Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 16

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 16 Next

Summary

In the aftermath of the fight, Ruchard explains what he did, and the inhabitants of the plane are able to see improvements already, as Xan and Justen prepare to return home.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:


[DiablotinNarrator] So... we ended last time with Ruchard evidently taking control of the dream-realm and things beginning to change in various subtle and not-so-subtle ways.

  • Xandhil is relieved that Willem and raina are gone @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] Willem and Raina had disappeared, but Channel was left behind.

  • Xandhil vaguely wonders if that's because Ruchard decided to leave her, or if he couldn't get her because she was born after the dreamer left

[DiablotinNarrator] Kalman's hold spell on her will end before too long, so deciding what to do with her is probably pressing.

  • Xandhil will try casting Deep Slumber on her ].]

[DiablotinNarrator] what's the save DC? [Xandhil] checkin', sec [Xandhil] I think 19? [Xandhil] yeah [DiablotinNarrator] ... I forget if I can roll in here [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+10

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 11 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] apparently so :) [Xandhil] haaaa [Xandhil] :D [DiablotinNarrator] okay, so she will deeply slumber :) [Xandhil] it affects up to 10 hd, hopefully that'll get her :p [DiablotinNarrator] yeah

  • Kalman looks relieved at that
  • Kalman will also go to check other people are okay, starting with Cesar, and provide healing to anyone who looks like they need it.

[Xandhil] she should probably still be secured... [Justen] Yes. [DiablotinNarrator] I'm sure someone thought to bring a rope ].] [Xandhil] (or something appropriate ;) [DiablotinNarrator] I think Alma is grumpy and thwarted enough to basically just go off on her own [DiablotinNarrator] maybe she'll delegate Adela to stay and tell her what happens ;p [Xandhil] (with Danyel) [Xandhil] (okay :) [DiablotinNarrator] (but yes, she can take Danyel :) [Xandhil] (I don't really care, I just wasn't sure ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (well, it saves me having to play him ;) [Xandhil] (I'd forgotten about Adela, tbh ].]) [DiablotinNarrator] heh

  • Ruchard takes a fair while doing... whatever he's doing.

[Xandhil] I kinda want to go and watch - I wonder how people are reacting [Xandhil] hmmm... [Kalman] We should probably remain here... just in case anything goes wrong.

  • Kalman pessimists ;)
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] I agree - I'm still not sure this is going to be a permanent fix, but hopefully with the shard.... taken care of? it won't decay again as fast

  • Ruchard eventually steps out of the purple vortex, says "There... I think." He takes about one step, then promptly passes out.

[Xandhil] crap

  • Xandhil will go and check on him?
  • Justen will hurry over to see if he's okay too

[Xandhil] probably just spent after all that - I hope, anyway

  • Ruchard just seems to be unconscious, not harmed as far as you can tell.

[Xandhil] I could wake him up ].] [Xandhil] I mean [Kalman] We should get out of here, if he's finished. Even if the world isn't about to end, there might still be people who don't want us here. [Xandhil] I know he needs the rest [Xandhil] but yes [Xandhil] and I'm not sure what all he's done

  • Kalman nods
  • Justen can pick him up to carry him over his shoulder

[Xandhil] back to your place? [Kalman] I think that would be best.

  • Justen looks to you to see if he should teleport there or if it's not quite that urgent.

[Xandhil] how much of a hurry are we in?

  • Xandhil will also shift back to non-winged form ].]

[Kalman] Well... while walking in was not too difficult, carrying someone out unconscious is more conspicuous. But we also don't know what state people will be in outside. [Xandhil] 9How many ppl can Justen teleport?) [DiablotinNarrator] (good question, let me look) [DiablotinNarrator] (I helpfully don't have that on his sheet -_-) [DiablotinNarrator] (how many have I let him teleport with before? ;) [DiablotinNarrator] (more than 1?) [Xandhil] (yeah - I think he took all th SP bros? [DiablotinNarrator] (okay) [DiablotinNarrator] (so up to 3?) [DiablotinNarrator] (that would make sense with his 'level' I guess.) [Xandhil] (I think so)?) [DiablotinNarrator] (if I pretend that his 'caster level' is his actual level + adjustment) [Xandhil] (*nod*) [Xandhil] Justen could take you and Cesar and Ruchard [Xandhil] and I could meet you there [Xandhil] but [Xandhil] I don't know what to do with her

  • Xandhil nods to Channel

[Xandhil] or you I guess

  • Xandhil says to Adela

[Kalman] It's all right for me and Cesar to walk out of here, if anyone can get away with it, it's us. [Xandhil] okay... [Xandhil] should we take them, then?

  • Xandhil looks to the ladies

[Kalman] so... take Ruchard, Channel, and ... someone else, I guess. [Xandhil] I mean... do you even want to?

  • Xandhil aks Adela

[Xandhil] I mean [Xandhil] It would at least get you out of here :p [Adela] Mother asked me to stay and see what he says, so... I'll go with you. [Xandhil] okay

  • Xandhil looks to kalman for confirmation then

[Xandhil] (because it is his house ].])

  • Kalman nods

[Kalman] It's all right - we should be back soon. Just... maybe everyone just stay in the library until then?

  • Xandhil helps Justen get the unconscious people arranged then

[Xandhil] okay

  • Justen is burly enough to carry both of them, but it's a bit cumbersome ;)
  • Justen manages to get things arranged for the teleport

[Xandhil] Just hold on to him

  • Xandhil says to Adela
  • Adela does so.
  • Justen teleports away with his burdens
  • Xandhil 'ports away as well :3
  • Xandhil tries to see if anything is different at kalman's place?

[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive back at Kalman's house - I think I've said you have to 'port to outside it because he's got it warded? [DiablotinNarrator] (I mostly only ask because it may make a difference as to what you see immediately on arrival) [Xandhil] (yes) [DiablotinNarrator] ('k) [DiablotinNarrator] As you arrive at the gate of Kalman's house, the first thing you'll notice is that the atmosphere seems ... lighter, somehow. Not that the sky is any brighter, but something about it seems clearer, less stifled, more spacious. [Xandhil] . o O (less Claustrophobic) [DiablotinNarrator] yes, that's a good way of putting it [DiablotinNarrator] Colours (what colours there are) are a little more vibrant, things seem a little less grim. [Xandhil] Things do seem... better? out here

  • Justen nods

[Justen] Let's get them inside...

  • Xandhil nods and will lead the way then
  • Adela follows as well, looking around a bit curiously
  • Adela perhaps intrigued by being in the house of a filthy SK and a race traitor ;)

[Xandhil] (I didn't think Cesar was allowed to be considered a race traitor ;) [Xandhil] (maybe just not in Alma's hearing ].]) [Xandhil] come on, the library is this way

  • Xandhil shepherds ;p

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh) [DiablotinNarrator] (he gets a pass... ish ;)

  • Adela follows along
  • Justen carts them into the library. Ruchard is starting to stir a bit by the time you arrive there.
  • Xandhil will investigate Kalman's drinks cabinet :3

[DiablotinNarrator] (amply stocked ;)

  • Justen sets Ruchard and Channel down on separate couches
  • Ruchard sighs and struggles to sit up

[Xandhil] does anyone *else* want a drink? [Justen] Me.

  • Adela shakes her head no.

[Adela] (maybe having been told not to trust any food/drink here ;)

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil pours one for Ruchard too :V
  • Ruchard accepts one gratefully

[Ruchard] Was everyone all right?

  • Ruchard asks, looking around and noticing some people not there

[Xandhil] yes [Xandhil] we came back the fast way - Kalman and Cesar will hopefully be here soon [Ruchard] good [Xandhil] so, uh... what happened the void shard?

  • Xandhil asks, passing him a drink
  • Ruchard takes a drink before answering

[Ruchard] It was supposed to be sealed off - that was what I understood, anyway. Evidently, it wasn't. [Ruchard] I couldn't destroy it, you can't destroy nothingness. But I sealed it away securely... possibly again.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] hopefully they can't just pull it out again from...wherever [Ruchard] Yes. That worries me slightly, since if it was properly sealed away before, it shouldn't have been accessible to them.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] maybe things had already decayed enough that it wasn't? [Ruchard] It's possible. [Ruchard] I did what I could to stabilize and expand the world...

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] well, we haven't seen much of it yet, but it *feels* better? [Ruchard] I tried to make sure there was enough farmland, animal life, things like that that had tended to dissolve away without attention.

  • Ruchard nods
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] but this is still temporary, right? [Ruchard] Yes... but I do think that the presence of the shard of void was making things much worse, much more quickly.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ruchard] With that locked away, and provided no other interference, I hope this realm will be stable for many years. [Ruchard] Which doesn't mean we should give up on others ways of trying to make it more permanent. [Ruchard] but there is more time now, and hopefully the people here will be safer in the meanwhile.

  • Xandhil nods

[Ruchard] I didn't... remove anyone. [Xandhil] where did you send them? [Ruchard] More or less to the end of the world ].] [Xandhil] ahh [Xandhil] ...not near Pavo's place, I hope @_@ [Ruchard] I tried to pick as isolated an area as I could. [Xandhil] okay [Xandhil] maybe they'll get lost :p [Justen] We can hope :p [Ruchard] I hope it was enough.

  • Ruchard sips his drink a bit more
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] thanks [Ruchard] thank you all. [Xandhil] I still wish I had a better idea of what their plan was [Ruchard] maybe she'll have more answers.

  • Ruchard says with a nod to Channel
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] maybe.... [Ruchard] I didn't send her away too because... I felt it was better for her not to be with them. [Ruchard] and she isn't nearly as much of a threat on her own, power-wise.

  • Xandhil is not confident
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] so ... Is Char just gone then? [Xandhil] if he... merged with the shard? [Ruchard] I believe so... at least, gone from this plane. [Ruchard] beyond that, I can't say.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] that's kind of worrying :p

  • Ruchard nods

[Justen] I was hoping you'd say 'obliterated'. [Ruchard] It could be. [Ruchard] I'm just not certain. [Xandhil] I was mostly worried because of his ability to join wth buildings and move through walls and stuff

  • Ruchard nods

[Ruchard] It's a reasonable worry... [Xandhil] I wasn't sure if he could have maybe joined with it in the same way [Ruchard] but he would be trapped, if it was possible for him to merge with the shard somehow. [Ruchard] At least, that's what I'm going to hope.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil is hope hope hoping that Char is not how they got it in the first place

[Xandhil] me too [Ruchard] I had to get out when I did... the longer I stayed there, the more the realm would have ... adapted to me. [Ruchard] and I don't feel it's my place to change it at that fundamental level, if that makes sense.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] no, it does [Xandhil] I mean - this place has its problems [Xandhil] but they aren't ours to mess with more than we have, I guess?

  • Ruchard nods

[Xandhil] now that things aren't actively falling apart, maybe people can try and make things work a little better :p [Ruchard] Who's to say I wouldn't make things worse, in ways I can't foresee... or just change people's lives so much that they're unrecognizable. [Adela] Yes.

  • Adela says, perking up a little at that

[Adela] It's our place to solve our own problems... as long as the world isn't ending. [Xandhil] right [Xandhil] so uh...

  • Xandhil looks at Channel
  • Justen as well

[Xandhil] I guess we should still wait before waking her up? ].] [Justen] Well.. I think we could handle her. She's tied up. [Justen] But Kalman might have other ideas. [Xandhil] 'other'? [Xandhil] or you mean just 'ideas' ;p

  • Justen shrugs

[Xandhil] if you actually have one, I'd love to hear it [Xandhil] other than just talking to her [Justen] I just meant he might want to ... I don't know, have spells ready when she wakes up. [Xandhil] ahh [Justen] Charms or whatever. [Xandhil] I have charms ;p [Justen] But you can do that stuff too.

  • Justen nods, smiling

[Xandhil] I'm very charming [Xandhil] ;p [Justen] I say we wake her, then, and you can charm her up if necessary.

  • Xandhil punches him in the arm a bit

[Xandhil] charms are My Thing :p [Justen ] I know! I said so :) [Justen] Anyway - if you want me to stand by ready to knock her out, I can do that. [Xandhil] I can probably knock her back out of we need to

  • Xandhil will charm her before waking her up

[Channel] (save DC?) [Xandhil] (17) [Channel] !roll 1d20+10

  • @BalthCat rolls for Channel: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 20 ].

[Xandhil] (].])

  • Xandhil will wake her up, anyway, I have no way of knowing if I've failed ;p

[Channel] (indeed...)

  • Channel stirs, tries to move, can't

[Channel] where am I? [Xandhil] back out of the Palace - safe. [Channel] who are you? where's Father?

  • Channel sounds scared

[Xandhil] He's safe too.... he's with Raina. [Xandhil] But they're not here right now.

  • Xandhil talks calmly

[Xandhil] I'm Xan. [Channel] it ... it didn't work. [Xandhil] Oh?

  • Channel sounds surprised and maybe... relieved?

[Xandhil] What was supposed to happen? [Channel] I was supposed to take over the world... [Xandhil] it sounds like maybe you weren't really looking forward to that

  • Xandhil says sympathetically

[Channel] well... it's a big responsibility.

  • Channel says seriously
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] definitely [Xandhil] I woudln't want to do it ewither [Xandhil] But I think the world will be okay for now [Channel] it will? [Xandhil] For now [Xandhil] the shard is gone [Xandhil] It was making things worse [Xandhil] do you know what Char was doing with it? [Channel] I'm not really sure... he talked to it a lot ].] [Xandhil] But he was working with...the Father and Raina? [Channel] or sometimes he just sat like he was listening to it. [Channel] well... he said it was the only way. [Channel] I don't think he ever really... saw things their way, but he knew it was necessary.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] Do you know how were you supposed to take over? [Channel] To go into the heart of the world... and once I was there, it would just happen. that's what they said. [Channel] but I couldn't get close enough :(

  • Xandhil looks at Ruchard

03* Adela is now known as Ruchard

  • Ruchard seems a little aghast if that was all the instructions they gave her.

[Ruchard] (then again maybe she's not telling everything...) [Xandhil] (I was going to ask about SM ].]) [DiablotinNarrator] (you can try that) [Xandhil] I don't believe that Father Willem and Raina wouldn't have been a little more prepared that that

  • Xandhil says, sounding surprised

[Xandhil] !roll 1d20+10

  • @BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 24 ].

[Channel] !roll 1d20+2

  • @BalthCat rolls for Channel: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 22 ].
  • Channel shifts uncomfortably in her restraints

[Channel] I don't think I should tell you. It could be dangerous. [Channel] Maybe you'd go and try to take over things. [Xandhil] definitely not @_@ [Xandhil] I'm really mostly interested academically [Xandhil] but it might be good to know in case someone else tries it

  • Kalman and Cesar arrive back at this point
  • Kalman enters the room, followed by Cesar, and Channel gives a little shriek and shrinks back.

[Kalman] o_O [Xandhil] It's okay [Xandhil] they're not going to hurt you [Xandhil] They didn't even want to hurt you before [Kalman] You're safe here.

  • Kalman tells her
  • Channel still seems frightened and has clammed up.

[Xandhil] :/ [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] Maybe you guys can tell us a little bit about how things look out there, then?

  • Xandhil shifts the focus of attention for a bit so that maybe she will relax a little ;p

[Kalman] The changes are subtle, as far as I could tell. But it seems more .. solid.

  • Xandhil nods

[Kalman] People have clearly noticed something - there were many people out in the streets, looking around...

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] but nothing crazy? [Xandhil] Probably people out towards the edges noticed more obvious changes

  • Kalman nods

[Xandhil] It *feels* different, even to me [Kalman] I think that's likely. Here, in the city, things were always more stable, more ... durable.

  • Xandhil nods

[Kalman] Pavo will probably have an interesting story to tell, though.

  • Xandhil smirks

[Xandhil] i'm sure he would anyway, but yes [Kalman] He usually does. [Xandhil] We were trying to find out a little more about what Father willem and Raina and Channel were trying to do...

  • Kalman nods
  • Xandhil looks over at Channel sympathetically

[Kalman] If I'm too terrifying, I can leave the room.

  • Kalman says a bit dryly.

[Xandhil] She thinks it would be dangerous to tell us [Xandhil] I was trying to convince her none of us would want the job @_@ [Xandhil] . o O (Although.... Adela might know people who would ;p) [Kalman] Well... none of us here, no. [Kalman] But I don't blame her if she wants to keep quiet for now.

  • Kalman says with a bit of a shrug
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] ...Were you going to stay in charge of the world forever?

  • Xandhil asks her

[Channel] well... once I was there, I could make it so I wouldn't get old or die ever. [Channel] so... yes. [Xandhil] huh [Xandhil] ...what were you going to *do* with it :o [Channel] Make it better.

  • Channel says with a bit of a glare at Kalman in particular
  • Kalman rolls his eyes just a little

[Xandhil] right.

  • Xandhil looks at Justen

[Justen] ? [Xandhil] well, now what? [Justen] well... [Justen] I think at some point we have to go home. [Justen] if we try to fix everything, we'll stay here forever. [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] I wanted to see about... fixing things permanently [Xandhil] the plane, I mean [Justen] I think we more than did what we were hired for @_@ [Xandhil] yes, but my ego knows no bounds ;p

  • Justen smiles

[Justen] I've noticed ;) [Justen] That might be a more long-term project, though. [Xandhil] I guess

  • Justen offers his hand

[Justen] I think they work on a different time-scale than we do, anyway. [Xandhil] okay

  • Xandhil takes hand

[Xandhil] . o O (It was such a good prayer though! :V) [Justen] Maybe we need to pray more. and harder. ;) [Xandhil] well, then... [Xandhil] heh

  • Justen teases, reading your mind

[Xandhil] ^-^ [Xandhil] I was thinking that ;)

  • Justen smiles

[Justen] Did you want to go now? [Xandhil] I guess? [Xandhil] I mean...

  • Xandhil looks at Kalman and Cesar particularly

[Xandhil] Sorry to stick you with a bit of a mess... But I don't know what more we can really do here ].] [Kalman] It's all right... [Kalman] We can work from here. [Justen] ... we could stay one more night, if you wanted ].]

  • Justen offers with a glance at you
  • Xandhil shrugs

[Xandhil] we could

  • Xandhil says agreeably

[Justen] seems rude to run away without proper farewells ].] [DiablotinNarrator] Cesar smirks at that ^-^

  • Kalman refuses to be too debaucherous in front of Channel and Adela, so he will maintain a decorous silence ;p

[Xandhil] If our hosts aren't going to be to too busy ].] [Cesar] We'll make time. [Adela] It makes most sense for us to take Channel.

  • Adela interrupts your flirty banter ;)

[Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] What do you think about that? ].]

  • Xandhil asks Channel ;p

03* Justen is now known as Channel [Channel] I'd rather go back to the undercity... I don't like it here. [Cesar] well... I think my sister would keep her safe, at any rate. [Xandhil] okay

  • Channel seems relieved at this prospect

[DiablotinNarrator] (That might partially mollify Mother Alma, too ;) [Xandhil] I guess if you wanted to take her now...? [Cesar] Do you need me to come with you?

  • Cesar offers

[Adela] I don't need the help. But Mother may want to speak with you. [Cesar] All right. I'm interested to see if the undercity's changed, anyway. [Cesar] I'll be back in a little while, then...

  • Cesar gives Kalman a kiss before he goes with them.

[Ruchard] I really ought to take my leave as well. I don't like to leave Imraen to her own devices for too long ].] [Xandhil] ahh, okay..

  • Xandhil considers that possibility @_@

[Xandhil] Thank you again...

  • Xandhil wonders if it would be weird to say it was an honour to work with him

[Ruchard] You're welcome... I hope it was enough. [Xandhil] way more than we'd have managed otherwise @_@ [Ruchard] Let Ilphere know I'll be in touch when I can. [Ruchard] And I hope we'll have the opportunity to meet again some day. [Xandhil] of course - and I hope so too!

  • Ruchard stands and makes a polite bow

[Ruchard] Farewell. [Xandhil] farewell

  • Xandhil will bow back, I guess?
  • Ruchard will make his departure, basically just.. disappearing.
  • Xandhil is not certain of the etiquette in dealing with ex-emperor dream travellers @_@

[Xandhil] wacky [Justen] yeah...

  • Kalman just looks a bit tired and overwhelmed

[Kalman] I'll see what we can arrange for dinner - something special, for your last evening here. [Xandhil] It's really not a big deal [Kalman] well... perhaps not. But I'd like to.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] well, thank you then [Xandhil] and if you wanted to go lie down for a little while... I would totally understand @_@ [Kalman] Maybe just for a little while.

  • Xandhil looks up at justen then

[Justen] A rest might be good... especially if we might not get much tonight ;) [Xandhil] That actually sounds pretty good to me, too @_@ [Xandhil] hah ;p

  • Justen will take you away to bed and give you snuggles until you both fall asleep [3