Rachel condemns Sleet, 6/17/2005
<Sleet> can't you talk to me without him before you have him mess me over
- Rachel_ calls for Sleet a short time after the requisite 72 hours of hospitality are up.
<Rachel_> (I can, I guess.) <Rachel_> (Poor Sleet) <Sleet> (calls for me how?)
- Rachel_ sends a message that she would like to see you.
<Sleet> (sends it via what/whom?) <Sleet> (these details are important, because I am insolent) <Rachel_> (via Trolius, I guess. You like him kind of in your own perverse Sluagh way) <Sleet> (damn it) <Rachel_> (Hmm?)
- Trolius is kind of pissy... not mad pissy, more like 'goddamnitall" pissy
<Sleet> (if it was anyone else I would have been able to just ignore it, and then lie an say they never came :D)
- Rachel_ is clever.
<Sleet> (or mean, whichever) <Sleet> (we choose mean)
- Sleet slinks into the hall, appearing unruffled.
- Rachel_ smiles but it doesn't quite reach her eyes.
- Sleet is wearing a long white shawl that trails along the ground behind her, filthy at the bottom, and a shapeless grey dress.
- Sleet has no shoes on.
<Rachel_> Hello Sleet. I'm glad to see you so well. <Sleet> Hello poppet...
- Sleet smiles without opening her mouth.
Yes, I am feeling quite fine.
- Rachel_ has a high degree of performance which came into play while having dinner with Hayley and Janus, and she uses it now not to show any sign of being disturbed by Anathene's disgusting nickname for her.)
<Rachel_> I hope things weren't too intolerable in my basement... I suspect they have changed rather a lot since last year.
Change is inevitable, if not always to the good...
- Sleet looks around the room, appearing bored.
<Rachel_> What one person finds good another may not.
- Sleet brushes away some of her wispy hair with an elegant, long-fingered hand.
<Rachel_> You're probably wondering why I asked to see you.
I hadn't given it much thought
It must be unpleasant though, I think.
Else you'd not have sent Trolius.
Poor dear man.
- Rachel_ shrugs.
- Sleet Hmms to herself.
- Sleet looks out the window.
Your father is here...
<Rachel_> Yes, he is.
- Sleet sits down on the floor, cross-legged.
<Rachel_> It has to do with last year, as you can imagine. I have difficulty trusting you.
<Rachel_> Therefore, I propose this solution:
One cannot imagine why.
- Sleet says, unsarcastically
<Rachel_> A geas will be laid on you so that you may not enter my buildings, including the Great House and all my outbuildings, their attics, cellars and all their appurtenances if you mean any harm to myself, my family, my loyal retainers and household staff, my property, interests, chattel and livestock.
<Rachel_> Of course, if you mena no harm, you are free to come and go as you please.
That seems a bit discriminatory...
You presume my guilt... when in fact I have done nothing wrong...
I have done nothing wrong... Why should I have to submit to this persecution and not... all those who remain here, and who served the lord preceeding?
- Sleet sniffs disdainfully.
<Rachel_> Yes, well. It's as nice as I can be, given the situation.
<Sleet> <q. I suppose that's why you like the idea so.
- Rachel_ shrugs.
- Sleet unfolds herself gracefully
<Rachel_> Take it or leave it. If you don't take it, you are no longer welcome here. My guards will be instructed to escort you away from the area and to keep you away.
This is my home. I was here first.
- Sleet says, but her tone of voice suggests she doesn't care that much.
<Rachel_> It is my home now, given me by the rightful Queen of this land.
<Rachel_> I can't afford to be indiscriminately nice anymore. You and Anathene taught me that.
Tell me, which special agents will you assign to the high priority duty of making sure I do not step on your flowers, princess?
<Rachel_> That has no bearing on this conversation. You have been presented with an ultimatum, Sleet, and you don't have time to deliberate your decision. I am getting impatient.
- Sleet sighs.
I am not even permitted to plead my case...
At least tell me my crime.
Tell me what I have done but protect you.
<Rachel_> You harboured Anathene.
I kept him, that I did...
I tempered him. I always do.
- Sleet rocks back and forth on her heels.
You ought to thank me...
<Rachel_> You ought to thank me for being so lenient. You have two minutes to decide, Sleet.
You are cold, so cold...
- Rachel_ starts timing.
- Sleet says into her chest.
You wound me, child...
- Sleet says, suddenly sad.
But we are prideful creatures... I'll not stay here to be treated like a criminal.
One day you may regret you treated your kin so ill.
Fetch my guards.
<Rachel_> You really want to make it that uncomfortable for yourself?
<Rachel_> The geas is the easier way out. Trust me.
I am to be escorted away... That will be as uncomfortable as the guards make it, I suppose...
Would you stay, in such a shameful state?
No princess, I think not.
<Rachel_> With the geas, you would not be, and no one need know save, you, my father, and myself. Trolius knows too because I only felt it fair to inform him, since he is fond of you.
I would know, and so, others would guess.
I prefer to take my chances with the wild.
Bring your creatures, now it is I who grow impatient.
- Sleet stretches slowly, reaching her hands heavenward.
<Rachel_> Very well. I am sorry that it had to end this way. Next time you show yourself, you will be an outlaw in my barony, and Dana keep you. I would have preferred to be able to trust you.
- Sleet sighs deeply.
- Rachel_ summons her guards.
- Trolius is summoned, unless you're looking for someone else\
- Rachel_ calls for Janus too, to cast geas anyway. This one is not to harm Rachel, her family, loyal retainers and household staff, guests, property, interests, chattel and livestock.
<Sleet> (you lied! >:() <Rachel_> (Forget about the not entering clause) <Sleet> (you said geas *or* leave! cunt!!* <Rachel_> (Ah, I'm taking after my family. Don't want to have wasted Janus' time, either. You gave me no reason to trust you. I'm not naive anymore)
- Sleet stares intently at Janus while he casts the Geas upon her, as though studying his every feature.
<Sleet> (and what's the curse if I break my geas?) <Rachel_> (I never said I *wouldn't* cast a geas of any sort on you if you left, too.)
- Sleet holds onto Trolius' hand.
- Trolius will be (relatively) stoic throughout the process....
- Trolius is mad at the situation
<Rachel_> (Hmm... )
- Trolius squeezes Sleet's hand though
<Rachel_> (I'm thinking... ) <Rachel_> (I guess it could be to go straight into an oubliette in Aber. *snick*) <Rachel_> (But people get freed from those) <Sleet> (once :) <Trolius> 9I don't think Sleet has the connections ;) <Rachel_> (I guess I could make her dragon food. I have the connections for that... ;) ) <Rachel_> (I'm so mean.) <Sleet> (just make up your mind :) <Rachel_> (I am partial to the oubliette... it wouldn't be so bad for her really. A dark, dank place much like my cellar was. She might even like it.) <Rachel_> (Rats and maggots to eat, yum!) <Rachel_> (Then I don't have her death on my conscience so much, either.) <Rachel_> (I'll go with the oubliette, and then Hazel can have fun with her escaping if she so desires - supposing the geas ever does get broken.)
- Sleet leaves hand in hand with Trolius, without saying another word.
- Rachel_ watches you go, thin-lipped. You threatened me, too, up there, so you deserve it.
- Rachel_ prolly looks more like Diamond than ever. ;_;
- Rachel_ thanks her father when Trolius and Sleet are gone.
- Trolius will escort her away, then, off the property :/
- Rachel_ feels a bit sick inside. Maybe eventually it gets easier... :(
- Sleet has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
- Sleet has joined #faeriegrrrls
<Rachel_> (Anything further to be done here?)
- Boden has joined #faeriegrrrls
<Trolius> (Who else escorts sleet off, or is it just me? ) <Rachel_> (You and Firmin) <Sleet> (coolies, then Firmin gets to hear me tell Trolius all kinds of things)
- Rachel_ is now known as Firmin
<Sleet> I will paste what I told Heather in msg <Sleet> <Sleet> I will tell you eeeeeverything <Sleet> <Sleet> while you're kicking me out :) <Sleet> <Trolius> eek! thats' *ddangerous* :o <Sleet> <Sleet> well everything that's relevant to me <Sleet> <Sleet> I won't go into how Diamond stabbed up her father and stuff <Sleet> <Sleet> or how I'm the reincarnation of whatserface <Sleet> <Sleet> because Sleet wouldn't think to tell you those things <Sleet> <Sleet> because Sleet wouldn't think to tell you those things <Sleet> <Trolius> well, you'll have to lay it out for me. or, we could play it. I could do it tomorrow <Sleet> <Sleet> well, I will tell you that Anathene was a ghost of one of Rachel's ancestors, which you know <Sleet> <Sleet> And that he was drawn to me because of my having been his sister <Sleet> <Trolius> *nod* <Sleet> <Sleet> and that he was a very very angry... whatever <Sleet> <Sleet> basically he existed for the sole purpose of vengeance <Sleet> <Sleet> but that I seemed to have a calming effect on him <Sleet> <Sleet> He was not so interested in Rachel anymore <Sleet> <Sleet> ANd mostly just slept unless something especially interesting happened <Sleet> <Sleet> but then Rachel brought the others into it <Sleet> <Sleet> and you know the rest <Sleet> <Sleet> I'll tell you all of what happened in the room as well <Sleet> <Sleet> But I won't have time for much more than that, because the freehold is not *that* big <Sleet> <Sleet> to walk me through ;) <Sleet> <Sleet> But now the other guy with us will have heard my sad sad story as well <Sleet> <Sleet> for whatever that's worht <Sleet> <Sleet> and I shall give you a kiss goodbye <Sleet> <Trolius> *smooch* :( <Firmin> okay
- Trolius will watch her go wonce she is off
<Sleet> ANd then I am gone through the hedgerow, into Baron von Evilpants' rice paddy
- Firmin regards Trolius sympathetically, and they walk home together. He is quiet, pensive the whole way back.
- Trolius is as well.
<Firmin> (But I really need food and sleep) <Trolius> (Later!)
- Trolius isn't much in a talking mood either.
- Trolius is in a stewing mood
<Sleet> when I said the room I meant with Janus and Diaond and such <Sleet> But I would have told him what Rachel did to me also <Sleet> With the not letting me even plead my case and the being mean and such
- Trolius doesn't remember -_-
<Trolius> ahh, right <Sleet> I don't even need to lie, that's the best part :) <Sleet> I just have to be sad. <Sleet> ;_; <Firmin> :) <Firmin> Rachel is prejudiced against Sleet because of her association with Soleil, it's true. <Firmin> But anyway, I have to eat and stuff. <Firmin> later!
- Trolius wasn't silly enough to ask if he would ever see you again
<Trolius> ...and I still don't remember what the exact nature of outr relationship even was! <Sleet> I think it was ambiguous <Sleet> I don't think we ever slept together. <Trolius> yeah, I don't either. everyone just assumes it <Sleet> yeah