Homoventures Chapter 2, Part 3
- Session date: August 23, 2012
- Diablotin date:
Session Start: Thu Aug 23 18:42:49 2012
- Rhyl and Xan were going to take a trip to the library to research ... stuff.
[Xandhil] (I don't remember what @_@)
[DiablotinNarrator] (well, you wanted at least to research the thing you encountered on your trip)
- Rhyl is excited to go there, even though he probably gets to go all the time.
[Xandhil] Is it really that awesome?
- Xandhil asks curiously
[Rhyl] It's pretty awesome!
[Rhyl] Also, this is getting me out of divination class.
- Xandhil has probably been there, but never to do real research
- Rhyl bounces cheerfully as you walk there.
[Xandhil] how does it work then? I mean, is it just like... getting special collections from the castalia or do they actually let you in the stacks?
- Xandhil grins
[Xandhil] and is it 'getting you out of class' as in you're skipping? ^-^
[Rhyl] No no! I got permission to do this as a special project :)
[Rhyl] If I just skipped that would be... bad >.>
[Xandhil] yeah, I wondered :o
[Xandhil] are you gonna be able to come with us, then?
[Xandhil] as a special project?
[Rhyl] Yes... I think so, anyway.
[Rhyl] I mean, it's only going to be a few days, right?
[Rhyl] Well not days, but you know what I mean :)
[Xandhil] uhhh, really I have no idea @_@
[Rhyl] [sk] Cycles.
[Xandhil] but I mean
[Xandhil] it will be awesome
[Xandhil] and we will probably learn all kinds of things!
[Rhyl] Yeah. And if they give trouble, maybe Taz can convince them that he needs me to help out. They listen to him more.... well, more than me, anyway.
[Xandhil] how does that work, anyway?
- Xandhil shakes his head
[Xandhil] oh, nevermind
- Xandhil just shrugs
[Rhyl] How does Taz work?
- Rhyl is puzzled.
- Xandhil grins
[Xandhil] I just don't know why anyone would listen to him half the time :V
[Rhyl] Wellll. They kind of ... need him. or at least, he's useful to them.
[Xandhil] I guess...
[Xandhil] (Have I told them about Mercy yet?)
[Rhyl] One, most of the Hlath clan aren't the fightery type, so he's good at that. And two, he makes babies, and people seem to want them >.>
[Rhyl] (you told Rhyl already... don't know if you told Taz yet. it could have been off-screen)
[Xandhil] have they hit you up for the baby making bits yet?
[Rhyl] ah. no... probably not until I'm older.
- Rhyl says, blushing a bit.
[Xandhil] after school?
[Rhyl] And even then... I mean, I don't think I'll ever be a sire, not like as a full-time thing.
[Rhyl] Maybe if someone really asked for me specifically.... although I don't know why they would.
[Xandhil] you never know
- Xandhil shakes his head, thinking about Mercy
[Rhyl] Well, I don't have the blue eyes.
- Rhyl says as if that explains things.
[Xandhil] no, but your babies still could, I think?
[Xandhil] I mean, Taz's eyes aren't really like fathers anyway, so who knows?
- Xandhil thinks
[Xandhil] really only Em's are.
[Rhyl] uh... maybe? probably, I guess. But they might see it as less of a good chance.
[Rhyl] Anyway... I'd rather have babies I'll actually, you know, ever see >.>
- Xandhil agrees
[Xandhil] I guess he's happy with things though
[Xandhil] I just wish he could come home sometimes :/
[Xandhil] or would... Anyway >.>
[Rhyl] Anyway, you asked about the library...
[Rhyl] You're supposed to work with a librarian. You tell them what you're looking for, and they help you find it. But, especially if it's going to be a lot of books or whatever, they will let you come into the shelves and look too, at least they will if they like you.
[Rhyl] So they don't wind up bringing you 50 useless books.
[Xandhil] cool :D
[Xandhil] well... we're pretty likeable.... :3
[Rhyl] yeah :)
[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive at the library, which is a huge white-stone spiral tower.
- Xandhil pauses for a moment, considering how many books there must be
[Xandhil] . o O ( [3! )
- Rhyl leads the way inside.
- Rhyl knows his way around here pretty well, and goes straight to a window with a woman seated behind it.
[Rhyl] [sk] Hello... we're looking for some information about a particular creature.
- NPC1 is now known as Librarian
[Librarian] [sk] What sort of creature?
- Rhyl glances to you to describe it more.
- Xandhil will do so, describing the featureless mask face and the light and so on
[Xandhil] [sk] It was something we encountered traveling here from Sarasagel
- Xandhil uses respectful terms of respectfulness ;3
- Librarian listens attentively, taking down a few notes.
[Librarian] [sk] Well, I haven't heard of anything like that, but we can certainly see if there is anything in any of the records...
- Librarian is interrupted by the arrival of a man.
- Librarian is now known as OtherLibrarian
[OtherLibrarian] [sk] I'll take care of it, Tirael.
[DiablotinNarrator] She abruptly defers to whoever this guy is, and he comes around to talk to you.
[Rhyl] [w] oh wow.
- Xandhil eyes Rhyl
- Rhyl whispers as he's making his way around to join you.
[Xandhil] [w] whaaat?
- Xandhil smiles at the New Librarian :3
[Rhyl] [w] Rhyl uss'Qurret. He's.. important. You've heard Mom talk about him, right?
- OtherLibrarian is now known as Rhyl2
[Xandhil] [w] huh, yeah.
- Xandhil probably knows he was her boss before she met San?
- Rhyl is excited just to see him, apparently *_*
[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah, and she might have talked about him as a scholar and such as well... who spent some time on your plane, etc.)
[Xandhil] (Xan may know more about him from San and his old notes and such as well)
[DiablotinNarrator] (right, that too)
- Rhyl2 comes to greet you.
- Rhyl2 is silver-haired, handsome, probably about middle-aged you'd guess, two rings through his lower lip, otherwise not much visible decoration.
- Rhyl2 greets you politely.
- Xandhil greets him respectfully in return
- Rhyl is suuper-respectful @_@
[Xandhil] [sk] we are honoured by your attention, sir.
[Rhyl2] [sk] Well, it is not every day we have scholars from other planes.
[Rhyl2] [sk] And, if I am not very much mistaken, you're Dozilva do Baru's son.
- Rhyl2 says to Rhyl.
- Rhyl goes all sort of flustered and stammery, but manages to agree that yes, he is, sir.
[Rhyl2] [sk]... or are both of you? Now, I ought to remember this... but you don't much look like her.
- Rhyl2 says to you, Xan.
[Xandhil] [sk] Serhyl is my brother. But I was born from another mother.
- Rhyl2 nods.
[Xandhil] [sk]we have another brother who lives here as well, but he is less scholarly >.>
[Rhyl2] [sk] Ah, yes.
[Rhyl2] [sk] Well, I think I got most of what you were asking about. If you would follow me, I can take you to the section dealing with creatures.
[Xandhil] [sk] thank you very much, sir.
- Rhyl2 asks you a few more questions about the entity as you climb the central spiral of the building.
- Xandhil grins over at rhyl jr, who is still all flustered, no doubt :3
- Rhyl is a bit overwhelmed for talking, right now @_@
[Rhyl] . o O (eeee)
- Xandhil will answer as best he can
- Rhyl2 escorts you to the relevant section, which is ...vast.
[Xandhil] oh wow... :o
[Rhyl2] [sk] We can narrow it down, don't worry.
- Xandhil turns around, taking in all of the books @_@ [3
- Xandhil nods
- Rhyl2 scans the shelves, selecting a volume here and one there. He'll let you two carry them rather than doing it himself ;)
- Xandhil is happy to do so
- Rhyl2 glances back when you are both laden with books.
[Rhyl2] [sk] That's probably enough to start, hm?
[Rhyl] [sk] Yes sir, thank you sir.
[Xandhil] [sk] yes, thank you
[Xandhil] [sk] sir :3
- Rhyl2 shows you to a table where you can sit and read.
[Rhyl2] [sk] If you have further inquiries after you've gone through these, I will be pleased to assist you further.
[Xandhil] [sk] Your assistance is very...generous, sir.
- Xandhil can't find quite the right word, but that will do
[Rhyl] [sk] We're very honoured by your deigning to help us.
- Xandhil wonders if it is just because of mom, but can't think of how to ask that politely :3
- Xandhil nods to reinforce his brother's statement
[Rhyl2] [sk] I hope it will answer your inquiry.
- Rhyl2 leaves you to it, then.
- Xandhil wishes he could talk in people's heads the way dad and father can >.>
- Xandhil will select a likely looking book and crack it open
[Xandhil] [w] do you think it was just because of mom?
[Rhyl] [w] probably? unless it was because of you being really obviously from another plane.
[Xandhil] [w] True...
[Rhyl] [w] oh my gods, that was so cool though. If I ever do get a job here, I'd be working under him, and ...
- Rhyl 's phrase has ... various nuances ;)
- Xandhil smirks
[Rhyl] [w] I should ask Mom how to impress him @_@
[Xandhil] [w] I guess you'd have to ask mom what that's like... yeah @_@
[Rhyl] [w] ... I should probably feel like that's weirder than I do... I don't know. Living here makes things seem more ... normal, I guess, that would be weird back home.
[Xandhil] [w] Well... it is normal here.
[Rhyl] [w] yeah.
- Rhyl shrugs.
[Rhyl] [w] also... well, I'd probably do it anyway @_@
[Xandhil] [w] And our family is weird back home anyway >.>
[Xandhil] [w] what do you mean?
[Rhyl] [w] uh... him >.>
- Rhyl is blushing more.
- Xandhil smirks again
[Xandhil] [w]Well I guess he is pretty good looking ;p
[Rhyl] [w] And smart, and mysterious, and ... um. we should probably read, I guess >.>
- Rhyl picks up one of the books to start going through it, still blushing.
- Xandhil smirks harder
- Xandhil reads though
- Xandhil tries not to get tooooo distracted :3
[DiablotinNarrator] The two of you read through the various books for what feels like a few hours to you.
[Rhyl] [w] Oh, I think I found something!
- Rhyl says at last.
- Xandhil looks up
[Rhyl] [w] Well, it sounds like it anyway - it talks about the mask, and the light and stuff.
[Rhyl] [w] This book calls it a 'visilight'.
[Rhyl] [w] It says they're attracted to ... beauty, perfection... they try to absorb it, I guess, and eradicate whatever they find ugly.
[Xandhil] [w] can I see?
[Rhyl] [w] sure.
- Rhyl hands you the book.
- Xandhil will read through the description
[DiablotinNarrator] It talks about how the creature can absorb another being's image, personality, charm, presence...
[DiablotinNarrator] As it does, it grows more powerful and more difficult to resist its paralyzing gaze.
[Xandhil] [w] That sounds right... D:
[Rhyl] [w] Does it absorb it... forever?
- Xandhil reads the part about absorbing again
- Xandhil looks troubled
[Xandhil] [w] I don't know...
[Rhyl] [w] You do seem sort of... well, I didn't want to say anything, but just a bit... not yourself, I don't know...
[Xandhil] [w] I've felt... off, I guess, since we fought it, but Justen says he hasn't noticed anything...
- Xandhil seems distressed
[Rhyl] [w] Well, that's Justen :p
[Rhyl] [w] I don't mean that in a bad way but... he sees the you that's inside his head, you know?
[Xandhil] [w] I guess. I would think he would notice more, but I don't know, maybe not :(
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] ...[w] maybe there is more about it in one of the other books, now that we know what it is :/
- Rhyl nods.
- Rhyl reads on for a while, but you don't seem to be finding much more than that.
[Rhyl] [w] If something did get... absorbed, maybe it can get fixed.
[Rhyl] [w] There are spells that help with that.
- Rhyl says after a while longer.
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [w]they're all clerical though, aren't they?
[Rhyl] [w] Yeah, well, short of like... Wish or things like that.
[Rhyl] [w] We're supposed to be seeing some clerics, though, aren't we? ;)
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [w] If we can find them >.>
[Xandhil] [w] Well at least we have a reason to approach them now? More than just ' we're nosy'
- Rhyl nods.
[Xandhil] [w]Maybe they can fix Taz to >.>
[Rhyl] [w] Hey... yeah! that would be great, if they could.
- Rhyl looks around.
[Rhyl] [w] We should probably get back anyway - I'm getting hungry.
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [w] what do we do with the books?
[Rhyl] [w] They have clerks who'll clean them up.
[Rhyl] [w] They don't trust us to put them back ourselves ;)
- Xandhil nods and finishes making notes about the monsters that ate his charm @_@
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [w] you know how mom and father met >.>
- Rhyl stifles a laugh.
[Rhyl] [w] If I steal a book, and *he* comes after me, that would be ok >.>
- Xandhil snickes quietly
- Rhyl gathers up his notebook and gets ready to leave.
[DiablotinNarrator] You arrive back at Taz's place to find that he and Justen have ... produced... a meal, probably by buying it from some street vendor.
[Justen] Surprise - it has mushrooms.
- Justen says by way of greeting.
- Xandhil kisses him
- Tazenir rolls his eyes
- Xandhil flips him off
[Rhyl] Most things do...
- Tazenir grins
[Tazenir] I like 'em.
[Xandhil] You would :V
[Rhyl] Either that or seaweed. Sometimes both.
[Xandhil] its fine
[Justen] Oh, and guess what we heard, while we were getting food.
[Justen] There was a preacher from the Serpent folks who was doing his thing earlier, but we missed him. But he might be back ... tomorrow... >.>
- Justen shrugs at the lack of day/night referrents.
[Xandhil] sell, that's cool!
[Xandhil] what were people sayig?
- Justen shrugs, glancing to Taz.
- Tazenir also shrugs
[Tazenir] about what you would expect. They're crazy and probably dangerous, but some people are curious anyway.
[Xandhil] hmm, yeah
[Tazenir] Mostly people are waiting for them to get arrested :p
[Xandhil] yay >.>
[Justen] So we should go try to see him?
[Xandhil] well, yeah!
[Justen] Or is that likely to turn into a riot or something >.>
[Xandhil] it shouldn;t be that bad...?
- Xandhil eyes Taz
[Tazenir] They didn't riot today
[Tazenir] I guess more people will be expecting him if he comes back next cycle
[Rhyl] Yeah, but now they'll know he's here... exactly.
[Xandhil] But we already knew he was here, didn't we?
[Rhyl] They come and go...
[Xandhil] have there been riots or anything before?
[Rhyl] Not really... just guards breaking things up.
[Justen] That sort of thing can get rough if people don't feel like being broken up.
[Xandhil] It's not the levellers, Justen...
[Xandhil] Things are different here >.>
[Tazenir] Yeah, people don't wanna fuck with the authorities
- Justen nibbles at some roasted... cubes on a skewer.
[Xandhil] it'll be fine :)
[Xandhil] besides, we can get out if we need to
- Justen nods.
- Tazenir eyes the two colourplaners
[Tazenir] maybe it would be better if you two weren't so conspicuous :p
[Justen] We can probably manage that.
- Justen says with a glance to you.
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] yeah we kind of figured
[Xandhil] we already talked about it some
- Xandhil says around a bite of mushroom
[Justen] We might need to borrow clothes, though?
[Xandhil] oh, yeah...
[Xandhil] I have some spells, but they won't really last long enough I don't think
[Tazenir] what, you couldn't pack anything blacK? :p
[Justen] Probably some of your things would fit me.
[Xandhil] I hardly own anything black!
- Justen says to Taz.
[Tazenir] yeah, you, sure...
- Tazenir eyes Xan
[Rhyl] Well, I can loan you a robe or something, Xan.
[Tazenir] You'll have to go shopping in Rhyl's closet :p
[Xandhil] that'll work
[Xandhil] thanks :)
[Rhyl] Okay, I'll bring one when I come back. I should go back to the academy for sleep anyway... Jevan's probably waiting.
[Xandhil] have fun ^-^
[Rhyl] ...sleeping >.>
[Tazenir] yeah whatever ;p
- Rhyl takes off, then.
[Justen] Kid gets around ;)
[Tazenir] that's just the academy, I guess
[Xandhil] well, he seems to enjoy it, anyway :p
- Xandhil eyes Justen
[Xandhil] are you tired at all?
[Justen] Don't they... okay, this may be a weird question. but ... do they encourage them to fuck each other, or does that just... happen anyway, because they're teenagers?
[Tazenir] they expect it
[Tazenir] I don't think they have to encourage it
[Tazenir] just... that's how it's always been now
[Tazenir] I guess
[Justen] Always boys with boys and girls with girls? or do they mix it up?
[Tazenir] boys with boy, girls with girls.
[Xandhil] I think it's because, well, of how things work here
[Xandhil] because sex is part of your relationships with people above and below you?
[Justen] how do you mean?
[Justen] oh, yeah... you said that.
- Justen recalls >.>
[Xandhil] So you have to be used to fucking people even if maybe that's not what you're in to
[Xandhil] for some things it doesn't matter as much
[Xandhil] but for all the... academic wizardy stuff, its huge
[Tazenir] You can get along without doing that just fine :p
[Justen] Lucky it's not like that at the Castalia... or maybe not lucky, I dunno.
- Justen says, eyeing you with a smirk.
[Xandhil] well it might have gotten you in some more classes :p
[Xandhil] but I don't think you would like it, really
[Xandhil] because you don't really get to choose?
[Xandhil] Rhyl is lucky...
[Justen] Yeah.. that would be weird.
[Xandhil] or he's just Rhyl >.>
- Tazenir shrugs again
[Justen] And like... your job is fucking girls! Which sounds like it would be awesome, except I guess you don't really get to choose them either ...
- Justen says to Taz.
[Tazenir] it's not so bad really :p
[Tazenir] but probably not as great as it sounds >.>
[Justen] you can still fuck other people, though, right?
[Tazenir] I'm not complaining, anyway
[Justen] well, that's okay then.
[Tazenir] not supposed to get 'em knocked up, though
[Tazenir] but shit happens
[Tazenir] it hasn't yet, though, but I guess it could >.>
[Justen] oh, yeah... and I guess they'd probably be able to tell it was yours, huh.
[Tazenir] I dunno
[Tazenir] sometimes yes, sometimes no?
- Justen nods.
[Tazenir] It's like, fuck, you couldn't tell that Rhyl and Dez and I were sire by San :p
[Justen] No, I guess...
[Justen] Rhyl, maybe... they kind of have something in the face that's similar...
- Xandhil frowns.
[Xandhil] Dez totally looks like him!
[Xandhil] only taller
[Justen] Yeah except tall
[Tazenir] not like you do though :p
- Xandhil keeps his mouth shut, not wanting to get in to old arguments
[Justen] I guess maybe I am getting kind of tired...
- Justen says, sensing a little tension.
[Xandhil] okay :3
[Justen] It's hard to know when to sleep here @_@
[Tazenir] you'll adjust
[Tazenir] ... probably.
[Tazenir] anyway, I was going to see if you guys wanted to go out again, but I'm guessing not :p
[Justen] Oh, uh.
- Justen glances to you.
[Justen] If you wanna go, you don't have to take us everywhere.
[Xandhil] maybe not tonight? But you go if you want to, Taz, yeah
- Xandhil smiles
[Tazenir] heh, yeah, I can take a hint ;p
[Tazenir] I see you guys later then.
[Xandhil] You have fun too ^-^
[Justen] Yeah :)
[Tazenir] heh, yeah, I will, ]:D
- Tazenir will head out for some amusement then
- Justen gets the mattress out.
- Xandhil will help
[Xandhil] are you actually sleepy?
[Justen] Not really... I was just saying that.
- Xandhil smiles
[Xandhil] well... we can relax for a bit anyway
- Justen gathers you into his arms for snuggles.
- Xandhil starts after he is comfortably snuggled up
[Xandhil] we found out what that thing was
[Justen] what was it?
[Xandhil] It's called a visilight
- Justen listens
[Xandhil] the way the book described it, with the mask and everything, was just about right
[Xandhil] they're attracted to beauty and charm and perfection >.>
[Xandhil] is what it says
- Justen nuzzles your neck
[Justen] Well that's why it went after you, then
[Xandhil] but they *absorb* that stuff D:
[Xandhil] and store it in the masks
[Xandhil] I think
[Justen] oh, ew.
[Xandhil] but we couldn't figure out of it is like... forever, or what.
[Xandhil] But I still don't feel right
[Xandhil] and Rhyl says he noticed it too
- Xandhil snuggles closer, sounding worried
[Justen] Xan... if you're worried about it, we'll figure it out.
[Xandhil] There are lots of monsters that do that sort of thing
[Xandhil] Its a Thing.
[Justen] You don't look different to me, and if you're acting any different, I don't know if it's just because we're here, and things are different here.
[Xandhil] but the spells to fix it are all divine
- Justen nods.
[Xandhil] Rhyl said you probably don't notice because you just see the me in your head ]..
[Justen] So we can get a priest to look at you when we get home.
- Justen kisses you.
[Justen] I see the you that I love.
[Xandhil] . o O (But what if that's not the real me @_@)
[Xandhil] we are trying to find priests here... >.>
[Justen] oh, yeah. so maybe they can figure out something too.
[Xandhil] Maybe they can do something for Taz, too, since he won't come home :/
[Justen] I thought that was mostly because of ... San, and Ilyana and stuff...
[Xandhil] well... yes...
[Xandhil] but that's because of the Shadow Curse ]:|
- Justen hugs you closer.
[Justen] Would he want to ask them about it?
[Xandhil] I don't know
[Xandhil] I can try and talk to him, maybe
- Justen nods.
- Justen strokes your hair.
[Justen] Hopefully he'll see it's a good idea.
[Xandhil] for mom and dad, even
[Xandhil] if nothing else ]..
[Justen] I mean, it wouldn't *force* him to go home, it would just give him that option.
[Justen] ...not nothing else.
[Justen] you, and Dez, and Em...
[Justen] Even if he and San don't get along, there are lots of other people who matter.
[Xandhil] well, I dunno
[Xandhil] It's not like he and Dez are all that close >.>
[Justen] he doesn't really seem to do 'close'... .I don't think that means he doesn't care, though.
[Xandhil] Taz or Dez? :p
[Justen] ... either.
[Xandhil] well I guess I'm not really one to talk, mostly >.>
- Xandhil hugs though
- Justen smiles
[Justen] I'm glad I'm the exception ;)
[Xandhil] mmmhmm ^-^
- Justen kisses you with more purpose
- Xandhil will happily give in to your purpose ^-^
[Justen] [w] It was incredibly hot seeing you with all those other people... but I like having you to myself too ;)
[Xandhil] [w] I'm glad....
[Justen] [w] makes me know just how lucky I am.
[Xandhil] [w] oooh? ^-^
[Justen] [w] because I get you all the time, whenever I want. no line ;)
- Xandhil kisees
[Xandhil] [w]That's right - any time
- Justen will give you some speedy lovin', just in case Taz decides to come home ;)
- Xandhil will try and convince you that this is an unlikely scenario ;)
[DiablotinNarrator] Ok, presumably you sleep, and eventually wake up...
[Justen] So, we're looking like shadar-kai today?
[Xandhil] not "today"
[Xandhil] but yes
[Justen] stupid always dark.
- Justen grumbles.
[Xandhil] at least there are stars now >.>
- Justen gets changed, then - I'm sure he makes a very pretty SK boy ;)
- Xandhil probably looks decently like Dez when he is all disguised
- Justen remembers
- Xandhil doesn't go so pale
[Xandhil] yes they are handy ^-^
[Tazenir] here, try this
- Tazenir will come out and give you some stuff to try
- Justen looks skeptical that some of these things are entire outfits, but eventually finds one that's mostly made of wraps/straps, and so
flexible enough to fit him well.
[Justen] Did you have fun?
- Justen asks Taz with a grin.
[Tazenir] eventually, yeah
[Tazenir] I met this one girl there while you two were entertaining, and she was back again
[Tazenir] went back to her place and crashed out there
[Justen] what's her name? or do you know ;)
[Tazenir] didn't ask her clan though :p
[Justen] does this bit.. go around the neck, or what?
- Justen tries to get the outfit arranged.
[Xandhil] well it can't be all that serious then ;p
[Tazenir] yeah here, turn around
- Rhyl shows up, and has, as promised, a grey silk robe for Xan.
[Rhyl] Here, this one is a bit short for me now, so it should be okay for you...
[Xandhil] thanks -_-
- Xandhil will try it on
- Tazenir will get Justen adjusted
[Justen] I sense a double standard >.>
[Xandhil] looks good :D
- Xandhil pets his exposed skin
- Justen blushes - or darkens, anyway ;)
[Xandhil] lickable ^-^
[Rhyl] Yeah, if you had some piercings or something, you'd blend in even better!
[Justen] uh... that's ok >.>
[Tazenir] yeah, everyone will just assume you're some kind of prude
[Xandhil] you can show them wrong ^-^
[Rhyl] Ok, are we ready? we can pick up some breakfast on the way :)
- Rhyl is excited to get going.
[Xandhil] I think we're good
[Tazenir] right then
[Tazenir] get the fuck out of my house :V
[Justen] We already got the fuck in your house ;)
- Tazenir will bring his chain, just in case >.>
[Tazenir] I'm burning that mattress :p
- Justen also has his flail, since that is probably just metal and not obviously colour-y.
[Xandhil] (I dunno about my sword - it is magic)
[Xandhil] (may have a fancy hilt or something)
[DiablotinNarrator] You head to the marketplace, then. You can, as Rhyl suggested, grab some food there quite easily, and find the area where the preacher is supposedly going to appear.
[DiablotinNarrator] (eh, you could wrap it if you're worried)
[DiablotinNarrator] (probably no one will look *that* closely)
[DiablotinNarrator] (or they might just think you have a colour plane sword, which I'm sure is not *totally* rare)
[Xandhil] (hah, actually if it is from broventures he found it on the SP anyway :V)
[DiablotinNarrator] (heheh, true)
[DiablotinNarrator] You find someplace to sit/lean/stand while you wait. Eventually, a considerable crowd has gathered.
- Xandhil munches on some kind of pastry thing filled with... mushrooms :V
[Xandhil] [w] I guess word has spread...
- Rhyl2 is now known as Preacher
- Justen nods.
- Justen is a bit on guard, just in case things go bad, despite your reassurances...
[Xandhil] [W] oh, there he is!
- Xandhil points out a likely looking figure
- Xandhil squeezes your hand reassuringly
- Preacher steps up onto the base of a statue of some hero you don't recognize. He is tall, black-hair cut short, in a very plain robe, and has no visible mods that you can see. He looks young-ish, you'd say.
[Preacher] I'm very gratified to see so many of you here.
- Preacher 's voice carries well, especially as the crowd falls quiet once he begins to speak.
- Xandhil translates quietly for Justen as long as we're not attracting any attention
- Xandhil will cast detect magic though
[Preacher] (yes, assume this is all in SK, I don't feel like typing it every time ;)
[Xandhil] (hee, yeah)
[Preacher] It shows that the word is spreading - that no matter how they try to stop it, it will continue to spread.
[Preacher] Vrag has not forsaken us, has shown us this blessing by the starlight that graces our skies and illuminates our way.
- Xandhil listens
[Preacher] And yes, by the power that is granted to me, and to others - the power to heal, to cure the sick, even to raise up the dead.
- Xandhil eyes Rhyl, because he isn't sure if this guy means raise the dead to life, or as undead
- Rhyl shrugs.
[Preacher] Why would they wish to suppress this power, ask yourselves that.
- Tazenir is watching the crowd more than the preacher
[Preacher] Is it because they prefer to have you weakened, suffering, downtrodden?
- Tazenir rolls his eyes at that though
[Xandhil] [w] Okay maybe it is a *bit* like the levellers >.>
[Xandhil] [w] no one is rioting!
[Tazenir] yet :p
[Preacher] We offer you freedom, and choice, and hope for something better.
[DiablotinNarrator] There is some murmuring in the crowd, and some people start whispering the guards are coming.
[Tazenir] [w] get ready to break for it...
[Rhyl] [w] yeah
- Tazenir says to Justen, since he is the one who can theoretically teleport other people
[Rhyl] [w] but we should stick close to that guy. maybe we can get him out of here, and talk to him?
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [w]Lets see if we can get closer now?
- Rhyl and Justen nod.
- Tazenir sighs and nods
- Preacher continues with his speaking despite the imminent thread of guards
- Xandhil will try to weave close through the throng
- Justen sticks close to you.
[Justen] [w] where do we go if we have to teleport? Taz's house?
[Xandhil] I guess, yeah
- Justen nods, wary
[DiablotinNarrator] Guards are indeed surrounding the crowd, at least those who haven't buggered off already.
[Xandhil] (Preacher is still preaching?)
- Preacher sees them there, but continues, seemingly unafraid.
[Xandhil] [w] Maybe he can disappear on his own >.>
[Xandhil] (did my detect magic turn up anything on him?
- Tazenir will make sure Rhyl is close to the others as well
[DiablotinNarrator] (oh, sorry - robe is magic, other than that nothing.)
- Rhyl is also sticking close to you, yes
[DiablotinNarrator] "Disperse at once!" orders someone, presumably some high-ranking guard.
[DiablotinNarrator] Murmurs from the crowd, most of them begin doing so.
[Xandhil] [w] Come on...
- Preacher stands tall, looking calm.
[Xandhil] (how close are we?)
[DiablotinNarrator] (say 15 feet by now?)
[Preacher] They can try to silence me - but the message will spread regardless.
[Xandhil] (close enough to hear us?)
[DiablotinNarrator] (for the preacher to hear you?)
[DiablotinNarrator] (probably, yes)
[Xandhil] (What's the crowd like here?)
[DiablotinNarrator] (thinning out)
- Preacher does seem to notice you approaching
[Xandhil] ...[sk] will you come with us? We want to talk to you - about Vrag
- Preacher eyes the guards.
[Xandhil] [sk] we can get away from here without any trouble
[Preacher] [sk] If you're trying to lure me in, I'm not falling for it.
[Xandhil] [sk] we're not!
[Rhyl] [sk] No really! We just want to talk, and also get out of here @_@
[Preacher] [sk] All right.
[Xandhil] Justen come on, lets go then, he said he'd come.
[Tazenir] hurry it up..
- Justen steps up, puts a hand on the guy's shoulder, and they disappear.
[Tazenir] (what just them?)
[DiablotinNarrator] (oops, sorry - yes, you can go with them :)
[Tazenir] (Well really it is Rhyl and Taz that are important >.>)
[Tazenir] (Since they can't teleport on their own)
- Justen would not leave them
- Justen takes the lot back to Taz's house, then
- Xandhil meets folks back there
- Preacher looks around curiously.
[Preacher] [sk] We won't be able to stay here long. They'll come looking, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for harbouring me.
[Xandhil] [sk] Is there somewhere else you'
[Xandhil] ve been staying?
[Preacher] [sk] I have some safe places I can go.
- Preacher says vaguely.
- Xandhil nods
[Preacher] [sk] But at this point, probably better to get out of the city for a while. They know my face now.
- Xandhil translates for Justen >.>
[Preacher] [sk] You said you wanted to talk about Vrag?
[Xandhil] [sk] For a few reasons...
[Preacher] [sk] All right...
[Xandhil] [sk] We want to know, what all you know about him... How you've been worshipping him... what you did before the stars came back @_@
[Preacher] [sk] ... That's a lot of questions, and we don't have a lot of time.
[Xandhil] [sk] I know.
[Preacher] [sk] Look...
[Xandhil] [sk] ...could we come with you?
[Preacher] [sk] ... I was going to say :)
- Preacher looks younger when he smiles.
[Preacher] [sk] ... Where are we? I'm just trying to figure out the best way out of the city from here.
[Xandhil] [sk] in the Hlath compound.... but we can get out the same way we got here, if we go to the [wherever we came in to the city] gate.
- Preacher nods.
[Xandhil] [sk] are they tracking you somehow?
[Preacher] [sk] They might be watching the gates, we might be better off to go a bit outside.
- Xandhil nods
[Xandhil] [sk] we can do that
[Preacher] [sk] I don't know. It's possible they have wizards on the job.
- Preacher says re. the tracking question.
[Justen] Ok, so.. we're going outside the city, like around where we came in?
- Justen asks you.
- Preacher notices, inevitably, that he's speaking a different language.
[Preacher] [sk] I'm getting the feeling this is more complicated than it appears.
[Xandhil] [sk] we can explain, I promise
[Preacher] [sk] All right.
[Preacher] [sk] I feel like I can trust you.
[Tazenir] [sk] Are we going to need supplies, before we get out of here?
- Xandhil smiles
[Preacher] [sk] It's about a cycle to walk to Hlintarn - but it's usually safe travel.
- Rhyl bounces with nervous excitement.
[Rhyl] [sk] I brought my spellbook just in case I'd need it!
[Xandhil] [sk] I already have things packed
- Justen can help gather up some supplies, then.
- Tazenir points at Xan and Justen
[Tazenir] and tell me you have at least some kind of weapon, Rhyl -_-
[Rhyl] Um... I have a dagger.
[Tazenir] [Sk] well.. I guess you've got me :p
- Xandhil loks to the pracher
[Xandhil] [sk] SO, um... what's your name? I'm Xan.
[Preacher] [sk] Ranighar.
- Justen will whisk people away whenever everyone is ready, then.
Session Close: Thu Aug 23 23:52:25 2012