Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 9

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 9 Next

Summary

Sahhiru talks to May following her night out and the negotiations, explaining how she may have misread the situation at the negotiations and how her behaviour matters. Induriel attempts to get to know Laris. Induriel and Valtheriel conspire to find appropriate Aethrennari suitors for May. Korivan comes to May to ask her to go to Lake Ankai, and speaks to Laris on the way out.

Session

Session date: 2018-04-08
In Game date: One day following the previous session
Topic: Director's Commentary on your Sex Tape

Sahirru counsels May


<Sahhiru> Let's say Sahhiru gives May a little bit to cool off from the meeting, then goes to see her.
<Sahhiru> Library?
<May> (Probably her room, that night after she gets back from the market with Sar-ili)
<Korivan> he might have to wait until she gets back from shopping ;)
<Sahhiru> (Okie doke)
* Sahhiru will knock politely at the door.
* May sighs, knowing what's coming.
<May> Come in.
* May is laying face down in a heap of pillows
* Sahhiru will step inside, see May, and sigh quietly.
<May> Go ahead.
<May> Get it over with.
<Sahhiru> Get what over with?
<May> The I-told-you-sos.
<Sahhiru> That's not...precisely what I came to talk to you about.
<Sahhiru> Or, perhaps, not the manner in which I came to speak to you about it.
* May turns her head to look at him.
* Sahhiru will sit on the edge of the bed next to you.
* May sighs
<May> Then what?
<Sahhiru> You're upset with the Gaath, yes?
<May> ...yeah.
<May> I guess I shouldn't be.
* Sahhiru gives a slight smile.
<Sahhiru> Oh?
<May> I mean... that what us "Noble" people do, right? Use other people.
* May says bitterly
<Sahhiru> You feel he used you?
<May> Didn't he? He was trying to get a better deal on the negotiations.
<Sahhiru> You are assuming things not in evidence, I think.
* May frowns
<Sahhiru> If I understand their viewpoint on such matters, I don't believe your interactions with Gaath Korivan had any bearing on his stance regarding the recently acquired lands.
* May cocks her head.
<May> You... don't?
<Sahhiru> Tell me, were you planning to use your relations with him as leverage in the negotiations?
<May> Of course not.
<May> I mean...
<May> There is no relationship...
<Sahhiru> I, ah, specifically did not say 'relationship'.
<May> Oh...
<May> Right.
<Sahhiru> So, you enjoyed your time, and then you planned to advocate for your people to the fullest extent you saw fit, yes?
<May> I mean... yeah...
<May> I guess.
<Sahhiru> And you feel he acted in a different, more sinister fashion?
<May> I mean...
<May> He was trying to trample me in there.
<Sahhiru> Did that seem out of character with the other official interactions you've had with the Hrieffen leadership?
* May pouts.
<May> What are you getting at?
<Sahhiru> That, if anything, Gaath Korivan may have acted in a more properly Turathi manner than you yourself did.
* May sighs.
<May> He's not turathi.
<Sahhiru> And yet...
<May> I guess I thought maybe he'd be different.
<May> I don't know.
<Sahhiru> What did you want out of your encounter?
<May> I have no idea.
<May> I don't know what I'm doing at all.
<Sahhiru> That's very mature of you to admit.
* May raises an eyebrow in surprise.
<May> Thanks... I think.
* Sahhiru smiles.
<May> I guess I just wanted to have some fun. I'm sick of everyone telling me what to do. I hate it here. I want to go back to Aethrennar.
<Sahhiru> Why?
<May> At least there people left me alone.
<Sahhiru> You may feel that way, but you have significantly greater freedom here than in Aethrennar.
<Sahhiru> There, you were a pawn. Here, you are a queen.
<Sahhiru> If you're willing to be so.
<May> Queen of what? A backwater port in the middle of nowhere?
<Sahhiru> Are you really so enamored of luxury? You'd rather be a glorified beggar in the seat of a foreign power than the sovereign of your own land? A land you can *make
* significant, powerful, *somewhere*?
<May> I didn't sign up for any of this.
* Sahhiru will pause a moment.
<Sahhiru> Do you enjoy the library here?
<May> ...yeah...
<Sahhiru> And the keep? Your servants, your clothes?
<May> ...I guess so.
<Sahhiru> You may not have had a choice in your birth, but you seem to enjoy the benefits just fine.
<May> -_-
<Sahhiru> They come with responsibility.
<Sahhiru> I won't pity you in that.
<Sahhiru> And you shouldn't, either.
<May> Whatever...
<Sahhiru> Well put. -_-
<May> Look... I'm sorry if I... overreacted.
<May> And if I completely ignored your warnings...
<Sahhiru> I am concerned you didn't understand the point of my 'warnings.'
<May> What do you mean?
<Sahhiru> Ultimately, I don't care who you deign to, ah, spend time with.
<Sahhiru> So long as you understand the implications of it.
<May> Don't worry, I used a protection spell.
* Sahhiru sighs.
<Sahhiru> That's not what I meant. I'm not even sure *that's<* a consideration in this instance.
<Sahhiru> I mean that your station means your actions have meaning beyond the immediate.
<Sahhiru> You wanted to have fun. As much as you may not believe it, I understand that. But you have to be aware of what it might communicate to others.
<May> No one saw us...
<Sahhiru> Much like you are concerned you and Korivan may have had different intentions.
<Sahhiru> Oh, May, are you that naive?
* May raises an eyebrow
<May> What?
<Sahhiru> Many people are aware of the two of you slipping away.
<May> ...many?
<Sahhiru> You are the ruler here, and he is essentially the co-ruler of his people. Attention is paid.
<Sahhiru> There are more discrete choices, if it's merely a matter of boredom.
<May> Well, after how I acted, I guess it's unlikely to ever be an issue again.
<Sahhiru> I'm not sure Korivan has the same concerns you may have.
<Sahhiru> Also, he's young, and male.
<Sahhiru> Those are factors not to be underestimated.
* May laughs
* Sahhiru will smile at May's laugh.
<May> I'll... try to be more careful.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> I know you have burdens. Believe me, I understand.
<Sahhiru> I don't begrudge you seeking to alleviate them, even for a time.
<Sahhiru> But I do need you to keep them in mind when possible.
<May> Ok.
<Sahhiru> You have a good heart, May, and greatness within you. I don't want to see that tarnished.
* May sits up and leans her head on her uncle's shoulder.
* Sahhiru puts his arm around May and gives her a side hug
<May> I'm sorry, uncle.
<Sahhiru> It's okay, esibaru.

Induriel visits Laris


* Induriel walks through the halls and comes to Laris' door. He knocks.
<Laris> (I'll assume that for once Calkas is busy with something else so Laris can open his own door ;)
<Laris> (unless you want to be Calkas, Josh?)
<Sahhiru> (Calkas can be busy. He'd just be there for like two seconds)
* @Laris will answer the door, and look mildly surprised to see Induriel there.
<Laris> Ambassador Induriel, greetings. How can I help you?
* Induriel bows slightly
<Induriel> Heri Corvus, I hope I'm not disturbing you.
<Laris> It's no trouble.
<Induriel> Thank you. I was hoping to speak with you at your convenience.
* @Laris nods
<Laris> I could meet with you later this afternoon, if that would suit you?
<Induriel> Of course! Would you care to join me in my new apartments, shall we say, after the third hour?
<Laris> Certainly.
* Induriel bows again
<Induriel> I shall look forward to it.
* @Laris returns the polite bow and will close his door, bemused. Aethrennari are weird.
* @Laris will come to your quarters at the appointed time, then.
* Induriel receives him
<Induriel> Heri Corvus, such a pleasure. Thank you for coming!
* @Laris glances around to see what you've done with the place.
<Laris> I hope you are finding the accomodations to your likeing.
* Induriel leads Laris into a richly-appointed sitting room, with elegant silken tapestries depicting scenes from Aethrennar: a view of the city, revelers engaged in celebrations, and similar scenes. There is an elegant and intricately carved wooden table that looks like it shouldn't be able to stand at all, it's so slender; but on it are a carafe and two goblets.
<Induriel> They're very nice, thank you. As you can see, I've done a little decorating.
* Induriel gestures at tapestries and furniture.
<Induriel> Would you care for some Aethrennar wine?
<Laris> Very well.
* Induriel gestures for Laris to sit, and pours some for each of them. He smiles and raises his goblet.
<Induriel> To new friendships.
* @Laris will sit, and accepts the wine and the toast, although still a bit confused
<Laris> To productive business alliances.
* Induriel pauses for a moment, then nods and takes a sip
<Induriel> To productive business alliances. Indeed.
<Laris> May I inquire what matters you wished to discuss?
* @Laris asks, after having a sip of the wine for politeness' sake
<Induriel> Of course. I was hoping that the post-victory negotiations went well, and hoped to hear your take on them.
<Laris> Ah, yes.
<Induriel> Are you pleased with the outcome?
<Laris> I believe that it went as well as could be expected.
* Induriel smiles
<Laris> There were some disputes, of course, but they seem to be resolved.
<Induriel> What were they?
<Laris> House Lalu and the Hrieffen disagreed over the distribution of Maazikai land. It was resolved as the Hrieffen agreed to trade some of their land nearer the city in return for lands further south.
<Induriel> I see. And that was satisfactory to both of them?
<Laris> I believe the Domina was displeased with the outcome, but consented to avoid further debate.
<Laris> She is young, and takes these things personally.
<Induriel> Hmmm. But do you think it was a fair trade?
<Laris> I tried to remind all at the table that this was probably merely the first of other such negotiations, and that while one party might gain more now, we can remember that and compensate for any imbalances at a future occasion. Many of those involved are new to this, and it helps to have a longer view.
<Induriel> That was most diplomatic of you. I hope they all took it to heart.
<Induriel> The long view is indeed important.
<Induriel> But from what you say, am I to infer that it was not entirely fair?
<Induriel> In this particular instance, I mean.
<Laris> I am not entirely certain. The lands the Hrieffen wanted are further afield, and there is a lake that is a matter of some contention - they may find it more difficult to control than they think. Meanwhile the lands House Lalu received in trade are good farmland, close to the city - not as large, but easier to manage.
<Induriel> Well, I suppose that makes sense. It seems to me that the Hrieffen are not great farmers.
<Laris> Indeed, no.
<Laris> What matters is not whether I felt that the deal was fair - since I did, with those considerations in mind - but that Domina Mamitu felt slighted. And that is more of a concern, if she is harbouring resentment.
<Induriel> Ah. Yes, that is a concern. She is very intelligent, but very young.
<Laris> You are more familiar with her patterns - is she likely to hold a grudge?
<Induriel> I would hope not. But I do not think so. Quick to anger, quick to forgive...
* @Laris nods
<Induriel> Besides, I'm sure Lord Sahhiru will speak with her.
<Laris> Yes, perhaps he can speak reason to her.
<Induriel> He counsels her often, I think?
<Laris> They seem to be very close. I believe he advises her on many matters.
<Laris> But surely you should know - you knew them previously, did you not?
<Induriel> Yes, they spent considerable time in Aethrennar. I was Domina Lalu's tutor in certain magical arts, so of course I came to know both of them.
* @Laris nods
<Induriel> That was one of the reasons why I was chosen for this embassy.
<Laris> I imagine that familiarity would be an asset, yes.
* Induriel smiles and makes a self-depreciating gesture
<Induriel> As I'm sure you can tell, I'm hardly a professional diplomat.
<Laris> Ah, you seem very professional to me.
<Laris> You have certainly done your research on the players involved.
* Induriel smiles a bit wider
<Induriel> That is most kind of you, Heri Corvus. I am trying!
<Induriel> The research isn't such a problem, though. I'm an academic, so I find it relatively easy.
<Induriel> The protocol, however.... that's a bit more of a challenge.
<Laris> What is your area of specialty, when you aren't being a diplomat?
<Induriel> Primarily conjuration. Of course I have experience with other magics, but that is what I am best known for in Aethrennar, I think.
<Induriel> And personally I have a great interest in history.
<Induriel> What about you?
<Laris> I have no particular talent for magic, although I have ... observed... a great deal of necromancy in my time. I appreciate it as a skill, however.
<Induriel> And what do you do when not dealing with matters of state?
<Laris> I train, and I read - I do enjoy works of poetry and literature. History as well, and works on military tactics and strategy...
<Induriel> So we have that in common, then - an interest in history!
<Laris> I have heard that if one does not learn from it, one is doomed to repeat it, and given recent events, I feel like I would prefer not to repeat it.
* @Laris says dryly, sipping his wine
<Induriel> Indeed.
<Induriel> Well, perhaps you could recommend a historical work for me to read in my spare time?
<Laris> Ah... certainly, I suppose.
<Laris> I have an ample library and would be glad to guide you in making a selection.
<Induriel> Thank you. I would like that.
<Induriel> As you noted, I already know Lord Sahhiru from before, and we have a... friendly relationship beyond the formal.
<Laris> Do you.
* @Laris says impassively.
<Laris> Perhaps he would also be interested in perusing my reading material.
* Induriel laughs
<Induriel> Perhaps.
<Induriel> I certainly am.
<Induriel> But do you not have a similar relationship with him?
* @Laris looks puzzled for a moment
<Induriel> You've been working together for some time now, I think.
<Induriel> Surely the formality has worn off, at least to some extent?
<Laris> I believe we have a mutually... agreeable relationship.
* @Laris says slowly.
<Laris> But you would have to ask him, I suppose, to have his perspective on the matter. Or perhaps you already have?
<Induriel> No, we have discussed... other things.
<Laris> Oh?
<Induriel> It just seemed to me the last time that you and I spoke that you were being carefully neutral in your language about him.
<Induriel> I hope that does not mean there is friction between you?
<Laris> No. I am cautious in many regards, including my language. I mean to imply no issue with Lord Sahhiru, either personally or professionally. He has been very gracious and accomodating since his arrival.
<Induriel> I'm sure he has. Sahhiru is extremely charming...
<Laris> Mm. I imagine that many find him so.
<Induriel> Ah. That implies you may not find him so...
<Induriel> . o O (Good! Or, kind of? I don't know...)
<Laris> I am not accustomed to discussing my personal feelings with... someone I barely know. I am not certain what your aim is in probing concerning my thoughts about Lord Sahhiru, unless you think to use them for your own purposes in some fashion.
<Laris> If you have a concern about this matter, or some reason it interests you, you can ask directly.
<Induriel> Ah, forgive me, Heri Corvus. I have offended you. That was not my intent.
<Laris> I am not offended, merely confused. I don't know what bearing this matter has on your interests here.
<Induriel> I assure you, there is no nefarious purpose behind my questions. I'm not seeking any sort of advantage.
<Induriel> I simply want to get a better understanding of the situation in this city, and how the important people in it relate to each other.
<Induriel> I humbly beg your pardon.
<Induriel> You see - I am not such a good diplomat after all.
<Laris> It's... no matter. I am on good terms with Lord Sahhiru, with the hope that our alliance may continue to improve.
<Induriel> I am glad.
<Induriel> Again, I am sorry if you have found my questions inappropriate.
<Induriel> I actually hoped to establish a friendly rapport with you. I hope that is still possible.
<Laris> I'm not accustomed to having so many ... fellow representatives here. My social skills have not had this much exercise in many years.
<Induriel> . o O (Social skills?)
<Laris> I apologize if I've been unwelcoming. I mean no offense by it - I'm aware that I can be... cold.
<Induriel> No, that's quite alright. I'm afraid we're all in politics, which makes it awkward for everyone to speak as freely as I would like.
<Induriel> I'm sure you've long had to be very careful with your language in all sorts of things.
<Laris> It's more prudent - safer - to keep to certain protocols.
<Induriel> Yes. And I'm only too aware that I need to work on protocol.
<Induriel> Perhaps you could provide me with guidance on what is expected?
<Laris> I am not sure how things work in Aethrennar - but in Thantopolis if you reveal too much, to the wrong person, it can be extremely dangerous.
<Induriel> Ah, of course. I'm sorry.
<Laris> No harm done. I think.
* @Laris says with a faint smile.
* Induriel smiles back
<Induriel> Good.
<Induriel> Did you like the wine?
<Laris> Yes, it's excellent.
<Laris> I'm sure we'll be working together more - I will endeavour to pick an interesting work for you from the library, too.
<Induriel> Thank you. I look forward to it.
<Laris> Good afternoon, Ambassador. Thank you for your time.
<Induriel> Thank you, Heri Corvus. Good afternoon.
* @Laris will take his leave.
* Induriel rises and politely sees him off.
<Induriel> . o O (Well. That went... how did that go?)
<May> It went awkward ;)
<Induriel> . o O (I hope that wasn't a disaster, but he's so hard to read.)
<Induriel> .o O (I feel sorry for him, though. So very guarded!)

Matchmaker Matchmaker


* Induriel summons his secretary Valtheriel to discuss various matters in their private apartments...
* Valtheriel will arrive promptly.
<Valtheriel> Heri Antalanon, you wanted something?
<Induriel> Yes. We should discuss our progress so far... and our plans for the future.
<Induriel> Have a seat.
* Valtheriel will sit.
* Induriel is in his study, sitting behind an ornate desk with parchments neatly stacked in the corners.
<Induriel> I understand that there was some difficulty in the settlement negotiations - a disagreement about some land.
<Induriel> The Hrieffen and House Lalu came to a compromise, but is it stable?
<Valtheriel> Yes, Heri. My understanding is there was some dispute about the newly conquered lands.
<Valtheriel> As stable as the alliance as a whole, I would think, which is to say enough for the moment.
<Valtheriel> It is standard Turathi practice to secure power through local alliances.
<Valtheriel> Though they are not operating from the same position of strength they previously enjoyed.
<Induriel> Yes. From what I heard, the trade seemed fair enough. But I also hear that Mamitu took it somewhat personally when she was checked.
<Induriel> I hope that won't last, but we should keep an eye on it.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> All other matters proceeded smoothly?
<Valtheriel> The halfling auxiliaries were pleased with their spoils, and captives were disposed of to the satisfaction of all.
<Induriel> Good. Then this minor disagreement probably won't cause further problems.
<Valtheriel> Let us hope not, Heri.
<Induriel> Is there anything else to report?
<Valtheriel> The Hrieffen are making preparations to mobilize some of their people, though I do not as yet know for what. It seems early to move back to their more nomadic status quo.
<Induriel> Hmmm. I did meet their leaders at the celebration. Perhaps I can investigate this further.
<Induriel> Are they heading for this new land they were so insistent upon acquiring, perhaps?
<Valtheriel> I hate to presume, but it seems likely. I believe it might also relate to the prisoners they took, the bugbear warriors and their captain.
<Induriel> Something else to keep an eye on, then.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> But if they do move, they should be less present in the city. Which may present opportunities.
<Valtheriel> Yes. Though I believe they might present the opportunity for a lucrative source of labor. The Hrieffen are raiders, like our shifter allies closer to home. Nesu Abamatu could benefit from the trade of their captives if these sorts of activities are encouraged.
<Induriel> Hmmm.
<Induriel> As long as they choose the right targets.
<Valtheriel> Of course.
<Induriel> Well, overall I think we're off to a good start.
<Valtheriel> As you say, Heri.
<Induriel> . o O (As long as I didn't ruin anything by talking to Corvus)
<Valtheriel> (heh)
<Induriel> So that bring us to our future plans.
<Induriel> Mamitu Lalu needs a husband, whether she realizes it or not.
<Induriel> That means we need to come up with one or more appealing candidates.
<Induriel> You did the initial screening I asked for?
<Valtheriel> Of course.
<Induriel> And what are the results?
<Induriel> Remember, it must be someone of substance. A fit consort for the ruler of Nesu Abamatu, who will bring strength to her in his own right.
<Induriel> Someone who will appeal to her, not confront her or challenge her authority.
<Induriel> We've just seen how sensitive she can be about that with this land issue.
<Induriel> Yet at the same time, it MUST be someone who will serve our glorious Queen's interests.
<Induriel> Someone with the social skill to guide her gently... but in important ways.
<Induriel> Perhaps someone she already knows in her own age group.
<Induriel> I was hoping that another of my former students might fit the bill, but I'm afraid I never paid much attention to all their social doings.
<Valtheriel> An intriguing problem, to say the least.
<Induriel> A daunting one too. I'm aware it's asking a great deal.
<Induriel> Have you been able to come up with a shortlist?
<Valtheriel> Fairë Roanne is of an age, and an accomplished ritualist for all his youth. House Roanne is not as favored, but they could be looking to curry some support.
<Induriel> Wealth?
<Valtheriel> Considerable, for their status.
<Valtheriel> Eren Brescia is a distant cousin of the High Queen, and my understanding is the family is looking to marry him off soon.
<Induriel> Ah. That would indeed be a great honour for both of them.
<Valtheriel> Curu Monthois comes from a favored family, though he is perhaps a bit...martial, for Heri Lalu's disposition.
<Induriel> Ah. In the city's current situation, though, martial skill is still an asset.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> In the longer run, however, it may be less important.
<Induriel> Well, that's three so far. Any others?
<Valtheriel> There is Mahalma Limoges, who is a darling at court, but I worry he would come to resent placement in such...rustic settings.
<Induriel> That would not do. If he is willing to come, though...
<Induriel> Well, what other factors recommend him?
<Valtheriel> Charm, largely. He would be an effective advocate for competing interests, and I think Mamitu would get along with him.
<Induriel> We should keep him in consideration, then.
<Induriel> Ultimately the decision will be hers in any case.
<Induriel> Well, advised by Sahhiru. But hers.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> So, if we keep Mahalma Limoges on the list for the present, that makes four.
<Induriel> Can we arrange for each of them to visit here? Or even have them come at the same time?
<Induriel> We wish to increase our connections with the city in any case.
<Valtheriel> It's possible. We could attempt to arrange a visit as, say, a hunting trip or the like.
<Induriel> We should consider more permanent postings for any she seems to favour. It may be early to consider a formal "trade commissioner" post, but if so there are other ways. Or they could stay out of personal interests, to study the city or something.
<Induriel> Well, they could *pretend*, at least.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> The idea of someone coming here purely out of interest...
<Induriel> Well, let us hope others will believe it.
* Valtheriel smiles.
<Valtheriel> There are opportunities, with the right mindset.
<Induriel> Yes. Of course, in Aethrennar she wouldn't even have to limit herself to a single choice...
<Induriel> But here, I believe, there can be only one official consort.
<Valtheriel> I think the strength of a single match is more advantageous, at least for the moment.
<Induriel> Yes. Mamitu needs heirs, and there should be no question about their parentage.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> You know, I feel sorry for them sometimes.
<Induriel> So limited... kept in prisons of their own making. That poor Corvus...
<Induriel> Well. To the task at hand.
<Induriel> Let us see about arranging a visit for our candidates.
<Valtheriel> As you say, Heri.
<Induriel> Advise them as to the sorts of gifts they should bring, and make sure that they understand what we hope for.
<Induriel> To the extent that they will listen, that is.
<Induriel> But of course, listening well is one of the qualities we're looking for in the first place...
<Valtheriel> Of course. I'll start working through the proper channels. I'll have letters for you to sign by this evening.
<Induriel> Thank you. Be sure to mention that I will receive them personally when they arrive. I want to see them each for myself before we present them to Mamitu Lalu.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> Very good! Thank you, Valtheriel.
<Valtheriel> By your leave, Heri Antalanon.
* Valtheriel will stand, give a short bow, and leave.

The Hrieffen Gaath invites you to Lake Ankai @_@

  • Korivan will come to the keep, and presumaly someone will tell you so you can decide where, and if, you want to meet me
  • Sahhiru (uid133455@id-133455.brockwell.irccloud.com) has joined #YOAW
  • May will come down and meet you in the courtyard.

<May> ...Gaath Korivan...

  • Korivan considers you, trying to gauge your mood, but he's bad at these things

<Korivan> Sirru May.

  • May looks a bit nervous.

<May> Come in. Please.

  • Korivan nods, and will follow you
  • May will show you up to the library.
  • May will shut the door behind them.
  • <May> Listen... before you say anything...
  • <May> I'm sorry about the other day.
  • <May> It's been pointed out to me that maybe I... misread things.
  • <Korivan> Mm... I knw that you were angry... but I do not know why.
  • <May> I just thought that you were... you know what, it's not important.
  • <May> I'm just sorry I overreacted.
  • <Korivan> So you are... not angry with me?
  • <May> No. I don't think so. Are you angry at me?
  • <Korivan> No.
  • <May> Ok.
  • <May> Good.
  • <May> Sorry.
  • Korivan says though he probably still sounds cautious/wary
  • <May> Anyway.
  • <May> So... what's up?
  • <Korivan> If you are not angry...
  • <Korivan> Then... I came to ask you about...demons.
  • <May> Ok...
  • <May> Not what I was expecting.
  • <May> What about them?
  • <Korivan> you know of them, through your magics?
  • Korivan asks, looking around at all your books
  • May brightens slightly, now that the conversation is steering her way.
  • <May> Yeah, I know some stuff. What were you wanting to know? Summoning? Binding? True names?
  • <Korivan> mm. Cleansing.
  • <May> Cleansing, huh? Are we talking like a house or an altar?
  • <Korivan> A bridge...between worlds
  • <May> Like a... portal?
  • Korivan considers
  • <Korivan> I don't think so.... but maybe
  • <May> hmmmm
  • May will shuffle over to a bookshelf and grab a large tome from a shelf and flip it open.
  • Korivan watches you
  • <May> So is this a natural infestation or a conjuration?
  • <Korivan> It is a legacy...of the Maazikai
  • <Korivan> Not...an infestation
  • <Korivan> A taint.
  • <May> Oh... hmmmm...
  • <May> Are you sure it's a demon?
  • Korivan says, considering, then nodding
  • <Korivan> I have not seen it
  • <Korivan> yet
  • <Korivan> The presence may be strong.
  • <May> So this portal... it's in the old Maazakai lands?
  • <May> (Errr, place, not portal)
  • <Korivan> It is in Hrieffen lands
  • <Korivan> Before, yes, and before...the Ankai
  • <May> Hmmm...
  • <May> I mean without some details to go on it could be anything. Ghosts, demons, elemental spirits. And if you want to get rid of it you'll really need to know what you're getting rid of.
  • <Korivan> yes.
  • <Korivan> would you come?
  • Korivan asks somewhat cautiously
  • <May> O.O
  • <May> You... want me to come investigate a tainted otherworldly maybe-portal with you?
  • <May> Of course!
  • <Korivan> We will stop in the Ankai lands and speak with their Gaath...they will know more
  • <May> When were you wanting to leave?
  • <Korivan> Soon...
  • Korivan considers
  • <Korivan> this place.... is sacred to the Ankai. YOu must respect that.
  • <May> Oh... what does that entail?
  • <Korivan> It is the place of their ancestors.
  • <May> I will respect it. I know how to behave in sacred places. We have those too, you know. I may need to do some small rituals. Just to gather information, if that will be alright.
  • Korivan nods
  • <Korivan> yes, good.
  • <May> I'll need to gather some things and check with a few people.
  • Korivan nods
  • <May> Should we say the day after tomorrow tentatively?
  • <Korivan> I do not expect you to travel alone...
  • Korivan nods
  • <Korivan> yes.
  • <May> Ok
  • <May> Cool
  • May seems very excited.
  • Korivan nods
  • <Korivan> Sooner, perhaps, if you can be ready
  • May nods.
  • <May> Why the rush? I presume it's been this way for a while.
  • Korivan considers

<Korivan> The Maazikai will have left Booyagh to defend the lake

  • Korivan says as if that is answer enough
  • <May> Ok... so are they going to try to do something with it?
  • <Korivan> I would.
  • May nods.
  • <May> Ok. Then we'll need to be careful.
  • <Korivan> yes
  • <May> Are you taking your soldiers?
  • <Korivan> Some, yes
  • <May> Ok. I'll see if I can get a unit of our s as well, if that's ok.
  • Korivan frowns
  • <May> You said you didn't expect me to go alone.
  • <Korivan> I asked you because of your knowledge of these magics... but this is a gaaburrim matter.
  • <Korivan> An escort....yes. A unit... no.
  • <May> And I'm happy to help. But I'm not going into an enemy held area without protection.
  • <Korivan> YOu will have our protection.
  • <May> Look, I know your people are great warriors, but I want some of my soldiers there if things go bad. If you want my help it comes with conditions.
  • <Korivan> "some"?
  • <May> How many men are you taking?
  • <May> (Warriors, not men. My bad.)
  • <May> (:P)
  • <Korivan> That is for the Hraal to say. Enough.
  • May sighs.
  • <May> Are you always this stubborn?
  • Korivan considers
  • <Korivan> A Gaath must be, for many things
  • <May> Well, apparently so must a Domina. I'm sorry. I can't help if you won't trust me. Besides, my uncle would kill me if I went with just a token guard.
  • <Korivan> Hmm.
  • <Korivan> If you want to see this place.... If you want to have any chance to access it magics... it must be done in a way the Ankai will tolerate.
  • <May> You came to me.
  • <Korivan> As a sign of respect.
  • <May> What would you accept?
  • <Korivan> Twenty.
  • <Korivan> No more.
  • <May> Hmmm...
  • <May> Twenty soldiers. I'll also need four or five of my ritualists to help.
  • <Korivan> Then choose them from among your soldiers.
  • May gives you the "Really?" look.
  • Korivan 's brows furrow slightly
  • <May> Fine. But consider this a favor. You owe me one.
  • <Korivan> I will remember that you made this...concession.
  • May rolls her eyes but smiles.
  • Induriel (Mibbit@70.51.29.80) has joined #YOAW
  • <May> Alright. Go get ready. I need to talk to my uncle and Temu and maybe Kalu. I'll send a messenger when we're ready. Hopefully tomorrow.
  • Korivan nods
  • <Korivan> I you are not prepared, we will leave a unit to conduct you to us - I must go ahead to meeti with thr Ankai Gaath and make arrangements
  • May nods.
  • <May> Ok. Just be careful. If it *is* a demon it could be very dangerous. And not just physically.
  • <Korivan> Yes.
  • <Korivan> This is good, then

Laris accosts Korivan


* Korivan will make his way back ot of the keep
* Laris notices Korivan and will head over to have a word with him before he leaves
<Laris> Gaath Korivan, what has brought you here today?
* Korivan slows his pace and turns as the awareness that someone was actually talking to him penetrates
<Korivan> Dominus Laris
<Korivan> I spoke with Sirru May.
<Laris> Ah...
<Laris> I trust it went well?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Laris> I perceived some tension between you at the meeting previously... is it now resolved?
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Her anger has passed.
<Laris> Her former instructor indicated as much - she can be quick to anger, but also to forgive.
* Sahhiru is now known as Valtheriel
<Korivan> who?
<Laris> Ah... Ambassador Induriel.
<Laris> He was previously a teacher of hers, in Aethrennar.
<Korivan> I do not know him
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> hmm.
<Laris> Ah, he is recently arrived. Perhaps I can introduce you at some point - you and Hraal Kraaz that is. I know he would be interested to meet such prominent leaders in this area.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Perhaps when we return
<Laris> Are you going south to visit your new territory?
<Korivan> TO secure it, yes
* Laris nods
<Laris> Very well.
<Laris> Is there any aid you require for your trip?
<Korivan> Sirry May has agreed to come... for her knowledge of demon magics
<Laris> Demon magics?
* Laris asks, feeling that sounds worrying
<Korivan> Yes... we do not know all what we will find at Lake Ankai
<Laris> well... may fortune favour you, then.
* Korivan nods
<Laris> And... take care of Domina Mamitu.
<Korivan> She will be safe.
<Laris> it would not do to have her devoured by demons.
<Korivan> no, it would not.
<Laris> Well... safe travels, then.
* Laris will give you a polite nod and let you be on your way.
<Korivan> Yes... we go with the favour of Bane and the ancestors.
<Korivan> Be well, Dominus.

Solos