Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 2

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 2 Next

Summary

Xan & Justen speak with Ysabeau about the dream plane, and then Ilphere uses her magic to transport them there. They arrive somewhere in the countryside, near the house of Pavo ar Seni, where they are invited in.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

[DiablotinNarrator] So, Justen will finish up his exam, and also that paper (which is probably actually the harder of the two for him, but he can manage it with your help) [Justen] 5 paaaaages :(

  • Justen persveres though ;)

[Xandhil] man

  • Xandhil will try not to snark out loud ;)

[Xandhil] very good :)

  • Xandhil sits in his lap
  • Justen is just glad to have it done

[Xandhil] its done and it is *good* [Justen] Thanks to you. [Xandhil] pfft [Xandhil] the ideas are yours and that's whats important [3 [Xandhil] . o O(mostly)

  • Justen gives you a kiss
  • Xandhil returns

[Xandhil] so! [Xandhil] then

  • Xandhil snuggles up

[Xandhil] are we going to be ready to go to Andusk soon? [Justen] Yeah, I guess there's no reason why not. [Xandhil] Anything else you wanted to take care of before we contact the princess? [Justen] I'd still like to talk to Mom about it... I mean, see if she has any info that could help us that the princess and reverend mother didn't mention. [Xandhil] okay [Xandhil] we can do that [Xandhil] maybe she will make us dinner ^-^ [Justen] I think it would be hard to stop her ;) [Xandhil] well, do we want to go now? [Justen] sure

  • Justen gets up, lifting you

[Xandhil] You can tell her about the end of term stuff, I'm sure she's curious [Xandhil] mmm

  • Justen got stronger ;)
  • Xandhil has surely noticed
  • Justen could always lift you though - it's just a little easier now ^-^
  • Xandhil is pretty light, but yes
  • Justen grins but puts you down

[Xandhil] aww, not gonna carry me the whole way? [Justen] Mom might think it's a bit weird ;) [Xandhil] hee [Xandhil] she's seen worse I'm sure [Justen] well... yeah. [Xandhil] anyway

  • Xandhil gives you another kiss

[Xandhil] shall we?

  • Justen kisses back, then nods

[Justen] Let's go.

  • Justen will go with you to his parents' house.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can get there a bit before dinner, to have a chance to talk to Ysa before the younger siblings who are still at home are swarming around [Ysabeau] (Well, at this point there would really only be Theo and Bel-bel, I think... Though Remi seems to stick around a lot) [DiablotinNarrator] (yeah... I guess that's not a full swarm :) [Justen] Mom?

  • Justen looks around for where Ysa might be
  • Xandhil trails

[Ysabeau] I'm in the music room!

  • Justen heads there, then
  • Ysabeau calls out in response. You can probably hear her rustling papers and getting up to come out and greet you, though.

[Ysabeau] Hello my dears! [Justen] Hi.. is it okay if we stay for dinner? :)

  • Justen gives his mother a hug
  • Ysabeau gives you each a motherly embrace.
  • Xandhil hugs back

[Ysabeau] Well, we're not having anything fancy. It's leftover night. But you're welcome to stay, if you still want to. ;) [Justen] As long as there's enough to go around. If there isn't, we can just pick something up later. [Xandhil] Justen's been so busy working on his paper that he forgot to go to the market [Ysabeau] There's enough to go around. There aren't as many mouths to feed, these days.

  • Xandhil teases
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Did you get it finished?

  • Ysabeau asks Justen.

[Justen] Yeah... with Xan's help. [Ysabeau] Excellent! [Xandhil] pfft

  • Ysabeau beams.

[Justen] I'll turn it in tomorrow. [Xandhil] it was good :)

  • Justen shrugs

[Ysabeau] Good on you. Thanks for looking it over him, Xan. I'm sure your profs will be pleased with your work. [Justen] It's done on time, that's the main thing. [Ysabeau] (for him)

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I always hated writing papers, too.

  • Xandhil be's quiet ].]
  • Justen nods

[Justen] Now that it's done, Xan and I have a job we're going to do... [Xandhil] yeah :) [Ysabeau] Oh yeah? [Xandhil] Princess Ilphere hired us! [Xandhil] well, me

  • Justen nods
  • Ysabeau smiles at Xan.

[Justen] I'm just the hired muscle. [Ysabeau] And you need a bodyguard, eh? [Justen] yup

  • Justen grins, putting his arm protectively around Xan

[Xandhil] . o O (It's not a muscle, baby ;)

  • Xandhil leans in
  • Ysabeau smiles up at both of you.

[Ysabeau] . o O (You are just so cute together!)

  • Ysabeau doesn't want to embarrass her son.

[Xandhil] just in case! [Ysabeau] I'm sure he has other uses, too. ;) [Xandhil] It could be pretty dangerous [Xandhil] oh a few ^-^ [Justen] heh [Justen] I kind of wanted to talk to you about it, though... [Ysabeau] Oh? All right. [Justen] well, she wants us to go to Andusk. and since you were there before... [Ysabeau] Of course she would!

  • Xandhil blinks
  • Ysabeau tries not to look too troubled.

[Ysabeau] Well come in and sit down, and I'll tell you what I can. Of course, it's been more than 20 years since I was there. [Justen] We just want to make sure we know as much as we can, so we're prepared. Anything you can tell us is great. [Xandhil] well, we have talked to Reverend Mother Alma as well

  • Justen comes to sit down

[Justen] yeah [Xandhil] she gave us files @_@ [Ysabeau] Exciting.

  • Ysabeau does not really sound excited about files. ;)

[Xandhil] it is! [Xandhil] she also gave us magic items though ^-^

  • Ysabeau grins at you.

[Ysabeau] . o O (So like his father.) [Justen] yeah, and so did the Princess. so I think we're set in that department. [Ysabeau] Oh, that's good. It's a dangerous place. Or, at least, it was.

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] Oh, it still ism, from what Alma says [Justen] I don't think it's gotten any less dangerous... [Ysabeau] So, what did they tell you? [Ysabeau] So I can figure out what else to tell you.

  • Xandhil realizes he should make a conscious effort not to dfreak out Ysa too much by going on about how dangerous it is ].]
  • Ysabeau is reminding herself forcibly that Justen is her adult son.

[Justen] well... that it used to mirror our world, but now it doesn't as much. [Justen] still sort of ... echoes, or whatever? maybe there's a technical magic-y term for it. [Xandhil] they told us about the Shadar Kai being in chager

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] and how they worship Serpent [Justen] that it's a dream that sort of... grew into a world of its own.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ysabeau] Alma must have told you about the... the slavery. [Xandhil] and that since the queen left it has been kind of chaotic

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] yeah, and that there's some kind of resistance movement [Ysabeau] And the sacrifices. [Xandhil] she was very upfront about all of that [Ysabeau] They sacrifice people to Serpent. Slaves, mostly, and criminals.

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] one of the things the Reverend Mother is hoping we can do is help the resistance, at least to the extent that we can. [Xandhil] at least the parts that aren't crazy ].]

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Justen] yeah. [Xandhil] if we can figure out who that is [Justen] she did warn us that some of them may not be trustworthy... well really that no one is ].] [Ysabeau] Were either of them able to help you in some way so that you remain... you? [Ysabeau] Or are you going to have to dream your way into it, like we did?

  • Justen glances at Xan to explain the technical magical shit :)

[Xandhil] no [Xandhil] we're just going to use planeshift [Xandhil] so that shodln't be an issue [Ysabeau] All right, that's good. [Xandhil] and we have an amulet to get back out [Ysabeau] When we went, I'm sure they told you, but when we went, most of us didn't remember our lives here. [Justen] she thinks there probably shouldn't be ones of us there anyway [Ysabeau] We became our alternate selves, completely.

  • Justen nods

[Ysabeau] Some aspects of Ysstvelt remain with me today, in fact... [Xandhil] My father told us a bit more about that [Xandhil] oh? [Ysabeau] So you'll definitely come out changed. [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] we wo't be them... [Ysabeau] Hopefully not for the worse... [Xandhil] so hopefully it won't affect us the same way

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] we'll just stay us [Ysabeau] I hope that's the case, too. [Xandhil] the planes aren't as closely linked now anyway

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] so, hopefully no more changed than any other foreign trip :) [Ysabeau] If you see any Belldancers, be careful around them. [Ysabeau] There are all sorts of rules surrounding them. [Ysabeau] And you could land yourselves in trouble if you break those rules. [Justen] what sort of rules? [Ysabeau] Well, they are slaves, but they are also status symbols for their masters.

  • Xandhil pulls out a notebook

[Ysabeau] That makes their situation a little strange. [Justen] like a... a really expensive horse, or something?

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] A really expensive horse that no one is allowed to touch or ride unless their master has made them available for those services. [Xandhil] hmm [Ysabeau] And I mean that in all the ways you can imagine. :P [Justen] okay... [Ysabeau] Some masters are a little more lenient than others, and give their Belldancers autonomy to befriend and entertain people on their own. [Ysabeau] But some are extremely jealous and could you have you arrested or killed for damaging or defacing their property. [Xandhil] well... I dont' think we're plannign to mingle much with that level of society [Justen] I guess you never know, though... it's good to know

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] if... if we meet the other you - assuming she's still alive and everything - do you think we could trust her? [Ysabeau] I think it would depend on what you're trusting her with. [Ysabeau] She was working with the Resistance on the sly.

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] basically everyone else we talked to said not to trust their doubles ... or we assume we can't, anyway. [Xandhil] right [Ysabeau] The Ysstvelt of 25(?) years ago could be trusted with anything that would help overthrow Fedra and various other people she wanted dead. [Ysabeau] But other than that, I wouldn't trust her with anything.

  • Xandhil sighs

[Ysabeau] And that was so long ago, I think she must have changed, if she's even still alive. [Xandhil] alright then - don't trust anyone [Justen] the Reverend Mother said we could work with her counterpart, but again, that she might not be trustworthy.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] and that she's dangerous [Ysabeau] Youn have to understand what a horrible place that world is... [Ysabeau] The people grow up in very difficult situations.

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] nobody trusts anybody? [Ysabeau] It's hard not to develop into someone who looks out for number one first and foremost. [Xandhil] or not for long :/ [Ysabeau] I don't think anyone trusts anyone else implicitly. [Ysabeau] But I think some people develop some bonds of trust over the course of long association.

  • Justen nods

[Ysabeau] Ysstvelt and Sendhel, for example... [Xandhil] if they're explicitly motivated by self interest, that's easier to work with than if they're crazy or malicious though

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] Xan's father didn't have anything good to say about Sendhel... ].] [Ysabeau] They were friends... or as close as you can get to being friends in Andusk, anyway. [Xandhil] My father didn't give us many details about the people there [Justen] yeah

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] just said to stay away from him [Ysabeau] He was a slave of sorts, too. [Ysabeau] In a similar vein to Ysstvelt. [Xandhil] hmm [Ysabeau] They both entertained their masters' guests and friends. [Xandhil] I can imagine how that would bother father

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] he said he was a dangerous deviant, basically

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] I can see your father saying that. [Xandhil] manipulative and shallow, but also a skilled poisoner and assassin [Justen] he said he might be unhealthily interested in us [Justen] I guess because of where we come from, or what we are...?

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Ysabeau] Either or both, I imagine. [Xandhil] hopefully we can say out of his way [Ysabeau] There was a Martan there, too.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ysabeau] I have my suspicions about him. I think he *might* not actually be Dad's parallel. [Xandhil] that's what Alma said too [Xandhil] that it wasn't him [Ysabeau] I think it's possible he was Falek, who disappeared. Falek being the second Duke of Greywatch's parallel. [Justen] huh [Ysabeau] There is even a possiblity that he was the first Duke of Greywatch, the original Martan's, parallel, but don't quote me on that. [Xandhil] hmm [Justen] I guess... would he still be alive? I mean, how long would people live there... [Xandhil] depends [Justen] I guess if they're shadar-kai it could be longer than humans [Xandhil] if he was Shadar kai, yeah [Ysabeau] If he was Falek, he was half-Shadar-kai, but he was disguised to look fully human. He really looked quite a bit like Dad when he was younger.

  • Justen nods

[Ysabeau] And the Shadar-kai and their halfblood offspring do have longer lifespans than a typical human, yes. [Justen] so there are people... counterparts of people? who've been dead here for decades or even longer? [Justen] that's gotta be weird [Xandhil] hmm

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] there was some things about it in Alma's notes [Ysabeau] Marel, Marl's counterpart, was a sadistic, selfish man. [Xandhil] on the resistance people [Ysabeau] So don't trust him if he's still around. [Xandhil] oh, we have a long list of people to be really careful around @_@ [Ysabeau] Martan there was working with the Resistance, or said he was, anyway. [Justen] especially Willem [Xandhil] yeah

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Willem was a crazed religious fanatic and murderer.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] there was an extra long file on him [Ysabeau] Not at all like Uncle Guillame. [Ysabeau] Ysstvelt really was seeking vengeance more than anything. [Justen] yeah... [Ysabeau] She and Muri were orphans there, as we were here. [Ysabeau] And Muri was sacrificed to Serpent. [Justen] oh :/ [Justen] poor Aunt Muri :(

  • Ysabeau looks sad-ish.

[Ysabeau] Ysstvelt wanted to kill everyone who had anything to do with her sacrifice. [Ysabeau] She was patient enough to wait years for the right moment. But she might not have survived.

  • Justen nods

[Justen] the Princess has been having some alarming dreams about him lately. Willem, I mean. which was partly why she wanted to send us to see what's happening.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ysabeau] Oh dear.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] we'll be careful though [Ysabeau] Dom was a gladiator; I don't know if he would have survived, either. Seems unlikely given the violence of his existence.

  • Xandhil doesn't mention the bit where both she and Alma have been asking us to collect body parts :p

[Ysabeau] I really think Ysstvelt might have been killed very soon after we left... she was trying to kill Fedra because she thought she was going to die, anyway, because everyone thought she had killed Pheria. [Ysabeau] If you do find out she's still alive, I'd be morbidly interested in knowing what became of her.

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] well, we can see :) [Xandhil] she sounds relatively less terryfying than everyone else [Justen] yeah... [Ysabeau] Well... I wouldn't say that. [Ysabeau] She could poison you with a touch. [Justen] o_O [Ysabeau] You can't read her mind or her alignment. [Ysabeau] She is immune to poison and disease. [Xandhil] well [Ysabeau] It's to do with her tattoos. [Ysabeau] They're magical. [Justen] huh [Xandhil] I just meant personally :p [Ysabeau] She can also change her appearance. [Xandhil] she's less likely to think we [Justen] . o O (I wonder if I can get a tattoo while we're there) [Xandhil] are interesting enough to want to take apart [Xandhil] I mean [Xandhil] that could be describing me or Justen, otherwise :) [Ysabeau] Oh, yeas. She would be indifferent to your existence. [Ysabeau] She didn't really feel... much of anything... anymore. [Ysabeau] Unless you had something to do with Muri's death. [Ysabeau] I guess she also did love her old master, in a way.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ysabeau] I'm sorry. i don't know that what I have to tell you is going to be of any use. [Ysabeau] Was there anything i mentioned in my ramblings that you'd like to know more about? [Justen] it's okay - everything we can learn might come in handy [Ysabeau] Um... Menard's counterpart, apart from being a noble, seemed relatively innocuous. [Ysabeau] His grandfather and his brother didn't think much of him, at any rate. [Ysabeau] But he probably isn't working with the Resistance, so you probably won't cross paths.

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] is there anyone else you can think of that we should put on our 'avoid like the plague' list? [Ysabeau] Pheria, definitely. [Ysabeau] She was insane. [Ysabeau] And liked torturing people for shits and giggles.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] we heard about her

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Airrik, if he stuck around. [Xandhil] Dad thinks he's long gone [Justen] yeah.. he didn't think we would have to deal with him, hopefully. [Ysabeau] I don't know where he could have gone after Ysstvelt freed him, unless there was some link to Hell even from that plane. [Xandhil] that's the impression I had [Ysabeau] All right, interesting. [Xandhil] and there would have to have been - it did have an arch [Xandhil] anyway - how about places? [Ysabeau] Right. I'm getting foolish in my dotage. [Ysabeau] Places... oh, actually. [Xandhil] there are some notes in Alma's files [Xandhil] but where to find people, where to avoid... [Justen] yeah, that might be good - if you know of places that might be safe for us to hide out? [Ysabeau] There's a magic item that Ysstvelt hid away. [Xandhil] even if it is out of date, it would be..ooooh? [Ysabeau] It was an earring that Leonien gave her.

  • Xandhil listens attentively
  • Justen as well

[Ysabeau] When he wore it, it allowed him to hear whatever people were saying about him, if they were using his name. Not a whole lot, just a sentence or two after his name was spoken. [Xandhil] oh wow, that's neat :o [Xandhil] where did she put it? [Ysabeau] She hid it because Marel, her new master, wanted it, and he would have taken it from her like he tried to take everything else.

  • Ysabeau will describe the hiding place inside a wall.

[Justen] I can imagine... [DiablotinNarrator] (remind me - where was the wall? inside/outside?) [Ysabeau] If she died just after we left, she would never have been able to recover it, so it might still be there. [Ysabeau] If she didn't, then she probably retrieved it long ago. [Ysabeau] (It was never established whether it was an exterior or an interior wall, just that it was a wall she had to use Dimension Door to get into and out of. [DiablotinNarrator] (ah, okay) [Ysabeau] Oh, Justen, if you meet Ysstvelt and she warms up to you, she could probably teach you a thing or two about unarmed combat. [Justen] oh, cool [Ysabeau] There's these techniques they have there... just incredible. [Justen] the tattoos you mentioned... do they do those for anyone? [Ysabeau] She was fast on her feet in her youth. She actually killed an armoured man with a poisoned dagger by breaking his neck with her bare hands. [Ysabeau] Those were really, really very expensive.

  • Justen nods

[Ysabeau] Leonien bought them for her, because she was his bodyguard as well as his um... well, entertainer. [Justen] that makes sense [Ysabeau] The artist was named [blah] [Justen] I was just curious :) [Ysabeau] (I know I gave him a name but it will take too much time to find it in the logs) [DiablotinNarrator] (np) [Xandhil] I wonder if I could learn that kind of magiv ].] [Ysabeau] The tattoos? [Ysabeau] I think you could, if you could find someone willing to teach you and had years to spend learning how to do them properly. [Ysabeau] But I'm not certain that you'd *want* to spend years in Andusk... It really was an awful place. [Justen] ah well... I hope we're not going to spend years there @_@ [Xandhil] or even more than a few days... we'll see though

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Xandhil] anyway, thanks :) [Justen] yes, thank you, Mom [Ysabeau] You're welcome, my dears. [Justen] anything we can do to help get things ready for dinner? :) [Ysabeau] Yes, of course. We have to get all the food and reheat it, and the table needs setting.

  • Justen nods

[Justen] We can set the table... for six? [Justen] or is it seven

  • Ysabeau will tell you about some of Ysstvelt's safehouses while we prepare food, I guess, since you asked but I missed seeing that! She will be clear that you should check them out long before you actually need to use them, because they might not be safe anymore.

[Ysabeau] Seven - Merrow's got to eat, too. :)

  • Justen nods and will get out seven of everything then
  • Xandhil will help

[DiablotinNarrator] You can enjoy a pleasant dinner with the Oliviers, then :) [Xandhil] woot! [DiablotinNarrator] And then do you want to set out the next day for Andusk? [DiablotinNarrator] After Justen hands in his paper that is ;) [Xandhil] yes! [DiablotinNarrator] All right - you can get in touch with Princess Ilphere, who will arrange a time to meet with you so she can cast the spell. [Xandhil] cool [Princess_Ilphere] Now, I will be going with you, since that is how the spell works...! [Princess_Ilphere] But I'll return right away, provided that it seems like you're safe...! [Xandhil] okay, i was going to say :o [Xandhil] We should be okay :)

  • Justen nods as well

[Princess_Ilphere] The spell also has a sliiiight tricky part to it... we may not end up precisely where I am aiming...! [Xandhil] okay... [Xandhil] where are you aiming?

  • Xandhil asks curiously

[Princess_Ilphere] Oh, a little out-of-the-way spot...!

  • Princess_Ilphere says vaguely
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] should we be ready for trouble? [Princess_Ilphere] ... as I recall there were some gardens near the outskirts of the city, and assuming they are still there, they should be quite deserted...! [Xandhil] Just in case? [Princess_Ilphere] probably...! [Xandhil] okay

  • Xandhil wil; get his sword out then, just in case
  • Princess_Ilphere offers her hands to each of you

[Xandhil] (it's super keen!)

  • Xandhil take her hand with his non-sword hand ;)
  • Princess_Ilphere casts the spell, which is quite brief, and the transition is smooth, if somewhat disorienting.
  • Xandhil blinks

[DiablotinNarrator] You find yourselves in a wooded area. It's quiet, fortunately, and dark - but it also doesn't seem to be inside the city, unless city parks/gardens are a lot bigger and more wilderness-y than in Diablotin. [Princess_Ilphere] oh...!

  • Princess_Ilphere looks around

[Princess_Ilphere] well, I didn't expect to be off by *this* much...!

  • Princess_Ilphere turns to you two

[Princess_Ilphere] Will you be all right? [Princess_Ilphere] I don't think you could be very far from the city - the plane isn't *that* large... ! [Xandhil] we'll manage [Princess_Ilphere] Very good...! [Xandhil] I always pack some rations just in case [Justen] Yeah, we can handle a bit of wilderness. [Princess_Ilphere] All right... I shall take my leave, then...? [Xandhil] we did alright on the Shadowplane, anyway :) [Xandhil] yes, your highness, and thank you! [Princess_Ilphere] Oh no, thank *you*...!

  • Princess_Ilphere says before she casts the spell again and vanishes.

[Justen] well...

  • Xandhil looks up at the sky
  • Justen looks around, trying to get his bearings although that's pretty much impossible

[DiablotinNarrator] Both of you can make Spot checks [DiablotinNarrator] (I'll roll in roll20, I'm already in there anyway) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+7 [DiablotinNarrator] (want me to roll for you?)

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 11 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] (ah, there :) [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+3

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 16 ].
  • Justen peers at something off in the distance

[Xandhil] see soemthing? [Justen] I think I see a light. [Justen] Lights, plural, actually. [Xandhil] great! [Xandhil] are they moving [Xandhil] ? [Justen] No... it's like a building, maybe. [Xandhil] wewll, its a start [Xandhil] we can go check it out [Justen] I guess we might as well head that way, for lack of any other signs of life... [Xandhil] yeah

  • Justen will start to walk in that direction, then, shouldering his pack and his weapon
  • Xandhil puts away his sword for now as well

[Justen] ... none of them ever went outside the city, did they? [Justen] I mean, not that I remember them saying [Xandhil] Father was supposed to be from outside the city

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] but he wasn't sure it was a real place there [Justen] so we're already breaking new ground :) [Xandhil] but no one ever mentioned forests, that's for sure.. [Xandhil] yeah :) [Justen] finding out what's outside...

  • Justen eyes the trees as you pass

[DiablotinNarrator] Another spot check please [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+3

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 5 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+7

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 22 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] nice [DiablotinNarrator] Xan, there is something weird about these trees

  • Xandhil stops

[Xandhil] maybe

  • Justen stops too
  • Xandhil steps to get a closer look

[DiablotinNarrator] You feel like you keep walking past the same ones. [DiablotinNarrator] If you had to say, it's like... someone painted a backdrop for a play. [DiablotinNarrator] They're real, but oddly fake-seeming too, if that makes any sense? [Xandhil] these are.... [Xandhil] they're like trees that someone dreamed up [Xandhil] after reding about trees [DiablotinNarrator] It's like this area is lacking in detail. The grain of the bark is too simple, the leaves are all the same shape, that sort of thing.

  • Justen looks around

[Xandhil] look [Xandhil] these two are exactly the same

  • Xandhil points them out

[Justen] Yeah.. I see what you mean. That's eerie. [Xandhil] and the bark just *looks* liekit has texture [Xandhil] it doesn't really [Justen] And I haven't heard any wildlife since we got here either. [Justen] not even insects or anything. [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] it's like a giant stage set [Xandhil] (set)

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] come on, then [Justen] I guess we just keep going... and hope we don't have to stay here overnight, because it's creepy. [Xandhil] yeah [DiablotinNarrator] You continue on your way, in the direction of the lights. [Xandhil] well at least it is empty [Justen] True... [DiablotinNarrator] As you draw nearer to them, the 'woods' begin to ... not so much thin out as just fade away. [Xandhil] :/ [DiablotinNarrator] You can see a house up ahead, a large manor, nicely manicured lawns, gardens - it wouldn't be out of place back home as some noble's estate in the countryside. This place seems more... detailled, more *real* somehow - as if more effort was put into its creation. [DiablotinNarrator] It is illuminated, and you can see an occasional silhouetted figure moving about inside. [Xandhil] [q]I think we're coming out of the backdrop....

  • Justen nods

[Justen] [w] should we get closer?

  • Xandhil considers

[Xandhil] [q] maybe a little closer, and watch for a bit?

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] [q] And I want to check for magic alarms and such [Justen] [q] okay [Justen] [q] so, sneaking... [DiablotinNarrator] Hide checks may be in order [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+5

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 8 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] (enh...) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+9

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 17 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] (better!)

  • Xandhil can invis sphere is too
  • Justen is in his armor, so less well-able to hide, evidently...

[Xandhil] (us) [Xandhil] [m] you're too shiny :p [Justen] [q] and this is the sneaky armor... [DiablotinNarrator] How close are you getting? [Xandhil] hmmm [Xandhil] (Maybe watch the house from the garden for a bit, and then if nothing is apparent sneak closer with invis spehere and see how that goes? It will only last 7 min though) [DiablotinNarrator] Okay [DiablotinNarrator] As you hide out in the garden, you observe the house and its surroundings for a while [DiablotinNarrator] There is activity inside, but it doesn't seem like a huge party or anything - it isn't especially noisy, nor are there dozens of people in evidence. Probably a handful of people. [Xandhil] [w] closer for a bit?

  • Justen nods
  • Xandhil will cast invis sphere then

[Xandhil] [q] stay close [DiablotinNarrator] You can see near the door there are a couple of guards, but it doesn't seem amazingly heavily defended... at least not with mundane means.

  • Justen will do so

[Xandhil] (I can't remember - will casting dm break the invis?) [DiablotinNarrator] (no, just if you attack) [Xandhil] (keen, I'll do that then) [DiablotinNarrator] Okay [DiablotinNarrator] Round 1. Yes there are magical auras present. [Xandhil] (round 2 : they're al on you and Justen, dumbass ;) [DiablotinNarrator] heh

  • Xandhil maintains concentration

[DiablotinNarrator] 2. Other than the ones on you and Justen, there are 3 present, and the strongest one is of moderate strength. [DiablotinNarrator] 3. Each of the guards has a magic weapon, and there is some sort of abjuration on the house itself, probably a ward of some kind. [DiablotinNarrator] You are now close enough to see that the guards are human males. [Justen] [q] slaves?

  • Xandhil looks to see if they have collars or other trappings of bondage, so to speak

[Xandhil] (spot?) [DiablotinNarrator] sure [Xandhil] !r 1d20+7 [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+3

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 6 ].

[Xandhil] !roll 1d20+7

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 27 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] Justen is not very observant tonight, but fortunately you are :D

  • Xandhil is dubious, as they have magic weapons, but still

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't see collars or chains or anything like that on them, but you do notice one of them has a brand on his face. It could be a slave mark, or just a body mod, not sure. [Xandhil] [q] I don't *think* so

  • Justen nods
  • Xandhil beckons him back away from the house

[DiablotinNarrator] There is some noise from around the side of the house away from the woods/the direction you came from. Some laughter/light conversation, but you can't make out the details from this distance. [Xandhil] ... [DiablotinNarrator] It could be people outside, or maybe there are open doors/windows that are letting the sound out, can't tell from here.

  • Justen glances to see if you want to go that way
  • Xandhil shrugs and motions him to move around with me then
  • Xandhil can always recast the spell if it looks like it is going to run out
  • Justen follows you closely
  • Xandhil slips quietly around the side of the building ;3

[DiablotinNarrator] As you circle around to the far side of the manor, you can see a sort of raised patio area, and there are a few people out on it. [DiablotinNarrator] You can see three men - two shadar-kai, one human - and they're talking together.

  • Xandhil will see if we can get close enough to listen

[Xandhil] (If we're going to need to recast IS soon, I'll do it before they're likely to overhear us ;) [DiablotinNarrator] okay, it's probably a good plan to recast it before approaching, yeah. [DiablotinNarrator] One of the SK men is saying 'isn't it good to get away from the city for a little while?', in a way that seems like he's glad the others are there. [DiablotinNarrator] The human agrees that it is, but the other SK seems a bit less cheerful... he says something like "we're not really escaping the problems, just putting them aside for a while." [DiablotinNarrator] "don't worry about that now..." says the first one, putting his hand on his friend's shoulder [DiablotinNarrator] ("friend") [Xandhil] (heh) [DiablotinNarrator] "it's just fiddling while the city burns" says Mr. Gloomy. [DiablotinNarrator] "Well, we can't do anything to help if you're going to take *that* attitude."

  • Xandhil looks at Justen
  • Justen shrugs, uncertain

[Justen] [w] they don't seem terrifyingly awful? [Xandhil] [w] No - we can just maybe approach the house form the road and say we're lost? [DiablotinNarrator] The human, who seems to speak to them both as relatively equal, not subservient/slave-like, says "Look, we *are* trying to do something useful - it's not just 'fiddling'. I can't even play the fiddle."

  • Justen nods his agreement to that plan.
  • Xandhil slips back away then, to determine where the approach even is
  • Justen follows and you locate the road that leads up to the manor

[Xandhil] alright [Xandhil] so... we're lost [Xandhil] that's a thing [DiablotinNarrator] This path will lead you straight up to the door with the guards. [Xandhil] hopefully no one asks us to prove we aren't slaves :p

  • Justen nods

[Justen] Should we look like ourselves? [Justen] I mean, no wings, but otherwise just usual? [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] I guess? [Xandhil] we can always change later of we need to :p [Justen] They seem okay with humans here. [Justen] at least with those humans... [Xandhil] this is going to be awful - I don't really know enough to give a good cover story [Xandhil] ugh [Xandhil] we'll be okay though :)

  • Justen nods

[Justen] We can always escape if things go bad.

  • Xandhil shrugs and casts glibness

[Justen] ready? [Xandhil] yup [Justen] all right.

  • Justen will start up the path towards the main doors of the house.

[Xandhil] just be loud [Xandhil] so the gaden folks can be curious [Xandhil] and we won't just get turned away by dutiful guards :p

  • Justen nods, making no effort to silence his footsteps or the clink of his armor

[DiablotinNarrator] As you approach close enough for the guards to see you, they straighten to attention and one calls out a 'who goes there?' [Xandhil] We're very sorry [Xandhil] We're just lost! [Xandhil] Whose home is this? [DiablotinNarrator] "Where were you headed?" [DiablotinNarrator] (asks the guard)

  • Xandhil smiles charmingly

[Xandhil] Honestly we just wanted to get out of the city for a little while - I didn't think we'd gotten that far away! [Xandhil] but it feels like we've been walking for an age

  • Xandhil stops himself from saying hours when he doens't know how they do time here

[DiablotinNarrator] "You must have, if you came all the way from the city" [Xandhil] how far *is* it? [DiablotinNarrator] "Far enough."

  • Xandhil sighs

[DiablotinNarrator] "This is the Ar'seni estate." [Xandhil] Might we be ab;e to trouble your...Lord? lady? For some brief hospitality? [Xandhil] Just somewhere to rest for a bit before we try and find out way back... [DiablotinNarrator] The door opens behind the guards and a man comes out, SK, curling black hair, quite handsome, not especially old. [Xandhil] (could be one of the dudes from the patio?) [Pavo] Visitors?

  • Xandhil smiles
  • Pavo 's voice is definitely one of those you heard, yeah.

[Xandhil] Lost travellers, I'm afraid, My lord [Pavo] Fleeing from the city, are you? Well, that's quite understandable...

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil takes Justen's hand

[Xandhil] We thought it would be good to get away...

  • Pavo nods

[Xandhil] we just weren't quite sure what to expect out here [Pavo] I think we can spare the room tonight.

  • Pavo says, eyeing the two of you ^-^

[Xandhil] That's very generous of you, my lord [Pavo] Why don't you come in...

  • Xandhil would like to SM?
  • Justen will as well

[Xandhil] (more on the guards than mr unsubtle mcletch ;) [Xandhil] !roll 1d20+10

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 22 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+10

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 12 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] Xan, you think the guards seem fairly chill about this - as if this sort of thing happens often. [Xandhil] (And 'he would like to bone us' is a fair assessment for Pavo? ;) [DiablotinNarrator] yes, I think that is accurate [Xandhil] Thank you.. [DiablotinNarrator] but he also does seem inclined to be helpful in general, boning aside

  • Xandhil glances at Justen and squeezes his hand
  • Justen smiles

[Justen] Yes, thank you.

  • Xandhil will go on in then :o
  • Pavo steps aside to welcome you into his home