Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 25

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 25 Next

Summary

Laris and Dianthea are married! Laris seeks advice from Calkas in advance of the marriage, and is advised by his father to keep politics in mind. After the ceremony, Eyllia and Rufus share a moment of sympathy, and Laris schmoozes with Alcaeus Callidus Nauta and has a chance to speak with both Dianthea and Rufus. Meanwhile, May speaks to Saḫḫiru about arranged marriages in relation to herself, and Saḫḫiru speaks to Induriel about the suitors form Aethrennar. Kraaz organizes a hunt with Fairë Roanne, dragging Eren Brescia and Korivan along and giving them a chance to speak.

Session

Session date: 2018-12-02
In Game date: Takes place over several days following the previous session.

Calkas gives Laris some marriage advice


<Kennesaw> Most of the wedding preparations for the actual ceremony would be taking place at the Pertinax household, and you're supposed to walk over there with your entourage in a little bit.
<Laris> *nod*
<Kennesaw> It currently being ungod(s?)ly early in the morning.
<Kennesaw> Thank goodness sk don't need to sleep.
<Laris> (heh)
<Kennesaw> Much
* Calkas will have, of course laid out your clothing for the ceremony, all pre-selected, I'm sure
* Malqatar is now known as May
* Laris would have left the choice of clothing up to people other than himself, it's better that way
<Calkas> I consulted with your brother and Rufus regarding current fashion. They assure me you'll be favorably fashionable.
* Laris surveys them, knowing he's probably going to be uncomfortable and self-conscious all day
* Laris nods
<Laris> Everything looks suitable.
* Calkas will begin dressing Laris.
* Laris sighs a little
<Calkas> Problem?
<Laris> I just want things to go smoothly today.
<Calkas> Do you have some reason to think they won't? Or merely being cautious?
<Laris> Cautious, I suppose. And Father added in some additional factors of concern.
<Calkas> I'm sure the Pertinaxes have everything under control on their end, and I'm sure your father has preparations well in hand here.
* Laris nods
<Calkas> Politics is expected to be a factor, given your station.
<Calkas> And personal acclaim as well.
<Laris> Yes.
* Calkas looks wistful for a moment.
<Calkas> It comes for the best of us.
<Laris> how do you mean?
<Calkas> Oh, ah...there were issues of a similar nature when my wife and I wed. Not of this magnitude, of course, but alike in concept.
<Laris> oh...
<Calkas> Focus on your bride, and I'm sure you'll be happy. However much this may be about others, it is ultimately about the two of you.
<Laris> I'm not accustomed to being the center of attention, I suppose. It is unusual.
* Calkas shakes his head.
<Calkas> How many strategy sessions have you lead? How many times have you commanded troops, in the field and not?
<Laris> It's different...
<Calkas> Yes and no.
<Calkas> Best not deliver commands to your new in-laws.
* Calkas smiles.
* Laris nods
* Laris manages a slight smile in return
<Laris> I appreciate your efforts to encourage me.
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 3 4 4 1 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<Calkas> I know you don't like spectacle, but it's going to be a part of your life more and more as you advance.
* Laris nods
<Laris> It's only partly that. Then I also have to be alone with Dianthea, later >.>
<Calkas> If I may, she's a lovely girl, and seems to have been accommodating so far.
<Calkas> Are you so very nervous?
<Laris> ah... Father said he expects us to produce a child as quickly as possible. And while I know that he can't... actually... do anything about it if we don't, it is still ... some extra pressure.
<Calkas> Your father has a tendency to overestimate his influence in familial matters.
<Calkas> If nothing else, you're elduar. It will take what time it takes.
* Laris nods
<Calkas> And there is only so much pressure he can apply from here to Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> I don't think he can actually demand evidence that we are trying correctly >.>
<Calkas> There may be some legal precedent, but I doubt he'd rely on it.
* Calkas says with as straight a face as possible.
* Laris nods
* Induriel (Mibbit@70.51.30.11) has joined #gnomeland
<Laris> I will do what she wants, to the best of my ability. I just don't want Father's instructions to be, ah, weighing on my mind.
<Calkas> Gods, I would hope not.
<Calkas> You're not likely to perform with that on your mind.
<Laris> it's difficult enough without that >.>
<Calkas> Do you need...guidance? You know the basics, of course...
<Laris> .... do you have advice? I ... I wouldn't object to some guidance.
<Calkas> Relax, first and foremost, though I know it's somewhat against your nature.
* Calkas says with a smile, to soften it.
<Laris> mm... I suppose there is probably a fine line between having a few drinks to relax and going too far in that direction.
<Calkas> Don't think of your duty, or think of it as a single act to complete. Take your time, pay attention to her, pay attention to yourself. Have fun, ask her what she wants and likes, tell her the same of you.
* Vess (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Calkas> Too many drinks will present their own problem, above and beyond simple inebriation.
* Laris nods
* Vess is now known as Eylia
<Laris> I'll try to avoid that, then.
<Laris> I don't want to feel... out of control.
<Calkas> I doubt you're particularly in danger of that.
* Laris smiles a bit
<Laris> Perhaps not.
<Calkas> You care for her, she cares for you. You're better fixed than many in your situation.
<Calkas> You'll be fine, I promise.
<Calkas> You're a good man, she's a good woman. You'll do right by each other.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I hope you're right.
* Calkas fiddles with your toga and jewelry, making small adjustments.
<Calkas> I usually am. :)
* Laris puts a hand on his shoulder affectionately
<Laris> Thank you.
* Calkas smiles.
<Calkas> I know it's not my place to say, but I couldn't be prouder of you.
* Laris smiles
<Laris> I appreciate that.
<Calkas> All right. You look a proper bridegroom now.
* Calkas steps back to give you a considering look and nods.
<Calkas> Shall we go get you married?
* Laris takes a deep breath and tries not to tense up, nodding.
<Laris> Let's go.
* Calkas is now known as Sahhiru

Saḫḫiru talks to May about the suitors form Aethrennar


* Sahhiru will find May the next morning, wherever she may be.
* May has fallen asleep on the cot she had put in in the library.
* Sahhiru will gently wake her.
<Sahhiru> Mamitu...
* May opens her eyes but says nothing.
<Sahhiru> What's wrong, esibaru?
<Sahhiru> You only sleep in here when you're obsessed or upset, and you weren't reading last night.
<May> Uncle... Tell me the truth. Do you know why Induriel's guests are here?
* Sahhiru looks away, seeming genuinely thoughtful.
<Sahhiru> I couldn't say for all of them, but I'd wager they're here for you, May.
<Sahhiru> Why do you ask?
<May> Why didn't you tell me that when they got here?
<Sahhiru> Because you're a smart young woman and it seemed obvious.
<May> I guess I'm not as smart as everyone seems to think.
<Sahhiru> You are a noble with no spouse, niece. It's to be expected.
<May> I had to find out from Korivan.
<Sahhiru> Did you think Vanilorra sent a selection of young, single nobles by happenstance as well?
<Sahhiru> I wouldn't be surprised if Laris returns with guests in tow.
* May looks at him with wide, somewhat panicked eyes.
<Sahhiru> Korivan sorted it out?
<May> Vanya told him.
<Sahhiru> Nothing against the boy, but the intricacies of social interaction...ah.
<Sahhiru> I'm sure Induriel will be thrilled to hear that.
<May> Are you going to tell him?
<Sahhiru> He's perceptive; I'm sure he'll find out soon.
<Sahhiru> Perhaps she'll tell him. She doesn't sound particularly discreet.
<Sahhiru> Or she's playing a different game...
* Sahhiru seems to consider that.
* Sahhiru shrugs.
<May> I guess... I'm going to have to marry someone, huh?
<Sahhiru> Esibaru, you knew it was coming eventually.
<May> I'm so stupid...
<Sahhiru> Besides, it isn't so terrible a prospect, is it?
<Sahhiru> Certainly you like someone among your possible matches? And, if not, we'll find more.
<May> How am I supposed to like someone who only wants me for my title?
<Sahhiru> Look at Laris. His family made a match for him years ago, and it seems to be working out well. Dianthea is lovely.
<May> I mean... I thought Faire was actually interested in me for me....
<Sahhiru> Who's to say he's not?
<Sahhiru> We could use the closer ties to Aethrennar. Does that mean you couldn't like one of them for themselves?
<May> I don't know...
<Sahhiru> Your father and mother, Asmodeus keep them, had barely met when they wed, but they grew to love each other deeply.
* May looks up at that.
<May> They were arranged?
<Sahhiru> Of course, Mamitu. Almost all noble marriages are. That doesn't mean they're horrible or loveless or constraining.
<Sahhiru> They're...complicated, of course, but everything about being a noble is.
<Sahhiru> It's your birthright, and your duty.
<Sahhiru> But it's still a partnership, if you let it be.
<May> Have you ever been married?
* Eylia is now known as Eyllia
* Sahhiru is quiet for a moment.
<Sahhiru> My...people don't have the same custom, as we do not reckon affiliation in the same way. I have had partners, even intimate partners, that I was commanded to be with. I made the most of such situations, and did my duty.
<May> And it never bothered you?
<Sahhiru> It didn't then, but I've had more time among your people. It still doesn't, but I do feel differently about it.
<May> How?
<Sahhiru> I would have done the same thing, given the choice, but it is only now I perceive a choice is possible.
<Sahhiru> The freedom to submit is still freedom, and precious in its own way.
* May nods.
<Sahhiru> You have every right to do as you like, especially now.
<Sahhiru> Ratha brooked little opposition to her...lineage management.
<Sahhiru> You have a choice. I hope you make a wise one.
<May> What would you do?
<Sahhiru> I have a different mindset, but I would make the most of the situation. Get to know our guests, see if any of them are compatible. Yes, you need to keep the good of the realm in mind, but you can also get to know them for their own sake.
<Sahhiru> You seem to think of these as diametrically opposed, but you can marry for love *and
* land.
* May hesitates for a moment and then nods.
<May> Ok.
<May> I'll try.
* Sahhiru smiles.
<Sahhiru> That's my girl.
<Sahhiru> Now, in a similar vein, there is work to be done, whether you're feeling rested or not.
<Sahhiru> Price of privilege, esibaru.
* May sighs.
<May> What now?

Saḫḫiru speaks with Induriel on the same matter


* Sahhiru will go find Induriel after speaking with May
* Induriel is in his study, going over correspondence.
* Sahhiru will knock politely.
* Induriel invites him in (though it's probably Valtheriel who answers the door)
<Induriel> Sahhiru! Welcome.
* Induriel smiles
<Sahhiru> Good morning, Induriel. I trust the evening's festivities had no lasting effect.
* Sahhiru returns the smile.
<Induriel> No. Though I can't speak for everyone.
<Induriel> Dare I hope that this is a social call?
* Induriel rises and approaches Sahhiru, leaning in close
<Sahhiru> Well, most of them will have time to recover, though I understand young Lord Brescia is already up and about this morning.
<Sahhiru> Ah, well, I had hoped it could be, but, sadly, it is not solely a social visit.
* Induriel pouts and sighs\
<Sahhiru> That said, I have no pressing time concerns, if you'd like to...delay business a while.
* Induriel smiles again
<Induriel> That sounds... quite appealing.
* Induriel takes Sahhiru by the hand and leads him to his private chamber...
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so this conversation can happen in bed afterwards. :)
<Induriel> (Right)
<Sahhiru> I need to remember to keep up our...diplomatic relations.
<Sahhiru> But, ah, I *did
* have some business to discuss, if you're amenable.
<Induriel> You're certainly good at keeping it up. Er, them. Keeping them up. ;)
<Induriel> But yes, I remember. What is it?
* Sahhiru grins.
<Sahhiru> Your 'guests'?
<Sahhiru> I know May can be naive, but you knew I was going to see through that immediately, right?
<Induriel> "See through" it?
<Sahhiru> I just meant we could have coordinated better.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> Ah. Well. I suppose I could have discussed it with you beforehand... but does it matter so much?
<Sahhiru> I'm surprised you didn't arrive with them, honestly.
* Sahhiru says with a smile.
<Sahhiru> It's the obvious move both for us and Aethrennar.
<Induriel> Yes. Especially after the arrival of the elves...
<Sahhiru> Brescia is the more prestigious match, certainly, but I'm not sure he appeals to May as much as the Roanne lad.
<Induriel> Yes.
<Sahhiru> What would you counsel?
<Induriel> I...
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> As you say, Lord Eren is obviously the more prestigious match. Not only is he the Queen's cousin, but it seems he is a favourite.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Induriel> But... I am not surprised if Mamitu likes Lord Faire better.
<Induriel> I like him better myself, to be frank.
<Sahhiru> Well, we work with what's available.
<Sahhiru> Oh?
<Sahhiru> I didn't have much chance to acquaint myself with him last night.
<Sahhiru> He seemed...shy.
<Induriel> Not least because he actually seems to care about making Mamitu happy.
<Induriel> He is quieter than Eren, certainly.
<Sahhiru> How do you mean?
<Sahhiru> About May, rather.
<Induriel> Oh, it's just that when he arrived, he *asked* about her. What she was like.
<Induriel> And I don't think it was just so he could change his behaviour to suit her.
<Induriel> And I'm sure you noticed, he actually thought to bring a *gift*. One that she would like.
<Induriel> Perhaps I'm assuming too much... I don't really know either of them that well myself.
<Sahhiru> *nod*
<Sahhiru> Well, our positions both require us to make personal judgments on little interaction.
<Sahhiru> I'll trust your assessment.
<Sahhiru> The Brescia connection would be helpful, but Eren himself seems less conducive to longterm harmony here and with Aethrennar.
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Sahhiru> Still, I'll make sure May considers all her options.
<Induriel> Well, I don't think there's a particular rush, is there? I mean, certainly it would be good for a marriage to take place as soon as possible.
<Induriel> But no crisis that demands an immediate marriage.
<Induriel> Or is there? :O
* Sahhiru laughs.
<Sahhiru> Not so far as I know, but we seem to swing from crisis to crisis here.
<Induriel> Yes, I've noticed that.
<Induriel> I makes one want to seize the moment before the next one...
<Sahhiru> If I've not said it before, let me just state how grateful I am the Queen asked you to be her representative here, and even moreso how happy I am you agreed.
* Induriel smiles
<Induriel> And I'm happy she gave me the chance.
<Induriel> Not least because it lets me be here like this, with you, right now.
* Sahhiru smiles and will lean over to kiss Induriel.
* Induriel kisses him back
<Induriel> Mmmm.
<Sahhiru> Speaking of seizing, I do still have a few moments...
<Induriel> Just what I was thinking...
<YOAW_Narrator> (And I figure they can while away a little more time before actually getting up and doing work :p)
<Induriel> (Sounds good!)

The Corvis/Pertinax Union


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, the wedding in Thantopolis will proceed apace. Laris arrives at the Pertinax villa with his family, where he is ritually greeted by her mother and welcomed into their household. Luckily, Laris has missed the earlier sacrifice, though it is still being ritually burned in the atrium of the Pertinax villa, where the ceremony will take place.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris's aunt offers the traditional grape vine cutting to Dianthea's mother, who fashions it into a wreath/crown she places on Dianthea's head for the ceremony.
<YOAW_Narrator> Merula will be performing the ceremony itself, along with representatives from the major temple colleges of Thantopolis.
* Laris is glad to have a familiar face leading the ceremony
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris undoes the ceremonially complicated knot of Dianthea's woven belt, which is presented to Merula, who will wrap it around Laris and Dianthea's forearms.
<YOAW_Narrator> The main input from the bride and groom is a response to Merula's question of, "Do you, now and forever, consent to this union, before gods and men?"
<Laris> I do.
<YOAW_Narrator> And then the repetition of the traditional vow, "Where go you [husband/wife], there go I, your [wife/husband]."
<Laris> Where go you wife, there go I, your husband.
* Laris repeats carefully
<YOAW_Narrator> Merula speaks a prayer over the binding, then announces Laris and Dianthea to the gathered guests as husband and wife.
<YOAW_Narrator> They will quickly be swept up by the well-wishers for the walk to the Corvis household.
* Laris gives Dianthea a sincere smile as the ceremony concludes.
<YOAW_Narrator> More of a parade than simple walk, with the two of them mostly carried. Servants trail, passing out coins, fruit, and flowers, gathering you quite the following.
* Dianthea returns the smile, then scans the crowd for Rufus and Eyllia.
* Eyllia will smile when she catches Dianthea's eye and give a sheepish wave
* Dianthea will smile back and likewise give a small wave, as she is swept up by the guests.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris's last major duty as part of the festivities is to carry Dianthea into the Corvis villa.
* Laris will pick her up in his arms, to carry her over the threshold.
* Dianthea will laugh and give him a kiss as he carries her over.
* NPC2 is now known as Lucius_Corvis
<Lucius_Corvis> (I swear I almost just wrote that as Luscious)
<Laris> (lol)
<Lucius_Corvis> Welcome, family and friends, to this celebration of my son and his bride. Please, be at peace, and partake of the bounty of our family.
* Laris will mingle with people as expected, and hopefully manage to get some food

Rufus offers Eyllia a drink and some sympathy


* Rufus_Metilius will approach Eyllia and offer her a drink.
<Eyllia> thanks... I think I need it
<Rufus_Metilius> I thought you might.
* Rufus_Metilius gives a small, slightly sad smile.
<Rufus_Metilius> How're you doing?
* Eyllia gives him a look
<Eyllia> how do you think I'm doing?
* Eyllia takes a gulp of her drink
<Rufus_Metilius> Sorry.
<Eyllia> no need to be sorry, I'm the one who chose to be here
<Rufus_Metilius> Did you want to get out of here for a bit?
<Eyllia> for her
<Eyllia> please
<Rufus_Metilius> Come on.
* Rufus_Metilius will lead Eyllia out the back, through the crowd.
<Rufus_Metilius> It was nice of you to come.
* Rufus_Metilius says when the two of them are alone.
<Eyllia> was it? I know she wanted me here...
<Rufus_Metilius> She asked, and you came. That seems nice to me.
<Rufus_Metilius> I know she appreciates it.
<Eyllia> She's gonna be with him...
<Eyllia> I don't think I like to share
<Rufus_Metilius> Yeah...
<Rufus_Metilius> It's...not for everyone.
* Eyllia turns away from Rufus
<Rufus_Metilius> Sorry.
<Rufus_Metilius> You could go, you know? If you wanted.
<Rufus_Metilius> I'm not saying you should, that's really up to you. Just, I would understand.
<Eyllia> what's the good of that? I still have to take all of you back home.
<Rufus_Metilius> There are other boats.
<Eyllia> NO! I will not let him make me run away
* Rufus_Metilius raises his hands in a conciliatory gesture.
<Rufus_Metilius> All right, all right.
* Rufus_Metilius pauses.
* Eyllia takes a deep breath to calm herself
<Eyllia> I appreciate what you're doing.
* Rufus_Metilius shrugs.
<Rufus_Metilius> I figure if there's anyone who might get what you're going through...
<Eyllia> oh?
* Eyllia really looks at Rufus
<Eyllia> (how is he doing?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You want to roll Awareness with your Empathy bonus die?)
<Eyllia> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 3 2 5 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Eyllia> (so 14+5 for 19)
* Rufus_Metilius seems like he's managing all right, but you can tell that he's having to manage, if that makes sense.
* Rufus_Metilius is more bittersweetly sad than upset, and is covering that well.
<Eyllia> I didn't realize, or didnt think that I may not be the only one here with connections to the bride and groom
<Rufus_Metilius> Oh, did you not...?
<Rufus_Metilius> Laris and I...I just assumed Dianthea mentioned...
<Eyllia> she mentioned he had other interests... I didn't pry... I didn't want to know
* Rufus_Metilius nods.
<Rufus_Metilius> We were stationed on the eastern front together for years.
<Rufus_Metilius> And then he was sent to Nesu Abamatu, and I came back here, and became friends with Dianthea.
<YOAW_Narrator> (western, rather)
<Eyllia> when you came to Nesu Abamatu... did things rekindle?
* Rufus_Metilius nods.
<Rufus_Metilius> It was...nice. Like coming home.
<Rufus_Metilius> Dianthea said she was all right with it, since she knew, and we told her.
<Rufus_Metilius> Nobody wants to hurt anybody, but...
<Rufus_Metilius> I don't know.
<Eyllia> Intentions and reality sometime do not go hand in hand
<Rufus_Metilius> I'm a spellcaster. You don't have to tell me that.
* Rufus_Metilius says, trying to smile.
<Rufus_Metilius> I mean, I love them both, and I knew what I was getting into.
<Rufus_Metilius> I'm all in, really. I just...if you're not sure, waiting is only going to make it worse.
* Rufus_Metilius shrugs.
<Rufus_Metilius> But she's great. And I know she really likes you.
<Rufus_Metilius> A lot.
<Eyllia> I know... I was informed. Dianthea was fully honest with me... and if feels so good.
* Eyllia closes her eyes and hugs herself
* Rufus_Metilius smiles sympathetically.
<Rufus_Metilius> Yeah...
* Eyllia opens her eyes
<Eyllia> Lets go back in
<Rufus_Metilius> You're sure?
<Eyllia> I have to see if I can endure this... otherwise I'll regret not knowing
* Rufus_Metilius nods and pats Eyllia's arm.
<Eyllia> besides... I have to show this crowd how much of a catch I am
* Rufus_Metilius grins.
<Rufus_Metilius> That's the spirit.
<Rufus_Metilius> I should know. I deal in spirits.
* Rufus_Metilius will lead Eyllia back inside.
* Eyllia giggles

Kraaz takes everyone hunting, whether they want to go or not. Korivan spends the time talking to Eren


* Kraaz will gather folks at an improbably early hour given how much he was drinking the night before.
<Kraaz> You've hunted faashraar before?
* Korivan can be gathered
<Eren> What in the hells is a faashraar?
<Faire> Scytheclaw drake.
* Kraaz nods.
<Eren> Oh, pssh. Of course. I'm not a child.
* Kraaz grins at that.
<Kraaz> Then lets get a move on and see how you ride.
* Korivan be's dubious
* Kraaz takes off on his horse, with Eren cursing and following.
<Faire>
<accented goblin> This is going to be a long day, huh?
* Korivan *is
* wearing pants for this, and will follow but it not going to bother trying to race or keep up wth Kraaz ;p
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> [g] Maybe Kraaz will wear him out, one way or another.
* Eren laughs at that.
<Korivan> (Ere or faire?)
<Faire> (Faire, sorry)
<Faire>
<g> Kraaz is not...matched, yes? I understand you don't share our custom.
* Korivan sighs but shakes his head
<Korivan> . o O (Is that really all they think about?)
* Korivan will just carry on in goblin for now
<Korivan> We don't... match, no.
* Korivan remember how this conversation went the day before and gives him an appraising look
* Faire nods.
<Faire> (will also continue in goblin)
<Faire> Eren has a thing for 'matched' people.
<Faire> I think he like the social dominance aspect of it.
<Faire> (likes, rather)
<Korivan> Hmm.
<Korivan> In the Hrieffen.... power comes from showing your worth, not who you can fuck.
<Faire> Sounds like a good system.
<Faire> Though, and I hope this isn't offensive, but I find it hard to believe you have a culture that gives no weight to who you can...fuck.
<Korivan> It doesn't.... give power. It can show it?
<Korivan> Someone who is strong.... will have lots of choices.
<Faire> I'd say the same is true for us, but, yes, Eren has a good deal of what is considered power due to his family.
<Faire> It's why he gets away with it.
<Faire> His aunt is our...do you know the word "queen"? Like hraal and gaath put together?
* Korivan nods
<Faire> I hope that's not insulting. I'm still learning your culture, after all.
<Korivan> I have heard of her.... she seems very interested in... the city
<Faire> Well, it's strategically situated.
<Faire> And she is fond of Mamitu.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Is she >.>
* Korivan says, eyeing Eren up ahead
<Faire> What?
* Korivan just sighs again
<Korivan> We don't..... People don't have power because of their birth.
<Korivan> But some lines....are stronger
<Faire> I'm not sure I understand the difference? You mean, like, you are gaath because of your dragonmark, not because a relative was gaath before you, but also your dragonmark comes from your family?
<Korivan> yes.
<Korivan> and no
<Korivan> I'm Gaath because of *my
* mark.
<Korivan> A gaath doens't need one.
<Korivan> The Gaath before me was not marked, but our Hraal was. But Kraaz is not.
<Faire> Ah, okay.
<Korivan> It doens't make you ...a leader.
<Faire> Genuine meritocracy. That's commendable.
<Korivan> It keeps us strong.
<Korivan> Why follow someone weak because they were born by someone strong?
<Korivan> That doens't make sense.
<Faire> Well, to be fair, we've done well so far.
<Korivan> You have one queen... for how long? @_@
<Faire> Alcarinel of House Brescia has been queen for 248 years
<Faire> Before that, her father reigned for 68. His mother for 92. Her mother for 31...
* Korivan boggles
<Faire> Queen Alcarinel has broken the mold, somewhat.
<Korivan> She had.... the Turathi?
<Faire> With her dragonmark, barring assassination or war, she may live forever.
<Faire> She brought us into the empire of Bael Turath, yes.
* Korivan has a basic grasp of politics at that distance
<Korivan> hmm
<Korivan> What is her mark?
<Faire> Though we'd usually sided with them before then as well.
<Faire> The dragonmark of time.
<Faire> The same one Eren and I bear, though we all have different expressions of it.
<Korivan> yes, I see it @_@
<Faire> And yours? I understand it has to do with your ancestors?
<Faire> It's certainly...potent.
<Korivan> It is the mark... of prophecy.
* Faire gestures vaguely around Korivan, presumably indicating his aura.
<Faire> Prophecy? That's fascinating.
<Faire> We have a few gifted with the ability to peer through time, but it is difficult.
<Faire> So I understand. I haven't studied it too much.
<Faire> My gift does not lie that way.
<Korivan> Mmm... You work with other magics.
* Eren nods.
<Eren> I'm mostly a summoner, dealing with faerie folk and the like.
<Eren> Like how the Turathi deal with their gods.
<Eren> (oy)
<Eren> (That was Faire, obvs)
<Korivan> (lol, yes)
<Korivan> yes.... I have seen Ambasador Induriel's workings.
<Eren> He used to teach at court. He's well-regarded back home, though I never studied under him.
<Korivan> (.... I'll fix it all in pos, heh)
<Korivan> (post)
<Faire> (thanks)
<Faire> (I keep doing it because when someone gets mentioned their tab changes color and I lose track)
<Korivan> yes... he taught... Sirru Ma-mitu
<Faire> So I'm given to understand. She seemed well-versed when I spoke to her last night, and she appreciated the books I gave her.
<Korivan> she does like books.
<Faire> You've been gaath for most of term of your tribe's alliance with her, right? Have you worked closely with her at all?
<Korivan> ...Yes.
<Faire> That must have been interesting. I imagine your ritual styles are quite different.
<Faire> Even Aethrennari and Turathi styles vary significantly, and we share a lot of foundational works.
<Korivan> She is.... adaptable.
<Korivan> Mostly we have worked towards..common goals, but separate rites.
* Faire nods.
<Faire> That makes sense.
<Faire> What sort of goals?
<Korivan> Our alliance was forged...from conflict.
* Faire nods.
<Korivan> To unite to defeat...common enemies, or...defend from them.
* Korivan considers
<Korivan> We have worked together for...cleansings
<Faire> Yes, it sounds like it's been a difficult year for you all.
<Faire> Cleansings?
<Korivan> Kepeskmiiriv
<Korivan> T disperse her energy....
<Korivan> That was a great working
<Faire> That was the dragon that attacked?
<Korivan> Many contributed @_@
* Korivan nods
<Faire> That's quite the accomplishment. Our people have fought the dragons for centuries.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> That was.... our first.
<Korivan> Kraaz delt the killing strike.
<Faire> Yes, I heard last night.
* Faire smiles.
* Korivan nods and smiles as well, knowing Kraaz
<Korivan> I am sure.
<Korivan> ...Where did you learn our tongue?
<Faire> A hermit I studied under in Faerie. A very wise bugbear woman.
<Korivan> Hmmm.
<Korivan> What was her name?
<Faire> Melaryon Grumma Thent.
<Faire> She was originally from far northwest of here, in the lands the elves have now.
<Korivan> (I assume I have never heard of this person or her tribe or her clan :V Have the ancestors?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Knowledge?)
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 5 1 6 5 ] for a total of [ 23 ].
<Korivan> (22!)
<Korivan> (that wasn't actually using my ancestor die though, possibly more if I add that ;p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Surprisingly, at least one of the ancestors has heard of her. She's an ancient shaman/witch who some of your people had dealings with in the Feywild.)
<Korivan> Hmmm....Interesting @_@
<Faire> You've heard of her?
<Faire> I think I was the first living mortal to talk to her in decades, at least.
<Korivan> she has dealings with... the ancestors. Long ago.
<Faire> Oh, fascinating.
* Faire smiles.
<Korivan> What more did you learn...from her?
* Faire blushes, to the extent you can see that.
<Faire> She taught me some summoning rites for the deeper fey.
<Korivan> mmmhmmm....
* Korivan chuckles
<Faire> I am something of a collector of esoteric magic knowledge.
<Korivan> ....May will like that.
<Faire> I'd love to hear anything you'd be willing to share of your people's practices.
<Faire> Oh, you think?
<Korivan> Yes...
<Korivan> What do you think...of her?
<Faire> She seems nice?
<Faire> I had a good conversation with her about magical techniques.
<Faire> I hope to speak to her more.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Hmm.
<Faire> What do you think of her?
<Faire> You've been allies for a little while now.
<Korivan> She is still learning her power.
<Faire> Aren't we all?
* Faire smiles.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> yes.
<Korivan> I like her.... but we do not always understand each other.
* Korivan shrugs
* Faire nods.
<Faire> You seem to have gotten along fine so far.
<Korivan> yes.
<Korivan> We will.


Laris is introduced to Alcaeus Callidus Nauta


* Lucius will walk over with yet another luminary to be introduced.
* Laris is nursing his drink and trying to keep from getting too overwhelmed
<Lucius> Laris, allow me to present your sister's brother-in-law, Alcaeus Callidus Nauta.
* Eren is now known as Alcaeus
<Laris> Ah, good evening. It's a pleasure to see you again - it's been many years.
* Laris probably met him at his sister's wedding when he was like... 10 or something ;)
<Alcaeus> Salve, Laris Valerius Corvis. An honor and a pleasure.
<Alcaeus> Congratulations, on your wedding and your recent successes.
<Laris> Thank you.
<Alcaeus> The Senate has been paying close attention.
* Alcaeus gives a political smile.
<Laris> I have endeavoured to fulfill our goals to the best of my ability in Nesu Abamatu.
<Lucius> The Senate is interested in extending the Nauta fleet's duties to include the trade route to Nesu Abamatu.
* Alcaeus nods.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Certainly, I think that would be a promising opportunity. The port there is well developed and attracts many various traders.
<Alcaeus> I don't mean to impose. I understand you maintain a patrol fleet yourself?
<Laris> I do, yes. Largely they are employed in defensive measures and routine patrols, as opposed to trade.
<Alcaeus> Well, that would be the task of our ships as well, protecting merchant ships.
* Laris nods
<Alcaeus> We'd like to consolidate the territorial gains of the last few years.
<Laris> It would not be an imposition to have additional support.
<Lucius> If you'll both excuse me.
* Lucius will step away.
<Alcaeus> I would hope not.
<Alcaeus> I understand the few months have been quite...interesting for you.
<Laris> There have been significant developments.
* Laris says mildly.
<Alcaeus> But you feel Nesu Abamatu remains a worthwhile investment of resources?
<Alcaeus> Not to diminish you work, of course.
<Alcaeus> But there is a new regent, of course.
<Alcaeus> (- second of course)
<Laris> I do. The city is stable and secure, and Domina Mamitu, the new ruler, is amenable to our continued presence there.
<Laris> And new sources of trade and revenue continue to develop.
* Alcaeus nods.
<Alcaeus> Will the house of Lalu remain appreciative in the future?
<Laris> Continued investment in the local infrastructure allows us to take advantage of the resources available there.
* Laris considers that.
<Laris> Domina Mamitu is young, and for the present time, she accepts guidance from her elders. As she grows more secure in her position, it is possible that she might wish to take greater control of the reins of power - or that her potential future spouse might. But I believe she relies on our military presence, and if we were to withdraw, it would place her in a more vulnerable position. We -
<Laris> and the local hobgoblin tribes - are the city's best defenses.
<Alcaeus> So you're content to prop up a feudal ruler with the people's military?
<Alcaeus> What of our people who live there? To what power do they owe allegiance?
<Laris> I believe that my accounting demonstrates that the continued income provided by our presence there greatly outweighs the cost of fielding troops.
<Alcaeus> Monetarily, yes, but that's not the only accounting to be made.
<Alcaeus> We're a republic, nevermind our dalliance with Turath. Yet our colonists in Nesu Abamatu must live under an absolute monarch.
<Laris> I don't believe anyone is forcing them to remain.
* Laris says mildly.
<Laris> If they stay, they presumably find the situation beneficial.
<Alcaeus> And you find it tolerable?
<Alcaeus> Admittedly, at least it's a foreign power. Not like the would-be kings on our western border.
<Laris> Domina Mamitu does not exercise a heavy hand. She is generally more content to read and pursue her own interests.
<Laris> And she is quite independent-minded. She has not shown herself to be bound by the traditions and allegiances of the past, but is willing to look in new directions.
<Alcaeus> Hmm.
<Alcaeus> She was raised in Aethrennar, I believe?
<Laris> Yes, that's correct.
<Alcaeus> Perhaps she would hazard a state visit to Thantopolis? Perhaps we can provide something of a counterpoint.
<Laris> I can propose the idea to her, certainly.
<Laris> If I tell her there is a great library, she'll be sorely tempted.
* Alcaeus smiles and nods.
<Alcaeus> If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
<Laris> Certainly.
<Laris> Please keep in touch - and you are welcome to visit, if your ships are coming that way.
<Alcaeus> I'll certainly do that. Congratulations again, Legatus Corvis.
* Alcaeus will nod and leave you be for now.
* Laris really has no idea if that went well or not -_-

The newly married couple steal a private moment


<Dianthea> (When in the festivities do you want to have this conversation be? They're likely to be an all-day thing, though you're not necessarily required the whole time. :) )
<Laris> (well, I guess sometime after we've made it to Laris' family house and gotten through whatever gauntlet of well-wishers and family and stuff ;)
<Dianthea> (We'll say you have a little bit of a break after the initial rush when you get to your villa)
<Laris> (okay)
<Dianthea> Whew, thank the gods. I need a drink, and maybe a sling for my arm with all the shaking hands and hugging.
* Laris takes a deep breath, nodding
<Dianthea> How are you holding up? I know this isn't your preference...
<Laris> It's a bit much. I'll be all right, though.
<Laris> Do you want me to get you a drink?
<Dianthea> Sure, that would be nice.
* Laris will go find us each a drink, then.
* Laris returns once he manages to secure some wine, which probably isn't too hard. like finding a piece of hay in a haystack :p
* Eyllia (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Dianthea> Thanks.
* Dianthea smiles.
<Laris> you're welcome
<Dianthea> Gallant of you to brave the throng.
<Laris> I think three people offered me a drink in the time it took me to walk from here to the door :)
<Dianthea> Well, it's good luck to accept them, but you'd probably be under a table if you said yes to everyone offering.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I wanted to say... you look beautiful. I didn't get a chance to say it earlier, with everything that was going on.
<Dianthea> Aww, thank you.
<Dianthea> You look very handsome yourself.
* Dianthea will adjust your toga a little.
* Laris smiles
<Laris> I just wear what they tell me to.
<Dianthea> I know, but I appreciate the effort you went to to get someone to pick it out. ;)
* Laris gives a little laugh at that
<Laris> I'll pass on your compliments.
<Dianthea> See that you do. Good work should be appreciated.
<Laris> Do you think the ceremony went well? I admit I was in a bit of a daze, trying to make sure I didn't say the wrong thing, or the right thing at the wrong time.
<Dianthea> I think it was nice. I'm glad so many people could make it. Your siblings, *my* siblings...
* Laris nods
<Laris> it was well-attended... I think most of them are still here? I'm not sure, otherwise, where all these people came from. We may have simply acquired some on the walk through the city.
* Dianthea shrugs.
<Dianthea> That's usually how it happens. Your father had tables put up outside with things for the plebes.
* Laris nods
<Laris> That's good.
<Dianthea> (She doesn't *mean* to be condescending there, there's just not a good way to say that)
<Laris> (no, heh, I know)
<Dianthea> I imagine an uptick in support from this. Ancillary bonus, I guess.
<Laris> I suspect you're right.
* Dianthea sighs.
* Laris puts his hand on hers.
<Laris> I'll be happier when this is all finished with, and it's just us.
<Dianthea> I agree, to the extent that there's a "just us."
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> Not just Eyllia and Rufus, but everything back in Nesu Abamatu. I like it, and it's not as hectic as here, but...you know.
* Dianthea smiles and turns her hand to give his a squeeze.
<Laris> I know. I know it isn't as though we can just put away all our responsibilities and obligations and ... and there are always things to worry about.
<Laris> But... just for a little while, maybe?
<Dianthea> Yeah.
* Dianthea says kind of wistfully.
<Laris> is something bothering you?
* Laris asks uncertainly
<Dianthea> Oh, no, that just sounded nice.
<Laris> oh.
<Dianthea> A little time actually to ourselves.
* Laris nods
<Laris> We have tonight. They have to let us leave the party at some point, I believe. It's encouraged ;)
<Dianthea> Maybe a little too encouraged. >.>
* Dianthea smiles.
<Laris> We don't have to do anything you don't want.
<Dianthea> Oh, no, I'm just, you know...nervous.
<Dianthea> Aren't you?
<Laris> yes.
<Dianthea> Well, at least we're on the same page.
<Laris> But, ah, I had some advice that helped me feel a little better, anyway.
<Dianthea> Oh?
* Laris nods, a bit embarrassed
<Dianthea> Aww, come on.
<Dianthea> Was it...oh, hmm. Who was it from?
<Laris> Calkas >.> he's very wise about these things.
<Dianthea> Calkas? Huh.
<Dianthea> I was worried it was your father.
<Laris> oh, no :o
* Laris looks slightly horrified at the thought
<Laris> He said to relax... that one is easier said than done. Try not to think about it as ... as a duty, or as a particular, umm, act to complete >.> Just to talk to one another about what we like and take our time and have fun. It all sounds very ... commonsensical, but it was good to hear it.
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> I think we can manage. Just, take our time, and check in...
* Laris nods
* Dianthea blushes.
<Dianthea> We'll be all right.
<Laris> Yes.
<Laris> And ... later, once we're back in Nesu Abamatu, I will try to make sure we have some time just for us.
<Dianthea> I'd like that.
* Dianthea steels herself.
<Dianthea> Time to face the gauntlet again?
<Dianthea> ...Together?
<Laris> Yes, I think they'll be wondering where we've gotten to if we don't reappear soon.
<Laris> Shall we?
* Laris offers her his arm.
* Dianthea takes it with a smile, stepping up to kiss Laris before they go back out.
* Laris feels a bit more at ease after that

Laris manages to get some time with Rufus as well


* Laris will discreetly walk with him somewhere aside, away from the festivities
<Rufus_Metillius> Hey there, man of the hour. How're you doing?
<Rufus_Metillius> Sorry if you've heard that a lot today.
<Laris> I'm all right. I think my hand might fall off if one more person shakes it.
<Rufus_Metillius> Hazard of the event, I guess.
<Rufus_Metillius> You've handled worse in the field. :)
* Laris nods
<Laris> what about you, how are you doing?
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm good. I've always got along with your and Dianthea's families.
<Laris> not too many nosy questions?
<Rufus_Metillius> Aulus and I were just discussing the finer points of stone foci for raising.
* Laris smiles at that
<Rufus_Metillius> No, not especially.
<Rufus_Metillius> Why?
<Laris> I don't know... Father just made me a bit worried that people would look strangely at our... our friendship. I don't think it's really anything to worry about. Just him.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's always wise to worry about your father.
<Rufus_Metillius> But maybe leave it for another day.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> Have a good time now, for you and Dianthea.
<Laris> I will try. But... I didn't want you to be left out. I wanted to make sure I had a few moments with you, at least.
<Rufus_Metillius> I appreciate that, I do.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's sweet of you.
<Rufus_Metillius> But...you only get this day once. You should get the most out of it.
<Rufus_Metillius> I can take care of myself, I promise.
<Laris> I know you can.
<Laris> But I couldn't be doing this without you. At least... not as well. For whatever degree of 'well' I'm managing :)
<Rufus_Metillius> You're doing fine.
* Rufus_Metillius will glance around to make sure no one is around, then give Laris a quick kiss on the cheek.
* Laris smiles
<Laris> Dianthea is doing well too. We'll all manage to get through this and then we can go home together.
<Rufus_Metillius> Home...
<Rufus_Metillius> That will be nice.
* Laris puts a hand on his back, hopefully in a way that would look casual and friendly, just two bros talking like totally normal bros
<Laris> All right, treasure. I won't keep bothering you with feelings ;) I'm glad you're here, though.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm glad I'm here, too.
<Laris> Thank you for everything.
<Rufus_Metillius> Always.
* Laris will glance around and give him one more kiss, then get back to the rest of the party, so he isn't gone too long.

Solos

Korivan speaks to May at the party after he returnes form his 'walk' with Vanya


* Korivan has reappeared at the party leater in the evening after disappoearing for a while
* Malqatar has been hanging on the periphery of the party, as usual, after her talk with Faire.
* Korivan will find somethign to eat and drink
<Korivan> (get in costume you savage :V)
* Malqatar is now known as May
<May> (Gah! my bad)
* May has also been hanging on the periphery of the party, as usual, after her talk with Faire.
* Korivan will sidle over to her then, and offer her his cup if she's got nothing
<Korivan> May...
* May will see you coming over and smile. She probably has a glass of wine she's been nursing for a while now.
<Korivan> (well then nevermind, no hobgallantry for you ;)
<May> (heh)
<May> Korrivan. Did you just arrive?
<Korivan> No.
<May> Oh. I just hadn't seen you till now.
<Korivan> I was...with Vanya
<May> Vanya?
* May seems a bit confused.
<May> Induriel's cousin? What were you... oh.
* Korivan grins/leers, then shrugs
<May> Really?
<Korivan> what?
* Korivan frowns
<May> Nothing. I mean, that's your business of course... I thought you disliked eladrin?
<Korivan> some of them.
* May nods.
<Korivan> What do you think.... of these ones?
<May> Well... they seem mostly harmless. For now. And one of them is very... knowledgable...
* May glances at Faire across the room.
<Korivan> which one?
* May gives a brief nod of her chin in Faire's direction.
<May> He's not bad to look at either.
* Korivan nods idly
<May> So... vanya, huh?
<May> Was she... I mean, how was it?
<Korivan> Hmm?
* Korivan drags his attention away from Faire's aura
<May> Vanya.
<May> Did you guys... have a good time?
<Korivan> Yes.
* May nods.
<May> Better than... with me?
* Korivan just looks perplexed
<Korivan> What?
<May> Nevermind. It's a dumb question.
<Korivan> YOu coudl fuck her and see.
* May raises an eyebrow.
<Korivan> ..what she is like
<May> Do you have to be so crude about it?
<Korivan> ...
<Korivan> Yes?
* May sighs.
* Korivan huffs
* Induriel (Mibbit@70.51.30.11) has joined #YOAW
<May> May taps her finger on the rim of her glass awkwardly.
<Korivan> Do you know why they are here?
<May> No. Some sort of scheme-hatchery of Induriel's I imagine.
* Retrieving #YOAW modes...
<Korivan> Mmhmmm....
<Korivan> To marry you.
* May can feel the color drain from her face.
<May> Excuse me?
<Korivan> I told Vanya.... you wouldn't like that.
<May> What.. what do you mean "To marry me"?
<Korivan> They brought you... men.
* Korivan shrugs
<Korivan> From their queen
<May> Vanya told you this?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Korivan> She likes... that one... better too.
* Korivan looks at Faire.
<Korivan> he is powerful.
* May seems to be almost incapable of speech at the moment.
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> ...May?
<May> What?
<Korivan> you seem....unwell.
<May> I think... I need some time alone right now.
* May sets her glass down and heads for the door to the stairs.
* Korivan frowns, but will take her at her word

Korivan checks in with May after the hunt and they Talk


<Korivan> (how are we setting this up?)
<May> (Hmmm, I'm assuming after May's talk with Sahirru, so maybe the next day? Korivan could be making a booty call or something)
* Korivan had to go hunting the next day, but maybe after we get back from that ;)
<May> (oh, right, yeah that works then)
<Korivan> (Maybe you got called down to offer congrats on killing things to Kraaz and Eren ;p)
<May> (We all know korivan is sexiest when he's covered in blood, animal or otherwise)
<Korivan> (100%)
<May> (But yeah, we can do that. They can sneak off from that after a bit, I suppose)
<Korivan> (cool)
* Korivan probably did have to do some kindof acknledgement or dedication to the ancestors or something, so maybe a little bloody ;)
<May> (heh)
* May will take you up to a bath room then before you go anywhere near her bed.
* Korivan will accept your invitation to join you for a bath ;)
* May will step into the room and close the door behind you.
<May> You and your entrails...
* Korivan smiles down at you
<May> You look like an abattoir.
* May can't help but smile back.
<Korivan> Do you... mind?
<May> Not as long as you stay off my good sheets.
* May turns around so you can undo the ties in the back of her dress.
* Korivan can do so quite competently by this point
* May sighs.
* Korivan slides his hands over your tiny shoulders
* May doesn't turn around right away.
* Korivan will rub his thumbs down between your shoulderblades, and lean down to kiss your neck
* May seems more distracted than usual.
* Korivan can handle distracted, but like if you're really not into it that's different
<Korivan> May...
<May> I'm sorry...
<May> I'm just... this whole marriage thing...
<Korivan> What of it?
<May> It will change things.
<Korivan> Things chane...all the time.
<May> I don't want them to.
<May> I don't know how it will effect... us.
<May> (affect :P )
* Korivan shrugs, but will slide down against the door to sit on the floor,and then pull you down into his lap
<Korivan> YOu say you shoudn't be fucking me now.
* May will slip easily into your embrace.
<Korivan> ..But here you are.
<May> Mmmm...
<Korivan> So - what will change?
<May> Maybe. I don;t know. I hate not knowing.
<Korivan> The future holds...many unknowns @_@
<May> It must be so much easier for you. How am I supposed to choose one person to spend my life with?
<Korivan> YOu spend your life with many already.
<Korivan> YOu just don't fuck them.
<Korivan> Most of them...
* May laughs.
<May> You have such a way with words.
<May> Can I ask you something?
* Korivan nods
<May> What do you think of Fairë?
<Korivan> He has strong magic...he has studied much.
<Korivan> He is like you, with your papers, wanting to know more.
* May nods.
<May> Yeah.
<Korivan> The other one....will only want you, if you are...matched.
<May> What do you mean?
<Korivan> That is what he likes
<Korivan> He thinks it gives him power.
<May> Oh. You mean he's only in it for the prestige.
<Korivan> ...Maybe that is why they sent two.
<Korivan> Ego.
<May> There will be more, I'm sure. Uncle seems to think the elves are here for the same reason.
* Korivan nods
<May> Sorry.
<May> I shouldn't bother you with all this.
<Korivan> it does not...bother me.
* May will lean up and kiss you.
* Korivan kisses back
<May> I know. That's part of what I like about you.
<Korivan> But other parts too...
* Korivan says, shiftng you in his lap some
<May> Well yes. That goes without saying.
* May wiggles slightly.
* Korivan will kiss you again
<May> I guess we'll just take it as it comes...
<May> (And then they fricked!)
<Korivan> (they suuuure did :V)

Eyllia talks with Laris at the wedding and it goes definitely super well!


* Laris is looking for a bit of breathing room at the wedding celebration, having been dealing with his father's political associates.
* Eyllia dances away from some small talk and runs face to face with Laris
<Laris> oh - good evening, Captain d'Azzure.
* Laris has two drinks and doesn't seem to know what to do with them
<Eyllia> Oh!
* Eyllia starts for a second, realizing who she is talking to
<Eyllia> Congratulations on your nuptuals, Laris Corvis
<Eyllia> I hope that is formal enough
<Laris> It will suffice.
* Laris says, and hands you one of the two drinks that someone has pressed on him.
* Eyllia nods a thank you
<Eyllia> I wasn
<Eyllia> sure what to expect for a celebration
<Laris> Do your people have such festivities on the occasion of a wedding?
<Eyllia> we do.
<Eyllia> They tend to be big affairs
* Laris nods
* Induriel (Mibbit@70.51.29.54) has joined #gnomeland
<Laris> And does this meet your expectations?
<Eyllia> Different is how I would put it
* Eyllia looks around
<Eyllia> There are ebbs and flows of the people trying to sway on top of the well wishing
<Eyllia> and that sometimes carries those flows as well
<Eyllia> you feel it dont you?
<Laris> It's a multi-purpose occasion, given that I am rarely in the city. It must do double duty as a celebration and a political affair.
<Eyllia> affairs impacting your position in Nēšu Abamātu
* Eyllia asks curiously
<Laris> Yes, and my father's position here in the Senate.
<Laris> Trying to cultivate alliances, show those who might be swayed to our side that Nesu Abamatu is prosperous and successful...
<Eyllia> You are returing, right?
<Laris> Yes.
* Eyllia shows a visible sign of relief before reasserting her party mask
<Laris> At least, for as long as the Senate wants me to be stationed there, and the situation is such that our allies welcome my presence. Things can change, of course.
<Eyllia> would you want to leave?
* Laris considers how to answer that
<Laris> I will follow my orders. But... with the situation as it currently stands, no, I would not want to leave at this juncture. There is still much I can do there, and my presence contributes to the city's continued stability.
<Laris> As well, I am content with my situation there.
<Eyllia> It is quite a unique place. So many different people.
<Eyllia> I agree there is lots of potential
<Laris> Do you intend to pursue further ties with the Kanalu and explore the new lands that have appeared?
<Eyllia> We are of similar heritage. It is an obvious choice
* Laris nods
<Eyllia> but the decision is not mine
* Eyllia shrugs
<Laris> Whose is it?
<Eyllia> my mothers more than likely
<Eyllia> which actually brings up something I did need to discuss with yourself and your wife... but mostly you
<Eyllia> I will need to detour our return trip
<Laris> oh?
<Eyllia> just for a few days
* Laris nods
<Eyllia> If it is inconvenient, I'm sure you can find other passage if you desire a more direct return
<Laris> In order to confer with your mother?
* Eyllia nods
<Laris> No, it shouldn't be necessary. Besides, it would be an interesting opportunity to see more of your people.
<Laris> I imagine Dianthea would enjoy the visit.
<Eyllia> You and Dianthea are of course welcome to enjoy the hospitality of Hearthspire
<Laris> Thank you.
<Eyllia> I have agreed to return to you Nēšu Abamātu, so regardless of the outcome of the visit, I will do so, I assure you.
<Laris> Certainly a few days' delay should be manageable, and I understand you have your own obligations.
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> then that is settled for now
* Eyllia sips her drink
<Laris> And, if it pleases my wife, I am certainly willing to make such a concession.
* Laris says, eyeing you
<Eyllia> That is up to you this evening... if you'll excuse me
* Eyllia blurts out and quickly turns away to leave
<Laris> Of course...
* Laris is uncertain how he offended, since he was trying to be nice, but accepts that he probably failed.


Laris talks to his father and that is also 100% awesome


* Lucius will invite Laris to walk with him after Laris has had dinner.
* Laris will agree to join him.
* Laris is somewhat less stressed now that the wedding itself is over, and he's had a bit of time to recover.
<Lucius> You did well at the celebration.
* Eyllia (~vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit
<Laris> Thank you, Father. I hope that my words were helpful in assuaging some of the concerns about Nesu Abamatu's stability.
<Lucius> You present a composed figure, and many hear are aware that the city's fortunes this last decade were largely your responsibility.
<Lucius> (many here, rather)
<Lucius> It speaks well to our efforts there. I think you can expect further Senatorial interest in Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> I understand that with the transition in power there, that some concerns are natural. But I believe that with a continued light hand there, we can maintain our current position and continue to benefit from the arrangement.
<Lucius> A light hand might not be entirely what is called for. We must assure that Nesu Abamatu remains a friend to Thantopolis.
* Laris glances over at that
<Laris> What are you suggesting?
<Lucius> Merely that you are to take whatever actions necessary to ensure our investment matures.
* Laris nods.
<Laris> I think we can afford to take a long term view here.
* Lucius nods.
<Lucius> You have more a more detailed view than I.
<Lucius> The new ruler, what do you think her attitude towards a Thantopolitan match would be?
* Laris considers that
<Laris> She is young and is unlikely to be thinking of a match yet, but... I don't imagine she would be opposed to a union with Thantopolis in principle. It would need to be the right sort of person to appeal to her, though, I suspect, as she is not strongly political or wise in such matters, to choose someone based purely on what benefits they might offer in terms of economic or political ties.
<Lucius> -_-
<Lucius> (No words convey his face better than that ;))
<Laris> (hee)
<Lucius> She is of age, and she needs heirs. She is foolish if she is not thinking of a match.
* Lucius sighs.
<Lucius> What sort might appeal to her?
<Laris> She is a desirable match - there will be competitors. All I mean to suggest is that if we wish to have an advantage in such affairs, we would do well to select candidates who share her interests and might have other... features that she desires.
<Laris> She is educated, and enjoys reading, and matters of magical theory - someone who shared that interest might be preferable.
* Lucius nods.
<Laris> But, it's also possible that she would be content with a match with someone who, ah, allows her plenty of space to pursue her own hobbies.
<Lucius> We're better served the closer they are.
* Lucius makes a hand motion for Laris to continue.
<Laris> She's young - someone close to her own age would be preferable. Not excessively old or restrained, although not someone whose interest is purely in carousing either.
<Lucius> Of course.
<Laris> And - she has an advisor, and she usually listens to him. If her uncle is favourably inclined to the candidate, then all the better for it.
<Laris> While I don't think he could likely order her to marry someone of his choosing, I think his opinion matters to her, and she would be unlikely to choose someone who did not meet with his approval.
<Lucius> And what would get his endorsement?
* Laris considers that for a moment
<Laris> I think he admires stability and prudence... someone with a good head for politics, as that is something May has little interest in. I imagine he would seek someone who would complement her areas of weakness, while still sharing enough of her interests and values to make her content.
<Lucius> A not-insignificant request.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I realize it may be difficult to meet all these criteria.
<Lucius> We have considerable resources.
* Lucius gives a mild smile.
<Lucius> And a week.
* Laris nods
<Lucius> You should plan on taking visitors back with you when you leave. I assume your transport has accommodations?
<Lucius> Failing that, they can be sent after you, but it would be best if they traveled along.
<Laris> I believe we can accomodate some extra passengers, depending on the number.
<Lucius> Few enough, I should think. It's unlikely we will have too many who fit the requirements.
<Laris> Very well, then. I'll expect some additional guests on our return trip.
<Laris> May I ask another question, Father?
* Lucius nods.
<Laris> When my message was delivered to you... what were the circumstances of its arrival?
<Lucius> About your coming here?
<Laris> Yes, about messages being intercepted and needing a more secure channel...
* Laris is wary of asking about this but feels like he has to
<Lucius> I received your message. I would prefer, in future, that you refrained from using the same method.
* Lucius 's face hardens.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Is there a... a preferable means of communication that I could use? Or do you believe letters will be secure in the future?
<Lucius> I believe letters will be safe in the future, but I will look into alternate means as well.
<Laris> Very well. I apologize for the inconvenience.
* Lucius nods.
<Lucius> Best we focus on the future.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Yes, Father.
<Lucius> In that vein, I hope everything proceeded well with your bride.
<Laris> Ah.. yes. Things are proceeding well. We were glad to have some uninterrupted time to ourselves yesterday.
* Laris says, blushing.
* Lucius nods.
<Lucius> I don't need to reiterate how important an heir is.
<Lucius> A family is an important step towards the Senate.
<Laris> I understand, Father. I can only say that, while we can make every effort, the timing of such a blessed event is... not completely under our control.
<Lucius> Of course not. I'm merely saying that fatherhood is a path to advancement.
* Laris nods
<Lucius> One you need to avail yourself of.
<Laris> Is it... so much of a rush, though, Father? After all, I am still quite young.
* Laris asks uncertainly
<Lucius> No, I suppose not.
* Lucius looks a little troubled. Not so much that most would notice, but you know your father.
<Laris> Is there.. something troubling you?
* Laris asks cautiously
<Lucius> I understand you've recently augmented your forces with an animated regiment?
<Laris> Yes, Father.
<Lucius> This was prior to Magus Auspex's arrival?
<Laris> Yes. I used the services of a local necromancer who has been quite helpful.
<Lucius> Ah.
<Lucius> You've no interest in the Art yourself?
<Laris> I don't know that I have the necessary skills. It's been more successful having someone else perform the rituals to reanimate them, and allow me to exercise my control after that point.
<Laris> I could... try to pursue it further, if you think that would be beneficial?
<Lucius> I think it may prove useful, though it would be better you wait until your return.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Very well, Father.
<Lucius> Is there further support that would be helpful in Nesu Abamatu?
* Laris considers that for a moment
<Laris> Militarily, I believe we are adequately situated for the time being. If, as you said, there was a way to ensure more swift and secure communications, that would be desirable. A ritualist with the necessary skills, perhaps?
<Lucius> Hmm. I'll see who might be spared.
<Laris> If this person overlapped with the criteria for a suitor for May, of course, that would be ideal, but if not, we can probably find the extra room.
<Lucius> Young *and
* an accomplished ritualist? We'll see, I suppose.
* Laris can't help a bit of a smile at that.
<Laris> Yes, I realized it might be a difficult combination.
<Laris> Thank you, Father.
<Laris> For.. all you've done in hosting my wedding, and for the support you've provided to me in Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> I am glad that we have this chance to visit.
<Lucius> As am I.
* Lucius says after a pause.
<Lucius> I'm happy to have had the chance to host, and see you well wed.

Korivan and Kraaz talk about future plans


* Kraaz will be, for once, alone at his tent, though, as usual, there are never people too far.
* Kraaz sits honing the head of a spear, two of his hounds at his feet.
* Korivan will make himself comfortable
<Korivan> What did you make of...alll that, then
<Kraaz> Hmm?
<Kraaz> The el...adrin?
* Kraaz seems to have to correct himself from calling them elves.
<Korivan> yes
<Kraaz> Good enough company, I guess. Pretty, in their way, but delicate, like Siru Mamitu or Ambassador Induriel.
<Kraaz> Decent hunters, at least Nasan and Eren.
* Korivan rolls his eyes
<Kraaz> Lugal Laris is basically the same thing, but actually formidable. I'd be curious to see them in an actual fight.
<Kraaz> I have a feeling they're going to make things even more complicated.
<Korivan> Yes.
<Korivan> They're here to tie May...to aethrennar.
<Kraaz> Well, complicated seems to follow these Imperials like thunder follows lightning.
* Kraaz nod.
<Kraaz> I figured as much.
<Kraaz> They want to...what's the word again?
<Korivan> Match?
<Korivan> That is how....they keep saying it.
* Kraaz rolls his eyes.
<Kraaz> 'Match'.
<Kraaz> It's dumb.
<Kraaz> But it's their way, I guess.
<Kraaz> As long as the steel keeps coming, I'll not complain.
<Kraaz> Have you talked to Mamitu about it?
<Korivan> some
<Korivan> She doesn't like it but she'll do it.
<Korivan> Maybe not them
<Korivan> Someone
* Korivan shrugs
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> Does that mean she's going to stop fucking you?
<Korivan> ...No.
* Korivan grins
<Kraaz> Well then, it doesn't really affect us much, does it?
<Kraaz> She's already entangled with Aethrennar.
<Kraaz> Even if they're on the other side of the continent.
<Korivan> They might not...stay there
<Kraaz> And, if not them, then likely one of the other groups she's already dealing with.
<Kraaz> Wait, what?
<Kraaz> What do you mean?
<Korivan> If they had cause...
<Korivan> Thantopolis is here. They are also...far
<Kraaz> Right.
<Kraaz> But that's been the case.
<Kraaz> Mamitu...has no power if she is not here.
<Kraaz> When she wasn't here, Corvis was the power here.
<Korivan> yes
<Kraaz> If she leaves, why would the people follow a leader who isn't present?
<Kraaz> Sahhiru holds no retainers, and Kadanu is no governor.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Though Sahhiru is.... powerful
<Korivan> One of their ...gods?
* Korivan is not 100% confident that's quite right
<Korivan> (but it's close enough)
<Korivan> Imperials...might follow that. If they knew.
<Kraaz> I still don't understand that.
<Kraaz> If, say, one of the ancestors came back to us, they wouldn't hide themselves.
<Kraaz> Bane certainly wouldn't.
<Korivan> I don't know that he is hiding...from them?
* Korivan shrugs
<Kraaz> But I suppose it's one more thing about them.
* Kraaz shakes his head.
<Korivan> They want May
<Kraaz> The Aethrennari?
<Korivan> Everyone.
<Kraaz> Well, yeah.
<Kraaz> *We
* want Mamitu, too, just not in the way they do.
<Kraaz> Well, not entirely the way they do. Depends on which of us I'm talking about.
* Kraaz raises an eyebrow at Korivan.
<Kraaz> But, for all her reluctance, I don't think she's going to give up power that easily.
* Korivan shrugs
<Kraaz> Nor would Sahhiru let her.
<Korivan> I don't need to...keep her
<Kraaz> That's not what I meant.
<Kraaz> Those eladrin, they want her like you do, even if they want her in other ways, too.
<Kraaz> It's all part of the same thing to them.
* Korivan nods
<Kraaz> That one you were talking to for most of the hunt, he looks at her like they look at a bone.
* Kraaz gestures to his dogs.
<Korivan> mmhmm
* Kraaz scritches one behind the ears.
* Korivan frowns, thinking
* Korivan then sighs
* Kraaz goes back to his spear.
<Korivan> I need more spoils for the Ancestors
* Kraaz gives Korivan an interrogative look.
<Korivan> To strengthen the shrine...
<Kraaz> All right.
<Kraaz> Do you need it before we go after the Osoro?
* Korivan just stretches across Kraaz's bed like a teenage drama king
<Kraaz> (hee)
<Korivan> They *want* it now....but they can wait.
<Kraaz> They always want treasure.
<Kraaz> As is their due.
<Kraaz> But it's a moon or so until it'll be raiding season.
<Kraaz> Ah, 'campaign' season to our allies.
<Korivan> yes...
<Korivan> I was not sure if Lugal Laris's plan.... woudl call for enough raiding
<Kraaz> Well, it's not just his.
<Kraaz> If the Osoro go under quickly, there's always the Amanya Hatal. Or one of their allies at least.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Good then
<Kraaz> They'll get their offerings, I promise.
<Kraaz> We'll see what this alliance can really accomplish.
<Korivan> I know they will.
* Korivan nods


Laris talks to Dianthea in advance of leaving Thantopolis


<Laris> (just post wedding stuff, like about visiting Eyllia's folks etc.)
<Dianthea> (kk. When did you want to have the conversation take place?)
<Laris> (hm, it should probably be after I talked with my father, which I believe was 2 days after the wedding. so it could either be that same day/night, or the following day, i.e. 3 days after the wedding?)
<Dianthea> (Okie doke. Obviously Dianthea will be around. :))
<Laris> (heh)
* Laris will come back to our rooms after having talked with his father, then.
* Laris is still a bit uncertain what to make of that conversation, but will bring some snacks for Dianthea that some helpful slave probably handed him on the way ;)
<Laris> I hope you're hungry, because they gave me more food. I can't walk from one room to another without someone trying to give me something to eat or drink.
* Dianthea smiles at that.
<Dianthea> Not necessarily a bad thing. I am a little hungry.
<Laris> They keep saying things about "needing to keep up your energy" and nodding and smiling a lot.
* Laris sets down the plate of food.
<Dianthea> Oh, right.
* Dianthea blushes.
<Dianthea> How was your father?
<Laris> Father was unexpectedly cheerful. for him.
<Dianthea> That's...a little difficult to imagine, honestly.
<Laris> it's an understated sort of cheer, you recognize it because he's not frowning all the time.
* Laris says, idly helping himself to some grapes.
* Dianthea will grab a few for herself.
<Dianthea> What did he want?
<Dianthea> I mean, he's your father, so he could have just wanted to talk to you, but he did ask specifically, so...
<Laris> He wanted to talk about future developments in our relationship with Nesu Abamatu. To ensure that we maintain strong ties there.
* Dianthea nods.
<Laris> In particular, he intends to send some potential suitors to meet Mamitu. I tried to provide advice on what sort of person might be ... appealing to her.
* Laris gives a slight shrug
* Dianthea sighs.
<Dianthea> It was inevitable, I guess.
<Dianthea> Did he mention who he might have in mind?
<Laris> He did not disclose any names as of yet.
<Laris> I don't know if it will be at all successful, but if he sends some promising young people to the city, I can probably put them to some use regardless of whether Mamitu is interested in them.
* Dianthea nods.
<Laris> I suggested a ritualist, if one such was available.
<Dianthea> That makes sense.
<Dianthea> They're trying to increase our official presence even more?
<Dianthea> They sent Rufus and his troops.
<Laris> I believe so. And to ensure that, should I depart or be recalled, there is still some tie with the Eternal City.
<Dianthea> That makes sense.
<Dianthea> I think Mamitu will be upset, though.
<Laris> Father indicated he would endeavour to send such candidates back with us, so we should at least have a chance to ... pre-screen them.
<Dianthea> That's a lot of trust.
<Laris> But I agree, she may not like the entire prospect, regardless of the merits of individual candidates.
<Laris> She is quite young still, and doesn't necessarily look on such things with the view towards how it would benefit her to ally with one faction or another.
<Dianthea> I guess we'll just have to hope at least one of them is personally appealing.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I hope it will not cause any difficulties with Captain Eyllia to have additional passengers on our return. She also indicated to me that she would be making an additional stop on our trip, to pay a visit to her family. It should not cause undue delay, she indicated perhaps a day or two.
<Dianthea> If your father finds a young, eligible accomplished ritualist, he may already be on his way to success.
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> (I'm not sure if Dianthea knows about that yet. Lets say no?)
<Dianthea> Oh, we're visiting the Elemental Houses?
<Dianthea> That will be...interesting.
* Dianthea looks a little nervous.
<Laris> I understand that to be the case, yes. I thought it might prove interesting.
<Laris> She wished to discuss the matter of the new islands with her mother, I believe.
* Laris takes Dianthea's hand
<Laris> is it all right with you?
<Dianthea> Of course.
* Dianthea says quickly.
<Dianthea> It's basically what I just did to her.
* Dianthea gives a nervous little laugh.
<Dianthea> Sorry, I can talk about this with Eyllia, if you don't want to.
<Laris> I only want to make sure that you are not unhappy with the situation.
<Laris> I tried to talk to Eyllia a little at the wedding, but I think I may have erred and made her uncomfortable :/
<Dianthea> It's a delicate situation to navigate, I know. I appreciate your trying.
<Laris> Maybe tomorrow you can take a chance to go out somewhere with her - shopping, if there is anything you would like to bring back with you, that you can't get in Nesu Abamatu, for instance.
* Laris suggests, thinking "What do girls like to do?"
* Dianthea nods, smiling indulgently.
<Dianthea> I'm sure we can find something nice to do.
<Dianthea> Maybe take in a play.
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> So, if I can ask, what is the situation with the islands?
<Dianthea> They're new land, inhabited but not really claimed, it seems. And they're in Nesu Abamatu's sphere of influence, but not control, obviously.
<Laris> Well... I can't speak for all parties involved, but it is my understanding that the Houses of Elemental Order have been seeking some more stable situation than their current one. If the inhabitants of the islands are willing, perhaps they can reach an agreement to make use of the land there.
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> What would that mean for Nesu Abamatu?
<Dianthea> Or for Thantopolis, for that matter?
<Dianthea> They've been friendly so far.
<Dianthea> The Houses, I mean.
<Laris> If we maintain good relations with the Elemental folk of both sorts, then it could become a useful stop on the trade route between Nesu Abamatu and Thantopolis, I would imagine. It is much closer to Nesu Abamatu, so we might benefit from increased trade with the locals there, as well.
<Dianthea> Right.
<Laris> I don't know if others will believe they have more of a claim to the islands. I hope that if we can ensure Eyllia's people gain a strong foothold there quickly, any other parties will be too late to try and lay a claim.
* Dianthea nods.
<Laris> We have the advantage that we are likely the first to know about their arrival, so others may not even have discovered their presence yet.
<Dianthea> I'd like to help them if we can, but I know we only have so many resources.
* Laris nods
<Laris> If it comes to needing naval or other types of support, we can see what we can arrange.
<Laris> I don't want to overstretch our reach but providing aid should be within our capabilities.
<Dianthea> They've had a hard go of it.
<Dianthea> And, I guess pragmatically, any help we can give will help cement them as allies.
* Laris nods
<Laris> The other thing Father wished to discuss was to ... reiterate his wish that we have children as soon as possible. I did try to emphasize that such things are, in some measure, beyond our control >.>
* Dianthea sighs.
<Laris> It's not up to him, anyway.
<Dianthea> I understand his insistence, but these things take time. *Years*, usually.
* Laris says a bit more firmly.
* Dianthea nods.
* Laris nods
<Laris> If the gods see fit to bless us with children, then I'll be glad, but I... I want to assure you that I have no particular demands for haste in that regard. It will happen if it happens.
<Dianthea> I feel the same way. We have plenty of time.
<Dianthea> And plenty of other things to worry about.
* Laris nods
<Laris> good, I'm glad we're in agreement :)
<Dianthea> Likewise. :)
<Laris> I think Father considers it as a path to my advancement into the Senate eventually.
<Laris> but I'm not in a hurry for that.
<Dianthea> I should hope not.
<Dianthea> That's an honor that should be a ways off.
<Laris> I really don't know if I would be suited to it in any case. but it's not something to worry about now.
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> I suppose we'll need to get ready to leave soon.
<Laris> He also ... and this part is a bit more puzzling to me ... wondered if I could try expanding on my skills in regards to creating undead, not only commanding them.
<Laris> oh.. yes, fairly soon.
<Dianthea> Oh?
<Dianthea> That's unexpected.
<Laris> I thought so too. I'm not certain what he thinks it would benefit.
<Dianthea> Did he say why?
<Laris> Not really. He did say that it could wait until my return, so I suppose it isn't something immediately pressing.
<Laris> I think he thought I had perhaps been dabbling in it, and wanted to inquire more about it.
<Laris> I haven't, in any case... not really.
<Dianthea> You could, if you wanted.
<Dianthea> Because you have so much free time in which to practice.
* Dianthea grins.
<Laris> I suppose. Is it something you have knowledge of?
<Dianthea> A bit. And Rufus could always help.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Well, if I find myself with some extra time on my hands, perhaps I will try to study a bit on such matters.
* Laris seems not entirely convinced, but who knows?
<Dianthea> Well, more of a grounding wouldn't hurt.
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> Maybe you could do it with Mamitu. I'm sure she'd love to learn more about Thantopolitan magic.
<Laris> That's true, perhaps she would enjoy that.
<Laris> Are you sad to be leaving again soon?
* Laris asks, concerned.
* Dianthea pauses to think.
<Dianthea> Not sad, really. A little...wistful, maybe? I didn't have the most time to settle into Nesu Abamatu, but already it feels like I'll be leaving here to go 'back home.'
<Dianthea> I'm still not sure what I'm going to be doing there, but I'm excited to get started, if that makes sense.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I trust there will be plenty of time to find out.
* Dianthea nods.
<Laris> I've issued standing invitations to my family if they want to visit - I expect most will not, but it seemed polite in any event. Of course your family would likewise be welcome if they wanted to see Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> And we are not so very far away, in any case, if we want to return when we have the opportunity.
<Dianthea> My family's pretty busy, too, for the most part, but I thought Crispus might like to visit.
<Dianthea> And, yeah, I suppose it's not the longest trip.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I am looking forward to going home with you, though :)
<Dianthea> Likewise.
<Dianthea> I'm looking forward to making it home.
* Laris leans over to give her a kiss.
* Dianthea will lean in to return the kiss.