Kolya tells Michael about his vision, 10/4/2005
<Kolya> (alright then. Di and whoever have been off working on their scrying crap, I will have been helping when possibel trying not to get in the way the rest of the time. But one of the times when I am not ther.... whoever you want, really, will get a message from one of the staff that I was out in the gardens, and collapsed, as though in a trance, and have been out of it for a while)\
<Longpig> (Who would be best for me to be? :/ Help me out here, I'm sick)
<Longpig> (I don't wanna be more than one person, either)
<Kolya> (Who would be the most likely to care? It'll probably end up going to one of the top gwydaines though)
<Longpig> (But whatever happens you're well taken care of and someone is to fetch [person I am playing] when you wake up :V)
- Hayley has made Kolya as comfortable as she can until more help arrives.
- Hayley has covered him with a coat to keep him warm in the cold weather and is, at the moment, checking his vital signs.
- Hayley sent a page not long ago to get one of Kolya's bosses, and a healer.
- Kolya is awake but kind of out of it.
- Kolya 's pulse was really really slow while he was out, but is starting to recover now
- Hayley keeps her courage up and is asking you simple, distracting questions, like, what's your name, what day is it.
oh, god, my head...
- Kolya cradles his head in his hands, but more or les manages to
- Michael_ sweeps into the room, dark and foreboding. He is wearing a long black cape trimmed with sable, over a long, deep red robe with slit sleeves.
- Hayley glances up and nods courteously at Michael, and hopes he understands why she isn't leaving her patient to jump up and curtsey.
<Hayley> Your Majesty.
- Kolya sits up a little
<Hayley> He's coming to... he was out for about five minutes.
- Michael_ looks like all that is terrible and awe-inspiring in the Sidhe; the lines of his face seem more hard and commanding than ever, and the gaze of his black eyes is enough to make even the staunchest of men cringe.
- Kolya 's forehead seems to be seeping blood... but there is no wound.
<Michael_> Can you stand?
- Hayley mops at it gently with a clean handkerchief.
- Kolya pulls himself to his feet, partly by leaning against the wall
<Michael_> Good, this is no place to hold counsel.
- Hayley helps you up, not wanting you to fall again.
<Michael_> Come with me.
- Hayley regards Kolya with concern... is he wobbly or steady on his feet?
- Kolya nods, and will follow, with Hayley's help
- Michael_ is without staff accompaniment, unusually enough.
- Hayley helps Kolya as best she can - though she is strong, she is very short compared to him.
- Michael_ will lead you to the room he most commonly uses as an office.
<Kolya> (wobbly.... but not for physcical reasons. more disoriented than weak)
<Michael_> Sit down.
<Kolya> (it's mostly a matter of making sure I don't trip over myself or walk into something/one)
- Kolya sits
- Hayley regards the king questioningly... should she stay or leave?
- Michael_ says as you arrive.
- Kolya is like a well trained dog -_-
<Michael_> (He does not seem concerned with your presence and is in fact not paying you much attention at all)
<Michael_> Tell me what you have seen.
- Hayley decides to stay, then.
- Kolya closes his eyes, and then wipes at his forehead again.
- Michael_ stands behind the heavy desk in the centre of the room. Backlit by a large window, his winged silhouette seems particularly imposing.
- Hayley is of course hoping to learn something more about Rachel, though it could have been anything that knocked you out this time.
- Kolya asks confirmations that the King wants to know all the horrible details
- Michael_ 's black eyes seem to bore into you.
- Kolya glances at Hayley
<Kolya> I was seeing through her again.
- Hayley waits, torn between wanting to know anything about Rachel or not.
<Kolya> (a quick uncertain look at hayley, I shoud say, as though I'm not sure *you* want to hear everything...)
- Kolya can't help but fix his full attention on Michael, though.
<Kolya> She was young, just a child. Playing cops and robber with her brothers.
<Kolya> Hiding in the hedge maze.
<Kolya> Tally found her first. Then they changed games. Playing.... veterinarian.
- Hayley is focused on what Kolya has to say.
- Kolya sounds like is he repeating by rote... he can't not obey, but on the other hand, it's really disturbing
<Kolya> Aidan was there, but just to watch. Tally started tickling her....
<Kolya> And then...
<Kolya> It changed to rape, again.
<Kolya> Only then, she was back in the room, with Tally, and Aidan watching.
<Kolya> And she's so confused, she can't tell what is real anymore. She thinks it has always been like this.
- Hayley 's face pales and her eyes change, reflecting the pain she feels about what is happening to Rachel.
<Michael_> Is that everything?
<Kolya> I left her. To see if I could learn more.
- Hayley 's knuckles are white, gripping the back of Kolya's chair.
<Kolya> Everything there was overwhelmingly glamourous... I don't know if any of it was 'real', except for Rachel, or if it was *all* just glamour.
<Kolya> Even the...doubles.
<Kolya> The room is just grey stone, no windows or doors. Small.
- Kolya gives approximate dimensions.
<Kolya> When they left, something shifted in one of the walls to let them pass, and then everythign was plunged into complete darkness.
<Kolya> I tried to reach her, but she couldn't hear me...
<Kolya> I couldn't leave the room.
<Kolya> After a while.... It seemed like a long time, and she got off the bed, and lie on the floor in a pile of sheets.
<Kolya> I wanted to see if I could touch her, if she could realize I was there, but I never had a chance.
- Michael_ 's face seems carved of stone, but for a small muscle twitch in his jaw.
<Kolya> I mean... to see if she was wearing the ring
<Kolya> but it was too dark
<Kolya> And then, He shut me out.
<Michael_> Do you think he only realized you were there just then?
<Kolya> I don't know.
<Kolya> Either that, or he didn't want me to touch her.
<Kolya> It seemed like... a long time, that I was there.
<Kolya> Maybe he didn't notice until then.
- Kolya still sounds a little distant
- Hayley turns her attention back away from the Sidhe, where it had been inevitably drawn, and looks at Kolya, concerned about him.
- Hayley gives one of Kolya's shoulders a gentle, sympathetic and grateful squeeze.
<Michael_> Do you have any other impressions?
- Hayley 's attention is still pretty much transfixed by the kingly sidhe, though.
<Kolya> I don't think he was there at all.... he is just directing this.
<Kolya> I can't think right now.
<Michael_> I see.
<Michael_> Return to your room and rest. We will speak of this again when Janus and the Queen are at liberty to join us.
<Kolya> Yes, your majesty.
<Michael_> As always, your contributions are highly valued.
<Kolya> Thank you, Your Majesty.
<Michael_> That will be all, then.
- Michael_ seems to loom over the desk.
- Kolya will stands, more or less manage a bow, and turn to go
- Hayley can't help but shrink away a bit. She executes a curtsey and is prepared to help Kolya out if he needs it.
<Michael_> Hayley, assist him.
<Hayley> Yes, Your Majesty.
- Kolya hesitates
<Kolya> Your Majesty, there is one other thing.
- Hayley stops when Kolya does.
<Michael_> What is it?
- Michael_ frowns darkly.
<Kolya> About the vision that I had, on my quest...
<Kolya> The child, with the dark wings.
<Michael_> I recall it.
<Michael_> Go on.
<Kolya> ...It might be hers.
<Michael_> I see.
<Michael_> (The room seems to darken a shade..)
- Kolya shrinks against Hayley
- Hayley looks away, grieving over this possible new development but not letting Kolya fall.
- Hayley can't look away long, though. ;_;
<Michael_> Are you quite sure you have told me everything now?
All that I know, Your majesty
<Michael_> Very well.
<Michael_> You may go now.
- Kolya nods, and bows a again, with a *little*, more dignity
- Hayley curtseys and assists Kolya out.
<Hayley> (Well, a half curtsey, since she doesn't leave off supporting him)
- Kolya will leave the room, then, with H's help.
- Hayley just helps you quietly for a while until she's recovered from being in the presence of a very angry sidhe.
- Kolya stops once we're out of the room
<Hayley> They're not always like that, are they? When you have something to tell them? It's just because he's so angry already...
Oh god, Hayley, it's *true*
<Hayley> What is?
- Hayley asks hesitantly.
- Hayley had assumed it was all true.
<Kolya> The child...
- Hayley nods.
<Kolya> Its all so horrible. how can someone be so horrible?
<Kolya> You can't... you can't imagine how she feels
<Hayley> <w> No, I can't...
- Kolya slumps down in the hallway
<Hayley> Poor Kolya, you feel it too, don't you?
- Hayley squats down next to you.
<Kolya> so hurt, so confused...
<Hayley> I never realized...
- Hayley 's eyes fill up with tears, and she brushes some hair gently off your forehead, in a motherly fashion.
<Kolya> it's never just seeing
- Hayley enfolds you in a hug.
<Hayley> You're very wonderful, to go through that, for my little girl. But we probably should move elsewhere, Kolya...
<Kolya> So much pain..
<Hayley> (If you're going to keep talking about Rachel not being dead, is what she leaves unsaid.)
<Hayley> I know. I know, Kolya. Can you stand up? Let's get you to your room. We can talk about it more there.
- Hayley 's eyes are brimming but she doesn't break down. She urges you to get to your feet.
- Kolya looks over at you, and focuses after a minute, , and then nods, and pushes himself back up to standing against the wall
- Hayley smiles encouragingly.
<Hayley> It's all right. I don't mind.
<Hayley> But we have to be careful.
<Kolya> I'm not really with it
<Hayley> I kind of figured, you're about as coordinated as a drunken moose.
- Hayley 's voice cracks with strain as she tries to joke.
- Kolya will be led back to his room, and way
- Hayley frees up one hand to dash at her eyes, and pulls herself together before helping you back to your room.
- Hayley settles you down on your bed and pulls the covers up over you.
<Hayley> How are you feeling now, Kolya?
<Kolya> ...like an icepick in my brain...
<Kolya> and out the other side
<Hayley> Do you have any painkillers for times like this?
- Kolya shakes his head
<Kolya> I just feel sick. I can't sort thing
- Hayley nods.
<Hayley> It's okay. You don't have to.
- Hayley strokes your hair away from your forehead.
<Kolya> it would help
<Kolya> Thanks, Hayley
<Hayley> No... thank *you,* Kolya.
<Hayley> You're our strongest connection to Rachel, right now...
<Kolya> maybe not now.
<Kolya> maybe he'll stop me
<Hayley> I suppose it's always possible...
<Hayley> But don't count it as a sure thing until we know it's true.
<Kolya> I don't know what he did
<Kolya> or how he knew I was there
<Hayley> It's all right, Kolya.
<Hayley> Even if you are cut off, Her Majesty still can scry that ring, and His Majesty and Janus are going to make progress with their work, too. I just know it.
- Hayley smiles bravely.
<Kolya> I hope so.
<Hayley> Well, we'll get her back somehow. I am sure of that.
<Kolya> I just wish I understood
<Kolya> wish it didn't *hurt* so much
<Kolya> Poor Rachel
<Kolya> How will she even know what to think?
<Hayley> I don't know, Kolya... :/
<Hayley> But there are a lot of people who care for her and that's got to count for something.
<Hayley> Especially when you consider who those people are.
<Kolya> I wish she could hear me
<Kolya> I can't reach her, in the dark
<Hayley> We'll have her back, in the light, soon I hope.
<Hayley> Whoever did this has fucked with the wrong family. >:(
- Hayley sounds quite murderous there.
<Hayley> You saw His Majesty. I, for one, am glad that anger is not directed at me.
<Hayley> And I could almost feel sorry for the person it is directed at.
<Kolya> its hard to tell though, isn't it? When he looks at you...
<Kolya> you can't say no.
<Hayley> No... you can't. :P
<Kolya> all that hate... it leaks out around the edges, and blots out the sun
- Kolya sounds just really really drained
<Hayley> Kolya, you should try to sleep.
- Hayley says gently.
<Hayley> I think it would do you some good.
<Kolya> I'll try
- Hayley slips her small hand into one of yours and gives it a comforting and grateful squeeze. She then leans over to kiss you gently on the forehead.
<Hayley> Thanks again, Kolya.
<Hayley> (On the part that is not oozing blood)
<Hayley> (So, more on the temple)
<Kolya> (It has probably dried up by this point.)
<Hayley> (Well, it's probably still sore!)
<Hayley> (It wouldn't be nice of me to kiss you right where it hurts)
<Kolya> (fair enough)
<Kolya> (the last little bit of blood has dried into a tear shape, that looks almost like a shining gem)
- Kolya half smiles a little
- Hayley smiles back, her eyes a little misty. She looks exceptionally beautiful. Then she gets up and quietly closes the door behind her as she leaves.