Seraph tells Tally that she is pregnant, 2/7/2003
- Seraph will apologize to Tara for showing up unnannounced
- Seraph realizes it isn't really the 'done' thing in this household, but....
<Tara_> Oh, I don't mind!
<Seraph> <==excited :D
- Tara_ says cheerfully.
<Seraph> Well, no...
<Tara_> <w> We could use a few more visitors, really...
<Seraph> But, I don't want to bother The baron, either...
<Tara_> Well, are you here to see *him*?
<Tara_> I think probably not.
<Seraph> No, of course not :D
<Seraph> I'm here to see tally :D
<Seraph> is he around?
<Tara_> He's in his study, as usual. I don't plan on calling him away from his work to say hello to you, so you needn't worry about being a bother!
- Tara_ smiles warmly at Seraph.
<Seraph> oh, that's a relief, thanks :)
- Tally comes in from the right, practically bouncing with joy. He heard Seraph!
<Seraph> Tally! :D
<Tally> What are doing here?
- Seraph hops over and gives him a warm embrace
- Tally hugs her tightly back and gives her a kiss on the cheek while he's at it.
- Tally is super happy to see her! what a nice surprise! :^D
- Tara_ smiles to herself and then bustles off down the left towards the kitchen.
<Seraph> I have some really good news!
<Tally> You do?
<Seraph> But, is there anywhere we can talk in private?
<Tally> Uh- sure.
<Tally> But she has eyes here, too you know.
- Tally grins.
<Seraph> I don't really care about her either :0
<Tally> All right...
- Tally pauses to remember if his room is a pigsty or not.
- Tally thinks it wasn't.
- Seraph is fairly bursting with excitement
<Seraph> Wherever :)
- Seraph will follow him
- Tally tugs on her hand and leads her towards the stairs, which are just opposite the front entry.
- Seraph looks around the house, always curious about the sorts of things the Gwydaines leave lying around ;)
- Tally pulls her into his room. It's a male room - kind of dark green and stuff. He has a nice big bed. In the window seat there is a flattened cushion with a coating of fox fur. ^-^
- Seraph looks around
<Seraph> who have thunk I've never been in here before?
- Seraph goes and curls up on the bed
- Tally has a bookshelf and a desk and an armchair, and a fireplace.
- Tally bounces onto the bed and rolls onto his side, propping himself up on his elbow so he can feast his eyes upon his beautiful Seraph.
<Seraph> me 's eyes are sparkling
<Tally> What's the news?
- Tally asks, curious and excited.
<Seraph> I'm pregnant :D
- Tally 's eyes widen.
<Tally> Wh- what?
<Seraph> I'm going to have a baby :D
<Seraph> your baby
- Seraph pokes him in the chest
- Tally 's face folds itself into the most brilliant smile you've ever seen on him.
<Tally> <w> Really?
<Seraph> yes :D
- Tally looks overcome with emotion, eyes shining.
<Seraph> The only other person I told is dad...
<Seraph> Because I knew you'd be so happy :)
<Seraph> I though so, last month... but I wasn't sure, so I wanted to wait..
<Seraph> and now I'm really sure :)
- Tally is still not quite sure how to react, but eventually comes to his senses and sits up, pulling her up into a huge hug.
<Tally> <softly> Oh, Seraph!
- Tally squeezes her gently.
- Seraph hugs Tally back
<Tally> For once... I can't think of anything clever to say...
<Seraph> oh, you!
- Seraph pokes him in the chest
- Tally strokes her hair and holds her close.
<Seraph> 'for once'
- Seraph teases
<Seraph> I'm sure I've had you speechless more than once before this >:D
- Tally pulls away and regards her, biting his lip. He actually looks like he might cry for joy.
- Tally searches her eyes, trying to communicate how wonderful this is.
<Seraph> (Hee, this si such an a-typical reaction to a teenage pregnancy ;D )
- Seraph cuddles up closer
<Tally> (Tally nearly was a dad once, remember? He loves children. :^) )
<Seraph> (yes. And he isn't exactly a teenager :d)
- Tally folds her into a careful, reverent embrace, cradling her head against himself.
<Seraph> I'm not going to break in half, you know...
<Tally> I didn't think you were... it's just...
- Seraph reaches up to play with tally's hair
<Tally> I don't know.
<Seraph> well, I was hoping we could maybe celebrate the good news some, hmmm?
<Seraph> Since I did come all the way out here
- Tally turns his head to kiss her and smiles.
<Seraph> We can be quiet :D
<Tally> <w> We'd better be; father's study is right next door.
- Seraph smiles impishly
- Tally strokes her cheek gently and grins.
- Tally gives her all he's got. But we ain't roleplaying that. ^-^
<Seraph> (no ;)
- Tally cuddles Seraph close, arm draped over her waist protectively, as he usually does. ^-^
- Seraph sighs happily
<Tally> When are you due?
<Tally> I'll have to start knitting booties.
- Seraph thinks for a moment, then snorts at Tally's comment
<Seraph> Early October, I think.
<Tally> October? Really?
<Tally> (same month as his birthday! :^D)
<Seraph> I think, why?
<Tally> It will be the best early birthday present in the history of the universe.
<Seraph> oh, right!
- Tally smiles and brushes a lock of her hair behind her ear affectionately.
<Tally> I'm glad... glad you're not angry...
<Seraph> Why would I be angry?
<Tally> Some girls wouldn't be as happy as you seem to be...
<Seraph> well, they are silly.
<Seraph> or... they just don't know how to live :)
<Tally> Where do you want to live? Father kind of likes you; we could stay here but it's so quiet. I think you need a place full of people.
<Seraph> to live?
- Tally nods.
<Seraph> I was thinking of going home for a while...
<Seraph> I should see my mother.
<Seraph> are you going to come with me?
- Seraph looks up at him
<Tally> Could I?
- Tally asks, excited by the prospect.
- Tally loves travelling.
<Seraph> of course, silly :)
- Tally beams.
<Seraph> I'll probably wait until it is closer to the time
- Tally nods.
<Tally> What is your mother like?
<Tally> I hope she won't kill me.
<Seraph> She's the kind of woman Windrider would fall in love with ;)
- Tally grins.
<Seraph> She's a dancer too
<Seraph> Her names Is Farashad
<Tally> Good letter of recommendation, that...
<Seraph> I think so :)
<Tally> I'll have to get Windrider to advise me on suitable fashions.
- Tally says in his mock-effeminate tone.
<Seraph> I've been told I'm a lot like her... we look a lot alike too
<Seraph> oh, I'm sure you'll look lovely in a dress ;D
<Tally> If I get her confused with you, am I in for it?
- Tally grins mischievously.
<Seraph> oh, no...
<Seraph> She's not fae... not any more...
<Tally> Oh. Oh!
<Tally> So... we'll have to watch what we say?
<Seraph> oh, no, that's okay
<Seraph> It isn't liek we have to worry about the stupid church
- Tally nods.
<Seraph> She knows, anyway.
<Seraph> We don't have secrets
- Tally looks impressed.
<Tally> Do you know of any good midwives?
<Seraph> Oh, mom will..
<Seraph> She knows all those people
- Tally nods, looking thoughtful and perhaps a bit wistful.
<Seraph> And if she doesn't, Meyarne will
<Tally> Who is Meyarne?
- Tally asks curiously.
- Seraph sighs wistfully
<Seraph> Oh, you'll love her... i hope :o
<Seraph> She's like a sister to me... sort of
- Seraph blushes a bit
<Seraph> Maybe not a sister
- Tally raises an eyebrow.
<Seraph> we're also a lot alike
<Tally> Is she one of us?
<Seraph> She's kinaine
- Tally nods.
<Seraph> She's the daughter of the guy who introduced my mom and Windrider :)
<Seraph> She was almost my sister, though, by marriage
<Seraph> that would have been complicated :o
<Tally> Who was to get married to whom?
<Seraph> my mom and her dad
<Seraph> but they decided to keep things informal, afterall
- Tally smiles. He wants to know a bit about the people there before he plunges into it headfirst.
- Tally nods.
<Seraph> I think he went off on another wanderlust too
<Seraph> Not that we were ever particualrly stationary ourselves
- Seraph sighs happily again
<Tally> Is there anyone who isn't or wasn't an Eshu down there? :^o
- Seraph giggles
<Seraph> well, we're going someplace very special ;)
<Tally> You're not setting me up to be paraded about in a sideshow as a freak of nature, I hope!
- Tally looks "horrified."
<Seraph> there aren't a lot of other kiths where we are going, no, but there are in the other cities, so don't worry :)
<Tally> All right.
<Tally> Will you shave my fur for me down there? I don't want to die of heat stress.
- Tally grins.
- Tally is teasing.
<Seraph> sure, why not :D
- Tally laughs lightly and cuddles closer to Seraph for a moment, giving her a quick hug.
<Seraph> could be fun
<Seraph> I'll need about 50 razorblades, though ;)
- Tally reaches over to his bedside table and pulls out the dagger she gave him for Yule (but doesn't bring it close to her).
<Tally> You don't think this'll do?
- Tally grins and sets it back where it belongs.
<Tally> Mother used to get me to do all the diaper changing and bathing of my younger sibs for her, so I'm an old hand at that sort of thing.
- Seraph grins
<Seraph> Well, we'll see
<Tally> You're expected to do so much, as the eldest. But changing Aidan's diaper when I was still a babe in arms myself was a blessing.
<Tally> I developed my fine motor skills much faster than him.
- Seraph chuckles
<Seraph> all that child labour is probably where you get your stamina then, is it? :)
- Tally grins. He is good with his hands... ^-^
<Tally> Yes, indeed.
<Tally> So... when do you want to make this generally known?
<Tally> I hear lots of ladies like to keep everything under wraps until three months is up.
<Tally> I can *try* to be quiet about it, but I'm not promising anything.
<Tally> I have this urge to go crowing on the rooftops of Aberystwyth. ^-^
<Seraph> oh, go and crow
<Seraph> I just wanted to tell *you* first. Well, second, I guess...
- Tally smiles shyly.
<Seraph> but I don't think I'll be able to keep it to myself either :D
- Tally moves in close to kiss Seraph.
- Seraph relaxes hapily in his arms
- Tally is so very happy!
- Tally lies quietly with her cradled close, just relishing the moment.
<Seraph> I'm lucky I'm a dancer too...
- Tally has not been this happy in such a long time...
<Tally> Mmm? What?
<Seraph> the litle thing will probably just pop right out :D
<Tally> Oh... muscles.
- Tally grins and pokes Seraph gently in the belly.
<Seraph> MOm said she was in labour for all of about twenty minutes :0
<Tally> I'll lend you mine, too, if it will help.
<Seraph> Oh, I don't know, I think I have enough of my own
<Tally> Then maybe we can get it down to 2 minutes! :^D
<Seraph> I like your muscles right where they are :)
- Tally looks at Seraph seriously and wistfully, a thought just having struck him.
- Seraph runs her fingers lightly along Tally's arm, and then turns around
<Seraph> what is it?
<Tally> Seraph... would I be allowed to be with you, when the baby comes? Or are men not allowed to be there among your people?
- Tally seems genuinely concerned that he won't be allowed! :^o
<Seraph> My people are Eshu, silly, they're pretty open minded
- Tally blushes.
<Seraph> NO one is going to say no, but YOu'll probably hear enough horror stories when we get there that you may change your mind ;D
<Tally> I don't think so. A flight of dragons couldn't keep me from your side.
- Tally says with bravado. ;^D
<Seraph> Yeah? I know a guy... a Satyr, mind, who swears that's how he lost his hand ;)
<Tally> You only have teeth where they're *supposed* to be. I know *that* for sure.
- Tally grins.
<Tally> The Nunnehi have a number of bizarre stories along those lines...
- Tally shudders at the thought.
<Tally> Yuck! yuckyuckyuck!
- Tally cuddles close to Seraph for comfort. ^-^
<Tally> Oops... I said the magic s-word, huh?
<Tally> Do you really want to hear this...?
<Seraph> yes! :)
- Tally places his hands on Seraph's belly.
<Seraph> I'm not as fragile as other people naked in this bed, ;)
<Tally> But Junior can't hear.
<Seraph> Oh, junior's got to learn sometime :)
- Tally relates one of a number of interesting vagina dentata stories that Ceiridwen has read in collections of Native American tales.
- Tally changes his voice for the different characters' speech and stuff. ^-^
<Tally> (That's how Debbie used to read their bedtime stories... awww)
- Tally prolly isn't as good as most Eshus at telling stories, but he does have a few dots in Performance. :^D
- Seraph listens raptly
<Seraph> Oh, I'm going to have to pass these little gems along :D
- Tally modulates his voice expressively for the different parts of the story. :^D
<Tally> How about I be your Sheherazhad?
<Tally> A story a night once we're together more or less permanently...
<Tally> I'll have to do some research between now and moving home with you.
<Tally> 1001 Eshuian nights.
<Seraph> I do like stories, mmm
<Tally> Well, then I'll devote my life to learning new ones to tell you!
- Tally smiles happily.
<Tally> You can chop off my head if I fail you.
- Tally teases.
<Seraph> ahh, I couldm but then who would I have to change all those diapers?
- Tally grins and nuzzles his face into Seraph's hair, breathing in its perfume.
- Tally sighs happily, stroking her arm idly with one hand.
- Tally is going to doze off if she is silent.
<Tally> (I wish Hazel were home; it would be fun to go tell Janus the news)
<Seraph> (probably that's about that then)
<Tally> (But he'll probably do that when Seraph isn't there, in case Janus reacts badly)
<Debbie> Janus will have months' notice of his departure this time, at least.