Diablotin 2 session 65

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 65 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 17, 2011
Diablotin date: 14th of Seventh-month

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] It is the 14th of Seventh-month, the day of Alma and Danyel's wedding, which is to be held at the Nine Elms temple in Rhenea, followed by a reception at the groom's family's home.

[DiablotinNarrator] The weather looks likely to be clear and sunny, fortunately for all those concerned.

  • Alma is much relieved at that, though she will still have her attendants make sure a parasol is nearby.

[DiablotinNarrator] All of you are invited, with a guest if you wish (those of you who are married, you both were invited ;) and can begin making your way to the temple.


Ysabeau

  • Ysabeau has to leave earlier than most to set up instruments with the Consort in the Temple's musicians balcony.
  • Ysabeau made arrangements with Murienne for her to get where she needs to go - money to hire a carriage/cab or something. :)

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa, you arrive to get set up in the balcony.... You have an odd feeling when you enter the building, as if your skin is prickling from cold.

  • Ysabeau will cast Detect Magic. :O

[DiablotinNarrator] There is certainly some magic in the temple - nothing that seems out of the ordinary, though.

[DiablotinNarrator] A holy water font, that sort of thing.

  • Ysabeau will look for a priest or priestess to ask about it... :o
  • Obern looks up at the young musician

[Ysabeau] Excuse me, Brother?

[Obern] Is something the matter, miss?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Obern] What is it?

[Ysabeau] I am perhaps overly sensitive to trouble at weddings... I was at the Duke and Duchess of Corcyra's when some trouble maker cast Magic Mouth...

[Ysabeau] When I walked in to the Temple just now, I felt strange.

[Obern] strange?

[Obern] how do you mean?

  • Obern can also cast Detect Magic, and presumably is more familiar with what is and is not supposed to be in the chapel? :o

[Ysabeau] My skin tingled, as if I had goose bumps. I cast Detect Magic but there was nothing unusual. I just wanted to warn one of you, in case there's trouble brewing.

[DiablotinNarrator] Obern, you do not notice anything that shouldn't be there when you cast DM.

[Obern] hmmm.

  • Obern frowns thoughtfully

[Obern] I don't see anythign out of the ordinary either, but I'll have a look around.

[Ysabeau] Thank you, Brother.

[Ysabeau] I'll leave it in your capable hands - I have to help my fellows set up for the music.

[Ysabeau] Can you direct me to the way up to the balcony, please?

[Obern] Oh of course!

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa, you feel a little bit better once you're up in the balcony - maybe it's just that it's warmer up there...? Maybe you're just being over-sensitive...?

  • Obern smiles and will show you where the stairs are, and make sure you have everythign else you need before goign off to have a look around and make sure everything is in order @_@
  • Ysabeau finds the rest of the Consort and sets things up, then.


Weird stuff at the Temple

[DiablotinNarrator] Others can begin to arrive whenever you guys wish.

  • Sanadhil arrives with 'Zilvia' just a tad early to get settled, but is relieved that there are some people here he knows a little better and it isn't just all relatives he has never met :p

[DiablotinNarrator] San, as you enter the temple, you feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up, though there is no obvious reason why it should. It's cool in the building, but not chilly.

  • Seth arrives early and ensures he has a nearby stone wall to meld into if necessary.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, when you arrive, even outside the building there is a strange ringing/humming sound in your ears.

[DiablotinNarrator] It only increases inside.

  • Sanadhil eyes Dozilva to see if she noticed anything, and will cast Dm presumably without picking anything up that is unusual p

[Seth] (is it like anything I've heard before?)

[DiablotinNarrator] San - Dozilva seems fine, if anything, she's looking around curiously.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - it is like the reverberation after a huge bell stops ringing, except it goes on and on, inside your head.

  • Seth moves around the temple to see if he can localize the source.

[Sanadhil] (I've never been here before, have I?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (nope)

[DiablotinNarrator] (I don't think any of you have...?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (apart from Alma, obv.)

[Sanadhil] ..You didn't feel anything strange when we entered just now, did you?

  • Sanadhil asks her

[Alma] (Ysabeau possibly.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, true - possibly Ysa... if she has been, she didn't feel anything weird the last time :)

[Dozilva] No... is everything all right?

  • Guillame brings Portia and Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, you settle in comfortably :)

[Sanadhil] ....I hope so.

  • Dominik will arrive with Fredericia

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom, you and Fredericia can have a seat and await the beginning of the ceremony.

[Sanadhil] (Does the feeling pass?)

  • Ilphere will arrive with Menard, of course.

[DiablotinNarrator] (no, it continues, San)

  • Sanadhil will be a bit on edge/alert/distracted regardless

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere, you feel an unexplained chill and surge of excitement as you enter the building.

  • Ilphere looks around...

[Ilphere] . o O ( What is this...? )

[Seth] (have I been able to find a part of the building where it is stronger than others?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - there is an entryway/door that you suspect leads down into a crypt. It seems somewhat stronger there.

  • Ilphere glances at Menard to see if he seems to have noticed anything...
  • Menard seems fine, Ilphere.
  • Seth goes over to Menard and Ilphere quickly.

[Seth] [q] Do you hear that?

  • Menard looks puzzled.

[Menard] Hear what?

[Ilphere] Hear... no...

  • Sanadhil will also look over as Ilphere enters

[Seth] [q] It is strongest over there, by that entryway that leads down to what is probably a crypt. It is as if a bell were ringing in my head, but others do not seem to note it.

[Sanadhil] : Do you feel that?

[Ilphere] : ... Yes... Something is coming...

[Ilphere] Oh...?

[Ilphere] I did feel... something, like a chill.

[Dozilva] Are you sure you're all right?

  • Dozilva asks San, as he looks distracted.

[Seth] [q] Whom do you think we should we inform, Princess?

[Sanadhil] I don't know.

[Ilphere] I am not sure what we would tell them...

[Sanadhil] There is just something about this place...

[Ilphere] :Seth felt something too...

  • Menard looks concerned at both of you.

[Sanadhil] Its like a chill... like something cold is breathing down my neck.

  • Sanadhil tries to explain

[Ilphere] It may be nothing...

  • Ilphere tries to sound nonchalant. :V

[Sanadhil] :Dozilva didn't notice anything...

[Seth] [q] I am going to approach it. If something happens, it will be important for someone to be there to document it.

  • Guillame makes pleasant observations about the architecture to his wife and sister
  • Seth sits close to the crypt entrance, while also ensuring there is a wall nearby to crawl into.

[DiablotinNarrator] (so you are not going down right now, Seth?)

[Ilphere] Alright...

  • Menard pats Ilphere's hand reassuringly.

[Menard] It's probably just the chill, after coming in from the sun outside. Right?

[Seth] (no, not going right down, since presumably the wedding is starting soon?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes)

[Seth] (just staying close then)

[DiablotinNarrator] (k)


Wedding Ceremony

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you are waiting nervously outside with Felise, and Danyel's sister Leodanna and cousin Emmeline, your attendants.

[Ilphere] Oh, probably...!

[Alma] .oO( So many people. )

  • Felise is straightening your hair and gown, even though it probably doesn't need it.

[Felise] You look beautiful :)

[Alma] Thank you @_@

[Alma] Why did we invite so many people?

[Felise] Everything will be perfect, don't worry!

  • Felise reassures you.
  • Alma will take Felise's hand and squeeze it nervously
  • Felise smiles back at you.
  • Alma looks down at her dress to make sure it's still in order.

[Felise] Just think, this will all be over soon, and then you'll have the honeymoon to relax and enjoy :)

[Alma] Some time out of the city will be nice :)

[Alma] Phew...

[Alma] How much time left?

[Felise] Just a few minutes. Are you ready?

[Alma] I am :)

[Alma] Not that it matters, everyone is here :P

  • Felise nods.

[Alma] Thank you again for standing with me. :)

  • Alma turns to include Danyel's sisters as well.

[Felise] You're welcome, of course :) It's an honour.

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, you and the musicians can begin, since things are all in place.

  • Ysabeau and her group do! We play a traditional instrumental piece.

[Alma] ( Alma is in a dress much like 18th-century-wedding-dress-shell-pink.jpg but white with lavender blue periwinkles. )

[Alma] ( Rosetti.JPG )

  • Alma hears the music and will say a small prayer to help calm herself for the performance to come.
  • Reverend_Father Theron is performing the ceremony - he takes up his place, awaiting the arrival of the bride and groom.
  • Danyel and his attendants - Cesar, and two guys who look enough like him that they are probably his brothers - take up their places as well.

[DiablotinNarrator] The bride's attendants enter, followed by Alma...

  • Alma begins her stately walk -_-
  • Danyel looks nervous too, but smiles and offers you his arm once you have made it down the aisle.
  • Alma smiles when she sees him standing there in his suit and takes his arm.
  • Reverend_Father waits for the silence that follows the music before beginning to speak.
  • Alma turns to the Reverend FAther.

[Reverend_Father] Alma and Danyel have come here today, before friends and family, to confirm and solemnize their union. It is an occasion for reflection, but also for joy.

[Reverend_Father] I have the honour of having introduced the young couple, and I am overjoyed to be asked to perform today's rite in celebration of their marriage.

  • Alma beams :)
  • Reverend_Father will deliver a lovely speech about faith and love etc.
  • Reverend_Father then turns to Danyel.

[Reverend_Father] Danyel Rackley...

[Reverend_Father] Do you vow to take this woman, in the sight of all the gods, into your life, your house and your heart? To cherish her and keep her, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, for all the days of this life?

[Danyel] I do.

[Reverend_Father] Alma de Béziers...

[Reverend_Father] Do you vow to take this man, in the sight of all the gods, into your life, your house and your heart? To cherish him and keep him, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, for all the days of this life?

[Alma] I do.

[Reverend_Father] Then is there any just reason why this man and woman should not be joined here today?

  • Reverend_Father asks the assembled crowd.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is silence from the guests.

[Reverend_Father] Then by the power vested in me by the Seven, I pronounce you to be wed. What the gods have joined together, let no one dare to sunder.

  • Danyel squeezes Alma's hand.
  • Alma smiles and squeezes his in return
  • Danyel gives his new wife a kiss.
  • Alma .oO( Eeee! )
  • Alma tries to make tastefully good for him and the audience :P

[DiablotinNarrator] The musicians resume playing for your departure from the temple... those of you who may wish to remain/discuss anything after the ceremony can of course do so.

  • Ysabeau actually sings a lovely traditional wedding song as the couple leaves, but onwards!

Talk about weird stuff at the Temple

[DiablotinNarrator] There is a bit of time before the after-party.

  • Sanadhil looks around for Ilphere as people start to depart, still feeling rather on edge

[Seth] (do I still hear the ringing?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - yes, it hasn't let up at all.

  • Sanadhil smiles to her
  • Ysabeau has to help the musicians pack things up before she can join her beau briefly before having to set up again at the partying place.
  • Seth goes over to Ilphere.

[Seth] [q] I'm going down there.

[Sanadhil] [q] going down where?

  • Ilphere_ will hang around as well...

[Seth] [q] You don't hear it either, then?

[Ilphere_] Do you want me to go...?

[Seth] [q] If you wish ...

[Sanadhil] [q] I don't hear anything, but I feel smething...off.

  • Seth looks over at the crypt entrance.
  • Ysabeau sees them lingering downstairs, from her perch on the balcony.

[Seth] We have some time. Something is clearly amiss. A ... presence is here.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Ysabeau leans over the rail.
  • Dominik will be curious and visit the impromptu gathering
  • Sanadhil looks to his companion. "I just want to see what's causing this."

[Dominik] I didn't see anything wrong with the ceremony, what's the wispering all about?

  • Ilphere_ will have let Menard know she'll catch up in a few minutes, by the way

[Sanadhil] The ceremony was fine. Lovely.

[Seth] [q] Several of us have experienced an unusual sensation. I have been able to localize it to that entryway over there.

  • Dominik shrugs

[Dominik] I feel nothing but lets go look

  • Dominik will head over to the area identified by Seth

[Ilphere_] Hm, interesting...!

  • Sanadhil nods and will go as well 9Dozilva is welcome to come or stay as is convenient for the GM ;p)

[DiablotinNarrator] (she will wait upstairs, for my sanity ;)

  • Seth will head over also, of course.

[Sanadhil] (I thought so. She can talk to menard about sex ;)

  • Ilphere_ moves toward the crypt entrance with the others.


Ysabeau and Martan

  • Martan waits for Ysabeau.
  • Ysabeau flashes him a bright smile, checks with Jehan, Stefan and Symon if there's anything else that needs doing, and makes her way downstairs with her lute.

[Ysabeau] (Is Martan near the group or do I have to bring him over?)

  • Martan is waiting for you, so probably near the stairs.

[Ysabeau] Hello, my dear. :)

  • Martan smiles at you, but he's looking a little pale.

[Martan] Are you ready to go?

  • Ysabeau gives him some scrutiny.

[Ysabeau] I was going to see what the others are doing, but maybe we had better get you out of here first.

[Martan] I'm all right - just a bit of a headache.

[Martan] You go ahead if you want, I can wait outside.

[Ysabeau] When did it come on?

[Martan] Around the time I got here...

[Ysabeau] I felt strange when I first got here, too.

[Martan] You did? Are you all right now?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It faded when I went up to the balcony.

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysa, you can feel the sensation returning, actually, now that you're downstairs again.

  • Ysabeau concentrates to see if she is feeling anything again now that she is downstairs once more.

[Ysabeau] (gmta)

[Ysabeau] No... it's coming back.

[Ysabeau] Let's get you outside. I want to know if it gets better for you, before going to see what the others are up to.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] I overheard them, from the balcony... I think some of them felt something, too.

  • Martan will accompany you outside, then.
  • Ysabeau escorts Martan outside.
  • Martan stands beneath the shade of the elms that give the temple its name.
  • Ysabeau will wait with him for a little, to see if he feels any better.

[Martan] I do feel my head clearing, now that we're out here. I think I'll be fine.

[Ysabeau] That's good. It was just like goosebumps, for me.

  • Martan smiles.

[Ysabeau] I cast a Detect Magic, and then got one of the priests to, as well, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

[Martan] If you still want to talk to your friends, go ahead... I'll just wait here.

  • Ysabeau gives him another scrutinizing glance.

[Ysabeau] Okay. I think I had better talk to them, actually. See who felt it and who didn't...

[Ysabeau] I shouldn't be too long, my dear.

  • Ysabeau will give him a quick peck on the cheek.
  • Ysabeau heads back inside, worrying about him.


Crypt Raid

[DiablotinNarrator] Those of you inside, you're going down into the crypt?

[Sanadhil] (I cast mage armour just in case O_O)

[Dominik] (sure)

[Ilphere_] (yes)

[Seth] (yup)

[Sanadhil] (and arcane sight)

[DiablotinNarrator] The crypt door is left unlocked when the temple is open, presumably in case people want to pay respects to the deceased.

[DiablotinNarrator] The stairs down are narrow stone steps, not as well-lit as they could be.

[DiablotinNarrator] The long, narrow vault beneath the temple is chill and damp, with the stone slabs of graves lining the walls.

  • Ilphere_ will cast detect magic...

[Sanadhil] (Does the feeling get any stronger once we are inside?)

[Seth] (yeah, how am I doing?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - the sound is louder down here, and those of you who felt chilled feel it more strongly here.

[Ilphere_] It's definitely more intense here...

[Seth] The sound is getting louder and louder ... we're getting closer to ... whatever it is.

  • Sanadhil nods, repressing a shiver


Ysabeau and Guillame

  • Ysabeau spots Guillame.

[Ysabeau] Your Grace! Not curious what the others are up to?

  • Ysabeau curtseys for the Duke

[Guillame] Hm? Oh, hello Ysabeau

[Ysabeau] Hello. Did you feel anything when you came here?

[Guillame] Why, are they "up to" something in particular?

[Ysabeau] Yes, investigating.

[Ysabeau] I think.

[Silvia_] Did they hear the singing?

  • Silvia_ asks curiously.
  • Ysabeau glances curiously at the girl.

[Ysabeau] I don't know, Mlle...?

[Ysabeau] I felt a chill.

[Ysabeau] I heard them talking while I was packing my instruments - I think some of them felt something too.

[Ysabeau] Will you come? We can go find out what they're doing.

[Guillame] Ysabeau, this is my sister Silvia. Silvia, this is Ysabeau Chanuier, renowned entertainer.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Guillame] I suppose I had better.

[Ysabeau] Pleased to meet you, Your Grace.

[Guillame] Would either of you care to join us?

  • Silvia_ nods politely.
  • Guillame asks Portia and Silvia

[Silvia_] No thank you, I'll stay with Portia.

[Silvia_] It's too far down, anyway.

[Ysabeau] M. Olivier is waiting outside for me, if you care to join him...

  • Ysabeau suggests.
  • Silvia_ and Portia will wait for you to return, then.
  • Ysabeau leads Guillame into the Temple proper, then.


Crypt Raid, the continuation

[DiablotinNarrator] Meanwhile, the rest of you down in the crypt are searching about for any possible source of the mysterious sound/feeling.

[DiablotinNarrator] So far, without success...

  • Sanadhil will try detect secret doors, just in case

[DiablotinNarrator] There are no secret doors, San.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you can make a K: architecture check if you like

[Seth] (28)

[Sanadhil] I could try true seeing....

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you would say that this crypt was not actually a crypt, in its original function. It is the remains of an older building, and the temple must have been later built on top of it.

[Sanadhil] but if there is some kind of mundane concealment, it weould be a waste

[Seth] (how old, and can I tell what original purpose?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (very, and you're not sure)

[Seth] This area is much older than the temple itself.

  • Ysabeau and Guillame head down into the crypt...

[Seth] It strikes me, also, as very irregular, as crypts go.

[Sanadhil] How os?

[Sanadhil] (so?)

[Seth] It's the wrong shape; the temple is round, but this area is oblong.

[Seth] The age and masonry of the bricks tells me it was built much earlier.

[Sanadhil] ....Perhaps we shoudl come back sometime when we have more time to explore...

  • Sanadhil bruches some crypt dust off his wedding duds ;p

[Sanadhil] (brushes)

[Seth] You may feel free to return. I intend to continue onward.

  • Sanadhil says somewhat reluctantly

[Sanadhil] hmm.

  • Sanadhil looks to the others

[Sanadhil] I suppose that may be easier for you in anybcase -inless you can see some other way of investigating the lower building without simply sinking through it

[Dominik] makes little differnce to me staying or going

  • Ysabeau and Guillame catch up...

[Ysabeau] Hello, everyone. I'm guessing you felt something, too.

  • Sanadhil looks over at the other two
  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] Did you find anything?

[Seth] Indeed.

[Sanadhil] It seems this crypt is ontop of an older structure of some sort

[Ysabeau] Ah. Interesting.

  • Ysabeau glances at Guillame.

[Ysabeau] I wonder if part of the Undercity is below us?

[Seth] That is possible, M. Orecalo, but I do not say that to a certainty.

[Seth] It is clear that this area is built earlier than the temple above. What lies below, I cannot say.

[Guillame] I always hope so!

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] My mistake then...

[Ysabeau] Another expedition, perhaps?

  • Sanadhil looks around the crypt again

[Seth] In any case, let us continue forth, those of us who are going onward.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil will follow on

[DiablotinNarrator] Where are you continuing to? there don't seem to be any other exits other than the one you came in.

  • Seth tries to see if there are any walls that he can slip through into a further chamber.

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - you can try stepping through the walls, but you don't get far - just dirt beyond.

  • Seth steps back out then.

[Sanadhil] (does this remind me at all of the cult chamber?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (San - yes, it is reminiscent)

[Seth] This is most unusual. The emanation seems to be coming from this place.

  • Ysabeau crosses her arms and tries to rub some warmth into her skin to get the goosebump feeling to go away.

[Seth] Do we know who is buried here?

  • Sanadhil will cast true seeing, in case there *is* something we are missing...

[Ysabeau] I would imagine old priests and the like.

  • Guillame takes a look around

[Ysabeau] And... Sister Alma said this is where she found Brother Strauch's body.

[DiablotinNarrator] There are names on most of the graves - none you particularly recognize.

[DiablotinNarrator] San - you see nothing new with your True Seeing.

[Ysabeau] It wouldn't just be him manifesting, would it?

[Sanadhil] hmm

  • Sanadhil frowns at the component waste

[Sanadhil] if it was i shoudl be abe to see it - i woudl have assume she'd have laid his spirit to rest, in any case

  • Guillame looks for any signs of what the room would have been used for before - artefacts, mechanisms, purpose-built shelves
  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Ysabeau tries to mentally calculate how much time is passing.

[DiablotinNarrator] You have probably been messing around after the service for about half an hour by now.

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, you can make a Search check.

[Sanadhil] Can you tell if there *is* anything below?

  • Sanadhil asks Seth
  • Seth slips into the floor to check.

[Ysabeau] What does it feel like to the rest of you? It seems to affect people in different ways. It feels like cold, to me.

  • Ysabeau asks while we wait for Seth to return.

[Dominik] I feel nothing

[Sanadhil] It is similar, yes

[Ysabeau] How about you, Ilphere?

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth - you can stick your head through and find that there is a large, narrow opening beneath - something like a well, perhaps, though you think it's natural, not man-made.

[Ilphere_] I feel... cold, yes, but also a sense of... anticipation.

[Ysabeau] Hmmm.

[Seth] (is the sound louder down there?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (large as in deep, that is)

[DiablotinNarrator] Slightly, Seth. You're only closer by about the length of a head :p

  • Seth comes back up.

[Sanadhil] Anything there?

[Seth] There is a deep natural pit or vertical tunnel below this chamber. I couldn't see down there, but it was far deeper than any ordinary chamber.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] Natural or made?

[Sanadhil] We shoudl come back, then, when we have a better opportunity to investigate

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Seth] Definitely natural, as I said.

[Ysabeau] Oh, sorry - mind's on other things.

[Sanadhil] I suppose it would be possibe for you to look further o your own, but if these sensations persist or worse, it coudl become dangerously distracting for someone alone.

[Seth] Yes ... I will need to do further investigation into this matter.

  • Guillame rolls 1d20+16: (17)+ 16 = 33
  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I for one have someone waiting for me above, in any case

[Ysabeau] I can't dally, unfortunately... and Alma will wonder what's up if the rest of you don't show up at her party. ;)

  • Ysabeau nods at Sanadhil.
  • Ysabeau moves towards the stairs.

[Sanadhil] Yes, I'm sure she would be terribly upset -_-

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame - the room gives you the feeling of a ritual space, though you can't put your finger on why, other than the darkness/closeness/undergroundness of it.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is no obvious decoration/mechanism/in-built structures that gives an obvious sign of its purpose.

[DiablotinNarrator] All of you make your way back up the stairs, then?

  • Ysabeau will ask Seth if he felt it on the way up.
  • Sanadhil will head back up, yes

[Seth] Yes, it was as if a bell were ringing in my head that only I could hear.

[Ysabeau] Huh. It was just like cold to me.

[Ysabeau] Interesting.

[Sanadhil] Perhaps it has somethign to do with your connection to the city, then...

  • Ysabeau heads back out to Martan to see how he's doing, and to thank him for patiently waiting.

[Sanadhil] Though your descripeion is reminiscent of the eternit bell as well

  • Sanadhil muses
  • Sanadhil tries to make sure he still looks presentable

[Seth] Perhaps so; it's difficult to say.

[Seth] I shall research the Nine Elms further, to see what lies underneath it, or next to it.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I woudl be very interested to hear what you find

[Guillame] I got the impression of the room as sort of a ritual chamber, but... I'm not certain as to why. It would fit with the pit underneath, though...

  • Sanadhil nods

[DiablotinNarrator] You rejoin your respective guests upstairs, then, and can proceed on to the reception at the Rackley house.


Wedding Reception

[DiablotinNarrator] Most of the guests have already arrived by the time you get there, most likely.

[DiablotinNarrator] I have a ... large list of guests @_@

  • Ysabeau hurries to see what else needs doing for the music...
  • Sanadhil will tell Dozilva about what little we found @_@
  • Ysabeau would have filled Martan in on the way, as well.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is no sit-down dinner for 100+ guests, but there are many refreshments available.

  • Ysabeau plays music as needed, whee!

[Alma] (Yeah, you're out and about :P)

[DiablotinNarrator] People can talk to people. Etc. Do your thing.

  • Ysabeau circulates among the crowd and socializes.
  • Sanadhil will circulate some, anyway, though there are only a few people here he knows @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] If you want to talk to other PCs or SPCs, go to another channel. If you want to talk to an NPC, talk to me and we'll get on with it.

  • Ysabeau hopes Murienne and Amiel are having a good time.
  • Alma probably spends most of the beginning socialising with direct family.
  • Guillame will check that Portia and Silvia are ok, and then of course will see if he can spot Aden


Seth and Vianca

  • Seth will talk to Vianca.
  • Seth tries to catch Vianca at a quiet moment.
  • Vianca is there with her husband, but you can catch her alone if need be.

[Seth] Ah, good evening, Mme. Belden. I wonder whether I might have a moment of your time.

[Vianca] Oh, M. Argo. Of course.

[Seth] It is about the new ... guest member.

[Vianca] Ah, yes. What about him?

[Seth] I wanted to ensure that someone had informed you of the situation, and I am glad to see that one of my compatriots, perhaps the bride herself, has done so.

[Vianca] Yes, I've been informed. I appreciate your concern, but so far the situation seems to be under control.

[Seth] I have relocated him to a nearby and accessible position, for the time being. He seems very content so long as his access to the library is relatively unrestricted.

  • Vianca nods.

[Vianca] Where is this position?

[Seth] It is underground, but accessible to the Society through some unused tunnels and ducts.

[Vianca] Very well...

[Seth] In the longer term, I ... well, I wanted to know what, if any formal arrangement might need to be made.

[Seth] For instance, is it your desire to be introduced to him?

[Vianca] I have already spoken with him.

[Seth] Ah! I did not know. If I might ask ... what did he have to say?

[Vianca] We discussed the rules of the Society, and he agreed to abide by them. I am also given to understand that he will normally only be in the building at night, which should cut down on the chances of others running into him inadvertently.

[Seth] That is in everyone's best interest, I am certain.

  • Vianca nods.

[Seth] I have been giving much thought to a new paper for the Society, on the innermost areas of the Mausoleum. It would be a topic of some interest, and I am certain that our new guest would have useful insights as well.

[Vianca] No doubt he would, yes... I look forward to hearing your paper, then.

[Seth] Thank you for your time, Mme. Belden. I hope that you enjoy the remainder of your evening.

[Vianca] Thank you, you too.

  • Seth wanders off to pretend to be hungry.


Dominik and Fredericia

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom, Fredericia seems a bit... cross about something.

[Dominik] You seem bothered. What is it?

[Fredericia] Just someone here I'd rather not have to talk to. But I probably will, knowing him.

[Dominik] And who is this most desired to be avoided fellow?

  • Fredericia nods in the direction of a tall, thin blond man of perhaps about 40.

[Fredericia] The Count of Dymera.

[Fredericia] Oh, and his wife is here, even more delightful.

[Fredericia] I suppose I should go talk to him, get it over with.

[Dominik] Is this where you reveal a sordid past experience to me?

  • Fredericia sighs.

[Fredericia] Well you didn't think I was celibate until I met you, did you?

  • Dominik feigns shock

[Dominik] You mean...

[Fredericia] Yes, well. I was younger, and more stupid.

[Fredericia] And I thought that it didn't matter that he was married, because he loved me.

  • Fredericia says dryly.

[Dominik] And talking to him will gain what? Should I come with you and glare at him?

[Fredericia] Well, I doubt he'll let me be all night. Talking to him might pre-empt a more unfortunate scene later.

[Fredericia] And yes, feel free to come and glare if you like.

[Dominik] Excellent. A little bit of glaring should improve my mood.

  • Fredericia smiles slightly at that.

[Dominik] Let us be done with this pretense

  • Fredericia will make her way over to the Count, then, with you on her arm.

[Fredericia] Good evening, M. Escalera.

  • Fredericia says politely.
  • Jovien smiles unpleasantly.

[Jovien] Good evening to you too, Mlle. Hartzell. And to your new companion...?

[Fredericia] M. Rademacher.

  • Fredericia introduces you.

[Dominik] How nice to meet you.

  • Dominik says with little emotion

[Jovien] Ahh, the son of Sydona Rademacher I take it? You rather take after her.

[Dominik] So I've been told.

[Jovien] She was a lovely young lady... quite entertaining.

  • Jovien smiles once more.

[Fredericia] And your lady wife is here as well - how kind of you to bring her out.

[Dominik] I wasn't aware the two of you were so well aquainted. I don't recall her ever mentioning you.

[Jovien] Oh, to be sure, it was many years ago.

[Jovien] But I'm sure she would recall my name.

[Jovien] She screamed it often enough.

  • Jovien says mildly.

[Dominik] Excuse me Fredericia, I seem to be not hearing things correctly. Did this man say something disrespectful about my dear mother?

[Fredericia] I believe he did, my dear. Perhaps he's mistaken this for a common tavern, instead of a noble home.

[Jovien] Clearly you haven't been in the right noble homes. I admit this one is a bit dull.

[Dominik] I just want to be sure, because I would hate to have misheard and have come into conflict unnecessarily.

[Fredericia] No, I don't think you misheard. But perhaps, in order to avoid causing offense to our hosts, this should be settled on another occasion?

[Dominik] I just want to make sure of what I heard, and yes you are right, I would hate to disrespect our host.

  • Fredericia nods.
  • Fredericia turns to the Count.

[Fredericia] [q] Jovien, I seriously doubt anyone has ever screamed your name who wasn't faking it. Have a lovely evening.

  • Fredericia turns to leave.

[Dominik] Hope I don't run into you someplace else

  • Jovien nods politely.
  • Dominik glares in a very Overbearing fashion.
  • Jovien will turn to go as well, looking perhaps slightly less confident than he did.

[Dominik] (only a 22 :()

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh)

[Dominik] [q] I won't just be glaring the next time I cross paths with that fool

  • Fredericia pats your arm.

[Fredericia] I didn't think he'd be *that* obnoxious. He must be feeling particularly idiotic tonight.

[Dominik] There's a cure for that, you know.

  • Fredericia smiles at that.

[Fredericia] Dagger to the eyeball?

  • Fredericia seems in a better mood now, at least, oddly enough.


Guillame and Ysabeau

  • Guillame catches up with Ysabeau when she's not playing
  • Ysabeau has just procured a glass of wine.

[Guillame] Mmle Chanuier - I got the impression that you wanted to ask me something earlier, but we didn't really have time to talk about it. Was I wrong?

[Ysabeau] Oh, Your Grace, yes, actually.

[Ysabeau] And what happened today may have been merely coincidence, or it may tie in somehow...

[Ysabeau] I was wondering if your people have any stories about places to avoid in the Undercity, because of a rumoured sacredness or something of that sort?

[Guillame] It would be in character - there's at least one, under the down where the arch is.

[Ysabeau] Oh yes?

[Ysabeau] I doubt I'm the only one who is thinking about Emkathon being Imprisoned; it would mean she is underground somewhere.

[Guillame] Yes - I gather it was used by the priesthood

[Ysabeau] House Rat's priesthood, or all the Houses?

  • Ysabeau assumes Guillame was still talking about the room where the Arch is, there...

[Guillame] Rat's

[Ysabeau] Ah.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Guillame] Emkathon... I suppose somebody might have known something if it's true, but I don't think anyone is left to talk about it.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It's true that people with firsthand knowledge may all have passed away - far many years before House Rat re-emerged, even.

[Ysabeau] But legends and tales often have a grain of truth to them.

[Ysabeau] Anyway, it was just something that struck me.

[Ysabeau] So, if anything comes to mind, or you come across anything during your research, it could be very interesting.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Ysabeau] Of course, it could also be very dangerous knowledge, depending on who has access to it.

[Ysabeau] So... it's up to your discretion, of course.

[Guillame] Absolutely.

[Guillame] Thank you, Mlle.

[Ysabeau] You're welcome.

[Ysabeau] Your sister seems really nice.

[Ysabeau] How is she doing?

  • Ysabeau asks delicately.

[Guillame] Quite well, considering

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] She looks to be only about my sister's age...

  • Ysabeau 's expression betrays some sadness.

[Ysabeau] Hey -

[Ysabeau] Maybe we could introduce them.

[Guillame] She might like that, yes...

[Guillame] Is your sister... easily perturbed?

  • Ysabeau is a bit surprised by the question... then laughs.

[Ysabeau] I would have to say... no.

[Ysabeau] She's a very mature, levelheaded young girl.

[Ysabeau] And I'm sure I have done many things that would perturb most.

[Guillame] Good - when Silvia thinks she can trusty someone, she can be... very insightful, and I'd hate for it to cost her her friendships.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Muri's here with a young boy - a young man, really, I suppose. She met him in preist training. He's really quite a sweetheart himself.

[Ysabeau] We should go find them and make this happen. :)

[Guillame] Let's


Ysabeau, Guillame, Murienne and Silvia

  • Ysabeau looks around for Murienne and Amiel...

[Ysabeau] Oh there she is!

  • Ysabeau smiles and leads Guillame over to Murienne.
  • Silvia_ is probably sticking fairly close to Guillame and/or Portia.
  • Murienne smiles to see you.

[Ysabeau] Hello Muri!

[Ysabeau] And you too, Amiel!

[Murienne] Hello :) Wasn't it a beautiful ceremony?

[Ysabeau] (What does he look like?)

  • Ysabeau grins fondly; Murienne might say that about any wedding, it seems.

[Ysabeau] It was, yes. Very.

  • Amiel is about average height for a 16-year-old boy, light brown curly hair cut short, green eyes.

[Guillame] [q to Silvia] Ysabeau's a nice person, and she thinks that you'll like her sister - does that sound ok?

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Ysabeau] Are you two enjoying yourselves?

[Guillame] [q] Ok

[Murienne] Everything's so grand! The food, the house, the clothes...

[Amiel] We're having a very nice time.

  • Amiel says politely.
  • Ysabeau glances merrily at Amiel. (SM? Polite because that's just how he is, or polite because he's being polite to cover up something else...)
  • Amiel just seems to be on his best behaviour, given the circumstances.

[Ysabeau] I've someone I'd like to introduce you both to. Her name is Silvia Rionet... She is the Duchess of Coindeliere, and M. Rionet - the Duke of Corcyra's - little sister.

  • Silvia_ smiles shyly.

[Ysabeau] Silvia, this is my sister, Murienne Chanuier. And her close friend, Amiel.

[Silvia_] I'm pleased to meet you.

  • Guillame smiles and waves gently, and ushers Silvia forward
  • Ysabeau probably mentioned the murders of her mother and sister to Murienne, at least, when they were still current events.

[Murienne] Hello Silvia :) I guess you're training to be a priest as well?

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Murienne] So are both of us :)

[Murienne] Amiel's almost done, though, and I'm just starting.

  • Amiel nods.
  • Ysabeau glances at Guillame and flashes him a smile.

[Silvia_] Do you like it? The training, I mean?

[Murienne] Oh, yes! I enjoy it very much.

  • Ysabeau is hopeful that they will hit things off together. Muri could use a few more friends than Amiel!

[Silvia_] I like parts of it, but parts of it are ...

  • Silvia_ shrugs.
  • Murienne and Silvia and Amiel seem like they can safely go on chatting, then.
  • Guillame tries to look distracted, but listens

[Murienne] Do you want to come with us and have some of the fruit that's on those trays over there, Silvia?

  • Silvia_ looks back at Guillame, as if checking for permission.
  • Guillame nods to Silvia
  • Ysabeau smiles for Muri and Amiel, an encouraging/thanking sort of smile.
  • Silvia_ will go with them, then, and seems reasonably happy with that, not constantly looking back or nervous.
  • Ysabeau always feels a little weird when she acts motherly towards Murienne, these days.


Seth and Sanadhil

  • Seth wanders over to speak to Sanadhil.
  • Sanadhil can be caught up with at some point where he is Dozilvaless, for convenience.... either she is off dancing wth someone, or perhaps he is fetching drinks...

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon, M. Argo.

[Seth] So ... what do you make of this afternoon's excitement?

[Sanadhil] I have the feeling that whatever we find down that shaft could be potentially very exciting, indeed...

[Sanadhil] but I am trying not to anticipate too much.

[Sanadhil] What did you make of it?

[Seth] The last investigation I undertook into temple architecture led us to the Shadow Plane. Perhaps it is overly optimistic to hope for equally spectacular results.

[Sanadhil] Perhaps...

[Seth] The question of why it affected us so differently, and some of us not at all, I find to be highly intriguing, although I am unlikely to find an answer in a book.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Yes, I was curious about that myself

[Sanadhil] I thought perhaps there may have been some connection to the arch, but then I would have expected it to affect M. Rademacher, and not Mlle Chanuier.

[Sanadhil] She is the one that is harderst to connect.

[Seth] Hmm, yes ... and as for why you would be affected, if it does not relate to the arch, that is difficult to say.

[Sanadhil] Precisely.

[Sanadhil] It may simply be a matter of the way that magic sometimes has a harder time penetrating the defenses of some...

[Seth] Perhaps so.

[Sanadhil] though i would not have expected M. Rademacher to be particularly well defended in that case - perhaps he was just lucky.

[Seth] It seems as if I was the only one able to localize the effect, however. That is intriguing.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] it certainly affected you differently, that is clear.

[Sanadhil] and Possibly the princess as well... though possibly in that case it was just a matter of strength.

[Seth] The Countess suspects I am not fully human any longer, or so I surmise.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Sanadhil] How interesting...

[Sanadhil] I know that her divinatory ability have some ways of telling such things

[Sanadhil] has she used them on you?

[Seth] She has not told me that she has, but I suspect that she has, and that she has learned something of my nature, and is not telling me, because it would lead me further astray from the path she sees as desirable for me.

[Seth] For instance, towards an increased rejection of the Seven.

  • Sanadhil blinks
  • Sanadhil looks pensive as he processes that outburst of suspiscion and tried to decide if he thinks Alma would do that

[Sanadhil] she does seem quite keen to keep the flock inside the fold, its true, but in my experience she hasn'

[Sanadhil] t seemed overly inclined to keep such matters from the subject...

[Sanadhil] Though she has grown increasingly secretive..... as have we all.

[Seth] It is true, unfortunately.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] You could ask her about it directly - she's a terrible liar, at least.

[Seth] I could ... perhaps not today, though.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Perhaps not, indeed.

[Seth] Did you have any additional insights on the crypt that you might share?

[Sanadhil] No, though it does make me curious about whether there might be other simialr sites, where a newer church was built over some older place of worship

[Seth] Certainly I know of many cases where new temples were built over old ones, or new ones built out of parts of older structures on the same site. But this seems very different.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I wonder if it would be wise to ask Laeken...

[Seth] I can't see how it would hurt.

[Sanadhil] On the one hand, he would surely know. On the other hand, if it is not somwehere he would like us investigating..... there may be unpleasant consequenches

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I understand he has moved to his new quarters... if you were interested in broaching the matter with him together, it would be best done in the late evening, at the society.

[Seth] I will investigate the matter on my own, through books, before consulting Laeken at all.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] of course

[Seth] Are you thinking ... that perhaps ...

[Seth] [w] Emkathon?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Seth] Hmmm ...

[Sanadhil] it is possible

[Sanadhil] but it could be something else.

[Seth] Yes, I will not prejudge the matter, of course.

[Sanadhil] The spell he claims he used should prevent any of her power from escaping..... though she was quite powerful still, as I understand

  • Sanadhil speaks quiety

[Sanadhil] I'm also not certain he is being entirely truthful

[Sanadhil] it is a very specialized spell... not one wth much cause for use, and not commonly known to sorcerers, as a result...

[Seth] Hmm, so what are you suggesting?

[Sanadhil] That it mnay have been done some other way.... It is only a suspiscion at this stage.

[Sanadhil] I'm very eager to see if there is any way she can be contacted

[Seth] I do not know enough about magical spells to address the issue. But I agree, if we can find her, then there may be a way to communicate with her, at the very least.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Imraen's magical status, for instance, should prevent anything like her dream realm from arising. On that front, at least, I'm encouraged. It isn't as it there are a lot of practical instances of spells of that power being cast, and enduring for such a long period.

[Seth] Mmm, yes, I see.

[Sanadhil] The spells are fairly similar in some respects, as well

[Seth] Is there any danger involved, if I should return to the Nine Elms alone, do you think?

  • Sanadhil smiles with a hint of 'look at who you are asking'

[Sanadhil] If it is dangerous, it is certainly dangerous to *you* as well

[Sanadhil] I woudl think that it woudl be better to have some assistance on hand

[Seth] On the other hand, I can readily slip into a wall

[Sanadhil] indeed.

[Sanadhil] but if the chasm is naturally occuring, will you still be able to do so?

[Seth] As long as it is considered to be within the city still, it should work.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] then there is the qustion as to whether that would protect you

[Sanadhil] if this is connected in some way to your power.

[Sanadhil] If I may be frank - I would also be personally disappointed to miss an opportunity to learn what is down there myself.

[Seth] I understand, of course.

[Sanadhil] Yes, I'm sure you feel similarly.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure the pricess does as well - it just seems more prudent to coordinate our efforts

[Seth] Since we are evidently both planning a trip, regardless of what the other plans, we may as well go together.

[Sanadhil] precisely

  • Sanadhil smiles again.

[Seth] Very well, then.

[Sanadhil] the question then becomes how inclusive you want the expedition to be

[Sanadhil] I would suggest that it may be good to have at least one member who was not affected by the presence

[Sanadhil] or whetever it is.

[Seth] Hmm ... I would only want to include those who can reasonably escape of their own power, should things turn nasty.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] depending on how we gain access, that can be a fairly limiting factor

[Seth] I agree, and yet, I cannot see any way around it.

[Sanadhil] I believe that the princess, or the Countess even, have spells that woudl allow the rest of us to pass through the floor without damaging it

[Sanadhil] but then exiting without those spells again could become an issue

  • Sanadhil considers

[Sanadhil] Do you think the passage might be accessible through some other means? Through the undercuity perhaps?

[Sanadhil] Duke Rionet may know more about that...

[Seth] Perhaps so.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] We can give planning further thought at a more convenient time, in any case

  • Sanadhil looks around at the roomfull of wedding guests

[Seth] Yes, I agree.

[Sanadhil] A very engaging conversation nonetheless - thak M. Argo.

[Seth] Of course, M. Orecalo. I will be in touch shortly.

  • Sanadhil nods his goodday, then and will go find his girlfriend :)


Alma and Loick

  • Loick stops by to congratulate you, Alma.

[Alma] (Is he titled too?)

  • Loick is the Duke of Brissarthe, as well as Chief Sorcerer.

[Alma] Ah, thank you, Your Grace, I'm so pleased you could attend :)

[Loick] It's been delightful, thank you for inviting me.

[Loick] May I beg a favour of you?

[Alma] How have things been at your new post?

[Alma] I imagine so, Your Grace :)

[Loick] Oh, very well so far - despite all the rumours of my imminent attempts to assassinate the Emperor, it seems fine.

[Alma] :o

[Alma] I ... had not heard those, though I suppose you would try to keep those underwraps.

[Loick] I am not, in fact, intent on killing him, don't worry :)

[Loick] It's not as if it would help me anyway - you'd have more luck becoming Emperor than I would, I suspect, and priests aren't even allowed ;)

  • Alma looks mortified and fakes some diplomatic bafflement though she wonders if this is related.

[Loick] No, everything is fine, thank you.

  • Loick says, having mercy on you.

[Alma] What is this favour?

[Loick] I was hoping you might be able to introduce me to the lovely young lady who attended you today. Mlle. Lozada, I believe?

  • Alma chuckles.

[Alma] Yes, I would be happy to introduce you. :)

[Loick] Thank you, I would appreciate it greatly.

[Alma] I would like to ask a favour in return. I had hoped to arrange a meeting after our honeymoon to speak with you about a professional matter. If you have a moment?

[Loick] But of course.

[Alma] (Are we semi-private?)

  • Loick will walk aside with you to a semi-private locale.

[Alma] It concerns something I've learned about Kavreshar, which I trust is somewhat under your portfolio?

  • Loick nods.

[Loick] Indeed, among others...

[Alma] I do not envy your workload.

[Loick] Heh.

  • Alma says with complete sincerity and a bit of understanding.

[Loick] What is it you've learned?

[Alma] Well, two things... the first is that there is a demon which works with Kavreshar which was described as a "male scribe". The second, which I learned earlier, but couldn't confirm was anything but an allegation, was that Evalier Moncaire was a demon of some sort.

  • Loick listens intently, looking more serious.

[Alma] I am somewhat ashamed it took me a few weeks to realise that with the Chief Sorcerer involved in working against Kavreshar, that this "male scribe" might be perfectly positioned in the office of the Chief Sorcerer...

[Alma] Of course, it would be necessarily a very dangerous place for one to be, but there are ways to avoid detection...

[Loick] M. Moncaire was with the former Chief Sorcerer when she died. His body was never recovered, but it's been assumed he was also killed in the accident.

[Alma] I thought I was paranoid for thinking that perhaps Ms. Hartzell came close to learning something important... the mind does try to find excuses for tragedy...

[Alma] I would very much like to acquire one of M. Moncaire's effects. I have a divinatory ability which might allow me to determine what race he is...

[Loick] I can see if there is anything left that would have belonged to him.

[Alma] It would also allow me to more easily attempt a Scrying, if you think investigating this matter further would be of benefit.

  • Alma realises who she's talking to... -_-

[Loick] It might, yes. I will see what can be found, and consult with you again - though when you are less busy, I think :)

[Alma] Yes, of course. I will send word by your office to let you know when we've returned :)

[Loick] I appreciate it, Sister. Thank you.

[Alma] Enjoy the rest of the evening, Your Grace :)

[Loick] I plan to :)

[Alma] Oh, yes, Felise...

[Alma] I had almost forgotten :)

  • Alma will take Loick over to introduce him.

[Alma] (As she begins to walk away, but before getting into public.) You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Moncaire was a demon that those rumours might be related.

  • Loick nods.

[Loick] It might be, indeed.

  • Alma escorts him to Felise.
  • Loick bows politely to the young lady.

[Alma] Felise, may I introduce the Duke of Brissarthe, Loick Silveira?

[Alma] This is Felise Lozada, who did me the honor of standing with me today :)

[Loick] A pleasure to meet you, my lady.

[Felise] And you as well, your grace.

  • Loick will chat politely with Felise, then.

[DiablotinNarrator] We'll end there, for now... solos forthcoming.

Solos

Alma and Marl

[Marl] Congratulations, Countess Alma :)

  • Alma of course informs any attendants that should the Emperor need anything at all!
  • Marl says, smiling politely.

[Alma] Thank you, Your Majesty. We're both honoured you chose to join us on our special day :)

[Marl] I'm sorry that my wife wasn't able to make it.

[Alma] Of course, I expect she is quite busy, and has an extra burden to slow her down as well :)

[Alma] We've all been waiting anxiously for your own special day. Two months from now is it?

[Marl] Indeed - she was simply feeling under the weather today, I'm afraid.

[Marl] Yes, just about that.

[Alma] That's unfortunate. Everything is going quite well though, I hear?

[Alma] (Er, I suppose I should have asked if that's correct first :P)

[Marl] Yes, more or less as well as can be expected, I think.

[Alma] Well, pass along our wishes for her continued good health.

[Marl] Thank you, I will.

[Alma] I don't imagine many women feel completely fit and sound when they're carrying about those extra pounds :)

[Marl] Indeed... she is quite delicately-built as well, so I imagine it is a difficult burden for her.

  • Alma briefly considers the merits of making /sure/ the Emperor is informed about all the assorted goings on in the Empire...

[Alma] (Was it those two who adopted the Kizer child?)

[Marl] (yes)

[Alma] How is Tessera faring?

[Marl] Oh, the poor dear... it's difficult for her, of course, she doesn't really understand. But she has many people to take care of her, and I think she's improving.

[Alma] That's good. It was a true tragedy... so many people that didn't make it :(

[Marl] Yanina is quite attached to her - I expect she will be raised alongside our children.

[Marl] Yes... very sad, indeed.

[Alma] That's wonderful. It will give you a glimpse of what's to come after the noisier early years, as well :)

[Marl] I suppose it will, at that :)

[Marl] Although I must say, three seems to be quite a noisy age as well!

[Alma] Yes, but it's at least during the day, no?

[Marl] Well, if it happens at night, it mostly bothers the nursery maids, fortunately...

  • Marl says with a slight smile.

[Marl] Do you and your husband intend to have children soon, Sister?

[Alma] Yes, that will be a huge relief to you both I'm sure. I can't imagine how one could carry one one's business having to feed a child every two or three hours -_-

[Alma] I think we will be waiting for a little while at least. Things are quite ... interesting in the Empire, and I'm not sure I even have time to raise a child properly.

  • Alma puts an emphasis on "interesting"

[Marl] That is quite understandable, given present circumstances.

[Marl] Well, I certainly wish the two of you every happiness.

[Alma] Thank you again, Your Majesty :) Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you enjoy the rest of your evening :)

[Marl] Thank you, I certainly shall.

  • Alma will bow or curtsy whichever is appropriate.
  • Marl inclines his head politely and leaves you to your other guests.


Ysabeau and Martan

  • Martan has seemed a bit distracted since you arrived at the reception.

[Ysabeau] Darling, are you sure you're all right?

  • Ysabeau has tried to give him space but has been concerned since the problem at the Temple.

[Martan] I'm fine... my head isn't hurting anymore.

[Ysabeau] All right. You just seem distracted. I can't help but wonder why.

[Martan] Because both the Lord Marshall and the Chancellor are here.

[Ysabeau] Of course. I'm sorry.

[Martan] It's all right... I just keep seeing them, and it makes me think.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] I'm sorry I'm not paying more attention to you...

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] It's fine, really.

[Ysabeau] We'd look pretty silly if we both just spent the evening gazing into one another's eyes.

  • Martan smiles faintly at that.

[Ysabeau] You don't have to apologize for having other things to think about than me. Honestly.

  • Ysabeau thinks it's cute that he would apologize for that, though.

[Martan] I'm watching them carefully avoid each other. It's very interesting.

[Ysabeau] What have you noticed, in particular?

[Martan] Well, they don't make eye contact, at least not that I've noticed.

[Martan] It suggests to me that they still cause each other pain, at some level.

  • Ysabeau nods noncommittally.

[Martan] Or at least, awkwardness. I don't quite know.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] That's what I figured it would likely be.

  • Ysabeau admits.

[Martan] The Lord Marshall is here with his daughter...

[Ysabeau] As her escort?

[Martan] Yes.

[Martan] I just look at her and wonder what it would be like.

  • Ysabeau nods, trying not to be too obvious about picking the people he's talking about out of the crowd.

[Ysabeau] To have a relationship with him?

[Martan] To be his child.

[Martan] I think it's probably not easy.

  • Ysabeau smiles a little.

[Ysabeau] Why do you think that?

[Martan] ...Because she's, what, a year or so younger than me, and being escorted to parties by her father?

[Martan] He seems like the over-protective type.

[Martan] Lots of girls at twenty-five would object to being treated that way.

[Ysabeau] Maybe he is. Alma did say he came to check her out the first time she was with Danyel in public.

  • Martan nods.

[Martan] Emoune said the same, didn't she... that was one of the things Theonée didn't like.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Would you have wanted that? If you had the choice?

[Martan] It would have been very different.

[Martan] I don't know if I would have wanted it. The attention, maybe...

[Martan] The controlling... not so much.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] ...Do you think I should try to talk to him?

  • Ysabeau looks at him.

[Ysabeau] I don't know, Martan.

[Ysabeau] I think...

[Ysabeau] I think you should talk to him if you think it would help you sort out things.

[Martan] I really don't know.

[Martan] I don't want to cause a scene here, at any rate.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Whatever you decide, you know I will support your decision, right?

[Martan] I know. I'd like you to come with me, if I do decide to talk to him.

[Ysabeau] It would be my honour and my pleasure, darling.

  • Ysabeau says quietly.
  • Martan squeezes your hand.

[Martan] Thank you.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] I love you.

[Martan] I love you too.

  • Ysabeau stands with him quietly for a while, then, just enjoying his company.


Sanadhil and Marrith

  • Sanadhil will seek out Marrith Belden while his own partner is occupied

[Sanadhil] Good evening, mademoiselle.

[Marrith] Oh, good evening.

  • Marrith looks mildly surprised that you're talking to her.
  • Sanadhil smiles with polite charm
  • Marrith is about twenty-five, with short, straight black hair and striking bright blue eyes, otherwise fairly plain.

[Sanadhil] I'm Sanadhil Orecalo, pleased to make your acquiantance.

  • Marrith 's build is somewhat on the stocky side, and she definitely has muscles.

[Sanadhil] I hope you don't find me too forward - I saw you standing over here and thought I might invite you to dance.

[Marrith] Marrith Belden... And very well, I would agree to a dance.

[Sanadhil] Then I am most honoured.

  • Sanadhil gives her a little bow and offers her his arm.
  • Marrith accepts it.

[Sanadhil] Are you a friend of M....Beziers?

[Marrith] Are you friends with the bride, or the groom?

  • Sanadhil smiles as we ask at the same time
  • Marrith smiles slightly as you ask the same question at the same time.

[Marrith] My father is the groom's superior officer. I'm really just here as his guest.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, I see....'

[Sanadhil] I am a fellow member of the Antiquarian society with the Countess, and we have done a fair amont of work together on some larger projects

  • Marrith nods.

[Marrith] Are you from Cozovodë?

[Sanadhil] Origially yes, but I have been in Diablotin for...going on two years now, I think.

  • Sanadhil sounds surprised about the amount of time
  • Marrith nods.

[Marrith] Do you like it here?

[Sanadhil] Time passes so quickly here...

[Marrith] Not the same everywhere?

[Sanadhil] Things happen much quicker, I think.

[Marrith] Ahh.

[Marrith] It seems to pass quite slowly from where I stand.

[Sanadhil] Oh?

  • Marrith smiles a bit sadly.
  • Sanadhil smiles sympathetically in return.

[Sanadhil] Are you a member of the order of the Spoke?

[Marrith] No, I'm not...

[Marrith] I ... it would feel strange, I think.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, that would be understandable.

[Sanadhil] Then may I ask how you occupy your time?

[Marrith] There could be issues of favouritism, or the opposite more likely.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Marrith] I read... I correspond with friends... I do practice sword-craft, though more as a hobby.

[Marrith] I suppose you don't read the gossip papers, or you'd probably know all about my life already.

  • Marrith says a touch bitterly.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, no, I certainly don't give them much credit.

[Marrith] Well, I imagine they don't have much to say about me these days. But five or six years ago...

[Sanadhil] Ahh, well before my time, in any case.

  • Sanadhil smiles
  • Marrith nods.

[Marrith] Well, probably anyone can tell you, if you really want to know.

[Marrith] I am effectively under house arrest for at least another year.

[Sanadhil] I admit you are making me curious :o

  • Sanadhil raises his eyebrows

[Marrith] There was a boy... young man, rather. We were ... enamoured. We became engaged, without the consent of our respective parents.

  • Sanadhil nods, wondering how this least to House Arrrest o_O

[Marrith] My father objected. Strenuously.

  • Sanadhil steals a glance Butlers way

[Sanadhil] he does.... seem the type.

  • Marrith nods.

[Marrith] The end result was that he agreed we could marry when the young man in question turned thirty, if we still wished to do so. And in the meantime, I have been waiting.

[Sanadhil] I see!

[Sanadhil] May I enquire as to the identity of the gentleman in question?

[Marrith] The Count of Jura.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head, as the name means little to him
  • Marrith shrugs slightly.

[Sanadhil] Well, I hope for your sake that he will be worth the wait.

  • Sanadhil says as graciously as possible

[Marrith] The date will be up next year, in Second-month. I'm not certain whether it will come to pass or not, however.

[Sanadhil] Oh?

[Sanadhil] Does your father hold to his objections?

[Marrith] Probably. But more important, I don't know if the Count retains his affections for me. I haven't spoken with him in a very long time.

[Sanadhil] No correspondence at all?

[Sanadhil] or was it not permitted?

[Marrith] A few Sendings... that's all.

[Sanadhil] How unfortunate.

  • Marrith shrugs.

[Marrith] It's the way things are. I just... accept it, or else I would go mad.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Marrith] I did see him at the Imperial weddings.

[Sanadhil] Was it an encouraging encounter?

[Marrith] We didn't speak, but he smiled at me. I hope that's a good sign, at least.

  • Sanadhil smiles also

[Sanadhil] I hope so.

[Marrith] I suppose I'll know in a few months.

[Sanadhil] He hasn't married?

  • Marrith shakes her head.

[Sanadhil] That would seem encouraging also.

[Marrith] I don't know if he's been... he probably hasn't been alone all this time. I don't know.

  • Marrith looks down, a bit awkward.

[Marrith] I shouldn't burden you with my problems, M. Orecalo. You've been very kind to listen this long.

  • Sanadhil smiles again.

[Sanadhil] Its no trouble, mademoiselle.

[Sanadhil] I hope you find happiness.

[Marrith] Thank you.

  • Sanadhil bows to her as the music ends
  • Marrith curtseys politely.

[Sanadhil] I hope you have an enjoyable evening as well :)

[Marrith] And you too.

  • Sanadhil will escort her off the floor and take his leave to check up on his partner, perhaps?


Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Sanadhil will bring her a glass of wine and a little plate of snacks she likes :3
  • Dozilva has been enjoyably conversing with Corwen Storms again ^-^

[Sanadhil] (is she now? :o)

[Sanadhil] Hello there, my dear...

[Dozilva] Oh, hello!

[Sanadhil] Are you having a good time?

[Dozilva] Yes, very nice! And you are enjoying yourself too?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Yes, though there are a great many people here that i'm not familiar with at all.... it is a little tiring to make so many introductinos.

[Dozilva] Oh? Is one supposed to be introduced to people? I have just been talking to them...

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Its a formality.

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] I saw you were talking to Profesor Storms?

[Dozilva] Yes, I think he remembered me from the other party.

  • Dozilva smiles slightly.

[Sanadhil] ahh, yes...

[Dozilva] He is a very sweet old man.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know him, I suppose

[Dozilva] And he speaks well of you. I think he has heard about your work, at least.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Dozilva] Yes, well, he knew about your expeditions at any rate.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] He asked if you were planning any more.

[Sanadhil] What did you tell him?

[Dozilva] I said I thought you were, but I didn't know the details. I hope that was vague enough?

[Sanadhil] Its fine.... encouraging that he ins interesting, I suppose.

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] There was an opening at the Castalia recently.... i'm not sure if my work at the society was more of a help or a hinderance to my application, realy....

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] but the timing was poor in any case.

[Sanadhil] ...i'm still not sure who the position went to,.

[Dozilva] Well, there will have to be others later, if this one is not right.

  • Sanadhil muses

[Sanadhil] indeed.

  • Sanadhil smiles.

[Sanadhil] Have you given much thought to what you might like to do here?

[Dozilva] Perhaps you should sleep with some of the other professors, if they are the ones who decide to give you a job.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] I think that would be a poor choice.

[Dozilva] Oh, would it?

  • Sanadhil makes a bit of a D: face, thiking about cunningham

[Dozilva] Things *are* very different here.

[Sanadhil] well, that depends.

[Sanadhil] There are certainly some people with whom it could be an effective startegy, if one was careful.

[Dozilva] But how do you know which ones they are?

[Sanadhil] but I don't believe that the woman who has the most influence in these matters currently is one of them.

[Dozilva] Ahh...

  • Dozilva nods, then.

[Sanadhil] Its a matter of knowing how to read people, i suppose, and observing the patterns of their behaviour...

[Dozilva] Well, that is the same as with us, I suppose.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil considers using the emperor as an excample of someone who probably showers lovers with fabvours, but doens't want to encourage his GF to sleep with him -_-

[Dozilva] (or to suggest that you should sleep with him ;)

[Sanadhil] (indeed!)

[Sanadhil] is it done much more openly among your people then?

  • Dozilva nods.

[Dozilva] People are not hired *just* for fucking.

[Sanadhil] But it can help?

[Dozilva] But it can help, when a decision between two people is close...

  • Dozilva agrees.

[Sanadhil] That seems like it could create a dangerous situation...

[Dozilva] I was very proud to get my job at the library.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Did you...fuck someone to get it?

[Dozilva] Certainly.

  • Dozilva says, as if this is perfectly sensible and normal ^-^
  • Sanadhil wonders if she fucked Nycaise's grandfather o_O
  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] But I was also the best.

  • Sanadhil smiles again

[Sanadhil] of course you were :)

  • Dozilva says, because her people don't believe in 'modesty' ;)

[Dozilva] The fucking just helped him to notice that I was the best ;)

[Sanadhil] ahh...

[Sanadhil] does it ever go poorly for someone, who wants something?

[Dozilva] Oh, certainly.

[Sanadhil] what happens? DO they just have to decide whether it is worth it?

[Dozilva] It must happen here too? You always must decide which thing is most important to you. Or which thing you like the least of two bad things.

[Sanadhil] I suppose so, yes.

[Sanadhil] I just wasn't sure whether or not you might have some more organized way of dealing with it.

  • Dozilva considers.

[Dozilva] A person who was fucking for some purpose, they would know that purpose - both of them would know. They are not deceived about it, or thinking it is for something else.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

  • Sanadhil can't help but think of Earric @_@
  • Sanadhil shakes his head after a moment.

[Dozilva] Does it bother you, to think about that?

[Sanadhil] I understand it.

[Sanadhil] It seems smiple, they way you say it.

[Sanadhil] (simple)

[Dozilva] It is supposed to be... it isn't always, but it is supposed to be.

[Sanadhil] Yes...

  • Dozilva takes your hand.

[Dozilva] I know that things are different here.

[Dozilva] You don't have to worry.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] I know.

[Sanadhil] I'm not.

  • Dozilva smiles back.

[Dozilva] So I will not try to seduce Sister Alma, or that kind old Professor Storms, in hopes of a job.

  • Dozilva teases.
  • Sanadhil raises his eyebrows

[Sanadhil] That would be... probably a good plan, though it would be entertaining to watch you try.

[Sanadhil] I think Professor Storms might have a heart attack.

  • Dozilva laughs.

[Dozilva] Then his job would be open :p

[Sanadhil] True, but I'm not quite ready for that yet ;)

[Dozilva] ...That is also something that is known to happen occasionally. Not very polite, though ;)

[Sanadhil] I expect not!

[Dozilva] Can we do more dancing? I like the dancing.

[Sanadhil] of course.

  • Sanadhil sets down his glass and offers her his arm
  • Dozilva accepts cheerfully.
  • Sanadhil will dance with his partner probably once too many times, how scandalous :V


Sanadhil and Butler

  • Butler will intercept you discreetly after the dance, then.
  • Sanadhil will have just found someone else for D to dance with and can be easily interecpted

[Butler] [q] A word?

[Sanadhil] Good evening, Lord Marshall...

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Butler walks with you to a more quiet area.
  • Sanadhil goes with

[Butler] [q] My daughter is unaware.

[Butler] [q] And I wish her to remain that way.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] [q] Of course....

  • Butler nods.

[Sanadhil] [q] I have no intentions of broaching the matter with her.

  • Sanadhil assumes we are talking about the cult.

[Butler] [q] I just noticed you had a lengthy conversation, and grew concerned.

[Sanadhil] [q] It was enrtirely about other matters, i assure you. She asked me a few things about Cozovode.

  • Sanadhil continues quietly
  • Butler seems satisfied with that answer.

[Sanadhil] I am curious however - did you notice a strange senseation inside the chapel during the ceremony?

[Butler] A sort of hair standing up on the back of the neck sort of thing?

[Sanadhil] yes, precisely...

  • Butler nods.

[Sanadhil] her Highness noticed the same.

[Butler] Hmm.

[Butler] It's not the temple - I'm in temples all the time.

[Butler] It must be something about that particular site.

[Sanadhil] I think it is something about *that* temple - have you been there before?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Butler] Not for a long time... quite a few years, if i recall correctly.

[Sanadhil] do you recall feeling anything silimar?

[Butler] No.

[Sanadhil] hmm. Wre you already ...active at that time?

[Butler] ...No. Not... not as I am now.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil frowns

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure the precise connection - there is another woman I know through the society who is, so far as I am aware, unassociated, who felt it as well.

  • Butler looks puzzled at that.

[Butler] Who was that?

[Sanadhil] Mlle Ysabeau Chanuier...

[Butler] I'll look into it.

[Sanadhil] As will I.

[Butler] Very well.

[Butler] Good evening, then.

[Sanadhil] You as well, Ser.

  • Butler departs.


Ysabeau and Sanadhil

  • Ysabeau seeks Sanadhil out for a dance.
  • Sanadhil returns from talking about you with Butler
  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] good evning Mademoiselle.

[Ysabeau] M. Orecalo. Good evening.

[Sanadhil] Your playing this afternoon was lovely, as always.

[Ysabeau] Oh, thank you.

[Sanadhil] Would you care to dance, and enjoy the music of your fellows?

[Ysabeau] I would love to. :)

  • Sanadhil will offer you his arm then
  • Ysabeau allows you to escort her onto the dance floor. She is, as she has been for many months now, an accomplished dancer.

[Ysabeau] Are you enjoying yourself?

  • Sanadhil has mostly just got his natural grace going for him
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Sanadhil] That is what the occasion calls for, I believe.

  • Sanadhil smiles as well.

[Sanadhil] And yourself?

[Ysabeau] Yes thank you.

[Ysabeau] I hope Ser Belden was easy on you. Was he being protective of his daughter?

  • Ysabeau says with a mischievous smile.

[Sanadhil] Yes, though I'm not surprised, considering the tale she told me

[Ysabeau] Oh, a tale?

  • Ysabeau is very fond of stories.

[Sanadhil] From his daughter's perspective, it seems just the sort of tale you bardic artists love to tell, in any case.

[Sanadhil] Thwarted love, pining for lost loves, and so forth. i'm not entirely sure the cause of her father's objections. It didn't seem prudent to ask.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Now I am very curious.

[Ysabeau] What happened?

[Sanadhil] But is seems she was involved with the Count of Jura? Despite the wishes of their parents....

[Sanadhil] As far as I understand, they were forbidden to see each ther at all until he turns thirty!

[Sanadhil] Though that will be in second month.

[Sanadhil] She has been waiting some five or six years now, and doesn't even know for certain whether he still has any affection for her, though he is not married.

[Ysabeau] It sounds terribly dramatic and melancholy indeed. Just the sort of thing M. Rademacher loves to read about in his poetry books!

[Ysabeau] I can tell you that they would be of different Houses. That might have had something to do with it, though he *is* the son of Pasith Belden, so... one would think that wouldn't be a terrible impediment to a happy union.

[Sanadhil] indeed.

[Sanadhil] I wonder if there isn't more to it.

[Ysabeau] Perhaps some history between his parents and the Count's?

[Sanadhil] possibly?

[Sanadhil] I'm not familiar with the family.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Me neither, except in the vaguest of senses.

[Sanadhil] what do you know of them?

[Ysabeau] The Count of Jura fifty years ago was Kalman vak Andras.

[Sanadhil] ahh....

[Sanadhil] Interesting

[Ysabeau] So this Count of Jura must have descended from him.

[Sanadhil] to then he could have been acquainted with them. Interesting.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] The children of that group seem to have gotten along well.

[Ysabeau] Indications are that a number of them were on friendly terms.

[Sanadhil] indications?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] such as?

[Ysabeau] Well, just what I've heard.

  • Ysabeau smiles apologetically.

[Ysabeau] They were from quite prominent families, weren't they.

[Sanadhil] I suppose they would have been after all they accomplished, at least.

[Sanadhil] I didn't know their history was still much talked about

[Ysabeau] It isn't.

[Ysabeau] But stories are a bard's specialty.

[Ysabeau] ;)

[Sanadhil] ahh, I suppose so

[Sanadhil] is it somethig you have looked into, then?

[Ysabeau] A little, because it seemed like it might be important for all this Arch business.

[Ysabeau] But I don't really know what to look for.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] indeed.

[Sanadhil] Do you know much about the Lord Marshall then?

[Ysabeau] Probably not much more than you.

[Ysabeau] If that.

[Sanadhil] Well, this is the first opportunity I've ever had to speak to him, so perhaps we both remain fairly ignorant

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I've never even spoken with him, so you might even know more.

  • Ysabeau smiles wryly.

[Ysabeau] Sister Alma said he was a bit overbearing, though.

[Sanadhil] well I suppose dancing with his daughter is not likely to work as well for you to initiate a converstaion

[Ysabeau] Probably not. Unless she likes girls. ;)

[Sanadhil] You might learn more from her though - she did seem rather lonely

[Ysabeau] Ah. Well, perhaps.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] I might not be the kind of girl her father would want her to spend time with.

[Ysabeau] Musician, actress and all. ;D

  • Sanadhil smiles perhaps not
  • Ysabeau grins.

[Ysabeau] Thank you for the dance, M. Orecalo.

  • Ysabeau curtseys as this song comes to an end.

[Sanadhil] Most welcome.

[Sanadhil] Enjoy the rest of your evening.

  • Sanadhil pauses for a moment

[Ysabeau] Thank you, you too!

[Sanadhil] You came with... Martan Olivier, yes?

  • Ysabeau turns back.

[Ysabeau] I did.

  • Ysabeau did at Guillame and Portia's wedding, too, if you'll remember.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I take it any concerns we may have had on that front have been put to rest then?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Sister Alma did her thing with one of his possessions; he's human. And with True Sight he looks the same.

  • Sanadhil nods but seems puzzled perhaps

[Ysabeau] So we'll have to look elsewhere for our Hellwyrm. :P

[Ysabeau] Is something the matter, M. Orecalo?

[Sanadhil] I didn't realize *that* was a suspicion...

[Ysabeau] Oh, heh - I'm not sure who that came from. But someone wondered. ;)

[Sanadhil] ...ahh.

[Sanadhil] I don't recall either.

[Ysabeau] What did you suspect him of?

[Sanadhil] Personally?

  • Ysabeau nods, since apparently you didn't think he was a demon.

[Ysabeau] Oh - right.

[Ysabeau] No, he isn't Martan Kizer, either.

  • Sanadhil closes his mouth from what he was going to say, and simply nods.

[Sanadhil] Just a charming young man, then?

  • Ysabeau smiles.
  • Sanadhil smiles

[Ysabeau] Very charming.

  • Ysabeau agrees.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Ysabeau] Have a good evening, M. Orecalo!

[Sanadhil] You as well.

  • Ysabeau says as she notices the Emperor moving towards her.
  • Ysabeau turns to him and greets him, allows him to lead her onto the dance floor for the next dance. ;)

Ysabeau, Alma and Martan

  • Ysabeau has just finished a turn on the dancefloor with Martan, when she notices the crowd around Alma has finally lightened up a bit.

[Ysabeau] Oh look - we can go offer our congratulations now.

  • Martan will accompany you.
  • Ysabeau smiles a huge smile for Alma as we approach.

[Alma] Ysabeau, Mr. Olivier :)

[Martan] Congratulations :)

[Ysabeau] Sister Alma - congratulations!

[Alma] Thank you very much. :)

[Ysabeau] You look radiant.

[Alma] That's probably the lack of air from this dress :D

[Ysabeau] I think that would turn you blue rather than radiant. ;)

[Alma] I'm glad you could make it Mr. Olivier :)

[Martan] I'm glad I could be here.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] I think it all worked out great. No mystery voices or drama :)

[Ysabeau] Indeed. :)

[Alma] Despite the presence of "Ms. Rouillard".

  • Alma frowns a little.

[Alma] But I suppose one can say the presence of His Majesty more than compensates for that :)

[Ysabeau] Yes, what an honour. :)

[Alma] The Empress was not feeling well today, he says.

[Martan] That's too bad.

[Ysabeau] I wondered. That's too bad...

  • Ysabeau smiles a bit - she and Martan are always saying the same thing at about the same time. It's amusing.

[Alma] Yes, I wished her well on our behalf, and then there was some awkward small talk :)

[Ysabeau] He enjoys discussing magic, if you're ever feeling awkward around him again.

[Alma] I didn't think it was quite an appropriate time to inquire as to whether Nash was keeping him up to date :P

[Martan] Heh.

[Martan] No, probably not...

[Ysabeau] Indeed...

[Ysabeau] If you're going to do that I think you should expect some extreme awkwardness, Sister... :o

[Alma] How so?

[Ysabeau] Well, it implies that one of his highest ranking counsellors is not trustworthy, doesn't it?

[Alma] Yes, that's precisely my concern.

[Alma] And I could think of no elegant way to drop reference to it without seeming ah, presumptuous :P

[Alma] I've been having a hard time not talking about "business" with so many very busy people all in the same place.

[Alma] It's like a buffet of opportunity -_-

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Alma] I suppose these beasts are somewhat political as it is, so I guess I can be forgiven.

[Martan] They are no doubt used to it.

[Alma] At least with the Chief Sorcerer I was engaging in a bit of a trade for introducing him to Felise :)

[Ysabeau] How is she?

[Ysabeau] Felise.

  • Ysabeau clarifies...

[Alma] She is well. She seems genuinely eager to move on, not just worried she'll be in the way of Danyel and I :)

[Ysabeau] Well, that's encouraging. :)

  • Alma nods. "She has the Duke d'Olonne for support, and I hope she knows she can always come to us for help in a pinch."

[Ysabeau] I'm sure she does, Sister. :)

[Alma] I hope you two have been enjoying yourself :)

[Martan] We have, thank you.

[Ysabeau] Yes, thank you. :)

[Alma] Good :)

  • Alma sips her goblet of wine as she discourages herself from going on about talking with Loick.

[Alma] .oO( I can wait. )

[Alma] I haven't had a chance to speak with Murienne yet, I hope she's enjoying herself as well. :)

[Ysabeau] Oh yes, she is.

[Ysabeau] M. Rionet and I decided we might introduce his sister and mine.

[Alma] Oh yes? How are they doing?

[Ysabeau] They seem to have hit things off well, and Amiel too.

[Alma] Excellent :)

[Alma] I'm sure I'll find her in here eventually :)

[Ysabeau] Oh probably. :)

[Ysabeau] I have been struggling not to keep a watchful eye on her...

[Alma] Oh, how rude of me, I should have thanked you already for your performance!

[Ysabeau] Oh, it was my pleasure. :)

[Ysabeau] I'm lucky enough to be able to make a living doing something I love.

[Alma] I'll have to get you to introduce me to the others in the quartet before the night is over.

[Ysabeau] It would be my pleasure.

  • Ysabeau smiles brightly.
  • Ysabeau will introduce Alma after she plays the wedding gift with the Consort. ;)


Alma, Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Alma will take a moment to drop by to say hello to Dozilva ... and Sanadhil if he's there ^_^
  • Dozilva is with Sanadhil :)
  • Sanadhil will collect Dozilva to take her to ahve a chance to congratulate Alma

[Sanadhil] (well that works)

[Alma] Good evening, Ms. Baru, Mr. Orecalo :)

[Dozilva] Good evening :)

[Sanadhil] Good evening, Countess - and congratulations.

[Alma] Thank you. We're both very pleased with how well everything is going.

[Alma] I hope you've been enjoying yourself.

[Dozilva] It was a very nice wedding.

[Dozilva] Your dress is attractive.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Alma] Thank you, I'm surprisingly comfortable in it :)

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] And yes, we have been having a lovely time, thank you.

[Dozilva] And your husband looks very handsome too. I'm sure you will enjoy him very much.

  • Alma runs her hands down her sides which has the unnoticed (at least to Alma) effect of perhaps disturbing her rarely uncovered bosoms.

[Alma] I imagine we will enjoy each other very much :P

  • Dozilva smiles.

[Alma] We're planning on visiting the beaches in Sarande for a holiday after the wedding.

[Dozilva] Beaches?

  • Dozilva sounds curious.

[Sanadhil] near the ocean...

[Dozilva] For fishing? Gathering seaweed?

[Sanadhil] For bathing

[Dozilva] Bathing? In the ocean? :o

[Sanadhil] some people enjoy just sitting in the sun

[Dozilva] ...

[Alma] Well in some places on the coasts, there are swaths of sand which are quite nice for relaxation. The sea is in full view and there is nothing to block the sun.

  • Dozilva looks boggled, but nods.

[Alma] Your people do not swim for pleasure?

[Dozilva] The oceans are dangerous.

  • Alma says, making sure no one is particularly close.

[Sanadhil] there's nothing particulaly harmful in the waters..... it just salty

  • Dozilva nods.

[Dozilva] And you sit... in the sun?

[Sanadhil] Some people do, yes.

[Alma] Yes, you can read, or talk with your companions... if it gets too hot or too bright you can bring an umbrella.

[Dozilva] Hmm...

[Dozilva] I want to do this.

  • Dozilva announces.

[Alma] Perhaps you and Mr. Orecalo can visit our much more harmless oceans sometime this summer :)

[Dozilva] Yes. We will do that.

  • Dozilva says firmly.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, of course, we can plan something...

  • Alma chuckles.

[Dozilva] You must not wear clothing such as this... it would become wet and sandy.

[Dozilva] What do you wear on this beach?

[Alma] No, slightly less cumbersome garments are used. :P

  • Alma will describe a bathing outfit of the period.

[Sanadhil] Only slightly, I'm afraid... -_-

  • Dozilva wrinkles her nose slightly.

[Alma] And gentlemen wear... *describes*

[Sanadhil] Of course, there are some more private beaches.

[Dozilva] I suppose it is not appropriate to be naked.

  • Dozilva says a bit wistfully.

[Alma] No, not generally ...

[Sanadhil] Not in public, no.

[Dozilva] Pity.

[Alma] I'm sure if you knew there was noone about...

[Dozilva] The sun would feel nice, I imagine.

[Dozilva] Maybe not so much the sand.

[Alma] You might want to be careful spending too much time ... uncovered in the sun, as you can get a burn.

[Sanadhil] yes... But its heat can be too much. Sometimes it burns the skin

[Alma] I suspect perhaps your skin might burn easily... ?

[Dozilva] Hm.

[Dozilva] I do not know :o

[Alma] I know mine burns quite readily...

[Sanadhil] There are probably spells that can guard aganst that sort of thing

[Sanadhil] I expect endure elements would suffice

[Alma] Hmm, yes, a good idea.

[Dozilva] Your sun is very pleasant. One of the better things about this place :)

[Alma] Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it here :)

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Dozilva] I am, very much.

  • Alma smiles.

[Sanadhil] Well, we won't monoploize your time, countess...

[Sanadhil] Thank you again for the invitation.

[Alma] You're quite welcome Mr. Orecalo.

[Dozilva] Yes, thank you.

[Alma] Enjoy the rest of your evening :)

[Sanadhil] You as well

  • Sanadhil says with a vague smirk

[Alma] .oO( What's that about. )

  • Sanadhil will whisk away his lady, perhaps to go talk to Princess Ilphere
  • Dozilva lets herself be whisked.


Ysabeau and Martan

  • Martan seems ready to leave by the time you're finished your obligations, Ysa.

[Ysabeau] (Did he drive his own carriage or did we hire?)

  • Martan has his own.
  • Ysabeau seems just as happy to leave a bit early. It could be a long night...

[Ysabeau] May I drive? :D

[Martan] Oh... certainly :)

  • Martan will hand you the reins.
  • Ysabeau seems to really enjoy driving when he has the carriage.

[Ysabeau] Hurrah!

  • Martan smiles.

[Ysabeau] The weather held. What a beautiful evening.

  • Martan nods, looking up at the stars.
  • Ysabeau asks the horses to start with a gentle command and a light touch of the reins.

[Ysabeau] Do you mind if we take a detour? I haven't been to the Firefly Gardens in a long time - well, the weather has been so dreary.

[Ysabeau] But they should be out, tonight.

[Martan] That sounds like a lovely idea.

[Martan] It's a perfect night for them, indeed.

  • Ysabeau smiles warmly at him before turning her attention back to driving.
  • Martan leans back and lets you do the work, then.
  • Ysabeau will tell him about Marrith Belden's tragic love story, etc. as she drives.
  • Martan makes sympathetic noises.
  • Ysabeau eventually turns the conversation to the Temple.

[Ysabeau] So... I found out that M. Argo heard something like a bell ringing. M. Orecalo and Ilphere felt a chill, like me - but Ilphere also felt a sense of anticipation.

[Martan] How odd... everyone's reactions seem different.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] M. Rademacher felt nothing, which is perhaps a little surprising.

[Martan] Why?

[Ysabeau] M. Rionet also felt nothing, which is not really surprising, so far as I know. But his sister seems to have heard some singing.

[Martan] Singing?

[Ysabeau] Well... if it has something to do with the Serpent, or Emkathon, which I think might be the case, though I don't really have much to go on, then Dom should have felt something, I think. He went to a few cult meetings ages ago, when he was just starting out as Ilphere's bodyguard.

  • Martan nods, listening.

[Ysabeau] Yes, singing. She asked if they'd heard it, when I was speaking with her brother about the strange feelings.

[Ysabeau] She - her counterpart in Queen Imraen's dreamworld was a seer. I think Silvia here has the Sight, too. She said that it was a long way down to the source of the singing.

[Martan] That's... unexpected.

[Ysabeau] Well, even more so because she was right.

[Martan] Indeed.

[Ysabeau] We went down into the crypt and M. Argo did his thing - the feeling was stronger the further underground we went. Which is also why it faded for me when I went up into the balcony, I think - because I was farther away.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] Anyway M. Argo said there was a deep, natural shaft below the floor of the crypt.

[Ysabeau] Very, very deep.

[Martan] Sounds structurally hazardous.

[Ysabeau] Ah, you're an architect now? ;)

[Martan] Well, enough to know it's not a great idea to build a huge building on top of a crack in the earth :)

[Ysabeau] They may not have known.

  • Ysabeau gives him a little smile.
  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] Anyway... the thought hasn't escaped me that Emkathon Imprisoned, if Laeken was being truthful about what happened to her, would be somewhere deep underground.

[Martan] Yes... so you think it might be there?

[Ysabeau] It may be so.

[Martan] I'm not an expert in the magics involved here, but even if someone could descend to find the location, it would still require some very powerful spells to undo the Imprisonment, wouldn't it?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] You'd need a Freedom spell, cast where the original Imprisonment was cast, as I understand it.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] If that's the case then even if you went down to the bottom of that shaft and found a magical sphere sitting in it, it might not work - that's probably not where the Imprisonment was originally cast.

  • Martan sighs.

[Ysabeau] I have to note that I've been to that Temple before and didn't notice anything odd then. So something has changed in the past few months. Either about me or about whatever is causing those reactions from far below the earth.

[Martan] We don't even know if releasing her would be a good idea or not, so I suppose the fact that we don't know how to do it is a moot point.

  • Martan nods.
  • Ysabeau nods as well.

[Martan] ...*Has* anything changed about you, that you know of?

[Martan] ...could it be my fault?

  • Martan asks uncertainly.
  • Ysabeau glances at him before turning the horses into the Firefly Gardens.
  • Ysabeau is quiet but not ignoring his question. She is just trying to find a good place to park. ;) She's still not the best driver, I imagine.
  • Ysabeau finds a place eventually and lets the reins go slack.

[Ysabeau] It's possible.

  • Ysabeau 's hands are trembling as she wraps the reins around something meant for that purpose on the front of the carriage.
  • Ysabeau sits back.

[Ysabeau] I found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant.

  • Ysabeau says quietly.

[Martan] ...

[Martan] But... we were being careful...

  • Ysabeau 's instinct is to not look at him in case she is about to be rejected/abandoned. But she forces herself to face him.

[Ysabeau] We were. I didn't really have cause to suspect it until a couple of weeks ago.

[Martan] Are you sure?

  • Ysabeau nods, swallowing anxiously.
  • Martan seems surprised, mostly.

[Ysabeau] I wouldn't be telling you if I weren't.

[Martan] Right... of course.

[Ysabeau] I haven't had any of the unpleasant symptoms... it's not like the... the first time.

[Martan] ...When would the baby arrive?

[Ysabeau] Early next year. First month.

  • Martan nods slowly.

[Martan] Do you... do you want to keep it?

  • Ysabeau nods, swallowing.

[Ysabeau] Gods willing, I would like to have this baby. I want to meet our child.

  • Martan smiles at that, though he still looks a bit stunned.

[Martan] I do too.

  • Martan takes your hands.

[Martan] Ysabeau... I want to marry you.

  • Ysabeau holds her breath for a moment, searching for something

[Martan] If the world is going to end, I want to be at your side.

  • Martan says with a slight smile.
  • Ysabeau lets out her breath with a near-hysterical laugh, then bursts into tears.
  • Martan looks startled, but pulls you close for a hug.

[Ysabeau] Well that's good... because I want you by mine as well.

  • Martan grins.

[Martan] I don't have a ring or anything... but I'll get one.

[Ysabeau] I don't need a ring. I don't. Your love and your promise is enough, really.

[Martan] You deserve one, though.

  • Ysabeau sobs with mixed relief and happiness, with some "oh my gods what the fuck are we going to do" mixed in for good measure.

[Martan] We'll figure it out.

[Ysabeau] Okay. If you insist...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] We promised: we'd get through this together. All of it. Whatever it means.

[Martan] I do. I insist that we will figure this out, and have a wonderful child, and we'll be happy.

[Ysabeau] Okay. I believe you.

[Martan] Good!

  • Ysabeau smiles at him through her tears.
  • Martan wipes away a few of your tears.
  • Ysabeau kisses him, smiling.
  • Martan kisses back.

[Martan] Let's go home.

  • Ysabeau nods, rubbing away her tears.

[Ysabeau] I better let you drive.

[Martan] All right.

  • Martan takes the reins

[Ysabeau] [q] Hesperus?

  • Martan glances over.
  • Ysabeau asks after some time has passed and she has regained her composure.

[Martan] Yes?

[Ysabeau] I'm nineteen today. And this has got to be, unequivocally, the best birthday ever. Thank you for being so wonderful.

[Martan] Happy birthday, love.

[Ysabeau] Thank you.

  • Ysabeau threatens to tear up again.
  • Martan leans over to kiss you again, trusting that the horses won't drive into a wall :p


Alma and Theonee

  • Alma resists the urge to talk shop for some time but...
  • Alma will seek out Theonee once some of the crowd has parted, seeing as she's fairly private.
  • Theonee wears a deep blue tunic and trousers, and her hair is neatly tied back in a ponytail.

[Alma] Good evening Lady Chancellor, thank you again for coming :)

[Theonee] Good evening, Countess, and congratulations to you and your husband.

  • Alma smiles. "Thank you :)"

[Alma] I hope you've been enjoying the evening :)

[Theonee] Yes, it's been most pleasant. Thank you for inviting me.

[Alma] Danyel's mother helped wonderfully, so I must give credit to her as well :)

[Theonee] Everything looks lovely.

[Alma] Might you have a moment to talk about another matter?

[Theonee] Certainly... is there a matter of concern?

[Alma] Yes... perhaps.

[Alma] Perhaps we ought to walk a bit?

[Theonee] Very well.

  • Theonee will take a stroll with you.
  • Alma will lead us somewhere that we can presumably talk quietly.

[Alma] You may already have been made aware of this, but I felt I should make sure, since I have the opportunity tonight.

[Alma] Are you familiar with the cult that calls itself the Order of the Black Down?

[Theonee] I'm aware of their existence, yes.

[Alma] It appears that they have been looking for someone. The night of the Imperial Weddings, they were overheard conducting a ritual in the old Arch chamber. Whatever ... responded gave them an oracle which I believe indicates that the person they are looking for is you.

[Theonee] For me.

  • Theonee says calmly.
  • Alma will SM.

[Alma] (If I can tell if this is new to her or not.)

[Alma] Yes.

[Theonee] (you can roll)

[Alma] One moment.

  • Alma reaches in for her component pouch and pulls out a scrap where she has penned the LLs and riddles.

[Alma] (36)

  • Theonee doesn't seem to have heard this before, you don't think, but nevertheless seems unsurprised.

[Alma] "Conceived by one reborn, raised by one chosen. Before her birth I spoke to her. Her... her womb is barren except for he of whom she dreams, but she bears the light of the stars within her."

[Alma] Oh, "carried by one failed"

  • Alma uncrumples her paper.

[Theonee] Hm.

  • Theonee looks far away for a moment.

[Theonee] Yes, that does sound like me.

[Alma] The beginning alone was strongly suggestive. The details of the latter part have become clear as well.

[Theonee] Have they?

[Alma] Yes... my research into the Order and the Arch, as well as those of Mr. Dominik Rademacher lead us to learn of your stay in Greywatch.

  • Theonee still looks calm, almost eerily so.

[Alma] And while I have no proof of threat or nefarious intent from the Order, if they were waiting for confirmation, it may not be too far away, considering the two of us stumbled across it accidentally.

[Theonee] That is out of my hands.

[Alma] That is true, but I felt at least you should know.

[Theonee] I appreciate your concern.

[Alma] May I ask if you could shed any light on what particular reason they might have to look for you, or Hesperus?

[Theonee] Before my birth, I was touched by a ... a being of power. So was another, and this linked us together, despite any wishes or best intentions to the contrary.

[Theonee] The child has a destiny of great import.

[Alma] There is a Legend Lore that suggests he will... bring about an end to the Way of the Wheel.

[Theonee] Yes. And so I don't believe this group would mean h-him harm. Quite the contrary, I expect.

[Theonee] My own destiny is already laid out before me. If it is their will... then it will come to pass.

  • Alma muses for a second.

[Alma] A... matter of curiosity I suppose. What first lead me... us, to wonder if the Lord Marshall was the one of whom the oracle spoke, was a journey we took into a dream...

  • Alma will tell her roughly of how we got into the dream, how it was like a mirror-world and about Butler's dreams within it.

[Alma] I would not be surprised if you've dreamt of it yourself.

[Theonee] ...in that place, we never met, then?

  • Theonee says a bit wistfully.

[Alma] Just in dreams, it seemed.

  • Theonee nods.

[Alma] If there is anything that Danyel or I can do for you, Lady Chancellor, feel free to call on us. We are ... unsure of what is coming, but I suppose that's not much different from life in general.

[Theonee] Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you.

  • Alma smiles modestly... while altruism plays a part, getting in the way of the cult is totally her job.

[Theonee] I ought to be going, I'm afraid. It has been a lovely evening, though.

[Alma] I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Enjoy your evening :)

[Theonee] Thank you.

  • Theonee drifts off.


Sanadhil and Ilphere

  • Sanadhil will seek out the princess imperial for a dance at the wedding, as a chance to speak vaguely privately

[Sanadhil] Your highness?

  • Sanadhil asks formally
  • Ilphere smiles...

[Sanadhil] Would you care to dance?

  • Sanadhil offers his arm

[Ilphere] Why certainly...!

  • Sanadhil smiles as well and will take her for a turn around the floor

[Sanadhil] I had the opportunity to speak with both the Lord Marshall and his daughter earlier...

[Ilphere] Oh really...?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] it was not a lengthy exchange.... but he did notice the same effect as I inside the Nine Elms church

[Ilphere] ... How interesting...!

[Ilphere] Such a mystery...

[Sanadhil] What is most mysterious to me is that Mlle Chanuier felt it, but your cousin did not.

[Ilphere] Yes... that is odd. I had initially assumed it had to do with the Arch, but clearly not...

[Sanadhil] The latter seems to rule out some connection to the arch, but the fact that the Lord Marshall did suggests some connection to the Serpent, orn the ceremony....

[Sanadhil] I know she has been pursuing some of her own investigations, but I find this a little concerning.

[Ilphere] What do you think she could be up to...?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure, but I know that she has been keeping a number of things to herself, for various reasons.

[Sanadhil] There is also the matter of the priest who was murdered, in that very catacomb...

[Sanadhil] the countess describe it as ritual - I wonder if it has some effect on....whatever is down there.

[Ilphere] A sacrifice...

[Sanadhil] I suspect we have the same suspicions in that regard

[Sanadhil] perhaps.

[Sanadhil] Speaking of such.... I also suspect that the Lord Marshall may believe that his daughter is The One.

[Ilphere] ... Marrith?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] No...

[Ilphere] Did I... Oh my. it completely slipped my mind. @_@

[Ilphere] He has another daughter...

[Sanadhil] what?

  • Ilphere lowers her voice

[Ilphere] With *Theonee*...!

  • Sanadhil assumes we have been speaking fairly quietly already

[Sanadhil] :o

[Ilphere] (well even more)

[Sanadhil] (inded ^-^)

[Ilphere] The child was spirited away, placed with other parents.

[Sanadhil] ....does he know?

[Ilphere] Disguised somehow...

[Sanadhil] hmmm...

[Ilphere] He is not aware of her existence.

[Sanadhil] well....

  • Sanadhil frowns, thinking

[Sanadhil] I wonder then.... I had been thinking that if he suspected Marrith - who he seems quite keen to shelter form the Order - if he may have heard or known something *before* they received the prophecy.

[Sanadhil] if there was something referring to his daughter.... it woudl make even more sense.

[Sanadhil] where did you learn about this other child?

[Sanadhil] and who else knows?

[Ilphere] Dominik...

[Ilphere] The Hush asked him to find a ledger for them. A journal was magically hidden within Theonee's mother's.

[Ilphere] He brought it to me.

[Sanadhil] hmmm...

[Sanadhil] so, he could have told others?

[Sanadhil] I suppose it said nothing more about the parents...

[Sanadhil] the adoptive ones, I mean

[Ilphere] No... they were chosen by the EMpress and Kalman vak Andras.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Sanadhil] I wish i knew whether the lord marshal *does* know anything.

[Ilphere] It seems there was quite a conspiracy to keep it from him, and from his mother.

[Sanadhil] I know that at the least he doens't believe The One to be Theonee, for some reason.

[Sanadhil] Did the journal say why?

[Ilphere] Nothing more than the possibility of scandal, of raising a child she did not want... I do not know if there was more to it.

[Ilphere] It seemed Althea was more upset about it than her daughter.

[Sanadhil] I see

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] Do you think the secrecy is worth maintaining?

[Sanadhil] or, rather, have you menionted it to anyone else?

  • Ilphere shakes her head.

[Ilphere] With everything else that has been going on, I fear it got sort of... lost...?

[Ilphere] I had intended to make some inquiries...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] well, I would be quite eager to assist, of course!

[Sanadhil] What happened to the diary?

[Ilphere] Dominik burned it.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] ...Why woudl the hush want it destroyed *now*?

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Ilphere] perhaps one of the factions of the Hush has an interest in keeping the child's existence secret.

[Sanadhil] if they know what the Order is up to, yes.... The priest who was murdered had ties to the Hush as well.

[Ilphere] ... And since Falke Sathin was also involved, it is probably Maze Olivier's side...

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] Is M. Rademacher still associated with them?

[Ilphere] Perhaps something has changed to make him more... proactive about hiding her identity...

[Ilphere] I am not certain, but probably.

[Sanadhil] Do you think he might know more? or be in a positio to find out anything more?

[Ilphere] It is possible...

[Ilphere] We should speak to him.

[Sanadhil] Of course if he is working with them, then we need to be extra careful... but yes, we should.

  • Ilphere cranes her neck to look around the room.

[Sanadhil] Another time, perhaps... he seems otherwise occupied


Ilphere and Menard

  • Menard is just getting his wedding-going garb off.
  • Ilphere is plucking pins out of her hair...

[Menard] Phew. It gets warm in those crowded rooms.

[Ilphere] Mm-hmm...!

[Ilphere] Did you have a nice time tonight...? :)

[Menard] Sure, it was nice. Good to see so many people there.

[Ilphere] A shame Yanina couldn't make it...

  • Menard nods.

[Menard] Marl said something about she wasn't feeling well. I thought she was coming, but I guess she came over unwell.

[Ilphere] I suppose it's to do with the baby...

[Menard] Probably! It'll be here before too long, I suppose.

[Menard] It's got to be tiring.

[Menard] Especially since she's so tiny. The kid will be as big as her ;)

[Ilphere] I suppose so...

[Ilphere] Remember when we talked about babies, before...?

  • Menard nods.

[Menard] Sure...

  • Menard is putting away his cufflinks.

[Ilphere] Did you have any more thoughts about that, now that you're going to be an uncle...?

[Menard] I hadn't thought about it much. I suppose it'll happen if it happens, right?

[Ilphere] Well, about that...

[Menard] Hm?

  • Menard glances over.

[Ilphere] I am reasonably certain that it's happened...

[Menard] ...

[Menard] Really? :o

[Ilphere] I... I think so...!

  • Menard comes over to embrace you, lifting you up and spinning you around.

[Menard] That's wonderful!

[Ilphere] Really...? :)

[Ilphere] You are happy...?

[Menard] Of course :) It'll be fun!

[Menard] Well... maybe not so much for you, I guess :/ But the rest of it... :)

[Ilphere] I'm sure I will be fine... :)

[Menard] You'll do great.

[Menard] When is it?

  • Menard holds you out to arm's length, as if maybe he can see a difference.

[Ilphere] I am not sure... I think maybe a couple of months ago?

[Ilphere] So... in half a year or so...

[Menard] Heh... I wonder if it was that time in the window-seat... ]:D

  • Menard seems to have some fond memories.
  • Ilphere giggles...:D
  • Menard kisses you.
  • Ilphere happily kisses back :)

[Menard] Have you told anyone yet? Your parents?

[Ilphere] Well, I asked my mother about it, so she knows...

[Ilphere] Otherwise, you are the first..! :)

  • Menard grins.

[Menard] There'll probably be some big announcement in the papers.

[Ilphere] ...Really?

  • Ilphere seems surprised by that idea...

[Menard] I guess... it seems like everything we do gets in there, including this ;)

[Menard] I mean - we don't have to tell them about the window-seat!

[Menard] If that was it. Maybe it wasn't... hmm...

[Ilphere] Well there are a lot of possibilities..!

[Menard] Heh.

[Menard] I'm sure they'll be very, um, delicate about it all. ...Except maybe the Scourge.

  • Menard laughs again.

[Menard] I just... it's hard to believe it's really happening.

  • Menard hugs you close again.


Alma and Sanadhil

  • Alma suggests we meet at the society shortly after she returns, she has to check in on any other messages, research, etc.!
  • Sanadhil will do so happily, as he always has books to return, etc
  • Sanadhil will book one of the study rooms, though
  • Sanadhil will meet you there, flipping though some random thing that someone/skull left ot be reshelved
  • Alma arrives promptly. She's wearing her regular dark purple robes and holy symbol. New, however, is a rather bright and nasty looking sunburn.

[Alma] Good afternoon, M. Orecalo.

  • Alma smiles :)
  • Sanadhil smiles as wellk

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon, Countess - I hope you enjoyed your time away?

  • Alma does her best not to show that a large portion of her body is angry at her when she moves.

[Alma] Yes, it was lovely :)

[Alma] I ... well, you could say my current predicament was caused by my reluctance to let it end.

[Alma] -_-

[Sanadhil] Understandable.

[Sanadhil] I recall the feeling, though I think my skin may be somewhat less suscptible to the sun...

[Alma] It's especially embarassing considering our discussion of the matter...

[Alma] The mind is very good at saying "Just a little bit longer, it won't hurt."

[Alma] My family don't exactly tan well.

[Sanadhil] Indeed - I've tried explaining the conept to Dozilva, but I'm not sure she, ah, quite understands.

[Alma] Well, tell her it's like a hangover from the sun, except your skin burns -_-

[Sanadhil] Hmm, perhaps.

  • Sanadhil smiles again.

[Alma] Well then...

[Sanadhil] Yes...

[Alma] How can I help you today?

[Sanadhil] There was a matter that arose the day of your wedding....

[Alma] Oh?

[Sanadhil] It was not pressing, but worth discussing, certainly.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Alma tries to think of anything she's heard of happening that day...

[Sanadhil] A number of us - those from our society circle, I shoudl say - noticed a strange feeling inside the Nine Elms church.

[Alma] I see...

[Alma] What kind of feeling?

[Sanadhil] I experienced it as almost a feeling of apprehension.

[Sanadhil] M. Argo calimed that he heard a kind of...silent rining? i don't remember his exact words, though his description put me in mind of the Eterni bell.

[Sanadhil] Mlle Chanuier's experience was similar to my own, I think.... Princess Ilphere felt the same, only stronger.

[Sanadhil] Mlle chanuier felt the feeling pass upstairs, and further investiagtion indicated that it was strnger in the crypts.

[Alma] What of Mssrs. Rademacher and Rionet?

[Alma] Did you speak with them?

[Sanadhil] They felt nothing.

[Alma] So you descended into the crypt to investigate?

[Sanadhil] After the ceremony, yes, we thought it prudent.

[Alma] I thought Ysabeau arrived later than I expected. I assumed she and Mr. Olivier simply took their time.

[Alma] Did you find the source of the sensation?

[Sanadhil] Therw was nothig out of place in the crypt itself, however M. argo thought that it may have been part of an older structure. he used his abilities to investigate, and learned that the crypt had been built over top of a large crack in the earth... we belive that the source lies somewhere in that crevice.

[Alma] Have you thought of what might make those of you who sensed it different from those of us who did not?

[Sanadhil] I am honestly quite puzzled, and somewhat concerned.

[Sanadhil] I imagine that m. Argo's reaction is related to his strange link with the city.

[Alma] Three of you are arcanists, but that wouldn't explain Mr. Argo.

[Sanadhil] True...

[Sanadhil] I'm not sue that is it, though.

[Sanadhil] There were other arcanists present, and I assume others who attend the church as well

[Alma] Yes, indeed.

[Sanadhil] There would have been some talk if the experience were that commonly shared

[Alma] You've all been close to the Arch, though so has Dominik.

[Sanadhil] Has Mlle Chanuier?

[Alma] She was with Mr. Rademacher when they found Theodis Maez.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Alma] And of course House Wolf is not a fitting explanation, as it applies to neither Ysabeau nor yourself.

[Sanadhil] Indeed - and again a great number of other guests would have been affected, I presume.

[Sanadhil] I am prepared to accept that Mlle de Quesenet may have been more greatly impacted because of her heritage

[Sanadhil] and that two two of us may have experienced some resonance due to our more frequent involvent in the past with the Order's activities....

[Alma] Does this effect... persist?

  • Sanadhil muses

[Sanadhil] No, it disappeared quite quickly as we left the Church

[Alma] So nothing when you return?

[Alma] How... odd.

[Sanadhil] when I return? I have had no cause to do so.

[Alma] So it could still be there.

[Alma] Did you notice whether anyone outside of our group might have experienced it? Anyone else in the audience who seemed discomfited?

[Sanadhil] No.... We didn't have the opportunity to discuss it in much detail before he ceremony began

  • Alma does her best not to look conflicted.

[Sanadhil] and by the time we'd investigated fuether, the crowd had dispersed.

  • Sanadhil looks thoughtful

[Sanadhil] it was mostly a sense of... cold.

[Sanadhil] Like a cold breath o the back of your neck

  • Sanadhil frowns slightly, remembering.
  • Alma frowns as well, reminded somewhat of the Arch entity... Vrag?

[Sanadhil] ...Mlls Chanuier did mention that it was also the same place where you found Strauch's remains?

[Alma] Yes, he was found in the crypt.

[Sanadhil] You said that it was a ritualized murder?

[Alma] Well, it appeared to be masquerading as a murder by the Order.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] as with Maez?

[Alma] Yes...

[Alma] However divinations indicate that Maez was murdered by Strauch for an item, and Strauch was murdered by The Hush in retaliation.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] so there was nothing actually significant about it in an occult sense?

[Alma] I saw no indications of such at the time. I will have to think about it further, though I'm fairly confident that it would have to be something fairly complicated in order to give me those results but still have been orchestrated for a ritual purpose.

[Alma] Strauch's attackers clearly voiced their intentions for revenge, and his remains indicated the murder of Maez was for treasure.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] a strange coincidence, then...

[Sanadhil] In any case - M. Argo and I are quite keen to investigate the matter further

[Alma] Perhaps. If Mr. Argo or yourself could show me the location of the hole below the floor, perhaps it might correspond.

[Sanadhil] Of course - any time. I am curious to see if the feeling would be the same.

  • Alma sighs.

[Sanadhil] I hope to speak to M. Rionet about the matter as well, to see whether there is any information about that area of the Undercity in the Rat community

[Sanadhil] ...Duke Rionet, rather

  • Sanadhil corrects himself

[Alma] Ah, I suppose. There are structures beneath the down... perhaps there are some less inhospitable ones beneath the Nine Elms.

[Sanadhil] indeed

  • Alma plucks at her robe uncomfortably.

[Alma] Well, I ... would like to think on this.

  • Alma stands slowly and picks up her satchel.

[Alma] I'm sure we'll speak again shortly.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] (sm)

[Sanadhil] I hope so.

  • Sanadhil rises as you do.
  • Alma looks a lot more tired than when she came in, looking rather upbeat despite the sunburn.

[Alma] Good afternoon, M. Orecalo.

[Sanadhil] You as well, Countess

  • Sanadhil says somewhat apologetically.

[Alma] .oO( And it just doesn't end. )

  • Alma leaves to go mope on her carriage ride home

Alma and Ysabeau

[Alma] Alma would have gotten in touch with you shortly after she got back anyway, and after talking with Sanadhil she would try to pin you down for a meeting :P

  • Ysabeau has been at the Society a lot, lately, working on her final Castalia project. You could pin me down there?
  • Ysabeau is poring over a manuscript written in her hand, books covering much of the table's surface in one of the private study rooms.
  • Alma notices humming and goes to see if it is indeed you.
  • Alma peeks in the doorway.

[Alma] Ah, hello Ysabeau :)

  • Ysabeau almost jumps from her seat.

[Ysabeau] Oh, Sister!

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Welcome back.

  • Alma is still quite red from her sunburn, but does not look particularly diabolic ^_^

[Ysabeau] I hope you had a good trip?

[Alma] We did, thank you. How have you been?

[Ysabeau] Pretty good, thank you.

  • Alma steps into the study room.

[Alma] How goes your project?

[Ysabeau] Not bad, thank you. :)

[Alma] I spoke with M. Orecalo yesterday.

[Ysabeau] Oh? How is he?

[Alma] Well as far as I can tell. We didn't talk much about personal things except for my rosy complexion :)

  • Ysabeau smiles sympathetically.

[Alma] My skin is much less angry today :)

[Ysabeau] Too bad the healing arts don't work on burns, apparently. ;)

[Alma] Well, I'm sure I could figure out something, but it seems a bit like cheating when it's not really harmful per se.

[Alma] We spoke as well about the wedding day itself. I wanted to talk to you about that sometime soon.

[Ysabeau] I'd try a spell I think. But then I wouldn't have to ask a god for it. I suppose that would make one less inclined to 'abuse' magical powers.

[Ysabeau] Oh...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] We could go across the street for a drink, if you like. I need a break, anyway.

[Alma] Sure :)

  • Ysabeau carefully returns her manuscript into one stack of ordered papers, ties it with a ribbon, and puts it in her satchel. She leads you to the Dreaming Demon.
  • Alma will wait for you to set your things aside and walk out with you.
  • Ysabeau asks someone she calls Merrow if there are any private dining rooms available. He leads us to one...
  • Ysabeau orders some wine for herself.

[Ysabeau] What would you like, Sister?

[Alma] I will have a tea with honey.

[Alma] So... something is apparently hiding under the Nine Elms...

  • Ysabeau nods once we're alone.

[Ysabeau] The obvious possibility is an Imprisoned Emkathon.

[Alma] I had ... entertained the idea, I suppose... mostly because of Seth's strong reaction, but you seem to think it quite stronger a possibility?

[Alma] What about your reaction, and Sanadhil's?

[Ysabeau] What about them?

[Alma] Well I could see Ilphere having a reaction, as a probable descendant of Laeken, but the two of you?

[Alma] Contact with the Arch is an unlikely cause, as Dominik didn't hear it, right?

[Ysabeau] None of us heard anything except M. Argo.

[Alma] Yes but why did you feel anything at all?

[Ysabeau] And the young Duchess of Coindeliere.

[Alma] Silvia heard something?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Sanadhil didn't mention that.

[Ysabeau] He doesn't know.

[Ysabeau] Nor does he know that Martan reacted.

[Ysabeau] Silvia heard singing, apparently. Martan had a headache.

[Alma] Singing?

[Ysabeau] That's what she said. I didn't have time to question her about it, though - His Grace and I were hurrying to catch up with the others who had already gone down into the crypt.

[Ysabeau] Besides, I hardly know her, and she seems almost painfully shy.

[Alma] She does, yes.

[Alma] So the question is, why would the collection of you be attuned to this effect, or if it is Emkathon, why the three of you who are not connected...

[Ysabeau] Those three being myself, Silvia and whom, you think?

[Alma] Sanadhil.

[Ysabeau] I assume M. Orecalo and Ilphere felt it through their involvement in the cult.

[Ysabeau] M. Rademacher has not continued going to those meetings, so far as I know. So he may not have been present when... whatever happened to make M. Orecalo sensitive to it, and to a lesser extent, possibly Ilphere, happened.

[Ysabeau] As for Silvia, I believe she has the Sight here as her alter ego in Imraen's dream did.

[Alma] I suppose...

[Alma] But that still leaves you.

[Ysabeau] She said that the source of the singing was a long way down, without having even seen the interior of the crypt. And she was right, as M. Argo's investigation proved.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Alma] And I didn't think Ilphere was that much involved in the order, and she had an even stronger response, according to Sanadhil.

[Ysabeau] Well, she has visions, and may be naturally more sensitive to things related to the Serpent due to her family line.

[Ysabeau] As for me...

[Ysabeau] You aren't going to like this.

[Ysabeau] The only reason I can think of is that I'm nearly three months' pregnant. *Three* months, understand. It happened more than a month before we knew anything about the Legend Lore.

[Alma] Oh Ysabeau...

  • Alma says, but not in a recriminating way...
  • Alma just sighs.
  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Alma] Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore if that part was referring to Martan or Tristane.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I'm not upset that I'm pregnant. I really, really want to have this baby.

[Ysabeau] I do worry about what it will signify for him, though. :/

[Ysabeau] And... possibly more than him.

  • Alma nods.

[Ysabeau] He was great, when I told him. A little stunned because since the Legend Lore we had been *so* careful.

[Alma] It makes you think about destiny...

[Ysabeau] And about a month ago I didn't really have any reason to even suspect this had happened...

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] I spoke with the Lady Chancellor... I thought I should at least let her know that the Order might be looking for her.

[Ysabeau] Oh? How did that go?

[Alma] Rather uneventfully... she seemed not to care very much.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Alma] Obviously we've only met the once, but it seems like she may be different somehow.

[Ysabeau] Like how?

[Alma] Placid.

[Ysabeau] The way she reacts to things...?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] I'm not sure if it's from being touched by passing through the Arch, or if she just ... accepts things.

[Ysabeau] He's kind of like that, too. Which in some cases can be a real strength, I think.

[Ysabeau] You know, when something is happening that you really have no control over, at all.

[Alma] I suppose if you have visions, that might be a response...

  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Alma] She said he has a destiny of great import, but that her destiny is already laid out before her.

[Alma] I suppose it could even be a defense.

[Alma] To just accept.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It becomes a problem only when there could be a way you can fight, but you don't because it's just easier to accept.

[Alma] I mentioned the tal-Antar's dream and she almost seemed to like the idea of a world where she hadn't met Butler.

[Alma] So it's not as if she's devoid of emotion, there's that at least.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Martan is certainly not devoid of emotion. I wish I knew what I could do to help him. ;_;

[Alma] I mentioned Theonée in part because I wanted to tell one of you about my impression of her.

[Ysabeau] You know, something more useful than just loving him and being there for him.

[Alma] Well that may be the best thing for him right now, if the world is going to start whirling around him.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] I do think that he should be very careful in meeting with her not to necessarily expect a strong response in either direction. If she has, or has tried to cultivate, a ... serenity, then he may just get an acknowledgement, and nothing more.

[Alma] On the other hand, I think she may know more...

[Alma] He may want to know what she knows.

[Ysabeau] Maybe.

[Ysabeau] I can mention it to him. I think he's more interested in meeting his father, though, at the moment.

[Alma] I didn't mention him to her... I felt it not my place, and kicked myself that I didn't suggest to you both earlier that if I spoke with her I could mention who he was to forwarn her.

  • Alma nods

[Ysabeau] Well, he might not have wanted you to do something like that, anyway. So it's just as well, maybe.

[Alma] I hope it wasn't too hard for him to have them both there.

[Ysabeau] I think it was awkward, perhaps. But he made what he could out of it, observing the way Ser Belden treats his daughter.

[Alma] Oh?

[Ysabeau] He is like that... tries to make the best of things.

[Alma] I suppose he would watch, to see what might come out of meeting him, in the best case :)

  • Ysabeau smiles fondly/a bit sadly.
  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Well, hopefully once the Lord Marshall adjusts to the idea, they will be able to have a good relationship.

[Ysabeau] Hopefully. :)

[Ysabeau] But I'm not so sure...

[Alma] Why is that?

[Ysabeau] We'll see, I suppose.

[Ysabeau] Well, what he brought to my attention mainly was how controlling the Lord Marshall is of Marrith.

[Ysabeau] And I know Martan values his freedom.

[Alma] Controlling how?

[Alma] I didn't notice, but I suppose I wasn't looking.

  • Ysabeau will tell you about Marrith's relationship with the Count of Jura and what Butler has done to prevent that relationship, or end it, at least.

[Ysabeau] Also, we spoke to the Duchess of Greywatch when she was in town.

[Alma] Well, there could be a good reason for him trying to come between his daughter and a descandant of Kalman vak Andras...

[Ysabeau] Apparently Theonee couldn't stand how overprotective he was.

[Alma] He could be concerned about the same thing as what lead Martan to be hidden away, that something could be in his blood.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] After all, I'm sure some of his mother's concern seeped through, even if she never voiced it openly.

[Ysabeau] It's possible, I agree. But it can't be easy for the people who are close to him.

[Ysabeau] I'd feel utterly smothered.

[Alma] Well, no, I suppose if that's why Theonée couldn't be with him...

[Ysabeau] I doubt that is the only reason. They seem to have had a troubled relationship at the best of times.

[Alma] If she is trying to accept her fate, as she sees or believes it, and he insists on protecting her...

  • Ysabeau shrugs noncomittally.

[Alma] There is so much going on, and not enough time to come to understand it all...

[Ysabeau] I know.

[Alma] So Silvia heard singing, and Martan had a ... headache?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Did you hear of anyone else reacting?

[Ysabeau] No.

[Ysabeau] But I haven't really inquired, either.

[Ysabeau] Hmm... I've half a mind to go back there and see if I still feel it, if it's stronger or not. It's been two weeks.

[Alma] Well, we could go anytime you'd like.

[Ysabeau] And I had been to the temple before, months ago, and felt nothing.

[Alma] I've left a message to meet with Mr. Argo to try to investigate more.

[Ysabeau] No time like the present. ^-^

  • Alma will finish the rest of her tea.

[Alma] Do you need anything from the Society before we go?

[Ysabeau] I've already got my manuscript. As you can imagine I now have a rather more concrete deadline for completing my education...

  • Alma nods.
  • Alma will lead you to her carriage and have Marielle drive us to the Nine Elms
  • Ysabeau steps out, a little anxious, and heads towards the temple doors, resting her hands on her belly.
  • Alma will let you set the pace, as it appears to have a range.

[Curtana] (Ysa, you feel a slight tingly sensation crawl over your skin as you draw near the temple doors)

  • Ysabeau pauses... is it stronger?
  • Alma will run through her retinue of divination abilities as we approach

[Curtana] (about the same, you think)

[Alma] Do you feel anything?

[Ysabeau] Yes, similar to last time.

  • Ysabeau goes inside...

[Alma] .oO( Some hear things, some feel things... )

[Curtana] (the feeling increases as you move toward the centre of the church - it's like a chill + hair standing on end feeling)

[Alma] May I try something?

[Ysabeau] Certainly.

  • Alma casts Silence centred on our location.
  • Alma begins to ask you a question, but stops and looks a little foolish as no sound comes out of her mouth.
  • Alma dispels it.

[Curtana] (the feeling persists despite the silece, ysa)

[Alma] Did that change anything?

[Ysabeau] No.

  • Alma nods.

[Ysabeau] Except for making me paranoid. ;)

[Alma] Hmm?

[Alma] Oh yes :P

[Ysabeau] I'm a bard, if I can't make noise, I'm powerless.

[Alma] It's only twenty feet wide...

[Ysabeau] I'm going to go up in the balcony... that's where I spent most of my time during the wedding.

[Alma] Sure.

[Ysabeau] I'm having trouble judging whether it's any stronger than it was. But if I go up there and can still feel it, then it is stronger.

  • Ysabeau climbs the stairs up.

[Curtana] (the feeling does diminish as you go up to the balcony, until you can barely notice it)

[Curtana] (but you do still notice it slightly up there - maybe because you're looking for it, though)

[Alma] I wonder if an anti-magic field would have an effect. It's not registering as magic, but it could still be a magical effect, if it's not sound.

[Ysabeau] What is the range on that sort of spell?

[Alma] It's quite short, only about ten feet... and I can't cast it anyhow.

[Ysabeau] If you can't center it on whatever below is causing this then it may be no use - it's so far down.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Well, normally it would affect the area of an effect which intersects with the anti-magic field.

[Ysabeau] Well... IF it's gotten any stronger in the past two weeks, I can't say it's significantly more so.

[Alma] Of course if it is something else...

[Ysabeau] I can still feel it, barely, which I didn't notice at your wedding. But that might be because I'm actually trying to feel it. This is too subjective a test.

  • Ysabeau climbs back down the stairs.

[Alma] I can't feel a thing.

[Alma] I've been to the crypt and tried my hardest to just... be receptive.

[Ysabeau] Well, is that such a bad thing, really?

[Ysabeau] Not feeling it?

  • Alma looks dubious.

[Ysabeau] It means you're probably not... 'contaminated' is not the right word for it.

[Ysabeau] But you know what I mean.

[Ysabeau] :P

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] If that is what it is...

  • Ysabeau loves her baby and reassures it/herself in her head. ;_;

[Alma] I wonder if something would happen if we brought the fragments of the Phereia here.

[Ysabeau] That sounds like a hazardous experiment.

[Ysabeau] Especially if something does happen.

[Ysabeau] But I think it might need blood.

[Ysabeau] I am not volunteering. :P

[Alma] Yes, I'm not certain anything would happen at all.

[Alma] Even if I thought it was worth tinkering :)

[Ysabeau] That being said, if you thought of it, someone else might well have.

  • Alma sighs.
  • Alma sits down in the pews.

[Alma] Is there anything that even be learned, or done, to affect any of this anyway?

[Ysabeau] Do you mind if we go outside...?

[Alma] No, that's fine...

[Alma] We'll go back to the carriage.

[Ysabeau] As to your question, I don't know, Sister.

  • Alma lifts herself up, quietly glad her moping was interrupted.
  • Alma leads you back out.

[Ysabeau] I've just got to hope for the best...

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure what else I *can* do.

[Ysabeau] I love him so much...

[Alma] I'm glad you've found someone to love :)

  • Alma mounts the carriage.

[Ysabeau] Me too.

[Alma] Home, or back to the society?

[Ysabeau] Oh, if you have the time, home would be great. I have supper to cook.

[Alma] That would be fine :)

  • Alma has Marielle take you home first.

[Ysabeau] Thank you, Sister.

  • Alma does her best to chat on the way there :P