Five Kingdoms classes
Here are some changes to the main classes in the PG that I have made for the purposes of plot and story in the Five Kingdoms campaign. Some of the classes have more detail and secrets about them that I do not want to give away. If you make a PC of a particular class I will give you more details. Also if there is a particular class in another sourcebook that you would like to play let me know and I will consider it.
- Bards: Bards have arcane magic but people do not recognize it as such and view its effects as being part of the inspiration that comes through the talents of the bards. For this reason the spell list of bards has been altered slightly to remove more “flashy” spells. All bards who cast spells belong to a Harpers guild. Bardic magic isn’t generally detectable with the spell “Detect Magic”.
- Paladins: Paladins do not gain the ability to cast divine spells at sixth level. To compensate for this they gain other abilities at higher levels. Also paladins only have to be good.
- Rangers: Rangers do not gain the ability to cast divine spells at sixth level. To compensate for this they gain other abilities at higher levels.
- Sorcerers: Sorcerers are now strictly controlled and have to mark themselves as being able to cast arcane magic. All sorcerers belong to a guild whose main house is in the city of Freistadt. This guild keeps track of sorcerers. In some more remote areas of the Five Kingdoms children are killed who display the ability to cast arcane magic.
- Wizards: Wizards were persecuted and banned about 600 years ago so none officially exist. A PC cannot therefore start as a wizard.