Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 26

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 26 Next

Summary

Istima, Quetar of the Nalta Yaru, appears to Korivan in his tent to speak to him about a non-interference pact for her and her allies when the Hrieffen move against the Amanya Hatal. The Thantopolitan contingent are introduces to the suitors that Laris's father has picked out: Caelius Latens Sakkors, Marcus Castus Zorika, and Sagax Nykona. Eren Brescia spends some time getting to know May at the archery range. On the way back to Nēšu Abamātu, Eyllia stops in to report to her mother with the Houses of Elemental Order. She visits her family, presents Laris to the council, tells them about the new islands. She laters takes Dianthea for a romantic walk. Laris has some time alone with Rufus, and Korivan tells Kraaz about the intrusion into his tent.


Session

Session date: 2019-01-06
In Game date: A few days to a week following the previous session

Solos

Istima accosts Korivan


* Kennesaw is now known as YOAW_Narrator
* NPC1 (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<NPC1> Check check
<Laris> yo
<YOAW_Narrator> Heather, you down to start with Korivan?
* Retrieving #gnomeland modes...
<Korivan> sure :)
<YOAW_Narrator> All right. I assume you're headed back to the Hrieffen sacred space after your trip to the city/time with the eladrin?
<Korivan> I believe so, yes
<Korivan> (the ancestors are running a protection racket. I promise we'll pay up next month ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> All right. You'd end up camping one night on the way, and this will happen then.
<Korivan> (We're good for it I swear, please leave my my kneecaps ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh, fair.
<YOAW_Narrator> In fairness, aren't most gods?
<Korivan> (yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> "This is a nice world you got. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it."
<YOAW_Narrator> At some point when you're alone in your tent, a voice that you're almost certain isn't in your head (far to high to be one of the ancestors) will address you.
* NPC1 is now known as Voice
<Voice> Aiya, Gaath Hrieffen. I hoped to have a moment to speak.
<Korivan> ....who's there?
* @Korivan will say, looking around too see/sense who or what is addressing him
<Korivan> (assuming it isn't i my head because.... maybe. Can't rule it out >.>)
* @Korivan sort of assumes its some kind of spirit, though
<YOAW_Narrator> Looking around, you'll find a gnome sitting in front of your fire. She's dressed in leathers dyed green, matching her wild hair and narrowed eyes.
* Voice is now known as Gnome
* Gnome holds up a hand in a placating gesture.
<Gnome> I'm sorry for the theatrics, but I wanted to be careful traveling through others' lands. It was important few people knew of us speaking.
* @Korivan frowns down at her
<Gnome> I'm Istima, Quetar of the Nalta Yaru.
<Korivan> (does any of that mean anything to me?)
<Gnome> (You probably know that Quetar means "speaker," roughly analogous to a Gaath, and the Nalta Yaru are a gnome tribe who owes allegiance to the Amanya Hatal.)
* Gnome is now known as Istima
<Korivan> hmmm....
<Korivan> Why have you....come to me, Quetar Istima
<Istima> You're gathering allies. While we have certain obligations, the Nalta Yaru would prefer not to be enemies of the Hrieffen and their Imperial friends. We can see which way the wind is blowing.
<Korivan> Hmm.
<Korivan> What do you see in the wind for...your people?
<Istima> Peace, if it can be found. If not, survival.
<Istima> The Amanya Hatal cannot allow you and your imperial friends to run unchecked much longer.
<Istima> They will oppose you, and it is anyone's guess who will prevail.
<Korivan> If you believe that....why are you here.
<Istima> Because, between us and our close allies, we command almost half the strength the Amanya Hatal can call upon.
<Istima> You could face all of us, with an unsure and likely devastating outcome, no matter who wins. Or, you could leave us in peace and secure your expansion.
<Korivan> and what if your....obligations?
<Korivan> (of)
<Istima> The important ones are to our allies. Some of us may not personally oppose the Amanya Hatal, but few enough are bound by that particular oath.
<Korivan> hmmm.
<Korivan> What allies are these?
<Istima> The Haugbror, the Nicondo, the Hravan. In more recent years, the Ardclach as well.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Ogre, pixies, gnome, and dwarf tribes, respectively)
<Istima> The mountain priests bow to Hatal strength; they have no love for the elves.
* @Korivan nods
<Istima> Provide them an alternative, and promise to leave them alone, and they'll answer to you instead.
<Korivan> And we speak to them.... through you?
* Vess (~vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Istima> Through us, through the Nicondo...they don't like outsiders.
<Korivan> I will take this.... to the Hraal.
* Istima nods.
<Korivan> (What d the ancestors think?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (They don't seem to like the little gnome much, but that's largely Hrieffen bigotry more than wisdom. Not that Korivan would parse that completely.)
<Korivan> (yeah, seems legit)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Some of them see the wisdom of this, others are grumbling that it's cowardly)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Wisdom assuming it's legit, rather)
<Korivan> (yeah)
<Istima> My hope would be this is a matter for speakers rather than warriors, but I know it involves you both.
<Istima> It would be...unseemly for me to speak directly to your warchief.
<Korivan> We are all warriors.
<Istima> All are warriors in these times. I meant no offense.
* @Korivan nods
<Korivan> We will....speak more.
<Istima> The moon turn her face toward the hour of our meeting, Gaath Hrieffen.
* Istima says formally.
* Vess is now known as Eyllia
<YOAW_Narrator> You see her make a small gesture, and, from one moment to the next, she is gone. A whisp of magic lingers to your senses, then even that is gone.
<YOAW_Narrator> (wisp, rather)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I don't know what a whisp is)
* @Korivan scowls at that, but will go find Kraaz

Lucius introduces the suitors from Thantopolis


<YOAW_Narrator> Your father will arrange for you to have dinner the night before you leave with the three Thantopolitan suitors he's sending with you to Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> (just me?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It occurs to me that you could be around for this if you like, Terry, or Dianthea and Eyllia could beg off and go do their own thing.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Up to you folks. Dianthea's fine either way)
<Laris> (if Terry wants them to be there, that's fine :)
* Lucius will be there long enough to introduce you.
<Eyllia> (I would probably be curious, since I've got May's back)
* Laris will ask Rufus if he wants to come, since we're having company ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, yeah, he'd probably be there, too.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, I only have so many windows. This will take some juggling.)
<Lucius> (Once everybody is gathered) I have the honor of presenting Caelius Latens Sakkors, Marcus Castus Zorika, and Sagax Nykona. My son, Laris Valerius, his wife, Dianthea Lucilla; their companions Rufus Metillius Auspex and Eyllia D'Azzure of the Houses of Elemental Order.
<Lucius> Now, I have other business, but I hope you all have an enjoyable meal.
* Laris nods politely
<YOAW_Narrator> The three suitors are easy enough to tell apart, Caelius being shadar-kai, Marcus vryloka, and Sagax tiefling.
<YOAW_Narrator> Fellow Thantopolitans can deduce which is which from their house names.
<Laris> Good evening, gentlemen. Thank you for joining us.
* Lucius is now known as Caelius
<Caelius> A pleasure, Legatus.
<Caelius> You are kind to welcome us into your home.
* Marcus (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Sagax (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Marcus> Congratulations on your wedding.
<Sagax> An auspicious event, surely.
<Laris> Thank you.
<Marcus> I hope we prove little enough of a burden on your voyage home.
<Eyllia> (so how do these three present themselves? their manerisms, etc... and physical stature?)
<Laris> It will no doubt be crowded, but we can all endure a bit of close quarters for a week or so.
<YOAW_Narrator> Caelius reminds you a little of Induriel, actually, somewhat formal and, oddly, with somewhat similar clothing. Marcus is polite and a bit stiff, but that largely seems like nerves. Sagax is the most at ease, but still friendly, with a quick smile.
<YOAW_Narrator> (I do have some art here, just a sec)
<YOAW_Narrator> Caelius.jpg
<YOAW_Narrator> Marcus.jpg
<YOAW_Narrator> Sagax.jpg
* Sagax is now known as Rufus
* Rufus is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> We'll squeeze in, I'm sure.
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Dianthea
* Dianthea laughs a bit at that.
<Dianthea> I'm sure it will be a lovely trip.
<Eyllia> unfortunately its still the rainy season so the deck will be a little wet, but if you don't mind the rain, you'll be able to stretch out
<Eyllia> have any of you three spent time at sea?
<YOAW_Narrator> Caelius and Marcus nod.
<Caelius> I've actually been to Nesu Abamatu once, when my family traveled to Aethrennar for the first time.
<Laris> (do I remember this, or was it before my time?)
<Marcus> I served with the second fleet for a time.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You remember them coming through very early in your tenure.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (They would have stayed a night or two at the keep, as nobles, and then moved on.)
<Laris> Ah yes, I recall that visit. You may find it's changed a bit since then.
* Dianthea is now known as Sagax
<Sagax> So we hear. Goblins and dragons and all manner of things.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I hope you will find it an interesting opportunity.
<Caelius> And an ambassador from Queen Alcarinel, I understand?
<Laris> Yes.
<Caelius> Quite the honor she took an interest.
<Laris> There are a number of emissaries from various factions.
<Marcus> I heard that's not the only queen to take an interest. Is it true you have a revenant there?
* Sagax is now known as Dianthea
* Dianthea casts a glance at Laris.
<Laris> Yes.
<Marcus> A blessing indeed.
* Laris is a bit curious how he heard about it, but figures word has gotten around.
* Dianthea is now known as Sagax
<Sagax> A revenant? Really?
* Laris nods
<Sagax> Quite a place you have.
<Sagax> I'm excited to see it.
<Laris> If you allow yourselves to be open to it, Nesu Abamatu is a place of many opportunities.
<Marcus> And her ruler? Can you tell us about her?
<Laris> Domina Mamitu Lalu is a young tiefling woman. She is well-educated and has an interest in magic and rituals, as well as reading more generally. She is bright, although still new to her role.
<Marcus> I can imagine it's difficult, being thrust into that role.
<Sagax> Please, she's born to it, like the rest of us.
<Laris> I think she was both prepared for it, and unprepared, if that makes sense.
* Sagax smiles, conveying he's (mostly) joking.
<Laris> Prepared for it by her birth and education, but also unprepared due to her circumstances, as her family mostly perished in the fall of Bael Turath when she was quite young.
<Marcus> A dark time for all.
<Laris> It was not necessarily a sure thing that she would take up her position.
<Caelius> Oh?
<Laris> Well... circumstances could have prevented it.
* Laris says obliquely, leaving aside that HE could probably have prevented it :p
<Caelius> The transition seems to have gone fairly smoothly, from what I've heard. A bit of trouble with natives, but you turned that around.
<Caelius> Demon summoners or somesuch?
* Marcus frowns at that.
<Laris> The Mazakai.
<Sagax> *Barbarian* demon summoners, Caelius. They're easy enough to deal with if you know what you're doing.
<Sagax> Demons, I mean. I have little experience with barbarians, but I suppose this trip will broaden my horizons.
<Laris> It would be unwise to assume that because the local tribes are barbarians, they are easy to deal with.
* Laris says mildly
<Marcus> Maazikai? "Bound in blood"?
* Marcus translate the tribe name literally.
* Laris nods
<Marcus> Hmm.
<Laris> One thing you will want to each bear in mind is that, while you may have been accustomed to grouping all these tribes together as "barbarians", they have their own allegiances, ambitions, and attitudes. They are not a single undifferentiated mass, nor can they be easily dismissed. Indeed, some are our allies.
<Marcus> The...Hrieffen, correct?
<Caelius> With newly appointed leaders Hraal Kraak and Gaath Kolivan? Or something like that?
<Laris> Kraaz and Korivan.
* Laris corrects
<Marcus> Some of us did pay attention to where we're going, Legatus.
* Marcus glances at Sagax.
* Laris smiles slightly at that.
<Sagax> I did pay attention. Maazikai, Hrieffen, Amanya Hatal, Osoro...just because they're less civilized doesn't mean I didn't listen.
<Laris> I merely want to give you some insight into the situation you're going into. We are interlopers there, to put it bluntly, and we need to operate cautiously among the locals to maintain our position.
<Caelius> Yes, they only recently offered you real support.
* Sagax is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> If you call me and two centuries support.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
<Marcus> And expanding fleet operations.
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Sagax
<Sagax> Which I hope don't prove to meddlesome to your people, uh, Lady D'Azzure.
<YOAW_Narrator> (too, rather)
<Laris> Also, if I may speak freely, only one of you, at most, and if you are fortuate enough, will be wedded to Domina Mamitu, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other potential benefits to your time in our city. By all means, pay court to her, but also keep your eyes open for other opportunities for advancement and service. I don't want you to feel that if you don't wind up as her husband,
<Laris> your visit has been wasted.
<Eyllia> The sea is big. I'm not too concerned
<Caelius> Not at all, Legatus. We'll keep our eyes peeled for all possibilities, and do our best to support Thantopolitan interests.
* Laris nods
<Sagax> Our Houses interests, he means.
<Marcus> We serve both, just as Legatus Corvis does.
* Sagax is now known as Dianthea
<Laris> It's a balance we must each maintain in our own way.
<Dianthea> And, honestly, local interests coincide with ours more often than you might think.
* Laris nods to that as well
<Laris> Having a stable port and base for trade, even if we control it, is in the interests of most of the locals.
* Dianthea is now known as Sagax
<Sagax> I can imagine. Our finished goods for their raw materials, standard colony trade.
<Laris> We'll be arriving back at the start of campaign season. Are any of you skilled in war?
* Caelius glances at the other two.
<Laris> Marcus, I know you served with the second fleet - in what capacity?
<Marcus> Marine centurion. Mostly anti-pirate actions in the north.
* Laris nods
<Marcus> A lot of little islands and inlets for them to hide in up there.
<Marcus> The Raven Queen watched over me, and here I am.
* Marcus smiles humbly.
<Marcus> Caelius, you fought for Aethrennar while you were there, no?
* Caelius nods.
<Laris> The maritime trade and travel routes are important to Nesu Abamatu, so your experience will no doubt be a benefit.
<Caelius> Served with Lord Telcontar, border skirmishes and the like.
* Laris nods
<Marcus> Thank you, Legatus. I'm interested in seeing Captain D'Azzure's vessel. I'm told the Houses have remarkable ships.
<Laris> Yes - and we'll be paying a brief visit to her people's, ah, base of operations on the way back, so you may get to see more of them.
* Marcus smiles at that.
<Marcus> Sagax, you were a summoner with the Seventh, if I recall?
* Sagax nods.
<Sagax> Not much of a frontline fighter, me, but I'll call up plenty of auxilliaries...given time.
<Laris> Definitely something that is much in demand.
* Laris agrees.
* Sagax is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> We'll have to put you to work with us, or with Siru Lalu's sorcerers.
<Rufus_Metillius> She has a whole contingent that survived the Shattering.
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Sagax
<Sagax> Turathi-trained? Awesome!
* Sagax grins.
<Laris> She summoned some erinyes, that was quite a feat.
<Sagax> Oh, what legion? No, I'll ask her when we get there. That *is* quite a feat.
<Caelius> What did you have planned for the campaign season, if we can ask?
<Laris> The Osoro, a local halfling tribe, have been causing some issues with river trade - well, their leader has. Likely they will be one of the first obstacles to deal with.
<Laris> Beyond that, we will have to see - the Amanya Hatal are also a likely opponent, depending on how things go. But also, I have been away for a month, so things may have changed in my absence.
<Caelius> The Amanya Hatal...they're elven, if I remember correctly.
* Laris nods
<Caelius> Vassals to Vanilorra?
<Laris> No, independant.
<Sagax> Interesting.
<Marcus> I take it they oppose our settlement in the region?
<Laris> Well, certainly its expansion.
* Marcus nods.
<Laris> The more allies we gather and territory we gain, the more we pose a threat to them
<Marcus> Of course.
<Marcus> And the halfling tribe? How do things stand there?
<Laris> In that case, I have some hope that the situation may be resolved with a ... change of leadership, rather than outright battle.
<Laris> But the Hrieffen may not care for such machinations - they do like to fight, and grow restless without an opponent. So we'll see.
<Caelius> They sound like...interesting allies.
<Laris> They are.
<Laris> Our alliance was first built out of necessity, but they have made considerable sacrifices for it. I value them greatly.
* Marcus nods approvingly.
<Sagax> I probably shouldn't call them barbarians, then.
* Sagax grins.
<Laris> I don't think they would appreciate it, no.
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Laris> They do throw very ... enthusiastic... parties.
<Caelius> Oh?
<Laris> I'm sure you'll see.
<Laris> Our return may be sufficient occasion for one, when combined with the start of campaign season.
<Caelius> We'll look forward to it, then.
* Sagax nods assent.
* Marcus smiles politely.

Eren and May Practice Archery


* Eren will find May at the archery butts.
<Eren> Aiya, Siru Mamitu. Mind if I join you?
* May is stringing her bow and heading out to get started.
* May looks up.
* Eren has his finely made eladrin bow and a case of arrows slung at his waist.
<May> Oh, of course... Lord... Brescia, correct?
<YOAW_Narrator> (What language are you speaking?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (He probably used elduar)
<May> (What did he address me in?)
<May> (Then I'd probably speak that back)
<Eren> Yes, that's correct, but Eren is fine. You are the ruler here, of course.
* Eren smiles.
* May returns the smile.
<Eren> Shall we?
* Eren gestures for you to go first.
<May> Oh... yes, of course.
* May will glance at him a bit nervously and then approach the line.
<Eren> I'd heard you took some interest in archery. A pleasant coincidence.
<May> I didn't know you were an archer. I must admit it's not my specialty.
<May> But it gets me out of the keep.
<Eren> Ask your friends, ah, Kraaz and Korivan, I believe. We downed two drakes the other day.
* May will draw her bow. Eren might notice her stance is a bit awkward due to her tail.
<May> Really?
<Eren> Well, it's good exercise, regardless. Your specialty is more mystical, no?
* May will fire off a shot.
<May> Very much so.
<Eren> Anything in particular?
* Eren will step up to the line.
<May> Summoning mostly, though I find value in all mystic arts. Are you versed in any?
* Eyllia (~vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
<Eren> A few...
* Eren 's eyes glow for a moment, and, before you realize it, three more arrows are stuck in the butt at which you were shooting.
<Eren> Though that's mostly inborn.
<May> Interesting... Is that some form of summoning? Is it specific to archery?
* Eren laughs.
<Eren> No, it's time manipulation.
<May> ...
<Eren> Dragonmarked.
<May> Time manipulation...
* Eren smiles.
<May> Now that *is* interesting...
<Eren> I can't hold it for long, but I can speed it up or slow it down for myself.
<Eren> Or for something or someone I'm in physical contact with.
<May> That's a very powerful mark.
* Eren shrugs in at least seeming humility.
<Eren> As I said, I cannot maintain it for long.
* May smiles.
<Eren> I like to think of it as 'bending' time, and it can only bend so far.
* Eren steps back and gestures for May to shoot again.
<May> We all have limitations. I'm hoping that mine will develop more over time. I'm sure yours will too.
<Eren> I'm sure you have less than you think. I understand you helped bring down the dragon that attacked, through several rituals.
<Eren> Less limitations, to be clear.
* May will line up another shot and laugh.
<May> You could say that. There were lots of us helping. It was a team effort. Like this city.
* May fires an arrow and draws a second.
<Eren> So I'm given to understand.
<Eren> You've dealt with quite a lot in a short amount of time.
<Eren> And you seem to have a talent for gathering allies.
* Eyllia (~vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<May> I will admit, it has been interesting here.
<May> But we get by. We have friends because we welcome everyone here.
<Eren> Do you miss Aethrennar?
* May fires another shot.
* May 's last shot hits a little wide.
<May> ...Sometimes.
<Eren> Thantopolis may be "the Eternal City," but Aethrennar will always be waiting there for you, as well.
<Eren> My cousin speaks very highly of you.
<May> Waiting for me? What do you mean?
<Eren> Should you care to visit, I mean.
<May> Oh. Yes.
<Eren> Nesu Abamatu needs you now, but you'll stabilize it further, I'm sure.
<Eren> Then, you might be able to take your leisure. Revisit your old home.
<Eren> I know the Queen would welcome such a visit in the future.
<May> I hope so. It would be nice to be able to travel. Though I guess the life of a ruler leaves little time for that short of official ambassadorial excursions.
<May> I doubt I'd be able to stay long in any event
<Eren> Such excursions may be fun, if you make them.
<Eren> I'm somewhat of an official representative here, and I'm having a splendid time.
* Eren smiles.
* May laughs.
<May> Good. Have you been into the city proper much?
<Eren> Not as such, no. Perhaps you'd be willing to show it to me.
<Eren> Exploration is fun, but a guide is a boon.
<May> That could probably be arranged. I'm sure I'll have at least a few spare minutes in the next... week or so.
* May grins.
<Eren> Well, I'm happy to help you make time.
* Eren grins.
<May> Oh? How do you propose to help with that?
<Eren> Well, as an experienced hunter, I can be pretty stealthy, if you were wanting to sneak away for a bit.
<Eren> Get out of the keep more, as you said.
* May laughs
<Eren> I may have some experience shirking responsibility.
<Eren> I could give you some pointers.
* May blushes
<May> Alright, Mr. Experienced Hunter. Tomorrow evening then?
<Eren> I look forward to it, Lady Mamitu. I believe it is still your shot.

Eyllia reunites with her family


<YOAW_Narrator> It's about a 6 day voyage out to the Houses earthmote flotilla.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake is fairly crowded these days, but that's not altogether unusual for a House ship.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake makes her way to the docks, which are relatively busy as usual.
<YOAW_Narrator> Without the chance to send word ahead, no one is waiting for you.
* Eyllia is a happy nervous returning home
* Laris is curious to see what the place looks like
<Eyllia> (since this is an unexpected return, Eyllia would have told her passengers to wait on board until preparations for them have been made. They need not disembark, if the do not desire)
<Eyllia> Right... lets see where the current is flowing
* Eren is now known as Dianthea
* Laris can stay on board but just look around from the deck
<Dianthea> So we just wait here for now?
* Marcus is now known as Lysa
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> Hopefully not too long
* Dianthea nods and smiles, a little nervously.
<Lysa> Shall we? Time and tide, you know.
* Eyllia nods in agreement
* Eyllia will disembark with her cousin
<YOAW_Narrator> You can make your way to the keep presently.
<Lysa> Even with the layover, a little sooner than I thought we'd be returning.
<Lysa> Think your mother will be happy with the news?
<Eyllia> Its important news. She'll be happy
<Eyllia> Or she better be
<Lysa> I'm sure that's the right attitude to take.
<YOAW_Narrator> The guards recognize you and let you in, after a quick "Welcome home"
<Eyllia> I've been doing my best to keep things together... damn straight its the right attitude
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear the familiar sound of combat training in the yard, and you spot your brothers. But for Lysa not being their instructor, it could be exactly as you left them.
* Eyllia smiles brightly at the sight of them
<Eyllia> XYRIN! RAIM!
* Dianthea is now known as Xyrin
* Sagax is now known as Xyrol
<YOAW_Narrator> (Raim?)
* Xyrol looks up and smiles brightly, running over to you and almost tackling you (or your shins, rather) with a hug.
<Xyrol> Eyla!
<Eyllia> (that was Xyrol... can read my own notes)
* Eyllia scoops up the boy
* Xyrin manages to compose himself, salutes his instructor, then hurries over.
<Xyrin> Welcome home!
<Xyrin> How was your voyage? Did you find anything cool?
<Lysa> We saw a dragon.
<Lysa> Eyllia basically fought it.
* Xyrin 's eyes grow huge.
<Eyllia> I had help
* Lysa grins.
<Eyllia> then I met a different dragon
<Xyrol> Was it scary?
<Xyrin> Two dragons?!
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> Its an amazing story! I became a storm.
* Eyllia spins her brother around
<Xyrin> What do you mean you became a storm?
<Xyrin> You're not a storm now.
<Eyllia> no, I came back to me afterward
<Xyrol> Whee! Eyla storm!
<Eyllia> I couldnt spend my whole life as a storm. I wouldnt be able to visit my brothers!
* Xyrin smiles.
<Xyrin> Okay, I need to hear this whole story.
<Xyrin> But I guess you should let mom know you're here.
<Eyllia> Yes. I need to talk with her. Its not just dragons I found.
<Xyrin> The other three heads of Houses are here.
<Xyrin> Just a warning.
* Eyllia mood sinks
<Eyllia> Ugh
<Lysa> This should be fun.
* Eyllia sets Xyrol down
<Eyllia> Calm seas spoiled already
<Xyrol> Aww.
* Xyrin shrugs in apology.
<Eyllia> better forwarned
<Xyrin> Come find me when you're done. I have so many questions.
* Eyllia gives Xyrin a hug
<Eyllia> will do
* Xyrin hugs back.
<Xyrin> Come on, ripple, I've still got practice.
* Xyrol pouts a little but follows.
* Eyllia looks a Lysa
<Eyllia> I could just write a letter
<Lysa> Or send me instead, but neither of those things is happening.
<Lysa> Sometimes through the storm is the only way.
<Eyllia> true words
<Eyllia> Lets be done with this
<Eyllia> at least we can restock the fire rum before we leave
<Lysa> Good to remember the important things.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can make your way inside, past another set of guards who greet you cheerfully.
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll inform you your mother is in the solar, so at least she's not having a full meeting of the Houses.
* Eyllia nods her thanks and moves to get this over and done with
<YOAW_Narrator> Someone will enter to let your mother know you're there, then they'll let you in.
<YOAW_Narrator> Sitting at the table is your mother, of course, along with Brahm D'Terra (Grahm's father and head of trade and agriculture), Pharcia D'Rossa (head of the fire Houses and roughly the highest military official of the Houses), and Siolina D'Burraca (head of the wind Houses and the most respected priestess and windspeaker of the Houses).
* Xyrin is now known as Eyricia
<Eyricia> Welcome home daughter, niece. An unexpected pleasure. You know Brahm, Pharcia, Siolina.
<Eyllia> Yes Mother, greetings
<YOAW_Narrator> The three of them greet with varying levels of enthusiasm.
* Eyllia says formally
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, D'Burrasca, sorry)
<Eyricia> Please, what brings you home? You have something to report?
<Eyllia> Yes I do, and it is of some import to all the Houses
* Eyllia will take the charts from Lysa
* Eyllia lays them out on the table
<YOAW_Narrator> All of them move to get a good view of the charts.
* Xyrol is now known as Brahm
<Eyllia> Very recently, the Drake encountered several islands that are uncharted
* Eyllia points to the islands on the map
<Brahm> Uncharted islands? By the natives here, you mean?
* Lysa is now known as Siolina
<Siolina> I *knew
* a good wind blew this day. Good work, Eyllia.
<Siolina> Captain D'Azzure.
<Eyllia> More than that. These islands did not exist the month or so before when I passed through these waters
* Siolina corrects herself at your mother's look.
<Eyricia> Changed land, then?
<Eyllia> Manifested from Elemental Chaos
* Brahm is now known as Pharcia
<Pharcia> How do you know?
<Pharcia> Are they inhabited?
<Eyllia> there are natives on the lands, yes, similar to Hiskaru
<Eyllia> but they are of elemental origin
<Eyllia> they speak an old form of Primordial
<Siolina> Githxilons?
<YOAW_Narrator> (Elementally corrupted people of Hiskaru. Decidedly not the Kahewai)
<Eyllia> the one I met referred to herself as one of the Kahewai
* Pharcia frowns.
<Eyllia> not Githxilons
<Pharcia> I'm not familiar. What did they looks like?
* Eyllia describes Kanalu
<Eyricia> Truly of elemental origin, then. Interesting.
<Eyricia> How many were there?
<Eyllia> She refered to me as a marid
* Eyricia looks surprised at that.
* Eyllia will make a rough guess of the people in the village she saw
<Eyllia> and there were other villages
<Eyricia> They know our ancestors, at least.
<Eyricia> You spoke to them? Were they friendly?
<Eyllia> they were yes. The ones I met were simple fishermen
<Eyllia> the islands, though...
<Eyllia> are a day or so sail from Nēšu Abamātu
<Eyllia> and along a main trade route to Thantopolis
* Eyllia points them out on the chart
* Pharcia is now known as Brahm
<Brahm> Nesu Abamatu? That was the Thantopolitan outpost...here, right?
* Brahm points on the charts.
<Eyllia> yes.
<Brahm> This could be our break, Eyricia.
* Eyricia frowns, thinking.
<Eyllia> The Drake has landed there and made contact with the leaders... its actually under Turathi rule
<Siolina> I thought there wasn't any more Turathi rule.
<Eyllia> Some of the houses still exist. Its House Lalû that rules the city, but the Thantoplians still have a presence
<Eyricia> Do they know about these islands?
<Eyricia> You say they're near.
<Eyllia> in fact, the Legate in charge of the contingent is on the Drake right now. I was transporting him and his wife to thier wedding.
<Eyllia> and yes they know
* Eyricia stops short at that.
<Eyricia> To their...they're here now?
* Eyllia nods
<Eyricia> Can this Legatus...?
* Eyricia pauses for a name.
<Eyllia> I diverted on the return trip to Nēšu Abamātu
<Eyllia> I felt it was important to bring this information to you
<Brahm> You were quite right to do so.
* Brahm is now known as Lysa
<Lysa> Corvis, ma'am.
* Eyllia shakes her head
<Eyricia> Can this Legatus Corvis speak to the dispensation of the islands?
<Eyllia> I don't feel that the Thantopolitans necessarily have the resources to secure the islands, or at least have not had time to muster them
<Eyllia> (I did not notice any mobilizations when we left the city did I?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (No, they didn't seem to be making any plans. You got the impression they were leaving it to May, and likely Laris.)
<Eyricia> Well then, we should at least offer them a place at our table tonight. We can discuss it after, I think.
<Eyllia> Legatus Corvis is not unobservent. He's concluded the reason for this visit.
<Eyricia> Good. I'd hate to be neighbors with an incompetent.
* Eyricia looks at her fellow councilors.
<Eyricia> Brahm, would you be so good as to accompany my daughter to welcome our guests?
<Eyllia> There are four others in their contingent, oustide of Legatus Corvis and his... wife.
<Eyricia> We'll make do.
* Lysa is now known as Brahm
<Brahm> Of course.
<Brahm> Shall we, Captain?
* Brahm stands.
<Eyllia> Very well
* Eyllia will leave with Brahm
<Brahm> Siolina was right. This is excellent work, Eyllia.
* Brahm says once you're out of the room.
<Eyllia> you haven't even heard about me fighting a dragon
* Eyllia smiles
<Brahm> A dragon?!
* Brahm stops in his tracks for a moment.
<Brahm> Is everyone all right? Is Grahm...?
<Eyllia> everyone is fine
<Brahm> Well, you're to be doubly commended, then. Fighting off a dragon is no mean feat.
<Eyllia> If something had happened to Grahm, I would have opened with that.
<Eyllia> I had help
* Brahm smiles gently.
<Brahm> I appreciate that.
<Brahm> He asked to go, you know.
<Brahm> Oh?
<Eyllia> really?
<Eyllia> I never expected that of him
<Brahm> These Thantopolitans you were transporting?
<Brahm> Yes, he wanted to see the world, he said.
<Eyllia> yes them, the Turathi and Hrieffen at Nēšu Abamātu
<Eyllia> as well
<Brahm> And, I hope this isn't out of line, but he's quite fond of you. I may have mentioned you were being considered for the Captaincy.
<Brahm> The Hrieffen?
<Eyllia> there also called hobgoblins generally... thats a specific tribe name
<Eyllia> as far as I figure
<Brahm> Ah. More potential allies, then? If you fought a dragon together and all.
* Eyllia nods
<Brahm> Quite the voyage, Captain.
* Brahm smiles.
<Eyllia> yes
<Eyllia> there is more to the tale than that, but for another time.
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Brahm> It's good to see you home safe. You can tell us all over dinner.
<YOAW_Narrator> Brahm will chat with you all the way to the docks.

Laris, Graham, and Dianthea chat on the Drake


* Dianthea looks out over the earthmote.
<Dianthea> This is amazing.
<Laris> It's very impressive.
<Dianthea> Their whole people on these sky islands.
<Rufus_Metillius> Skylands.
* Laris chuckles at that
* Brahm is now known as Grahm
<Laris> It must have been a considerable magical undertaking to master these lands.
<Grahm> Well, they do most of the work.
<Laris> oh?
<Grahm> The floating and all.
<Grahm> We just direct them a bit.
<Laris> But your people are able to... steer them?
<Grahm> More or less. We make them more likely to go one way rather than another.
<Grahm> Earthspeakers and windspeakers together.
<Laris> Interesting.
<Grahm> The waterspeakers as well, when they're in the water like this.
<Laris> But your people did not always live on these lands, is that correct?
<Grahm> No we're from Ahkas, over the ocean, far east of here.
<Grahm> There were...problems, and our people had to flee.
* Laris nods
<Laris> That must have been a difficult challenge.
<Laris> Did you already use the earthmotes for travel at that point?
<Grahm> It's an ongoing one, but with some hope in sight.
<Grahm> When we left, yes. We'd controlled a few, or, rather, various Houses had. We brought them all together when we all fled.
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> You all seem to have done a remarkable job.
* Grahm shrugs.
<Laris> How do the Houses cooperate together? Does each have its own leadership who make decisions together?
<Grahm> We endure.
<Grahm> Each House has it's own head, then the Houses of similar ancestry appoint someone to speak for them, and those four make decisions together. With our current circumstances, House D'Azzure is our de facto leader, overall. Each of the Houses has their specialties.
<Dianthea> House D'Azzure controls the navy, right?
<Grahm> And external relations.
<Grahm> Two things of significant import, you can imagine.
<Grahm> My father directs agriculture and supply.
* Laris nods
<Grahm> House D'Burrasca has the majority of our magical might, and House D'Rossa what military might we have. They train everyone in the basics.
<Grahm> Those are the leading Houses of each Plane, as it were.
<Dianthea> Oh, look, there she is.
* Dianthea waves.
* Laris glances over in the direction Dianthea was looking
* Eyllia waves back
<Rufus_Metillius> Is that your father, Grahm?
* Grahm nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> Quite the resemblance.
* Grahm gives a half-smile.
* Grahm is now known as Brahm
* Brahm will wait on the dock.

Eyllia invites the Thanopolitans to dinner


<Eyllia> not waiting too long were you?
<Dianthea> We passed the time, but I'm excited to get off the boat.
<Eyllia> good
<Eyllia> Legatus Corvis... you and your wife have been invited to join the leaders of the Houses to sup tonight
<Laris> Thank you, very generous.
<Eyllia> the rest of your contingent will be appropriately cared for. They may join us in the keep or remain on the ship.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I will leave it to their choice, then.
* Dianthea grins.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm not *not
* seeing this place.
<YOAW_Narrator> The three suitors will likewise express their interest.
<Laris> Very well.
<Eyllia> Good enough
* Laris will dress suitably for dinner
<Eyllia> now let me introduce you Brahm D'Terra one of the heads of House
<Eyllia> and I'm sure you can deduce if he hasn't told you already, Grahm's father.
* Grahm is now known as Brahm
<Brahm> A pleasure to meet you, and welcome you to our lands.
<Laris> Thank you
<Eyllia> (im not sure where everone is getting changed for supper, here or in the keep?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Probably the keep?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Just have poor Calkas bring everything)
<Laris> (lol, poor Calkas. hopefully other people can help with carrying ;)
<Dianthea> A pleasure to meet you as well.
* Brahm will greet you all, then give his son an obviously embarrassing bear hug.
* Brahm will lead you all to the keep, chatting lightly with you along the way.
* Laris looks around at the place as we approach the keep.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Terry, you want to describe what you pictured it looking like?)
<Eyllia> (its a small town built around the central keep... land is tightly organized as it is a premium, divided into distinct quarters.)
<Eyllia> (an agriculteral section where food is grown and processed, which interfaces with an industrial section, where brewerys, and smiths are located, next to a technical section, where schools, magical teachings, and military teachings and training occurs, and finally a residential section with homes and a few leasure places, like inns and such)
<Eyllia> (the keep is a central hub where a market for internal trade and external good)
* Brahm will lead you inside the keep, where servants will take you to temporary quarters.
<YOAW_Narrator> Presumably, your stuff will catch up with you and you can change for dinner.
<Eyllia> (Genasi of all types move around... as everything is packed tight in the limited landspace)
<YOAW_Narrator> Servants will return to your rooms to bring you down to dinner. Maybe just one servant. There's no need for more than one person to do this, as the Houses are nothing if not efficient.
* Laris is glad he got some new clothes in Thantopolis
* Dianthea will dress to impress as well, in a newly acquired dress.
<Laris> you look lovely :3
* Eyllia is wearing a deep blue dress with a layered wave motif
* Laris will tell her as we're heading out
* Rufus_Metillius dresses nice, but perhaps not as fashionably.
<Dianthea> Thank you. You look very handsome.
<Dianthea> Time to make a good impression.
* Laris nods
* Dianthea 's dress is probably a most simple tunic of nice material with an embroidered border of snowflakes, with a dark blue stolla over it.
<Dianthea> (mostly, not most)
* Brahm is now known as Eyricia
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyricia and her fellow councilors will be waiting when you arrive.
<Eyricia> Legatus Corvis, welcome to Hearthspire.
<Laris> Thank you for your hospitality.
<Eyricia> Please, be seated. I'm sure a good meal is a welcome break from naval fare.
<Dianthea> Thank you, Lady D'Azzure.
<Eyricia> Councilor is fine, my dear, or Eyricia, if you're bold. We're not technically of noble blood here.
* Laris will escort Dianthea to her seat and then take his.
<Eyricia> At least not for some time.
<YOAW_Narrator> They seat Laris to Eyricia, across from Brahm. Dianthea is further down the table, across from Eyllia.
* Eyllia wishes her legs were longer
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Brahm
<Brahm> Legatus Corvis here is Thantopolis's representative in Nesu Abamatu.
<Eyricia> The newly Turathi port to the southwest, yes?
<Laris> Yes, that is correct.
<Eyricia> I understand my daughter has given you some assistance these past months.
<Laris> Yes, she has been very helpful.
<Brahm> She claims you fought a dragon together.
<Dianthea> The whole city, really, but Eyllia was instrumental.
* Brahm is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Rufus_Metillius> And elemental.
<Rufus_Metillius> Moreso, I mean.
* Eyllia giggles
<Rufus_Metillius> Really spectacular magic, that.
<Laris> Yes. It was a catastrophic dragon. Infused with some elemental powers.
<Laris> So her assistance was invaluable.
<Eyricia> Gods, how awful.
<Laris> You should be very proud of her - she fought valiantly.
<Eyricia> You fought it personally, Eyllia?
<Eyllia> I drove it from the sky by becoming a storm
<Eyllia> thanks to combined magical efforts
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Siolina
<Siolina> A becoming? That's quite the advanced ritual. You had someone there capable of such workings?
<Dianthea> Our allies. Gaath Korivan of the Hrieffen, Ambassador Antalanon from Aethrennar, and several of your own people.
* Siolina is now known as Pharcia
<Pharcia> Well done.
<Eyllia> yes Vana, the Drakes windspeaker was instrumental
<Eyricia> Well done indeed.
<Eyricia> Moreso for the combined effort.
<Eyricia> We know something of that here.
<Eyricia> Nesu Abamatu sounds like quite the crossroads.
<Laris> It has become so, yes.
<Eyllia> A good place to have close contact with, considering
<Laris> I understand your people have been adrift on the waves of fate for some time. You have done well here.
<Eyricia> We make do. I'm sure Eyllia has mentioned we hope to find a home again.
<Laris> Yes, I've been given to understand you seek a more permanent base of operations.
* Eyricia nods.
<Eyricia> Nesu Abamatu continues to seek allies, yes?
<Laris> Indeed, we do.
<Eyricia> And new land has been discovered nearby.
* Laris nods
<Eyricia> Have plans been made for its settlement?
<Laris> Not at present. If your people are interested in investigating the possibility of settling there, I would support your endeavours - provided that you are accomodating to the villagers already living there.
* Pharcia is now known as Brahm
<Brahm> Some sort of primasi, no? At least, that's what it sounded like.
<Eyllia> I'm confident we can find common ground with them
<Laris> Natives of the Elemental Chaos. I admit I am not an expert in their cultures, but they seem to have some commonalities with your people.
<Brahm> If I'm right, we've coexisted before. I see no reason we can't now.
* Brahm is now known as Pharcia
<Pharcia> I'm somewhat surprised to hear you defend them, Legatus. Didn't your people conquer the region where Nesu Abamatu lies?
<Laris> My personal preference would be to make allies with those who have done us no wrong, and who are disposed to be friendly.
<Laris> But I uphold the decisions of the Senate.
<Eyricia> A wise and noble outlook, surely.
<Eyricia> I see no reason we can't be at peace with the existing populace, while providing a more...experienced hand in wider government.
* Laris nods
<Eyricia> It sounded as though they were friendly enough.
<Laris> Yes, they were welcoming when we visited there. They seemed to be a relatively simple folk, and unfamiliar with these lands.
<Laris> To be honest - if you do not take up residence there, someone else surely will, and they may be someone less favourably inclined. Being so near to Nesu Abamatu, I would like to ensure that anyone becoming our neighbours is willing to be on good terms with the city.
<Eyricia> It sounds as if my daughter already has been.
* Dianthea laughs and then immediately catches herself.
<Dianthea> She's been quite the diplomat, Councilor.
* Laris nods
* Pharcia is now known as Rufus_Metillius
* Rufus_Metillius smirks.
* Eyllia gives Rufus a "look"
<Eyricia> We're certainly interested in diplomatic relations with Nesu Abamatu. What can you tell me of her ruler?
<Eyllia> Domina Māmītu Lalû... she's young like myself
<Eyllia> and I've had the opportunity to spend some time with her
<Laris> She is young, but growing in experience. She is skilled in ritual magic and summoning, and is of a scholarly disposition.
<Eyllia> I agree, she is establishing herself, and I personally like her.
* Eyricia nods.
<Eyricia> She sounds like a fine ally.
<Eyricia> Do you think she'll be so inclined towards having us settle the new islands?
<Laris> I think she will see the widsom in having allies so close on hand.
<Eyricia> And the rest of the region? I would hate to upset any balance.
<Laris> The region would be destabilized more by having pirates or raiders take up residence there, which is quite possible if they remain under-inhabited.
* Eyricia nods.
* Rufus_Metillius is now known as Pharcia
<Pharcia> Well, we'll be sure to root out any who try.
<Laris> Good.
<Laris> We would certainly welcome your representatives to visit Nesu Abamatu and speak further on this matter, or any others of interest to your people.
* Eyricia nods.
<Eyricia> I'm sure some will be ready to sail when you leave. You're welcome as long as you like, but I'm sure you would prefer to get back.
<Laris> Yes... we have been away for a month, and there will be much to do on our return.
<Eyricia> Oh?
<Eyllia> I suggest a tour of the forges before you leave. You might find something of interest to assist in upcoming endevours.
<Laris> That would be quite interesting, I'm sure.
* Laris turns to Eyricia.
<Laris> It will be close to the start of campaign season, and there will be preparations to make.
<Eyricia> Campaign season? How much conflict would we be inserting ourselves in?
<Dianthea> The forges sound nice. I'd like to see everything we can while we're here.
<Laris> It's more likely to be land based, further inland.
* Eyllia rolls her eyes at her mother, the formal mask breaking down
<Laris> I can't say there would be no effect on your people - for one, we would value the aid of those who would support us - but your people are unlikely to face direct conflict as a result.
<Pharcia> It's been some time since we've had a real challenge. Some of the troops could use the experience.
<Eyricia> At the very least, we can be sure to help secure ocean trade.
* Laris nods
<Eyricia> We'll have to examine inland conflict further.
<Laris> Certainly, it is your prerogative what conflicts you choose to engage in.
<Laris> While we welcome the support of our allies, that support could come in other forms as well.
<Eyricia> As my daughter said, our forges are quite impressive.
<Eyricia> If nothing else, we could help supply arms.
<Laris> I'm interested to see them, certainly. Supplying arms is a valuable asset.
<Eyricia> Perhaps a tour after dinner, then.
<Laris> Certainly.
* Eyricia will raise a glass of what you can only assume is Thantopolitan wine of some sort.
<Eyricia> To new opportunities.
* Laris returns the gesture
<Laris> And to good neighbours.
* Eyricia nods and takes a drink.

Dianthea and Eyllia go for a romantic walk that turns bittersweet


<YOAW_Narrator> When in the course of the evening did you want to sneak off?
<Eyllia> we can slip off while everyone else is looking at the fancy steel we make
<Eyllia> us girls want to see the mist walks
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh, all right.
* Dianthea will happily slip away while folks are being shown the forges.
<Lan-home> okay but if you put dianthea into eerie swirling mistsm how will you ever find her again?
<YOAW_Narrator> (That's a fair question :p)
<Eyllia> (its just swayback walkway along the 'aft' of the mote where the spray when the mote moves creates a mist...its not likely misty since were not moving, but it is more private and scenic)
<Dianthea> This place is amazing.
* Eyllia explains the name as they slowly step along the carved stone path
* Dianthea looks sideeye at Eyllia.
<Dianthea> I see where you get it. :)
<Eyllia> the novelty wears off quickly when you live here
<Dianthea> Aww, that's kind of sad.
<Dianthea> Then again, I routinely dealt with people over 1,000 years old back home, and I thought of it as everyday life.
* Dianthea shrugs.
<Eyllia> I love Hearthspire, I really do, and I miss it when I'm gone, but even just being here for a few hours I'm reminded why I was happy to leave as well
* Dianthea laughs a little at that.
<Dianthea> I didn't feel quite the same in Thantopolis, but I can understand that.
<Eyllia> I wish we didn't have to go through all that formality... its hard to escape here
<Dianthea> We don't have to be formal now.
* Dianthea will slip her hand into Eyllia's.
* Eyllia holds her hand tight
<Eyllia> How can I miss you so much when you've been so close?
<Dianthea> I know this hasn't been easy.
<Dianthea> Was it cruel of me to ask you to come with us?
<Eyllia> I don't know if being away for a month not knowing what was happening would be any better.
<Eyllia> It would just be a different ache
* Dianthea frowns at that and squeezes Eyllia's hand.
<Dianthea> I'm glad we came here, at least.
<Dianthea> It's nice seeing where you came from.
<Dianthea> And it sounds like it might not be far, in the future. A day's sail.
* Eyllia nods
<Dianthea> Though...are you planning to set sail again.
<Dianthea> Even if your people find a permanent home here...you love the ocean.
<Dianthea> (? on that one, rather)
<Eyllia> Relations with Nēšu Abamātu would be the short term priority
<Eyllia> after that?
* Eyllia shrugs
<Dianthea> Maybe I could sail with you.
<Dianthea> I'll always have a place in Nesu Abamatu, but I don't actually have a place there yet.
<Dianthea> Though I'm happy to enjoy the moment for now. I don't want to spoil things with what tomorrow *might
* bring.
* Retrieving #gnomeland modes...
<Eyllia> I know I and we need to figure things out... I just dont know if I have it in me right now to plot those courses
<Dianthea> So maybe it's okay right now just to seek safe harbor.
<Eyllia> I want you all to myself... I know thats not possible... but its what I want
<Dianthea> I can't give you that.
<Dianthea> I'm sorry, I wish that wasn't so blunt, but it's the truth.
<Dianthea> I'll happily give you all I can, but there are limits.
<Dianthea> If that's not enough...I mean, I would understand.
* Eyllia eyes tear up
<Eyllia> I've been honest and upfront... its not your fault
<Eyllia> (you've been... sorry)
<Dianthea> That doesn't mean I'm not sorry you're hurting.
<Dianthea> I wish there was something I could do, but...we both have duties, ones we can't put down.
<Eyllia> I hate myself for being like this
<Dianthea> Why?
<Dianthea> You are who you are. There's nothing wrong with that.
<Eyllia> I should be stronger, steadier...
<Dianthea> You fought a dragon. You seem plenty strong.
* Dianthea will brush a tear off Eyllia's cheek.
* Eyllia will hold Dianthea's hand on her cheek, leaning her head into it
<Eyllia> I'm crashing into the rocks, instead of flowing around them... I need to learn to flow again
* Dianthea will lean in to kiss Eyllia.
<Dianthea> I know it's not the time, at all, but you kind of set me up there.
* Eyllia kisses her back passionately and deeply
* Eyllia pulls back
<Eyllia> Lets enjoy the walk and make our way back slowly
<Eyllia> I'll show you some of the places where I got into trouble when I was younger
<Dianthea> Maybe we can get into a little trouble now.
* Dianthea will take Eyllia's hand and let her lead the way.
<Eyllia> that sounds great
* Eyllia will eventually head back to her room in the keep, and take advantage of the privacy away from the ship to have a good cry and try and figure out what she's going to do

Korivan tells Kraaz about the gnomes


<Kraaz> So, you're wanting to go gripe to Kraaz about sneaky gnomes?
<Korivan> yes
<Kraaz> Private conversation, presumably?
<Korivan> As private as they get, anyway ;p
<Kraaz> Legit
* @Korivan might send Halgalaz or someone to tell him to come find me though
<Korivan> I don't think it needs an immediate response, grumpy as he is
* Kraaz will make his way over after a while. It would have been night time when Istima visited, so Kraaz was likely entertaining.
<Kraaz> (That's not necessarily innuendo. He has a lot of warriors to eat with, maintain ties, etc.)
<Kraaz> Kor?
* Kraaz says, entering Korivan's tent.
<Kraaz> You wanted to see me?
<Korivan> yes
* @Korivan should probably do that more tbh :p
<Korivan> (entertain)
<Kraaz> (Eh, I think it's less expected of a Gaath)
* @Korivan sits up from where he was lounging, trying to think and consult with his internal sounding board
<Kraaz> (Clearly, a Hraal is more approachable ;)
<Kraaz> (They seem to still be debating it. They're not fond of all these political machinations.)
<Korivan> (legit)
<Korivan> I had a...visitor
<Kraaz> Out here?
<Korivan> Yes...
<Korivan> From the Nalta Yaru
<Korivan> She...appeared... here
<Kraaz> Like a vision?
<Kraaz> Spirit stuff?
<Korivan> No.
* @Korivan frowns slightly.... but he is pretty sure she was actually physically here
<Korivan> (I think)
<Korivan> I don't think it was....an illusion
<Kraaz> (You're fairly certain she was, but, you know...gnomes.)
<Korivan> (yeah)
<Korivan> But it was magic.
* Kraaz scowls.
<Korivan> Mmm.
<Kraaz> What did they want?
<Korivan> Nalta Yaru Istima. She is their Gaath... their 'Quetar'
<Kraaz> Their Gaath came all the way out here?
<Kraaz> Also, I'm going to need to talk to some people about our camp security.
<Korivan> She came by magic, Kraaz, into my tent >:|
<Kraaz> Is that...possible? I thought this thing was warded, or hexed, or whatever it's called.
<Korivan> (I mean I assume I've got some kind of protections going on >.>)
<Kraaz> (Yes)
<Korivan> It seems...not enough.
* Kraaz growls a little at that.
<Kraaz> So, like I said, what did they want?
<Kraaz> She, sorry.
<Korivan> For her tribe and their allies to be left in peace...when we come for the Amanya Hatal
<Kraaz> What allies?
<Korivan> The Haugbror... nicondo... Hravan. Ardclach. She says.... they do not love the elves.
<Kraaz> Few enough do.
<Kraaz> That's quite a few allies.
<Korivan> Yes.
<Kraaz> Which means quite a few warriors we wouldn't have to worry about, or at least might get to worry about later.
* @Korivan nods
<Kraaz> All she wants is us not to attack them?
<Korivan> She spoke of ...peace.
<Kraaz> Meaning what?
* @Korivan shrugs
<Kraaz> Hmm.
<Korivan> IN this.... to be left alone. In the future... perhaps we could use their strenght
<Kraaz> Did she seem like she was being honest?
<Kraaz> I mean...gnome.
<Korivan> mmhmmm.
<Korivan> I think....this is Montano's doing
<Kraaz> What makes you say that?
<Korivan> His Moon goddess carries whispers...
<Kraaz> What?
<Korivan> Quetar Istima spoke of her.
<Korivan> She's everywhere :p
<Korivan> Even the Eladrin.... Vanya.
<Kraaz> So it would seem.
<Kraaz> (Did you mention to Kraaz about sleeping with Vanya?)
<Korivan> (Oh, I assume I already had :V)
<Kraaz> (Okay, just checking)
<Kraaz> The one who fucked you at the party?
<Korivan> yes.
<Kraaz> She follows the moon goddess, too, huh?
<Korivan> She serves her @_@
<Korivan> As I serve Bane.
<Kraaz> Oh, huh.
<Kraaz> Is that something we need to keep an eye on?
<Korivan> I will try...
* @Korivan scowls, thinking about gnomes appearing in his tent
<Kraaz> You said we could possibly use their strength in the future. Do you think we could trust them? They're turning on their allies now.
* @Korivan considers, listening for any insights on that front
<Kraaz> (The ancestors, overall, don't trust them.)
<Korivan> Trust them..... isn't the same as use them >.>
<Kraaz> You're not wrong.
<Kraaz> Maybe trust isn't the right word.
<Korivan> They may have other uses....depending on how much they value their peace
<Kraaz> If you think we can use them, I say we give it a try. Neutrality is plenty to work with.
<Kraaz> If they recognize our strength...it's only growing.
* @Korivan nods
<Korivan> yes @_@
<Kraaz> Immediate annoyance aside, this sounds like a good thing.
<Kraaz> These people...the work different than us.
<Kraaz> Even more slippery than the imperials.
<Kraaz> (They work, rather)
<Korivan> Differently...
<Korivan> yes
<Kraaz> It's not what we do, but we're going to have to learn some of it.
<Kraaz> Bane fights on many fronts, in many ways.
<Kraaz> This is one more.
<Korivan> Yes.... but it is a fight.
* Kraaz grins.
<Korivan> Use them... use their ways. But don't give in.
<Kraaz> Do I seem like I'm going to stop fighting the real way?
* @Korivan grins back
<Korivan> Your death will only carry you to more glorios battles
<Kraaz> I'm happy with the ones I've got for now, but I go where Bane wills.
<Korivan> He wills you with us a while longer.

Laris and Rufus steal some time alone


* Laris will see if we can separate from the rest of the group after the exciting forge tour, maybe.
<Rufus_Metillius> Actually, brb, but them I'm good
<Laris> (kk)
<Rufus_Metillius> (Okay, back, sorry)
<Laris> (np)
<Rufus_Metillius> (Let's say y'all can separate later in the evening. Maybe a stroll through like a small orchard/arbor in the keep grounds or something? They don't have a lot of secluded places, I don't think)
<Laris> (ok)
<Rufus_Metillius> This place is nice.
* Laris admires the compactly-spaced trees
<Rufus_Metillius> Pretty, but...efficient. Kind of your style.
<Laris> It's very well-designed. They manage to do a lot with a little.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
* Laris is a bit ... quiet? preoccupied? just being introverted after a long evening of social interaction?
<Rufus_Metillius> Long day.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> They seem...nice.
<Laris> Yes... cautious, perhaps, but that's understandable. They have nowhere to retreat to if something should go wrong.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> I think this could be a good partnership, for both our peoples.
<Rufus_Metillius> Those forges were impressive.
<Laris> I hope so. I would certainly rather have them as neighbours than any number of other possible options.
<Rufus_Metillius> Lot of trade opportunity, especially if it's incorporated through Nesu Abamatu.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> It doesn't seem like that's what on your mind.
<Laris> I think that May can ben convinced of the merits of this arrangement. I feel as though I might have overstepped my bounds somewhat, but perhaps it won't be a problem.
<Rufus_Metillius> What bothers you, my treasure?
<Rufus_Metillius> I doubt she'll mind. She's completely enamored of power.
<Laris> you think?
<Rufus_Metillius> (Not, rather)
<Rufus_Metillius> (Sorry)
<Laris> (ah okay)
<Laris> (ignore my last line then :)
<Rufus_Metillius> (Eh, it still works)
<Laris> (well, fair)
<Rufus_Metillius> (Either way)
<Laris> She likes Eyllia well enough - she'll want to have someone her own age nearby, I imagine.
<Laris> though I suppose we're bringing her some young men too.
* Laris says with a slight eyeroll
* Rufus_Metillius chuckles.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, if they behave, I'm sure she'll like them.
<Rufus_Metillius> Maybe if they misbehave a little.
<Laris> Yes... if they can manage to keep from putting their feet in their mouths too badly.
* Laris sighs a bit
<Rufus_Metillius> They seem pretty canny about all this.
<Rufus_Metillius> I mean, we're all trained for this.
<Laris> Yes... I'm sure they know, at least in some measure, what they're getting into.
<Laris> maybe not about the hobgoblins. but they'll figure that out.
<Rufus_Metillius> Everyone has to learn.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
* Laris musters a smile in return
<Rufus_Metillius> There we go, a bit of a smile.
<Laris> I think it's just that there's been... so much going on. There's been almost no time alone.
<Rufus_Metillius> Hey, we'll be back soon. I'm sure we can make time there.
<Laris> ... I don't mean I want you to leave. You don't count as 'other people'.
* Laris nods
* Laris amends in case that came out wrong
<Rufus_Metillius> I knew what you meant.
<Laris> good.
* Laris takes his hand.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's been a long month.
* Laris nods
<Laris> we'll get back and almost immediately be thrown into whatever has been going on in our absence. campaign season, even if nothing else has gone amiss.
<Laris> I just wanted to make sure... in everything that's going on... that I got to thank you. I know this trip probably hasn't been easy for you. It means a lot to me that you came.
<Rufus_Metillius> How could I not?
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm not...I'm happy for you and Dianthea.
* Laris smiles a little at that.
<Rufus_Metillius> Marriage for us isn't always a pleasant thing, and I think you two will be good for each other.
<Laris> There would be many worse possibilities, to be sure.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'll be avoiding it as long as possible.
* Laris nods
<Laris> we'll figure that out when we come to it.
* Rufus_Metillius shrugs.
<Rufus_Metillius> My family seems content with things as is.
<Laris> maybe being the... companion... of such a prominent and important man is satisfactory ;)
* Laris says dryly
* Rufus_Metillius laughs a little at that.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's satisfactory for me.
* Rufus_Metillius will lean in to give Laris a kiss.
<Laris> mm..
<Laris> I did enjoy making my father introduce you around. It was... unexpectedly gratifying.
<Laris> I don't usually think of myself as petty, but perhaps occasionally.
* Rufus_Metillius laughs.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, good to take your amusement where you can.
<Laris> If he hadn't made a point of lecturing me about it, I doubt I would have cared.
<Rufus_Metillius> Lucius was in fine form. @.@
* Laris says with a shrug
<Laris> He was his usual self.
<Laris> well.. mostly. He did have an unexpected moment of fatherly sentiment. or something.
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh?
<Laris> he said he was happy, and that things went well. it was more emotion than usual for him.
<Rufus_Metillius> Practically indecent for him.
<Laris> I mean, he interspersed it with reminders to do my duty and produce an heir, and instructions about my plans for Nesu Abamatu, and some thoughts on necromancy.
<Laris> so I suppose it wasn't over the top.
<Rufus_Metillius> Thoughts on necromancy?
<Laris> He asked about the troops I had raised before you arrived. I think he thought perhaps I had done that myself, but I told him I used a local practitioner. He expressed the thought that perhaps I might try directing my skills from my dragonmark in that direction at some point.
<Rufus_Metillius> Huh.
<Rufus_Metillius> I wonder what that's about.
<Laris> I don't really know what he had in mind. It was unexpected.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'd be happy to work with you, if you like. ;)
<Laris> I suppose it can't hurt to try. ... much.
<Laris> unless you're a very strict teacher ;p
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh, I can almost guarantee I will be.
* Laris smiles
<Laris> That's good.