Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 22

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 22 Next

Summary

May and Korivan speak about their relationship. Induriel is called to account with the shadow court for dispersing energy into the Feywild. Corada of the Osoro presents herself to May on behalf of Iaga, hoping to make an alliance. Korivan manages his unruly apprentices at the Hrieffen ritual site, and gains respect from Valrek. Laris is conferred the title of Legatus by the Thantopolitan senate, and received more news from his father. He and Dianthea make plans to marry. Laris speaks with Kraaz and Korivan about Laris's upcoming absence and plans for the Osoro. Dianthea tells Eyllia about the wedding and asks if they can hire the Drake.

Session

Session date: 2018-10-21
In Game date:

May and Korivan talk about their...relationship?


* Korivan will pass you your dress
<May> May smiles and takes it, draping it over herself for now as she is still too relaxed to get up.
<May> That was fun.
* Korivan nods, and reaches down to pull a piece of haiy out of your hair
<Korivan> Fun, yes...
* May takes the opportunity to lean up and kiss him.
* Korivan will kiss back but ssems maybe a little more heavily distracted than usual
* May will pull away after a moment.
<May> What's wrong?
<Korivan> This....
* Induriel (Mibbit@132.216.66.225) has joined #YOAW
* Korivan says, gesturing at the hay loft
<May> The... hay?
<Korivan> This is fine, for you?
<Korivan> In all of..your city?
<May> I... don't understand...
<Korivan> *I
* don't uderstand
* Korivan says, lying back down beside you
<May> Are you saying... do you want to stop seeing me?
<Korivan> 'Seeing' you?
<May> What would you call it?
<Korivan> I do not want to stop... meeting you, for sex.
* May stares at you for a while.
<May> I'm so flattered.
* Korivan shakes his head and huffs
<Korivan> I don't ....think you are
<May> Really? What gave you that idea?
* May stands up and starts brushing off hay and putting her dress on.
<Korivan> Flattered is not..... the most powerful woman in her land.... and...one of her strongest....allies....meeting to fuck in strange places, at secret times
* Korivan says, sitting up and watching you dress angrily
<May> What do you want, Korivan? For me to sound a trumpet each time we screw?
* Korivan frowns
<May> You know I have to keep this discrete. You've known that since the beginning.
<Korivan> Mmm...
<Korivan> This ...is too much
<May> What is?
<May> Hay?
<May> I've seen what you call a bed. This is a step up.
* Korivan frowns more angrily at that
* May sees your scowl and stops for a moment.
<May> I'm... sorry.
<May> I didn't mean that.
<Korivan> What did you mean?
<May> I don't know.
<Korivan> This is 'good enough' for ...me?
<May> Is that... what you think? That I'm ashamed of you?
<Korivan> ...are you?
<May> No. Never.
<May> If anything... I don't understand why you would want to keep... seeing... me.
<Korivan> why?
* May lowers her head and sits down.
<May> I mean... you're a natural leader. You're strong and brave and... I mean just look at you.
* May gestures to Korivan's abs.
<May> You could have anyone. I'm just a bookworm with a scarred face.
<May> Who is... very out of her depths...
* Korivan looks dubious
<Korivan> That is what you think?
* May shrugs.
<Korivan> A gaath that show weakness.... is bad for the tribe. And what is bad for the tribe...is bad for the gaath.
<May> Then I guess my tribe is pretty fucked.
<Korivan> Taht is....not what I meant. Your ways are different.
<May> Not that different...
<Korivan> :|
<May> I'm not sure what it is you want from me.
<Korivan> YOu...feel weak... so you act weak.
<Korivan> YOu are not weak.
<Korivan> This is... beneath you.
<May> You don't know that.
<Korivan> I do.
<Korivan> I like... 'seeing' you.
<Korivan> I understand... 'discrete'
<Korivan> but this is too much
<May> What would you have me do?
<Korivan> find your strength.
<May> That's easy for you to say.
<Korivan> Yes.
* May sighs.
<May> I won't ask you to meet me in the hay loft again...
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> We will find some....balance.
* May nods.
* Korivan will stand up, then, and lean down to kiss you
* May will kiss him back.
<May> I'm sorry you thought I was ashamed of you.
* Korivan looks puzzled, then shrugs and smiles
<Korivan> I will wait for you...to show me you are not

Induriel is approached in his dreams


<YOAW_Narrator> This is a strange question, Charles, but how often does Induriel sleep? We've basically said that all elduar trance like elves normally do in D&D, but they are also capable of actually sleeping. Essentially, they only actually need to sleep maybe like 1 night a month or so, and can get by on trance, though sleeping is marginally more restful.
<Induriel> I have no idea! I suppose I sleep the normal amount... unless it's possible to use sleep for Oneiromantic communications I may be expecting via dreams...
<Induriel> I expect I could afford to sleep *two
* nights a month, just to be comfortable.
<YOAW_Narrator> Heh, okay, just curious.
<Induriel> Hmmm. :S
<Induriel> :s
<Induriel> So I'm sleeping when...
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, the next time you sleep, you find yourself in a grand hall, not unlike Nesu Abamatu's keep, though the walls seem to be covered in thorny vines. Shadowy figures you can't quite make out line the path to the front of the room, where you can see three people, more substantial than the rest, on a slightly raised dais.
* Induriel approaches the figures slowly
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll hear voices from the shadows as you approach, but it is difficult to make anything out.
* Induriel pauses a moment to listen
<YOAW_Narrator> One of the three figures sits on a stone throne which is wrapped in vines like the ones on the walls, though they seem to cause her no discomfort. She looks somewhat like a drow or shadar-kai, if elduar actually showed age. She seems fit, but impossibly wizened and gnarled.
<YOAW_Narrator> On her right is a hulking, bestial figure in furs, holding a spear. He stares at you with barely restrained anger and distaste.
<YOAW_Narrator> To her left is a thin figure, somewhat elduar-looking, with an insectile look about it.
* Induriel observes all of the figures, then bows to them
<YOAW_Narrator> Despite its lack of mouth, you're certain it's speaking when you hear a droning voice.
* Bug_Elduar (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Bug_Elduar> Presenting Induriel of the House Antalanon, late of Aethrennar, my lady.
* NPC1 is now known as Throne_Lady
<Induriel> (Do I recognize any of these people from Fae or Elduar lore?)
<Throne_Lady> We thought we might never see you, Induriel of House Antalanon. You've avoided our realm for some time since your transgression.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Do you remember at all what your Knowledge score is?_
<Induriel> (3 or 4, I imagine? Whatever the score for a Maester is.)
<Throne_Lady> One might almost thing you were avoiding answering for your misdeeds.
<Throne_Lady> (4, it looks like)
<Throne_Lady> (Think, rather)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 5 3 2 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<Induriel> (Anything?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You got nothing on the big guy, but the lady you're pretty sure is a hag of some sort, and the thing on her left is something called a banshrae, a malicious trickster fae, usually said to have a weakness for music.)
<Induriel> That would be natural, great lady - anyone would tremble to face your wrath. I am grieved to think I have offended. However, I am here now. How may I put right or otherwise atone for the wrongs I have, however unwillingly, done you?
<Induriel> (Are we actually speaking? Elduar?)
<Throne_Lady> Tell me, why are you here, child of Summer? Does Alcarinel seek to extend her rule this far?
<YOAW_Narrator> (So far as you can tell, yes.)
<Induriel> To the town of Nesu Abamatu? I cannot answer fully for the Queen; I believe she does not seek to extend her direct rule, but rather to maintain influence. To ensure that the lands between Aethrennar and its enemies are friendly.
<Throne_Lady> And she sent you to stoke and maintain that influence?
<Induriel> I am puzzled, great lady. I did not think you would take an interest in such... temporal matters. Does it matter to you, one way or another?
<Throne_Lady> I was merely curious what possessed you to come here and direct such disastrous energies into my realm.
<Throne_Lady> It matters very much to me when my people are put in danger at the hands of an agent of Summer.
<Throne_Lady> Your queen has no sway here, boy, and you have given grave insult on her behalf.
<Induriel> A thousand pardons, great lady. That was not my intent, nor by any means that of my Queen. She did not know of it; the fault is mine alone.How may I atone for this transgression?
* NPC2 is now known as Big_Feral_Dude
<Big_Feral_Dude> Let me kill him and be done with it, Lady Morelos.
* Big_Feral_Dude takes a step forward.
* Throne_Lady puts up a hand.
<Induriel> (Does the name Morelos jog my memory?)
<Induriel> !roll 4d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 5 1 6 2 ] for a total of [ 14 ].
<Throne_Lady> It would not do to offer insult as well, however justified, my pet. Let us show that we of the Gloaming Court know our manners more than Summer's minions.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You'd recognize it's meaning, at least, which is something like "black vision," or "vision of night." It's a bit of a kenning for dreams. You don't recognize it specifically as a name, but you do know what the Gloaming Court is: a loose confederation of shadowy fey largely on the outskirts of Court society. They're not necessarily malicious, but they don't have a reputation for mercy.)
<Induriel> (And way above my weight division, I'm sure. :( )
<YOAW_Narrator> (Any noble among them would be, yeah. Much less with her court in attendance. :p)
<Induriel> ("I challenge you to a duel!" is probably not the best option, then. :P )
<Throne_Lady> I've no need for a dead ambassador, and I doubt Alcarinel would learn any lesson your death would teach.
* Throne_Lady is now known as Lady_Morelos
<Lady_Morelos> A boon, child. That is my price. And information. I've been gone from the mortal world for some time, and it seems it will intrude on my affairs more than I would like. I must monitor the situation.
<Induriel> How do you wish me to serve you in the mortal world, then, great lady? What information do you seek that I can provide?
<Lady_Morelos> The lay of the land, as it were. The Turathi city is...different, now.
<Lady_Morelos> We ignored it, to our detriment, it seems.
<Lady_Morelos> We will correct that mistake.
<Induriel> Yes. Since the fall of the powerful Ratha, much has changed.
* Lady_Morelos smiles wickedly at that.
<Lady_Morelos> I always knew she'd come to a bad end.
<Lady_Morelos> Double-crossing the Lord of Contracts...foolish, even for her.
<Lady_Morelos> Do we have a deal, Induriel of House Antalanon? A boon, and information; for your life, and forgiveness of this insult?
* Lady_Morelos extends her hand.
<Induriel> I agree, great Lady Morelos. I offer my most profuse apologies at having offended you in the first place, and humble thanks for your forebearance in allowing me to atone for it.
* Induriel gently touches her hand, and bows to kiss it.
<Lady_Morelos> Good boy.
<YOAW_Narrator> Your vision fades, Morelos's eyes the last thing you see before darkness takes you, and you find yourself awake, back in your bed.
<Induriel> . o O (I am in trouble now. :/ )
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tuck, are you ready to go?)
<May> Yup :)
<YOAW_Narrator> This will be a court thing, so Induriel may be around for the first part of it.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, too, but Julie's not currently around. She can get up to speed later.
* Induriel broods more than usual.

Corada presents herself to May


<YOAW_Narrator> May, a servant will come to inform you that you have a visitor seeking an audience, a halfling from the Osoro bringing gifts.
* May will put on one of her "Queeny" dresses and go to meet them in the big hall.
* Lady_Morelos is now known as Sahhiru
* Sahhiru will meet you at the great hall.
* Big_Feral_Dude is now known as Halfling
<May> (Great hall, big hall, same diff >.> )
<YOAW_Narrator> A guard will announce Corada of the Osoro, who enters with several other halflings bearing large baskets.
* Halfling is now known as Corada
<May> Greetings! Welcome to the city.
<Corada> Lady Mamitu of the House of Lalu, I bear greetings and gifts from Iaga of the Osoro.
<Induriel> (The Osoro were among those raiding the sheepherders?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Maybe a little, but not a major one. They live a fair bit away, through Hrieffen and Lalu lands now.)
<Corada> My chief bids me to have words with you on her behalf, and that of my people, that we forge closer ties with great Nesu Abamatu and her people.
<Corada> At your convenience, might we speak more privately, great lady?
<May> Nesu Abamatu is always glad to find friendly allies. We will accept your gifts gratefully.
* May will glance at Sahirru at that last request.
* Sahhiru gives a barely perceptible nod.
<May> Of course we can speak in private. If you'd like you can accompany me up to my library.
<Sahhiru> Might we offer you refreshment after your journey, Corada of the Osoro? Your companions can be accommodated here, of course.
* Corada bows and thanks you, and will accompany you to your library.
* May will close the door and offer them a seat and some wine.
<Corada> My thanks, great lady. You are most gracious.
<May> Of course. We appreciate the friendship and support of your people, especially in our last campaign.
<Corada> Friendship and support is what I have come to offer.
<May> Well, those we always welcome.
<Corada> We Osoro, we have fighters, certainly, but that is not who we are as a people. We would rather be an ally than an obstacle.
<Corada> We were not here to save your city, but we could be helpful like the Hrieffen, if in different ways.
<May> We understand that, certainly. I know better than many that not everyone's assets lie only in strength of arms.
<May> What exactly are your people offering?
<Corada> Tribute. Wealth from those traveling the river, pelts, lumber, thralls.
* May nods.
<May> And in return?
<Corada> We want to keep our lands, and access to the city and it's markets.
<Corada> We would offer our warriors to your cause as needed, if you could promise us defensive assistance as needed.
<May> That seems reasonable. We would have to negotiate the details of any defensive alliance, and I would need to speak to my advisors, but I believe we can form a friendship on those general terms. Nesu Abamatu draws its strength from welcoming many different people. As long as your people understand that and are willing to abide by the rules in the city, I see no reason they shouldn't share in access to it.
<Corada> You are wise and generous, great lady.
<May> You understand I can't make any promises right this moment.
<May> But we can work things out.
* Corada 's smile falters a little, but she recovers.
<Corada> Of course. To a long friendship between our peoples.
* May will drink to that.
* Corada will sit and chat with you for a while before eventually taking her leave.
* May will send for Sahirru when she does.

May consults Sahhiru about the visit


<Sahhiru> That was well done, offering her hope with no promises.
* Sahhiru says after Corada leaves.
<May> Well, I don't see any reason not to offer her hope.
<Sahhiru> This presents a...not a problem, but certainly an issue to resolve.
<May> how so?
<Sahhiru> Iaga is an unreliable ally.
<Sahhiru> And her management of the river traffic is negatively impacting trade.
<Sahhiru> But she can offer direct wealth with no fighting, presumably, if she can be trusted.
<Sahhiru> On the other hand, the Katalal would like to see different Osoro leadership, if any.
<Sahhiru> Which would likely require force of arms.
<May> Are you suggesting we attcak them?
<Sahhiru> Truthfully? I am not the one suggesting it, but it is being suggested.
<Sahhiru> Deposing the Osoro would grant us greater control of the river.
<May> What's the Katalal's interest in it?
<Sahhiru> My understanding is that Iaga's overlordship is based on several acts of treachery that placed her vassals in their subordinate positions. The Katalal in particular still rankle over this, and would prefer the Osoro were overthrown, or at least Iaga herself.
<Sahhiru> They are used to a more equitable partnership, and Iaga has pushed for, well, something closer to a Turathi model.
<May> Hmmm
<Sahhiru> I know our Hrieffen allies prefer the Katalal.
* May sighs.
<May> Why can't everyone just get along?
<Sahhiru> As for us...Iaga's ambitions may be easy enough to direct, though the Katalal's 'honor' is likewise controllable.
<Sahhiru> You know why, Mamitu.
<May> Yeah.
<Sahhiru> Rule or be ruled, esibaru.
<May> Ok. Let's... talk to the Hrieffen and see what they say. Of the three they're the most important to us as allies. I don't like the idea of deposing a chief by force for no reason, especially right after they offered tribute to us, but if it comes down to it...
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> Of course.
<May> Besides, it would set a dangerous precedent.
<Sahhiru> I can understand that interpretation, yes.
<Sahhiru> We should consult with Domin...Lugal Corvis, regarding the strategic situation, as well.
* May nods.
<Sahhiru> I will send messages. It will take some time to reach the Hrieffen, of course.
<May> Of course. For now, let's make sure our guests are well taken care of.
* Sahhiru will nod and take his leave.

Korivan breaks up a fight between Faasha and Halgalaz


<YOAW_Narrator> As you are having lunch one day with some of your shamans, you get a clear (as clear as they ever are) message from the ancestors.
* Bug_Elduar is now known as Ancestors
<Ancestors> *conflict.outsider.bonded.surge.battle*
<YOAW_Narrator> A moment later, you'll hear shouts from the other side of the camp, where many of the apprentices are.
* Korivan stands and will yell some kind of warning, grabbing his staff and heading towards the sounds
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll come upon a fight occurring, a good ten or so young not-yet-shamans settling some argument with fists. At the center of it are Faasha and Halgalaz.
<Korivan> What is this!?
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll see Faasha basically throw someone and knock down two more with them, while you can feel Halgalaz gathering power for some kind of working.
<YOAW_Narrator> They all freeze when you shout.
* Sahhiru is now known as Faasha
* Corada is now known as Halgalaz
* Faasha turns to you, her face furious, tears in her eyes, with her dragonmark blazing.
* Halgalaz drops her hands to her side, also angry-looking, reckless energy emanating from her.
<YOAW_Narrator> Nobody seems inclined to speak.
<Korivan> This is no place for such.... energy @_@
<Halgalaz> She started it.
<Faasha> I did not!
<Korivan> enough.
<Korivan> Both of you.... with me
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll both look cowed, though you can still feel the press of Fassha's 'mark and the energy Halgalaz had gathered.
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll follow you sulkily.
* Korivan will lead them to somwhere a little ways away, both for privacy and to see if the walk and time burns any of that off
<YOAW_Narrator> Halgalaz's energy will slowly bleed back into the surrounding area as you walk, and you can feel Faasha's 'mark fade, though more slowly. You're probably at least a little bit used to shrugging it off at this point, though. Your mark probably helps.
<Korivan> (yeah)
* Korivan will bring them someplace we can sit that's a little sheltered form the weather
<YOAW_Narrator> (Soaked Faasha would look sadorable.)
<Korivan> (she would)
<YOAW_Narrator> They will sulk as only teenagers can sulk. :)
<Korivan> Sit, then. And tell me what is this conflict between you that is so bad ghe ancestors warned me of it >:\
<Halgalaz> See, they don't want her here!
<Faasha> That's not what he said!
<Halgalaz> You're an intruder here and even the ancestors think so.
<Faasha> He said they warned him about you picking a fight, not about me.
<Korivan> That is not what I said.
<Halgalaz> I didn't pick the fight. You said you didn't feel like you belonged here. You started all this.
<Faasha> I said I wasn't sure I should be here because this is Hrieffen sacred land and I didn't want to disrespect them!
<Halgalaz> Yeah but you...wait, yeah.
<Halgalaz> And I was trying to tell you you have ancestors, too...
<Faasha> And I was saying I don't, actually, because of the Maazikai, and I got upset...
* Korivan frowns while they talk this out, and will ry and sense whetehr there are maybe other energies at work here, of it is just Faasha's mark getting away from her
<YOAW_Narrator> It really does seem like Faasha's mark just got the better of them. You've seen that it can be pretty powerful, and her control isn't great yet.
<Halgalaz> You do belong here, Faasha. Korivan brought you here, and he has a direct audience with the ancestors *all the time*.
<Faasha> But this is your people's land, your sacred place. I was...part of the pollution of our people's lake.
* Halgalaz will look at Korivan for help.
<Korivan> Your return was part of he cleansing of Lake Ankai.
<Korivan> YOur life....is the ties cut between your own sacred lands....and that pollution
<Faasha> I guess...
<Korivan> YOu are an outsider here, yes.... But you are not unwelcome....
<Korivan> But you much learn...control @_@
<Faasha> I'm sorry. I let my 'mark get the better of me again.
<Faasha> I'm trying, it's just really strong.
<Faasha> But I know it's a battle I have to win.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Yes...
<Faasha> I'll try harder, Gaath Korivan.
<Korivan> YOur mark.... is meant to bring people together, Faasha
<Korivan> Mastering its strenght is only.... part of it
<Korivan> If it feeds on your doubts.... you must battle them as well
* Faasha frowns in thought at that.
<Korivan> YOu are not... alone here.
* Halgalaz will move over to put her arm around Faasha (probably standing, while Faasha is sitting down)
<Halgalaz> Yeah, we're here to help each other. That's why Gaath Korivan brought you here.
<Halgalaz> The Hrieffen and the Ankai are stronger together.
* Korivan nods at that
<Faasha> How do you control your mark? You've had it less than a year, right, Gaath?
<Korivan> My mark is.... different
<Korivan> The ancestors are always there
<Faasha> They don't interfere with things?
<Korivan> how do you mean?
<Faasha> My mark...I always have to careful not to let it push people.
<Faasha> But you always seem in control of yours.
<Faasha> I guess it doesn't affect other people.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> They speak, advise.... they do not act, unless.... invited
<Korivan> But it is...constant. Distracting. I am never alone @_@
<Faasha> Oh.
* Halgalaz frowns thoughtfully at that.
<Faasha> All the time?
<Faasha> That sounds...exhausting.
* Korivan shrugs
<Faasha> I will do better.
<Faasha> I'm sorry I caused trouble.
<Faasha> Though it was satisfying to throw Algar.
<Korivan> I know you will...
<Halgalaz> He deserved it. He's a little shit.
* Korivan nods
<YOAW_Narrator> They both laugh a second, then catch themselves.
<Korivan> Still.... this is not the place for such conflicts
* Faasha nods.
<Faasha> Of course, Gaath Korivan.
<Korivan> YOu will both gobtogether to make an offering to the ancerstors. Halgalaz will showb you what to do.
<YOAW_Narrator> They both nod and stand.
<Halgalaz> We'll go right now, unless you need us for something.
* Korivan shakes his head
<Halgalaz> Come on, Faasha.
* Faasha nods and follow Halgalaz.
* Faasha is now known as Valrek
<Valrek> You handled that well.
* Valrek says, stepping to where you can see him.
* Korivan looks up startled, because he had no idea they were being watched
* Induriel (Mibbit@132.216.66.225) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Valrek> Sorry to intrude, Gaath. I meant no offense.
<Korivan> Hmm...
* Valrek will walk over and take a seat opposite you.
<Korivan> What did you mean?
<Valrek> I wasn't sure about bringing the Ankai here, but she seems to have the proper respect.
<Valrek> I wanted to...apologize. I have fought you before, out of pride. But I think I see your vision now, Bane's plan working through you. It is bigger than the Hrieffen alone.
<Valrek> I thought you were young and arrogant, but you...are wiser than your years. The ancestors' aid, no doubt.
* Valrek smiles.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> It is larger than all of us.
<Valrek> I hope you can forgive any offense. It was never personal. It is too easy for use elders to forget youth is the future of our tribe.
* Valrek nods.
<Valrek> The Conqueror seeks to rule and protect all. We are chosen, but we cannot keep him for ourselves.
<Korivan> we must prove our strengh.... not take it for granted
* Valrek nods.
<Valrek> We've a few months left until that's feasible, unless you had something in mind?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Korivan> To strengthen our ties and power here.
<Valrek> What do you propose?
<Korivan> Renew the old dedications... clear the channels
<Korivan> New sacrifices
* Valrek nods.
<Valrek> That makes sense.
<Valrek> We need to...reinforce our ties.
* Korivan nods
<Valrek> Our numbers are lower, now, after the sickness and Valaxabar's treachery.
<Valrek> We have few to spare for such.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> That brings its own power
<Valrek> Of course.
<Valrek> We should call the Hraal back, then. He should be a part of any rededication.
<Korivan> we will, when we're ready
<Valrek> Then we must prepare, Gaath.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> yes. I will gather the other elders soon to begin.

Laris receives a rider from Thantopolis bringing him a title and news from home


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, Laris is still largely in the keep most of the time, right? Being Lugal now any all?
<Laris> Yes, I assume, so, although he's trying to make sure to at least take weekends off ;) or since we probably don't have a concept of "weekends," at least a couple days a week out at the villa.
<YOAW_Narrator> *nod*
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, lets have this at the villa then. :)
<Laris> okay
<YOAW_Narrator> About a month (maybe a little less) after the incident with your mother's ghost, Calkas will come to inform you there is a rider spotted on the trail to the villa, bearing a senate standard.
<Laris> (I assume this is unusual? like possibly has never happened ever? ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, not here it hasn't.)
* Laris will go prepare to greet the rider
* Valrek is now known as Senate_Rider
* Senate_Rider will reign up just outside the villa.
* Senate_Rider is indeed carrying a senate standard, wearing the colors of House Palatine (a human House bearing the mark of Sentinel, largely neutral in Thantopolitan city politics)
<Laris> Greetings, standard-bearer. What brings you here?
<Senate_Rider> Salve, citizen. I bear a message for Laris Valerius Corvis. Are you he?
<Laris> I am.
* Senate_Rider will dismount and plant the standard, then retrieve a leather scroll case from her pack.
<Laris> Have you journeyed from the Eternal City?
* Senate_Rider only nods for the moment, unrolling the scroll and presenting it to you.
* Laris takes it
* Laris will see what it says
<Senate_Rider> On behalf of the Senate and People of Thantopolis, Laris Valerius Corvis is hereby elevated to the position of legatus to the ruler of Nesu Abamatu and Procurator of Thantopolitan interests therein.
<Senate_Rider> (Should have capitalized Legatus)
* Laris looks mildly surprised but nods.
<Senate_Rider> Presented and witnessed on this date, [date], by Nasara Palatine. May Fate guide your service.
<Laris> Thank you for delivering this message. Tell me, did you encounter any troubles during your travels?
* Senate_Rider makes a short bow.
<Senate_Rider> ?me seems more relaxed after getting that over.
<Senate_Rider> None so great, Dominus. A storm, but mild.
<Senate_Rider> Your father bid me make all haste.
* Senate_Rider is now known as Nasara
<Laris> When did you leave?
* Laris just wants to correlate dates - was it after his message to his father or before?
<YOAW_Narrator> (Just after)
<Laris> (ok)
<Nasara> I have further correspondence.
* Nasara will produce several more letters.
<Laris> Oh?
* Laris looks them over
<YOAW_Narrator> There's one from your father, largely out of date letters from Meria and Aulus, one for Rufus from his mother, and two for Dianthea (one from her family and one from her previous boss).
<Laris> Thank you.
* Nasara nods.
<Laris> Your efforts are appreciated. If you are able to take the time to avail yourself of my home's hospitality, you are welcome until such time as you need to depart.
<Nasara> I would welcome it, Dominus.I must return as soon as I can, but no ship leaves until tomorrow.
<Laris> And if possible, we can send some letters back with you when you depart.
<Nasara> Of course, Dominus.
<Laris> Very well. My staff will take care of whatever you may need.
* Nasara seems tired but eager. You'd judge her to be young-ish, mid-twenties. Younger than you, certainly, but everyone here seems to be. ;)
<Nasara> Thank you, Dominus.
<YOAW_Narrator> Calkas will come and bring her in to have her seen to.
* Laris will take his bunch of letters and go deliver the ones for Rufus and Dianthea (if they're around) and also read the letter from his father.
<YOAW_Narrator> It reads:
<YOAW_Narrator> "Laris Valerius Corvis, there have indeed been efforts compromising communications with our outlying provinces and interests. It is unfortunate such has involved you, but steps are being taken to correct the problem. I have entrusted this message with a rider I know to be loyal to interests, and you may entrust them with whatever correspondence is necessary. The Senate’s approval of your position stands official and presented
<YOAW_Narrator> with this letter. Your work in Nesu Abamatu reflects well on our House, and yourself as well. - Lucius Ferox Corvis"
<YOAW_Narrator> (to *our
* interests, rather)
* Laris is a little concerned by that but will draft a letter to return to his father

Laris speaks to Dianthea and they make plans to visit Thantopolis and be married


<Laris> (although before I draft that, he maybe should talk to Dianthea for a sec if she's around)
<YOAW_Narrator> We'll say she is :)
* Halgalaz is now known as Dianthea
<Laris> I hope the letters from your family and associates brought no bad news?
* Laris asks, once she's had a chance to look at them.
<Dianthea> Oh, no, nothing like that.
<Dianthea> A little gossip, asking how I am, that sort of thing.
<Dianthea> Asking about you. ;)
* Laris nods, smiling slightly
<Laris> Well, if you have a chance to write replies to them this evening, the messenger can take them back tomorrow.
<Dianthea> Of course. I'll be sure to have them ready.
<Dianthea> What did your father have to say?
* Vess_AFK (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 200 seconds)
<Laris> He said that there were efforts to compromise our communications, but that he had entrusted this message with someone he could rely upon. And that the Senate has approved my position here and that my work reflects well on our House and on myself as well.
<Laris> It's high praise coming from him...
<Dianthea> Well, that last was nice of him.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I am in the midst of composing a reply to him, and I thought... that is, I wondered if I ought to say that... that we intend to marry here. I did not wish to go against your intentions, however. If you prefer to return home for a more proper ceremony, it could surely be accomplished.
<Dianthea> Perhaps next time he can tell you who it is interfering with your communications. -_-
* Laris nods
<Laris> Perhaps.
* Dianthea smiles/
<Dianthea> I would be happy to wed here in Nesu Abamatu, or in the Eternal City, as you prefer.
<Laris> Very well.
<Dianthea> Would you be able to make the journey there anytime soon, if that's what you wanted?
<Dianthea> I'm in no hurry, merely curious.
<Laris> It would require me to plan accordingly, I suppose - I would not wish to be away during the time when a military campaign is more likely.
<Laris> But if you are content to marry here, it suits me as well.
<Dianthea> Well, the rains are going to keep your troops in the city for a while yet, no?
* Laris nods
<Laris> (about how much longer will the rainy season last?)
<Dianthea> Not to make things awkward, but we could ask Eyllia and the Drake to sail us home. We'd be gone less than a month...
<YOAW_Narrator> (Another 2 months or so)
* Laris nods
<Laris> If you don't feel it would be too much of a rush?
<Dianthea> We've been engaged 20 years. I don't think anyone would consider it a rush. :)
<Dianthea> But if you would prefer to wait, that would be fine as well.
<Laris> No, I ... I am prepared to proceed, if you are. I would like to marry you.
<Dianthea> And I would like to marry you. That works out nicely.
* Laris smiles
<Laris> I will send a message to my father informing him, then, and we can make our plans accordingly. The word should still reach him before we do, although perhaps not long before...
* Dianthea nods.
* Laris takes her hand and will draw her close for a hug and kiss, if she's willing.
* Dianthea she will gladly be drawn in.
<Laris> (so here is what I'll say in my letter)
<Laris> "Father, thank you for this message, and for the trust you and the Senate have put in me. If there is anything further that I can do to aid our House, you have only to let me know. I regret that I had to take such drastic steps to reach you and I hope it was not too distressing.
<Laris> I will be returning home briefly so that Dianthea Lucilla and I may be married. I expect our arrival around [date]. Rest assured it will not interfere with my responsibilities here - the city is in safe hands and I will be back before the campaign season begins. Your son, Laris Valerius Corvis."

Solos

May and Eyllia go dancing!


* Eyllia will arrive at the keep to escort May
* May will show up to meet Eyllia out in front of the keep, wearing something nice, but not quite royal. Something comfortable for walking and dancing.
* May will smile at seeing you.
* Eyllia is wearing a knee lengthed dress than hangs loosely around her hips and none of the usual House markings she is typically seen wearing
* Eyllia smiles as well
<Eyllia> Shall we? This will be such fun :)
<May> Of course! I'm glad I was able to get away for the evening. :)
* May seems to be blushing a bit and shifting a bit nervously.
<Eyllia> You wait and see... its gonna be exactly what you need
* Eyllia will take May's hand and lead the way
<May> I don't doubt it! I've been needing a break for a while.
<Eyllia> Lysa and I have been to the place were going. All the worst folk have been chased off, so its just the good hearted ones left
* May laughs.
<May> Well that's no fun ;)
<Eyllia> If I had known you were interested, I would have brought you for that part as well
<May> Do you spend a lot of your time in seedy bars?
* Eyllia subtly lifts her skirt revealing the dagger strapped to her thigh
* Eyllia giggles
<May> O.O
<Eyllia> honestly these are my first
<Eyllia> but I've been taught how to handle myself.
<May> Oh... ummm... good thing you're prepared then...
<Eyllia> and sailors... need to unwind after being trapped on a ship for weeks
<Eyllia> even if they love the sea
<May> Really? I feel like I've been trapped in this keep for months...
<May> Though it's probably more comfortable than most ships, to be fair
<Eyllia> truely? Then I regret my tardiness in offering this escape
<Eyllia> I can say there is most assuredly more room in a keep, but I understand how confining they can be
<May> How long were you and your crew on your ship on the way here?
<Eyllia> several weeks. Our route was not direct from Hearthspire and we had a couple of other stops in smaller places. Villages really
<May> I can't imagine you're the type to do well in such a cooped up area for so long.
<Eyllia> there are differences when you are doing what you love. I love sailing, captaining my own ship and riding the seas.
<Eyllia> Halls, politics, and that stuff... like living in a keep... that wears on me
<Eyllia> I may have been a little bit of a troublemaker at home
<May> You don't say? ;)
<Eyllia> You didn't grow up here, did you?
<May> No. I grew up... well, partly in Bael Turath, partly in Aethrennar.
<May> With a short stopover in the middle of nowhere.
<Eyllia> ooh... big city girl
<Eyllia> do you miss plays?
<Eyllia> I know Dianthea laments the loss of theater
<May> Like the theater? I never really went much. My uncle took me to a few of the Aethrennar operas but I always brought a book with me.
<May> I guess I didn't really get out much even then.
<May> I guess I mostly just miss... not being important.
<Eyllia> If you could go back, would you? I mean do you regret not?
<May> If it meant not being a ruler? In a heartbeat.
<Eyllia> you *do
* so feel trapped
* Eyllia will give May a hug
* May will be caught a bit off guard but will hug her back after a moment
<Eyllia> I can't help you out of your current situation, but at least I can give you some respite
* Eyllia smiles
* May smiles back.
<May> Just having someone to talk to about it is a nice change.
<Eyllia> I've lived what you are feeling right now, trapped in a role I didn't want.
<Eyllia> My mother, in what I like to call her best, and likely only moment of clarity, gave me my ship
<May> What was your life like before that?
* Eyllia rolls her eyes
<Eyllia> Ugh
<Eyllia> courts, training, formality...
<Eyllia> its called the Houses of Elemental ORDER for a reason
<Eyllia> Lysa was my only escape
<May> Lysa?
<Eyllia> shes my cousin, and my friend, and my Dance-mistress... a teacher
<May> I see
<May> You two must be very close
<Eyllia> you met her, tall... all legs... men drooling all around her
* May laughs
<May> I think I remember.
<May> I'm terrible with names. It's a bad trait in a Domina.
<Eyllia> we are even though shes a decade my elder
<Eyllia> I've had the names and lineages of every major House in the Order drilled into me
<Eyllia> I think there are holes in the side of my head from the experience
* May laughs
<May> I managed to skip a lot of the formal instruction on ruling and that sort of thing. We never knew I was going to be a domina. I guess I'm lucky in some ways, but in others I wish I'd been better prepared.
<Eyllia> You need a friend you can gush to.
<Eyllia> oh... gush... just let things out and not have to worry about how they will think about it
* May smiles
<May> I'll keep that in mind. You may end up regretting it
<Eyllia> I doubt it
<Eyllia> and here we are, our vessel of music and twirling, and probably a few drinks as well
* Eyllia guestures to the wooden structure in front of the pair
<May> You know, I've never actually been in here before...
* May says as they walk up the stairs to the tavern
<Eyllia> who was stopping you?
* May pauses a moment to think about that.
<May> I... don't know.
<May> I mean... my uncle would probably not approve too much, but... that's just an excuse really.
* Eyllia leans in
<Eyllia>
<w> arn't you the one who rules?
* May blushes bright purple.
<May> I... I guess...
<Eyllia> the answer is: Yes
* Eyllia will open the door for Ma
<Eyllia> (May)
* May will hesitate a moment and then step inside
<Eyllia> (and then much fun was had!)
<May> (Did you want to end there?)
<May> (Or skip to after the dancing?)
* Induriel (Mibbit@132.216.66.225) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Eyllia> (up to you)
<Eyllia> (dance then talk would be good)
<May> (Cool :) Let's do that)
* May retires to the bar, giggling but exhausted from dancing.
<May> I'm so sorry... I probably stepped on your feet more than the floor.
* Eyllia laughs
<Eyllia> I'm sure I'll survive with six or seven of the toes you didn't flatten
* Eyllia teases
<Eyllia> you were great!
<May> Thank you. You were amazing!
<Eyllia> I've had lots of practice and a great teacher
<May> Thank you for this. It was really nice :)
<Eyllia> but its never about how good you are for it to be fun, its always the company
<May> Well, the company was excellent
<Eyllia> the yearning gazes of crowd helps a bit too
* Eyllia giggles
* May laughs
<May> I wish I could do this every day...
<May> Althouhg my feet would probably regret it
<Eyllia> wine helps with the feet sting... at least for tonight
* May laughs and takes another drink of wine
<May> Here's to tomorrow morning then
<Eyllia> and this need not be a onetime thing
* Eyllia sips her own
<Eyllia> whenever I'm docked I'll make time
<May> Really?
<May> I... I'd like that.
<Eyllia> of course. How could I deny something we've both enjoyed so much?
<Eyllia> speaking of enjoying... that tall Shadar-Kai has been eying you longingly most of the night
<May> I... what?
<Eyllia> well, as longingly as they are apt to be
* May looks around
* May sees the Shadar kai looking her way and immediately turns back to Eyllia, quickly turning bright purple.
<Eyllia> you are a delight
* Eyllia giggles
<May> He's probably just wondering what the Domina of the city is doing here...
<May> Or else he's looking at you. It's hard to tell with Shadar Kai.
<Eyllia> or admiring you calves as you were spinning. Who can say?
<Eyllia> oh, I have an eye, and can see its you he's watching
<May> Maybe we should go... I mean... I should probably be getting back...
* Eyllia laughs
<Eyllia> It's just watching. You can look at a guy or a girl and appreciate them without it being more than that... unless you want more?
* May considers that for a moment.
<Eyllia> and if he gets to be unwanted... well, your not alone
* May nods.
<Eyllia> besides, its not like you're with anyone, right?
<May> ...
<May> ...it's complicated.
<Eyllia> Oh my... I'm sorry... I was just having fun
<May> No, it's fine.
<May> We're not... exclusive. I mean... it's not like it can go anywhere. Not in the long run.
<May> We both know that.
<Eyllia> Oh May.
<Eyllia> That doesnt make the feelings any less real
* May shrugs.
<May> I don't even know what my feelings are half the time.
<May> Sorry, I don't mean to bring the evening down.
<Eyllia> is that what you want? does it at least make you feel good?
<May> I wish I knew what I wanted.
<May> But yeah, I guess it does.
* Eyllia takes May's hands
<Eyllia> You're not bringing the evening down... this is us getting to know and trust eachother
<May> What about you then? Are you seeing anyone?
<Eyllia> I guess I am... its new
* Nary (~Nary@108.175.225.40) has joined #YOAW
* Eyllia smiles
* Nary is now known as Laris
* May smiles back
<May> Someone you met here, I guess?
<Eyllia> but just like you, its hard to figure out what I want... I'm not staying
<Eyllia> yeah
* May nods.
<May> Well... I guess I'll ask you the same thing. Does it make you feel good?
<Eyllia> It does...
<Eyllia> like I said its new
* May smiles and squeezes your hands slightly.
<May> Well, I guess you should enjoy it then.
<Eyllia> despite my bravado, in this I have very little experience
<May> ...really?
<Eyllia> my home is small, I'm the daughter of the most powerful woman there... and I've been told I can be a little intimidating at times
* May laughs
<May> Sorry... I don't mean to laugh
* Eyllia giggles
<Eyllia> it was funny
<May> I just... I guess I know kind of how you feel.
<Eyllia> but thats my truth
* Eyllia gives May a hug
* May hugs her back
<Eyllia> look at us... to silly girls all twisted up cause of our stupid feelings
<Eyllia> (two)
* May laughs.

Laris brings Kraaz and Korivan up to date on his plans


* Kraaz will show up at roughly the appointed time with Korivan.
* Laris will meet them at the baths
<Kraaz> (What exactly did you tell them in the message?)
<Laris> (probably just that I wanted to discuss some matters of strategic importance)
<Laris> (nice and vague :p)
<Laris> Good afternoon, Gaath and Hraal. Thank you for coming.
<Korivan> Dominus
<Kraaz> Well met, Dominus Corvis Laris.
* Vess_AFK (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Kraaz> What was so necessary to summon us?
<Laris> I apologize for the inconvenience - I would not have done so if it were not a matter of some importance, and time sensitivity.
* Laris will be escorting them into the baths as we talk
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Kraaz> Hmm?
<Laris> I will shortly be returning to Thantopolis - only for a brief stay, I do not expect to be gone more than a month or so.
* Kraaz frowns.
<Kraaz> Why?
<Laris> To get married.
* Korivan shrugs
* Vess_AFK is now known as Vess
<Kraaz> Married?
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> Oh, right, your abstinence ritual thing.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> Good luck?
<Laris> Domina Dianthea and I will be... ah... yes, conducting a ritual. It is appropriate to do so in the presence of our families there.
* Laris is a bit bemused at the description but can't really argue with it :p
<Kraaz> I suppose your troops will be fine without you for that long.
<Kraaz> We shouldn't be on the move before you would return, it sounds like.
* Laris will do the usual routine of handing over his clothes to the attendant and model proper bathhouse etiquette ;)
<Laris> Yes, I hope that's the case.
* Kraaz will strip with no shame and hand his clothes over somewhat dubiously.
* Korivan will do the same, but eyes Kraaz
* Kraaz shrugs.
<Kraaz> It was open last time I was in town.
<Korivan> hmm.
<Kraaz> It's relaxing.
* Kraaz smiles.
<Laris> But I wanted to discuss what might transpire if that isn't the case. If Iaga should stir up trouble while I'm away.
<Kraaz> Is that likely? She's knows what she'd be bringing upon herself.
<Laris> I don't know if it's likely. I hope it isn't.
<Laris> But ... they might consider my absence an opportunity.
<Kraaz> They'll regret it if they try something.
<Laris> They sent a delegation here recently to try and curry favour.
<Laris> To "forge closer ties", that is.
* Korivan frowns
<Laris> They offered tribute, and potentially their warriors towards our cause if we could also agree to defend them.
* Korivan looks more dubious
<Kraaz> Iaga is not well-liked. That's not a great bargain.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I agree. It is an effort to smooth things over, to maintain the current status quo a while longer.
<Kraaz> It won't be her only plan.
<Laris> They must suspect that they are at risk.
<Laris> And that could make them do something dangerous.
* Kraaz nods.
<Korivan> At best, any tribute she sends....will tax the river worse
* Laris will get into a nice refreshing bath ^-^
<Laris> How do you mea?
<Laris> (mean)
* Korivan can get in the bath too
* Kraaz will join them.
<Laris> (warm bath, I'm not going to make you meet with me in the cold one ;)
<Korivan> she wouldn't give up her own riches.... only squeeze out more
<Korivan> and pass on any resentment @_@
<Laris> Ah, I see what you mean. That is possible, yes.
<Laris> What are your intentions in this regard?
* Korivan leans back in the bath and looks to Kraaz
<Kraaz> Iaga...is no fit chief.
<Korivan> mmhmm.
<Kraaz> We don't know how many of her people would follow her if there were an alternative.
<Kraaz> But we should present them with one.
* Laris nods
<Kraaz> I don't know enough about the Osoro to say who that might be.
<Laris> I agree. If we can avoid outright warfare with them, that would be preferable, but we should of course be prepared that not all of them will agree to a peaceful transfer of power.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> We should contact Montano and his Gaath.
<Kraaz> Get more information.
* Laris nods
<Laris> THat would be wise.
* Kraaz nods towards Korivan.
<Kraaz> And you should see about the Kobrakai, I think.
* Korivan nods
<Laris> If you can handle those matters while I am away, then, if all goes well, hopefully by the time I return, we will be able to proceed.
<Laris> With whichever path we decide is best.
* Kraaz nods.
<Laris> I hope that nothing will go amiss while I'm away, but I trust that if it does, you will be able to help handle matters until I return. As well, Gladius will remain to defend the city.
<Kraaz> We'll have the city well in hand. Got get your blessing.
<Kraaz> Well, we'll have the land around it protected, at least. Siru Mamitu and the rest can care for the city.
* Korivan nods
<Laris> Thank you. After we return, we would be honoured to host a gathering at the villa to celebrate our marriage with our friends and allies here.
<Korivan> Of course...
* Kraaz nods.
* Laris will make conversation while we finish up our bath, then :)

Dianthea talks to Eyllia about the upcoming marriage


* Vess is now known as Eyllia
* Kraaz is now known as Dianthea
* Dianthea will make her way to the Emerald Drake later the same day the senate messenger arrived.
<YOAW_Narrator> Lysa will inform Eyllia "your girl is here."
* Eyllia will make mental note of the conversation she needs to have with Lysa and ask her to send Dianthea to her cabin
* Dianthea will knock politely.
* Eyllia then spends the wait nervously fixing her toga and checking her hair
<Eyllia> Come in, its open
* Dianthea opens the door and enters.
<Dianthea> Hi.
* Dianthea smiles.
* Eyllia beams back
<Dianthea> I hope I'm not intruding.
<Eyllia> Hi
<Eyllia> no, nothing that cant wait
<Eyllia> This is a nice surprise
<Dianthea> Great. I brought you something.
<Eyllia> Oh.
* Eyllia will approach curious
* Dianthea produces a bottle of wine.
<Dianthea> It's not a big deal, it's just wine from my family's vineyards that I brought with me.
<Dianthea> We kind of bring them everywhere.
<Dianthea> But I thought you might like it.
<Eyllia> thank you
* Eyllia takes the bottle and sets in on her desk
* Eyllia will slip her arms around Dianthea
<Eyllia> how should I show my appreciation?
* Dianthea will happily, if a bit nervously, do the same.
<Dianthea> I can think of some ways...
* Dianthea will kiss Eyllia, though pull back after a moment.
<Dianthea> I did have something maybe a bit awkward to talk to you about, though.
<Dianthea> So you might want to wait until you, you know, 'appreciate' me.
<Eyllia> that sounds ominous
<Dianthea> Well, I mean, it's nothing you didn't know about.
<Dianthea> Laris and I were going to go back to Thantopolis soon to be married, so that our families could be present.
* Dianthea waits to see how Eyllia takes that.
<Eyllia> You just got here a month ago? Now you're leaving?
* Eyllia is a bit confused
<Dianthea> We're coming right back. We don't plan to be gone more than a month, all told.
<Dianthea> I was...hoping you might want to come?
* Eyllia steps back, quite surpised
* Dianthea looks very nervous.
<Eyllia> Me?
<Eyllia> I... we... why?
<Eyllia> I don't understand
<Dianthea> Because I like you. And this is something important to me.
<Dianthea> I know it's soon.
<Dianthea> If you don't want to, I understand.
<Dianthea> It's awkward, I know.
<Dianthea> But, I thought it might also be nice.
<Dianthea> I'm sorry, I can go...
<Eyllia> No... don't leave
* Eyllia sits on the edge of her desk
<Eyllia> It's just... unexpected
* Dianthea will turn and pause.
* Eyllia takes a deep breath
<Eyllia> Even if I wanted to go with you, and I'm not saying I do, I can leave my ship for a month.
<Dianthea> Well...I thought maybe we could hire the Drake to take us?
<Dianthea> It's the fastest ship here.
<Eyllia> that is true
<Dianthea> It would make the whole trip go much faster.
<Eyllia> Does Laris know about me?
<Eyllia> about us?
<Dianthea> Yes.
<Dianthea> I don't keep secrets from people I care about.
<Eyllia> I take it he is fine with this arrangement
<Dianthea> Yes.
<Dianthea> We're partners, or will be, but we have other relationships.
<Dianthea> I know that doesn't seem to be your people's way...
<Eyllia> my people are very tight knit
<Eyllia> by necessity
* Dianthea nods.
<Eyllia> visiting Thantopolis is hard to pass up
<Eyllia> Graham will be shitting literal bricks for the chance
<Eyllia> and the crew needs some time at sea... they're growing itchy for it...
<Eyllia> as am I to be honest
* Eyllia hops up
* Dianthea smiles tentatively.
* Eyllia closes the distance between the two of them
<Eyllia> my gut is telling me that this could be complicated, all of us on a ship together
<Eyllia> for such dignified passengers, an appropriate fee would be required
<Dianthea> I can offer whatever is necessary.
<Eyllia> I can take you for free... just you... we could meet them there.
<Dianthea> That would be...nice...
<Dianthea> Laris does have other ships.
<Dianthea> I'd have to talk to him about it.
* Eyllia smiles
<Eyllia> That's not necessary. Ill bring you both, and if you need a few others as well.
<Dianthea> Well, Rufus will be coming, too, I think, so they'll likely be preoccupied.
<Dianthea> I think we can count on plenty of time to ourselves...
<Eyllia> I am the captain. I may not be as free as you or I would like.
<Dianthea> Of course. I don't want to be in your way.
<Eyllia> I never thought you would, I just want to make sure you understand
* Dianthea nods.
<Dianthea> It would be nice to see you in command, I think. In your element, as it were.
<Dianthea> I know you've been kind of cooped up in port.
* Ancestors (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Dianthea (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
* Nasara (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<Eyllia> It will be good to be at sea again
* Dianthea (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Eyllia> It will be good to be at sea again
<Dianthea> When we get back, you'll need to start exploring further south. Yes?
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> but why look so far ahead? Who knows what the waves will bring? Last month it was a dragon
* Dianthea smiles.
<Dianthea> That's true.
<Dianthea> I was just going to say, if you use Nesu Abamatu as a home port for a while, maybe I could accompany you some.
<Dianthea> The city needs eyes and ears further out.
<Eyllia> If that is something you want, I'm sure I could help out
* Eyllia will run her fingers down her arm
<Eyllia> with everything settled... do you need to head back right away, or do you have time?
<Dianthea> Oh, well, I was hoping this would go well, so I don't have anywhere to be right now.
<Dianthea> And I *did
* bring you a bottle of wine...
<Eyllia> yes. Lets have a taste then

Eyllia informs Lysa of the plan


* Eyllia escorts Dianthea off the ship then tracks down Lysa
* Dianthea is now known as Lysa
* Lysa is hacking at pells on the deck (let's say)
<Lysa> (Well, hacking isn't quite right. Poking, more like.)
<Eyllia> We need to talk
<Lysa> Are we finally setting sail?
* Lysa doesn't stop practicing.
<Eyllia> Yes, thats why we need to talk
<Lysa> Oh?
* Lysa will actually pause at that.
<Eyllia> in my cabin, please
<Eyllia> we can fetch Grahm afterward
* Lysa nods and follows.
* Eyllia will usher her in and close the door
* Lysa frowns.
<Lysa> What's the problem?
<Eyllia> Its a relatively quick sail. We're transporting passengers to Thantopolis and back
<Eyllia> a couple weeks there and back
* Lysa (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<Eyllia> Its not long but we all need it
* Dianthea (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Dianthea (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Client Quit)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'll just do this)
* YOAW_Narrator is now known as Lysa
<Lysa> Well, a milk run, but anything is better than nothing.
<Lysa> Are you upset it's an easy job?
<Eyllia> No.
<Eyllia> It's who it is and why
<Eyllia> We're bringing Laris Covis and his betrothed to their wedding and then back here
<Eyllia> plus a couple of their entourage
* Eyllia adds as an afterthought
<Eyllia> (Corvis)
<Eyllia> (sp)
<Lysa> Laris Corvis and his...you want to carry your...paramour, I guess, and he fiance to their wedding?
<Lysa> Eyllia, that's insane.
<Eyllia> Is it really? The time at sea will be good and they're going to pay us well for it.
<Eyllia> And its an 'in' for the Houses in Thantopolis
<Lysa> You want to have both of them on your ship, together, for 10 days back to a Thantopolitan port? 20 days if we bring them back?
<Eyllia> It's not like Laris doesn't know about me and 'Thea... listen I don't pretend to understand their relationship
<Eyllia> I like the way I feel around her. Is that wrong?
* Lysa sighs.
<Lysa> No, it's not. I'm happy for you, but this just seems really complicated.
<Lysa> This is why I tried telling you relationships are for landfolk. ;)
<Eyllia> maybe you're right... maybe I'm being a silly girl...I just need to work that out for myself
<Eyllia> the trip could be a disaster and you can laugh and point and say I told you so... I'll deserve it
<Lysa> Well, I was going to do that anyway if it happened, but I'm glad you're acknowledging my right up front.
<Lysa> Seriously, though, I'm here for you. You know that.
<Lysa> It's not a big ship. I can't help but be here for you.
<Eyllia> I never doubt that
<Eyllia> And you never know, maybe you'll like Dainthea was well, once you get to know her
<Lysa> Maybe so.
<Lysa> I'm sure she's nice, if you like her.
<Lysa> And, hey, I'll have a fair bit of time to get to know her.
<Eyllia> she did bring me wine... in fact we only had a little bit. The bottle is over there if you want to try or finish it.
<Lysa> I like her more already.
* Eyllia giggles
<Eyllia> sometimes... I'm scared Lysa.... me and Dinathea... I'm not sure I know what I'm doing
<Lysa> Oh, 'Lia, no one really does.
<Eyllia> I never expected anything like this... especially anything like this trip
* Lysa will come over to give Eyllia a side-arm hug.
<Lysa> Well, you did want to get out into the world, try new things.
<Lysa> Sometimes those things are nice, sometimes they're scary; more than you'd think, they're both.
<Eyllia> If you want to know new water, you dive right in
<Eyllia> thank you
* Eyllia says sincerly to her cousin
<Eyllia> now lets get Grahm in here and get the logistical crap out of the way
<Lysa> That's what he's here for.
<Lysa> Hey, they're paying us for this, right?
<Eyllia> No offered it for free
* Eyllia says fishing
* Lysa snaps her fingers.
<Lysa> And here I thought Grahm was going to get his trade house for sure.
<Lysa> Well, he'll have a month to convince them.
* Lysa 's face goes serious for a moment.
<Lysa> It'll be all right, 'Lia, I promise. One way or another.
* Eyllia frowns
<Eyllia> that was no fun... of course were getting payed
<Eyllia> (paid)
<Eyllia> but I bet I can get Grahm all fish eyed with the same line
<Lysa> That, I want to see. I'll go get him.