Diablotin 2 session 71

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 71 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] It is the beginning of Tenth-month, autumn in Diablotin. The cartloads of harvest coming into the city are once again sparser than they should be, leaading to concern about another hard winter to come.


Sanadhil and Cunningham

[DiablotinNarrator] Sanadhil, you arrive at the Castalia one day to find a message waiting for you from Prof. Cunningham, asking that you stop by her office when you are in. Elisabet is not there, so you can't ask her how long the note has been waiting.

  • Sanadhil tries to remember the last time he was in.... not *that* long ago, surely - maybe a few days?

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, it probably hasn't been more than a couple of days at worst)

  • Sanadhil will prep himself to go see her, then @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] (and if it was urgent, she would have tried to contact you some other way, right? right?)

  • Sanadhil wonders if it was a test :p
  • Sanadhil knocks politely at her door
  • Cunningham opens the door.

[Cunningham] Ah, M. Orecalo, thank you for coming. Come in, have a seat.

[Sanadhil] Thank you, professor. I hope all is well?

  • Cunningham shuts the door behind you.
  • Sanadhil takes a seat

[Cunningham] That depends, I suppose, on what you have to say in the next little while.

[Sanadhil] oh?

  • Cunningham has quite a stern look on her face as she sits down across from you.

[Cunningham] Indeed.

  • Sanadhil puts on serious face as well, and will stillcast glibness just in case @_@

[Sanadhil] What seems to be the matter, professor?

[Cunningham] Following your application for the vacant post in enchantment, I took the precaution of verifying your references.

  • Cunningham withdraws a letter from her desk, written on paper you can immediately tell is elven in origin. It is covered with writing you can't read at this angle/upside-down.

[Sanadhil] Oh?

[Sanadhil] I had been wondering about the delay in the announcement...

[Cunningham] I spoke with a visiting scholar here by the name of Ipkezir.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Yes - we've met

[Cunningham] He found it peculiar that someone of your particular.. heritage... would have been permitted to study at a Cozovode monastery, but allowed that stranger things have happened. He kindly wrote to the head of the Nahrwan monastery to inquire about your training there.

[Cunningham] The reply took longer to return than I would have liked, but here it is. What do you imagine it says, M. Orecalo?

[Sanadhil] Something concerning, apparently. may I see it?

  • Cunningham offers it to you. The gist is "we've never heard of this guy."
  • Sanadhil reads it over carefully, trying to think quickly

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

  • Cunningham waits to hear what you have to say.
  • Sanadhil passes it back
  • Cunningham takes it.

[Sanadhil] I suppose I can't really complain much if [name of monastery head] didn't take much notice of me.

[Sanadhil] And I will admit that my trainig there was not as 'formal' as a full blooded Cozovode scholar would have been able to achieve.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Otherwise I would have been permitted to study wizardry.

  • Cunningham nods.

[Cunningham] M. Orecalo, permit me to clarify some matters. I do not appreciate deception among my colleagues.

[DiablotinNarrator] It takes you a second to realize she just said 'colleague'.

[Sanadhil] ...of course.

[Cunningham] The enchantment post has been given to Prof. Lawfeld. But I believe your talents are distinctive enough that it might benefit our students to have you teach a specialized course.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Cunningham] And if, in future, another permanent position arises, I would of course consider you for it, if you were interested. And honest.

[Sanadhil] I see...

[Cunningham] I don't care where your training came from - I will not judge you on such matters. If it was gained from some crone crouching in a hedge, or the high priest of star-substance, it doesn't matter - what matters is whether you can teach it to our students.

[Sanadhil] of course, I do understand.... and I apologize for the...misrepresentation, but I think my record here so far speaks to my ability to do that.

[Cunningham] I agree fully.

  • Cunningham smiles slightly, something she doesn't often do.
  • Sanadhil smiles as well

[Cunningham] In return, I apologize for probably frightening you unduly.

[Sanadhil] It was something of a surprise, i admit.

[Cunningham] The committee were quite impressed with your body of work thus far.

[Cunningham] We hope that you will continue your research, as it seems promising.

[Sanadhil] Well, of course - its been a facinating time for me here.

[Sanadhil] Can i ask what you will be expecting, in twerms of a specialized course?

[Cunningham] Well, it is my understanding that you have some distinctive abilities when it comes to spellcasting. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[Sanadhil] No, that is true.

  • Cunningham nods.

[Cunningham] I believe that students would find learning about these variant casting styles to be valuable, and perhaps encourage some of them to take it up themselves.

[Sanadhil] I would be very keen to find interested students!

[Cunningham] Then a course that would introduce them to the field, demonstrate some of its differences from traditional sorcery, and prepare them to face and defend against such casters themselves would be ideal.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Cunningham] No doubt some would be interested enough to pursue further study, perhaps on an individual basis.

[Sanadhil] perfect, then - I already have some ideas on the matter.

  • Sanadhil says with restrained exciteme nt

[Cunningham] I realizes it is short notice, but could you begin teaching it next week?

  • Sanadhil blinks

[Sanadhil] I think I could put together a sufficient introduction...

[Cunningham] Splendid.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Cunningham] I will leave the scheduling in the hands of the secretary - and yours, of course, Prof. Orecalo.

[Sanadhil] Thank you profesor Cunningham- perhpas I should go see to that then, and extend my congratulations to Profesor lawfeld.

[Cunningham] Very well. You may continue in your current office if that suits you, as she will be moving to her new accommodations.

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Cunningham] Good day, then.

[Sanadhil] And to you as well.

  • Sanadhil will rise and gleefully go start plotting a course @_@ :D

Seth and Alma

  • Seth comes over to Alma's place for tea.
  • Alma receives him in the same tea room as the last time.

[Alma] Good afternoon, Mr. Argo. How have you been?

[Seth] Good afternoon, Countess. Quite well, thank you. And yourself?

[Alma] I'm well, thank you.

[Seth] When we spoke last, you indicated that there were some additional matters about which you wished to speak with me.

[Alma] Yes, there are a few more things which I thought you might like to know.

  • Alma looks through her notes.
  • Seth sips his tea politely.

[Alma] As for other questions I asked during the communion...

[Alma] I learned that the outcome of the prophecy is not set in stone, it can be prevented.

[Alma] As well, Phedre and the Order of the Black Down are important to this outcome, though in what way I don't yet know.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] That does not surprise me, but like you, I do not understand the specific connection.

[Alma] I was a little surprised to find that Owl also supports the freeing of Emkathon... that has seemed like one of the harbingers of this prophecy, so I thought that would hasten it, or ... help to ensure it.

[Alma] Perhaps that's a cost worth paying to have such a powerful force for Good free again.

[Seth] Perhaps.

  • Seth seems doubtful.

[Alma] Regardless, it seems that both are on Owl's list of tasks for us in the Church.

[Alma] We spoke of the Matriarch...

  • Seth nods.

[Alma] Ah... the dream. It seems that the Tal-Antar can be awoken without destroying that plane. I suppose it has existed long enough, and gained enough... substance, to persist on its own. It can even be reached by the Plane Shift spell, though I'm not sure that's a sensible idea with the Tal-Antar so powerful.

[Seth] Indeed. Is there any reason in particular that we would wish to return, at this point?

[Alma] Well... I'm not sure...

[Alma] Despite Owl's guidance that I not worry about the people there... it is hard.

[Alma] Though I suppose it would be foolish of me to think that dabbling there would be without risk.

[Alma] If we can go there, presumably they can come here.

[Seth] Of course, I understand ... but those people are no different than any people in any other realm, if I understand correctly. It is simply that the realm has a different origin than our realm, presuming that we ourselves are not living in the dream of some unknown God.

[Alma] Oh, of course, but wouldn't you also say that their situation is more dire?

  • Seth shrugs.

[Alma] If we only helped those closest to us, until we reached perfection, we'd never help anyone.

[Seth] For most of them, I would imagine their lives are not so much worse than they would be anywhere else.

[Alma] I recall a world much different than you do, apparently.

[Seth] I also don't see that it's particularly our responsibility. Perhaps if the Emperor decides it is warranted, we could ship grain into the dream.

[Alma] .oO( Grain? )

  • Alma looks puzzled

[Alma] Well, certainly it is for the Emperor to decide if the Empire choses to help them, but responsibility is gauged on a personal level...

  • Alma looks back to her notes.

[Seth] I was not being entirely serious, Countess.

[Alma] Oh...

[Alma] .oO( What an odd man. I wonder if he's started talking to the walls too. )

[Alma] Ysabeau once gave me a list of four alleged demons, and through communion I've confirmed the third, after Rouillard and Moncaire.

[Seth] Oh?

  • Alma skips a few lines.

[Alma] Yes, though I suppose now that I think about it that the individual is in a position of some respect, and it would perhaps be unwise to share it at this point :/

[Alma] There are a few other matters which are perhaps primarily of religious value...

[Seth] Oh?

  • Alma looks to see if you care to hear any...
  • Seth seems interested

[Alma] Well, it appears that the Revelators are somewhat correct in that souls are imperilled with the threat of punishment in the Plane of Evil. However that is not the will of the Seven. It might be the will of the Serpent, or it may be the result of Kavreshar's doing. There's been the suggestion that Kavreshar may made a pact with Hell much like some of the other angels did.

[Alma] Perhaps its pact was more... concrete.

[Seth] Do you think of Kavreshar as an entity with such ... scope and power? I mean, to imperil souls?

[Alma] I'm not sure, to be honest.

[Alma] If the two are less individual entities and more aspects of Serpent... perhaps.

[Alma] Serpent's absence, or dysfunction, may have allowed something like that. Though I do think it sensible for me to ask if it's how things functioned before...

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] I am no theologian, but such issues do seem pertinent to our present situation, especially with regards to Emkathon.

[Alma] If it is the Serpent's way, to judge and condemn, after a single chance... all the more reason to resist.

[Seth] But resist what, exactly? And how?

[Alma] I chose to minister to the grieving because of the comfort the Cycle brought to me in dealing with death in my own life. What sort of comfort could lie in that knowledge? That if you haven't measured up, you will be punished? tortured?

[Alma] The Way of the Wheel can be preserved. We just need to find out how.

[Seth] So then, do you foresee a world in which all go to the Centre?

[Alma] I don't know what the future holds. I just see no goodness in sending someone to the clutches of a demon, be they reprehensible or no. The Void is a merciful end.

[Alma] At least, it seems so to me.

[Seth] I certainly see no value in torment without purpose.

[Alma] What might the purpose be?

[Seth] Ahh ... I simply meant that obviously pain and suffering do sometimes serve a purpose, although not in this case.

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Well, I have one more item of importance, if you can't think of any other questions?

[Seth] Go ahead.

[Alma] I have determined that Mr. Orecalo is a member of the Order's inner circle.

  • Seth seems surprised.

[Seth] Is this something that has happened recently?

[Alma] I have informed Reverend Father Theron, and spoken with Mr. Orecalo, but I feel that those of us who are dealing with him in these important matters should be apprised.

[Alma] I did not ask when it occurred, of Owl or Mr. Orecalo.

[Seth] If he had been present as part of the group at the Imperial wedding, I think I would have recognized his voice.

[Alma] That is true, however that was some time ago.

[Alma] He says that he has said nothing of it because he has sworn powerful oaths. That might be the case, but what other oaths may he have sworn?

[Seth] Given that Mlle Chanuier has spoken to him about the prophecy, this is most disturbing news indeed.

[Alma] I know for certain that hte Princess is aware of his involvement. I also have reason to believe she may be a member as well.

[Seth] Perhaps it is time that we speak to them about this, as a group.

[Alma] Perhaps... but I expect them both to be very tight lipped.

[Alma] You may also be mistaken in considering us a group, at least from their perspective

[Seth] I agree, and I understand. But the others need to know this as well.

[Alma] I've informed Ysabeau.

[Alma] She might have a better time tracking down Mr. Rademacher.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] Have you spoken to the Duke lately?

[Alma] Yes, not very long ago. He was involved with our deliberation as to what to do about Thea Vermillion.

[Alma] He was going to come to the Kizer residence himself but unexpected plans came up.

[Seth] Ah, I see.

[Alma] I could try to get anohte rappointment to see him. Would you want to be present?

[Seth] Yes, certainly.

[Alma] Very well.

[Alma] Ah, it seems I must prepare for services at the Nine Elms.

[Seth] Very well, I look forward to speaking with you again soon.

  • Seth departs.

[Alma] I'll be in touch again soon, likely, as I will be seeking to Commune further regarding how to prevent the propehcy

Ysabeau gets married

[DiablotinNarrator] Ysabeau, you and Martan have made your way to Greywatch, along with family and friends, in preparation for your upcoming nuptials.

[DiablotinNarrator] It's wonderful to see the old places again, to take Martan to see your favourite spots, and to visit what's important to him as well.

[DiablotinNarrator] You have met his foster-parents, Nyeri and Cleon Desrosiers, who have been relatively welcoming to you, though prone to scholarly distraction.

  • Ysabeau has tried to draw them into scholarly conversation, and has been very good about offering to help out around the house if they have no servants for meal prep, etc.
  • Ysabeau would have brought a suitable host gift as well, with input from Martan. ^-^

[DiablotinNarrator] You have arranged for the wedding to be held in the temple you remember visiting with your parents as a child, which is the White Dome. You even have vague memories of the head priest there, an enormously fat man whose name is Brother Monterien, but whom everyone calls Monty.

  • Ysabeau is probably the happiest, most excited person in Val des Fentes as she makes the last minute arrangements.

[DiablotinNarrator] He would also, presumably, be the first person to start your inquiries into your family's background with.

[DiablotinNarrator] Do you want to do those before or after the wedding?

[Ysabeau] (after, I think - I imagine I'd be too busy with wedding prep to spend much time interviewing Monty or poring over record books)

[DiablotinNarrator] (that's fine)

[DiablotinNarrator] The day of your wedding, the air is crisp with hints of the winter to come, but the sky is blue and the autumn leaves are beautiful.

  • Ysabeau and Muri were up early to go pick the last autumn wildflowers...
  • Murienne is excited as she helps you get everything ready.
  • Merrow is ready to accompany you to the temple, in order to give you away in lieu of your father.
  • Ysabeau is as ready as she'll ever be!

[Merrow] Nervous?

  • Merrow asks as you wait to go in.

[Ysabeau] You know what? I'm not really. Well, maybe a little nervous about tripping or something but not nervous at all about marrying Martan.

  • Merrow smiles.

[Merrow] That's good, then.

[Merrow] Time to go...

[Ysabeau] Oh dear! Now I'm a little more nervous.

  • Merrow chuckles at that, and offers you his arm.
  • Ysabeau smiles up at him as she accepts his arm.

[Ysabeau] Thank you so much for being here today, Merrow.

[Ysabeau] It really means a lot to me.

[Merrow] I'm glad I could do this for you.

  • Ysabeau will stand on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the cheek.

[DiablotinNarrator] Inside the temple, the guests are few - Ilphere and Menard, Alma and Danyel, Hettie, Maze and Quirille, Nyeri and Cleon... but it's all right - Martan is there waiting for you, and that's all that matters.

  • Ysabeau is sure she must be the happiest woman alive today, and it probably shows. ;)
  • Ysabeau went with the season as her theme...
  • Alma smiles and holds Danyel's hand :)
  • Murienne precedes Ysabeau up the aisle in a sunny yellow silk gown that is the exact shade of the mountain aspens on the lower slopes...
  • Ysabeau wears a rich rust silk taffeta gown trimmed with ivory lace. Her bouquet is of autumn wildflowers supplemented with small sunflowers picked just that morning. She wears amber delicately mounted in white gold at her ears and throat.
  • Ysabeau 's hair is artfully arranged with a few wildflowers nestled in her raven curls. Her eyes positively sparkle and she looks radiantly happy as she makes her way up the aisle towards Martan.
  • Martan takes your arm when Merrow offers it to him, and you turn to face the priest together.

[Brother_Monterien] Welcome to those who have come from afar, and to those who have come home.

  • Brother_Monterien says with a smile.
  • Brother_Monterien speaks a few more words before turning to the ceremony itself.

[Brother_Monterien] Hesperus Desrosiers...

[Brother_Monterien] Do you vow to take this woman, in the sight of all the gods, into your life, your house and your heart? To cherish her and keep her, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, for all the days of this life?

[Martan] I do.

[Brother_Monterien] Ysabeau Chanuier...

[Brother_Monterien] Do you vow to take this man, in the sight of all the gods, into your life, your house and your heart? To cherish him and keep him, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, for all the days of this life?

[Ysabeau] I do.

[Brother_Monterien] Is there any just reason why this man and woman should not be joined here today?

  • Alma is a little surprised they used his real name :o
  • Brother_Monterien asks the assembled witnesses.

[Alma] .oO( Real-ish? )

[DiablotinNarrator] No one has any objections (I assume?)

[Brother_Monterien] Then by the power vested in me by the Seven, I pronounce you to be wed. What the gods have joined together, let no one dare to sunder.

  • Martan smiles, looking happy and a bit relieved that it's over :)
  • Ysabeau turns to Martan, smiling as well.
  • Martan gives you a kiss.
  • Ysabeau kisses him back, of course!

[DiablotinNarrator] Your celebrations are modest but heartfelt, and continue long into the evening.

Ysabeau and Monterien

[DiablotinNarrator] Before you depart, you can of course look into your parents' pasts.

  • Ysabeau will return to the Temple a day or two later to do that.
  • Brother_Monterien is there, preparing for a ceremony later in the day.
  • Ysabeau smiles warmly for him.

[Brother_Monterien] Ahh, good morning, Mme. Desrosiers :)

[Ysabeau] Good morning Brother Monterien!

  • Ysabeau says cheerfully.

[Brother_Monterien] What brings you here? I would have thought you'd be far too busy :)

  • Ysabeau smiles happily, still getting used to being "Mme. Desrosiers" instead of "Mlle. Chanuier".

[Ysabeau] We have been, of course. But M. Desrosiers had some business to attend to while we were here, and so do I, as it turns out...

[Brother_Monterien] Oh?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I - that is, both Murienne and I, are curious to learn what we can about our parents.

[Brother_Monterien] Ahh.

[Brother_Monterien] They were good people - I was sorry to hear of their passing.

  • Ysabeau nods and a ghost of grief passes over her features.

[Brother_Monterien] What was it you wanted to know about them? I'll help you if I can, of course.

[Ysabeau] Well, all sorts of things. It's really sad to think how little we know of them or our extended family, if we even have one.

[Ysabeau] I suppose I would be interested first in learning if they were from here, or if they moved to Val des Fentes from elsewhere...

[Brother_Monterien] They weren't locals, but I know they felt welcomed here, and still have friends in the neighbourhood.

  • Brother_Monterien can give you the names of some of those neighbours, if you wish to talk to them.
  • Ysabeau will write them down.

[Ysabeau] Were they married here?

[Brother_Monterien] Yes, they were. I performed their wedding ceremony, and their homes would have been written down in the register - perhaps that would be of some help in tracking down relatives, if there are any who still live there.

  • Ysabeau nods eagerly.

[Ysabeau] If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I should love to see those records.

  • Brother_Monterien can get out the register, not the volume most recently used for you and your husband, but an older volume.

[Ysabeau] And perhaps birth records for Murienne and I - they might yield some additional information.

  • Brother_Monterien leafs through it, running his finger down rows and rows of names.

[Brother_Monterien] Ahh, here we are.

  • Brother_Monterien says at last.
  • Ysabeau steps near him to peer at the record he has found.

[Brother_Monterien] "Mathurin Chanuier, age 23, House Owl, of Moss Lane, Diablotin, and Therese Fougere, age 19, House Owl, of Thrawl Street, Diablotin, were married this day, the 11th of Third-month, 2229."

[Ysabeau] Fougere? Do you know, we didn't even know her maiden name.

  • Ysabeau will make notes. Also a city lore roll for Moss Lane and Thrawl Street

[Brother_Monterien] No? I always had the sense that they were ... not hiding from something, but that they had tried quite hard to leave the past behind them when they came here.

[DiablotinNarrator] (sure, you can roll)

[Ysabeau] (14)

[DiablotinNarrator] You think they are probably in poor sections of town - maybe in Pearl or the Shambles. They don't sound like fancy places to live, anyway.

[Ysabeau] Really?

[Ysabeau] It must have been a difficult decision for them to take us back there, then.

[Brother_Monterien] Well, they never spoke of it very much. I was a little surprised when they left, yes.

[Ysabeau] Do you know... why my father lost his job?

  • Ysabeau seems a little anxious, asking about this.

[Brother_Monterien] I believe a number of people who worked in the factory were dismissed at that time - I don't think it was a personal matter, just a case of newer machines needing fewer workers.

  • Ysabeau seems relieved; she couldn't imagine her father being dishonest or a shirker.

[Ysabeau] Did they never mention their parents, or family?

  • Brother_Monterien considers, thinking back.

[Brother_Monterien] I seem to recall that your mother mentioned once that her father had died when she was very young.

[Ysabeau] Oh? :/

[Brother_Monterien] I don't remember your father ever saying anything about his family, I'm sorry.

[Ysabeau] It's all right.

  • Ysabeau smiles kindly.

[Ysabeau] I didn't expect to learn everything all at once. :)

  • Brother_Monterien nods.
  • Brother_Monterien can skip to a few months further ahead in the register to find the record of your birth. No further information there, except that their addresses have changed to Val des Fentes.
  • Ysabeau will ask after Murienne's, too, just to cover all bases.

[DiablotinNarrator] Same basic information as yours.

[Ysabeau] (Also, how long after their wedding was I born? ;) )

[DiablotinNarrator] (uh... I think like 4 months.)

[Ysabeau] (lol, like mother like daughter...)

  • Ysabeau thanks Brother Monterien for his time and help, and will go see about making appointments to meet with her parents' friends.

Seth and Teverya

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you find a note waiting for you at the Society, from an unexpected source - Reverend Sister Teverya, at the Greysmoke Temple. She asks that you come to the temple at your earliest convenience, no further info included.

  • Seth will head down there as soon as he gets it!
  • Teverya seems relieved to see you.

[Teverya] M. Argo, I apologize for the vague nature of my message, but I thought it better not to entrust this to writing.

[Seth] Good day, Sister. What seems to be the matter?

  • Seth asks, suspecting that there could only be one reason she talked to me rather than Alma.

[Teverya] Certain renovations have been going on here, and... well, perhaps it is easiest if I show you.

  • Seth pulls out his sketchbook.

[Seth] Of course.

  • Teverya escorts you to the back of the temple, where there is a doorway leading to the crypt downstairs. The doorway is currently blocked off, with obvious signs of repair going on, and a cloth hung over the scaffolding, perhaps to prevent dust from spreading into the rest of the temple.

[Seth] (had we looked at this area last time?)

[Teverya] (you looked at it, and didn't notice anything unusual at that time.)

[Seth] What has been taking place here?

[Teverya] The stone of the lintel and frame of the door had chipped in some areas, and it was decided to replace it.

[Teverya] When the stone was removed, however, it was discovered that it covered... well, these.

  • Teverya draws back the curtain and you can see that set into either side of the door are a pair of stone legs.

[Seth] Oh ... my.

  • Seth approaches them and inspects them closely.

[DiablotinNarrator] They appear to be made of the same material as the arms, and are jointed as well.

[Seth] (are they the right proportion?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes, seem to be)

[Seth] Fascinating ... marvelous!

  • Seth is getting quite excited.

[Teverya] Do you believe they are from the same ... being?

[Seth] I do believe so, yes.

[Seth] (how old is this area of the temple? same as the rest of it?)

[Teverya] (yes, same)

[Teverya] Why would they have been put here?

[Seth] I'm not certain ... perhaps to protect them? Perhaps just as scavenged stone? It's hard to say ... but I wonder, now, whether the rest of the golem might also be found within this temple somewhere.

  • Teverya nods.

[Teverya] There is one other thing, which I find quite striking as well.

[Seth] What is that?

[Teverya] You'll have to step aside in order to see it.

  • Seth does so.
  • Teverya removes the cloth from the floor, which covers the empty space where the stones have been removed around the doorway, and reveals some tilework beneath them - a series of black and white stones set into an arch-like shape, which passes beneath the feet of the golem(?).

[Teverya] I suppose it is a depiction of the Arch, but then why would it have been covered up?

[Seth] (do churches ever have this kind of Arch imagery in them, to my knowledge?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (no, that's weird)

[Seth] It is most unusual that it was here at all. It is rare for the Arch, which is not in itself directly or intrinsically related to the Six (or now, the Seven), to be depicted representationally in temples.

  • Teverya nods.

[Seth] Covering it up may have made a great deal of sense, in that case. I do not say it is heretical - far be it from me to judge that - but it is definitely ... odd.

[Teverya] Yes... well, I certainly agree.

[Seth] This leaves only the torso and the head to be located.

[Seth] May I look around, Sister?

[Teverya] Certainly - if I can be of assistance, please let me know.

  • Seth nods, and then will head off to inspect anywhere large enough to contain a torso or head, or where there might be a now-blocked-off area (ie different shape on the outside and inside walls, etc.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, crypts downstairs might certainly be large enough to contain a torso or head... and might have blocked-off areas.)

  • Seth will start in the crypt area then.

[DiablotinNarrator] The crypt is musty, with many graves of an age that dates to around the time of the temple's construction.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can make a search check to look around down there.

[Seth] (37)

[DiablotinNarrator] You find a particular sepulchre which appears to be wider than the usual, and which bears an unusual inscription on its surface. "Here lies one who died in defense of the faith." No name or date, and an idiosyncratic sign of the Wheel marked on it - looks more like just a larger circle containing a smaller circle, no spokes visible.

[Seth] (how hard would it be to open it up?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (it's a big stone slab, it would be heavy to move)

  • Seth slips through then, to see if there is something beyond

[DiablotinNarrator] You are in the dark.

  • Seth feels around

[DiablotinNarrator] With you in the dark is something large and made of stone.

[Seth] (can you be more specific? a head thing or a torso thing or both?)

[DiablotinNarrator] A torso-shaped thing.

  • Seth comes back out and speaks to Sister Teverya, excitedly.

[Teverya] M. Argo? What is it?

  • Teverya comes down the stairs to see.

[Seth] Sister, might I ask for the blessing of the gods in the form of a magical light, to be cast upon some small object?

[Teverya] Certainly.

  • Teverya will cast light on a coin and hand it to you.

[Seth] Many thanks.

  • Seth practically sprints back down and into the tomb.
  • Teverya follows, puzzled.

[Seth] (once inside, can I see anything beyond the torso? or is it just the torso and then a wall at the back?)

[DiablotinNarrator] You believe that if the torso were to be moved, the bottom of the tomb could open to allow access to something beyond.

[DiablotinNarrator] but the torso is really, really big, and probably really really heavy.

  • Seth slips back out.

[Teverya] Oh!

  • Teverya is startled.

[Seth] Oh!

[Teverya] What is it?

[Seth] Ahh ... do not be alarmed.

[Seth] The torso of the golem Schesutte is in this tomb. It also appears that, if I were to move the torso, there is a panel that could be moved, underneath it.

[Teverya] Oh!

[Seth] I am going to see if I can inspect that area as well.

  • Seth slips through the floor, and then tries to get to the area under the torso, if possible.

[DiablotinNarrator] You move through the floor, and then try to go sideways, but find that the stone is too thick to permit your entry, if there is anything there.

  • Seth comes back up then.
  • Teverya is a bit freaked out by your popping in and out of the floor.

[Seth] Sister, I believe it probable that the head of Schesutte was removed, and buried beneath the torso.

[Teverya] Uh... is that so?

[Seth] I suspect so. This unusual inscription in fact seems to be referring to the golem herself.

  • Teverya reads it.

[Teverya] Very peculiar...

[Teverya] I think I need to refer to higher authorities on this matter, M. Argo.

[Seth] For what purpose?

[Teverya] In order to determine whether this tomb should be opened and investigated further, or whether there is a good reason why it should be left the way it is.

  • Seth considers that.

[Teverya] I assure you that if it is decided to open the tomb, you will be consulted.

[Seth] Of course.

[Seth] I do think there is a higher question, though, which is whether it is possible or desirable to ... reconstitute Schesutte.

[Teverya] I will also consult on that matter, then.

[Seth] Of course.

[Teverya] Thank you for your assistance and advice. I will be in touch, of course.

[Seth] You are most welcome, Sister. Thank you for this opportunity! Oh, and ... this is yours.

  • Seth hands her back her coin.

[Teverya] Oh yes, thank you.

Ilphere and Ruchard

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere, after Ysabeau's wedding, you and Menard have remained in Greywatch for a day or two, enjoying the chance to get out of the city for a little vacation.

[DiablotinNarrator] You have comfortable rooms in Duchess Emoune's castle, and the fresh mountain air makes it quite pleasant.

[DiablotinNarrator] You fall asleep easily there, and slip smoothly into a dream...

[DiablotinNarrator] The place is beautiful, a valley with green grass and flowers and a stream running along from the mountains.

[Ilphere] (anywhere I recognize?)

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't recognize it, no.

  • Ruchard is seated beneath a willow tree.

[Ilphere] Ruchard...!

  • Ilphere calls his name and heads toward him.

[Ruchard] Ilphere, I'm glad you came.

[Ruchard] Did you all make it out safely?

[Ilphere] Yes, thanks to you...!

[Ilphere] That did not go as we might have hoped...

[Ilphere] I suppose it was too much to think she might have been reasonable.

  • Ruchard nods.

[Ruchard] And yet, it could have been worse.

[Ilphere] I am sure...

[Ruchard] She did not have time to destroy her world before I ... removed her from it.

[Ilphere] You... you removed her?

[Ilphere] :o

  • Ruchard nods again.

[Ilphere] Does she still... Is she dead?

[Ruchard] I felt it was the only course of action I could take - all of those lives would have been ended if she had succeeded in her attempt... if it was actually a serious attempt at all.

[Ruchard] No, she lives... I can take you to where she is, if you wish, but she can't communicate.

[Ilphere] I think I would like to see her...

[Ruchard] Very well. In a moment, then. But first, I want to ask you something.

[Ilphere] Of course...

[Ruchard] What is your intention regarding her physical form? Are you going to wake her?

[Ilphere] I am unsure that would be wise.

[Ilphere] It is sad what happened to her, but... she does not seem very stable.

[Ruchard] I agree, with some reservations.

[Ilphere] I wanted to be able to wake her... but now...

[Ilphere] What are your thoughts...?

[Ruchard] Well...

[Ruchard] I agree that she would be unable to function in the waking world if she were brought back there.

[Ruchard] But if her body remains there, someone else could discover her in the future, and wake her. Perhaps if she were awakened now, by you and your companions, I might be able to assist... to bring her fully into this world, with no physical presence in the waking world, as I did for myself.

[Ruchard] I would be willing to ... help her, if she can be helped.

[Ilphere] I think... I think that would be the kindest thing.

[Ilphere] And the safest for all.

  • Ruchard nods.

[Ruchard] I'm glad you feel that way, then. I had concerns, after what happened, that you might feel differently.

[Ruchard] I can take you to her now, if you wish...

[Ilphere] Yes, please...

  • Ruchard stands and, without moving, seems to make the landscape rush by you at great speed, as if you were flying.
  • Ruchard stops the world at a waterfall, and points to it - within the rushing water, you can make out Imraen's still form.

[Ruchard] She's quiet, at least.

[Ruchard] There was a great deal of screaming earlier.

[Ilphere] Oh dear... :/

[Ruchard] Oh, not here. I mean, I think she doesn't mind it here... as much as she hates me right now.

[Ruchard] ...I assume...

[Ruchard] I'm trying to show her that... there are other places, better places. I don't know if it's sinking in.

[Ilphere] I hope so...!

  • Ruchard nods.

[Ruchard] So you will consult with your companions about waking her, and let me know when you intend to do so - I'll make my own preparations as well.

[Ilphere] I will, as soon as we have returned home.

  • Ilphere promises.

[Ruchard] Thank you.

[Ilphere] I am glad to be able to help...

  • Ruchard smiles.

[Ruchard] So am I. I can't return to see how things are going in her realm, obviously, but I believe they should be all right...

[Ilphere] You cannot...?

[Ruchard] Well, not while I'm watching her.

[Ilphere] Ah, I see...

[Ilphere] Perhaps there is a way to scry it...

  • Ruchard nods.
  • Ilphere muses.

[Ruchard] Perhaps so.

[DiablotinNarrator] The sky begins to darken, and Ruchard looks up.

  • Ilphere looks as well.

[Ilphere] Time to go...?

[Ruchard] Ahh, she's trying to take over again. I should... deal with that.

[Ilphere] I will be in touch soon...

  • Ruchard nods.
  • Ruchard steps into the waterfall, then, and you feel yourself being drawn back to the waking world...

Alma and Emkathon

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you have made your plans to return to the site of Emkathon's imprisonment.

[DiablotinNarrator] Any preparations I need to know about?

[DiablotinNarrator] (or, if I know already, that the log needs to know about?)

  • Alma has indeed. She has asked Brother Obern to close the mausoleum to the public, as there will be a hole in the floor, and if she has not let him know she's returned after a reasonable time (Two hours?) to inform the Reverend Father?
  • Danyel accompanies you to the site.
  • Alma stands at the spot above the chasm and will use Stone Shape to clear a hole.
  • Alma casts Wind Walk upon us both, but immediately reforms.

[DiablotinNarrator] Even this far away, when you open it you think you catch a faint wisp of the smell of flowers.

  • Danyel looks at you.

[Alma] Perhaps from this distance... it might not be harmful...

  • Danyel shrugs.

[Alma] It's too late now anyhow :)

[Alma] We're both immune.

  • Danyel nods.
  • Alma makes sure Danyel has the rope to tie to her once we're nearer.

[Danyel] That's for the best - it seems dangerous.

  • Danyel has the rope, indeed.

[Alma] Well, shall we?

[Alma] :)

[Danyel] I'm ready when you are.

  • Alma quaffs and Arcane Sight potion and then dissolves into mist to begin her descent.

[DiablotinNarrator] As you descend into the fissure, the scent becomes slowly stronger, but you feel no ill-effects.

[Alma] Such a lovely smell...

  • Alma looks for magical auras, and checks periodically for evil.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can see the small platform coming up beneath you, and you detect magical auras there.

[Alma] I see magic, Danyel...

  • Alma will float towards the platform.
  • Danyel will follow.
  • Alma reforms once there and looks to see what has the magical auras.

[DiablotinNarrator] On the platform is a skeleton seated on a small chair, leaning back against the wall. On its upper arm is a binding of some sort, which is magic, and before it on a stand is a crystal ball, also magic.

[Alma] :o

[Alma] Is that...

  • Alma walks over to look into the crystal ball.

[Alma] Well... this is coming with us...

[Danyel] What about the body? Should we try to give it a proper burial?

[Alma] That would be nice. Maybe we can find out who they were...

[Alma] This binding should help... unless it belonged here, to the Odyton?

[Danyel] I have no idea.

[Alma] I wonder what happened... sealed down here?

  • Alma tries to see if she can get the binding off.

[DiablotinNarrator] It's a leather strap, still flexible, with a little box of some sort attached to it - a phylactery.

  • Alma looks to see if she recognises any markings to say which kind it might be.
  • Alma looks for any other remnants of possessions that she can check out later.

[DiablotinNarrator] No idea, Alma. You can try to discern the school.

  • Alma will do so.

[Alma] (21 Spellcraft)

[DiablotinNarrator] Strong magic, no school.

[Alma] Odd.

[Alma] I could try to get a vision of what happened here...

[Danyel] Perhaps it would be better to proceed on, and come back here if we're able?

[Alma] Yes... the poison... our protection will only last so long.

  • Danyel nods.
  • Alma puts the items she' scollected into a bag, and once again dissolves into mist to proceed downward.
  • Danyel accompanies you further down into the crevice, until finally you reach the bottom.

[Alma] You could feel the poison working here... a tingling in your toes.

  • Alma will show him where she tried to stop them with the wall of stone.

[Danyel] I don't feel it, so that's probably a good sign...

[Alma] Yes, just the smell of flowers :)

[Alma] All that positive energy.

  • Danyel nods.

[Danyel] The glowing on the walls... I wonder what causes that.

  • Alma checks to see if it is magic.

[DiablotinNarrator] It is not, Alma.

[Alma] (Would I know that some things just glow in the dark, like funguses?)

[DiablotinNarrator] In fact, looking closer, you seem to see them moving slightly, like little worms or something of that sort.

[Alma] D:

[Alma] Oh, that's...

[Alma] Maybe we should get a sample for some naturalist.

[Danyel] Let's not get too distracted.

[Alma] Yes, sorry.

[Alma] The rope :)

  • Danyel encourages you onwards.
  • Danyel ties the rope for you.
  • Alma lets him slip it around her.

[Alma] I'll give it a try for good measure :)

  • Danyel nods.
  • Alma tries to slip out of it... but can't, having expended her talents for the day, in that regard.

[Danyel] Ready?

[Alma] Yes.

[Alma] One tug for yes, two for no was it?

[Danyel] That's right.

[Alma] If I sound like I'm stunned, just pull me out.

[Danyel] OK.

[Alma] Unless I'm casting my Legend Lore

[Danyel] YEs, dear.

[Alma] Sorry -_-

  • Alma goes to the stone wall and casts Stone Shape to tunnel through it.
  • Danyel waits patiently for your signals on the other side.
  • Alma finds it's rather thick and has to cast a few times -_-

[Alma] Dear this is quite deep.

  • Alma finally makes her way through...

[DiablotinNarrator] You see the glowing sphere, its colours swirling into pure white. It beats like a heart, but that is all you're able to perceive in the moment before you go blind and deaf.

  • Alma yells back... "Yes, it happened agian dear. I'm blind, and deaf. Can you hear me?"

[Danyel] Yes, I can hear you!

[Alma] Can you hear me? Tug the rope!

  • Danyel 's voice is faint from the other side of the wall.
  • Danyel tugs the rope.

[Danyel] (hahah, voice)

[Danyel] (look, I'm being slow :)

[Alma] Ok... so... first... I will...

  • Alma stumbles forward a bit to be nearer...
  • Alma will try casting Greater Scrying on herself so she doesn't fall into the orb.

[Alma] (d100 21+ is a success?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

[Alma] (95)

  • Alma manoeuver herself near the orb like a puppet -_-

[Alma] (Do I FEEL anything?)

[Alma] (Just the sort of warm air, flowery smell, nothing stronger nearer to her?)

[DiablotinNarrator] You can feel its pulsing all around you, as if the air itself here is pushing against your skin. The smell of flowers is strong, also.

[Alma] Quite close...

[Alma] I'm going to start the Legend Lore! It could take some time!

  • Danyel tugs the rope to show he heard you.

[Alma] Good.

[Alma] Alright...

  • Alma set out her focus and burn herself a couple times lighting hte incense.
  • Alma then begins casting.

[Alma] (10 minutes)

[Alma] (46 is a success)

[DiablotinNarrator] All right - you cast the spell and manage to concentrate on it until the words materialize in your mind.

  • Alma will say them out loud.

[DiablotinNarrator] "Half of the whole, the vessel that bore the sacred blood, who shows love to her foes and mercy to her captors. Her imprisonment protects her enemies and her children alike, her sacrifice averts their doom, her freedom reunites what was sundered."

[Alma] ... that's quite straightforward.

  • Alma stuffs her scrying focus back into her bags.

[Alma] I think I'm done?

  • Danyel tugs the rope.
  • Alma inches her way out using her scrying to see
  • Danyel helps by pulling you along the way, so you go in the right direction.
  • Alma makes her way back to him.
  • Danyel eventually helps you out through the hole you burrowed, and hugs you close.
  • Alma smiles and hugs him back

[Alma] This is nice, for being deaf and blind.

[Alma] It's like you're everything.

  • Danyel probably says something, but you can only feel the vibrations of his chest as he speaks.
  • Alma will remove her deafness and blindness and Word of Recall us home.

Dominik and Fredericia

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom, your girlfriend - also known as the Warlord - summons you to her posh new office.

[Fredericia] Do you like the place?

  • Dominik comes as called
  • Dominik looks around at the decor

[Dominik] It lacks a few things... a good weapon rack maybe?

[Fredericia] That could be arranged.

[Fredericia] All right - down to work, then.

[Fredericia] Don't worry, you'll like this one.

  • Fredericia has a bunch of papers on the desk, and refers to them.

[Dominik] Ah good... I don't think being a decorator or a quartermaster really suit me

  • Fredericia smiles.
  • Dominik will take a seat and look at the papers

[Fredericia] So apparently there is an alleged demon - well, there are several really, but this one we can deal with.

[Fredericia] At the Jewel Box.

[Fredericia] I told you you'd like it ;)

[Dominik] I'll get right on this investigation if you need me... spend hours there to route her out.

[Fredericia] Mmhmm. Be my man on the inside, as it were?

[Dominik] Whatever is required.

[Fredericia] I have a contact there, as you know, and I asked her about the girl in question - 'Diamond'.

[Fredericia] Opal says she's nice enough, but a bit odd sometimes.

[Dominik] (Diamond was with the group that came to the palace, correct?)

[Fredericia] (yes)

[Dominik] I've seen Diamond. She came to the palace a little while ago.

[Fredericia] Oh? Delightful. This place needs better security :p

[Fredericia] Oh wait, that's why I'm here.

[Fredericia] So my suggestion is, we book an appointment with her, check her out, and if she's what they say she is, we kill her.

[Dominik] Sounds reasonable. Is there someone I can consult with on the best way to kill demons?

[Fredericia] I think it probably depends on the type - there are a lot, I gather. Magic weapons, certainly.

[Fredericia] In fact, I plan to raid the treasury and load us up with a few goodies.

[Fredericia] Something to make sure we can see her as she truly is, something so we can talk with each other privately, and some way to conceal the magic weapons in question... Can you think of anything else we might need?

[Dominik] A way to stop her from escaping?

[Fredericia] I was just planning to tie her to the bed.

[Fredericia] But I suppose maybe something more secure than that could be arranged.

[Dominik] I was more concerned with magical means of escape like teleporation.

  • Fredericia nods.

[Fredericia] I'll see what I can find on that front, then.

[Fredericia] I gather it takes a few days to arrange an assignation?

[Dominik] We should have some time since appointments, unless they're coming from the emperor aren't met at a moments notice.

  • Fredericia nods.

[Fredericia] I .. don't think I'll involve the Emperor in this one. We can wait.

[Dominik] I'll make the enquiries for the meeting. I suppose I'll have to fill out a form or something for the gold.

[Dominik] How do you stand all this paper?

[Fredericia] But it's full of delicious things I can kill.

  • Fredericia says with a smile.
  • Fredericia arranges for you to have sufficient gold to go and make the appointment, then.

[Dominik] So glad you can help me out with this writting stuff... words are hard.

  • Fredericia laughs.

[DiablotinNarrator] (All right, skip forward a couple days to the appointment, then, unless you have other preparations you need to make?)

[Dominik] (nope, just a review of the swag we have for this)

  • Fredericia produces the following goodies: Gem of Seeing, 2 Messenger Medallions (sending 1/day), 2 Gloves of Storing (can hide 2 weapons of

your choice in them), Dimensional Shackles.

[Dominik] (magic longsword and magic dagger in my gloves then)

[Dominik] (let her have the shackles hidden in hers)

  • Fredericia gives each of you one of the medallions, of course, and wears a pair of the gloves herself, hiding a rapier in one and shackles

in the other.

  • Fredericia ponders the gem.

[Fredericia] Do you want this, or should I?

[Dominik] Just holding it allows it to work?

[Fredericia] You look through it.

[Fredericia] And you see whatever's really there - if she's gross and covered with scales, say.

[Dominik] You keep it, I'll try and keep her attention on me to make it easier for you to use.

[Fredericia] All right, then.

  • Fredericia slips it into her purse. She is quite dressed up for this outing, wearing a blue silk gown.

[Fredericia] Ready to go?

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] I feel like I'm loosing out by doing this assignment.

[Fredericia] Why is that?

  • Dominik visibly eyes her outfit

[Dominik] I might get jelouse

[Fredericia] Oh. Well, look at it this way - if she's not a demon, I suppose you get a fun evening out of it either way.

  • Dominik teases
  • Fredericia smiles.
  • Fredericia will accompany you to the Jewel Box, then.

[DiablotinNarrator] Since you have an appointment, you are of course shown straight into a bedroom. Waiting for you there is a young woman...

  • Diamond is a small, slender woman, maybe mid-twenties or so, with dark brown hair cut in bangs across her forehead.
  • Diamond smiles to see you.

[Diamond] Good evening :)

[Dominik] Just as I remembered.

[Dominik] Good evening to you as well

  • Dominik smiles

[Diamond] Have we met before?

  • Diamond asks playfully.
  • Fredericia smiles also, and takes a seat.

[Dominik] I saw you briefly at the palace once. You left an impression on me.

[Diamond] Oh, how sweet of you to say :)

[Diamond] And you brought a friend, too!

[Fredericia] I'm just here to watch.

  • Fredericia says with a smile.

[Dominik] You promised you might help out?

[Diamond] Oh, all right. But if you decide you want to join in, that's fine too :)

[Fredericia] Mm, we'll see how I feel.

  • Dominik looks at Fredericia a little pouty

[Fredericia] But I do have a little something for later.

  • Dominik will move behind Diamond.
  • Fredericia produces the shackles from her glove and tosses them onto the bed.

[Diamond] Oh?

[Diamond] Those could be fun :)

  • Diamond turns around to Dom, since he seems to be the more eager of the two.
  • Dominik will move to distract the small girl to give Fredericia a chance to use the gem
  • Fredericia does so at her earliest convenience.

[Fredericia] [through Sending] She looks normal. Not sure what to do now. We could take her in for questioning I guess... What do you think?

[Dominik] [response to Sending] Probably a good idea to be sure... wait till we shackle her just in case

[Dominik] (this is the same girl, correct... and it was Diamond that Ysabeau told me was a demon... just making sure I'm not forgetting something)

[DiablotinNarrator] (I believe that's right - Ysa told you she was a demon)

  • Dominik sticks to the plan and does his best to occupy her until she can be shackled by Fredericia
  • Diamond is beginning to disrobe, as would be expected around this time in the proceedings.
  • Dominik will follow suite
  • Fredericia will move to put the shackles on her wrists, behind her back, once she's out of her clothing.

[Fredericia] Let me know if they're too tight, all right honey?

  • Dominik makes sure he knows where the gloves are in case he needs a weapon.

[Diamond] No, that's fine...

  • Diamond looks slightly puzzled, but smiles.
  • Dominik gives her a quick "search" for anything concealed
  • Diamond isn't concealing anything that you can find, anyway.
  • Dominik looks to Fredericia

[Dominik] Shall we move on to what is next?

  • Fredericia gives a little shrug, as if uncertain.

[Diamond] I'm ready when you are :)

[Fredericia] If you're ready, then.

  • Dominik will grapple and pin Diamond so she cannot talk.

[Diamond] mmf!

[Dominik] Alas it could have been fun... think you can hold her while I dress?

  • Fredericia nods.

[Fredericia] I've got her.

  • Dominik will pass her over and re-robe
  • Diamond struggles, but Fred manages to hold her down without too much trouble.
  • Dominik will grab a small blanket for a little modesty for the naked woman and take control of her.

[Dominik] Time to use that bossy Warlord voice of yours so we can walk out of here.

  • Fredericia nods.
  • Fredericia opens the door to lead you both out. There is of course some commotion, but she silences it with a glare and mention of her title.
  • Fredericia opens the door to the carriage for you to put 'Diamond' inside.
  • Dominik does so while keeping hold of her

[Diamond] What are you doing?! This is crazy!

[Fredericia] Just have to be careful, sweetheart. If you don't have anything to hide, you'll be back here in no time.

  • Diamond falls into a sullen silence, then.

[Dominik] Think how bad I feel about all of this... they likely will never let me in again.

[Fredericia] Too bad.

[Fredericia] You'd almost think that was part of the plan all along.

  • Dominik shrugs

[Dominik] So do we start the questioning now or wait till were back at the garrison?

[Fredericia] Well, all the tools are back there... but if she's willing to talk before we break out the tools, I don't see any reason why we can't talk here.

  • Diamond bursts into tears.

[Diamond] I didn't mean to, it wasn't...

  • Diamond cuts off abruptly and falls silent.

[Fredericia] Wasn't what?

  • Diamond looks down, not moving.
  • Fredericia frowns.

[Dominik] Better start explaining your statements better.

  • Diamond suddenly snaps rigid, as if there's a rod down her spine, and speaks in a strange, unearthly voice.

[Diamond] LET THIS ONE GO. TAKE OFF THE CHAINS AND SHE IS FREE.

  • Fredericia looks alarmed at this development.

[Fredericia] What if we just kill her?

[Diamond] THEN THIS BODY IS EMPTY AGAIN.

[Fredericia] What's that supposed to mean? If we kill her, this ... thing, whatever it is, disappears?

  • Dominik is also a little confused by the strangeness that is beyond his experience.

[Fredericia] Fuck that.

[Fredericia] Keep the chains on her until we get her to someone who knows what this is all about.

[Dominik] Had no intention of taking them off.

[Fredericia] Good.

[Fredericia] Because if it can get inside her head, it can get inside ours...

  • Fredericia directs the carriage to the chief sorcerer's residence, upon consideration.
  • Diamond slumps into silence once more after a few moments, and is quiet for the rest of the journey.

[DiablotinNarrator] And Dom probably spends a good deal of time being bored while the Chief Sorc. puzzles over what the hell this thing is you've found...

  • Dominik finds a good book or hits on his secretary if she's cute

[DiablotinNarrator] (hahah)

[DiablotinNarrator] (too bad San's not here to hear you say that ;)

Guillame and Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, you are getting dressed for the morning when Silvia knocks at the door.

[Guillame] Come on in, dear!

  • Silvia_ comes in.

[Silvia_] Uh... there's a girl in the garden.

[Guillame] Where?

[Guillame] Take me to her, please.

[Silvia_] Sitting on the grass.

  • Silvia_ does so.
  • Raina_ is indeed sitting on the grass in your back yard, shredding fallen leaves between her fingers.
  • Silvia_ holds back slightly, shy.

[Guillame] Come on, Silvia - don't be scared

[Guillame] Hello, Raina

  • Silvia_ comes closer.

[Guillame] Welcome to... our garden

[Raina_] You went back there, but you didn't talk to me, and you didn't see me, don't you care about me anymore?

[Guillame] I didn't get a chance to do much of anything, sad to say. Willem had control.

[Raina_] Does he care?

[Guillame] I did try to get to see... this... you before I went.

[Raina_] Hmph.

  • Raina_ seems slightly put out.

[Guillame] I am sorry I didn't get to see her.

[Raina_] What if she's dead now?

[Raina_] Then you won't see her ever again.

[Guillame] *nod

[Guillame] Do you know what we tried to do?

[Guillame] Was it stupid?

  • Raina_ shrugs.

[Raina_] It was stupid, but it was the right thing I think.

  • Guillame sighs in reliief

[Silvia_] [w] What's she talking about?

[Raina_] Talking about dreams, and things that are real, and things that aren't real.

  • Silvia_ furrows her brow.

[Silvia_] Sometimes I have dreams that are real...

[Guillame] Somewhere I went with the society recently, Silvia - a dream world, in the mind of a Shadar-Kai Queen.

[Guillame] Yes, you do.

[Guillame] So does Raina.

[Raina_] Not that sort of real! Real-real, not hasn't-happened-yet-real.

  • Guillame shakes his head.

[Raina_] When the hasn't happened yet real happens, then you know it's real.

  • Silvia_ just looks more puzzled at that.

[Guillame] The dream world I went to is really real - it's another place, that one can go to, and in which people live.

[Guillame] I think. I don't understand it that well, myself.

  • Raina_ nods enthusiastically to that.

[Guillame] I don't really know what happened there, either.

[Raina_] No, yes, that's right, it's in a dream but it's real, even if the dreamer isn't dreaming it anymore, it stays there.

[Silvia_] All right...

[Guillame] Is she still dreaming it? I don't know where she went...

[Raina_] She's dreaming something else now.

  • Raina_ laughs.

[Guillame] Ok...

[Guillame] Silvia... Raina is the same as you. A seer, like Aure told you about. She's his daughter.

  • Silvia_ nods slowly.

[Guillame] Would you like to ask her about it?

[Raina_] I could teach you. Let you see more things... but not *too* many things. Because if you see too many things, then you don't know which things are real anymore, and it gets all muddled up...

[Silvia_] ...

[Silvia_] Can you turn into things?

  • Raina_ nods.

[Raina_] Little things, little animals, good for hiding...

[Silvia_] Does it mean I can't be a priest, if I do this?

[Silvia_] It's all right if that's what it means - I don't know if I really want to be a priest anyway.

[Guillame] It'd be up to you, I think - you don't need to tell people about this if you don't want to yet.

[Raina_] You'd have to learn the old ways, the old underground ways, and they don't match very well.

[Silvia_] ... All right.

[Guillame] You might find some conflict in the teachings, yes

  • Guillame grins

[Silvia_] Can I not go to school today, then?

  • Silvia_ asks hopefully.

[Guillame] If Raina would like to give you a lesson today, then I'd be comfortable with that, yes.

[Raina_] I'll teach her, all right, teach her what I know.

  • Silvia_ sits down beside Raina on the grass, then, for whatever sort of lesson is forthcoming.

[Guillame] . o O (Yes! Hurrah!)

Leolin Kizer

[DiablotinNarrator] An announcement is issued from the palace on the 14th of the month, to note the safe birth of Prince-Imperial Leolin Kizer. The Empress is well, and the families are delighted, etc.

[DiablotinNarrator] And there we'll end, for now...

Solos

Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Sanadhil will stop by Dozilva's house in the evening, after spending the afternoon talking/celebrating promotions with Elisabet and course plotting for a bit
  • Dozilva is just finishing cleaning up from dinner.

[Dozilva] Oh, hello :)

[Sanadhil] Hello :)

[Dozilva] Did you eat? There is some things left over if you want.

[Sanadhil] I had something...earlier?

[Dozilva] When earlier?

  • Sanadhil says as though he can't quite remember when that was exactly
  • Dozilva says, slightly sternly.

[Sanadhil] I don't remember, I've been too busy

[Dozilva] Here, you have some of the bread and beans then.

  • Dozilva offers.
  • Sanadhil sits and lets her put food in frlont of him but is really still too excited to be very hungry

[Sanadhil] thank you.... I had some excellent news this afternoon, after takming to Professor Cunningham...

[Dozilva] Oh?

[Sanadhil] yes!

  • Dozilva sits down to listen.

[Sanadhil] They're hiring me to teach a special course on magic

[Sanadhil] becasue I do things so different;y than he sorcerers here do

[Dozilva] Oh, that's very good news!

[Sanadhil] and they're hoping - well, I'm also hoping - that there will be some students who wan to pursue further individual studies...

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] yes, its quite good - nearly exactly what I wanted

[Dozilva] only nearly?

[Sanadhil] it was quite surprising, and she had me somewhat concerned for a moment

[Sanadhil] its not quite a fuill professorship yet

[Dozilva] Ah, I see.

[Dozilva] But still, it is a start :)

[Sanadhil] yes - a very promising one

[Sanadhil] I get to byp;ass a lot of the less favourable duties some get saddled with

  • Dozilva nods, but then, she probably has a different concept of 'less favourable duties' than you do ;)

[Sanadhil] its only an interoductiory course for now, but it it still specialized, and they haven't askwed me to take on any of the larger, basic ones with hundreds of students...

[Dozilva] So not too many students, but only ones who truly want to learn from you?

[Sanadhil] wel.... hopefully.

  • Sanadhil says, realizing fully that there are probably goign to be some (mostly female) students who aren't all that intersted in his magic or teaching :p

[Sanadhil] I;'m sure there will be some, at least, who will be well suited to it

[Dozilva] You will be a wonderful master to them.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] well... t is a different relationship here, but yes @_@

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] I'm to start teaching next week though - its very unexpected

[Dozilva] Oh, so soon!

[Dozilva] Will you be ready in time?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I can be.

[Dozilva] Good...

[Sanadhil] but it will be a lot of work

[Dozilva] Is there anything I can do to help?

  • Sanadhil frowns slightly, thinking about what he wants to do and sort of pushing beans around on his plate

[Sanadhil] I don't know... its very different from wizardry. It's been interesting trying to figure out how to explain the differenece, but I have done some of that already, working with Elisabeth

[Sanadhil] but to break it down to an introductory level...

[Sanadhil] I know what I'm doing *now*, but at the start I was mostly working things out on my own

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] I supopse I can try and explain it to you anbd you can tell me if it makes any sort of sense

[Sanadhil] and if it sounds to complicated....

[Dozilva] I would be glad to.

[Sanadhil] though I'm sure *you* will be able to follow :D

[Dozilva] And also, I will make sure you do things like eat, and rest occasionally.

[Sanadhil] well... I supose occaxionally.... @_@

  • Dozilva smiles.

[Dozilva] Only occasionally.

[Dozilva] So, you will have more money now?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] (err. I asume ;)

[Dozilva] (yes :)

[Dozilva] Good. I also have more money now.

[Sanadhil] from Loick?

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] How is that going?

[Dozilva] It is very good. He is quite curious about many things, asks me many questions, but I don't mind.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] is it interesting work?

[Dozilva] There are interesting books in the collection, but I do not have time to read them right now.

[Dozilva] Too much other things to do... but some day, I will.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] He has not tried to fuck me.

  • Dozilva adds helpfully.

[Sanadhil] Good.

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Dozilva] Do you know anything about possession?

  • Dozilva asks seemingly out of the blue.

[Sanadhil] possession?

[Sanadhil] how do you mean/

[Sanadhil] ?

[Dozilva] Creatures that can take over another's body.

  • Sanadhil thinks for a moment (K: planes maybe? or arcana?)

[Dozilva] (you can try a roll of k: planes)

[Dozilva] (although we have no cat, so I can roll real dice if you want)

[Sanadhil] (sure - d20+11)

[Dozilva] (rolled a 9)

[Sanadhil] (so 20)

[Dozilva] (yeah... pondering what you would know, sec)

[Dozilva] (You can envision that an ethereal creature could possibly inhabit a physical body of another creature, but you don't know any specific entities that do it as a matter of course)

[Sanadhil] I know its possible - I know ghosts can do it, and probabbly some other etheral creatures.... why?

[Sanadhil] is that something you've encountered working for the Court Sorcerer? :o

[Dozilva] He asked me to find books about it.

[Sanadhil] oh, hmmm

[Sanadhil] I don't know if I can think of any of the tiop of my head

[Sanadhil] Ilphere might know better though, its more along the lines of things she would study.

[Dozilva] All right - I will tell this to him?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Dozilva] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure she'd be imterested, if it is something he is dealing with

[Dozilva] I do not know - he only wished for books on it, but he is very curious, so I am not certain if it's something he simply wishes to learn about, or something more urgent.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] She's still my recommendation

[Dozilva] Very well, I will tell him this.

[Sanadhil] Or perhaps Countess Alma, she might have some knowledge from a religious perspective, I suppose.

  • Dozilva nods.

[Dozilva] Probably it is easier for him to talk to the Princess? She is right there, after all.

[Sanadhil] Probably, yes, and she is a very eacgre scholar on such things

[Sanadhil] I'd love to look into it more, but i really don't have time....

  • Dozilva smiles.

[Dozilva] Of course - I know you are very busy.

[Sanadhil] I can't decide if i should celebrate, or just get back to work @_@

[Dozilva] I think... celebrate, at least a little :)

[Sanadhil] that is what I had in mind when I came over

[Dozilva] Oh? ^-^

[Sanadhil] Mmmmhmmm...

[Sanadhil] I'd hoped you might ant to share in my good fortunes ]:D

[Dozilva] I do, certainly.

[Dozilva] Perhaps you need to practice being a good master to your students?

[Sanadhil] I expect that I may need to learn how rto properly discipline unruly stgudents, yes

  • Dozilva nods.

[Sanadhil] Especially all those girls....

[Dozilva] They may have other reasons to take your class, I think.

[Dozilva] They will be inattentive and will need to be taught a lesson.

  • Sanadhil sighes with exaggerated heavyness. "What is a good master to do?"
  • Sanadhil smiles wickedly though

[Sanadhil] (etc ;)

[Dozilva] Well, my mistress used to have various ways to make us obey. Perhaps you will borrow some of her tricks? ]:D

  • Dozilva is happy to give suggestions if you need inspiration on punishments ;)
  • Sanadhil is happy to take suggestions and perhaops run through a 'practice session' ;)

[Dozilva] (heheheh)