Diablotin 3 session 47

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 47 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: January 29, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. I figure things will be fairly low key today. I was planning to pick up 2-3 days after the nursing home break-in.

<DiablotinNarrator> If folks had a chance to read the email I sent, that should summarize what you were able to figure out so far from the stuff you took.

<Hettienne> so we didn't find anything on alec durant?

<DiablotinNarrator> no, there was nothing on him in any of the materials you took.

<DiablotinNarrator> but that would probably make sense - as far as you are aware, anyway, he was never at this facility

<Hugonel> who has all the creepy items atm?

<Hugonel> (not sure who picked up what)

<DiablotinNarrator> that's up to you guys I guess. I know you and Zola were carrying a lot of them, but it's entirely possible people divided them up in the car, or decided to stash them all in one place, or whatever.

<Genevriel> Hey Julia, a question, You had put a lot of the fancy mad scientist terms in quotes, as if our PCs might not understand what they mean. But with Gen's INT and K:N and Healing and stuff, I'm just gonna go with the idea that she can figure out any of them that I can figure out on my own.

<Genevriel> I assume that's all right?

<DiablotinNarrator> I didn't mean it as that you might not understand them, just as in those are direct quotes from the materials.

<Genevriel> ok, thanks

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean, you might not understand some of them, but obviously things like "limb enhancements" isn't exactly hard to figure what that probably means at least in general terms.

<Genevriel> 'symbiote' is easy to get, too, but 'chrestomath' would need me to look up its possible root words in real life.

<Genevriel> Steve probably gets it without even thinking about it, though.  ;)

<Hugonel> a 'chrestomathy' is a book of quotations in a foreign language

<Genevriel> See?  ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> well clearly those are instructions to look things up in the dictionary then

<DiablotinNarrator> So, would you like to assume all loot was gathered together and taken to .. Silvia's with the patients? Loick's by Hugo for analysis/wtfery?

<Denise> I dn't think Denise has a strong opinion - she and Argent were kind of busy

<DiablotinNarrator> *nod*

<DiablotinNarrator> does anyone else have an opinion on the matter or should I just decide for you?

<Aubrienne> Couldn't we do the analysis?

<Denise> I don't see why not

<DiablotinNarrator> yes but it's just a question of where you are keeping them

<DiablotinNarrator> that's all I want to know

<Aubrienne> I mean, Loick is fine, but we're still trying to be under the radar here, right?

<Denise> maybe just leave them with Sylvia then

<Hettienne> I vote sylvia

<Aubrienne> I would think it's better to hold onto them for the moment, yeah.

<DiablotinNarrator> it was my understanding that Hugo wanted to talk to Loick anyway but maybe he is waiting for a bit to see how things play out, idk. up to Steve in that case.

<Hugonel> I would want to take it to Loick - not sure if others agree with that though.

<DiablotinNarrator> it sounds like they do not

<Hugonel> but Silvia's cool with me too

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Denise> Silvia is just all around cool :V

<DiablotinNarrator> are you asking her to look into them or just being like "Here is a bag of things, we'll come back for them"

<Aubrienne> I figured we could stay and look into them, if that's all right with here.

<DiablotinNarrator> yes she would be okay with that

<Aubrienne> Aubrienne at least probably wouldn't want to leave the patients alone for a while.

<Denise> maybe you guys can do that while Argent and i are ding our scouting

<DiablotinNarrator> I imagine Silvia is going to call over Janelle too to help with the patients, unless anyone has a strong objection to that.

<Hettienne> haha I read that as "scooting"

<Denise> heee

<Aubrienne> Just scootin'

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent is the scooty puff jr

<Hettienne> hee

<DiablotinNarrator> since Denise was flying on him

<Denise> heeeeee

<Denise> also, is Ian coming?

<DiablotinNarrator> which I suppose technically would make Hugo the scooty puff sr.

<Denise> Lathra is probably the one who would have the strongest opinion on the matter fo care

<Genevriel> My two cents: I trust S ilvia. I do not trust Loick because he is part of the government that is seemingly allowing these disgusting experiments to be carried out on people. <Aubrienne> Hee, scooty puff senior

  • Genevriel has healin' skillz and can help with the patients, too. In between reading the records to learn the depths of the depravities being visited on former soldiers (and others?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. You do all also need to rest and go to your regular jobs and such, so you can't spent every minute of the day at Silvia's, but I'll assume you can all check in from time to time.

<Hettienne> Ian's coming he's just feeding kids

<Denise> okay

<Genevriel> (Does the 40-something woman regain enough consciousness to tell us her name?)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll let you know.

<Genevriel> (also the younger man whom we don't know)

<DiablotinNarrator> I was waiting for Lathra, but one option is that Leiris can case Blood Biography on the unconscious subjects. This would require one drop of blood from them (so fairly non-invasive) and would tell you their name, who they are (e.g. race, profession, role) and other irrelevant things.

<Genevriel> (hehe)

<Genevriel> (we can wait for Lathra; I'm just trying to sort out what Gen would need/want to find out from all this stuff we rescued from there.)

<DiablotinNarrator> well I assure you I will tell you if/when they regain consciousness. That will not have happened in the following 2-3 days.

<Genevriel> (One very important thing: is there any indication among the papers that Claar's work *is* government-supported or subsidized?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Nothing obviously so - like no "deposited government grant money in my evil account" or anything like that.

<Aubrienne> shucks

<DiablotinNarrator> there are some names of people who have acted as consultants or who have visited the place etc. Some of those may be military, church, or government affiliated.

<DiablotinNarrator> but nothing as obvious as, say, the Emperor visiting

<Denise> we could potentially try using the bandages on one of the people recovered, once we have them identified?

<Denise> though I'd defer to the healers to assess whether or not they might help

<DiablotinNarrator> I think the healers' opinion would generally be that these people have been heavily sedated and it will take some time for their systems to recover enough for them to regain consciousness.

<Denise> cool

<DiablotinNarrator> One more question - are you (mostly specifically for Hugo and Lathra I guess) going to tell Dasra?

<Hettienne> Ian says yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hugonel> I can't imagine why we wouldn't

<DiablotinNarrator> then I'll assume she will be over at Silvia's a lot as well

<Hettienne> he says sure

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> writing up what you'll learn from that, then

<DiablotinNarrator> The young man's name is Casimer Guernot, he's human, and a soldier. The woman's name is Safaya Visman, human, farmer. Her name is Psyrene, fwiw.

<Denise> woah that's not cool

<Genevriel> (How good is her Aveyronnais? If it's rough I'd be happy to speak with her in Psyrene.)

<Denise> (She's still unconscious)

<DiablotinNarrator> they're not awake

<Genevriel> (Oh, heh, well, I'll keep it in my back pocket for when she is awake, then. Sorry!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (the answers to the other questions, namely "how was your blood shed" and "when was your blood shed" are, respectively, "you poked me with a needle you jerk" and "1 minute ago" ;p)

Lathra, Hugo, and Aubrienne interview Raimond

<DiablotinNarrator> After a couple of days of sifting through documents, analyzing chemicals and magic items, and tending to patients, Silvia alerts you all that Raimond is starting to regain consciousness. She doesn't advise over-stressing him yet but he should be able to answer questions tomorrow.

  • Genevriel will leave that to the people who were closest to him.

<DiablotinNarrator> who wants to be there?

  • Denise will decline unless anyone particulrly thinks she should be?
  • Hugonel will be there
  • Aubrienne would like to be there, but doesn't want to crowd him.

<DiablotinNarrator> if you want you can be there but wait nearby?

<DiablotinNarrator> like stand in the hall outside his room or whatever :)

<DiablotinNarrator> so you can still hear what goes on, and interject if need be

<Aubrienne> (That'll work)

  • Dasra will be there as well
  • Raimond looks thinner and tired/weak, but is awake enough to talk
  • Lathra waits to let Dasra and Raimond talk
  • Dasra has been at his side, so has had the opportunity to have any touching reunions etc. already :3
  • Dasra holds his hand though

<Lathra> Hello Raimond

  • Lathra says quietly

<Raimond> hello... thank you for getting me out of there

  • Hugonel makes sure not to stand too close to Dasra, just in case that would look weird
  • Raimond 's voice is raspy, as usual
  • Hugonel can't help but look over at her now and again though

<Lathra> I- we had to, really.

<Lathra> I mean...

<Lathra> You're welcome

<Lathra> How are you?

<Raimond> Drained. Tired.

<Lathra> Ah, so back to your old self

  • Lathra winks

<Raimond> But the nightmares haven't returned. At least not yet.

<Raimond> I think they ... took them out, somehow.

<Lathra> Oh! Well... that's... good?

<Raimond> yes... well... I don't know.

<Lathra> Are you ready to talk about what happened there? It can wait, if you're not.

<Raimond> I can try. I was unconscious for a lot of it, but I can talk about what I remember.

<Raimond> parts of it seem like a dream but ... I'm not sure.

  • Raimond shakes his head slightly

<Lathra> I think given the circumstances, dream-memories may be as relevant as "real" ones

<Raimond> maybe so

<Raimond> I don't know where to start...

<Lathra> Well I suppose that's always the hard part. What seems most important to you?

<Raimond> they're building something there.

<Raimond> a huge... warforged? I don't know what it is exactly, but it's massive.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Lathra> We saw something like that... and broke it. I think. It... exploded.

<Raimond> oh

<Raimond> there were others there like me. we were apart from the regular patients. I think because we had all been at Seda Grove. I recognized a couple of the others there anyway.

<Lathra> We got some of them out

<Raimond> that's good...

<Hugonel> We intend to figure out what exactly they were doing to you in there ... and why.

<Hugonel> The relationship between the various experiments .... all linked to the fey folk, and Seda Grove.

  • Raimond nods

<Raimond> the people who worked there... nurses, orderlies.... some of them were altered in various ways

<Hugonel> What sorts of ways?

<Raimond> they had metal limbs, or eyes, or... they were just odd somehow, I couldn't tell but it was strange.

<Raimond> and then there were the other things

  • Raimond says, closing his eyes with a shudder

<Hugonel> ... what things?

<Raimond> it seems like a dream, but I'm not sure...

<Raimond> I only saw them a few times. They weren't human. They weren't anything from this world, I don't think.

  • Lathra listens
  • Raimond tries to find the words to describe what he saw

<Raimond> They were about the size of a person, but their arms were longer, and their hands and fingers... like they were elongated... they didn't have eyes that I could make out. Their jaws opened the wrong way.

  • Raimond makes a gesture with his hands as though indicating a sideways-opening mouth.

<Raimond> their skin was pale, if it was skin... it was sort of congealed-looking, like armor almost.

<Raimond> I told myself at the time it was just more nightmares, but ... I don't think it was.

<Raimond> they came to look at us, examine us...

<Raimond> I could feel them inside my mind

  • Raimond says, his voice breaking

<Dasra> it's all right, you're safe now.

  • Dasra says, squeezing his hand more tightly

<Raimond> I don't know...

<Lathra> Well... perhaps safer than you have been in rather a long time.

<Dasra> I won't let them take you again. I have the court orders to keep you with me - your mother can be as annoyed as she likes but she doesn't have the authority to dictate your care.

<Raimond> all right...

<Raimond> is there anything else you wanted to ask about? I'm tired, but I can try to answer some more...

<Lathra> Anything that you can remember would be relevant, I'm sure. Little things you saw, things you overheard or that people said to you. Anything from Seda Grove that seems relevant.

  • Raimond tries to think

<Raimond> the metal guards that patrol the place... some of them can cast spells. I don't know how that works, but they're able to use magic combined with technology.

<Raimond> sometimes they would put us in this little room, strapped down to a table, hooked up to different equipment... it was for dream extraction therapy, that's what they called it. it was like the worst nightmares all at once, but then it would fade away.

<Lathra> That must be what happened to your nightmares?

  • Raimond nods

<Raimond> I think so. they haven't come back since then...

<Dasra> I think my husband needs to rest now.

  • Dasra says quietly

<Dasra> maybe when he's recovered further he'll be able to tell you more, but for now...

<Hugonel> I understand. Thank you, Raimond. We'll be back soon.

<Raimond> thank you

  • Silvia will be waiting outside, along with Aubrienne

<Lathra> It's so good to see you awake, Raimond - thank you, Dasra. I'll see you both later.

  • Lathra says before we leave
  • Silvia will step aside with you as you leave the room

<Lathra> Thank you so much for taking them in, Silvia

<Silvia> I wanted to let you know, I've had a visit from some friendly military types who wanted to search the house and ask questions. I politely declined, but you should be aware that they are probably keeping us under observation.

<Lathra> Are you in danger, do you think?

<Silvia> No, I don't think so. At least, not physical danger. They obviously suspect something though.

<Lathra> Do you think there's anybody we should be taking this... whole issue to? I don't really know who would be backing Claar, or who would support us...

  • Silvia thinks about that for a moment

<Hugonel> My uncle is going to want to know about this.

<Silvia> I like to think we could trust my brother, and he might know more about how connected any of this is to other figures in the government. And from anything I know, the Chief Sorcerer dislikes Claar at a personal level, so I don't think he would be one of her supporters.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> I can attest that that's true. What power he has to act against her may be another matter entirely.

<Lathra> Wonderful, thank you

<Silvia> I'll keep fending them off if they come back.

<Aubrienne> Let us know if there's anything we can do.

<Silvia> I will.

<Silvia> Take care.

<Lathra> You take care too, my thanks again.

<Silvia> You're welcome.

  • Silvia returns to caring for the other patients in the meantime

Hugonel, Argent, Denise, Aubrienne, and Genevriel talk amongst themselves

  • Argent will have reserved a private room at Tit's for people to gather at to discuss events
  • Genevriel shows up a few minutes early.

<DiablotinNarrator> (anyone who wants to can be there, those who can't play atm will presumably be busy with other things)

<DiablotinNarrator> (or can come in late if they get back and want to join in, like Aubrienne for instance)

<DiablotinNarrator> (casual drop-in meeting ;p)

<Argent> (sounds good)

  • Hugonel will be there, wearing a silver-tipped black scarf

<Denise> I'm glad t hear at least raimond's awake

<Argent> well that is good news... and the others?

<Denise> did he know anthin' about the other folks?

  • Denise asks, with only a slightly guilty look

<Hugonel> The other 'patients' there appear to have been at Seda Grove. That's what he thought, at least.

<Hugonel> He said he recognized a couple of them.

<Hugonel> Whether that's true of all of those who were being held there, I think we don't know that just yet.

<Denise> they were all vets to? :/

  • Hugonel shrugs.

<Genevriel> I mean to ask the Psyrene woman if she wakes.

<Genevriel> I am especially interested in finding out whether any of them consented to these 'treatments' - we know Raimond did not. But he was 'legally' put there by his mother.

<Genevriel> Were the others 'legally' placed there as well, or...?

<Argent> with nothing in the papers, has anyone else seen signs of any hornets from the nest we kicked?

  • Genevriel shakes her head.
  • Denise likewise

<Hugonel> Nothing so far.

<Hugonel> I'm thinking of talking to my uncle about this. I wanted to let you all know before I did that, though.

<Argent> I can't see the harm in it

<Hugonel> Obviously, they know what happened ... the explosion was hardly subtle. Silvia is being watched and monitored, and honestly, we should probably presume that we are too.

<Genevriel> Are you sure that's wise? I haven't found anything in the files that suggests Claar's work receives government funding, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. It just means there's no evidence of it in the files we managed to purloin.

<Hugonel> Even if it does received government funding, it can hardly be the case that everyone in the government knew about this. If it were, we'd already be arrested or worse.

<Hugonel> Loick has helped us on several occasions.

<Argent> I think if that place was more "official", direct action against us would be taken against us. Its a good sign that nothing like that has happened.

<Hugonel> I agree.

<Hugonel> And Loick is in a far better position than we are to evaluate who, if anyone, including the Emperor, knew about this.

<Argent> that would be useful in helping to identify who else we can trust

<Denise> that sounds good to me...

<Denise> Channel Sylvia's brother is in the government too, maybe he could help...

<Argent> did you get a chance to talk to Raimond?

  • Denise shakes her head and looks at Hugo, if none of the other likely candidates are there

<Hugonel> Yes, we spoke to him.

<Argent> any useful revelations about what happened to him while he was there?

<Hugonel> He ... yes, you could say so.

  • Hugonel shifts uncomfortably.

<Denise> what?

  • Hugonel fills everyone in on the creepy metallic people and the weird freaky aliens that Raimond reported.

<Genevriel> ...

<Hugonel> I ... don't know how much of it is real. He's clearly not sure himself what really happened. But he felt it significant enough to report as if it happened.

<Genevriel> (Would a K:Planes roll help me figure out what those aliens might be...?)

<Denise> are those like.... the thing that was in Amanita? D:

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can try)

<Genevriel> !roll20

<Denise> Genevriel rolled a ( 13 ).

<Genevriel> (+17 gives me 30)

<Argent> (ill roll as well with my monster lore)

<Argent> !roll20

<Denise> Argent rolled a ( 9 ).

<Argent> (19)

<Hugonel> !roll20

<Denise> Hugonel rolled a ( 20 ).

<Hugonel> (31)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Gen and Hugo, you believe this could be something like what you saw possessing Amanita, but perhaps taking on some different 'coating' or 'form' rather than possessing another being.

<DiablotinNarrator> Clearly they have difficult existing in this plane of existence, and there might be various ways they are able to get around that - his description of their 'skin' as being like a coating/armor of some kind suggests this is the case.

  • Genevriel will mention that to everyone.

<Genevriel> And, if that's the case, is it possible that the constructs there might be suits built to house these beings?

<Denise> that's real gross... also not good

<Genevriel> And it all suggests that Claar is working towards bringing them to our plane.

<Genevriel> And that begs the question: does Claar house one of these beings herself?

<Denise> like, that's why they wanted the real irminsul, right?

<Denise> to get in here?

<Hugonel> Yes, and raises the question of what her ultimate end is. Obviously not to help those poor people.

<Denise> Maybe they're tryin' to use the one in his head

<Denise> or if they've all got 'em.... like that one person did.... :/

<Argent> I was hoping it was just an overzelous sorceror trying to make a name and power for herself by "tapping" a new source of magical power

<Argent> this is way worse

<Genevriel> Well, what do we do from here?

<Denise> I dont know, but like...

<Argent> Hugo's idea is good one

<Denise> this is linked to Aigel an their folks, and they're all tryin' to get *rid* of folks who ain't human...

<Genevriel> I don't feel that we have enough information to prove this one way or another, so I'm not sure that reporting it will help.

<Genevriel> But the Chief Sorceror can probably get it investigated better than we can.

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> But like... I dunno

<Hugonel> I will also see what support he can give us so we can continue to work on this.

<Denise> It feels so big - like the fey things was big, too but in the end it werent so bad, but this is like... I duno

<Denise> it s=feels messier, even :/

<Genevriel> The world is a very messy place.

  • Genevriel sounds rather fatalistic.

<Hugonel> I figure the least we can do to repay the emperor for his generosity is to help clean up this mess.

<Denise> uh

<Denise> like

<Denise> he were generous 'cause we cleaened up the last one already :p

<Denise> I ain't sayin' we shouldn't do nothin', but it an't on account of owin' him anythin'

<Denise> he's the one who was gonna blow up the Shade >:|

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Genevriel> Maybe he'll give us lands and titles this time around. :P

  • Genevriel doesn't sound enthusiastic about that at all.

<Hugonel> Yeah, that's old Marl for you, always blowing things up and handing out fancy titles.

  • Argent laughs
  • Denise does not

<Argent> Things seem messy right now but remember these things were up against are fallable and have limits

<Argent> we walked in and freed Raimond

<Argent> the not knowing who to trust makes things scary, so we act to ensure we have help, like going to Loick

<Argent> And then we find out how we can keep them on the defensive

<Argent> I have a few ideas there

<Hugonel> Oh?

  • Denise listrns

<Argent> We watch for those who are supposed to keep an eye on us and we ask them a few questions.

<Argent> we know some are watching Silvia's

<Aubrienne> I doubt they'd be likely to answer.

<Aubrienne> Sorry I'm late.

<Denise> well, maybe they can be convinced

  • Denise says, innocently
  • Aubrienne smirks

<Denise> I mean

<Denise> really just get Hugo to ask 'em real nice

<Denise> seems like that works pretty well @_@

<Argent> even if it doesn't earn us much information, I expect it will make them reconsider thier approach.

<Aubrienne> Fair point.

<Argent> and give time to learn who Claar has influence with.

<Hugonel> I'll swish my scarf at them and see what happens, if I get the chance.

  • Hugonel bats his eyes.

<Argent> Denise and I heard the name Veronise when we were watching the aftermath of our efforts

  • Denise nods

<Denise> D'you thnk the fey folks might know anythn' that could help us?

<Denise> like, have we asked them about the head-Irminsuls or anythin'?

<Denise> plus, like they were t Seda Grove too

<Denise> maybe they can tell us more?

<Aubrienne> Wait, Veronise?

<Argent> yeah

<Aubrienne> I'm not positive it's connected, but it seems likely: the person running the experimental farm researching the Blight is named Veronise. Veronise...Calondre, I think.

<Aubrienne> And, Denise, I wouldn't mind asking the fey, but I'm not sure how to go about contacting them right now.

<Denise> hmm

<Denise> WOuld Jonas know?

<Denise> about the Fey I mean

<Aubrienne> We could ask.

<Hugonel> I have a few contacts ... I'm not sure what they would know, but it could be helpful. What do we want to know from them?

<Denise> well

<Denise> the notes said the fey were tryin' to get into that pace, right?

<Genevriel> They were growing fungus at the experimental farm, and the records we purloined said they tried a "fungal infusion" on Alric Thovas. It also mentioned erratic behaviour. Sounds rather like my uncle when he was infected by the Blight.

<Denise> So just.... maybe they know somethin' abot it

<Denise> They better not be givin' people the blight >:|

<Denise> we just got rid of it!

<Genevriel> At this point, absolutely nothing would surprise me.

  • Denise sighs
  • Aubrienne nods.

<Argent> glad we learned who Veronise is... the farm is on the list of things to deal with

<Genevriel> I'd gladly burn it to the ground, which is saying a lot.

<Aubrienne> Whoa, hey, it's bad, but let's not go overboard.

<Denise> probably it's be all poison smoke turnin' people into monsters anyway :p

<Argent> well it gives us a little idea of centers of power of what were dealing with... Claar and her work, Veronise and that farm, The red mother in the order of the Cat... am I missing anything else we've seen

<Genevriel> I'd only burn it once I was assured the people were safely out.

  • Genevriel clarifies.

<Denise> well... maybe we oughtta go take a closer look at that place too?

<Aubrienne> I think we can manage some scouting, though they might up the security after this.

<Genevriel> Pol works there.

<Genevriel> She was in my squad.

<Argent> has she talked to you about the place? Is she above board?

<Genevriel> Neither of us cared much for Thovas, but Pol isn't a monster; if she knew that they were experimenting on him with fungal idiocy, she might be inclined to help.

<DiablotinNarrator> (if you want to talk to Jonas, btw, you can get him - he's presumably here for work, so you could snag him on a break or something)

<Genevriel> It's a secret military research base so no, she hasn't spoken to me about it.

<Genevriel> I haven't asked, either.

<Genevriel> But they were contributing something to the Lynwood facility.

<Genevriel> The connection is there.

<Genevriel> Growing things for 'medicinal treatments'.

<Genevriel> Like fungal infusions, presumably.

  • Genevriel looks disgusted.

<Argent> inside information would be a big help. It's your call if you want to talk to her about.

<Genevriel> And... I am looking for work.

  • Genevriel says reluctantly.

<Genevriel> I have the background to be useful as an employee there.

<Genevriel> But if I am being watched, I don't suppose they'd hire me.

<Genevriel> I would hate every minute of working there, anyway.

<Genevriel> But if you think it's worth a try, I can try it.

<Denise> you've been out at Sylvia's a lot, right?

<Genevriel> Yes.

<Genevriel> but I had been there quite often before the break-in as well.

<Denise> maybe it ai'nt safe.... orat last maybe we oughtta talk to them folk first

<Denise> hmm

<Denise> still

<Genevriel> Practicing Celestial with them and such.

<Denise> I owuldn't want you windin' up in some place like that

<Genevriel> Well, we have two options at least; that's better than none.

<Genevriel> Talk to the watchers, try to find out if I have any hope of getting hired at the farm. And if I don't, then I can talk to Pol.

<Argent> I'm all for people taking a few risks, but no need to put yourself in such a bad place unless its absolutely needed... id say approach your friend first.

<Genevriel> That could be as risky.

<Argent> if she's compromised you mean?

<Genevriel> She might value her work too much to want to help.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Argent> ok, lets see how our efforts with the watchers pans out

<Genevriel> Her work there was part of a deal when we were being investigated for war crimes.

<Genevriel> As in, if she worked there, they'd be more lenient with her.

  • Denise makes a face

<Genevriel> I don't think they could have found her guilty of war crimes if she had gone to trial, but she didn't want to even go to trial. So she took the deal and got pardones.

<Denise> well then it sounds ike a done thing

<Genevriel> Anyway, all of that means it might be better to keep her as the second option. I don't know where her loyalty would lie.

<Denise> well, I guess you know her best

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - it sounds like you guys have some plans lined up, please contact me to set up solos if necessary. I hope to run again on Feb. 12, and get back on our two-week schedule as best as possible.