Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 10

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 10 Next

Summary

Preparations are made for the investigation of Lake Ankai - May informs Saḫḫiru and asks Induriel to accompany her. The company heads south, where Korivan addresses the Ankai Gaath, Malaga.

Meanwhile, Laris invites Saḫḫiru for an inspection of the city that ends in dinner and a trip to his private villa. Before leaving on the expedition, Induriel is approached by the head of the weaver's guild, an eladrin woman named Minyë Tulca, Bout representing her interests to the new rulership.

Session

Session date: 2018-04-22
In Game date: A day or so after the previous session?

May talks to Sahhiru about the upcoming trip


* Sahhiru is presumably Sahhiru-ing it up somewhere in the keep. Looking over reports and whatnot.
* May will /me will search the keep until she locates him
<May> Uncle!
<YOAW_Narrator> Hello May.
<YOAW_Narrator> You seem to be in a good mood.
<YOAW_Narrator> (ww, obvs)
<May> Well, I think I've had an opportunity fall into my... really our lap.
<Sahhiru> Hello May. You seem to be in a good mood.
<May> The Hrieffen are sending out a party to their new territory. Kor... Gaath Korivan says there is a lake there that has magical, possibly demonic energies. He wants me to come with him as a consultant to possibly help cleanse it. I figure it will give us a good chance to observe the area and find out more about this magical lake.
* Sahhiru raises an eyebrow and sets down the page he was reading.
<Sahhiru> How many people are to be in this party?
<May> I'll be able to take twenty guards as an escort. He'll also have soldiers, but I'm not sure how many.
<Sahhiru> Hmm.
<Sahhiru> Do you know anything about this lake?
<May> he said it's a sacred place to the Ankai. A "Bridge between worlds" as he put it. Whatever it is, it sounds powerful, and we should know more about it.
<Sahhiru> "Bridge between worlds," eh?
<Sahhiru> And it likely has demonic energy?
<Sahhiru> That certainly is a concern.
<Sahhiru> What is your plan?
<May> I think he means to their spirit realm. It may be some kind of inter-planar trans-material fluctuation. I won't know if it's demonic, spiritual, elemental or something else without studying it.
<May> There's some magical tests I can run. It will help narrow down what we're dealing with.
<Sahhiru> Whom do you plan on taking with you?
<May> Temu and Kalu for sure. I'll need their help with the rituals. Induriel if he wants to go. Some of my mages and some of the guards. And Ferko. He's the best at getting information.
* Sahhiru suppresses a smile at May saying "my mages."
<Sahhiru> That's a not insignificant number. You'll need to consult with Kadanu. Guarding you in the field is a prestigious assignment.
<May> Right. I guess if I need someone to watch out for me, Kadanu's the person one to do it.
<Sahhiru> I'm not sure we should be sending all of our commanders out into the field with a small unit, but I believe he'll be able to suggest the proper guards for such an outing.
* May nods
<May> I'll talk to him next
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> How long do you expect the trip to take?
<May> I'm not sure. It will depend on what's wrong with it.
<May> It's about three days there and three back, so probably not more than two weeks
<Sahhiru> Hmm.
<May> Pleeeeeeeease
<Sahhiru> If you believe this to be in the best interests of Nesu Abamatu, then I will trust your judgement.
* May smiles excitedly
<May> Thanks Uncle! You won't regret it!
* May hugs him and gives him a kiss on the cheek
* Sahhiru raises his eyebrow again but gives a small smile.
* May will run off to find Kadanu and set up a guard unit

May invites Induriel to come


* @May will probably set off to find Induriel after talking to Kadanu.
* Induriel is in his study, admiring his collection of books
* Induriel looks up as Mifflepon escorts May in
<May> Istyar!
<May> There you are!
<Induriel> Winyamo! How good to see you.
<Induriel> How are you?
<May> Good! How are you liking the city?
<Induriel> I have yet to explore it fully - I've still been getting settled in.
<May> Well... don't get too settled.
<Induriel> Oh?
<May> I have a proposition for you.
* Induriel listens with interest.
<Induriel> Yes?
<May> The gaath of the Hrieffen has invited me on an expedition to a lake south of here in their new territory. He says it's a holy site for their people but it's tainted somehow.
<May> If you hadn't helped me with that summoning ritual when you first got here, I don't know what would have happened. I was hoping you'd be willing to help me here too.
<Induriel> I see. Of course, I'd be happy to help! I know little of Hrieffen traditions and powers, though.
<Induriel> How is the place tainted?
<May> That's the thing. We don't know. Korivan suspects possibly demonic influence, but I'm not sure.
<Induriel> What are the manifestations of this corruption, then?
<May> I'm not sure. He described it as "A presence". I know their religion revolves around spirit worship and ancestral influence. It's possible that we may have more of a haunting than a demonic taint, but that's what we need to find out. Whatever it is, it's likely a residue of the Maazikai.
<Induriel> Ah. So we may need to perform an exorcism, then.
<May> It's possible
<May> Among other things
<May> Who knows, what we discover might be useful to us, even if only in an academic sense.
<Induriel> What is the history of the area? We should check the archives; there may be some useful information there to explain it.
<May> I don't know but we can look. There must be some maps and histories in the library. Unfortunately, we may have to do our research n a hurry and take what we need with us. We leave tomorrow.
<Induriel> Tomorrow? Oh dear. That is quick.
<Induriel> So... Gaath Korivan will escort us to this place, I take it?
<May> Along with some of our guards and mages.
<May> Yes
<Induriel> Hmmm. Well, let us prepare, then!
<Induriel> Oh - how long will the journey take?
<May> Three days there, three back. More if we encounter any trouble. I would plan for two weeks to be safe.
<Induriel> Two weeks? Well.
* Induriel pauses and considers.
<Induriel> Yes, very well. I'll let Valtheriel know.
<Induriel> I can bring Malliel, of course? My bodyguard.
<May> That should be fine. Space is limited, though.
<Induriel> Is Sahhiru coming?
<May> Nope!
<May> :D
<Induriel> Ah.
* Induriel seems the tiniest bit disappointed, but shakes it off.
<Induriel> Well, then. Let us look in the archives.
<Induriel> And afterward, we can review a few exorcism techniques. You have kept up your drills?
* @May rolls her eyes.
<May> Of course.
<Induriel> Good, good.
<Induriel> Well, shall we? Those archives may hold the key.
<May> You should know better than to ask if I want to do research by now.
<Induriel> After you, Heri Mamitu!
* @May will lead Induriel up to the library. She will also have Sar-ili begin packing her things for the trip.

Laris gives Sahhiru the Grand Tour


<YOAW_Narrator> I think then Laris had something planned. Or "totally not planned."
<Laris> right >.>
* Laris will acccidentally run into Sahhiru in a way that was totally not 'finding out where he is and then going there'
<Sahhiru> Ah, Dominus Corvis, a pleasure as always.
<Laris> Ah, yes. Good afternoon.
<Laris> (what's he doing currently? i.e. how much am I interrupting him? ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (We'll say you've caught him in between things)
<Laris> If you are not currently occupied, would you perhaps care to join me in inspecting some of the new additions and repairs to the city's defenses?
* Laris says as casually as he can possibly manage
<Sahhiru> I've spent a fair bit of the morning going over the expenses for them, so I'd be happy to see what our money is buying.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> Were you heading out now?
<Laris> Yes, I was planning to.
<Sahhiru> Excellent. shall I meet you in the courtyard? Or you could accompany me to my chambers for a moment, if you like, while I retrieve more suitable attire.
<Laris> ... ah... I can meet you in the courtyard, yes.
<Sahhiru> I'll be down shortly, then.
<Laris> yes. good.
* Laris leaves and will go wait in the courtyard and kick himself.
* Sahhiru smiles to himself at that.
* Sahhiru will arrive at the courtyard not too much later, with a nicely patterned cloak/shawl (I don't know what those garments are called) draped over his shoulders and perhaps a little more jewelry than he had been wearing.
<Sahhiru> Shall we?
<Laris> Yes, certainly.
<Laris> I thought we could begin with the repairs on the watchtower...
* Sahhiru will follow along.
<Sahhiru> So, Mamitu will be gone for a few weeks, it seems. Have you heard about this Hrieffen expedition?
<Laris> Oh... yes, I did hear of that.
<Laris> I asked if they required any support for the excursion - do you think they are well guarded?
<Sahhiru> Temu knows her business, and if May isn't safe with the Hrieffen, we're already past the point of danger.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> That said, we remain mutually beneficial, so I think she'll be fine.
<Laris> The lake is said to be a site of magical energy.
<Sahhiru> It seems Gaath Korivan wanted her help with the magical side of the undertaking, and it won't hurt to reinforce May's facility in that regard to the Ankai and Hrieffen both.
<Laris> so their force of arms may not be all that is required.
* Laris nods
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> Demonic energy, I hear.
* Sahhiru says with a bit of an edge in his voice.
* Laris glances over at him
<Laris> Such matters are not my area of expertise. Are such powers to be more feared than others?
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.tooting.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Sahhiru> Sorry, old rivalries. I'm, ah, culturally opposed to such.
<Laris> ahh.
<Sahhiru> I understand it's not much of a distinction our allies make, but it's a particular point for me and mine.
<Laris> The distinction between demons and... your people?
* Laris asks carefully
<Sahhiru> Demons and the patrons of the Turathi, yes.
* Laris nods
<Sahhiru> I wonder if the Hrieffen know that many elduar consider Bane a demonic deity.
* Sahhiru shrugs.
<Laris> Is it that they have been mistaken for one another, or is there a more ... direct source of the rivalry?
<Sahhiru> The Baatezu, the gods of Turath, seek to preserve the world. Tanari, the demons, seek to destroy it. It is a conflict as old as time itself.
<Laris> Ah. Well.. then I can see how there would be some tensions there.
<Laris> But you don't intend to accompany her on the excursion?
<Sahhiru> I do not believe my presence will be necessary, and it is important that May establishes a reputation beyond this city, beyond her bloodline, and, of course, beyond me.
<Sahhiru> If I do not give her the opportunity to succeed on her own, she never will.
* Sahhiru smiles in a self-deprecating manner.
<Sahhiru> That is not to say I am not worried.
* Laris nods
<Laris> well.. hopefully it will go well.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Sahhiru> Hopefully.
<Laris> and there will be many accompanying her to provide aid, should it be necessary.
<Sahhiru> That's what I tell myself.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Shall we say y'all have arrived at the watchtower?)
<Laris> (sure)
<Laris> As you've been reviewing the expenses more recently than I have, please let me know if you see anything that seems unexpected.
<Sahhiru> Everything seems in order, and it does appear to be back in working order. That must be heartening for you, hmm?
<Laris> Yes, certainly. The city's defenses are of vital importance - without good walls and fortifications, the best troops will not be able to hold it, should another direct attack come.
<Laris> and my troops will not always be here... I wish to leave it secure for ... for the foreseeable future.
<Sahhiru> I should hope we won't be facing anything like that anytime soon, but I suppose there's no way to know. The elves could always set their sights on it, or raiders from further south...
* Laris nods
<Laris> or forces we do not yet know about.
<Sahhiru> We plan as best we can.
<Laris> yes...
* Laris can take him on some other parts of the grand tour, which I'm fine to skim over if you want, and then pick up (er, phrasing) with his attempt to invite him for dinner ;)
<Sahhiru> (Heh, all right)
<Laris> (unless you had other things to add during the 'inspection' ;)
<Sahhiru> (I think we're good)
* Laris spends a couple hours with Sahhiru, going around to various things, some of which probably involve more scenic routes than are strictly necessary >.>
<Laris> Well... everything seems to be in order.
* YOAW_Narrator will happily chat and occasionally flirt, but he seems to be making a effort at letting you set the tone of things.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Grr ww)
* Sahhiru will happily chat and occasionally flirt, but he seems to be making a effort at letting you set the tone of things.
<Laris> Perhaps we could go to the tavern for some dinner... unless you have other commitments?
<Sahhiru> I'd be delighted to. I'm famished, and this is perhaps the most time I've spent in the city outside the keep since we arrived. I really should get to know the area.
* Laris nods
* Sahhiru will accompany you to the tavern.
* Laris will have optimistically made arrangements with the tavern-keeper to have a room to ourselves (probably clearing out the entire tavern is too over the top ;)
* Sahhiru will smile behind Laris's back at that, but keep his face pleasantly blank to his face.
<Sahhiru> This is your establishment, yes?
<Laris> Yes, it was something the troops expressed a desire to have...
<Laris> for recreational purposes
* Sahhiru does smile at that.
<Sahhiru> I can imagine.
<Sahhiru> I understand it does a pretty brisk business, as well.
<Laris> It seems to help morale.
<Sahhiru> And is a convenient place for gathering information, organizing the community, etc.
<Sahhiru> It's quite nice.
* Laris nods
<Laris> is this room adequate? I thought... some privacy might be ... nice.
* Laris finishes uncertainly.
<Sahhiru> I'll confess, I wouldn't have pictured you as a tavern owner, but, in thinking about it, it suits you. It's...efficient.
* Sahhiru smiles.
<Sahhiru> Yes, of course. I'm happy to share a private meal with you.
<Laris> oh... good. yes.
<Sahhiru> I wasn't sure it was something you would want, but I'm glad for the opportunity.
<Sahhiru> Do you often take your meals here
<Sahhiru> ?
<Laris> On occasion... but normally I think the troops prefer .. not having me here. Cramping their style.
<Sahhiru> Less need for decorum without their officer around?
<Laris> Yes.
<Sahhiru> And you? Do you have some place that helps your...morale?
<Laris> But as you said, it's a good location for gathering information - I am on good terms with the tavern keeper, as I pay his salary, so when I need information, it's a good place to start.
* Laris hesitates at that
<Laris> I suppose I am most at ease in my own villa.
<Sahhiru> Your current residence, yes? Since we unceremoniously expelled you from the keep? ;)
<Sahhiru> I'm sure both are lacking in comparison to the lifestyle of a noble back in Thantopolis.
<Laris> I have maintained both for some time - I have a room still at the keep, but not as much as I once did. But I always appreciated having the villa for greater seclusion and privacy.
<Laris> it is less well-defended, however :p
<Sahhiru> Of course, but privacy is a valuable quality on it's own.
* Laris nods
* Sahhiru gestures to the private dining room around you both.
* Laris smiles a little
<Sahhiru> Is that what inspired you to build the villa? Wanting a place away from the city?
<Laris> Yes. I thought it would be nice to have someplace to relax.
* Laris says with absolutely no sense of irony
<Sahhiru> Oh?
* Laris nods
<Laris> Sahhiru... I would like to ask you to join me at my villa, for further... relaxation. If you wish.
* Laris says before he loses his nerve
* Sahhiru smiles.
<Sahhiru> I would be delighted to.
<Laris> but I have a question.
<YOAW_Narrator> Hmm?
<Sahhiru> (ww)
<Sahhiru> Hmm?
<Laris> what is the nature of your ... engagement... with Induriel? He seemed to suggest you had some past together.
* Sahhiru gives a considering look.
<Sahhiru> Induriel is a friend. Why do you ask?
<Laris> because I do not want to cause difficulties in your ... friendship.
<Sahhiru> You wouldn't.
<Sahhiru> But I don't think that is your actual concern.
<Laris> >.>
<Laris> I do not know how I will .. feel about that.
<Sahhiru> Do you wish to rescind your offer?
<Laris> ...no.
* Laris says after a moment's consideration
<Sahhiru> I'm glad.
<Laris> I will handle my own feelings. I can keep them under control.
* Laris says, perhaps entirely unrealistically
<Sahhiru> I don't wish to cause you distress.
<Sahhiru> Quite the opposite, in fact.
<Laris> I don't know if I will be... distressed.
<Laris> I haven't ... I do not know what I should expect.
<Sahhiru> What would you like?
<Laris> you.
<Sahhiru> That, I believe I can provide.

Preparations for the trip to Lake Ankai


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, folks are heading out to the Ankai, yes?
<Korivan> (YES)
<Induriel> (Yes! After lots of fun research - or as much as time allows. :D )
<Korivan> (I assume Kraaz will have put together a suitable escort, and I'm bringing a bunch fo the Booyagh as well)
<YOAW_Narrator> How many folks is Korivan wanting to take with him?
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz can handle the non-Booyahg arrangements.
<Korivan> keen
* Korivan is going to try and stick to people he knows he can rely on to be competent without needlessly challenging ;p
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz is planning to come as well, so, he'll leave Yanka in charge of the convalescing Hrieffen.
<Korivan> (Oh is he? I thought he wasn't but cool :3)
<YOAW_Narrator> He wanted you to talk to Mygal, and he's going to want you to handle the talking for this for the most part, but it's probably better for recruiting if you're both there.
<Korivan> (Truth)
* Sahhiru is now known as Kraaz
* May will leave her bow at home, but mark it with her dragonmark just in case.
<YOAW_Narrator> Induriel is coming, yes?
<Induriel> Yes1
* Mygal (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* NPC3 (webchat@rw-199-38-187-9.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, so, I'm assuming y'all are gathering outside the walls of the city, at the Hreiffen encampment?
<May> (yup)
* May is bleary eyed from staying up late researching
* Mygal will be waiting with the free-ish Ankai.
* Korivan will have gotten Halgalaz to help him pack any specific Stuff he might need
* Korivan def has the skull staff with him though
* Induriel has reluctantly gone along with Malliel's packing recommendations
<Kraaz> (to Korivan, as folks are riding up) She's bringing the elf?
* Korivan looks over and frowns
<Korivan> hmm.
* May will smile at Korivan when she sees him.
* Kraaz will look between Korivan and May and smile when he sees that.
<Kraaz> Good morning, Siru May.
<May> Good Morning Hraal Kraaz.
<Kraaz> Ambassador Antalanon.
* Kraaz nods acknowledgement of the eladrin.
<Induriel> Hraal Kraaz. Good morning.
* Induriel returns his nod
<Kraaz> I believe we are ready if you are.
* Korivan nods to them, looking vageuly distracted and scowly
<May> I think so. Let me count heads and we'll be ready.
<YOAW_Narrator> (The ancestors are probably a little grumbly about Induriel)
* May will make sure everyone is here and ready.
<Korivan> (*I*'m a little grumbly about Induriel, so yes.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Your entourage is prepared and present.
<May> My party is ready, Hraal.
<Mygal> Hraal Mygal?
<Mygal> (ww)
<Kraaz> Hraal Mygal?
* Mygal nods.
<Kraaz> Then lets not waste any more daylight.
<YOAW_Narrator> You set out, Kraaz maintaining a relatively leisurely pace for the sake of the Ankai's still wounded folks.
* Korivan is probably wearing pants since we're gogn to be riding for days :V
<YOAW_Narrator> The land immediately south of the city, across the river, is largely rolling hills and plains, broad swaths of grassland that makeup the Hrieffen holdings.
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll end up making camp for the first night in the hills of the Hrieffen's new lands, the coastal edge of what used to be the Maazikai territory.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Largely, I'm just establish timing and places if folks want to do interim scenes later :))
* Korivan will see if he can fall back to ride with May for a bit at some point
<Korivan> (but yeah we can stick that in later)
* May will spend about two hours trying to get her tent set up and probably have to ask one of the Hrieffen to do it for her.
<YOAW_Narrator> Well, your own soldiers can probably do it for you.
<YOAW_Narrator> I imagine it's pretty involved.
<May> (heh, true)
* Korivan definitely has people to do that for him, though I suspect he at least knows *how* form having it done it for the old gatth ;p

Korivan negotiates with Gaath Malaga


<YOAW_Narrator> The next day will see you into the Ankai lands, with Mygal taking the lead towards where her people should be camped just now.
<YOAW_Narrator> Yeah, likewise with Kraaz. He *can
* set up, but he doesn't really have to.
* Mygal will lead you over a rise, where you spot the Ankai camp in a secluded spot below.
<Kraaz> Korivan, we should be at the head of things, with Hraal Mygal.
* Korivan has been paying attention to the lay of the land and its spirits and mostly letting his horse pay attention to where he is going
<Korivan> Hm?
* Kraaz nods towards the camp.
<Kraaz> We're here.
* Korivan lloks over when he realizes Kraaz is talking to him
<Korivan> Ah.
<YOAW_Narrator> The ancestors seem wary. They do not like this land.
<Korivan> (any specific reasons?)
* Korivan tries to reassure than that it is ours and we will make it ours, but can't help but feel infected by their waryness
<YOAW_Narrator> (You get snippets, like always. "enemy*demon*rot")
<Kraaz> Siru May, with respect, this is goblin matter.
<Korivan> (is there a sense beyond their mutterings that there is somethign wrong with the land itself? Are the spirits disturbed?)
<Kraaz> (A
* goblin matter, rather)
* May looks up from her book.
<May> Hmm? What?
* Kraaz sighs and smiles.
<Korivan> Have your people...wait.
<May> Oh. Sure.
* May will wave her people to a halt
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> We will send for you.
<May> Good luck.
<YOAW_Narrator> (They're not being super clear, Heather, at least not without further questioning)
<Korivan> (okay. I am looking more for external clue, but I can also check things more actively later)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Ah, okay. Nothing leaps out at you, though your spiritual sense of the place is that it is...ill.)
<Korivan> (yeah)
* Korivan wll go up with Mygal and Kraaz then, to meet their Gaath and see what he has to say for himself ;p
<Korivan> (I think himself, anyway)
* NPC3 is now known as Gaath
<YOAW_Narrator> A group of armed Ankai come out to greet you, though they seem to relax when they see Mygal. They are led by an older male bugbear, obviously their Gaath from the tattoos and many bones and other decorations adorning his clothing.
* Gaath stands in front of his people, watching you impassively.
<Gaath> I'm glad to see you are alive, Hraal.
* Vess (vess@cpebc4dfb296af3-cmbc4dfb296af0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit
<Mygal> Through the good graces of my companions, Gaath Malaga.
* Gaath is now known as Malaga
* Korivan nods, trying to get a sense of this guy
<YOAW_Narrator> (You can roll Awareness :))
<Korivan> (What kind of awareness >.>)
<Korivan> (notice or magic?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (How are you trying to read him? Socially, magically?)
<Korivan> (Magically, let's be honest, I know my strengths ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Heh, all right)
<Korivan> (I mean I can roll for social too... :V)
* Lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.tooting.irccloud.com) has joined #gnomeland
<Korivan> (15 magic)
<Korivan> (5 social :V)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You sense a deep connection between him and the Ankai around him. It has a familiar feel to it; you're fairly certain he's dragonmarked. His magic feels...competent. Steady, but perhaps not offensively powerful, with no hint of the demonic 'stench' you get from the land in some places around here.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Socially, mostly you get that he's wary.)
<Korivan> (I forget what the bigbear mark is)
<Korivan> (bugbear)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I need a better name for it, but essentially the Mark of Emotion. They can inspire courage, spread fear, etc)
<YOAW_Narrator> (They can be Carebugbears)
<Korivan> ( :3 )
<Korivan> Gaath Malaga... We shoudl speak.
<Malaga> Gaath Korivan, yes?
* Korivan nods
<Malaga> I was sorry to hear of Gaath Harizet's death. We were not allies, but there was respect between us.
<Malaga> Are my people free?
<Korivan> That....rests yet with you.
* Malaga nods.
<Malaga> Then your are welcome to share our fire.
* Malaga will gesture for you to follow him into the camp.
* Korivan nods and will follow
<Korivan> We accept your hospitality
* Malaga will lead you into the camp, to what is obviously his tent.
<YOAW_Narrator> The Ankai camp seems well-kept, with posted sentries and various non-combatant folks going about their business.
* Korivan doesn't really catch the details, just that nothing seems weirdly out of place
* Malaga will lead you into his tent.
* Korivan will follow
<YOAW_Narrator> He specifically does not ask you to surrender your weapons, as would be traditional.
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz and Mygal step in behind you.
<Malaga> Please, sit.
<YOAW_Narrator> Someone brings water, bread, and salt, handing it to the Gaath, who then offers it to you.
<Korivan> (This is all pretty taditional Hospotality stuff, yes?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (yeah)
* Korivan accepts these
* Mygal takes a seat next to the Gaath.
* Malaga seems to be sizing you up, waiting.
<Korivan> Gaath Ankai... YOur people have fught well under the Maazikai. BUt I sense the sickness they brought to your lands.
* Malaga nods.
<Korivan> There is a stronger path for you
<Malaga> What path is this, Gaath Hrieffen?
<Korivan> The path... of the conqueror. Bane.
* Malaga scowls.
<Malaga> I have heard of him.
<Malaga> And what of Hruggek? Maglubiyet? Are we to abandon the gods of our ancestors?
<Korivan> Bane will grant glorious purpose to all our ancestors, when they bow to serve him.
<Korivan> To fight the dmone hoars on the planes of Avalas...
<Korivan> I have seen it
<Malaga> You have seen it?
<Korivan> (hoards. lol)
<Korivan> Yes...
<Korivan> I sat in the war tent of Orak while the drums and horns of war sounded, and he gave me strength to defeat those who would divide our people.
<Mygal> It is true, Malaga, at least so much as I have seen. He fought with his ancestors against Valax...abar and the Maazikai.
* Mygal frowns, considering.
<Mygal> To fight the demons, that is a noble thing.
<Mygal> The ancestors...they were overcome.
* Korivan nods
<Mygal> I fear we would have no soldiers to offer your god, Gaath Hrieffen.
<Korivan> Hmmm...
<Korivan> The strength of your ancestors rests still in you, Gaath Ankai
<Korivan> And those who fight now...deserve a better fate
<Korivan> Than those lost
<Malaga> And if we didn't want to serve Bane?
* Mygal tenses at that.
* Korivan pauses, as if listening, before answering after a few moment
* Korivan glances at Kraaz then back at Malaga
<Korivan> The Hrieffen have need of Strong allies.
<Korivan> We will clear this land of the tain the Maazikai have left.
<Korivan> What place would you have at Lake Ankai?
<Malaga> You believe you can cleanse the Maazikai demons from the lake?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Malaga> We were not strong enough. If you can do as you say, I will acknowledge Bane's power.
* Korivan nods slowly
<Korivan> YOu should... experience it for yourself.
<Malaga> I will guide you, Gaath Hrieffen.
* Korivan tries not to seem too relieved at that :p
<Malaga> For now, be welcome to our fire, and let us share our bounty with you.
<Malaga> We will begin the preparations tomorrow night, and face the demons the following dawn.
<Korivan> Very good...
<Korivan> We have brought ...other allies
<Korivan> Who know better the ways of such magics
* Malaga looks a little confused and concerned at that.
<Malaga> Your imperials?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Malaga> Hmm.
<Malaga> Very well.
<Malaga> If they can remain respectful, they may accompany us.
* Korivan nods in agreement
<Korivan> They will defer.

Induriel's prior meeting with Minyë


<Induriel> Sure. Over breakfast? (Or just after)
<Kraaz> Breakfast works, if you want. We'll say you got a breakfast invitation from the most prominent eladrin in Nesu Abamatu.
<Kraaz> Her name is Minyë Tulca, the head of the weaver's guild here.
<Induriel> I accept graciously.
<Kraaz> (oh, ww, but it shouldn't matter)
* Kraaz is now known as Minye
<Induriel> Beforehand I'll ask Valtheriel for a rundown of who she is, and what she might want...
* Minye is now known as Valtheriel
* Induriel waves the invitation before his secretary
<Valtheriel> What have we there, sir?
<Induriel> I have been invited to breakfast with Minyë Tulca.
<Induriel> I understand she heads the weaver's guild?
<Valtheriel> Ah, that makes sense.
<Induriel> Is this a simple courtesy, or should I expect her to have requests?
<Valtheriel> Yes, sir, and one of the richer citizens. She's the reason they *have* weavers here.
<Valtheriel> I'm not sure. Her family are clients of House Roanne, so it's possible she's looking for something, but I can't think of what she would have in mind.
<Induriel> All has been going well with the weaving trade? She hasn't been harassed by locals or anything?
<Valtheriel> Ah, that might be it. I believe raids on local flocks are an ongoing concern. Perhaps she's looking for some official protection.
<Valtheriel> Local notions of ownership are...fluid.
<Valtheriel> At least outside of the city.
<Induriel> Raids by whom?
<Induriel> Not the Hrieffen, by any chance?
<Valtheriel> Among others.
<Induriel> Well, if this is indeed what she wants, I shall have to see what we can do for her.
<Induriel> Thank you for the heads-up!
<Valtheriel> It *is* my job.
<Valtheriel> I'll see what else I can find, just as a followup.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can arrive at the Tulca residence (a Turathi-style villa quite fancy by local standards/quaint by Aethrennari standards) at the appointed time.
* Induriel makes his presence known, and waits to be announced
<YOAW_Narrator> A servant will greet you at the door and show you inside.
<YOAW_Narrator> They will lead you into the central garden, in which a matronly (for an eladrin) woman is reclining on a Turathi-style couch.
<YOAW_Narrator> The servant will announce you, though the woman rises before the servant finishes.
* Valtheriel is now known as Minye
* Minye rises and curtsies.
* Induriel nods in acknowledgement
<Minye> Ambassador Antalanon, it's an honor to receive you.
<Induriel> Guildmistress Minyë, I thank you for your kind invitation. It is a pleasure to be here.
<Induriel> Your villa is a welcome reminder of home.
<Minye> Thank you. I know the High Queen is fond of the Turathi style.
<Minye> Please, join me, and be welcome.
<Induriel> Thank you.
* Minye gestures for a servant to bring you both refreshments.
* Induriel goes and reclines on the indicated couch
<Minye> How are you finding our little city?
* Minye will retake her seat opposite you.
<Induriel> Very interesting. Nothing like the gleaming jewel that is our own Aethrennar, of course; but I find Nesu Abamatu has great potential.
<Minye> I'm so glad to hear that; I also believe that to be the case.
<Minye> And now, with the return of the Turathi heir, and royal attention, I hope that potential will be met and exceeded.
<Induriel> Yes, indeed. I understand that you are responsible for contributing to the city's prosperity.
<Minye> We do our part.
<Induriel> Without your help, there would not be a textile industry here at all, perhaps.
<Induriel> I hope business is going smoothly, now that the main threat to the city has been dispersed?
<Minye> Well, not a finished one, perhaps. Many of the locals keep flocks, but they were merely shipping out the raw material Aethrennar, Thantopolis, or the Wadjet cities to the south.
<Minye> The main, but not the only.
<Induriel> Ah. There are still obstacles, then?
<Minye> While I cannot but appreciate the Hrieffen's assistance, they are among those who have made a habit of preying upon our flocks.
<Induriel> I see. That is a situation that must be addressed, then.
<Minye> Dominus Corvis is a good man, and a good steward, but his troops were not enough to protect the city beyond it's walls.
<Minye> I understand you have a good relationship with our new lady, Heri Lalu?
<Induriel> Yes, I like to think so.
<Induriel> I would be happy to raise this issue with her and her advisers, if it will help.
<Minye> It would be greatly appreciated, Ambassador.
<Induriel> We are all grateful to the Hrieffen for their aid, but obviously these attacks on your flocks must stop.
* Minye nods enthusiastically.
<Induriel> I understand that during the peace negotiations, the Hrieffen traded some land near the city for some farther away.
<Minye> They did?
<Induriel> So it seems. Perhaps they can be used in a solution.
<Induriel> Is it only the Hrieffen who have been bothering your flocks?
<Minye> How so?
<Minye> No, the Osoro, the Haugbror...all the neighboring tribes.
<Induriel> And all ostensibly allied with Heri Mamitu. Hmmm.
<Induriel> So the problem is not as isolated as we might hope.
<Minye> Well, the ogres answer to those...elves to the northwest. The Amanya Hatal.
* Minye scowls at the mention of them.
<Minye> But, yes, I was hoping the recent cooperation might make the Osoro and Hrieffen cease their raids.
<Minye> We'd be happy to trade with them, and do, but their stealing hurts us all.
<Induriel> I am disappointed to hear of it. Perhaps with a little persuasion, they can be convinced to stop.
<Induriel> I shall indeed speak of this with Heri Mamitu. The.. .boisterous energy of the Osoro and Hrieffen can surely be directed to better ends.
<Induriel> Into fighting the minions of the Amanya Hatal, for example.
<Minye> I'm sure you and Heri Lalu will know best how to handle the situation.
<Minye> Thank you for giving it attention.
<Induriel> I am glad you brought it to my notice.
<Induriel> Do you have any specific reports that I could use as examples in my discussions with Heri Mamitu Lalu?
<Minye> I can compile such.
<Minye> I've heard a fair few complaints.
<Induriel> That would be a good way of underlining the extent of the problem, I think.
* Minye nods.
<Minye> I hope I'm not giving you a negative impression of Nesu Abamatu, Ambassador. It really is a fine town, as I said.
<Induriel> I am sure that Heri Mamitu and her advisers will be eager to set the right tone for her reign from the start.
<Minye> Splendid.
<Induriel> Yes, and once these petty raids are stopped the town will be able to grow and prosper even more, as it should.
<Induriel> Have you been here long, then?
<Minye> Not long by our standards. Fifteen years. I came just before the Fall, when there was such a surge of expansion after we conquered Arkhosia.
<Induriel> Not long, no. But over a crucial period, then.
<Minye> This was the largest outpost of civilization on the border and coast, and all new territories were ours. Nesu Abamatu was poised to become quite the hub.
<Minye> Just so.
<Minye> It still is, but there's not denying the Fall was a...setback.
<Induriel> No doubt. But a setback can also offer new opportunity...
<Induriel> In any case, it shall be my pleasure to bring this to the attention of our ruler as soon as I can.
<Minye> I am in your debt, Ambassador.

Solos

Korivan talks to May about Induriel, and rulership, during the first day's ride


* Korivan will move to ride beside you
* May glances over and sees him, pulling up alongside him as well.
<Korivan> May...
* Korivan nods in greeting, probably
<May> Gaath Korivan.
* May says with a grin
<May> What's on your mind?
<Korivan> Mmmm, yes.
<Korivan> I don't want to fight with you...
* Korivan frowns though
* May sighs.
<May> What is it?
* Korivan looks over at the back of Induriel's head
<May> Induriel?
* May raises an eyebrow.
<Korivan> He's not ...yours.
<May> ...how do you mean?
<Korivan> He's Aethrennar's. An ambasssador.
<May> Ok...
<May> So what?
<Korivan> It's more...outsiders
<Korivan> YOu said.. your soldiers... your mages
<May> You never specified who I could bring. Besides, he's probably the best summoner this side of Aethrennar and a friend.
<May> If you want someone who can tell you what's in your lake, he's your elf.
* Korivan frowns a bit and shakes his head, then looks back at you.
<Korivan> Not you?
<May> (Eladrin, my bad)
<May> I mean, yeah, of course I can. But just in case, you know?
* May looks a bit annoyed at that.
<Korivan> I asked *you*
<Korivan> YOu are an ally...
<May> And he's my ally.
<Korivan> Is he?
<May> What are you implying?
<Korivan> If you have agreements with Aethrennar, you have not made that clear
<May> He's my *friend* then.
<May> You *do* know what a friend is, right?
* Korivan huffs, or sighs
<Korivan> I said... I don't want to fight with you
<Korivan> If he is here....as your friend
<Korivan> Then ... be sure he knowa that is all
<May> Sorry
* May seems to calm and look abit contrite.
<May> I'll talk to him.
* Korivan nods and seems to relax a litte
<May> He really is the best at this stuff.
<May> He was my teacher.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> He said so....
<May> Oh, you've met him already?
<Korivan> Yes.
<Korivan> He ..presented himself
<May> Hah
<Korivan> He speaks for his queen
<May> I suppose he does. I didn't think it would be an issue.
<Korivan> This is about more than the Lake for us
<May> How so?
<Korivan> The Ankai... the future. Bane.
<May> I'm not sure I follow you.
<Korivan> What you need to understand... is strength. For your city....that should be enough
<Korivan> We make you strong. With the Ankai... we will make you stronger.
* May considers that.
<May> And what happens if, with all this newfound strength, your people decide that our alliance isn't worthwhile anymore?
* Korivan shakes his head
<Korivan> It is better this way
<Korivan> We could only take what you have, not all you will bring...
* Korivan smiles
<Korivan> You forget - I can see the future
<May> Look...
<May> Korivan...
<May> I'm new at this.... whole ruling thing. But I'm not an idiot. I just don't want my people to get screwed over because of me.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> I understand
* Korivan says, his tone serious
<May> Yeah... I guess better than most, huh?
<Korivan> Maybe.
<May> It's not the easiest job.
<Korivan> Job?
* Korivan frowns, considering the word
<Korivan> It is more than....what we do.
<May> What do you mean?
<Korivan> It's who we are.
<May> Maybe for you. You were called to your role by your ancestors.
<Korivan> No...
<Korivan> I was still chosen
<Korivan> Others could have been Gaath.
<May> I wasn't. I was just born to someone important.
<May> It's not something I ever wanted or deserved.
* Korivan shakes his head because that's kinda dumb
<Korivan> YOu will find your strenght, I think.
* May gives you a half-grin.
<May> Maybe.
* Korivan smiles back
<Korivan> ...You could join me, later, if you like.
* May blushes slightly.
<May> Yes... I think I'd like that.
<May> Maybe we won't be so rushed this time.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> YOu are welcome in my tent
* May smiles.
<May> And you in mine.
<May> Once I figure out how to put it up...
<Korivan> YOur soldiers shoudl do that for you...
<Korivan> shouldn't they?
<May> I uhhh... I have no idea.