coming up rather fast, isn't it.

[Ysabeau] I'm looking forward to it, curiously enough.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I imagine so, from what you told me of your theories.

[Sanadhil] Would you have time to take a short break? There was a matter I'd wanted to ask you about.

  • Ysabeau thinks about it momentarily.

[Ysabeau] I could stretch my legs, actually... would you care for a walk?

[Sanadhil] certainly

  • Ysabeau slips all the papers of her manuscript back into a pile and ties them up, then places them in her satchel.
  • Ysabeau gathers her shawl about her shoulders and slips the satchel over her head, settling it down on one shoulder.

[Ysabeau] Shall we?

  • Sanadhil offers you his arm if you'll take it
  • Ysabeau does. Why wouldn't she?

[Sanadhil] How are things with your young gentleman?

[Ysabeau] Well, thank you.

[Ysabeau] And your lady, Mlle. Baru?

[Sanadhil] Settling in very well, thank you.

[Ysabeau] I'm glad to hear it.

[Sanadhil] I'm sorry to press on such a personal topic, but.... can you remind me what all came of the investigation of M. Olivier?

[Ysabeau] He's just a young man. Not the reincarnation of a dead Kizer, not anything else people might have imagined he could be.

[Ysabeau] Why do you ask?

[Sanadhil] but he is associated with Lord Grey?

[Ysabeau] Lord Grey's illegitimate son, is my understanding.

  • Ysabeau agrees.

[Sanadhil] (SM @_@)

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Do you know if he is associated, then, with the family business?

[Ysabeau] Some think he's being groomed to be the next Lord Grey, but he isn't so sure, himself.

[Sanadhil] Are you fairly serious about your involvement?

[Ysabeau] Very much so. Why are so interested in him, M. Orecalo?

  • Ysabeau looks curious.
  • Sanadhil gives you a thoughtful and discerning look....
  • Ysabeau meets it.

[Sanadhil] I'm more concerned with yourself, honestly.

[Ysabeau] With me?

  • Ysabeau looks amused.

[Ysabeau] Sweet of you.

  • Ysabeau looks more serious.

[Ysabeau] I worry about you, as well, M. Orecalo.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Kind, but unnecesary.

[Ysabeau] Are you still spending much time with the Lozada-Boynes?

[Sanadhil] The source of my concern, I admit, are certain rumours lately that have been circulating recently

  • Sanadhil ignores your question, as you are transparently trying to put me off

[Ysabeau] Oh? Rumours. I'm in show business; they're bound to happen.

[Ysabeau] What have you heard?

  • Ysabeau grins.

[Sanadhil] Not everyone in show buisness makes the press with public....engagements.... with men they are known to intensely dislike.

[Sanadhil] especially when that man is the Emperor.

[Ysabeau] Oh, those ones.

  • Ysabeau blushes.

[Ysabeau] He's actually not so bad.

[Sanadhil] Apparently not.

[Sanadhil] though that is a far cry from what you told Ilphere... or her experience of him, at that.

  • Ysabeau tucks a lock of hair behind her ear, a bit hesitant.

[Ysabeau] [q] I allowed an experience from years ago to cloud my judgment, M. Orecalo. I was a different person then. I'm not even sure he remembers.

  • Sanadhil nods, considering

[Sanadhil] so you are involved?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] with both?

[Ysabeau] Martan is aware of the nature of my relationship with the Emperor, yes.

[Sanadhil] Interesting turn of phrase.

[Ysabeau] He's fine with it. I suppose it's not so different an arrangement from what the Emperor and his Empress themselves have.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure it must be highly convenient.

  • Sanadhil says, honestly
  • Ysabeau shrugs and smiles.

[Sanadhil] I know many people who would be pleased to find themselves in such an arrangement, but I can't honestly say that you ever struck me as one.

  • Ysabeau gives you a somewhat incredulous look, but smiles swiftly.

[Ysabeau] You don't know me very well, then, M. Orecalo.

[Sanadhil] No, that is true

[Ysabeau] When I took up with Dominik, it meant the end of another relationship... but not until after I asked my first lover if it would be okay if I continued seeing them both.

[Sanadhil] Perhaps I was misguided by your talk of desire for marriage and a stable family.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] What makes you think polyamory and marriage and a stable family are mutually exclusive?

[Sanadhil] with the Emperor?

[Sanadhil] And Lord Grey's illegitimate Son?

[Sanadhil] In the middle of a split inside the Hush?

  • Ysabeau shows you her engagement ring.

[Sanadhil] I don't think that much of a recipe for stabiloty at all.

[Ysabeau] Martan and I are engaged.

  • Sanadhil just raises his eyebrows

[Ysabeau] I wanted to tell Ilphere first, but she's been so busy.

[Sanadhil] If I were Nash, that would be a wonderful reason to have him assassinated.

[Sanadhil] ...but congratulations

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

  • Sanadhil tries to get a sense of your emotional state.... by detecting your thoughs @_@

[Sanadhil] (will save, you can roll an actual die if yo want :3)

  • Sanadhil sighs very slightly.

[Sanadhil] You're welcome.

[Ysabeau] Nash would have to think long and hard before she attempted something like that.

[Sanadhil] I wish you hapiness in whatever arrangement you find ti..... just be careful.

[Sanadhil] That depends on how much of the upperhand she thinks she has

[Sanadhil] and how important M. Olivier is. If he doesn't think he is....

[Sanadhil] It leaves him a clear target.

[Sanadhil] M. Argo essentially works for her. There's been very little he hasn't insisted he must tell her.

[Ysabeau] I know.

[Sanadhil] If he tells her that you might be sharing information with him that could treaten the Empire.... he's even more in danger.

[Sanadhil] it doesn'rt even have to be True.

[Ysabeau] If Nash decided to take out Martan, it would also throw things into even more chaos than already exists. I think His Majesty would just possibly have something to say about that.

[Ysabeau] He's got his hands full with hellwyrms and poor crops and the gods only know what else.

[Sanadhil] Why would his death create any more chaos, particularly?

[Ysabeau] I don't know Lord Grey very much at all. But I am quite sure he would take offence to Nash killing his only known child.

[Sanadhil] His suspected illegitimate child.

  • Sanadhil corrects you
  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Ysabeau] As you say.

[Sanadhil] It just strikes me as a dangerous position - as i said - I was concerned, that is all.

  • Sanadhil smiles.

[Ysabeau] Well, thank you for your concern.

[Ysabeau] And you? I worry about you being involved with that Cult.

[Ysabeau] Airrik was inside Ysstvelt's head, in Imraen's dream.

[Sanadhil] I've been distancing myself from the Order's activitues of late...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] (SM)

[Sanadhil] Succubi are telepathic

[Sanadhil] They can speak in people's minds, within a certain range.

[Sanadhil] (I'm not lying)

[Ysabeau] (were you about distancing yourself, etc?  :P)

[Sanadhil] (nope)

  • Ysabeau regards you gravely.

[Ysabeau] What is your interest in the Cult, really?

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] I want to know what they're up to.

[Ysabeau] Why?

[Sanadhil] In case they know something we don't.

[Ysabeau] To what end?

[Sanadhil] I don't know yet.

[Sanadhil] Do you know what we shoudl be working towards?

[Ysabeau] The least bloodshed possible.

[Sanadhil] I feel it is difficult eough to stay on top of the information we have, let alone trying to figure out what to do wth it.

[Sanadhil] Ideally, I would prefer to see none.

[Sanadhil] have you spoken to the Countes recently?

[Ysabeau] I have seen her once since she returned from her honeymoon.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] Why?

[Sanadhil] Was that...after she had visited the chapel?

  • Ysabeau shakes her head.

[Ysabeau] I went with her.

[Sanadhil] did she... show you?

[Ysabeau] Show me what?

  • Sanadhil asks in a sort of hushed voice
  • Ysabeau looks at you closely.
  • Sanadhil looks slightly puzzled, perhaps, then thoughtful

[Ysabeau] Did you learn something more about what's under the floor?

[Sanadhil] She invited me on an investigation she planned with M. Argo, to investigate what lay beneath the chasm, yes.

[Ysabeau] And? Was it the mother of mercy?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Ysabeau] Interesting.

[Sanadhil] That is quite the understatement.

[Ysabeau] Marl mentioned that Yanina was with him the day of Alma's wedding, but she felt unwell as she approached the temple, so he sent her home.

[Ysabeau] I don't know whether it faded as she moved further away.

  • Sanadhil seems a bit distracted, maybe?

[Sanadhil] That would be concurrent with what everyone else observed.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] And it makes sense - she has the lineage, and the connection to the Arch, as does the princesss

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Why didn't Dom feel it? He was with you at some meetings, wasn't he?

[Ysabeau] And he and I were both at the Arch when we found Theodis.

[Sanadhil] he was only present the once - perhaps it was not sufficient.

[Sanadhil] I don't think the arch in its dormant state matters.

[Sanadhil] Most of the rituals the cult enacts are simpl powerful bardic magics

  • Ysabeau laughs.

[Sanadhil] Not to dispairage your arts, I apologize

[Sanadhil] but it is not the power of a god.

[Ysabeau] (My SM is still in force, I think?)

[Sanadhil] (yes)

[Ysabeau] Perhaps I too should start my own religion.

[Ysabeau] If the Order of the Black Down is all mummery, what captured your attention for so long?

[Sanadhil] I didn't say it was *all* false.

[Sanadhil] just most

[Sanadhil] I noted the difference

[Sanadhil] that was what piqued my interest initially

[Sanadhil] it happened around the same time as the release of Kavreshar

[Ysabeau] So... there is some divine power, too?

[Sanadhil] Absolutely.

[Ysabeau] Who channels it? From which god?

[Sanadhil] The Serpent, and it is channeled through the arch, by Mlle. Lozada-Boyne....

[Sanadhil] I thought we'd already made this all; clear?

[Ysabeau] I may have forgotten.

[Sanadhil] As i said - there is much to keep track of.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Do you know if they're close to figuring out the oracle M. Argo overheard?

[Sanadhil] I haven't heard of any progress

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Ysabeau] And you haven't been going since roughly when?

[Sanadhil] I just had a very similar conversation with M. Argo and the Countess de Beziers

  • Ysabeau 's lips quirk upwards in a smile.

[Ysabeau] How long has it been since you spoke to any of the members of the Order?

[Sanadhil] fairly recently... but not about the Order

[Ysabeau] So they may have figured it out and you don't know, then.

[Sanadhil] that's possible, but I think it unlikely

  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Ysabeau] Who was it? What did you speak of?

  • Ysabeau asks, curiously.
  • Ysabeau smiles.
  • Sanadhil smiles back

[Sanadhil] personal matters.

[Ysabeau] What was it you said? "I'm sorry to press on such a personal topic, but..."

[Ysabeau] I was open and honest with you.

[Sanadhil] Yes, that's true.

[Sanadhil] And I appreciate the opportunity to lay my concerns on your behalf ....somewhat to rest.

[Ysabeau] I would appreciate the same courtesy.

[Ysabeau] Who knows? It might even result in even more openness and honesty.

  • Sanadhil gives you another discerning look

[Sanadhil] More honesty?

  • Ysabeau meets your gaze steadily.

[Sanadhil] are you trying to... bribe me?

[Ysabeau] I'm offering you a possibility.

[Sanadhil] You don't trust me.

[Ysabeau] I am trying to find a way I can trust you.

[Ysabeau] And if anything I tell you is like to make its way to the cult, there's no way I can trust you.

[Sanadhil] I keep my own counsel.

[Ysabeau] Yes, that's part of the problem.

[Sanadhil] I don't want them to do anything stupid or dangerous, so why would I tell them anything that might cause them to act so?

[Sanadhil] they dpn't have any coercive power

[Sanadhil] Well... no special coercive power

  • Sanadhil ammends.... Phedre is a powerful bard @_@

[Sanadhil] But I'm not very sueseptible to enchantment.

[Ysabeau] Knowledge is a two-way street, Sanadhil.

[Ysabeau] I need to know what the Order is doing, but I dare not go to their meetings myself.

[Sanadhil] I've told you what they are doing.

[Sanadhil] You don't believe me - we remain at an impass.

[Ysabeau] I need to know what their goals are, what means would justify their ends, in their minds.

[Ysabeau] The Phereia, for instance.

[Ysabeau] Would they see it made whole, if they could?

[Sanadhil] what of it?

[Sanadhil] I assume so.

[Ysabeau] Would they kill someone to get whatever blood they require to do so, if that is what was called for?

[Sanadhil] How should I know?

[Sanadhil] I doubt it would be their first resort.

[Sanadhil] would you like me to what, ask them?

  • Ysabeau half-smiles.

[Ysabeau] If you think they'd answer you honestly.

[Sanadhil] do you think they have any more certainty than we do?

[Sanadhil] They haven't gotten any further with the prophecy. Maybe it is the Chancellor. Or maybe not.

[Ysabeau] I think that they could have more pieces to the puzzle, possibly.

[Sanadhil] And if it is.... what do they do with her? They don't know.

[Sanadhil] Not that I'm aware of.

[Sanadhil] Earric... did know more than he'd let on, certainly, but i think we have exhausted the limits of his knowledge at this point

[Ysabeau] If you had more pieces of the puzzle than they do, would you tell any of them?

[Ysabeau] Have you told them about Emkathon?

[Sanadhil] They know of her conceptually.

[Sanadhil] at least, Mlle Lozada-Boyne does

[Sanadhil] And Earric.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] but I don't think it is general knowledge among the order members

[Ysabeau] But not that you found her?

[Sanadhil] I don't trust her with that knowledge.

[Ysabeau] And Earric?

[Sanadhil] He's more complicated.

[Ysabeau] You trust him?

[Sanadhil] Only in very specific contexts.

[Ysabeau] Such as?

[Sanadhil] That's not something I could explain to your satisfaction, i'm sure.

[Ysabeau] I have reasons for being so persistent.

[Sanadhil] Oh, I'm sure you do.

[Ysabeau] There are people I would die to keep safe.

[Sanadhil] M. Olivier?

[Sanadhil] the Emperor?

[Sanadhil] Your sister, I'm sure.....

[Ysabeau] And my baby.

[Sanadhil] ....Ah.

[Sanadhil] Congratulations again?

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] . o O (So many babies @_@)

[Sanadhil] I don't want to see your child endangered - yours or any one else's.

[Sanadhil] if I can prevent it, I will.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] I don't think any of my research into the cult and what it is up to is going to prevent me from doing so.

[Ysabeau] I wouldn't be so sure.

[Sanadhil] I'm not omniopotent, and I don't harbour any illusions that I can stop them from whatever schelmes they may hatch.... if we can give them so much credit.

  • Sanadhil laughs

[Sanadhil] there, you see?

[Sanadhil] it does not matter what i say or what i tell you.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Sanadhil] I am done with this, mlle.

[Ysabeau] I need your help.

  • Sanadhil gives you a guarded incredulous look

[Ysabeau] There's a Legend Lore you don't know about.

[Sanadhil] Go on.

[Ysabeau] And since I can't geas you to not tell the Cult, and wouldn't; without your permission I wouldn't, anyway...

[Ysabeau] I'm just going to have to trust you.

[Ysabeau] I don't suppose there's an oath that you would hold dear?

[Ysabeau] It would make me feel better.

  • Sanadhil considers

[Sanadhil] I could swear it on the stars

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] How about on Emkathon?

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Ysabeau remembers how weird you were when you spoke of her.

[Sanadhil] I could do that.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Sanadhil rubs his chest absently

[Ysabeau] Swear it, then. That you won't tell anyone associated with the cult, or Earric, what I am about to tell you. And that you will do everything you can to prevent endangering my love and my child, and to save them from harm.

[Sanadhil] I swear it by Emkathon, the Mother of Mercy.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Loch du Champe first got this 28 years ago, when Theonee's child was born, and I got the same much more recently.

[Ysabeau] "When a woman fathers a child, and her daughter to Greywatch is kin, when the starlight returns to its first form, as the serpent at last sheds its skin, then the mother of mercy seeks vengeance, and the wheel shall soon cease to spin."

[Sanadhil] Who was it cast on?

[Ysabeau] Martan.

  • Sanadhil pauses, absorbing that information

[Sanadhil] Ah.

[Ysabeau] I love him so, so much.

[Sanadhil] Then my earlier advice stands - be careful.

[Ysabeau] I'm trying to be, which is why I must hope that I have not just made a huge mistake.

[Sanadhil] You haven't.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Thank you, M. Orecalo.

  • Sanadhil nods as well

[Sanadhil] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] I need to think on this.

[Ysabeau] Please do.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] If I have any insights, I will be sure to let you know - but I shoudl let you return to your studies

[Ysabeau] Thank you, but I doubt I'll be able to do much more studying today.

  • Sanadhil smiles sympathetically