Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 11

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Homoventures session logs
Previous Homoventures Chapter 3, Part 11 Next

Summary

After performing a Sending to Ilphere to explain the situation, and receiving her reassurance that help will arrive soon, they go to the party at the El'ziior estate, meeting many people there.

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

[DiablotinNarrator] All right, so the plan was to get scrolls for the mending and sending? [Xandhil] yes [DiablotinNarrator] ok

  • Kalman can arrange that, but not until shortly before you're set to leave for the party
  • Kalman offers the sending one to you, and he can take care of the mending

[Xandhil] thank you

  • Xandhil will try and cast it, anyway @_@
  • Kalman gathers together the various shreds of paper you brought and will attempt the casting

[DiablotinNarrator] okay, so first you make either a Spellcraft check (DC 20+spell level) or cast Read Magic to understand the scroll...

  • Xandhil will cast rm

[DiablotinNarrator] okay [DiablotinNarrator] then you can automatically cast the spell, although you still have the 5% chance of failure for Sending to another plane [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d100

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 26 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] you're good :) [DiablotinNarrator] What do you want to say to Ilphere? [Xandhil] (I have to make a UMD roll? Or not because it is on my spell list even if it isn't one I can cast yet?) [DiablotinNarrator] (if it is on your spell list and you are of a level where you could cast it, you can do so automatically) [DiablotinNarrator] (oh hm, maybe you aren't high enough yet? if that's the case then there's a chance of mishap, but you can still try) [DiablotinNarrator] (I forget what level you are ;) [Xandhil] (Not high enough to cast 5th level spells ;) [Xandhil] (level 5) [DiablotinNarrator] then it's a caster level check (DC = scroll’s caster level + 1) to cast the spell successfully [DiablotinNarrator] (so the DC will be 10) [Xandhil] (caster level = ???) [DiablotinNarrator] d20 + your level [Xandhil] !roll 1d20

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 20 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] nice :) [Xandhil] (i'm good)

  • Xandhil casts the HECK out of that sending ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] heh [Xandhil] "Father Willem setting up his daughter named Channel to take over as dreamer. The dream realm is falling apart. He will act soon - what now?" [DiablotinNarrator] (okay, sec while I formulate an answer in 25 words or less ;) [Xandhil] ('kk) [DiablotinNarrator] "Plane must be stabilized, but not by him. More experienced help should contact you soon. If you can delay him safely, do. Otherwise, come home."

  • Xandhil feels relieved

[Justen] Well?

  • Justen asks when you seem to be done

[Xandhil] She's going to send someone else to help [Xandhil] she said 'soon [Xandhil] and that if we can delay him safely to do that [Justen] Okay... soon is good, I guess. [Justen] How will we know who the help is? [Xandhil] umm [Xandhil] well [Xandhil] I guess they'll know more than they should, at least [Justen] Okay [Justen] hopefully they'll be able to find us, whoever they are

  • Justen seems somewhat relieved as well
  • Xandhil hugs him
  • Justen hugs back in his skimpy outfit ;)

[Xandhil] mm :) [Xandhil] you look good [Justen] oh... thanks. I feel a little ridiculous, but I guess this is the sort of thing people wear here. [Xandhil] yeah [Justen] well, to parties anyway [Justen] hopefully people will like it ;) [Xandhil] I'm sure they will :) [Xandhil] hopefully not *too* much though ;)

  • Xandhil takes a deep breath

[Justen] it'll be okay. [Justen] You look nice too [Justen] only not as slutty ;) [Xandhil] well that's fair I think ].] [Xandhil] I'm feeling a little better, I think [Justen] okay, good [Justen] and we'll be sticking together no matter what

  • Justen says, giving you a reassuring squeeze
  • Kalman comes into the room with some still-rather-ragged-looking-but-less-so paper
  • Xandhil smiles

[Xandhil] any luck? [Kalman] well... sort of.

  • Kalman is eyeing it uncertainly

[Xandhil] oh? [Kalman] Some pieces were still missing, by the looks of things, but it's more readable now [Xandhil] is it gibberish? [Kalman] possibly.

  • Xandhil nods

[Kalman] possibly it's a code.

  • Xandhil nods

[Kalman] I'm willing to spend the night looking over it for any signs of sanity. [Xandhil] okay [Xandhil] if you don't have any luck while we're out... I can probably break it when we get back [Xandhil] Um.. [Xandhil] Not that you couldn't! I just have spells that would help

  • Kalman smiles slightly at that

[Kalman] I appreciate it. [Kalman] Well... the carriage is waiting downstairs - are you ready? [Xandhil] I think so. [Justen] All right. [Justen] I guess we'll see you later?

  • Kalman nods

[Kalman] It's not too late to have Cesar accompany you if you'd feel more comfortable having someone else you know there.

  • Justen glances at you

[Xandhil] oh.. [Xandhil] I think we'll be okay.

  • Xandhil considers that if they get in real trouble they can certainly get away, and wouldn't want to abandon Cesar if that were the case

[Xandhil] thank you, and him, though [Justen] Yeah... thank you [Kalman] Very well

  • Kalman passes you the formal invitation

[Kalman] Have you thought about what you'll tell them if they ask how you know me?

  • Kalman checks just in case you need some helpful lies ;)

[Xandhil] ahhh... [Xandhil] "through Lord Arsenii" is probably not a great answer, I suppose [Kalman] mm, no, probably not [Kalman] But I do have something of a reputation - exaggerated - for picking up strays.

  • Xandhil nods

[Justen] So we say you... picked us up? ^-^ [Kalman] That would be acceptably plausible. [Kalman] Honestly, they may not ask. [Xandhil] it is good to have something prepared, just in case

  • Kalman nods
  • Xandhil admits, though he is usually okay at making things up on the spot

[Kalman] I suspect there are already rumours about my new guests, in any case.

  • Xandhil nods

[Kalman] Do you wish me to have the coach remain until you're ready to depart? [Xandhil] well, we'll see if we can't live up to some of them, at least ;) [Kalman] heh

  • Xandhil looks to Justen

[Xandhil] we can probably make our own way back [Justen] um... we can probably find our own way back?

  • Justen nods
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] So no, thank you [Kalman] Very well [Kalman] Good luck, then. [Xandhil] thank you

  • Kalman bids you farewell and sends you on your way, then :)

[DiablotinNarrator] The carriage makes its way - a relatively short distance - to the El'ziior estate. [DiablotinNarrator] Did you have anything last-minute you needed to talk about with Justen before you get there? [Xandhil] (I don't thiiiink so?) [DiablotinNarrator] (kk) [DiablotinNarrator] After a brief inspection of the vak'andres carriage, you are permitted to enter the grounds

  • Justen takes your hand as you prepare to disembark
  • Xandhil clings :3
  • Justen will keep hold as you walk up the stairs to the main entrance, invitation in hand

[DiablotinNarrator] The door is opened by a handsome, naked young human man, both his neck and his cock collared. [Xandhil] . o O (annnnnnd here we go) 03* Kalman is now known as Slave

  • Slave smiles and holds his hand out for your invitation
  • Xandhil will pass it to him
  • Slave inspects it, but is interrupted by the arrival of a shadar-kai man whose hair has an unusual coppery sheen to it that contrasts strikingly with his slate-grey skin.

[Xandhil] (I suppose I should have looked at it, heh ].]) 03* NPC2 is now known as Rayze

  • Rayze was already in the house, I should clarify - not arriving behind you at the door ;)

[Rayze] Oh, what's this?

  • Rayze plucks the invite out of the slave's hand and looks you two over admiringly as he does so.

[Rayze] Kalman's guests? [Xandhil] Ahh, yes... [Justen] Yes, sir. [Xandhil] Good evening, mi'lord..

  • Rayze smiles at that

[Rayze] You're his latest foundlings then? He's got a good eye, I'll give him that.

  • Xandhil blushes a little

[Xandhil] I suppose we are at that.

  • Rayze chuckles

[Rayze] And shy too? [Justen] Not always ^-^ [Rayze] Well pets, come in, don't stand there in the doorway. [Rayze] You couldn't persuade him to come with you?

  • Justen steps inside as he's told

[Xandhil] We tried...

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Rayze] Oh, don't take it personally. He's quite a stick in the mud these days. [Justen] Not at home ;)

  • Xandhil smiles, and blushes again

[Rayze] Oh, very good! I'm glad he's having a little enjoyment of his own. [Justen] Not that little ;)

  • Justen smiles playfully

[Rayze] I like this one ;)

  • Rayze says to anyone who happens to be passing by

[Xandhil] . o O (Everyone likes Justen) [Xandhil] . o O (Mine ^-^)

  • Xandhil squeezes his hand

[Rayze] Let me show you around!

  • Justen squeezes back
  • Xandhil nods and will follow this guy ].]
  • Xandhil suspects he is our host but doesn't actually know

[Rayze] So tell me, how is my brother-in-law?

  • Rayze asks as you make your way further into the house

[Xandhil] Ahh, well, I think [Justen] He seems fine... we haven't known him that long, though, to compare. [Xandhil] he spends a lot of time reading

  • Rayze nods.

[Rayze] That sounds like Kalman. [Rayze] Well, tell him he should join me for tea one afternoon, if he can't bring himself to attend a social gathering with more than three people. [Xandhil] we shall. [Xandhil] You must be Lord ELiz'ior then? [Rayze] Oh, yes, gracious, I am frightfully rude. [Rayze] But you can call me Rayze. [Xandhil] (are our names on the invite?) [DiablotinNarrator] (probably Kalman filled them in - first names only, since I think that's all he knows?) [Xandhil] (*nod*) [Xandhil] I'm Xan, and this is Justen

  • Xandhil says, for clarification

[Rayze] A pleasure to meet you.

  • Rayze leads you into the main hall/orgy room

[Xandhil] you as well [DiablotinNarrator] There is music playing, a pair of dancers performing, and a faint haze of some kind of aromatic smoke in the room. There are probably about 50-75 people there, lounging around in various states of undress, nibbling on dainty bits of food, watching the performers, or conversing with others.

  • Rayze gestures to the room, indicating that all this is for your enjoyment

[Rayze] And of course there are private chambers as well, if you prefer... although I think I speak for most everyone when I say I hope you don't ^-^ [Xandhil] thanks...

  • Xandhil looks to Justen

[Xandhil] We'll see how things go, as far as ah... getting acquainted with the other guests

  • Justen nods, smiling

[Rayze] If you need anything, let any of the slaves know. [Xandhil] of course [Rayze] And if you don't hit it off with anyone else, I'd be delighted to .. get acquainted later.

  • Rayze offers with a wink
  • Xandhil smiles

[Xandhil] we will definitely keep that in mind

  • Justen grins back
  • Rayze will leave you to find your way around and settle in, then

[Xandhil] [q]So far so good? [Justen] [q] seems okay... where do we want to start?

  • Xandhil looks around @_@

[Xandhil] [q] Why are you asking me @_@

  • Xandhil leans into him a bit

[Justen] [q] I don't really know what the people we're looking for look like... maybe we should just find someone who seems friendly and start talking to them, and we can ask? [Justen] [q] or settle in and let people come to us?

  • Xandhil leans more

[Xandhil] [q] I like settling. But that is probably not the best way... :/

  • Justen wraps his arm protectively around you

[Justen] [q] well, it doesn't hurt to settle for a little bit, and try to overhear some things, maybe [Justen] [q] if we haven't figured out who we need to be talking to after a half hour or so, we can try a more assertive approach? [Justen] [q] besides, I kind of want to try some of those little snacks

  • Justen says with a wink
  • Xandhil smiles at that
  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil is hoping not to get drugged @_@

[Xandhil] [q] tell me if I start to get out of it, I don't know what's in any of this stuff... [DiablotinNarrator] Honestly the smoke/fog in the room is a bit heady anyway - even leaving aside any of the food or drink, just breathing might be making you a little bit more relaxed/loose

  • Xandhil figured
  • Justen nods
  • Justen looks around for a place to sit that has a good view of the room

[Justen] over there?

  • Justen suggests, pointing to a couch by a low table
  • Xandhil nods
  • Justen leads you over that way, winding through a few other groups of people, smiling and nodding to them politely as he goes
  • Xandhil follows
  • Xandhil smiles

[DiablotinNarrator] A slave (also naked, also collared) appears shortly after you sit down with offers of drinks and snacks

  • Justen helps himself to a wineglass and some little nibbly things
  • Xandhil will do the same
  • Justen lounges ^-^
  • Xandhil lounges on Justen
  • Justen gives you little kisses in between snacks and eyeing the rest of the room
  • Xandhil tries to keep in mind that 'fawn over Justen' is not actually the agenda

[DiablotinNarrator] The dancers are a man and a woman, lithe and mostly naked and obviously highly skilled. You notice that their skin is decorated extensively with pale scars or tattoos of some sort, and that they emit a faint... ringing? sound as they move. [Xandhil] see there are male belldancers...

  • Xandhil watches the boy one

[Justen] I guess so... it's kind of neat. [Justen] Do they ring when they fuck? ;) [Xandhil] yeah [Xandhil] you're sexier though

  • Justen smiles

[Justen] maybe we can find out who he belongs to and borrow him ;) [Xandhil] Probably Rayze? [Justen] I guess, yeah. unless people bring their own to these sorts of parties? [Xandhil] bit hmmm maybe not [Xandhil] I don't know [Xandhil] two seems like a lot?

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] maybe he's *really* rich [Justen] maybe... it *is* a pretty nice place. [DiablotinNarrator] maybe a spot check is in order here :) [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20+3

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 13 ].

[Xandhil] !roll 1d20+7

  • BalthCat rolls for Xandhil: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 19 ].
  • Xandhil checks for spots ].]

[DiablotinNarrator] You look around the room - mostly of course it's people you don't know or recognize, but you do spot one unexpectedly familiar ... well, not face exactly, since he's wearing a mask. But you're reasonably sure Ardent is there with ... some girl.

  • Xandhil is not surprised
  • Xandhil waves covertly at him

[Xandhil] [q] Hey Ardent is here all incognito

  • Justen glances over and nods in his direction too

[Justen] [q] great, maybe he can tell us who we're looking for ;) [Xandhil] (is the girl cozovode?)

  • Xandhil nods

[DiablotinNarrator] The girl could be half, maybe? She has a tint of that sort of grey tone to her skin, it reminds you a little of your brothers' colouring actually. Her hair is black and half-shaved (the underneath half, the rest is tied back in a ponytail). And she has quite a few tattoos that are visible beneath her translucent outfit. [Xandhil] do you wanna go say hi? [Justen] Sure.. it's as good a place to start as any.

  • Justen nudges you... you're mostly on top of him, so you have to get up first ;)
  • Xandhil snuggles down, then sighs, and moves to get up
  • Xandhil will go with Justen over towards their mysterious masked friend
  • Ardent notices you coming over and sort of looks a bit nervous, but smiles

[Justen] Hi there :)

  • Justen says once you're close to them

[Justen] Did you try these little cheese things? they're really good [Ardent] Oh, uh.. not yet, no. [DiablotinNarrator] The girl who's lounging with him looks over at you with a sort of blank look that - if it were on your brother Dez, who she kinda looks like a little - would say 'I'm evaluating you'

  • Xandhil tries to appear harmless O:)

[Ardent] Cori, this is Justen and Xan... friends of mine

  • Corisende nods politely but looks a bit bored

[Justen] You're just as beautiful as he described you :)

  • Justen says to the girl, who musters a bit of a smile at that

[Corisende] Thanks... [Ardent] [q] I'm not really supposed to be here, but she got me in. [Xandhil] I figured [Xandhil] but we won't say anything

  • Ardent nods
  • Corisende is mostly watching the dancers, not you guys
  • Xandhil follows her gaze

[Xandhil] Do they both belong to Rayze? [Corisende] Hm? No, the girl is his, but the boy ... is complicated. [Xandhil] oh?

  • Corisende shrugs

[Xandhil] he's pretty [Corisende] He's my brother. Half brother. [Xandhil] ahh [Corisende] He works at the embassy, same as me. [Xandhil] Does anyone own him, then? [Corisende] Mm... I suppose Ydeline, like she owns all of us to one degree or another. [Corisende] She paid for him to be trained, at least.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Xandhil peers a little more closely at him

[Xandhil] (does he look cozovode, and are there any other similarities?) [DiablotinNarrator] The young male dancer is a mix of races - he's not quite human, not quite Cozovode, not quite shadar-kai, but with elements of any and all of them. His skin is a pale porcelain, his hair is silvery-blond, he's very beautiful. [Xandhil] What's his name? [Corisende] Evaldas.

  • Xandhil nods

[Corisende] We have the same father.

  • Corisende clarifies
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] . o O (Sendhel @_@)

  • Corisende sips her drink
  • Xandhil is happy to be distracted by pretty boys and triiiiies not to think about that too hard

[Ardent] So... what brings you two here? [Justen] Kalman's invitation :) [Xandhil] oh um... that and vague social aspirations, yeah [Xandhil] he thought it would be a good opportunity for us to meet people. [Justen] And not being able to turn down the promise of a good time ;) [Ardent] Oh, well, this should be that at least.

  • Xandhil nods

[DiablotinNarrator] The dancers finish their performance and there is some applause from the crowd before they go to take a break and mingle... [Xandhil] . o O (I am terrible at coming to parties to have fun -_-) [Corisende] Did you want to meet him? [Xandhil] uhhh, sure!

  • Xandhil says, a little nervously
  • Corisende waves to him and he makes his way over, glistening with sweat and wearing just a pair of close-fitting breeches
  • Xandhil can't help check him out ].]
  • Xandhil leans into Justen though
  • Xandhil is vaguely trying to evaluate whether not not he looks like this guy ].]
  • Evaldas may have a few superficial similarities to you - fine, fair hair, slight of build, pretty... but you don't have a creepy 'looking into a distorted mirror' feeling

[Xandhil] . o O (okay, so it is just ego then ].])

  • Xandhil watches Justen's reaction ].]
  • Justen seems intrigued

[Xandhil] (yeah I bet ;) [Evaldas] How was I? ^-^

  • Corisende shrugs

[Xandhil] I thought you were really good [Corisende] You covered for your little mistake on the floorwork, I doubt anyone else noticed. [Evaldas] Not my fault! [Evaldas] And, thank you :D

  • Evaldas says, shooting you a smile

[Justen] Yeah, amazing

  • Xandhil smiles back
  • Evaldas 's tattoos are quite intricate closer-up, and you can see the faint little bulges under his skin where the bells are presumably implanted.
  • Xandhil tries not to get tooo distracted looking at them

[Justen] So... can I ask if it hurt? the, uh... all that?

  • Corisende chuckles along with her brother
  • Xandhil tries not to roll his eyes

[Evaldas] Everything beautiful involves suffering, darling ;) [Evaldas] My dear sister did some of the work, you can compliment her. [Xandhil] oh? [Xandhil] which?

  • Evaldas points to some of the designs on his arms, and one on his back

[Xandhil] that is really nice [Corisende] Thank you.

  • Justen nods

[Justen] It's so detailed. [Evaldas] You want a closer look? ^-^ [Justen] Sure.

  • Evaldas holds out his arms to Justen, letting him examine as closely as he wants
  • Xandhil looks too :3
  • Justen runs his hands lightly over his forearms

[Justen] Wow... [Xandhil] hmm? [Justen] Feel... the texture and everything, it's so...

  • Evaldas just smiles, content to be admired
  • Xandhil traces if it seems to be permitted
  • Evaldas seems perfectly used to being fondled/poked/prodded ^-^

[Xandhil] (I bet ].]) [Xandhil] very impressive [Evaldas] Thank you... [Evaldas] I don't think I've seen you before - are you new? [Evaldas] Because I don't see how I could have missed a pair of lovely men like you. [Xandhil] New, yeah [Justen] This isn't our usual environment :) [Evaldas] Ooh? [Justen] We're not nearly this classy ;)

  • Evaldas chuckles at that
  • Xandhil just smiles

[Evaldas] You seem to be fitting in fine. [Justen] Well, with enough lubricant... ^-^

  • Justen gestures with his glass of wine even though that is clearly not what he meant ;)
  • Evaldas and everyone else laugh
  • Xandhil laughs, but also blushes

[Xandhil] . o O (Come on Xan, you can be smoother than this, really...) [Evaldas] Oh, what a shy boy :)

  • Evaldas smiles sweetly at you

[Justen] He's only shy at first ;)

  • Justen says, wrapping his arm around you

[Xandhil] I do better in smaller groups ;) [Evaldas] Mm, I bet you do. [Evaldas] Maybe we'll see about that later ;) [Evaldas] Right now, I should be sociable and mingle...

  • Xandhil smiles more slyly
  • Evaldas says, a tiny bit reluctantly

[Xandhil] later then

  • Evaldas slides up against you and Justen as he leaves
  • Justen takes the opportunity to grope him
  • Evaldas seems perfectly fine with that
  • Xandhil will just oggle for now
  • Ardent is nestled up against Corisende

[Justen] So... who else should we meet who's here? Anyone especially important? ;) [DiablotinNarrator] As he's asking, a pair of gladiators (both male) take the place of the dancers and begin a mock-fight [Corisende] Well, two of the Irrdin'errin, that's not too bad for a little party like this.

  • Corisende nods to a tall, white-haired and white-skinned woman, who has a little circle of people gathered around her hanging off her every word.

[Xandhil] Coramance?

  • Corisende nods

[Corisende] And Theron

  • Corisende says, gesturing to a younger SK man with pretty pewter curls and a slightly lost look

[Corisende] Poor thing. [Xandhil] hmm?

  • Corisende shrugs

[Corisende] [q] He's pretty, but not quite all there.

  • Xandhil nods

[Corisende] [q] I suppose they don't pick them for their social skills, though. [Xandhil] [q]what *do* they get picked for? @_@ [Corisende] [q] Visions, magical power, mystical claptrap... or sometimes just good connections, I suppose.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] makes sense I guess

  • Xandhil says with a half shrug

[Corisende] [q] They're all casters, I mean... some stronger than others. He's new, though.

  • Corisende scans the room a bit more.

[Corisende] Shit...

  • Corisende says, looking at the door, where a small group just came in

[Xandhil] hmm? [Corisende] [q] Kizers.

  • Xandhil glances towards the door

[Xandhil] oh. [Corisende] [q] could be worse... it's just the younger ones.

  • Ardent tenses up, looking at them and then forcing himself to look away so he's not staring
  • Corisende strokes his arm

[Corisende] [q] Nothing for you to worry about, honey.

  • Xandhil glances casually as one might to see who is coming in

[Xandhil] . o O (phew no Pheria @_@) [Corisende] [q] Just don't pick a fight with Izeil and he shouldn't bother us. [Justen] [q] which one shouldn't we pick a fight with?

  • Justen checks

[Corisende] [q] Well I'm not worried about you :p but Izeil is the one with the tentacle. Easy to spot. [Xandhil] [q] nice [DiablotinNarrator] You can easily pick out the guy she's presumably talking about. He's the arrogant-looking one, medium skin tone (well, for here certainly darker than most humans, anyway), dark brown hair, with the thick, tapering tentacle twisting from his shoulder down to his waist. [Ardent] [q] fucking bastard [Corisende] [q] yes, but shut up, darling

  • Corisende says firmly, and he does

[Xandhil] [q] Who are the others? [Corisende] [q] His sister Zofi, and Ared and Lelia are their cousins. I just really hope they don't notice Evaldas... but what are the odds of that :p [Justen] [q] He seems like he's made to get noticed. [Corisende] [q] Pretty much. [Corisende] [q] It's just sort of awkward... I'm sure if they say anything, he'll brush it off. [Corisende] [q] Nobody's going to start any trouble. Right?

  • Corisende says with a pointed look at Ardent

[Ardent] [m] right :/

  • Xandhil nods

[DiablotinNarrator] The Kizer group sort of flounce in and take over a pair of couches on the opposite side of the room from you guys, fortunately [Justen] [q] So there's some history there I guess? [Corisende] [q] Oh... like you wouldn't believe. Too long to explain it all now. [Xandhil] [q] some other time, maybe [Ardent] [q] Zofi and Izeil's mother is also Evaldas's mother, except she dumped him on the embassy for looking too elven and not being able to pass off as her husband's kid. That's the really, really short version of family awkwardness. [Corisende] [q] Oversimplified, but not inaccurate.

  • Xandhil raises his eyebrows

[Xandhil] [q] that does sound complicated [Xandhil] . o O (But not entirely surprising ].]) [Ardent] [q] Not that either of the others are necessarily her husband's either. but they look human enough to pass :p [Xan] heh [Xan] [q] well hopefully the party atmosphere will keep things from getting out of hand

  • Xan trails a hand vaguely through the smoke

[Justen] We can hope so :)

[DiablotinNarrator] so I believe last time Kizer, party of 4, had just come in :) [@BalthCat] * Mother Alma shivs the party of 4, leaves. [Xandhil] (indeed!) [DiablotinNarrator] it's not even the right Kizers, Cat ;) [DiablotinNarrator] you'd be shiving totally innocent kizers ].] [@BalthCat] ([Mother Alma] Innocent eh? ]:| [DiablotinNarrator] young and uncorrupted [DiablotinNarrator] ... ish [@BalthCat] ( * Mother Alma points at her List of Signs of Guilt, entry #200 "Being at this party." ) [Xandhil] (hah) [DiablotinNarrator] heh [Xandhil] (we almost brought Cesar ;)

  • Justen looks over and gives you a 'what now?' look
  • Xandhil sort of shrugs and looks out around the room for other people to mingle with

[Justen] [w] Should we go try to talk to whatshername, Coramance? [Xandhil] [w] I guess? [Xandhil] [w] I mean... yes, but I don't know how :p [Justen] [w] oh... I can handle that, I think :)

  • Justen offers you his hand
  • Xandhil takes it
  • Justen gives a polite nod to Ardent and Corisende.

[Justen] We're going to mingle a bit - see you later, maybe :)

  • Xandhil smiles at them and follows along with Justen

[Xandhil] [w]What are you planning? [DiablotinNarrator] You head on a somewhat winding path through the crowd, avoiding most of the obstacles in your way [Justen] [w] I'm going to tell her how beautiful she is. that's always a good start, right? [Xandhil] [w] ahh, sure? [Justen] [w] unless you think that's a bad idea? [Xandhil] [w] I... guess we'll see?

  • Justen nods

[Xandhil] [w] Like I know how to talk to women :p

  • Justen chuckles
  • Coramance is easily six feet tall or even more, it's a bit hard to tell since she's lounging
  • Coramance 's white hair is piled up in some kind of complicated knot and she's wearing a dress that clings to her (considerable) curves, slit up to the thigh
  • Xandhil can tell she is certainly the kind of woman who likes being told she is hot, at least ;p

[Justen] [w] She's the dominant type, pretty sure. I'll make sure to be properly humble ;)

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] [w] should I just hang back :p [Xandhil] [w]... You remember what we need to talk about right? [Justen] [w] mm, I want you with me... in case. and I think we just have to try and get her to agree to change the execution plans, right? [Xandhil] [w] change, or at least delay [Xandhil] [w] long enough for backup

  • Justen nods

[Justen] [w] okay... ready? you don't have to do anything you don't want to, of course.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] [w] okay

  • Justen gives you a smile
  • Xandhil seems a little more together thinking about why we are here and when he is not just flailing about the 'party' aspect

[Justen] Excuse me, my lady...

  • Justen says as he approaches her with you in tow
  • Coramance glances up at him
  • Xandhil hangs back just a little

[Coramance] Yes? [Justen] I.. I was so amazed at your beauty, I needed to let you know.

  • Justen makes sure to stammer and blush and look appropriately nervous
  • Coramance arches an eyebrow, but chuckles slightly

[Coramance] Is that it? [Justen] That's up to you.

  • Justen says in his most respectful/submissive phrasing
  • Coramance smiles at that

[Coramance] You can sit - down there.

  • Coramance gestures to the end of her couch, where her feet are
  • Justen will do as he's told
  • Xandhil is less sure what he should do at this point, but will just stand behind Justen ].]
  • Coramance sets her feet on his lap

[Coramance] What about your little friend - is he just dumbstruck?

  • Justen glances to you, then back at her

[Justen] He's... I'm his, but he doesn't mind sharing sometimes ;)

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Xandhil] I'm just concerned he'll get swept away

  • Coramance laughs at that

[Coramance] No promises.

  • Xandhil smirks

[Xandhil] I warn you, he bears watching [Coramance] Troublesome, is he? [Xandhil] he can be [Coramance] He's certainly forward.

  • Xandhil ruffles his hair
  • Justen blushes
  • Xandhil nods

[Coramance] I haven't seen either of you before - I'm sure I would have remembered you. [Coramance] Are you friends with Rayze? [Justen] Friend of a friend...

  • Xandhil nods

[Coramance] Oh?

  • Coramance seems to want a little more info than that

[Justen] Lord vak'Andres invited us.

  • Justen says after a moment

[Coramance] Ahh.

  • Coramance smiles at that too

[Coramance] You do look like his type.

  • Coramance says to Justen
  • Xandhil gives a little longsuffering sigh, as if to imply he is everyone's type
  • Justen smiles

[Coramance] Is Kalman here? I didn't see him.

  • Coramance glances around

[Xandhil] No... [Xandhil] he gave us his invitation [Justen] He said he knew he was horribly dull for young men like us and told us to go out and have some fun, then come back and tell him about it ;)

  • Justen may be exaggerating slightly ;)
  • Coramance seems amused by that

[Coramance] Does he want to hear about your escapades with women, though? ;) [Justen] .. we can be imaginative if he wants to hear something different ^-^ [Coramance] oh, I don't know if that's necessary. There are plenty of gentlemen here who would be happy to assist you in creating some ... interesting stories.

  • Justen glances at you with a slight smile
  • Xandhil smiles back

[Justen] is that something you'd like to watch, my lady? I'd do that for you, if you wanted.

  • Justen asks, turning his attention back to Coramance

[Xandhil] well, the party is only getting started, isn't it? [Coramance] Indeed... but your pet here seems quite impatient. I see what you mean about him.

  • Coramance rubs her foot over Justen's groin
  • Justen squirms, pushing back against her
  • Xandhil smiles

[Xandhil] I told you

  • Coramance gives him an indulgent sigh/smile

[Xandhil] He does put on a nice show, though [Coramance] Hmmm :) [Coramance] I have a friend who'd like to meet you. [Coramance] He likes shows too ;) [Xandhil] oh? [Coramance] Mm. [Xandhil] . o o (danger! Danger!) [Coramance] Do you prefer a bit more privacy? this one seems like he might be a show-off when he gets going. [Xandhil] that depends on how distracted I am

  • Xandhil smirks again
  • Coramance grins
  • Coramance stretches and sits up, then stands, rather towering over you both

[Justen] I do like it better with an audience ;)

  • Justen says with a glance at you that suggests he's trying to fend off a "let's go somewhere else" request before it appears

[Coramance] Mm, I bet you do.

  • Coramance reaches down to stroke his hair

[Coramance] how about I find you one? [Justen] ... all right... but you'll come back too, right?

  • Justen pleads prettily

[Coramance] Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world. [Coramance] Stay here. You can get ready if you like, but don't start without me ]:D

  • Coramance wanders off

[Justen] [w]... is it going okay, you think?

  • Justen asks once she's out of earshot

[Xandhil] [w] well... I don't know how we are going to make the transition, but we'll figure it out ;p [Justen] [w] friend is a guy... that's probably good, right? ;) [Xandhil] ].] [Xandhil] [w] we'll see [Justen] [w] what's that mean - we'll see if he's hot? ;) [Xandhil] [w] we'll see who it is

  • Justen strokes your leg

[Justen] she did say we could get ready ... ^-^ [Xandhil] [w] what if its Marel ;p [Justen] [w] then we'll hope he just wants to watch

  • Justen is definitely 'ready' already ].]
  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] [w] Anyway you don't need my help, I see ^-^

  • Xandhil will lean down to kiss you anyway

[Justen] I always need you ^-^ [Xandhil] charmer

  • Justen grins and kisses you back

[Xandhil] mmm [Xandhil] I'm not clear on my roll here... [Xandhil] I guess I'll just play it by ear? [Justen] yeah... I hope it's okay I made it like you're in charge? ;) [Xandhil] I can work with it [Justen] so if you want to, you can just sit back and tell me what to do

  • Xandhil nods
  • Coramance returns a few minutes later with a tall, dark-skinned, dark-haired shadar-kai man - he makes a striking contrast to her pale skin and hair.

[Coramance] Loik, these are the lovely boys I was telling you about. [Loik] I see ^-^

  • Xandhil looks up
  • Loik has an anticipatory smile
  • Justen scrambles up to his feet

[Loik] oh don't stop on my account, if you were in the middle of something [Xandhil] just a warm up

  • Justen nods
  • Coramance sits herself down again, and Loik joins her on the couch

[Coramance] you can stay on your knees if you like

  • Coramance instructs Justen
  • Justen gets back down again like a good boy
  • Coramance beckons him over, and he crawls to her to let her stroke his hair
  • Loik smiles to you, a calm, cool smile

[Loik] Does he do tricks? [Xandhil] some [Xandhil] he does take orders well [Xandhil] but I'm afraid he isn't very patient

  • Loik nods

[Loik] Patience can be improved with training. [Loik] The willingness to take orders is much more difficult to teach, so it's good he's already got that.

  • Xandhil nods

[Xandhil] he's easily motivated

  • Coramance is reaching down to stroke justen's chest where it's exposed by the leather straps of his 'outfit'.

[Loik] oh? what does he respond well to? [Xandhil] mm, better to reward than punishment

  • Xandhil admits

[Xandhil] usually

  • Loik nods, listening

[Xandhil] try him and see?

  • Xandhil suggests

[Coramance] Punishing him would be enjoyable... but he'd have to deserve it. [Loik] you're not going to keep him all to yourself, are you?

  • Loik asks her

[Coramance] Mm, no... I wouldn't have invited you otherwise, silly. You can play with him first, and if you think he does well enough... maybe I'll reward him.

  • Coramance tips Justen's chin up

[Coramance] Go and do what Loik tells you now.

  • Justen nods and obediently turns his attention to Loik
  • Justen reaches out to stroke his leg but Loik takes his wrist in one hand and holds him

[Loik] So impatient. [Loik] You're quite right

  • Coramance is already rearranging her skirt

[Xandhil] My apologies [Coramance] it's all right [Coramance] I didn't expect a long session after that ;) [Coramance] the entire thing was very enjoyable, though, thank you [Xandhil] He thinks its rude to leave a partner unsatisfied [Coramance] oh, the dear boy.

  • Xandhil says, petting his hair

[Coramance] Listen - I'm very pleased with you, and with everything you did, and you're a lovely boy.

  • Coramance tells him kindly

[Coramance] I'll have other chances to have that sort of satisfaction tonight, but I doubt anyone will be quite as delightful as you've been. [Coramance] And if it's still bothering you later, you can always come see me again ;) [Coramance] But right now, you need to recover for a little while. Have a drink, maybe.

  • Justen nods weakly, leaning against you.
  • Xandhil nods and will wave over a slave to get him a drink

[Loik] Too soft on them ;)

  • Loik mutters with a smile.
  • Justen accepts a drink gratefully
  • Loik refastens his trousers, which he never actually took all the way off (because leather, and tight ;)
  • Xandhil understands ;)
  • Loik stands, stretching, seeming quite content as well
  • Xandhil is still trying to figure out how to even bring up the Father Willem thing :p

[Loik] I'm glad you thought to invite me over, Coramance. Very entertaining. [Loik] And thank you as well.

  • Loik says to you and Justen

[Xandhil] quite welcome [Xandhil] it was a very good show [Justen] thank you too

  • Justen manages to say between drinks
  • Loik wanders off again, leaving you with Coramance
  • Xandhil falls thoughtful for a moment

[Xandhil] Speaking of shows, of a different nature... [Coramance] hm?

  • Coramance turns her gaze to you

[Xandhil] Can you tell me - I heard that Father Willem was captured, and he's going to be executed in the arena? [Coramance] Yes, that's the case.

  • Xandhil nods slowly

[Xandhil] hmm. [Coramance] Why, do you want box seats for it or something? [Xandhil] No. [Xandhil] Not at all. [Xandhil] I don't think I want to be anywhere near the place.

  • Coramance nods

[Coramance] I can quite understand that. I find the arena vulgar in any case. [Xandhil] I heard that he's planning something [Coramance] oh? [Xandhil] that his witch seer was saying he has some kind of plan [Xandhil] and that being captured was part of it

  • Coramance looks a bit puzzled

[Xandhil] Maybe it is just crazy talk... [Xandhil] but he's been crazy and free for...decades?

  • Coramance nods

[Coramance] So you think that it's part of his ... plan, such as it may be? [Xandhil] I don't know, but, if I was i charge of the event... I'd want to be as sure as possible before I proceeded [Coramance] I see... [Coramance] I'll bring this up with the rest of the council.

  • Xandhil nods, looking a little relieved

[Xandhil] I feel better to hear that. [Coramance] There's no guarantee that it will change their plans, but ... I can at least inform them of the possibility.

  • Xandhil nods

[Coramance] But for now... you should enjoy yourself too. [Coramance] You seem... tense ;) [Xandhil] I hope to!

  • Coramance smiles

[Xandhil] it's early yet [Coramance] Good, I'm glad. [Coramance] Hopefully he's not too tired out for more fun later ;) [Justen] I'll manage somehow ^-^

  • Xandhil smiles

[Xandhil] I have confidence in you, dear

  • Justen kisses you

[Justen] should I even bother to put my clothes back on? ;)

  • Xandhil kisses back, letting his hands roam

[Xandhil] I do like you naked, but you might have an easier timekeeping track of them for when we *do* leave

  • Justen will gather them up and put them back on for now, then

[Justen] there's not that much of them ^-^ [Xandhil] all the easier for them to get lost ^-^

  • Justen nods
  • Coramance seems amused by your banter

[Xandhil] would you care for your couch back, my lady?

  • Xandhil offers to let her lounge again

[Coramance] Thank you, yes. Enjoy the rest of your evening. [Xandhil] you as well!

  • Justen leans on you a little as you walk away
  • Xandhil will stand and give her a little bow, and then sweep Justen away

[Justen] [w] good?

  • Justen nods, smiling
  • Xandhil will kiss him again
  • Justen kisses back

[DiablotinNarrator] You're making your way back across the room. Ardent and Corisende aren't where you left them, you're not sure where they've gone to - maybe off to be together. [Xandhil] [w] Now what? [DiablotinNarrator] But your attention is grabbed for a moment by a sound - a cry that doesn't sound entirely pleasurable. [Xandhil] ...

  • Xandhil looks at Justen
  • Justen looks around to see where it came from

[Xandhil] [w] It might not be anything you can help. Or should...

  • Xandhil says, thinking of the slaves

[DiablotinNarrator] It's from the Kizer group - as you look over you can see they have Evaldas spread out on a table, the two girls holding down his arms, one of the guys grabbing his ankles, and the man with the tentacle is stroking it down his body as he talks to him, too quietly for you to hear. [Justen] ... [Xandhil] ... [Xandhil] Oooor not [Justen] That, I think we can do something about. [Xandhil] yup

  • Justen will head more purposefully in that direction, then.
  • Xandhil will follow
  • Xandhil will use his innate detect thoughts rather than casting the spell

[DiablotinNarrator] Okay

  • Xandhil puts a hand on Justen's arm for a moment
  • Justen pauses, looking at you
  • Xandhil ooc hopes no one here has psychic poison ].]

[DiablotinNarrator] Well, obviously there are minds present! [Xandhil] (although now that I think about it, the spell would probably be harder to resist ].]) [DiablotinNarrator] probably about, oh, 20 or something within the range? [DiablotinNarrator] I'm not gonna list all their Int scores ;) [DiablotinNarrator] if you want to focus in on the Kizers, I can tell you those [Xandhil] (them and Evaldas) [DiablotinNarrator] 'k [DiablotinNarrator] Let's say Izeil - 18, Zofi - 14, Ared - 10, Lelia - 16, Evaldas - 14 [DiablotinNarrator] (not that I really have stats for all of them ;) [Xandhil] (fair enough ;)

  • Xandhil feels superiors ;)

[DiablotinNarrator] what is the DC on the save? [Xandhil] (sec) [Xandhil] (17, sorr, I had to check of SLAs work ;) [DiablotinNarrator] np :) [Xandhil] (apparenlty they always go off Charisma) [DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 2 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 11 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 9 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 7 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] !roll 1d20

  • @BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 1 ].

[DiablotinNarrator] hah [DiablotinNarrator] well, lucky for you they all rolled for shit @_@ [Xandhil] (hee, no kidding @_@. Who rolled the 1?) [DiablotinNarrator] I went in the order I wrote them down above [DiablotinNarrator] so, Evaldas [DiablotinNarrator] but he might be a little distracted [DiablotinNarrator] ;) [Xandhil] (maybe ;) [DiablotinNarrator] the only one who might have made it is Zofi, but I don't think she's high enough level [DiablotinNarrator] So... yeah [Xandhil] (well, then, gimme their tasty brainthinks ;) [DiablotinNarrator] Izeil is mostly along the lines of "teach him a lesson, thinks he's so clever, bastard son of a whore" and some detailed plans for making Evaldas suffer while still getting away with pretending it's just a sexy game [DiablotinNarrator] Ared and Lelia are inclined to go along with the 'fun', although Lelia has some mild concern about whether they'll get in trouble [DiablotinNarrator] Zofi is more worried about what Izeil will do to her if she doesn't go along with it, and secondarily worried about getting into trouble more generally, and thirdly, distantly, hoping Evaldas doesn't get too hurt and wishing they hadn't run into him [DiablotinNarrator] Evaldas is "shitshitshitshitshit" [Xandhil] (cool. I cast glibness) [DiablotinNarrator] Ok. [DiablotinNarrator] (brb bathroom) [Xandhil] (d'oh, suspense ^-^) [DiablotinNarrator] (back, sorry) [DiablotinNarrator] so, yes, you can cast it

  • Xandhil nods to Justen then

[Xandhil] I think I've got this [Justen] Okay... [Justen] Should I hang back? [Xandhil] just... go along with what I say :) [Xandhil] . o O (in case I *don't* got this ].])

  • Justen nods
  • Xandhil makes his way more directly over to the unfolding scene, looking a little perplexed/put out

[Izeil] ...your ass, but you'd like that, wouldn't you...

  • Xandhil will sit on the edge of the table where they have Evaldas held down
  • Izeil is saying almost in a whisper to Evaldas as you get closer
  • Evaldas 's eyes flick over to you and widen a bit

[Xandhil] I thought you said you were free later? [Izeil] You're interrupting

  • Izeil says in a deadly calm voice

[Xandhil] Well, technically you're interrupting my plans. [Xandhil] I mean [Xandhil] Unless you're planning on leaving him useable

  • Xandhil smiles
  • Izeil actually looks over at you for the first time

[Izeil] Who are you, exactly? [Xandhil] I'm Xan. And you are?

  • Izeil gives you a 'surely you know who I am' look of disbelief
  • Xandhil continues giving a blandly curious look

[Izeil] Izeil Kizer [Xandhil] Oh, hmm, I suppose the tentacle *should* have given it away. [Xandhil] But you never know.

  • Xandhil shrugs

[Xandhil] It is very much a pleasure to meet you..

  • Xandhil looks down at Evaldas

[Xandhil] but you *did* promise [Evaldas] I... I did @_@ [Xandhil] yes, right after Rayce introduced us?

  • Evaldas nods, as much as he can anyway

[Xandhil] Of course if you weren't serious.. [Xandhil] I'll withdraw with my apologies

  • Xandhil nods to Izeil

[Evaldas] No, I .. I was. I did promise.

  • Izeil looks irritated
  • Xandhil looks apologetically at him

[Xandhil] I'm sure you get to attend many more of these events that I might - I do hope to make the most of it [Xandhil] while i'm sure you;ll have other chances to do....whatever you like

  • Xandhil smiles knowingly
  • Izeil thins his lips, but nods to his sister and cousins, who let go of Evaldas

[Izeil] Next time

  • Izeil tells Evaldas

[Xandhil] Have a good time

  • Xandhil tells Izeil, obliviously
  • Evaldas practically swarms onto your arm, smiling fetchingly

[Evaldas] I was starting to think you'd forgotten! [Xandhil] Hardly!

  • Evaldas says brightly (or faux-brightly, anyway)

[Xandhil] Justen just got us a little sidetracked with lady Coramance... [Evaldas] oh yes, she's such a lovely woman - one of Izeil's mother's associates, of course, on the council, you know

  • Evaldas says with a smile

[Xandhil] I am aware... [Evaldas] Oh, well, of course you are :D [Evaldas] silly me

  • Xandhil hopes he hasn't shot himself in the foot.... but from his understanding Pheria is probably too crazy to be that kind of vindictive...
  • Evaldas will start leading you away from the Kizers
  • Xandhil goes along with
  • Izeil glares at you as you go
  • Evaldas keeps up a steady stream of mild chatter until you're well away from them

[Evaldas] [w] thank you so much @_@ [Xandhil] [w] No problem... looked like things were going to get a little rough...

  • Evaldas nods, glancing back over his shoulder
  • Justen is following along with you two of course, just a little behind you

[Xandhil] [q] I suppose we should give them something to glare at?

  • Evaldas hasn't let go of your arm

[Evaldas] [w] ooh, like what?

  • Xandhil smirks

[Xandhil] [w] well, you know them better - what would make them then *most* annoyed? ^-^

  • Evaldas considers for a moment

[Evaldas] [w] Anything where it looks like I'm having fun ;)