- Rachel_ was supposed to be doing the sleeping thing, right? ^-^
<Rachel_> (Alone? No Nik? ;^D) <Paska> (OK, as I was saying... it is quite early, and rachel will be woken up by me, a boggan, running down the hall, screaming the following...) <Paska> (He can be there, just let me get this boggan thing done) <Rachel_> (ok) <Paska> THE SEER IS SLAIN! THE SEER IS SLAIN!!!!! <Paska> COUNTESS DIAMOND'S SEER IS DEAAAAAADDD!!
- Paska shrieks in terror!!
- Rachel_ bolts awake.
<Paska> Someone, send for physics!!
- Kolya lies innert
<Rachel_> . o O (OH, SHIT.) <Rachel_> . o O (She'll blame *me*.)
- Rachel_ gets out of the bed in a rush, trying not to steal all the covers.
- Paska is now known as Nikolai
<Nikolai> ...Eh? <Nikolai> what's going on...? <Rachel_> Nik! <Nikolai> (lovely thoughts there< rachel...) <Rachel_> Kolya- something's wrong with Kolya. <Nikolai> The soothsayer? <Nikolai> The Kinain?
- Rachel_ is dressing in a hurry.
- Nikolai is pretty groggy.
<Rachel_> Hopefully he's just in a trance. <Rachel_> A boggan just ran by, screaming that he is slain. <Nikolai> (From down the hallway you hear the boggan screaming "... blood everywhere, oh my stars!" <Rachel_> ...
- Nikolai sits up straight.
<Rachel_> Guess it's not just a trance...
- Rachel_ looks pale and shaky.
- Nikolai pales as well
<Nikolai> We'd better get down there... <Nikolai> You go on ahead <Nikolai> I'll be right behind you.
- Nikolai starts getting his clothes on.
- Rachel_ nods, pulling her hair back into a ponytail hurriedly.
- Rachel_ exits the room.
<Rachel_> (Do I know where his room was?)
- Nikolai is now known as Physic
<Physic> (yes, it's the one with the rapidly gathering crowd of people outside, and with the guards trying to keep people out) <Physic> (well, guard)
- Rachel_ heads down that way.
<Physic> (if you play the 'Diamond's granddaughter' card, you can probably get in past the guard)
- Rachel_ looks imperious for once, driven by fear of Diamond. ;^D
<Rachel_> I am the Countess' grandaughter. The seer Kolya was with me. I will enter.
- Physic is admitted into the room just as Rachel approaches the guard.
- Rachel_ stares down a guard.
- Physic is a grump eshu, wearing a simple linen dressing gown over pajamas, and slippers on his feet.
<Rachel_> (The guard moves aside, I hope?) <Physic> (he does)
- Rachel_ follows the physic in.
- Physic looks over his shoulder at you, but assumes you're alright since the guard let you in.
- Rachel_ surveys the scene.
- Physic is carrying a well-worn leather bag with him.
- Physic is now known as Abbalon
- Kolya is lying supine on the bed, as if her were asleep, except that there is a large pool of blood that has covered his faces and coated the sheets and pillow..
- Rachel_ looks at the Physic.
- Kolya 's hair is matted with it and he seems very white
<Abbalon> Stars and mothers...
- Abbalon rushes to the kinain's side.
- Rachel_ moves to his side as well.
<Kolya> (The blood seems very thick) <Rachel_> I have Primal, if that is of any use.
- Abbalon examines the wound.
- Abbalon looks perplexed.
- Abbalon touches the blood on Kolya's forehead.
<Abbalon> <m>It's cold...
- Rachel_ closes her eyes.
<Abbalon> ... The wound appears to be chimerical... <Abbalon> He should... This is very strange... <Rachel_> Does he have a pulse?
- Abbalon is talking more to himself than to Rachel.
- Rachel_ would take it herself but the physic is probably much more highly trained than she is.
<Kolya> (~I'm just a prop, lucky me...~)
- Abbalon takes a clean linen cloth from his bag and wipes the blood from his forehead.
- Rachel_ feels sick to her stomach but looks calm and composed outwardly.
<Abbalon> (There is no visible wound.)
- Kolya loos very pale, though, and is cold to the touch
- Abbalon frowns.
- Rachel_ watches Kolya closely - is there any movement? Is he breathing?
<Rachel_> What is it?
- Abbalon feels Kolya's forehead.
<Abbalon> He's so cold... <Abbalon> And yet...
- Abbalon reaches into the bag again, pulling out a small glass capsule.
<Rachel_> Is he *alive* still.
- Abbalon will break it under Kolya's nose, to try and revive him.
<Rachel_> . o O (I would assume so, then.) <Rachel_> What is your name, please, sir?
- Kolya gaps quietly
- Abbalon looks up to answer but then is distracted by Kolya's wakingupness.
- Rachel_ feels somewhat relieved.
- Rachel_ leans in over Kolya as well.
<Abbalon> Can you hear me, boy? <Rachel_> Kolya?
- Kolya coughs and his eyes
- Abbalon says in a kindly voice.
- Rachel_ nods.
<Abbalon> Can you remember what happened?
- Kolya open's his eyes briefly and closes them right away
<Kolya> ... <Rachel_> Kolya, it's Rachel. I'm here, with a physic. Please tell us what you can.
- Rachel_ says gently.
- Kolya opens them again
everthing's so... dull...
- Rachel_ pulls clean dry blankets up to try to warm Kolya up a bit.
<Kolya> ngh <Abbalon> Dull? <Kolya> <m> tries to sit up and grimaces horribly
- Kolya does that, not says it ;)
<Abbalon> No, no. Don't get up.
- Rachel_ lays her hands on Kolya's shoulders and presses him gently but firmly down.
<Rachel_> Conserve your energy. <Abbalon> You've suffered a very serious and... unusual attack.
- Rachel_ glances towards the door. Is a guard looking in?
<Abbalon> (yes) <Kolya> Rachel?
- Kolya seems confused
<Rachel_> What do you mean?
- Rachel_ asks softly.
<Rachel_> . o O (Has he had his gift stolen? Is that possible?)
- Rachel_ focuses her concentration on Kolya.
- Kolya shivers
<Rachel_> Kolya...? <Abbalon> My lords and ladies will want to know of this...
- Kolya holds his head in his hands and turns over
<Abbalon> Please, good lady, do not upset him.
<Rachel_> I don't intend to.
<Abbalon> Then perhaps we should leave him to rest.
<Abbalon> (You people can hear Isabel's loud voice outside)
<Rachel_> I do not wish to leave him unguarded.
<Abbalon> I don't think that will be a problem
<Rachel_> I also expect a full report from you on what you surmise has occurred.
<Rachel_> What is your name?
<Abbalon> I will report to my lords and ladies.
- Abbalon says, with a slight tinge of 'you're not the boss of me' in his voice ;D
<Abbalon> I am called Abbalon. <Rachel_> Abbalon. Thank you. <Abbalon> . o O (me-ow) <Rachel_> I am Rachel Gwydaine.
- Abbalon will busy himself trying to make Kolya as comfortable as possible.
- Rachel_ also tries.
<Abbalon> I will keep that in mind. <Abbalon> If you would please let me do my job...
- Rachel_ isn't being snippy; she's just kind of wound up.
<Rachel_> Of course... <Rachel_> I am sorry.
- Isabel is outside, in tears.
<Isabel> Kolya, Kolya! <Rachel_> The lady outside is his best friend... <Isabel> What's happened to him! <Rachel_> Could she be permitted to enter?
- Rachel_ asks Abbalon.
<Abbalon> It isn't up to me, your ladyship.
- Rachel_ frowns slightly.
<Rachel_> Except that you are his physic, and have already asked me to leave him to rest. <Isabel> *sniff* *wail* <Rachel_> Would it be better for him to not have guests until he is a bit stronger?
- Kolya looks as if he could really use a pain killer
<Abbalon> I have the authority to tell people to leave, but not to tell them they can enter.
- Abbalon will pull something out of the bag.
<Abbalon> HEre, my boy, chew on this... It will help until I can brew something fresh. <Rachel_> Very well. <Rachel_> Thank you for your help, Abbalon.
- Kolya will chewn what he is given
- Rachel_ turns towards Kolya.
Be strong, Kolya...
- Rachel_ heads towards the door.
- Rachel_ asks a knight to let her pass back out into the hall.
- Rachel_ goes to Isabel.
- Isabel is extremely upset, obviously. Nikolai is there as well, standing around helplessly.
<Rachel_> Isabel... Isabel, he's all right.
- Rachel_ tries to lead Isabel away from the crowd.
<Rachel_> (I hope the guards are dispersing people by now.) <Isabel> (they are) <Isabel> Kolyaaa...
- Isabel whimpers
- Rachel takes her cousin by the shoulders and steers her back towards a bench or her room, even.
<Rachel_> Something strange has happened but he is alive still. The healer says he must rest and so I had to leave. <Isabel> Who would want to hurt.. *sniff* Kolya...? <Rachel_> I am not sure, but we will find out.
- Rachel_ says with resolve.
- Rachel_ embraces Isabel comfortingly.
- Rachel_ glances up at Nikolai; she looks troubled.
- Rachel_ turns back to Isabel.
<Rachel_> We should be able to visit him later, when he has rested a little. <Isabel> *sniff* <Rachel_> Right now the best thing we can do for him is allow him to rest. All right? <Isabel> (This ought to piss Rachel off... who will rush to Tara Nar when she hears the news of the attack on Kolya but the Countess herself...) <Isabel> I... I guess...
- Isabel rubs her eyes.
- Rachel_ repeats.
<Nikolai> He'll be alright.
- Rachel_ strokes her cousin's shoulder.
- Rachel_ nods.
<Rachel_> He will. <Rachel_> . o O (I hope.) <Nikolai> And between all the wizards they have here, whoever did this won't go unpunished. <Rachel_> Quite. <Isabel> ... <Rachel_> We ought to go get some breakfast. It will help pass the time until we can see Kolya.
- Rachel_ suggests.
<Isabel> I'm... I'm supposed to meet my dad... <Rachel_> Oh, right!
- Rachel_ smiles warmly at her cousin.
<Rachel_> Would you like some company down to his quarters? <Isabel> He's sposed to come get me... I'm not even dressed... <Rachel_> Okay. <Rachel_> Go get dressed and enjoy the meal with His Excellency. <Isabel> Okay. <Rachel_> If I hear *anything* about Kolya, you'll be the first to know, all right?
- Isabel says miserably. She doesn't look like she will be enjoying much of anything.
- Isabel repeats.
<Rachel_> Be strong, Is. <Isabel> ... Okay. <Isabel> :( <Rachel_> :^/ <Rachel_> I'm sorry... <Rachel_> I wish I could have known, somehow...
- Rachel_ says sadly.
<Rachel_> (If Soleil stole his seeing gift for Rachel, I am going to be very angry.)
<Nikolai> (I didn't steal nothin' lil miss accusations)
<Rachel_> (Okay... I'm just not sure about that guy...)
<Rachel_> (Accusing my grandmother of treating me like a misbehaving child, and stuff...)
<Rachel_> (Then Kolya's vision about an evil power trying to twist my heart into hatred...)
<Nikolai> (but I'm not evil :D)
<Rachel_> (I'm not so sure... ^-^)
<Nikolai> (no more than, say, Rook or Dovev...)
<Rachel_> I'll see you later, okay, Is?
- Isabel nods numbly.
- Rachel_ waits for her to go, then.
- Isabel gets up slowly and kind of shuffles off.
- Rachel_ stands up slowly and heads to her room.
<Nikolai> Hell of a day, already... <Nikolai> <m> Hell of a day.
- Rachel_ nods numbly.
<Nikolai> I spoke to Father, in the hall. <Rachel_> Oh yes? <Rachel_> What did he say? <Nikolai> I think there's going to be some kind of meeting, maybe with her High Majesty, evening... this is a pretty serious security breach, even if she's not personally atatched to Kolya...
- Rachel_ settles down and mechanically begins brushing her hair.
- Rachel_ nods.
<Nikolai> There's probably going to be a full investigation. <Rachel_> I should hope so.
- Nikolai nods.
<Rachel_> He said... "Everything's gone..."
- Nikolai walks up behind her.
<Nikolai> He said he would tell your grandmother. <Rachel_> And he was cold. <Rachel_> Of course, she needs to know. <Rachel_> I am very afraid for him, Nik...
- Rachel_ replaces her brush on the bureau and lays her hands in her lap.
<Nikolai> Well... I hope he'll be alright.
- Nikolai puts his hands on her shoulders.
<Rachel_> I hope so too.
- Rachel_ lifts one of her hands across her chest to rest on one of his.
- Rachel_ bows her head for a moment.
<Nikolai> I hope you're not thinking this was your fault. <Rachel_> No... how could I have known? <Nikolai> Yeah...
- Nikolai was just worried about her overdeveloped sense of culpability
<Rachel_> (hee) <Rachel_> (Do I have one of those?)
- Rachel_ turns and smiles wanly at Nik.
<Rachel_> I should take my own advice and go get something to eat. <Rachel_> Then... I believe I have a meeting with your father, if he remembers it in light of this morning's events. <Rachel_> It seems suddenly even more urgent...
- Rachel_ stands up.
<Nikolai> I don't think he'll forget.
- Rachel_ nods and smiles.
<Rachel_> Probably not. <Rachel_> Are you ready to face the world this morning or do you need a few more minutes? <Nikolai> I'll be alright.
- Nikolai smiles encouragingly.
- Rachel_ straightens her clothes out a bit.
- Rachel_ eyes Nikolai and a smile plays about her lips.
<Rachel_> <w> Your shirt tail's sticking out. <Nikolai> You're always looking out for me.
- Nikolai says with a wry grin as he fixes it.
<Rachel_> Someone must! <Nikolai> Are you quite certain you're not part boggan? <Rachel_> I never said that. <Rachel_> You haven't met Tara yet, have you... <Rachel_> We shall have to remedy that. <Elanya> (Nurture over nature! ;)
- Nikolai smiles.
- Rachel_ smiles and moves in to hug and kiss her boy.
<Rachel_> Good morning, by the way. <Rachel_> Shall we go?
- Rachel_ heads out and they go have breakfast, whee!
- Nikolai nods and holds out his arm
- Rachel_ takes it, of course.
<Rachel_> (I think that's all we can do there...) <Rachel_> (and it's midnigt! sleepy time...) <Elanya> (Hee! I hope you had fun :) <Rachel_> (Baptism by fire...) <Rachel_> (I hope Rachel passes...)