Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 16

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 16 Next

Summary

Laris calls together the city leaders, as well as the Hrieffen to discuss the approaching dragon, and plans are made. He announces the threat to the ongoing party and answers some questions from Induriel, Wahala, and Eyllia. Induriel consults with his entourage as to how they can be of assistancew. Kraaz and Korivan discuss a strategy for the Hrieffen. Saḫḫiru approaches Wahala and Eyllia to enlist their aid with evacuations if necessary. Laris tries to convince Dianthea to take shelter at his villa, but winds up conducting her to the Raven Queen's temple, where he speaks with Harbinger. Korivan and Induriel conduct separate divinations concerning the dragon, each receiving different insights.

Session

Session date: The same evening as the last session
In Game date: 2018-07-22

Laris calls a meeting


<YOAW_Narrator> So, you got dis dragon...
<Laris> heh
<Laris> I guess I should tell people about that ;p
<Korivan> yeah
<Korivan> who all are you summoning?
<YOAW_Narrator> I think we said last session. Let me double check.
<YOAW_Narrator> Sahhiru was going to grab May, Kadanu, and Temu; and he asked Calkas to get Kraaz and Korivan.
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris was getting Varinia, Rufus, and Dianthea.
<Laris> *nod*
<Laris> I'd deliberated over whether I should try to get Harbinger and Merula as well.
<Laris> but a) I don't know how much time I have and b) I'm not sure if they will be useful at this juncture.
<YOAW_Narrator> Legit (because I wasn't logging right :0
<Laris> (heh)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, I guess we'll gather folks in the...library? I think that's what we've used for big meetings before.
<Laris> (sounds good)
<Induriel> (Aw, not me? :D )
<Laris> (someone needs to keep the party going ;)
<Induriel> (*munches on unspiced cracker*)
* Laris will wait until folks gather and then call things to order.
<Laris> I have just received some troubling news. One of the ships searching for the missing ships has instead sighted a dragon.
<YOAW_Narrator> That will get you several muttered curses, gasps, etc.
<Korivan> Hmm...
* Korivan glances at Kraaz
<Laris> It was several days' sail north of here. They report that it was an adult dragon, and that it flew over the ship but did not engage with them.
<Laris> They are returning to port, so if they do so safely and soon, we may be able to gather more details than what was contained in their short message.
<Kraaz> Several days sail. That's well beyond these lands. How much of a danger is this?
* NPC2 is now known as Kadanu
<Kadanu> It's not to be taken lightly. That's not much distance for a dragon.
<Kadanu> And we present a better target here than anything else nearby, if it's looking for plunder...or food.
<Laris> We won't know its intentions unless it approaches nearer. As a precaution, we should send scouts to try and sight it and determine if it's headed in this direction.
<Kraaz> I suppose you'll want the best for that, then?
<Laris> Yes - those who can move swiftly and safely.
<Laris> and who can be trusted to avoid either antagonizing the creature with attacks or being terrified by it.
* Laris adds, knowing the Hrieffen are more likely to do the former than the latter...
* Kraaz harrumphs a little, but nods.
<Laris> It does us little good to scout if they cause more trouble - or get eaten.
<Laris> We should also do what we can in the meantime to bolster the city's defenses.
* Laris says with more of a look to Varinia and May
* Kadanu is now known as Varinia
<Varinia> Our archers are already the main force for patrolling the walls. We'll keep them on alert for the time being.
<Korivan> I will see...what we can learn about it, and what it wants
* Varinia is now known as Temu
* Laris nods
<Laris> Magical defenses and scouting also are welcome.
* Zari is now known as Wahala
<Temu> We should begin summoning now. Countering it's air superiority is the standard procedure.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I believe it is currently premature to begin to evacuate the city, but we should consider that as a possibility if necessary. Plan for where we would send civilians.
<Laris> The keep may be safest but it will also be the biggest target.
<Sahhiru> In all honesty, while the city is a target, it may still be the safest place for civilians. Here they have some shelter, at least.
<Laris> We don't want to cause panic.
<Sahhiru> We should let the temples know their likely to be crowded, and that their services may be needed.
<Laris> If we need to, we have the fleet - and there are other vessels on hand as well. Evacuating people to ships may be our best option if the city is no longer secure.
<Sahhiru> (They're, rather)
* Sahhiru nods.
<Laris> Many smaller targets, rather than one large one.
* Laris says grimly.
<Kraaz> Maybe the newcomers can help with that?
* Korivan is thinking that the Hrieffen can disperse if its too hard to fight, but this is really Kraaz's department
* Laris nods
* Temu is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<Laris> Any vessels that were damaged by the storms should be repaired as quickly as possible, at least so that they are seaworthy if need be.
<Rufus_Metillius> You have at least one other necromancer in the city, right? I'll need help awakening the troops I brought with us.
<Laris> Yes, I can connect you with the other one.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Laris> Are there other suggestions? We will need to begin at once to make preparations. I will coordinate efforts from the keep.
<Kraaz> I'll go gather the scouts and get them on their way. Kor?
<Korivan> I'll see what we can divine... and have the camps know they will need to be ready to ride.
* Kraaz will be on his way.
* Laris will go aside to speak to Dianthea, if we're done with the planning parts for the moment.
* Korivan will also go
<YOAW_Narrator> Temu and May will likely file out go begin their magical preparations.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, let's do Kor and Kraaz real quick. He had a thing to run by Korivan.)
<Laris> (okay)
<Kraaz> All right, so, divinations are all well and good, but I had another idea, but I need you to tell me if it's possible.
<Korivan> What?
<Kraaz> Temu said we need to "counter it's air superiority." How many air spirits can you and the booyagh get us?
<Kraaz> I'm thinking, it can't be that superior if it's fighting the air itself.
* Korivan nods, thinking
<Korivan> Yes.... we can try that
<Korivan> Its a good thought
<Kraaz> A dragon...this is the stuff legends are made of.
* Kraaz looks pointedly at your dragonmark.
<Korivan> Yes... I know. This is why I want to know what it want.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> Well, our scouts will see what they can determine.
* Kraaz sighs.
* Korivan nods
<Kraaz> If I weren't Hraal, I'd be going with them.
<Korivan> mmhmm... but if it comes... they won't be in the fight.
<Kraaz> Right.
<Kraaz> Well, we've got our work cut out for us.
* Kraaz will slap you on the shoulder and keep walking.

Laris tries to get Dianthea to safety


<YOAW_Narrator> (To Dianthea?)
* Laris will bring her aside slightly to have a quiet word.
* Dianthea seems to be keeping it together, but does look worried.
<Laris> Are you all right?
<Dianthea> I'll be fine, I'm just...a dragon? That's a new one for me.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I want you to be safe. If it comes to the point where we need to do so, Calkas can take you to my villa. It's well outside the city and should be less of an obvious target.
* Dianthea makes a face.
<Dianthea> I can help here. I don't do animation like Rufus, but I can help keep the troops in good repair.
<Dianthea> Living ones too, even, though that's not my forte.
* Laris looks mildly disconcerted, but nods grudgingly.
<Laris> Let me take you to the temple, then. Merula can likely use your help.
* Dianthea nods.
* Eyllia (vess@CPEbc4dfb296af3-CMbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Dianthea> Not the circumstances under which I had hoped to make my introduction, but fate has a way of choosing for us.
* Dianthea tries a smile.
* Laris nods.
<Laris> Thank you. Your courage is good to see.
* Dianthea 's smile widens a little, then she returns your nod.

Laris breaks up the party and takes questions


* Laris will head out to where whatever remains of the party is still going on, and put himself in a high point (I don't know what we have - if there's stairs or a balcony or the like, that would work, or he'll just stand on a table if no other options ;p)
<Wahala> Oh this should be good
* Wahala nudges her seatmate
<Laris> Greetings, honoured guests. I speak on behalf of Domina Mamitu Lalu to say that we welcome you to Nesu Abamatu, and to thank you for your generosity.
<Laris> However, we have a problem. We have received word that a dragon is approaching the city. We have put plans in place to deal with it if it does draw near, and you are welcome to shelter within the city as needed.
* Induriel goes a shade pale; then he looks sharply in the direction of Ettelëa and Lócë Camellia to see how they react.
<Wahala> are you fucking kidding me
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Awareness?)
<Induriel> (I have to increase that...)
<Induriel> !roll 2d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 3 6 ] for a total of [ 9 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> They're going for stoic, and mostly managing, but you can tell they're scared/worried.
<Eyllia> (what do we know about dragons?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (For Eyllia, culturally, they fall into two categores: feudal lords in the islands to the north of your homeland, and sentient natural disasters that occasionally show up from same.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (The former were trading partners of the city-states of your homeland who occasionally showed up to stop the latter.)
<Eyllia> (I highly doubt any feudal dragon lords are in these parts)
<YOAW_Narrator> (For Wahala, you know they were/are basically sentient drakes, some of whom ruled the empires that fell not too long ago)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia would have heard the empires here had some, but both were at least a decade gone by the time your people showed up.)
<Eyllia> and I was just getting to know the place
<Wahala> Do you think they're here to trade?
<Laris> (is that directed at Laris?)
<Wahala> (at Eyllia, we're sitting near each other)
<Laris> (okay)
<Induriel> How long until this dragon reaches here?
<Induriel> (That *is
* directed at Laris. :) )
<Eyllia> eh... I'm not aware of any dragon lords in these parts for a few years, so if its looking for trade, its probably more in the finding something to use for trade attitude, at best
<Laris> (based on how long I think the message might have taken to get here, etc. what's my best estimate?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (If it's headed this way, it could be here in something like 1-3 days)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Assuming it headed directly here.)
<Eyllia> at worst... lets just say the worst is very bad
<Laris> It could be as little as a day, if it was headed directly here. Perhaps as much as 3 days, if we are fortunate.
<Eyllia> although I've never seen a dragon before, when would you get another chance
* Wahala rustles in her mane for a bit, pulling out a small, sleepy-looking drake who protests mildly at being disturbed
<Induriel> And how large is it?
<Wahala> This is the closest I've gotten, myself
<Laris> It is a fully grown adult.
<Eyllia> oh how cute
* Eyllia gushes, but tries to pay attention to the serious conversations too
* Wahala smiles as the little drake starts climbing back in to his warm nest
<Induriel> Was it recognized?
<Laris> (I assume I don't have enough information to make any guesses? afaik I don't even have a colour to go on?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, the message didn't say. Something to take up with the ship's captain when they get back)
<Laris> We don't know. I hope that the ship that sighted it will return soon and can provide more information.
* Induriel is about to ask something else, but stops himself.
<Induriel> I see.
<Laris> For now, please remain calm. And, ah, feel free to take some leftovers.
* Laris says, eyeing the remains of food on the tables.
* Wahala doesn't need to be told twice
* Induriel nods, and looks around for May and/or his advisors
* Eyllia tries to get a feel for the current of the crowd... fearful, defiant, resigned?
<Wahala> (intrigued!)
<YOAW_Narrator> Folks right there, a little fearful, more defiant.

Induriel consults with his entourage


* Valtheriel is probably not too far.
* Induriel goes over to her
<Induriel> (w) Valtheriel - let us go back to the apartments. We must discuss how to help in this situation.
* Induriel sneaks another look at the Camellias before leaving
<Induriel> !roll 2d6
* Korivan rolls for Induriel: [ 2d6 ] getting [ 4 6 ] for a total of [ 10 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> They seem to be quietly talking amongst themselves.
* Laris will then take Dianthea to the temple, leaving other folks to clean up the remains of the party ;)
<Induriel> (I don't suppose Valtheriel reads lips or anything? :D )
<YOAW_Narrator> (I hadn't thought about it, but I can see that being the case, actually. I don't know that she can get a good look at them, though, in this instance.)
<YOAW_Narrator> The two elven ambassadors look about like everyone else, a little scared but mostly determined.
<YOAW_Narrator> Ettelea will spare a glance your way, giving you an acknowledging nod.
* Valtheriel will walk with you back to your rooms.
* Induriel closes the door when they arrive
<Induriel> Well.
* Kraaz is now known as Malliel
<Induriel> We may have as little as a day to prepare.
<Valtheriel> What did you have in mind? There is little material support we can offer.
<Malliel> I can aid them. I've fought dragons before.
<Induriel> Actually, my first choice would be to avoid it altogether.
<Valtheriel> You've been in three battles with dragons, and in none of them did you personally come close to a dragon.
<Malliel> Hmph.
<Malliel> How would we avoid it?
<Induriel> Mamitu and I were able to conceal an army; perhaps we could conceal the city, or misdirect the dragon.
<Induriel> However, that would take a mightier sacrifice than the one we offered last time.
<Induriel> For that matter, we don't even know that it's coming directly here.
<Valtheriel> Yes. While it is concerning, this may all be unnecessary.
<Induriel> A divination would help... but we have little to go on.
<Induriel> A token from the ship that first spotted the creature might help a bit, but only minimally.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> Do we have any idea which dragon this might be?
<Valtheriel> A single lone adult, on this coast...it could be any of them. We don't even have a color to go on.
<Valtheriel> As of our latest estimates, nine dragons were deployed by Arkhosia on the southeastern front, but those numbers date to the fall of Bael Turath.
<Induriel> If it does come here... what would scare off or dissuade a dragon? Another, larger dragon.
<Induriel> Could it be deceived into thinking another already rules here?
<Induriel> That would not be a lasting solution, but it might avoid the immediate crisis.
<Valtheriel> We could always bribe it. Many of their kind are susceptible to material persuasion.
<Induriel> Assuming it has no inside information from its former confederates... the Vanilorrans did seem taken aback.
<Valtheriel> We could attempt further reconnaissance if you feel the situation merits it.
<Induriel> Certainly. I will consult with Mamitu and her advisors to find out more. Perhaps a divination ritual of some kind will help.
<Induriel> We must also take stock of what we have as offerings to the various princes and princesses below, if we can invoke them to help in some way...
<Induriel> Or did you mean reconnaissance of the Vanilorrans?
<Valtheriel> Either, really, the the latter was my intent.
<Induriel> Well, if this is an Arkhosian dragon, would it turn to the traitor Iomelinde for help?
<Valtheriel> It's possible. By all accounts, Iomelinde has no special love for dragonkind, but he'd be foolish to dismiss such an asset.
<Induriel> He no longer has the excuse of having to ally with other dragons to oppose Ratha. But I doubt that would matter.
<Induriel> Well, we must make sure he does *not
* acquire such an asset.
<Malliel> What do you propose?
<Induriel> I'm not sure.
<Induriel> Where do you suppose this dragon has been all this time?
<Induriel> Ah, never mind. At this point we can only speculate.
<Induriel> We must find out more, and then use that information to determine how to drive away or defeat it.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Valtheriel> As you said, perhaps a divination ritual.
<Induriel> Yes. I will go to consult with Mamitu at once.
* Induriel rises
<Induriel> Thank you again Valtheriel, Malliel.
<Valtheriel> My lord.
<Malliel> My lord.
* Induriel nods, then rushes off to find May and/or conduct a divination ritual on his own

Saḫḫiru speaks with Wahala and Eyllia


* Sahhiru will try to catch Eyllia and Wahala before they leave.
<Sahhiru> Captain D'Azzure, Captain Wahala, a moment, if you would.
* Wahala hands her roast goat to Pupo and gestures him off
<Eyllia> Sure... you are?
<Sahhiru> Sahhiru. Advisor to Siru Mamitu.
<Sahhiru> I hoped to enlist your aid, if possible.
<Wahala> What do you wish of us?
<Sahhiru> With this current threat, we might need to evacuate as many civilians as possible, and our ability to do so safely is limited. Your ships would represent a significant addition to any evacuation we might undertake.
<Sahhiru> I doubt individual ships would be much of a target, minimizing the danger, and we would of course be willing to compensate you.
<Wahala> Ah. So this dragon is a danger, then? I thought your peoples worked with them?
<Sahhiru> My people worked with one dragon, but she...is gone.
<Sahhiru> This one, who can say what its motives are?
* Wahala nods
<Wahala> Evacuation is sensible, then. Is there a place where the ships would meet? Or is the idea to take them to sea, and return later?
* Wahala turns to Eyllia
<Wahala> I do not know the ports around this area, I confess
<Eyllia> I am not unsympathetic but I only have the Drake and I cannot get word to other possible ships in the scant days before the dragon's arrival
<Eyllia> As for ports, this is the largest in the immediate area
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> I understand. We offer whatever protection we can while you are in port, of course.
<Eyllia> it may be safest and sensible to sail straight to sea and wait this out, assuming you are also capable of navigating out of sight of shore
* Wahala nods
<Eyllia> I can propose you this that may help. If there were valuable individuals to escape, the Drake is much faster than other ships I saw here. It could linger longer and still bring them safely way.
<Eyllia> its capacity alas is no where near that of Wahala's crafts
<Wahala> And I can have my crew set extra provisions by, for a long trip should it become necessary to move to another town, if the dragon does not leave things suitable here.
<Sahhiru> I will consult with the others. If it proves necessary to evacuate Siru Mamitu or the others, your help would be most welcome.
<Sahhiru> I have many arrangements to make, but I thank you for your time. We can find you at your ships, I assume?
<Eyllia> I will stay as long as I am able.
<Wahala> I shall begin the resupply, yes
<Eyllia> but you must have a thousand and one tasks apon you can growing even as we speak
<Eyllia> (and not can)
<Sahhiru> You're both more than gracious. I hope this doesn't sour you on our fair city.
* Sahhiru gives a slight bow and turns to go.
* Wahala smiles
<Wahala> It is a dragon, who can predict this?
<Eyllia> its more excitement than I expected when I docked

Laris takes Dianthea to the temple, and speaks with Harbinger


* Dianthea is probably fairly quiet on the way there.
* Laris will also make sure someone can take Rufus to meet with Nakhtmin, btw.
<Laris> (necromancer playdate)
<YOAW_Narrator> (hee)
* Laris is somewhat preoccupied so might not notice at first, but will eventually pick up on her quietnesss
<Laris> Are you troubled?
<Dianthea> Aren't you?
<Laris> Yes. But ... I suppose I meant, are you troubled by anything I could help with?
<Dianthea> I'm sorry, no. I'm just worried.
* Laris nods
<Dianthea> The disaster with the ship, and now this. Have I just brought ill luck to your world?
<Laris> It's understandable. I am sorry your arrival here was so disturbed by all these troubles. But it is not your fault.
<Laris> I hope.. when this has passed... we can have an opportunity to have a better chance to get to know one another.
<Dianthea> I'd like that.
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll arrive at the temple a few minutes of more comfortable silence later.
<YOAW_Narrator> An acolyte can greet you, showing you to Merula's quarters (though I'm sure you know the way).
<Laris> (what time of day is it at this point? evening?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Late-ish in the evening. Ten or eleven.)
* Laris will hope she isn't getting dragged out of bed for this.
<YOAW_Narrator> The acolyte will knock on Merula's door, and you'll hear her response of "Come in."
* Merula will look up from her weaving as you enter.
<Laris> Fata Merula, good evening.
<Merula> Dominus Corvis, to what do I owe this late visit?
* Merula will rise to greet the two of you.
<Laris> I'm afraid there is troubling news. A dragon approaches the city.
<Merula> A dragon? That takes me back...
<Laris> Oh?
<Merula> What do we know of it?
<Laris> Not much so far. It is an adult dragon, spotted north of here along the coast by one of our ships. It flew over them but made no attack at that point.
<Merula> A story for another time. Suffice to say I'm familiar with their handiwork.
* Merula nods.
<Merula> Not immediately hostile. That's a good sign.
* Laris nods
<Laris> We don't yet know its intentions, but we must prepare for the worst possibilities. As such, the temple should be prepared to deal with injuries and with bolstering our defences where you can.
<Laris> It may be as little as a day, or as much as three, before it arrives - if it is in fact coming here.
<Merula> That's not much time. I will ask the Queen for what aid she will give, and the acolytes will prepare for injured.
<Laris> Thank you.
<Laris> Fata Dianthea is willing to assist you.
* Laris says, nodding to her.
<Merula> Ah, Fata Dianthea, welcome. We've been awaiting your arrival.
<Dianthea> Thank you, Fata Merula. I'm happy to assist in whatever way I can.
<Merula> We'll get right to work, time being of the essence and all. Is there anything else, Dominus?
<Laris> Not at present. Later, once we have more information, we may need to consider whether this is part of the divination you received, but for now, we must simply prepare for its arrival as best as we can.
* Merula nods, stepping out towards her ritual space.
* Laris turns to Dianthea.
<Laris> Are you all right if I leave you here? I have much to do, but I will return when I can to check on you.
* Dianthea gives you a reassuring smile.
<Dianthea> I'll be fine. You have more important things to do. I can help here.
* Dianthea will reach over to grab your hand and give it a squeeze, then go to follow Merula.
* Laris will head back to the keep to coordinate things from there, then.
* Valtheriel is now known as Harbinger
* Harbinger will step out of the shadows nearby as you are leaving the temple.
<Harbinger> Dominus.
<Laris> ah.. good evening, Harbinger. I hoped I might run into you.
<Harbinger> I...overheard your conversation with Fata Merula. There is a possible danger to the city. I'd like to help.
<Laris> Thank you. do you have a suggestion of how you could help, or should I find a place where you can assist?
<Harbinger> I confess, I am not certain where my talents would provide the most aid.
* Laris considers for a moment.
<Laris> You could keep watch - unlike most guards, you will not fall asleep, or need to take breaks.
* Harbinger nods.
<Laris> We need to watch both for the ship that we hope will be returning, and for the dragon.
<Harbinger> There is a position on the northeast tower that will provide the greatest vantage.
<Laris> Excellent.
<Harbinger> I will inform you if I spot either.
<Laris> Thank you, Harbinger.
<YOAW_Narrator> With that, Harbinger is gone between one step and the next.
* Laris blinks twice and then will shake his head and walk back to the keep like some kind of sucker I guess ;)

Korivan makes plans and speaks with his ancestor to gain insights into the dragon


* Korivan will head back to the camp and inform the booyagh of the general situation before settling into his own tent to see what he can determine about this dragn and its motivations
<Korivan> (will and knowledge are literlaly the same roll, heh)
<Lan_phone> !roll 5d6
* Korivan rolls for Lan_phone: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 2 4 3 1 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<Korivan> (14)
<YOAW_Narrator> You slip into a trance, a relatively easy thing for you these days, and you see both your tent and the familiar campfire in your ancestors' war camp in the spirit realm. Several of your ancestors sit across from you, though not Orak and Eryvet like last time.
* Dianthea nick Ancestor
<Dianthea> (ack)
* Dianthea is now known as Ancestor
<Ancestor> You are troubled, Hrieffen Eryvet Korivan.
<Ancestor> A great beast comes from afar.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> A dragon
<Ancestor> Child of chaos, the titans' strength clothed in the gods' flesh and will.
<Ancestor> Like our family's patron.
* Ancestor gestures to your dragonmark.
<Korivan> Yew
<Korivan> (Yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> You notice she has a similar one glowing on her chest and shoulder.
<Ancestor> You wish to know if it means you ill.
<Korivan> Ancestor... with whom do I speak
* Korivan nods
<Ancestor> Hrieffen Eryvet Galra. First to bear the mark.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Yes...The dragons' wars were not ours
<Korivan> But the world has changed
* Ancestor is now known as Galra
<Galra> There is more to the history of the dragons than you know.
<Galra> Their wars were not our people's, but they were ours. Or would be. Or will be.
<Galra> But this dragon, it has lost its war.
<Galra> And its purpose.
<Korivan> a scavenger
<Galra> A warrior with no tribe.
<Korivan> Hmm
<Korivan> does it seek a war...or a tribe
<Galra> Both, in equal measure.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> Very well...
<Korivan> Do you knw of its strengths, or weaknesses?
<Galra> One and the same: loyalty.
* Korivan nods, considering that
<Korivan> I will think on how best to use this knowledge...
<Korivan> Thank you, Hriefen Eryvet Galra
* Galra nods graciously.
<Galra> Wisdom and strength, Hrieffen Eryvet Korivan.
<YOAW_Narrator> You find the doubled part of your vision fading, until you stand alone in your tent once more.

Induriel's divination


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, you can work some fey contacts, basically, and get some info on the dragon.
<Induriel> Name, colour, motivations, origin, weaknesses? :D
<YOAW_Narrator> It's an adult steel dragon oh so imaginatively called Gladius, previously of the 11th field force of Arkhosia, stationed on the eastern front. It's fought in several major battles against Thantopolitan forces mostly.
<YOAW_Narrator> Somewhat late to Arkhosia's cause, but fierce in it's support since it did join.
<YOAW_Narrator> It's been seen a few times since Arkhosia's defeat, but it hasn't allied itself with any of the surviving Arkhosian enclaves as far as anyone knows.
<Induriel> So it most likely knows of Bael Turath's fall as well, I take it?
<YOAW_Narrator> It's safe to assume so, yes.
<Induriel> This doesn't sound terribly good. :P
<Induriel> Any details on its motivations? Is it coming to Nesu Abamatu?
<YOAW_Narrator> Your contacts can tell you it is headed south, but they don't know why.
<Induriel> And that means toward us?
<Laris> (yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> Yes
<Induriel> Yikes!
<Induriel> I shall pass this on to May & Sahhiru...

Solos

Korivan relays his information to Laris


* Laris is at the keep, coordinating the various groups that are working on preparations
* Korivan will come up to the keep and track you down
<Laris> (I'll assume it's the middle of the night by this point... if it was like 10 or 11 when I talked to Merula)
<Laris> Ah...good evening, Gaath Korivan. Do you have new information to report?
<Korivan> Some things to consider, yes...
* Laris nods
* Laris will gesture for you to come into a less busy area if you seem like you want to talk.
* Korivan will follow though he didn't really seem bothered by the flow of people, either
* Laris also has some light refreshments (probably leftovers from the party ;) which he'll gesture for you to partake of if you want anything.
* Korivan will grab a few olives
<Korivan> The dragon is lost in purpose
* Laris listens with interest
* Laris also takes the opportunity to have some bread and cheese.
<Korivan> A loser in its war... it seeks both battle and belonging
<Laris> Hm.. That matches with what Induriel's divinations suggest.
<Korivan> What did the ambassador discover?
<Laris> The information he gleaned was that it is a steel dragon named Gladius, formerly of Arkhosia. It fought in several major battles, but since Arkhosia's defeat it has not allied itself with any other forces as far as he could determine.
* Korivan nnods
<Korivan> It maintains its loyalty to Arkhosia
<Laris> Perhaps. My impression was that it was late to join their cause, although a vigorous fighter once it did so. It could have allied with some of the surviving Arkhosian enclaves, but it has not done so.
<Korivan> Hmm
<Laris> Since you say that it seeks both battle and belonging, I find that interesting. It might be that we could potentially recruit it as an ally, if it no longer has other ties.
<Korivan> Loalty.... is it's greatest strength, and weaknesse. Yes.
<Korivan> (loyalty)
* Laris nods
<Korivan> It presents an opportunity
<Korivan> BUt also, I expect, a fight.
<Laris> It may seek to test our strength.
* Laris nods in agreement at that
<Korivan> The Hrieffen have never fought a dragon before
* Korivan says, the pauses as if listeing, and shrugs, deciding that's close enough - no living Hrieffen, certainly
<Laris> It will pose a challenge, then.
<Korivan> Yes
<Laris> Its air superiority will be the greatest difficulty to overcome, I suspect. We have archers but many of our troops are ground troops.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> I wanted to consult with... Sirru Ma..amitu
<Laris> She is busy but no doubt she will make time for you.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> I want to kow their plans.
<Korivan> We will try to gain favour of the air spirits, and ...drive it to the ground
<Korivan> What do you know of steel dragons?
<Laris> Hm. That would be an interesting option, if you can achieve it. It would allow more fighters to engage.
<Laris> They breathe either acid or a toxic gas that causes deafness in those exposed to it.
* Korivan makes a face at the deafness part
<Laris> Similarly they are not vulnerable to acid.
* Korivan nods
<Laris> By reputation they are neither creatures of good nor evil - self-interested, perhaps, would be a fair description, and independent.
<Korivan> hmm
<Laris> Our information suggests they can draw on magic in battle as well as physical attacks, although their physical strength is of course also considerable. We should be prepared for all eventualities.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> I will inform Hraal Kraaz
<Laris> And like many dragons, they have the ability to shift forms to a more humanoid one. If we engage with them and they wish to parlay, they might do so in that form.
<Korivan> It could approach in such a form, then?
<Laris> It's possible.
<Laris> I have the city's gates closed and will monitor any strangers who approach.
<Korivan> hmm
<Korivan> We will keep out own watch
* Laris nods
<Laris> Thank you.
<Laris> I appreciate your efforts in this matter - I know you are under no obligation to remain.
<Korivan> You are allies.... and this will be a tale for the generations to come
* Laris smiles faintly at that.
<Laris> Take some food for Kraaz as well, before you go.
* Laris can have some stuff bundled up in a satchel for you to take.
* Korivan can take food, sure
* Korivan will go see if he can track down May