Diablotin 3 session 9

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 9 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: February 8, 2015
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It's the middle of Eleventh-month, and it's cold and foggy and occasionally rainy (or freezing-rainy, depending on just how cold it is at that moment).

Hugo asks Zola for advice regarding the missing Psyrene Songbird

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you wanted to speak with Zola I believe?

  • Hugonel will track down Zola in her dressing room early one afternoon.
  • Hugonel knocks on Zola's door.

<Zola> Just a minute!

  • Zola checks in the mirror to make sure she's half-presentable
  • Zola cracks the door.

<Hugonel> It's just me.

  • Zola opens the door the rest of the way.

<Zola> Hey hun. What's news?

  • Zola looks a little tired, but that's not entirely uncommon.

<Hugonel> Ah, well ... nothing, really. I wanted to get you to help me jog my memory.

  • Zola waves him in.

<Hugonel> A few weeks ago I was visiting Dasra Neherin's literary salon, at her invitation. You remember, perhaps, I've talked of her. An age ago, we were engaged.

  • Zola nods

<Hugonel> While there, Dasra introduced me to one Klara Dannan, a music critic? I hadn’t met her but I thought perhaps you knew her.

<Zola> (Do I?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (You'd know the name, for sure. You don't know her personally, but she has a reputation as a very important critic, so most musicians would have heard of her.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (She's probably reviewed some of Mico's albums ;)

<Zola> (Was she nice or mean?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (to Mico? Nice if maybe a bit dismissive - like 'this is good for what it is, which is frivolous pop music')

<Zola> Well, I know of her, but we've never met. She did say awful things about Mico's last album.

  • Zola makes a sulky face

<Zola> Not that she was wrong, exactly.

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> Well, anyway ...

<Hugonel> Mlle Dannan reminded me of ... well, I'm not sure who. At first, I thought it was Eirini, our Psyrene songbird flown her cage. But then ... Eirini herself reminded me of someone. I'm not normally so forgetful of faces and names. I think I would remember if I had met an important critic before.

<Hugonel> Both of them have such striking red hair.

<Hugonel> Did Eirini remind you of someone?

<Zola> (Julie: Not particularly?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (nope, nothing that stands out to you)

<Zola> Not really, hun.

<Hugonel> Hmm.

<Zola> Maybe they remind you of some nice woman you crushed on when you were a kid :)

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> That would be half the city.

<Zola> Well now we know why you're having such difficulty :)

<Hugonel> Anyway, I might not have thought anything of the resemblance, only that, with her was a M. Luc Berthillon, an author of some minor reputation, apparently. I hadn't heard of him. Perhaps my age, or a bit older.

<DiablotinNarrator> (does Zola read fiction much? she would have heard of him if so)

<Zola> (She probably reads romance :V)

<Zola> I've seen his name before... but what would he have to do with Eirini?

<Hugonel> Well, and as I say, perhaps it's nothing, but Mlle. Dannan and M. Berthillon were engaged in deep conversation about a lady-love of his, who he described as his ‘songbird’. And I have to say, I was very struck by how … smitten, he was, about this woman.

<Zola> Ohhh.

<Hugonel> So I am here with two strangers, one of whom reminds me so strongly of this woman, and the other of whom may be ... entranced by this same woman?

<Hugonel> I was so struck that I asked Klara whether she knew the 'songbird', but she denied it.

<Zola> Are you going to dig deeper?

<Hugonel> Well, that's the thing. I mean, it really isn't any of my business. I'm sure the police are still looking for Eirini, but she didn't cause me any harm.

<Zola> Hmph.

<Zola> If nothing else disappearing like that is inconsiderate. She was our guest.

<Hugonel> And as for M. Berthillon, he is fully entitled to be in love.

<Hugonel> But it's been ... bothering me, these things, these odd coincidences and resemblances.

<Hugonel> Perhaps I'm going as mad as Mortemer, as we say in my family.

<Zola> Well, if you do, I'll come by from time to time to make sure your help are keeping you from smearing waste on the walls.

<Hugonel> Do you think I should try to find her? Eirini, I mean.

  • Zola considers, with a slight frown.

<Zola> I'm not sure there's much point. If the guard can't find her, how are you supposed to?

<Zola> But I've got a feeling that might not be the answer you'll be satisfied with.

<Hugonel> Hmm. Well ... I just want to know what's going on. That can't be wrong. But I also don't want to seem like I'm smitten with her. Some man wandering the streets, asking around for a woman he only met once.

<Zola> Well maybe you'll seem less like an obsessed lover if you have a lady on your arm.

<Hugonel> Well, I would have to think of the most beautiful lady I know and ... :o

<Hugonel> Hey, I know!

  • Hugonel says in mock realization.

<Zola> Yes, yes. If you're going to go on a fruitless search, you might as well have company.

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Zola> If we do find her, I can at least give her a piece of my mind.

<Hugonel> Well ... how best to proceed then?

<Zola> Throw a party and invite Berthillon?

<Hugonel> Yes, what a lovely idea. And perhaps Dannan as well. I had invited her to come see you sing.

<Hugonel> She seemed open to the idea.

<Zola> Hmm, though I suppose if it is Eirini she'd just make an excuse not to attend if she knows you're the host.

<Hugonel> There is that.

<Hugonel> Well, perhaps we could invite Klara to come to the cabaret as a very special guest to hear you sing, and I could entertain her, and then ... I don't know how that relates. She was just so strikingly similar. Damn.

  • Zola rolls her eyes a little

<Zola> Is this really a search for Eirini or did you just want help in snagging Klara Dannan?

<Hugonel> Can't it be two things?

<Zola> As long as you're upfront -_-

<Hugonel> What I need is to not feel like my memory is failing me.

<Zola> I don't think two women who happen to remind you of something constitutes a memory crisis, dear.

<Zola> I'm sure if Eirini hadn't vanished in the midst of chaos you'd just be talking about how much you'd really like to bed Klara Dannan :P

<Hugonel> I suppose that's true.

<Hugonel> Would that help your prospects of a good review? I'd be happy to help in that case.

<Zola> Hah.

<Zola> I'm sure you would :P

<Zola> Just don't tell Lydienne she's coming or she'll knock me out and throw me in a trunk

<Hugonel> Well, I shall send out a very polite invitation for a night when you're on.

<Zola> Alright, I'll try to be in good form :)

<Hugonel> And then I shall have to pay her some very special attention. :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - I think you guys have a plan in place, yay :)

Denise has a conversation with Collete and Francois, and then on to Ander

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, Collete and Francois will come to talk to you.

<Denise> (where?)

<DiablotinNarrator> At the club, unless you've told them not to meet you there or something

<Denise> (nah that's fine)

<Denise> oh hey :)

<Collete> Hey Den :)

<Collete> How's tricks?

  • Denise assumes she can get away for a bit

<Denise> great!

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, Ander doens't mind if you take a break - go get a drink with your friends or whatever :)

<Denise> and you guys?

<Collete> Pretty good.

<Collete> So... we got some word about that dagger.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Collete> Yeah, Edvina's been looking into it, askin' around - subtle-like, though.

  • Denise looks around to see if Argent is around, but apparenlty not >.>

<Denise> what's she got?

<Collete> Well, it could be it belongs to this old lady, some kinda noble.

<Denise> yeah?

<Collete> Name's Alea Pervenche. They're all like dukes and stuff, the Pervenches.

<Collete> well not all of them. but you know.

<Denise> right

<Denise> so like...

<Denise> you gonna try an see if they'll buy it back?

  • Denise says, keeping her voice low

<Collete> Yeah, well... I'm not sure how. Edvina gave us the lead on her - I dunno how we get to talk to her, though.

<Collete> Just walk up to her door in the Grand and be like "Hey, you used to have a fancy knife?"

  • Denise chuckles

<Denise> yeah maybe that wouldnt go so well

<Denise> I dunno

<Denise> :/

<Francois> We were tryin' to figure out what to do

<Francois> do you think Ander would have some idea?

<Denise> I could ask 'im?

<Denise> he's always got *some* idea ^-^

<Francois> I mean.. maybe you don't wanna bring him in on this, but we gotta have some way to get to talk to a noble lady, an' that's out of my league

  • Denise nods

<Collete> An' even if we do talk to her, how does she know we ain't the ones who stole the thing in the first place?

<Collete> This is complicated :p

<Denise> well, who knows how long its been stole for?

<Denise> even if it's like... five years, we'd have to have been real ambitious :p

<Collete> Edvina says the lady had a knife like that, like.. back before the war, maybe?

<Collete> so a few years, maybe, yeah

<Collete> Some kinda family heirloom or whatever

<Collete> brought out from the Undercity, you know?

<Denise> maybe she won't ask no questions >.>

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> it is real nice

<Francois> well... so you think it'd be okay to talk to Ander about it?

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise says

<Denise> I can do it though

<Collete> Yeah, you know him better'n us

  • Denise seems a little pensive

<Collete> we can wait here, I guess?

  • Denise nods
  • Denise looks over to see if she oughta stop by the bar before heading back to her table >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Ander's running a bit low, yeah, you could snag him another drink

  • Denise will do!

<Denise> hey boss

  • Denise says, setting down said drink

<Ander> Thanks, Dee - how're your friends?

<Denise> oh, they're good!

<Denise> they wer just catchin' me uo on that fancy knife I was tellin' you about

<Ander> oh yeah?

<Denise> (or possibly broughht to show off at oene point ;)

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> so, like, we were gonna try and see if we could find otu if it were someone's, maybe they'd wanna get it back, ya know?

<Ander> right, makes sense

<Ander> did they find out who it belonged to?

<Denise> It turns out the lady who owned it is some nob, yeah

<Denise> so like, now we don't know how to like... go see her or what?

<Ander> well.. who is it?

<Denise> uh

<Denise> Al...ea Pervenche?

<Ander> o_O

<Denise> what?

<Ander> huh

<Ander> well... I guess if any old lady's gonna have a nice shankin' knife like that, it'd be her.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Ander> She's retired now. Or at least that's what they say. But she used to be in the Hush, from anything I heard.

<Denise> no way!

<Ander> Yeah way!

  • Ander echoes with a smile :)

<Denise> huh

  • Denise grins back

<Denise> well if that;s how it is maybe all we gotta do is like, put word out and she can come find us :p Maybe that wouldnt' go so well, I dunno >.>

  • Ander considers for a moment

<Ander> I think in this case, takin' the initiative might be good. If you go to her, then it looks better, maybe - like you know who she is, you respect her, whatever, an' it wasn't you who took the knife in the first place so you ain't gotta be afraid.

<Denise> right

<Denise> but like - how do we go see a nob lady? We ain't no ones :p

<Ander> You could send her a note, maybe - ask if she'd like to meet?

<Ander> I mean, doesn't have to be you personally - maybe Argent or Collete there could do it.

<Denise> yeah, they'd be way better for it

  • Denise says, knowing what her teeachers always said about her writing

<Denise> >.>

<Ander> But like... from anything I know about her, she knows how the game works - she ain't gonna be all hoity toity, I bet.

<Denise> just like say - hey we found somethin what belongs to you, you wanna meet and talk about it?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well that'll be easier

<Ander> Yeah, somethin' like that'd be fine.

<Denise> aright.

<Denise> thanks! :D

<Denise> you're really the best!

<Ander> Hey, no worries. Just be careful, you know? I think you can handle this, but if you need help, you can always ask.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> we will

  • Denise will slip back over to C&F to relay what she's learned

<Collete> My handwriting ain't the best either - maybe Argent would be better? If you can talk him into it, anyway.

  • Collete seems relieved to have some kind of plan going ahead, though.

<Denise> I'll see if I can't catch 'im later

<Collete> Great

<Collete> Well, let us know what happens... Thanks!

<Denise> will do!

Hettienne has a conversation with Ander

<DiablotinNarrator> well, while I've got Ander up, Hettie, he'd like to talk to you (if you're free :)

  • Ander will wave down Hettie if he sees her, or send word backstage that he's got some news

<Ander> (not with Denise, 'cause ... he's keeping her out of this for now)

  • Hettienne makes her way over to his table.

<Hettienne> Evenin'... What's the word?

  • Denise is fortunately off colluding with Argent :V

<Ander> Got a few things to talk about, ma'am.

<Ander> First things first, though.

  • Hettienne raises an eyebrow questioningly.
  • Ander digs into his pocket and hands you over a roll of bills - you'd say about 80 imps?

<Ander> First payment.

  • Hettienne palms it deftly.

<Hettienne> Much obliged.

  • Hettienne grins

<Ander> It's doin' pretty well so far - we're liable to run out of supply before your brother gets back.

<Ander> whenever that might be. Do you know if he's plannin' on bringin' more?

<Hettienne> (did he say?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you think he was, but with what happened to Vairon, he might be a bit thrown off the plan)

<Hettienne> He was... but with Vorain gettin' got like he did...

  • Ander nods

<Hettienne> I'll let you know if he sends me any word.

<Ander> Well, I think anything he brings, there's a good market for it.

<Hettienne> (Vairon, durr)

<Hettienne> I'll pass it on.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> About Vairon.

  • Ander says, a bit more seriously
  • Hettienne leans in.

<Ander> Askin' around about a fella with a metal arm, since that seems like the best lead.

  • Hettienne nods.

<Ander> I heard there's a guy, name of Servan Aigel. He matches that description - was in the war, got his left arm blowed off an' has a metal one in its place.

<Hettienne> (does the name ring any bells?)

<Ander> (nope)

<Hettienne> (k local 25... oh ok)

<Ander> Young fella - younger'n me, anyway.

<Ander> I dunno if he's your man. He prolly ain't the only one to lose an arm in the war, you know?

<Hettienne> I guess... but what else we know about this hood?

<Ander> What made me think it might be him is, I heard rumours he was connected to a couple other murders.

<Ander> Nothin' connected to drugs or that sorta thing.

<Hettienne> Who'd he bump off, then?

<Ander> Well, the guy I heard the story from said there was a girl in Pearl named Dayna. A hooker, so nobody paid too much attention. Found'er in the river.

<Hettienne> Uh-huh...

<Ander> She'd been pallin' around with this Servan for a week or two before she died, then nobody saw him 'round there again.

<Hettienne> Maybe she found out somethin' about him he didn't want her knowin'...

  • Hettienne speculates.

<Ander> An' another story, this one I dunno if it was the same guy or not - there was a shop owner, a shadar-kai fella, whose shop burned down. Some folks saw a man with one arm 'round there the day it happened, few hours before.

<Hettienne> D'you know his name?

<Hettienne> The stiff I mean.

<Ander> Faril? somethin' like that, I get those names mixed up sometimes.

  • Hettienne tries to keep track of all this in her head.

<Ander> Denise's better with shadar-kai stuff, really.

<Ander> but I get you don't wanna drag her in on this.

<Hettienne> Yeah...

  • Hettienne frowns.

<Hettienne> Maybe Lathra...

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Up to you how you wanna take it from there.

<Ander> Last bit of news... you asked about Nycki Duployé >.>

<Hettienne> Yeah...?

<Ander> well, I asked around, found out where she's restin' her head these days.

<Ander> She's got a house in the Pav, on Marigold Court. Nice little place, checked it out myself.

  • Hettienne tries to keep her expression neutral, while her emotions are going crazy on the inside @_@

<Hettienne> THe Pav.

<Ander> Yeah. Nothin' huge an' fancy, but she must be doin' okay for herself.

<Hettienne> Well, ain't that a peach...

<Ander> I heard somethin' else too. Might be a rumour but ...

  • Hettienne waits for it...

<Ander> she's got a lady friend from the Corriveaux, Mlle. Tatiane Renaud. I dunno what kind of friends they are.

<Hettienne> Corriveaux?!

  • Ander delivers that part a bit more gently, maybe guessing it's not what you'd wanna hear

<Ander> I know, right?

<Hettienne> That shit ain't right.

  • Hettienne thins her lips.
  • Hettienne 's hand twitches subtly towards where her weapon is concealed in her jacket.

<Ander> Sorry I ain't got better news, I guess.

<Hettienne> Well. It is what it is.

  • Ander nods

<Hettienne> Thanks, Ander.

<Hettienne> You're a stand-up fella.

<Ander> Hey, you're welcome.

<Ander> Just let me know if there's somethin' you need help with.

<Hettienne> Ain't she a regular here?

<Ander> I seen her a few times, yeah.

  • Hettienne scowls.

<Hettienne> Well just.. if ya happen to hear anything else.

<Ander> Not here with Nycki, though. That's more .. hush hush ;p

<Hettienne> She wouldn't DARE come here. >:(

  • Hettienne fumes.

<Ander> you want me to point out Tatiane next time she's around?

<Ander> assumin' you ain't gonna gun her down in the alley >.>

<Hettienne> That'd be aces.

<Hettienne> Not in the alley. :|

<Ander> .... kay then.

<Hettienne> No, no... I know.

<Hettienne> You don't shit where you eat.

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Just.... be careful, yeah?

<Hettienne> Thanks.

<Hettienne> I best be gettin' backstage.

<Ander> All right then. Good talkin' with you, Hettie.

<Hettienne> And yerself.

  • Hettienne nods to him, and shoves off for the backstage area, stewing.


Dorien takes Gen to see his old master

<DiablotinNarrator> So, I believe you wanted to go talk to Mme. Sormet and see if she knows anything about where Polly Hayn might be these days?

<Genevriel> (Something like that, yeah.)

<Dorien_Voclain> (yes!)

<DiablotinNarrator> were you planning to visit her at work, or at home?

<Genevriel> (I'm going where Dorien leads me. Dorien?)

<Dorien_Voclain> (Probably work would be better, I think.)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make your way to her lab, which is located on the outskirts of the Place d'Iena

<Dorien_Voclain> This place brings back a few things.

<Genevriel> Memories?

<DiablotinNarrator> (far enough from most things that any explosions, weird fumes, or other alchemical 'hiccups' might not be too dangerous)

<Dorien_Voclain> (heh)

<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah.

<Genevriel> Bad ones or good ones?

  • Dorien_Voclain shrugs.

<Dorien_Voclain> A little of both. Mostly good.

  • Dorien_Voclain walks up the steps to the door and knocks.

<Genevriel> Well, that's all right. I'm sorry about the bad ones, though.

  • Genevriel stands a little behind and to one side of her cousin.

<DiablotinNarrator> A young girl - like really quite young, probably 12, 13? answers the door.

<Girl> Yes?

<Dorien_Voclain> Hello. I'm looking for Mme. Sormet. My Name's Dorien Voclain. I'm an old acquaintance of hers.

  • Girl looks a bit uncertain
  • Genevriel feels a sharp and unexpected pain as a memory of Andri at that age flashes into her head. She manages to quell it though.

<Girl> She's working... but I can see if she can talk to you.

<Dorien_Voclain> I would appreciate it, thank you.

  • Girl closes the door on you again
  • Dorien_Voclain flinches slightly.

<Genevriel> It's Eleventh-month. Too cold to leave doors open.

  • Genevriel states sensibly.

<Dorien_Voclain> Possibly. Still, her taste in apprentices seems to have diminished of late.

<Dorien_Voclain> She could have invited us in, at least. :/

  • Girl comes back a short while later.

<Girl> Mme. Sormet can see you now.

<Dorien_Voclain> Thank you.

  • Dorien_Voclain will follow her in
  • Genevriel smiles her thanks as well.
  • Dorien_Voclain rubs his hands to warm them.
  • Julienne emerges from what you, Dorien, know is her workspace. She's wearing a lab coat and has pushed her goggles up onto her head to see you better.

<Julienne> Dorien, well, I never!

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles.
  • Julienne comes over and gives you a hug.

<Dorien_Voclain> Mme. Sormet!

  • Dorien_Voclain returns the hug

<Dorien_Voclain> You haven't aged a day!

  • Genevriel waits politely for the two old friends (?) to greet one another.

<Julienne> Oh, I don't know about that... But thank you for saying so

<Dorien_Voclain> How's business? I see you have a new apprentice.

  • Julienne 's brown hair does have a little more grey in it than the last time you saw her

<Julienne> Yes - Blanca is just starting out, but she's got promise, I think.

<Dorien_Voclain> Good to hear :)

<Julienne> But what are you doing lately? I thought you'd ... well, I thought perhaps you'd moved, or changed lines of work.

  • Genevriel is curious about how her cousin will answer that.

<Dorien_Voclain> No, I'm still in the game. Just... off the grid a bit. I'm working for a private client. I hope to return to the general alchemy scene soon, though. It's been a strange few years.

<Julienne> Well... I'm glad to see you again, and to hear that you're doing all right.

<Julienne> And ... who is your friend?

  • Julienne asks, turning to Gen
  • Genevriel steps forward and extends her hand in greeting.

<Dorien_Voclain> Oh! I'm so sorry, where are my manners. Mme Sormet, this is my cousin Genevriel.

<Genevriel> I'm Genevriel Doucette... Dorien's cousin.

  • Genevriel says at the same time as Dorien speaks.

<Dorien_Voclain> She was hoping you might be able to help her with a personal question.

<Julienne> Oh, well... I can try?

  • Julienne offers her hand to shake
  • Julienne has gloves on, of course

<Genevriel> (Well that makes two of us!)

<Julienne> Would you like to come in and sit down?

<Genevriel> I'm just looking for an old acquaintance of my own. We fought together in Psyra. Dorien thought you might know where I could find her. Her name is Polly Hayn.

<Genevriel> Oh, only if it's no trouble.

<Julienne> No trouble at all. As long as you aren't hoping for anything beyond some tea and biscuits :)

  • Julienne sends her apprentice to get those
  • Julienne leads you into her lab, where there's a couple seats and a couch that looks like she probably sleeps on it sometimes.

<Dorien_Voclain> Still sleeping at work?

  • Genevriel selects a seat and folds her tall frame into it.

<Julienne> Well, when there's something that needs observation over night...

  • Dorien_Voclain laughs
  • Julienne nods to the direction of her various bubbling solutions

<Genevriel> What are you working on? Or is it a trade secret?

  • Genevriel smiles in a charming fashion.

<Julienne> Well... it's rather an interesting matter, at least to me. Perhaps to Dorien as well.

<Dorien_Voclain> Oh?

  • Julienne smiles

<Julienne> Take a look - tell me what you think.

  • Julienne says, as she used to when she was your teacher.

<Dorien_Voclain> (do I recognize the set up or the chemicals involved?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (make an Alchemy check and we'll see :)

<Dorien_Voclain> !r 1d20+10

<DiablotinNarrator> (!roll)

<Dorien_Voclain> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Dorien_Voclain: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 18 ].
  • Genevriel waits patiently for Dorien to pass his test.

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't know precisely what this stuff is. it's not something you recognize, although you can see that it's something highly mutable. As you watch, the colour of the liquid is gradually changing, its consistency seems quite variable, it takes on an oily sheen and then seems to froth somewhat, then calms down again...

<DiablotinNarrator> You can tell from the set-up that she's running tests on it, at the least.

  • Dorien_Voclain peers at the chemical quizzically, "Well... it's unstable. Possibly some kind of secondary elemental reaction. I don't believe I've ever seen this before. What have you found out so far?"

<Julienne> I'd be surprised if you had recognized it - I haven't seen it before quite recently either.

<Julienne> I'm afraid I need to keep my source on it secret for right now. But its effects, as far as I've been able to test them, are highly variable.

<Dorien_Voclain> Interesting...

<Julienne> By and large, it makes you sick - but there are sometimes other effects that are far more ... interesting, yes.

  • Dorien_Voclain peers at the instruments, appearing to have forgotten about his previous reason for being here.

<Julienne> I'm proceeding cautiously - I don't want to find out the hard way that some of the side-effects are fatal ;p

  • Genevriel pours a cup of tea for herself after Blanca brings it in.

<Julienne> But broadly, it does seem to assist with awareness... intuition... insight. even if at the same time you're throwing up ;p

<Dorien_Voclain> Very odd. Have you run a full DuLoussian manifold test on it yet? How does it react with psychic reagents?

  • Dorien_Voclain will speak techno babble :3

<Genevriel> Would either of you like a cup?

<Genevriel> Of tea.

  • Dorien_Voclain looks up, as if remembering his cousin is there. "Oh! Yes, please."

<Dorien_Voclain> Sorry, I got a bit lost there for a moment.

<Julienne> It has some psychic properties, but there are also physical manifestations... one included a rather nasty stench that lingered for a full day.

<Genevriel> Quite all right. I'd be the same when confronted by a strange new plant or animal.

  • Genevriel pours a cup of tea for each of you.

<Dorien_Voclain> Well, it looks like an interesting project. I'm rather envious, actually.

<Julienne> I'm still analyzing, but its very properties seem to continue to change, just when I think I've got something pinned down...

<Julienne> But I'm sorry - I'm rambling.

<Julienne> You wanted to know about a friend of yours?

  • Julienne asks Gen

<Genevriel> No need to apologize for enthusiastically embracing research.

<Genevriel> But yes, Polly Hayn. She was on my squad. Whipped up explosives and the like for us.

<Julienne> Hayn, Hayn...

  • Julienne thinks

<Dorien_Voclain> I seemed to remember her name coming up in conversation while I was here.

<Dorien_Voclain> I believe she was one of Audejans.

<Julienne> Oh, that's right, that rings a bell.

<Dorien_Voclain> But I have no idea where she might be now. i thought you might.

<Julienne> After the war, I think she went back to work for Niklaus. They were conducting some sort of top-secret research, as I recall.

<Genevriel> Or at least where one might begin looking for her.

<Genevriel> (too slow again)

<Julienne> Some sort of government contract, maybe? I don't know the details, of course.

  • Genevriel nods and glances over at Dorien.

<Genevriel> Niklaus being her old master?

<Julienne> Yes, that's right.

<Genevriel> So, where does he work, if you please?

<Dorien_Voclain> Do you know if they're still working together?

  • Genevriel asks Julienne.

<Julienne> His research lab is outside the city, north of Rhenea.

  • Julienne gives you some rough directions
  • Genevriel commits them to memory.

<Genevriel> Thank you.

<Julienne> I'd offer to telephone him, but I don't think he holds with anything that lets people interrupt him more easily.

<Dorien_Voclain> Thank you. We'll stop in to visit him.

<Julienne> All right.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Julienne> So... you're considering getting back into the profession, Dorien?

<Genevriel> . o O (He didn't ever quite leave it, you know...)

<Dorien_Voclain> Yes. With some luck.

<Dorien_Voclain> I... I assume you heard about the accident.

<Julienne> I did...

<Julienne> But accidents happen in any field. Don't let past troubles stand in your way. You have a great talent, and it would be a shame for that to go to waste.

<Dorien_Voclain> I... thank you. I'll try. It's not an easy thing to recover from.

<Julienne> Well, good luck.

<Julienne> Let me know if there's any way I can help.

<Dorien_Voclain> It's good seeing you again, Julienne. I can never thank you enough for everything you gave me as an apprentice.

  • Julienne pats you on the shoulder

<Dorien_Voclain> And this time I promise I won't stay away so long. Maybe we can have lunch some time and catch up.

<Julienne> That sounds lovely.

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles
  • Genevriel smiles to herself.

<Julienne> Oh, it's undergoing another shift... I'd better get back to my observations.

<Dorien_Voclain> Of course. Thank you again for your help.

  • Julienne says, glancing at the strange liquid that is now turning black and viscous

<Genevriel> Well thank you for the tea and bicuits, Mme. Sormet, and your help, yes. It was a real pleasure meeting you.

<Julienne> Very nice to meet you too, of course.

  • Julienne says, somewhat distracted again
  • Dorien_Voclain takes another quick look at the chemical and its reaction before tearing himself away and leading Gen out.

<Genevriel> Well that went well.

  • Genevriel observes as we walk away.

<Genevriel> Do you suppose it came from [chain of islands that are being explored... can't remember the name]?

<Dorien_Voclain> I don't know, but it seems possible.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien_Voclain> It's definitely something I've never come across.

<Dorien_Voclain> Curiouser and curiouser...

<Dorien_Voclain> Well, at least we know where Audejans is. Hopefully he'll know more.

<Genevriel> Well, once you get re-established you'll have some opportunities to look into it more deeply.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Dorien_Voclain smiles. Let's hope.

<Genevriel> Do you want to come with me to visit M. Audejans? I can probably manage on my own if you don't.

<Genevriel> But you'd be welcome to. Probably can't hurt to spread the word that you'll soon be looking for a position?

<Genevriel> Maybe not spread it at the Cabaret, though.

<Genevriel> Up to you.

<Dorien_Voclain> Hah. I'd be glad to accompany you. I suppose it can't hurt to make some connections.

<Dorien_Voclain> Plus, now I'm curious about this "Top Secret" work he and Polly were involved in.

<Genevriel> May still be involved in.

<Dorien_Voclain> Indeed.

<Dorien_Voclain> (Julie, I assume you'd want to do that next week?)

<Dorien_Voclain> (or next session, rather)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, that'd probably be a good scene :)

<Dorien_Voclain> (cool :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (adventuring party! goin' outside the city! oooOOOoooh)

<DiablotinNarrator> (kind of)

<Dorien_Voclain> heh

<Genevriel> So when would be an opportune time to travel out to his lab?

  • Genevriel will sort that out with Dorien as we walk, so Julia can move on to someone else's scene.

Argent looks into the missing staff

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you were hoping to look more into the staff and its mysterious disappearance?

<Argent> (why yes I was)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - how would you like to proceed with that? were you going to ask around the club? if so, who did you want to ask?

<Argent> (hmm... wasn't sure where to take this, guess I can talk with the head of security first)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure, that works

  • Argent will approach him casually during a slow down
  • Geffrard leans against the wall, just keeping an eye on the main room

<Argent> Nice to see things back to normal, at least for a little while, eh?

<Geffrard> It's been quiet, so that's good as far as I'm concerned.

  • Geffrard agrees

<Argent> Forgot to tell you about that photographer that tried to sneak in to the club for the private party... told him to pound sand.

<Geffrard> Ah, that little shit - he's been hanging around, yeah. Good on you for not letting him in.

<Argent> even offered me 20 imps.

  • Argent laughs

<Geffrard> Well - I should tell Tits you deserve a bonus then - turning down bribes and such.

  • Geffrard may or may not be joking
  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> whatever... by the way, did anything else ever come of that strange staff that vanished from the vault

<Geffrard> But maybe you're making enough in tips not to worry about that.

<Geffrard> oh... that. weird story, there.

<Argent> I was just thinkin' sticks aint likely to grow legs and walk away, thats all.

<Geffrard> So, we were holding it in the vault, and the cops thought she might try to come back for it, so we were keeping a pretty good eye on it, or I thought we were anyway.

<Geffrard> Something like that up and disappears under my nose, that bothers me.

<Argent> understandable... i'm sure you talked to all your folks who were supposed to have eyes or keys to the vault.

<Geffrard> Sure did.

<Geffrard> Of course nobody says anything went wrong - nobody loaning the key around, or admits they took it or anything like that.

<Geffrard> But I did hear one ... strange story. I don't know how much stock to put in it.

<Argent> there were fairies running arround the club... strange may be a good place to start.

<Geffrard> There's that... but if it was one of those invisible little bastards, then I'm at a loss as to how to stop it. If it's a person, then I can deal with that.

<Argent> so the story?

<Geffrard> Tits has put in some new security measures, at least, that might help - not that it'll get back the staff at this point.

  • Argent nods

<Geffrard> Right, so... day after the thing disappeared.

<Geffrard> We've been all over the club looking for it, of course.

<Argent> well yeah

<Geffrard> And I asked folks too, like you said - folks who have the key, or who might have reason to be around the vault.

<Geffrard> Nobody saw a damn thing, as far as they're willing to admit.

<Geffrard> But Julian did mention he saw Jonas had a walking stick that day.

<Argent> that does sound a little strange

<Geffrard> Jonas doesn't usually walk with a stick, so that's weird to start with. And nobody else seems to remember seeing him with it - none of the other musicians, for instance.

<Geffrard> I asked him about it.

<Geffrard> He said his back was bothering him that day, so he was using a cane. Nothing more to it.

<Geffrard> And I don't want to cost Tits a good violinist by pressing further, but... that's the closest thing to a lead I've got.

<Argent> he's not the healthiest lookin' fella.

<Geffrard> Yeah - it's not beyond plausible that he might need a stick to walk with sometimes. I just can't remember seeing him with one before. But that doesn't mean it's a lie, necessarily.

<Geffrard> But with magic, maybe you make something look like something it's not...

<Argent> so i've heard... Aubrienne does it all the time.

<Geffrard> Jonas is a bit of a weird guy, keeps to himself mostly. But... lots of musicians are weird anyway :p

<Argent> I've heard they like to be called Artists

<Geffrard> heh

  • Argent chuckles

<Geffrard> I asked Tits how she wanted me to proceed. Whether I should really lean on him over this, or tell the cops, or what.

<Geffrard> She didn't think it was connected. She thinks some creepy little fairy or whatever it is, snuck in and stole the thing.

<Geffrard> And maybe that's what happened. It makes as much sense as anything.

<Argent> she's probably right

  • Geffrard nods

<Geffrard> I just can't quite shake the feeling that Jonas knows something about it.

<Geffrard> Something about the look in his eyes when I asked him about it. He's hiding something.

<Geffrard> But then who isn't ;p

<Argent> could be anything... maybe he's sneaking gin out in the walking stick.

  • Geffrard shrugs

<Geffrard> Anyway - I got told to let it go, so I did. But what you want to do with it, that's your call. Just don't say it came from me.

<Argent> mums the word.

  • Argent will slip off then

<DiablotinNarrator> (did you want to talk to anyone else? we still have a bit of time)

<Argent> (hmm... Jonas isn't apt to talk with anyone, does he have a drinking problem? Could chat with our bartender)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure - Neva or Suren?)

<Argent> (Neva)

  • Neva can be found at the bar, doing some tidying up as it's fairly quiet right now<Argent> You've been missing your bar mascot for a while.
  • Argent points to the seat where Dorien usually dwelled.

<Neva> Yeah... don't tell the little sleazeball, but I miss him.

<Argent> I'd never mention a word

<Neva> Especially since with him gone, I get a question every five minutes about where to get his product.

<Neva> Is he coming back anytime?

<Argent> I'm not sure... hes had quite a bit going on in his life right now. Personal stuff.

  • Neva nods

<Neva> Hope he's okay.

<Argent> I've been keepin' an eye on him. If he was in real trouble, ild let someone know.

<Neva> That's good.

<Argent> Imagine our own musical staff have been hittin' you up more now that he's gone too.

  • Neva pours you a shot of the medium-good whiskey while you chat

<Neva> Some folks, sure. If they don't really care what they're dosing on, just want something to kill some time.

<Neva> Some people have more specific tastes.

<Argent> How about Jonas, he has the look of specific tastes?

  • Argent will enjoy the wiskey with a nod

<Neva> Jonas doesn't drink at all, at least not from the bar.

<Neva> He has a flask he keeps with him, takes a swig every so often - honestly, I always figured it might be medicine, the way the guy looks.

<Argent> suppose that makes sense. You ever hear what happened to him?

<Neva> People say he was in the war. I don't know beyond that...

<Neva> but there's one thing about him that's weird.

<Neva> well no - there's lots of things that are weird.

  • Argent chuckles at that

<Argent> oh?

<Neva> This is going to sound crazy

<Neva> But the guy never gets wet.

  • Argent gives a quizical look

<Neva> He comes in from the rain, like today when it's pissing down outside, puddles everywhere... not even his shoes are damp.

<Argent> that is... odd.

<Neva> yeah

<Neva> Maybe he's got some spell he likes to use that keeps him dry. I dunno.

<Argent> I've heard of using magic to dry your clothes, but not to keep them from getting wet.

  • Neva nods
  • Argent shakes his head

<Neva> It seems like a weird thing to bother over, if it's a spell.

<Neva> just carry an umbrella ;p

<Argent> I agree

<Argent> that would be more practical

<Neva> People are weird, in general. Everyone's got their quirks. That's just what I've noticed about him.

<Argent> who knows, maybe he got tired of getting rained on in the war and swore "never to get wet again"

  • Argent does his best to mimic Jonas' voice

<Neva> Maybe so.

<Neva> Well, that and that when he plays, everyone wants to throw themselves at him, even though he looks like death warmed over - but honestly, that's musicians for you. They can look like the arse-end of a mule and someone still wants to fuck them.

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> not somethin' ive experienced

<Neva> Maybe you need to take up an instrument, then.

<Argent> something to consider, I guess

<Argent> thanks for the wiskey

  • Neva smiles

<Neva> Sure, talk to you later


Lathra and Aubrienne investigate the Forestheart with Tristan

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra and Aubrienne, Tristan will stop by... hm, probably the temple is the easiest place for him to get in touch with you two

<Lathra> (His temple, or the s-k one?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (the SK one, if he's looking for you ladies)

<Aubrienne> Tristan! It's great to see you. How are you?

<Tristan> I'm doing well, thanks. How are you both?

<Aubrienne> Well, for the most part.

<Aubrienne> (Is this during/before/after a service?)

<Tristan> (let's say after)

<Lathra> I'm well, in myself.

<Tristan> Glad to hear it.

<Tristan> I wanted to give you a bit of an update on the gentleman you asked me about.

  • Lathra nods, listening

<Tristan> Well, I paid a visit, once I heard that he was troubled by nightmares and visions... I thought perhaps I could help, and his wife was quite welcoming once I explained why I was there.

<Tristan> I'm familiar with a spell that helps to ward off such troubled dreams, so I offered to cast it on him.

<Lathra> Oh my, how hopeful!

<Tristan> It seems to be helping quite a bit, at least as far as his mental state is concerned.

<Tristan> He's been resting more peacefully.

<Lathra> I'm so relieved!

<Aubrienne> That's wonderful.

<Tristan> Unfortunately, I don't know that I can aid his physical ailments... but maybe better rest will help with that too.

<Tristan> When he's awake, he's able to speak more coherently, at least.

<Tristan> I have to return each day to cast the spell, but that's a small sacrifice to make, since it seems to help him.

<Lathra> Oh my, that's awfully kind of you. I know it means the world to them, and to me.

  • Aubrienne nods earnestly

<Tristan> I'm glad that I'm able to help. I was actually going to head over there shortly to cast the spell for today.

<Tristan> I'm sure that Mme. Neherin would like to thank you as well - she's very grateful.

<Tristan> Would you like to accompany me? Or if you'd prefer to pay her a visit another time, I'm sure she'd be happy to see you.

<Lathra> I'd be glad to accompany you, and I'm glad you came to see us, dear. Aubrienne and I are becoming concerned that rather a lot of strange sights and visions have a certain... commonality to them.

<Tristan> Oh?

<Aubrienne> Lathra is absolutely correct. There have been several instances of similar...visions, it would seem.

<Lathra> It's nothing concrete, and we're not experts enough to confirm anything.

<Aubrienne> It don't mean to intrude, but would it be possible for me to accompany you? I wouldn't want to impose upon your friends' hospitality, but I have something of a personal interest in these goings-on.

<Tristan> I don't think she would mind?

<Aubrienne> Not to mention something of a professional one. I'm unfamiliar with the spell you're describing, and, after all, an education is never finished.

<Tristan> Then by all means, let's talk about it as we head over there.

<Lathra> I don't believe she'd mind either, but I'll stay outside - M. doesn't need any more stress than is necessary.

<Tristan> Now.. you said you were noticing some patterns in visions? Can you tell me more about that?

  • Tristan asks as you make your way to Dasra and Raimond's house.

<Aubrienne> Have you ever heard of something called "the Forestheart"?

<Tristan> I don't think so. What is it?

<Aubrienne> It may be related.

<Lathra> Yes, I believe it was a relative of yours that sent your letter about it, Aubrienne?

<Aubrienne> I recently received my brother's last letter from the war. He went missing, and he writes in his letter about a world beyond ours, and beings there calling to him.

<Tristan> Oh... I'm sorry for your loss. That must be very upsetting.

<Aubrienne> It sounded, well, it sounded something like the vision of yours we were present for.

  • Tristan nods

<Aubrienne> And the letter ends with the phrase, "The Forestheart is open..."

<Aubrienne> As I said, we thought it might be both related and significant.

<Aubrienne> (Have we had much of a chance to talk to anyone about this? Contacts/allies/etc.?)

<Tristan> That ... is quite troubling, yes. Well, I don't know if troubling is the right word, but ... puzzling, at any rate.

<Lathra> Well *I* find it troubling, dear.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I hadn't heard who you wanted to talk to?)

<Lathra> (I don't think we got around to telling you, sorry - we discussed doing some research in our solos)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no problem - I am happy to let you know what people can tell you, if anything, I just need to know who you're asking :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'll assume you have been asking around, though, since that's something you had discussed doing)

<Aubrienne> (Aubrienne would have talked to her wizard contact/mentor, and likely as many Serpent priests as she can get ahold of. Probably also anyone else from the Rat sorcery program thing, and any social contacts she might have made at the Castalia)

<Aubrienne> (Though, other than her mentor, she probably would have been somewhat light about it. Social calls that happen to include the discussion.)

<Lathra> (We were going to talk to Elaknar, and talk to Titania about whether there was somebody at the Castilia who might be able to help)

<DiablotinNarrator> (let's say for the sake of simplicity that whoever you've talked to so far hasn't really known anything about 'The Forestheart'. I will plan for a thread with ... someone who has something useful to tell you, once I figure out who that is :)

<Aubrienne> (Heh, okie doke :))

<Lathra> Did we tell you that we were attacked by mischievious magical creatures at our workplace, several weeks ago? I don't know that they're *connected* as such, but I do feel like there are a lot of strange goings-on in my life all of a sudden.

<Tristan> Interesting... if worrying.

<Aubrienne> My life tends to be strange in general, but this all new weirdness.

<Aubrienne> And possibly dangerous weirdness.

<Aubrienne> Hence the worrying.

  • Tristan nods

<Tristan> Do you think the 'Forestheart' may be connected to the trees in M. Neherin's nightmares?

<Aubrienne> It sounds as though it could be.

<Lathra> Well that's quite the thing, isn't it! I hadn't put my finger on it, but I did feel like there were a lot of mentions of "forests" and "them" and "coming back" or "reclaiming" or some such.

<Aubrienne> To that end...if his nightmares, or, indeed, any of these visions have an outside source, is there a possibility of tracking that influence?

<Tristan> That is an interesting question... I'm not sure if that's possible, but perhaps if he's more able to speak and answer questions, he might be able to shed some light on the matter.

<Aubrienne> If he's up for it, that could be very enlightening.

<Tristan> I can say that I did try detecting whether there was any magic affecting him, and I wasn't able to perceive any at that time

  • Tristan brings you to the Neherin's door
  • Dasra welcomes you warmly, pleased to see Lathra again.

<Lathra> Why Dasra dear, it's positively delightful to see you!

<Dasra> Thank you so much for coming :)

<Lathra> I do hope you don't mind but I've invited my dear friend Aubrienne - she has a family member who may have a similar affliction, and she'd very much like to learn from Tristan how to cast his wonderful spell.

<Dasra> Raimond's sleep has been so much better, and I owe you my thanks for that, for helping connect us with Arad Tristan.

<Dasra> Of course, I'm pleased to meet you, Aubrienne.

<Aubrienne> I do hope I'm not imposing.

<Dasra> No, it's quite all right.

<Aubrienne> A pleasure to meet you as well. You have a lovely home.

<Dasra> Thank you

<Tristan> Should we go upstairs and see your husband now?

  • Tristan inquires

<Dasra> Oh, certainly, thank you.

  • Dasra will escort you up to Raimond's room.

<Lathra> Raimond dear, how *have* you been?

  • Raimond is slightly propped up in bed, looking rather better than the last time you saw him, though still far from well.

<Raimond> <w> I'm feeling better, it's good to see you.

<Tristan> Wonderful :)

<Lathra> Oh I'm so glad!

<Tristan> I'll just cast the spell again, then, and hopefully you can have another good rest afterwards.

<Lathra> I've brought a friend along, she'd like to watch Tristan cast his spell if that's alright with you, Raimond? I can wait outside with Dasra if it's too crowded.

<Raimond> <w> It's all right.

<Aubrienne> Thank you, sir.

  • Tristan 's spell takes 10 minutes to cast, during which you can observe
  • Lathra watches quietly, making sure that Raimond is comfortable.
  • Dasra observes quietly as well
  • Tristan eventually concludes his casting, placing his hand on Raimond's brow for a moment before he's done.
  • Aubrienne will be as quiet and unobtrusive as possible

<Tristan> There you go... all set for another day, I hope.

<Dasra> We can't thank you enough.

  • Tristan smiles

<Raimond> <w> Yes, thank you.

<Tristan> Do you feel up to talking for a little, Raimond?

  • Raimond nods

<Raimond> <w> For a little, yes.

  • Tristan glances at Lathra and Aubrienne, to see if they wanted to ask, or if he should
  • Aubrienne will look to Lathra, but otherwise nod to Tristan for him to proceed.
  • Lathra will ask

<Aubrienne> (There we go then :))

<Lathra> Raimond dear, we've noticed that some people's bad dreams or visions at the moment are somewhat similar, and we've heard mention a "forestheart". Does that mean anything to you, dear?

<Raimond> <w> The Forestheart.... it's a place. Or, it was a place.

<Lathra> . o O ( :o )

<Lathra> Do go on...

<Raimond> <w> At Seda Grove... there was a huge tree, a very old one, hollowed out and half-dead.

<Raimond> <w> Growing out of, or around, this rock, with a pond at the base. That's what they called it.

<Lathra> <w> "Seda Grove"...

  • Raimond nods

<Raimond> <w> It all burned.

<Raimond> <w> I kept dreaming about it... not since you've been casting this spell, though.

  • Tristan nods

<Tristan> Does that make sense with what you'd heard?

  • Tristan asks Aubrienne

<Lathra> Was there a lot more? Other places, events? If it's a lot I can come back with Tristan as often as it takes for you to tell us?

<Raimond> <w> The trees there... it was like they were ... watching. alive. I don't know how to describe it.

<Aubrienne> <w> Just to clarify...who called it the Forestheart?

<Aubrienne> (Well, maybe soft voice, not whisper)

<Raimond> <w> The troops... I don't know what the Psyrenes called it, if they had another name for it. I don't know where the name came from, just that that's what people started calling it.

<Aubrienne> Thank you, M. Neherin.

  • Raimond nods
  • Lathra stands still for moments, stunned.

<Raimond> <w> I can tell you more about it, if you want. But I'd like to rest now. Maybe another day.

<Lathra> I will most assuredly be back to hear it, dear.

  • Lathra says a quiet invocation to exhort Vrag to allow Raimond a little peace.
  • Aubrienne will echo Lathra's prayer
  • Dasra will show you out after, then, with many thanks.

<Aubrienne> Thank you again. This was certainly...educational.

<Lathra> It was... although I feel like I know less than ever. Dasra dear, I *do* feel like this could be important; we must be sure as always that you're both safe and well.

<Dasra> All right.... You think that Raimond's dreams are connected with things that are happening to other people too?

<Lathra> That's just it, and for him to recognise that word, "Forestheart" makes me more certain than ever.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> well... I'll try to keep him healthy and well-rested.

<Dasra> ...or do you think we need to engage some kind of security? is this something more dangerous than just his illness?

<Lathra> My word, I hadn't even considered it!

<Aubrienne> I don't want to alarm you, but I think it's possible you might want to consider some sort of warding.

<Dasra> I only wonder because, if you think it has to do with Seda Grove, I heard about what happened to Byran Dyess... but maybe that's nothing to worry about. Warding, that might be possible, yes...

<Tristan> Thank you again for all your help. You're welcome back any time, of course.

<Tristan> (er, ww)

<Dasra> Thank you again for all your help. You're welcome back any time, of course.

<Dasra> I'll look into some kind of wards for the house.

  • Tristan nods

<Tristan> I'll see you tomorrow, then.

<Lathra> And I will arrange to come too, to hear Raimond's tales.

<DiablotinNarrator> (we can do that as a thread, if you like?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Tales of Seda Grove, starring Raimond)

<Aubrienne> (To Lathra) Keep me apprised?

<Lathra> (That'd be ace)

<Lathra> (To Aubrienne) We can meet in the evenings for you to read my notes.

<Aubrienne> Swell.

<Aubrienne> At least we have some confirmation, and more to go on.

<DiablotinNarrator> The end, for now...

Solos

Denise talks about the knife with Argent

  • Denise will try and grab Argent when he's on a break
  • Argent will let himself be grabbed

<Denise> how's your night goin'?

<Argent> Not nearly as exciting as that night with the private party, but it goes. Whats up girl?

<Denise> Collete an' Francois were here, but you just missed 'em

<Argent> Bad luck on my part. What are they sayin'?

<Denise> found out who owned that fancy knife

<Argent> thats some good scrounging work on their part. So spill!

  • Argent encourages with a smile

<Denise> I guess it were mostly edvina, but anyway - turns out it is this nob lady, Alea Pervenche

<Denise> so like, we were all well, shit how do we talk to her, right?

<Denise> But, then, like - Ander says she was in the Hush

<Argent> Really?

  • Denise says, keeping her voice low, as you do when talking about a: crime and b: the hush

<Denise> yeah

  • Argent has excellent hearing, so thats fine

<Denise> he said if amny old lady would own a nice shankin' knife like that, it'd be her

<Argent> wonder how she lost it?

<Denise> and like its prolly an old family thing, like from the Undercity

<Denise> dunno, guess it was maybe back before the war

<Argent> not really important probably

<Denise> yeah

<Argent> so whats the plan?

<Denise> so like, we think we shudl just try and send her a note, tell her we found somethin' that belongs to her, and see if she'd meet us

<Denise> 'cause like if she's been in the game, she knows how it goes, ya know?

<Denise> so maybe she would

<Denise> but like >.>

<Denise> Can you mayeb write it>?

<Denise> I mean liek.... you spent all that time with the churchfolks

<Denise> you gotta have a better hand :p

<Argent> yeah I could probably write something out. Do we know when and where to meet?

<Denise> no, I think maybe we oughtta leave that to her, ya know?

<Denise> just say we'd like to

<Argent> Ok, I can probably cobble something together

<Denise> that's be great!

  • Denise grins

<Denise> oh - yeah

<Denise> i forgot

<Denise> but, like

<Argent> along the lines we found this knife, we believe it may be of value to you and would like to meet and discuss.

<Denise> the night of the party too

<Denise> there was some girl here maybe lookin; for you?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> that sounds great!

<Argent> yeah you briefly mentioned it before... nobody I know. Likely was looking for Hugo.

<Denise> maybe

  • Denise shrugs

<Denise> I ain't seen her back, though

<Argent> If it's important, I'm sure she'll show up again

<Denise> yeah

<Argent> I'll keep an eye out for her thought

<Argent> Did you enjoy meeting Orlan?

<Denise> :D

<Denise> that was so cool!

<Denise> He was real nice!

<Denise> I ain't never been to a party liek that

<Denise> even someone bought me a drink ^-^

<Denise> but I think it was just 'cause of Zola

<Denise> but still!

<Argent> Nothin' wrong with guys buying you drinks

<Argent> I made good tips too

<Denise> No, it just don't happen much, ya know ;p

<Denise> I bet!

<Denise> them ladies seemed real friendly >.>

<Argent> I would have tried and chatted with you, but I was a little busy... yeah they were a little grabby too... but good tips.

  • Argent shrugs

<Denise> I guess thayt

<Denise> 's alright

<Denise> I don'r think I coudl do your job though :p

<Denise> end up hittin' someome :p

  • Argent laughs

<Argent> that may not go over too well...although in that crowd, someone might of liked it.

  • Argent shakes his head

<Denise> huh

<Argent> on girl was trying to pick me up in front of her date.

<Denise> anyway, I mostly just stayed with Ander and ralf and helgea - she got more drinks bought for her though, but she always do :p

<Argent> Am I missing something... I just don't undertand.

<Denise> hmm?

<Denise> with some girl hittin' on you? :p

<Denise> you looked in a mirror befpre? :p

<Argent> she was with someone? Doesn't that seem rude or at least disloyal?

<Denise> I dunno. maybe she was tryin' t make him mad?

<Denise> I seen girls do that before, they think they guy ain't treatin' 'em right

<Denise> but like

<Denise> they're nobs

<Argent> different world I suppose

<Denise> maybe she was like... lookin' for an extra :p

<Denise> its weird, maybe

<Denise> but like this old bint with the knife

<Denise> itds like

<Denise> oh, she was in the hush, maybe that's kinda scary it is a scary I understand, right?

<Denise> if she were just a regular nob, I don't know, then, ya know?

<Argent> We'll find out soon enough once I have that note written.

<Denise> yeah!

  • Denise girns

<Argent> So back to work for me... I'll see if I can catch you later

  • Argent smiles and gets back at it.

<Denise> later!

Argent and Dorien fill each other in on one another's latest doings

  • Argent catches up with Dorien at their appartment

<Dorien_Voclain> Well hello, there. Long time no see. Sorry I've been gone so much.

<Argent> You've been dealing with personal stuff, its understandable.

<Argent> How are you doing?

  • Dorien_Voclain shrugs.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'm ok.

<Dorien_Voclain> Lots of things hitting at once.

<Argent> Sounds rough.

<Argent> Anything I can do to help?

<Dorien_Voclain> No, but I appreciate it. My father should be out of the hospital tonight. Hopefully things will be quieter after that.

<Argent> glad to hear he's doing a little better.

<Dorien_Voclain> How're things at the Cabaret?

<Argent> Up and down. There was a big private party a few days ago.Orlan Cellier and a bunch of his friends showed up.

<Argent> Waiter extrodianare, myself, was one of his servers.

<Dorien_Voclain> Musta been nice. get any good tips?

<Argent> The girls were grabby, but the tips were good.

<Dorien_Voclain> hah

<Dorien_Voclain> did you get any numbers?

<Argent> offers... not sure if I wasn't more than just a distraction to them.

<Argent> you planning on coming back anytime?

  • Dorien_Voclain sighs.

<Dorien_Voclain> It depends.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'll be back for a while at least. After that... I don't know.

<Dorien_Voclain> Things are very... fluid... right now.

<Argent> oh... looking for greener pastures?

<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah. I can't keep dealing forever.

<Argent> True enought. It's not like I plan to be a waiter all my life.

<Dorien_Voclain> What do you want to do?

<Argent> I always hoped to do something with meaning, real value. Still trying to figure out all the details on how to get there.

<Argent> Tit's is good money for now, and I meet lots of interesting people.

<Dorien_Voclain> Well, it's all about who you know in this town. And Tits' is a great place to get to know people. Maybe you being a distraction isn't all that bad sometimes.

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> maybe

<Argent> I could be fun

  • Argent muses
  • Dorien_Voclain grins

<Dorien_Voclain> I don't doubt it.

<Argent> so... if you do stop dealin' what will you do?

<Dorien_Voclain> Go legit. If I could I'd like to open up my own shop, but that takes money. Probably work for a company until then. The hard part is getting your foot in the door.

<Argent> found any doors to start with?

<Dorien_Voclain> Maybe. My father wants to help, which... I admit I never would have expected. He has connections. If any one can open the door, he can.

<Argent> Sounds like a good opportunity. I hope it works out. That way I won't have to cover all the rent for your unemployed ass.

  • Dorien_Voclain laughs.

<Dorien_Voclain> Well, neither of us wants to be here forever.

<Argent> I've lived in worse

<Argent> You ain't gonna get in any trouble leaving your old employment... its was all self-proprietorial, wasn't it?

  • Dorien_Voclain looks around.

<Dorien_Voclain> Wow, really?

<Argent> no Shambles life for you, I take it.

  • Dorien_Voclain laughs

<Dorien_Voclain> I've been there. I know there's much worse than this. Still, it would be nice to live someplace that had thicker walls and fewer mice.

<Argent> nothin' wrong with mice.

<Argent> but I can't argue about the nicer place

<Dorien_Voclain> I wouldn't mind them as much if they helped with rent.

<Argent> you just don't know the right mice

<Dorien_Voclain> That's... probably true.

<Argent> I'm glad things are going a little better.

<Dorien_Voclain> Anyway, I'd be thankful if you could let Tits know that I should be back in the next day or two.

<Dorien_Voclain> And neva. I don't want her to get too happy with me gone.

<Argent> I will, and if you need help with something, don't forget your friends. I have a good wit to go with this great face.

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles.

<Dorien_Voclain> Thanks.

<Dorien_Voclain> I appreciate it

<Dorien_Voclain> Dorien snaps his fingers, as though suddenly remembering something.

<Dorien_Voclain> "Oh, also..."

<Dorien_Voclain> There might be a Shadar Kai girl hanging around here for the next few weeks. Just temporarily.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'll try to keep her out of the way.

<Argent> Oh?

<Dorien_Voclain> I'm... helping her with some alchemy stuff.

<Argent> some new alchemy stuff or current alchemy stuff, if you get my drift.

  • Argent mouths "Drugs"

<Dorien_Voclain> Uhhhh....

<Dorien_Voclain> Probably the less you know, the better.

  • Argent nods understanding.

<Argent> So whats the girls name, so I don't have to call her Shady if I meet her?

<Argent> I hear they don't like that.

<Dorien_Voclain> Misery. And no, That's not a joke.

<Dorien_Voclain> Don't worry, I'll keep her out of your hair.

<Argent> Why, the way you talk her up, she sounds delightful.

<Argent> Relax, I'll stay out of your way.

  • Dorien_Voclain laughs.

<Dorien_Voclain> Like I said, it should only be for a few weeks.

<Dorien_Voclain> But hey, if you want me to hook you up, I can introduce you.

<Dorien_Voclain> I really wouldn't recommend it, though.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'm pretty sure she could kick both of our asses.

<Argent> It might be fun to meet her at least once.

  • Argent muses

<Argent> The way you scream, she'll like you more :)

<Dorien_Voclain> -_-

  • Argent laughs

Genevriel and Dorien have lunch together

<Genevriel> So, how is your father making out at home?

  • Genevriel wonders.

<Genevriel> Glad to be out of hospital, I'd wager.

  • Dorien_Voclain leads Gen away from Mme. Sormet's shop and around the corner, back towards the main street where they can find a cab.

<Dorien_Voclain> He only left the hospital last night, so I haven't really seen him since then, but I assume he's happy about it.

<Dorien_Voclain> Hey, how about some lunch before we head to Audejan's? There's a small cafe I used to eat at around the corner. My treat.

<Genevriel> Oh... Sure.

<Genevriel> Thanks.

  • Genevriel is always a little worried that people think she is a charity case.

<Dorien_Voclain> I owe you for the spinach turnovers.

  • Dorien_Voclain smiles

<Genevriel> No you don't.

<Genevriel> But thank you anyway.

  • Dorien_Voclain laughs and shakes his head, leading Gen to a small outdoor cafe, where they are quickly seated, as it is a slow time of the afternoon.

<Dorien_Voclain> So this Hayn woman. You think she might have seen what happened to you?

<Genevriel> Spi- Larache said she did. That's why I'm trying to find her.

<Genevriel> She might have seen something I didn't or couldn't register.

<Dorien_Voclain> What exactly do you remember?

<Dorien_Voclain> If you don't mind me asking

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> It's not very pretty, Dorien.

<Dorien_Voclain> You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.

<Genevriel> No, that isn't quite true.

<Genevriel> If you come with me, you'll hear what she has to say.

  • Dorien_Voclain nods

<Dorien_Voclain> If she wants to talk...

<Genevriel> So I ought, really, to tell you a bit about it beforehand.

<Genevriel> If she wants to talk, yes. Larache said she wouldn't speak of it to the rest of them.

<Dorien_Voclain> Maybe she will to you.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> It's none of their business, is it? But it is rather intrinsic to mine.

<Genevriel> Also... she was a little different from the rest of them.

<Dorien_Voclain> How did you two get on in the war?

<Genevriel> ... All right, I suppose.

<Genevriel> Neither of us agreed fully with much of what was going on. So we were sort of happenstance allies.

<Genevriel> Except that neither of us felt like there was anything we could really do about it, either.

<Dorien_Voclain> What didn't you agree with?

  • Genevriel 's grey eyes grow distant.

<Genevriel> It's complicated.

<Genevriel> ...

<Dorien_Voclain> :/

<Genevriel> Torture.

  • Genevriel whispers.
  • Dorien_Voclain pauses a moment and then nods.

<Genevriel> You might not like me much if you really knew.

  • Dorien_Voclain puts his hand lightly on gen's.

<Dorien_Voclain> I know thqat you're my cousin. And you're a good person.

  • Genevriel pulls her hand away.

<Dorien_Voclain> We've all done things we're... not proud of.

<Genevriel> I... herded people into buildings and set them on fire.

  • Dorien_Voclain knew the war had affected gen deeply. He had suspected it was something more than just normal combat.

<Genevriel> I thought, somehow, that could make up for what they did to my family.

  • Dorien_Voclain whipsers "Void..."

<Genevriel> I don't know how I ever thought that could make things better.

<Genevriel> It only made things worse.

<Genevriel> That's what I did.

<Genevriel> That was evil enough.

<Dorien_Voclain> I... I don't know what to say.

<Dorien_Voclain> But Gennie... you're not evil. That's not the person I know.

<Dorien_Voclain> You're trying to make up for it.

<Genevriel> I stood by and didn't try to stop Larache when he tortured someone.

<Genevriel> I didn't jump in front of the bullet when I *knew* he was going to shoot someone he'd just let go in the back.

<Dorien_Voclain> If you had, you'd be dead and he would have still killed them.

<Genevriel> And if I had, I'd be dead and wouldn't have taken life from so many others.

  • Genevriel 's eyes pool with tears and she tries to rub them away.

<Dorien_Voclain> Was that how you... your hands...

  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> He never touched me. He probably would have, if he knew that sometimes I'd give his torture victims the option of drinking pure water or foxglove tea.

<Genevriel> The last mission I was on, I just couldn't do it anymore. I helped set the house on fire, and then I walked into it and tried to pull people out.

<Genevriel> I only found two. I was only able to save one.

<Dorien_Voclain> Dear gods...

<Genevriel> That's what happened to my arms. All of me, actually. I should have died that night. But I didn't.

<Genevriel> And my arms look... they still look like Maman, and Papa's, and Andri's corpses.

<Genevriel> I think it

<Genevriel> it's so I'll never forget all the evil I've done.

<Genevriel> I don't know why else.

<Dorien_Voclain> I'm... I'm sorry, Gennie.

<Genevriel> No, there is nothing to be sorry about.

<Genevriel> I didn't have to do any of that. I could have just stayed with the refugee train. But instead I ran off to join the army to get vengeance.

<Genevriel> All my decisions. I don't deserve pity, so please don't feel sorry for me.

<Genevriel> Just remember that vengeance is the worst possible reason for going to war.

<Dorien_Voclain> There are few good reasons for war.

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Dorien_Voclain> We all have our sins, Gennie. And we all have our scars.

<Genevriel> Some sins are more forgivable than others. And some scars never heal.

<Dorien_Voclain> Dorien nodded slowly. "I know. It's not pity, Gen. It's sympathy. If anyone knows what it's like to make mistakes, it's me."

<Genevriel> I'm going to hell when I die, Dorien. All those Psyrenes... they'll make sure of it. And I'm... gods help me... I'm looking forward to it. Because I deserve it. I need that expiation.

  • Dorien_Voclain is quiet, unsure of what to say.

<Genevriel> But I'm also so scared.

  • Genevriel whispers in closing.
  • Genevriel can't seem to eat much of the lunch you bought her, after all that.

<Dorien_Voclain> "...at least you'll have me there with you."

  • Genevriel raises her eyes to meet yours.

<Genevriel> No, Dorien... I don't think so.

<Genevriel> You had an accident. For me, it was all intentional.

<Dorien_Voclain> I killed two people, Gen. And who knows how many more with the shit I sell. That's not an accident.

  • Genevriel looks pensive, then shrugs and nods.
  • Dorien_Voclain sighs and then smirks ironically.

<Dorien_Voclain> We're quite the pair, eh?"

Hettienne and Denise discuss Annyck


* Hettienne is picking at her dinner one afternoon, trying to decide whether she really needs to ask Denise this or not.
* Denise pokes at her chicken too, eyeing you
<Denise> not enough salt?
<Hettienne> Huh?
<Hettienne> Oh no, it's fine, hon.
<Hettienne> I just.. got some stuff on my mind.
<Denise> oh yeah?
<Hettienne> Well it's..
<Hettienne> It's complicated, I guess.
<Hettienne> Ugh.
<Denise> anythin' I can do?
<Hettienne> Might be. But I been worryin' about whether it's right to ask you. :/
<Denise> why?
<Denise> I mean
<Denise> You're family
* Denise says, because duh
<Hettienne> well...
<Hettienne> You know what I come from, how I done some jobs for the emperor, stitchin' uniforms and such.
<Denise> yeah
<Hettienne> The person who landed me in the joint, who left me holdin' the bag...
<Hettienne> I got word about where she's at.
<Hettienne> An' I'm tryin' to decide, y'see, how I want to handle our unfinished business. Or if I wanna.
<Denise> ahh...
<Denise> is she's worth the trouble, you mean?
<Hettienne> Yeah.
* Hettienne is uncharacteristically solemn.
<Hettienne> When I first heard... I was all ready to go sling some lead, y'know...
* Denise nods, listening
* Hettienne leans on her hands, tangling her fingers in her thick hair. "Ugh, honey. Your auntie's a mess."
* Hettienne grimaces.
<Denise> :/
* Denise will reach over and give your shoulder a squeeze
<Denise> it'll be all right...
<Denise> Lemme fix you a coffee
<Hettienne> Thanks, sweetie.
* Denise will step over to the kitchen to do so
<Denise> do you like.... you know what you want?
<Denise> 'bout this unfinished business?
* Hettienne stares off into space for a couple of seconds.
<Hettienne> Wish I did...
<Denise> Ah :/
<Hettienne> Maybe I'll figure it out as I go.
<Denise> Easier to keep outta trouble if you got a plan though. ain't it?
<Hettienne> Yeah, reckon so.
<Denise> you need anything though....
<Hettienne> ...
<Denise> Like I said - You're family
<Hettienne> That fella you went tunnel runnin' with.
<Denise> hmm?
<Denise> Enver?
<Hettienne> Whatsisname? Evard? Enver?
<Hettienne> Yeah.
<Denise> ah ha ha not Evard no @_@
<Hettienne> He knows his way 'round, huh?
<Denise> oh, yeah
<Hettienne> I know the tunnels pretty good, see, but like, the Pav... it's all new.
<Denise> he said its liek that in pearl, where they're always building stuff and then knocikin' it down, so it can change pretty quick
<Hettienne> You think you could call him up for me?
* Denise looks pensive
<Denise> what'd you mean, call him up? YOu want him to show you around up there?
<Hettienne> Yeah.
<Hettienne> In case I need to know.
<Denise> whelp, I can ask him, and I will if you want
<Denise> ain't no question of that
<Hettienne> ...but?
<Denise> I dunno what he'd say though, or what he might want :p
<Hettienne> What did you all give 'im?
<Denise> we gave him a cut
<Denise> its more like - he ain't supposed to be pullin' stuff like that >.>
<Hettienne> Well, maybe we could just have a lil chat.
<Denise> but if its just like.... showing around, well
* Denise nods
<Denise> I'll ask 'im
* Hettienne nods back.
<Hettienne> 'Preciate it, darlin'.
* Denise smiles
<Denise> I'll let you knw what he says, soon's I see 'im

Denise meets with Enver


<Enver> (where do you want to track him down?)
<Denise> (I think the only place I know where to find him is the cellar >.>)
<Enver> (okay. I wasn't sure if you knew where he lived :)
<Denise> (Not that I'm aware of?)
<Enver> ('k)
* Enver can be tracked down at the Cellar then
<Denise> (I might I suppose, I coudl roll K: local?)
<Enver> (if you want :)
<Denise> 9i will roll 'causer I'm curious now :V)
<Enver> (okay :)
<Denise> !roll 1d20+5
* |Zola| rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 7 ].
<Denise> (ah ha ha no :p)
<Enver> (no clue :)
* Denise apparenlty doens't even know what neighborhood he lives in ;p
* Denise will peek into the cellar then
* Enver is hanging out with a few of the regulars
* Denise will say hi if they are folks she knows
<Enver> (Darcine, Reyan, and Leiv, maybe a few others?)
* Enver is talking with Darcine about some shipment of something that's been held up
<Denise> (Well, Darcine is probably the one she knows best, anyway)
<Enver> Oh hey, hi Denise
* Enver says on seeing you
<Denise> hey!
<Denise> how goes?
<Enver> Oh, well, you know - busy.
* Enver does not actually look especially busy right now, kicking back with a beer
<Denise> oh yeah I can tell, can't catch a break :p
<Enver> heh
* Denise grins though
<Enver> what's up?
<Denise> actually I was gonna see if I could borrow you for a sec
<Denise> if, ya know, you got time in your packed up schedule ^-^
<Enver> well, I could probably fit you in
<Enver> (I am too lazy to add Darcine right now but we can assume she says hi too, she's not just ignoring you ;)
<Denise> (yeah, I assume Denise can chat with folks a bit, in general)
<Enver> d'you wanna talk here?
* Enver asks in case it's something sooper seekrit
<Denise> mmm..... maybe over in the booth?
* Denise assunes that is slightly more private anyway
<Enver> sure, okay
* Enver will head over to the booth with you
* Denise will sit
<Denise> so >.>
<Denise> This ain't a business thing, really
<Denise> Well, kinda, I guess
<Enver> oh?
* Enver looks intrigued
<Enver> what's it about?
<Denise> My aunt Hettie
<Denise> She's got some business of her own she's tryin' to sort out
<Enver> yeah?
* Denise nods
<Denise> And she's wanting to know a bit more about the underways up in the Pav
<Enver> oh.. the Pav's kinda tough. depends where she's wantin' to go.
<Denise> yeah, tat's what she said - I don't know where though
<Denise> She knows her way around a bit already
* Enver nods
<Denise> anyway, she was lookin' to maybe at least talk to someone who knows it a bit better
<Enver> well.. I could prolly give her some advice.
<Denise> yeah?
<Denise> that'd be great :D
<Enver> maybe for like... a bit of a gratuity, like.
* Denise nods
<Denise> yeah that's what I figured, prolly she'd go for that
<Denise> what's a bit?
<Enver> well, I dunno. if she just wants to talk, say maybe a couple imps. If she wants a guided tour, that'd be more.
* Denise nods
<Denise> well, at least talk, I know that'll be alright
<Enver> then I could use that couple imps to take you out to the movies sometime. if you wanted.
<Denise> more'n that you;d have to sort out with her
* Enver offers with a smile
<Denise> uhh what?
* Denise is caught totally off guard
<Enver> you don't like goin' to the movies?
<Denise> I do!
<Enver> well, if you like the movies, an' you like me okay, we could go sometime. was all I was thinkin'.
<Denise> you mean like.... a date?
* Enver shrugs
<Enver> it could be just friends, if you'd rather.
* Denise just seems completely thrown off her game
* Enver looks a little uncomfortable himself
<Enver> or, could be a date >.>
<Denise> um...okay?
<Enver> okay it's a date?
<Denise> Uh.
<Denise> Sure?
<Enver> okay, cool
<Enver> uh... so, I guess, let your aunt know I can talk to her sometime, if she wants to come by here that's prolly easiest.
* Enver says, trying to resume his businesslike face, but kind of smiling too
<Denise> Right.
<Denise> yeha
<Denise> I'll, um, see you around then?
<Enver> Sure. Uh... do you know where my place is, like, if you needed to find me an' I wasn't here?
<Denise> no!
<Denise> Where's that at?
<Enver> well, it's right around the wall, you know, like at the edge of Rhenea. Built right up against it, cause that's like... the safest place to be at.
* Enver gives you directions on how to find it
* Denise blinks
<Denise> safest from what?
<Enver> from ... stuff, or whatever.
* Enver says vaguely
* Denise grins
<Enver> I mean that wall's been there like a couple thousand years, it ain't goin' anywhere.
<Denise> Zombie rats? ^-^
<Enver> sure, like that sorta stuff.
<Denise> that's cool
<Enver> It's like knowin' the city's got your back.
<Denise> huh
<Enver> well uh... so, yeah, I guess I'll see you soon?
<Denise> yeah!
<Denise> soon!
* Denise says with a sorta nervouls/still kinda flustered smile
<Enver> great :)
* Denise will head off then..... must go fine Mireva because she'll know what just hapened there @_@


Denise meets up with Mireva


* Mireva can be found at ... her place? I don't actually know where she lives. do they have an olvir for the half-SK kids?
<Denise> (I have no clue! she might want a place o her own, or more on her own at this point though, if she can)
<Mireva> (that's true. idk if she can afford one? but maybe like... an attic room she's renting from someone else kind of thing)
<Denise> 9Yeha, I have no idea what she does for moneyn >.>)
* Denise knocks then @_@
* Mireva opens the door with her hair in clamps to set it in waves
<Mireva> oh hi!
<Denise> Hi!
<Denise> Can I come in? @_@
<Mireva> course you can!
* Denise says, brushing past her and then flopping on her bed
* Denise hides her head under the pillow (if there is a pillow. I assum so)
<Mireva> (presumably)
<Mireva> ...what's wrong?
<Denise> Nothing!
<Denise> I don't thinkg!
<Denise> I'm just - ahh!
* Denise lifts the pillow to communicate and the pulls it back down ovwe her face
* Mireva comes to sit beside you
<Mireva> something must've happened, so ... spill :)
* Denise hides behind the pillow more firmly for a minute and then peeks out from behind it, eyes wide
<Denise>
<m>I have a date
<Mireva> you do???
<Denise> D:  :D D:
<Mireva> AHHHHH!
<Mireva> with who? :o
* Denise hides again
<Denise>
<m>Enver
<Mireva> (...does she know who that is? like, has Denise talked about him before?)
<Denise> (Probably she has mentioned him but I don't know that they'w have ever met)
<Denise> (I'm sure Mireva heard about the zobie rat, anyway, with details elided ;)
<Mireva> is he that sewer guy?
<Denise> ¬_¬
<Denise> that ain't how I'd put it
<Mireva> oh... well, okay. how'd you put it?
<Denise> well it ain't likwe he smells bad or nothin' :p
<Mireva> I dunno all your fancy Rat terms :)
<Mireva> well, that's good!
<Mireva> is he cute?
<Denise> (I assume, on the whole, he does not reek of sewer, anyway. Maybe soemtimes >.>)
<Denise> Um.
<Denise> I guess?
<Mireva> (not on the average, no. I mean probably occasionally but he does bathe and change his clothes and stuff ;)
<Denise> (yeah that was what I figured.)
<Mireva> did he ask you out? what happened?
<Denise> (lots of laundry :p)
<Mireva> (I imagine he has kind of a ... 'sewer wardrobe' and then regular clothes that he wears otherwise, when he can manage that.)
<Denise> (yeah)
<Denise> well, like
<Denise> I had to go sk him 'bout somethin'
<Denise> (ask)
<Denise> and then he was like 'an' then maybe I can take you out to the movies sometime'
<Mireva> eee :D
<Denise> but liek yeah
<Denise> I don't know what to do @_@
<Mireva> well.. you said yes, right?
<Denise> yeah...
<Denise> I mena
<Denise> no one ever asked me on a date before
<Mireva> well that's cause they're stupid.
<Denise> I dunno
<Denise> I ain't really pretty an I'm bigger than most of the boys I know, one way or another :p
<Mireva> you bigger'n him?
<Mireva> (the answer is yes. he's probably about 5'9", 5'10" maybe?)
<Denise> yeah
<Denise> like
<Mireva> does that matter to you? like... I guess it must not matter to him, since he asked. but do you really want a taller guy?
<Denise> maybe just a little taller but like, still bigger, ya know >.>
<Denise> I don't know!
<Denise> I never thought about it!
* Mireva smiles
<Mireva> well.
<Mireva> one date to the movies isn't like you're gettin' serious or anything yet.
<Denise> right
<Mireva> you can go an' find out if you like him well enough
<Denise> shouldn't I already know that though?
<Denise> unh
* Denise hides behind the pillow again
<Mireva> hey... it's okay.
* Mireva pats your back
* Denise sighs
<Mireva> ... do you want me to go too? like with a guy, I mean. a double date or somethin'?
<Denise> eh?
<Mireva> so that you aren't stuck there alone with him
<Denise> um.... maybe?
<Denise> I dunno, maybe that weren't what he had in mind >.>
<Mireva> well...
<Denise> bu like
* Mireva makes a little face at that
<Denise> I guess if maybe you already *had* a date, say....
<Denise> >.>
<Mireva> if he ain't polite enough to be nice with your friends along, he ain't the kind of boy you wanna date anyway.
<Denise> oh. huh
<Denise> I guess so.
* Denise hadn't thought of that
<Denise> He's pretty cool though
* Mireva smiles
<Mireva> that's good :)
<Denise> he does have real nice eyes >.>
<Mireva> yeah, what colour?
<Denise> green
<Denise> like, real bright green
* Mireva smiles
<Denise> who would hyou go with?
<Mireva> I dunno.
<Denise> >.>
<Denise> weeeeeeeeellllll
<Mireva> whaaat?
<Denise> I dunno
<Denise> but like
<Denise> I could ask Argent >.>
<Mireva> oooh?
<Denise> well at least Enver's met him, right?
<Mireva> yeah, that's true
<Denise> so that might be okay?
* Mireva nods
<Denise> well
<Denise> like
<Mireva> we can sit like... in the row behind you, if you wanna make out ;)
* Mireva teases
<Denise> @_@
* ZzolaA (Mibbit@rogue3.ups.com) has joined #changeling
<Denise> I ain't....
<Denise> I don't know
<Mireva> I'm just teasing
<Denise> I never kissed no one even D:
<Mireva> you don't gotta do that stuff if you don't want to
<Denise> right
<Denise> but liek
<Denise> I don't know if I want to?
<Mireva> you don't know if you wanna kiss him?
<Denise> Well I never thought about it before!
<Mireva> well... you got a little time to try thinkin' about it
<Denise> how am I suppose to know if I wanna do something if I don't kno what its like!
<Denise> I guess, yeah
<Mireva> and besides... one kiss, like... if he wanted to, you could try it, see how it is? but you don't have to do more'n that.
<Mireva> maybe he won't try, on a first date an' all.
<Mireva> I don't mean to make you nervous. *more* nervous.
<Denise> right
<Denise> its just
<Denise> I was real surprised, is all!
* Mireva smiles
<Mireva> well, try an' have fun, enjoy it :)
* Denise nods
<Mireva> uh... how old is he?
* Mireva realizes she should ask
<Denise> eh?
<Mireva> i just mean, he's like our age, right?
<Denise> I dunno - like a year older'n me, maybe?
<Denise> oh yea
<Mireva> okay, yeah
<Denise> why?
<Denise> I'm not gonna go ona date with somebody *old*
<Mireva> well... if he was a lot older, like, I might worry he was tryin' to take advantage of you.
<Mireva> even if he was, I dunno, twenty or so
<Mireva> ... do you think he's had any girlfriends before?
<Denise> I dunno
<Denise> (do I know of any?)
<Denise> i ain't known 'im that long
<Mireva> (you haven't heard of any)
<Denise> I ain't heard of any
<Denise> any like
<Denise> hes asking *me* out, so :p
<Denise> (and like)
<Mireva> well, pft. that don't mean he hasn't got any other options. you got lots of things a guy might like about you.
<Mireva> if it doesn't work out with this fella, you should try dating some shadar-kai boy, they like girls who might be able to beat them up ;)
<Denise> heh, maybe :p
<Mireva> but seriously.
<Mireva> you're sweet and kind and you stick up for people you care about. plus, you got really pretty hair. A guy could do a lot worse, honey.
<Denise> -_-
<Denise> so I got nice personality *and* nice hair?
<Mireva> you do!
<Mireva> I'm not just saying that to make you feel better :p
<Denise> that's....
<Denise> :(
<Denise> that's a *thing*
<Denise> Oh maybe you ain't never heard it before :(
<Mireva> and maybe there are other things he likes about you. I don't know him. maybe he thinks your eyes are real pretty too, or your hands, or your shoulders, or ... lots of things.
<Mireva> you could ask him ;)
<Denise> uh
<Denise> no? @_@
<Denise> I dunno
<Mireva> :/
<Mireva> it should be happy when a guy asks you out, I mean as long as he's not gross or creepy or something.
<Denise> he's not!
<Mireva> well, good then :)
<Denise> its like... it is kinda exciting?
<Denise> but I just ain't evern been the kind of girl that goes on dates and so I don't knwo what I'm doing, is all
<Mireva> well, I can help you there
<Denise> please @_@
<Mireva> I'll help you with your clothes an' makeup if you want it, an'... I dunno, if you have questions, I can try to answer
<Mireva> and like, I'll be along too, so if you need to, you can say you gotta go to the bathroom and we can go talk
* Mireva leans over and gives you a hug
* Denise hugs back
<Denise> am I bein'g dumb about this?
<Denise> It ain't nothing really, right? :/
<Mireva> well... no, it's gotta be confusing and all, I guess, since you weren't expecting it.
<Mireva> I don't think it's dumb to be nervous or not sure
<Mireva> but just like... it's not as big a deal as maybe it seems inside your head, right? it's a movie with a guy you already know, an' it doesn't gotta be any more than that.
<Denise> okay
<Denise> could even be fun, right?
<Mireva> that's the idea, yeah :)
* Denise grins
<Denise> okay
* Denise hugs you again
<Mireva> it'll be okay
<Mireva> once you calm down a little, you can think more about like... whether you'd want to kiss him, if he asked. if you don't feel like you might at least like to try it, then maybe you're just meant to be friends with him. but you don't have to decide that now, or even at the movies. it's okay to take your time.
* Denise nods
<Denise> okay
<Denise> we got some time anyway, I think
* Mireva nods
<Mireva> Do you wanna talk to Argent, then, or want me to come along for that?
<Denise> uh well
<Denise> do you wanna?
<Denise> You've met Argent, right?
* Denise can't remember >.>
<Mireva> (I guess I was assuming she had, but then I think you only got to be friends with her after he was already gone, so ... maybe not?)
<Mireva> (although maybe if she's come by the club she's met him in passing :)
<Mireva> (that might make most sense?)
<Denise> (yeah at least the night we went out)
<Mireva> (yeah)
<Mireva> Yeah, I met him, but he was working that night so we didn't get to talk real long or anything. he was cute, though :)
* Denise nods
<Denise> well
<Denise> can put the idea wo him, ;'cause I'll probably see him tonight at work
<Denise> (I)
<Mireva> okay
<Denise> (I shoudl go to bed, this went longer than I expected :o)
<Mireva> (okay, sorry for keeping you up!)
<Denise> (no worries, I don't know if there is much more constuctive to add anyway. I'll send the logs to C later)
<Denise> (thank you ^_^)
<Mireva> (welcome :)