Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 45

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 45 Next

Summary

Induriel asks Yula if she has an ideas or advice about howto appeal to Corellon for aid with his blindness. He, May participate in a ritual to share her vision of danger from the south. Meanwhile Laris, Korivan, Eyllia, Rufus, Vana and Malak are ambushed by orcs... just as it looks as though they may fall, they are rescued by mercenaries of the Green Steel Legion, from the former Turathi House Allatu.

Session

Session date: 2019-10-13
In Game date: Immediately following the previous session

Induriel asks Yula for advice


* Induriel approaches Yula in the brief interval between completing the ritual preparations and beginning the ritual
* Yula is presumably having some food.
<Yula> Induriel of Antalanon
* Yula says by way of greeting.
<Induriel> Yula of the line of Apacenya, greetings.
<Induriel> Forgive me for disturbing you. We are almost ready... but I wished to consult you about something beforehand, if you will permit.
<Yula> I am willing to listen.
<Induriel> Thank you.
* Induriel lifts a hand to indicate his eye
<Induriel> As you can see, I have been afflicted with a condition.
<Yula> Yes.
<Induriel> I have been told that it partly spiritual.
<Induriel> It is of Infernal origin - it happened when I was attempting to scry on that which did not wish to be seen.
<Yula> It must have been quite powerful to do such damage through a scrying.
<Induriel> Yes. In any case: being of a spiritual nature, it may be subject to a spiritual cure.
<Yula> That seems likely.
<Induriel> As such, I must appeal to our Shining Protector for Their aid.
<Induriel> I thought perhaps you might best advise me how to do so.
<Yula> Hmm.
* May (uid133395@2001:67c:2f08:7::2:913) has joined #gnomeland
<Yula> Do you sing?
<Induriel> I have not been in the habit of it, no. Is that something you would advise?
<Yula> It is a place to start. You Aethrennari worship our parent as lord and warrior, but you need their other aspects. I do not take you for a hunter, and magic may be difficult for you if you are accustomed to relying upon your sight.
* Induriel nods
<Yula> Corellon is a god of art and beauty. They enjoy such offerings.
<Induriel> That... I had not considered it before, but of course.
<Induriel> Perhaps an attempt at sculpture... if They will accept the effort, flawed though it will undoubtedly be. :/
<Yula> Dancing, perhaps? With the right partner, sight would not be as much of a factor.
<Yula> Poetry, if song is not to your liking.
* Induriel nods
<Induriel> Or all of them.
<Yula> I could not hurt.
<Yula> It*
<Induriel> Thank you for your wisdom, Yula. I shall take your suggestions to heart.
<Induriel> Now, if you are ready, shall we attend Heri Mamitu?
<Yula> I hope I have been helpful.
<Yula> Of course.
* Yula will offer her arm to guide you.
* Induriel takes her arm
<Induriel> Thank you.

Yula's vision is shared


<YOAW_Narrator> May, your ritual space can be prepared for the ritual presently.
* NPC2 is now known as Sahhiru
* Temu (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* May will still be futzing around tinkering with the details when people arrive
* Yula will enter with Induriel.
<Yula> Your working is impressive, Mamitu of the Lalu.
* Induriel smiles
<Yula> This space sings with magic.
* May smiles
<May> Thank you!
<May> We just had it expanded. I'm happy with how it turned out.
<Yula> What does your ritual require?
<May> I'll just need you to sit here, at the top of the triangle. Induriel and I will be at the other two points. I will be summoning one who can help us see into your memory. It should be painless, but you might see the vision again as we do.
* Yula takes a deep breath and nods.
* Induriel releases Yula's arm as he is guided to his place
<May> Are you both ready?
* Induriel takes a moment to compose himself, then nods.
<Induriel> Yes, Mamitu.
<Yula> Yes.
* May will nod and light the incense burners. She will then begin chanting prayers to Giskimmu, beseaching him for aid.
* Induriel takes up the chant as required by the ritual
* Yula will wait patiently.
* Temu is now known as Giskimmu
<May> !roll 8d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 5 2 3 4 3 5 5 1 ] for a total of [ 28 ].
<Induriel> !roll 11d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 11d6 ] getting [ 3 2 5 2 5 1 6 1 2 6 3 ] for a total of [ 36 ].
<May> (22)
<Induriel> (For me it's 6 Will +5 bonus... do I only keep the 6?)
<May> (Keep the 6 highest, yeah)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, just keep six)
<Induriel> (28, then)
<Korivan> (...how do you get 11d6?)
<Korivan> (oh the bonus I see, nm)
<Induriel> (What can I tell ya? I'm the Eyllia of Aethrennari Gregorian chants! :D )
<May> (lol)
<YOAW_Narrator> You chant for a short while, rising to a crescendo, and there is a whiff of burning cedar and you hear a rythmic tapping that seems to come from far away and get progressively closer.
<YOAW_Narrator> After a moment, a figure stands before you. He appears similar to a tiefling, but with blue skin. Small horns adorn his forehead, and a scarf or bandage covers his eyes. He is otherwise dressed like a Turathi noble in black and gold.
<Yula> He holds out a staff, pointed at May.
<Yula> (ww)
<YOAW_Narrator> He holds out a staff, pointed at May.
<Giskimmu> Who dares to summon the Hierarch of Portents?
* Giskimmu calls out in a deep and echoing voice.
<May> Greetings Giskimmu, Keeper of that which both seen and unseen. I am Mamitu of House Lalu, protector and lady of Nesu Abamatu, late of the fallen Empire of Turath.
<Giskimmu> Oh!
* Giskimmu says in a decidedly less majestic tone, straightening and pulling his staff back to lean on.
<Giskimmu> Sahhiru's protege. Greetings, Mamitu of the Lalu.
<May> Oh! You know my uncle!
<Giskimmu> We go way back. I mean, all of our people do, but, yes, I know Sahhiru. Back before he was Sahhiru, even.
<Induriel> . o O (What?!??)
* Giskimmu grins.
<Giskimmu> What did you need?
<May> Well, if it's not too much trouble, I was hoping for a small boon. My friend here had a vision that I and my teacher would like to be able to view for ourselves and we thought maybe you could help us out. I'd be more than glad to give you offerings in exchange of course.
<Giskimmu> Oh, yeah, that's simple enough. Just, uh, burn some incense for me at your temple next time you're there.
<Giskimmu> I'll need a drop of blood from both of you, too.
<May> Of course! Thank you so much. Is that ok with you, Yula?
<Yula> Yes.
<Giskimmu> Oh, no, I just need the blood from you and your teacher here.
<Giskimmu> I have to forge the connection.
<Giskimmu> Then I'll reopen her sight.
<May> Oh, no problem then.
* May will take out one of her hairpins and use it to prick her finger and then hand it to Induriel.
<May> Do you need help with it, Istyar?
<Induriel> I can manage.
* Induriel says a little quickly, and pricks his own finger.
<Giskimmu> Excellent. Now..
* Giskimmu will lean forward and collect a drop from each of you, then turn towards Yula.
<Giskimmu> This will just take a moment.
* Giskimmu draws a small symbol, reminiscent of an eye, on Yula's forehead. When he's done, his hand raises to the bandage over his eyes.
<Giskimmu> I do apologize, miss.
* Giskimmu raises the bandage.
* Yula gasps.
<YOAW_Narrator> You find yourself no longer in the ritual space, standing on a flat surface, though you can see nothing else in the gloom.
<YOAW_Narrator> After a moment, there is a roar like a great animal in pain, or an explosion, or both, and you see a streak of flame in the distance.
<YOAW_Narrator> (All of you, including Induriel, see this.)
<Induriel> (Yay? :/ )
<YOAW_Narrator> In the way of dreams, your perspective shifts, and you seem to zoom along the ground? towards the fire. You find yourself at the edge of a crater which is strewn with rubble and dead bodies.
<May> (What type of bodies?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tieflings, mostly, though you see other races mixed in. They're all wearing Turathi clothing.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Something beneath them, or perhaps them all together, stirs.
<YOAW_Narrator> A gargantuan form bursts forth, draconic and serpentine and worse. It is made of the substance of the crater, rubble and bodies and flame. It bellows out a screeching roar to the sky.
<YOAW_Narrator> It thrashes about blindly, and your perspective moves to follow it.
<YOAW_Narrator> Where its many limbs fall, blood and coins burst forth.
* Eyllia (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<YOAW_Narrator> A beacon shines behind you, a green flame seen over craggy peaks.
<YOAW_Narrator> The beast, in a movement oddly graceful, undulates towards the beacon, over the mountains, and towards what you recognize as Nesu Abamatu, as seen from a gods' eye view.
<YOAW_Narrator> Its jaws descend, consuming the jade fire in a single swift assault.
<YOAW_Narrator> The beast coils about the city, its putrescence spreading.
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear the sound of chains, of many feet, and many lashes falling upon skin. A great cry goes up...
<YOAW_Narrator> You find yourself back in the ritual chamber, Giskimmu nowhere to be seen.
* May blinks and takes a deep breather to steady herself.
<May> Nine hells...
* Induriel starts, and stares blindly once more
<Induriel> That was... unsettling. :/
<Yula> You see my concern.
<May> Yes... I think I understand better now.
* Induriel nods
<May> Thank you for coming to us with this.
<Yula> I do not understand the full meaning of this, but I know it comes for us all, and it comes here.
<Induriel> We must decide how to prepare... what we can do.
<May> I will need to talk to my advisors. Yula, will you be staying here or returning to your soon?
<May> (To your mother soon)
<Yula> I plan to go south, to see what my vision foretold.
<May> Alone?
<Yula> If I must, yes, though I would not be opposed to company.
<May> If you're set on that course then I will provide you with a guard at the very least. I'd like someone I trust to go with you to see what can be discovered.
* Yula nods.
<Yula> You will prepare for this beast's coming?
<May> We'll do what we can.
<May> My duty is to protect my people.
<Yula> As is mine. I believe we can do so in concert.
* Induriel nods
<Yula> Would you be willing to send emissaries to my mother?
<Induriel> You believe she would receive them?
* Yula sighs.
<May> We will send them anyway. If you want you can send a letter with them. I'm sure she wants to know you're safe.
<Yula> I would hope so, but I would be most able to ensure such.
<Yula> I...am torn.
<Yula> I am accustomed to meeting challenges directly, but I cannot be in two places at once.
<May> It's up to you. You've been brave beyond the call of duty to come this far. I wouldn't blame you for going back. Either way, you have our support.
<Induriel> I am sure we will be paying close attention to the south in any case.
* Yula frowns.
<Yula> I will consider.
<May> Sleep on it. Let me know what you decide.
<Yula> I do not wish to impose upon your hospitality, however.
<Induriel> There are many who can be sent as scouts, Yula of the line of the Apacenya, but I do not think anyone else here can persuade the Lady Roime.
<May> Nesu Abamatu is open to all who enter with good intentions. I think you've more than proven that already.
* Yula nods.
<May> Whatever you decide you'll need to go soon. We have no idea how long we have.
<Yula> Yes. I do not know how much time we have. Perhaps my assistance with uniting a response is more useful than seeing for myself.
* Induriel nods
<May> I can promise that whatever we find going on in the south we will inform you as soon as possible.
<Yula> Thank you for believing me, and taking this threat seriously.
* Induriel bows slightly to her
<May> Thank you.
<Induriel> We thank you for the warning.

Laris, Korivan, Eyllia, and co are beset by Orcs and rescued by Turathi


<YOAW_Narrator> You're headed back north to Hrieffen territory, though it'll be most of a day before you get there. Do you want to press on through the night, or try to inconspicuously camp?
<Laris> (I think that probably depends on how Korivan is faring. He was the most injured.)
<Korivan> (good question? I can try and tough it out?)
<Laris> (if he's okay to push on, I would be in favour of keeping going, but if he's too worn out, or if Rufus is falling asleep in the saddle, we can stop.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Well, he's got a closed but still extant leg wound, and several broken ribs, but he's also pretty good at toughing through things.)
<Korivan> (yeah, I'm sure I have some upers or something to get me through. Rufus can have soe too ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Rufus can go on, he's just going to be leaning on his magic and his vryloka vampire stuff a little.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so you make your way carefully through the mountains and hills towards home.
<YOAW_Narrator> Can I get everyone to make me an Awareness check?
<Korivan> (What kind of awareness?)
<Eyllia> (im assuming empathy does not apply?)
<Laris> (does Notice apply?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Regular Awareness, Empathy does not apply, Notice does.)
<Eyllia> !roll 3d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6+6 ] getting [ 5 2 2 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 15 ].
<Eyllia> (thats the number)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 1 2 5 ] for a total of [ 10 ].
<Korivan> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 2 2 ] for a total of [ 4 ].
<Laris> (10 for me)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, Eyllia, Rufus, and Vana will hear faint sounds nearby. You're fairly certain you're being followed again.
* Yula is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> [Thantopolitan] We've got company.
<Laris> [T] Where?
* Sahhiru is now known as Malak
* Eyllia is quickly scanning, looking for threats
* Laris perks up a bit, also getting his bow ready
* Korivan scowls
<Malak> [Goblin] Gurluk says there are orcs nearby.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you're fairly certain there are people on either side, keeping their distance for the moment.)
<Laris> (what sort of terrain are we in? is there anywhere more defensible we could get to in short order?)
<Eyllia>
<w> theyre at both our flanks
<Rufus_Metillius> [T] Both sides, maybe 30 meters out.
<Korivan> (how are the spirits here?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're in rough, lightly forested terrain. You can make a Warfare test if you like, to assess the terrain.)
<Laris> (sure)
<YOAW_Narrator> (The spirits are pretty hostile here.)
<Laris> (strategy help?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'd say not in this case, but if you have Tactics, it will.)
<Laris> (I do not)
<Laris> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 6 4 2 4 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<Laris> (21 is the total)
<YOAW_Narrator> (If you pushed ahead, to your left and up a slope is an outcropping with some trees and a boulder that would provide cover, give you high ground, and force an enemy to come at you in smaller numbers for melee. You'd need to make that decision quickly and decisively for it to work, though.)
<Laris> This way.
* Laris orders the others, and will lead the rest in that direction (assuming they follow me ;)
* Korivan will saya prayer to Bane for strength and cunning, and follow Laris's direction
* Rufus_Metillius follows.
* Eyllia and Vana will follow
* Malak follows on Gurluk after a moment.
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll hear shouts as you move in that direction, and the group of orcs rushes towards you.
<YOAW_Narrator> Can I get Animal Handling (Ride) checks (with a bonus die) from everyone, and then Agility tests?
<YOAW_Narrator> (brb)
<Laris> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 3 5 ] for a total of [ 8 ].
<Laris> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 4 5 ] for a total of [ 9 ].
<Eyllia> (ill need to know if acrobatics applies to the agility test)
<Korivan> (Josh I'm not sure where I am on penalties atm)
<Korivan> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 4 1 1 ] for a total of [ 6 ].
<Korivan> (lololoL)
<Korivan> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 2 5 ] for a total of [ 7 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heather, you are -1 die and -1)
<Korivan> (well then let me roll that again
<Korivan> !roll 2d6-1
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6-1 ] getting [ 1 6 ] for a total of [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ -1 ] totals [ 6 ].
<Korivan> !roll 1d6-1
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 1d6-1 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ -1 ] totals [ 3 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> (Acrobatics does not apply)
<Korivan> (mmmhmmm)
<Eyllia> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 5 6 ] for a total of [ 11 ].
<Eyllia> (6 ride)
<Eyllia> !roll 5d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 5d6+6 ] getting [ 6 3 6 3 3 ] for a total of [ 21 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 27 ].
<Eyllia> (27 agility)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Kraaz is going to have a field day with this later.) The terrain is rocky and difficult. You steer your mounts towards the outcropping. Most of you manage fine, but Korivan catches a limb in the chest and falls back off his mount. To his surprise, he is caught by Gurluk, who will carry his the rest of the short way to your destination before setting him down.
<Malak> [G] We got you.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can all take cover.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, you have first action.
<Eyllia> (acrobatic defense and move off the damn smelly four legged beast to a position to choke the approach, but is hopefully somewhat shielded from arrows)
<Eyllia> Vana, anything you can do about arrows would be good
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, Laris, you're next.
<Laris> (what do I actually see coming?)
<YOAW_Narrator> You can see orcs charging through the trees. Probably about 20 total, but it's hard to tell at a glance.
<Laris> (I'll try to shoot whoever looks like the leader, or whoever I have the best shot at)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, roll Marksmanship)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 3 4 4 ] for a total of [ 17 ].
<Laris> (14)
<YOAW_Narrator> An orc goes down with an arrow in their chest, frost spreading over the wound.
* Rufus_Metillius reaches into a pouch at his belt and pulls out several shards of bone.
<Rufus_Metillius> Os telum.
<YOAW_Narrator> The shards glow with a ghostly light.
* Giskimmu is now known as Vana
* Vana sings in Primordial. The winds pick up, and mist begins to rise from the ground.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan?
* Korivan will see if he can get the spirits of the trees, and what scaggly grasses there are, to hinder their charge and trip them up
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will)
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 3 6 2 2 1 ] for a total of [ 14 ].
<Korivan> (13)
<Korivan> (assuming invocation is what's what)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah)
<Korivan> (err, 13, rather)
<YOAW_Narrator> There's little enough visual effect, but you can sense the trees turning on the orcs. Branches sway at the right moment to hinder vision, roots twist to trip. The charge falters slightly, but the orcs press on.
* Malak slides off Gurluk's back, and the demon moves up to take a place next to Eyllia, roaring a challenge at the orcs.
<YOAW_Narrator> The orcs charge in, though, per Laris's assessment, only so many of them can get at you at once.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Really sorry, looking something up)
<Laris> (no worries)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, what's your Athletics?)
<Eyllia> 3 dice
<YOAW_Narrator> Okie doke. And combat defense is 22 right now, right?
<Eyllia> (yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay.
<YOAW_Narrator> Four of the orcs reach your position, two attacking Eyllia, and two attacking Gurluk.
<YOAW_Narrator> Gurluk bats away a spear, but the second one pierces his leg, eliciting another roar.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, you duck a spear, but the club-wielding orc attacking you manages, just barely, to hit you while you were avoiding the first attack. He deals 3 damage.
<YOAW_Narrator> Your action.
<Eyllia> (keep acrobatic defense and run through club guy)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sounds good)
<Eyllia> !roll 9d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 2 2 1 4 3 6 1 2 1 ] for a total of [ 22 ].
<Eyllia> (19)
<YOAW_Narrator> (How much damage does your sword do again?)
<Eyllia> (5)
<YOAW_Narrator> His grin at his success turns to shock as you indeed run him through. He coughs a small spray of blood and falls, the look of surprise frozen on his face.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris?
<Laris> (I'll position myself so I give Rufus cover for whatever he's casting and shoot at whoever comes close)
<YOAW_Narrator> (All right)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 3 6 4 ] for a total of [ 19 ].
<Laris> (16)
<YOAW_Narrator> (What's your Agility?)
<Laris> (2)
<YOAW_Narrator> One of the two orcs near Gurluk, trying to edge around the demon, falls back with an arrow in his shoulder, the frost spreading across his chest and down his arm.
* Rufus_Metillius throws the bone shards, which seem to pause in the air and streak towards the two closest orcs, near Gurluk and Eyllia. The shards fly into them and out the other side, repeating the assault several times as the two orcs collapse.
* Vana continues singing, and the fog thickens around your temporary defense point.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan?
<Korivan> (are any orcs still entangled?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (More or less, yes.)
<Korivan> (Cn we take that from 'hindered' to 'harmed'? Throns and tightening libs and such?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Will again)
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 1 3 4 3 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
<Korivan> (11 -_-)
<YOAW_Narrator> The spirits here are willful, but seem to delight in malice. It doesn't take much to push them to violence, and you see an orc lifted off the ground by a tree, it's branches tight around the orc's throat.
<YOAW_Narrator> Several more orcs will charge.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, can I get you to roll me Will?
<Eyllia> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 5 1 ] for a total of [ 6 ].
<Eyllia> (6)
<YOAW_Narrator> You feel a surge of bloodlust and turn to lash out at your companions.
<Korivan> (ugh, I'm gonna have to shut to down)
<YOAW_Narrator> We'll say Vana is closest to you for the moment.
<YOAW_Narrator> The charging orcs will focus on Gurluk for the moment.
<YOAW_Narrator> All three of them drive their spears into the demon's hide. It bellows in pain and rage, knocking them aside, bleeding green-black ichor from its wounds.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, can I get you to roll an attack against Vana please?
<Eyllia> !roll 9d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 3 5 6 6 6 2 3 5 6 ] for a total of [ 42 ].
<Eyllia> (35)
<Eyllia> (34 sorry)
<YOAW_Narrator> Not seeing the attack coming, Vana is essentially defenseless as you plunge both swords into her chest. Her voice falters as she falls, confused.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Both blades then, rather)
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris?
<Laris> (do I see that happen?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Oh, yes, certainly.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia's eyes are glowing a bright red, as well.
<Laris> (I'll shift position so if Eyllia comes this way she has to go through me first, and take a shot at another orc)
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll Marksmanship.
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 4 1 6 6 ] for a total of [ 17 ].
<Laris> (16)
<YOAW_Narrator> You take down another one of the orcs occupied by Gurluk, the spurting blood freezing as he topples down the slope.
* Rufus_Metillius glances at Eyllia, taking in the scene. He rushes towards Vana, his hand extended and glowing with a wispy radiance.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan?
<Korivan> I am going to see if I can use the ancertors to force whatever is in Eyllia out, leaving one of them in thee t help her out
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, roll me Will.
<Korivan> I'll use both my ancestor dice here because.... this is really bad
<Korivan> !roll 7d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 7d6 ] getting [ 3 6 1 4 3 3 1 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<Korivan> (15 -_-)
<YOAW_Narrator> Just to check, anything you want to do with Destiny points?
<Korivan> (Remind me how they work :p)
<Korivan> (I jave like.... 4 so let's get this done :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, the relevant ones are you can use one to convert a bonus die into a test die or gain an extra bonus die, or you can burn one (permanent spend) to add +5, to convert *all
* bonus dice to test dice, or treat your result as if you'd hit the difficulty exactly.
<Korivan> (I'll burn one, then, to make it a 20. Unless that's not enough to hir the difficulty :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heh)
<Laris> (if you converted all bonus wouldn't you get a 21 then? ;p)
<Korivan> (No because I am at a -1)
<Laris> (ah okay)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia seizes a moment, then the red light fades from her eyes and she collapses to the ground, next to where Rufus is kneeling by Vana.
<YOAW_Narrator> Gurluk, maddened, grabs the nearest orc and messily bites his head off, gore spattering the rocks.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, you and Rufus go at the same time, so if you'll permit me a moment.
<Laris> (sure)
* Rufus_Metillius touches Vana and the ghostly radiance spreads over her, settling in her wounds. A moment later, his head snaps up sharply.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you feel a surge of power nearby, but not like whatever the effect on Eyllia was.
<Korivan> (not the same source then?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You wouldn't think so)
<YOAW_Narrator> A moment later, you all hear the sound of a hunting horn, long and loud, but distant.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, your action
<Laris> (what is Rufus doing? does he seem okay or like something weird/bad is happening to him?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You know him well enough to assume he must have sensed something just before the horn blew.)
<Laris> (ok. so just reacting to something he sensed, not like he's now possessed or something.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Right)
* Laris will try to shoot another orc, and at the same time, ask Rufus, "What is it?"
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 5 4 5 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Laris> (14)
<YOAW_Narrator> You hit the other orc currently bothering Gurluk, a messy gut shot that causes him to collapse, screaming.
<YOAW_Narrator> As the orc falls, you can hear howls and snarls from the fog, along with screams.
* Sulidein (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) has joined #gnomeland
* Sulidein is now known as Laris_
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm, I'm not sure. Something powerful...and fae.
* Laris_ frowns
<YOAW_Narrator> Nothing comes charging out of the fog at you for a good minute.
<YOAW_Narrator> Are you doing anything in that time?
<YOAW_Narrator> (The noises continue, though the screams become less common after a bit, and it all quiets down.)
<Laris_> (I'll keep trying to pick off orcs if I see any, otherwise I'll check on the others and see if I can get the injured/unconscious into any better positions - behind this big rock or whatever)
<Korivan> (I want to know if I can get a sense of where the power that possess Eyllia went... if it is still out there >.>)
* Laris (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 378 seconds)
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, you and Rufus can certainly get them situated.
* Laris_ is now known as Laris
<YOAW_Narrator> Gurluk stands guard, snorting and growling.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, roll me an Awareness check (magical)
<Korivan> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 2 4 6 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
<Korivan> (9 -_-)
<YOAW_Narrator> You sense it for a moment, then it seems to snuff out.
<Korivan> (Or wait. no. 5. Why did I even try, man I am so messed up rn -_-)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eh, I'll give it to you. ;) )
* Korivan can't concentrate on anything, or he would try and get a better sense of either.... what is happening down there, magically, or how Eyllia is doing
<YOAW_Narrator> After another minute, the sounds fade to silence completely. You are temporarily alone, an island in the fog.
* Laris will keep a careful watch on whatever is out there, if he can get a glimpse of anything or hear anything.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia's spirit seems injured, but still vibrant. You think she'll recover with time, if you have it.)
<YOAW_Narrator> A few moments after the last of the sounds fade, you can make out three figures approaching through the fog.
* Vana is now known as Stranger
<Stranger> [Turathi] Hail there, friends. You seem to have been in a bit of trouble.
<Laris> (I don't actually speak Turathi I don't think... does anyone here? ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, you do. It's basically your Common for NA.)
<Laris> (ah okay)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I could have sworn I'd said that before, sorry. My bad.)
<Laris> (maybe you had and I just forgot! no problem, I'll note it on my sheet this time :)
<Laris> Who's there?
<Korivan> (yeah, its our like, only common language)
* Laris demands suspiciously
<Stranger> Damasuhu, servant of House Allatu.
<Stranger> May we approach?
<Laris> (does that mean anything to me?)
<Korivan> (I am just going to assume it means nothing to me)
<YOAW_Narrator> (House Allatu was considered one of, if not the, highest Houses in Bael Turath.)
<May> Oooooooh, fancy
<Laris> (that's unexpected.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (They were often called "The Voice of the Dragon")
<May> (Oops, ww >.> )
<Laris> We appreciate your aid.
* Laris is still wary.
<Laris> (can I see any more clearly who the three figures are now?)
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll approach close enough to make them out.
<YOAW_Narrator> In the middle is a gnomish man dressed in the manner of a Turathi lord. His bare chest and arms are covered in intricate tattoos, though you don't see a dragonmark. His fiery red hair is braided in the style of some of the western gnome tribes, and his luxuriant drooping mustache, reaching to his collarbone, is the same shocking shade.
<YOAW_Narrator> Flanking him are two tieflings in Turathi legionary armor, though the one on your right has a hood up. The one on your left is heftier, and as she smiles, you can make out her teeth look metallic.
* Stranger is now known as Damusuhu
<Damusuhu> May I know to whom I speak?
<Laris> I am Laris Valerius Corvis, of Nesu Abamatu.
<Damusuhu> A pleasure to meet you, Laris Valerius Corvis, despite the circumstances. My associates, Sumaktar and Tukte. May we offer further assistance?
<Korivan> (what d the ancestors think of these guys?)
<Laris> Some of my companions are injured.
* Laris looks to Rufus to see what he thinks
<YOAW_Narrator> (Honestly, the ancestors are a little spent, but they seem to recognize the trio as powerful warriors.)
<Damusuhu> Tukte is a skilled healer, among her many talents.
* Rufus_Metillius looks to Laris and shrugs, but looks wary.
<Korivan> (I feel you, ancestors)
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm not a healer.
<Rufus_Metillius> I can just keep her stable.
<Laris> If you are willing to provide healing aid, we would appreciate it.
<YOAW_Narrator> The trio will approach. Sumaktar eyes Gurluk, but Tukte moves immediately past to Vana, and Damusuhu pays him no mind.
<Damusuhu> Nesu Abamatu, you said? That's the old outpost north of here, yes? A fair bit north, if I recall.
* Malak seems wary of these new arrivals as well, and mostly hides behind his demon,
* Malak is now known as Tukte
* Tukte kneels to look over Vana and Eyllia.
<Laris> Yes. We were traveling back there.
<Laris> What brought you to this place?
<Damusuhu> Contract work. A sad fate for the heirs of empire, but needs must. It's proven lucrative at least.
<Damusuhu> May I ask what brought you all the way out here?
<Laris> Lending aid to our allies.
<Damusuhu> Not these orcs, certainly. Rivals of theirs?
<Laris> The Ankai.
<Damusuhu> I'm afraid I'm not familiar. We're still getting the lay of the land. More orcs?
<Laris> Goblinoids.
<Damusuhu> Ah.
* Damusuhu nods towards Korivan.
* Korivan nods but stays quiet because paying attentiong is hard
<Damusuhu> Good soldiers, and better allies than the orcs make.
<Damusuhu> We've a good few in our main column, picked up here and there.
<Laris> You travel with more than the three of you, then?
<Damusuhu> Most times, but we're on an extended scouting mission.
<Damusuhu> Relatedly, Nesu Abamatu still stands?
<Laris> It stands.
* Laris agrees.
<Damusuhu> That's great to hear.
* Damusuhu smiles.
<Laris> What are you scouting for? Perhaps we can aid you, as we've traveled through this area.
<Damusuhu> As I said, lay of the land, disposition of the locals.
<Damusuhu> Knowing Nesu Abamatu is still there changes things.
<Laris> How so?
<Damusuhu> Another survivor of the empire. Who rules there?
<Laris> Domina Mamitu Lalu.
<Damusuhu> Lalu? One of them survived? Ha, good for them.
* Laris nods
<Damusuhu> Perhaps you'd care for some company on your return trip? It would be great to make contact with another sittu.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sittu means 'remnant' or 'remainder'.)
* Laris considers the offer for a moment, but sees no real obvious reason to reject it.
<Laris> Very well.
* Damusuhu smiles broadly.
<Laris> What other sittu do you speak of, though?
<YOAW_Narrator> (I think we'll stop there for today, so folks can go do Thanksgiving things)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, hold on, he can answer that.)
<Damusuhu> Why, us. The Green Steel Legion, servants of Dananu of House Allatu, Voice of the Dragon, Emperor of Turath, long may he reign.

Solos

Laris checks with Korivan about the strangers


* Laris will ride up alongside Korivan and a bit away from the others, as we return towards Nesu Abamatu.
* Korivan does not really notice you at first... which is not so unusual
<Laris> How is your leg doing?
* Laris inquires
* Korivan looks over at you
<Korivan> Fine.
* Laris eyes it a bit dubiously, but nods.
* Korivan says, though party gritted teeth
<Laris> If I may inquire... what are you intending to do with the youngster once we get back?
* Laris asks, keeping his voice low.
<Korivan> Me?
<Laris> If you have a plan, that is. If not, we may need to come up with one. I think bringing their companion into the city might be... an issue.
<Korivan> yed
<Korivan> (yes)
<Korivan> I have.... no plan.
* Laris sighs, considering the options.
<Laris> Would any of your other allies accept them, do you think?
* Korivan shrugs
<Korivan> We would need to understand.... their bond.
<Laris> It is puzzling, yes. You broke the ... connection, did you not? But yet this creature still seems under some degree of control.
<Korivan> it isn't the same... tie
* Korivan says, still grumpily
<Laris> Is the connection still magical in nature? or is it possible that this child has... befriended it, somehow?
* Laris is not entirely sure that's possible
* Korivan kind of grunts in annoyance
<Laris> Well. An issue for further examination.
<Laris> Meanwhile, what do you make of our new companions?
* Laris eyes the gnome and tieflings
* Korivan follows your glace
<Korivan> Strong. Powerful.
* Korivan says, but with some distaste
<Laris> Yes...
<Laris> Their group - the Green Steel Legion - have been among those attacking the orcs.
<Laris> I'm concerned about their motivations.
<Korivan> Like the ones.... who attacked Ulrath
<Korivan> (urath)
<Korivan> and her people
* Laris nods
* Korivan bares his teeth
<Korivan> I do like like.... their talk of....Empires.
<Korivan> (do NOT!!!)
* Laris nods
<Korivan> When then come.... to your city..... they will find the Orcs there
<Laris> Possible, yes.
<Laris> We should be cautious. I don't want to antagonize them before we know more of their strength and their intentions.
<Laris> But within the city, no violence will be tolerated.
<Korivan> May will.... not like this.
<Laris> Perhaps.
<Korivan> Urath.... warned of them.
<Laris> But if they're in the area, it's best we learn as much about them now as we can. They will come to us sooner or later - this way we can control the terms of the introduction.
* Laris pauses for a moment.
* Korivan grunts agin, hunkering in his saddle
<Laris> You... fought bravely. Soon we will be able to rest.
* Laris is trying to be... encouraging? comforting even?
* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
* Korivan does not seem encouraged or comforted despite your noble attempt, not being convinced in the slightest that rest is in his future
* Korivan just eyes you and will drink another 5-hour energy
<Laris> It was an honour to battle beside you, Gaath Korivan.
<Korivan> You as well, Lugal Laris.
* Laris will leave you to your crankiness, then, and move back to ride near Rufus and consider the number of very bad options here.
* Korivan can be sincere about that/ at least