Janus & Hayley, 11/9/2002
- Hayley was doing great all evening until the thing with Irene/Rhea, if you'll remember, after which she asked if they might go home.
- Janus would have acquiesced/
- Hayley just wants to go straight to bed, saying she is quite tired. So she says good night to him and heads off to her room. What does he do?
<Janus> As you wish.
- Janus says, sounding melancholic.
- Janus will go in and sit down in his study.
<Hayley> (poor Janus)
- Janus takes off his mask, and shrugs off the jacket, draping it over the back of the divan.
<Hayley> (Moping about Rhea or something else? ^-^)
- Janus leans forward on his knees, resting his forehead on latticed fingers.
<Hayley> (After he sits for a while, there comes a tapping at his door.) <Janus> Who's there?
- Janus asks tiredly.
- Hayley is the only one home aside from him.
<Hayley> May I come in? <Janus> (where's Tara?) <Janus> Certainly... <Hayley> (She had her own party to go to. ^-^)
- Hayley steps in, feeling a bit self-conscious because she is in her nightclothes; she took care to bundle up in a bathrobe and stuff though so that her figure is obscured.
<Janus> What is it?
- Hayley leans against the doorframe, dressed in a floor-length cotton nighty and bathrobe.
<Hayley> I just- wanted to thank you. <Hayley> It meant a lot to me... that you wanted us to be seen, together. <Janus> Thank me?
- Hayley says softly.
- Hayley nods and bites her lip.
- Janus looks up, over his shoulder, looking tired and haggard (well, as much as is possible).
- Hayley makes note of his unhappy state.
- Janus smiles wanly.
<Janus> I'm glad you enjoyed yourself some, anyway.
- Hayley takes a step towards him.
<Hayley> Not just some - <Hayley> I can't remember the last time - I felt so happy. <Janus> Well, I hope this won't be *the* last time.
- Hayley smiles shyly.
<Hayley> I hope not either. <Hayley> For a while - well, for a while... it was like we were nothing more complicated... than two people who love each other more than anything in the world.
- Hayley smiles and looks away, swallowing.
<Hayley> . o O ( I hope that didn't sound bad...) <Janus> Yes, it was, wasn't it...
- Janus smiles again, but this time it reaches his eyes.
- Hayley looks back and smiles one of her beautiful smiles, which also reaches her eyes.
<Hayley> <w> It was very special. Thank you. <Janus> You were... resplendent this evening.
- Hayley blushes and ducks her face.
<Hayley> Not half so much as you. <Janus> I hope sometime I can dream of that, if I can't remember altogether.
- Janus says wistfully.
- Hayley nods.
<Hayley> <w> Me too...
- Hayley leans back against the door frame.
<Hayley> ... <Hayley> Are you going to be all right? <Janus> Hm? How do you mean?
- Janus gazes up at her.
<Hayley> You... just looked sad, when I came in. <Janus> It matters not... by tomorrow, it will all be forgotten.
- Hayley nods.
<Hayley> (Am I right in guessing it's Rhea he's feeling sad about?) <Janus> (mostly) <Hayley> ... <Janus> (that and Rachel) <Hayley> Would you like me to stay, for a bit? Or... do you need to be alone? <Janus> No, you can stay... I would like that.
- Hayley smiles shyly and moves to sit next to him on the couch.
- Hayley embraces him, but in a comforting fashion, more than anything.
- Janus wraps his arm around her and pulls her close.
- Hayley relaxes against him.
<Hayley> Not too tight...
- Hayley slips her arms around his torso, and offers a comforting presence. She allows him to do the speaking, if he wants to. If not, she's content to just give him the warmth of her presence.
- Janus is quiet.
- Janus will stroke her hair every now and then.
- Hayley sighs happily.
<Hayley> <w> Hate you...
- Hayley says for old time's sake.
<Janus> I hate you more.
- Janus smiles, and kisses the top of her head.
- Hayley smiles and hugs him tight.
<Hayley> (That's all I wanted to do. Thank him and then give him some comfort.) <Hayley> (not too involved, I daresay... ) <Janus> (how much comfort?) <Janus> (>;D) <Hayley> (*snick*) <Hayley> (And Hayley's the one with horns...) <Hayley> (He *is* a Sidhe... so he doesn't *need* a Merit... :^P ) <Janus> (hee :D)
- Mother is now known as Elanya
<Hayley> (If he really wanted to seduce her, it would not be hard. But... they might regret it.) <Elanya> they won't *remember* it ;p <Hayley> (It would be kind of messy, with her back and all. ^-^) <Elanya> all it really means, is that when they go at it, janus will be all confused/upset because she's not a virgin ;D <Hayley> (I think she'd know.) <Hayley> (She's a lot smaller than him... :^o ) <Hayley> (Ow!) <Elanya> true ;D <Janus> (I don't think it's really on the agenda for tonight) <Hayley> (Ok, good. I don't think it would be pretty in the morning, if it was on the agenda.)