Diablotin 3 session 26

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 26 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: December 6, 2015
Diablotin date: Middle of Third-Month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It's midway through Third-month, and the weather remains frosty, unusually so for this time of year, when it should be warming up into spring.

<DiablotinNarrator> The newspapers keep reporting sightings of fey, whether reliable ones or otherwise.

<DiablotinNarrator> "Fairies stole my laundry/broke my windows/seduced my daughter" headlines are quite popular. How true any of them are, is up for debate.

  • Genevriel rolls her eyes, trying to find actual attacks on people like the one she has experienced.

Dorien and Misery strike a new debt-reduction deal; Denise goes along as muscle

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, Misery's father has been able to set up some kind of opportunity for you to talk to someone in the Nhau'kel - perhaps someone who can help with your little flea problem.

<Dorien> (Do I know anything about who this is or what their position is or any background on them?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes - he'll tell you her name is Tilkiira ev Prala. Misery can provide some more details.

<Dorien> (k)

<Dorien> (Where are we meeting them and when?)

<Misery> She's my father's ...girlfriend, I guess?

  • Misery says with a bit of a face

<Dorien> Oh.... ok. That doesn't make it awkward at all.

  • Misery shrugs

<Dorien> What's her story? Is she someone who can get things done? Or just someone who knows people who can?

<Misery> She's been here a while - she's got lots of connections, and if she can't get something done herself, she'll know who can, and probably what's best to say to them to get them to do it.

  • Dorien nods

<Dorien> Anything I should know as far as courtesies? I know Shadar kai and I know mobsters... but I don't know many Shadar kai mobsters.

<Misery> just treat her like you'd talk to a high ranking shadar-kai woman. even higher than me ;)

<Dorien> Yes, ma'am.

<Dorien> ;)

  • Misery nods

<Dorien> (Where and when are we meeting?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile, Denise, you're at Syrez's for training, and he pulls you aside after you're finishing up.

<Denise> huh?

  • Denise wipes the sweat off her face and follows

<Denise> what's up?

<Syrez> So, this Dorien fellow, the one who's seeing Misery. Is he an idiot?

<Denise> like, how do you mean?

<Denise> Like... he's real smart, I guess...

<Denise> but maybe not always got a lot a sense >.>

  • Syrez nods resignedly

<Denise> why?

<Syrez> They're caught up in some trouble.

<Denise> un huh

<Syrez> I'm doing what I can to help 'em out, but ... I can't be standing there with them.

<Denise> Okay...

<Syrez> I guess what I'm trying to figure is, is this Dorien guy more likely to help her out, or pull her down with him?

<Denise> uh

<Denise> I dunno 'im that well I guess

<Denise> or their trouble

<Denise> I don't think he'd do nothin' like that on purpose

<Syrez> Money trouble. Nhau'kel trouble.

<Denise> :/

<Syrez> Hey...

<Denise> I don't think he's got much of a clue there - what about Mis?

<Denise> she's gotta know more, right?

<Syrez> Yeah, but sometimes when people think they're in love, they make bad decisions.

<Denise> yeah...

  • Syrez says as if he knows :p

<Denise> so, what do you want me to do?

<Syrez> Well, you've got a good head on your shoulders, and you can handle yourself in a fight, anyway - not that it should come to that, unless he's a bigger idiot than I think. You know Shadar-kai ways, too.

  • Denise nods

<Syrez> You could go along with them to this meeting I set up, just keep an eye on things and let me know whether he fucks things up real bad, or just a little. Maybe give him some tips if you need to.

<Denise> uh, is that, like, Nhau'kel meetin' stuff?

<Syrez> Yeah

<Denise> 'Cause then I just gotta make sure it's okay with my boss, 'cause folks know who I work for, is all

<Denise> I don't wanna start trouble where there aain't none @_@

<Syrez> Sure, I understand that.

<Denise> okay

<Syrez> I don't want Dorien to start trouble where it concerns my daughter.

<Denise> if he says it okay, then, I'm in :3

  • Syrez nods
  • Denise nods

<Denise> I like Dorien alright, and Mis too, an if I can help keep 'em out of anythin' I will

<Syrez> Thanks.

<Denise> it ain't nothin' :)

  • Denise can check in with Ander, then?

<DiablotinNarrator> Sure

<DiablotinNarrator> For the sake of time, we'll summarize that Ander is okay with it as long as you aren't making deals/talking on his behalf or whatever - if you're there to observe, and provide some protection, it's okay, as long as they swing first ;)

<Denise> (got it :)

  • Denise will let Syrez know?

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

  • Syrez will then let Misery know they'll be having company ;)

<Syrez> (and I'll assume you can meet up somewhere before the meeting to discuss anything you need to discuss :)

<Dorien> (cool)

  • Denise will stop by your place then, that seems easiest
  • Denise will knock and then let herself in unless its loicked :V

<Denise> hey!

<Dorien> Heya kid. :)

<Denise> Is Mis here?

<Dorien> Thanks for coming along with us. I'll feel better with you there.

  • Misery is indeed here, as she emerges from the bedroom

<Dorien> Yeah, she's in the back

<Misery> Hi

<Denise> So, uh, Syrez asked if I'd got with you to your meetin', just to make sure there ain't no trouble, like

<Dorien> (Oh, sorry, I had assumed we'd known that already. My bad. Strike that first comment then.)

<Denise> (Oh, I missed that, sorry :p)

<Dorien> (No worries :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's possible he told Misery and didn't tell Denise he'd told her ;)

<Dorien> Wel, we're just gonna talk. Test the waters a little. I'm not expecting trouble, but better safe and all that...

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah, that' what I figure

<Denise> I'll be quiet, 'less you need me

<Dorien> Cool.

<Dorien> Oh, and before we leave...

<Dorien> I didn't get a chance to give this to you at your party, but...

  • Dorien will hand Denise a gift wrapped package.

<Denise> :o

<Denise> awww, you didn't need to get me nothin' :3

  • Denise will tear it open though!

<Dorien> Aw, c'mon. You're my favorite pint sized powerhouse. I had to get you something. It's not much.

<Dorien> (It's a new set of boxing gloves and pads. :3 )

<Denise> heg, more like a gallon, but sure ^-^

<Denise> thanks Dorien :)

<Dorien> Well, I saw you training at the gym and thought you might could use them :)

<Dorien> It ain't nothin.

<DiablotinNarrator> The meeting is scheduled for early evening, at a Shadar-kai club called the Deadly Nightshade.

<Dorien> (Cool)

<Dorien> (I'll try to get us there a few minutes early to scope things out)

<DiablotinNarrator> It's prior to opening time, but you seem to be expected - the bouncers will let you in, after checking you over for weapons.

<Dorien> (k)

<Denise> (I guess D would have known better than to bring her gun?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably, yeah)

<DiablotinNarrator> (she's fine with just her fists anyway ;)

<Dorien> Yeah, Dorien would leave his at home too. Worse comes to sorst I can always explode our way out anyways >.> )

<Denise> (oh yeah. Also would she have met, or at least seen Tilkiira around?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I don't think so, no)

<Denise> (okay)

  • Tilkiira is a small, black-haired shadar-kai woman with a pierced nose and several silvery scars along her lower lip/chin.

<Tilkiira> Good evening.

  • Tilkiira speaks in Aveyronnais, because she assumes you probably don't know SK (except Misery ;)

<Dorien> Good evening. Thank you for agreeing to talk to us.

<Tilkiira> It's nothing. Come, sit.

  • Dorien will take a seat.

<Dorien> Thank you, Ma'am.

  • Misery sits as well

<Misery> <sk> Yes, thank you very much

  • Denise will too, becausee she trusts her instincts

<Denise> (err, reflexes)

  • Denise nods, because she isn't really here to talk
  • Tilkiira sits at the low table where the three of you are seated. There is a teapot already on the table, and small cups.

<Tilkiira> Something to drink?

<Misery> Yes, thank you.

  • Dorien will smile. "Yes, please. That's most kind of you."

<Denise> Thank you.

  • Misery will pour the tea for all of us because Tilkiira is too high-ranking, and she doesn't know if Dorien might screw it up, so ;)

<Dorien> (heh)

<Tilkiira> So, what seems to be your problem?

  • Tilkiira asks once the tea is poured
  • Tilkiira most likely already knows, but wants to hear your version ;p

<Dorien> Well, it's a bit complicated. As you probably know, we are currently... employed... by a man known as Puce. The short version is that we'd like not to be. He's been drag us deeper into his operations and we'd very much prefer that didn't happen.

<Tilkiira> You would like to cease doing business with him.

<Dorien> If possible, yes.

<Dorien> We are aware there are certain debts involved, and we are more than willing to work to pay them back.

<Dorien> But we'd like to be able to do so on our own terms.

<Tilkiira> Work in what way?

<Dorien> I've been offered a position at a manufacturing plant, and Misery has a job as an apprentice, after which she'll have very marketable skills. We just want to be able to work within the law to pay back the money owed.

<Tilkiira> It's my understanding that the debts in question are quite considerable.

<Misery> It's five thousand. More or less.

<Dorien> We're willing to negotiate. I've personally already produced a very handsome profit for Puce. My skills have benefitted him greatly over the past year.

<Tilkiira> What about the person who actually incurred these debts? What is her contribution to all of this?

  • Dorien will look at Misery for that one >.>

<Misery> She's working too. She'll be making a part of the payments.

<Misery> We only want to help pay it down faster.

  • Tilkiira nods, listening

<Dorien> As I said, we're willing to compromise. If there are other ways we can work to pay it off, we'll do what we can. We just don't want to be shackled indefinitely to a... less than couth individual.

<Tilkiira> The money is certainly a factor. But there's also the supply issue to be considered. Puce, understandably, doesn't want to lose his customers, his own income.

<Dorien> I certainly understand that. But he has all my formulas for the items in question. Any reasonably competent alchemist should be able to replicate them.

<Misery> Well, with respect, he needs to find another supply, because this one is drying up.

  • Tilkiira considers this

<Dorien> What he's losing is my innovation. But being as he never paid me for that to begin with, it's not his to lose.

<Tilkiira> We can arrange for a payment plan to get set up, monthly installments to repay the debt.

  • Dorien will feel his heart skip a beat.

<Tilkiira> Puce is ... an inconvenience, but I can let him know that his arrangement with you is now finished, and it's his job to seek a new supplier elsewhere.

<Tilkiira> If he wishes to continue doing business with us, that is.

<Dorien> I... thank you. Thank you very much, ma'am.

<Misery> yes, thank you

  • Tilkiira nods

<Tilkiira> But you should also consider - is this debt truly yours to be shackled with? You did not incur it, after all.

  • Tilkiira says mainly to Dorien
  • Dorien will nod. "I... understand your concern. And I know it's not my debt. But as I've been learning lately, there are some things that are worth taking responsibility for."
  • Tilkiira makes a sort of 'enh, humans' face, and nods.

<Tilkiira> We'll make the necessary arrangements, then. And, as you said, there may be future endeavours with which you can assist us, which could greatly enhance your repayments.

<Dorien> I understand. Thank you. For both your time and your generosity in this matter. I won't take up any more of the former.

  • Tilkiira nods, and will have the bouncers show you out.
  • Dorien will breathe a sigh of relief in the cold Diablotin air.

<Dorien> That went... well.

<Misery> yeah...

<Denise> Depends on what they ask ya for later >.>

  • Misery still seems a bit nervous, but nods, taking your hand and giving it a tight squeeze

<Dorien> We'll burn that bridge when we get there.

<Misery> thank you

  • Dorien will nod. you're very welcome.

<Denise> Is Puce the one who busted in to your place?

<Dorien> Yeah.

<Denise> :/

<Dorien> He's a piece of shit, but he has big friends.

<Denise> well, if he gives you more trouble, you lemme know

<Dorien> Thanks.

<Denise> well, maybe not so big as he thinks

<Dorien> heh

<Dorien> There's always someone bigger ;)

<Denise> I know....some folks.... real good at takin' care o little shits like him >.>

<Dorien> Always.

Lathra, Zola, Hugo and Aubrienne get a research update from Xandhil

<DiablotinNarrator> So, Xan is back in town and has updates prepared for his clients :D

<DiablotinNarrator> (well, 'prepared' might be a strong word... he can give updates ;)

<Lathra> (woohoo!)

<DiablotinNarrator> I suspect his message goes to all of you because he's like "I'm not delivering this twice"

<Zola> .oO( Ooh free updates. )

  • Zola supposes she'll have to start chipping in to the bill though >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> really Leiris probably makes the calls and arranges the meeting time

  • Zola will tag along with the others :3

<Zola> So cold @_@

  • Leiris has tea and coffee prepared for clients (and tag-alongs)
  • Xandhil will have tea
  • Zola gives them both big smiles :D
  • Zola will have coffee, and sweetens it up
  • Lathra will have a coffee
  • Aubrienne likewise has coffee, with a lot of sugar
  • Leiris has an extra smile for Lathra - and a discreet slug of booze for her coffee :3
  • Lathra WI-NK

<Xandhil> So, I'll get down to it then...

  • Hugonel seems more reflective than usual, perhaps

<Xandhil> So.

<Xandhil> I think I mentioned to some of you before that I have contacts with the Austvagoy Elvs, up in the Silver Desert

  • Xandhil says, nodding to Aubrienne

<Aubrienne> Yes.

<Xandhil> The Elves and the Shadar Kai have ancestral ties to the First World

<Aubrienne> Right.

<Xandhil> the Austvagoy in particular have a continues relationship with beoings that reside there, whom they consider to be their direct ancestors

<Xandhil> (continued)

<Xandhil> they contact them through their Shaman, who maintains those relationships more directly, communicatingwith and even visiting them by travelling there in person

<Zola> Huh.

  • Zola says in an "imagine that" kind of way.

<Hugonel> So they do not need a ... gate, or Irminsul, or whatever, to do so?

<Xandhil> I went up there to talk to their Shaman, or at least the one for the group I've met, in the hopes that he might be able to take me to talk to some of these ancestors, or at least answer some questions about what exactly is going on over there, and the factions of fey that we've seen active here in Diablotin

  • Lathra nods

<Xandhil> They don't - they have a drug-based ritual that allows you to travell there astrally

<Xandhil> your body sytays behind, and your spirit travels.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Xandhil> It's, ah.... really gross actually :p

  • Xandhil makes a face

<Xandhil> the drug, that it

<Xandhil> (is)

<Aubrienne> Shame... :p

<Xandhil> from Feoras and one of the ancestors that I was able to speak to wwith his help, Vikis, we learned.... a lot of things, some of which just confirms what we know, and some of which is... really incredibly concerning @_@

<Zola> ...so no real good news, just bad news?

<Aubrienne> It's still news, at least.

<Xandhil> yeah.

<Xandhil> So, in terms of the fey, there are four courts, all of which seem ti have some kind of activity here

<Xandhil> Flowers, Forests, Fungus, and Frost.

<Aubrienne> Nicely alliterative. That'll be easy to remember.

<Zola> How alliterative

<Zola> Jinx :3

<Xandhil> and the queens and such that we've heard name, incliding Eirlys and Linthiria, and Amanita, are in fact their respective heads

<Aubrienne> I'll buy you a pop. :p

<Xandhil> and we have a name for the Cold Rider as well..

  • Xandhil checks his notes

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Xandhil> Eranthis

<Xandhil> Vilkis considered him to be coldly practical at least, and tha Linthira might be the most 'reasnable, accounting for generneal fey selfishness and self-absorption

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Xandhil> he has heard of the blight spreading in the First World as well

<Zola> If only we hadn't burned down her tree :|

<Aubrienne> Did they have any idea what Eranthis might be doing here?

<Aubrienne> Maybe we can grow her a new one?

<Xandhil> The best he could guess was that when one court became interested, the others followed because of, well, politics, basically

<Xandhil> that they don't all hve a vested intered here, they just don't want to be one upped, or let the others have some advantage over them, even if that don't knwo what that advantage night be

<Xandhil> you know - I dont' know why you want this, but if yo want it, I want it :p

<Xandhil> I don't know if that is accurate, but it wouldn't be out of character for what I've learned of the fey.

<Xandhil> but, speaking of the Irminsul -_-

  • Xandhil takes a drink form his coffee

<Xandhil> the one we have here, blighted though it may be, is not mature.

<Xandhil> once it becomes so... and I don't have a good sense on when that might be, given its rates of growth, it will open

<Zola> So it IS :o

<Xandhil> and there will be an active portal linking the city, and this plane, directly to....wherver its roots lead.

<Zola> How fascinating.

<Xandhil> that's one word for it

<Aubrienne> Well, that seems...less than ideal.

<Xandhil> oh, it gets better -_-

<Aubrienne> Yay. -_-

<Hugonel> Hmmm.

  • Hugonel seems lost in thought, almost.

<Xandhil> Vilkis made the interesting suggestion that Amanita, the Fungus queen, might no be the perpetrator of the blight, but rather a victim.

  • Aubrienne looks confused.

<Aubrienne> How so?

<Xandhil> that something might be controlling her

<Aubrienne> Something like...?

  • Xandhil takes another drink

<Xandhil> he have a few possibilities that occured to him

<Xandhil> The good news is that it could be a demon -_-

<Aubrienne> That's the *good* news?

<Xandhil> yeah

<Aubrienne> Okay. And the other possibilities?

<Xandhil> if it is a demon, it is just... causing chaos and destriction out of boredom and vndictiveness

<Xandhil> that woudln't be ideal..... but the empire has handled demonic interference before

<Xandhil> The other possibility, well -_-

  • Xandhil looks at Aubrienne

<Xandhil> So.

<Xandhil> back.... before there was time as we understand and experienced it

<Xandhil> there were old gods

<Xandhil> they created the First world

<Xandhil> and the ancestors of the Elves and the Shadar-kai

<Xandhil> and another group

<Xandhil> these three groups developed over time, changing.

<Xandhil> one group became closer to the elves, the other to the Shadar-kai....

<Xandhil> and there was some interesting but at the moment relatively inceidental metaphisicak stuff that arose at the same time that this division was occuring

  • Xandhil says, offahnded

<Xandhil> but this third group

<Xandhil> they were explorers

<Xandhil> and they ventured to the outer planes

<Xandhil> coming into contact with the entities that reside there

<Xandhil> and becoming changed by their existence to the point that they can't physically exist in this realm anymore

<Xandhil> They would need some kind of... mindless host to occupy

<Xandhil> you know, liek what happens to somethign that has been blighted -_-

<Xandhil> or someone

<Hugonel> Are these things gods themselves?

<Aubrienne> Ah.

<Xandhil> No, I don't think so, but they coudl be very powerful in ways that we don't understand

<Xandhil> and of course they would need some way of getting here..... like some kind of gate -_-

<Xandhil> so

<Aubrienne> So the Irminsul are even more dangerous than we thought.

<Xandhil> yes

<Xandhil> so, hopefully it's just a demon, or Amanita acting under her own power.

  • Xandhil says with false enthusiasm

<Aubrienne> But I assume the Empire needs to prepare for the worst regardless.

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> How does one possibly prepare for such a thing?

<Hugonel> These entities ... that don't even have a name?

<Aubrienne> I take it trying to get the courts to agree to a plan is likely impossible?

<Xandhil> well, it might be possible to slow the Irminsul's growth some how?

<Xandhil> or stop the blight...

<Xandhil> If they have one, Vilkis didn't give it to me

<Zola> Is he a part of one of the courts?

<Xandhil> he was a little cagey about some things, like exactly what happened to divide these groups

<Aubrienne> Would that mean someone would need to deal with Amanita to make sure she's not acting on her own?

<Xandhil> No.

  • Xandhil says to Zola

<Xandhil> and that woudl be good to know, yes, though I'm not sure exactly how we would do that

<Xandhil> (to Aubrienne)

<Aubrienne> Hmm

<Hugonel> Perhaps we need to enlist our own allies in this, not from any of the courts, or indeed the fey.

<Xandhil> Who did you have in mind?

<Hugonel> ... well, I'd have to think more about that.

<Xandhil> (brb just a sec, sorry)

<Hugonel> But there are entities here in the city who could potentially help.

<Aubrienne> Also, this is potentially a problem that would affect more than the city, or even the empire. Would it be possible to cast further afield for allies?

<Aubrienne> Like your elven contacts? They've certainly been helpful already.

  • Lathra wonders how to frame all of this to Dasra

<Xandhil> (Back)

<Xandhil> The Austvagoy are not very numerous, and I think they woudl be more interested in protecting their own.

<Xandhil> they are on the whole incredubly xenophobic

<Leiris> <m> Elves are jerks. Mostly.

<Hugonel> How does this relate to the sacred site under the cabaret? If it does at all.

  • Zola looks a little surprised at that
  • Xandhil nods toe Leiris

<Xandhil> (to)

<Xandhil> the what?

<Hugonel> Well ... I have been doing some research.

  • Zola chuckles a bit

<Hugonel> It appears that ... the actions of the fey taking place at the cabaret is not a coincidence.

<Hugonel> Something to do with ... a river flowing beneath it?

<Xandhil> Well, given that I've only just heard of the connection, I haven't had a chance to give it much thought - but which such a site might explain the fey activity there I'm not sure that it necessarily directly links to the other issues

<Xandhil> unless, as we know they have infiltrated the undercity, the Fungus Court is also drawing on that power

  • Xandhil says, sounding only a little annoyed

<Zola> Maybe Jonas knows how to check...

<Hugonel> My research indicates that that's why he's there in the first place.

  • Zola gives Hugo a look

<Zola> You don't say?

<Hugonel> It appears so. But I have yet to consult him on the matter.

<Xandhil> Did you learn anything else of interest?

<Hugonel> Ahhh ... well.

<Hugonel> Yes, but ... I'm not sure how it relates.

<Hugonel> What does the name Katha mean to you?

  • Zola looks to Xan

<Xandhil> Is is derivative of Emkathon?

  • Hugonel nods.

<Xandhil> where did you hear it?

<Hugonel> From the Chief Sorcerer, although if asked, I'll deny that.

<Hugonel> Not that that would do me much good if my uncle chose to inquire closely.

<Zola> Why is it a secret?

<Hugonel> Ahh ... that is not for me to say.

<Xandhil> okay, so, what about it?

<Xandhil> the name I mean

<Hugonel> I have learned through my research that it is possible that she has some interest in the current matters in the city. Maybe.

<Xandhil> Emkathon?

<Hugonel> Or Katha, or both. Or ... well, who knows, really?

<Xandhil> ...

  • Hugonel isn't even pretending to pretend that he isn't being evasive.

<Xandhil> -_-

<Hugonel> I am very sorry, M. Orecalo, and also to you, dear friends.

<Hugonel> I wish I could say more.

<Xandhil> And you.... didn't hear any of this from Loick :p

<Hugonel> I wish I could say more.

  • Zola wonders if Hugo's been smoking something
  • Xandhil does not look convinced

<Xandhil> You've come this far

  • Zola gives Xan a shrug
  • Xandhil says dryly

<Xandhil> Who is Katha, then?

<Hugonel> Katha is ... the offspring of Emkathon and Laeken of the Wolf, I am led to understand.

<Xandhil> okay

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> I think perhaps the better question is *what* is she. And that, I really do not know.

<Xandhil> >.>

<Xandhil> That's.... fair

  • Xandhil looks to the others in the room

<Xandhil> Laken is one of the founders of the Empire

<Xandhil> After Serpent was trapped, Emkathon apperoached him to make a deal

<Xandhil> And they had a child

<Xandhil> so that the lineage could be passed down, containig the Blood of Serpent

<Xandhil> I guess I am nt surprised to here she is still alive

<Xandhil> (hear)

<Xandhil> Do you have any idea what her interest in the current matters might *be*?

  • Xandhil considers

<Hugonel> I really do not.

<Xandhil> Titania would be one of her line

<Hugonel> I wish I knew. I can't even tell you with any certainty whether she cares at all.

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> How do you know that?

<Xandhil> All of the Truebloods are

<Xandhil> probably most of the the nobility of House Wolf at this point, but certainly them :p

<Hugonel> Ah, I see, through her mother's line. Trueblood, yes, of course! How odd.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I'll have to think about that more

<Zola> So ... is there anything we can actually do?

<Xandhil> That I have been thinking about.

<Xandhil> I think there are a few things that coudl be helpful

<Xandhil> finding out if there is some what to slow the growth of the Irminsul

<Xandhil> Finding Amanita

<Xandhil> Findind Linthira and seeing what she wants

<Xandhil> And what is with the "seeds"

  • Xandhil looks to Lathra

<Xandhil> I asked Vilkis about the dream irminsul in your client's head

<Xandhil> but even he thought *that* was odd

  • Lathra sips her coffee

<Lathra> It all seems a bit much for... well, performers, stagehands and researchers to deal with

<Xandhil> I've been thinking about the Irminsul's like the arch a bit - that if you destroy one, another would appear to take its place

<Aubrienne> I can only hope we're not the only one's working on this, Lathra.

  • Xandhil shrugs

<Xandhil> My experience when it comes to these sorts of things is that the people who care can find ways to get things done, even if its beyond them.

<Aubrienne> Well, I'm certainly willing to give it a try.

  • Xandhil nods

<Lathra> Yes, I'm certainly game to try.

<Xandhil> Well, anyone know anyone who nows much about trees?

<Aubrienne> Not offhand.

<Xandhil> :|

<Zola> Well... presumably Linthira would be a good bet to figure out what exactly happened to the irminsul >_>

<Xandhil> yes...

<Aubrienne> I'm still not sure how to find her, though.

<Xandhil> maybe we can get some more informagtion out of eirlys on that front

<Aubrienne> Take out a newspaper add? ;)

<Aubrienne> I'll talk to her and see.

  • Xandhil nods

<Aubrienne> Obviously, anyone else is welcome to try as well.

<Aubrienne> I'm trying to establish some rapport, at least. :/

<Aubrienne> I'd say she's frustrating, but I'm sure she feels the same way about us. <Xandhil> yes

<Xandhil> you might be able to work with her self-interest too, if she wants to help Linthira?

  • Hugonel sits pensively, as if deciding whether to say something.

<Hugonel> I may be able to help.

  • Xandhil looks to Hugo to elaborate
  • Zola looks much less surprised about this new item than the last one >_>

<Hugonel> I ... can ask around and see if perhaps there is a way for us to communicate with Linthira.

<Xandhil> ask around where?

<Hugonel> One of my sources is a fey who serves Linthira.

<Xandhil> okay then

<Xandhil> if you find out something, great

<Xandhil> it would be helpful to know

<Hugonel> It will be the thrust of my efforts going forward.

  • Zola rolls her eyes -_-

<Xandhil> -_-

<Xandhil> anyone else?

<Xandhil> I'm sorry I don't have better news

<Zola> I don't have any secret sex contacts, no :(

<Aubrienne> I have some ideas, but it seems Hugo has the most...direct contact.

<Xandhil> well, maybe it comes down to performance after all :p

<Hugonel> Is any of what we've talked about here something that we wouldn't want Linthira to know?

<Xandhil> Probably, but it's hard to know exactly what without having any idea what her agenda is

  • Hugonel nods.

<Xandhil> I woudl definitely not recommend talking to her on your own

<Zola> Yes, Hugo, that sounds like good advice :|

<Hugonel> I'm going to talk to my source, and no further.

<Hugonel> I'll be careful - it's clear that a misstep at this point would be far worse than saying nothing at all.

  • Xandhil nods in agreement
  • Zola will stick around to see if she can find anything about Suli in the books >_>

Hettie and Nycki finalize a sperm donation deal with Ander

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, Ander would like to talk with you and Nycki. He'll ask if you can meet somewhere other than the club, though - say, a quiet cafe in the afternoon.

  • Hettienne is fine with that
  • Nycki will go along with you
  • Ander will be waiting there when you arrive. There are a few other customers, but it's pretty quiet.
  • Hettienne settles into a seat across from him.

<Hettienne> Afternoon...

<Ander> Ladies.

  • Ander says with a polite nod

<Ander> How's things?

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Hettienne> Aright... chilly I guess.

<Nycki> colder'n a witch's tit :p

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Well... I guess let's get down to brass tacks, then.

<Ander> I got a few questions 'bout your ... proposal.

  • Hettienne shifts in her seat, trying to hide her nerves.

<Hettienne> Shoot.

<Ander> Well, first thing, just so we're clear - I know you said you ain't lookin' for a daddy, but what would it involve other'n the, ah, initial donation? Like... you ain't lookin' for money, or for me to sign my name to anythin' or what have you?

<Hettienne> Right.

<Hettienne> We want a family to be our own, y'know?

<Nycki> Yeah, we wouldn't expect anything like that.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> What if I wanted to ... at least sorta keep up on how things were with the little one?

  • Hettienne exchanges a look with Nycki.

<Hettienne> Like how d'you mean?

<Ander> Well, say... a visit every now'n then, just to see 'em. Not to be their dad, or even like... an uncle or whatever. Just as ah, a friend, I guess.

<Hettienne> Well... That'd be alright by me...Nyck?

<Nycki> Yeah, I don't see why not.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> I just feel sorta weird 'bout the idea of a kid of mine out there an' not even knowin' how they're doin'.

<Hettienne> That's fair.

<Ander> An', well... maybe we could figure out somethin' where we could bring the kid to see my grandma, assumin' she's still around.

<Ander> She's real set on my havin' kids, no matter how I try an' say that ain't likely.

<Ander> It'd make her real happy to know there was one, even if she don't gotta know all the details

<Nycki> Wouldn't takin' it to see your grandma also mean takin' it to see your mam an' the rest of your family? >.>

<Ander> If you ain't okay with that, we could prolly work out somethin' just to see her.

<Nycki> How would you explain it to her?

<Ander> Ah, Baba ain't all with it these days - if I just said somethin' like that, I dunno, there was a baby but I weren't together with the kid's ma, she'd prolly get that.

  • Hettienne nods...

<Ander> An' to be honest, she might forget it in fifteen minutes anyway.

  • Hettienne squeezes Nycki's hand.

<Hettienne> It's your call, babe.

<Nycki> If it didn't haveta bring the rest of your family in on it, then... I guess that'd be okay, for the old lady to get a visit or whatever.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Then, I guess, like... there's the mechanics of it >.>

  • Ander says more awkwardly

<Ander> I don't wanna haveta send a courier off runnin' through the streets with that particular delivery

<Ander> But my own place ain't big enough for, ah, that kinda privacy for everyone involved.

<Nycki> Well, my place's gotta couple spare rooms.

<Hettienne> Yeah, and no one else about.

<Nycki> If that'd do.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> You know me an' Ralf - we got a, a thing goin' on. I'd need him there.

  • Hettienne raises an eyebrow

<Hettienne> No I didn't, but that's fine

<Nycki> you can't do it on your own?

<Ander> I... might need the moral support.

<Ander> This whole sorta thing... sex, whatever you wanna call it... ain't real easy for me. It might take some doin'.

  • Ander admits

<Nycki> Well, shit, however it works for you I guess. You wanna dress up like a princess an' get spanked, I don't much care - it's just the end result that matters.

<Hettienne> >.>

<Ander> Ah... thanks, I guess.

<Ander> I... well.

  • Ander sips his coffee, trying to think what to say.

<Hettienne> We really appreciate that you're givin' this serious thought.

<Ander> Honestly, even though it was kinda a shock, the more I thought on it, the more it seemed like maybe this was a good opportunity.

<Ander> For doin' somethin' to carry on the family line, in a way, even if I ain't gonna get married.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Ander> An' I know you'd be good parents. Denise always says how great you are, Hettie.

<Ander> That's another thing I guess - would you wanna tell Denise?

<Hettienne> Well... I dunno, to be honest. I been thinkin' about it.

<Hettienne> She's real real keen on you. An' I'm not sure if she'd be able to separate you from bein' the kid's dad, y'know?

<Ander> That part, I figure, it's up to you two. If you want me to keep my mouth shut 'bout it with her, I can.

<Ander> I guess the only thing I wonder is if she'd be hurt if somehow she did find out, an' we never told her.

<Hettienne> Yeah. Me too.

<Hettienne> Like I said, I ain't decided yet. :/

  • Ander nods

<Ander> well... maybe that can wait until we see if it works.

<Ander> if nothin' happens, you don't gotta tell her nothin'.

<Nycki> So... 's that a yes?

<Ander> Yeah.

  • Nycki smiles, turning to you
  • Hettienne beams.

<Hettienne> Ander... thank you so much ;_;

<Ander> Hey.. aw. it's okay.

<Ander> You just tell me when I gotta be there, I guess.

  • Nycki nods, squeezing your hand tight

<Nycki> We'll let you know.

<Nycki> Thank you.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> I guess we'll talk soon, then.

  • Nycki gives you a hug and kiss once we're out of there, Hettie
  • Hettienne gives you a big squeeze back.

<Hettienne> IT's really gonna happen! :D

<Nycki> I sure hope so :)

Genevriel learns a little about the One from Karala and Xandhil

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you have your questions prepared for Karala - you can visit her at the Orecalo home when you're ready to ask them.

  • Genevriel will make an appointment to do so, and then head over for the appointed day/time.
  • Genevriel is nervous and craving a drink to steady her.

<DiablotinNarrator> If you want to bring a friend, you could do that

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra or August or Madds, if you need some moral support.

  • Genevriel chose not to bring a friend, in case an answer is really bad.
  • Genevriel wants to be able to process things herself and decide what to share if anything.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Genevriel absentmindedly slips a full flask into her pocket; something she hasn't done in a while, then makes her way by bus and on foot to the Orecalo residence, where she will ring a bell or knock.

<DiablotinNarrator> Arek can let you in and Karala is waiting in the study.

<Karala> Good day, Genevriel.

<Genevriel> Good day.

<Genevriel> How are you, Karala? Has your visit been pleasant?

<Karala> It's been very good to see people again - the weather has not been so pleasant, though.

  • Karala says with a bit of a smile.

<Genevriel> True, that.

<Genevriel> When will you be returning home?

<Karala> I'm not quite certain. The travel will be quite easy, so I suppose it can be whenever I'm ready.

  • Genevriel nods...

<Genevriel> Do you teleport?

  • Genevriel tries to figure out how travel is easy, because for her it's hard.

<Karala> No, but having a friend who does is quite useful.

<Genevriel> Of course.

  • Genevriel smiles a little.
  • Karala smiles back

<Karala> Are you prepared for me to cast the spell?

  • Genevriel nods, though there is a bit of hesitation in her manner. Chalk it up to nerves.

<Genevriel> How does it work?

<Genevriel> Do I tell you my questions and you ask?

<Genevriel> Or do you cast the spell and I ask?

<Karala> I will need to maintain my concentration during the spell, so it's easier if you can tell the questions to me beforehand, or write them down.

  • Genevriel hands her a slip of paper on which she has the questions written down, then.

<Karala> Thank you.

  • Karala looks them over

<Genevriel> They're not in the right person for you, I'm afraid. Should I make some quick edits?

<Karala> It's all right.

<Karala> I'll cast the spell, which takes about ten minutes. Then I will ask the questions, and the answer to each one will come through immediately, and I'll say it aloud so that you know what I've heard.

<Genevriel> All right.

<Genevriel> Is there anything I should do other than be quiet and still?

<Karala> I should warn you - the powers I'll be contacting are capable of deception, or of not knowing the answer to things.

<Karala> If I receive an answer that they don't know, I'll tell you that, but if they elect to lie, I will not know the difference.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> (And using SM won't help me b/c I don't hear the entity's answer, right?)

<Genevriel> (Not directly, anyway)

<Karala> (I'm not sure how you would sense motive on an entity you can't see or understand)

<Genevriel> (yeah, that too, fair)

<Karala> There are possible side-effects for me, if I'm not mentally strong enough for the contact. Please don't be afraid if this happens - it will be unpleasant for me for a little while, but if you get Professor Orecalo, he is prepared for this eventuality.

<Genevriel> I have some small healing ability, myself. Is there anything I might do to help?

<Karala> I don't know, but most likely not. It would require more powerful magic.

<Genevriel> All right.

<Genevriel> I will fetch M. Orecalo if you seem distressed.

  • Karala nods

<Karala> All right - if you're ready, I will begin casting the spell.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Karala makes herself comfortable closes her eyes and will begin a steady low murmuring chant
  • Karala continues this for about ten minutes, as she said

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 18 ].

<Karala> Is the entity Genevriel calls The One a single entity?

<Karala> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Karala: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 80 ].

<Karala> No.

<Karala> Is the entity Genevriel calls The One good, evil, or neutral?

<Karala> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Karala: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 22 ].

<Karala> Yes.

<Karala> Of the following three options, which best describes the entity Genevriel calls The One: A new power; an old power; or neither?

<Karala> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Karala: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 31 ].

<Karala> Old.

<Karala> Is the star at the Centre of the Wheel an aspect or a representation of the entity Genevriel calls The One?

<Karala> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Karala: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 21 ].

<Karala> Yes.

<Karala> Do the lines "You are the instrument; We are the song/ You are the brush; We are the colours/ You are the fuel; We are the fire/ You are the harvest; We are the seed" mean that Genevriel will be called upon to sacrifice herself for The One in the future?

<Karala> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for Karala: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 3 ].

<Karala> Maybe.

  • Karala brings herself around from her spell, seeming a bit tired but okay.

<Genevriel> Are you well?

<Karala> I'm all right.

<Karala> How are you?

<Genevriel> No better or worse off than I was.

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.

<Karala> well... that's good, then.

<Genevriel> There was a strange answer, though. Perhaps you can help me interpret it?

<Karala> I can try.

<Genevriel> The entity said "Yes" to the question about whether The One is good, evil, or neutral... which doesn't actually answer the question.

<Genevriel> If it was all three, which is a possibility, should the answer have been "all"?

<Karala> It also said that the entity was not a single entity, though. Perhaps if it's composed of different entities, then all of those answers can apply at once.

  • Genevriel nods thoughtfully.
  • Genevriel remains a little dissatisfied, but nothing can be done about that! :)

<Karala> Would it be all right with you if these answers are shared with Professor Orecalo?

<Genevriel> May I be in attendance when you share them with him?

<Karala> Yes, certainly.

<Genevriel> Then, yes.

  • Karala speaks for San, because if he said you couldn't be there, she just wouldn't tell him ;)

<Genevriel> Do you wish to do that now?

<Karala> I believe he's out at the moment, but if you want to remain until he comes back, I'm sure that would be fine.

<Genevriel> Do you know when he'll be back?

<Karala> I think he is teaching for another hour, he should be back after that - unless he decides to go to the library. Then, who can say?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I could wait for an hour or so to see if he returns. But if not then I will need to get to my work.

  • Karala nods

<Karala> Please, then, make yourself comfortable. If you want to read, you can help yourself to any of the books in this room. I am going to have some tea, if you'd care for a cup.

<Genevriel> Thank you, that is kind.

  • Genevriel agrees to some tea.
  • Karala will get you some, then, and give you some peace and quiet otherwise.
  • Genevriel is also grateful that she won't have to make awkward conversation for an hour, so she promptly finds a book to read.
  • Xandhil comes into the library, carrying a small stack of books

<Xandhil> oh - sorry

  • Karala looks up with a smile

<Karala> Ah, you're back :)

  • Xandhil smiles at her
  • Genevriel has been reading a book and sipping her tea which she surreptitiously spiked when Karala wasn't looking.

<Xandhil> a few days ago, yeah - it's been busy @_@

<Karala> Did you have a good trip?

<Xandhil> It was good to see my friends

<Xandhil> But I'm probably one of the few people who can say they've spent any time somewhere colder than the city in the last few weeks.

<Karala> So you've come back here to warm up?

  • Genevriel stays politely quiet since you two are catching up with one another and it would be uncouth to break in to your conversation.

<Xandhil> Lets just say I'm looking forward to taking you back to Psyra ;)

  • Karala smiles

<Karala> You should stay for a few days if you have the time.

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> thanks.

<Xandhil> we'll see how things are goign though

<Karala> of course

<Karala> Oh - I don't know if you've met Genevriel?

  • Karala says, nodding to the other guest
  • Xandhil looks over
  • Genevriel smiles pleasantly.

<Xandhil> No, sorry. Nice to meet you.

<Genevriel> Hello. You must be M. Orecalo's son, Xandhil?

<Xandhil> that's me, yes.

  • Xandhil looks a lot like his father, but is a little taller and less frail looking
  • Xandhil 's hair is a lighter blond, and is long and tied back less formally

<Genevriel> You do look a lot like him. You probably hate hearing that, though, if you're anything like my little brother.

<Xandhil> Sorry, there's been so many strangers around here recently, I can't keep track of them all.

  • Xandhil shrugs at that

<Xandhil> I don't mind.

  • Genevriel smiles a little.

<Xandhil> Are you here to see Eirlys?

<Genevriel> No...? Who's that?

<Genevriel> I came to see Karala.

<Xandhil> oh! Never mind then, I'm sorry.

<Xandhil> Eirlys is... another guest >.>

  • Genevriel does have something of a Psyrene accent, actually.

<Genevriel> Ah.

<Genevriel> Karala and I are just waiting to confer with your father, and hoping he comes home on time.

<Xandhil> oh - right, he said he was working on some kind of new research with someone

<Xandhil> How's that going?

  • Xandhil asks curiously

<Genevriel> Slower than I'd like.

<Genevriel> But I suppose anything worth knowing is worth taking the time to know it.

<Karala> Well, we did a divination this afternoon, and are hoping that he might have some insight into the results, or at least that they might help with his further research.

  • Xandhil gives Gen a sympathetic look

<Xandhil> well that sounds interesting at least

<Xandhil> I know how vague those sorts of things ca be

<Xandhil> they don't always make sense until after the point where it would be useful

  • Genevriel nods, a bit sadly perhaps.

<Karala> I'm just glad Genevriel didn't have to run to find your father because I'd been struck senseless.

<Genevriel> Yes, I'm thankful that you suffered no ill effects, as well.

<Xandhil> well especially if he'd been teaching.... though I suppose dad culd have gotten him

  • Karala nods

<Karala> And then the students might have had an afternoon off, I suppose :)

<Xandhil> You are ever an optimist

<Xandhil> is there anything I can help with, maybe?

<Xandhil> or, I don't suppose either of know know much about trees >.>

  • Genevriel perks up a little at the mention of trees.

<Karala> About trees?

<Xandhil> ways to keep them from growing as quickly, I suppose :p

<Genevriel> Deprive them of nutrients and sunlight and water, mainly.

<Xandhil> Hmm

<Xandhil> that's worth thinking about, thanks

<Genevriel> You're welcome.

<Genevriel> Why do you wish to hamper the growth of trees, though?

  • Genevriel asks curiously.
  • Xandhil sighs, looking tired

<Xandhil> It's.... find of a long story

<Xandhil> The short version is because they're dangerous

<Genevriel> Oh. Do these trees have something to do with the fey?

<Xandhil> yes - the ones in the Shade . Are you familiar?

<Genevriel> Somewhat. Mlle. Scales and others of my acquaintance have been looking into them.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Well.... then the slightly longer version is that when that gate is finished growing it will open, and we don't actually know where it goes and what might be waiting on the other side

<Genevriel> Isn't it the fungus that's the greater concern, though?

<Xandhil> They're connected

<Genevriel> Related as in one is infecting the other, no?

<Genevriel> Have you looked into fungicides?

<Xandhil> It's more complicated than that, I think

<Genevriel> Yes, probably.

<Xandhil> I don't think it is a matter of there having been healthy trees and then they became blighted

<Xandhil> But I don't really know

<Xandhil> I do know that the longer we have before the gate opens, the more time we have to figure it out

<Genevriel> My pomological skills are rusty but maybe I should get some samples...

  • Genevriel muses aloud.

<Xandhil> well, be careful, if you do

<Genevriel> Of course. I dislike the fungi a lot. They don't sit right with me.

<Xandhil> they're evil

<Genevriel> Yes.

<Xandhil> anyway, if you find anything out, I'd love to know about it - as would Lathra and the others, I'm sure

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> A favour for a favour?

<Xandhil> Hmm?

<Genevriel> I understand that you know something about Bralani. Would information I can discover about the trees be a suitable trade for what you can tell me about bralani?

  • Xandhil blinks

<Xandhil> The Bralani?

<Xandhil> What do you want to know about them?

<Genevriel> Well... whether they might somehow be related to an entity I call The One, primarily.

  • Xandhil blinks

<Xandhil> huh

<Xandhil> I guess I'd have to know more about it to say, really

<Xandhil> I mean

<Xandhil> it depends what your are referring to...

  • Xandhil looks like he is thinking something through

<Genevriel> I wish I knew, myself.

<Xandhil> You said you are working with my father?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Karala> Well.. it is related to the divination we did - but it would be up to Genevriel if she wants to discuss those results.

<Genevriel> He's the one who suggested I ask you about the Bralani.

<Xandhil> He'd asked me a while ago if I'd ever read about something called The One

<Xandhil> I hadn't at the time...

<Genevriel> He was being discrete, at my request.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> well

<Xandhil> If you want to look in to those trees and share what you find - especially if you can think of some way to deprive them of sun or nutrients or water...

<Xandhil> Honestly, I was planning on telling my father abotu this anyway, and I expect it'd get back to you anyway

<Genevriel> (Do auntie and uncle have a greenhouse or a solarium, by any chance?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (they could have a solarium :)

<Genevriel> (Hope they don't mind having it taken over by Gen and creepy tree cuttings)

<DiablotinNarrator> (what they don't know about can't hurt them? ;)

  • Xandhil will set his books down for the moment and sit

<Xandhil> The Bralani are celestails - the Austvagoy consider them to be ancestors of the elves, and all the ones I've talked to seem to support that relationship

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Have modern elves had any contact with them, do you know?

<Xandhil> the Austvagoy do, yes

<Xandhil> they communicate with them regularly through their Shamans

<Xandhil> they can visit with them in the first world through a form of astral projection

<Genevriel> So it seems unlikely that the Bralani would be seeking access to this world through someone non-elven.

  • Genevriel sounds rather relieved.

<Xandhil> right

<Xandhil> But as for the One...

<Xandhil> I was talking to one of the Bralani on my trip

<Genevriel> Oh?

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Or... no, wait, it wasn't him, it was Feoras...

<Xandhil> Sorry, it's been a long few days

<Xandhil> anyway

<Xandhil> we were talking about the origins of the elves and the Shadar-kai

<Xandhil> The were made by very old gods

<Xandhil> they had a common ancestor

<Genevriel> Oh...?

<Xandhil> and sort of... drifted apart through thrie own interets and experiences, as far as I understand it

<Xandhil> There was some kind of schism. the Bralani didn't want to talk about it

<Xandhil> but before that happened.... there was no death, no time the way we understand it.

<Xandhil> the way Feoras said it.... everything was one

<Xandhil> I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it, so I'm sprry if it isn't clear

<Genevriel> Everything still is One, I think.

<Xandhil> maybe, not in the same way though

<Xandhil> I would love to know what happened @_@

<Xandhil> that schism enabled, some how, the creation and rise of Serpent

<Xandhil> so these other gods, and this one-ness, predate it.

<Xandhil> I think it predates the divsion of...well, at least the inner planes, in some ways

<Genevriel> Well, that would seem to confirm the answer to one of the questions Karala asked on my behalf.

<Xandhil> oh?

<Genevriel> I don't really know anything about the One, but since Serpent's return, my understanding is that the Court of Stars has been very much changed. So I wasn't sure if the One might have been an old power or something new trying to establish itself.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Vilkis implied thatv the old gods abandoned the people they'd created, but I think he might have been a ittle biased on that front

<Genevriel> Or maybe not; it's been a long time. Time enough to change one's thoughts, I should think.

<Xandhil> maybe

<Xandhil> I'm not really sure how beings who predate...the existence of time... experience it @_@

<Genevriel> True. Another truth is that I am neither elf nor Shadar-kai, so that is a puzzle to work on.

<Xandhil> I think those bridges were burned a long time ago

<Xandhil> Neither the elves or ths shadar-kai are particularly keen on gods at all, for the most part

<Xandhil> though the relationship with serpent and the shadar-kai might be pretty interesting

  • Genevriel nods.

<Xandhil> so - they

<Xandhil> reached out to you some how?

<Genevriel> Possibly. Or perhaps it was I who reached out to them. It may have been mutual. Or perhaps no one reached out to anyone, because we're all One, anyway?

<Genevriel> I don't know. It's confusing.

  • Genevriel looks somewhat unhappy.
  • Xandhil looks sympathetic

<Xandhil> Gods tend to be, in my experience

  • Genevriel nods and sips her tea.

Solos

Aubrienne reads Zola's future love life in the cards

<Zola> premise... at the club a couple days after the party?

<Aubrienne> Sure

  • Zola can do a run down of romance events or we can say that has happened in spurts throughout the day and you're coming to ask me to do a reading

<Zola> Or I suppose youcould ask me about my lovelife with the cards in your pocket fully intending to ask me to do a reading after :P

<Aubrienne> Well, Aubrienne does have them on her a lot of the time...

<Zola> So maybe we're just doing some after work drinkin' :3

<Zola> (or before work, or during...)

<Aubrienne> Works for me. In media res, then?

<Zola> Yes, now that I have googled what that means

<Aubrienne> heh

<Zola> .oO( Is that where the band sleeps? )

<Curtana_work> you're meeting in the media res...taurant.

<Zola> .oO( Is that where we eat the band? )

<Aubrienne> It's where all the radio stars go.

<Zola> Why has no one told me? D:

<Aubrienne> Also, newspaper reporters

<Zola> I'm to be a media star soon!

<Aubrienne> Hopefully me too! On a longer timeframe...

<Zola> .oO( Are we in character? )

  • Zola sips her cherry bomb and leaves that question to poor Ceiridwen.

<Aubrienne> (Okay, now I will be)

<Aubrienne> I can sympathize with the whole juggling schedules and whatnot, the logistics of seeing several people, but I've never found it as...problematic as it seems to have been for you so far.

<Aubrienne> Maybe you should date more shadar-kai. ;)

<Zola> Well, I didn't have any problems at first...

<Zola> Bright's not going to add any complications to that sort of arrangement, but I started to wonder where things were going with Noren...

<Aubrienne> Where do you want them to go?

<Zola> Well, I'd like things to keep going...

<Zola> ... it's just that he has a bit of an end goal in mind...

<Aubrienne> Whereas you're fine with the journey?

<Zola> Well, that would be a journey too... it's just a little bit more pedestrian than I'd imagined?

<Zola> It's not like it's a bad plan...

<Aubrienne> You know it's okay if it's not for you, right?

  • Zola sounds a little wistful. "Married with a summer house on the beach and maybe even kids someday?"

<Zola> What if it ... or something like it... IS right for me?

<Aubrienne> It's a big question. Certainly something to think about.

<Aubrienne> There are ways to get some advice...

<Zola> I'm not sure thinking about it helps me very much, it seems like it's just been getting me into trouble -_-

  • Aubrienne will mage hand her cards out of her jacket and waggle them at Zola
  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Sure, why not. They can't get me any more conflustered than I already am.

<Aubrienne> :D

  • Aubrienne will clear a space on the table
  • Zola rambles while she gets it all set up.

<Aubrienne> Sidle up; maybe we can find the answer that wasn't at the bottom of the bottle. ;)

<Zola> Hey, I leave a little at the bottom for the next folks :)

<Aubrienne> Not that I'm opposed to continuing that search as well.

  • Zola squidges forward in her seat

<Zola> You know, I thought maybe we could try visiting the shadar-kai club to push his envelope a little, but he's thinking of running for a seat on the Council... so he probably has to behave :(

<Aubrienne> Well, they can be pretty discreet, Zo'.

<Aubrienne> And there are plenty who I'm sure would be happy to push his envelope, if he likes.

<Zola> Might not be discreet enough for what I was hoping to get him into :P

<Aubrienne> Or into him? ;)

<Zola> Hah

<Zola> He's not much for that :P

<Aubrienne> So, what's your specific question?

<Zola> Hmmm.

  • Aubrienne will make a show of shuffling while you mull it over.

<Zola> Well, I ... I want us to be together, but I want to explore what else life and love have to offer...

  • Zola frowns

<Zola> But I guess I shouldn't ask if it'll last forever and ever... because it doesn't have to, to be worthwhile for us...

<Aubrienne> Ask if it will make you both happy, maybe? Something like that?

<Zola> How about... can I do two things? Like, will it make us both happy for a while, and do we have the marbles between us to exit gracefully if it isn't working out?

  • Zola scowls a little.

<Zola> I just don't want it to end badly.

<Aubrienne> Hmm. I could do two readings, if you like.

<Aubrienne> So as not to murk it up.

<Aubrienne> Those are definitely distinct questions. The answer to the first might answer the second, depending on what the cards have to say. :/

<Zola> I'm pretty sure that's not how divinations work... isn't two readings TWICE the murk? :D

<Zola> OK...

<Aubrienne> Okay, so, this is definitely a question for the suit of crowns...

<Zola> Will we be happy together for a meaningful while.

  • Zola forms her First Question.
  • Aubrienne shuffles a bit, then comes up with nine cards fanned out in her hand, backs to Zola

<Aubrienne> Pick one

<Aubrienne> (Roll, maybe, or however you want to pick a random card. I can just draw)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d9 ] getting [ 7 ]

<Aubrienne> Oh balls.

<Zola> :/

<Aubrienne> Speaking of murk...

<Zola> Well... what?

<Aubrienne> 9irzig.jpg

<Aubrienne> The Twins.

<Aubrienne> Twin, rather.

<Zola> So there's only one of them?

<Aubrienne> Appropriately, it means indecision.

<Aubrienne> But it can also mean that the whole reading will have some kind of hidden meaning.

<Zola> I was thinking it meant an abundance of pleasures :|

<Aubrienne> Heh

<Aubrienne> Sadly, no.

<Aubrienne> But it does seem appropriate here, it's just a bitch of a card to deal with.

<Aubrienne> Okay, now for the real spread.

<Zola> Next time take that one out :P

<Aubrienne> Well, it's the card that represents you in this current question, so I think it's right on. :/

<Zola> I guess so...

  • Aubrienne begins shuffling again

<Aubrienne> (Josh's shuffling takes a bit longer than Aubrienne's magically-assisted shuffling ;))

  • Aubrienne will lay out nine cards in a 3X3 grid, face down

<Aubrienne> Well, here we go.

  • Zola pulls out a cigarette and lights it

<Zola> It's been a while since you've done one of these...

<Zola> You'll have to remind me.

<Aubrienne> So, these three represent your past as relates to this question.

<Zola> The twin again?

<Zola> Is that a demon baby? D:

<Aubrienne> The good {pointing to the top card, the Twin], the unclear {pointing to the middle, the Midwife], and the bad {pointing to the bottom, the Cricket]

<Aubrienne> Yes, but it's a metaphor. It's a baby, it's not really anything yet.

<Aubrienne> It could be good or bad.

<Aubrienne> :)

  • Zola looks dubious

<Aubrienne> And the Twin showing up here means your past is pretty significant.

<Aubrienne> You have a history with Noren, and, while complicated, it's mostly good.

<Aubrienne> The Cricket...well, basically means you've had one version of this journey before, that didn't exactly turn out well.

<Aubrienne> I think it's there as a warning.

<Zola> What's the key mean?

<Aubrienne> Be mindful of your past, but don't let it control you. With the Midwife where it is, I think it means you have a chance of making something new with Noren.

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's just the suit.

<Aubrienne> The Cricket is from the suit of keys.

<Zola> Oh ok.

<Aubrienne> Like the Twin is from Crowns and the Midwife is from Stars.

<Zola> Haft likes to collect them, you know?

<Zola> Old keys.

<Aubrienne> Or Wheels, depending on who you ask.

<Aubrienne> Really? Why?

<Zola> It's a hobby?

<Aubrienne> Fair enough. I was just wondering if they were significant to him somehow, but I guess everyone has hobbies.

  • Aubrienne gestures to her cards and smiles

<Zola> Well, he said each is was created to keep something safe... so I think maybe they are special to him...

<Zola> But I don't think he's that influential in my past >_>

<Aubrienne> Well, like I said, it's just the suit.

<Aubrienne> It doesn't mean much here.

<Aubrienne> Though that's sweet, the being created to keep something safe thing.

  • Zola nods

<Zola> :3

<Aubrienne> Okay, so, next we have the present.

  • Aubrienne flips over the middle column of cards, revealing VWyvDF8.jpg , wiwzyh.jpg , and 28400.jpg

<Zola> Are you sure that demon baby isn't a bad thing?

<Aubrienne> Not where it is.

  • Zola still looks a little dubious as she takes a drag from her cigarette

<Aubrienne> If it had been in the bad row, it, well, would have been bad.

<Aubrienne> That said, this column isn't exactly peachy.

<Aubrienne> But it's just the present.

  • Aubrienne points to the middle card.

<Aubrienne> This is the important one here. This represents the work you two are doing now, to figure out what you want for and from each other.

<Aubrienne> It might be difficult, but it can ultimately be for the better.

<Zola> I thought the first one was the present.

<Zola> No that was the past >_>

<Aubrienne> Yeah. Past, present, future.

<Aubrienne> How drunk are you right now? ;)

<Zola> Not very :P

<Aubrienne> The bad here [points to the bottom card, the Lost] is a warning not to lose sight of yourself in this.

<Aubrienne> It might be easy to compromise bits of yourself and lose it, one piece at a time.

<Zola> Ok...

<Zola> Because then I might not really be happy?

<Aubrienne> The good, however, {points to the top card, the Brass Dwarf] says this is a situation you're well-suited to, and I'm pretty sure you have a good grasp of who you are and want to be.

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Zola> And the ... troll thing?

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's the work I was talking about. It's just the general situation right now, trying to figure things out.

<Zola> (Whoops, missed that one)

<Zola> Oh right

<Zola> Sorry >_>

<Aubrienne> No problem. :)

<Aubrienne> And now the one you really want to know...

<Aubrienne> Oh, one of my favorites, and in not a bad place for once.

  • Aubrienne points to the top card, the Rakshasa

<Zola> Your favourite is a demonic alligator?

<Aubrienne> He's just so dapper. :D

<Zola> -_-

<Zola> Yes, I suppose he is.

<Aubrienne> This is, admittedly, a little strange set for you future.

<Zola> Do I turn into an alligator?

<Aubrienne> I don't *think* so.

<Aubrienne> :p

<Aubrienne> But this [points to top card], where it is...it means breaking free of shackles

<Zola> What shackles?

<Aubrienne> I'm not sure.

<Aubrienne> I think...

<Aubrienne> Damn the Twin card.

<Aubrienne> So, this card [the second future card, the Wanderer] means finding value in something others disregard.

<Aubrienne> And this [points to third future card, the Locksmith] means finding the solution to a problem

<Aubrienne> With the Twin being your role, and the Rakshasa where it is...

<Zola> It's in the bad spot, right? The Locksmith?

<Zola> Does that mean teh solution won't be found or... ?

<Aubrienne> It is, but it's not strongly aligned there.

<Aubrienne> Void! I think this whole thing hasn't been about you at all.

<Aubrienne> Or, rather, it hasn't been just about you.

<Aubrienne> It's about Noren, too.

<Aubrienne> I mean, I know it was to begin with.

<Aubrienne> But moreso.

<Aubrienne> I think this means you need to help him find out if his goal is what he really wants, or just what he thinks he wants, if that makes sense.

<Zola> I guess... is it supposed to just do that?

<Aubrienne> It can. Like I said, the Twin is tricky.

<Zola> I tried that though... but it was awful!

<Aubrienne> Well, I think it's going to be work {points to Teamster card in the middle], but you do have the key {points to bottom right card, the Locksmith}.

<Zola> I can't keep doubting what he says he feels... not after the other night _>

<Aubrienne> *shrug*

<Aubrienne> Or I could be a drunk charlatan, Zola, dear.

<Aubrienne> What do you mean

<Aubrienne> ?

<Zola> Well we both know that's true, but you never know >_>

<Aubrienne> (I forget; what happened?)

<Zola> I ... egged him on a little...

<Zola> I guess it started with me saying "Maybe we need to have a fight."

<Zola> I wanted him to be honest about what he felt about me not 'settling down'.

<Aubrienne> And?

<Zola> And he told me that he'll tell me if he has a problem? And... he thought I was doubting his love :/

<Aubrienne> Sounds like you have some expectations you may need to work through too.

  • Aubrienne taps the Teamster card with an annoyingly knowing look

<Zola> Maybe?

<Zola> It's hard to think that it'll all work out OK.

<Zola> What I want isn't... exactly common.

<Zola> Not officially at least.

<Aubrienne> I'm not sure I grant the premise, but even if that's true, who cares?

<Aubrienne> I've never known you to be someone to settle for the common.

<Zola> Well, it'd make me pretty lucky for have fallen for someone who'd later roll back into town and turn out to be able to help me get it >_>

<Aubrienne> Lucky...or fated?

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Maybe.

  • Aubrienne says the last bit in a jokingly mystical accent, waving her arms over the cards.

<Zola> Maybe I should just have more faith.

<Aubrienne> Just be honest. Tell him what you want, stand up for it, listen to what he wants, compromise as best you can.

  • Zola nods

<Aubrienne> Well, I think we can all use more faith from time to time.

<Zola> You know, maybe if I put my Hat of Disguise on him, the Penumbra's an option after all...

<Zola> :P

  • Aubrienne laughs

<Zola> So you think that maybe all together this reading's pretty alright?

<Zola> Nothing a little elbow grease can't fix?

<Aubrienne> Pretty much.

<Aubrienne> I wouldn't worry too much about it. It seems like you're on a good track.

<Zola> Hopefully...

<Zola> Should we even do another?

<Aubrienne> Seems this one answered most of what you needed.

<Aubrienne> Besides, I think you have enough to mull over.

<Zola> True.

<Aubrienne> But not right now. Drink up. Thinking seems to be your problem right now, and that we can fix! :D

  • Zola laughs
  • Zola takes an immoderate drink of her cherrybomb, finishing it off.

<Zola> Aww :(

<Aubrienne> I'm sure we can conjure up another. ;)

  • Aubrienne will stand up, offer an arm to Zola, and head to the bar.
  • Zola follows.

<Zola> It's a shame Mage Hand doesn't have the dexterity to mix drinks >_>

Nycki and Hettie discuss living arrangements

<Nycki> maybe Hettie feels like ass too, and Nycki has to take care of her ;)

<Hettienne> migraine, bees about to start, and Ian forgot my coke

<BalthCat> divorce proceedings imminent

<Nycki> Sugar, you look like shit, you need to get in bed. And I ain't just sayin' that to get you in bed.

<Nycki> ;)

<Hettienne> Ugh. The chorus girls would not shut the fuck up tonight

<Hettienne> Whinin' about how their costumes don't fit when it's them who can't stay off the damn croissants

<Nycki> ugh :/

<Nycki> you wanna drink or anythin'? I could make you some tea or somethin'

<Hettienne> One of the dilly cunts tripped dancin' off the stage, bloodied her nose and got it all over her dress... ugh...

<Hettienne> Maybe somethin' stronger >.>

<Nycki> got it, babe

<Nycki> you just lie back an' relax

  • Hettienne sinks into the couch.
  • Nycki will pour you a whiskey
  • Nycki comes back to join you, and will get you to scootch up so she can put your head in her lap

<Nycki> there ya go

<Hettienne> thanks babe

  • Hettienne sighs.

<Hettienne> Sorry I'm such a grump tonight.

<Nycki> ah, it sounds like it was a bitch

<Nycki> only fair you get to be one too

  • Nycki kisses your forehead

<Nycki> you want me to stick around? I got a change of clothes here, I don't gotta go home 'fore work tomorrow.

<Hettienne> Hell yeah.

<Hettienne> You ain't even gotta ask...

<Nycki> well, I dunno, might be you just want peace an' quiet...

<Hettienne> Nah... I just don't wanna be around idiots.

<Hettienne> ;)

  • Nycki smiles

<Nycki> gonna be pretty different when there's a baby, I guess

<Nycki> gotta save up on the peace an' quiet now

<Hettienne> Oh my gods yes...

<Hettienne> Y'know, I been thinkin' though, seein' as we're gonna be having a kid, should we think about, y'know, living arrangements?

<Nycki> oh...

<Nycki> yeah, I guess so

<Nycki> I dunno what you think's best

<Hettienne> It ain't just up to me.

<Nycki> well.

<Nycki> you got a real nice place here, an' you've done a lot to make it like... home.

<Nycki> My place, it's really just someplace to sleep, you know?

<Nycki> It's nice enough, but I never spent too much time there for it to feel like someplace for havin' a family.

<Hettienne> Yeah, you said that before...

<Nycki> I mean, if you wanna move in there, maybe it'd be different if it weren't just me

<Hettienne> Well, if you wanna move in here, that'd be aces. :3

<Nycki> if I sold my place, we'd get a pretty good chunk of change for it

<Hettienne> Denise is makin' noises like she might shack up with that boy of hers, too.

<Nycki> heh - she's over there enough ^-^

<Hettienne> Exactly!

<Nycki> so if she did, her room could be the baby's room?

<Hettienne> That's what I'm thinkin'...

<Nycki> well, she'd have a while to figure it out

<Nycki> least nine months :)

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Nycki> but I'd wanna be here for you if you was knocked up... so's I could take care of you an' all.

<Hettienne> And I'd wanna take care of you if you're the one who gers lucky :3

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> you're gonna give it a go first, though, right?

<Hettienne> I guess...!

<Nycki> I'm kinda nervous 'bout it... but like, not so much I don't wanna do it

<Hettienne> I think that's pretty normal... I mean, me too!

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> I guess everyone is

<Nycki> even Ander ;p

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Hettienne> Poor Ander.

<Hettienne> I feel a little bad for 'im. But like you said, not so much I ain't gonna go on with this :v

<Nycki> well, he coulda said no, if he didn't think he could do it

  • Hettienne nods

<Nycki> an' he'll have his little friend there to help out, heh.

<Nycki> right hand man

  • Nycki snickers
  • Hettienne too.
  • Nycki strokes your hair
  • Hettienne is feeling much more relaxed now.

<Nycki> well, I won't jump on sellin' my place just yet - seems like we need it for doin' the business at least for a little while :)

<Hettienne> Mm-hmm...

<Nycki> but once that's in the bag, I'll see 'bout puttin' it up for sale. maybe we can figure out somethin' to do with the cash that'd be good. any stuff needs fixin' round here, or maybe buyin' a car, who knows...

<Hettienne> Heh, in the beg.

<Hettienne> (bag)

<Nycki> heh

<Nycki> yeah. we're a pair of bags, an it'll be in one of us ;)

  • Hettienne snickers.
  • Hettienne sighs contentedly.
  • Nycki will keep on plying you with drinks and hair-stroking until you're ready for bed ^-^

<Hettienne> (zzz :3)

<Nycki> (aww :3)