Homoventures Chapter 4, Part 12

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 4, Part 12 Next

Summary

A party is put together to venture inside the Tomb of Orelius, consisting of Justen, Xan, Sleyght, Gyrus, Anxikaril and Karala. Inside the first chamber, they fight some ghouls!

Session

Session date: August 27, 2017
Diablotin date: Spring 2275


<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you were resting until morning, then rejoining with Sleyght? or did you have any other stuff you needed to do first?
<Xandhil> I think that's right
<DiablotinNarrator> and remind me what you did with the dead body?
<DiablotinNarrator> you brought it back to the camp?
<Xandhil> yes
<Xandhil> to the medical tent
<DiablotinNarrator> okay
<DiablotinNarrator> When you get up in the morning and go to talk to Sleyght again, you find that Prof. Gyrus is already there, talking to him in a quiet but somewhat agitated fashion, as if she doesn't want to disturb the whole camp.
* NPC1 is now known as Sleyght
* NPC2 is now known as Gyrus
<Gyrus>
...I'm telling you, they moved overnight...
* Xandhil looks between the two
<Sleyght> Hopefully we can deal with this ... issue... before it spreads any further.
<Xandhil> what's going on now?
* Gyrus sort of glares at you a bit as you walk up, but doesn't answer
* Xandhil asks quietly
<Sleyght> Professor Gyrus entered the tomb again around sunrise, and found that some of the remains appear to have been .. disturbed.
<Sleyght> This corresponds with what we were discussing last night, I fear.
<Xandhil> yeah.
<Sleyght> I think it best if we prepare to go as soon as we can.
* Xandhil nods
* Justen nods
<Xandhil> have you filled professor Gyrus in on those developments?
<Sleyght> We were just getting to that, yes.
<Gyrus> If it's undead, then I accept that we need to root them out - just, preferably without destroying the tomb in the process.
<Gyrus> Its importance is unsurpassed.
<Sleyght> I agree, but surely the danger it may pose is also a concern...
<Sleyght> To that end, I was also considering - whether it might be best, once we're inside, to close the doors.
<Sleyght> in order to try and prevent anything further from escaping.
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> I don't think anyone here wants to see anyong destroyed inside
<Xandhil> (anything)
* Gyrus nods grudgingly
<Gyrus> I also found something else odd when I was looking this morning.
<Xandhil> oh?
<Gyrus> We thought there was one door out of the front room, which we hadn't opened yet. This morning, there's a second one, just barely open, in the southern wall.
<Xandhil> huh
<Gyrus> It seems as if it was concealed
<Xandhil> that makes sense, I guess, if these things were sneakignupon the workers somehow
<Gyrus> Perhaps whatever disturbed the remains also opened it.
<Gyrus> Or whoever.
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> the thing we fought last night burrowed in and out of the rock, but it was intelligent
<Xandhil> In fact I'm a little worried that whatever is in there is goign to be actively expecting us
<Justen> yeah...
<Justen> well, that thing definitely is, and apparently so is its 'general'.
<Xandhil> it mentioned 'The General ' - I just think we need to be exttra careful
* Sleyght nods
<Xandhil> if there are concealed foors, there could be traps as well
<Xandhil> (doors)
<Sleyght> I am surprised I didn't find the door - I went over that room very carefully. But we'll be looking for them now, so hopefully we won't miss others.
<Xandhil> ...
<Xandhil> there is another possibility
<Sleyght> oh?
<Xandhil> If any of these things are casters
<Xandhil> there might have actually not been a door before
<Gyrus> That's true... the entire place looks as if it was made with Stone Shape, so one more door wouldn't stick out.
* Xandhil nods
<Sleyght> We can examine it more closely once we're confident at least the open room - or rooms, if that is the case - are secure.
* Xandhil nods
<Sleyght> If we can gather our supplies, then, and proceed as soon as everyone is ready?
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> I think Justen and I are basically yready - we barely had time to unpack :p
<Justen> Yeah... we can go anytime.
<Justen> Do these things hate sunlight, or are they not that kind of undead?
<Xandhil> Not sure?
<Sleyght> I suppose we'll find out. So far it sounds like they've only been encountered at night.
<Gyrus> It will be dark in the tomb, in any case, unless we plan to drag them outside.
<Justen> Yeah, but we can bring lights.
<Xandhil> heh, I suspect we'll kind of have to...
<Sleyght> indeed
<Sleyght> Well, shall we meet back at the entrance in ... a half an hour?
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> that sounds good
* Xandhil will let him worry about what to tell the workers :V
<Sleyght> I'll have to say something to the workers...
* Sleyght will go to make his announcement to them, then
<Sleyght> (which is basically "There are more dangerous things here than we thought, if you want to go home, you can, if you want to stay and wait for us to get back, we'll still pay you for your time")
<Xandhil> (yup :)
<DiablotinNarrator> Is there anything you need to do, people to talk to, etc?
<DiablotinNarrator> ... I forget if you actually have asked Karala to go with you yet ;)
<Xandhil> (I also forget :o)
<Xandhil> (no, we did not ;)
<Xandhil> (we dumped Anixkaril on her and left ;)
<Xandhil> (but tbf I don't know if we know she has classes, so to speak ;)
<DiablotinNarrator> (heh, fair)
<DiablotinNarrator> Anxikaril knew about the plan though, right?
<DiablotinNarrator> or at least 'undead need a killing' ;)
<Xandhil> yeah
<DiablotinNarrator> 'k
<Xandhil> (we asked Sleyght about him helping and told him sleyght was down, but Karala had gone to bed)
<DiablotinNarrator> right
<DiablotinNarrator> let's have you talk to them for a minute then
<DiablotinNarrator> just for the sake of politeness ;)
* Sleyght is now known as Karala
* Gyrus is now known as Anxikaril
* Xandhil will go seek out the elf at least
* Anxikaril seems all right, despite possibly not having gotten much rest the night before
<Anxikaril> Good morning
<Xandhil> good morning
<Xandhil> I think the plan is to meet up at the entrace in about half an hour
* Anxikaril is making some adjustments/repairs to his bow
<Anxikaril> Very well.
<Anxikaril> I think the healer would also be willing to assist.
<Xandhil> oh?
<Anxikaril> Those who are ill seem likely to recover now without further aid.
<Anxikaril> And she expressed concern that no one else should suffer from these creatures.
<Xandhil> that's fair - I think we're all on the same page there
<Anxikaril> As well as a strong interest in the tomb itself, I would add.
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> Well, probably the more actual Psyrans involved, the better :p
<Xandhil> I'll go talk to her then, thank you
* Anxikaril is indifferent to the nuances of your politics, but nods his agreement that having a healer on board is good ;)
* Xandhil looks around for Karala
* Karala was just checking on the men in the medical tent, but is emerging from there when you find her
<Xandhil> hey
<Karala> Oh, good morning.
<Karala> Everyone seems to be recovering well.
<Xandhil> Anxikaril said you might be willing to join us on the expedition intside to clear out the undead
* Xandhil nods
<Xandhil> he mentioned that too - thanks
* Xandhil smiles
<Karala> I would be. and, you're welcome... I don't want anyone else to fall ill or die from these foul creatures, if I can do anything to help it.
<Xandhil> it could be pretty dangerous - I don't mean to be rude or anything, I just don't know what kind of experience you have with these sorts of things
<Karala> Well, I've lived on my own in the countryside since I was a young woman. I've had to defend myself before... from wild animals, and ... occasionaly, from people.
<Xandhil> fair :/
<Karala> I hope I won't be a hindrance to you.
<Xandhil> It will be good to have a healer, even a non-magical one
<Karala> Well...
* Karala looks a bit askance, but lowers her voice.
<Karala> I *can* heal injuries at least. I don't like to let people know, because... well, it makes them wonder where that power is coming from.
<Karala> But I can do it, if someone is hurt and actually trusts me not to harm them.
<Karala> I have a few other trick up my sleeve as well.
* Karala 's sleeve rustles slightly at that
<Karala> heh
* Xandhil smiles
* Karala holds out her arm and a small hedgehog crawls out to sit on her palm, blinking in the sunlight.
<Xandhil> ambient tricks?
<Xandhil> hey there
<Karala> This is Teelo.
<Karala> Teelo, Xandhil.
* Karala introduces you
* Xandhil is familiar with the concept :3
<Karala> He's a very good helper.
<Xandhil> and he's cute
* Karala nods
<Xandhil> kinda like Justen ;)
* Karala chuckles
<Karala> Hopefully Justen is less prickly.
<Xandhil> well, he's not much of a morning person ;)
<Xandhil> anyway, we woudl be glad to have you along
<Karala> Are you planning to go soon?
<Xandhil> yes
<Karala> I'll get my things ready, then.
<Xandhil> we're supposed ot be grabbing our stuff in meeting back in like... 20 minutes now
* Karala nods
* Karala will head off to get her things
* Xandhil will meet back up with Justen
* Justen has more or less got your gear together
<Xandhil> thanks babe
<Xandhil> mwah
<Xandhil> Karala is going to come
<Justen> oh, that's good
<Justen> She seems nice
<Xandhil> she is
<Xandhil> she's also some kinda healer
<Justen> That might be handy, then
<Xandhil> yeah
<Xandhil> possibly some kind of sorcerer, I'm not sure
* Justen nods
<Xandhil> I'm sure father would have Theoreies ;p
<Justen> you'll have to report it all back to him ;)
<Xandhil> I should ask her later
<Xandhil> yeah -_-
* Justen didn't pack the tent on the assumption you won't need it if you need to stay in the tomb longer than a day
<Xandhil> (yeah, fair)
* Justen does have his porridge spoon, though, and the bedrolls, so you can stay longer if need be
* Justen shoulders the pack, and is ready to go :)
<Xandhil> :D
<Justen> Admit it - you're looking forward to this ;)
<Xandhil> are you *kidding* me?
<Xandhil> this is amazing
<Justen> going into a dark, mysterious tomb full of who knows what kind of gross undead.
<Xandhil> well the undead part is less cool, really
<Xandhil> but the rest of it - yes please!
* Justen smiles
<Xandhil> what about you?
<Justen> It's interesting. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be worse than we're expecting.
<Justen> More of those things like last night, I can handle.
<Justen> They didn't seem too tough.
<Xandhil> and it won't be just us
* Justen nods
<Justen> That'll make a nice change, I agree.
<Justen> If something does go wrong, at least we'll have help.
<Xandhil> yeah, exactly
<Justen> although less privacy ;)
<Xandhil> tradeoff :/
* Justen grins
<Xandhil> maybe we'll get separated ^-^
<Xandhil> we coudl volunteer to scout ahead?
<Justen> we'll just have to be patient... or find ourselves a little alcove to hide in ;)
* Xandhil teases
<Xandhil> anywya - lest get going :)
<Justen> okay
* Justen will accompany you to the entrance of the tomb, where the others are also gathering
* Xandhil needs to tell Sleyght that Karala is coming
* Karala is now known as Sleyght
<Xandhil> Professor?
<Sleyght> Yes?
* Sleyght has a pair of guns, which looks a bit incongruous with your usual mental image of him
<Xandhil> Karala has also offered to accomany us. I though it would be prudent to accept, as she is a healer
<Sleyght> Of course, that would be wonderful. Any help is appreciated.
<Xandhil> She should be a long shortly
<Xandhil> She laso knows a lot about the history of the area - she couldbe a good resource even once this gets settled
<Sleyght> oh, that's interesting. I shall have to speak with her, certainly.
<Sleyght> I suppose bringing the camera would be a foolish endeavour...
* Sleyght says a bit wistfully
<Xandhil> there's not goign to be enough light for it, I don't think?
<Xandhil> (is it too big to fit in the bag of holding?)
<Sleyght> Probably not without magical assistance... and just carrying it would make me quite encumbered.
<Sleyght> (probably yeah? It's the kind with a tripod and like... big glass plates kind of thing ;)
<Xandhil> magical assistance we might be able to manage but yeah - unless it dsiassembles I don't think I could even fit it in the bag of holding I have >.>
<Sleyght> We'll simply have to make sure to photograph things after it's safer to do so.
* Xandhil nods
* Sleyght consoles himself with that thought
<DiablotinNarrator> (this kinda one. [1])
<DiablotinNarrator> (bigass old camera ;)
<Xandhil> (I know what you mean, but they do fold up into the box at least >.>)
<DiablotinNarrator> (true)
<DiablotinNarrator> (it might be good to leave room for shit you might find in there ;)
<DiablotinNarrator> (he can always bring his camera back later for pics)
<DiablotinNarrator> (when you're not being eaten by undead >.>)
<Xandhil> (true ^-^)
* Anxikaril has his bow and swords ready, as well as a nice shiny chain shirt. Gyrus has a cloak on, and some bracers. Karala has a knife at her belt, and has also put on her cloak, and has Teelo perched discreetly in a pocket, peeking out.
* Xandhil has his mythil shirt on as well
* Anxikaril 's matches ;)
<Sleyght> Well... thank you for joining us, everyone.
* Sleyght says, making a little speech before you enter
<Sleyght> We don't know exactly what we're going to find in here - there are almost certainly ghouls, and possibly other more powerful undead.
<Sleyght> I'd ask that everyone be cautious - no wandering off, no getting too far ahead or behind the rest of the group, no touching things that it isn't necessary to touch. Both for your own safety, and for the security of the items in the tomb.
<Xandhil> (no touching random creepy statues? ^-^)
<Sleyght> (yes that @_@)
* Xandhil listens but also feels liek he nows all this shit ;p
<Sleyght> There could be traps or other defenses - I'll do my best to locate these, if there are any, but I can't promise that I won't miss something.
<Xandhil> I can help with that as well
<Sleyght> That's good.
<Sleyght> If you need to go back, I won't blame you. But we're intending to close the doors once we're inside, to hopefully prevent anything further from getting out and harming others.
<Sleyght> I don't know how far the tomb extends. It's possible we could be finished in a few hours, or it could take much longer.
* Anxikaril is now known as Gyrus
* Sleyght is now known as Karala
* Karala is standing before the large horse statue (the undamaged one) and looking up at it with awe, whispering a few words you can't quite make out.
<Gyrus> No one do anything foolish.
* Xandhil curiouses but gives her some space >.>
* Gyrus adds with a frown.
<Gyrus> Are we ready?
<Xandhil> Looks like
* Justen nods, and the others all agree as well
* Gyrus casts a light spell as you enter the tomb and Justen and Anxikaril (but mostly Justen ;) pull the heavy doors closed behind you.
<DiablotinNarrator> The air inside feels close, musty, and a bit more... earthy than you recall, as if something has been rooting around.
<DiablotinNarrator> As Gyrus mentioned, there is a new opening in one wall - a door, barely open a crack, but definitely visible where you are pretty sure there was nothing but some carvings before.
<DiablotinNarrator> (that's the one on the bottom wall, on the map)
<Xandhil> (cool)
* Karala casts something on herself as you enter
<Xandhil> (is it mage armour?)
<DiablotinNarrator> (yup, you'd say so)
* Xandhil makes a mental note >.>
<Xandhil> Does anyone else need magical protection?
<DiablotinNarrator> (keeping track of her spell list? ;)
<Xandhil> (ish?)
<DiablotinNarrator> Everybody else shakes their heads no, thanks.
* Xandhil shrugs
* Gyrus brings the light over towards the new door
<DiablotinNarrator> (we should position ourselves in roll20, maybe just switch over there for now)
<Xandhil> ('kk)
* A fight versus a number of ghouls broke out inside the main chamber.