Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 43

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 43 Next

Summary

Korivan takes Laris, Rufus, Eyllia and Vana along to track down the Booyashag. They encounter a party of armed orcs with a goblin translating. The negotiations for passage break own, and a fight ensues where Korivan is injured, but they press on. Someone from the Amanya Hatal arrives and asks to speak to May, who is not available. Induriel learns of her arrival and intercepts, leaning that this is Yula of the Apacenya, daughter of the elven leader, and she has come to try band make peace because of a disturbing dream of something terrible rising from the south.

Session

Session date: 2019-09-01
In Game date:

Plans are settled to go after the Booyashag


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan has a mystical tether he can follow to the booyahshag.
<Korivan> yes!
<YOAW_Narrator> The Ankai are grateful for the rescue, though their relief is somewhat muted as Ankai Aluth Kryx has perished in the siege.
<Korivan> :|
<Korivan> Faasha, you're up >.>
<Korivan> (wel, that's up to the Ankai, they might want to wait a spell)
* NPC1 is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> We're secure, and I've got our folks tending to our wounded and helping with the rest. Well, Kadanu does, really. My troops aren't exact built for that, but they can stand guard. What's the plan now?
<Korivan> We follow... the thread.
<Laris> Do you have a sense of how far that may be?
<Korivan> Yes.... in the southern mountain caves.
<Laris> Do you think it best to go in force, or send a smaller group to retrieve this ... individual?
<Korivan> (I assume a small but capable forse is more what is called for here?)
<Korivan> (force)
<YOAW_Narrator> (That would make sense.)
<Korivan> Smaller.... but powerful
<Laris> (are we expecting Kraaz and others to show up at some point? like should we wait a day or two for any peeps to catch up, allow the injured to recover a bit, etc?)
<Korivan> Too many....would be a waste
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's going to take Kraaz at least a few days to get here, and Korivan's spell won't last that long)
<Laris> (ok)
<Laris> I offer myself and any from among my forces that you feel would be beneficial. But this is your mission, Gaath Korivan. We will provide what aid we can.
<Korivan> (Also, I asm assumimg that the longer it is active the more likely the goblin will notice and can use it against me/us >.>)
<Laris> (but I kind of assume Eyllia will be willing to volunteer, if she hears about it. She's with Meghan right now?)
* Korivan nods
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes to both)
<Korivan> YOur aid would be...valued. Meghan is.... healing. Eyllia... perhaps. If it comes to physical combat.
<Korivan> (who else around is capable of battlemagic that I know of?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Rufus, Ettelea and Loce...)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Vala maybe?)
<Korivan> (Vana?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, sorry)
<Korivan> (I don't really know the elves, but I know they fought with Kraaz and he was a fan)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, and you've seen them use magic in combat a couple times now)
<Korivan> Two others.... Rufus and Vana, perhaps.... or the Cammilia
<Korivan> If they can be spared @_@
* Laris nods
* Retrieving #gnomeland modes...
<Korivan> taht should...suffice
<Laris> (so you, me, Eyllia if she wants, and Rufus and Vana, or the elves?)
<Korivan> (yeah. Assuming Vana would want to go into a direct fight like that)
<Korivan> This booyashag... is young. Desperate... and alone
<YOAW_Narrator> (Vana's willing to go if Eyllia is going.)
<Korivan> for now @_@
<Korivan> (keen)
<Korivan> They lack experience ut will still be....very dangerous. They have great power at their command.
* Laris nods
<Laris> we should eliminate them quickly, then
<Rufus_Metillius> So, we're riding out presently?
<Korivan> yes.
* Korivan says, to both

The travellers are intercepted along their route=

br><YOAW_Narrator> You can gather folks and head out quickly. The trip should take most of the day.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Can I get folks to roll me Awareness, please?)
<Korivan> (is this magic or regular?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Korivan and Laris, obvs, not folks in the keep. ;))
<Laris> (does my Notice count?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Notice counts. It's not magic.)
<Korivan> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 1 4 ] for a total of [ 5 ].
<Korivan> (:V)
* Korivan is focused on thr thread @_@
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 4 5 6 ] for a total of [ 18 ].
<Laris> (so 15)
<YOAW_Narrator> After a few hours of riding, as you're getting into the real foothills of the mountains proper, Laris, you're fairly certain your party is being followed and watched. You catch a glimpse of movement here and there, a few errant noises that don't sound like wildlife moving. (You've some experience with moving in hostile territory, after all.)
* Rufus_Metillius will meet your gaze and nod, casting his eyes around.
* Laris will signal to the others to try and get their attention without being too obvious about it
* Laris also gives Korivan a slight nudge because he's probably not going to notice a more subtle signal ;)
* Korivan glares at you for a moment before taking the hint
* Laris points in the direction where he believes the sounds are coming from, and draws his bow to be ready in case of an attack
<YOAW_Narrator> After a few more minutes of riding, you'll see several figures standing in plain sight in front of you as you round a rocky outcropping.
<Korivan> (what race, or can we tell?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Five orcs, all armed, are clearly standing in your path. With them is a goblin in a ragged fur.
<Korivan> (is it The goblin?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It is not)
<YOAW_Narrator> (This goblin is older, though you think you recognize some clan tattoos of the Maazikai on them)
* NPC3 (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Korivan glowers at tem, then
<Korivan> Get out of our way, or die.
* NPC3 is now known as Goblin
* Goblin says something to the orcs in Orcish
* NPC2 is now known as Lead_Orc
* Lead_Orc glowers at you along with the rest of his group
* Lead_Orc growls out a sentence in Orcish
<Goblin> Gurum says you must turn around and leave.
<Korivan> (Is this still Ankai territory?)
<Korivan> (Or are we beyond that?)
<Korivan> (or is it kind of nebulous down here)
<YOAW_Narrator> (beyond)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's nebulous, but you're definitely out of allied territory)
<Korivan> If Gurum wishes to live... to defend this territory... Gurum will not interfere further...with our business.
* Goblin relays the message.
* Korivan says, straightening on is mount and preparing to gather some magical energies to reinforce said point

Negotiations break down and a fight ensues


<YOAW_Narrator> (Preparing to do what, exactly?)
<Korivan> (I dunno, they *are
* all nicely clustered, something liek fireball would not go entirely amiss if that's feasible)
<Korivan> (I don't know what the weather is like, or I'd say call lighthning ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (We can say it's at least cloudy. I feel like calling lightning is more in your paradigm than a straight fireball.)
<Korivan> (yeah)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heather, what are your Agility, Athletics, and Awareness?)
<Korivan> (8)
<Korivan> (2, 2, 4)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, having to look up a couple things real quick >.>)
<Korivan> (np)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, can I get y'all to roll Awareness again?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Non-magical)
<Korivan> !roll 1d20+2
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 14 ].
<Korivan> (lol)
<Korivan> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 4 3 ] for a total of [ 7 ].
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 1 3 4 2 ] for a total of [ 10 ].
<Laris> (9 for me)
<YOAW_Narrator> (All right)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Korivan doesn't wear armor, right?)
<Korivan> (correct)
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, the lead orc is going to hurl his spear at Korivan
<YOAW_Narrator> (What's Korivan's Endurance?)
<Korivan> (3 with +1b in ressilience)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, so, we haven't actually used the combat system in full before. You have a little say in how this goes. You have 9 Health (3X Endurance). He just hit you for 8 damage. You're defeated at 0 Health. You can reduce damage from an attack by your Endurance rating by accepting an Injury (-1 to all rolls) or take no damage from the attack by taking a Wound (-1D to all rolls). You can accept a number of injuries equal to
<YOAW_Narrator> Endurance. You can accept Wounds equal to Endurance -1 (If you get as many Wounds as Endurance, you die.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Did that make sense at all?)
<Korivan> (I'll take an injury at this point, which leaves me at 5 damage, for now. I think?  :x)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, that would be correct.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, roll Agility for me folks)
<Korivan> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 2 4 ] for a total of [ 6 ].
<Korivan> (5)
<Laris> !roll 2d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 6 3 ] for a total of [ 9 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, gotta look up Eyllia real quick)
* Vess (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Vess is now known as Eyllia
<Eyllia> !roll 4d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6+6 ] getting [ 2 4 6 6 ] for a total of [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 24 ].
<Eyllia> (24)
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, so, the lead orc threw a spear...let's say into Korivan's leg. It's painful and a little disabling, but he's used to pain.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, what do you do?
<Eyllia> (just catching up...)
<YOAW_Narrator> (S'all good.)
<Eyllia> (are the others with me looking to fight?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Well, Korivan told them to move or die)
<Eyllia> (screw it... I go dancing it blades out looking to cut some orcs)
<Laris> (we just want to get past these guys, really. if that means fighting, yes. if they decide to let us go, we don't have any particular reason to kill them)
<Eyllia> (in)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, quick question: Are y'all mounted or on foot?)
<Laris> (I was assuming mounted)
<Korivan> (I was assuming I was mounted, anyway)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I had been assuming mounted, but I wanted to check. I'm sure y'all could spare mounts for Eyllia and Vana)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Terry?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Mounted, yay/nay?)
<Eyllia> (mounted to keep up or on the back with someone since I hate riding)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heh, all right. So, are you charging in on horseback, or dismounting to attack?)
<Eyllia> (dismount of course)
<YOAW_Narrator> Cool. So, five orcs, basically 4 with spears now and the fifth, the lead one, grabbing a club.
<YOAW_Narrator> What's your plan/action here?
<Eyllia> (close on the lead one, keeping my acrobatic dodge active and cut at him if I have the chance)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, if you're doing Acrobatic Defense, it looks like you can just close for the moment.
<Eyllia> (ok)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Moving as one lesser action, and Ac Def as the other)
<YOAW_Narrator> Vana goes next, and will try to kick up some dirt and dust to blind/hamper them.
<YOAW_Narrator> She sings in Primordial, calling upon the winds. These are unfamiliar to her, and hesitant to answer, but a gust does send grit into the orcs, who do have to squint to turn at least a little.
* Rufus_Metillius extends a hand and makes a strange gesture.
<Rufus_Metillius> Anima abierunt.
<YOAW_Narrator> There is a chill wind and a dimming of the ambient light, and one of the orcs falls to the ground, seemingly dead. Rufus's eyes radiate darkness for the moment.
<YOAW_Narrator> The orcs go next, and will focus on Eyllia. (Eyllia's defense right now is...17? Am I calculating that correctly?)
<Eyllia> (19 i believe)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, cool)
<Eyllia> (12+3 fighting +2*2 acrobatic defense)
<YOAW_Narrator> So, the other orcs will basically assist the lead orc in an attack
<YOAW_Narrator> (All right, that will hit for 5 damage. Did you want to reduce that with an Injury or Wound?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia dodges the spears of the three orcs, but they crowd her into a misstep that allows the leader to land a solid strike on her arm. Luckily, you don't hear a crack, but that hand barely holds onto your sword for a moment and is numb.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris?
<Laris> I'll fire my bow at the leader I guess, if I can get a clear sight on him, or else one of the others.
<YOAW_Narrator> I'll say you can target him.
<YOAW_Narrator> Marksmanship test, please :)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 4 1 3 ] for a total of [ 14 ].
<Laris> 13
<YOAW_Narrator> That will hit.
<Laris> (I have no idea what damage my bow does or if I need to roll it ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> You answer the leader's strike on Eyllia with a shot to his arm. Frost spreads over his arm from the wound and he howls in pain and rage.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You don't need to roll it. It does Agility+2 damage+1 ice damage)
<Laris> (cool)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Per level of success, and you got one level)
<YOAW_Narrator> (No, cold ;))
<Laris> (heh)
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan?
<Korivan> (finaly he chain lightning!)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Whoa whoa whoa, who said anything about *chain
* lightning?)
<Korivan> (oh sorry, getting a little excited there. Hem. Call ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heh)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will for me please?)
<Korivan> (with Invoking or dedication?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Invoking)
<Korivan> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 5 1 2 6 6 1 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<Korivan> (20)
<Korivan> (err, 19)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Great, now I have to figure out how much damage lightning does :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Are you aiming at a specific one, or just calling down lightning in general?)
<Korivan> (I had been targeting Gurum)
<Korivan> (As previously threatened :V)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, the spirits here are hostile in general, you feel, and all too eager to answer the call to violence. A bolt of lightning streaks down into Gurum, who convulses and collapses, twitching.
<Korivan> (are the others still up for violence? ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> Arrows rain down from hidden assailants nearby.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, that's 3 damage apiece for Rufus and Vana, 9 damage for Laris (sorry!) and 6 damage for Korivan (sorry again!))
<YOAW_Narrator> They do not attempt to hit Eyllia for fear of hitting their fellows.
<Korivan> (I'll take another injury I guess :p)
<Laris> (I guess I'll take a Wound, since even bringing me back to my Endurance is only 3)
<Korivan> (That still leaves me at... 8/9 tho, so I basically can't take another hit without takeing wounds, who put me in charge of anything :p)
<Laris> (unless my armor does anything there?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, yes, sorry. What armor do you wear?)
<Laris> (breastplate)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, well, the breastplate stops 5 of that :)
<Laris> (so I would take 4, and I could bring it down to 1 with an Injury?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah)
<Laris> (I will do that, then)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia, it's your go again
<Eyllia> (how many am I fighting still? 4?)
<YOAW_Narrator> 3
<YOAW_Narrator> The leader and one other are down
<YOAW_Narrator> Lightning bolted and whatever Rufus did, respectively
<Eyllia> (Ill just keep acrobatic defense up then and stab one)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okie doke
<Eyllia> !roll 9d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 4 2 3 1 3 5 1 2 5 ] for a total of [ 26 ].
<Eyllia> (so 22)
<Eyllia> (how is there combat defense?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia easily dances under the orc's guard, almost contemptuously slapping aside his spear and sinking her blade into his chest, darting back out into a defensive stance.
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's a 10. You got three success levels, so he's super dead)
<YOAW_Narrator> Vana grunts in pain but raises her voice, calling the wind into a whirlwind shield to ward off further arrow volleys.
* Rufus_Metillius 's eyes flash red through the darkness for a moment, his features sharpening into the vryloka's more vampiric visage. He growls out an incantation.
<Rufus_Metillius> Corpus ortum.
<YOAW_Narrator> The body of the orc who's life he snuffed out shudders and begins to rise.
<YOAW_Narrator> The other orcs, deciding discretion is the better part of valor, take off running.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris?
<Laris> Can I see any of whoever is shooting arrows at us?
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll Awareness
<Laris> (with Notice?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Yeah
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 4 1 5 1 ] for a total of [ 11 ].
<Laris> (10)
<YOAW_Narrator> You can spot a cluster of orcish archers in some foliage to your right, up a small rise.
<Laris> (I'm going to try and call the Kai do Arat to deal with those)
<Laris> (we'll see how this works out...)
<Laris> (it might be overkill, but maybe it will just scare them off)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, roll Will for me
<Laris> (with Dedication? or does that not apply)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not for this, no)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 5 3 5 2 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<Laris> (so 14 I guess)
<Laris> (since I'm injured)
<YOAW_Narrator> You reach out to Ulkash, and you feeling the pull towards...somewhere or something, but you provide the anchor and a group of Kai Do Arat appear around you. They'll take a moment to assess, then dive towards the orcs with chorus of banshee wails.
* Laris tries to hold on and avoid the pull to follow them
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'm going to say you're able to on account of you're exhausted and injured)
<Laris> (ok)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You're more likely to collapse than to rush into combat)
<Laris> (wooh? ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> You can all see the Kai Do Arat going after the orc archers, who flee
* Rufus_Metillius goes to Laris
<Rufus_Metillius> Are you all right?
* Laris won't try to pursue with the Kai do Arat, but will let them go after they chase off the archers
<Laris> I'm all right...
<Laris> how are you?
* Laris looks him over
* Eyllia will clean her blades off
<Korivan> (where's that golblin >.>)
<Korivan> (goblin)
* Rufus_Metillius gives a pained smile, still displaying the vryloka 'game face'. After a moment, he takes a breath and it fades back into his normal features, the darkness dissipating around his eyes.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, sorry, the goblin ran right when Gurum threw his spear)
* Laris smiles a little at that
* Lead_Orc is now known as Vana
<Rufus_Metillius> Everyone else all right?
<Korivan> (butts. IN the direction the thread is pulling, or somewhere else?)
* Korivan glowers and will pull the arrow out of his arm first before dealing with the spear sticking out of his thigh
<YOAW_Narrator> (Somewhere else. You're headed mostly south, and you think you saw him running east)
<Korivan> (fine)
* Eyllia will check on Vana
* Vana took an arrow in the side, but it missed anything vital. It's just painful.
<Vana> I'm all right - ah! - Captain.
<Laris> We need to keep going before they call others, or regroup. If everyone is all right to proceed?
<Korivan> (Can I make some kind of healing check here, how does that all work)
<Korivan> ...Fine.
<Rufus_Metillius> The lead orc...Gurum, was it? He's still alive.
<Rufus_Metillius> For the moment.
* Laris glances to Korivan to see what he wants
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, you can make a Healing check)
<Korivan> Bring him.... learn whatever is...useful.
<Korivan> !roll 3d6-2
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 3d6-2 ] getting [ 3 5 2 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ -2 ] totals [ 8 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> All right, you can bandage things, but it'll take some time for the injury to heal.
* Laris will go over to the fallen orc
<YOAW_Narrator> (Basically, all Health damage goes away, but Injuries and Wounds take at least a day to go away)
<Laris> (I don't know if I can talk to him? the goblin seemed to be doing the translating)
* Goblin is now known as Gurum
<Korivan> (Can I make a spirit translate for us? >.>)
* Gurum is still unconscious, but breathing.
<Korivan> (theoretically, anyway)
<Laris> It's your call.
* Laris tells Korivan
<Laris> Bring him along, then?
* Korivan nods glowering at the half-dead orc, and really everythig else ;p
* Laris will get him loaded onto the back of someone's horse, then, if we can
* Rufus_Metillius will have the dead orc wrangle him onto the back of his horse.
<Laris> (hurrah)
<Laris> (tie his hands too, so he can't attack if he suddenly wakes up)
<Rufus_Metillius> Tibi gratias ago pro tui servitio.
* Rufus_Metillius says to the risen orc, then dismisses his animating spell.
<Rufus_Metillius> I guess we should move along then?
<Laris> Yes
* Vana nods.
<Vana> I'll try to get the wind to warn us next time, but the winds here are...difficult.
<Laris> thank you
<Korivan> Everything.... wants battle
* Vana nods.
<Korivan> (Does anyone else need healing that I can provide?)

A visitor arrives from the Amanya Hatal, and Induriel intercepts her


<YOAW_Narrator> May, you will be informed by a guard that there is a visitor who is insisting they be allowed to speak to you.
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Guard
<May> A visitor? Who?
<Guard> Elf woman. A tribal, Siru. She claims to be from the Amanya Hatal.
* May considers that.
<May> Have her brought to the audience chamber. And inform Lord Sahirru to meet me there.
* Guard salutes and exits.
* Guard is now known as Sahhiru
* May will go down to await her visitor.
* Vana is now known as Elf_Woman
* Sahhiru will meet you in the audience chamber
<Sahhiru> Any idea what this is about?
* Gurum is now known as Valtheriel
* Valtheriel will knock on your door.
* Induriel is meditating, but rouses himself
<Induriel> Enter
* Valtheriel will do so.
<Valtheriel> My lord, I hope I am not interrupting, but there is an opportunity of some urgence.
<YOAW_Narrator> (urgency*)
<Induriel> Of course - what is it?
<Valtheriel> A member of the Amanya Hatal is here to speak with Heri Lalu. The elf woman is waiting while Heri Lalu is informed. We have an opportunity to speak to her in the mean time.
* Induriel stands up from his meditation cushion
<Induriel> Indeed? I hope she will be willing to speak with me, then.
<Induriel> Do we know why she is here?
<Induriel> There are obvious matters, of course; but is there anything specific that you know of?
<Valtheriel> It's unclear. She merely says she must speak with Mamitu.
<Induriel> If Mamitu is not yet able to receive her, then perhaps this envoy will indeed be willing to speak with me.
<Induriel> I will dress at once - Mifflepon! - and let us call upon this envoy.
<YOAW_Narrator> Mifflepon will get you dressed, and Valtheriel can show you to the courtyard where the woman is waiting.

Induriel meets Yula and learns of her cause


<Valtheriel> (w) We're here, my lord.
* Induriel listens to try to determine where the elf lady is...
<YOAW_Narrator> We'll say Valtheriel can get you pointed correctly.
<Induriel> Pardon me - you are an envoy from the esteemed Haran Roimë ?
* Induriel says politely, bowing slightly in the indicated direction
<Elf_Woman> No.
<Induriel> No?
<Elf_Woman> She did not send me. I came of my own accord.
<Induriel> Ah.
<Induriel> I am Induriel, of House Antalanon.
<Elf_Woman> Aethrennari?
<Induriel> Yes. I represent Her Majesty Queen Alcarinel here in Nesu Abamatu.
* Elf_Woman huffs.
<Elf_Woman> I am Yula, of the line of Apacenya.
* Induriel bows
<Induriel> I am pleased to meet you, Yula of the Apacenya.
<Induriel> May we expect that you will be staying in the city for a while?
<Elf_Woman> I don't know.
<Elf_Woman> That will depend on what your leader says.
<Induriel> Ah. I am happy to hear that it is at least a possibility. But from what you say, I take it you may not be here to establish a formal embassy per se?
* Elf_Woman is now known as Yula
<Yula> Embassy?
<Yula> No.
<Induriel> A less formal matter, then? Perhaps something I could help with?
<Yula> Have you soldiers? Command of powerful magic?
<Induriel> Perhaps the latter - I like to think I am something of a scholar.
<Induriel> I also have known Heri Mamitu for a long time.
<Yula> Who are you to her?
<Induriel> I am her former tutor.
<Yula> What does she want?
<Induriel> I'm afraid I cannot answer without more context. Do you mean from you? From your people as a whole? And for what - are you here to petition her for something specific?
* Eyllia (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 189 seconds)
<Yula> What does she want here? Conquest? Safety? Wealth?
<Induriel> She aspires to be a good ruler of her people, which certainly means the last of those two.
<Induriel> As far as I know, though, she has not attempted to encroach on your people's lands - have there been problems I do not know of?
<Yula> No, but the Imperials' reputation is well known.
<Induriel> You are concerned for the future, then.
<Induriel> But you do not come on behalf of Haran Roimë?
<Yula> I am, and I do, but not at her behest. My mother can be...short-sighted.
* Induriel stands straighter at this revelation
<Induriel> Your mother? Forgive me, I did not realize.
<Yula> It is not an offense. You do not know me.
<Induriel> Thank you.
<Induriel> In any case, should I take it that your purpose here is to find out what Heri Mamitu wants in order to negotiate some sort of formal peace?
<Yula> Hmm? Oh, I cannot negotiate such.
<Yula> But I am here on a matter which concerns us all.
* Induriel frowns
<Yula> I believe there is a great evil rising to the south, and it rides north.
* Induriel nods
<Yula> Separately, we will fall. Together, we might stand.
<Induriel> Indeed. Your very presence here is a testament to the sincerity of that belief.
<Induriel> Do you know much about the specific threat, though? What is it we face?
<Yula> Not yet, but I want to ride south to see for myself.
<Induriel> What then has alerted you to this danger?
<Yula> A dream. I get glimpses of the future from time to time.
<Yula> My mother believes that's all this is, but I know what I saw.


* Induriel nods
<Induriel> I believe you.
<Induriel> I am sure that Heri Mamitu will listen carefully to what you have to say.
<Induriel> What did you see?
<Yula> A dead beast rising from its grave with hungry eyes, falling upon this land to consume it.
<Induriel> A beast? Could you describe it?
<Yula> A beast of many limbs and many maws, gluttonous and starving at once.
<Yula> Mortals are meant to know the entirety of the future, alas.
<Induriel> (Does this mean anything in particular to me? :/ )
<Yula> I know only as much as the lord of Arvandor allows.
<YOAW_Narrator> (It does not, no)
<Induriel> Of course.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Why don't we say that's when the guard returns to bring Yula in?)

Solos